Speaker 1: All we got right now is Debo left with shoulder, got evaluated for head injuram, but that was fine. Wasn't able to return go ahead.
Speaker 2: We're all cooked a little skittish tonight. But man, in that final drive he went to six to seven for forty eight yards and completed over for eighty five percent of his passes. What did you see from him tonight?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think what you just said there, I think it was almost the story of kind of our whole team. I think there was times that we were all off at times. You know, just what was cool? I thought everyone who had a few plays that stuck out that you know, either ended a drive or was why didn't get a first down? The same thing on defense, even on special teams. But everyone who did do that stuff made a huge play at the end in all three phases to get us back into it. And Brock, you know, he made some big plays in this game, missed a couple, but leading the sound on that last drive and getting the win, it's all you can ask for.
Speaker 2: Rod to the super Bowl. Obviously you got one down, but you got some more to go. What will you focus on the most coming up this week? In preparation to you.
Speaker 1: I mean we'll sit there and watch tomorrow, find out how we're gonna play, and we'll review this game on Monday. Uh, coaches will work on for two days a game plan, and I mean it's not just one area. We just want to play our best football, you know, do everything we can to play our best so we feel we can win every game when we do that. We don't feel like we did that today, but we still found a way to win, which I'm very proud of the guys in there. I thought that was as big of a mental challenge and just a character game as any game I've been a part of. I mean, when things aren't going how you won on offense, defense, special teams, you know, the rain guys slipping a lot, you know, losing debo, really having to change some things with that, and just some of the mistakes we made to overcome, Like it was a gut check for everybody, And couldn't be more proud of the people in there. And uh, it's just how they persevere.
Speaker 3: DeVos I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: I mean it's he tried to come back, couldn't do it. I know he did something similar versus Cleve so we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Something specific that green May was doing that was throwing off your offense a little bit. And did you adjusted on that last series that you did anything different there?
Speaker 1: No, no, And I mean they were very similar to what they were on tape, which is a real good defense. I think they got a lot of good players, and you know we were you didn't realize, so we got, you know, studying these last you know, two weeks that how good of a defense they are. I know their numbers weren't there throughout the whole year, but we knew there were gonna be a challenge going into this game, and they made some plays. Credit to them, and I thought we missed a few too that could have kind of help us stay on the field a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Even starting out on the opening drive, you know, we had a real good look. We ended up getting a false start that kind of took that away, and the next play we didn't have the same look, and fortunately they dropped that pick. But the whole day was just a little off, but guys stuck with it. And I mean even like the third and or the second and six right there at the end, getting that drop leads us to third and six, and the NBA made a hell of a play to keep us on the field. So everybody had their part in both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: Looking back to you question your strategy to be less aggressive at the end of the first half.
Speaker 1: One, I mean, I liked that they didn't score. I like that we won at the end of the day, so you know, we did go. We did try to score. We had a chance there right after on second down. Thought we had a chance for Ba over the middle, would have been a big play that got it, got us inside the ten with two shots to take a the end zone. We didn't have the time to get it over the mic and we ended up checking it down and then we didn't get it. But that's how it works out. I thought, we make sure they don't get another chance. But it's not like we were just playing for a field goal. We called for a big play. It just they played pretty deep, I thought. I mean, the rain, there's always a factor, but it was for both sides. I think I think the biggest thing was the turf the field with the rain. I mean, there was a I saw it. I thought it affected defense a little bit more just watching, you know, I saw Dre slip a couple of times on and I know one big third down, I saw Mooney's slip on a big third down. I think I think it was gip once. I know Jwan slipped on a big third down for us, the one that just went off his hands. He slipped from what I saw out there right before that, so it couldn't really jump. So I think that the the wetness with the new turf.
Speaker 2: How stressful is it to be in that position? The number one seed? Packers are basically controlling the game and it all comes down to one.
Speaker 3: Drive to win it.
Speaker 1: Same as it always is, whether not because we're the one seed, just because you're in the playoffs. I mean, we've been in the playoffs a number of times, and you know what happens if you lose. And we feel we got a really good team, and we talked a lot about it last night. We know it's on the line. Anytime you play a game that's do or die, it's everyone knows what it's about, especially our guys. They've been through that a number of times in the last few years, and we all know what that feels like when you don't get it done and that's on your mind throughout the week, that's always on your mind during the game. But that's why I'm so proud of the guys. When it's not going right and you know how big of a deal that is, you still gotta perform. And the guys did big time. I mean, they got the plays that we needed to win. The play that Dre made there at the end to get the pick. Still have mixed emotions. I can't believe you didn't get down right away. But that was kind of like the whole day. I mean, uh, all the guys that would get really upset with are also the guys had a lot of love for at the end too, cause they were the ones that pulled it off to get us.
Speaker 3: A w affected you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. It's could have been. That could have been the ring, could be good defense, could be. But I mean those are just stuff that you gotta talk about. I thought we handled that as good as we could. I mean, we we had a hard practice that week. We played guys as much as we could. I know we sat brock but and there's not much that would have done differently. A unique ability to make those big plays in those big situations.
Speaker 2: What can you say about the type of person that he is and what leads.
Speaker 1: Him to be able to do that, Dre, I mean just being able to play today. He's been battling here for these two weeks, trying to get back and get healthy for the game, and I mean he inspires the heck out of all of us the way he runs, the way he hits. For him to make those plays catching the ball when they send both to him, he's really trying. We'll put him on offense if he really wants to run with the ball that bad. But he could definitely get down a lot sooner. Oh yeah, I was you mentioned having to adjust when Diebo went out early.
Speaker 3: How does that change?
Speaker 1: It changes a lot of stuff. I mean, especially when you when you have wristbands and things like that, and you know, you just got to switch some guys around, which is always a challenge for those guys. That happened during the Cleveland game and we didn't handle it that well. I thought we handled it better today than we did then, But it is a huge challenge. I mean it's I mean, Deebo's obviously one of our better players, but he also is a unique guy that goes to some certain spots. You gotta you gotta be adjusting that all game.
Speaker 2: With about six something left, did you call it as if it was the last drive? Was that in your mind the whole time?
Speaker 1: It was? I mean at the beginning, it's not. I mean, you don't. You don't want to you want to make a normal football. It always is normal football to me until you're out of timeouts and you realize the other team couldn't kneel it. So I mean, at first we started moving it. Once it gots about three and a half, you realize is probably gonna be the last drive. But you also, I mean to where we're gonna use four downs if we get in that situation. But you also know when you have three timeouts that it doesn't have to be that way. I mean, you can get you can give it back to them with one minute if you use your three timeouts right and still have a chance. So but towards the end, you knew it was the deal when we were inside the ten and I think there was a minute three left, and you know, I think we scored it at a minute minute seven. And that's the hard thing where you don't want to score too fast, but you sure as I want to score, so you can't be too picky with that great question. Those are some of the challenges when something goes down and you call it wrist band number, and and I forgot to tell him not to say hesy or not to read hezy. But sometimes we just ron Burgundy our wristbands and then you look up and Juan's in the backfield and kind of stop it. We just when we knew that, we kind of decided that. When you know, Jayed missed about four weeks and I think it was two games, but he had been out four weeks and he's been awesome in practice. I love Jayed. It has nothing to do with him, just our experience of you know, playoff games being around us. It's I think it's a lot. When you got a rookie who hasn't played in a month, who is a very passionate, aggressive player. I just don't want to put all that on him to have him go out in the playoff game, and when he had some been out there for four weeks, and especially when we have a veteran behind him who could just calm down a little bit, and if things would have gone differently, we would have put jay r in right away, but we didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Really here, Christian.
Speaker 1: Finish, Christians unbelievable. He told me, I'm coming out that play was gonna score. It was called eighteen Mike, and it was part of our openers. We didn't get to it till the second drive, but he goes that, MIC's gonna go. It's gonna score. Now if we didn't get the exact look we wanted, but so we were a little were we were a little surprised on it. But Christian was right, was man of his word.
Speaker 2: The resilience of your kicker to miss and then come back in a game like this.
Speaker 1: And make a big one that's huge. I mean, you know the one that I'm getting, the one blocked earlier, and just get into it. I think it was. It was a fifty two yarder. It was tough. He probably would have gone for it if it wasn't. It was the fourth Mike nine and a half. It was one that we were, you know, we were playing on going for it, but nine and a half seemed a little far and it was in his range and I definite would have wished I went for it if he missed it and so he made it and that helps me a lot. I really appreciate him doing that because that's why we were able to win there at the end.
Speaker 2: In that room, there's every reason to think that you could come back and win a game like that like this, but you hadn't had to all year, really not quite like that. What does it so?
Speaker 3: What does it say?
Speaker 2: What does it mean going forward that you have now other than you're obviously playing this week.
Speaker 1: I just like that we get another week with our team. I mean, that's every game is different. So we always talk about I mean, we have a lot of confidence in our team. We believe, we believe we're in the number one seed. We believe you always, we believe we earned that, we believe we should be that. But it doesn't matter for three hours. You gotta play like it every week. And that's one of the best things about the NFL and football that if you don't show up, your season's over. And it's not just showing up, it's you got to take care of that football. And we got two turnovers today, real proud of our guys are not turning over back. But we did have a block kick, had a couple misplays which we were slipping and you know, balls getting tip. But I'm just so proud of the guys that when things weren't perfect, with all the pressure, with everything on the line, they were so good perform and get it done.
Speaker 3: Feel a lot lessure in that moment, Like as you personally experience it, Are you miserable? Are you zoned in?
Speaker 1: It's more angry, It's more I want to I want to describe it the way. No. I mean, when you're in competition, it's it's a battle. You're aggressive, You're it's not you don't think of it that way. You know how big a deal things are. But it's more it's it's your aggressive. You stay that way, and you gotta be careful sometimes because when things aren't going well and you keep that mindset, you can't just stay aggressive and think that's gonna work. I mean, you got to still always try to be smart, play it right, but you never take away that mindset and you wait till the game's over and then you can worry about everything and react to however you want to react.
Speaker 3: But in a game that doesn't change.
Speaker 2: Was brought just off or the or their miscommunications with receivers like what's going on with the passing game?
Speaker 3: Which play every I mean a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: No, I know, then I'd have to give you a lot of answers, so we'd have to watch every play, but a combination of.
Speaker 2: What the inaccuracies.
Speaker 1: And I mean there's Dan Liman you gotta throw over and stuff. Sometimes the guy hooks up in his zone and you think they're gonna move and you can't see him, so it just gets off fingertips. I think that third down that he him and Ray Ray, you know, we had a swirl route. Ray Ray beat the guy hard at the beginning of the line, and I don't know if he thought he should put his hand up going to the corner, but he was brought through his swirl. So there's a couple of things in that that I think he went to an off schedule and brought through it in rhythm. So those things showed up without a doubt. But also like some of the plays that the guy's made, I mean being able to drop it in over there over that mic to Juwan on that. I think it was a big third down, you know, the second and sixth. It was a big one that we were trying to go deep and they were too deep, and we checked it down to George and who made a bunch of big plays in this game, but he took his eyes off it, tried to get up the field too fast into the chains and dropped one which leads to third and six, and they had real tight coverage on Ba and brought through a perfect low ball away that's really tough to catch. NBA went down and got it. So no, by no means was it perfect. I was very frustrated, but also extremely proud and really pumped it we could to play another week.
Speaker 2: Said what you said to the guys after this game.
Speaker 1: I just told them how proud I was of them, Like they knew the deal. I didn't have to say much. I mean, we knew. That didn't go as clean as we wanted it to. In all three phases. There was at one phase that was just like man, we made that easy. Every phase was all three of the phases. Was a little bit felt like we were keeping both teams in the game, but felt we had to do it at the end. They gave us a couple of chances before that and we didn't get it done, and we got it done there at the end. And the defense was back up who had a couple of times that they had missed stuff and they had to get it done on that last drive, and they got it done when it mattered the most. And so we're sitting here with a win and going to sit here and watch these games. Tomorrow I will find out how we're playing, and so excited to get ready for the next challenge.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys,