Speaker 1: Oh, I loved it. Pure joys how I would sum it up, pure joy, feeling comfortable in your skin. It was amazing. Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. All Right, ladies and gentlemen, we are back from London. I'm not sure if you could tell from our enthusiasm on our Insta stories on Aaron's sweatshirt that she's wearing my Calm Down Friendship bracelet that I still haven't taken on. Oh hate that we saw. We went finally after a year and a half in the making, to Taylor Swift Across the Pond, and we had a lovely time, didn't we em in?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: We did. I still can't believe. One of the best lines we had. You know, our text chain that we have with Jared Steve you me. We were like, Steve was already flying to London and we said something about a dinner reservation. That's another thing. Jared can't enough with the reservation reminders. We got it, but Jared's like, wow, we're really doing this, huh, And Steve goes, well, I hope we are. I'm on the plane. She was so excited. Did it two days early? I can't believe we did it either. We have a big show. We're doing these a little bit different this week because obviously we're so excited that this actually came to Fruition and we followed through and all of the sub stories that will follow along hair or that will follow up with because you guys submitted questions, We saw your dms, we saw all that. So we're going to do things differently. No pregame this week. We're going right into the big show. And because Aaron and I are like two little kids, we're going to be all over the place with this. So we've brought in some support our wonderful producer Ryan Welcome. You guys have far all right. Aarin is so smart, She's like, since we're going to be all over the place with this, ry, do you want to help navigate this conversation so we don't get on too far of a tangent. So right, take it away, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, So, as you said, we've got all sorts of dms and messages from our loyal listeners out there, so we're going to start with a lot of their questions about what happened, and then I'll.
Speaker 1: Kind of have my own as we go along here.
Speaker 2: So we're going to get right to it because obviously this is the biggest one that we got from plenty of people.
Speaker 3: Did you get to meet her? Just right off the top, let's get that out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to I'll answer this. No, we sadly did not get to meet her. Now, we never thought we did to meet it. There's no part of us that like, we're going to London to meet Taylor Swift. It was like we originally were going to go to her concert in La Max Stell was born and obviously not anything could trump Taylor Swift. The birth of Max Stoll could do that. So we then had to postpone going to the concert for almost a year. We found a date on the schedule and we're like, let's go see her in London. Amazing. So, no, we had no expectation that we were ever going to meet her. We have loved to, of course, and we hope Taylor, when you're listening in your downtime, we would love the chance to actually meet you. But no, we never planned on meeting her, but look forward to that time, hopefully in the near future. With cocktails. I don't want to back. I mean, I'm beggars aren't going to be choosers, but how you and I have manifested it. It's like cocktail in hand, maybe a couch chatter, I don't know. That's what my dreams have been like. So and now that we've seen her, I have even more questions about questions her, the show, the whole thing. So, yeah, didn't meet her, but look forward to that one day. I think, Ryan, not to help you produce in somewhere in this show, I would like to talk about the questions that we have for her. With the show. We were trying to pump Kylie Kelsey for information. She I either is great with the game face and was like I don't know, or she clearly didn't. But I have so many questions about things that happen backstage.
Speaker 2: A well, listen easy transition here, Kylie Kelsey. That was one of the early videos that first came out, and people were freaking out that you were able to meet her. First time meeting her or have we met her before?
Speaker 1: Yeah, first time meeting me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For both of us, we had obviously have been fans of hers and just like love everything she does. On the filanthropic side, as a mother, as a wife, all of the things. But yeah, first time meeting her and lived up her cheek phones you guys, I even told her this. I was like, I can't concentrate on anything. You're saying, like she has the most beautiful like facial structure of anyone and also is everything that you think she is, which is so sweet. And you can tell a lot about somebody when you go to the bathroom with them, because are you willing to talk over the stall to one another? Are you waiting for one another like she waits. She talks over the stall. It's like it felt like she's a girl that makes you a woman, that makes you feel like you've known her forever. She's just lovely. I would like to add luxurious hair. The hair is int saying, not an extension in it, And I listen, these aren't important things in life, but just as beautiful a person. I think in our hotel room that night, Curso the four of us were saying she was MVP like we loved being around her, boys loved her. I second the bathroom situation, that's where we were coming back from in that video. And while I was having a meltdown, we were missing the song, Betty. She just was calm, cool and walking out and I was like, running, She's amazing. She was really, really a cool girl. I'll also say this like an amazing mother. And she saw a fan maybe that needed water right away, didn't think twice yesh, grab water from the tent through it at the family. I was like, this chick is incredible, Kylie, Guys, she's amazing. I'm so glad that you said that because I forgot about that. Yeah, she was like she did like what Taylor does was she's like someone need help. She's like scanning the crowd, gets water, the whole thing. Yeah, she's a dream. I love her.
Speaker 2: Listen if if that was the first time you're meeting her and you guys are already taking bathroom trips together, that sounds like, yes, the friendship that everyone was hoping it would be. Everyone was huge, huge fans of her on the DMS and the comments she's amazing.
Speaker 1: Also the video of Jason walking in the crowd with the with the beer like in his mouth, with the bracelets, the guy is just first of all, we knew he was amazing from covering him. Offensive lineman, we know what we get it we love them. He is just phenomenal. But that video of him passing out the bracelets and walking with the beer, I'm like, he's he's fan. Did you see that little boy too that was wearing his jersey and he took a picture with him, and that boy's face, that young man face is like he will never forget that moment. Imagine like you don't think you're going to see him. And then he just like taps him on the shoulder. But yeah, classacks through and through the Kelsey family.
Speaker 2: That video, it is the genuine mix of pure shot. Like he couldn't close his mouth.
Speaker 3: That kid is just saying.
Speaker 2: They're like, is this a dream? Is this actually happening? And it was just like total elation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great so also and also ahead Jason and Kylie. Awesome to Stephen Jarrett, like they sat in the back most of the time, like chatting it up with those guys. It was really really cool. And then how about Steve coming in without a left field with the story. He's like, I saved your life one time, Jason Kelsey. They had like a whole backstore of how they knew one another from like Georgia, like some party in Georgia or something like that. But the best part I have to say this, Kylie's looking at me. Steve's like on the railing, like with his phone out or something like that, and she kind of has this look on her face because it looks like he's taking a selfie. But I know Steve, he doesn't take selfies, or at least since I've been with him. There might have been a few back in the archives on that Instagram, which, Yeah, she looks at me and I look at him. I go, do you think he's doing what you think he's doing? And she goes yeah, and I go, I swear he's not taking his She goes good because I thought I liked him until then. It was so funny because it's like he had his phone up like this and she thought he was taking us up. I'm like, don't worry, it's not one of those. Were good. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: So obviously Jason was there, Kylie was there, You ended up. Obviously Travis was there, But just in general, everyone wanted to know the details on this VIP tent, like are you arriving? There was a golf cart at one point, I know you just mentioned that the video that we saw was you guys actually walking back from the bathroom, so you had already been there. So how does something like that work at a concert like that?
Speaker 1: Miss Andrews, that's all you, Yeah, no, it's not. It's all Taylor's people. And I thought we talked about this before we came on. Hugh Grant put out an amazing tweet. It was so I love the tequila shots, your gigantic boyfriend, you know, obviously praising Taylor, but praising her team. I will tell you this. I you know, you always hope, and yet you figure somebody like Taylor Swift has an insane team. Her team is incredible. They are so welcoming, they are they are so accommodating, they be on organized. I'll say this. We're compared to the people. Oh sorry, Prince William is there, the kids are there, you know, Hugh Grant, Paul McCartney. I mean there's Royalty left and right, Liam Hemsworth, you know, everybody's there. Bon Jovi. We are not to that level. And I am. I would love to say this. Taylor's team, thank you guys so much. You guys were so incredible, so thoughtful, and that came from her team. And they were so lovely. We had joked about, you know, going and you're not cramming for the exam and Jared in my hotel, somebody's at the door, leave me alone, and somebody h Taylor's team. Could you get that? Jared had said, Hey, are we gonna have a parking pass? And we're like, let's just hope we have tickets. Okay, they give you a parking pass, they pick you up. We didn't expect any of this. I really didn't. I didn't know where the heck we were going to be. I didn't even think that we would be near Travis. You know, you and Jarrett were texting and you know, He's like, see you guys there. When we got down, when they took no one feels more comfortable at the bowels of a stadium like Chris and I. When they took us down, I was like, Oh my god, could we possibly be in this tent? We had never asked they brought us there. I mean I was. I think I looked at you and I was like, holy shit, because they don't tell you where your tickets are. They don't tell you anything. They didn't tell you anything. Yeah, and I didn't expect it because I knew that we've seen the people in there, and I wasn't expecting it, and I, you know, I just yeah, what am I? Yeah? No, no, no, no. I think it just can't be overstated how amazing her team is because we were just happy to go. And I don't just say that like, oh, I'm just happy to be there, like no, we were really genuinely just had like we went to London for forty eight hours just so we could go to this concert, and anything else was going to be a bonus at that point. So when they put us on that golf cart and took us right to the tent, I was like, I know. And at one point I was in the tent and I was like dancing, doing my moves, which we'll get to shortly, and then I was like I turned around and her dad was right in front of me, and I was like, ah, I'm so sorry, and he was like dancing too with me, and he was so cute, and then he gave me all these guitar picks and I ran over to you and Kylie and I go, I just made an ass of myself and I danced like a spas and then her dad saw me and YouTube both go I know, we just watched that and I was like, don't care, don't care. I'm so jacked up right now. Yeah, Ryan, we talked about it on our last podcast, just about like how you act or how I act in front of people, and like Stella McCartney walks in, like, you know, we know Travis, but I still am like very awkward. I'm like, I don't want to get in his way. I don't want him to think I'm here to be like pardiculations me next to Travis. So I was in the back most of the time. And even though I'd been like wanting to see everything, at one point we were standing there and you know, Stella walks in and all these leslie man walking and I'm up in the front and I'm like here, I'm a nobody. You can stand up here, like it's fine, go ahead, and then I'm like I can't see. But no, it was just like I was like wanting to hide, but it was. It was insane and we can't thank her team enough and yeah, they're amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know you two getting the getting the special treatment, not that we actually take credit for setting them up in any way, but the early advocates getting the special treatment from her awesome team is obviously something incredible and you can't expect anything less from a world class act like that.
Speaker 3: You've talked about the dance moves.
Speaker 2: There are some videos that you guys had recorded that we haven't put out on social media yet, but apparently there might have been a little.
Speaker 3: Bit of tension, a little bit of tens over some dance moves.
Speaker 1: Tension. Tension is no post is gonna run with that. We were fighting in the tent. No, here's here's here's the read between Ryan's words, no tension. It is no tension. We did not establish. What I've learned later is Aaron and I are two very different protocols. Okay, yes, which, by the way, we are the athletes, and it's like, hey, we'll learn, we'll be better next. We're very coachable, good so I learn after the fact after participating in some of my moves, and the videos will show Air not wanting me to be up in her face. There's one video where I'm dancing and on my singing her face and remember, like we have been waiting like this has been like something we obviously had talked about at nauseum. For so long, We've watched her the concert on TV, like individually together like we have been waiting for this moment. There's some songs like I'd be the man, calm down, like shake it off. There's just pure elation when these songs come on. So I'm up in Aaron's face, I'm dancing, I'm screaming, and at one point Erin gives me the full on in the heisman. Basically she like shuns me. She's like enough and pushes me out of the way, and I'm like, oh not in the moon. And then I go and like hop on over and I go dance with someone else and at one point Leslie Mann. I didn't even realize it was Leslie Man because her back was to me. I just smacked this girl on the bum because I'm having so much fun and like all over the place, and she turns around with this big smile on her face, and I was like mortified, but not really. I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. She's like it's okay, and then like starts dancing again, and I was like, see Erin, Leslie doesn't care if I dance or smack her on the and Aaron's like, what I found out later is the dancer. And Aaron really wants to concentrate on the concert. And I am acting as if I've had ninety seven espresso shots and I've just been let out of jail for the first time.
Speaker 2: Nosy Rosie's there taking notes getting her report read. She's busy, she's getting ready to you know, take some take some notes on the choreography.
Speaker 3: You can't be getting in the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know to this, like I like, and I'm, you know, a big fan of her dancers. I follow them. I'm psycho with these like TikTok videos and I was, you know, even ken my sister is asking me, okay, tell me about like, you know, who's afraid of little old me? Like, and I was like, well, yeah, there's a stick and there's a thing. And I just and I'm a sucker for what outfit is she coming out with in style? Like I wanted to see, yeah and listen, my girl right here. And Kendra understood it because we went to a Justin Timberlake concert and listen, Chrissa I show I was showing Terry Bradshaw video today from the concert and he goes there, she is she's crazy and I was like, no, she's nuts. And I was like, but yeah, like we're all not the same. And Chris has said it perfectly. If we're at a football game, you know, we don't want somebody talking to us or like doing the you know, the play in front of us, like they're like oh, and he threw it like this, and I'm like, let me fucking see the routine. Yeah, it was fine, It was all good. There's no we just watched concerts differently. Wensume the products, that's all. Yeah, we consume products did very differently, although again to Aaron's point, if we're at a football game, the consumption is going to be the same. But don't take me to a concert if you want to watch the dance moves, because the only dance moves you're going to be watching there. Right. It was funny because and like, I love CT but I was like telling her, you know, this is when she does her kind of her mashup of a couple of songs, and Kylie and I are sitting there and I'm like, oh my god, it's got it's got to be black Dog. It's got to be black Dog. I feel like it is because so long London. I feel like she would have done last for the and Chris is like, huh huh. And then this was actually very cute. As she's getting ready, she's starting to talk and she I knew that those songs were coming. I was like, highly do you know what they are? And she said I don't. So I said, Travis, what do you know what they are? And he was great, whether he had a poker face or not, but he was like, I think it's an old one. And then one of the new ones and it was adorable. I don't even heard this. He goes and the bridge leads to this and I just looked at him and I go the fact you just said bridge blows my London Bridge is falling down with Travis Kelsey saying bridge, it was very sweet. Yeah, I was like, what about that three four defense?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: But it was adorable, very okay. So Travis as people different concert goers.
Speaker 3: Different concert goers, and that's okay. It's all just a learning experience. And now we know.
Speaker 2: Now we know, we have, we have our routines in place, we know what the expectations are. We're good going forward. All right, you guys are big on smells, particularly you've talked about it. Did he smell like his signature? Lieuivaton? Were you worried, you know, halfway through the show about your smells? You know, were we sweating?
Speaker 1: What happened there? Oh? Oh yeah? And I'd like to call somebody out. I mean we talked about, you know, judging women in their bodies. I saw some of the comments, what's Aaron in her soccer mom era? First of all, you're talking about David Beckham's mom there, and Rinaldo's mom there, and Messi's mom. So I'd love to be great point great. First of all, I will tell you this, and Carissa almost made a massive mistake. She almost wore heels to that concert. And the one thing everybody told us where sneakers.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Chrisa is like Sarah, Jessica Parker, Carrie Bradshaw. She can pull off heels and dance at them and be popping along. But I definitely went for comfort. I had two jackets for my soccer mom area era, so relax. But yeah, it was like the tent, there's a lot of people were bouncing around. Well, Chris is really bouncing around, but no, it's hot in there, and so I just we just ripped our stuff off and put it over to the side. Now, Chris looked amazing and her sparkles and all that, and I wish I had done a better job with that. But I love my jackets. But relax on the soccer mom era. Okay, you know what exactly, And to your point, if that's a soccer mom hot, fine, there was to elaborate on that. I we've talked about. If you guys listen, don't Jarrett coin the phrase do not cram for the exam. Since we talked about going it was this concert a while ago. I thought I had the perfect outfit. I was just gonna go white T shirt and like these like very bedazzled jeans that I got, and I was gonna I had to wear a heel with them because the jeans were really long. I didn't want to tell Aaron that I was gonna wear a heel. I knew she was going to be mad. She's going to be like, why are you doing that? It's going to slow us down. Have you thought about the walk from the parking lot? But unbeknownst to us, there was a golf cart could have worn the heel, everything would have been fine. However, day of so obviously we both we can fly in at different times. But then like that next morning before the concert, we go shopping and I'm like, I can't wear heels. You're right, I'm gonna I'm gonna regret this. So I got different pants, tennis shoes, and it all worked out. But we're doing a day of drinking about she was an audience, you can pull that off. She's a designer decorator, she can pull that off. I can't know if I can pull it off. It was just an audible that made more sense. But all I could think about is if Taylor Swift can perform for three and a half hours every night in heels, why can't I have heels on When I'm just bopping around in a twenty by ten tent. She's moving the whole stage and for the last I don't know, one hundred and fifty shows or whatever number we're on. So but I ended up wearing tennis shoes and it was probably the right show.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the answer to that is first year, not training, like I'm sure Taylor's training for these shows and heels and second, if not fully prepared for the Heisman stiff arm that's coming from Aaron part way through the show, that could lead to some destabilization and some potential injuries.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Ryan, don't she's insane though, I mean, I know, like Chris has been a different Yeah, you know, we watched the concert multiple times. I've watched like, yeah, the countless, a number of TikTok videos. Her stamina is incredible, like it's crazy. And then you see the pictures out of her the other night inter heels again until four am. I'm like, that was Aaron's text to me. Aaron's text me because she had to leave earlier than I did, and so I was still there and she's like, did you end up going out? And I was like, no, I didn't go out. I was like, I was sleeping. And she's like, and look at this one still in heels out. It is so impossive. Two takeaways from this concert, well three. Number one, I'm so glad that you and I did this. I'm so glad that we actually followed through. I mean, there's a million reasons in life that you end up doing things. I'm so glad we did this. Number Two, Taylor and Travis. I don't care what anyone says. I don't want to hear it. Don't talk to me. In fact, if you don't like Taylor and Travis, you shouldn't be listening to this podcast, and you shouldn't like us, because we love them. We have obviously been credited for something that we didn't have anything to do with, but we have advocated for these two from the beginning and seeing it. This is my first time seeing Travis in person watch her at a concert, and I have these creepy pictures that I'm going to send him, which I'm sure he doesn't need because he has seven thousand pictures of him at her concert that are Getty images. But there's a picture that I took just of her on stage and like he's like off to the side, and the way that he looks at her when he's performing. And I said to him, I was like, you must be so proud. He's like, you have no idea, and I just my takeaway was how sweet it was that both of these people get to watch one another in their respective professions with like such admiration, with such encouragement, And I was like, what a gift that is to have a partner be able to Aaron, you've had it with Jarrett, like seeing him do his thing. I do that with Steve over his laptop when he's putting together a marketing presentation. Very similar, but like to watch your partner do something that they absolutely love and crush it is very cool. So that's my second takeaway is that they are so adorable and in love and it's just sweet to see. And my third and final one is she is a frickin' beast or I don't know how she does it, but I am in a like complete awe. I think that, Aaron, you and I have really good work ethics. And we'll get on a plane and we'll fly here, you're on location. The second you got back, you're already like back out traveling again. And I just think that the work ethic of that young woman is to be admired and appreciate it. So, yeah, that deserves everything she has. The Chris had talked about, you know, him admiring her and being so proud. There was this moment and it's well documented because Travis obviously can't do anything at her shows without people taking videos. So we're not telling anybody anything. They haven't seen over the every angle yet every angle she was singing lover and she was just singing to him, and we were kind of all standing there watching it, and it was awesome for the romantics like Chris and I. For a guy that we cheer for on and off the field, and obviously we're a massive fan of hers, it was really cool. It was kind of like an inside look of like a relationship of that you know, all of us had been hoping for. But it was really really special. And he was just standing there and just you know, taking her in And I posted this picture. It's awesome. Jareded has this photo. He's standing right behind Travis and it looks like she's pointing to Jared and she's going to Travis and Ryan, you said, a great texture and always finds his way Chrissa and Jared, they always find their way into something like they just do. They're so good at it. The timing. But yeah, it was Listen, I we all fall into We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. We were there, we saw them. I don't believe for a second this is an act. I'm embarrassed of all the people that said it was a pr stunt. I don't want it to be I will say this. I hope to God they get married. I want this thing to last. It is so cool to watch and even you know, like CHRISA just said, having a guy that is that successful, he walks into a room, he lights up a room. Having him support her the way he does is such a great message for so many people. Well said, no, seriously, it's a baby. And I have to say to Iby Remiss that we were there and a bunch of Travis's friends were there and they couldn't have been lovelier. And I think it says so much about who you are as a person of the friends that you keep. And these are friends that he's had in his life for a very long time, and you know their significant others, like we're just lovely and just in talking to them on a very like peripheral level and like surface level, but just you know, all you want is for your friend to be happy, and I know that they feel and even like what anyone has ever said about her, and you know the impact that she's had on his life. Clearly, we love them together and we hope that love is all the things that we hope it is keep advocating. People are great people, all right.
Speaker 2: So you talked a little bit about outfits. We talked about last minute of wardrobe change. One thing that we got a lot of d MS about was the I think custom made jacket or the jean jacket story on that. A lot of people were in on that. They want to know if they can buy it. I don't know if that's possible, but yes, people are loving that jacket.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that is the an NFL wear jacket that we have and that was an idea from our COO of Ware, who also made eight million bracelets for our envy and they were so adorable. Lauren Fenner love you so much. She and Portia, who works for our manufacturing company of Ware, decided, I was like, I kind of want to wear wear, and so we decided to make an use our NFL jacket. Lauren bedazzled it. She put calm down on it, put the War Era, she put a bunch of cool patches from Taylor's songs, and yeah, Chris and I traded back and forth wearing it and it was just so cute. You can buy the NFL and the team jackets and we have them in all teams, NBA, NHL, MLB online. But yeah, no, I was kind of I'm thinking of maybe doing a little auction for it and money goes to charity, you know, That's what I was hoping you is a tailor charity that she supports. But yeah, we're going to figure all that out. But so here's cool. It was so cute and Chris, I know you can add to this. There were just fans from all over the world in London to see her. We saw a lot of Americans. Jarrett and Steve were creepers, were like, hey, where are you from, to like little fifteen year olds and ten year olds because they were genuinely curious where people were traveling in from. The little girls with their moms and their dads. Like I was getting so emotional over and I think that's another such a special thing about Taylor Swift that people don't give enough credit to, just you know, the different generations and the dads taking their daughters and stuff. To elaborate on that, Aaron, So We're at a restaurant and Steve so Aerin and I are on the inside of the booth and Steve and Jared are on the outside, and we saw this like smoking hot mom and like a bunch of girls with her, and I was like, I was like, they've got to be here for the Taylor Swift concert. Like it just it's like they have to be here. So Steve leans back and he goes, hey, where are you guys from to the little kids. I go, WHOA. I was like first, and I looked up immediately at the mom and I said, oh my god, I'm so sorry. He doesn't mean that. We just want to know if you're here for the Tale Swift concert. I was like, Bro, you can't lean back and ask a ten year old, hey, where are you from? Like it's not a good look. So what we ended up deducing in the correct way was that they were from Seattle and the mom was there with her three daughters. And all I was thinking about in that moment, Aaron, like you said, is that they'll never forget that. Like and first of all, it's not cheap to fly to London from Seattle and hotels and all the things, but like those memories and I hope those not those specific young girls because they seem lovely, but I hope all the little girls that I saw, or little boys, or any even little just could be adults for that matter, that like went really like appreciated it the way that we do, because those are experiences that you're like not going to get back again, and especially if you're doing it when you're younger with your family. So very cute.
Speaker 2: All right, So we've talked a little bit about Steve and Jarrett as you just mentioned, what was this whole experience like for them? Now we know Aaron was locked in on what was happening on stage.
Speaker 3: Go ahead to that point.
Speaker 1: Jared tried to kiss me during like one of her walks and I go stop, I just want to watch. He'll definitely tell you that story. And I apologize the next morning because he was like he was like, he goes, I'm so happy, babe, thanks for bringing me and try to kiss me and he goes stop and I was trying to listen. That makes me feel so much better, Jared, I love you so much. Which can I say this? You can get mad at you can get mad at me. But when we were at the bar and there was a stressful situation, we were doing a pub crawl before the old concert and you're in a stressful situation, which I totally understood, and you were putting an order in and like you didn't. You wanted to try all the different varieties because you couldn't figure out the right drink, and you go, actually, can I try that? One? Actually can try? This was like on your fourth one, like can I try that? Jared says to me about the bar, and he goes, poor bastard. I started that because I knew the stress that you were under and the way that he said. It was so funny because the bartender at that points, like bitch just ordered a drink. It was so funny drink. I think it was all shared. Tried to kiss you in the middle, sweet and I'm also embarrassed because I think Kylie was standing right there and I'm like stop because I wanted to watch, like if I forgot what song it was. It was like I think it was like black Dog or something, and I really wanted to know what bridge or whatever. And I was like, I'm really happy, babe, I love you, and he tried to kiss me to go stop.
Speaker 3: She's got Jared.
Speaker 1: She just fucking putting us everybody. I think there was also like a moment four of us. There's so many funny lines because Steve's hilarious. He's obsessed with Reddit, like Jared comes up with these. I don't know half of it, but I think like we were all sitting there and where we were at dinner and Steve goes, I'm having a really great time. I'm so glad we did this. I love you guys, and Jerk goes they have creamspinach, babe.
Speaker 4: Okay for anyone that like gets that where it's like there's a sentimental moment and then it's like what, I don't know, it's just all funny to me, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she always had a great time. I had a lot to do with that. Or her show is incredible. If you can't have fun at that show, yeah, there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 2: So what about what about sort of like the vibe overall and like all of the fans like, how would you describe that? Because sometimes concerts are like, oh, it's like a party. And obviously we see all the videos of guys like you Grant or Prince William like just going down like Paul mccarthyccartney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so how would you describe that?
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise, I would say, wait for this. A cornucopia of people that are truly having like, think about that we are in London, Sir Paul McCartney is outside of the tent where he could clearly just go in and hide away from the masses of fans, but he's out there dancing to but Daddy, I love him. Knock it off. You have, like you mentioned he Grant, you have Tom Cruise, you have all of these people. You have the most famous people in the whole world, and then you have these daughters and their dads or their moms or whatever. It's like it's literally just everyone coming together who are like. Pure joy is the way that I would sum it up. And I think that first of all, obviously because I was dancing around, it went by so fast. I was like, I was so bummed. I was like, oh, I want more, poor girl. She's like three and a half hours in enough for you, lady, But like I wanted, I wanted more, and the crowd was screaming more. I just love I loved it. Pure joy is how I would sum it up. Pure joy. Feeling comfortable in your skin even though I look like a soccer, which there's nothing wrong with that. Missus Beckham suck. Yeah, why do we say that you were in jeans and a T shirt. What am I missing? I mean whatever, I was comfortable, it was. It was. It was amazing. I mean I came home. I remember somebody was like, was it worth it? I was like, yeah, yeah, it was. I want to go again. And unfortunately, like we have football on all the weekends, she's coming to the States. I'd love to try to figure it out. She's yeah, I will say this and again if I think we said this as we left the concert. If you don't like her and you don't like her work ethic, and you don't like how she makes people happy, then you don't. I got nothing. I know, yeah, I got nothing to say to you on that. I mean it's clear obviously our affection and admiration for her, but I just think in general, in a world where everyone has something negative, like finds a negative, there was I remember I was telling Travis a story about what I fell in love with Taylor Swift was because my niece. I don't know if I've said it before on here, but when she was diagnosed with a brain tumor, all she wanted to do when she got out of that hospital at six years old was go to a Taylor Swift concert. And this has now been fourteen years. And so we were at the Taylor Swift concert with this poor little baby all bandaged up, and she was singing every song and just like pure joy. And I was telling Taylor or I was telling Travis this story, and he goes, you know what's crazy, Christ, Like, how many of those stories that you hear, and every single one is about how she has brought like so much joy to somebody or made them feel better whatever it is. And like, you know, hard it is, I'm sure like to be consistently nice. I'm not like and it's just you know, she probably just wants a break. But she all of these stories and all of these things are always about how she goes out of her way and above and beyond he make people feel great. So if you have a problem with her, well you're the problem. It's you, yeah, mister, and team is buttoned up. Just if I could say, if we had gotten a chance to be with her, I would just say, could you just please do our super Bowl? Please do ours? He oh yeah, Aaron wants that, well a lot of people want. And then try come near me during that, Chris, I'll be like get for me. I want to concentrate. Oh, don't worry, I'm going to find my way on stage. Is one of the dancers, because when she sees that those dance moves from the tent, and when her dad tells her there is a psychopath that was in the tent on night one, Lady, I'll be a backup dancer anytime. I'll tell this story. This is a funny one, Chris. Everybody laughed the tent because apparently, I mean either they were we know Travis was going back to see her. I don't know where the friends went. And then basically there was a moment for Karma. It was just Steve, CHRISA Jarrett and I in the tent and we were dancing and jumping around, and at one point she looked over and all of the four of us were just waving at her from the tent and like, she has no idea who we are. And I was like, my sister, just like, do you think she knew what was you guys? And I said no, but we just were raving. We were there. It doesn't matter were as.
Speaker 2: Long as you were enjoying the moment, that is what matters. So we talked a little bit about this regarding the outfits. Now, there was a discussion about a weather report. Aaron is big on scouting weather reports, whether it's she's covering a football game, where she's going across the pond to see a Taylor Swift concert. Now, what were what was the initial read versus what ended up actually taking place once you got there.
Speaker 1: Initial read was it was supposed to be in the fifties and with some rain. It did rain during one of her songs at the end, which was pretty amazing, but it ended up being pretty warm. When we got into the car after we landed, Chris, I hadn't landed yet. The guy that was driving us said, wow, the weather turned last night. And I said, what do you mean and he goes, no, it's it's great. It's like sunny, And yeah, we all didn't.
Speaker 3: Feel like that's not great. That's not what the plan was.
Speaker 1: They all to give good no, because you know, I don't check weather reports. Ever. I was actually flying in from Toronto, so I was meeting them all there. Steve took up residency, couldn't wait to get there, so he was there a week prior. Then Aaron and Jarre Flewin and then I came in at the last second because my flight was delayed, and I was like making a connection whatever, not the last second. I just came in later than everyone else. So when I landed, I was in sweatshirt, long jacket, like all this stuff, and I was like, I looked at I think the first thing I said to you after I got excited to see you in the lobby, I was like, it's really nice here. I'm sweating, Like we didn't have any but we couldn't have asked for better because London, it's kind of tough to get a car. There's streets are busy, so it was so nice. One day we were walking around, or the day of the day of the concert before we left, we were doing that little pub crawl we had talked about and we were walking and it was so fun, like there's all these shops and like it's just all like London is beautiful in the architecture and it was so fun, a great time. We couldn't have asked for better weather in that regard. Oh my god, Ryan, you don't even know this, let's hear it. The night before the show, I just was not impressed with my deodorant and I feel like Chrisy could smell me and then I would have told you it. Let me borrow some of your deodorant, and I noticed his was just a and a perspirant, not a deodorant. I was like, okay, this is not good for you at all. You need a double duty. So we had to get a couple of things on our way to the show. I needed new deodorant, so did Jarrett, and we whatever had to get drinks. So we go to a drug store. I found my mittae. They have it in London.
Speaker 3: Okay, it home.
Speaker 1: No, I just got to travel size. And honestly, I said to Kylie, I know she could care less and go. I am so excited I found my new deodorant. It's really like stood stood up through this show. It lasted. She was like, okay, you know, no, she's yeah, you was dancing in front of your face, but you were distracting Kylie with your deodorant stories. You better knock it off. You better sit down, all right, let's finish off. Yeah, I can't wait. I can't wait for the story of Shelley Jayson. You know, Erin was a really nice woman. I you know, I anticipated she'd be so nice. But then I was trying to listen to the show and she just kept talking about her deodorant.
Speaker 2: And I really like Crisa and her boyfriend, but I think he was trying to sneak a selfie with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she goes, do you want to think it's done? I was like, no, don't worry.
Speaker 2: All right, let's finish up with as you said, so many questions and thoughts about the production of the show, the choreography, the outfits.
Speaker 3: Now you take it.
Speaker 1: Away, Well, can we first talk about his performance and how he got up there? Miss absolutely adorable?
Speaker 3: Would you.
Speaker 1: Just encompasses everything we've talked about, like why the hell not? You know, like this guy and and and for her too, it's you know what I likened it too. She's at the super Bowl on the jumbo tron, chugging that beer and being herself right where it's like, yeah, it's the biggest stage in sports, and she's like, I'm gonna be me and now here it is. It's at her show, and you know she obviously they'd been who knows, working on that for some time. But the way he goes out there and his little leprechawn kick and his whole performance and all of it, and it's just like, I think it's a perfect like microcosm of like who they are as a couple where it's like not taking themselves too seriously having fun, but including one another in like their big moments, and it's just adorable. I thought it was so great, and it also just shows like he can do anything. This guy is so cute and creative and like that whole routine. But yeah, I just loved it. Very very well done. Bravo, drav Bravo, Bravo, Bravo. I was discussing this with Lauren, who we talked about that made the bracelets and the jacket. You know, she's known for giving kind of like putting out these little Easter eggs, like, you know, certain things like hints to her fans, and her fans figure them out. There was a couple things that I was like, oh, come on, you guys, But now I'm like, I'm fully swifty, believing in it. There's one where people are saying, you know, this whole thing was about you know, who's afraid of little old me getting hurt in London and he kind of represents like when he picked her up and you know I can do it with a broken heart. Well, now you don't have to because I'm here. Also, there's a whole thing which I was the psycho about why I may or may not have pushed you, but not in an aggressive way. I outfits are a big thing and it's a big deal on social media. What is it symbolize? What she wearing tonight so I can do it with a broken heart was all white and it was the first time she's done it in all white. And there's a theory floating out there that he's dressed maybe like a groom or Steve. At the Royal Ascot, he picks her up, she's in his arms, maybe symbolic of like a marriage, a wedding. I'm here for it. I'm here, Yes, I hope so, I hope that it's speaking of that with the whole top hat thing. So when we went to the Royal Ascot and one's like, you know, it goes back to people like not knowing. Oh, I'm sorry that you're not distinguished. I didn't know anything about the Royal Askepot before I got the invitation from the FIBs family. Daisy, thanks girl, I love you. Back by the way, is a whole other podcast of Steve at the Royal Ascot. I still want to talk to you about it. I know, well, Aaron's still traveling. I just got home yesterday and that's why I look like a truck hit me. But I honestly like that is a whole separate podcast of the protocol and like seeing the King within like arms reach, like mind blown. Right. I was like, I get Tailor and the King in forty eight hours, Like god, I should just go home right now. But everyone's like, where's you win? The stupid top hat?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Hello? What's amazing? That is what you have to wear? Like that's why when Travis was out in the top hat and like the whole like look in that English top hat season, Steve was like, see see Travis gets it, I'm like, yeah, that's it, Yeah, Travis gets it. But it was adorable and like any of the like royal weddings, they're all wearing those suit jacket with the tails and the top hat, and I just loved everything about it. And you know what last thing I want to say about this is that it must be I mean, I'll use the pun karma here. Yes, the other relationships and all that kind of stuff. But it must be nice to leave a city that obviously has a lot of sentimental value because of your ex boyfriends or your time there and all this thing. But to leave there, sell out these shows and like then your new boyfriend's there, and like having that fun moment. It's like just a reminder to like, life moves on, and even if you have like these tremendous heartbreaks and you think like I'm never gonna get over it and I'm never gonna but it's like, we keep on moving and we keep on shaking, and it gets better and better and better. And I just love that for her. If you go to a concert with me, I won't kiss you and I won't dance it.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't go to a concert with Aaron, I lied, I said, I have took I had three takeaways from this trip. I have four. Don't go to a concert with Aaron. Hey, you can go, but let me watch it. What are some questions if you sat down with Taylor, which we will all manifest that you have about the show? How how do you do it every single night? Because I don't. I love love being on not being on television, but I love broadcasting. I love it so much, but I can't imagine every single night and like the endurance is that it takes. I have that umber one is how do you do it? Another question I have is you mean like in terms of like like are you getting an IV every day? Are you what kind of vitamins? Are you really curious about that? Yeah, your sleep schedule if you don't get like I know how it does, like adrenaline after whatever. Both of us like we're not going to bed right away. You and I will FaceTime each other after a game with red wine, white wine, whatever, and like download the whole events of the evening. So what time are you going to bed? What time are you waking up? The massage pre game, the meal, recovery, pre game, meal, whole thing like recovery and like daily routine day of a cons massage, pre show, chiropractor. I'm also curious is there a facialist and dermatologist on and there? That's a lot of makeup, that's all you know, your sweating. My sister is very curious when the hell a pee bring during the show? When does she go? And does she go? Is is it choreographed for? Like she comes off stage? And there's a toilet right there. Also costume changes. I imagine she's just walking into it. Someone's doing the face she's walking in. But what if you need a pee break? How many outfits do you have of the same one? Like are there four or they're five? Also, you know we've talked about this before. If you know you're going to see your boyfriend right afterwards, Like after her last show, she was already walking off stage in that outfit she went out in, Like did we do? Is there a rinse off? Is there a dry shampoo? Is there a deal to the whole? Like, what is the routine if you're going to go straight from stage out for the evening? She won't go ahead, go ahead? No, I just say, I just I just keep thinking about we went there for three days, you went there for last amount of time and I was tired and I didn't perform. I just don't get it. I said, that's Jarrett. In terms of her sleep schedule, in terms of getting adjusted to time zones. I mean we're just dealing with like when we go to New York to LA, Like, how do you do that? Across country?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Do you have questions for Tiana?
Speaker 2: I guess my biggest thing is how far ahead? Because if I understand this correctly, is sometimes there are like different mashups of unique songs, right and it can Yeah.
Speaker 1: When does she processes? When is she thinking how far ahead?
Speaker 2: Does she come up with I'm gonna match this song with that song? And is it like, oh, I'll try that tomorrow night, or is it I'll do that one in Spain a month from now, Like what's that creative process?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, she probably has to look ahead, like I you know, New York, she probably has to do Welcome to New York. I love the song that's on her new album called Florida. I imagine that she will do that in Miami. It's one. Hell yeah, you had to think black Dog was coming. I'm bummed Chriso. We miss thank you, Amy and mean because I would have performed base that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fascinating the whole Like that's what I think. We talked about a lot on the way home. It's just the show behind the show. The choreograph shows fascinating our team even though like the choreography of the guests. Yeah, yeah, and we're out, who's meeting so and so at Gate? B and we're not making you know, I thought it was interesting too, Like after the show that photo of her and William and the kids, she looked like she had performed, so obviously someone's coming in and doing her up, but like you know, she wants to get out, so how quickly is that? I just find it so fascinating. Yeah, what was that show? Is on VH When was it? You think you know, but you have no idea? What was that show? Was it VH one? Like the story behind the music, behind the music?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I need that. I need I need a whole documentary on the proverbial Wizard of Oz curtain of the Taylor swift eras tour. Are we snacking? Like, here's the other thing. Think about halftime. Those guys get orange peels, they get you know, some of them have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Like those breaks were not long? So what are we taking? It's yeah, we asked Kylie this again. She either didn't know or didn't want to tell us, Like, at what point do they know to put the mic on? At what point are they you know what I mean? Is it always? It's just yeah, so many questions, So many questions, so little time? Well, fine, you very tan, it's all make up. I feel very blown acne. That's why I was wondering if she had a dermatologist on hand, like see your tail. Also, how many doctors are touring with that are on hand with the tour because you think of like the dancers, if someone gets injured or someone gets sick, she probably has her own for her her family. So many questions. How early is she arriving to the venue? What is she doing on the tour bus?
Speaker 3: Are we shower?
Speaker 1: Are we showering there?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 1: What deodorant is she using? I mean, I am am furious, definitely, Mitch, because that thing has to withstand the test of three and a half hours.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much built in alone time she asks for because obviously, like when you're going, what was it three nights.
Speaker 3: In a row?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Shit?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Don't want to three or four nights in a row in a city like that? Like how often is she three?
Speaker 1: And then she was back and does five in autist five nights in a.
Speaker 2: Row, So how often going into that is she? Like no, seriously obviously sleeping and whatever, but like, okay, but I also need ninety minutes before the show, like no one come and see me or whatever it is, you know, because obviously people are constantly going to be pulling her, so that'd be something else is.
Speaker 1: Because there's I want to know what her parents think when they're standing there when you know, and watching these and obviously they've seen, however, many shows of hers her whole life. But it's like I just like, Wow, how proud they must be of her? Yeah, well that's if her dad can get out there and see it and me not dancing around him, right right. I just feel like, I mean, I'm sure the success obviously they're so proud of. How could they not be, But the person that she is and the person that what she means to all her fans, and you know, I mean when you when you have parents or kids that come up to you and say I wanted to be you. I mean, she has countries of people, and I mean, I'm forty six and I want to be like her, And I just I think that's I never got to go to a Michael Jackson concert. I never talked about this so like to a Beatles concert, like I just in every you know, it's kind of like people are like, oh, name the you know, the biggest athlete of all time. It's like sometimes it's generational, right, like Babe Ruth, and then you're like Michael Jordan, like generations have their different athletes. But when you think about her and being I feel privileged to have seen this show because I think that time will tell eventually, you know, like in terms I mean you don't. Time doesn't even have to tell how big of a star she is right now. But just the magnitude of these concerts compared to you know, the Michael Jacksons of the world. That's why it was so cool when Paul McCartney's at your concert. If I'm Mike Beatles, won you know a concert? Yeah, dancing? Yeah, that's what I think a lot of people. And I'm sure we have to wrap this up, but who cares because we're only going to get to go to this once maybe hopefully again. But you know, we were talking about like he can go out here on stage and none of her like fans are upset about it, like the reaction that it was so ridiculous she got about the NFL and some of their just dumb fans that were complaining about it. I think it would. I know she doesn't need it to do the Super Bowl. But when we got back from the show, we went into our hotel room and we watched the Michael Jacks in Super Bowl halftime, which I guess Chris, so what it was. It's the biggest It was Super Bowl right, mm hmm, yeah. I can't remember the numbers of it. I think it'd be so cool. This is as Steve was sitting in a top hat in a robe and me and Jarrett and Steve were crushing at McDonald's, which I also have a video of that. So when you say, what did we do? After the concert ended, we went back to Aaron's room and rubbed McDonald's except for Aaron, who was mad. She was trying to get the NHL game. So I zoomed it on your face, find your computer. You were so mad at me, not me, you were mad that you couldn't get it. Why can't we get hockey in London? But we would like to know, we'd like to bring this up with the powers that be. We wanted to participate in the Stanley Cup Game six, but AnyWho congratch to the Florida Panthers. Wow, that was amazing. Yeah, amazing. All right. Well anyways, in summary, I'm so proud of us that we actually went. I never had a doubt in my mind we would get there, but you never know. Sometimes life can take us in different directions. So kudos to us. Thank you to Taylor's team for incredible thing, the tickets, just generosity, and Travis and Taylor as advertised, we love you, adorable. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.