Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna be scrubbing and I'll teach you these finest tools on the our rules and how to make a surgery.
Speaker 4: That's right, your eyes rum so wide. That was off the cuff looking at me.
Speaker 2: Just then, Well, it's the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Gobble gobble cluck Yep.
Speaker 4: Monday after a holiday is tough.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Because like I really settled into doing Hiley and I spent like we haven't spent just cool, like that much time together with just us and so long.
Speaker 4: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: So do you know what I realized about myself? I had an epiphany. Okay, I can be super productive, girly, I could get five hundred things done in a day. I pride myself and how productive I can be inefficient? I can be Okay, if I have nowhere to go or nothing to get up for, I am completely worthless and I cannot get myself to do anything. It's very interesting and there's probably something psychological behind there. Maybe I just talked to my therapist about it. But like if I, like over the Thanksgiving break, I didn't have a lot of plans, so I could sleep in it, slept in, didn't make it to the gym, so I was like, well, that's done for the day.
Speaker 1: Then I would try correct.
Speaker 3: But if I on the weekend, if I don't get up and do it, it's gone. It's like not on. It's like I cannot go backwards. If I don't wake up with the purpose, the day is meaningless. Whoa pretty profound.
Speaker 4: Meaningless is a little old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, meaningless is a little harsh, but like, uh, if I don't wake up with a purpose, the day is not going to be uh productive right at all?
Speaker 2: It's interesting, Yeah, I think it's I would just like for everyone to know that. Every time Tanya has time off and a break, I get a text where she goes Becca and then I go what what And She's like, I have been so worthless because I have nothing to get up. I've been so unproductive. I'm like, great, that's your body probably needing rest. It's probably just like taking off, like your mental like your brain's taking off and your physical body is taking off. She's like, it's just crazy, But I'm saying every time she has a break, we have this discussion that we're having right now on the podcast where she needs a reason for why she like her body's resting. She can't handle that she's just resting. No, I always have to be I don't think you need to talk to your therapists about it.
Speaker 4: That is what I'm trying to say. I want to overthink it. I think you're just resting.
Speaker 3: Interesting though, No, as someone who is a professed professional restor's say, you're.
Speaker 1: Fine, you professional wrestlor, right, Yeah, like we played I don't know if you ever played the game Risk?
Speaker 4: Was that the thing that you were playing on the Yeah?
Speaker 3: The board? Yeah, it takes days.
Speaker 4: It's a you can't think of anything that I'd.
Speaker 3: Rather do less.
Speaker 4: I was like, I've never been so happy to not be a part of something.
Speaker 3: Weirdly, I think you would like it. I think if you played it, you get very into it because it's like a very intense game. But you can't play it all. It takes a long time and you can't just sit there all once because you get into fights, Like you get so worked up over it that you need to like take.
Speaker 2: I don't like games where I have to negotiate stuff or like talk like stuff out like that. Oh yeah, like I never liked Mafia. I don't like any of those games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that took us three days and that's pretty much all I did this break. So I thought i'd have to offer you.
Speaker 2: Your brain was probably needing rest from that having to prep for the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, very heated. And it's so funny because I was posting about it all weekend and people kept dming me saying, like my mom banned that game from our house ten years ago, and like my two uncles got into like a fight where they didn't speak for three months after that game. Like it like creates like a lot of tension.
Speaker 4: It's like politics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeh kind of kind of it. So anyways, that's that's a little bit about me. What about you?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we did so Thanksgiving on actual Thanksgiving Day. Haley's mom was out of town till that night, so we just did our own thing on Thanksgiving and it was so much fun.
Speaker 4: We woke up late, like we slept in, no stress.
Speaker 2: About sleeping in, happily slept in, made breakfast, went on a hike, went and saw a wicked again.
Speaker 4: Shopped afterwards.
Speaker 3: The stores are open on things Giving.
Speaker 2: Day at the Universal City Walk. They were sure, and then went home and had pizza for dinner. It was just so fun, like we had the and then we played games and watched the holiday.
Speaker 4: It was just perfect.
Speaker 2: And then on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, we celebrated with her family, so like cooked and ate all the Thanksgiving food and it was just so lovely.
Speaker 4: It was just such a fun weekend. I had the best time, truly. Yeah, how was yours?
Speaker 2: Because you y'all had your first Thanksgiving at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never gone to a restaurant on Thanksgiving Day and kind of liked it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, no clean, no setup, no ordering, no stress, just made a reservation and what time did you all dine in?
Speaker 3: They had a little champagne uh table how while you're waiting and chocolate covered strawberries that looked divine, And I said, you know, I'm gonna spoil my dinner, so I'm gonna have that when I come out.
Speaker 4: Guess what, they were gone.
Speaker 3: They were gone.
Speaker 4: So that's why you don't wait.
Speaker 3: That's a lesson in life. It looks good, Do it now? Do it now? But yeah, So we went to this restaurant and it was like a seafood place, and so they had like a Thanksgiving dish. But I was like, I'm not going to get like a turkey here. We're like on the water. So got myself some fish and had some martinis and.
Speaker 4: Just express gratitude.
Speaker 3: Express gratitude live great.
Speaker 4: Yeah so you're interested, Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, unfortunate day to get that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just a day of gratitude regardless. Yeah, your body's working out. It's supposed to.
Speaker 3: Say exactly exactly, you're right, you're right, you're right right. It's all about perspective, perspective.
Speaker 4: So would y'all do it again?
Speaker 3: Or are you like no, I'm already thinking about next year. I want to hosting. Yeah, but I want to make it really big and do like Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving.
Speaker 4: People are gonna be with their families, not on the same day.
Speaker 3: Oh you're gonna do both too, So like one weekend friends, next weekend family.
Speaker 2: You just love a challenge, love being busy, loves being busy.
Speaker 4: So and then y'all just played games and stead the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then so that wasn't sing to San Diego did that, and then we came back up and then we had the kids for the rest of the weekend and we just did literally just They love the game Risks, so we just played that, watched movies. I went saw Wicked, Yes, which we will get to. And I think that's really a meeting your new baby niece. Yeah, so cute and she's a really good baby.
Speaker 4: I love that, love that for them.
Speaker 3: I love that for them too, I know, but she's so cute, I know. And like watching Robbie hold her, I was like, oh, the ovaries do you be hurting?
Speaker 4: They be aching?
Speaker 3: But also because he's just so good with babies because he's.
Speaker 2: Had Erry he is, I know, but not everyone has the natural parental abilities.
Speaker 4: Correct that Robbie has a right. I agree. I think he is a rare breed breed.
Speaker 3: But like, like I am still scared of I've had Annissan and nephew have held babies. I'm still scared to pass them off. Yeah yeah, like the past, hold them all day long, put a little pillow under my arm and you got me for hours. But the pass off really stresses me out because of the neck and he just like goes on in there and he's like, before.
Speaker 1: I had kids, I didn't like to hold other people's babies because the upside is that's that'll feel nice for a few minutes, but the downside is unspeakable tragedy, so I don't want any part of it.
Speaker 3: The pass off is very so scary.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hold it wrong their neck. I I can't. I don't trust myself to do this properly. And as it's so as lovely as it would be, I'm not holding your kid interesting.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm like, I'm like, give me, I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: Now I'm good at it. Now, I'm old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're profresh, so you would just like you're not. You're not scared of the past.
Speaker 4: I have no fear of babies.
Speaker 3: The pass off is so scary.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just like, I'm just I've never felt more confident. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then she like did some like wiggle and he was like, oh the she did burp And I'm like, what they honestly?
Speaker 4: Truly, Mark, what did y'all do for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I had a terrible Thanksgiving, I did. Yeah, So I told you last week my parents were coming in, yeah, and our friends from oak Park were coming in and that was going to be the gang. Well, both of my parents got COVID, so they had to cancel and they couldn't come. And then Thanksgiving morning, I woke up with a stomach.
Speaker 4: Bug and virus.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it wasn't bad. Nothing ever came from it, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it came out, Oh it didn't.
Speaker 1: Streak is intact. I have not vomited since twenty eighteen. Sorry, two thousand and eight. Two thousand and eight the last time I vomited. So I got it. I got a nice streak going here and it's still intact and proud to say, but it was touch and go there for a little while. And so my wife was taking care of me and getting me the appropriate pills and stuff to help me feel better. And then she mentioned to our friends from Oak Park, Hey, Mark's and I feeling the greatest. So he's to stay in the bedroom and then we'll still we'll do our Thanksgiving dinner. We'll do it outside. You know, Everything's gonna be fine. They're like, yeah, we're not coming down, yes, yeah. So they stay canceled and we just so we literally took the whole foods Thanksgiving dinner, split it in two and tupperwares. They came and we gave them their half of the dinner and then they left. One of them they sent the representative And so then I was banished to the bedroom all day because we were going to Disneyland on Saturday. If I give the kids whatever, I'm fighting because at the time is it neurovirus, we don't know. I give it to one of the kids. We're not going to Disneyland this year. We go every year around this time. And so I was banished to the bedroom for the entire day. And that was my Thanksgiving was just watching TV.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what's crazy. I feel like this year I know more people that were sick on Thanksgiving than ever. And I'm talking like you were talking COVID. I had friends had neurovirus that flew like so many people were sick. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It was so sorry you were sick.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But I mean I made the best. But first of all, I watched Green baywin, which is always great. But also I watched I watched a bunch of Shrinking season two, which is phenomenal. I love that show. Bad Sisters is back, which who knew that was.
Speaker 3: Coming back too.
Speaker 4: It's on right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even know it was back, so I started that. I watched a great movie on Amazon Prime called My Old Ass.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: It is I think one of the best coming of age movies we've had in a very long.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I had heard about it, and then I was like, I don't I'm going to watch next. Oh I heard about that that might be good. Turned it on. I'm weeping. I love the whole thing. It's really really great and just the sweetest movie you can imagine. It doesn't match its title like it's gonna be a hilarious comedy. It's just so so sweet.
Speaker 4: I know part of me wonders if they had chosen different title.
Speaker 2: If it had, it would have. I think it did well, and I think especially coming to like.
Speaker 3: My Old Ass doesn't make me want to watch it.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's I'm here to tell you. Don't let the title for you because it is such a great movie.
Speaker 1: And the reason it's it's no spoilers. Little girl meets her future self. Yeah, that's the basic premise. Little Girl, an eighteen year old girl meets your thirty nine year old self. But yeah, it's funny and it's sweet and there's a love interest, and it's just it couldn't be a lovelier movie.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that? I love Bad. Sisters is one of my favorite series I've ever watched.
Speaker 1: The first season was awesome. I'm not deep enough in this season much of an opinion, but I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's four episodes out.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Sample they kind of play with it, they'll give you a few time, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Really I love that cast. I love the sister dynamic. It's so fun. It's funny, but it's serious. It's it's just I love it.
Speaker 3: Did either of you watch Disclaimer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, go again?
Speaker 1: What years?
Speaker 3: But it's like very it's like very, kind of like heavy, not so like I like to. I like to go to bed to something a little lighter. So we've been using Shit's Creek as our palate cleanser to like, Oh yeah, neither one of you watched It's Creek heavy. I've tried, they've tried.
Speaker 1: No, I've seen almost all of it. I don't think we got through the whole thing back.
Speaker 3: No, but you don't like it.
Speaker 4: I've tried.
Speaker 3: I like it, Okay, I'm telling you, watching it for the second time around, it is even more fantastic of a show than I ever thought it was. And I'm so happy that we ring Like we were just putting it on as like a let's make me laugh after disclaimer, like I need to go to bed on the laugh, And now we're like rewatching the series again and I'm so happy about it.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying it for round two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, though, like really enjoying it for round two.
Speaker 2: I mean as someone who watches literally does not change what I watch every night with just friends, that we just have it. It just goes season after season after season.
Speaker 4: I get it. Like I still laugh out loud at the I said to Hayley last night.
Speaker 2: I was we were watching and there were obviously background actors at the central perk. I was like, God, what I would give to just have been an extra on set of this show immortalized, Oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, so good.
Speaker 2: If you could be an extra on any show where it's there forever? What show would it be?
Speaker 3: My Friends or Sex and City toss up? Really a toss up.
Speaker 1: M this is a difficult question. Interesting, you would be needed to be on the Simpsons, like have a Simpsons care version of yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be a big deal, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: Simpsons never did it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, different every sock for every foot, right, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: And I watched The Father of the Bride for the first time, really just catching up on my you know, catching up on my stuff.
Speaker 4: You were very emotional about it.
Speaker 3: I had to take three motrin. I had hurt so bad from crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I saw it because so many people were like shot. It was the same reaction for you when you said you hadn't watch Pretty Woman. That's how I felt people felt about Father of the Bride for me. So I tried it one day. I just didn't.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just didn't like, I don't know, I wasn't something that I felt moved.
Speaker 3: By within I want to say, within maybe the first two minutes of the movie, I was crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but maybe because I'm saying I feel like the wedding day and the death, like you're just that's very you like, it really triggers your emotion.
Speaker 3: It was like less about because like for me in the movie, I didn't realize how beloved this movie was. But he's kind of like his daughter's getting married and moving out of the house. It's like all happening at once, where I feel like with my dad, it happened over a span of like a decade, so it's like not so like boom in his face, but like I was thinking about all those things that he was probably feeling when I like moved out of the house and like you know what I mean, m hm gradually. So then that made me sad because he never boke. Why is that to me?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, you're assuming that he was probably feeling what you're watching on.
Speaker 3: Correct correct, which I know he did. Yeah, yeah, he's so Steve Martin, You're done. Yeah, totally is Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just never really connect, like I never felt as impassioned by it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. It was just NonStop, NonStop, to the point where like one of the kids came over and like hugged me. He's like, are you okay? I was like, yes, I'm not sad. I'm just a lot of feeling emotion. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So did you watch too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna watch too.
Speaker 3: I'm not emotionally equipped to take on one more of those movies right now. Okay, it was a little too emotional for me. So I'm gonna give it a space and maybe in a couple of weeks I'll come back.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you for sharing. But you did go see Wicked.
Speaker 3: I did go see Wicked.
Speaker 4: And you have a lot of thoughts about Wicked.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: Oh, a lot of questions about Wicked.
Speaker 2: Well, that is something that we will get to after this break.
Speaker 4: All right, we're back.
Speaker 2: So the last time we were on this podcast, we were talking about Wicked. Tanya was like, I just don't know if I'm gonna like it. I haven't seen the play. I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: And it was just super hyped up.
Speaker 4: It was super hyped up.
Speaker 2: You were fearful that it wasn't going to live up to the hype for you because you weren't familiar with the story and the play.
Speaker 4: Correct, But you did go see it.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: And where should I start? Just from the beg wherever you want to start? What did you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How about a rating? What a scale of one to ten?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I would give it a ten. Wow, if they shaved off like twenty minutes of the movie, Oh my gosh, it was like just a hair too long.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, just a hair Okay.
Speaker 3: I was really in it. But then when they were only getting to Emerald City and I was like, I feel like I'm ready to stand up. Okay, So Mike, I would give it a ten if not for the length. So with the length, i'd give it in eight point seventy five.
Speaker 4: Okay, so pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yes, still pretty high, still pretty high? Yes? Yes, okay. Why did spoiler alert?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why did Glinda not go with Alphaba to defy gravity?
Speaker 1: Why did she stay back captured? Right?
Speaker 3: No, No, she didn't go with her.
Speaker 2: She had she didn't feel like she she didn't feel she was scared.
Speaker 4: She was scared to do something new and brave and no.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, and the song it becomes then you know, you and I defy and gravity. But then when they walk out under the balcony, that's when they're swarmed by guards and and she gets grabbed.
Speaker 4: Have gone? She chose not to go? She chose, yeah, she goes.
Speaker 2: I hope you're happy, like I hope you're happy now no. Well, but she goes, I hope you're happy choosing this. Yeah, and then Alpha is like you too, Like, I hope you're happy too not going with me?
Speaker 4: She doesn't because she was scared.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not the only one, apparently, just as quick Google, a lot of people have asked the question why.
Speaker 3: Didn't you to go with My first text out of Wicked was Tobecca saying I would have gone with you. I would not have let Becca fly off on that god forsaken broom alone into the wherever she was going.
Speaker 4: She was going to handle bizz.
Speaker 3: I would not have let you go.
Speaker 4: She is handling business.
Speaker 3: So that was my first question. My second question is why did they kill the Wicked Witch beginning to happen in part two? Oh my gosh, A whole year to find that out.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could go see the play.
Speaker 3: Oh, the play answers all these questions.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you get to see the whole thing in the play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, all right, okay, all right. And then I did get a spoiler alert of like all these people and that they could become certain things. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 5: I was very surprised at how obsessed I became like, I keep singing that loathing song on repeat and doing that dance everywhere I go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have been listening to the soundtrack on repeat, and it's I think this is the first thing that I have found that annoys Robbie interesting, Like He's like, are you just gonna listen to that song?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: I listened to music songs on repeat all the time, but for some reason, I think musicals just ain't it for him. And he was like, are you just going to listen to this Define Gravity in perpetuity now? And I was like, oh, am I gonna watch football in perpetuity now.
Speaker 4: I only have something at my.
Speaker 3: Disposal that annoys him, which feels good, feels like an accomplishment.
Speaker 2: I start every day with Define Gravity, and then Haley comes in while making breakfast, and then we have a deep discussion about why it's so good and powerful.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I keep looking in the mirror when I shower, when I get out of the shower, and I keep going, and I've been timing my showers with the song to come out to.
Speaker 2: That specific I see where he is stressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about a seven minute song, right, So I take a seven minute shower and that's when I get out and I look in the mirror.
Speaker 1: It's so good, nude and wet.
Speaker 3: Nude and wet in all my glory into the mirror. It's so powerful.
Speaker 2: Something about how she you saw it right, It's something about how she sings it though, like there's something in her voice that has this emotion to it that like captures it.
Speaker 3: So now I'm like deep in the lore and like I'm getting all the videos and stuff, and I think I saw Cynthia Arrivo's audition where she's like holding an action.
Speaker 4: My gods, which had.
Speaker 3: Me rolling on the floor. And then I think I saw Amanda Seifred's audition or she's saying something or whatever. So then I was imagining her as Glinda. Like I feel like I've been through such a journey the last three days of Wicked because I'm new to it.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, wow, dive too though, because I'm so impressed with that song, I had to know more about who wrote that song, and it's this guy, Stephen Schwartz, who's in a whole bunch of Broadway musicals and stuff. It's just brilliant, that song and the way it builds the way it's like, you know, it starts with like you know, I think I'll try like that, and then it builds another level like as you, and then it goes through so if you can't find me, and then there's another level. Then then the scream at the end. It's just like wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like one part in it where it talks about like teamwork and how the two what is it two of us will be unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Team and I was like, yes, I know, and then and then they're trying to take her and she's like, don't take her. It's me that you want to me, and then it's like it's me and then she was shot when she's in the sky and it zooms. Yeah, chill if you ever care to fund Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, whether they're that there is our wy Oh my god, it's so great. And so I had to look that up because and by the way, they say, that's why it's a two part movie, because nothing can go after defying.
Speaker 4: It had to end there.
Speaker 1: Because it's meant for a curtain drop and you got twenty minutes to go mill about the lobby and recollect yourself.
Speaker 3: Intermission.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't add you can't do anything any scene after that, You're not even gonna be paying attention.
Speaker 3: To My question is in the play, uh, is there's like another sorry the musical whatever take for tat? Is there another define gravity at the end of the play music.
Speaker 4: Another define gravity? Or another song.
Speaker 3: Another song that.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, what's it called for good?
Speaker 4: Because I knew you.
Speaker 1: I have been changed for my daughter and her friend Kieran sang that at graduation this year. Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Should it be my first dance?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think probably needs to tie.
Speaker 1: It's stunning.
Speaker 4: It really is just beautiful. Yeah, and I've seen it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I saw some people in the podcast say like, oh, I almost turned the episode off when they shou're talking about Wake and I don't care about it, And I said, you know what, that's okay because there are so many people who either haven't seen the musical or don't know anything about the musical and what until the movie and absolutely loved it.
Speaker 4: So don't don't knock it, so you try it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. I was one of them. I was a skeptic on the on Tuesday, and then Wednesday I was changed for good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was It's it's it's magical.
Speaker 4: I would go to see it again. Third time, I'd go, fourth time, fifth time.
Speaker 1: We're going to the Broadway show in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Thursday.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I needed a hair more. If I'm being honest, And that little wickedy wizard who knew he was evil? Well, dick, she.
Speaker 4: Goes, she goes, and who knew this about the Wizard?
Speaker 3: What a prick?
Speaker 4: I was like, Yeah, that is a spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: I was so shocked by that.
Speaker 2: We ended up watching The Wizard of Oz after Wicked. We came home and put it on kind of lackluster after Wicked.
Speaker 1: I believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care to watch The Wizard of Oz again.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to see, like if I with.
Speaker 3: That wizard being the wizard, little.
Speaker 1: Dick, Well, the whole thing is, don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain, like he wants to make him seem like he's a big deal, but he's not. He's just a guy. Yeah, he's just a guy, Just a guy.
Speaker 3: Ain't that the truth.
Speaker 2: There's this article speaking of just a guy saying that dating app users have relationships that are just as strong as in to meet in person, which I thought was such a funny thing because.
Speaker 3: Of course it's like you, there's still this stigma with dating apps, don't you feel No, really, no.
Speaker 2: I think dating in general, I think there's a I don't know if it's a stigma or just a reality that it's way harder now to meet someone of like someone that has long term goals and relationship plans as opposed to just hook up plans, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's kind of just succumbed to the fact that the dating app might be the best option.
Speaker 3: Well that was a negative tone. Why succumbed?
Speaker 4: No, because I think everyone.
Speaker 2: I think everyone tried to fight it for so long and be like I can't meet someone in dating app, and I think it's just the way of the world.
Speaker 4: Like I don't think it's it's the way.
Speaker 3: You know, it's Yeah, I don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Seen as like embarrassing to meet someone on a dating app. I feel like there used to be some like shame. I feel like it's there still. Yeah, I feel like there was like a little bit of like.
Speaker 3: I want to go on a dating app about gold.
Speaker 1: You were like that people want a story I was on.
Speaker 3: Every dating app.
Speaker 4: Taudia, you were so anti dating apps. I had to I was like, Tanya, this is are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Mark, any backup here?
Speaker 4: Hinge was your first You downloaded Hinge and then met Robbie.
Speaker 3: Yes, but before I was on Hinge, I was on Tinder, I was on You Were So and on Bumble. I was on all of that.
Speaker 4: Dating not want to meet your guy on dating apps. This is a whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think you wanted to meet cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I believe that. Yeah, I believe that.
Speaker 4: I think you were signed up for them, but I think you were very using them.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, except when you send your happy Saturdays out to your matches.
Speaker 4: I just didn't take you very far.
Speaker 2: But Matthew Perry, yeah did he ever respond though?
Speaker 4: Just a happy Saturday? And that was it?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Unmatched, Nope, just sad sagmentagment.
Speaker 1: You matched? So you tried a happy Saturday?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Nothing, nothing.
Speaker 4: She tried that a few times and it was uh. I don't know that she ever got her.
Speaker 3: You know who loves a happy Saturday.
Speaker 4: Robbie, who loves a happy Saturday?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's a happy Saturday himself. Oh I know. See just goes to show you a shoot for every foot.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be right back. There's a fun email, but first we're gonna take a break. All right, We are back and we have a fun little email from an anonymous Mark. You know.
Speaker 1: It is a fun little email, isn't it? And gosh, we appreciate you sending in those emails. How do they send us emails?
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh well, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead tell you tell them where they send an email to scrubbing in at iHeartMedia dot com, or they can dm us on Instagram at scrubbing in Pod.
Speaker 1: There you go here it is from anonymous, she says, Hi, Beck At, Tanya, Mark and Easton. My sister and I love listening to your podcast. Your dynamic is just too good and we laugh out loud every episode. Your friendship reminds me a lot of the one I have with my sister. My sister and I have always wanted to do a sister trip somewhere just us tube. We're having a heart time coming up with where to go and what to do. Becca and Tanya, if you were able to plan a weekend together just the two of you, what would you do? Where would you go love you all.
Speaker 2: Probably somewhere warm, because Tanya does not like being cold. I don't like and she lets me know that she doesn't like being cold the whole time she's cold.
Speaker 3: Although there's this AI generated video of like a glasshouse with snow outside of it. Have you seen that.
Speaker 4: I see all those AI generated videos.
Speaker 3: It looks so cozy, and I'm like, I want to be there. But then I'm like, I don't think I do.
Speaker 2: No like being in a place like that is so f I love being cozy somewhere. I just don't like getting out in the cold and having to get dressed and layer and then take it all off.
Speaker 1: I have to leave at some point. But there is nothing better than being in for me, Wisconsin and you're inside and you're having hot chocolate and you're cuddled up when you've got you know, the kids of their fun socks on and snowing outside. It's just it's just perfect.
Speaker 3: I know. I think that it's like this. It's the it's the it's the the I'm trying to think of a comparison. It's like the black and white cookie of vacations. Because there's a part of me that enjoys like skiing. Like I like the sport of skiing, but I don't like being cold and having to put all the layers of stuff, and like, did that make sense?
Speaker 1: I mean there were parts in there that kind of made sense. Wasn't cookie?
Speaker 4: But I love a black and white cookie the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I know, So it wasn't the best analogy.
Speaker 1: Do you eat one side first and then the other Saturday and you try to do as much?
Speaker 4: That's interesting, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I typically split it, but last night I actually have.
Speaker 4: Because because the cookie. So I there's.
Speaker 2: This chicken season wrap that is like the chicken seas wrap I've only had in my entire life.
Speaker 3: California Chicken Cafe.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, please no, it's called Giada's and they're cookie of the month for November was a.
Speaker 1: Black like that giadas fa TV chef.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but it's double g did you do it's not? Anyways, there's cookie that November was a black and white cookie, and so I ordered one yesterday, and well, I love a black and white cookie, so I was really excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I well, I don't know you're comparing it to I don't know why you were comparing.
Speaker 2: It to so anyways, I ate it side. I ate it like the dark chocolate and then the white chocolate. And then yesterday I got another one, and I was thinking or not yesterday the last day of November, so Saturday before I have I still have it home, and I was like, I'm gonna do combo on this one because I like the dark so little too tart, bitter, and then the white it's a little too sweet.
Speaker 4: So I think you got to go down the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's only so much you can do.
Speaker 4: No like one bite of each.
Speaker 3: Virgin.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of work. I think it just ate it.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, then that could probably happen.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's first.
Speaker 1: Bite right in the middle. I think that's a smart aim.
Speaker 4: Right, and then go from there. Anyways, where should they go for their tap?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We got very distracted by a.
Speaker 4: Complicated comparison.
Speaker 3: It's the Monday after Thanksgiving, Okay, I know, Okay, definitely, Well it depends on where they live. Anonymous Okay, well, if there were you two, where would you go?
Speaker 1: That's what she's asking.
Speaker 3: I feel like like Hawaii or Mexico.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say Cabo. Yeah, but you like Hawaii. I like Hawaii is my favorite. It's just a journey to get there.
Speaker 3: It is a journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I love I love Cabo. It's easy, it's so beautiful, it's fun. You can just go to pick a resort and just stay there the whole time.
Speaker 3: You don't have to leave, no leaving.
Speaker 1: And then what would you do? I think that's also key. What would you do?
Speaker 3: We'd lay by the pool, We'd swim in the ocean, We'd eat good dinners, maybe get a massage, spicy margs, walk on the beach.
Speaker 2: I also feel like Vegas is a fun option. There's a lot to do. You could go to a show there is it is fun.
Speaker 3: It is fun. But yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of places you can go eat, there's shows, there's a lot to do.
Speaker 4: So if you're more of like the doers, and you're not more of like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the doers, and get more done, try home Depot.
Speaker 2: Try home Depot. This is so helpful for I.
Speaker 4: Would say Austin's really cute. I think also New Nashville.
Speaker 3: Oh, New York. Becca a great suggestion.
Speaker 1: So cold.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I was gonna say, maybe.
Speaker 1: Not right now, Mark, if they win New York Christmas time is the greatest, don't get me wrong. If that can go anywhere this month, I'd probably go to New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's so Christmasy and it's che fun, cute dinners and like explore.
Speaker 2: So I would say go to Cabo if you want like beachy layout by the pool, spa, spicy marks, et cetera. If you're wanting we want things to do, I would do a fun sister trip to New York, go to a Broadway show, go to a really good restaurant, stay at a fun hotel and shop.
Speaker 3: Or we could throw another one in there and say Miami. I don't know, Miami, Oh my gosh, it's like the best of all the world, because you could like go on like a have a boat day, go to a yummy restaurant, do a little chill. But then you can also it's like Vegas. It's like Vegas meets Mexico in New York, not New York. Okay, all right, so there's your three options.
Speaker 2: I hope that the black and white cookie didn't deter you from continuing to listen to this podcast, and you got to hear the rest of our suggestion.
Speaker 3: Hey, I enjoyed hearing about your black and white cookie experience.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about your comparison. My experience was riveting.
Speaker 3: I still can't think of the right analogy for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't even help you because I don't even know what you were trying to say.
Speaker 3: Like, I like, I like the idea of being cozy and warm in like a cabin with like a fire and like a hot cocoa, and like you, but I don't like putting on the all the the materials and like having my face get raw from the cold, and like skiing down the thing and getting like sweaty.
Speaker 4: So you just want to be inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then I would feel remiss if I didn't enjoy my fun activity down the mountain, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, chronic foma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like going is I not getting on a ride?
Speaker 1: You know? Did y'all go to Disney We spend all day Saturday Disneyland. It was wonderful. It was great. Is jam packed, jam packed. In fact, on our way in, the security woman's muttered to another security woman, I have never seen this many people at this park, and I'm like I said to her, Oh, that seems like a bad sign. She goes, yeah, oh great, thank you. Here we go. But we had a blast, but an absolute blast. We used our lightning. You know, every time you go, it's a different situation for the fast pass. We did that. We got that all taken care of, and we planned it correctly and we had a wonderful time. And it's very nostalgic for us. We go every year right around now and so the kids go right back to being five years old again, even though they're eighteen and fifteen, and it's just really really sweet. It was a great day.
Speaker 4: Do you eat any of the food there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What did we?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know what we did? We ate a blue Bayou for the first time ever. We can never get in that place. That's the restaurant place. Yeah yeah, every year we go up high anything for four and there goes oh of Coursellion, Yeah yeah, yeah there he goes, oh yeah, can you wait fifteen minutes? Like yeah, like two minutes later right this way, And it was fantastic.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to eat there. What do they serve in those parts?
Speaker 1: They only have like four or five options chowder? What I had was a pesto pasta that was divine.
Speaker 4: That's what I had when I went pasa.
Speaker 1: My daughter had a fish I forget. It's like a New Orleans Vibe cajun. Really good.
Speaker 4: The light has turned off.
Speaker 1: That's how long you've been doing.
Speaker 3: She lost her that's pretty dark, not her internal light though, No, she didn't. She did. Actually, you know, it's a really fun selling mark. So I was like stressed the other day. I feel like with wedding planning, there's so many details that like you just keep thinking about the details, but nothing ever gets done, you know what I mean. You're like, oh, I have to do this and this and this and this, but you just don't do it because there's so many of them. So he's like creating some sort of legal sheet that they do in like their cases. It's called it's like a closing checklist or something like that, and so we're creating one for our wedding tonight.
Speaker 4: So they all get things done.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was like, this feels iantic. You gotta do it, how.
Speaker 4: You gotta do it? Weall Haley has a list. It's like a joke in our house because there's a list and it.
Speaker 2: Just has things that need to get done, but she just adds to listen, nothing lost up. And so one of them for some reason, uh, because I have this like disgusting pond that I've tried to get rid of, and the guy came and he was supposed to drain it, but he just fixed the pawd So now it's back to being disgusting. But it attracts animals because there's water in it, right, And so the phoebe went out the other night and chased a baby possum.
Speaker 4: I was like, I know, oh, there's a parent, mommy or daddy.
Speaker 3: Possum around somewhere mommy or daddy.
Speaker 2: So I went out and one tried to sneak up behind me and I freaked out. So Hailey was like, you need to call someone because I also there's raccoons that go around the pond too, and so uh she wrote on the thing puss some person because she meant to write possum person.
Speaker 3: I was like, puss some person.
Speaker 4: I was like, have you called the puss some person. She's like no, it's just on the list of things to do. And I'm like, they're not gonna do.
Speaker 2: Themselves just because you write it down. So We've been having a big conversation about that, and you.
Speaker 3: Guys should maybe call the closing checklist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe everyone write one of those up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you guys. I had a very embarrassing thing happening. Not embarrassing, but just I thought about it afterwards. Okay, So yesterday Haley and I walked to the Farmer's market and uh, we're in a store and then she recognizes this girl that she like wrote music with. So they're talking and she hangedr just is me to her husband and he's like this, like gorgeous guy. I'm like, wow, he's so cute. Haley's talking to the girl and the wife. They're married, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Talking to this guy. I'm like, oh, what do you do? And he's like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 3: An actor and I was famous.
Speaker 2: So we're talking and I was like, oh that's cool. I was like, uh, do you do more like TV shows or movies? And he's like, oh, I like both, you know, I they both have their things. I'm just trying to think of things to talk about because Haley's in a conversation and so I'm like, oh, yeah, well, you know, if you get into a TV show like you don't want to be locked in of like just being that character forever. And he's like, right, right, So then we leave. He was so nice and we leave and uh.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me who it is? Do we know who this person is?
Speaker 4: I think you'll know who he is? Okay?
Speaker 1: Should we get I don't know that I could. Really you think we'd be able to name that quickly.
Speaker 3: I don't think, Oh, you don't think we would know who he is?
Speaker 4: You will know who he is about.
Speaker 3: I think you'll guess who he will give us a hit.
Speaker 1: Then he's on a c W show.
Speaker 3: No, like old school c W were kind of like new school c W, like two thousand Ian Summer Holder, twelve Ian Summer Holder. No, Paul Wesley, No, No, I know.
Speaker 1: If it's somebody you wouldn't know if you read no.
Speaker 4: But Hailey was shocked that I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, for say.
Speaker 4: Year again, I think twenty twelve ish, hmm, and I think it's c W. I'm pretty sure W.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: So Haley goes, do you know who that is? And I was like no, And I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Please, I'll say it. She was He was the lead and teen Wolf Tyler Posey.
Speaker 1: We've had him on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And I was like, he's married, Yes he is. I would recognize this guy, but.
Speaker 2: You guys, he's also the kid in uh Made in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he's Stilo Son. It was not it was MTV the show gives c W give W.
Speaker 1: I watched the show.
Speaker 3: I know this guy, okay, So I would have asked for a photo. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He was so nice and he was really cute. But I was then mortified because I would be that demographic who would.
Speaker 4: For sure know him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, oh my gosh, I hope he didn't think. I hate when people do. They'll like, how do I know you? You look familiar, like to Haley, you know, instead of just being like I loved you in Lemonone meut whatever they recognize her from. Just know to people. It's just go up to people and say I loved you in blah blah blah. You don't need to do a whole like what do I know you from? And I fear that that's why he thought I was doing that. I was just acting and I'm like, yeah, what do.
Speaker 3: You like movies or TV? He's like I was teen wolf.
Speaker 4: He's like he was the main wolf.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like replaying the whole conversation. Anyways, so cute.
Speaker 1: That was actually good advice for people when you see somebody famous, that's the best thing, right. I saw you in this thing. You're fantastic.
Speaker 4: I love that show.
Speaker 1: I enjoy your work. This was a great thing you did.
Speaker 3: Did I ever tell you the Priyanka choke for story?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: What did you do? You look familiar?
Speaker 3: Oh no, not me. She was on the morning show that very day on air Ryan Seacrest, and they were telling her something. I think it was before I know, it's before we were even engaged, Robbie and I and they were like, oh, Tanya is going to be engaged soon. Can she have her engagement and at your restaurant whatever whatever, whatever. So I end up seeing her that night at this bar because there was a Jonas Brother's concert and they invite us to the after party. So go to Jonas Brother's concert, and then we go to the after party and I see Prianka and she's like, oh my gosh, is your boyfriend here? I want to meet him. So and I'm with Sophia and poo. So the and Sophia and her know each other from charity work that they've done in the past, so they're chit chatting. So then I go and I grab Robbie and I bring Robbie over. I'm like, this is my boyfriend, Robbie and he goes, oh, it's nice to meet you. Like, what's your name? Had no idea she was Rianka, and I was like, oh my gosh. I was like, babe, she's like this, like she's so famous, like she could not be more famous. And Sophia was dying laughing because she's like, it'sen. You didn't mean like, yeah, that's genuine.
Speaker 4: He was like, you genuine, like he really did not know who she was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like and Sofia was like, I feel like she it was like not refreshing in a way, but like it wasn't like he wasn't. I was like, oh my god, I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: That's how Hayley talked to me down because I just was like, god, I'm so I'm so aware of those, like I know, celebrities. That was just not a show that I watched. So but I was like, this guy's so cute. And then when she said he was made of Manhattan, the little boy, I like saw his face.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she was like you genuinely, I'm sure it came across that you didn't know. She was like, I'm sure he knows when people are playing the Like, what do I know?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean's Tyler Posey's not George Clooney, Like, I'm sure there's plenty of people the encounter isn't familiar with his work.
Speaker 3: Right right right within lickety split.
Speaker 1: Before we go, How do you guys feel about the end of the Era's tour happening this weekend? It's the end of an Era's tour.
Speaker 4: It is the end of the Era's tour.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think.
Speaker 4: I think she's probably got something else.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I imagine that's exciting.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like, what does she do, like musically beyond this, how do you get bigger than what she just did?
Speaker 4: She just needs to go rest.
Speaker 3: No, do you know what she should do? She should make her own theme.
Speaker 4: Park like Dollywood.
Speaker 1: Yes, I never can predict.
Speaker 3: For like Disneyland, Taylor Land, and every ride is a different song one of your best ideas.
Speaker 1: And every land is a different era.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, and then there's hotels that are attached of all the different Nineteen eighty nine is like fun and colorful. Tortured Poet's apartment is like black and white in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor could buy some land in the middle of nowhere, and.
Speaker 3: She's going to money to buy the land and build it up.
Speaker 4: WHOA, that would be so fun.
Speaker 3: That reached out to the tree, Tree, Tree pain.
Speaker 4: If you're listening, Tree, I've got some.
Speaker 3: More ideas where that came from.
Speaker 2: Well before she does that, I think she needs to just rest because even when I see her at the Chiefs Games, I'm like, girl, are you tired that.
Speaker 4: She's an impressive You.
Speaker 3: Know what Taylor Swift is not doing? Playing risk for three days, sleeping in, sleeping in, sleeping and playing risk exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's end of an eras and I can't wait to hear what the final surprise songs are, what she does.
Speaker 4: I'm so intrigued to hear what she does for the very last show. Do you think she will do?
Speaker 2: You think she will announce reputation before the aerostour is over?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would have thought, so, yes, I do.
Speaker 4: You think that that could be the end the surprise?
Speaker 3: That's how she ends it. Well, let's go and don't worry because at midnight we gotta.
Speaker 2: Just like Actually, I'm touring reputation Taylor's version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't wait to see what happens. It's December, end of the year. We're already at the end.
Speaker 3: Don't even know my word for twenty twenty five, and I'm so stressed.
Speaker 1: Got twenty nine day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna go by faster than you know it.
Speaker 4: It will, It certainly will.
Speaker 2: But you work on that and we'll be back Thursday with Jennifer Love Hewitt. So we will see you, talk to you, you'll hear us.
Speaker 3: Then just a few sleeps. We love you so much, love you bye, Continue cheers,