Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly.
Speaker 3: That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 4: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans. See DKG, dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm shinning Sharp and I'm a road sponsor. Do you want hotter, more spontaneous sex Roast Sparks can help. Sparks offer dual action prescription treatment that's given men stronger and harder erections. Road Sparks works faster than other treatments because they're dissolved under the tungue and go directly to the blood stream.
Speaker 2: Why does that matter, Because now, when the mood is right, he'll be ready, nor more waiting for that pill to kick in. Plus, road Sparks stays active in your system for up to thirty six hours. But when you get around, hey whoo, You'll get hard without waiting. With Rose Sparks, guys can get more confidence in being, more satisfaction for their partners, and more control when it's sexy time. Road connects guys with a medical provider one hundred percent online. There is no awkward conversation with an in person doctor if approved treatment shifts directly to the door to find out a prescription for Roe Sparks are right for you. Connect with a provider at ROW dot co slash nightcap u r L that's r O dot c slash nightcap.
Speaker 3: Compounded drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but are not FDA approved. For full safety information, visit r O dot co slash info.
Speaker 2: Y'all going to hit that link. Y'all going to hit that link now. You ain't gotta wait. You know when you ready? It's ready. That's that's the that's the number one rule of thuff. Ain't nothing worse, Oh Joe, then you being ready it it ain't ready.
Speaker 3: But that's a bad feed. It is, man, man, but you going.
Speaker 2: To Oh but it won't be long now, it won't be long. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for Jordan for another episode of CAP. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five, The Rock Runner Extraordinary, the Binga Ring of Fame, Artery, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro Liberty Cities own Samo Junior College all the way from Oregon State to the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Y'all knowing Ocho Sinko.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that Please make sure you subscribe and hit that light button.
Speaker 3: We would greatly greatly appreciate that. Guys.
Speaker 2: We gotta go and get this thing up. It We need to get start the ticket towards two million. I mean, I know, we took some time off and y'all guys missed us and were back. We back a little bit earlier than we anticipated. But gonna hit that subscribe button till a family friend loved one. Hey man, y'all need to subscribe to Uncle Ocho. Man, they be going off on this thing. Guys, do us a favor. Make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and every podcast subscriber counts. And thank you guys for helping us get some of these planks that you see behind me. Make you check out my shade by Laportier. We're taking orders. We have it in stock and if you can't find it in a state or sitting near you, hit the link.
Speaker 3: And guess what we'll shipping right to your door.
Speaker 2: Please go follow my media company page on all platforms shay Shape Media and my clothing Company eighty four.
Speaker 3: The link is pinned at the top of the chat.
Speaker 2: Everything is currently twenty percent off right now, So Harry Up does pined at the top of the chat, go in and get your merchandise, all right, don't Joe get right into it. During the Olympics, Dennis Shrewder discussed the distinction between Europepen and American game. He said the farmer is he said, the farmer, which is European, is straight IQ basketball, while the latter emphasizes entertainment more. The comment clearly caught the attention of one Kevin Durant, who shared a photo of the gold medal celebration in caption entertainment and IQ. Shrewder addressed the comments during the Twist stream and said, Katie is being weak for his reaction. You're the type of star that you have to say something to a person like me who's not even meant it to be negative. It was just I see it from both sides, and you know what I'm saying. I didn't appreciate it. I don't care. But at the end of the day, that tweet or whatever he posted was because of me. For me, it was it was never no negative stuff. I respect all guys, all goes, but to say to tell me how weak he is as a person.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't I will see it. This week listen, true To madea true To made a comment. He says, NBA basketball here is all about entertainment in NBA basketball where he's from in that.
Speaker 3: Area, European basketball, Europeing.
Speaker 5: Basketball is all IQ. To play in the NBA, you have to have some type of IQ. You have to not only least skill set, you have to have an IQ to play the game of basketball, whether you're playing in Europe, whether you're playing in America, no matter where you plan, you have to have an extensive IQ. Now you have some you have some players who's IQ is much better than much much better than others. Lebron Jacoby's, You're Michael Jordan's who see the floor a little different than everybody else. But I mean, it's a comment like that is unnecessary. It's unnecessary. It's something like that. That's something you can probably keep to yourself, and then when you do ste it out publicly, when you say something publicly, you have to be willing to take the criticism that comes with it from a player one of the best, I might add that he's in the entertainment side of basketball, as you so called it, who also has an IQ for the game. So I mean listen, you got to you got to be able to take the criticism when you say something publicly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the simple fact that if he makes it seem like the American game is all about entertainment, that these guys don't have high basketball IQ and like you say, you have to have a certain level of basketball like you. But just like any sports, there are certain great players that have a higher level of the IQ.
Speaker 3: But to say, your guys are i Q.
Speaker 2: And it's not and it's not entertaining, and this is entertaining and not basketball IQ. I'm surprised more guys than didn't didn't respond. But true to you, Look, you're entitled to your opinion, but you can't be upseting if somebody gives you their opinion back. So he just captures like, oh, okay, this is entertained, entertainment and IQ.
Speaker 5: And to each his own he had, he has an opinion. I don't agree with his opinion. To play any sport, whether it's basketball, football, hockey, whatever it may be, especially even even individual sports, it turns it takes a certain level of i Q to be great at those to be able to get at any level.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just it makes sense to him, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: What if what is pro sports entertainment?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it comes down to at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: And the more entertaining you are, guess what, the more money you make.
Speaker 3: And the thing was, look at the Spurs.
Speaker 2: The Spurs had a great dynasty with Duncan and Gennobili and Parker, but they was boring as hell. They played great basketball hot by Basketball IQ.
Speaker 3: But ain't nobody.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody breaking down the door trying to go see Jersey. She's all there.
Speaker 3: She like the Spurs, the Cowboys, TC. She like all that bullgye.
Speaker 2: But they broccoli And look, they won five championship, probably should have had six had ray Alla not hit that shot. Tim Duncan would have been perfect six and zero. But they were boring. They weren't entertaining. There's a reason why the Lakers got the showtime Showtime Lakers. Yeah, that's and people flooded to go see those guys play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a reason why you know.
Speaker 2: Steph Curry because he's entertaining. Jordan that were entertaining. So there's levels. Yes, I believe you could have both. But to say the biggest difference, No, they play a game, you guys have been playing. So let's just say, okay, for if lebron kd Isteath had been playing together like Shrewd and those guys, or like the Serbian team, or like the French national team, had they been playing together for years, y'all never beat them. Now they got together a month. You guys been playing together for ten.
Speaker 3: Five, six, seven, eight, ten years.
Speaker 2: They got together one month, So let them play together for ten years. So let this up and coming guys, these up and comers play together for ten years.
Speaker 3: Y'all never beat them, nah at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not sure why he said it.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's something he believes, maybe some of the players he's been surrounded by in the NBA it makes him feel that way, and thinking that the players that he plays with in Germany have a higher IQ than them.
Speaker 1: But when you say it like that.
Speaker 5: And it speaks for everybody, and because he didn't put a name on anything, and it just didn't make.
Speaker 2: Sense to me, let me ask your question. People gonna say, well, how much IQ you got? You turned down eighty minutes to sign for five million a year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember that, I remember that.
Speaker 2: So they say, well, how much, how much IQ goes into that You turned down a four year, eighty million dollar deal to sign league minimum deals?
Speaker 3: Not moving forward?
Speaker 5: Dan, that's that's not that's not a good one right there. And I asked you that I just talked about that not a few episodes ago out. I asked you, do you think that opportunity of money itself will.
Speaker 2: Be Oh no, no, he ain't getting nothing to be available again. Nah, we ain't getting that money no more. Hm mm hmm. That's why after you get to a certain a jojo, you have to be very very careful. Like when I was younger, I could take risk because I'm twenty three, I'm twenty five, But at fifty six, I need something a little bit more. Instead of trying to get hitting home runs, I'll set up for singles because the likelihood of me being able to make up at my age what I've lost isn't very good. So when you like twenty five, you see guys go bro that's like man, I went broke. I was twenty five, thirty. You get a chance to break that up. You get a chance to recoup that. Yes, you go broke in fifty six, it's gonna be hard you go broke in sixty oh, Jo, It's hard.
Speaker 3: To recoup that to make that up again.
Speaker 2: So that's why I tell guys, hey, yuays, you got to just be hey everything, you know, sometimes it's not meant Everybody ain't meant to be. I know, everybody want to get in the ground floor a Google or Netflix or some of you know, you know, some of these other big companies an Uber, Ring, door Dash, but everybody, everybody, because for everyone that somebody gets seeing they done got got into a couple, then ain't do nothing. Yeah, And that's just the way, just the way it works. But you know, hey, Kad clearly didn't take kind of that.
Speaker 3: Kate.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, bro, I play the game. I'm entertaining, and I played the game very IQ.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, so eat it.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure other other players so well they just chose not to respond.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We ain't paying that, no man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean look, Trud, I mean you gotta expect that when you say something like that, somebody gonna probably take offense to what you said. But here's the thing. Intent, And this is what I tell people about intent. Right, It's like I remember my professor doctor well she asked us in class. He said, what's the difference between murder and manslaughter? And you know, as like you know, and he's like, he gave us this turn. He said intent, he said manslaughter, And you know, there is no intent murder. There's malice, there's forethought, there's intent premeditation, he said, But intent only matters to the defendant. The victim is just as dead. So whether he intended it to be offensive or not, Katie took it that way, Well, I said, this man, that wasn't my intention. Well, you're tension. That only mattered to you. But the person that you said it to was equally was still offended by what you said. So whether you intended it to be that way or not, intent only matters to you because the person is still offended by what you said. So, hey, lesson learning, shrewd. I'm sure they'll see each other. I mean, what're shrewter that last year Toronto? But he got traded, He got the Brooklyn, the Brooklyn got you, So I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Look, they gonna cross pass. I'm sure that.
Speaker 2: Hey, one thing I know about KDK ain't got no problem. Hey he with the raptors. Oh, I'm sure he doesn't have a problem, they'll address it move forward. Oh Joe Carmelo Anthony says he would not trade his Olympic gold medal for an NBA ring. Melo said, when we talk about global sports, for me, medals means something totally different than the NBA Championship. They both have their own separate meanings. But winning a gold medal is the passion, it's the pride that you have not just or a city or a state, but for a.
Speaker 3: Whole nation, a whole country.
Speaker 2: You're winning for three gold medals, four medals for me is bigger than an NBA championship because I understand the impact of it. Not everybody wins a gold medal, not everybody wins a silver or bronze.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's your take on you know.
Speaker 5: With the way you and Steven A and the other basketball enthusiasts and basketball heads talk about the importance of having a championship and getting that monkey off your back, it would make it It would make it seem to me that it's more important to have a championship ring because that's how you're evaluated. When we talk about some of the greatest of all time, when we talk about the goat conversation. I mean, not a great phenomenal player, but the goat conversation. You know, it's rings and how many times you've been there, how many chances you had to actually win win. I think there's a difference in the gold medals in the championships. Now we talk about the sport of basketball. I'm not sure how you view it, but he views it in in this manner. Now, I think asking you were talking to a stephen A Smith, they might view it in a completely different manner. I think there's an importance in both and representing your country, but I think the difficulty of winning a championship is a little different because you're playing against the best of the best, as opposed to the Olympics, where you're coupled all together with the best players from the NBA against Excuse me, I don't mean to be disrespectful. I don't want to say inferior opponents, opponents that are not as good collectively as us.
Speaker 1: Did I say that right without being disrespectful?
Speaker 3: You did? Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's either for Melo to say that because he doesn't have an NBA title. People ask me all the time, Shannon, would you when would you rather have a Super Bowl ring or Hall of Fame ring? I said, well, like glad, I don't have to make that decision because I have them both both. Right, It's easy to say when you don't have something for me. I don't think we judge any player. I've never heard someone rank somebody ahead of someone else because they had an Olympic gold medal. Now I could be wrong, chat y'all correct men from wrong, but I didn't say. They didn't say, well, we're gonna put this person over that person because he has a gold medal, or we're gonna put this person below that person because he has a bronze or silver and the other person has a goal. Championships is what it's about. That's what you played for. That's ultimate how we're judged. Charles Barkley would be ranked a lot higher had he had a title. He got gold medals, but ain't nobody putting him in front of Duncan and all those other guys, because why Duncan has a title, has multiple titles.
Speaker 3: So I mean, look, he can feel that way.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Look that's the way he feels. But it's easy to say that when that's your only option, O, Joe, Man, what you eat to night?
Speaker 3: Chicken? Well, man, I love chicken.
Speaker 2: What that's all you got? You ain't got no state, right, you don't got turkey, you don't have anything. You don't have fish. So if that's your only option, what are you supposed to say? What is the what's the choice between? Because we're dealing with a hypothetical. He wouldn't trade because it's impossible to trade.
Speaker 5: When you think that's you think if he did have one, he would still feel the same way.
Speaker 2: No, because he oh Joe, if that was the case, why he drive? Why he joined Lebron He tried to win a title? He joined Russ in Oklahoma City, trying to win a title. He tried, He joined Dane in CJ in Portland. He wasn't trying to win no gold medal. What was he trying to do win a title? If it wasn't that important because he had accomplished everything. He already had gold medals, already had three of them. When he bounced the boom boom boom, boom boom. What was that about?
Speaker 5: I think Muscoll trying to solidify, you know, to solidify that legacy. That to me, it's already cemented, and he is a legend in his own right regardless, even without the.
Speaker 2: Ring first ballot Hall of Famer, we're not even questioning that it's one of the great scores of all time.
Speaker 3: There's no debating, we're not trying to debate.
Speaker 2: But I just think the thing is when guys, when guys say, well, I'd rather have this and I have that, when that's your only option.
Speaker 1: It's easy to say, Okay, I see what you mean. I see what you mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, oh yo.
Speaker 2: Probably if I had, if all I had was a Hall of Fame ring, I would probably say, you're a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I'd rather be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: There are fewer of us, but I don't know anybody that actually goes into the game and says I'm planning to get into the Hall of Fame. You hear guy says I want to win the title. I want the CONFEDDERI to rain down on me and our colors. I want to hear we are the champions playing in the backdrop.
Speaker 3: I didn't eve think about it. I didn't even know anything about.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Fame until Mark Kinsler told me he and Woody Page started talking to me in nineteen ninety seven. I had no idea that I was even conde, that could even be a possible, Ye, right, But.
Speaker 3: I know about them Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: I know being in the AFC Championship Game in ninety one and losing ten seven of Buffalo and being that close, and he's seeing the dejection on the guys in the locker room afterwards, realizing you're that close. You're that close. Yeah, look, yeah, the Hall of Fame is great. You're in a very very elite company. You see, o Cho They sent me a cup. Can you see that? Yeah, that's my number. I'm number two sixty seven. I'm the two hundred and sixty seventh member in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got me a cup too. You know my cups, say one one of the one that said it's just me.
Speaker 3: But o Choe.
Speaker 2: That journey, yes, sir, that I went on with those guys to go on the road and play Kansas City, to go on the road and play Pittsburgh in Old three Rivers, and when I was in Baltimore, to go on the road and beat Tennessee, and go on the road and beat Oakland.
Speaker 3: Hang gonna lie. I loved the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I love going back and seeing all the greats and CNLT and see buckets and see some of the greats that are passed on. Nothing replace that, bro ain't can't nothing. Nothing replaced that, Donna. Let anybody tell you different. There's there's something about because that's what I wanted. I wanted to win a championship. I wanted to make a Pro Bowl. I wanted to be an All Pro, and I wanted to be a win a championship. Now, I didn't know how long I was gonna play. I played a lot long. I was like, hey, if I get me a year, hey, obviously you can't do all that in the year. I'm a seventh the round draft pick, I said. But now, all of a sudden, I got five years. And in five years, I got a first team All Pro, I got three Pro Bowl selections.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm going now let me see if I can get a Super Bowl? How good can we get to get a super Bowl? We got a super Bowl? Now, on Joe, you can't hit me and asked with a red apple, Cause I got super I got like six Pro Bowls.
Speaker 3: I got like.
Speaker 2: Three first team All Pro or the second team All Pro, not what and to go on that journey to see what goes into it. All that hard work that you did that summer, all that lifted, all that eating, denying yourself for me, Now there are maybe some people might feel just like mellow Fields, say, hey, I'd rather have a Gold medal that an NBA title. I would rather be in the Hall of Fame than have an NFL Super Bowl or a World Series ring or whatever. But I just don't know who gets in a professional sport and says my objective is to win the Hall of Fame, You'll be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody. I don't think anybody. I mean because of your play, because of your stellar play throughout numerous years of consistent elite play. I mean, it's just it's it's just warrant it.
Speaker 2: That's what happens, you know, because at the Hall of Fame, ohoe, somebody else determines your validation. You got fifty minion women, that's voting. Ain't nobody voting for no titles. You got to go through. You gotta run the gauntment and sometimes you have to beat sometimes, Hey, something, there are some people that win a title and you're the favorite, But to go on the road as the underdog, that's just me, Like, hey, chat out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you guys think. That's just me.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, Mellow might sincerely feel that way, and hey, I don't begrudge him, But I just don't know if if the Hall of Fame, if the if rings, especially in basketball now, when we're talking about sprinters, gold medals mean something. When we're talking when we're talking about track and field, we're talking about swimming, that means something.
Speaker 3: We're talking about individual events. But I don't. I just don't. I've never heard.
Speaker 2: And maybe because pros weren't going when I grew up. But even then, I ain't nobody saying, well, oh, because Jordan got a gold medal, he's the greatest.
Speaker 3: They don't even they don't in fact that end right Kobe?
Speaker 2: If so noo, If Kobe didn't have a gold medal, if Kobe didn't play that war, what the one year we're gonna look at Kobe.
Speaker 3: Different, Not at all.
Speaker 1: We're not a little different.
Speaker 3: We don't look at we don't look at shaking Shaq got a gold medal.
Speaker 2: Shack says he was so upset that how how they did it about not playing him a whole bunch that He's like, I'll throw it through. I think I threw my gold medal away. I don't know if that's true or not. But are we down? So if Shaq didn't have a gold medal, are we gonna down it? No?
Speaker 3: Hell or not?
Speaker 1: So shit, we can't.
Speaker 5: We can't even down Mellow because Mellow was one of the greatest even with that, he was without even without the championship ring.
Speaker 1: But again, when it comes to the conversations of some of.
Speaker 5: The best all time, again the Goat conversation, it's just it's people get left out of that conversation because they weren't able to win a ring, like you said, Berkley. So kind of unfair though, honestly, because sometimes that's stuff like that is out of control. You know, if you're playing an individual sport, I understand, but but you're playing a team game. You're playing a team game where you're trying you can to get to win an NBA championship, and sometimes things just don't go your way.
Speaker 2: I just I love, but I don't allow with your Yeah, I ain't did all idea to get to the Hall of Fame. I'm trying to win a championship because that's because that's really someone else voting.
Speaker 3: I really could control. I play good.
Speaker 2: I greatly increase with my chance of helping my team win because that's what I'm there for. Guys, I see every day putting into work, just like you and I going to work, meeting, preparing to doing all we can.
Speaker 3: Man, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Even after I'm like, man, okay, I've done pretty good at this point, it's still hurt. I ain't thinking about Man, I'm going to the Hall of Fame. Even when Mike would address me our Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Now, don't do me no good.
Speaker 2: We lost, right, we lost. Losing always hurt me, ojo It bothered me. It still does. That's why I don't do a whole lot of stuff, because I don't like to lose. I'm a sore loser, but I'm a worst winner. I'm care I'm a worst winner, O Joe.
Speaker 5: For sure, I had I had to to mask losing, and is it deal with it by being entertaining? Yeah, you gotta think. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if anybody can look it up real quick in the chat. Can you tell me how many winning seasons we had during my tenure in Cincinnati? So when we weren't winning, I had to find other ways to cope with the fact that I'm not sure how this game is going to go. But what I am going to do for the people that came to watch is they gonna get their goddamn money's worth. Yeah, do everything I can possibly do in my power to make sure it's entertaining week in and week out. I don't get I don't care what our record look like. You finna get a goddamn shore.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that, oh Joe Jeff Bezos, one of the world's richest man of my dog now the team now after winning the title? That what's the name gross Beck grossback plan to sell the team. The NBA wants to sell. Price to be six billion. According to Bill Simmons, they don't own their arena. It's a crazy that's a crazy price for somebody that don't owned the arena.
Speaker 3: But they're probably going to get it. Why six billion?
Speaker 2: The league wants to establish a price which the sale as a precursor to the expansion. According to Simmons. They wanted to be six billion apiece and expansion fees for teams in Seattle in Las Vegas, which means a check four hundred million for every NBA own them all thirty I like that.
Speaker 5: Now listen and does anybody that can do it? It would be Jeff Bezos. Then Jeff has any background or knowledge in the game of basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.
Speaker 5: If he doesn't, I'm sure he has a team of people that can consult him on whether this is a good decision or not. Jeff Bezos a businessman who thinks long term. How does this affect him long term? And whatever his end goal might be his five year plan, is, ten year plan, whatever it may be, it might be something good that he can think about doing. And do you want to actually own the basketball team understanding all that it comes with, all that it entails, not that you're gonna be hands on because you have a team of people that are going to do everything. Matter of fact, hell, we could have had Jeff on the night. You should have told me this was part of this is part of the topic. I could I could have hadn't you know.
Speaker 1: Call in? We could have did this via zoom, asking myself.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he didn't buy one of the hadn't got a football team. The Commanders came available, the Walton Penners purchased the Broncos. Football teams come available a little less often than baseball than basketball teams. But when you got that kind of money, he's probably worth one hundred and sixty one hundred and sixty one, one hundred and forty hundred and sixty billion dollars.
Speaker 3: What's six billion to him?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Excuse my language, exactly nothing.
Speaker 2: And that point in time is just that you know, you're like, okay, I got all this money, but it's like, you know, hey, let me let me own the professional let me on the sports ted.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's those.
Speaker 5: People, elite, the elite one percent that had that kind of money. They're very strategic and the decision they make, if it's not about making more money, they're not doing it.
Speaker 1: They're not doing it.
Speaker 3: Or you're not losing money with a professional team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course you're not losing money, but it is it's something that you're passionate about. At times, there has to be something that they're passionate about that they know that's going to recoup whatever you put into it.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, yes, sir, When you that, when you got that kind of money, you just like to own the whole. That's why they buy forty million dollar dinosaurs. Why the hell you buying forty million dollars worth of dinosaur bones? Or you buying a paying five hundred million for a painting to hang on your wall, or you got a billion dollar yacht.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like the own ish. Yeah, would you got that? Oho?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do with all that money? You can't take it with you, so why not enjoy it? By Okay, I want to own I want to own this. I want to Stan Krokey. He owns the Rams, he owns the Nuggets, he owned the Avalanche, he owned a soccer team.
Speaker 1: Hey stand smooth as hell boy.
Speaker 2: So at some point in time, Oho, it's just not like I'm the world. I got one hundred billion, I got two hundred billion, okay, and what back? So now, let me get a sports franchise, Let me get an NFL team, a MLB or basketball, let me get a soccer team.
Speaker 1: I got his hand in a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: So, uh, he has the money, obviously, Uh boy, that's a steep price and for who? But what what what happened?
Speaker 3: Ohoe? It's when the NBA forced Donald Sterling.
Speaker 2: To sell the Clippers. Yes, sir, and Steve Bomber wanted to own that team so bad. If I'm not mistaken, Sacramento had just sold for like four hundred million.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it, looking me talking about that's it? Like I got four hundred million.
Speaker 3: He paid five times?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: What the highest bid?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, had ever been so French? Had it ever been so for her? He paid five thirty Okay, he turns around and pays two point two billion.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you see how Steve is.
Speaker 5: You see how passionate he is about basketball, how passionate is about the game like that.
Speaker 1: I just don't see Jeff. Jeff ain't like that. I don't see him as now.
Speaker 2: He's a little bit more. He's a little bit more. I've been around him a couple of times, poking with him. I don't know him, but I've been around him a couple of times. He's quiet, but he'll he'll talk like he likes fall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd have met just a few times, you know, with Roger Gazelle, you know, I said, with the suite, I talked to him for a little bit like nothing like that. So I've had we crossed past a few times, and a normal dude, if you didn't know who he.
Speaker 2: Was, you walk right by No, no, no, no, you're.
Speaker 1: Right right byan and you wouldn't think not of it.
Speaker 3: No, you're you're absolutely you're you're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Very I met him and his brother at an event for as a matter of fact, with the NFL. But yeah, I mean, if they if that's what they if that's what they're going for, hey you want it? Oh yoall yeah. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's why I hate when people ask when I hate when certain people talk about I know my worth and I know my value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, of course you do.
Speaker 5: But who's willing to pay for it? That's the problem and that's the issue.
Speaker 2: Uh It says his net worth, Jeff bezos networth is worth He's worth one hundred and ninety six billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are, we are, yes, we are.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ninety six billion.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you notice I said we. You know, I work for Amazon to now.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ninety six billion. Man, what kind of.
Speaker 1: That's a lot? What you do with that?
Speaker 5: Just hypothetically speaking, if you had one hundred ninety six billion right now, what you do with that?
Speaker 2: I know Black colleges ain't gonna be ain't gonna be suffering no more. Yeah, I know I know that for certain Like I know my community. There's gonna be a lot of outreach programs in my community. My community is gonna be a lot better, a lot better shape than what we're in right now.
Speaker 3: I can bet you that. Now.
Speaker 2: I might be worth one hundred and ninety six billion today, but when I die, I ain't gonna be worth.
Speaker 3: A hundred ninety six billion. Ain't lie. I'm not gonna lie. Yeah, I'm not. Yeah, don't don't.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna And I'm not gonna leave all that money to my I'm gonna leave them enough to do something, but not enough where.
Speaker 3: They ain't got to do nothing, right.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, Savannah State gonna be Savannah State, gonna be well well lofed, and then.
Speaker 3: I will trickle that down to it.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably one hundred and twenty five hundred and fifty other college black colleges.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're gonna be straight. My community, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gona be good the hell. Yeah, one hundred and ninety six million.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking for one, First, off, my kids and those I have kids from everybody, good.
Speaker 1: I'm taking care of that.
Speaker 5: I'm taking care of home first, a nucleus that that's very important to me. Obviously, my mom and my mom and my grandma are going, my brothers, make sure they're good schools. Fam you obviously you know how much I love fam you. Yeah, Oregon State.
Speaker 1: Got to get back.
Speaker 5: To Oregon State, even though I was only there for four months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my immediate close friends, and it ain't that many.
Speaker 5: It's probably it's probably eight of us I'm talking about close, and make sure they good. Um, there's some other other entities that I that I enjoy, that I support charities. I'm going to pour into them as well. And that's That's that's all I can think of right now. Yeah, I'm sure it's more. I'm just hypothetically speaking right now off the top of my head. Some of the things that things, things I would do. But yeah, well, I ain't gonna be too crazy though.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give me a new smart car.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to. I don't want know. Uh, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care know about no cars. I got enough cars. I don't have all the cars. If I don't get another car, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm good with it. I'm good on cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I tell you what.
Speaker 3: The Battle States broke a Nick Saban coming out of retirement.
Speaker 1: Gonna listen and ni money. Listen. But fam, you're gonna be a power five school when I'm done.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're gonna be coaching. That's a battle the n I l oh.
Speaker 1: Y'all want a battle?
Speaker 5: Who won a battle? Come on down here to tallahass and now I got yes, sir, being a stimulus package.
Speaker 3: Savetter State.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have number five stars. We ain't got number five stars. Football and basketball. Hey, bracket field girls basketball, Oh the next juju walking preace backers.
Speaker 3: Come on down to Battle State. I like it.
Speaker 2: Come on, get this to gone and get this hey. I would play y'all more than that. Y'all gonna make going to the w NBA. Come on down here and get this money. Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I like it. Man, that ain't right, It is right.
Speaker 2: It ain't wrong either, So I'll just tell you what if I had that, buddy, I'm taking care of black colleges at my community.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna build this thing up, Yes, for sure.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking chain na change Liberty City, NA change it the name of Liberty City and call up call it O Show's world, by everybody, by all back, by all, by all, by all the buildings up, by all Wynwood back. Yeah, because you know, everything of them came in and brought up all all the stuff, all the people out, and to push all my people out, bring them, bring them on back home so we can we can have our wonderful, beautiful city back.
Speaker 2: Man. I gotta buy franchise. Get we got about getting bout five, four or five of us. We're gonna get us a franchise. We go with a football team, a basketball team, damn. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I just want one all black.
Speaker 3: But we're all black owners, yeah, majority owners. Yep. And I don't even want to be the face of it. I just want us.
Speaker 1: Line.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be one hundred and ninety six billion. I mean, just hey, pathetic speaking. I asked Mike Brown, and I asked Mike Brown and said.
Speaker 3: With the team he's feeling it.
Speaker 5: I know, I mean, and I mean that in a respectful way, and I like the way they run things, but I just want to be on it.
Speaker 1: If I was to be an owner, either I.
Speaker 5: Asked Stephen Ross, Stephen Ross to send me the Dolphins or Mike Brown to sell.
Speaker 3: Me, you got a better chance.
Speaker 2: You got a better chance because Stephen Ross doesn't have the attachment to the Dolphins like Mike Brown has to the beanis right.
Speaker 3: You gotta realize Mike Brown dad founded the.
Speaker 2: Banesses, so there's a little bit there's a little bit more attachment to it. It's kind of like the mccaskey's and the Bears. There's a little bit more attachment of the Kansas City Hunt. Lamar Hunt founded Kansas City, Clark Hunt and his brothers. They're not getting off that that's a family business. So you're probably gonna have to have somebody, oh cho that that purchased the team that doesn't have the same attachment, the family attachment, the family connection to it.
Speaker 3: Now, Jerry ain't ever getting rid of.
Speaker 2: The Cowboy, so I don't listen, and they just had a ten billion dollar evaluation, But you're probably gonna have to find somebody that doesn't have the family attachment. Uh, the Titans, you're not getting them. Amy Adams skunk the name abud Adam's daughter. Yeah, he founded that, he founded the Houston Hatler. You're not getting that from her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going too far now, snatic one of the other. So if it's.
Speaker 2: Madunk, he trunk, drunk strunk Amy Adams Trump. So like I said, you know, oh Joe, like, uh, you probably like the Wilsons because they saw it.
Speaker 3: Because a lot of times you got these on them because the.
Speaker 2: Or that the death tax was so great that the owner would die and the family would have to like it's gonna take forty five of it, so you had to sell it. Dang.
Speaker 5: Yeah he could You imagine if I owner and magic is I about owning the Dolphins? Like, think about that. I'd be the first owner that on the team and play I mike me, don I don't give, but I don't give. If it's one play, put me in the game.
Speaker 3: This man would have go out there. You got all that money, want to go out there. You have in the game.
Speaker 5: Hey, put me in again, you know, put me listen, one play. I ain't I ain't got to do much as I'll tell you what they playing play at Coche. Gim everything.
Speaker 2: I'm closing down Madge City for the whole week. Ain't nobody come.
Speaker 3: In there with me?
Speaker 1: What about the women?
Speaker 3: That's who I want to see? Ain't no other to do it?
Speaker 1: You can't, you can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: I got don't tell me what I can and can't do. I got them all over the whole week. Hey, buddy, private that's funny, or a private eving?
Speaker 3: Oh shoke? Matter fact, we can have.
Speaker 1: A private event. And when when you when you fly to Atlanta?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 1: When? Okay, I'm I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm gona leave tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: I leave to morrow. What you going down there early?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 1: What you mean? What do you mean I'm going? I got it?
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't only being at Atlanta like that. So I'm just trying to get myself acclimated.
Speaker 3: But Rail ain't gonna be there. No, we Rail get there.
Speaker 1: Two. I don't think she coming. She got Oh okay, she got to take care of oh.
Speaker 2: Zion Williams apparent weight lost draws attention on social media. Zion was posting with the kids attending in his basketball camp in Spartanburg, South Carolina, and looked noticeably thinner. He has reportedly lost twenty five pounds since December. Zion reportedly he's currently at two hundred and eighty one pounds less than what he weighed due to eighty five, and intends to be two seventy two when the NBA regular season begins.
Speaker 3: He was listed at two eighty four last season.
Speaker 2: So if he was two eighty four last season and he lost twenty five pounds, so how much was he?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's two.
Speaker 5: Eighty one right there we're looking at He looks small as hell? How tall is How tall as I am?
Speaker 3: Like sixty six?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, back like Jordan Hype. Hey, listen, the smaller, the smaller he get, the better.
Speaker 3: One on his knees, on his ankles and his hips. Yet, Yeah, and that's a lot of force going up and.
Speaker 1: Down most definitely listen.
Speaker 5: And the smaller he gets thinking about the more explosion, how much better he'll feel about himself, you know, being able to move latterly taking people off the dribble. Listen, he can already do it anyway, but even if you're losing your even if he's losing his.
Speaker 1: Weight, he's not gonna lose his strength.
Speaker 3: No, Oh man, he can be he can be heat. You can't even lose no weight no more any time somebody lose weight. Oh he on that zimpitt.
Speaker 1: No you can't wait. You can't take THOSEMP then ain't that illegal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But legal for what? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you don't want to do that playing those sport man, that's that's too much because you be out there.
Speaker 5: Nah, you'd be had to doing what I'm ozimbic. I'm sure it would affect you in a different way outside of losing weight.
Speaker 1: No, you do what I think you were still having his strength and all that that bounce and all that would be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Should what it does It curves your appetite and you uh, you know your sugar, so which process in turns the fat?
Speaker 1: Okay, So how does people lose weight so fast? Though?
Speaker 3: Because it curves your appetite, you don't.
Speaker 1: Eat, No, it ain't. Now, there's more to it than that.
Speaker 5: Nah, I done seen some people back damn near four hundred pounds in two weeks, stay about one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: That's more than just not eating well.
Speaker 3: That's crack. That ain't no exibit, that's.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: And sometimes certain people, some people are just meant to be of size. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say big. Yeah, some people are meant to be upside because when they lose weight, they just don't they don't look right.
Speaker 1: They don't look right.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to have a little a low, a little meat, You're supposed to be a little, a little.
Speaker 1: Curvy, and it just at times, it's just it just doesn't look right. You know, you're weight on you.
Speaker 3: They talked about it. You give you diarrhel what stop? Won't be eating?
Speaker 2: I eat the wrong thing right now, I get diar real. That ain't on no zhibit. You're gonna try it on Joe Taff.
Speaker 5: But you don't see how big got in. God, let me tell my camera down a little bit. I know you probably you probably can't see you see how I'm filling in.
Speaker 1: I'm a I'm all, I'm all, I'm all yoked up right now.
Speaker 5: I told you by the time we get I told you by the time we get to Atlanta, I told you I'd be a.
Speaker 1: Two hundred you ain't believe me, My love, my love, pay Lake soccer shirt don't even fit. You don't fit right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, see, I'll be sweating on here. That's why I got me a towel now. Because I do Cardio a mess up too, No, hell, no mistake. Okay, No, but I do car I do Cardios. So I've come to the conclusion, O Joe, me and Cardio in the in the morning, we don't get along.
Speaker 3: Why not? I don't like doing Cardiff.
Speaker 2: That was the only time, O Joe, in all my in college, me and my college coach got in one disagreement real that morning workout.
Speaker 1: That's the best time to work out before the sun come up.
Speaker 3: No, it ain't before the sun come up. Nope, nope.
Speaker 1: Are you tripped? Nope?
Speaker 3: You so I shifted. I said I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go to the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, work out between eleven thirty and twelve, come home, eat, chill.
Speaker 3: Looking to get on the bike. Yeah. Oh man, Hell, I don't eat. I don't eat till nine fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, I don't even eat breakfast in the morning.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm my bad. Let me let me take that back. I eat breakfast in the morning. But I'm at the gym at six am. Oh no, Jim, I'm an early I'm an early riser. I'm an early riser.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Yesterday this morning, I messed up a little bit. I ain't making it to the gym to eight thirty because you know the show whoom when we get off. Hey boy, not not yesterday's show, but the show. But we had no allows on yeah, and burning them yeah, or I would fight for my life. Boy, Oh god, I was my life trying to stay up. As you could tell to night.
Speaker 1: I just took a goddamn I just took a nap.
Speaker 2: You took a nap. So that's what that's what I do with you. I I work out in the afternoons. I get my garage and been about one hundred and fifteen in there. Yeah, and I burned anywhere between three hundred and eight hundred calories. I'm good. And so by the time I come on here, that's why I'm sweating, guys. So it's gonna be It's gonna be like this so on the almost night because I gotta get to get my cardio with.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta get you know, I gotta get right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, one day you can look like this, right, I'm telling you, tell you give me Oh I got.
Speaker 2: Nah George my competition. Huh George being the gym trying to show if he be bolsted. Look at that right here, they're right here. You know. Hey, you know somebody asked me when I get ready for a show. I said that, ain't nobody to ask you that. Oh hey, you just made that up because I've been watching you the whole time, right right, Ain't nobody saying what word do you?
Speaker 3: I said, wouldn't ask you that?
Speaker 1: Who's stronger?
Speaker 3: It all depends on what right.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but I can't flat dumb there, bitch, Hold.
Speaker 5: On, I just watched your video, right, we did two twenty five and you kept and you kept going up and up. Yeah, for the life of god, I don't know what it is about flat bench for me from the chest from the chest here.
Speaker 3: I can't get it off. I can't get it off.
Speaker 1: I get up funder them damn dumbbells one twenty hundreds with not not with ease.
Speaker 3: But I can I can go, I can go.
Speaker 1: I put two twenty five on the goddamn bench.
Speaker 5: I get up under there, I need for one, I need help taking it off, and then I need help from the chess to right here this this area.
Speaker 3: Right here is Yeah, that's your sticking point.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Well you gotta work with your try SEPs. And hell that's try sep work.
Speaker 1: When it comes to that dumbell bench. Strong as hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like inclin I can do. I'm good at in clents. I probably can do. I did what the one thirty twos the mean class. I do one thirty twos because I can flip those. But I probably two weeks. Yeah, in two weeks, I'm gonna hit them. I'm gonna get them one forty. I'm gonna get him.
Speaker 3: Before he does. I know.
Speaker 2: See he's gotta be slick. See I've been getting to the gym early, and I've been parking where he can't see me. So he coming there, he got his backpack, whiz her. I walk into jail here, you're theater? What you doing here about? Like?
Speaker 3: What you what you're doing here? I'm working out. I wouldn't been ready to get ready to try you? Is that what you get ready to do?
Speaker 1: Hey? Where I found when them people? Man y'all be having a camera where I get the camera people from.
Speaker 3: You have to you have to hire somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need one of the man. I'd be watching people.
Speaker 5: You know, they they record their workouts and just their day to day life, even when they go places. You know, they take nice pictures, and I'm like, maybe I need to start doing that. Man, Like how much a photographer cost?
Speaker 3: Though, it all depends on what you're trying. What you're trying to do. I mean, you're gonna need somebody to.
Speaker 2: Edit edit a picture or yeah, video, yeah, video, even picture you wanted, you wanted to edit it. You wanted a nice you know, you wanted smooth, you wanted to look like it's professionally dark, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because everybody got to look at all the NFL players in you're taking pictures and you know when they going dates and nice places, you know, people catching.
Speaker 2: Them coming out the car and yeah, god damn, but I just not be scared of at it without George job, George, Jorye got it.
Speaker 3: Jeordan like the cat.
Speaker 2: When we're on the road, George like, Jordan go everywhere I go, be good with the camera. He got the camera, he set it up in the hotel room. When I go to functions behind the scene. So I was like, Okay, when I go do a commercial shoot, it's like anybody coming, Okay, I bring my makeup, I bring my personal makeup person. I bring Jordan because he's gonna get behind the scene footage. We'll collab once the commercial get ready to come out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, shit, I'm finna, I'm finna do that. Man, I'm finna. I'm finna. I'm finna. It's finna be a new oto.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Forget this man, new Oto.
Speaker 5: Anybody never man out there. Man, that's that's willing to travel with me. Listen, I got thirty thirty seven, thirty eleven job. Now, I don't want to hear no complaining. But forget that man.
Speaker 3: Well is he?
Speaker 2: That why I worked with Jordan. Jordan ain't got no kid, he ain't got no dogs, he ain't got no pets.
Speaker 3: So he can just call.
Speaker 2: He call. He hadn't call. He gotta go wherever I go, and I'm gone all the time. But he get a little work out of here. Hey boss, you need anything, Nah, you go ahead, right, So he go get his work out in. He find out what I got going on. I ain't got nothing going on. He get an hour, hour and a half go do his work out, get his work out in. Sometimes he goes to to use the hotel gym. Sometime there's a gym somewhere that he read about it, like, hey, I'm gonna go here. He trying to stay one step ahead of it. But I ain't gonna I'm a getting and trying to do that.
Speaker 1: Man, chat, y'all know anybody in Miami, man that you know?
Speaker 3: I just yeah, yeah, there are a lot of people in Miami. Yeah I know.
Speaker 5: But what if they try to hit me across the head like with price, Like if you if they come talking with some crazy numbers man.
Speaker 3: Like, Nah, it all depends on what you try.
Speaker 4: What you what you?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: You getting them for an hour? You go hire somebody for an hour? How long are you going to hire them?
Speaker 2: Because that day rate is anywhere from between a thousand and two thousand and four day rate.
Speaker 3: We only probably need like an hour, go back, go back a thousand Who for a date?
Speaker 5: Now, I won't even come on uncle fly spirit man, But I'm saying, now you know I ain't paying those dolls and just for somebody taking no damn pigeons.
Speaker 2: Now, come on, but no, o Joe. First of all, you gotta pay for them, you understand, O Jo. They have jobs. When I when I used to have my when my massage therapist, excuse me, when she came to work on me, I booked her. So she was going for three, three, four days. All the clients that she would have had I bought them out. Oh shit, Yes, that's how it works. My massage therapist in Denver, when he came to work on me, I booked it. Whatever he Monday, he was off Monday, so Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I bought all of it. So he was doing eight massages to day. I bought all of them. So I had to pay somewhere between eight hundred and one thousand dollars a day a day. Yes, because that's what he would have got had he been working.
Speaker 3: You can't take me.
Speaker 2: You can't take me from my work and expect me to give you one hundred dollars massage when you've taken me away from one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, listen, I'm trying to I'm trying to process this. I'm trying to process this like Okay, I'm trying to figure out where in my budget, because listen, I have a monthy budget.
Speaker 3: I ain't going to what are you trying to do?
Speaker 1: I just, you know, just I want to. I forgot what people call it. Like if you look at my Instagram, right, if you look at an instagram.
Speaker 5: Right, my Instagram is just straight nightcap nothing else.
Speaker 3: You So, in other words, you want you want some personal stuff on you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know.
Speaker 5: You know what, I think I'm gonna leave my Instagram how it is right, my main page, ohoe all them father, that's straight that straight nightcap stuff.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna create another page. And I don't know the right word.
Speaker 5: And I want to, like I want to, you know, I want to create a like uh like content and and you know, yeah get dressed up nice and getting out the car of nice shoes like the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're doing and okay, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I want to do that.
Speaker 2: Man. Oh yo, but you're gonna but you have to understand, like, in order for somebody to do that, you hire them. I mean, okay, how long you have to book them? Like is he gonna be your if he's gonna be a guy you use all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it got to be all the time, because whatever I want to do is I want to be consistent. It feels like I'm behind the times a little bit. Uh everybody doing it, So I think I want to catch up with times as far as aesthetics are concerned.
Speaker 1: I'm a lazy dresser. I'm a lazy dresser.
Speaker 5: So maybe maybe I could hire me a little stylist or something, you know, and and and just them a routine and some of the things I'm not used to normally doing.
Speaker 1: Maybe get out the box a little bit, try something different for a change.
Speaker 5: No clothes on, like I might, I might take your clothes back, but you know, just you know, get some high end stuff.
Speaker 2: Have I have.
Speaker 1: What you call the people that pull clothes, what.
Speaker 3: You call them a stylist?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, get me a stylist, you know, having pulled me something, you know, put some on nice, go to dinner, boom cats catch me coming out of.
Speaker 1: The truck, you know, I pose and pre like I'm not looking like.
Speaker 4: You know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I just I just I just need to I need to do something new, man, because I'm stuck over.
Speaker 3: So you look at the vlag you're looking for a person. I mean, or you could.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could use a felthy stick and you could get a POV your personal point of view. Nah.
Speaker 5: Nah, I wanted to be professional because people. Hey, you ever see some people Instagram? It looked like they fucking models and ship? Yeah, like, that's that's what I want. I want some nice like I'm gonna I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I just but if you're not trying to monetize it, So why are you doing it? You can?
Speaker 1: How the hell am I monetize it? I ain't no model. I just I just want.
Speaker 5: I like the curation of people's igs. It just looks dope sometimes.
Speaker 2: So are you gonna be an influencer? Are you gonna be wearing other people's clothes? I mean what you're trying to do?
Speaker 1: Hey, you think I could be an influencer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But what what would be my what? What what would my content be?
Speaker 3: Though? The stuff that they send to you? I mean, you see fashion over men.
Speaker 2: You see a lot of these women wear fashion over You can do fashion over men, you can do different things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I can get it. Ship.
Speaker 1: You think I get to deal with fashion over men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could all right, oh Joe, we got to check this out. We got the we got the Olympic gold medals in speed climbing joining us. Uh he said the time a four seconds point seven four four point seven fourth seconds and here he is joining us live Sam Watson, Sam, how you doing bro?
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me? Yeah, we can hear you. Can you hear us?
Speaker 1: We can hear you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doing great today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 3: No, thanks for coming on. O Joe.
Speaker 2: Before you go, let me ask you this. Obviously you're going you go to the Olympics and you're trying to win the gold medal.
Speaker 3: Did you think it was.
Speaker 2: Gonna take a world record in order for you to win the goal? Or you didn't really care the time? You like, I want the gold medal and if it takes a goal, if it takes a world record, because if I'm not mistaken, you had just set the world record a couple of weeks before going to parents, are not correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I set the world record twice.
Speaker 6: Actually I said it once and broke my own one in April at a compliment with China. Then I went to the qualification elimination heat and broke Uh so I lost it for fourteen minutes to another athlete and then got it back and then so speed climbing is a tournament format, So then I lost in the final round, got sense of the bronze medal match, and then you know, after that, you kind of got nothing to lose, You're kind of mad. So then I broke my own road record to get the bronze medal.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it.
Speaker 5: Listen, you grew up in the South Lake, right, yeah, so I'm curious. I always like to go back. I always like to go back and get a better understanding on where the passion and love for climbing came from, especially speed climbing.
Speaker 6: So I just personally loved the idea of improvement and the idea of being on the same wall, the same track every time, and you can be on the same wall and training as all these competitions across the world, so lowering your time through all that, and I met a beautiful people, beautiful community in DFW, and that really brought me up.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you got eliminated from gold medal competition, and you set the world record in the bronze medal match is there? Is it bittersweet because obviously you went there to win the gold medal. Now I think the console prize for setting a world record and taking fifty thousand off a nightcap, you had to feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 3: But were you kind of disappointed in your performance?
Speaker 6: Sale, Yeah, there's a lot of emotions. Obviously you have this goal of this is the only thing I want. I'm trying so hard to get an Olympic gold medal. But to be quite honest, I think I represented my country well and I respect the other two athletes that podium ahead of me, and I like the fact that I had this goal for so long and now I have four more years to keep that the same. I get to go to LA twenty twenty eight, compete in front of my home crowd when I'm a bit older and more experienced, and then hopefully competitions wise, I can get a big resume of things, keep my world record, push it down, and then be a gold medal favorite and finally kind of complete that resume in La.
Speaker 1: Ye I like it.
Speaker 5: Listen as someone that also climbs, not not walls, listen mango trees. I don't know if you would know what mango trees are. I used to climb the fence. I usually break into the pool when I wasn't supposed to be there in the summer as a low kid growing up, that is really considered climbing. But for you speak climbing, it's it's demanding, not just physically and mentally. How do you handle the pressures right before it's time to climb, especially when you have to compete against someone and you're competing against time.
Speaker 1: Is it difficult?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I'd say speed climbing is the lowest margin of error sport in the entire Olympic Games. It is thirty movements at max speed and if you mess up one, you're kind of screwed. So I mean you got to embrace the pressure. Tell any other eighteen year old that they have to compete in this sport at the on the biggest stage, competing for your country and glory. And then I was also thinking about the gold medal count overall. Thankfully we did one in the tie breaker, but kind of chip on my shoulder that we didn't win overall. So I mean, you have this stress and you have this pressure, and obviously you have to embrace it.
Speaker 3: And not everyone can. Sam, How did you get into rock? How did you get into speed climbing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: So I got into climbing because I would climb walls and I climb these brick places around my house, and my parents were like, we want to support you, but you're gonna that's pretty dangerous. So they took me into the climbing gym and I met a great community in dft W and that's kind of how I got into it, competition climbing and then eventually speed as well.
Speaker 3: Right, so how long will you go ahead? Ojoe?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen when you talk about speed, right, and when it comes to climbing, how do you improve your reaction time and explosiveness? Like I know how to do it when it comes to sports, you know, and the things you have to do in the weight room, but how do you improve your reaction time and explosiveness when it comes to climbing.
Speaker 1: That's that's really interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it's a it's pretty similar in a lot of ways to track as well. So I'm in the gym probably three to four times a week, and then I'm on the wall probably four to five times a week. So you're in the gym doing some not fully ply metric but pretty like decent high effort motions, big jumps. I can dunk a basketball on only five eleven, but I can. I can do it, and like wow, stuff like that get you exploding on the wall, both upper body and lower body.
Speaker 2: I like that, but it definitely works better for rock for speed climbing, the lighter body weight you are, but the stronger.
Speaker 6: You are am I correct, typically the leaner. So think about like the archetypes. Think about like the jam Morant type builds where ye're like very lean and you can jump really high. So I would say that the leaner rather than the just overall lighter you are.
Speaker 3: Is this the quickst you've ever won fifty grand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say so.
Speaker 5: I'd say, so, hey, before race, do you have any pre race rituals? Do you have any superstitions? Or you just go out there and have fun and just climb as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, since the walls the same every time, what I do is I kick the wall and I all hit the wall, and then I just said every time. After that, I have twenty seconds probably between that time where I set up the buzzer on the foot and when I go, I've about twenty seconds and not twenty seconds. Regardless of that, if it's in practice or if it's at the Olympic Games, I can do the same thing every time.
Speaker 1: That's dope, man.
Speaker 2: So the walls, no matter what the competition, all the walls are exactly the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, there's some there's a couple of details, like obviously it's hard to what's called the molligation where you make it the same every time to certify a world record.
Speaker 1: But generally, yes, I got I gotta do that. I gotta do that.
Speaker 3: You're you. I will.
Speaker 6: I will gladly give both of you guys a climbing lesson.
Speaker 1: I think I want to do it.
Speaker 5: So what I've done, all the all the Olympians that we've had on track swimmers, I challenge everybody somewhat. This could almost be a series. Oh listen, oh Joe versus everybody. Even though you guys are at what you do and your respect the crafts, I do respect it, but I want to compete. I want to race against you in speed climb and see how bad I lose or maybe I can win.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, So okay, if you set up, you come out I'll in Salt Lake City. Do you want to come out there?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: I think you guys are he guys in l A too. There's a there's a wall in l As. I'm in Miami, Miami. Okay, I'm not sure about that, but we we can find a place right right, and we can put you on the speed wall. We can do we give you a road to sub ten seconds and that would be that would be super impressive.
Speaker 1: Ten seconds. Ten seconds, Yeah, that's long I got.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. All right, Okay, we'll give you. We'll give you nine or eight. I mean, you can just keep going, you can keep going. Okay, camera crew, Okay, Sam, do you do you free climb?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, No, unfortunately my parents disapprove. Can't be doing that too dangerous.
Speaker 3: I got, I got a couple.
Speaker 6: So the guy who did that, Alex Donald, the free solo is a we want to do not just speed climbing on the on the regular competition wall, but I want to do big wall speed climbing. So I'm trying to race up like the route he climbed to the nose in Yssemi Valley, Like I want to try to do that under two hours.
Speaker 3: So that's a.
Speaker 6: That's another ambition I got.
Speaker 3: I ste may I mean, but.
Speaker 2: So what's the biggest difference obviously speed without with speed not being a factor, what is the major difference between climbing wall climbing and say free climbing.
Speaker 6: So, like what I do speed clumbing is just on your goal is just to compete and do it faster, and you're really gracing against the mental aspect and the stress that I talked about. And then like plumbing on rock is such a different experience and I still do love doing that so much. Where you're you're in nature, you're on a route and it's typically harder and you're doing it smaller, so the holds what you grab onto are smaller, and the for both your hands and feet, so you have to grip them pretty hard and all that.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, Sam, thank you for taking time. I know you were busy. Thank you for getting back. Congratulations on your bronze medal. We got you covered. I think you've already received your consolation prize from Nightcap. Thank you again for coming on. We greatly appreciated with pride. You're representing the country extremely well. Best of luck in twenty eight and We'll see you down the road, all right.
Speaker 1: See you guys.
Speaker 6: Then had me up climb, I'll fall through.
Speaker 3: I got you, babe, all right, see you guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you all right man, how we go with you too.
Speaker 1: The volume