Speaker 1: Doctor.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of the new Rory and Maul Podcast. I am Maul and Roy and today we are joined by Rory. This is a friend, friend of the show, friend of the family. Haven't seen this gentleman since our lives, our last live show on the yere correct, but he's been working his ass off. One of my favorite rappers right now.
Speaker 3: He here to kick it with us.
Speaker 2: Today's new album out now, sock into my pocket. We got Queen's very owned. Wrong Streets is in the building. We got Netflix Zip here to your ain't gonnaz zip. As soon as room got here, he was like, yo, Zip, ain't are you queens Niggas said, look at queens. It makes your Queen's always in the building. So Netflix hip is here with us today.
Speaker 1: Rome.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Family?
Speaker 1: Cool man'll listen.
Speaker 2: I told you when you got here, I said, bro, I'm opening my phone all week. Soon was out my phone. The first person I see is Roan Streets going and you sitting down talking to anybody good moving around. I love seeing that. I love seeing people, you know, really patching in and tuning in to Rome Streets because I you know you know this, but you're one of my favorite rappers. And to see everybody finally, you know, bring you on their platforms talking to you socking to my pocket is crazy since we since we saw each other last at our last live show here in New York.
Speaker 3: What's been up with you, man?
Speaker 2: Besides working like just just roam, what's been going on with you?
Speaker 1: I've been good, man. I've just been enjoying this ship.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I've really been doing a lot of shows, like touring, just going places.
Speaker 1: I went to fucking Thailand. I went.
Speaker 4: I was that ship was different first of all, Like I didn't really even expect to be going out there. Like these producers that I did a joint with a couple of years ago. It hit me up and was like, Yo, we want to do like a mixtape with you, you know what I'm saying. I like, all right, fuck it. I did it, and they're like, yeah, we want to fly you out to Thailand to perform and ship. And then I was out there for like a week just running around. I'm like, damn, I'm really in Thailand. Yeah, like over wrapping the way I want to rap, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And the way they perceived the music over there.
Speaker 1: The way and it was just like seeing how like.
Speaker 4: Modern the city is like my my like perception of how it would have been versus how it actually was was like two different things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you expect.
Speaker 1: It was gonna.
Speaker 4: Basically like I talked to a lot of people and they was like, yo, son, don't drink the water, like brush your teeth with motherfucking on bottled water, don't eat this, don't eat that, don't do this. And when I went there, I'm like, bro, that shit felt like I was in New York. Certain places. I'm just saying, like, just how people was interacting with me. It wasn't like they didn't understand me. Man, people were speaking English. It was a lot of people from America out there. I was running into them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A lot of people are moving there. Yeah, hell yeah, a lot of people moving different It's cool.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 4: And then also like I did like a Europe tour, so I was all over Europe running around. I was fun, do you.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you get more.
Speaker 2: Like love overseas, because like there's a lot of guys that say, you know, when they go overseas Europe and age and things like that, they're like amazed at the amount of love that they get when they leave their own country.
Speaker 5: Like those fans give a fuck because they don't get to see the ship all the time.
Speaker 1: That's true, but.
Speaker 4: I feel like they just have a different appreciation for shit, you know what I'm saying. And then, like I guess, you know, being from New York, like there's always something going on, you always got mad options, Like there's probably a concert going on right.
Speaker 1: Now, you know what I'm saying. Like other places in Europe, it's like.
Speaker 4: If I have a concert in certain places, that's the only thing.
Speaker 1: It's like if you like rap, you gon be there.
Speaker 4: And then the way they just interact is different, Like you know what I'm saying. Certain places out here, fans is like they'll be fucking with it, but they'll just be standing there watching it. Yeah, and they'll probably be having the time of their life.
Speaker 1: But they just move differently. Over there.
Speaker 4: The niggas be jumping out, they skin like I feel like I'm a fucking soccer player and ship like.
Speaker 1: The way you mean.
Speaker 4: It's fun though. It's a lot of love our here too, though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just different when you go out of the country and and that just like you said that, they don't get it as often as we do. We become kind of spoiled with it because we can living in New York, somebody's performing somewhere every night. But when you go to these different different countries and things like that, even if they don't know you, they know that, Okay, this is rap, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To see that Americans American rap.
Speaker 5: When we were in London and went to go see Rock Marcy at that this is a festival too much. It's not just a Rock Marcy show. And usually festivals, obviously people are there to see a different bunch of different acts. I've been to Rock Marcy shows in New York, but the London show, the whole festival, knew every fucking work, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah London, Yeah, But then London is like the place that's most like here because you feel like I feel like, yeah, London is like yeah, yeah, London is like another state. Like if you go there and really like interac with niggas and ship like it feels like you hear, it's just you in a different place, whereas like if you went to like Germany, like yeah, you in a whole nother country where coach is different.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: You don't really feel out of place in London like when you in certain places like you know what I'm saying, Yeah, because London is like that ship is hood too, like niggas be thinking. Honestly, it's hood everywhere because it's not necessarily.
Speaker 1: Like hood. Ship is the mentality of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Like you could be in a place that probably don't look run down and ship, but it's the hood because of how niggas act in the area, So you can't never think you go someplace in it. Yeah. Yeah, because people's getting high everywhere, so there's a hood somewhere, just like what you might be.
Speaker 1: Used to, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I've been doing a lot of ship just based off of this rap ship. You mean, like I honestly don't really be having time to do nothing else. But then it's like I really don't want to have time to do nothing else, you know what I'm saying, Because when I had all the time in the world to do ship, I was getting in the ship right.
Speaker 1: So now it's so.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, this is what I gotta do every day, Like down.
Speaker 1: For it, you know what I'm saying. You want to do more? Yeah? What what was your favorite stopping Europe? This time of Amsterdam? Amsterdam is always lit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else? Paris is fun? You know what I'm saying. Germany? Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But I would say, besides, like going to London and ship Amsterdam is always fun.
Speaker 2: It's London, like because obviously you was born there. How much time did you actually spend in London though?
Speaker 4: All Right, So I was born in London. I moved to New York and I was one, okay saying, and then I started getting in trouble, like once I got to like junior high. By the time I got to like ninth grade, I was, you know what I mean, wiling out, you know what I'm saying. So my mom sent me back to London to go like stay with my aunt and shit. So I was going to school out there, but I was coming back to New York during the summertime.
Speaker 1: So like from like fourteen to seventeen, that's what I was doing there the Jamaicans. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So like in total, probably like four years out of my life, I was really.
Speaker 1: Like in London and good years though, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from like you know, I mean fourteen to like, yeah, you went in high school, layer, that's growing up.
Speaker 3: That's a very unique part of life.
Speaker 4: It was interesting because, like, you know, I was already I was already into ship by the time I went to London, Like I was smoking weed, you know what I'm saying, Like I was already selling weed, I was rapping.
Speaker 1: I was just into shit.
Speaker 4: So by the time I got to London, when I went to school, like motherfuckers already knew like oh yeah, you the kid from America and yeah, so it's like I was popular and I started rapping niggas after the fuck yeah you.
Speaker 2: Go over there, But did you go over there? Because you could get some shit off. You can get some six shit off in London. Like as an American, you go to London and you rapping in high school, you could be spitting somebody balls.
Speaker 1: A day, my own shit.
Speaker 4: Because you gotta understand, that's the ship that made me start rapping in the first place, because I was like I went to school, like I'm saying out here, and then like niggas that I knew. My whole life was at the fucking lunch table.
Speaker 1: Rapping.
Speaker 4: I'm like, O, yeah, niggas rap, but they was like stealing rhymes from like cash money nigga. I'm like, oh, those ain't your raps? Like, let me try to write my own shit. So then I just started. I'm like, okay, I'm actually good at this shit. So I kept going. So by the time I got to London, like and then the thing is, I got cousins. They older than me. So one of my cousins, he's like twelve years old than me, but he from the Bronx, so he moved to London and like because he was wild and and shit. So I'm fucking with him. I'm fourteen, this nigga like twenty five. My other cousin is twenty four. So it's like they got niggas that the crowd. Yeah, but they knew niggas that had studios okay, so I was like they was like, Yo, my little cousin rap. So I was in the studio fucking with those niggas because when I was out here, I never had no access to nose studio.
Speaker 3: So it's like that you recorded your first raps in London.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was like the shit that my mom was kind of like trying to send me to London as a punishment. That kind of got lit because even so, like the weed was better out there, you know what I'm saying, I just had like more pull because I was a unique nigga, Like, oh, you're a Meria from New York and you you like into shit. So I was like influencing niggas out there too, like like one of my friends from out there is like a big time rapper in London and shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there was the grind ship popping at that time when.
Speaker 4: You want, Like I was there when the ship first started, what I'm saying, so I see all of that ship.
Speaker 1: What did you think of it? Out the gate?
Speaker 5: Like I've learned to appreciate a lot of but it did. It did take me a little bit to get into it.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 1: I like that ship. I like it because I understood it, like I fucked with it. I like the vocabulary it like they used a lot of words.
Speaker 3: And the flow like the London flow like a lot of the rappers.
Speaker 4: That because you gotta understand this, Like me, when I went there, I realized.
Speaker 1: Like they ship was mad ahead of ours, like.
Speaker 4: As far as like even fashion, like them niggas was like when I went to school, Like the niggas was wearing prid is and gucchiese and he was playing soccer and ship, you know what I'm saying. But like like the Grim Ship, like they flows was different. But now if you really listen to how like niggas wrapped now the drill niggas and the trap like that's the same type of flows.
Speaker 1: They use the same flow patterns. It just got better word Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Like that's why like the London Ship, it's like lit now in that drill scene because the London nigga's been rapping like that.
Speaker 1: That's their original style of rap. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like they said that they like they rap like how I wrap too, But that's separate, you know what I'm saying. Like they they call grime ship, am seeing they call this ship like rapping like hip hop, two different things.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of the guys over there that I like, like pot of paper, you know, like Jay Huss with Dave Daves get busy. Yeah, Like it's a lot of guys over there that you know, really get into that raption.
Speaker 3: And really like put words together.
Speaker 1: We ever heard of cast is dead?
Speaker 3: Cash is dead?
Speaker 4: No, he wear a mask, but the mask looked like a real face, but it's not his face.
Speaker 3: No, I never heard him.
Speaker 1: That nigga's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cash is dead. I gotta check him out, home boy.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, London definitely was ahead of a lot of ship. But I'm still never gonna let Central Ce get that off that they was on Nike text before before us. That was the one thing that London was tripping on.
Speaker 4: Nahna, But I could say this, this is what London niggas was doing back then. They was wearing like they was heavy into like Nike track suits, like back in the early two thousands, like and when New.
Speaker 1: York niggas was wearing like.
Speaker 4: Those niggas went like jibols and just mad low or just like Rockaway.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 4: When I went to London, them niggas was wearing like the track suits with the with the the TN air maxes. Yeah, or they was wearing like like they was wearing mad Pradas and shit, they was wearing just mad low top shit like Jordan's was not lit like I was wearing Jordan's and they was like yo, take them fucking stace shoes off. I'm like, yo, yeah, niggas is retarded and now they wear Jordan's O D. But when I had Jordan's, they was not jacking the shits. Actually, thing was always big and na, I feel like but then I don't know because I was over here, But back then they was wearing a lot of like track suits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some West Indian ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's definitely, but Nike Tech specifically, Yeah, we'll take that. But you're right, there was always on that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because a lot of the soccer, you know, and they was wearing a lot of slim ship.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like how niggas dressed probably like you know, niggas wear baggy shit again now, but like all that like slim fit and sh that was all yeah, but they've been rocking that ye like they like like their exotic drip was like fucking academic sweatsuits. Like when I used to go back to New York, like we used to, me and my cousin used to go to like twenty eighth Street and buy all that ship for the low and then like go back to London and sell that ship for the high.
Speaker 1: Like the academic sweatsuits.
Speaker 4: Was the ship over there because you couldn't really get Yeah, yeah, all that ship was like ill to them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So said, you was born there? Do you have like dual citizenship?
Speaker 3: How does that work?
Speaker 4: I guess like I've been over in my whole life, like you know what I'm saying, So it's not like a.
Speaker 1: I guess I probably do.
Speaker 4: But I got an American passport, so I mean, but I'm a citizen over.
Speaker 3: Here having a passport over there, and I want to move to London. So yes, but.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you if you went over there, you will love that ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love London, but I love having a passport as well, because then you can go to all the different other countries. They're like you know what I mean, that's part of having the part about having the European passport.
Speaker 3: Let's talk soccer too, my pocket.
Speaker 2: You got a song on here with I d K, but the DreamCatcher joint as well, And the one thing that stuck out to me listening to this project was the different flows you jumped in on Dream Catcher and Time and Place with I d K. Like your flow is like you've you're I guess you could say that they would categorize.
Speaker 3: As one of the more lyrical rappers from the city.
Speaker 2: But like on those two records, in particular, to me, you sounded like a different version of Rome Streets. Is that something that you want to start showing more of? Like Rome got different styles, I could jump in different pockets because I didn't expect to hear Rome Streets id K record, Like I would never put y'all together, you know, even though i DK is ill, but I just would never pay y'all two together on the record. But what y'all did on that Time and Place record, y'all killed that. But in terms of changing your flow and your style, is that something you want to pay attention to more? Because we know the Rome Streets prototypical sound that we come to love you for. But like hearing you on those it sounded like a whole different room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, because I could do shit like that, And I'm saying I've been doing shit like that, like my old shit, like before, like.
Speaker 1: I was putting out the ship. I used to suck around stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But you know, like I feel like just being an artist, you can't just keep doing the same shit you know what I'm saying. And then it's like I just go off of energy. Like a niggas sent me to beat, I might go, that's fire, Like let me do some shit like that just because one nigga's not expecting it and I could do it, you know what I mean. And it's music at the end of the day, Like yeah, I wrap, Yeah, I'm lirical, but like.
Speaker 1: I make music. Yeah, you get what I'm saying, Like, let's get.
Speaker 3: To that, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of niggas just be bought up, and it's like that's ill, but eventually you gonna hit the ceiling, like you gotta do something else. You don't have to, but it's good too. Autistreet is never just in one box.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, no, mal are you like me?
Speaker 1: Do you hate overpaying for great wireless?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Well, maybe you need to unlock savings with twenty five dollars a month forever unlimited plan with Boost Mobile. It's a permanent price with no contracts and no price hikes. You can keep the same phone number, so all the people in your life, specifically maybe some of the ladies like you won't lose contact, you can save up to six hundred dollars so you can take them out for a nice dinner.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you should just like stop overpaying. At this point, I feel like I tell you this every day.
Speaker 3: You do tell me this every day.
Speaker 2: Bosmogle dot com based on average annual single line payment of AT and T, Verizon and T Mobile customers compared to twelve months on the Boostmobile Unlimited plan as of January twenty twenty six. For full off of details, visit boostmobile dot com.
Speaker 3: The IDK record, How how did that come about? Did he send the joint or.
Speaker 4: Noah, No, nah, Like I've been I've been on i DK for a minute, like probably since like twenty twenty one, maybe twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Like we just he reached out to me.
Speaker 4: You chopped it up, and I'm saying, I say him a verse for some shit a while ago. But like I had made the song already and I'm like, you know what, it'd be ill if I put somebody on this. So I was just trying to see, you know what I'm saying, who could go on it? And I'm like, you know what, send it to I d K. You know what I'm saying, sent it to him, and Nigga sent that shit back like the next day. You know what I'm saying, But it's ill because that wasn't the original version of the song, like the song was longer, like my verse was longer and shit. And then i DK was like, yo, you know, be Ill was like this song is hot, but he's like, yo, I got an idea, let me like arrange it in an ill way that I just think, you know what I'm saying, and I'm like being ahead, yeah, yeah, go ahead, because at the end of the day, like I'm never like super stuck in my ways when it comes to creating, you understand saying the only thing I'm stuck in my ways in is writing my own shit. But other than that, like when it comes to working with other creative niggas, like I'm open to doing shit like that because one all my shit is really just me working by myself.
Speaker 1: So now when niggas be like, yo, I got an idea, some big yo, go ahead, let me see.
Speaker 4: And then you know what I'm saying, he pieced it together, how he pieced it together, And I'm like, oh, that's shit hard yeah, And then I'm like you know what, run it like that and then it just came out.
Speaker 1: Ill what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's definitely one that I got to shoot the album.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all got to see myself if I mean from London and then moved to Maryland too.
Speaker 1: I think he was born in London as well. I think so moved to DC Maryland. I like non five mega non five mega.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that staf with Styles? Yeah, that's that had to be. Was that the That's the first time I worked together, right and Styles?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How was that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: That was fin I mean obviously that gotta be one of your favorite Yeah, hell you awesome?
Speaker 1: The shit?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's p one of my favorite rappers ever. Yeah, it was how I even met Styles. I was doing it. This was a couple of years ago, like I was twenty nineteen, maybe twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I was. I was doing a photo shoot. Were awake okay.
Speaker 4: And me and Styles is in the shoot, but I got there first. So I was shooting ship and I was playing like some music that I had or whatever, and in the midst of it, Styles came we shooting and then he was like, yo, what the fuck is this? I'm like, goes like goes my ship. He's like, go, this is you my gig. He's like, go this shit hard. So then like you know, we just tapped in from there. And then I did that joint in ninety five Mega Ship, and I'm like, who can I put on this?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Obviously being no brainer to put Mega on there, but I had mego on my last album, you know what I'm saying, the ship I did with Darrender and I got I got more shit with Mega too. I'm like, you know what, who else could I funk with on there? And I'm like, send it to Styles and then like sent it to his manager and then he sent it back. He was like, go, it's cool if he just blackout on it. I'm like yeah, because he spent a couple of I'm like, Nigga's that's like you could drop a hundred.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't give.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 1: Like, so that's how that ship came up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now obviously you know going things going on in the industry now with you know, rappers doing the small tooth thing. Yo, Like you said, yeah, so d D is it something that you look at that like a sign of respect? Like when Style send it right back when I d K sends it right back. Like if a artista, YO, send me something, let's do something, you actually send it, versus if you do send it and they don't ever give you a verse back. How do you view that as a rappers, like like, Okay, maybe I gotta just step my shit up.
Speaker 3: Maybe he don't respect my shit.
Speaker 4: Like that yet honestly, it's levels to it. It depends on how it happened. But I come to not take that personally because rappers be doing mad shit. Yeah, because there's times where niggas send me versus and I'd be like, Yo, I'm gonna do it, But sometimes I just don't get to it because one mad shit be going on two. Sometimes I might forget three. Sometimes it's like I just can't get to it. You understand saying, And then it's like I'll double back, cause it just happens. Bro, that shit happens. Sometimes you want to do it, you just can't get to it.
Speaker 1: Bro, It just happens. But like it be happening.
Speaker 4: So it's like once you get to a place and understand it, it's like you can't like you can't really be mad. You understand saying I've only been in one situation. I'm not gonna say a nigga name, and I'm not gonna say I take it personally, but I'm gonna say, like, this is a situation where you might feel like, yo, I send you a verse, but I got you, I got you, I got you, and then I got you, give me scou, give me school, and I'm like, yo, I got it. I record it, and then it'll be like all right, and then I see where you like, I got it. I hear it, and you be like, but I want to do it again.
Speaker 1: But I hear it.
Speaker 4: We go that's you hard, you know what I mean. It's like, you did it. I'm cool with it. You might not be cool with it, but it's cool enough. I understand why you'd be like, all right, I want to do another one.
Speaker 1: But then it's like, what can I ask you?
Speaker 5: Did he want to do any one because he heard your verse and wanted to re record his, or I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if you feel like.
Speaker 4: The thing is though I don't look honestly with me personally, I don't even look at it like who got the better verse? It just depends on how the song goes. If I send you the song with my verse on it, you supposed to have a better verse. Yeah, because at the end of the day, you got all day to listen to my shit. You to have the better verse. I'm already setting you up to have the better verse. I do not care, because I'm good at this already. If you spit a better verse than me, that means the song is fucking ex your fans gonna run to it because it'd be like, Yo, this might be the best verse I ever heard from this. So I don't care if you have the better verse. The only time where it's like, all right, who got the better verse? If we're right here, if me and you are in the same place, then it's like okay. But at the end of the day, it happens with rap because everybody listening for something different. You understand saying, it just is what it is, like that, I don't be heart broke. You're supposed to have a better verse if you send me your ship first, I'm supposed to have a better verse on that shit. I don't care, Like I don't really that shit don't dominate my mind. You understand saying, because it's like if if that ship is, if that's all I care about, I might as well have been a bad rapper, you understand saying Jay had.
Speaker 5: The best response when someone I forgot he was on ninety seven asked him how he felt about not saying m killed him on his own shit sad? What do you think I want Eminem to have a bad verse on my own so my album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're supposed to, because it's like I know I want a shitty Eminem verse.
Speaker 4: Like I'm the type of nigga like if I'm gonna send you something, I already know I'm sending you some ship.
Speaker 1: I already know who I'm sending it to you.
Speaker 4: I already know what I'm getting into, so I know that I gotta spit some ship.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm standing on it.
Speaker 4: So if you can have a better verse than me, that mean you jumped mad high. So it's like I want you to do that. That's you know, ship.
Speaker 2: But but the rapper's ego is something that we all understand. It's like if it's your song and you send somebody a verse and they they they you know they're going crazy on it. Sometimes the rapper ego shows up like.
Speaker 1: Nah, man, he can't.
Speaker 2: I can't let him do that to me on my record, Like looking at it, you gotta have a dude verse to do that though.
Speaker 4: But I put it like this, most niggas that I do songs with, I have multiple songs with them. So at the end of the day, like you could get me, let's get it, you know what I mean? Because I want to for niggas that could rap r for real. Because it was a time when I thought I was the only nigga doing this. Everybody was doing jumping, jump up and down ship you understand sayings was like, damn, there's nobody for me to rap unlet's do the jump up and down ship now the mad people for me to rap with at.
Speaker 2: Let's yeah, you're having a good time right now. The MC for sure, Yeah it's cool.
Speaker 4: Like I want to rap with niggas, you know what I mean, Like I want to rap with NADS and Ship. Yeah you understand saying like anybody else is all right whatever, like we could get it going.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, that that picture went went kind of viral with you and NADS And obviously the last joint was a mass appeal, which was Nods, the owner of But all the comments when that photo went up was like we're expecting a record now, that's how the audience sees a photo. That means y'all better go to the booth now. Yeah the fuck being in that event. But what was like your first interactions with nas Like.
Speaker 1: It was cool because.
Speaker 4: I got like it's like some ob ship like I got sent for you got it, go get him? Yeah, like your son now's going to meet you. Come here at this time under still saying like at some restaurants, like I'm telling you, it was like I had to go to some restaurant in the back like it like I was like yo, he was like yo, I love what you're doing. It's like keep it up like we watching. It's like, y'all I'm proud, like I'm I mean, it's dope just to see what you got going on, like anything I could do to be behind you. And the thing is before that he had said no, no, actually wasn't. He had yad called me to go meet him, but then like he was just doing interviews mentioning me and ship. But you, I mean I was just unbeknounced to it. You mean, niggas just tagging me and ship, like, yo, I'm like, it's just ill.
Speaker 2: There's a rapper from especially being from Queens though. That had to be the moment where he was like, oh shit, like I'm really ahighty. I'm like, Nas, I'm an ill nigga if NAS has got my name in different rooms and you know what I'm saying. And then obviously he sent for you to come meet him and sit down and kick it into now releasing all mass appeal. I mean that gotta be a as a queen's and see that gotta be like that shit is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really crazy because you know, like when you're in it sometimes you don't realize how it may appear to the outside looking in, but it's like from the inside looking out, it's still crazy to me, Like damn, yo, I got here, yeah, because like I remember, like I said, doing this shit, I didn't know nobody that could get me anywhere close to being seen.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like my first trying to get on was like all right, like let me try to get it on a smack DVD. I didn't know nobody who fucking knew smack. Like I used to go record in the coliseum. You understand saying like I used to go used to be a little studio right in the coliseum. I used to go there and record, you understand. I used to just play the app trying to run into niggas and ship like because back then it was like, Okay, you probably have to meet a rapper to go rapping. I just did know no rappers, you know what I'm saying. And now it's like nigga talking about me and sit in between all of that. Niggas used to just be like, Yo, rom Son, you gotta you gotta make trap music, bro, Like this type of ship ain't lit no more, Like yeah, you ill at it, but you gotta switch it up, like you gotta do that first, and then that will get people to listen to that.
Speaker 1: You understand created you gotta understand.
Speaker 4: It's like that's what everybody's saying because they can't look past what they're eddy.
Speaker 1: C If everybody on the radio, everybody.
Speaker 4: On TV, you know what I mean, All the New York rappers is making down South music.
Speaker 1: It's like Rome, you gotta switch it up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like to be able to get here doing what I do niggas.
Speaker 1: Is still trying to figure out if I can do some of that exactly. That's why I said I can funk around.
Speaker 2: And do that now based established now they want to step outside the box.
Speaker 5: With we're getting a know, Nas, are you very careful with certain things? Maybe you'll send him or like you have a certain folder that's like, this is just the Noad ship if he come to the studio.
Speaker 1: I'm saving all this to play for NAS. I put it like this.
Speaker 4: I'm not like it's going to happen like the way shit happened for me in just my whole career. It's like, I don't be forcing the issue. You get what I'm saying, Like it's going it's gonna come to me if I just continue doing what I did that made things come to me already. So it's like, yeah, I might make some ship and I may Yo. I want Nads to get on this, so I'm gonna wrap my ass off. But if he don't get on it, it's like the level that I rapped on it once a nigga, even if it ended up being my own song, You're crazy. So it's all right. That just forces me to rap on a higher level. In general, because Okay, in my mind, yo, NOAs could get on this, send this to the A or see. But it's like if it don't, it's just another I probably just leveled up the way I rap just because it's like I'm trying to do something with the nigga that wraps the greatest, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah, so it's still cool.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, it's gonna come and I least expect it, and it probably would just be some whole other ship.
Speaker 5: Like, man, yeah, what's so, what's your relationship like with Alchemists?
Speaker 4: Hey, that's the bro man, Like, honestly, I've known I've known Alpha for a couple of years now.
Speaker 1: Queens. Yeah, and it's like Queen.
Speaker 4: The thing is, it's like this whole ship to me is a full circle because like I said, I come from the era of like the j Arms mix tapes, the Sycamore fucking instrumental ships, where I'm just writing rhymes.
Speaker 1: To the ship and like umb sometimes I just get the CD.
Speaker 4: So it's like, unbeknownst to me, like my favorite ship just ends up being the Alchemist shit all the time, just subconsciously. So then it's like once I finally meet him, he's like, yeah, I already know who you is.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like it's like, wow, I love man beat. Yeah, it's actually I've done. Yeah, I've done. I've done more show with al you know what I'm saying, I've been.
Speaker 4: But then also like just understanding how this ship works. Sometimes it's not always just about meeting a person.
Speaker 1: Like do some ship.
Speaker 4: I kicked it at our spot man at times, and I ain't right or rap nothing, just hanging out, you know what I'm saying, While other niggas is doing it. I'm just on the wall, just kicking it, absorbing, chopping it up, you know what I'm saying, Because.
Speaker 1: That's how it be too, you know what I'm hearing.
Speaker 4: Like, because a lot of artists, you might want to do songs with them, oh yo, do some ship, and they might be like yeah saying it, but it's like they won't do a song with you unless you hang out with them. Because sometimes you like niggas be busters. You understand I'm saying, like, oh, y'all, do some ship and you do a song with a nigga and like it's happened. He just do some cornball ship like I'd rather just do music with niggas that I can hang out with without doing music that way, Like yeah, it's a better vibe. Like you understand I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: You find out your.
Speaker 1: Get that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, I get it is it don't all always be about the niggain't do the verse. A lot of artists you gotta meet them, meet them on the spot. A lot of producers, you know what I mean. You might meet them and be like, yo, you don't send me beat, But it's like they don't send beats. You gotta you gotta find your way to the lab, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I mean our studio is definitely that vibe too, Like all I'd be there, it'd be Earl not working, just chilling their evidence, be there with his daughter Like that's yeah. If you come in there on the let's work right away vibe. You're sucking up that place. We'll feature, will feature you.
Speaker 1: They get that had you fuck them, Like damn, I really got a feat from this person ship.
Speaker 4: Everybody sp you know what I'm saying, Just like banks, like I be trying to do songs with niggas, Like I'll be trying to do songs with niggas that I'm like real fans of you. You know what I'm saying, So everybody who are you see me? Might do a feature?
Speaker 1: It is like, that's like corny, right crazy?
Speaker 4: Let me let me say this because I've seen what the I got that verse from Banks before all this ship going understand Niggers thought he was shooting and he actually got that verse from him. Crazy ship was going on? Man, because I see.
Speaker 1: Man on the interviews is corny?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but you know one thing about rapping and ship A lot of times you might say something and they manifest. You know what I'm saying, Words is really like words got a lot of power for sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, as far as producers he worked with, obviously the chemistry I think you and Darren you have.
Speaker 3: Working with alchemists.
Speaker 2: Who was the producer that you haven't got a chance to sit down and build something with. But y'all know that it's gonna happen you already and you know you have some type of relationship, but you just haven't had that chance to really sit down and build nothing.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. Someone that I that I've met, yeah, y'all, which I just didn't work with.
Speaker 4: I'm not even sure honestly, Like I feel like the niggas who I want to work with, Oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Hit Boy. I could say that hit Boy, Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I would say, besides hit Boy, a lot of the producers that I've met, I've done something with them, whether it's come out or not. You know what I'm saying. Some most niggas that I want to work with, I haven't met them yet. But hit Boy is one of the producers that I've met. I mean that I see around hit.
Speaker 3: Boy makes sense. Yeah, he definitely would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hell yeah. We talked about it.
Speaker 4: But every time, you know, like I'm in I'm in La, I'm saying he's probably not around or I mean like schedules, probably just saying yeah, any time I see him, be like Aromas cooked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit Boy for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's not small talk from hit Boy.
Speaker 1: He actually you want to come. It's just about you know what I mean, pulling up.
Speaker 4: And then also a lot of this ship like like like Alchemists Crib that's some invite only ship.
Speaker 1: You can't just can't pop up there because you don't.
Speaker 4: Know where it's at, like you. I mean, it's some mob shit, like someone who's already accustomed to go in there. Gott to bring you there, and then I'll be like, yo, next time you're around.
Speaker 1: Pull up.
Speaker 4: So it's like hit boy ship. It's like, all right, I spoke to him as ago, pull up next time you're around. I just you know, I mean, just be doing mad ship. But I already got the invite you. I mean, I just got to hit him up when I'm there man shout out to hit boy though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, what's up?
Speaker 5: What's Darrener's I think Deren jerieds his own imprint in label as far as what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Do you think I agree him? And I've had conversations about him.
Speaker 5: Being in New York and they're not being as many artists as it used to be, as opposed to other cities. Do you find that same problem the way Darren may have. It's like I want to cook with everybody, but I don't want to send b packs like I want a new shit in person. Being in New York, it's kind of tough the last ten years as far as collaborating, you know what it is?
Speaker 4: I put it like this, I feel that same thing all right in New York it's man artists. But then there's not a lot of artists that do this. Ye, But then let's say there is, there's not a lot of artists that do this that are necessarily like on the same level.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like, yeah, there's a lot of artists that is nice that I will work with, that I do work with, but they not necessarily as known as me. There's not you understand saying, Like, there's not too many artists that do what I do that are let's say, as known as me, that are from here, and if they are, they do a whole different type of shit. You know what I'm saying, Like most of the niggas that do this necessarily ain't from here or they're not they don't care to be as visible because they was like a nigga like Ransom, but he's he already did this. The way he do it now is how he want to do it. You understand I'm saying. But I would say, there's not really too many artists from here that do this.
Speaker 1: There is, but like.
Speaker 4: I would say, Darren just picky and as he should be. Yeah, exactly, like everybody's picky when it comes to art.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You pick and choose who you really want to work with.
Speaker 4: But it's not an array of fuckers like let's say Atlanta, where it's like Atlanta has like twenty artists that are popping on a on a high level where it's like, if you was to be a producer and you want to go to Atlanta to get your ship off, there's mad people you could work with, and it's mad artists that you can end up working with. All you gotta do is just have a session in this studio right here. You're gonna damn there. See everybody, every connected to everybody in here, and it's so it's so community based where it's like, you know what, you might meet this person and then you're just chilling this session.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know what, listen to his beats and then you know what I mean, like young thug walking.
Speaker 4: There's no place like that here where it's like, Okay, if you wanted to get your shipped off, you know, as a producer, you could just go to this studio and you'll see mad artists from New York and then you might go there, but Nigga won't say nothing. It's not you understand saying I was all go here, say.
Speaker 6: It's like yo, I'm such and something like all right, okay, this is man like, you know what I think it is, but not for not for this, not for what you do.
Speaker 3: Injured Room kind of feels like that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you can go on in Jury Room and it'll be you know a little bit, but again, not the type of raping shit that you get one.
Speaker 1: Of a comeback every drill.
Speaker 5: I'd probably let me ask you with your talent level, I don't think you'd sound weird on that. I think you could adapt to that. Not to say, go do a sexy drill album, but if you wanted to hop on a record with like a cash co man, I don't think you'd sound weird on it.
Speaker 1: It could work. Baseline works like that.
Speaker 4: It could work. It could work, you understand what I'm saying. It just depends on how it's done. Like I could do some ship like I could rap over them beats and could sing the hook, you know what I mean, Or he could have it like it could work. It just depends on how to get put on. And I'm not opposed to doing it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yet, today's show is brought to you by presenting sponsor hard Rock Bet Mall. Some sports fans think this is a slow period because football is not for a little bit malarkey. But on hard Rock Bet, we call this baseball season. That's right, It's time to hit the diamond. There's a full slate almost every day for you to bet on your favorite teams and players. Build an epic same game parlays, and even live bet every inning from first pitch to the final out. However you like to play ball mall, hard Rock Bet as you covered.
Speaker 2: So if you're ready to step into the battest box, sign up with hard Rock Bet today. In place a five dollar bet, if it wins, you get one hundred and fifty dollars and bonus bets on top of your winnings. That's an extra one hundred fifty dollars in your account. Sounds good to me, Rory, So download hard Rock Bet and swing for.
Speaker 3: The fences today.
Speaker 2: Here one bonus bets not a cash offer off of by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. And all the states must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone you know has a gambler problem wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. Who's some of the guys from from from Queens and both of y'all since you know you're both from Queens. Who as some of the guys from Queens that y'all feel like the city never gave like enough, like love to or like like champions enough like.
Speaker 3: Some of the guys that may not have heard this era, or just in general in general.
Speaker 4: Because I'm gonna put it like I'm a highbrid like I grew up in Queen, but I lived in Brooklyn also too, so that's why I, oh, yeah, you read Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I live in Brooklyn too, ye and fucking long. I love that, Elma. It's like the board up Queens.
Speaker 3: You could literally walk across the stream.
Speaker 1: I mean I always been in Queen's much.
Speaker 4: But I would say, like if you're talking about an older era or just now, because I feel like a lot of this, yeah now, like niggas like Cello, you know what I'm saying, Star Jella from Queens, that's really like putting on that's ill, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like niggas like trap Hefe. I'm saying like, those are the niggas that do this. You know what I'm saying. That get busy for me? You know what I'm saying. It's it's been a little while.
Speaker 5: But during that whole Joey Badass first Daylight, then it turned into a bunch of New York rappers also hoppened. Did you feel any any temptation to hop into that back and forth because it turned into somewhat a distant difference.
Speaker 4: The reason why is because just me personally, like, if I'm gonna give it that type of energy, you gotta at least dis me. Yeah, you got, you gotta at least throw a missile at me for me to like feel like, all right, I'm gonna give it that energy because at the end of the day, it's like, one, yeah, I'm from here, but I know a lot of them TD niggas, you know what I'm saying. So with me, it's like I don't really have no issue with them, you understand. Like I go to Cali and I chill with them niggas, you know what I'm saying, not even on no like trying to I'd be going. I go and just hang out with one of my boys who don't even make music and Cali and then go be here and it just end up picking it, you understand I'm saying. So it's like, ain't no really no need for me to jump in that shit because I didn't really take offense to it, you understand I'm saying, because like I don't know, like if I'm gonna really go back and forth with another rapper I wanted to be for real.
Speaker 1: I don't want it to just be because like you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just for the sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm saying, for the sport is cool.
Speaker 4: But I just felt like at the time I didn't need to really get into it, you know what I'm saying, because that ain't really That wasn't really my whole spiel at the particular moment, like I was putting, I was trying to make a tape, I was dropping an album and ship. If I would have just jumped in that ship, oh yeah, that shit would have overshadowed every single thing. Like not saying that's a bad thing, but it's like I feel like niggas held it down, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, Like niggas held it out like you only need to joy.
Speaker 4: And it was just like the fans that rone need to get in roll need to get It's like, bro, yeah, niggas, I'm gonna get in because I want to, not because niggas is tweeting me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you undertee what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told I definitely understand and respect that the Belt to Ash record hm hm.
Speaker 3: Tough, Yeah you was. I ain't gonna looking at this track. I'm trying to I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To find a song that I mean, like like like Zip said ninety five Mega on Shrooms Belta ass son of a gun, Uh proud in the Polaroid marathonal race with West DreamCatcher. Time it plays, I think this story, which one is his story that's belt to ass.
Speaker 1: Tough.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say it yet because I think you know this is too soon. But for me personally, from You, this is one of my favorite projects because I think, I think, I think from from top to bottom just looking at the track, let's looking at the songs. The production, your rhymes is always at a at a high level. But I think the music on this, it's probably some of my favorite music that I've heard room room streets on. But I ain't gonna say yet because it was probably just came out a few days ago. But this, this I could talk into my pocket is definitely from You personally one of my favorite projects.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is the one we put the most, like effort into I put effort into it all, but this one, like we really like fine tuned the hell out of this, you know what I'm saying, Like remixed it, went back in the studio, put this song there, rewrote record this song, you know what I mean. Like, so this was the one that like I was really like I put the most into this, you know what I'm saying, and I can't.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I'm picking up from it is that it's just it seems like it's just more attention to detail. It's more fine tune again, you know, playing with different flows on the joint the IDK Like I said that that feature to me somebody that I think is super ill but never would probably play Shot two together.
Speaker 1: But it works.
Speaker 2: What's next though now for Rome as far as just an MC and artist, like what's on your vision board? As far as what you want to do moving forward? From coming off a SOCKETO my pocket?
Speaker 4: Keep putting outdop music. I'm the type of is that I have. I always got more ship, you know what I'm saying. Like I could drop a fucking tape every month if I wanted to, you know what I'm saying. But it's like a lot of this ship just be me experiment with different approaches. So it's like now that I see how me approaching a project like this can affect the listener, Like, okay, you know what I mean. I never really went this hard putting out putting together a project, but it shows once I put the people know they loving this ship. Like you said, it's one of my best and it is I put the most. So I guess, like, all right, all my ship gotta be like this from now. But it's like I got mad ship already, so I got Yeah, it's like, yeah, this is the standard. So it's like at this particular time, I'm just trying to grow, keep keep approaching ship like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But like I have other ship.
Speaker 4: You probably gonna here and mean mixtapes and ship that I mean, I'm gonna put out that I mean, and I ain't going.
Speaker 1: As crazy as I did with this.
Speaker 4: But now every time I put an album out, like a real studio album, I'm gonna jump in the bag like that.
Speaker 1: So that's what's next to me. More videos.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like I got a bunch of artists that I funk with that I really want to, like what I'm saying, showcase put on the forefront, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that too, I want to act, do.
Speaker 4: Movies or sort of as much as I could do. Like I'm not trying to go back to running the streets. So at the end of the day, like this is it. Yeah, I was at the Speaks the other day.
Speaker 1: Flicking around like oh yeah, curry over there.
Speaker 4: I'm at Mike Tyson like I gave him that, Like it's the same hand't even knocking.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's one person that me and Roy was talking about when we had a chance to meet Mike's It's just it's and like you know, obviously just me and him.
Speaker 2: It's really no words that could just because everything you think Mike Tyson is, he's the exact opposite. Like his personality, his energy is aura. It's like you looking like, oh shit, that's Mike. But then he's accepting in a room where he's like I'm a regular guy, you know what he is?
Speaker 4: Like it just be a crazy thing for me because, like I said, bro, like I grew up in this ship, Like I grew up watching this ship all day.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying, watching.
Speaker 4: Everybody on TV, whether it's fucking Video Music Box was Bobby Simmons, whether it's fucking Rap City, whether it's b Cat See Cat whatever, you understand saying Queen's Public, all that shit, you understand them saying to being like now it's like I'm on the other side of the curtain and I see like, oh shit, that niggas like this shit man regular. But then it's also like, damn, I went from watching the ship on the TV to now like, motherfucker's seeing me on the TV. You understand. I'm saying there's a kid that was just like me looking at these rap niggas on TV, like, oh shit, this is hard. Now I'm on the TV and kid, like, I got promise you. The other day, I went to what's that family fest complex? Shit I'm walking through and I met a Nigga's like, you probably.
Speaker 1: Don't remember me.
Speaker 4: Like one day we was walking down Merrick. He's like I was twelve years old and you was like, yo, be a rapper. Watch I'm be lit And he's like now I see you. I'm like, damn, I don't even remember him. And I'm like, damn it, you look like you're like thirty twelve.
Speaker 1: Like I said that, like.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So like just to like be that person now was like it's crazy.
Speaker 4: But I'm still like starstruck over the people that I'm still meeting, Like, oh wow, I think it's healthy.
Speaker 1: Always be a part of the journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you always gotta you know, like have that keep that part of you that was always in awe and just loved, you know, the art, the culture, being a fan and looking at certain individuals and just appreciating what it is that they do. I think, you know, as we become a part of the shit, a lot of people shed that because now you're on the other side of it. But I think in order to really be successful in entertainment and music and whatever art it is, that you got to keep that that that little thing that you had as a kid and just watching it, being a fan of it and appreciating the little things, like you said, going home watching everything, studying seeing what gods was wearing in the videos and things like that. I think as an artist you still keep that and that helps you create. That helps you, you know, again be inspiration to somebody else. Now thats home watching Rome Streets on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ill because.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I look at it like I gotta stay like enjoying this shit because I remember times like a lot of this shit happened for niggas that's like eighteen seventeen, Like I remember back then, Like yo, if you don't get lit by the time you like twenty five. It's old like, Yo, one of my friends like, y'all, I promise you, like I know a nigga. I was like, Yo, if I don't get famous before I'm twenty seven, I'm gonna kill myself. And then nigga killed himself. Yeah, nigga what that nigga was a dope ass rapper. Nigga that nigga, y'all promise you all them like all these niggas now that you see they all jacked the nigga swag, you understand I'm saying, Like, but yeah, I know a nigga like that, and if he probably would have way that, he'd have been the biggest shit ever damn. But you know, like so to be me in my thirties and then it's like, oh shit, like I'm just now like yeah, I mean even though like I've been you know what I mean, in the in the midst of this shit for like a couple of years now, you know what I'm saying. But like I would say, today, I'm the most like popular I've been, you know what I'm saying. But I just remember when niggas to be like bro, by the time you think if you don't become a fucking rapper, nigga, you might as well up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like shit, just start getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just stay down, stay down.
Speaker 1: So I can't even be mad at it.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the the importance that guys like.
Speaker 2: All the guys that have been doing, you know, the things that you're doing as far as you know, just the art of it all and the music, how important they are to what it is that you do. Guys like Rock Marshie and West Side Gun. How important are those guys to.
Speaker 1: What it is that you do? Very because like I said, them niggas is like the leaders of the culture. What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Rock Marcy, he damned there started this ship, you know what I'm saying. Like, and then West Side Gun he just took that ship to a different level, Like he made that ship mainstream, he made it popular in them, like he's the one, He's the trailblazer of this ship.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the day, it's like.
Speaker 4: That niggas the reason for a lot of this shit that's going on, even in mainstream shit. Like you gotta understand, like the Griselda shit and all this shit, this shit was in a pocket and it was just its own thing. It's not like it was like a mainstream like none of the fucking big time. Yeah, it was super niche. Now it's its own industry to the point where it's like, like I remember, the niggas wasn't even getting dipped.
Speaker 1: Like listen, I remember when I was trying to do this shit. I was trying to get on blogs.
Speaker 4: You get what I'm saying, Like, I was trying to do the blog thing, trying to figure out how to hell I can't even get a blog post.
Speaker 1: So in the midst of it, I always used to see this Griselda shit. Oh Griselda shit.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the fuck is this? You get what I'm saying, And then like, I don't know, I just played it one day. I was like, oh, this shit fire and then I just and it was on SoundCloud. Wasn't this was before it was on streaming. It was on but I just let it play, and then I start hearing other niggas like, oh shit, who the.
Speaker 1: Fuck is this? Who the fuck is this? That's how I heard rock Marcy. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And the thing is I probably heard rock Marsy before, but it's like that's when it stood out to me like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Then I started to do research that I.
Speaker 4: Was like, oh, this is a whole thing, but it was very small, like you could literally just reach out to it, be like yo, and then he'll answer like so now today where it's like Conductor Williams. I met him in a session with Westside Gun when nobody knowing, and then off of a West Side Gun song, he got shipped with Drake.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying. So it's like, now this is not no underground, it's his mainstream shit.
Speaker 5: It's just not.
Speaker 1: The type of music. But guess what these niggas from.
Speaker 4: Up there siphon in an energy swag all that shit from here, and then it's not like a far fetched thing for someone here to do a song with someone over there. So at the end of da nigga like Westside gunn bridge the gap from mainstream rap to this.
Speaker 1: You understand I'm saying, because you got niggas like Alchemists who always been here.
Speaker 4: Because he got songs with niggas like Kendrick Lamar. He got songs with niggas like Roame Street. So it's like this, it's the same shit. So niggas like Wes is important because he opened the door, you know what I mean, Like absolutely, he bridged the gap for a lot of shit. And Rock Marcy is important because he was literally like one of the first niggas to just make his own shit, put it out and be like, Yo, this is what it is like buck the industry shit, this is how we maneuvering.
Speaker 1: But he's still doing things with niggas that's in the industry.
Speaker 3: I hear that, I hear that.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you coming through. Man, you gotta come by more often for sure. You touring this album?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah. I got a socker to my pocket, tool on the way, socket to my pocket like that real socker treat man.
Speaker 1: Yeah real, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We definitely anytime you want to come back, come kicking with us. Man, before you get on the road, I definitely want to catch you whenever you're here in the city. You gotta pull up to twenty of your shows. I don't think I never I've never seen Rome perfore. Yeah, I never seen I never seen before. So I gotta I gottacket pocket. That's just sound like some South Road ship man.
Speaker 1: Yeah down, yeah, sack into my pocket. That ship comes from socket to get technical man. That story could get South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, socket to my pocket available now Roan Streets go get that.
Speaker 3: I'm that nigga, He's just ginger. But Netflix, get that.
Speaker 1: Scared to that. No Worrian now