Speaker 1: Come on, come on, this episode of the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: The second round of the playoffs is already here.
Speaker 3: We are ready, We already got drama.
Speaker 2: As Draymond gets tossed from Game one, his flavor in two is not getting reversed.
Speaker 3: The Grizzlies lose a heartbreaker to the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Box are still underdogs even though they slammed and humbled the Celtics. Sixers start the series without mb for god knows too long, and this might mean another early.
Speaker 3: Exit in Philly.
Speaker 2: Out in the West, the MAVs and the Suns get underway with a healthy Luca and.
Speaker 3: A healthy Devin Booker. So before we get into it, just drop that motherfucker beak Man the second round of the playoffs. I just love the playoffs so much. We are already loaded with drama.
Speaker 2: Let's start out with the East, with the favored Celtics taking on the Champs. Someone tell me, riddle me this. How are the defending champions underdogs in any situation in the East.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it houseway. I know Middleton is injured, I know it. I'm aware of this, But this is Yannice, Like Yannis is a different cat He's not Steph Curry, He's not you know, Kevin Durant, He's not even Lebron James.
Speaker 3: Like, this is a guy who.
Speaker 2: Is largely offensively, defensively unstoppable, and then a bunch of other guys who make his job easier.
Speaker 3: Please make it make sense.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the regular season record between the Celtics and the Milwaukee Bucks for a second, because I've been just wrapping my brain around how Vegas could make these odds the way that they are. Celtics two and two, So they split against the Bucks this year and thought maybe without with Chris, the Celtics would be favored. Here's the thing, though, the Celtics beat a Yannis list Bucks without Yannis in overtime in November in overtime and Dennis Shrewder, Who the fuck does Dennis shrud think he is? Dennis Shrewder had thirty eight in that game. They then beat the Bucks during the point in time where the Bucks didn't give a fuck about basketball, like December, that part where it's like not quite trade deadline season, all Star breaks a while away, and let's be honest, the Bucks already won this damn thing. They don't need to push to win every single game. The last two times that they played the Celtics, the Bucks beat them at home twice one seventeen, one thirteen, and at the end of the season beating him one twenty seven, one to twenty one.
Speaker 3: So to recap, the Celtics never beat the Bucks without Dennis Shooter.
Speaker 2: Not like a tremendous like piece of information, but there is no Dnis Shooter in this matchup.
Speaker 3: He's gone now, he's been traded.
Speaker 2: And they never beat them in Milwaukee, and they only beat him once with Yannis. And listen, when you have Dennis Shooter coming off the bench and he's giving you forty that's not insignificant. And and like, let's also be honest about what Milwaukee's doing.
Speaker 3: They don't. They've realized they.
Speaker 2: Don't need to win sixty games in order to win the championship. Like they no longer have to prove to the world the Milwaukee's on the map.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee's very firmly on the map.
Speaker 2: They decided we're gonna low manage, We're gonna coast, just doesn't matter one through six. We're fine, We don't we don't need to be the number one seed.
Speaker 3: We don't only need ESPN to.
Speaker 2: Put us ninety two point seven percent to make the finals.
Speaker 3: Like, it's fine, put us a three seed, put us a sixth seed.
Speaker 2: As long as we don't have to play in the play in tournament, we're good and and that's like pretty much a matchup problem for anyone. I tell you what, as a better as a gambler, I could not run fast enough to the window when I saw that Vegas gave me the Bucks at plus one seventy.
Speaker 3: Five for them to win the series. You're talking about almost two to.
Speaker 2: One money for the Bucks, the defending champions, to beat the Celtics, who have been good for like two seconds.
Speaker 3: Like what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: The fact that the Nets got swept has now put I don't know, like it's like a pill. Everyone is taken like, oh you beat the Nets. Oh now you're the Now you're the favorites, like they should have never been. The Nets should have never been the favorites, Like they're not good. I can't say this as stress this large enough.
Speaker 3: You're here, Brock. I've been screaming this from the mountaintops since October plus one seventy five. Yonis Anta Takupo. He's a thirty fifteen and five guy. How and he's hitting free throws out? What? Then? I? Okay? Then I double back and I was like, what, I get him plus four and a half? What did that? Then I double back again, live what they're up and I'm still getting him plus two and a half.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, okay, Well, now the they're like probably gonna score one hundred and eighty points when I can get under one hundred and ninety six total points. Like this is a defensive like matchup, give it and like, no matter how much we give props to Boston and their defense, like, do not sleep on the Bucks defense. They've got guys who will just like cut your legs out, Grayson Allen, Grayson Allen Marcus smart is the matchup you didn't know you needed. I The Bucks are stifling Brook Lopez, one of the best room protectors in the league. Nobody speaks about him, Nobody even utters his name. They're just like, oh, no, no, miss christ Christopher Middleton, what no Chris with a K?
Speaker 3: Obviously that in the Bucks, Well what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And then okay, then the Bucks of course do exactly what I thought, which is like they should win this game.
Speaker 3: Let alone like four be four and a half point dogs.
Speaker 2: Headline, Boston hit in the mouth, out muscled by Milwaukee Bucks in physical game one. Tell me how that changes? How, Like is Chris Middleton a part of the out muscling.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Like no nobody's ever said like Chris Middleton bully ball, like never moving forward with or without Middleton, I'm not sure anyone out muscles Milwaukee in the NBA like period.
Speaker 3: Even Phoenix couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: That's why they had to figure out a way to get other centers involved, because one center is not enough. You'll just get into foul trouble. And like then you've got DeAndre Ayton sitting his ass on the bench because he's got four fouls in the first quarter. Now you gotta roll out Frank Kaminski, Like let me just if you don't know Frank Kaminski just the way that I say his name. He's been cut. He's been cut already. They've got JaVale McGee. Now, they've got Bismack Meambo. Now they've got plethora of depth in case really just for this scenario, really, just because Joannis and Brook are a problem, and for Game two, Milwaukee is yet again, somehow inexplicably, the line has not moved.
Speaker 3: A must like like anything. It's four and a half again, take it.
Speaker 2: If you're above a and you've got sports betting legal to you like, take that, don't. I don't care that they're gonna make adjustments, All of them will. And if somebody needs to explain to me how in game two is going to go different than Game one, everybody's like, oh, well, the Celtics they just shot so bad. They were just so bad, Like, they can't possibly shoot as bad as they did. They were just chucking from everywhere. They shot fifty times from three, They shot fifty times from the three point line. They can't possibly be that bad. They shot eighteen for fifty. By the way, percentage wise, that's actually better than they've shot all year long. Their season long three point percentage is thirty five point six percent from deep. So tell me exactly how this changes. They shot ten for thirty four in the paint. How do you fix that? Got two guys, Yannis and Brooke. Where how are you gonna spread them out? You put them on the perimeter, somehow stretch them out. You got what you got? Fucking time? Lord on, like on the three point line, get out of here? Who is who is going into the paint? How are you gonna stop that? Here's what Jalen Brown said after the game. We've gotta be smarter.
Speaker 3: In game one.
Speaker 2: We weren't. So we look at it, we learn from it, we come better back for the next game. We shot a lot of threes tonight, a lot of them great looks. We understand that's what they want us to do, so we're gonna figure it out. Why do you think they want you to do that because you're not good at it? Like, so smarter is not gonna get you taller. Like, you can be as smart as you want. But they're seven feet tall and Giannis is like two seventy five.
Speaker 3: So listen, you made the exact number of threes. Your record suggests that you're gonna make moving forward, You're gonna shoot sixty of them.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The bottom line is this, the Celtics were crowned way too early. And I like the Celtics. If they weren't.
Speaker 2: Facing the Bucks, maybe they'd face the Bucks in the Eastern Conference Finals and then they would go to sleep to the Bucks then instead of now, like I don't know, like I don't know why we get into these trends of like, well, you beat the king, you took the king down, and now you've got the crown like first and foremost, like the Emperor had no clothes, like, so you guys just kept thinking like maybe if we keep saying that they have clothes on, that the Nets are gonna be like a real team. They're just never have been, never will be. They had no depth and just because the Celtics beating didn't mean that they ended up getting any more respect than what they are. They're they're a matchup disadvantage with or without Chris Middleton. Let me ask you this, what happens if Chris Middleton was in the series, then it's like, I mean, it was a dominating performance. They were up largely the whole game by double digits with their number two score out. M Yeah, you have Marcus Smart banged up. He's not gonna not be banged up because he's dealing with Drew Holliday and Grayson Allen and Bobby Portis and his goggles. Like that's what this is gonna be. So I know, and you've got Jaylen Brown with a lingering hammy as well. I don't know what you want me to say, but if you're a better just go ahead and keep hammering the Bucks and take that shit to the bank, because the Bucks look like right now they're going back to the finals and it's probably going to seven with the Suns and then like, honestly, quite honestly, my heart will be broken, but it feels like the Bucks are going to win it again. Jianness is the best player on the planet. He is unguardable, and thus the Bucks I can I cannot imagine them being stopped. Uh, let's move forward with another amazing series that has begun.
Speaker 3: Lord Warriors versus Grizzlies what I would.
Speaker 2: Call the Spider Man pointing at Spider Man two superstar guards like physicality all over, guys who are just gritty with You got Dylan Brooks, you got Desmond Bane, you got Draymond Green, and Draymond Green's Steven Adams is in health and safety protocols. I can't wait for him to return. Series is one hundred percent going seven games. How do I know that Game one told me everything that I need to see to predict that these teams really aren't separated by much. Either team goes up thirteen does not matter. They can score in an instant, they can get very shaky in an instant on both sides of the teams two very evenly matched competitors. Game one was pretty much exactly like we predicted, very gritty, incredibly tight, dozens of lead changes, big time game winning shots, big time go ahead shots, bodies hitting the floor, ejections, game winning shot followed by a potential game winning miss like Draymond Green hitting someone like ays per usual. And so let's talk about this Draymond ejection for a second, because me and Draymond have had our own little thing back and forth drawing.
Speaker 3: But this is what happened.
Speaker 2: It happened when he got into a battle with Brandon Clark, small five killing who fell to the ground with Draymond holding onto his jersey like it was the safety bar at her on a roller coaster, just hanging on tight, just trying to stay in that little chair of death.
Speaker 3: And so then they called the flagrant two. You're ejected. He's out of the game.
Speaker 2: Right before the second quarter, Draymond decided he was going to address it. I want to play that for our folks.
Speaker 4: I am dumb enough to think that it would not even be a flag or one. That you know, the playoffs are a little tougher and not as soft as the regular season, you know, and that you know you can you can bump a little more and you get away with a little more, you know. Like I think tonight was probably a reputation, a reputation thing more so than a hard file. By definition, if we go through the definition of a flagrant two file, I'm not sure that that play would quite be the definition of a flagrant file. I'm not sure it would meet that criteria.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, you dragged them onto the ground. It was like considered a body slam. So yeah, that's gonna be a flagrant one, probably not a flagrant two.
Speaker 3: Here's the issue.
Speaker 2: The league is now not going to reverse it. Now Draymond Green has two flagrant points, which four makes it a one game suspension, So one more of these little antics you're out for an entire game. And if it was reduced, then Draymond only gets one flagrant point, which would give him more wiggle room in case he does that shit again, and then he has another flagrant point to wiggle with The Grizzlies' response to the ejection pretty much a big like who gares Brandon Clark says, yeah, He's been known for this in his career, like flagrant fowls is his thing. I've watched them on TV my entire life. Not shocking that he would do that. But the thing that I think a lot of fans may be missing is that the Draymond Green ejection might have.
Speaker 3: Actually helped the Warriors.
Speaker 2: The Warriors at one point in time, were down twelve points while Draymond Green was in the game. Draymond Green is a matchup issue because of Jaron Jackson, because of Brandon Clark. Draymond Green's a tremendous competitor at one of the best defenders in the game. But losing him was like a splash cold water and a little bit of gasoline. They were like fucking zombies out there. Grizzlies were out to an early lead, they were in transition. Warriors, look shook, memphisis rocking. Steph's missing shots, Everyone's missing shots. Clay then said, as soon as Draymon went out, we ended up having extra motivation and the team played the rest of the game hopping mad like that's a level of intensity.
Speaker 3: That you don't get when Draymond's still there.
Speaker 2: Like, by the way, Grizzlies were up one point one point one minute, twelve seconds left in the in the first half when Draymond got ejected, Like I said, they were up by as much as twelve with Draymon in the game. But the most important thing about this game, where I'm thinking this could go seven, and I'm also concerned about the Grizzlies poise, we need to talk about that last thirty six seconds for a second. Let me set it up for you. Down one point, Grizzlies ball. Ja Morant has it thirty six seconds to go. Grizzlies have a two for one opportunity because of the shot clock, right, you gotta get a quick bucket. They have a full twenty four and you still have time left to get a bucket in case either they don't hit one or they do, you can't have them have the ball. Then you gotta play the foul game, et cetera. Jaw that's the standard.
Speaker 3: Two for one, that's the standard.
Speaker 2: That's what you're supposed to do. Jah, who I love, By the way, so no shade to jaw. Took a full twenty seconds just to get a layup. That fucking got blocked by Steph Curry, who's known as a piss poor defender in the league.
Speaker 3: Where he's saying I shut him down.
Speaker 2: He's literally shit talking jaw like, yeah, I stopped that shit he blocked.
Speaker 3: You took you twenty seconds to get blocked. Then you then wait to foul.
Speaker 2: You take a full seven seconds to then foul because you've literally wasted all the time.
Speaker 3: Now they can just run out the clock. They're up.
Speaker 2: You take eleven seconds to do seven seconds to do that. That brings the clock down to eleven seconds left in the game. But you had a foul to give, which you must have not known or you would have foiled immediately. Then you take another full five seconds to foul to send Klay Thompson to the free throw line ninety percent free throw shooter, dumb shit. Thankfully, Klay Thompson misses them both. You get a jump ball because you tip the ball out of bounds on his free throw misses.
Speaker 3: You probably shouldn't even gotten the ball at that point.
Speaker 2: Then as soon as you get the jump ball, there's four point two seconds left in the game, you call timeout somehow the refs give you three point six seconds. You don't challenge that can test that inexplicable. They're even talking about it on the broadcast. Now you got three point six seconds left and you're down one, Okay, then what do you do?
Speaker 3: All of a sudden we draw up a play.
Speaker 2: For Jah Morant coming from behind half court being fully guarded with the full head of steam. Which is the whole point is that we want to get jaw like a pseudo in transition. You only have three point six seconds left, folks, the shock quality is going to be not so good. You're basically hoping that he gets fouled. By the way, Jahn Morant not so good of a clutch freeto shooter either.
Speaker 3: What is this mess?
Speaker 2: Like? Maybe one of the biggest thirty six second messes I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: They still had the ability to win that game.
Speaker 2: There's just this is where they thrive normally, Memphis tough situation. Memphis has now lost their home court advantage. You know, Golden State thinks that they have a leg up because they did it without Draymon. Confidence levels are high. Just no predicting where this goes would not shock me though, if Steven Adams and Draymond Green get into it. Steven Adams by the way, for folks, you don't member got into it with Draymond when he was in Okac and they had those intense battles with Katie Ross and Steven Adams. He kicked Steven Adams in the in the Adams apples like multiple times in the little like twigs and berries. So this is gonna be firework prediction time because I they say I'm a Golden State hater.
Speaker 3: Grizzlies in seven figure it out. Grizzly's fucking me out for the.
Speaker 2: Least two games in their second round series against Miami Heat. This is massive thirty points per game, twelve rebounds per game, up to Tennis's per game. This is a team that would struggle to make the play in tournament without Joel Embiid in the East. Now they face Miami Heat, team that is extremely physical. By the way, as soon as Joel Embiid comes back, that thumb issue isn't going away. They have multiple guys that can score on the perimeter, defend on the perimeter. There are a lot of role players that are gonna come in give you good minutes, even without Kyle Lowry who's not playing in game one, even if Jimmy Butler missus time, which he will play in game one. Like you've got Victor Oladipo, You've got Gaye Vincent, You've got Caleb Martin, you've got Max Struz. You got a bunch of guys that the casual fans never even heard of.
Speaker 3: They might get you. Twenty five. Didn't even mention Duncan Robinson, didn't mention Tyler Herro. This is a nightmare. The WOJ bomb is that there's Oh, this is the bomb. This is the sound of the WOJ bomb.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: There is optimism that the Sixers get Joelle back as early as game three or game four, excuse me, pause, as early as Like that doesn't inspire me.
Speaker 3: That doesn't give me optimism. You could be already down three zero by then.
Speaker 2: If you don't think Doc Rivers is a good coach when he's up three to zero, how do you think.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be down three to zero?
Speaker 2: So much scoring now has to fall on a guy who hasn't been elite in two and a half three years, hasn't been elite before the word like the last time James Harden was elite. Was before we knew what social distancing was like, we didn't even know the word COVID.
Speaker 3: That's the last time Harden was hardened.
Speaker 2: Now he's ecstatic that he lost left Houston because he had to shoulder the burden. He went to the nets where he's like, well, I got Kyrie and KD. Awesome, I don't have to shoulder. Wait then KD goes down, Kyrie does Kyrie things that he bolts. He's like, I now get Joel Embiid. I don't want to be the number one scoring option. And now when the lights are bright, James Harden playoff. Harden comes to play.
Speaker 3: With all of the scoring burden on his shoulders once again, with less explosiveness, less athleticism, and twenty more pounds you fucking think's gonna happen? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Doesn't take a scientist or a mathematician like, I don't even know why I'm giving this take it so obvious. Poor James Harden, like poor Ja. Everywhere he goes, the world crumbles around him and it's like largely still on him somehow, I don't know. And like Tyrese Maxey, he's such a volatile player. Love little Tyrese, like his braids are shaken all over the place because he's so erratic.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 2: But if you're thinking that he's gonna be the guy in high pressure moments at twenty whatever, he is, he's young, he's in experience, he's chucking. We're now relying on Tobias and Danny Green.
Speaker 3: Listen. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: If we see the James Harden we saw in Game six in the first round against Toronto, maybe they compete, maybe they can even steal a game. James Harden in that game twenty two points, seven of twelve, six rebounds, fifteen assists. He's gonna need at least that stat line. I think probably thirty five points, eight rebounds, eighteen.
Speaker 3: Assists needs to be the stat line. But if he is noted, this series might be over in four.
Speaker 2: Prediction time, I think Joelle Embiid comes back, gets one Miami in five. Let's talk Suns Mavericks another series I think could go to the distance. I think it's another one of those situations where the underdog is getting significantly undervalued. Mavericks five and a half point underdogs like the Pelicans, weren't five and a half point underdogs, and there's a team that went one to twelve to start the season.
Speaker 3: Like you've got Luka Doncic, Like, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunson gives you twenty, Luca gives you thirty, Spence can give you twenty. Dwight Powell can give you fifteen. Maxi Klaba gives you fifteen, seventeen, Reggie Bullock gives you fifteen. I mean what this is like a very good defense that can switch things and be long and athletic and do all the things that the Phoenix can do.
Speaker 3: They just don't have Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: Like Jalen Brunson is basically their version of Chris Paul. Luca is their version of Devin Booker. Probably Spencer or Reggie Bullock is their version of Michale Bridges. Dwight Powell certainly know DeAndre Ayton, but okay, I guess that's the matchup issue, right, But he's still a very good defender and can rebound his ass off, so it's gonna be tight. I love the idea of Chris Paul and Luca on the floor. At the same time, I love the idea of like Chris Paul versus Jalen Book versus Luca, who's gonna score more, Who's gonna turn the ball over less?
Speaker 3: By the way, New York's awesome.
Speaker 2: You can same game parlay props and like you literally take like Chris Paul under two and a half turnovers and Jalen Brunson over probably one and a half turnovers, that plus money.
Speaker 3: Just love that stuff. MAVs just keep getting better all month, even without Luca. They were really good.
Speaker 2: With Luca, they basically dismantled the entire jazz organization. Like the jazz I'm not even gonna discuss this because we have too much to get to, but like the Jazz are in complete disarray right now. Like we've got a situation where Rudy Gobert is telling the jazz organization it's either Donovan Mitchell or me, and that is all because of the MAVs and a beasting to his eye. So do not sleep on the Mavericks. This thing could go seven. And also little shade Alert, Jason Kidd was talking shit about the Jazz by complimenting the Sun Centers. You know how that whole thing goes. It's like a backhanded compliment sort of. He goes, Yeah, the difference between the Suns and the Jazz are last opponent. Yeah, the Sun can hurt you in the paint, Javail and Atan, this is not Rudy Gobert and Hassan Whiteside. Like, these guys actually can put the ball into the basket. Our bigs are going to be tested. Wow, Like what that's a real quote that.
Speaker 3: I just wrote.
Speaker 2: Read So we're gonna know a lot more about this series after the first game is in the books.
Speaker 4: Tonight move if you got the nerdlash out for your justice service, it's not chestim last segment.
Speaker 2: It is our second to last winning time recap. As always turn off the pot if you don't like spoilers. This is why it's at the end. You can catch us on the flippity flip if you haven't watched it.
Speaker 3: So it's all good.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, there are now three main plot lines. One, Jerry Buss his mom dies in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the playoff series tough.
Speaker 2: Second, like a really really sad shows their relationship. How that changes his relationship with his daughter Jeanie Buss. The fact that she's conflicted because she wants to take care of her grandmother. How her grandmother actually wants Geenie to be independent because she's always relied on and cared for men, Which is very interesting to me because Jeanie's never married. She's been with Philo Jackson on and off for a really long time, but she never really paired up and lived for a man. She's her entire life has been sort of kind of being like Jerry Buss, being single, being a bachelorette who's largely a business woman, which I find that to be fascinating. Also, the return of Jack McKinney and him trying to get back as being the head coach of the Lakers after you know, stunning Lee almost losing his brain on the cement and him having memory issues while still being clearly a smarter coach, but just not the coach with all of his faculties that makes sense. And then another involving Spencer Haywood, who is probably the most.
Speaker 3: Interesting player in NBA history.
Speaker 2: The last time we talked about Coach McKinney, his running gun offense revolutionized the NBA, and now he's like, I can't express to you how important he is to Showtime. Showtime doesn't exist without Jack McKinney, and he's finally cleared to have his role again, which then now causes serious problems for Paul Westead, his assistant who's the interim head coach, and west Head's assistant pat Riley, who McKinney wants no part of being on the bench. Pat Riley shouldn't be there recording the McKinney's got a fucking go and if he wouldn't have said that, maybe they wouldn't have had these problems. McKinny thinks Paul west had stabbed him in the back and is trying to take his job and wants him gone.
Speaker 3: The problem is is that his brain is not right.
Speaker 2: He hasn't recovered fully from the bike accident just a couple of months ago, and he's got getting lost. He's forgetting people's names. There's a scene where Jerry Buss shows up at his doorstep. He doesn't even know it's Jerry Buss, and Bus is loyal, he wants to give him his job back, but when McKinney shows up with champagne at his doorstep, he's like special delivery for Jerry for Jack McKinney, and.
Speaker 3: Jack's like hold on one second.
Speaker 2: Uh, wife, Uh, there's a delivery at the door.
Speaker 3: Can you come hold on one second?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, my wife. Can he help you with that?
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, let me just back a pivot, sir, red alert, Pivot time, pivot and it's west Head and Riley's title now to either win or lose. B story then revolves around Jerry's Bus's mom, brilliantly playing by Sally Field, dying from cancer, so sad to watch. By all accounts, Jerry Buss and his mom incredibly closed.
Speaker 3: The story of Jerry.
Speaker 2: Buss and his mom being like being an abject pop hustling their way to the top.
Speaker 3: Like, but what is lost is.
Speaker 2: Just like I said, how much Geniebus learned from her grandmother, especially when it comes to being a woman in a male dominated business. And let's talk about Spencer fucking Haywood. You may not have heard of him, but he was voted into the Hall of Fame in twenty fifteen. He was a problem six' eight hard rock, sets tough screens From, mississippi who was all grit on the boards and in the. Paint problem was he did crack like pretty. Much we're talking about a guy who sued THE nba in nineteen seventy and, one allowing underclassmen for the first time to enter the. Draft, yes you would have No Lebron james Without Spencer, haywood No Kevin garnett Without Spencer.
Speaker 3: Haywood he was also married.
Speaker 2: To, emon the iconic fashion. Model how he pulled her unknown unknown to, me he turned Down nike for a shoe mill that would have been.
Speaker 3: Over worth over a billion dollars turn him.
Speaker 2: Down he even performed an adult circumcision on himself with a razor and a.
Speaker 3: Rock these are all. True these are all true. Things what let me just say it. Again Spencer haywood doing, crack married to.
Speaker 2: Supermodel apparently she signed on for him to take a razor and a rock to his own fucking penis and shave.
Speaker 3: OFF i swear To, god that's not even relevant to the.
Speaker 2: Story by nineteen seventy, nine he was a valuable player off the bench for The, lakers but he was doing. Coke he was doing, crack and he had been addicted to crack cocaine for. Years and this leads to the greatest drama in the series Of day because even more than the head, coach nearly, dying then coming, back then being so out of his mind That Jerry buss has to give the team to his, assistance one of which has no coaching. Experienced all he has is being next To chick hern as an. Announcer The lakers now are in the finals with The, sixers and guess. What Spencer haywood gets back to the pipe so bad he shows up to practice the next day looking Like Dave chappelle in the Fucking Skit.
Speaker 3: Paul. West heead literally has.
Speaker 2: To kick him off the team during THE Nba. Finals kareem Abdulj, bar his really good friend for like fellow, activist is the deciding. Vote has to deliver the news To Spencer haywood the same week that The lakers fire their head coach because he's cuckoo in the.
Speaker 3: Brain right, now.
Speaker 2: That's not even the best. Part the best, part which actually happens to be. True we know that as, well Because spencer writes about it also in his, autobiography is when he gets kicked off the, team what does he? Do does he take it on the, chin decide to go to, rehab look, inward decide yes it is true? Me Spencer, HEYWOOD i have a. Problem, No he decides to take out a hit and kill the head coach of The. Lakers he hires someone to come TO la to try to cut the brakes On Paul.
Speaker 3: Westead let me recap this off for.
Speaker 2: You Spencer haywood gets kicked off The lakers for smoking crack during THE Nba.
Speaker 3: Finals then was so mad takes out a murder hit on his former edd.
Speaker 2: Coach he hires a mafia hit man to murder his head. Coach and there's already been a mafia hit.
Speaker 3: In the fucking.
Speaker 4: Season this.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: UNREAL i had to buy a, copy literally, so just SO i could find a section where he talks about.
Speaker 3: It this is what he.
Speaker 2: WROTE i left the forum AND i drove off in my roles that night thinking one, thing not, DAMN i fucked.
Speaker 3: Up it was West head's gotta.
Speaker 2: DIE i drove through the streets plotting the man's. Murder in the heat of anger and in the days of, COKE i phoned an old friend of mine In, detroit guy Named, gregory certified. GANGSTER i, said come out, here, BUDDY i got SOMEONE i want you.
Speaker 3: To take care.
Speaker 2: Of he, said no, problem would love to do that for. You the next, Day greg and his partner flew out To la ready to go to. Work we sat down and we figured it. Out West head lives In Palos, verdes and we got his street. Address we would sabotage this car and mess.
Speaker 3: With his, brake lining are you kidding? Me and we are.
Speaker 2: Trying we have people Like Jerry west letting a little entertainment get in the way of the. Truth and the best series on television right, Now Winning time, folks wraps up Next, sunday and god, damn how could he get any? BETTER i am looking forward to.
Speaker 3: It that's all the, time.
Speaker 2: Folks, Wow, like let's just really, fast really fast before the, clothes just let that sink. In like what, like first of, all you got your point guards having orgies later CONTRACTING. Hiv your head coach isn't even your head. Coach he's got had a. Stroke you're firing. Him you fire them later later in the, finals you fire him midway. Through you got a guy on crack cocaine getting kicked off the. Team here's your main role, player big man Helping Kareem, abdorsby like and then he decides he's gonna kill the head, coach who's not even the real head, coach he's the Interim why don't we know about this? Already, like why hasn't there already been a? Film, anyway that's all the time that we have for the Heat. Check we'll be back in a couple of days with a new. Episode follow us as we get deeper and deeper into the. Playoffs do not forget to, download, Subscribe tell your, friends every damn. One follow us on social at this heat check And Trista creek on TikTok and On. Twitter will quill, you will well well