Speaker 1: I love visiting the museum, don't.
Speaker 2: You, guys?
Speaker 3: Definitely, Lisa, I love seeing what new exhibits they have. Cowie, you haven't said anything for a while, aren't you excited?
Speaker 1: Well, it's just a bunch of old stuff, right, what's there to be excited about? Even the tour guide seems bored.
Speaker 4: Yes, and over here we have a chariot wheel thousands of years old from the ancient Roman Empire. It's said to have belonged to the chariot of Gaius Appalaias Diocles, and the rumor is that if you spin it, you feel like you're truly back in ancient Rome. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Like I said, boring, want to spin?
Speaker 5: What's the cheeriot wheel? Lisa?
Speaker 3: Yes, Billy, come on, Cowie, take my hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, what's happening.
Speaker 5: You've got to do hard?
Speaker 1: No, this is something else. What, guys, where does the museum go?
Speaker 3: Where are we and why is everyone wearing bed cheetes instead of clothes?
Speaker 6: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today we're examining ancient Rome one of the greatest civilizations of all time, and it looks like the Lingo kids gang are going to get a clue close look at what life was like.
Speaker 4: A long time ago.
Speaker 5: I think I think we've gone back in time.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you mean we've gone back in time?
Speaker 6: Well, Cowie, judging by our surroundings, I'd say this is ancient Rome.
Speaker 5: So exactly how far back have we gone?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'd say maybe a couple thousand years.
Speaker 5: A couple thousand.
Speaker 1: But does this mean we won't get the pizza lunch? Well, Cawie.
Speaker 6: In ancient Rome, pizza hadn't even been invented yet.
Speaker 5: No pizza, that's right.
Speaker 6: Ancient Romans normally had meals with grains, vegetables, eggs.
Speaker 5: And cheese.
Speaker 1: And what about dessert?
Speaker 5: Good question, Cowie.
Speaker 6: They did like sweet things, but it was usually fruits and honey that made the sweetness for their t Do you smell that?
Speaker 1: Mm, smells like something delicious?
Speaker 5: They look like little fruit tarts?
Speaker 4: Should we try so?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 5: My tarts are the greatest in all of Rome.
Speaker 3: Dum delicious spectacular.
Speaker 5: I can see you are new around here.
Speaker 1: Well that will be too Arius, Please, um, no gold on you huh, all right.
Speaker 5: Silverdonarreas will do. We don't have that either, Bronze quadrants.
Speaker 6: In ancient Rome, they didn't have money like we have today. Their cheapest money was bronze and the most expensive was gold.
Speaker 1: But don't have any of that, mister tartfinder, sir.
Speaker 5: No money. Huh.
Speaker 6: Well, how about you all help me make tarts for a while and we'll consider you all paid up.
Speaker 1: Sure can't try them while we make it.
Speaker 5: Of course, that's the best part. Wow, look at the lines. We must be doing something right.
Speaker 1: Well, we should probably be on our way now, see you layer, nice joke.
Speaker 6: Cowie, Billy says, that's the spirit.
Speaker 5: Cowie, excuse me, he that he's talking to you. Cowi me is man sculpt you.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for the emperor, but he had to cancel, and I don't want this great chunk of marble to go to waste. You're going to make that rock look like me.
Speaker 6: He's going to chisel it, Cowi. Ancient Romans had some of the best sculptors in the world. They can take stone marble and make it look exactly like you.
Speaker 1: But why me, your features are fascinating and this incredible purple toga.
Speaker 5: You must tell me who died it for you? My dress, my mom just bought it like this.
Speaker 6: In the old days, colors and clothing weren't so easy to find. People had to make their own dyes in order to have clothing a different color, and even then it was expensive.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice job.
Speaker 3: Wow, the buildings here are so amazing.
Speaker 6: Look at that one. That's the Colisseum, one of the most famous buildings in ancient Rome.
Speaker 5: Was that why?
Speaker 3: The chariot races of chariot races.
Speaker 6: Just like at the museum. They were races where people stood on wagons pulled by really fast horses.
Speaker 2: Yes, and one of the greatest chariot racers is racing today, mister sculptor, sir.
Speaker 3: Would this great racer happen to be guyas Apolis Diogolus?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: How did you know? You guys? I think I just figured out how to get back.
Speaker 3: To the museum, Thanks, mister sculptor, Sir, Elliott, where are we going? That's the guy who's will we spun to go back in time?
Speaker 5: If we spin it again, maybe we'll end up back at the museum.
Speaker 1: Wait, idea, Elliott.
Speaker 5: Look very it is.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: He's amazing.
Speaker 1: He's finishing the reason bull of his chariot.
Speaker 5: Over there. Now's our chance.
Speaker 1: But do we have to go back right away?
Speaker 3: Well, well, looks like someone's enjoying old things after all.
Speaker 5: Come on, Cowie, hold my hand and hang on.
Speaker 2: Tell you everyone, and over here we happened.
Speaker 3: We made it back, and it looks like no one even knew we were gone.
Speaker 4: Now, this particular sculpture has puzzled historians for thousands of years. It is the.
Speaker 5: Only one of its kind.
Speaker 4: It seems to be a sculpture of a cow wearing a dress. But I suppose we'll never know what the sculptor intended.
Speaker 1: I think I know.
Speaker 6: Well, that's it for this episode. Today we learned a lot about ancient Rome, but we also learned it's important not to judge things that we don't completely understand. Sometimes, if we study the past, we're able to be thankful for what we have in the present. Thanks for taking this journey back in time with us, Lingo Kids listeners. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 5: Hi, it's Elliott here. Did you hear Lingo Kids? Big news?
Speaker 3: The new season of the Growing Up podcast of Family is already live. This time Luis and his furry friend Maxie will join Emily to find out what it takes to be whatever you want. In this season, you can meet real comedians, scientists, kaguardists, firefighters, athletes.
Speaker 5: And others.
Speaker 3: Just search for little kids growing up dream and you can be