Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is me, Joey p Joe Pisa, Pio with me of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks. Fresh off a holiday weekend, I feel good. I feel refreshed at a whole day off. I worked seven days last week. It was a long week. A whole day of grilling and playing outside, little volleyball, little badminton, a little bachi, did some wings on the grill. Welsh, we did some terriso's on the grill. Some Moho chicken. That's that nice citrus chicken marinated. Put that on the grill. It was a beautiful day of grilling and chilling. And as you can tell, I'm very refreshed. I've already off put most of the people who are back at work today watching the show here on our twitch twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. You can go and join right now. We're here live Monday through Friday, every single weekday noon Eastern and you can watch us on demand of course on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Bros MLB. Well, the only downside to the weekend is I watched one of those videos, you know, where they turned the movies into little babies the characters, and now that's all my feed is. Literally any film or television thing in the last thirty years is on my feed. But they're all babies, and it's upsetting.
Speaker 2: The AI trends too, man, Like what did we have? We had the toys. Everyone's making everybody into toys, like they're just finding really great rhythms of stuff. I gotta tell you, though, the baby one's pretty great. Though, the baby ones, I don't know if I love the reenaction of you know, they're just putting in the audio of the movies. Then I do just the application. There's one where the baby is interviewing a dog and he's like, I have a serious question for you. He's like, what are you? I laugh with my teeth out like a big stupid idiot every time I see that one. But you know what, enjoy your baby.
Speaker 1: Like when they're serious movies, like a Few good Men was funny, like the good fellaveryone riot Yeah, yeah, but no, but seriously, like it's the ones that are already funny, like the water Boy, Like I don't want to see that one, Like that's not that funny, although if fat guy in a little coat from Tommy Boy did make it pretty that one was on there this morning. All right, let's get to baseball because there's so much of it. Because everything has happened in the last three days, I don't have many room home runs you got. I thought I was off to a rip roar and start with Judge on Friday night. Boy, I was like, all right, let's go. But I only got the one from him over the weekend, so that was misery. Let's talk about shoey Otani. He's pretty good. Two walks, a home run. That's back to back days with leadoff homers. So the Dodgers, despite losing two of three to the Mets, remounted yesterday they beat up Gavin Williams. More on that in a second Yamamoto two runs, three hit, six innings, seven strikeouts for Yamamoto, So the Dodgers back on track. Yamamoto. Should he be the front runner for Cy Young over Paul Skeens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I mean Skeens is he's shown some signs of reality and not being a superhuman pitcher. I think has been relatively superhuman. That's also good for the market too in the betting side, if there's if there are bets to be had. But yeah, I think Yamamoto is your current front leader. I think it's it should be pretty close between those guys. It's not like the A. I mean, maybe people think the al's more competitive. I don't know how you do after that. I can't believe we're not talking about the I don't even know if it's on here. The Terry Scuble outing over this week and thirteen strikeouts full game just absolutely ballistic. I mean, Treke Scruble is like the hands down cy Young AL candidate, the candidate of candidates. And I thought I might be getting back by the way I did that preseason bet of Garrett Croche to lead the league in strikeouts. There's top five or six guys or within six strikeouts. Scooble just jumps up. Al's locked in and now there's a lot more competition. But Yamamoto should be at the top, doesn't mean he'll be there in two months.
Speaker 1: Scooble actually is now at a plus one hundred after that start over the weekend, he was more like two and a half to eighty. Max Freed also four to one. Yeah, Freezy has been pretty good, and he pitches for the Yankees. Let's not forget he pitched for the Yankees. It's you know, everybody's got the media attention there, but Paul Skean's still at the top. Plus two forty on Moto plus two eighty, So it's a market worth watching, you know, elf, it is worth watching Welsh. Kevin Gosman through eight innings, limited the Rangers to just one run and a two to one win. Tommy Edmund, by the way, was resting you needs to get rested up. Hassan Kim was playing over Tommy Edmund. So last two starts for Kevin Gosmin pretty pretty good, I would say. If you look overall, the era is at three six eight over eleven starts, the whip is under one, sixty one strikeouts and sixty six innings. So, Welsh, what's been the key to the turnaround these last couple starts for Kevin Gosmin? Is it just simply spiight?
Speaker 2: It might be spid there, definitely if he's a if he's a piece of p a guy, that could be for sure. He's still inconsistent though, Like I think he's a good I think he looks really good. He's cut down the walk. So if you're like, what's the key, he's walking four point seven percent of batters. Last year it was over even seven and a half, to be a matter of fact, So I would say that's probably your biggest key. Also, looking the split finger has been ridiculous. He's underperforming against the fastball, or hitters are underperforming against him. They've got like a fifty point batting average boost that is expected. But I think also some of that is built in that Kevin Gosman is more than serviceable. But you know where he goes eight and gives up one two starts before he gives up six and goes five and two thirds. He's given up six in what is it two of his last six starts as well, But he's also had some gems in there. So Gosman is just like a I don't know if you need to ask yourself if you should start him. He's in that level of comfort, but at the same time he might blow you up a little bit with these But you know, three and a half a little over three and a half expected light Gosmin is a little bit better than advertised.
Speaker 1: Early on, Yes, I think maybe just you're right. It's not been perfect buying stretch of the means, but his last two starts especially very solid. If he could build on that, we could have a big second half or two thirds of the season were a third of the way done. We're through fifty games, so now we're really the Rubbers meet in the road. Let's get to Garza's question here. Joey, I know you're a big Sodo guy. I am, and Welsh's big Crochet guy. He is despite Mike Mayer's barbs twelve team dynasty. I made this move this weekend, trading Croschet and Taoscar for Sodo and Schwellenbach. What side would you prefer to be on, Garza, I'll tell you I want the Sodo side. I want the twenty six year old position player. Crochet is tremendous. Arm issues happen, injuries happen, multiple Tommy John's can happen. All kinds of things can happen. I'd rather take the young asset and Sodo. He's struggling in his first year as a met. Like I said, you know a million times, remember a couple of years ago, everybody was booing Lindor. Remember the thumbs down with him and Bajez, Remember that whole moment. Everybody hated Lindor. Now he's like the most beloved human being in that clubhouse. He's basically the default captain. They booed the hell out of Piazza, they hated bell Tran, and then you know, Piazza and Lindor learned to turn around. Beltre never did and they never you know, fell in love with him. Consequently, it'll be fine with Sodo, he gets it. What side do you want to be on? He got Schwellenbach too. I though it's a pretty good job getting him in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's this is an easy Soto and Schwellenbach for me, definite. I mean, like Sodo for Crochet, straight up, I'm going to side on the hitters one hundred percent, going to side on the hitter there. But also you're getting Schwellenbach thrown into there. Schwellenbach is absolutely underperformed this year. Probably one of my more disappointing takes was like the step that he was going to take, and you know, it was good early on twenty one, but he's dropped in K percentage twenty one percent less strikeouts than innings pitched. E's okay, is giving up just more barreled contact. He just doesn't look as a lad as he did last year. And by the way, that's with increased fastball velo, so he just hasn't had that stuff. All of that, to be said, an incredible dynasty pickups. So I think that's a rousing win that you're getting for both of those pieces, because I think they're both wins. Schwellenbach over Taoscar for sure, and Soto over Crochet.
Speaker 1: Yeah at the age, especially good job Garza going back to the Blue Jays for a moment. Jeff Hoffman got the save in that game. He's up to eleven, so I'm shocked that they went back to Hoffed again this weekend. I just did not think that was gonna happen. Also, see this is why we can't have nice things. Jacob Degram exited Monday. He allowed two runs, five and a third. He's having a finger issue, so obviously, okay, that's the issue. It doesn't seem like a serious one, seems like a blister. But still he was not himself and certainly not to himself that the previous start against the Yankees we saw, so that was a little bit of a bummer, but not a bummer. Jackson Curio leading off of the home run off Crochet. Hopefully he can get things going. Crochet did strike out eleven though, two runs and six and two thirds. Hayden bird Song, Let's talk about him because I think there's a lot to discuss. He may or may not be on the trade video coming up soon. Let's get to him. So far, twelve total innings, six earned runs in three starts since moving to the rotation. He went four and a third in a lost to the Tigers yesterday. When Kyle Harrison went in the rotation, I picked him up because I'm playing the long game here that I think Harrison is the one that sticks in, not bird Song. When Verlander comes back eventually from injury. That's the game I'm playing based on what Harrison was doing. A triple A. How do you see Harrison and bird Song? Who do you think is the guy that sticks in that rotation in the next couple weeks ahead, when I assume we get Verlander back from that peg injury.
Speaker 2: H that's interesting because they've got so many options too. I tend to lean that it's bird Song because they had already given him that opportunity early on they moved him from the bullpen into the starting role, and it took an extra injury for them to move Kyle Harrison in. Though Kyle Harrison is more highly touted, I just I think some of the stuff that bird Song is Like, bird Song's got a two and a half y alright, Like you're not going to take him out of there. Expected numbers are a little bit higher. He's giving up a little bit too much contact when you look at it hard hit he's getting hit up. But you know he's lowered the walk rate since he's been in as a starter. The k's look really good. I'm going to lean on bird Song here, but I do think if Kyle Harrison is right, he will be even more fantasy relevant.
Speaker 1: See. I think you know the other part of the bird Song equation too, is do you want Harrison and there as the lefty right like I think you want the other You know, you want to mix up that rotation a little bit more potentially, but we'll see, We'll see what happens. Speaking of mixing it up, how about Adrian Hauser. What happened here in the last two starts. Was there an Adrian Hauser revenge game narrative yesterday that somehow I missed against the Mets twelve consecutive scoreless innings since making his White Sox debut. Is he becoming a streamer Welsh after these two starts in deeper.
Speaker 2: Leagues fool me once? No, I don't think we've been ever fooled really by Adrian Hauser. I mean, I'll say, I'm looking here. It was curveball and changeup. It's actually pretty crazy. I'm not sure I've seen this before. Top two pitches used sinker and forcing fastball, different variations, zero whiffs whatsoever. He got his called strikes on them, and he got massive whiff rates on his curveball and change up eighty six percent whiff rate on his change up. He did not throw those secondaries in uh in the zone at all. To me, that's gonna be a guy that you're gonna have guys not offering out at that breaking stuff and they're gonna just be sitting fastball. Maybe you know he fixed something, but he's coming. I don't buy it. I don't buy into Adrianhauser. If there's like a really poor matchup guys with really bad plate discipline that's coming up, maybe I would stream him. I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: He's going against the Orioles next on Sunday, so I kind of look at that in the streaming and I'm like.
Speaker 2: That's some bad plate discipline.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm intrigued in deeper leagues as a streamer because if he has another good start, I think, ab up now, and he has another good start against the Orioles, then I think he becomes like a legitimate waiver wire option for.
Speaker 2: It's just you don't have run support. You're not gonna have any run support.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's a lot of teams that have, you know, decent pictures that don't have run support. Like you can kind of take that with a grain of salt. To do it against the Mets lineup is impressive to me, Like that was the one where I was like, Okay, the first one you throw away, second one against the Mets, all right, it's a pretty good start. And then if he has another good start against the oriole something to keep in mind, transaction time pluses and minus is actually you know both probably you know, depressing in some ways. Here. The Angel sent down Kyra in Paris so remember that week. That was awesome, That was that was fun. That was a good time. Just I am sorry. I just was never buying that he could change his strives that much. It was just a magical week. And that happens. Toughy Roads hit three home runs on opening Day. And if you're saying, who's Toughy Roads, exactly exactly. The point switch also sent down to Triple A. Please welcome to the stage of Triple A Syracuse for the New York Mets genesis. Cabrero. Ye, so at least Son, all right, let's get this rookie. Lookie, Logan Henderson gets into Triple A Nashville, and I get it. It's because they have Woodroff eventually coming back and Cantan eventually coming back. And they just felt like, well, let Logan stay on his five day pace and stuff like that. Whatever, don't drop him, hold him be smart. Deal. Hall came back for him. They wanted some extra bullpen help Chase the latter remember him welsh him for a second. Yeah, first, of course he did. You guys, hung out and played majong after the game. First home run of the season for him. Now he was dealing with an injury the first two months of the season of sports hernia, which sounds kind of unpleasant and painful. But the latter, once upon a time, was one of these guys that we were really excited about. He's had a ton of injuries that have set back his development. What do you do here in these, you know, KG deeper leagues. You want to stash the latter now because that Guardian's lineup needs help. I don't know if it's Kayfus, I don't know if it's the latter. I don't know if it's both. But they need help in the worst way, and they need it.
Speaker 2: Quick well, but I just don't know if he's going to be quick. So you know that he's been riddled with injuries. He is one of the worst injury prone minor leaguers out there. He just played like six or seven minor league games out here in Complex is where I saw him back up into Triple A. I love the power potential. I love the way he makes contact. He's got this short path of the bat that gets in. He can run. He just always gets hurt. To that end, though it might behoove the team to just get him up to the majors. And see what we can have, maybe get the major league training staff in there's something in a deep league. I do think he's worth looking at because of his injury prone noess, I'm not sure if I want to go and make some like big drastic move on him just because I could one hundred percent seeing him get re hurt in this. But I do think there's a possibility he could be up before Capus just because he was a cornfield, a ready guy. It's also going to be dependent on what is that they're looking for. But I do think you should start paying attention to de latter and if it's, you know, one of those big ones and you can stash, then he might be worth stashing.
Speaker 1: All right. The Marlins recalled Victor Masa Junior from Triple A. Any interest in.
Speaker 2: Him little bit probably minimal. I think of what the fantasy impact is going to be, I don't think it's going to be there what you guys want. There's some stolen based potential, there's some contact, a little bit of power. I would probably pass.
Speaker 1: The twenty seven year old John Rave. I want to like get his entrance should be all like glow sticks and fun things that would be aweso.
Speaker 2: Do you think are there still raves was more like a nineties thing for us.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was a late nineties, early two thousands thing. For sure. It was very strong in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: But do you think they're still Like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think everyone's too busy on their phones. You know. My daughters are that you know, teenage phase now, So they go to the school dances and instead of everyone just like being awkward or dancing with their friends or whatever, you know, now everyone's just videoing everyone else dancing, like all at the same time. So it's just so it's very weird. It's just a very weird vibe. Like you see all the all the you know, the phone's going at the same time with the lights, but it's just a weird interaction. It's like everyone's videoing themselves having a good time instead of actually having a good time, which I think it's hard.
Speaker 2: It would probably be like a nostalgic thing, you know, like how like, you know, twenty years ago they've been like, let's have a you know, a nineteen thirties you know, blah blah blah. They would just be like let's rave and let's have a throwback.
Speaker 1: It sounds like one of those reels, right. New York has got one of the best raves out there, but it's hard to find. If you go down three tunnels here, you're gonna find glow sticks and ecstasy. It's awesome. Blah blah. That's probably what it is. Now. We have a good time on camera here every day, but that's different. We're trained professionals. I worry about this generation.
Speaker 2: Yes, security trained.
Speaker 1: But anyway, let's talk about the worry for Bruce Bochie because he's pissed off, he's mad, and he's not gonna take it anymore. Because apparently Bob Nightingale put out. He must be a fan of the show. Because I've been saying this for months now that Kumar Rocker might be considered as a closer. No, doi, of course he should, because they have a need. He throws hard, he's a big, intimidating president, and he's only got about, I don't know, sixteen more innings left in his tank, probably all year, so why not convert him into a closer. But they got all up in arms and that happening right now. Blah blah blah, they didn't say never, just saying they didn't say never, which is very interesting. So you got to keep an eye on some of these younger players and how they can help your team, because the Rangers right now, you got to look at the standings and say, maybe if we had held on to a couple more games in the bullpen, we might be in first base on first base, first place in the American League West. Who's on a Frisbee Texas range. Yeah, I don't know, not us.
Speaker 2: I did think of you when I saw that, I immediately thought of you as the Kumar Rocker thing. But I don't know. I think they get up in arms about it because it's so not true. But I do think it's probably someone in the organization that's like, yeah, this has been talked about, but more of a long standing thing. I think Kumar Rocker could work in that. He get up his velo. He's got a devastating slider, He's got the makings of it. But the reason they probably get pissy about that is like, you don't want to throw a young pitcher that immediately because it can kind of change the whole scope very very I don't feel like that happens often. Edwin Diaz was someone that happened to with the Mariners where he was like a starter and then it was just instantly he was a closer at a.
Speaker 1: Young Mason Miller that hasn't worked out, but he was.
Speaker 2: But the transition happened like when he was in the minors, like from a starter to a reliever.
Speaker 1: It was always kind of rocker still in the miners because he's in rehabit because he's hurt. Yeah, what I'm just saying is like he's hurt already. Like that was the thing with Mason Miller too, is like health is an issue. Innings are an issue. We love the arm. Let's give him a clean night inning for a couple of days and see how that goes. And you know what. The rest is history.
Speaker 2: I don't think we'll see it. I don't think we'll see it though, even out of spite. I think they would like ad a spite, not give Bob Nightingale the satisfaction of being.
Speaker 1: Love the fight, Yeah, BD saying Stefan can tell us all about the race. Major League Baseball's hottest new club is called designated Hitter. This thing's got everything, Rob Manfred sweaters, It's got Triple A players, Genesis Cabrera, it's got walk off home runs, it's got.
Speaker 2: Everything you should do. The full sweater, the beige with the colored Stephan is one of my all time pay character.
Speaker 1: But that's Stephan character and the stories they tell about how so they would do rehearsal and then John Mulaney, who used to write that character. They would go in and John Mullaney would change all the cards and he would have all new things that he never saw before, with like little parentheses of how we should say stuff. If you know this story, that's why you get those reactions from him where the mouth covering started because he was laughing, and it just became a character thing because he knew he couldn't like keep it together because some of the things he saw coming up that he have to say, just amazing. You know what's coming up next? By the way, a little segment we like to call prospecting with the Welsh. That's right, everybody, it's time to look at the prospects we're down on the farm who we might be seeing sooner than later at the major league level. And of course it wouldn't be a prospecting show Welsh without Dun Dun Dune, Bubble Watch.
Speaker 2: Bubba Watch. We will continue watching forever. We will all be will be retiring before he comes there, Bubba Chandler. So we got to talk about it because well and like a twofold piece here, because there's also only so long that we can continue to do updates. But here's the here's the problem with the most recent update. His last start on the twenty fourth, Bubba was rattling off like six no hit innings and he finished. He did give up a couple in runs. He went six and one third two earned runs. Little walk heavy, and I think that's continuously been his problem. Five strikeouts, held batters to one seventy eight. He has held batters to under a two hundred batting average every single start the entire season. Why is he being held back? You can argue, you know, his ability to continuously throw strikes and not walk is really important. He did hit a batter in this one. I think we all know it is some type of manipulation of like a super two, because there was an opening and they brought up Brandon at Braxton Ashcraft and Ashcraft is an interesting prospect for sure. He kind of fell down the rings of like under Thomas Harrington, everything like that. But that was a that was a clear throw in our face that Bubba Chandler is not there and is not ready. Now, there could be timing issues or that they're manipulating. Is it because he is ready? You know, he has gone at least five and two of his last three.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's money, it is.
Speaker 2: It's a money situation. So the question everybody, is Bubba Chandler coming up? Yes, he is going to be up, but it is probably going to align perfectly to that Super two, which gets probably early ish June, early to mid June. I will say, there's a little bit of worry with me with the the walks. You know, he has had three or more walks in three of his last four starts, which I think is something they're going to watch, and I'm worried he's going to pull some Dylan ceases in the majors where he fights to get to five innings, but he could be striking out ten. He's the most prolific, you know, pitching prospect that we could get out there, and the top two guys of him in Roman Anthony they're there. We're just waiting for the team to push it and make it happen. Bubba Chandler watch is officially silly at this point. After those six no hit innings he was throwing. He's got to be up, and he will be up very very soon.
Speaker 1: Speaking of guys who could be up very soon, can we talk about Jack Kagleon for a second. Holy crap, this guy is absolutely on fire since getting called up to Triple A. He is hitting home runs everywhere. Well. She does not seem intimidated by the next level, and the only thing that's keeping him away also seems like a service time question, maybe just wanting to get some more at bats and exposure. Now. I understand one great week does not all of a sudden make for a call up, but if he continues to do this for the next two or three weeks, I don't see how the Royals keep him down, especially since they are so berept of offense. They're talking about a team in the bottom of the league and runs. How do they not take a look at cagle own sooner than later?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's some things like maybe in his game that they're still worried about, like the longevity of how you know he's going to be able to maintain and hit for contact and stuff like that, but he's making it look silly right now. He's had homers in four straight games. I think one of them was a multi hit homer game. He's done nothing but absolutely crush Triple A. He's hitting three forty six with five homers, a fourteen percent k percentage, which is ridiculous, and a nine hundred slug Even better, since we're now getting some data currently averaging ninety five miles per hour on everything hit, he's already put up essentially a one fourteen max ev hit and over sixty percent hard hit rate. Here's the other plus, he's playing in the outfield. They threw him out into the outfield already, so I think that tells us a sign of how quick the timeline is going. You know the thing we talked about a couple of weeks ago where it's like, hey, he could just be up. They could move him from Double A. We might kind of look at this like that. I don't know if he plays five more games at Triple A, if the team doesn't say, screw it, let's get him up. We don't need the John Raves of the world. We want caglioon to play a little bit of outfield. He can DH he can play first, you can kind of learn on the job, and let's get his bat there now, let's get it here yesterday. I still believe he is coming up pre All Star Break. Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if he's up before June.
Speaker 1: But he is.
Speaker 2: He's at a level right now. Where what else is it that you're looking for? It has to only be defensively because he's not striking out, he's making contact, he's hitting everything hard, and he's performing better than probably eighty percent of your major league roster right now. So Jack Caglion, we are, let's hyper hyper aggressive. The pickups before it was like, hey, let's speculate in June, and I should do it right now because no one else is going to let you hold on to him.
Speaker 1: Now you have to hoping this guy in my home league that I've been hold on to since the draft, and I'm just sticking with him right now. Just kind of looking at the roster percentage for Jack cagli on CBS currently, that's a pretty good spot because you have so many paid leagues. He's already fifty six percent rostered. So that's including all of the dynasty leagues and whatnot. So it's a guy that you better get on this trade now and stash room because at the very least he has trade value in a deal. If the Royals drag their feet like the Pirates like to do sometimes, now the White Sox they have very little incentive to drag their feet. Just bring up the kids and let them try. And Kyle Teal, who is the centerpiece of that Garrit Crochet deal, could be that next one. Let's talk about Kyle Teal, the young catcher for the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I would say the first biggest issue is Edgar Carrow. You know, they brought up Edgar Carroll. They didn't go to Kyle Teal. But Kyle TiAl has. You know, he put up a decent amount last year in tripa A. I think it was twenty eight games. He's forty three games in here. He's hitting two ninety three average went down, He's popped back up seven homers, four stolen bases. Something that I think this team can do if you want to start reving this up, is if you optioned Andrew Baugh and you also option Tim Elko I think you can set Teal or Carol probably Teal to first base, let him be a first baseman and a secondary catcher, and not that you need to push players. Again. You know, this is a team that's not a winning team, but this is also a guy that's I think outdone Triple A. Like, why do we need He's already what is this sixty one games into triple A. I'm not sure how much further you want to keep him down. So I think he could be a first base option. Kser a little bit up, but he walks. He's hitting for average. He's pushing a three four five slash right now, seven homers, four stolen bases. Kyle Teal is really interesting, and he has upticked his Triple A from year over year when he was with Boston to White Sox. He's hitting the ball on average three miles an hour harder. He's got a one to twelve MAXIV showing pure raw power, and he's got a forty three percent hard hit rate, which is pretty good. So I think we could be seeing him at first base here in the very near future.
Speaker 1: All Right, speaking of first basement, how about Jonathan Long of the Cubs having a really good year so far, one hundred and seventy two at bats at twenty twenty five, I have a Triple A level for the Cubbies in Iowa. Six homers, thirty seven rebis, two steals for good manager, hitting three fifty five with a nine to sixty one ops. Those are some fantastic numbers. So what's the path for Long to maybe break in here with the Cubs?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the path is the biggest issue that we're staring at. But he has been one of the most prolific minor league hitters so far, hitting three fifty five. I mean that's up near the top. I think he's in the top five, maybe top three of hits across Triple A right now. Those are the type of guys that are going to just get some type of look. You would also argue, like, how long do you keep him down? He's about fifty games into his Triple A career hitting three fifty five with a four hundred slug. I think Jonathan Long's path is kind of dicey with Bush and Matt Shaw. But if Matt Shaw were to struggle and they were to push back, like Bush going to third base, Jonathan Long could come up I The problem would be positionally, I'm just not one hundred percent sure where they'd be comfortable outside of first base. So he also could be a trade candidate. The thing to pay attention to with Jonathan Longo makes a ton of contact, has some good raw power AFL last year, and whether it's a trade asset or there's some type of injury, he's going to get a look here in the neary, very near future and he might be one of those guys that hits early Cubso they just got so many guys that can play first base and Moist's Ballacenos and him, and then you got you know, Michael Bush's in the infield in Matt Shop makes it really tough. But Jonathan long is going to get that treatment where we just doesn't serve him being down much longer.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's a trade tip to get some more pitching because the Cubies are gonna need it. Is not enough for that rotation. They need a lot more help if they're going to stay competitive in that central at the top of that division. So that's this week's version of prospecting in the Welsh Head over to fantasypros dot com for more Prospect news and analysis by the Welsh himself and of course make sure you follow us on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros m LB. Let's get to some more baseball Welsh. What was that that new stat that you were obsessed with Attack Angle, Attack Angle. That MLB's newest club is Attack Angle. It's got everything. Tomulas sorta making pasta sauce, Ozzie Canseco in short shorts, John olderude helmet Sundays. It's got everything. Would you go there?
Speaker 2: I would go there.
Speaker 1: I would totally go there. All right, God, I love Steffan all right. And speaking of you know, going to the club and going to those raves, you want to be at your best when you do all that stuff. You know, it's a long night at a party, and if something feels off for you and you don't want to be fatigued, and recovery, you know, takes longer in your performance. Isn't where it used to be in the nineties when you were going to raves. These might be signs of low testoster and a condition affecting about thirty percent of adult men in America and kaisa Trex is an FDA approved testosterone replacement therapy. Designed for men like you. It's not an injection, it's not a gel. It's a twice daily pill that fits you seamlessly into your active lifestyle, helping to restore your testosterone optimal levels. Know your t score and get tested now by visiting kaisatrex dot com slash testing kit. That's kyz atr ex dot com slash testing kit by prescription only. Kisa Trucks is a controlled substance that can be a target of abuse. Don't abuse it. That's mean, don't do that. Chistrex is not for use in pregnant women or men with prostate of breast cancer. Safety and efficacy in those younger than eighteen is not known. Tell your doctor about medical conditions and medications before beginning Kisa trucs. Serious side effects could include increased blood pressure, worsening prostate symptoms, increase risk of prostate cancer, blood clots and the legs are lungs, decreased perm count, liver problems in larger, painful breast breathing problems while you sleep. Common side effects include swelling of the ankle, speed, or body increase, red blood cell count, increase PSA levels. That's a prostate specific antigen level, and that's a PSA test used to detect prostate cancer. Report these symptoms to your doctor immediately call your doctor. To learn more about Kisa Tres. For questions or more information, visit Kisatrecks dot com or one eight three, three nine four nine five zero four zero. Let's get to the ups and the downs? Shall we? Welsh up Uno Suarez at a Homer yesterday in a five dozing win for the DBAX. Why at Langford drilled his tenth and Ryan Yarborough somehow continues to be really good. I'm kind of mad. I didn't pick him up just on principle that he was a Yankee pitcher. But I didn't see this coming at all. Six innings, seven strikeouts. I don't care if it's against the Angels, He's been good against everybody. How shocked are you that Yarborough has been so consistently good for the Yankees as a starter.
Speaker 2: I'm actually pretty surprised that definitely wasn't on my BINGO card that Ryan Yarborough, because Ryan Yarborough was like being, you know, a relegated like spots starter relief type of guy. But Era and expected i AI are the same twenty five percent k percentage. He's lowering his walks right now. He's giving up just absolutely no barreled contact, and he's doing it without throwing ninety miles an hour. His sinker averages eighty seven right now, which is just crazy. But yeah, I'm trying to look through sustainability. Seems weird, but I will tell you his changeup has taken a whole nother step. Last year he used it fifteen percent of the time two forty six average against with a twenty two percent whiff rate. This year, he's throwing at almost twenty two percent of the time eight batting average against and a forty six percent whiff rate forty six percent. So his changeup has completely no pun intended changed the game for him and maybe it's gonna make him be some type of viable starter. Another just oddity. He throws four pitches all the same amount of time, essentially twenty one point nine, twenty two point four, twenty two point four, twenty four point three. Those are all percentages used. That's weird. Usually see like you know, thirty five and like twenty four and bah, and it's just like four straight pitches. He throws all similarly, and it's getting a lot of whips right now, so maybe he has more sustainability. I still kind of don't buy it, but I did offer up on a couple different spots a show I did and some other things I've done that Ryan Arborough was someone I was looking at in poor matchups like against the Angels, and it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely as a reliever this year, fifteen innings a four ERA, a one point three whip as a starter, twenty innings, four starts, a two point twenty five ERA, nineteen strikeouts, five walks, a point eighty five whip. I mean that's crazy. There's crazy. Stats are on Yarborough. The downs. Gavin Williams again, inefficient all over the place, four and two thirds. He's disappointing. Lars Newbar over four struck out three times. Not quite the Sinko Stinko, but he got there close. He has just won for nineteen in his last five games in the month of May. He's slashing two oh nine, two sixty seven, three thirty. Is Newbar a bye for you or just a guy coming back down to earth?
Speaker 2: And he's coming back down to earth? I got I used to love Lars Newbar but you did. I just don't know where I buy it. I think this is more of a comeback down because I also I think it's more let me better phrase it. I'm just not into buying him. So maybe he's not even going to like come back down to earth some dramatic amount, but even if he pops back up, it's not someone I'm looking to buy. Also, sustainability of anybody that's not like Brendan Donovan on that team, you know, the was it win has struggled, Walker has been stinky, like I just or Ivan Herrera, I should say Ivan Herrera and Brendanovan monsters. Everybody else's little And so I'm I'm a little indifferent about Lars.
Speaker 1: I'm a little concerned that the Cardinals, you know, run this. They're a grinding team. They don't you know, do anything particularly well. They hang in games. I give him credit. The pitching's been above expectations, but I just I don't think they can hang eventually over time. Josh Smith over four by the way, he's five for his last forty two over the last couple of weeks, so not good for him. Injuries. Stop me if you heard this one before. Brandon Woodruff. He's gonna make a rehab start tomorrow in an affiliate to be determined.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you seriously.
Speaker 1: Shane Bieber, who Welsh actually saw recently, will begin his rehab assignment on Saturday. Cal Reagan's through a competitive ballpen yesterday and it felt good. That's great. I love when you're competing, you feel good. Jordan Westberg working his way back. He's on a rehab starting today. Michael King, who was placed on the aisle with the shoulder injury. Everybody was panicking, including me about this. Shildt said that we believe it's not anything overly serious, so we'll see. Shoulder inflamation is never good. We'll figure it out. Emmit Shehan strike out five or two perfect ennings on Monday in a rehab start rookie level ball. You know, Shehn was a guy we thought, you know, it could be an interesting piece, high strikeout rate a couple of years ago in the minor leagues. Then we had Tommy John last year working his way back this year. Do you see Emma Sheehan in the major leagues this year? I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think he'll be in the majors in some capacity. It might be a bullpen, it could be a spot start. I don't think. I don't know if he gets thrown into a rotation, but at this point you might be in the rotation because if you still don't snow, you don't have Glass. Now, you don't have Rokie Suzaki. You know they're going to give him a shot. His only thing that's working against him is that I think it's going to be a long road. You know, he did two innings here in complex ball. He'll probably do another one that's close to that. Then he'll move up and it's going to be like the end of June by the time he's ready. What will the timeline be for someone like Roki Sazaki and what will it be on Glass now? Could they be back or close? So if even though I said like we could see him in the majors, I don't know if it'll be Fantasy relevant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a hard time believing that. Maybe next year we'll see Louis Heel bullpen on Friday, Hussey Young Kim two for two of the stolen base on Monday. I expect to see him soon. Jazz Chisholm is supposed to be starting a rehab this week. Gary Perez is gonna make another minor league rehab start on Wednesday. He could join the rotation next week, apparently that's been said. Sean Manaia will throw to hitters and live VP Thursday. Richard Fitz apparently instead of making another start, our boy Dick Fits could just start for Boston today. I don't know if that happened, but if I always say the same thing, if the Dick Fits is ready, you just stick it in there to the rotation right away, don't you think. Yep, Corey Seeger is taking an on field batting practice on Monday, and that is all the injury news we have for today. This is why you watch the show kids, because it's serious. Take this very seriously. Here is he officially starting today? Do we get that?
Speaker 2: You know? I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you don't know, you should get an update on that. I'd like to see that. Maybe all his starts should be sponsored by see That's next level marketing. That's what I would be doing if I was running these companies. You know, you never forget it. Also, you never forget Our best bets of the day with Joey b and the Welsh let's start out strong here. Nate Evaldi is on the mound for the Texas Rangers, and my god, has he been great this season. Rangers have a few bats starting to hit, like Wyatt Langford. But this is all about taking advantage of Nate Ivaldi going against the Toronto Blue Jays and up and down order in and of itself. Also on the other side, Bowden Francis in this game. So give me Texas first five minus one twenty eight today. It's my favorite bet of the day. Also, let's talk about the Atlanta Braves just minus one into two one o two. Excuse me? Was Spencer Schreider on the mound?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I know it's against the Phillies and the Phillies are tough, and everyone's starting to like panic a little bit. I'm not. This is the Spencer Strider get right start. I believe he's facing Rangers. Is give me Strider over Suarez Acunia's back. He's hitting home runs all over the place. I love it. And then Tylr McGill, Tyler the Terrible who's been on a hot streak with strikeouts six and a half against the Triple A Chicago White Sox getting plus one thirty on that. I like that number, Welsh, where are you going for your best bets today? On a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I'm going to play a bunch of K props today. I'm going to start it off with Hunter Brown six and a half strikeouts minus one ten. Really like that number for one of the potential little regression. But you know, still as a cy young type guy, Taj Bradley, I'm getting big plus money. We played some plus money K props last week and that worked well. Plus one twenty at five and a half strikeouts, and then I'm not against you on you know, Strider being able to be successful, but I'm not going to play the case with him right now. I'm going to play under six and a half at minus one thirty five. He hasn't he has not been efficient, he hasn't been getting the strikeouts in the start, and he got hurt and then the next start. We have not seen that yet. Phillies maybe could be that. I'm not going to bank on it. I'm gonna bank on the Phillies holding that down. I think they're gonna get to him. A tiny bit doesn't mean Atlanta's not gonna win the game. But under six and a half strikeouts for Spencer Strider, so over over Brown and Bradley under on Strider.
Speaker 1: All right, I like that those are the best bets of the day. Make sure you head over to Fantasypros dot Com slash leading Off and on FanDuel new customers bet five bucks, get two hundred and fifty and bonus bets if you win. But that's only a Fantasypros dot Com Slash leading Off. And don't forget about the free trial Betting Pros Premium today. Use the promo code leading Off, download the app and use the best tools like the prop bet cheat sheet, the betting systems end more on Betting Pros. Okay, let's look at the home run board, shall we. I know it's a long show today. I'm sorry we didn't get to a lot of questions. Tomorrow, go hit us up on the YouTube. We're also gonna take mailbag questions tomorrow from our discord. But so much baseball because we haven't been here for three days. So homeer on board. I'm up to twelve over the weekend, not quite where I want to be. I was hoping to be making the board here, but Wankee Penguin drops to eighteen, the Welsh is at sixteen, Madi is at twenty tied with George far Out, and DJ at twenty one. So not as much moving as I thought there might be on the board. Again, the Sammy Sosa jersey up for grabs, and again if you want to go to our discord for the mailbag questions we're gonna start doing from there, or to make your home run calls, go to fantasypores dot com slash chat Welsh. I'll make this easy today. I'm going with Katel Marte, your boy who's been pretty hot lately for those Arizona Diamondbacks. At plus three fifty is that number? Lock it in. That's my home run call. Maybe I get two today from Kittel. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Where's your home Marte Parte, I don't mind that at all. It's definitely what he's been doing. He's been hitting.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a rave. That's a raven. Gotet when we.
Speaker 2: Had Starling mart Off everything, Yeah, that's what I had, had the Marte Parte shirts everywhere, Katel and Starling.
Speaker 1: It was a great time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Kyle Tucker, give me a Kyle Tucker bomb today. Trying to get up this board, trying to get onto this I mean, like I'm I don't know if I'm gonna make it. By the end of the week, I might be gone, guys, I might be off this list and I might never come back. I don't know. Home does have been few far. I got one from Pete Alonzo over the last four days, so I'm I'm grasping at straws here.
Speaker 1: Here you go. Well, I hope everybody enjoyed it. Welcome back everybody. We hope you're rested from the holiday week. Also, shout out to all of our men and women, our service members here. I hope you had a nice Memorial Day as well. That's what more they supposed to be about at the end of the day is remembering the service of those who came before us and currently keeping us safe. So shout out to all of our men and women in uniform. I know a lot of them watch and listen to the show too, So thank you on behalf of Welsh and our whole team and myself here over at Fantasy PROSU and we'll be back tomorrow. Tomorrow, We've got a lot of shows. We got the MLB live stream on Wednesday, four o'clock Eastern on our YouTube channel. Go subscribe, drop your comments below. You might win yourself a fun Jose Ramirez Jersey. Lots of cool things going on. We've only got a couple of days left of that one, so be a part of the channel. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB