Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back in to another episode of the cycle, the third episode of the cycle this week, and we're going to close things out for the week talking about pitching. I'm once again joined by Kelly Kirby and Kelly I believe you are going to go through some pitching streamers in a minute once once we get there. But to start, if you watch the previous video you talked all you heard me talk about sinking your leagues to Fantasy Bros And how useful it is. And we also have our Lineup Assistant to help you set your lineups. So struggling with lineup decisions, our lineup Assisting recommends optimal lineup suggestions to maximize your team's performance each day or week. Just sink your league for tailored guidance based on your roster and league settings. Download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook GAP or visit Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my Playbook to set your winning lineup today. And I will say, even though you know we are fantasy analysts in the industry, I use the Fantasy Pros tools because they are very useful and I am definitely a big proponent of sinking your leagues mostly for what I said before, but just about seeing where players are in your league. And another tool is the picture streaming tool, and that's what we're going to use to talk picture streamers for the upcoming week. And so I will hand it over to you, Kelly, to go through the week and talk about some of your favorite pictures to stream in your leagues, day by day.
Speaker 2: Day by day. Yeah, so there's some interesting ones out here I think this week that I liked. But I'm sure once I tell you them, you'll tell me why it's done and then tell me a different one. But that's okay. I'm used to you by now anyway. So Monday, So on Monday, if you watched the second of our videos, I talked about how Uri Perez is kind of my favorite picture streamer or my favorite wa waiver wear pick up as a kind of why not he gets to face the pirates. So on Monday, I'm going to start him. It's in Pittsburgh. I think it's just a really nice return option. I mean, they have a collective weighted on base average of two eighty five, which is horrible. So yeah, I'm going, what was that?
Speaker 1: So that's not good?
Speaker 2: That is not good for people if you don't know it. So Uri pro is at Pittsburgh Tuesday, I must I think he's he's still healthy from what I've seen. Kyle Harrison is going up against Colorado. Anytime it's in Colorado, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter anymore, It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a just block out what everything you used to know about it, and remember that they are also terrible, and so yeah, I'm gonna stream him. No problem there because they're collective weighted on base everage just two seventy eight, So I think it's like the only one that's lower than Pittsburgh. Yeah, so when in doubt stream against them. On Wednesday, I went with David Festa at home against Texas. I think that one was a little bit like more where everyone either had like all the big dogs had the easiest matchups. So like, you know, I can't recommend you pick up Max Freed or fran Pravelda's So yeah, I would stream Festa just I like his numbers. Texas also has not been good, and I and I like Minnesota at home this time, like this time of year going forward, it still plays a little bit like a pitcher spark, and so I'm good with that one.
Speaker 1: I would say, real, real quick. I don't want to interrupt you, but just for context for the people who aren't as familiar with weighted on basic average and WILBA, that's bad, Like to eighty, two seventy is bad. It's not like batting average, we're like three hundreds really good and like two seventy solid, Like two seventy WHOLBA is bad, really bad, Like I think league average is like three twenty or higher. So it's like a little bit higher scale than batting average, and it's you know, that's really takes into account your quality of contact, and so if you're below three hundred, it's bad. And if you're a two seventy, it's really bad as a team, not just one person, as a team, that's atrocious. Future as you would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, yeah, I almost wrote that down. I was like, I guess apparently I'm stuck on that word today.
Speaker 1: Sorry to interrupt you.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get I think that's good, to remind them that, yeah, I mean this is not bad and average, this is this is collectively they can't do anything as an offense, so sticking with that. Hayden bird Song also gets to face the Rockies on Thursday, and once again, why not, let's do it. He's not rostered in very many leagues, so I am totally good with uh with running him out there. He's at thirty seven percent, oh so a rostered, So I think you're good. Friday, I have Michael Walka at home against the Athletics. He's his numbers don't suck, so he's at like sixty eight and two thirds innings and his ERA is two point eight eight and he has a one point one seven whip and at home. I'm fine. I would not stream him if they were in Sacramento. And then Saturday, I this one, This one was probably my this might be my stretch, but I went with Logan Henderson for Milwaukee at home against the Cardinals. That's a little bit of a Harry prospect. The Cardinals are obviously a better hitting team than the other ones that we've discussed. But I like that he's at home. I like his numbers. I so I'm I'm good with that one. Dustin may is also he's going up against San Francisco and they as a team are still under three hundred in weighted on base average. So those were the two I was kind of going between, even though Shane Smith is just sitting out there. So and then the last one for Sunday. I loved what I saw at a Griffin Cannon in his last start, and he is going to be at home against Tampa Bay, and I think that that's who I would stream out of that day, even though Colin Ray at home versus Pittsburgh looks a little enticing and I'm kidding, yeah, don't pick up.
Speaker 1: I really like, Sorry, I really like Logan Henderson. I don't love the matchup obviously, but he's for me. He's the best picture on this list. It's funny. I was just, you know, we could talk about like sinct leagues. Whenever I use this tool, I put in like our shallow ESPN league to see who's available, and I was looking at Saturday. I was like, why is Zach Gallon available? And I realized, oh, I dropped him. That's why Zach Gallon's available. Like I personally dropped Zach Gallen. That's why he's available. So that surprised me. But if you want to stream Zach Gollen, I wouldn't against the padres, I will say on Saturday, a Lance mc color is against the Twins. I don't hate that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you have a love affair of Palancema Colors going. So I don't like his one point four whip, and I don't think Minnesota is terrible. So I mean, depending on who's healthy by then for them, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, right, Yeah, depends on which way the Iron Buckston wind is blowing that day. Yeah. Sorry, I'm just going through looking at some others, not the second guess you. I just like to look at the list myself. Did you mention Jamison tyone on Thursday against Pittsburgh?
Speaker 2: I did not, but I have. I've liked how he's looked lately, like he keeps popping up on VVR when you look at your like weekly streamers list, So that one looks good too. If the wind, yeah yeah, that's this time at regally start to get little.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good point. Yeah, check the wind on Thursday and see if you want to stream jameson tyone. But that Thursdays is such a small slate that you know he he could be available. All right, we don't have to do anymore. You already nailed the good ones. We can move on. Let's talk about our two star picture competition, and boy, why I hope wheream listens to this because I graded our most recent matchup and he threw out a clunker, so he he gave you some flak when he was out, as he always is, as you're always feeling in for picking up his slack. He criticized you for using Shane Smith. Shane Smith got fifteen point eight points that week. I had Zach Wheeler who dominated you and got forty six point five points, so not even close. What are you gonna do? But this week Worm picked his own player and he did it even worse. Worm picked Jacob de Gram and he got twelve points. So you could argue that you dug deep into the barrel, didn't waste a good pitcher and got someone sixteen points out of Shane Smith. He got twelve points out of Jacob da Gram. I used Garrett Crochet and got forty point nine points. I almost feel like I should get two wins for this week because of how dominating it was. I won't put it on there, but I got the win for that matchup. I'm now winning five to three on the year. As you mentioned in the first video, we next season, we probably just should do all three of us, especially as we rotate on and off, you know, as me and you have surgery and Worm takes vacations. I want to clarify I am kidding about that stuff, because the YouTube comments get like really mad at me. I just like to give Worm a hard time. One person actually said, like he swears that we hate each other, which is it's not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, this is just this is just the language in which we express love for one another. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I did laugh last week because I watched the show. I did laugh. What do you call this, like the surge was surgery triplets or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the surgical trips?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, because we've all three of us have missed time for different procedures. I was out again last week for a various procedure. I'm obviously back now. But Worm is just, you know, taking vacations. Now, what are you gonna do. It's bad enough he's leaving soon to go cover football who knows when, but you know he's to take vacations to come on, stay committed to the show man exactly. So it's a little confusing. So week nine coming up, I see Kelly's picking Worms pick and I was like, where's my pick? I was like, oh, yeah, you filled in for me, so for the current So that was for two weeks ago. For the current week, we don't know who won this one, but you have Joe Ryan, I guess for me, and Worm has Carlos Rodon. Maybe we should just go back and like remove your picks and just tally them all for you and like, if you won, take it away from me and Worm I love to stay, and Worm approves that we'll just like picking up going forward. All right, Stall long enough, tell me your two star pitcher for this week, which maybe is for Worm, maybe it is for you. We'll see. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean this one just jumped out and he hasn't used him yet. So I am going with Chris Sale. He is scheduled to face Milwaukee in Milwaukee and then he gets the Rockies at home. I predict that he's going to have Garrett curschet like scores and it should be good.
Speaker 1: I in turn, am going with Andrew Abbitt, who has just been really really good this year, Like I keep waiting for him to not be good anymore. But everything is checking out. He looks really good. Underlying numbers are backing it up. Like as I said in the first video, like if Andrew Rabbit was breaking out, this is what it would look like. His matchups are at Cleveland and at Detroit, So I don't really love doing two road starts, also against like two pretty good teams. But you know, I'm rolling the dice. I have a healthy lead in the contest. I'm rolling the dice a little bit. Some other names to consider. Not Meryl Kelly, although he's been pitching very well, but his second started against the Padres, so I would not stream Meryl Kelly. Jeffrey Springs has been better and he gets the Angels and Royals. It's not terrible. Yeah yeah, not for the contest. But if you're looking to stream a two star pitcher, that one's not a bad. Brian Bay I wouldn't do because one of those starts against the Yankees. Matthew Boyd been pitching well, but he's got the phillies for one of those starts to do anybody else boobitch one starts against Yankees, don't want that. I want no part of Clinton Kershaw. Freddy Parlt's got two starts, but it's Braves Cardinals, so I like to not the best matchups there. I don't trust Wie Matthews for his two starts. Oh I thought Zach Wheeler got two starts, but he doesn't. Paveta but he's got Dodgers Diamondbacks, Logan Gilbert but he's just coming back from the i L and he's got Diamondbacks Guardians. Staying away from that, I think we picked the two best ones. I don't think there's a many other options. There's Mackenzie Gore, Mets Marlins. I don't hate that one.
Speaker 2: I don't hate that one at all.
Speaker 1: So that might be number three. But in terms of like I'm looking for other like streaming ones. You mentioned who was on your list on Sunday, Gryffin Canning. So if it's a weekly league, I lost my spot on the sheet here. If it's a weekly league and you have to start Griffin Canning, you can get him for two starts, with the first start being on Tuesday against the Nationals, So that's also not terrible. If you want to stream a two star pitcher Griffin Canning, that might be the top streamer if he's available on which he is in almost seventy percent leaks. All right, let's wrap things up with some weekend excitement, a segment that Worm forces us to do, and I'll go first. We have the Belmont Steaks. I'm not a huge horse racing guy, but now that I work for betting pros, I have to be. And so I'll be doing a lot of Belmont Stakes work the next few days and I'll probably watch it on Saturday as well. And then also, I wrote in the sheet Red Sox versus the Yankees, I guess as a Red Sox fan, I will watch the series, but it's kind of stinks, and the Yankees are really good in the Red Sox are not so. But you know, we can enjoy every weekend as much as we can that we have baseball, So yes, I don't take it for granted. How about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of in the same other sport focus. My oilers are in the Stanley Cup and they won an overtime last night and big win.
Speaker 1: I watched it. Look at me watching hockey.
Speaker 2: Wow in dramatic fashion. So yeah, I if you check out our live stream, we have an NHL live stream Betting NHL live stream on Tuesdays and Fridays at three pm Eastern. I famously am among the seventeen people that I know have checked it out. I predicted us a four game series, so I'm cocky and I think that's a great place to be. But also on Twitch, right, yeah, it's on twitch.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that Twitch dot Tv slash.
Speaker 2: Lashed Fantasy Pros. And then other than that, I'm WNBAMLB. I've got the two stacked TVs in the living room. If it even pretends like it might rain, that's where I'll end up. And even if it doesn't. Sometimes in the sunshine, I'm just like, it's really nice to look out the window. I don't have to be out in it. I'm going to watch baseball. So that's my weekend excitement.
Speaker 1: Sweet. I find myself watching the w NBA schedule a lot just because I want to bet the games now. So yeah, even though I don't know a time about the WNBA, I just do bet the math. So I get really annoyed when there's a random Wednesday of no WNBA games, and what the heck are we doing here? Girls? Come on? I want some games, all right, anything else before we close it out?
Speaker 2: I am I think I was good. This has been fun, all right.
Speaker 1: I'll be at the digit to that.
Speaker 2: Well, I was lying whatever.
Speaker 1: I was really salty at the end of this. So hopefully, hopefully people appreciate my humor and they don't get mad at me in the comments anymore. But uh, I am who I am, We are who we are? All right, that'll do it. Let's shut it down for Kelly Kirby. I'm Mike Mayor. This has been the cycle, and thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB