Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's get a check on some of the stocks on the move for that. Let's toss things over the Bloomberg News crosshouse. That reporter Deniza Stikova, She's back at Bloomberg headquarters in New York City. You are watching some stocks on the move. Nike, man, it's been off and running. See what I did there.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Nike. The ticker is n key Ke. The stock rules as much as eighteen percent today. That was actually the biggest intro day jump in about twenty six years. Now it's about fourteen to fifteen percent. Nike said it's ear long sales decline is starting to ease and forecast to this more than inspected drop in revenue and obviously to send the stock on a massive jump today. We have had the new CEO, elliotts Ho, having so many stretches, moves, refocusing on sports cleanup inventories. They've been trying to lure more women into the brand. We have Nike schemes which actually there was a Deale, which was in great news for investors, but also the Nike's returning to Amazon. They're expecting to have their own featured store, so they're all those developments, which a lot of them have been derailed with tariffs. The stock was actually is actually down five percent year today, but today we're seeing really big relief and optimism and really one of the best days in quite some time for Nike, up about fourteen percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a big question that a lot of people have is, Okay, what does this revamp look like under Elliott Hill? How long is it going to take? As we talked with Punam Goyel yesterday, how are they going to Why aren't they selling down this inventory as quickly as we thought they would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I think a big situation. But I think what she also said earlier this morning is that you know, they got more clarity about that and kind of what the company is doing, and I think there was more specifics and more detail that made investors, certainly for feel much more upbeat.
Speaker 1: I just want to repeat fifteen percent to the other side on daily today.
Speaker 3: But the stock's still down I think about four percent this year, So it's just a reminder of how much they've had to come back. Hey, I feel like this whole week we've been talking about driverless cars. There's so much going on, Denita, Uber and Lyft are on your radar, and those are you know, super easy tickers as well.
Speaker 4: Super easy ticker Uber is Uber and Lift, of course, says y f t. The stocks are down. Uber is down about three percent, Lift is down about two percent, and it's interesting. It's coming off a note by Kanacor, which is seeing potential for rapid disruption as saying that robotax is complex could disrupt the rate hil. This is kind of interesting thesis because we have seen Uber partner with way more. We have seen those companies working together so far, so this is one of the first big costs we're seeing for disruption, and that's also moving the price. The challenge for Uber and Lift, donaldly says, is how long a hybrid network will stay relevant and what value can add they add in that paradigm shift. Of course, we had the news about Uber yesterday looking for their co their original founder to actually acquire and look into their own old company for automatic driving. Where yet to see if that will happen. But the competition is heating up there, and today we're seeing pressure down for two companies that are actually having a great year. Uber is up about fifty percent year today. Lift this up about twenty percent year to date. But this is raising questions about a new paradigm, and you know investors are very sensitive and they always want to stay ahead the new trend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean an Uber sold off its advanced technologies group, what five years ago at this point, Kyl So yeah, five years ago, which Travis Callen It kind of saw the writing on the wall when he started. He started working on this technology, was a lot of money, It cost a lot of money, investors didn't love it, dark casershaw. He sold it off. So kind of what's old is new again, that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, it's really kind of fascinating to see, like this whole cycle one more real quickly, I.
Speaker 4: Say Wilder, the ticket is e L. That's one company that needs relief really badly. This has three consecutive years of losses. It's up seven percent year to date and two percent today. It's coming off. HSBC upgrades saying that the company it's this is the end of the downrade cycle. We saw a similar known by Dotchi Bank that the company is diversifying beyond China, so some optimism for a stock that has been under a lot of pressure for quite some time.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.