Speaker 1: What was they saying? You were gonna say something interesting for the cars.
Speaker 2: Someone's so fucking interesting for the cold home? Like ship, what do I say for the cold open? Because it's I's gonna be like Jack, you have your grandpa's eyebrows?
Speaker 1: What else? What else? What else?
Speaker 3: Showed my kids my neighbor Totoro over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh, you showed them.
Speaker 4: And they were I was like real worried. I kept like checking the run time, be like how long is this? Is this like too slow for them?
Speaker 1: They boards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they loved that ship man.
Speaker 4: They were like talking about it like belly laughing every time too was on. And then like they've been drawing Toturo all last night this morning. Okay, so the magic works Uh've been with It was like they're just like so obsessed with Star Wars ship that, like I was. I was just like I got to get them like a different type of magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yazaki is definitely nothing close to Lucas.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it doesn't involve fucking blasters. No, That's just all I hear all day is like pew.
Speaker 5: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of.
Speaker 4: STEE.
Speaker 3: It's a production of Iyheart Radio.
Speaker 4: This is the episode where we tell you what is trending, what was trending over the weekend, what's going on with us. My name is Jackie O'Brien, that is mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Don't have a way to really start that one off dynamically, but I will say, well again, I know the people who wanted to go on Discord, hit me up again. I like to only I don't like to put out permanent links because you never know where that shit gets out and then to weirdo people try and you know, fucking hop in the discord hit me up again. I will send out discord invites again. Just DMCD at Miles of Gray, score, Twitter, Instagram, and I will be sure to get you that because I saw a few people who were like, oh shit, I didn't use it in time. Remind me please, got a lot on my plate, but I will ship fuck.
Speaker 1: These guys are in the server. Fucked me. All right.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, we're gonna talk about some of the things that we're having over the weekend. How Trump's few first few days as a convicted felon went on for him, uh and for his campaign and for those of us who received text messages from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oh personally right, yeah, perject.
Speaker 4: You gotta help me, man, guy, help me. Have me on a DZ mail from Trump. Colon is the formatting is very weird. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: To you, Colon.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will give money Trump great, but first we like to get.
Speaker 3: To know each other a little bit better.
Speaker 4: If you guys just get to know us by telling you stuff that we think is underrated, overrated? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Miles, do you want to kick us off with some peace things under underrated?
Speaker 1: Under I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I'm still battling a bit of a I don't think sinus thing infection. I don't know it's it's not bad, but I feel like I need to go to the doctor. But it's bad enough that it's inconveniencing me. But anyway, that plus a baby going through a massive sleep regression, has made me realize how fine the margins are for you know, necessary sleep to get through a day.
Speaker 1: I think most of us.
Speaker 2: Know that adults need between seven and nine hours of sleep per night. Yeah, but many of us, I think, also kind of go by whether or not we're just able to drag our asses through the day as a.
Speaker 1: Metric whether or not we had enough sleep, So like, yeah, I scraped by I think that was enough sleep.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I'm also realizing that while I used to be able to do around seven around seven hours and be able to function, I really actually need closer to eight. I'm realizing personally that's kind of my sweet spot. Like I started shifting my night a little bit to see how much better I felt when I was able to sleep continuously.
Speaker 1: Obviously screaming baby aside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that seems like the floor for me actually now that I realize, and I'm trying to really respect that because it does it makes me a better fucking parent, partner, podcaster the Three Pie's you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He cute and that's what it's all about. But yeah, I think I'm closer to eight. And then as I was reading about this shit, they're like stress also, like, is another factor that's kept me up or not sleeping or waking up in the middle of night. But there's a study that came out recently that also found that financial stress is one of the biggest indicators for people not getting enough rest. And that makes sense because inequality affects people in every imaginable dimension. But in this analysis, they said that they found that the most underslept people live in low income rural areas is primarily in the South, like West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama regularly get the least amount of sleep. And it's not because they don't have like a fucking temper pedic pillow or some shit, right, it's just the financial stress. So do you think in these like these poverty reports they sort of overlap with the amount of sleep people get too.
Speaker 1: Boulder, Colorado the most well.
Speaker 2: Rested city in the United States apparently, Wow yeah eight, But yeah, I mean we're living in the society that we live in the United States, Like financial stress will be almost feel like ambient.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, the water quality for a fish, you know, Yeah, you can't turn it off.
Speaker 1: It's the air you breathe.
Speaker 2: Literally in a lot of cases, depending on how if the EPA looks the other way, Yeah, it's it's but it's wild just how much that like really kind of overlaps in such a direct way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my underrated I was just noticing how effective it is when someone accuses their opposite in an argument or a conflict of.
Speaker 3: Doing the bad thing they're already doing.
Speaker 4: This is like we've talked about this a lot, like with regards to Republicans usually yes, yes, that they will do fascism while screaming about how the world is fascist and taking away their rights. So I got to view it from an impartial perspective. My wife currently super obsessed with tennis and pre challengers.
Speaker 1: That's pre challengers, right.
Speaker 4: Challengers and like are just part of the same kind of gestalt. She's ben become super obsessed with tennis over the past like year and a half. She's listening to a tennis book by a former pro. It's called like Winning Ugly is about like how to become good, like just using the mental game. It's by this guy, Brad Gilbert, who rose to I think number four in the world in nineteen ninety but is like like people would watch him be like, but he's not good, right, like that guy kind of with his mind. Yeah, well he's just like, yeah, he really paid attention to the mental side. And so he was describing this match where he got owned by Ivonne Lendall.
Speaker 1: You remember him, yes.
Speaker 4: And it was just so basically he was like Lindel was like going through a rut or like needed rest, and so he like slowed the game down. Was just like like he'd pretend he had like an eyelash coming out of his eye, you know, like just do anything he could to slow shit down, like the Dark Tie Untie, the dark arts of like fucking with your opponent. But then the thing that put it over the top is he kept doing this as this guy's about to serve to him. And then as the guy's about to serve, he like spoke to the line. Judge was like, could you tell him to stop delaying like Lendall did about like is going he's taking too long with his serve. I think it's to like mess me up.
Speaker 3: And it just like totally fucked his opponent up.
Speaker 4: And it just felt I don't know, like seeing that tactic from like an impartial perspective where it doesn't affect me at all, but I was just like, God damn, this is so effective. It's so like I don't know what to do with it. And I feel like we don't, like we don't have a shorthand for it. And I think that's part of the like the way that we had a shorthand for like things Trump making things worse and worse, and like it like the normalization of it being people were like, Oh, it's the Overton window, and then people kind of suddenly knew what that meant for a while. I feel like we need that for this because otherwise it's just like he's.
Speaker 3: Doing he's accusing that of doing the thing.
Speaker 4: He's doing, which just sounds too much like I know you are, but what am I you know?
Speaker 1: Isn't that just like kind of isn't that a form of like projection though?
Speaker 4: So, Yeah, the psychological term is projection, and I think that has a connotation that's being done inadvertently that it's like because that and I think it started from the fact that narcissism is currently like a personality disorder that is like a cheat code for our modern world, and narcissists just can't help but project like whatever they're worried about, they will accuse the other side of. But I think it under like calling it projection, I think underplays how effective it is, right that it's like a really difficult to deal with tactic that we're going to see from these people more and more like it, like Gish gallup is something Andrew t frequent guess of the show talked about, is this tactic from debating where you embed like this crazy assumption in your argument that is going to like take too long and too many words for your opponent to deal with and so they have to just like skip over it even though it's like wild.
Speaker 3: But I don't know that it's it's that, but.
Speaker 4: It's also there's like a perpendicularity to like the gish gallop thing being the thing that you are doing that is unfair to that person. So I don't know, I just feel like we need a phrase. Not sure it would even help, but like yeah, it would just help us like deal with what we're about to what we've been dealing with.
Speaker 1: But you know, yeah it's jank kettle pot dynamics.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, I mean I think ye is maybe a good like told kettle.
Speaker 2: Engaging in kettle kettle pot lendalism. This is KPL to the t. This is the textbook definition of KPL. But I think, yeah that I think the reason why that's affect if not just like in political discourse and in like a tennis match, is like that whole thing is about getting your opponent to completely surrender their ability to control themselves, because by putting subjecting them to all this bullshit and then accusing it to them, that's such a shorthand to frying someone's outrage circuits.
Speaker 1: To be like, are you fucking serious? You fucking me? Yeah, I'm fucking wasting time. You fuck that.
Speaker 2: That's where you know, you can learn something from the great action star Steven Segal Russian hero.
Speaker 1: Just really just keep your shit together and.
Speaker 3: The momentum against them.
Speaker 2: But again, when you have like, yeah, media punditry class that's just more than willing to be like.
Speaker 1: What the fuck are they talking about? Then yeah, you win every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, because they go for it every time, and so you get to yeah, the unjust I mean.
Speaker 2: He was just convicted, and now just treat them like your friend who's a full of shit liar or not, you're I don't know if you're friends of those people with someone you know, we're like, yeah, all right, just shut up, dude, shut.
Speaker 4: Up narcissistic liars. So that's the other I just surround myself with people who are just constantly.
Speaker 2: Projecting yeah, yeah, tell me about it, Hey, why'd you say that?
Speaker 3: And then waggle your eyebrows what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated?
Speaker 2: This kind of goes into the trump ship that's happening right now with the conviction overrated is the repels I.
Speaker 4: Go first then, because mine has absolutely nothing to do with that, and that is the story. You can flow right into it. Yeah, go ahead, flow right in. Uh so mine is uh all right. So a couple questions for you, uh huh. When you were sick like nauseous growing up, did you have a certain thing that you would put next to your bed, like in case you couldn't make it to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be like a it would be like a trash can or like a stock pot with a.
Speaker 1: Stockpag in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so stock We were stockpot always, yeah, yeah, yeah. And then we also ate popcorn out of a colander that which okay, you did that too, all right. And then this was a weird like we had a communal sock drawer for the whole family.
Speaker 2: Is that a communal sower?
Speaker 1: Don't you have like three isn't it like three three of you kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were three kids, there were, and we just kept them all in the same thing and you would go and find the one that was the best fit, and it was just like an assumption that like it's not gonna be perfect.
Speaker 2: Like you're looking for discount DVDs in the checkout line of fries or some ship, you're like, oh, I guess belly for two dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah kind of yeah, But I just I think they're like the crock pot thing, like that's kind of fucked. Like I don't I don't like the idea that you would like throw up in a stockpot.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 3: We didn't grow up putting a bag in it, so there was no separation.
Speaker 2: And so see that's where I think my mom was like, do not puke into the pot itself, but we will use that as the rigid structure to hold a garbage bag or shopping.
Speaker 3: Bag, which like it's metal, it's gonna wash off.
Speaker 4: But like there is like a mentally, yeah that happens.
Speaker 1: You could boil the funk out of it and there would be no germs.
Speaker 3: But I get that, but there's just like something weird. So she was like, out on that.
Speaker 2: Is the universal sock drawer more born out of having so many fucking socks to do that. It just like was like we're not starts time with this just fucking rondr sock drawer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys deal with the sorting of the socks because it's a fucking pin in the ass. And also they're like kind of they can be hard difficult to like tell apart, like Okay, this is.
Speaker 3: The dad sock and this is like the kids sock, but like the like.
Speaker 2: White athletic cruise socks or something like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that, But no, we.
Speaker 1: Didn't have that.
Speaker 4: Did you have any familial traditions that like, as you became an adult you thought, like I'm reminded, there's this one story where someone like slept over at a friend's house and at night, like that friend's family like all got into lazy boys in a single room and went to sleep like on recliners. It was like the weirdest possible version of you know, but yeah, exactly, But I think it's interesting, like there's these little things that were like, yeah, I know we always did that that as you become an adult, people are like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, did I have any shit like that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I had things that like when I had like American roommates and shit, like they would be like they were like weird Asian immigrant habits that I had that they were like, what the fuck are you doing? Like the biggest thing I've talked about this on the show before is like not refrigerating shit that I would be like stewing overnight like if I made miso soup or some other thing like that, shit didn't go in the refrigerator, right.
Speaker 3: All sat out overnight, Like I know that from my care and in laws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly what you gonna die? And I'm like the fuck out of my face, bro, and then boil it again. I remember that what I had.
Speaker 2: This one roommate he's my voice, though he would he was so shook by the fact that I was not refrigerating shit. He was honestly like saying, She's like all right, bro, but like when you have to go to the hospital, man, like I'll take you, but like just I just want you to know, like like I warned you. Then I was like, I've been doing this every day of my fucking license before we met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we here, we're still here, this whole constant still is out here not refrigerating shit.
Speaker 4: So you think a first version of that where you like realize you've been fucking up. I think that a lot of American people probably had was the electric tea kettle like I didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh boiling, like stove boiling versus an electric kettle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stove boiling an electric The electric kettle is just objectively so much.
Speaker 2: Better than oh hell yeah, especially if you got that you depressed the topics. Oh yes, and then that's fucking how you got like a gallon in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, that was my score with one. What is something, Miles, do you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: The Republicans understanding of government slash the Dems thinking this is it for Trump? This whole thing is so so much. Something that is interesting about the Maga movement is that it does operate truly like any other fandom.
Speaker 3: It's a fandom.
Speaker 2: It's truly a fandom because what it did was a lot a lot of people who are disinterested in sports or disinterested in politics to bring that same nonsensical, illogical way of thinking into politics now and be like, oh, yeah, I'm team Maga. I don't know anything, I don't know how any of this shit works, but I just know this is my team. So, you know, like any fandom, you got to have the narrative we are the best, we are number one, fuck anybody else. And then when that veil is pierced, you have to go into fucking full spin control to convince yourself that despite the overwhelming evidence that is presented to you, you are still the best and we still are winners. And I do this a lot as a Laker fan, right, I talk about this even on mad Boosti's where like, my pride tells me we are the best, and when that reality isn't being presented, I start telling myself that we can just sign the best players next season, or best coach whatever, just completely completely removed from the realities of things like contracts, salary caps, whether or not it's even technically feed like things like limitations that would make my fantasies literally impossible. So, like with the GOP, they're freaking out because their boy got touched by the legal system and now they have to cope hard. And the coping this time comes in the form of again just fantasy revenge shit that is absolutely unable to happen aside from the very real threats of dosing. And like the and all the other campaigns that they say they're embarking on, but like specifically, right.
Speaker 4: So the real threat that he gets elected president, in which case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I'm talking of like the things that were people like, oh, New York want to do that to Trump.
Speaker 1: We'll guess what. All the truckers are gonna boycott New York. Now, no they're not.
Speaker 2: And even in the fucking weird AI images that you've you've shown there, those trucks aren't even going to New York. But anyway, go on, please with your fantasy or Marjorie Taylor Green suggesting that we can strip the empire state of all federal funding. Yeah no, no, no, no, no, he's got that. What about all the fucking Republicans that are in New York too, that are like, I kind of that's my state or.
Speaker 1: No trash collection for you by that logic too. Uh.
Speaker 2: The man is facing a fucking Rico charge out in fucking Georgia, but you're not out here talking about defunding your own fucking state.
Speaker 1: So again, then I like it.
Speaker 3: Screaming they're gonna find him innocent and.
Speaker 2: Exactly screaming about it, I know makes us feel good, but it doesn't make it true. The one shitty part is even though speaker Mike Johnson and Trump himself hope the Supreme Court can step in, and that.
Speaker 6: Sadly, technically is a possibility, the Supreme Court coming in. And I mean, eventually you could technically appeal to the Supreme Court, like up and up and up and up and up, but that's gonna take such a long time.
Speaker 2: But who knows what happens, because I don't think this appellate court. I don't think he's gonna succeed on his appeal considering it was a jury trial. But anyway, all that to say is like I think all parties engage in this fantasy coping and it just it's just so hard to watch sometimes. Like on the other side, dude, the fucking fundraising texts I'm getting from Democrats.
Speaker 1: Are absolutely out of this world.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know if we're I thought the election was like the fate of democracy or is it like a fucking door buster sale, because like the way the fucking texts are coming in, let me just read one. This is the first one is to all Joe Biden supporters. Please don't click away from this critical message from Gavin News and blah blah blahlah talking about all this shit, how we need to you like him? After that, I get another one today only Trump found guilty. All donations to boost Biden are four x match ten dollars equals forty twenty five equals one hundred? Okay, what what are you sure? Today? And today only then they go on it's like guilty, we got him. Like it's stuff like that where I'm like, this is unbelievable. It's not rooted in reality. And again they're really really selling people on this shit that like this is somehow really gonna get the Trump campaign wobbling. It may, but there are also these wacky headlines are like oh Trump faces triple poll devastation blah blah blah blah blah, where people are like it might make someone less likely.
Speaker 1: To vote for Trump if they're a Republican.
Speaker 2: But I just there's just all these like sort of cope celebratory headlines in every direction that everyone's trying to make it a win for themselves or whatever the fuck that I just it's it's just disorienting, and again there's real things happening, but.
Speaker 4: Yes, and people try to turn Joe Biden's like weird smile into like, oh my gown he got owned Trump and it's like, I feel like he just looked kind of it was weird, creepy.
Speaker 3: It was very creepy for for real.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get out of context, put another question in there and make that look really weird.
Speaker 3: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break. We're gonna come back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about what Trump's been up to, uh since being convicted of thirty four felonies.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back and we're back mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And he uh, Trump spent his first weekend as a convicted felon meeting with his parole officer. Uh, you know, he was, you know, taken into custody, met with his Oh I'm sorry, I know. He just went out, had had a wild one, was spiraling on social media, claiming that he was being targeted for political persecution, basically turning himself into a religious martyr, going to a UFC fight and seemingly just having a blast joining TikTok. But yeah, so this social media spiraling posted a prayer for himself. Strengthen him, Lord, send legions of angels to protect him. Father, guarden, guide his heart and mind, ease his cares and give him good rest, give him your peace and wisdom, h cause his enemies to stumble and fall into confusion and panic. Give him energy and clarity. That's kind of weird to be like, I, God, I really need like you to be my adderall right now.
Speaker 2: It's wild when like you're in such a bad place and like, you know, this guy's like basically a fucking atheist that he's like, I could really use just whatever the fuck you guys say to feel good. Can I tap into that fucking what legions of angels? The fuck is this? But he's like, yes, I need it, I need everything I need. Just give me all your strength so I may win. Yeah, he's he's he's he's doing fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, is a UFC fight.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, that was a good walk on, just like enjoying a UFC fight. Uh seems kind of unphased yea. In so he seems unphased in the TikTok video. In his messaging to his supporters, Uh he is a political prisoner.
Speaker 3: Uh literally used his conviction.
Speaker 4: To make a shitload of money, with fundraising emails proclaiming him a quote political prisoner that went out just minutes after the verdict was read out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they had that shit ready to go.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine they fired off before the verdict was even read They're like, he's fucking cooked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but with your support at this moment in history, we will win back the White House and make America great again. But yeah, I even got some text messages from Trump, and I know they were from Trump because this is the text all caps from Trump.
Speaker 3: Colon. Hey, I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: Exclamation point new line. This is like kind of formatted as a haiku. Uh, all caps asking you, colon, will you vote for me again again? Answer colon? Answers in all caps Colon. Then I'll link off to Trump Mega dot VIP, which is cool. I'm glad to be a vi P repliestop topped out. So that was a nice offer. But hey, look, I know voted again. Who I voted for first of all, between me and my god, as I always say, I would have voted for Obama a third time. And the fun thing for Trump is you can vote for him a third time. Uh, probably a fourth and fifth, you know.
Speaker 1: At least ceremonially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, wow, the Trump Trump asking you answer?
Speaker 1: What is it I do what.
Speaker 4: I wonder if this one was drafted by him, because the formatting is so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like someone learned what like a call to action was or something, or it's like and then the ask is this, and then their answer is this.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Either way, this full fucking raised like almost fifty three million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what his campaign is reporting that he raised fifty two point eight million and twenty four hours after his conviction.
Speaker 3: And then you know, well, well no NFTs, I know, no NFTs yet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he didn't have time to cook up the not guilty NFTs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: You can get a little piece of his summons uh to court, like they'll cut it up into like tiny little pieces. So yeah, I was expecting a bunch of shitty merchandise to go along with the news. But you know, no political prisoner, fanny packs or justice is dead in America. Beer Couzzi's yet from them. Hillary Clinton did drop a mug on our ass that I'm sure we're all just in back order on it has the slogan. Turns out she was right about everything and just even putting aside how wildly smug. This is the mug twenty two dollars is just so looks like absolute shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's so cringey too, like the tea sipping meme of it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clip art from nineteen ninety five of Hillary Clinton sipping tea and then or it could.
Speaker 1: Be a bunch of dragon piss. We don't know what's in the cup.
Speaker 2: That's truely fair. To be fair, it's not labeled, So it's really up to you what you think. I was right about everything. Let me sip my dragon piss and be it. The interesting part is this, it's just like it's so.
Speaker 1: Off on so many levels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like aside from like Hillary, we get it, but like we don't need to hear, but we don't need to hear from you. We don't need to hear. Like it's it's not interesting. I don't know, like is this Maybe it's a Democratic fundraiser, but just like how off base the tea sipping shit was like twenty fourteen, Like the Kermit like especially the Kermit one, Like with the Liptin that was like peak twenty fourteen. We're ten years late in the meme game too. She got got our ass.
Speaker 1: Got our asses for the twenty two dollars.
Speaker 4: Fuck, that was my first thought when he got convicted, is Hillary told us you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly what was she?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess the success he got convicted of broad for cheating in the election.
Speaker 1: That lock him up. He's the guy that's bad.
Speaker 3: He's the one.
Speaker 2: That's what sucks. Though, too, is like this response is so bad for Millar Clinton. I'm like, I don't know, man, am I defending Trump?
Speaker 1: Now? Like just relaxed.
Speaker 3: It's like he's having a hell of a lot of fun. At that we knew he was.
Speaker 1: A piece of ship. Find a new angle, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We'll Speaking of finding a new angle, Eminem's has found a new angle with milk chocolate pumpkin pie.
Speaker 3: Uh what the fuck are they doing? Emina a flavor that is being dropped in June?
Speaker 1: Okay, I is this? Did they ever? This is basically pumpkin spice latte.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pumpkin yeah, basically pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, is I thought I thought we as a society agreed.
Speaker 2: That like August was as early as possible. Yeah, there's there's a fucking cease fire. We do not we do not fire our pumpkin spice weapons until August.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so for some reason, and I think it's just bad market research. Okay, So the company's press release stated, at Mars, we celebrate Halloween every day all yay long. Must be an annoying place to work every day.
Speaker 1: Someone's like wearing like zombie makeup.
Speaker 4: Like dude, really, but apparently their quote research indicates the gen Z and millennials plan to celebrate Halloween by dressing up and planning for the holiday about six point eight weeks beforehand, that which would put the start of the Halloween Halloween season on the July fourth weekend.
Speaker 1: Wait, how does that work?
Speaker 4: It's got to be like a self reported poll, you know where.
Speaker 2: There by dressing up and planning six point eight But it says, well six point eight weeks from Memorial Day is the fourth of July. Yea, what does that mean? Why is why is Memorial Day? What is that in relation to Halloween? Like all of this math is so bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the full quote, this research indicates that jen Z and millennials planning to celebrate Halloween by dressing up and planning for the holiday about six point eight weeks beforehand. Well, six point eight weeks from Memorial Day is the fourth of July, so you still have plenty of time to latch onto a pop culture trend and turn it into a creative costume.
Speaker 3: What I don't. It's like, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's so no a single person who starts celebrating Halloween or planning their Halloween costume in July. The only thing like I do have a personal reminder set to try and buy one of the skeletons in July, because that's the only time that they're like available and affordable is like on the home Depot website. I know people who like snag them in like July and August. So I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 2: This is I'm I'm actually really interested. I need more clarity on this quote? Is so confusing?
Speaker 1: Is that gang? Please help me? Has been a long weekend. I'm slightly sleep deprived.
Speaker 2: What is What does six point eight weeks from before Halloween? How does that relate to Memorial Day and fourth of July which is six point eight weeks from Memorial Day.
Speaker 4: The pre seasonal launch of the milk chocolate Pumpkin Pie on M and M's strategic move that tapped into Mars's market research. This research indicates the gen Z millennials plan to celebrate Halloween by dressing up and planning for the holiday about six point eight weeks beforehand.
Speaker 3: So is Memorial Day? Are they saying that's typically?
Speaker 4: Wait, Memorial Day is the one that already happened, right, Yeah, yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 3: That just happened.
Speaker 1: What is Memorial Day? Why is that?
Speaker 2: What is the relation between Halloween and Memorial Day? And this six point eight Like, is Food and Wine Magazine just so fucking like uncritical that they just repost whatever is like in this press release and they're like, yeah, yeah, they're fucking six point eight weeks?
Speaker 1: Man, to when to what what do we mean?
Speaker 3: What are I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is dressing I'm talking about who's dressing up six point eight weeks before Halloween?
Speaker 3: Not a real man, That's what I'm assed.
Speaker 1: What the yeah again, please Zeigang help me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm actually like it's upsetting that I don't understand what this even means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like we've lost the threat of reality. Just either we have or the world has.
Speaker 1: Halfway to Halloween.
Speaker 2: Mars announces twenty twenty four Halloween lineup okay, and releases their inaugural Tricks and Trends report It's Halloween all year long. Uh, this is so fucking I'm like so upset that I don't understand what this six.
Speaker 1: Point eight weeks fucking shit means. I think also because no one is participating.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm old, I'm an elder millennial, so maybe I'm not up on this. Like six point eight weeks ahead of time, shit weeks after.
Speaker 1: So fucking stupid. I can't handle it. I can't handle this shit? Is that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Then there's another one says they celebrate gen Z is Halloween heroes. The Marrestricks revealed that enthusiasm for Halloween is driving consumers to plan for Halloween earlier. They celebrate gen Z celebrates Halloween early and off in thirty thirty six percent say they plan to celebrate Halloween. Our plan for the holiday more than a month in advance, and some gen Zers already planning for Halloween now they're most likely to I don't even.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's our chime. That tells us that we've spent way too long on this. Yeah, we're move along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, saying that we may have we're having it's the fucking all the plastic in my balls, that's right.
Speaker 1: I can't even I don't even know how to read.
Speaker 4: Let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back and talk about more important food related stuff.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is this though?
Speaker 3: It's so weird that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Is there some kind of fucking typo or something?
Speaker 3: Do we think it was written by AI? Maybe?
Speaker 4: And like people, I feel like this is gonna start happening, where like there's just going to be.
Speaker 3: Press releases that get fully.
Speaker 4: Just swallowed into the news story that we're generated by AI and like don't make sense, but like nobody's paying enough attention to like even fucking notice.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm I can't.
Speaker 2: There's Memorial Day isn't even in the this actual report.
Speaker 1: I have no fucking clue what is going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, many many unbearable moments laid down. It's twenty weeks from Memorial Day.
Speaker 4: I think it's just a typo. It's foot the wine article.
Speaker 2: But it's a full sentence, well six it's as well six point eight weeks from Memorial Day as the fourth of July, so you still have plenty of time to latch onto a pop culture trend and turn it into a creative costume. Is a fourth of July? The fourth of July is on six point eight weeks from Halloween?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: What are they trying to fucking do to me? Right now? This is the fuck?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 4: It must be an AI thing. But yeah, because the typo doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 1: Three hourish they tell.
Speaker 3: Between July fourth and October thirty.
Speaker 1: First, it's seventeen weeks.
Speaker 3: Seventeen weeks, so.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that's gonna be it? Right? Are we missing? Are we fucking missing something?
Speaker 6: I think I think you missed quite a bit putting this story in the dot.
Speaker 2: I mean, now we're hooked, man, But now I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 4: Even the guy on the Eminem's pumpkin pie package, the little Eminem guy, he's an orient.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks startled.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask for this?
Speaker 3: What what? Don't blame me?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: We have to move on, no matter how much our listeners don't want us to. Uh. There is an online controversy happening over Chipotle, where so there's a very popular video on TikTok claiming that Chipotle portions have gotten smaller unless the employees are being filmed, which seems like a pretty paranoid way to buy a burrito, But.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'd be like, are you some kind of fucking libs of TikTok freak?
Speaker 1: What are you doing with your camera out in the Chipotle line?
Speaker 4: So they Chipotle felt the need to comment on this, claiming that there have been no changes in portion size, and then their CEO, Brian Nicole n I C c O L gave an interview stating that the Chipotle phone method is rude to our team members, which I agree that it is rude. But then he suggested that one of the great things about Chipotle is that you do want more toppings. You just and then he like makes a suggestive like smile, like sad nod, and then he's like a little more scoop. You're gonna get a little more scoop when you make like a little weird face at the employee. And the look he gives is like a disappointed stage parent. But yeah, it's like a weird like sad smile that feels like it's acutely designed to only work if you are the CEO of Chipotle trying to order it at chip Like, certainly they will respond to your look of grinning disappointment with a little extra I don't think everyone else speaks the subtle body language art of I can have you in your entire chain of command, like wiped out of error, entire rastructure if I need to, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you wanna you wanna know something pretty cool?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: I'm just, I'm just We're looking at a.
Speaker 2: Story where a once great restaurant where people were like, love it, love the Britables. They hook you up so good, Like the burritles are so delicious, the food quality is so great. Are now saying the quality is going and the shitter the portion sizes fucking suck. What the fuck is private equity going here? You know, couldn't be private equity? Did they get some investors? Do they get some investors?
Speaker 1: There's there's definitely there are there is investment from private equity into Chipotlet Wow, how about that?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I'm not not that one has to do with the other, because I think this is being seen across all fast food in general. I mean like there was a whole analysis where most people now in the United States see fast food isn't like a luxury because it's soberpriced. But the beef with Chipotle has been simmering, and I.
Speaker 4: I mean that is too pun to be Like even if it was one intentional part of your brain knew what it was doing there, and I salute it.
Speaker 2: But like people are always pissed, like what the fuck is up with your pull? Like that's the ship is not the same. It's like the portions are not as good.
Speaker 1: I think. I don't know. I mean, what are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be furious Miles, Yeah, yeah, Now, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's it's like he's just suggesting that you can just like creepily like nod at a worker, like I don't know, it's just such a weird like trying to be fun. But what if they like misread your body language and I think you're you know, you want a baggy of weed or a baggy of coke or something. You know, it's like giving people meaningful, weird little nods.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: That's so Also, so if that's the whole basis of your restaurant. What about the people who don't like to aren't necessarily that social and are willing to be like, ah, you know what I mean, Like I'm I'm not always trying to be like hey, come on man, Like sometimes I don't have the energy, Like sometimes I don't have the social battery to try and use skills of persuasion when I just want my fucking burrito bowl or whatever the fuck I'm going.
Speaker 1: To get that Chipotle.
Speaker 2: So the idea that it's like, yeah, man, you just got to fucking like nudge them too, and that's the norm.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want my burrito to be able to feed a family of four. Yeah, yeah, all right. Finally we got Alex Jones giving us a fake. I haven't spent a lot of time watching Alex Jones' live streams in my life, and I'm fucking up clearly.
Speaker 1: Got to say yeah.
Speaker 4: But he went viral over the weekend for seemingly breaking down crying during an episode of Info Wars, and it was popular, I think with different people for different reasons. Like some people are like we've got to come together to help him, and a lot of people were like loving it, but if you look at the full clip, it uh like the the thing that was getting shared. Most suggested that he was like Alex Shows breaks down because he has to like sell his ranch, but if you look at the whole clip, it's so weird. Like he tries to fake cry fails. His producer tells him to like I think people need to hear like a war cry and get angry, and he like depressingly, like sounds like he's depressed, and he's like, oh, it's all a big joke to you.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, this is just let's let the let's.
Speaker 2: Let the con man show us himself.
Speaker 3: When I know I lead to night, they're gonna shut us down. Maybe it's tomorrow the next day.
Speaker 2: I just want people to know I love you, I believe in you, I believe in him, I believe in my grandparents.
Speaker 3: Believe I just want to stop these people.
Speaker 1: And the spit came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's sitting a little bit.
Speaker 2: And it's like, not sorry, you're still gonna get this drunk driving arrest these people.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, hard fight. These people hate our children.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're getting lazy now, you're just doing the greatest hits people.
Speaker 1: Because we can't give up now, we have to keep going. We have to stay here. We have to let them be shot us down.
Speaker 2: We have these poor fuckers on either side of him.
Speaker 1: Jones, I think everybody needs a war cry, man, can you dude?
Speaker 2: This is so fucking just the way this production works. Hey man, I think Jones are gonna need a war cry bro. Yeah, because that like crocodile ship fucking made me really comfortable. Due was missed. That would even miss you're gonna get you wouldn't even get a Razzie for that ship. That's how bad that was.
Speaker 1: Jones, I think everybody needs a war cry. Man. Can you muster a war cry? It's a big joke. It's not really though. I mean it is, but it isn't. It's also I mean it is, and it isn't.
Speaker 3: Fine, it's my voice.
Speaker 1: It's gosh, transmission under attack.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: He can't even scream good anymore.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait for this, all right, let's go to let's go to one more speaker, let's go to myron w W stream. And then it's just there's just this awkward moment where the guy's like, all right, so we're gonna go to a caller.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess.
Speaker 2: That's wild that they're like, all right, we're gonna go to Myron, the one of the co hosts of that Fresh and Fish dumb Ass Man the Sphere show.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, is so, who's like, you used to work with a whole lad security. You guys seed them.
Speaker 2: We got deep platform because we were doing the most wild shit on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Why need you want to pay us now? They're so fucked? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Okay, well yeah, sorry, Alex. Really hate to see that, man, hate to see that. You're even you can't even create threats real enough in your own mind to actually cry.
Speaker 4: But so elsewhere in the episode, he admitted that he was crying, Uh, he wasn't really crying, and then also said, I'm trying to cry as a fake thing.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to cry a fake thing because that would be gay if I cried, sincerely, So it's a Joe.
Speaker 4: So turned out the FBI was not outside the studio just like waiting to burst through the doors as he feared, and he later claimed that he only believed his show was going to be shut down because he noticed one of his buildings guards looking.
Speaker 3: At me weird, Oh my god, which I mean, he.
Speaker 2: Just he he's just a fucking liar, you know what I mean. It doesn't even matter what he said, it was, he knew what he was doing. He's just like, I need to fucking get more people freaked out on my side to help me.
Speaker 1: So let me just do this fake crisis on It.
Speaker 4: Just looked so like paranoid and just I don't I don't think he's doing well, guys, And I'm worried about him, worried about Alex.
Speaker 1: Wish I cared, I wish, I wish.
Speaker 2: I wanted you to do well, Alex, but you're in a prison of your absolute own construction and made you enjoy every moment of it.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday. Junior third Miles, I think, I think that's like I'm gonna need a war cry take this out of here.
Speaker 2: If I don't ship myself so bad, but let me let me touch it.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's shit.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: We are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, M.