Speaker 1: Two point seven Kius, I've been Los Angeles. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us, Orange County, LA. If you're just visiting or you're just here for the first time, this is what we do. My name is Ryan Seacrest. I've got Sisty, I've got Tanya. I've got the back room.
Speaker 1: They're answering your calls. Hello, back room.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you, MICHAELA.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: Any news on Hinge for you?
Speaker 3: No? But I think I met somebody, and I think I went on a date yesterday, but I'm not one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: How do you not How do you not know if you want on a date? Are you unclear?
Speaker 3: So we like hung out. We met at a concert, then we hung out in a group together, and then he just asked if I wanted to go out to Geddy and we did.
Speaker 2: But Gatty is if you go to a museum, that's a yeah, okay, But I mean for sure he's trying to make an impression. Wow, yeah, it's a date. Imagine if it lasted seventy nine days.
Speaker 1: Or eighty days? How did you feel with this guy? Would you feel good about that?
Speaker 3: I like them, so yeah, I think so all right.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, I'm so with you, which brings me to this conversation. I'm very excited to have it because everybody's got a little different point of view on this. So you meet someone on Hinge like Tanya did her soon to be hopefully fiance Robbie, and they're going strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Connie and Matt, who are here now, Connie Lee, Matt Robertson. They meet on Hinge, they go out twice, and then Matt's like, let's go to Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: For a third date. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: And they get trapped there for seventy nine days on this third date because COVID sets in. Aside from the COVID part of it, I find it's so romantic. And they're joining us right now. You can see all this on Netflix. It's a documentary. But Connie and Matt, good morning, how are you guys? Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you so good? All right? Now?
Speaker 2: I have not seen all this, but I cannot wait. Isn'ting tanyet they've seen all of it? So tell me, Matt, what was what was your thinking in asking Connie after two nights out on a trip.
Speaker 4: The first couple of days were really good. I'll start by saying that. So I was already in a good place. I'm thinking, you know, this is off to a great start. But to be honest, it was kind of a joke. I didn't know if she was joking. I didn't know if I was joking. We both kind of talked about needing a vacation, maybe somewhere warm, whether it's not that good in New York that time of the year. And then I couldn't tell if she was backing down. So I asked her, Hey, send me a picture of your passport, and then she sent it. So I thought, Okay, this is really happening.
Speaker 1: Connie.
Speaker 2: Were you excited about the invitation? Are you just saying, like, you know what, let's go for it. I had a good time. I think he's a normal guy. Let's just try it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I was just trying to take your risk with it. I thought it was exciting. I was, you know, a little bit nervous, not really sure what to expect. But you know, this is one of the things he's kind of just don't think about it and do it and see what happens.
Speaker 2: And so, Matt, you've vlogged so you had your camera with you. You guys get the news that, oh my gosh, you can't get off the island, you cannot leave Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: What was your first reaction, Matt?
Speaker 4: At first, you know, I'm a generally optimistic person, so I wasn't freaking out. I was like, Okay, we're going to be in Paradise for a few extra days. Like for us, it's fine. Where we're drinking, we're hanging out.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 4: It's not a big deal. Only when we got later, you know, a series of cancelations and realized we had to like hunker down for weeks and then turn into months. Then I started to have a little bit of a panic attack.
Speaker 2: Now, Connie, did you would you guys fall for each other and then unfall for each other and then fall for each other, like.
Speaker 1: What was the seesaw of emotions?
Speaker 5: Like for you, it was a little bit of a battle of wills. We both didn't really want to show each other like vulnerability or showing that we were falling for each other. So it kind of just like built on top of that throughout the whole entire time. And then it wasn't until towards the end where we're just like love not deny it anymore, and yeah, the rest is history.
Speaker 2: And Matt, when did you fall in love with Connie in the seventy nine days?
Speaker 4: It was kind of like a cumulative effect that kept getting stronger and stronger, and then I would have a setback. I would try to like deny those feelings, like she said, or like push those aside, and like no, no, no, not like for a relationship, this is crazy, you know, And eventually it just kind of like wore down, and you know, we officially became a boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 1: And now your boyfriend girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I accidentally declared it in one of these types of interviews because I felt like we were I didn't even realize it, and then she called me out. She was like, oh, hey, boyfriend, So she made me ask her actually when we got back in Dallas, and then I officially.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm a lady.
Speaker 1: It's called the Third Date. You can see all this on Netflix.
Speaker 2: So I love it, Like I love the idea that if you think you like someone, let's go on a weekend. Let's go to the desert, Let's go to Vegas, let's go to Cabo, Let's just do it, like let's let's go for it. And I think it'd be so cool because Tanya is like, well, why would you want to be trapped with somebody for seven nine days you didn't know if you liked them? Well, I would not in mind somebody somewhere like that if I didn't think I liked them, and then to get to know them, and I have no pressures of like having to go to work and all the stuff that gets in the way of cultivating relationship.
Speaker 1: I find it to be so romantic. You too, You learn a.
Speaker 4: Lot like traveling with somebody.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I think test seventy nine days might be a little much for most people, even us. Maybe just the weekend that it was supposed to be would have been the perfect amount of time, but hey, everything happens.
Speaker 1: For a reason. But that's a true test.
Speaker 3: I think if you guys can get through that, you're gonna be able to get through anything.
Speaker 2: Well, don't break up, please, because like we're invested in all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, So let's make this.
Speaker 2: Work longest third Date. It's streaming on Netflix. Connie Lean Matt Robertson, thank you guys for coming on. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: Likewise, thanks so much congratsak care bye.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of romance we need. I love it.
Speaker 2: Stock on an island, like an island like Costa Rica where you.
Speaker 1: Can surf everything island is it? Oh no, it's not.
Speaker 3: Mean essentral likened paradise, I will give you.
Speaker 2: I just picture the beaches and everything looks like an island. But no, it's in between Panamon and you know.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that my third date with Michael was, uh, we went to Miami and it was it.
Speaker 1: Was a we flew to Miami d I think it was like the third date.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna watch this. I'm I'm in. I'm into a love story, all right. Coming up in a second. I got these Disneyland tickets for you next