Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio on Sunday, Sunday, as we are back at it on this what is it now?
Speaker 1: The fourth day of May? All right, we're already were there.
Speaker 4: Hello day, Hello, May the fourth be with you? Benjamin.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I have noticed that Star Wars a number of promotions. They must have a deal with Major League Baseball. The Angels had one, the Giants have one. Like a bunch of different teams all partnered up randomly with Star Wars related giveaways. There's got to be some kind of corporate deal between Major League Baseball and Star Wars. I swear every time I watch one of these random games, there's a Star Wars promotion. Before we get to the mailbag. You're a music guy, so I thought this would be perfect for you. I got sent this press release. It's like a pr release.
Speaker 1: Who sent me this? Let me check down. This is from Sports Millions. I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 3: It said, please attribute to Sports Millions. So I've attributed to Sports Millions. And so these are the top five anthems that are played after a win.
Speaker 1: After a win.
Speaker 3: So the science behind it, they say, there's a science behind it, not just a feel good story. There's actually a science behind it. There's new research out from again this place called Sports Millions that certain songs appear up to three times more often during stadium victories than losses. And they claim they the tracks don't just excite the crowd, they psychologically prime both players and fans. Yes, that's this sounds like some bull crap. Sounds like some bull crap to me. But you want to give it a shout? Or should I just go through the songs here, Danny? I mean there's a million songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm sure I could name a couple right off the bat here. So I'm thinking Queen made the list.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Queen is number two on the little list. We we are the champions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: By that song is that from the seventies of the eighties, that song, that's a that's an old tune.
Speaker 4: Right man. That's got to be late seventies, I want to say, late seventies.
Speaker 3: Al right, So that's been around a long time. That was number two. Just if Terry's listening, Terry, this is not a list. This is a big board. And it's not even my big it's some PR people sent me this, so it's not my big board.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So we've got you've gotten and that's very good, Danny one. I would not have gotten one. Probably you've gotten one right there.
Speaker 4: All right, let me try to get a second one. I'm gonna I'm gonna say cool in the gang made the list. Would celebrate good time, clebrate good times, come home.
Speaker 1: A I like that song.
Speaker 3: B Unfortunately not on the topo, the top five. Not on the top five. All right, so let me give you. I'll start with number you already got number two.
Speaker 1: But number five.
Speaker 4: I have the tiger.
Speaker 1: I have the tiger is that is number four?
Speaker 3: Okay, number four, so it is on here. I have a Tiger survivor and that is that is the number four. So you got number two, number four. Number five is from Journey.
Speaker 1: From Journey. Number five is stop Believing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you remember the Dodgers even used to do that for every even thinning stretch and a few years back they stopped doing that.
Speaker 3: Well, they stopped doing it because people complained about the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Is that why?
Speaker 3: That's what I had heard of. Somebody told me that people got offended.
Speaker 4: By the give Me a Break.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there was one.
Speaker 3: I think once people people like singing along and then there were people complaining, like, you know, I'm bringing my kids to the game. I don't know that we should be singing singing that song. I don't know about that. And you know, all it takes is one person to complain. Isn't it about like picking up hookers or something like that?
Speaker 1: A bunch of hookers and cocaine?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: So anyway, who cares? So number five is don't Stop Believing?
Speaker 1: By Journey. Number four I of the Tiger. You got that one.
Speaker 3: Number three. When I think of this song, I think of the Boston Red Sox. That's the song I think of at Finway Park. That would be week Carolina re Old diamond.
Speaker 4: But that's not really an anthem for after a win. That's like an anthem that people sing along with when they're drunk at a bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, it's from from Finway to Wembley in across in the UK.
Speaker 1: There they play Sweet Caroline. So that was number three.
Speaker 3: You got number two, we are the champions and number one. Number one answer, number one one the White Stripes, Seven Nation Army.
Speaker 1: Yeah, number one.
Speaker 4: Hear that a lot at sporting events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say that this became the the go go to thing in six at the World Cup and that ever since then. You know, it's almost twenty years later. It is synonymous the seven Nation Army. You know what I like the one the Mets closer a couple of years ago Timmy trumpet song. I don't even know it's called. I forget the name of it, not that that's played. I just randomly popped into my head, you know what I'm talking about. When the closer for the Mets comes in, they'll play the oh.
Speaker 4: Of course, yeah, d d yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: What is the name of that? Now it's gonna cald I'm gonna check. Hold on, I'm checking. I know I know the name I'm gonna find it here. Uh Paige, damn page. Now let me see if we can find it. Here's gonna piss me off. I can't keep doing the I know the name of it.
Speaker 4: That's when Edwin Diaz takes the mound. Yeah, yeah, it's it's I want to say, Narco.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, Narco yes, Narco Okay. Now we can move on with the podcast.
Speaker 1: To move on.
Speaker 4: What did the Nuggets play in the arena after they beat the Clippers in Game seven?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I turned the game off, so who cares. That doesn't matter. What is still wrong with the Clippers? All right? So anyway, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's that's it again, not unless that's a big board. And they went into all this psychology and all this nonsense about this, that and the other thing, and it says a little much.
Speaker 4: Of course. The one song you and I want to hear after a baseball game in LA is I Love La from Randy Newman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the classic Absolutely look at that bum over there. Anyway, all right, Morio, we have the mail bag, the actual mailbag, actual letters by actual listeners. If you'd like to be part of this, Ohio, we'll get us started here in a second. But if you want to send a letter in, we've been doing very well recently, got some new people who are checking in and saying hello, and some of the old favorites.
Speaker 1: Are still there, which is so cool, so so cool.
Speaker 3: But email us Real fifth hour at gmail dot com, all letters, no numbers, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, and put your name and city if you want credit, otherwise you'll be from parts unknown. And if you don't say your name, we won't even say that. So just make sure to do that. But Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Try get that in by Friday if possible.
Speaker 1: That would help us out a lot. Let's get to OHIOO it's.
Speaker 3: Fail. Thank you very much the great Ohio who hopefully I will meet at some point here if we get to the Buckeye state. First email up is from Vinnie the book Breaker from Atlantic City. You want to bet, I'll bet your dollar. Vinnie has it doesn't actually win money betting on sports. You want to bet that anyway, Vinnie.
Speaker 1: Says, bet.
Speaker 3: I want to get your thoughts on the biggest betting story of twenty twenty five, and he says it's picking who the next pope is. Going to be he said, you can. You can bet on this on the crypto platforms. You can bet on whether or not you can. You know, you can figure out the I guess there's favorites. Obviously, there's lines posted on this. The current front runner, according to Vinnie as of this email, is a Cardinal Pietro Proloone.
Speaker 1: I believe I'm probably butchering his name.
Speaker 3: The Secretary of State of the Vatican, with a twenty three percent chance of winning. According to poly Market, which is where you can bet on this, the second place is the cardinal from the Philippines, dubbed the Asian Francis.
Speaker 1: Oh, that guy's got a nickname.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the guy with a nickname, Danny, the Asian Francis.
Speaker 1: That's a good nickname.
Speaker 4: Why does this sound like you're picking horses again like you did on your overnight show The.
Speaker 1: H No, it does sound like that.
Speaker 3: Nineteen nineteen percent. Another favorite among the betters is a Cardinal Peter Turks of Ghana.
Speaker 4: So this I went to the clinic for that one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So, Vinny, I don't know what you want me to listen. I have no idea who any of these people are no clue. I mean, I hope somebody you know, I'm sure somebody really old.
Speaker 3: My entire life, the pope's always been really, you can't have a young pope, right, Danny, You've got to have an old pope. You can't be a young spry. It's kind of like you can't have a young president.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think we've had one president born after nineteen forty five. I believe in the history, you know, it's been a minute, and it's always like older people or president. My life, I don't I can't recall a young pope, can you not? That I can track these things, but they're always like old men that are the pope?
Speaker 4: Do you really quick? Do you believe in a pope? Mobile scrambler Rich Davis tells this story that he and his wife on their honeymoon. They were overseas and they randomly happened to be in the same town that the popemobile was driving through. So Rich thought, oh, what an awesome selfie moment this is, and he ran over and as the popemobile was going behind him, he took all these selfies with his cell phone, and he's like, I can't wait to post. This opens up his phone. None of the pictures were there. They were all scrambled.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And so he he swears, he swears that they have a scrambler so that people can't take pictures of it up close.
Speaker 3: Why would they wouldn't they want people to take pictures of the pope to spread the gospel that outbreak the pope is I want to round the Pope.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 4: Covino jokes and told him it's user error, that he just was a nickum poop and didn't use his phone the right way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 3: You have a favorite day any you want to pick your favorite for the pope?
Speaker 1: You want to help Vinnie out.
Speaker 4: My favorite pope Leonard, Pope of the Arizona Cardinals. You're a big fan of Leonard Pope?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotcha, all right, anyway, there it is, thank you for.
Speaker 1: That, Vinnie. Good luck. We were no help to you. But it doesn't matter. You'll get to pick wrong probably anyway, and then there'll.
Speaker 3: Be a puff of white smoke from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel and the crowd will go wild and all that. Do you think they like order pizza like Uber eats at the conclave. You think they've got or do they just not eat? I don't have no idea, all right, Clay rights in not Clay. Travis Clay from Austin, Texas, says little Ben Danny. I hope you're doing well. Happy birthday, Ben. He says, it looks like your UFO theory has been proven. Correct, Ben, do you work for the CIA? Clay says.
Speaker 1: No, I do not work.
Speaker 3: As far as I know, I do not work for the CIA. Clay sent a story that says is secret. Did you see this any secret? CIA documents have claimed that aliens are operating hidden bases on Earth, including deep under the sea and inside remote mountain ranges.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is one of your theories.
Speaker 3: Yes, this has been a long standing malor theory that deep under the oceans there are a there's like portals underneath, and alien life forms are living and they might not even be from other planet.
Speaker 1: They might just be part of this planet. We just don't know, oh what.
Speaker 3: Species they are and they live under the ocean. Let me give you some more on this.
Speaker 1: Clay, and thank you. Clay. He says.
Speaker 3: He sent me a link to a story in one of the tabloids in London, says a declassified from the US Freedom and Information Act. They do suggest that they are from space but already living living amongst us at secret locations. Be It says. Among the locations are the Mount Hayes in Alaska, Mount Perdido in Spain, and various underwater sites off the coast of Puerto Rico and near the Bahamas. I think they're out here in the Pacific too, out where we are.
Speaker 1: I think they're on the Pacific, so here on Fact Sports Radio, God Radio College.
Speaker 3: G exactly, Gollig. I had a weird thought the other day. Did you see the thanks Clay. By the way, we'll move on from that.
Speaker 4: Did you see the both Clay? That was Clay Travis.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Did you see that President Trump was on a TV show this week and he said he supported stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith running for president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw this.
Speaker 3: So how amazing would it be, Danny if we had if Clay ran for president and Stephen A ends up running for president and then like Steven A is the Democratic guy and plays the Republican.
Speaker 1: Guy and they're both former Fox.
Speaker 3: Sports Radio morning guys to become the president of the United States.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be awesome? That'd be that'd be great.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, I'd be moving to Washington, DC.
Speaker 3: That would Hey, I might even get some cheesy advisor role. I mean, there's enough of those jobs. How many jobs of the to the does the president have where you just given out money? Basically you can become the ambassador of you know whatever, Zimbabwe or something like that, and it's a it's a great gig, but that would be wild. It's not gonna happen, but it's for a minute to think about.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 3: Paul a proud saddleback guy writes in on the mail bag and he says, the proof isn't in the pudding, bend. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. So okay, thank you, Paul. I don't know what you want me to do. We've done the proof is in the pudding many times over the years on this podcast for the phrase of the week. That phrase goes all the way back to the sixteen hundreds, and the proof of the pudding is in the eating was the original phrase. It was popularized in like sixteen fifteen. And the pudding, by the way, is not like putting. You'd get at the grocery store. It was like a sausage. So putting back then in the sixteen hundreds of men sausage and the only way you confirm it was good was by eating it. Yeah, all right, Michael, Michael from Georgia.
Speaker 1: That's a big state. I'm assuming Atlanta, but who knows.
Speaker 3: Michael writes and says Ben and Danny, is this a horror movie or is this real?
Speaker 1: And then he sends a he sent a story Danny.
Speaker 3: Of super bedbugs on the rampage. It says, the scientists believe that they are now immune to pesticides, immune to pestage. Okay, what are we supposed to do with that? You're all going to die from bedbugs? Is that what's going to happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is something you would have to worry about with the sort of hotels you like to book.
Speaker 1: Listen, I check the bed, it's not if anything's hopping on the bed. I don't sleep on the bed.
Speaker 3: And most of the time you can get bed bugs at a five star hotel.
Speaker 1: People get bed bugs everywhere. Oh, come on, see this is one of those fouls.
Speaker 4: Well, I but your odds are a lot higher. Let's be honest, your odds are a lot higher when you're at a one star.
Speaker 1: I don't stay at one stars, I stay at two stars. Go to one stars.
Speaker 3: This is one of those things where people think if you spend more, you're guaranteed to get a better product, and it's not always the case. It's not necessarily the case here. Kevin in Toledo rights in on the fifth hour mail bag. He says, Ben and Danny enjoying the weekend here and Ben, I need an update on the Ohio meet and greet so I can make plans. You've been teasing us. When are you visiting the Buckeye State? Kevin t B D two B determined. I still don't have a date. We were trying to do something in June. It appears that is not going to happen, as we are already in May, so that would mean we're going to push it back to.
Speaker 1: July and we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: So we're looking at probably sometime in July. I do not have a confirmed date, and my plan is to do it. Some other things have popped up here that have delayed it, So I'll let you know, Kevin. Obviously I'll promote the hell out of it. We will be in Vancouver at the end of this month doing the Mallor Meet and Green on.
Speaker 1: That Thursday, last Thursday here.
Speaker 3: In the month of May, will be in Vancouver having a great time. And we talked about that last week on the podcast. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Reggie in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Right, since it's been and Danny and Aloud hearing Mike North on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, North was fun. I love Mike Northeast. Oh, I love producing that. The whole thing was anytime he speaks, you stop what you're doing and listen because his voice is so distinct and you have He's almost like comfort food because you have good memories of listening to him, you know, blab blab away on the radio.
Speaker 1: Hey told Stool, Uh he sees fun.
Speaker 3: Man, He's just just oozes Chicago. Just you think, just you feel like you're eating deep dish pizza in Chicago, watching a Cup game or a Bears game when you hear him. And I flashed back about it, that famous Saturday Night Live skit Danny member with the Bears. The Bears like, to me, that's Mike North, Right, That's just the whole the whole rigamoor.
Speaker 1: Is what that is, so uh, it was fun.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Reggie says, do you see yourself someday ending up in a Hall of Fame like or winning a Lifetime Achievement award? You have my vote. That's from Reggie in Detroit. Very kind, Reggie, thank you. The answer to both is those is no, because I'm not I don't really smooth with I'm not an ass kisser with the executives like normally the people that win it. I'm not saying Mike north is, but my experience, the people that win those Lifetime Achievement awards and the people that get into the Hall of Fames and stuff normally the daytime people.
Speaker 1: Number one, I'm not a night person.
Speaker 3: I don't work during the day, so my odds go down with that, and they normally kiss a lot of ass. And my whole goal is to do a good show A and B not have any interaction with management.
Speaker 1: So I mean those are my goals. So probably not.
Speaker 3: But you know, if it comes down to like the vote of the people, I know Alf has been trying to move the needle on some of that.
Speaker 1: Stuff out the finer and all that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if it happens, that would be wonderful and great and cool. But I do not expect any of those.
Speaker 1: Things to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, at the end of last year, I spent the hour of filling out the proper paperwork and sending in the samples of the show and all the statistics about the show to iHeart for the iHeart Podcast Awards, and we didn't get nominated, unfortunately, because.
Speaker 1: We didn't know. You gotta kiss ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't.
Speaker 1: I don't kiss ass.
Speaker 4: But I did get a nice email from the guy at iHeart who was putting the what do you call it the ballot together, and he said that he loved the samples, So I think we got a fan out of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good. Well, I mean I appreciate you doing that.
Speaker 3: And we can submit every year and then they can reject us every year or whatever, but we can do it and maybe maybe one year we'll sneak one past the goaltender or something like that, and if we can get on a ballot and get people to vote' that'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't expect.
Speaker 4: So you're saying there's a chance, Yeah, yeah, but thank you.
Speaker 3: Reggie I know you listen all the time to the to the boat shows. George in cam City rights in on the mail bag here on this Sunday, and he says, Ben, I thought of you when I saw this story about Shadur Sanders this week and his guy getting into it with the sports talk radio host in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Did you see it, George?
Speaker 3: I did see it, and I agree with the sports radio guy in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I assume you has probably touched on this on Covino and Rich. But for those who didn't see the story, I get Shudhur Sanders, fifth round draft pick of the Cleveland Browns. He made an impromptu visit to a local high school. The video clips were posted online and essentially the radio guy was pointing out how kind of uncomfortable it was that he went to talk to the kids, and then five seconds later posted it on social media. And so one of Sudr Sanders underlings, one of his coat writers, was very upset and complained about it and responded and it's like, well, he didn't ask me or anyone else to post anything, the guy said, nor did he ask for one hundred cameras to be on him.
Speaker 1: Upon his interests and all this stuff this is just spewed. Hey, no, it's not okay.
Speaker 3: And again, this is one of my points at a very controversial point that I have preached on for some time.
Speaker 1: On the Overnight Show.
Speaker 3: We used to do this a lot with Russell Wilson and JJ Watt. We used to goof on them all the time because any thing that they would do of a charity nature, they would have a camera crew. The famous story about Russell Wilson. He would go to children's hospital, he'd have a makeup guy, he'd have a camera guy, he'd have a sound guy, a lighting guy.
Speaker 4: It was like a.
Speaker 3: Whole production, you know, And it was like just just cheapens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all they and I totally get.
Speaker 4: We got a deal.
Speaker 1: That pisces me up.
Speaker 3: That happened while I was doing a monologue praising the Seahawks for not signing Russell Wilson to an extension, right before midnight.
Speaker 1: It happened.
Speaker 3: But George, you know my position, George and Kansas City, that charity should be seen, not heard, meaning that it should happen, but you shouldn't be out there to promote it, and it should be anonymous if possible. And my belief is and this is the way I was raised.
Speaker 1: And maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. It's just my position that charity it has.
Speaker 3: Reduced the value of it if you're doing it to receive praise, and that certainly appears what based on what I read about the Shader Sanders thing.
Speaker 1: Going to the school, you know you don't need to.
Speaker 3: It is possible, even in this modern world, to show up to a hospital or to a school and not have a camera crew. Kobe Bryant, we found out after he was dead that he was a regular children's hospitals around LA and Orange County. But he didn't bring a camera crew, and he didn't post about it on social media, and he was able to stay somewhat modest when it came to that kind of thing in low key, and he did it and we only found it out about it after he was dead. And yet these other guys, they have to show up with the makeup cro and the camera and the lighting and the audio person whole thing.
Speaker 1: So, mister.
Speaker 5: Unlimited ove Russell Wilson, you're a New York Giants quarterback, Tony in Bakersfield rights into the mailbag, he says, is this the end?
Speaker 3: Of US truckers Ben and Danny worried in Bakersfield, says Tony, and he sent a story here. The first driverless Semi has started running long haul routes between Dallas and Houston.
Speaker 1: Started this week.
Speaker 3: The AI trucking firm out of Aurora I announced commercial service in Texas Uber Freight, some.
Speaker 1: Other company I've never heard of. Yeah, so thiss got to be considered. You're a truck driver. It's got to be a worry.
Speaker 3: Do you really want, though, Danny, truck drivers who are driving, Like, let's say you're driving something that's explosive or very dangerous, do you want would you rather have a human doing that or would you rather have AI? A driver was semi?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me think about this. And did you see recently it was just a few days ago. In fact, there was an AI radio station when it was like a new station that was put on the air, and they tried to have an AI do the midday show as the first DJ. And do you think it was successful or do you think it flopped?
Speaker 1: Well? As a radio guy, I don't know. I would hope it flopped.
Speaker 4: It flopped. They had to hire their first live DJ because the AI thing was such a smashing piece of crap.
Speaker 3: Good oh good, you know, but AI is going to get better and stuff. I just think that part of the human experience. It's like, would you know NASCAR if they had driverless cars?
Speaker 1: Would people what? The whole part of it is the human experience.
Speaker 3: You want humans out there, You're not watching bots and like the radio thing, it's to me, it's the it's you just need it.
Speaker 1: You need a human being to be part of it.
Speaker 4: Loser, let me ask you really quick to do you do you personally know anybody who's freaked out by the tariffs? Tariffs and I hate that word. I feel like I'm saying it with an accent. My mom's from Massachusetts. But in my family's group chat and there's some aunts in there, my mom's in there, so you can imagine what's in that group chat. It's kind of like Facebook on steroids. But somebody wrote in there one of my family members said, have any of the rest of you got some water and supplies from the store in case these tariffs go sideways? Oh come on, yeah, I know right, And there's some family members comparing notes about the things they're stocking up in their garage.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, and maybe I've missed it. I've been kind of locked in on the show, but I haven't heard anyone. Well, that's not true. I did get somebody sent and it wasn't a family member. Somebody sent me a text of receipt that went I guess it went viral on social media from Timu or something like that where it had the tariff on there. But I think didn't Timu shut down like the other day.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I read conflicting headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say I didn't know what was real about that because I saw stories going in both directions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody sent me that and they were like, oh my god, I can't buy stuff on team. I was like, I think I bought one thing on Tiamo. I just kid around about buying something on Timu.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: It's so hard to order anything from them because a stupid spinning keeps coming up saying you've won all this free crap and you really don't win anything. They just want you adding more and more items into your cart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a psyop. It's a it's a psych thing. They're trying to get you to buy more. It's like this stuff when you go to the grocery store and you're checking out and they have the candy bars there and crap, you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that looks pretty good. I'm want a candy bar. I didn't plan on getting a candy bar. I want a candy bar.
Speaker 3: Mike from Fullerton, Right, Since says Ben and Danny, I've got a couple of hard hitting questions for you guys this week. First of all, and this is incursive. Can you read cursive? I was surprised to find out a lot of younger people cannot. I doubt Lorraina can for example. And second, what's your favorite ice cream flavor? And to increase the difficulty, you can't say chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. That is from Mike, I can read cursive. I assume you can Danny as well, because we both had to learn cursive.
Speaker 1: We had to read cursive when we were in school.
Speaker 4: We're yeah, twenty ten, by the way, is the year that most schools dropped it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so most people who are adults can can.
Speaker 3: But that's that's been a minute, right, twenty fifteen, twenty ten, that's fifteen years ago, so That means kids that were learning how to write, they were like maybe eight to ten or whatever.
Speaker 1: Now they're wow in their mid twenties. Crazy.
Speaker 4: Which when they have to sign like paperwork, what do they do? They put an X.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 3: I don't know a favorite ice cream, not strawberry, vanilla or chalkerboy, that's.
Speaker 1: A really hard question. Mike, you are so good at these questions. I'm gonna go mint chip or cookie dough.
Speaker 4: Okay, cookie does all right? Mint chip nasty. I used to hate. I used to hate when my mom would bring that home, Like, really, Mom, you couldn't bring some Rocky Road home.
Speaker 1: That's a bad take by you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Rocky Road is delicious.
Speaker 1: What's the one with the three flavors?
Speaker 6: But you could Sherbert? Yeah, but that's got chocolate and vanilla. How about just Sherbert? Yeah, there's some Sherbert that's okay. But I don't know, like I think, for whatever reason, if I get just a sugar cone with one scoop of Rocky Road, you like.
Speaker 3: The marshmallows, You like the nuts in there? Like, yeah, crap, I rotate nuts? How dare you do a few more?
Speaker 1: It's the mailbag.
Speaker 3: Kevin and Kansas, right, since it's dear Ben and Danny g When you guys go to the grocery store, do you go with a plan or do just wander until you get everything? Do you bring big Ben's big grocery boards? No, Kevin, that would be the wife's big board. Normally I do the grocery shopping for the malor mansion. But typically I actually like going to the store. As you know, Danny, doing radio, we're pretty cooped up, whether it's product promoting or preparing, prepping for the show, and then doing the show. So I don't really get out of the house very much other than to go to the studio and do the show.
Speaker 1: And so on the weekend I go shopping. I feel like I'm getting out of.
Speaker 3: The house and I'm seeing not that I like necessarily dissocialized, but I'm getting out and I'm wandering around.
Speaker 4: So I actually you're seeing the inside of stores.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I like for some reason, I don't mind grocery shopping. My wife hates it, so I do the grocery shopping. But normally she'll send me a text, and then what I do is I take the text, I copy the text, yes, and then I open the notes thing, and then I'll put in my notes and then I'll check off every item that I get in the on the on the groceery.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of us do this, because I was going to say. What my wife does is she texts me the list and she says, add on to this list with anything I forgot. We go back and forth a few times, and then we have the master list.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of back and forth. It's like a war room on this. So yeah, I got you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like an NFL draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I'll say, hey, I need something, you know, and she'll put that on the list. And then sometimes I'll be at the store and be like, they don't have this, and then she'll say, all right, well we'll add lib. We'll call an audible and then you can get the other item. And so I'll get the other items. But that, you know, that's it. And I will occasionally throw some other goodies in there that I didn't plan on getting. You know, those are add ons. Those are add ons, those are bonuses.
Speaker 1: What else do we have?
Speaker 3: Kwang from Vietnam again, big fan, you think he's actually in Vietnam or you think he's just making that up. I don't know anyway, says Hey, Ben, I saw this serve about Casey. Case would have been his birthday this week, April twenty seventh, and I did not know about Battle of the Planet's good thing you.
Speaker 1: Didn't kill him, yea.
Speaker 3: The most amazing thing about the same is that time is so wild that Casey case has been gone since twenty fourteen. It's been over a decade since Casey left this mortal coil, and he was real sick the last couple of years with life. But that's crazy to me, Like I have vivid memories of seeing Casey in the iHeart Premiere Networks building there during the day recording his Top forty Countdown show and his voiceover stuff that he did.
Speaker 4: He was such a legend to us when we were growing up that I still get a kick out of the fact that I work in his studio five days a week.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's awesome. And they still left in the Yes our podcast. Are you off to the right there?
Speaker 1: You can see if you're in that room the Top forty or Top twenty.
Speaker 4: Sign Yeah, the Top twenty, the Casey case Irom Top twenty. It says American Top twenty and people will pose in front of that sign all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little piece of radio history and left behind by the great Casey case So thank you. Kwang And yeah, he was in everything. I knew him as Shaggy from Scooby Doobe Doo and all that stuff, but he was in a bunch of other movies.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize he was in Transformers the movie. I did not know that bunch.
Speaker 3: Of ponder ponder it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's get out on this last one.
Speaker 3: Joe from New York, right, since says Ben and Danny, do you guys have your tickets yet?
Speaker 1: If not, you're out of luck.
Speaker 3: Luigi the musical about the accused CEO killer set to debut in San Francisco. Luigi Mangioni musical It's gonna premiere next month. Every show is already sold out, according to Joe New York.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, I I think we know how that ends, right, do we know how that ends?
Speaker 4: Gotta go?
Speaker 1: Ye, gotta murder, I got exactly gotta murder. I gotta go.
Speaker 3: From the Killer Barber of Sweeney Todd to Assassin's, musicals have long dealt with morbid subject matter. They say it's a musical comedy based on the guy that killed the healthcare CEO.
Speaker 1: Got a murder, Yeah, a story of love, murder and hash browns. Oh because he went to McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, final meal before you get caught is McDonald's hash brown What a way to go down with the McDonald's ashburns. All right, we'll get I mean, what do you want to say, Joe, No, I do not have tickets. How many seats are in the theater? How many seats did they actually sell? Okay, anyway, Danny, I'll be back tonight. Yeah, but about all these NBA playoff games. We got a game seven today the Warriors and the Rockets. So we've got that and then be back tomorrow or tonight. And you've got I assume normal week for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, no, it's actually a normal week for Covino and Rich. That's two to four pm on the West side and five to seven pm in beautiful Let's see, let's go somewhere on the east coast. What's the east coast city you would love to visit.
Speaker 3: I was there last year. Charleston, South Carolina. Beautiful city. That's a good one. Man, My cousin bought a house there. He's been redoing the home the past two years, like fixing it up himself. It looks beautiful, man, and.
Speaker 4: It was not. As you know, you couldn't even buy a condo in California for what he spent on that house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and prices are going up there too. It's a little gym though.
Speaker 3: Charleston, beautiful Charleston stuff. My niece, she's lived there. She went to college there and she stayed there after college. She loves, loves Charleston. Anyway, have a wonderful rescue to day. Thank you for listening. Thank you that we did very well right last time.
Speaker 1: I think last weekend.
Speaker 4: Downloads were amazing last weekend, and so we think all the regulars and all the new listeners, it means a lot to.
Speaker 1: Us, it does.
Speaker 3: It makes it seem like it's actually worth us getting in here on the weekends and doing this.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great day.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you. Austa pasta got a murder. I gotta go.