Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it all?
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Wednesday here on the show. You know what that means. We got a lot to talk about today, not just on this show, but on After Dark Radio as well, coming up at two Pacific five Eastern, also free on Sports Byline as as well as our YouTube channel and Twitch. You will be able to follow along live and if you're a subscriber, you'll get a bonus thirty minutes. We'll talk about the guests later on, but we got a lot of wrestling news to talk about here. Today, including last night's NXT. Turns out Old Corey Graves was not on NXT. He also did not call the speed match which took place today. There's a new Number one Contenders tournament. He's vanished. So we're gonna talk more about this after the break here and everything that went down on NXT last night, because there was plenty that went down, and of course tonight is also aw dynamite, and not just any dynamite, it is maximum Carnage. Sounds like something Vincent would come up with. Got a bunch of matches announced for the show, including the Women's the Women's Casino Gauntlet. The winner will get a shot against Mariah May at Grand Slam in Australia this February. I can't imagine who it might be, but we won't give spoilers here for this live event here on this program. Of course, we also got the SmackDown Show coming up Friday, rav is coming Monday, and plenty of other news as well, including more on how Raw did on Netflix. So a lot to get into here today if you want to, Texas, we're gonna have time forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for w Online at gmail dot com forw online threads, Instagram and cameo at Brian Alvarez X and Blue Sky. Back to the month with more Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Do you want to add a boost to your sex life this week end? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now we'll sell you those little pills that work below the belt for less than one dollar a pill and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece, and you don't need a prescription. And ask about their buy three get three free offer.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Boost your sex life and have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer. Down this number and save it now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven, eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven. That's eight hundred two two nine eighty six twenty seven pay for by the pharmacy shot.
Speaker 6: Has someone in your family lost in John Brees and now you can't afford your mortgage payment, or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you. Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call Quick Cash Offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 7: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT. My dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you. Call right now.
Speaker 5: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four ninety one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Bryan Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simbervv also Wrestling Observer dot com. Whatever this horrible illness is that everyone who's gotten this winter, It just sucks, dude. I actually feel like physically, I feel fine, Like I've gone to the gym every day. It's not like it's you know, anything like that. But I cannot get this gunk out of my throat and chest. It's affecting my voice, which is my moneymaker. I think it's actually RSV is what I think it is, really, Yeah, because one of the kids over, one of the cousins over Christmas at RSV. God brutal. So anyway, if I hack and just cough up un I apologize, although it's not like green anymore. If you guys need to know real details. So I think that like I'm on the mend, Like I feel like I'm on the mend, but God just won't go away.
Speaker 8: I think I felt bad for like forty eight hours. What exactly has been going on in that neck of the woods where you have?
Speaker 1: Dude, everybody here is God this everybody, let's take it forever to get over it. If you guys haven't got it, you're all gonna get it. So work on your immune system.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get it.
Speaker 1: You're all gonna die, hear me, Dom, even you youngsters, take care of yourself, all right. I don't even know where to begin today at the beginning, I mean, there's not really a lot of news today, Like are we really gonna start with Corey Graves at the top, story like we're.
Speaker 8: On the podcast. Of course we're gonna start with Corey Graves. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the deal, everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm a slow day.
Speaker 1: Of course, Corey Graves was not on NXT and they didn't make a big deal out of it, didn't mention it. Corey Graves is the common tat for w w E Speed. He did not commentate the Chad Gable Charlie Dempsey match, which aired today, So I guess here's here's the here's the big question for everybody. Okay, all right, ready for this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: When did they tape this speed match? Are we supposed to believe that he would have done the voiceover like today, like he's there at ringside? Right? Don't they always tape speed like before Raw or SmackDown or whatever?
Speaker 3: And find out when?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find out, find out when they taped the Charlie Dempsey Chad Gable match, which.
Speaker 8: By the way, those are three minute matches, right.
Speaker 1: They're three minute matches.
Speaker 8: I'd like to see that for longer than three minutes, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Dude. Hey, listen, me and Tom review WWE Speed. I love it because number one, they're like the matches are quick, like by the time the whole tournament's over, you can watch the whole tournament like fIF teen minutes, but they're quick boom boom boom. You know, you have stories you can tell with three minute matches. I like it. I like WWE Speed and it doesn't intrude into the main roster.
Speaker 8: Taped on I guess that would be Friday. Was that January Friday at the Portland Motors.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was taped to SmackDown.
Speaker 8: Okay, Blake Howard did the announcing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're supposed to believe either that a he pretty much decided he was done Friday and no showed his speed commitment, or he was supposed to tape it like yesterday the voiceover, but I don't think they do that. I think he's I think he's there right or or because he's no longer on SmackDown he's on NXT. He wouldn't have been doing the voiceover anyway because he wouldn't. Why why would they fly him all the way to SmackDown every week to do speed. Maybe he's just not the announcer anymore. But anyway, here's the point, everybody, here's the point. Yes, there are people within WWE that believe that this is a shoot. Okay. His brother Sam A. Donnis claimed on Twitter that this was a shoot. Maybe it is. Okay, maybe it is, but I can tell you this. You're telling me that this guy got moved to NXT last Tuesday, immediately did the booboo face. Made it abundantly clear he did not want to be there. Either No showed smacked down or did not. We actually don't know if he was ever gonna do speed anyway, put out an angry tweet on Monday which was he was not told to delete, the company didn'tell him to get rid of it, said that he would have something to say and that we should tune into NXT. And then No showed NXT just flew home, telling me that this guy did all of that and he's still employed. That's what you're telling me. Okay. Maybe that's the case.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was told to go on.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the case. Okay, But in a lot of these situations, I like to look at Oukham's razor, what is the most likely, what is the simplest explanation for all of this? And given that they don't let you do this stuff on Twitter, if you do they require you to pull it? If you know, show your job, act like you hate it. There. I mean they're gonna get rid of you. I mean, I will give you my prediction here on the air. Okay, I'm gonna give you my prediction here on the air. All right, Okay, Within thirty days, Corey Graves will be back doing something for WWE, whether it's commentary or whether it's a match with Wade Barrett or the Royal Rumble or whatever. Okay, he will be back doing something for WWE, and the official story will be it was a shoot that became a work. Okay. So that's my prediction for a month from now. If it turns out this is all a shoot and he ends up getting fired, then that's fine. But that's where I think this is all leading. It was a shoot everyone, but now it's a work playing off reality. They'll say, could.
Speaker 3: It be a little column in a little column B?
Speaker 8: Since he is being taken off the shows anyway and they needed something to do with him and he goes down to NXT.
Speaker 3: You get the response that you get. Do you think maybe that's.
Speaker 8: Like, okay, well, let's play with this a little bit, especially if he does have any thoughts on possibly returning to the ring.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: It provides him a reason to have some time off in doing something I don't know. I would be upset if I was, because he does do a great job. And if there is let's just say, this whole thing is a shoot. How disappointing is it that you have Joe Testator, who's great. You got Pat McAfee who's great, But you're telling me that Corey Graves, Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, Jerry Lawler, they were all better than Corey Graves in that role.
Speaker 3: But Corey Graves is.
Speaker 8: The best person since any of them, and he can do something they could never do, which is play by play. So you're telling me that there's not a place for him in a three man booth alongside Way Barrett. If it is actually a shoot at all, it's very disappointing. But I can see there being one true aspect of this, which is if I'm Corey Graves, maybe I do feel a little bit of a way because I do do a great job and I have been pushed out because this other big name when it comes to Joe Testatur has now stepped in and kind of shaken some things up.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. I don't think Corey Graves is an idiot, and if this is all real, I mean, he should know that they switch up the announcers all the time. They switch up the ring announcers. For reasons unknown, it was very important to switch the Iron SmackDown ring announcers when they moved to Netflix. I mean, yes, perhaps he was demoted to NXT. Okay, there have been a lot of people that have been NXT and back up to the main roster and vice versa. It happens all the time. There have been wrestlers that have been sent down to NXT and they've been brought back to the main roster. It happens all the time. So the idea that, oh my god, I was sent to NXT, my career is over. I am a failure and a loser. I find it hard to believe that those are the thoughts going through his mind. If they are, then they are, Hey, who am I to say? But this happens all the time.
Speaker 8: I'm a failure and a loser. I don't think he's saying that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean him on now, Well, the idea that he got sent down there. So now he's like gotta quit because like there's no hope to ever be back on the main roster or to ever do anything about it. Like what are what are you talking about here? This happens all the time. So anyway we'll see, Hey got himself into the top story on Sling Observer Live on a slow news day. Yeah, yes, I chose that. Or we're talking about rod Netflix numbers? Good, well, that means I got a hole next segment to talk about him. Hey, if you wanted Texas four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for w online, Gmail dot com, threads, Instagram, camut, for w online at, Brian Alvarez on X and Blue Sky also talk about our guest on After Dark after the Breakupserver Live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: On the show, Bryan Alvaz here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simber vv also Wrestling Observer dot com. So uh today on after Dark Radio to Pacific five Eastern. That's in just over an hour and a half here on Sports Byline and YouTube and Twitch. However you're watching or listening to this show, you can watch after Dark free to Pacific five Eastern. Steve Stockton is going to be our guest, and the topic is people who have vanished in national parks, vanished at a thin air. They're just hiking with people around, and they're gone, never to be found again. Happens regularly. And there's actually a book that he wrote on a bunch of different locales. One of them was Washington State, so I got that one. Read a lot about that. Don't get in the woods everybody. There's nothing good that happens, or I've learned. So anyway, Steve Stockton's gonna be on after Dark Radio this afternoon two Pacific five eastern, and hopefully we can stay connected to Byline. But if you listen on Byline and it just dies like it did last week, you can head over to the YouTube page ford w one line dot com slash YouTube and the show will continue airing there. And if you're a subscriber, we're gonna do an extra thirty minutes with the guest after the show ends. So if you're not a subscriber, you'll get the one hour show. If you are a subscriber, you'll get the one hour show commercial free and an extra thirty minutes. So sign up today Wrestlingobserver dot com, or you can get only the podcast at ford w one line dot com, Slash YouTube for W one line dot com, Slash Apple for Apple, podcasts forw online dot com, Slash Spotify and Apple YouTube and Spotify are only nine dollars and ninety nine cents per month. The main site, which is fourteen ninety nine. You get the observers and the board and the archives of the shows and all that kind of good stuff. So there's value in the main site. But if you only want the podcast in pay nine to ninety nine, Apple, Spotify or YouTube.
Speaker 8: Are you going to ask him if a person disappears in a forest, do they make a sound?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll ask him anything, ask him that, Yeah, and they do they do? Yeah. It's if it's if the tree falls into forest and there's no one around to hear it, it doesn't make a sound because a sound is a wave. In order for it to become a sound, there needs to be something too, you know what I'm saying. So just the way it works, science science now, also science is these Netflix numbers just quick. So they did the adding in the week after the raw debut. They added an extra extra million people watched after the initial two day viewership number. Sure, so five point nine million views globally and seventeen point seven million hours viewed. So the total view hours are the length of the program divided by are the total viewers viewing hours of the program divided by the runtime. So this is not just you know, seventeen million people watched a second of the show. There were seventeen point seven million hours viewed, and you divide that by three, and essentially they're saying five point nine million people watched on average the entire show. So and hey, you know, people can disbelieve this. But as Davis pointed out, ever since that raw, Netflix, dude, they started selling tickets. In the last week, they started selling a lot of tickets. They sold a lot of tickets for this past Monday's Raw. They sold a lot And there's no reason for it other than Netflix. It's like all of a sudden, people decided that this Monday's Raw was very important. In the last week, like they always sell some tickets, but like big influx of tickets.
Speaker 8: It is the season though too, you know, and it was tough times there towards the end of the last year financially for people, so you know, maybe some of the spending has opened up a little bit too. I think it's a variety of reasons. But the Netflix thing certainly doesn't hurt. And five point nine million people worldwide if that's what they said within a week watch that show. Yeah, I mean, I guess I can believe that.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 8: I mean, look at the numbers that you know, WWE what they max out probably what their fandom would be watching a show on network TV. You know, what was it for SmackDown? You go a little bit over that as far as just you know, people watching on Netflix, sure, and then go and almost double that, a little bit more than double that for worldwide.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 8: It's just, you know, do these numbers really mean anything right now? They really don't, you know, individually as the weeks go on. But I'm sure we're going to talk about them anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say one more thing, because I have more exact numbers now somebody who got the numbers directly from Peacock. Okay, Peacock reported seven hundred thousand concurrent streams for the Saturday Night's main event on NBC, which did one point five million on NBC. Concurrent does not mean these were people to watch later. Concurrent means as the show was airing live, there were seven hundred thousand people streaming on Peacock. Okay, Peacock has thirty six million subscribers in the US. MAX has fifty two point six million in the US and Canada. So I mean, if anything, Max has probably more US subscribers, because I don't think it's fifty to fifty US and Canada population size. So you know, Max has more subscribers than Peacock. And if a Saturday Night's main event is doing fifty percent concurrent streams, then it is absolutely, in no way crazy to think that a Dynamite that does six hundred and fifty thousand viewers on television is not doing another one hundred and fifty maybe two hundred thousand on Max concurrent. And plus I'll ask this question, this is not this is not scientific, but I'll just ask, raise your hand in the chat if you are now watching Dynamite on Max. Okay, raise your hand. We're gonna see people just going like, I am I am, I am, I am okay me, you know here they come. These are people that are now watching on Max. They don't watch on whatever anymore. Okay, now raise your hand, Raise your hand. If you watch Saturday night's main event on Peacock, anybody, Okay, I'll tell you why, though I haven't heard a single person who was like, I chose Peacock over NBC.
Speaker 3: I did. Actually you did.
Speaker 1: You watched on Peacock.
Speaker 3: Here's the reason why.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 8: Was making Dad was doing something I think it was making dinner or something like that. And I never said an alert. I never said a thing on YouTube TV to record it. So by the time I got on there, it was like, well, let me just see it on Peacock because I know I can go back to the beginning. So I actually watched half of the show on Peacock and then flip back over to YouTube TV.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: But yeah, actually, but here's the thing with Peacock, and for Peacock to subscribers, I'm an Notre Dame football fan. They stream on there. I watched some of the Olympics they stream on there. One thing that's should be beneficial for aw, no matter how many people they get, is getting people to regularly stream something on Max, because apparently that's one of Max's big problems is people are not streaming CNN through Max, they're not watching HBO proper through Max. They're still doing it in other ways, and they've wanted to get people over to do more of that and try to mix things up and integrate it more. So anything that they provide is probably going to be again looked at as a great thing, no matter if it's sixty thousand people or if it's two hundred and sixty thousand people, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Actually, we apparently have a fair number of people to watch Saturday night's main event on Peacock, so hey whatever.
Speaker 8: But again, you know, we probably have a much as far as the people that are watching through Twitch and YouTube. They are a lot younger, and they a long time ago got out of the cable race, and when they were able to, they got kicked out of their parents' house and it was time to you know, get their own things. You know, if you have Netflix and Max and Peacock, odds are you're still spending less than what you we would get on you know, through most cable means, and you're getting everything that you want to get so they're completely used to it. And they also again the technology when it comes to TVs and all that sort of stuff. I know a lot of people who have smart TVs who are older who don't utilize them at all. They got a cable box hooked up and they don't mess with the app aspect of that at all.
Speaker 7: All.
Speaker 1: Right, before we get back to the news, I got one more plug here. New after Dark Radio shirts up and available f for w Online dot Com slash Shirts. We actually got a bunch of new wrestling shirts. We got a new after Dark Radio shirt, which when we did the poll, it's like everybody said, can we get that one too? And so in fact we we've got that one for you. So if you want an after Dark Radio shirt or any of our other shirts, you get into f for w Online dot Com slash shirts. It's through Progressing T's and they often have sales up there, so if you want to go up and see if there's any sales ongoing currently you can you can do that. There's a all Chop No Pork Santa Craig, which I don't know why I like that one so much. I don't know if anyone's bought it. But it's funny and the new after Dark Radio shirt, and apparently Jim Valley's put up about six hundred and fifty shirts.
Speaker 3: Everybody should buy each and every one of them too.
Speaker 1: You can still get minus five stars. That was very popular. Yes, Gang, yep, I watched you wear that to the gym today. I've got more comments on the Grannies Gang, No, the Granny's the guilt Trip one that it looks like the Windy's logo. Yes, I got more comments on that than anything. Although actually I did get a couple of comments on minus five stars. Because the most famous minus five stars shirt is the one that's like the John Cena's shirt red white and blue, but it says minus five stars. So at some point it was like between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty, when Trump was in office, I was wearing that shirt and some guy the Trump shirt looked at it and goes minus five stars. I was like, oh, is that how you interpreted that? Okay, maybe that's why so many people purchased it. Many interpretations. So tonight is dynamite and we got the women's Gauntlet. The winner will get a shot at Mariah May's title. It's grand Slam in Australia.
Speaker 3: I'm going with Prazzo.
Speaker 1: You know they gotta do like I know that, like Tony is over and everything like that, and they want to get her as much TV time, but they should do a deal where like women keep coming out and it's not Tony because the match can end at any time. So there's eleven women in there and Tony still isn't out. It's like, oh my god, it could end before she even gets to the ring back in a moment because of her life.
Speaker 5: Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash.
Speaker 2: For your home.
Speaker 5: Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a plat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true. Sold dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen. Hey, airline track. Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it, whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about, So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two, five, five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 9: Listen up, guys, are you experiencing any of the following fatigue, less, drive, poor performance? If so, you may be one of the nearly thirty million men in the US today dealing with ED. But did you know you don't have to pay hundreds for a prescription anymore, and you don't have to deal with the hassle of seeing the doctor or the embarrassment of going to the pharmacy for a certain pill. Now, with one free call, you can find out how rbal Virility Max can help you feel like a man again. For over a decade, rbal Virility Max has helped guys just like you put a smile back on their face with improved performance and drive. Call today and ask about our buy one, get one free offer.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred seven seven three five one one two eight hundred seven seven three five one one two. Eight hundred seven seven three five one one two. That's eight hundreds fifty one twelve.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: God, even not one thing, it's another. Just saw this article. Connor mcgreor accutes of trying to rape woman in VIP bathroom as security stopped friend from entering.
Speaker 3: Stall to help Jesus.
Speaker 1: Lawsuit filed on Tuesday, that is yesterday. So this is this is a new lawsuit took place after Miami Heat's NBA Finals game against Denver Nuggets June ninth. So last year, forty nine year old who works on Wall Street filed a criminal sexual assault allegation. So there you go. Another one filed against Connor. So that means tonight on Observer Radio, we got to talk about Connor. One of my favorite things to have to do is have to talk about ugh.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 8: You know, it's getting to the point of being like, I don't know how true. Any of this is just a reprehensible person. But if it's again for a guy that says none of this stuff is true, if I kept getting accused of all this stuff, I probably stopped going out. You keep putting yourself in these positions, and unfortunately it seems as if again a lot of this seems to be I don't know if it's true or not. I don't want to say that, but obviously he lost a lot of sponsors and everything that went down after the last ruling, and it just there's obviously a bad pattern here when it comes to him just being in the general public and around to the opposite sex.
Speaker 1: All right, So before we get at XT, the rest of Maximum Cards Tonight has Hurt Syndicate versus Marco Briscoe and Private Party, Yes MVP in the ring John Moxley Powerhouse Hobbs for the eight of the World title. I can't even talk about it. I can't. I know, I want to think about it.
Speaker 3: Belt him up, Belt him up.
Speaker 1: I know we're talking about it for days now. It's D Day Kenny Omega versus Brain Cage, Christian Cage versus Hook and we will hear from Ricochet. It's actually a pretty stacked show, to be honest, a big show.
Speaker 8: Power House Hobbs, he wins the title, he gets beaten down by the death writers. Afterwards, Christian Cage comes out, tries to cash in, and guess what happens, power House Hobbs murders him too and gets that out of the way, so we don't have to deal with Christian having a title.
Speaker 1: No, they're doing something with Christian. I actually, I actually don't think it's just gonna be Copeland costing him. I don't know if he's gonna win, but I think I think they're they're doing something.
Speaker 8: Is it gonna be that old classic I can't imagine, though, WWF Attitude era, where like seventeen parts of the Clothes happens and at the very end it's stone cold Steve Austin played by Cope, who ends up doing the thing and then leads to Hobbs getting the victory. You think they go all out and do something like that.
Speaker 3: You could.
Speaker 1: What I expect to happen tonight is Moxley beats him. My point is I don't want the obvious to happen.
Speaker 8: You really think that's gonna happen. It's gonna beat him Clean.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Clean, but I think that he's gonna beat him, So.
Speaker 8: Not even Hobbs bads.
Speaker 1: I just have this feeling Tony's gonna do what he's gonna do stupid. Even though I begged, I have begged, I've groveled on air.
Speaker 8: Can we get him on the phone right now, Unlike.
Speaker 3: I want to talk to him now.
Speaker 1: I gotta say something about NST that I don't know if we'll review the entire show, but time there is a person on this show that has a bigger ceiling than brawn breaker coming from developmental. We all know who I'm gonna say, don't we, Jasmine Nick, would you stop this freakin' Oba Femi fantastic dude? Oh my god, Like he has size, and he actually has deceptive size because he looks even bigger than he really is. I haven't seen one bad match from this guy, maybe since like when he very first had that breakout tournament. Like for the Breakout Tournament, I thought that he was not the most impressive guy in the tournament. I wouldn't say it was bad, It was like fine, you know, he had a lot of potential. But in the last year, show me one bad Obafemi match. Every match he's in, he gets over. It doesn't matter if it's like a guy from the main roster, some developmental dude, it doesn't matter. He gets over every match. This guy, when he does his promos, he has like he has an accent, he has a gravity about what he says, like if you actually listen to the words, Like if you write down the words and then you like had Mike Simperviti read it, people would be like, what in God's name? What a horrible promo. But like when Oba Femi says it, no, it's true. But when Obafemi says it, it's like, Okay, if you want to use those words, fine, Like I buy it from Oba Femi.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say who at the end.
Speaker 1: I buy it who. He cut a great promo and he just comes off as like like he's a man in charge. You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I believe what I believe in me, it's my destiny. I believe what I say and I say what I believe.
Speaker 1: And he has he has confidence in everything he says. You don't doubt a word he says. It doesn't sound like some guy doing some goofy promo. It sounds like a confident champion in the.
Speaker 8: Ring too, which exudes out of that along with the charisma that he has.
Speaker 1: And my favorite part of this entire episode of NXT, which I cannot do justice to here. I just can't. Okay, So they're backstage and they do one of those segments where you know, two people do something and then the camera film's over and there's two other people doing something and then it pans over, so they're backstage. Oba Femi is just walking around like the ruler and he gets stopped by Dion Lennox. Okay, guys know Dion Lennox. He's the bookworm, but his gimmick is like Clark Kenny takes off the glass and then he's like Superman and he's like he's like everything that they want. You know, He's like, I got a great physique and everything needs tall. But like he's he's also one of those guys where you know, I've seen these guys come and go Sean Staysiac for example, Like you look at the guy and it's like, man, it's everything they want, but he never made it. And I think it could be that way like Dion. So far, I don't see this guy as like he's got a waste to go. But anyway, this Dion Lennox walks up to Oba Fem and he stops him and he says, Oba can congratulations on winning that title. One day, he says, I'll be challenging you for that title. And Oba Femi doesn't say anything. He just stops. He looks at this bookworm and like his eyes a little bit like wide, and then he keeps walking like that was the most preposterous thing that's ever happened to me on this show. I watched that over and over. I can't even do like what he did. He has his face it's like he's just astonished that this guy, like he can't even believe what he just heard. But he doesn't overdo it. He didn't do like the oh big eye rolled or everything. It's just enough for you to realize there is absolutely no chance you will ever challenge me for this title, and if you do, I will kill you. And he walks off. I died. This guy is the greatest. Do you understand this? Oba Femie is the greatest? Like, I don't know, man, some like horrendous thing would have to occur for this guy not to be in a WrestleMania main event, and god only knows how long.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's a start.
Speaker 1: He is the best.
Speaker 8: He is ron Breaker. And they have so many people Trick Williams, Roxanne Perez in their future, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, Fallon Henley.
Speaker 8: They're just name after name and this has been the biggest benefit of the NIL deal has been somebody like Obafemi that has come along and that you're able to catch lightning with this fast and have the ability because of NXT to put him on a stage, not the main stage yet, but carefully craft him in the same way that they did with Solo Sokoa. Remember solos CoA didn't have a bunch of matches on there. They knew what they had, they knew what they wanted going forward, and they were going to be sure to do that. And the great part about this era is once they figure out what you are and how they craft you, that's pretty much what you are. The thought of him going up to the main roster and having to suffer through what Bronson Reid did under Vince McMahon or something like that, it's not gonna happen when he comes up. It's just like Braun and some of these other folks, where Obafemi is gonna be Oba Femi. And again seeing him on the main roster doing what he's doing now, it's an easy it's an easy transition over to see him be a star.
Speaker 1: If I talked about Avi Ava's character sucks as a GM it's not very good.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: So last week she booked, because she's absolutely completely incompetent in her job, she booked a number one contenders match but also a six person involving the champion. Okay, so Stephanie mckure wins the number one contenders match. When the match ends, she's the number one contender. But in the other match, this idiot GM booked somebody pins the champion. Shatzi pins Fallon. So what does the GM do, Well, you're no longer than number one contender even though you won a number one contender's match on the show. You must defend your number one contendership against Shatzi because she pinned the champion. So they do the match, and of course the heels interfere Fallon hit Stephanie and Shatzi pins her. So Stephanie lost her number one contendership. So what's ABA gonna say next week? The referee's decision is final, even though when Lexus King won the Heritage Cup, she said the referee's decision wasn't final and she gave the cup back. She is the worst, she's in storyline, the worst GM I've ever ever experienced in this business. So Stephanie got screwed. Now, what was good was in a match that way exceeded expectations. Jakara and Lash beat Alba and Eila Don. This was a flat out, shockingly good match. I was just watching it waiting for some tragedy to occur and it didn't. And uh, well, because Lash and Jakara are hidd and Miss, They've had very good matches. I've also seen them have matches against people and it's like, oh my god, that thing fell apart. This was very good. Lash and Jakara won. They're getting a shot at the women's tag team titles.
Speaker 3: No complaints.
Speaker 1: Does anyone remember who the women's tag team champions are? Three two one?
Speaker 3: No Caden and Katana. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's see if anyone in the chat knows off the top of their head.
Speaker 8: Somebody who beat Caden, Naomi and Bianca the figure Oh that's right with Jade.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: After Jade got hurt, Bianca slid in there. I forgot about that. They don't really defend those much, do they can't remember? No, But you know what, Metaphor and them were beefing a while ago, and to see them go back to that match, I'm okay with it. I'm just wondering when Noam Dar is coming back because no Am Dar and who was at Oromensa. I can't see Noam Dar being a star on the main roster. And obviously they want Jakar Jackson maybe the be the number one out of that foursome to make it onto the main roster. But Noam Dar as a personality in him and a team with Oromensa again with their tag team division wouldn't be the worst things in the world to see them be an antagonist to the Viking writers or whoever.
Speaker 1: And we also had a tag team title match. Axiem and Nathan Fraser retained their titles against OTM. I was very happy to see that they're the best team in the world. Yes, and they will probably be facing di Wise soon, so that was nice. It was it turned into a real good match. Early on, it was just kind of there, man, they are so good. By ANSWER's match, I was like, holy smokes, that was the best match OTM that has ever had, and that was very good.
Speaker 8: Never break them up, I know, no, they will, just don't do it. It'll break them up.
Speaker 1: Maybe not actually.
Speaker 8: Keep them together and put them on the main roster. I mean, there's such a They're the type of team where everybody is expecting them to break up at any moment anyway, because they are such different people in the way that Fraser plays his character.
Speaker 3: But that's what also makes them great.
Speaker 1: There's so many teams on the main roster, it would be absolute madness to break them up and then bring them up individually to the main roster. That makes no sense. So back in a moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Packing the show. Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper Vv, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. Don't forget two o'clock Pacific five Eastern. Steve Stockson's on After Dark Radio and talk about people who vanish into thin air, sometimes even thick air in the mountains in the National Forests. There were some thick air here at the other day. It's weird and I don't like that thick air. Yes, but it'll be two Pacific five Eastern Sports Byline at USA. You can listen through tune in radio obviously, how are you listening to this now? Because you're listening to Sports Byline, you'll be able to listen after Dark Radio as well to Pacific five Eastern today, so don't miss it. And one other quick thing. If you're going to WrestleMania. Who's going to WrestleMania anybody? Huh? WrestleMania? Well, Dave and I are going and we're gonna be doing a live Q and A at the Palms, a very very nice building. So if you'd like to go to the Q and A, if you want to add that to your calendar, we're doing a meet and greet and and a Q and A. You can go to f for w online dot com slash Vegas. That is FW online dot com slash Vegas. We also have tickets for a lot of other things, including a watch party. You want to watch wrestling with Dave, well you can. We're doing two nights of it and also two after parties. What's an after party? I'll show up together and there's a whole bunch of alcohol and food and we drink and eat. There's gonna be two of those as well. Those will be after WrestleMania. So anyway, if you want to enjoy us for all of that, or any of that. You can buy tickets for things individually or all together. F four W online, dot com, slash Vegas go buy your tickets right now. You don't want to miss it. And that's it, everybody. We'll see you in an hour for After Dark Radio. Thanks. Mike has always callers and listeners ever to the studio. We'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network