Speaker 1: Hmmm where you celebrated the chip at at the palace.
Speaker 2: We stayed at the palace all night and leading to like about nine ten that next morning.
Speaker 3: Damn, we was drinking.
Speaker 2: I live like about less than a mile from the palace, so you know, the brothers who indulged in a droll ran in my crib real quick, boom bang, ran back up to the palace, and we was grubbing and drinking all night. I ain't take my uniform, mar All I did was cut my tape off and change my sneakers. I still have my tights, the same blood things on this jersey. Everything kept that on their.
Speaker 4: Headband, like y'all was in your house with your Detroit Piston uniforms, all smoking and then went back to the palace.
Speaker 5: I was I love it.
Speaker 4: One business deal that didn't come to fruition for you, Nike. You offered the Nike deal and today the estimated worth would have been five.
Speaker 6: Point two billion.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're doing fine, but talks us about that Nike situation though the reason why you changed.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot, Matt.
Speaker 6: He still gotta be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So here I am just winning the national championship against Larry Bird and three companies came in, so Converse, Adidas, and Nike. Nike was just a year or two old, and so Congress offered me the most money.
Speaker 3: So you know, when you grow, you take the money.
Speaker 7: So Phil Knight came in and said, hey, I can't offer you the same type of money, but I can offer you stop.
Speaker 3: Trying to hear that then.
Speaker 7: I wasn't trying to hear then, and I didn't know nothing about it.
Speaker 3: And my family didn't come for money.
Speaker 7: See that's one thing that hurt us sometimes when you don't come from money, you don't know what I didn't even know what stocks was at that time, right, so I passed on the stocks. Can you imagine forty five years, five billion dollars.
Speaker 8: The stock would have been worth today.
Speaker 4: But like jack the reason, yeah, this ma, you're the reason why we wore Converse though, because I got me a pair of magics too. But like no one would have touched Converse.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 9: From the So this is why mostly every day that I trained, like literally, I'm not exaggerating, I almost died every day because I wanted to quit. Chris Jackson wanted to stop at hour and a half to rest syndrome and saying, no, man, you got to play me now, and it's got to be just like this, perfect And no matter how tired you are, you got to fight through it. You can't take no rest. If there's a glitch in to move before you shoot it, it don't count. If all of the shots have to go net. Everything had to feel perfect those last ten shots of that. If I trained an hour and a half, I have ten shots to make out and I got to get them up. Everything had to feel perfect coming off my hand, to dribble, the planting of my feet, and if one thing was off, even if I made this shot, I couldn't go back and say if I'm at nine in a row and I hit ten and it skims the rim, I can't retake the shot and say ten. I have to start at zero. That may take me another hour and a half. Then I'm leaving the court. I'm dribbling as I'm leaving the court. If the ball don't feel right a few times, I back up, I'm underneath the goal again, I shoot it don't feel right.
Speaker 3: I got to do that.
Speaker 9: Same tin, same way two times. That's when I started. I got to improvise because if I don't I'm gonna kill myself. I had to take the ball and I had to throw it towards my house after I finished that way. When I finally got the ball and I was driven, I messed up. I back up, I'm not underneath the goal. I can make it home. And I had to come back and do that again before the day was over. So that was I don't know if I would have known that statistically we had a better chance of becoming.
Speaker 5: Doctors and lawyers basketball players.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I went through that, because literally I was every day man, I had to wake up and I was threatening, you know, death, and I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 4: Kenny briefly spoke to this when we had him your first impression when Shaq came to the crew and he brought his DJ set, his hook lounge.
Speaker 6: And all this kind of ship right on. He seen him shake his hand right off the bat.
Speaker 10: So so you know, we're in a room were got like so it's just like something like this.
Speaker 3: We have every game on and a bunch of networks.
Speaker 10: Shocks in another room smoking hookah. He loves hookah, loves it every day and he's in there smoking hooker that like and then he's practicing his DJ stuff. Apparently he's pretty good DJ is yeah, and like loud as hell, loud as hell. He's smoking hookah and we going like, yo, man, So it's crazy he's in that practice in this DJ thing. And finally they said, yo man, you can't smoke hookah in the building. He goes out in the parking lot and he's smoking hookah and he loves it. He loves it, and he just makes us laugh man, because he's got a pure hard but man, when he first came there, but the thing that was really funny. He come like the first night, he do some funny, second night he do some funny. Third night he do some funny, and then he says then he says like, hey, I need you guys. I need you guys. I want to try this next week. We're like, yo man. You know, were on TV like one hundred and some days. You can't try to do some shit every night and other so seriously, so we're like the joke around the studio became like, hey, we like five shows from Shack settinghimself on fire on TV because he was actually thinking like I've got to out doing.
Speaker 6: My mind every week.
Speaker 10: We're like, yo, man, we only four shows in. We got one hundred shows. And that's where he came up with a joke. You know, what do you think about show ten twelve? We're gonna set itself on fire? And that became the joke.
Speaker 11: I studied martial arts for a long time, okay, so you'd be getting boxed for a long time, and I'm a non violent jokester. But no one ever threw a punch at me. I remember I told one guy. I told Linzo, I said, swing at me. I said, I promise you you should swing at me. I said you should swing.
Speaker 3: You should swing.
Speaker 6: Reverse might get you thinking for my half something. Yeah, And I remember we just started messing with him.
Speaker 11: I said, Dennis thinks you're cute, and Dennis with you know, Dennis had asthma, so he you know, he's breathing funnier and he was like, what's wrong with y'all? Said he thinks you're cute?
Speaker 3: He now because I seen the video.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 13: Then Robin was standing straight behind him and he goes and Zoe comes out the game.
Speaker 11: He literally, you was sick, motherfucker, Like anyway to get He is like, I don't know, look at his calves got great calves. Look as calves. Calves are great? How'd you get calves like that? Lots of like y'all are sick.
Speaker 3: Give me one of one of your best college memories on off the court.
Speaker 14: Ah, oh man, you want to hear a funny one When I got rolled for a dime bag in my driveway.
Speaker 8: Yes, they pulled, the police were hate.
Speaker 14: It's so ironic because two years after the cannabis was legalized instead of Washington and I'd apologized, I got I got suspended.
Speaker 6: Was that right before the draft?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 14: Only time I ever made the National headlines driveway in my driveway.
Speaker 6: With the dime bag.
Speaker 3: A bitch plastic.
Speaker 14: Elastic and all the culture around where where they blood compartment.
Speaker 8: I was very sober driving.
Speaker 14: I'm not an idiot, you know, I'm not gonna be anee b ready behind the wheel like jeopardize my future.
Speaker 8: I come home.
Speaker 14: You know it's got a nice little sack on me. I'm like, okay, it's gonna be a decent now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: If I play rock band and just chill out, just get yeah and see these flashing lights, I'm like, no way, what's going right?
Speaker 3: When you're pulling up your.
Speaker 14: House literally right when I get my driveway, and I'd have.
Speaker 8: Been like, sure, up, it's could have good play some rock.
Speaker 14: Yeah, bro, it's crazy. And they're like, sir, you have broken tail light. We smell marijuana. Can you get out your car? Can you get out your car? I'm like, don't you a warrant for that? Like we can get one. I'm like whatever, man, just search the car. And I was of upset. They put me in cuffs, like I'm like for a.
Speaker 8: Bag of weed. I was in cuffs, like in the back of the car, the shady No.
Speaker 14: They take me down town.
Speaker 3: Do they know who you were?
Speaker 14: Of course it is a small city. Home is a city of thirty thousand people. They put me in the back. I'm just like, immediately it comes to my eyes.
Speaker 5: Like God, my parents can be so upset.
Speaker 8: They would be so disappointed.
Speaker 14: Man. Then uh they let me go. But I got a citation for it, and then uh man it hit the But that was.
Speaker 6: Before the draft.
Speaker 4: I remember they made a big deal about that, Like remember because the drafts are right on the ways.
Speaker 15: God didn't hurt any buddy.
Speaker 16: I just literally had a bag of weed, Like.
Speaker 13: I always tell the story about I didn't get I didn't get the rookie Hazen because because of him, they wanted all that kicking the ball in the stadium and go get donuts and nothing of that ship Camar was not going.
Speaker 3: And I was a rookie right there.
Speaker 6: So if he ain't got to do it, I ain't gotta do it. That kind of step your game.
Speaker 3: What said we.
Speaker 13: Ain't got to do that, y'all gonna take up that. I ain't gonna get no donuts, said, I ain't got to do it, y'all go take that.
Speaker 17: I just had the mentality man like, ain't no grown ain't no grown man gonna make me do nothing, but that just I can't listen. I wasn't nineteen came in. I wasn't eighteen when I got drafted. I was twenty two strong as an ox. Yeah it was three percent body fat, nigga. I was listen, dog, I'm not doing it. You ain't making me. If I want to buy doughnuts, but I'm gonna do it on my own tournament. If I want to help the manager with the bags, I'm gonna help them because I'm out of kindness of my fucking heart.
Speaker 15: Gonna make me no, not at all.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna who was on this team? Who was on this team?
Speaker 13: We was ready to squad though, y'all know a fight, Yeah, I know. I told a fight and a fight come with it, man, like I was dead ass serious.
Speaker 17: Well, who was on the team, Gill like we had riding Johnny Newman, Sherman, Douglas Lucious.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was the dudes on the like real vets.
Speaker 3: But I told the respected it.
Speaker 17: I ain't doing Listen, man, I ain't doing nothing. He like y'all ain't gonna make him neither right now, Like it was a situation. So the situation, I ain't gonna say that their name like it was shit way. The dude wanted some shoes that Jack had. Yeah, try to take my shoes when the shower he.
Speaker 15: Comes trying to like Jack, what's up with them shoes?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 15: Like, man, you can have he like sh I.
Speaker 17: Was gonna say, I was gonna take them, venting choice. It ain't he ain't even talking to me. I said, Man, you ain't taking ship from nobody here deep.
Speaker 3: Man, like you.
Speaker 15: Take him anywhere you go, eat your core by this. I was gonna take him anyway.
Speaker 13: Can't get my saying what man, you ain't gonna take ship?
Speaker 15: Ye, not from nobody, man, nobody going for that.
Speaker 3: Brother was like.
Speaker 13: It was it was kender Gill. He ain't got to it was killer Gil mother ass what time else I was? We both are from tech, so you know, I was starched down.
Speaker 4: Kmart was like the real big buff dog and he was a little dog.
Speaker 3: Running around talking ship with everybody.
Speaker 15: Ain't know what it was kind of like that. I was biting too.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: Hell yeah, but I let him going.
Speaker 13: He was a number one pick, so I couldn't talk at my words willing to have no weight, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: But once he said something, Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 17: Man, That's what I was doing because I could do that because the way I played the game, the way we played the game, like whatever whatever I had to do, or say, let's go out in this ninety four fifty man, yeah, let's get to it like no matter what being done and not doing none of that whatever, then let's go hoop man.
Speaker 13: And we had the coolest training. So he was really with us too, you know what I'm saying. It was really with us too. Absolutely, So it.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, tried man. That was my first year.
Speaker 15: I'm badly making the league.
Speaker 13: I just can't come overseas, going through all this ship, trying to get here and not get in this mother, trying to DeBow my shoes.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe that. I couldn't believe that ship. Where are we?
Speaker 18: It was, you know, one of the greatest friendships I've ever had in the business.
Speaker 3: Laughing on that. Oh my god, Oh my god, I don't imagine. I'm gonna tell you the story. I've never told that.
Speaker 16: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it so please.
Speaker 3: Martin was.
Speaker 18: Newly married, so he was like, He's like, well, you know, in Miami it was like I'm not I'm not doing nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing nothing.
Speaker 18: So this is for the first first one, the first one newly married. He was like, dude, I just don't It's like I was like, mock in Miami, you got it. He was like no, no, no, I was like, dude, it's like we gotta go. It's like for the culture. They know, like we're the bad boys, like they know it's.
Speaker 19: Like life, yes, like come on, man, right.
Speaker 18: So Prince had a club called Glam Slam Glamsam Lam Slam. Prince had a club in Miami, right, yeah, so you can imagine what a Prince club was like.
Speaker 4: So it were everywhere everything say you gotta have nice hair to get in.
Speaker 3: I wish you.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, blessed, see what I can do.
Speaker 18: So Martin I was like, Martin, come on, Prince got this is he? Come on, Martin, come on. He was like all right, So we go and Martin is literally sitting there with his and he's sitting there and it's this is wild, like I've never seen nothing like this club.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 18: So we're sitting there and there's a there's a balcony that looks over onto the dance floor.
Speaker 3: So we're up in the balcony. P I.
Speaker 18: P was sitting there, Martin sitting and there's like.
Speaker 3: Like, girls like you just can't you know you've been in Miami, right.
Speaker 18: So the girl walks up and stands in front of Martin and she's sanding there and she's dancing in front of Martin and he's like come on, and she lifts her skirt up and she has nothing on under and she's asking Martin to think she wants to have sex in the club.
Speaker 3: And I look at Martin.
Speaker 8: He's like this, why don't.
Speaker 6: Nowhere right off?
Speaker 8: He was right out the door.
Speaker 3: He is like, right out of there. Should have baby would have hit me.
Speaker 8: We could have been Martin.
Speaker 15: And I have never been out again.
Speaker 6: Never another notable name something they know.
Speaker 20: Michael Jackson, Yeah, Michael Jackson to beat my daddy asks and the talent shows.
Speaker 6: Really my dad has some talent.
Speaker 20: Yeah, my dad seen my dad in the shot lights. Matter of fact, you know what I'm saying. So but like he you know what I mean, like, you know, try to go because of him in Mike the same age. So they was always bumping heads in the talent shows, and Michael fucked that nick up.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, you ain't fuck with Mike.
Speaker 20: And then niggas and niggas did to tell the show like Mike brought the whole group out on his motherfucker that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you up that solo, he got t th Jermaine.
Speaker 20: They're all doing the instep, they got moves, they got Joe, you know what I'm saying, Like they.
Speaker 3: Had Joe pushing him.
Speaker 20: Niggas, You ain't nobody, you just had your mama telling you, yes, my baby like Mike had a team niggas, So yeah, niggas. He couldn't fuck with Mike. Dad, you know you can't fuck God damn well, you can't fucking Mike. Uh, Michael's sucking you up.
Speaker 3: Your whole life be watching motheruck Michael Jackson TV. Turned that mother ship off.
Speaker 6: You want to see no part of it.
Speaker 3: He listened to it on the low though.
Speaker 7: When I first met him, I said, all right, I'm gonna see this, dude. This white cat can really go like.
Speaker 6: Is always out on white boys respects.
Speaker 8: It's always out.
Speaker 3: It's respect. This sain't nothing.
Speaker 8: So I said, let me see what he can do.
Speaker 19: But Larry had something that most white.
Speaker 3: Boys don't have.
Speaker 10: They say that just keep real man different, now.
Speaker 21: Different, very different.
Speaker 3: Now that boy he could play man. He turned it out.
Speaker 7: We played on a team in college, uh, in a tournament together. This is the first time I ever sat on the bench. Him and I were on the bench and we were like, the guys in front of us wasn't better than uugh. But Kentucky head coach was coaching the team, so he started three guys from Kentucky. But when we got in the game, we turned it out. But I saw this dude eat Jack Givings up.
Speaker 3: He was player of the.
Speaker 7: Year that year Kentucky, right, yes, from Kentucky, and Larry Bird was just slicing them, dicing.
Speaker 6: Them, and I said, I called home.
Speaker 5: I said, it's true about this boy.
Speaker 8: This dude can play.
Speaker 7: So that was my first time seeing them, and then to be out on the court with him in college for that National championship game. And then of course what happened in the NBA. But I would say that we got a chance to change the league. You know what, what a blessing it was. He ended up in Boston and then I ended up out here. My personality was La Hollywood, his personality.
Speaker 3: Was Boston, and it worked for the whole league.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 3: So everything was good.
Speaker 6: First time All Star?
Speaker 3: What did that mean to you?
Speaker 5: Unbelievable? I know that felt great, bro. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 23: Bro, even though like I feel like because I think we was in like the ninth place, ninth place, I believe, so I feel like I should have got voted in like when it happened, and I didn't get like voted in, Like.
Speaker 5: I was at the house like my family.
Speaker 3: Hot.
Speaker 23: You already know how them households get like they hot because they announcing it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 23: So my family, they all came out to San Antonio and we all I just got back. I just got back home, and I just remember, like they ain't call my name has nothing the reserves, they ain't call my name.
Speaker 5: Bro, I was hot, I was hot. My family was hot.
Speaker 23: Like I see I see my brothers crying like they hot, like you know, like they trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, it ain't nothing. You know, we're gonna we're gonna get there, like.
Speaker 23: Because God got us, you feel me, but he got me, like I work hard, great person. So it's like it's bound happened, Bro, sooner or later. I thinks a couple of days go by, obviously you had guys hurt. I go to the gym, and you know how Pop is. Pop smart, He already know I'm in. They vote, they got me in, Adam Silver put me in. But it's I have no clue. I'm just going to practice, go to practice. After I'll leave Pops like I have a great day.
Speaker 3: Da da da dah.
Speaker 5: I head home.
Speaker 23: The family's still there, and he just, uh, he just randomly called me, like can you can you come back to the facility. I'm like for what, Like I'm gonna see you tomorrow, Like what you need me for the facility for He's like, man, just come to the facility.
Speaker 5: I get to the facility, I go solo.
Speaker 23: As soon as I walk in the door, like congratulations, all start Bro. It's like I'm like, I'm like, wait a minute. What Then obviously it starts blowing up the fall the text message to cause all that.
Speaker 5: I start breaking down, crying.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 23: I feel I start breaking down crying, bro, Like I'm like, this this shit crazy. Bro, Like, Nah, this ain't true, bron all star, this sh it ain't true.
Speaker 3: Bro, you know what I mean. So I go home.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I hug all them guys.
Speaker 23: I hug all of them, the staff, everybody, coaches, everybody, front office. And as soon as I get home, bro, whole family crying. Bro, the whole they already knew, or you told them, they already knew. They started getting out. They just knew I was leaving to go to the right. So I walk in the door, I walk in my house. Everybody crying, bro, Like, but it's like tears of joy, Like that motherfucker used to be in the rain at five years old by himself.
Speaker 5: I was in the snow by myself, no backboard, just the rim.
Speaker 23: I was in the house getting the laundry, you know what I'm saying, all that, getting the hangers, pulling on the doors, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 23: All that, and they that's what you've seen, like and from all my family and I think what really made it hit difference is we lost my sister not too long from that.
Speaker 5: My sister was killed like months before that, and.
Speaker 23: Our family was kind of in a you know, like a head damn, like sad mad, like just a revenge mode, you feel what I'm saying, Like because she was killed, you know what I mean, by her boyfriend. So this like brought some positive, some positive to the family again. They're like reborn this, you know what I mean. And it just was it was unbelievable, bro. Like even still, like I still feel like I ain't did none of it. I still want to get better. I still want my coaches people to criticize me to get better, to be better, like so I can make it again, make it again, you know. But it's like it's a blessing, bro, when you able to do that like obviously basketball sports team, you know what I mean, Like, obviously we play basketball, so it's a team game. You can't win without the team. But you got your individual things.
Speaker 6: You feel me say, you was a top twenty four player in the league that year.
Speaker 23: You know what I'm saying, that lievb that's unbelievable, Bro, you feel unbelievable. That's unbelievable. So it's like that I'll never go over my head, you know, forever gonna be be be thankful for that.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 3: On a serious note, man, you mon big.
Speaker 13: Three times we were really talking about getting in shape and doing a lot of things together and also playing the game. But while we were playing, you went through some real stuff. You suffered the art attack, and you know it really fucked me up because you know, you're my real friend and you was going through a lot at the time, and then we didn't know, you know, you really weren't telling us. You know what I'm saying. We had to find out, you know when when you when you really was in the hospital and everything that went down. But talk about going through that, bro, and and you know, staying strong through all that and you know, trying to figure out what was next, because I mean, that's that's really what you was going through that whole time. We was trying to figure out what was next for all of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, hold on second, bro, it's tough times.
Speaker 3: I know it's tough.
Speaker 5: Hold on one second.
Speaker 6: Take your time.
Speaker 24: Yeah, man, can't believe up what everything's to me in here crying. Huh shit, we was crying together. Yeah, if you want second, bro, gotta take your time.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 6: I mean that's the mode we was in the whole time. That's all we could do.
Speaker 24: I'm reading my phone, but yeah, man, it was, uh, it was a tough time man, for you know, myself, my family. You know, when you go through something like that, you know, you don't you know what. We can feel invincible at times. I feel like you realize you're not not invincible, right, it's in that moment. Think about your children, parents, brother and sisters, family, everybody. I just remember when I was kind of going through it and I fell out of my house. My son found me, say but get me to the hospital. See his face crying, okay' hearted kill me even more to the paint I was put through. It's my baby, it's my Sonny's twenty two years old.
Speaker 3: But I started as a baby. You know this.
Speaker 24: It was tough, you know, to change my life forever because you know, I love different Now. I'm not afraid to tell us I love him. Now, I'm not afraid to be be me, you know what I'm saying. Like I was more reserved, laid back, more. I'm pouring to people now, you know, pouring to them in different ways, you know me and just joke and play, but that's the way we pouring to each other love, you know. And you know I just do that more down than anything, you know, because life's too short.
Speaker 3: I know it now.
Speaker 24: I was forty years old, you know, it's five days for my birthday. Just kind of letould go through stuff like that. Man, just be thankful for every day, you know. With this HBCU stuff came around to as God just working in my life and this stuff that's been stacking them for me ever since. And you know, I appreciate guys like I said, Kmart and all my brothers who always keep me encouraged and always check in on me and all that shit. And I never even played with these dudes, you know what I'm saying. But they just know we real ones. And they were just clicked up, and I just appreciate, you know, everything. But you know, when you go through that, you just you know, you know who loves you for real too. You know, you learn a lot about people, you know, and there's some people that are senior of vanilla text and like you okay, but it's some people that really make sure you okay, you know. And you know, I just really appreciate my children around that time, just you know, being there. I'm just you know, just every day I try to be a good dad. I try to be a present dad most best I possibly can. And I try to be even better son than my father, my you know, cause you know, my parents are getting older and I you know, so I try to spend more time with them and understand what's most important and you know, fuck this hoop shit, fuck the money and all that bullshit. Families and memories is the only thing that's important to me now, and you know, and that's what I try to do. And I know this basketball keeps me away from my family and you know, back in Indiana or whatever, but I know God got me on a mission to touch more than just my family, and that's just what I'm doing so I'm thankful for every day and no, just like I said, I don't take it for granted.
Speaker 6: Do you ever have any experience with Michael Jackson?
Speaker 25: Yeah, man, Michael Jackson bro I booked his studio. We booked the studio west Lake for my first single. Tonight, we moved from our studio to his studio, and he wanted to get in there one time. So they was like, you know, they came through, warned everybody that you know, Michael's going to come through, and he didn't want nobody to see him coming through or looking right. So we're all out there and you know, by the pink, the pool table, kitchen area, everybody chilling me taking a break from the studio, and these guys come in and they like, he was like, hey, y'all, we're about to bring somebody through here. You know, they didn't ask us to leave. They asked us to just turn around and face the wall while you know, they bring the artists through, right, So it's like, are y'all serious, Like.
Speaker 3: That's not a joke.
Speaker 25: They was like, man, if y'all come on quick, man, if you could just I know who you are, quick, I like your music. If you just turn around, you know, you know it'd all be good, all right, So we turned around and ship this ship seemed weird and ship like police shit, like you know, being.
Speaker 3: Hemmed up on the wall.
Speaker 25: So the door opens pool then you just hear some penny loafers mm hmm, right running through the little thing. You turn around, you can see him, like his little hair and shit. And I went in the door closer to me. It's like, all y'all cool, y'all can turn around, y'all, everything's cool.
Speaker 19: It's like, damn, Mike didn't want nobody to look at him this right.
Speaker 25: So that was one experience, and then was another one where he booked our studio, his Skip Sailors, and he was more cool than and it was like I had a one of my little artists I was trying to sign, and you know, he didn't really say.
Speaker 5: Nothing to us. He just walked walked past it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 25: Whatever, he wasn't he wasn't as timid as he was back in ninety one, nonety He was just more cool. But he didn't I don't know if he I don't think he didn't want to fuck with me. He thought I was blood Michael's cripped Michael's on his cripping.
Speaker 19: Jack, you should tell him the one about when you when you almost got.
Speaker 4: Ran out of this league where at an Indie And yeah, remember that call you made to me and I called the commission up.
Speaker 3: Man, I forgot about that.
Speaker 8: You was out. I was done, he was done.
Speaker 6: You was done.
Speaker 3: I was done so many times, y'all. Remember that?
Speaker 6: And and you you said, I called you, you called one from AL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I got in touch with you.
Speaker 19: And I called David Stern. I said you can't do that to him.
Speaker 6: I was done, you was out.
Speaker 3: I remember that you was gone.
Speaker 19: That's how you got back in the league.
Speaker 3: I was done. You remember that.
Speaker 19: I guess that you should tell that.
Speaker 3: I actually forgot about that, but I remember vividly now. Yeah, because I was ship.
Speaker 26: I was trying to call everybody that I figured would help me at that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Al save me, save me?
Speaker 19: No, Isaiah say, I mean.
Speaker 13: Saved me, but Savan you know what I mean, saved me, but connected me to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And and you got back out on the court. How many how many weeks after that?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 6: I was in the midst of you already suspended.
Speaker 19: He was gone.
Speaker 5: I was done.
Speaker 3: I was at home already.
Speaker 19: He was suspended. The wheels were greased, and he was out.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 13: I don't I think I called ghostbusters. No, I ain't called ghostbusters. I ain't called ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: Donny Wall, I remember Donny wallh Zeke and uh Mike Brown. That's the only people that went to Wall for me that I did, I vividly remember.
Speaker 6: But the only one that got to David Stearns's ear.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I went to that man's office.
Speaker 6: I can't do that. Then, that's dope.
Speaker 19: That's not going to happen in it.
Speaker 3: My show was gone too much. I was gone.
Speaker 6: I've seen it. Randy Moss, you played high schoot ball with Randy Moss.
Speaker 22: I'm pretty sure, y'all And both of y'all talking like I don't understand either one of y'all sometimes, But how is it like playing with one of the best receivers to ever play in the NFL on a basketball court.
Speaker 27: I'm gonna take it a step further than it's not just the best receiver. To me, I played with a lot of good athletes. Brou is the best athlete I've ever been around. I mean when I talk about athletes, I'm thinking like Kenny Hoop. Can he throw a baseball? Can he sprint faster than you can? He jump higher than you can, he throw a fishing rod further than you? All that skip a rock? You do everything. He gonna beat all y'all. You're gonna beat all y'all.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that's that. Brandy Moss is definitely one of the best. But how was it playing basketball with him?
Speaker 10: It was good?
Speaker 27: You know, he was player of the Year in basketball our years and I was playing a year in football one year he was player year in basketball.
Speaker 6: But it's crazy. I wasn't just did you play football quarterback? Okay, you was still throwing that thing, but I wasn't trying to get hit or nothing like that. You didn't like that out of bounds?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're putting your head down on nobody too. Fragile bro keep them past clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 27: And then our coach had Randy We had a punk return called Jesse James Blitz.
Speaker 6: Ten guys got one guy back.
Speaker 27: I'm the guy back right every time, because you know I have good hand, I'm gonna catch it run straight to the coach to get to play for the next time. One time I try to cut the bitch up up the sideline clip.
Speaker 3: Me landed on the ball, knocked the air out of me. I'm laying there.
Speaker 6: Coaches like that.
Speaker 27: I'm like, look, bro, you got Randy Moss on your team, you got me.
Speaker 6: Return these mother?
Speaker 8: How cold was he?
Speaker 6: I mean, make it makes sense, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, we get a chance to see highlights of you guys in high school and you just throwing it up there. But I don't really see much of him from a football standpoint in high school. What was he like as a receiver. I couldn't imagine what kind of cheat code that was. He was a receiver. He played, he never came off the field. He kicked off, he was played free safety. Then he would receive, and then he would.
Speaker 27: Kick the extra points and then and then if we had the punt. B He was punted a bit too, Like I swear, I swear to be your all star All NFL punter if you wanted to be ain't lying right now today, Bro.
Speaker 4: Today you gotta still stay in contact.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 6: And he likes to fish.
Speaker 27: Brian, I don't get down.
Speaker 6: With the fish, Okay, you don't play with him.
Speaker 3: It's not you.
Speaker 27: I ain't touching no fish or no worms or notthing like that.
Speaker 26: We always talk about this, you know, about who would have won in ninety four ninety five mj W. But you know, people don't realize how good Dream was and how how competitive Burnon Maxwell was.
Speaker 6: Why I mean, Kenny said you, I would have handled him. You know what was your thoughts? Obviously you know you have an understanding. You want a lot. Those are some tough bulls teams. But y'all was tough too, So yeah, we were tough.
Speaker 26: But this is why I know we would have won it, because I played for Field and I go back to this two thousand and six season, I'm sorry, two thousand and four season when we were playing. We were playing San Antonio and I had to guard Tim. Tim gave me thirty six a night. I'm begging for some man. Y'all gave me a double team. Because Tim started facing me up and doing stuff that I had never seen before.
Speaker 3: I said, I need a double team.
Speaker 26: And it was like, you know what, man won't be I mean, damn, he won't one man. He's killing me right now, you know. And and so he double team I said, And with that same mentality, I know it wouldn't have changed the dream. And you thinking about this, and I'm looking back at everybody that they had on that Bulls team. I knew I'm a better defending than all them dudes, and I know dream is better than Tim, so they wouldn't have be able to stop dreaming. I said, okay, And I feel like when the young Rob would have been competitive enough to stop Scottie and so I figured that's why we would have won it. And then you got you know, everybody said, we're about to you know, black Jesus meaning MJ. Look at the way Vernon played. I'm telling you Vernonon back now from nobody burning back. I'm telling you watch Vernon play. Vernon would give you thirty to forty one of the craziest athletes you would ever see.
Speaker 3: Play this game.
Speaker 26: But because of his craziness being mad Max, people don't talk about it or even do what he did and how good he was.
Speaker 4: You're a good team man, you got any credit. I'm a huge fan of man. We had a story of the home. I'll tell our story. So we were in Houston one time with the Warriors with Nelly and somehow he found out we were gonna have shoot around there.
Speaker 6: So we got there. He had like a full hour workout, like, Nelly, look at me, you know you need a ten day, like everyone was both full sweat. Well, I promise you.
Speaker 4: We had first walked in there like somehow he found out where we were practicing that, so he had got in there there before, had a full workout talking about the ten day, Nelly, what's up day?
Speaker 3: Like this? What seven?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what we believe. Was unbelievable. And I had to kind of look around like is he serious, and people like, no, he's serious.
Speaker 5: Serious he was, and he was though, look.
Speaker 4: Great, he looked great, Look great, he looked great.
Speaker 26: You talk about freaking bodies. His body is just he was just ripped for no reason. Didn't really work out, but just was ripped. And he could just stay up all night, drink smoke all night. That mugma come out and come go for forty. His favorite thing was if you come to l A, and he loved playing in l A. That mug would hit a jumper and find out where the chi You know this when the chilis was sit on the side of that muggle fall and push yourself back into the chili's look at him, prettiest white tea smile.
Speaker 5: I'm fucking him up the night baby.
Speaker 26: Gets he was man, brother was just man.
Speaker 3: He was fuddy man.
Speaker 26: He was I'm telling you man, that dude was a crazy, competitive, great athlete and he was just man.
Speaker 3: You had to be there another time. I mean, we had this.
Speaker 26: We were playing, you know how sometimes you have shoot around. Guys leave, We're still shooting around. All a sudden, our Strength and Condition coach comes running out, like, yo, man, I need some fucking help. Vernon going fucking crazy. So were running there and Vernon and Carl Herrera both have weights in their hand. The motherfuckers just boom hitting each other with the wais and they like camp. He's like, I'd be damn about get hit the fucking weight. And so them motherfuckers fought till they got tired. And then the next day they hugged it out, you know. And if you ever see car cars a big dude, yeah, car shoulder came out place.
Speaker 3: Vernon was the first person like, I got this, my boy. He would help him to the back.
Speaker 26: And then three weeks later the motherfuckers fighting again and it was just the craziest relationship. But those two loved each other and that that was just the competitive nation of Vernon.
Speaker 3: Boy, it was.
Speaker 26: It's a lot of stories, even though the time when I had to go save them in the stands, yeah yeah, yeah, first.
Speaker 6: It was what happened right then. So for those who didn't see it, So we.
Speaker 26: Were playing Portland, Portland's kicking our ass, right. You know, I'm sitting there, I'm pissed because you know, you have a good game and you're lose and you feel even worse.
Speaker 5: So I'm sitting in the bench and all like, here is yo, Vernon.
Speaker 8: Who's that bitch on your arm?
Speaker 26: Vernon says what And I'm at the end of the bench because I had just got subbed out. So Vernon jets by me and I looked this way, like, oh ship, he going in the stand So I growing up in the stands that it was two dudes. One dude jumps up, Vernon pushes him down, and he gets ready to swing on the dude.
Speaker 3: The other dude jumps up and.
Speaker 26: I'm like, I'm getting ready to grab He looks at me and six back down like yeah, motherfu.
Speaker 3: I'm like this.
Speaker 26: I'm like, yeah, I'm swol right, and looked behind me his oldest thorp and I strengthen condition.
Speaker 3: Quick like and then they guy. He never hit the guy. He just pushed the guy down and said what the fuck you say?
Speaker 26: Say it again? And the guy like, oh, you know how everybody is. They talked trash until they you know, Jack had to take it to the next level.
Speaker 3: Where were you?
Speaker 4: And I went, I needed you in come grab me three million dollars later, did Dream Smack?
Speaker 25: Uh?
Speaker 3: That's was that room work?
Speaker 26: That's that's the truth. But I had I got there the season after he went there. Yeah, but Vernon, I tell you the story.
Speaker 3: How you know Dream?
Speaker 5: You know people, don't you remember James Smack?
Speaker 3: Dude? Vernon?
Speaker 6: Oh so you remember.
Speaker 26: Randy's r I can't think of randy name. Used to play for the Clippers, No, no, no, another and I can't think of his name. But we were playing the Clippers and I think it was Randy. But you know, everybody was scared of Ken was Ken Norman Norman? Everybody was scared of King Norman, right, you know he was like that and forced nobody will fuck with. So we were walking off the court and Randy's talking Ship to Dream and then he pushed his dream. Dream hit him with a two piece pop up real quick, and then he goes runs to get kN kings who hit you Dream?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 26: Fuck that because they know I would with Dream because people were realized Dream had those hands. If you go back before Dream really deep dive into his religion, that Mog fought every time because it was twenty five to fifty dollars five get with Ship. He would knock you around a second. So I think the old Dream kind of came out because when you push someone, you kind of lose it. Sometimes he ran it with that two piece real quick. But it's like, I'm going to get my big brother.
Speaker 13: Big brother saw who it was the problems and say that because he's the best person in the world, Like he the best dude in the world.
Speaker 6: Dream, Yes, that's person in the world.
Speaker 3: How did the light of flick come about?
Speaker 5: Ship Man?
Speaker 3: You know how to smoke? Yeah?
Speaker 28: You know it's it's literally it's on God. I would not lie to you, bro. It's not a trademark. It's not a because if it was, we're having singed up there and I wouldn't even have to do it. If you are listening to you could listen to every single one is a different and the answer is simple. And plane, if you're a Wayne fan, you got already got to know that I'm about to smoke during the verse. I'm liking up for the verse and that's yeah, No, let's go. It's not a trade, it's not a whole. Let me make sure I get him up.
Speaker 29: It's to the point where like when when Motherfucker's head for the song, they be like, oh, I feel like that too, heard I heard it.
Speaker 28: F flicks on some other songs that you're not delivering, like I live stopped doing that.
Speaker 4: Any Donald sterling stories, white party stories, anything, what you got for us.
Speaker 30: I wasn't invited to the white parties. Yeah, yeah, you know so, but no, it was it was. It was definitely different. It was something different going on there. I just I remember being in the locker room and just you know, him always bringing his friends back there. Weird, right, you know, And one time it's just you know, just man being you know, it's like Mark's in the locker room, people going back and forth to the shower, and you know, like he was just lingering around back there, and you know.
Speaker 6: It's watching Yeah, it was just like, man, it's weird, it's weird. It was weird, super weird.
Speaker 3: Say it was weird to me, weird.
Speaker 30: So I just I didn't know how to take that, you know, nineteen twenty years.
Speaker 4: Old, like what the fuckt all olders and you're watching Dick's crazy since all the teams do it.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and seven, you land a major role in Transformers.
Speaker 6: What was that? Like?
Speaker 3: Crazy? You still had the uh one of the Transformers in his crib not.
Speaker 6: At the time, not at the time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got it all after but yeah, my Transformer tattoo right there. Yeah, I grew up watching Transformers. Man, so you grew up watching the Hot He's crazy, Like I'm they don't have to tell me nothing about auto bots versus the sept the comments.
Speaker 31: It was Lucky Charles and you was telling them under rules.
Speaker 3: That's how this ship was crazy? Like you want to you want me to talk to Hot was s?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 16: That was like crazy, bro like.
Speaker 12: Like I said, Man, and working with Michael Bay of course. Oh man, Oh so here's a here's a Michael Bay story.
Speaker 3: Uh, let me think about this for a second.
Speaker 12: If I ever told this story publicly, I gotta tell a quick Michael Bays story.
Speaker 31: So first thing, when we were doing.
Speaker 12: Uh, Too Fast, Too Furious, the whole Too Fast, Too Furious was filmed in Miami. Uh, and while we was doing Too Fast, Too Furious, they were shooting Bad Boys too. So Will Smith and Martin and I been knowing Martin because I did a guest appearance on Martin when he had a TV sitcom of all time. I stopped watching TV after that, married with children and ours I was number TV.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 3: So uh, I know them, love them both.
Speaker 12: They every time they would get around me over the years, they would always like, for whatever reason, just go above and beyond, just trying to put me up on game and protect me from myself.
Speaker 3: So I I you know, I hit Will.
Speaker 12: I got invited to the set of Bad Boys, and even though our budget was nice, that ship was crazy with what they was doing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 12: So fast forward, uh the maloof Brothers opening their first hotel in Vegas. For the grand opening, they put like seventy five some celebs on on on these private planes just to be there for the grand opening. So literally I get on the plane and I'm on this private joint just like, oh shit, private plane. It's crazy. And then right as the door was about to close, Michael Bay come walking on and I'm sitting there like, what the fuck is going on? I know exactly who the fuck this guy is sitting there. I'm talking about, man, I'm talking about right here on the plane. So I'm sitting there, shook his hand, cool vibe. He remember me from coming to the set Will and Martin and then uh, I asked him a question.
Speaker 31: I was like, let me ask you.
Speaker 3: Something, man, are you aware.
Speaker 12: Of how many people in Hollywood say you're like arrogant you? This you had and this, and I guess the question was like the last thing. And he expecting me to ask him, but you can tell just on some real shit. He was like, Yo, I appreciate you asking me a real ass question instead of like sitting there telling me how much you love the movies I've done. That was like, so our whole hour flight was about just chopping it up about some real shit, like what people think of you versus what you think of yourself versus what you said and what you did, what you're responsible for, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: That was the gist of it. And it was love. It was all love. So then I get to the lobby.
Speaker 31: And I've never hung out with dude.
Speaker 3: I was on the set.
Speaker 12: He was in go mode, you know, genius director, big action god. Everything is one thousand miles an hour in his head, you know, and so seeing him when he's out of game mode, he's a whole other person, very cool, sociable. So I get to the front desk to check in, and as I'm walking through the lobby because it's the grand opening, all these women was in the lobby in Vegas and without me noticing, by the time I got to the front desk, I must have turned around.
Speaker 31: It was like thirty of them gawking and looking, and Michael Bay walked up to me.
Speaker 12: It's like hey man, wow, you know, like he really got excited about all this energy that was around me, and my brain was like.
Speaker 16: My brain was like, huh, nigga, you know what I mean, Like like if this is if this is what if this is what you own?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 16: This is what I do?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 16: This is easy?
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm the R and B nigga.
Speaker 31: Turn active, nigga, I got juice is following me all day.
Speaker 12: So I'm I'm seeing the excitement that he's feeling about the energy around me. I ain't fin the city and say I arranged anything because I ain't that nigga. But it was it was really like and I was like and then literally at the front desk, was not the plan, but I felt his energy.
Speaker 31: I said, Yo, man, I got some girls coming up.
Speaker 3: Man, dreams is real.
Speaker 31: Low key, man, you ain't doing nothing, pull up right, It's like. And then he was like, yeah, you know, what's what's your room number?
Speaker 3: You know what I got the key?
Speaker 31: I was like, you know, blah blah blah, full five whatever it was. And then I was like, man, this ain't coming.
Speaker 12: You know, he ain't no fucking way, you know, man, listen, I literally it's the funniest shit, Michael, see this clip.
Speaker 8: He gonna be like you, I've never told nobody he got there before you.
Speaker 3: So I'm literally in the room right.
Speaker 12: I swear to god, it was at least thirty chicks in there. I didn't tell them they needed to do anything. I just said, look, man, if this man knocking my door when he come upstead y'all got one job and one job on it to just make him feel like.
Speaker 31: The most incredible motherfucker you've ever met.
Speaker 12: And I said, look, man, I want y'all to know there is nobody in the history of cinema who knows how to film and capture women the way Michael Bay do on some victorious Secrets. They shooting him campaign for thirty years, blah blah blah. So they all up in there like that, and I'm like, yo, he actually specialized and putting random women on. He don't necessarily need to be with a supermodel. He don't go for the established. He'll go and find some brand new bad shit and make him look nigga. They was up in that motherfucker Like damn.
Speaker 31: They're just like, well, thank you for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I like, he gonna be happy. They ain't got with me.
Speaker 12: He gonna be way happy to see y'all way to get up here. So hey, man, y'all ain't gotta do shit. Literally, this ain't no prostitution, Like I ain't. I don't play them games and I do shit, which nothing did. Go down and drinks, girls, put some music on, vibe had a nice little sweet It wasn't nothing crazy, and like an hour go by I'm walking, I'm pacing in my room and man, but bo but but bok and I swear, man, I almost want to get up and reenact this shit with the cameras on me. But like, if the peep hole was hit, nigga, I was like. I was like, like it was like a move oh ship.
Speaker 24: Yo, nag If this fuck is on the solidss door when I look through this people, it's over.
Speaker 5: It's over.
Speaker 3: So I went look to the peep hole.
Speaker 31: Fuck yo, hell no good right.
Speaker 12: Yr Niggas a bro opened the door, came in. You know, he always got his little shirt just about right here. You know, you know he's missing Miami twenty. Hey, hey man, you know he wants him to dream of it. They went, They went full on flirting, like, don't worry about me, just make sure he feels amazing when he gets here.
Speaker 3: Man, they hit that.
Speaker 12: Thing so far out the park. Next thing, you know, got each other's number. He invited me to a Christmas party that's up the street by the way here in Santa Monica, and uh hung out with him. Say, hey, man, uh, I got this movie I'm about to do. I'm thinking about doing it, you know, Steven Spielberg hit me up and.
Speaker 31: He's mentioning this Spielberg like this normal. I'm like, he Spielberg. You know, he wanted to direct it, and he was like, well you maybe you should do it. He's like, what do you think man? I said Transformers, Like man, you that's that's childhood for me. And he's like, yeah, yeah, you think I should do it? Like fuck yeah, man, it a big crazy.
Speaker 12: He's talking to me like as if me saying he should do it is gonna actually make him do it. I'm like, well, shit, you're gonna ask me. Yeah, so then you know what else should do?
Speaker 3: You should put me in it too. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Then he said this was funny. He said, uh, He's like, yeah, what you do a movie like that? Like yeah, I'm trying. I'm like, I'm so fucking fired up and I'm trying to play it cool.
Speaker 3: Like man, like that, it's crazy.
Speaker 16: I grew up on that, man, be crazy.
Speaker 12: You would kill that ship if you did it. And then he said yeah, yeah, yeah, are you funny? I said yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm funny. I don't I mean, I can't really tell you I'm funny, but I you know, yeah, I've been known to keep Nigga's attention to tell a good joker too, you so, and so he invited me back to his office. I walked in his office. The whole room was full of images. This is all computer generator. It's all of these images of the cars and the Bumblebee before and after that, you know, the Optimist trying truck and all of these images. And he's like, come in, man, and I'm looking. I'm like, what the you know, I'm looking at my childhood. So he wanted to cast me in the first Transformers to play Bernie Mack, the car salesman.
Speaker 31: Who's so shy of Labove's character.
Speaker 12: The first Bumblebee if anybody seen it, that was supposed to be me, Bernie Mack.
Speaker 31: And after hanging out.
Speaker 12: With him several times, he literally swept. He literally created the role Nest and had me with Josh Dummel the soldiers, and we end up doing three Transformers.
Speaker 31: I would have been grateful for the Bernie Mac role, but for him to be.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, I really like you.
Speaker 12: You're a good guy. He like, he literally out the sky. We had nothing to do with the storyline. He created the Transformers, soldiers that work and Rock with Shy of the Buffs character, and all of that shit happened from an airplane ride and all these women at the fucking hotel. What's the name of ojel the pond, they did the job they put me on.
Speaker 3: Ladies work.
Speaker 6: Favorite mema yourself?
Speaker 3: Uh, probably the one with Bronk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what did you say? For those who didn't see it.
Speaker 30: So we had a time out.
Speaker 21: We had a time out with like a minute forty five left up like eighteen and you know, at that point games over. I didn't know why we were still in the game, and coach was drawing something up and you know, you know how time. I was sorry, nobody was really listening, and I asked a lot of questions that year, So I asked coaches. I was walking on the court. I was like, I'm not doing anything, Like I'm on the left wing, basically chilling.
Speaker 30: He was like, yeah, a D.
Speaker 21: Bron and Rush were supposed to run some three man action and I walk on the court and thats Broun the same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm just chilling, right.
Speaker 21: He was like, nah, you're going here here, and like kept going. I don't know if he was sucking with me for being serious to be honest, but I actually make that face a lot when I'm kind of, you know, confused, but at the same time, like I would like to think, I'm not confused a lot, so I kind of know what's going on.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I don't know if that's true, but it's crazy.
Speaker 3: That is crazy. That is crazy.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's I ain't see that one for like two days though. My brother, my brother actually sent it to me. That was after I think the Game one or two of Denver Serious.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen wing crashes?
Speaker 8: Brother, artist, I painted a picture for you that's actually funny as shit.
Speaker 6: You had that motherfucker hogs but he had remember.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and one, fifteen to one in the playoffs, the infamous step over with Alan Iverson. He spoke to that on our show, and I think surprised a lot of people with his answer. Let's take a look at that. You guys run into the Lakers in the two thousand and one finals, go into La Get Game one, when you hit the jumper on Tilu and stepped over.
Speaker 6: I mean that still gets played daily.
Speaker 4: Looking back now, almost twenty years ago, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 32: Really he was giving me so many problems, man, straight dog, Like when I stepped over him, it was like, I ain't know I did it, and then they try to get me to mimic the shit years later, like I don't even know how to do it. You don't know when you're gonna do something. You don't know the emotions and the game or what go on throughout the game. It can be a coach that pitched you off and you react a certain way, you know, to basically tell him, yeah, look what I did that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was It was dope when you look back on it, but I just don't like it.
Speaker 4: Obviously a moment we live in a social media moment now that wasn't back then, but it's still something that kind of surfaces around. Speak to that moment and then also your relationship with him at the.
Speaker 33: Moment, you know, Like I said, people make a big deal out of it, like he crossed me over and I fell down and they stepped over me, like here a contested shot. I stepped back and I failed, he stepped over top of me, and you know, for me, it wasn't even a big deal. Still to this day, it's not a big deal and you get kids like, oh that's the guy.
Speaker 15: You weren't even born. I'm on that same mixtape.
Speaker 6: They showed me highlights after they falling, So I'm with you.
Speaker 33: But it wasn't even a big deal, Like to me, you know what I'm saying. People make a big deal of it, like it's a part of history and that's okay. Like I love I Love AI you before the series, like it's somebody idolized.
Speaker 8: He's two years older than me. But like, man, the corn rolls from the hood, like my height, all the things that the girls like.
Speaker 33: But like he changed our game, like the get the culture of our game, like the change you know, Jordan, they weren't suits.
Speaker 8: They like te white teas, change braids.
Speaker 33: Like he changed the game for us as from where we come from. That's huge for us because a lot of times, you know, it's young black men. Yeah, I'm not comfortable wearing a suit, and if I get a suit, it might be a two on suit.
Speaker 8: Eddie Jones laughing at me.
Speaker 16: Like what you got on?
Speaker 8: You know, you're always teasing people.
Speaker 33: So like he changed the culture for us and made it okay to be an NBA player but also be who you are.
Speaker 8: And so I idolized the dude. I told him from day one.
Speaker 33: And so when I played him every day in practice before he played in the finals, like just mimicking who he was and feel like play fast, do this. I knew every movie did Like I was so happy what two weeks of just be all man move And so I played against him in the game. I knew everything he was gonna do, like I swear to God, stack every every move, every counter. And so you know to me, like I said, I idolize a dude. And so if it's a moment in history and he deserves it, like he deserves it, like I don't, I don't make me no, No.
Speaker 13: It was that because how he is the love for for you like he don't like people try to make it as it seem like he be littling you.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Because the love he got for you, that's why.
Speaker 3: He don't like it.
Speaker 8: And I love but I mean you ai, I'm t lou And I don't have no problem with that.
Speaker 15: Like I'm a realize.
Speaker 33: Yeah, I mean I'm a dog like you all you like like I'm a dog, like I'm a guard every night I'm not gonna back down.
Speaker 8: If you got a scrap, I'm gonna scrap, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it is what it is.
Speaker 33: But at the end of the day, like he's m v P and I'm just I'm just happy to be able to have a chance to compete against him at a high level. So I'm giving everything I got. But I said, that's my guy, Like if he needed it or whatever, that's that's my.
Speaker 15: Guy to the end.
Speaker 3: They don't know.
Speaker 6: Chuck is one of the most sensitive NBA players ever. He cried all that he gonna tell you he loved you twenty.
Speaker 8: Times, twenty times.
Speaker 16: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: People don't know, just a random phone call out the blue.
Speaker 15: I love you, yeah, and I love him too.
Speaker 26: Yeah.
Speaker 33: To get a chance to compete against him in two thousand and one, I don't know where I would be because, like you know what I'm saying, Like, you don't know if you don't get an opportunity, like I was, like on the bench kind of you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I didn't play till six minutes to go in the third quarter. I didn't play the whole first half.
Speaker 33: You know what I'm saying so like having an opportunity to compete against him, like it just it changed my career, changed my life.
Speaker 6: Yeah too, Yeah, one of my biggest regrets.
Speaker 22: And Steph, I'm sure you would have been the light skinned man either way.
Speaker 3: He was gonna be the light skinned man.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying you was that was destined for you.
Speaker 22: But I feel like when you came to the garden and I let Raymond Felton's pride getting away and he had fifty, I feel like that's when you decided you was just gonna rape the lead.
Speaker 21: Bro.
Speaker 6: You know, you know what, I ain't manager.
Speaker 15: That was the moment, Bro.
Speaker 8: I think so, Bro, I believe so, Like, can we go back and let me let me tell you why I'm not.
Speaker 6: I feel you because Raymond elm was on my team.
Speaker 13: Jamier Nelson had twenty points in the first quarter the first three games of the first round of the playoffs on him.
Speaker 6: So I get it. I get it when I tell you my dog, but I get Raymond, that's my dog too.
Speaker 3: That's what I said.
Speaker 22: I Raymond said, chump, no, like he was like, Bro, like stop like stop, I'm like, gee, come on, gee, like come on, because I just switched off to him.
Speaker 6: I immediately poked the ball away.
Speaker 8: Let's get to this dude, though, Like, stop letting dude do this for.
Speaker 3: He really be doing this to us.
Speaker 8: Stop letting Tom do this for. He really be doing it real, because I've seen it coming coming. I'm like, the confidence is changing.
Speaker 3: Gee.
Speaker 22: He going back to Davidson on us. Bro, noa his jersey ain't read, bro, Don't let him do that, you feel me. I'm like, he doing the ship that. We was like, you can ain't do that in the league. He started doing it. I'm not, Yeah, you going too fast, shooting that jumping now, that's too much. You ain't even holding it up no more. You ain't you ain't you even yeah falling this shit? No, bro, Now he talking to the crowd, he pointing that fans. I'm like, Steph, don't even do that. I think it was us, Hey, jim my bad. He a New York My bad. If I was a part of that because Shorty.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 22: I could have ran up to Raymond like a g you're guarding whatever the fuck else. But I'm now guarding Steph ninety four feet. But I had just got back from injury. So they was like, something, you overgassing yourself.
Speaker 3: He gonna do you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how they were saying it. You on a minute restriction, He's gonna do you. Let raining handle, willing to reblow this wheel?
Speaker 3: Just yes.
Speaker 15: I really felt like.
Speaker 8: In my heart like we are birth in an animal.
Speaker 6: Bro. I really think of that moment.
Speaker 22: I'm like, Bro, I think we ignited that confidence that came because after that game, Bro, he got very disrespectful. He got disrespectful Ship twelve twelve thirteen, twenty twelve thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's it.
Speaker 22: I had just got back, Bro. I had to wear a sleeve on myne I never I had a black sleeve on my knee. Bro. Since I'm like, shorty ass was really dragging us, and I'm like shorty y'all acting like this record.
Speaker 3: Was coming to I never forget being in a huddle. Ron Better? What is he right now? Yeah? My dog my bed my bad? But yeah, I like call my nigga ron I just like you, Moran, we don't call him Better.
Speaker 22: Better start rubbing my shoulders, like calm down. If he telling you to calm down, like be cool, what's it? No, it couldn't have been meta though, because Meda came the next.
Speaker 3: That's kind of who was KT. Kurt Thomas came, grabbed my shoulders. Say he okay, that sounds different.
Speaker 8: He say a man, cal damn, calm down. But I'm like, I'm like, man, what the fuck this nigga called?
Speaker 3: Like three?
Speaker 8: I'm like, bro, this is he putting bullets in us?
Speaker 3: Bro? Like what y'all mean?
Speaker 22: It's not cool? Pholum hit him. I'm like, bro, what y'all talking about? He ain't got no bruises on nothing.
Speaker 16: Hit him?
Speaker 8: Hit him?
Speaker 3: Like what are you talking about? Bro? Take a foul?
Speaker 8: He coming off the screen.
Speaker 3: Hit him.
Speaker 8: I'm like, bro, y'all want me to do it? But I'm like asking coach.
Speaker 3: They like, man, somebody get wild Man.
Speaker 5: But he liked, he like.
Speaker 8: Come get wild Man over here.
Speaker 3: Calm down, man, that man on the wood.
Speaker 8: They like talking to me like it'sfolk.
Speaker 3: We knew it.
Speaker 22: The man fifty and the garden was cheering for him. I say they cheering for him. I was sick, Bro, light skinn man. I just want you to know, bro, light skin during my day, do you know the light skinned man, the light skinn man, the light skinny man, do you know the light skinning man that lives on Jewelry Lane.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, that light skinned man.
Speaker 8: No got little bitious after that.
Speaker 3: Oh it was real. Yeah, it was run away with it.
Speaker 8: After that he started shooting in from forty.
Speaker 22: Other than that, start turning around when he shows him like you, Gilbert areenas now you Gilbert Jesus Christ Agent zero pieces.
Speaker 6: NIX will do it, you man, Nix will do it.
Speaker 3: You stand to everybody in confidence