Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Sexton Show. On this episode, our friend Ryan Gradowsky returns. He is the founder of the seventeen to seventy six Project Pack, and he'll tell us a bit about what they've been up to. Also, his Substack, which is the National Populist newsletter, is phenomenal and you should all check it out subscribe to it on substack. We're going to talk about Trump, DeSantis, Biden versus whoever early states, the twenty twenty four process, how it's all shaken out, how it's looking in some school board stuff. So deep dive in into politics here, Ryan, let's start with this one. Well, we'll do this in what will be effectively chronological order. How's the Trump DeSantis reality playing out right now?
Speaker 1: Right now? Is Trump is obviously way ahead. I mean, he's probably ahead in every single state he's game. Trump had massive losses after the primary after the general election of twenty twenty two because most of his candidates lost. He backed a lot of losers, and I think with the exception of like one one candidate in every state he lost in twenty sixteen or twenty twenty, rather all of his candidates lost. I think just the lieutenant governor of George was the only one who won. So people were frowning on him because he couldn't win elections. And then you know, time kind of heals all wounds and people forgot. And he also had that arrest, which was that dyne sentence, and there was a rally on the King effect, and I think that that is definitely benefiting him, and he's really the only one actually running. Trump has an effective team actually working to Sanders done up. He just doesn't have a real campaign operation.
Speaker 2: What do you say? What do you say to people Ryan who at this point say, well, hold on a second. DeSantis isn't really a candidate yet, so it's not fair to assess how he's doing as a candidate.
Speaker 1: That is true. You can have an operation when you are not a candidate too, as a precursor. So you could have a surrogacy program, right would he'd have people, high profile people on television every day defending him, promoting him, attacking Trump as a precursor that doesn't exist. You could have early endorsements as far as the ground game lined up in an important first few states. That isn't happening. In fact, Leezelden, who was supposed to allegedly be one of the key people in his New York campaign. New York is I think the fifth or sixth state to vote in this primary cycle at the time because they switch. He just endorsed Trump. He doesn't have an effective operation in the slightest. He's doing these book tour events and he's going to Japan, and it is extraordinarily tone deaf for the moment. And he really hasn't had a big news story since the six week abortion Man, which is hugely unpopular. So the last big news story is the abortion man, wildly unpopular. Its has unpopular to defund the police, and he has no ceregacy program to defend him on television and radio every day, and he has no operation to start building out early early state organization. He literally just lost with of his key people to Trump. So that is not that is clearly not evan that he's actually running a real operation in any sense of the word. And Trump is. And Trump has Susie Wiles, who as this political campaign person who is one of the best in the business. Susie is brilliant, and she it's not private public information. She hates rond de Santas, and she is you know.
Speaker 2: Why does she hate Why does she hate Ronda Santis? Because you're an insight her with this stuff. A lot of people won't know that. Why is there beef there?
Speaker 1: Ron got her fired for allegedly leaking materials and she she says she never really did. So that's the entire fight. The fight is over the fact that she got fired in a campaign, I think the twenty twenty presidential campaign. She got fired from out of deference to Dissantas, who said she was a leaker because he does hate leaking Disanta's and he's very good at not having people leak in his operation. And she says that she never did it. And that's literally in the feud.
Speaker 2: Wow, So there's like a blood feud in the midst of all this politics as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why you noticed that Trump is going harder on Desanta's. It's not just because he's a primary opponent. It's because, like the hate from that campaign is real. I would estimate there are people within that camp who want to be desantisma than they want to be fired.
Speaker 2: Wow, what could DeSantis do at this point in your mind? What has to happen for him to try to make up some of the ground that has been lost to Trump in the last few months.
Speaker 1: One he needs a national message, Uh, Florida Freedom lives in Florida is not a national message. It's not You're not going to plant palm trees in Michigan. Like, there's no actual I read his book too, there's no national message of what he wants to do as a leader. Like, you can't make every state Florida. It's just not actually possible. So what are you going to do for the industrial Midwest? What are you going to do for the Southwest? What are you going to do in in places like New Hampshire and main second congressional which are still swing areas. What are you going to do in in in places that are key swing congressional districts that need Republican support, like in you know, in Oregon's fourth and fifth district, or in you know, the eastern part of what you know, Washington State where you need Republicans to turn out for their House candidates. What are you do for any of those people. There's no national message. Florida lives free is not a freedom was in Florida is not a national message. What goes to die is not a national message. I want something that sits there and says, if I close my eyes, I can envision like a country that Ron de Santa's leads. That's not there. He needs a surrogacy program to attack Trump every single solitary day on media. He doesn't have to do it, but he has to have people who do it. Nikki Haley is not doing it. She only attacking him, and Alsill Hutchinson Nowe's gonna care about and vivec doesn't do it either. And you need and you need endorsements to start coming, and you need a national rally about you and say why you can't. It's so bad right now for the Desanta's team that in the morn Console poll, Republicans view Trump is more electable than Desanta's, which is ampatomically and like any sense of the word. But he's lost even messaging on that. Trump is the greatest person when it comes to branding in the history of the world, him and Kim Kardashian. It's really true and he has branded himself on certain things as being an outsider when he's an insider, as being a winner when he's a loser, like with elections, being somebody who's accomplished things that he never accomplished, never built a wall, like he says these things to these supporters, and he's branded himself to these things for Republican voters, and they believe it. They don't believe because it's true. They believe because they trust the brand the same way that people believe that smoking was good for you for fifty sixty years, so the brand was solid. De Santas doesn't have a real brand. He's only been like, you know, real national government for four years and the people have paid attention to it any way, and he, I mean, the brand of freedom is not enough of a brand.
Speaker 2: Tell me this, is there any poling, Is there any data, any numbers that can give us some sense as to whether DeSantis because you said, Trump has branded himself as a winner. And it's interesting because even bringing up the twenty twenty election, among certain people in the Republican base, it's really difficult to have a conference. It's like, well, what can be done to have a different outcome? Than twenty twenty, and I'll get people who will say, well, we don't need a different outcome in twenty twenty because you want to which.
Speaker 1: I say, try himself. Trump himself privately has said he's lost, like but he's branded himself as a winner.
Speaker 2: But you see what I mean, Like, how do you even how are you going to address campaign strategy with that portion of the GOP base that's going to say, no, the strategy was great last time. We just need the same strategy this time. Let me put this a better way. If DeSantis and his surrogates, once De Santis gets in this race, which we're all expecting to happen, if they attract, if they attack Trump for being a loser in twenty twenty, is that going to poison the base against him or is that an effective tactic.
Speaker 1: DeSantis himself does not have to sit there and say that although a debate post is going to ask him that question point blank, like you will ask, like a debate host will ask every question. De Santa's could sit there and say that outside people affecting the election, like social media and blocking one hundred and Biden, that is all.
Speaker 2: True, by the way, that's all real yeah, of course it was fixed.
Speaker 1: It wasn't exactly Stone. There's a difference. There was definitely people putting their thumbs on the scale against Trump. Guess what, Welcome to Republican verus Democrat politics that will always exist, That exists under George W. Bush as well. There was huge efforts against Bush in two thousand and four, when during his reelection, huge efforts against McCain and against Romney, and you against Donald Trump in twenty sixteen. The difference between winning and losing is is huge. And this is like the main difference I wrote with this is my substock of the National Office substock. When he ran against Hillary. You had two hugely unlikable characters, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump incredibly unlikable. The difference was that Trump won the vote of the people who don't like either of them by twenty points. So if you didn't like Hillary or Trump, you were more likely to vote for Trump then for Hillary. Now, and this is this is the Wall Street Trunal poll that was done by Tony Fabrizio, who is Trump's pollster. This is Trump's poll and Tony is a fabulous pollster. He's and Tony, by the way, has said over and over the electionalism' Stonlee. But that's besides the point Tony said. Among people who don't like Biden to Biden and don't like Trump, that same population, which is close to the majority of the country, in both cases, they support Biden over Trump by a manager of fifty one to fifteen. So he is losing that same group of people that he won eight years ago by twenty points. He's losing them by almost forty points this time. So there's no Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, I want to return to this. I just want to take a moment for our sponsor here because I want to ask these two questions. Where does Trump stand? Which is a continuation what you're going to say, and I'm sorry to cut you off it in mean too, but where does Trump stand visa VI Biden? Based on the numbers right now? What does that tell us about where it's going in twenty twenty four? And then, because I have a feeling what you say maybe a little depressing, what could Trump do as the nominee to get the numbers he needs to win? So I want to come back to that a second. So we're not just all like super depressed, like why are we even having an election, because sometimes I hear people talk about that' how it feels. But how many more headlines and much more speculation of our dollar no longer being the world's currency. Do you need to see before deciding it's time to diversify with a purchase of gold. Look, I'm like you. I want our dollar to be the currency standard for a long time to come. But there are a number of strong world forces that are trying to change that, and they may well be succeeding. China, Saudi Arabia, Russia, you name them, one country after another. Look, gold is good. The value and stability of gold as both an investment and a hedge against inflation has been proven time and time again. So is my precious metals vendor of choice, Oxford Gold Group, since I started investing in Speaking of Oxford Gold Group four years ago, their advice and direction has proven right repeatedly. Gold and silver can be the protection for your portfolio you need, and it can also be used as currency too. So why not have some gold and silver on hand? I have for years and it's just a comfort to have, particularly on the mornings when you wake up learning there's another run on a bank or people not able to access their cash. Call Oxford Gold Group, who I use to, who I trust? The call is free, and the people on the receiving end of your call are knowledgeable and trustworthy. Eight three to three seven zero seven Gold eight three three seven zero seven g O l D. They make it easy. They've been at this a long time and can arrange for an easy discrete delivery to your home one more time with that number eight three three seven oh seven Gold. All right, so let's start with this is going to be kind of a good, the good, the bat and the ugly. Here, we're starting with the bat and the ugly. Though. I think kind of things look right now based on the trend. Let's just put it based on what you said about DeSantis. Let's just assume now Trump's nominee, right rest of this conversation, Let's assume Trump's nominee. So how does it look for Trump going into twenty twenty four against just against Biden?
Speaker 1: So right now, everything suggests he would lose every single state he lost in twenty twenty plus North Carolina and Texas would be extremely close. He would come very close to losing Texas within a point or two.
Speaker 2: Well, that's terrifying. Losing Texas is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how bad. That's how disliked. Donald Trump has a favorability rating among voters about thirty five percent right now. He is one of the most toxic individuals on a national stage. Only the only persons more talks than him is Mike pens and Kamala Harris. So it's very bad.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not encouraging. What was really bad? What would no I've gotten me. It's really bad. Part of this for sure? What just from a demographics perspective, so everyone knows this, what was lacking in twenty twenty, right, put aside all the other noise and the and the the zucker Bucks and the ballot harvest, all that stuff, right, you know whatever, Right, what numbers weren't there that needed to be there to win the key states who either didn't show up or showed up for the other side in twenty twenty when Trump was trying to win re election.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I think that I think that Trump's campaign team, and Trump has said something to this effect. I think this campaign team made a very frequent mistake of underestimating Hammy who were going to turn it on the electric. I think that he thought it was much lower than it was, which happens. Why do a lot of campaigns from city council homewards? Just more people shout up there, more engaged. But I think when you look at the overall numbers of there, Trump is like just bleeding support. It's among white suburbanites. It is so bad, it is so heavy and so bad that I don't think that there's really much of there's. Okay, So if you look the electric right, the elector's gonna be about sixty three, sixty four percent Caucasian, maybe sixty five percent, let's say sixty five per percent Caucasian. Trump will win probably someone around fifty seven percent of that support, d six percent of that support. So you start his number at about thirty thirty six let's just say thirty six percent support, Okay, Then the elector is also twelve percent thirteen percent Black. Trump's going get one percent of that if he's lucky. So now he goes from thirty four to thirty five percent, the elector will be able to fifteen percent Hispanic and among those if Trump does amazing, if he was the number our pass, he does what he did last time, let's say he gets thirty nine percent, so it's three and a half four percent more, you're at forty two forty three, and then there's a bump from Asian, Native Americans, whatever, and you're forty three forty four percent. What Trump managed to do in his first election was one he got forty seven percent of the vote by increasing the vote of non college educated whites, because he kept enough college educated white who said I hate Hillary Clinton, I hate her too much and black voters who didn't vote. That dynamic does not work against Joe Biden. Joe Biden, if you saw his first ad, it was two major things, Democracy, thirty major things Democracy, abortion, black votes. Because he has to keep the black vote high. He has to sit there and engage the people who hate January sixth and think about it every single solitary day and say Trump's a fundamental threat of democracy and sits there and brings up and brings up.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you my concern and this is in the and again I feel obligated here to continue to try to just learn as much as possible and have the most honest conversations possible about this, because it felt like going into twenty twenty two. It was crime is bad, economy is bad. We're going to kick their asses. Everything's going to be awesome, and then whoops, not so much. And while for me and a lot of other people, Liz Cheney and the other Democrats, I know, she's a Republican, but she's a Democrat now basically doing this January sixth, you know, theatrical experience, like it was like the musical Cats or you know, guys and Dolls or something, right, but it was, you know, January sixth. I looked at this and I thought this is preposterous. But when it came to voting, it seemed that there were a lot of independence and particularly college educated white voters for whom that stuff resonated. They're like that January sixth stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel I got yelled at on the Patrick that David podcast recently because I was like, look like Trump's in a tougher position now than he was running in twenty twenty in a lot of ways. I don't think he was blamed from the pandemic. I don't think that. I think that's an easy excuse. I mean, sure it made people depressed, but what do you think about, like what happened with regard to the way that it went in twenty twenty two, and how we can look at the independent vote through that prism.
Speaker 1: Well, remember in twenty sixteen, of our base of twenty sixteen voters, several million are dead just because they've aged out, and the demographic change in our country. Generation Zi Dian not was not a big voter block even in twenty twenty as it is now, and they're far left as the most progressive generation ever. Where you're going to make even though jen X, by the way, is becoming more Republican and millennials are moving more Republican, despite a stupid Financial Times article said, which is not true. Even though millennials and Gen X are moving more Republican, it doesn't account for the added votes and the dying of the greatest generation. In that silent generation them dying, we're losing a lot a lot of voters. If you look at twenty twenty, Republicans are dominating on quality of life issues, education, crime, housing prices, inflation. You look at a county like Maricopa County, Arizona, sixty percent of the of the state of Arizona lives in one county Republicans won the DA race they want to buy eight points. Americopa they won, They won this, the county school board seat, superintendent of education seat, they won almost every down ballid election there was for quality of life when they came to quality life issues in twenty twenty two, who lost and whose main coulpriers were love anyone who sat there and said abortion ban, support abortion bans and the election was stolen Carry Lake Blank Masters Obey whatever whatever his name was, and then Mark Fintrum. They all lost across the entire board. You know, Ben Tasha and not that you need to win Mayra Copa, but you can't lose it because there's a guy. Tom Horney was education superintendent of Arizona. He beat an incumbent Democrat in twenty twenty two. He won statewide Arizona. Even though he lost Maricopa. He's gonna lose by that much.
Speaker 2: So do people do people from Mago world? Do they argue with you on these numbers in this analysis, by the way, like to you, not not the performative crap on Twitter. I mean, do people really think they're wrong on this stuff?
Speaker 1: Not many? I mean not the people they just I mean, I speak to people on Trump campaign world all the time, and I just say to them, playing blank, like you know you can't win, right, like you know, like this is the Like it's just the primary. You're not gonna win a general election. People genuinely independent, suburban, they genuinely their minds are made up. There's not many people left in this country who don't how they feel about Donald Trump. And unless the conditions are so poor, things we can't see out in the future. Let's say we go into a massive recession. Let's say we go to war with China or rush like something that happens and is cataclysmic. Next level, there's another COVID problem, something on that level that we we don't foresee. And people's heads or the guns to their heads, they don't they do not like him, like it's just it's just an instinctive thing. They don't like him. And the abortion thing is really, really, really hurt Republicans, and it hurt them. If you look at the overall map of the country, there was a red wave. Blue districts got redder, red districts got redder. It was the suburban, middle class counties that care enormously about the issues of like democracy and the issues of abortion. That were the ones that moved bluer and that's where all our swing districts were, and that's where we lost them. So and it didn't help that the map wasn't really favorable to us and all the other all the rest of it. But that's why we lost the Senate candidates we lost, That's why we lost the governor candiates that we lost. And you know, there is a lack of there is a lack of temperate. Temperate. Sorry. The way that Trump has been approaching a lot of these issues is cho vi chuck. But I will tell you you asked before how he can sit there and maybe gain some ground. Trump is already running a general election campaign. When he dropped abortion restrictions as part of his platform, which was like a last week where he said he would not support any restrictions on federal level of abortion, I, by the way, think is a smart move that shows he's triangulating towards the general election candidate. And I'm sure there's a bunch of other issues. The one thing that he will never move on is publicly acknowledging the election was stolen and for a lot of people, Trump is running as if he was never president before. He's saying I'm going to do this, and I'm going to do that. I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that. Dude, you didn't do any of it the first time. He moved in embassy like congratulations, like cut corporation taxes, and he moved to embassy like no offense. But I kind of don't think you're going to do this again.
Speaker 2: So this is just I mean, I wish, you know, I honestly kind of want to do like Gurdusky fields, the phone calls that I get talking about this on radio, because I'll just have some people, you know, listeners, or maybe they're just deciding to troll me for the one time they're calling in. I don't know, but they'll say things like I'm voting for Trump again because he kept all of his promises and got everything done that he said he was going to get done, and for you. I mean, I don't know how. I don't really know what to say to that, because it doesn't matter, because it's clear that it wouldn't matter. And and and then I say to them, I voted for Trump twice. I thought overall, you know, he did he did well as as president and obviously voted for me against Joe Biden. No, it doesn't matter, I have to agree with all this other stuff or else. There's like a sense of betrayal, like how could you be you know, I mean, I'm supposed to I'm supposed to say. I'm supposed to say that Florida sucks, the wall was built. You know, these are things I'm supposed to say or else. There are some people, maybe it's a small part, but they get mad at me, and I don't really know what I can say to them. I don't really know how to I get a little flabbergasted by it.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, I'm not out for a popularity kind of Some don't care if they get mad at me, but the point is, and they can troll me all day on Twitter. I don't do the comments, so I just listen never. There are a ton of people in the media, and I go on the media a lot, so I can consider myself part of conservative media. But a lot of people who openly lie the viewers, and a lot of them every single solitary day. They're paid to lie. A lot of them are paid by campaigns secretly or organizations that are supported by campaigns. It's a lie, straightforward to lie every single solitary day. Some believe the live but most do not. And at the end of the day, my consciousness there and says, Okay, if there's there's a wall built, how are all these migrants across on the wall? Where? How are how are where? We see tons of video footage of migrants walking across the border? Why are they being stopped by that wall that Trump built? And he built fifteen miles, which is okay, better than nothing. But if conquer stuff in the fifteen miles built, or.
Speaker 2: Did he not try?
Speaker 1: Why did he? Why did why? Why did Donald Trump push most of his most of his politics to his Democrats on the law only?
Speaker 2: Could I could I get somebody who is all all in on Trump on the other side already?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Can I try to I want to moderate a Could we do like a show where I will moderate between you two?
Speaker 1: Let's do it? Yeah, listen, And I don't come at this as some I'm not Bill Crystal, I'm not you know, Cindy McCain. I voted for Donald Trump every time he was on the ballot. The day he came down that golden escalator. I said, he's my guy, like a lot of people. But like a lot of people who came to Trump to support him, I didn't support him because he was on the Apprentice. I didn't support him because you know he was going to tell McConnell f himself and act like an asshole on Twitter. Scuse my nuage. I'm not gonna. I wasn't. I didn't support I support him because he said our country is fundamentally broken by our elite, which I still agree with. I still agree with every policy he put forward. In twenty sixteen, I voted for him to be president, and very few of those policies ever got accomplished. And it's not because the chance wasn't there. It was that we didn't have a leader who even exercised that chance. And let me give you one little example. He could not get the raz Act done, the Raiz Act, which would have altered our immigration policy fundamentally for the better. He could not get Republicans to sign on to it, or Democrats is when they had the majority in both houses. So you know what he should have done. He should have sat there to say, Nancy Postio, Mitch McConnell the resident has the sole authority to withhold any class or any single immigrant that they want to on their own. Latterly, if Trump called President Day, if Biden said, guess what, guys, no more redheads in this country, he has unilateral authority. No one can tell him no. Trump had that authority. You know what he was doing. He was meeting with Jeff Bezos, saying how Jeff Bezos needs more immigrants.
Speaker 2: So hold on it, yeah, hold on a second. I got to reach for some Scotch here while we're doing this podcast, Okay, And I need to. I need to numb the pain of what you're telling me a little bit. And I do, by the way, I want to have because this needs to happen, because what the situation right now is we just have people who the the line from the Trump surrogates is agree with everything, or you're a trader, and and never happen, and twenty twenty never happens. And I sit here and I say, I've supported Trump for years. I've supported Trump in ways that have cost me, friends, have cost me, you know, peace of mind, just like walking into events and stuff from psychopaths we're threating, like you know, I've been and I'm just trying to make sure we don't lose again, and that is on it.
Speaker 1: That is the I would ask. I don't want I think I want to estimate this way though. Look, we Joe Biden has a very real chance of picking Alito and Clarence's replacements, Clarence Thomas's replacements on the Supreme Court. There's a very real chance that that could happen in our future. And we have nine Democrats in swing to swing states, and the US sent it up for a vote in twenty twenty four. We can't screw around. This isn't for you know, shits and giggles. This is a real thing for the future of our country in a real fundamental way. And we just can't sit there with a guy who just released the book making fun of John McCain's funeral again, Like it's been five years, so he has been dead. What are you still angry about? Like what kind of a person are you? You just lost Arizona, Carrie Lake just lost Arizona, but mastress los Arizona. So you're a plan is let me release a book where I should on John McCain a year before the election, when only three states really matter Georgia, Wisconsin, and Arizona. I mean that is that shows that we care about winning more than the man who would put his name on the Battle of does. All.
Speaker 2: Right, A right, we're gonna come back. We're gonna come back here a second and talk about how we can actually win, what winning, what the pathway to winning would be, so that Ryan doesn't make me so depressed that I decide that it's time to take up learning like the mandolin or something, and forget about politics all together. We'll get to that in a moment. The team at Minpillow wants you to get a great night's sleep every night, and they've got the most comfortable set of sheets on sale to make all that come together. My Pillows Geeza dream Sheets are the next set of sheets you'll owan. Made from soft cotton found in a region of Egypt called Giza, These dream sheets are the softest, most comfortable sheets you'll find. They're back on sale at their lowest price ever, starting at twenty nine ninety eight per set. You find them online at my pillow dot com. Use my name as the promo code buck when you're online to get prices that are that good. Starting at twenty nine to ninety eight percent. Michael and Dell and his team are so confident in how you're going to sleep on these Geza dream sheets. They're giving you a sixty day money back guarantee, sleep on them for two months before making a final decision. And they come with a ten year warranty too, telling you just how well they're made. Go to my pillow dot com click on Radio Listener Specials to check out this sale on the Geeza dream Sheets. Remember to use code buck at my pillow dot com. That's my pillow dot com promo code buck. All right, Ryan, time for some positive time. Okay, the coach just told us that we we've blown our coverage and we're fumbling next to the end zone. And okay, all right, fine, Now tell the team, sir, how we can actually get into the end zone and win this game? How can we win twenty twenty four? What has to happen?
Speaker 1: I think that I think the Republicans need to accept certain fundamental truths, one of which is, even we had sixty United State centers, we're not going to ban abortion nationwide and all fighting on a federal level. Abortion it's still the planned pattern of fund and it is we should leave it to the states and just walk away from that fight altogether. It's never going to happen. To fight hard for something that you can win is totally acceptable. To fight for something hard and possibly lose for something you cannot win circumstands is a mistake. I think states should be a should be left up to states, and states should decide, says one. Two. You got to just walk away from the whole twenty twenty conversation entirely not important. Talking about really living January sixth not important. What's important is not the children a woman may have. It's not It's not conversations on things people did at the capital three years ago. The conversation is what's going on for that kid in a classroom today who has that experience of massive learning loss, who is more likely if they are black, and more likely to die now than they work before twenty seventeen. The somebody that's like Chicago, Philadelphia and Baltimore and Louisiana, New Orleans. What are we going to sit there and have a real conversation about how how are we going to prevent like another COVID from happening? You know, everything Trump ever said in twenty sixteen was true about how we don't have a manufacturing based in this country and we still don't have one, and the job the manufacturing jobs that did come back under Trump didn't come back to the Midwest. They came back to Arizona, to Nevada, to California, to Texas, to Florida. They didn't come back to the rost beels. How are we actually going to make a real positive investment in places that people are just leaving and how are we going to make those How is the federal government the same federal government that killed those places by putting China into into the free trade to the World Trade Organization and giving free trade to China? How are we going to reinstate those people's hopes and fears? Those are the kinds of conversations that need to be happy, you know, we need to have How are we going to protect the border and literally thousands of people on the terrast watchers have crossed our border. Those those are stations that are serious people being in charge of our country as you.
Speaker 2: I want to there's something I want to ask a meaning to ask you this again, based on what we can see from from the numbers, I'm trying to tell everybody, by the way, and this is just having been close enough to the Afghanistan issue specifically, uh and you know at policy level and everything else being over there, that this idea that talking about the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan is gonna win us votes. I think it's crazy because ultimately, and a lot of people don't want to hear this, but we're not in Afghanistan anymore. That's the truth. Yeah, we're not there, so we can talk about that, the withdrawal and it was a mess, and it was you know, it was the people in charge look like idiots. Yes, all true, but that's not gonna win us the election. Right Ukraine? How does Ukraine factor into all this? Do people care and if they care enough that it matters for the election, what does it look like for us to try to use the Ukraine issue in order to show, you know, endless war is a bad idea, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well more important analyst wars our Pentagon has even stated we don't have military equipment left anymore given it all to Ukraine, Like there's tons of military shortages, military equipment shortages, and like here's I think the way to sit there and explain it. We borrow money from China, who's Russia's ally, to give to Ukraine to fight Russia, so we could hit with the debt and the inflation to fight that it benefits our major global opponent that we have long term problems with than the current one. I think a big problem for a lot of people, especially in leadership, is they haven't except that the Cold Wars over and we want it and it's gone now in Russia is not the Soviet Union, and we should be working with our allies in other places on a ceasefire, on ending the war in some way shape and form, continuating it so we can kill as many Russians as possible. But ultimately we are at a disadvantage because our military equipment is literally at the lowest levels has been in decades, and we are doing this at to borrowing the money from China to give to Ukraine to fight China's ally and tending ourselves more to China and creating more inflation. Is that we can't get the money from China, We're just printing it. So it's I think I think the more the bigger question is is, like you know, we've given more money to Ukraine, We've Afghanistan and we still have.
Speaker 2: I've been to like.
Speaker 1: Parts of this country that people talk about that they actually go to. I've been to parts of like the rough industry Midwest where there was the poddles so large it was a mattress. And to stop the bubble like, we are spending far more on other people's problems that we can't solve and we will ever spend on ourselves. And that is a problem for a working class in this country and a middle class in this country who can't pay for college, who can't find a home, can't pay for the down payment of a home. We're getting killed with interest rates, long lines for gasoline at times. This is the ultimate problem is how are you going? What I said before with what Republicans are killing everyone on, Democrats on is quality of life issues? How are you going to make the quality of life of the average American better? And describe it in a way that Bernie Sanders describes his Medicare policy, where if you close your eyes and you thought about it, you could envision your life being better. I think that's the I think going back to basics and answer that always great everyone a wall you can imagine your life because of X Y Z. What is what is the promise of the future. That is what the Sanders should be figuring out right now. That is what Trump should be working on right now and moving forward into twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: If the people running the Biden campaign had any smarts, they'd be quick to subscribe to Chalk's Male Vitality Stack. Would that campaign benefit from the testosterone replenishment, sure would. Would they have the energy to get through a day, a week, a month. Maybe, well, not even with the strength and focus that comes with Chalk, I think with this Biden White House. But look, miracles aren't what we're asking for here, friends. We're looking for science. We're looking for what works. The patriots at Chalk spent years formulating this daily supplement. Their formulations include all natural ingredients. The leading ingredient in Chalk's Mail Vitality Stack has been proven to replenish twenty percent of deficient amounts of testosterone in three months time. The Biden campaign would benefit from that knowledge, that's for sure. Everything Chalk makes is lab tested twice for purity to ensure the potency is there. If you're looking for more energy in your day, more focus. Chalk's mail Vitality Stack is the answer. Find it online at chalk dot com. That's Cchoq dot com. Get thirty five percent off the Chalk subscription of your choice for life when you use my name Buck in your purchase process. That's Chalk dot com. Choq dot com and use the name Buck. Can we win the Senate at least?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean you can. You've got to win a Bio and West Virginia and just to defend Texas. And I think the map is so good. The map is excellent this time around. You have so many opportunities to win the Senate. It would be it's literally unbelievable if it doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: What's the Is there any place where we could try to steal one out of their kitchen cupboard, if you know what I mean? Is there any place we could pick up a seat where it'll really piss the Democrats off? Because that's always exciting.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we have the chance of Arizona because kitchen center rings an independent. You have West Virginia, you have Ohio, you have Montana, you have Nevada, where the Democrat this time is even less pumper than the government Democrat last time. You don't have Georgia this time. I think it's in twenty six but you do. You have a ton of places.
Speaker 2: There's like that's five, Arizona is kind of what I mean, Arizona would be like that would be a morale win too, you know what I mean, to pick up a Senate Yeah there, I was.
Speaker 1: Just there for school board stuff. Yeah, it would be a huge win. And it's totally possible. And I think cinema hates the Democrats more than shades the Republicans, so we have always be huge And I think that there's other by Hampshire's up to which would be a huge win. We haven't had to win there in since twenty sixteen, as when we lost our Senate seat. There wasn't that long ago. Pennsylvania is up, it was a tougher, tougher road. Michigan is an open seat. That would be great if it's possible. Wisconsin is up, I believe as well. So there's there's nine states right there that are swing states, red states that if you have a red weave with a president who's remarkably unpopular, as long as you don't run anybody who's even less unpopular. You know, even in twenty eighteen we picked up Senate seats, so it's totally possible we had a net game for three sentence seats I believe it was, and there were two sentence seats in the Senate.
Speaker 2: I'll take I'll take this closing happy meal from Gradusky here gratefully and not ask him any more questions. It's like, just has no chance, Trump has no chance, it gets by, and there was a little depressing the Senate. However, looking good for us, folks. So take that one home with you, and you know it's those better days ahead. I promise Roan Gerdusky go check out the seventeen seventy six project pack, and I'll honestly subscribe to his substack because it's a very insightful And just go to substack right, look up National Populis Newsletter, or just google your name. Ryan. People always like how do I spell his name? I'm like, ah, it's close enough, some kind of polish thing for Dusky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's ten percent polishly handy.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Buck,