Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, Hello guys. I would just like to say that I got a lot of people that were very supportive of your dream. Yep, and I can't And what if I told you I reached out to Applebee's. I'm kidding on a date.
Speaker 1: So we went from Bricktops to Appleby's all you loved it? Did you have you been at Applebe's before?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Have you? I'm Applebee San? Have you waitressed? Have not? Okay, So Friday's Macaroni girlshot to say, keep a job, you are definitely a Joe's crabshot with the coordinated dancy waitress and then get fired. That'd be great. A lot of people wrote to me and said that they'd like you to be a celebrity singing waitress, apparently sending just said. Results on the Instagram polls, fifty five percent of people think you should waitress. What are the other forty five language? But I did talk to my therapists about it, Okay, we had a lovely conversation. I brought up kind of what you said too about mourning the loss of freedom and just she had said something to me too, and a lot of people were like, I pick up one day just to go bartend because it's like my own time. And I told Amy, it's not about actually waitressing, even though yes, I very much enjoyed it, but it was just we know you have a deep passion.
Speaker 4: I really do, but.
Speaker 2: It was to help other people. And so we have come up with a game plan of what to do, which I will roll out eventually, but I'm working on it and she's helping me with it. So I'm very excited. But it'll be a way to help other people, not in a restaurant, but people that are more aligned with who I want to help.
Speaker 1: I like that idea. Yeah, so not that I'm totally against the waitressing, but.
Speaker 2: Like you just wanted to make fun of me. That was she just wanted to be a client.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I did not want to make of you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a client, and she did to be like I'll take this and I'll take this.
Speaker 2: She's like this, I want No, I said, I wanted that without you. He said like, no, you didn't.
Speaker 1: And I would literally never actually do that at a restaurant. So, even though that might be surprising, literally would hate to do that.
Speaker 2: Get with you.
Speaker 4: I would do it for sure, totally so supportive.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I would not wait on a legitimately he would legitimately. I forget what Alan hates. I'm always like Elan tomatoes, right, and he's like, I love tomatoes, and I'm like that's not a good accent. Okay. So we have something that I want to discuss. What shouldn't. I just wanted to bring it up.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Jolie came home. By the way, this is a if you're listening around children under fifth grade, just turn me down for the next five minutes. That's a good warning. Yes. So Jolie comes home from school and she's like, Mommy, can I talk to you for a second. I'm like, okay, of course, absolutely. So I was like, we're going to jump in, you know, like go in the room or whatever. She goes and the Jason was fall She's like, jac you can't be in here. And I was like, oh, I'm like, she's probably tell me she has a boyfriend or something. You know, they're the third grade, like something's going on. So Jace, you know, went into the room. I was like, you know, go clo your little cars or whatever, and Jolie goes, Mommy, I was talking to this girl at lunch. I will not name her name if she told me the name, but just out of respect, it won't say her name. We're not going to blast her. Anti Kristin to Anti Kristen is feeling like I'm blowing up the Michigan. I can feel it rising. I was like, I really want to, I won't. So I was like, okay, what did she say? She's like, she said that Santa is not real. I knew this was coming, and she goes, so is it true, mommy? Is Santa not real? And I just stared at her and I was like, what do you believe? What do you think? Because in my mind, it's not time for her not to know that Santa's not real. I think I would agree fifth grade and above. Personally for me, I think third grade is too young. Personally, I would endorse that as well. So I just trying to turn the question around in her and I just said what do you believe? And she said yeah, and I said yes. I was like and I was starting to like stumble over words. I was like, yes, Santa is real, and a part of me was like, okay, but I don't want to lie to her in this. So what I did was this is how I I concocted the thing I said, but I do want to have a conversation around it. She goes because she also said that magic isn't real, and I was like ooh. I was like, baby, the magic of Christmas is like the most beautiful time. And she's like, but I mean the Easter Bunny isn't real. And I was like, one hundred percent not real. Oh. I was like, okay, no, so I cause she's like, mommy, like a bunny jumping around. I was like, one thousand percent that's not real. And she's like, in the Tooth Fairy isn't real either, is it? And I was like no, baby, oh wow. So she got those two because I'm like and on my I'm like, how can I tell my? Then your daughter almost that like the bunny, like there's not a big bunny hopping in. So I was like, but we're still going to make it fun for Jason Roman. So she's like absolutely, But I did adult like age her into the like bunny and the tooth Fairy because she just lost a tooth too, and she's like, mommy or the tooth fairy and I was like, well, that still hasn't caught on to me. I think or love is the kind of personality actually that would have caught on. But protecting, Yeah, she just would keep going, Uh, you.
Speaker 4: Want my opinion on all of it?
Speaker 1: Sure, Well, this coming from a mom who's both of my older kids at nine.
Speaker 2: Figured it out.
Speaker 1: I think there is something about that age and I don't. I will completely disagree with you in this sense that I don't think that there's an age.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a grade. I don't think it's a.
Speaker 2: I'm just personally not ready for I think I will either. Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Think, in my opinion, there's a too young. I think it depends on the kid. Like Ramsey's eight, I don't foresee her necessarily at nine. But at the same time, I did the same thing, well do you believe that he is real? And both of my kids said no, I don't, and I said, okay, maybe I did differently, she said, and I was the same way. I didn't want to lie, so I said, well, what do you believe? And both of them, in those situations says he's not real, and I was like, Okay, and then we had a conversation and then now they helped me with Christmas Eve and all the things. But there's something about that age and it's and maybe it will be this year for Ramsey. I don't know, but there's very much something about that age, school, all the things that it just seems to be pretty consistent for us.
Speaker 2: So we went through it in kindergarten. Oh wow, that's really real, huh. And we're into Jesus School and they said they're truth tellers. And she came home and was like, so and so said, and I will not name names. Santa isn't real. And I said, well, that's really interesting. How do you feel about that, you know, because it's like you're in kindergarten. Yeah. So I actually addressed our group, our class because I thought, and I I don't remember how I put it, but I simply said, there was very little magic in my life growing up, and Santo was something that I could believe in and felt like magic. Yeah, and I am preserving that in our home. And so if you have truth tellers, I would kindly ask that they have a certain responsibility in their truth.
Speaker 1: Well, and that was another thing I said to I was like, it is not your jobs to ever say this to other children. And another thing is like some kids like me for instance, growing up, like you just never said anything to your parents. You just kept on going about as But if you have the type of kids, in my opinion, they don't want to talk to you about it and want to have a conversation. That's where it was very important to me to not lie about it and to just if they didn't believe, allow them to not because they actually wanted to have the conversation with me, which isn't always the case.
Speaker 2: I think if she would have said no, then maybe it would have been different conversation. But in the meantime, though, what I did do is when she had said yes, I go, Can I just have a one second to try and gather my thoughts? I called Pam and I was like, does heart Because I'm like, maybe this is the right age, I don't know. She's like, no, no, too young. So that's what she said to me. I was like, all right, I agree, I'm calling like me back, you know, you call her reckon because I'm like, maybe I'm just trying to keep her young Like these I just.
Speaker 1: Don't think it has to do necessarily with like a certain age, different kids are different, and you know, this is when they start talking about it though, So I'll be interested to see when it gets over to Harlow how she handles it.
Speaker 2: She's smart though, I mean they're all smart, you know, That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I just think that someone like Carlo shan't gonna say anything. Yeah, yeah, Love probably wouldn't either.
Speaker 2: She has Love asks really specific questions and I answer them to the best of my ability. Yeah, but I'm also like, I'm not gonna lie to her either. Yeah, but we don't sit on this lap. There's no like, there's a lot of things about it, and we do believe in the tooth fairy, and I think she might be skeptical of that Easter bunny. But yeah, changing complete gears right now. Uh. There is a new Housewives or is it new or is it? Have you watched given watch it? I don't even know what it is. The it's newer, I know that, yes, real how Wives of Dubai. So let's get Caroline Stanbury on the show.
Speaker 3: Hello, nice to see you all.
Speaker 2: Nice to see you. I'm Jan and this is Kat and Kristen.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Where are you currently at are you in Dubai.
Speaker 5: I'm in Dubai, sitting in my bedroom closet where I have my podcast.
Speaker 2: Is it fabulous Dubai? I've never been? You love to go? I hear it just smells great, smells great the malls or whatever. Someone said, the big old mall smells like amazing.
Speaker 5: Well, everything's clean and very fresh and they've sort of pumped sent through it.
Speaker 2: And yes, doesn't smell like Abercrombie, is what you're saying, which is what we're used to over here.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Wait, so how long have you been living in Dubai for?
Speaker 3: This will be my nine nearly nine years years.
Speaker 2: Wow. What is the biggest difference that you see from moving from London?
Speaker 5: Well, just the safety aspect is amazing. You know, I don't have to lock my doors. I you know, we don't. We don't sleep.
Speaker 3: We could if you take off your watch at the beach and put it on the bed and go for a swim, it will be there when you get back.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I feel like London is so safe.
Speaker 5: No mm hmm, you're crazy stabbing No, yeah, it's getting it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day there is stabbing and I'm like, oh, it's safe, safer than.
Speaker 5: Your everybody's getting robbed with mop heads and like, no, it's not safe.
Speaker 3: So we don't have any of that here.
Speaker 2: I love that and you are okay. The call to get the Real Housewives of Dubai. How did that come together?
Speaker 5: Bravo just contacted me and truly, so you know, I don't know how it came together. I mean, I guess it was in the planning and then Bravo when they planned to make it, Bravo told told the production house I was here.
Speaker 2: And you were originally a Lady of London, right and that series? Yeah okay. So was it an instant yes for you to go back into reality TV or were you like I need a second with this.
Speaker 3: No, I mean i'd had a second. I had six years off, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a good break. I mean, were you like eager to go back or did you think, hang on, I need to Like.
Speaker 3: I was eager. I was ready. I wanted to go back.
Speaker 5: I was really excited, Like I think, you know, I was equate doing something like this, like being pregnant. You know, when you're in it, you hate it, and then afterwards you're like, let's do it again.
Speaker 2: Just long enough to forget all the things you didn't.
Speaker 3: Like, right, Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: That's right. It becomes charming in your brain again. Yes, And is your your now husband, Sergio? Was he all on board or was he needing a minute as well? Was this like a unanimous yes for you guys that were No, he.
Speaker 3: Was straight on board.
Speaker 5: You know, Sergio's had a level of fame I suppose, paying for you know, such a big soccer team for seven years. You know that going into the stadium you always had like people around you and people talking about you and knowing who you are. So he was ready and he kind of I think things don't phase him.
Speaker 2: Is there anything off limits for you too? You know I would I'd imagine in the reality world like this, they want all the dirt and they want all of the things, right. That's what makes these shows so wildly popular as they get to see all the behind the scenes. Is there anything that you two kind of sat down and agreed upon ahead of time and said we're absolutely not doing this on camera, we're not showing that, or we're not talking about this to protect any sort of privacy, or do you just go all in.
Speaker 3: Well, we won't be making a sex video.
Speaker 2: Well just really myth by Yeah that's the line.
Speaker 3: We found that. No, not really.
Speaker 5: We you know, we understand that we're on a show, and even when we're off the show, we we are pretty prolific on Instagram and all of the you know, YouTube and things like that. I believe that it's quite fun to see because we've such an age gap relationship. You know, there's so many misconceptions about how this works, why he's here, what, you know, how our what our dynamic is. So no, I'm not embarrassed or ashamed about any of it. You know, we've we love hard, we fight hard, you know, we have we laugh all the time. And I think it's nice to show people that this relationship how it works, you know, because people don't understand, you know, that the age gap relationships this way round can work. You know, before I got I became when sorry married Sergio, I googled every sort of made to December relationship this way round, and I was like, no, cannot work. You know, there's just there's no one. There's macron, you know, and that's about it. Like it's not gonna work, but you know it's working.
Speaker 2: What was the biggest thing that worked in that nineteen year gap, and then what's the thing that's been working against you? Guys.
Speaker 5: The biggest thing that works, I think is the fun aspect, like love, the laughter and at my age and being where I am in life, like honestly, there's something about belly laughing that is priceless, like literallyking priceless.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't swap it for the world, and like, you know, I'm not. I've never been motivated by money.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking for a rich old man on a super yacht, which a lot of the women and.
Speaker 3: These shows are.
Speaker 5: I'm fully aware of what I got and what Sergio and I are building together, and I really love the journey with him. That's what the hustle and the fun of what we're doing, you know, keeps us alive.
Speaker 3: So that's the bit I enjoy.
Speaker 5: The biggest factor against us, I suppose is maybe the children thing, because you know, my children are leaving home and I'm I've become quite selfish and I love my I love my crazy life with Sergia. We get on a you know, a plane and we're you know, we're just booking Iceland now, you know, and all of that, and then we're going to London next week and then he's off to Spain and and I'm like, that has to change, that will stop. It can't happen with the top with a baby. It doesn't doesn't work.
Speaker 2: It's definitely more challenging. Yeah, you know, I mean that's is that something he wants there.
Speaker 5: Desperately, and I'm desperately trying to persuade him out of it.
Speaker 3: Called you are I'm forty eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh you don't look forty eight. Yeah, I mean, well listen, I mean it's you're in a different age with your kids. I mean, that's just something we talk about all the time because it's like, you know, she's got older kids, you know, oldt so that will be on the other side, you know, to start again. And it's like, so my.
Speaker 5: Son fourteen, I've got two at fourteen and one at eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be tough.
Speaker 2: And it's like I had another one with my now husband, and it is I mean, like granted, both my kids they're still like youngish, it's like almost six and nine, but then you know, having a baby again, I mean it really because it's like, okay, you're back to you know, being back for nep schedules in this and you can't really travel as much you have to, so that's it's limiting certain things that you want to do, right, And we had it in the beginning, it was like all right, this weeknd, we don't have any kids, and it's like no, now we're always going to have a kid. There are now like kid free weekends, you know. So it's like but so, I mean, that'd be hard, but it's also something he doesn't have. So that's got to be really tough because if he really wants a baby, you know, it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he's staying.
Speaker 5: That's always the question. But again, you can't live in fear of these things. And I don't believe in ever living in fear. You know, what what will be will be. And you know, I'm not going to also have a baby because I'm scared of that for all the wrong reasons. And I'm also you know, I'm also very relaxed about life and pragmatic about life. You know, you can't force somebody to stay for any reason. And I think you know, having a baby right now for me, I mean, we just started building a hotel in Bali.
Speaker 3: We're back and forth with I love my life.
Speaker 5: As you said, you know, being divorced, you have one week on, one week off.
Speaker 3: I quite like being myself again.
Speaker 2: I film.
Speaker 5: We've just been on a speaking tour. We're never you know, we are all over the place, you know, and the thought of like as you said, once you have a baby, you know, when school starts, you can't even get on a plane. You have to stay. So you know, I'm looking forward to those days. So I really don't know. That is the biggest biggest challenge and age gap relationship this size is because you're right, he doesn't have a baby and he deserves to experience being a father obviously.
Speaker 2: If do you think'll come down to that like ultimatum where he's like, I want a baby or I'm out.
Speaker 3: He says not.
Speaker 5: But you know, I can't be sure of that. But you can't be sure of anything in life, you know, And that's the decision I'll have to live with for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: You know. Whether I make the right one or the wrong one, you just don't know, but you know it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Right on this season of Real Housewiods of Dubai, you mentioned that you think that your relationship will be ten to fifteen years. Is this a piece of that or is there something else that goes on in your brain that just gives you this like decade decade and a half kind of time frame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's a big piece of it.
Speaker 5: You know, he will want to start a family, and if I can't or don't want to that, you know, he has every right to. And that's the way it is, you know, And I can't fault him for that. If I decide not to and he really decides he can't live without a baby, that's a very very big decision for him to live childless because I've decided I've got my own.
Speaker 1: How is his relationship with your children and how do they get along?
Speaker 5: It's it's you know, it's up and down. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's just not. That's the relationship that many stepparents have. The more people I speak to families, it just is the way it is. When they love you, they love you and you're cool and like they love to play you off the other the father, and there a lot of times they use a step parent as you know, as bargaining and all of these things to get what they want and kids, A kid's a you know, it's not easy being a step parent for anyone, you know, and throw in an age gap as well, you sort of miss a lot of the respect level that maybe they would have for an older parent. You know, it's it's challenging. It's very challenging, but as good as it can be.
Speaker 3: We have it right now good.
Speaker 1: Can imagine those older ages and with the age gap, that would be tough, Like if you had younger kids like you've had, you know, I mean just that would be that I feel like that would be a really hard thing to maneuver for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also feel like I'm just like in this, I'm like, Okay, what would I do? You know, because Alan and I were just having yet again another conversation about a baby, and it was one of those things where ketherne where you know, eat it. I wonder if you're just like, if your hard no is now so that way it doesn't have to be a thing that continues to just linger on in the relationship where it's just like this is just what it is. It's a no, and you know, let's continue our lives and not have this thing that is on our back the entire next ten years. You know, it's really you can.
Speaker 5: Make a hard no because it's not you know, I waiver. It's not like I do give the children and go okay. You know, friends bring over their babies and I'm like, no, no, I can't do this, you know, I just I don't feel that maternal. But then maybe he always tries to persuade me that, you know, when it's our baby, it'll be you know, different, which is true.
Speaker 3: You know, do you feel maternal to other people's babies.
Speaker 2: To Janice only to Janice's baby? But I don't. But when I do. When I was pregnant with and you and you had I was pregnant and she had just what last year you were had Lion, and I was just like, oh my god, what did I do? Because I just I was I wasn't ready to step back into that again. And I'm just like I'm forty and oh my god, and like you know, and just I'm like, this isn't And I had this and I remember Sarah came up to me and she was like, you will love your baby, and I'm like, well, I ca, can you give us a minute? I think that I love I love lying. I'm just saying. But in that moment, I was like, I don't know if I'm ready to step back into this, and I but now I'm eight months pregnant and oh my god, and like that anxiety of like, I will say this, though, I think for the is deeply and as deeply as you feel about him and the things that you have to say about him, I think that I'm just gonna I'm gonna sit back and watch because I feel like there's such a respect for him that I think this would be really beautiful. And I will say this, it is much different. Our gaps are the same. So almost nine six and a baby one year old. Oh wow, this time around has been and I'm forty two, but it has been so special and different because we know how fleeting it is, I think, and we know how fast it goes, so like I didn't travel for the end of pregnancy year and for a lot of the first year. But I also just, oh, I just like soaked it up because I know how fast it goes, you know. And I think when you get to look at like a little Sergio, I mean, you guys are just a stunning couple and you seem to have really beautiful respect for each other, which is something that a lot of couples are missing. And just like this idea that you get to build a fun life together, I would say baby over split exactly.
Speaker 3: He is my best friend.
Speaker 5: We have so much fun, and I think on the show you don't see as much fun as that we do have. So you know, that's why I don't want to give him a hard note. It's not a hard note. You know what's sad. Actually it is that we're just starting to build our brands together and we've really got into the rhythm of working together as husband and wife. And in an ideal world, you know, we would we would. He doesn't want a baby today, you know, we would have it in two to three years, except I'm forty eight, so that makes me, you know, fifty one before we start, and that's a whole different thing. Right, So if the time crunch wasn't there, then you know, we do it in just not while we're in the middle of all of this, but as it happens, we don't have a choice. It's like everyone's like, you don't have long like you have to do it now. If you're going to do it, you've got to do it now, and I'm I'm that piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate that too, and that's the piece that is stopping me. Is like age, you know, I just I hate that. And my husband's older, so I feel that on the other side, you know, like I'm like, our babies don't deserve to have, like, you know, an eighty year old dad when they're graduating college or whatever. So we have to stop. I mean not that I feel young. This last one really did me and it was beautiful. But okay, moving on from the baby talk. If you could fire one member of the cast, who would it be? Oh my god, that's only one, Carolyn said.
Speaker 3: I agreely.
Speaker 5: Actually, I've just got to a place where they don't all hate me, sob I'm sure you will know my answer really, but I'm not going to say that.
Speaker 2: Why why do they not like you? I don't because I have not I have not watched yet, which now I'm going to. But what why don't they like you?
Speaker 3: Oh? I don't know, just never have I guess probably intimidated. Who knows.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love you a lot, well, usually because you're you're the big housewife watching in this and it's like most women hate the women that yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely know, and yeah, yeah that's usually the case.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm definitely confident and happy in my own skin and I don't want to be anywhere else.
Speaker 3: So maybe that just bothers them.
Speaker 4: That is very intimidating for a lot of women, insecure women in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then are you hated by the fans too?
Speaker 3: Then no, not at all. That's why I don't think a lot of women.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've get a lot of love from women, believe it or not, like a lot because they feel like I get a lot of words that, you know, I give them hope that I show, you know, like I left my.
Speaker 3: Very stable, normal life.
Speaker 5: I've you know, done marrit a twenty four year old, I've done everything that's different, moved to the Middle East, you know, gone onto the reality show. I think I've shown women, you know, a totally different side of what is possible, you know, outside of what we've been told is possible or what society says we should be doing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you have your podcast uncut and uncensored. What is one of the biggest lessons that you've learned in life just.
Speaker 5: To be able to pivot? I think that life never goes the way you think it's going to go. I mean, I could not have foreseen this journey at all. I mean if you told me. And when I moved to the Middle East, I did not think Housewives was coming to the Middle East. You know, I didn't know. I didn't know I'd be married to a twenty four year old my age. You know, all of the things that have happened to me, I did not foresee. And I think being able to be resilient, to be able to pivot, and to be able to make those choices and just go with the flow, is that is the biggest thing. Like, don't turn things down because you're scared. You know, if you're scared, you should do them.
Speaker 2: If you're scared, you shouldn't marry him. How did you meet your husband?
Speaker 5: He had just come back from playing football in Europe and he was in Newport Beach and I was doing a podcast live in Newport Beach, so and he it was like women's empowerment and he was one of the only men in the audience.
Speaker 3: Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: And then how did he get your attention? He was the only man in the audience.
Speaker 3: He came to the.
Speaker 5: Meet and greet with a friend of his because it was all women basically, and I actually thought he was quite good looking for a single girl friend of mine. So we got talking and I was like, oh, you're single. He said yes. I said I've got a girl for a few and so we swapped numbers and that was that. Then it just ended up being me and me en.
Speaker 3: So cute.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. Oh, I really love Carol. Everyone watched Real Housewives is Dubai, Aeron and Bravo, and listen to Uncut and Uncensored podcast new episodes every Wednesday. Thank you so much for coming on the show. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wait for your birth announcement. I'm pretty pumped for you, Carolyn.
Speaker 1: I will thanks bye bye you too.
Speaker 2: Can we hit two pop culture things really fast?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Thoughts on Ben and Jen I'm thoughtless.
Speaker 4: This one just makes me sad.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make me a little sad too. I just can't imagine all the layers they navigate.
Speaker 4: So that the announcement was interesting to me.
Speaker 2: I don't even see. I think people read into things too much. Like, for example, Mica texts me, I can't remember now, but this was uh when we had released a story we actually released on his birthday. I had no idea. No, I'm like, I'm like, I don't think she purposely planned to do it on that day. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I meant, Okay, you know that means nothing to me.
Speaker 2: That I was like, I don't even as your birthday and I would never purposely, ever plan a single really on your birthday, calmed down, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, not that part at all.
Speaker 1: What's interesting to me is I feel like we truly haven't known what's going on, who wants out, who, whatever? And then her sources comments were just interesting to me because it was basically like she's tired of waiting was one.
Speaker 2: Of the quotes.
Speaker 1: That makes me sad, And I'm like, interesting because we truly don't know like who, and so it made it sound like I don't know what the case is that she truly and again who knows what the truth is, but that she's been wanting to make it work and he has just been like done, which I understand most people are going to go obviously she's terrible to him, like and I hold out hope that she's a nice human. However, people have said otherwise so I understand that maybe there were things that probably happened and he was unhappy, and you know, then she was trying to make it work. I don't know, it was just the quotes were very interesting. It sounded like she was trying to make it work, but it was sick of waiting so wild and I just I'm like, what I mean, I don't know, it's none of our business. But the same time, I'm just like, what happened here?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. I just I will always be sad for the girl that keeps fighting for love. Yeah, I know it isn't that isn't happy and in love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he looked miserable from the kick go. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: He kind of has resting miserable face though. I mean see him like I know I do too, but like I don't ever see it.
Speaker 1: I don't did we see him happy before her or did all of these memes just start coming out once he was with her.
Speaker 2: I don't know, That's what I'm saying, Like, I don't know that. I maybe he just default is you know, like guys, I might have and I don't feel like I have resting happy face. I'm just a person out in.
Speaker 1: The wild looks extra miserable, and again I love him too.
Speaker 2: That he's just he looks just is it the smoke breaks one that you're talking closing the door one that that was funny every because I feel like every relationship has been in that where just like closing the door.
Speaker 1: Opens the door where and shut his face like it just makes me laugh every time.
Speaker 2: I feel like that just explains like our relationship.
Speaker 4: It does it totally point but no, I just but it makes.
Speaker 2: Sense everyone to be happy, Yeah, but it makes me sad. Thoughts on have you guys seen it ends with us? It's on Blake Lively stuff, m.
Speaker 4: Someone else go first.
Speaker 2: I feel very out of touch right now. I'm a little in the weeds of my own four walls. But what I have gathered is that Blake's co star has a very different interview process and words to say than she does about the movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, is that accurate? And I think that he has been very kind. I think that he has told people to lay off. However, that interview which that woman has really again, I don't know much about Blake Lively. I don't have an opinion on Blake Lively. To be completely honest.
Speaker 2: With my thing that I posted about my therapists and opinions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did see. Yeah, it was because you had told you had told me about it and then listening and I understood what you were saying. But it was really help and never fully express the way that the therapist. It was super helpful to listen to it, and I was like absolutely. But watching the clip from that interview where she said congratulations on your bump and she said congratulations on your bump, that that did not sit well with me. I didn't see it's, yeah, I didn't. I did not love that.
Speaker 4: But maybe it was a bad day. I don't know. I don't know much about it.
Speaker 1: Other than that I did come across that, and that woman has spoken out about how it made her feel and you know, all the things. So I don't think that that And maybe she did something wrong in a part I haven't seen in the interview. Maybe there was something that set her off. I do not know. However, I don't think that the reporter or the interviewer did anything wrong saying congratulations because it was out that she was pretty. But it sounds like I'm the only one that's going to say my opinion on this, I don't I.
Speaker 2: Really don't have one. I just haven't had like enough like bandwidth to go in and go Like I didn't even know what the movie was truly about. I just was the title was intriguing to me. And then I kept kind of like it was trying to pop into an algorithm and I'm like, you're messing up my therapy homeschooling algorithm Instagram, So get her out of here.
Speaker 1: But it was everywhere because they started going down rabbit holes. I guess so, And then what about you, Kramer, what's your opinion?
Speaker 2: Well, I think, how did my therapist say this? My only opinion goes to what I would hope that I would love the messaging to go to dB with media instead of talking about riffs and everything else, Like the movie is about domestic violence. I haven't seen the movie. A lot of things. I have a tough time watching movies. Yeah, sure deal with domestic violence. Given my history with it. It was obviously very challenging to act and that the movie that I did this past summer, But I still have a tough time. And I had asked Sydney, who's our producer on the shows, like, hey, how heavy is the because from what I had just heard of things, it was more of a I thought it was kind of like a rom com bring a Girls to the movie, just kind of from what I've like was seeing and I love like Lively, So I was like, you know, I really want to see the movie and she was like, you know, it's really heavy and DV and I'm like, oh, like, I don't know if I'll be able to watch it then yeah. And I started hearing, you know, stuff about the interviews, and for me, I was just like, it made me sad because I just want the messaging to be about domestic violence and how to help people and how to get help. And I think it's hard because when you're in interviews, they're going to ask the lead a bunch of questions. Like even when we were doing my very small movie in New York, they ask about everything, and it's unfortunate that you're just going to get certain clips like they asked about my wedding, they asked about this, they asked about that, and so, you know, and I talked about those things. So because that's in the interviews, and I don't know if people are just editing certain I have no idea. But to your point, the reason you may perceive it as a rom com is because of the way her interviews seem to have a common thread. Well, I don't know if it's just being edited that way, you know, I think that whole thing is I just literally just the only thing I will say is I think it's hard for people to talk about domestic violence when they haven't themselves been in real life had the hands of domestic violence on them. So for people to say it doesn't define you, it does define you. It's now it's not how do I say this any therapists, Well, it doesn't define you, but it has made me who I am. So though people can say it doesn't define you, it is one of the biggest pieces of me is domestic violence and has been the biggest thread in my life. So I just think instead of all the media outlet it's talking about riffs and this and that, I'm like, can we just get to the subject and educate people on what to do and those things? And I'm not this is this is this is nothing even against like because I have I have no real opinion about the everything else. I just can we just go to the messaging of how I man can get help and project this exists? Why exactly?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And it's okay to answer other questions in interview because interviewers ask other questions. They're gonna they're not just going to solely ask questions about domestic violence. It is then the media who's picking up the things that are not about and that's what makes me frustrated when I did my media outlet and this is in defense of Blake, because when I was doing again, a very small, not big movie, but people picked up, oh about her wedding and this, that and the other, and I'm like, where's the messaging of domestic violence that we talked about, and like that should have been the story, not the I'm going to be wearing this too. The It's like I talked about a really heavy subject and that's not even the headline because they don't care about that. Not even don't care about it, but they're not Like that's not the click that they're going to get. People want to click oh what, you know, if they're wearing kilts or something, you know, And so I think that's the Like I just wish with a heavy topic, the media would be talking about how people can get help and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe Blake did talk about that a lot. I think the problem is is when people went back and dug in in the past, not even just about this movie, they found a lot of unflattering interview pieces, and then now that's become the story and now that's what everybody It did start with, like the riffs and like why is there a riff?
Speaker 4: Why are they not following? Which is so silly to me, and then.
Speaker 2: It doesn't care about that.
Speaker 4: Now people can get out silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so silly.
Speaker 1: But I can see where this has manifested, and I hate it because it does overshadow the domestic violent stuff. However, I can understand why people are now going, wait, this wasn't okay what she did here and what she did there in certain interviews, So I can see both sides of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I will see you guys next week. On that note, love you guys. I'm bye. I love you. If you or someone you know needs help, call the Domestic Violence Hotline at one eight hundred seven ninety nine seven two three three. Help is available