Speaker 1: Same beat, but it's the last one. It's the last, so don't think that really.
Speaker 2: Boom, get it cat boom, cat a cat boom a cat boom, getta cat bike cat boom Cata catt pink gotta cat.
Speaker 3: It's pancakes and Maddie, you know we're looking good and we both we got fatties.
Speaker 1: All season long. Wait to see next song?
Speaker 2: Song boom, I almost say a thong. I know you're not seeing me.
Speaker 3: No one see me in that song.
Speaker 2: Whoa Okay? What is this is our last episode of season two?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: It's been so such a journey. It has been a long journey, a long summer journey of people just listening to you and I So next season, not just summer, the.
Speaker 3: Season we started. We've been doing this now like almost a year because we started starting. I started doing this last year during au so.
Speaker 2: I know that was and we used to have guests on and so maybe eventually we could get back to that too, but that's for another time because today.
Speaker 3: It's just us.
Speaker 4: It's just us, our last one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a long year.
Speaker 3: I know you went from being at the bottom to the top, then not at the top. Oh, from being from the bottom to the top and at the top, you know, right, I think I saw Maddy. I think Maddie joined the bench club at least like one time this season, and that was the first time seen her on the bench like ever. Like once it happened one game they put.
Speaker 2: Because we locked eyes. We locked eyes from the bench and then we had like a little rat battle or a little dance battle moment.
Speaker 3: Blowing the whistle for you to go back and Maddie go ahead.
Speaker 2: But long journey.
Speaker 3: Now you're switching teams and you've let left the h and gonna do life with your family.
Speaker 2: And also you yeah, you're leaving the a.
Speaker 3: New beginnings coming to the m New Beginnings.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. There's just so many things I'm going to miss about Houston, but so many things I love about lay. Like yesterday I got to go to like a thing in Hollywood with USA Network, which the people who work at USA Network that do all of the they're in cahoots with our team. They're amazing. They really really love love and just women's sports in general. So that was really cool to see. Yeah, but yeah, I'm excited. I'm excited for stuff that's going to happen here. What are you hoping in the next season.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited about, Yeah, to be healthy all the way through. Yeah, Yeah, I'm I just said this point, I feel like I'm not even I'm not training my body now for volleyball, like I'm training for life. That's what it feels like. And I just know that, like, through this experience, I'm gonna like learn and develop something so amazing for whatever is gonna have to prepare me for whatever in life. But yeah, season three, I'm like, I'm so excited about the expansion. I'm so excited about.
Speaker 1: The new teams and new players.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to have to see the teams kind of how they match up against each other. I love that we're oh, go ahead, probably can't say that yet. I'm gonna say maybe that we're starting earlier this season.
Speaker 2: We are a little bit, not too much.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, like for early. Yeah, we started January ninth through the past two years, and now we're starting to simmerporteen.
Speaker 2: I know that is kind of it's early. I'm just worried that the preseason won't be long enough.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's not a lot, It's a month and no, it's not a lot of time at all. Yeah, five six weeks. Yeah, but I mean I feel like as a professionals, we should be doing some work before that anyways, But I guess it's not. It's nothing like trying that connection with your team now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it takes time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also we won't have like the collegiate players coming in until we don't know who they are, but whoever's coming, like, they won't get there until after the collegiate season is done. Yeah, so that'll be they'll come right in and just sit right in, so you know, hopefully we'll see What.
Speaker 3: About you about your hopes first season? Are you already looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to ooh my hopes? I mean, I hope that we are a great team and that we beat everybody and that we win a lot. I'm just kidding. I hope that our team is just fun and that we enjoy it. I like everyone on my team, so I'm really not worried about that. But I don't know. I just hope it's a good experience. You know, it's a new team, like you, a new team in a new city, and so you feel like this responsibility to like make it something good.
Speaker 3: Especially with the experience it for two years, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, So playing already for two years, I'm like, Okay, we kind of know like what we need to do, and so then I feel this responsibility to be like, we need to get out in the community. We need to like make sure people want to come. We want to put on a good product. Obviously play high level volleyball, but I think there's now realizing there's so many other things that go into it, and so many people working behind the scenes, and it's just it's so much work. And so also I appreciate everybody who works in this league because you're doing so much.
Speaker 3: Even on the call I was on this morning and seeing getting to meet everybody who's behind the scenes, from like media to marketing to CEO at CFOs. Obviously, I also have the privilege to finally have a talking conversation with with one of our guys from our ownership group, Matt, who's great and super inspiring, very much in love with what's happening with love and wants this team to be the best of everything. He's lying into my next week, So we are going to meet in person next week, and business Lady, I know I'm like, I'm like, we need to be doing this that at that and he was like, yeah, you're right, Like I know, he's like, yap don all these things. We just hired our new president and she's been like the CFO cf CFO or CFA for F one, Formula one and another and another thing that he's help tulling me about. So yeah, I'm trying to see what what business ownership looks like what they're doing, as well as, like, like you said, being a part of a team for the last two years, you kind of know what goes into and what the players need and know what I mean far as like yeah, and strength and you know the floor we're practicing. We do know what we're playing now, which is great.
Speaker 2: So I'm just like, you're allowed to say. You're probably not allowed to say, are you Probably not. Let's keep it a secret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll keep it, keep put them on a low low. But yeah, I'm like, I want to be involved as much as I can for the player experience, you know what I mean. So he was like, when we want you that for that, we love that. So going to meet him next week. Fine, Yeah, I'm just super excited. And they have all the good things lining up for us and a lot of fun things. Like I said, we were talking about all this stuff that La is doing. He was like, I have the same stuff loding up for us with different sports groups and stuff, which is great. So I'm like yeah, and I'm like, and I want to go so I can talk to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I can help you with that.
Speaker 2: No, But when people like see you face to face and they have They're like, Okay, why do I need to invest in legue? But then you have a player in front of you who's like, this is all the reasons. This is like, we appreciate all that you're doing, this is why we play this and that, And then they can like come to the games and see it all in action and know someone on the team. Like if you go to a sporting event, it's way cooler when you know somebody who's playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like, just like get out there and like meet everybody I can is so beneficial and I enjoy doing it. And then like when I see people in the stands that i've I'm like, oh my god. Like last year when I was in Houston, there was a guy who was doing the fifty to fifty raffle at the Texans game and I was and he was like, what is this? Is this like a team? And I was like, yeah, like we're the new pro volleyball team blah blah blah, and he was like, how cool. And then like three weeks later, I was at a Rockets game because my friend had ticket whatever, and the same guy is doing the fifty to fifty raffle at the Rockets game and he was like, I went to one of y'all's games. I had the best time. Like, thank you so much for telling me about it. And I was like, see, that's great, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, just that's community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really cool actually, and I was like, oh, like us actually getting out there helps, So I don't know, I feel like it's important.
Speaker 3: And I feel like we're way better in person than we are over the phone or like on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: You really get the personality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the character of the vibe. You know. Well, obviously, since we're about to close this chapter, any any final words about season two, anything you want to describe for season two.
Speaker 2: For the season, well, I feel like serving pancakes has just been so amazing because I want to do it with you? Why do you start? I know, but like when when we started this, Okay, so I guess people don't really know like the reasoning behind why. Maybe we're how we got here. Yeah, So like Kat is doing an internship this season with the league, and you're working with broadcasts, so maybe one day you'll see Cat like on the broadcast. But last summer I was working with the marketing team and like this kind of idea was pitched to me to take over the podcast, and I said, I can do it, but I will not do it with anyone else other than Cat Bill.
Speaker 3: Well, I was already I was already on it before. But we like as great as I was, I was a co host, the greatest the main house was. She was amazing, but like you know, it's just the banter is definitely like different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so it was like kind of pseudo I guess pitched to both of us to like re take it over and like that's how we got here. And it's just been like fun getting to see like how it's progressed and like how maybe we've progressed. And I think at first it was super uncomfortable and we felt like really weird doing it, or I did. At least I was like, I'm not a podcast, But now I feel like, I hope people just feel like they're involved in like a FaceTime with us and get to hear fun stuff about our league. And I mean, typically we would have players other players in the league on, but I think we'll get back to that eventually. Hopefully season three we're back in action, which I think we will be, but exactly, no, it's been It's been really fun to get to do this with you. And I mean, you're one of my best friends, so like what else could I ask for it?
Speaker 3: I love you. It's been really cool. When they told me that you know, we're going to be doing this together, I was like, of course, that definitely just makes sense. And like I said, I agree with you. It's been great to kind of see our growth and our progress through this situation and through the six prints together and we said hopefully we be able to have not hopefully we will have next more players on to you know, interview, but I think it's also been great to build relationship between us and the fan base of like who we are as people, who we are as friends and be able to take them along this journey to like get to know us and experience our like wittiness and our yappiness. So it's been really yeah.
Speaker 2: So and also like you had a health scare and people got to be involved in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because no one really knew.
Speaker 3: They were like even I've got people like the message me after seeing our podcast. They were like, yeah, when we looked online far as like you know, the injury report just said that you were injured. Are you just out and didn't say like what was wrong? No one really knew, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So yeah, but yeah, people got.
Speaker 3: To live there.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden you came back to the finals and you were like this skinny and people were like, what was that? This health health scare?
Speaker 3: Actually I'm missing a few things now.
Speaker 2: Waste Yeah, locked in, But feeling a word to describe season two? What would you say?
Speaker 3: I would say season two? Describing season two would be you go first. I don't know, that's kind of a hard one.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I yeah, I don't know if I could describe it in a word. But like my I my feeling of season two, I don't know, like I look back on it right now already like nostalgically because I just felt like it was so great. Yeah, I think season two for me in the league, I enjoyed more than season one, and I think that was just because of our team and like the personnel and our staff. Everything just really like meshed well. And I'm gonna miss like that feeling of walking into practice every day a lot, because it was just like, Okay, I'm comfortable, I'm having fun every single day when I walk again, and I'm here to work and do my job and I know I'll be supported in the right way. And then coming to a new team, now you just kind of like don't know the vibe yet of what you're going to get. And I know it can get there, but yeah, I mean it's not like day one what I'm walking back into. So I already miss season two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say season two would be like I would say it was. I think season one was like taught me patience. I think season two, I would say, like was like a growth year for me too. I would say with dealing with things on off the court and just certain things. But I would definitely say growth. But I definitely like I'm going to miss, like obviously going to the gym and seeing familiar faces and like, you know, it was it was honestly really cool to play with girls that were you know, went to Texas and were older than me and younger than me. To play with like all the generations from UT that was awesome, you know what I mean. And you know, we kind of get a bad rep from like get all the Texas girls together and like Texas to Texas that, but like it's just something out that sisterhood, not even like the volleyball part of it, just like knowing that we've all been through it and playing together on the same team is really cool too. You know, I really did enjoy that. It was cool to like play with girls who I saw when I was at Texas who were in high school and I got to watch them play once I graduated, and being the same team with them, that was it's all right. And so I was like I was in high school, Julianne was at Texas, you know, so being on the same team with like all those generations of a UT alumni was cool.
Speaker 2: Episodes, Yeah, you get to like watch your like play with your hero that you watched or like your inspiration and then like these younger girls you were like their inspiration and out yeah, yeah, full circle and every really yeah, it is very unique. Your team was very unique in that sense.
Speaker 3: And I felt that too, Like I felt I felt like that inspiration like from me going up and spression of mind like going down, like was definitely like honored in a sense and as well as like definitely like appreciated and like said, you know it was no you know what I mean. I felt that like they appreciated me or like because of I was older than them and kind of walked the same walk there walk. So it's been great. But I think also with growth comes new beginnings and like I said, in the beginnings, see what's next?
Speaker 2: Aint know, how's Miami training you? You're back now, I'm back.
Speaker 3: I'm back in better last night if you didn't see me, Okay, that was really cute. It's like this mint like blue wish type of color.
Speaker 2: It was really cute. Good color on you, like exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: But yeah's Mimy's great a game back On Monday, I had one of my college teammates, Haley I can make, she came and visit me because she's a head coach at Kent State, Texas with you as well.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah, Team Fresh gear from Adidas is what you need. The Adidas Love Collection just dropped and you can shop it right now. Hoodies, tease jerseys, whatever you're into, They've got it. And I'm not exaggerating when I say the hoodies and cruise are ridiculously soft. You will not want to take them off, I promise. Check out the full Adidas Love Collection at Adidas dot com slash elus slash l O VB.
Speaker 1: Can we y'all know me y'a Haley?
Speaker 2: Can we interject?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We got it? Because Haley is also is also in the Hall of Fame at Texas. She is, yes, and then who's now also gonna be in the Hall of Famite Texas?
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 2: The only time I'll ever horns up.
Speaker 3: Is exactly Well, you did a lot for Houston, so whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was more like the h not like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Sole sprint them out? Good, Okay?
Speaker 2: We yeah, whoa, whoa how are you doing that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We say like too much horn for one hand, too much horn.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have people like get in the middle and then you have.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, well like this, yeah, yeah, cool.
Speaker 3: We say like baby horns, and we like baby horns like this, babys, that's that's the h though.
Speaker 2: You were secretly going, yeah, go Houston, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, hall of Fame, Haley, so Hilly.
Speaker 2: Did they tell you though? Hold on, we gotta we gotta talk about.
Speaker 3: This, Okay. They told me so the process of bas school, like they told me back in July. No, back in June. I got a call, I believe, and I was super surprised, super shocked and very much like overwhelmed, you know, like because that's a really big deal. It's a really big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think for me, it was like I couldn't believe that they would even honor me with such a title or such an opportunity to be in that in that position. And my Mom's like, cat like, okay, yeah, you're so humble, but give credit where it's at, you know what I mean. And I'm like, yeah, like I was there, Like I did have a great run when I was there and made a huge impact even once I left. You know, every when girls coming to commit to Texas, you know a lot of them wanted to come because I was there and you know what I learned there. But I mean it was great. So they called me. I was on the phone with you know, the athletic director for women's sports, the athletic director for all the sports, and they kind of like, you know, they were like, they're like, are you going to be in Austin, you know, this is this time in the fall, And I was like.
Speaker 1: Yes and no.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, I still lived there, but I just moved to Miami. And they were like, oh, well, hopefully you can be back here for the fall because wearing duct me to the Hall of Honor, which is like the Hall Ofwaen took a Hall of Fame in Texas, and I was like, I was like fish that was working out and I sat down. I was like shaking and then like I just started crying and I'm like, I was like, we cute. My boyfriend was like, what's going on? I was like, they do the Hall of Fame. He's like he was so happy for He was actually really happy for me, and like he was telling me everyone that was around us, they won't come and congratulate me. So it was really cool too.
Speaker 2: So it is so cool. It is such a big honor, so you're going back for it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's it's it's dude. Now. The ceremony September night, September eighteenth, so it's the weekend that Texas played you tsa free pomo for college football. So we'll do the ceremony that evening and the next day I'll get announce on the field at the football game. So I got to dang, we get like a sick ass like luxury suite. I could to go to my family and friends and stuff too, So it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be Wait, that's amazing. So then your boyfriend was the first person that you told.
Speaker 3: He was, and then I caught my momy.
Speaker 2: But how did Regina react? Also comments on every single one of my tiktoks, she's she loves to love her. I love her.
Speaker 3: I'm like she seem to me too, like you see that? Do you see this? I'm like, girl, stop bothering that girl.
Speaker 1: Stop calling her.
Speaker 3: And then she's also called on other people stuff, like there was one moody talking about church and your mom was like, amen, God only, I'm like want of those accounts. You're one of those accounts. She's so funny, she has nothing else, just given up.
Speaker 2: But she I'm sure she was so excited.
Speaker 3: For you, super happy. She was the one that told me like, you know, you need to get on that high horse and ride it because you deserve it. And and she was like, of course, like they that you that, you know what I mean? So I just know, like, you know, it's a really big honor. I didn't started to come as soon as it did, just because I wasn't sure like how the process was, you know. And when I went to support Haley last year because she said she got aducted as well, I saw the people that got inducted from like nineteen ninety three, so I was like, oh, I can always looking on it could happen for me, maybe fifty years down the road. But like that works, you know what I mean, Like that's fine, and I let it go, you know. I was like people will come, you know, And then it came a lot faster than I wanted to. So you see what happens when you just let go and like God and first for her, but yeah, being the babble player for my class, which is great. I think they normally just do one first four anyways, if they started doing two, that'd be great too, because there's so many of us. I think it's so deserving to be in the Hall of Honor, but really cool to be reposing volleyball this year. I'm gonna put on put on for the girls. You know, we say volleyball. So that dress gonna be is black tie, and that dress is gonna be tea.
Speaker 2: It's black tie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a nice little it's a nice event.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got Are you gonna wear burnt orange?
Speaker 3: A probably going like a burnt orange dress. I have a dress I've been looking at, but almost like like a swimsuit with like a silk bottom. So I'm not sure if I like it or not. Yeah, but I want to wear like a burnt orange or like a nice or nice color. You know, I wore yellow to support Haley last year and I was tea, So I think I want to kind of just stay around that re realm something bright, maybe that Miami loved Miami color. Whoever know, you never.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, baby, Okay, Well six minutes.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was great. The capacity that I was in while I was there was wonderful because I didn't actually drunk.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Play. I was sober the whole time. It didn't actually play. It was more just to tell everybody about love La, and love La like helped me like get together matching suits and like I got the girls together and so they've just been like.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, y'all if y'all didn't see any of that content. Maddie had girls from other teams wearing La swimsuits. I'm like, you know what, Hell yeah, Maddie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I even asked Kat to come out, but you were busy, but yeah, no, just my honorary members because Jess Marzak, Lauren Bersonno, they were only two from other teams, but I played with them at Houston and they wanted to like be involved but not have to play. So I was like, just come hang out with me for the day, but you have to wear love La stuff. And they were like okay, And I mean you get to come and see all of your friends and hang out and it's like this big volleyball reunion of everybody, you know. So I wanted to be able to be there and like feel a part of a team is like the way to do it. Yeah, And so we were disable like Friday morning, we met at like the local bar and then like handed out merchandise to everybody and like the little tattoos and whatever, and it was so fun. I had a really really fantastic time. So thank you love LA for sponsoring. But yeah, it is called the Charlie Saikley six Man and allegedly he is the godfather of beach Volleyball and covidye Manhattan Beach Open in the nineteen eighties. Holy moly.
Speaker 3: So yes, I've played in six man. This season would have been like my fourth time, but obviously due to health health reasons, I couldn't play.
Speaker 1: I really want to travel.
Speaker 3: I even like text my doctor to ask him, ask him I could go, and he told me now, So that's something like we do n't like to do in the off season. I've been playing. I've been playing in twenty nineteen. How long have you been playing six man? Manti?
Speaker 2: I think this was my seventh year of being at six man. I've played the last six Okay, so you've been there pretty much every year. Like then, there I was like the structure of like six man, like how are they putting on this? So there's I don't know how many teams they have, but like Friday is kind of the main day where everyone's in it, and then you have teams of four or five or sorry, pools of four or five, but it's six verse six on the sand. Everybody kind of has like a theme or like a sponsor or something like that, and then it's like fourteen pools top to make it out and make it to Saturday, and then it's just like a double lim tournament on Saturday, and then you have a winner at like the end of the day or like in the afternoon, but it's just all of your friends. The teams have like fifty people on them some of them. It's kind of crazy, and yeah, six on six normal. Actually it's side out rules and it's just kind of like a fun, free for all volleyball tournament.
Speaker 3: You didn't play at all while you were there this weekend.
Speaker 2: No, because you have to register, like if you're going.
Speaker 3: To have a true true true true true.
Speaker 2: So we were just there and then there was sorry, like a love La booth on the sand as well that was like selling merch and so we were just like down there kind of chatting with people about like our team, and we had our players there. We don't know where we're going to play yet, but like just kind of answering questions in the community and just getting involved in the community.
Speaker 3: You know, putn't getting the word out there spreading the word.
Speaker 2: We're just spreading our word at all of the bars.
Speaker 3: That's just a really cool thing too, just like you know, obviously, most love fans. They love all the love athletes they love enjoy like watching them play indoor and it's like, oh, you guys play outdoor too, Yeah, for fun, Like if you ever want to come out and watch a game and see someone of your favorite love players play together or gets each other out in the sand, that's a fun place to be too. I enjoy s l X men, it's so so much fun. I love to beware of the little cute team bikinis and all the sponsors place we get to do, like you say, get to see all your friends. The best part is the people, for sure love it, love it.
Speaker 2: The volleyball community in so Cal is very, very fun. And the people it's like the weekend before college starts, right, It's like the weekend before you have to report. And so like a lot of our friends too now who are like college coaches, they come for this and then they leave after and they go back and coach whatever because like they're all the coaches now because we're old. But yeah, it's kind of like the last hurrah before seasons really start to begin for some people. So it's always a good time.
Speaker 3: And you talked about like being in the community and spreading the word, Like what does it mean to you to be out there representing love such like a large expansion tournament and obviously being also one of the first like founding members and for the first Nargo season for love La, Like what's that mean for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels much more special and personal to me. So like while I'm out there like telling people about it, it's like I'm obviously very involved, so like I care about growing it. Like I said earlier, it just it I feel like I have more responsibility to like make this team work and to like let people know about it and interact with people. Then like if I were playing overseas, like I'm not going to go out of my way in the city and be like, hey, come to our games and like I want to make a relationship with you. But here just feels like I'm a part of this community and I want people to feel like they're a part of our team, and like when they come watch they know someone on the team or like they seem I've interacted with them. And if like I go to sign autographs after, I love seeing people in the stands that I know and I'm like, oh my gosh, thank you for coming, Like goodness, blah blah blah. So it feels more special being home and getting to play in my home city.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to say I admire you and I think you are a great addition obviously not only to the league, but to this team, and like they are so so fortunate to have you on their team, and you know, the passion that you bring on the court and obviously even more off the court is great. So thank you as a volleyball fan, as a volleyball player for living our sport and letting everybody know I do love. It means a lot and I can't wait just to see you know, even after we retire. You know, this is like this is like on our back that weights on our back and be able to carry this weight and let it lay down the floor, laid down the foundation and then see it growing the build as we progress out of the sport. It's gonna be really cool and a lot of that's gonna be heads off to you too, So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: And also you in Miami period.
Speaker 3: I about to be in a book. I'm just like you coming in really hot next week for sure. So obviously you know, season starting starting coming up in December. Normally we starting January, but we're starting up early with the expansion. We have so many teams, super super short time away thinking about it. It's like right around the corner.
Speaker 2: I know it'll be here before we know it. And let's see who from the Love family have I gotten to see most? Is one of these questions.
Speaker 3: Carly.
Speaker 2: I actually see Carly like at least twice a week. So Carly Lloyd and I play beach volleyball together in Hermosa pretty consistently. We're getting really good. We might even we might even play like a little tournament together.
Speaker 3: Oh fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one in Hermosa in a few weeks, so I need to talk to her. But I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Are you getting in I see her? At what you said, you're playing a tournament inside indoor with her? A you think about getting about getting reps with her indoor as well?
Speaker 2: No, I have been getting reps indoor, but I gotta get Carly in on that too. We've been doing like a lot on the beach, but we can't. I mean, she she has a little one, She's got a kid, so I should have your schedule. It is harder to work around. Yeah me, I'm just out here bopping from sand to court to court to sand and whatever. So we'll get her out there. Don't you worry? Are you? You're getting in the Miami mindset.
Speaker 3: Honestly, what I shouldn't have been doing was touching a ball. Literally a few days ago. I was standing up in the pool. I know that was so stupid, and my friend was tossing a ball to me, and I was setting to myself and setting back there. And you don't realize actually how much core you are using to do that also trying to keep up in the pool. I'm just I'm still sore. I wasn't sore at all. And then I thought I made a mistake and like did something really bad. So now I'm like kind of scared, but I'm fine. But to answer your question, yes, but now I'm like I should just like not do that even at all.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, you lay in bed and just set.
Speaker 3: I think you're still using your core. I think laying down.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know how to talk to.
Speaker 3: He's been very strict about like what they want me to do all he can do at this point. They want me to even doing physical therapy, like I can't work on like my helping floor muscles now that he's like just walking because I have something foreign in my body. So he's like, you really want your boy to like grasp the nature of what's in there, you know. So I'm like, all right, my bad. But like I said, I've been in my Miami mindset. I've been here. Now I'm just looking forward to I'm trying to I want to be able to just be like you when I grew up and get the community's mindset wrapped around my love Miami here coming up soon.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Really really excited, really excited. Speaking of our teams, any you want to talk season three predictions or what?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Okay, well first we need to say, did what you talked about last time about the conferences that we have the East and the West.
Speaker 3: Yes, a little bit, but we weren't really like throw all about who was.
Speaker 2: Where Okay, well, okay, in your Eastern Conference? Where do you what do you think? What are your thoughts? Okay, so are you gonna.
Speaker 1: Be all right?
Speaker 3: Just so you guys know, Eastern Conference is made up of five teams. We got Love Atlanta, Love Madison, obviously, Love Miami, Love Minnesota, and Love Nebraska. I think Love Atlanta is going to be really good. They're always I think it's always a really good team. Now that we have their coach and like, what are their star players on our team, I think that's just gonna be like a battle because it's gonna be you know what I mean, just like that, like just that normal competitive energy towards you know, playing against an old team and old teammates. They're definitely going to bring fire, just because especially since we have their coach and stuff. Obviously love Miami. We're full of foreigners on our team, which I'm so excited about. My friend she she watched our like video like FaceTime meda they posted yesterday, and she was like, there's only two Americans on a team, Like what else is? Oh my god, We're gonna have that competitive you know, foreign drive, which I love so much. I think just that's something you just can't teach. When it comes back to Spanish culture, I'm excited about that. Love Nebraska. Obviously they have the goat returning again.
Speaker 2: She's back, she's back. Said they held on to some people from last year too, So yeah, we've got some good, got some good.
Speaker 3: So if I had to say how things relying up, I'm pre s like this is just my predictions.
Speaker 1: I'm Miami at the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta see my team first. Obviously, I'm gonna see Miami at the top. I just think we have a lot of balance everywhere. And then I would say next is gonna be I would say Minnesota. Now, when you talk about love Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Minnesota to this is really hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is kind of hard, but let's just do anyways, Okay, I would say Miami number one. I'm gonna go number two. I'm gonna go I'm gonna go Love Minnesota. Think they can they together? I think. Then I would say Madison, Okay, Nebraska, then Atlanta. That's what I would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Okay, make sure we write that down so that like we can when we bet, when we make our bet, whoever's like closest to their for the Western conference. We have Love Austin, Houston, La, Salt Lake, and San Francisco. I gotta put us at the top. I'm gonna say Houston's gonna be good. San Francisco is gonna be good, Salt Lake's gonna be good. I'm gonna go La, San France, Cisco, Houston, Salt Lake, Austin.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: L A l A one, San Fran two, Houston three, Salt Lake, Austin.
Speaker 3: You're putting your You're putting your championship team at the bottom.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't have you anymore or Carly.
Speaker 3: Best of but they don't have they don't have the hype and they don't have what except but they don't have the hands.
Speaker 2: Well actually breeze good to Yeah, there's just they've just like changed up a lot, and I feel like I don't know how that's gonna.
Speaker 1: How that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But then like yeah for US US, Okay, San Fran you're gonna have Kelsey back Kara there. I don't know who they're AFO is. I can't remember. They have Serena.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh Serena's not in Minnesota, that's right.
Speaker 2: No, Serena's a San fran Salt Houston pretty much has majority of their team bank and then Salt Lake had some changes too, but they still have Alexa Pultzer, they have Logan. Now, yeah, I don't know this, who knows, honestly, this is just what.
Speaker 3: We're going with, what we off of our what we know from last year, the girls moving around and yeah, just kind of what we know for ore from our own volleyballs. So nothing against anybody, Okay, they they shouldn't take it personal and that they do. Take it up with me, take it up with Kat, not with me. Yeah, just come talk, just come talk to me. I'm friendly.
Speaker 2: We'll wrap now, we'll wrap it up. This is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start last clothes essentially. I know I can. I'll just call you later.
Speaker 2: It's fine, that's true, full FaceTime after week wrap.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, as we're wrapping up, this has been so great. Really this really Who would have thought like us meeting in Turkey is now like look at this now, y'all. Maddie is my matron of honor. Whenever I get married.
Speaker 2: She's matron. Does that mean I had a baby?
Speaker 3: No, means you're married?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Wait? Yes, girl, Wait what's the one when when.
Speaker 3: A matron's married maid of honors when it is not married?
Speaker 2: Okay, major, let me just double check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if that's not it, a matron is an.
Speaker 2: Older, married woman with a dignified, mature manner. Wait, hold on, hold on, okay, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my way of having to thank you. Yeah, so I'm gonna have to. I thought I had. I thought my mom said I had to disinguish distinguished between the two. She said that both of y'all weren't married, and it's different, she said, but because the honor. Haley, what did she get? But you guys are.
Speaker 2: Maybe Oh well, I don't know, but I'm just saying that she won't.
Speaker 3: She won't, Okay, I mean she I hope she will, but she's not seeing anyone sign in relationship.
Speaker 2: So just get married soon, said she we can still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I want both my I want you guys spoke to my bridesmaids make some honor. So okay, it was hard to choose. It was very hard to choose.
Speaker 2: I get it. But you don't have to choose yet, you're I.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, I just wanted to have to have an I'm trying to get an idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Anyways, this has been really great and I'm so blessed, so happy about our friendship and I'm so glad it's expanded to this, and that's playing for an amazing league and living our dream at home and.
Speaker 2: Living our dreams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, really cool.
Speaker 2: We are truly so blessed and so thankful to everybody who's listened to us. Just yep. We appreciate you guys a lot because we have no idea what we're doing, but we just like to talk to each other and talk about vliable. So thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 3: And we are also yeah, well we're also thank you to everyone from behind the scenes production, yes, the editing, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: We love y'all.
Speaker 3: Appreciate y'all and Noah Rich y'all been great with us this year. We appreciate y'all so so so much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then we can't wait to be back for season three.
Speaker 3: We'll be back. We'll be back, all right, and hopefully with some new some some some some some good stuff, you know what I mean, like some new some more you know, posting on Instagram, some clips, some teasers, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Really good crowd exactly. Yeah, really bring it to the podcast so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe some even some like live broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows schedule?
Speaker 2: All right, well actually next week. Yeah okay, I'm Maddie Rachel, I'm cat Bill and this is Serving Pancakes and we will catch you on the flips side.
Speaker 3: Oh last signing up. See you guys, thanks for watching Serving Pancakes. Don't forget to hit the subscribe and like button. You can also listen to podcasts on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your podcast. See you on the flip side.