Speaker 1: The Boys. Yo, it's your boy. Will Compton another episode of Busts with the Boys, also co hosting with me Taylor Lawan. He's not here today. He's also not featured in this episode as this was an episode I did right before. This is the episode I did right before I came to Oakland. I did this episode with Levonte David flew out to Oakland the next day. This was back around that time. Yeah, I'm not gonna talk too much about I'm not gonna talk too much about the game this week. We all know what week it is. Will Will's team, Taylor's team, Raiders, Verse Titans. Not gonna get into it. Not gonna get into it, especially after yesterday for the Raiders. Yes, am I pissed off? Yes, I'm pissed off. I don't do I want to talk about the game. No, I don't want to talk about the game. I'm gonna do this intro. I'm gonna make it short and sweet so that way you guys can listen. It's an awesome episode of Levonte David. But first we gotta think our sponsors, Hunter Briley, Regal Realty Group, their website information, Regal RG dot com. Anything in the Nashville area, if you're coming to Nashville, if you're going to eventually live there. I know there were people in Vegas that hit him up. They're like, hey, we're gonna be moving out there in the future. They went out and visited and started looking at places anything residential, commercial, investment. Hunter Briley, he's got you. Hang on here. Let me let me pull up his personal number. This is his cell phone. So if you even if you don't want to call him and talk to him, you can shoot him a text and tell him the boy said you, He'll get you. Take care of the number six one five six or zero nine seven three five. Hunter Briley is the mastermind behind everything in real estate in Nashville and also all of our tailgate all the tailgating stuff that goes on out there. Hunter Brodley's the man. Shout out Hunter Hunter Bridley. Regal Realty Growth hit him up. Also Anne Heeuser Busch Ajax Turner, the local distributor for Anheuser Busch. Shout out the boys. Man, Shout out the boys. Forgettness taken care of with all of our liquid needs. Sounds a little weird, but shout out the boys for handling all the drinking situations for us UM and that natty Light Seltzer man that don't give attitude. We love that you guys are sending us Natty light Seltzer pictures all the time. We love that you guys are just sending us pictures of whatever you're drinking and hashtaging. Don't give a Please continue to do so so we can pup you guys on our YouTube and our social media and continue to engage and interact with you. Sorry, that's super fucking disrespectful having my phone on during this UM, but yeah, keep doing that, guys. We love engaging. We love that shit anyway, moving forward. Leavonte David Nebraska Cornhusker, Nebraska black Shirt Dude is a legend. If he would have had a four year career at Nebraska, he would have been the greatest linebacker of all time coming out of Nebraska, which says a lot because it's one of the greatest universities of all time. Shout out the boys in Nebraska. Dujus stud Man came into the league. This is his eighth year and he is at nine hundred and seventy six tackles stud linebacker. It baffles me that this dude hasn't made a Pro Bowl yet. He's made a Pro Bowl, but as an alternate, he hasn't been voted on the Pro Bowl unanimously, which is complete bullshit. And it sucks because he's in the category of outside linebacker with and when you're in the category of outside linebacker, you're in the category with all the you know, pass rushers, all the guys who get sacks and everything like that, who blitz off the edge, who put up you know, who had the stats in the in the sack section and tackles for loss and all that bullshit. But this man, Levante David, needs to be in a Pro Bowl, and he needs to be in the goddamn Pro Bowl this year. So if you get a minute, go and flood and if I what is it Pro Bowl? Just type in Pro Bowl ballot and vote for Leavonte David because this man is legit a pro he as you can tell him a little pissed off about it, because it's crazy to me. This man's in his eighth year and he's gonna hit a thousand tackles this year. I think Bobby Wagner just did that. They're like the same year. Dude's got eleven interceptions in his career, twenty two and a half sacks. Yeah, that's my fucking boy, dude, and I'm pubbing this because he We need to get his ass to the Pro Bowl along with a lot of other guys. But this episode's about Leavonte David. We were boys. We played together at Nebraska. We were alongside each other as black Shirts, had some awesome moments together. The dude isn't absolutely so you're gonna hear some great stories. But yeah, I can't say it enough. We need to get this boy to the Pro Bowl, and man, love that kid. Ude. Hey Levonte, if you happen to listen to this, shout out you, bro. I love and I miss you, dude. I can't wait to see you in the off season at the team Jack, Evince and everything else. But without further ado, listen to Lavonte David episode Dudes. My Boys is stud Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Shout out the boys. You're gonna enjoy this episode. Subscribe rate five stars. Leave a fun review. It doesn't even have to It doesn't even have to be a friendly review. Leave a fun review. In all of our comments sections, you can follow us at bustin WTB. We got an awesome merchandise apparel line. Go check it out. Yeah yeah, guys, I mean, you know, the fucking deal Battle the Boys this week Titans and Raiders. It's pretty legendary that I'm gonna get Taylor and I are gonna get to share the field again. I think this will be our fourth time share in the field. We played against each other twice when he was at Michigan and I was at Nebraska. He was actually in one of my old photos. I'll have to post that. And then we played against each other when I was on the Redskins and I think he was a rookie on the Titans, and we got the win there. But it's pretty cool knowing, you know, I'll get to share the field again with him this week under circumstance is of you know, having this podcast together, being in other businesses together, just just I mean, he's like family, So it's, uh, it's gonna be pretty special. It's gonna be cool. Ship. But again, without further ado le Bonte David episode Busting with the Boys. Uh, drop the fucking hook block. Yes, hey, I'm telling you even when you move away like I don't want your low tone voice because you're your bottom lip really gets in the way of a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Talking to Mike every time just for you.
Speaker 1: Your your bottom lip gets in the way of a lot of stuff. And I really don't want to be pissed off on this pod because I'm excited that you're here.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I love it, bro I love it.
Speaker 1: You boys got a pod man.
Speaker 2: It's blowing up to.
Speaker 1: Adapting provides overcome, man, you know what I mean. Not playing ball right now? Send it home? Chilling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you good at this though you talk too much.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is perfect. Okay, all right, this is my pot, guys, not yours. I take shots. But yeah, dude, that's how you guys were flying into town and I was like, yo, I gotta get Boogie on. Hey, I'm going to refer to Lavonte David as Boogie because that's that's what we call him. You know, I named my dog, that first pit bull after you. Boogie. Yeah, Boogie? How is Boogie Boogie? He's alive. I believe that was you know, I had to give him up, you know, my last year. Yeah, yeah, don't bring that up. That last breakup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to give up Boogie. Yeah, but that was a great nickname for me though. I like that name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're a dog on the field, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, on the field back in your college days is what we're kind of referring to. Uh, we won't get into all that. I came a lot more prepared than this single. Let me let me get my notes out there on my phone. I got your water to talk about.
Speaker 3: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I got it for you just in case I found out my truck. I'd already I found out my truck. We got notes, Yeah, I got notes. We gotta we got to stay on something, you know what I mean. We gotta have some type of layout. Dude, Have you been seeing this assimilate stuff going? Is that? Is that how you say his name? Yes, Assimi Calichio assimilate from the Jets.
Speaker 2: I believe that's how you say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds solid. We'll go with that. Have you been seeing what's going on with that?
Speaker 2: I have seen it, but I didn't pay attention to it as much. But from what I've seen, it's a crazy deal.
Speaker 1: It's what is it? He was a starter, right, he was one of their starters. Yes, and he's saying that he injured his shoulder, and they, the team, the Jets, said it's not terrible. You don't need surgery. We can get you back out there and you can play on it. And he was saying, no, I can't. My shoulders, my shoulders bad, my shoulders messed up. I do need surgery, and like, we're not gonna pay for your surgery exactly, and he did you see what came out today?
Speaker 3: I did not see.
Speaker 1: By the time this comes out, I mean it'll be you know, it'll be past tense. But what came out today is he got surgery, right, he got surgery, and it was way more extensive. It was way worse in the operation than what was previously said. So to his point, he was saying it was bad. I need surgery, and the team was saying, no, yeah, you're good, it's not that bad. They went in and operated on it, and it came out like it came out to be worse than what it was. So now I think they're taking like legal action, like sue the Jets. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: They cut him? How they cut Yeah? Yeah, so they cut him. They cut Collechi or similar. Yes, they cut him, and I think now they're going to take like legal action on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's that's terrible.
Speaker 1: Do you see you see stuff like this going Since you've been at Tampa, this the first time I ever seen something like that. So even on Tampa, you've never seen a situation where a guy's like, I think I'm hurt worse than I am, and the team's like, no, it's not it's.
Speaker 2: Not as bad as what you haven't. I haven't because I've been wrong guys who's more professional I mean against professional, and they go get it second opinion to really make sure if that's the situation.
Speaker 1: But that's what they're saying. Assimilarly, they're saying that he the second opinion. When they got it, they were arguing saying it still wasn't that bad. They weren't gonna pay for the surgery.
Speaker 2: Oh nah, I've never seen nothing like that. You always go with the second opinion in I never seen.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because at the end of the day, the trainers have the trainers have the best in mind for the athlete, but at the same time, with the logo behind.
Speaker 2: Them, exactly what the organization.
Speaker 1: They're loyal to the organization, right, And what you see a lot of the times is like sometimes I've had injuries and I don't want to disclose them to the team, but I'll get my second opinion. I'll consult with my doctors away from the facility or all. Bet hey, I'm feeling this, I'll get on the phone with him and I'll try to talk to him my second opinion before I want to tell the team, because you don't know.
Speaker 2: What the team might do with your right, right, right, I mean, I guess it's depending on organization. Man. Honestly, it's like, who are you dealing with? You know, the people are good genuing people. They should be real with you, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever went through any of that where you got to lean on your second opinion more than the team.
Speaker 2: I actually went through that and then it came out the same thing what they said and what my second opinion said.
Speaker 1: So I went with that, right right. That was the same with me on the Saints. They kind of diagnosed my low sprained ankle and then you get your second opinion and they said the same thing. But you've had I've seen situations where so like we're vets. Now, right, and you're in training camp and you see these young guys and fifty three make the roster out of ninety. You have ninety guys on a team going into camp. They could have done the fifty three at the end of camp, at the end of training camp, at the end of preseason. And so I like to say the guys from fifty three to ninety, that's just how we will refer to them as guys that are in that fifty three to ninety that are probably gonna get cut. Yeah, right, and say they get injured in preseason and you know, God, God bless them, dude. Like everybody's brainwashed. They want to make the NFL. It's their dream. When I was on when I was a rookie and I heard my hamstring, I didn't want to tell anybody anything, you know what I mean, Like it was emotional. I wanted I didn't want the team to know. I kind of told the side a side trainer that I felt like it was my Mark Myery, like an intern or an assistant, and I'm like kind of telling him and I'm like, hey, just basically duct tape it. Just in a nutshell. Obviously there's a lot more into it than duct taping it. But yeah, do it to where I can play. And that's how guys are because their dream is to make the NFL. And I tell those guys, if they get injured and they think it's bad enough to get surgery, don't get don't put your ass on the field and put your ask at risk. You can't put your ass at risk. You can't because say if you have like, let's just say the assimilar and I'm not saying this is what happened, but let's just say you have a situation like him. You tear your shoulder, you feel like you have something wrong mechanically, and the minute that the team might know on your MRI that you have a tear in your labor. But a tear is also it can be a strain or a sprain. It's basically tearing of your ligament. If you look it up, that's what a definition of a sprain or a strain, whatever it is. If you have if they know you have a tear, right, but they might just tell you, hey, you just sprained your shoulder, right, and in your mind you're like, oh, you know, I'm not a bitch. I'm not a pussy. I'm gonna do what I can, you know, because that's the game we play. I'm gonna go out there on the field. The minute you step on the field, if you're part of that fifty three to ninety and you're not in those future plans and they know that, they're probably gonna cut you. Yeah, and you don't play. The minute you step out there and practice, they can cut you. That's how Adam Hayward got done. Yeah, I mean he got his knee cleared. Was trying to get ready to go for training camp. He's going in New Year ten. My boy shot out here. Your boy too. Once he got cleared, within ten minutes, they sent him up to the front up. They're like, hey, go up, says they want to talk to you. Turn in your iPad. They cut him right before training camp, right before it started, dude, and his knee wasn't even fully healthy, and you know it probably should have been. We talked when we were training. In my mind it was like, your knee probably should be farther along than what it is. But if you tell them you're fine and make clear you and you sign something, the men you step out there, they can cut you. So I would tell guys, young guys, hey, listen, man, don't be a hero. Being honorable as fucking that's awesome. You should be honre If you feel like going out the honorable way, that's great. But it's not gonna get it's not gonna get you paid, it's not gonna get you any money. You're gonna get cut.
Speaker 2: They don't care about that.
Speaker 1: They don't care about you, dude. And I tell guys, I'm like, if you feel like you need surgery, listen, don't be a fucking hero. Get a second opinion. And if that second opinion says you need surgery, lean on that opinion.
Speaker 2: You don't want to risk it to mess it up even worse and obviously rich your chances of playing football a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like, if you're like undrafted, that might be the only chance you have to make any kind of money from the NFL.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: So if you say you go out the honorable way, you get cut, you never get called again, you never see a dime. Your injury is worse than what it is, and nobody paid for your surgery. You're gonna have to pay for it on your own because you don't have the insurance with the NFL until you make the team versus if you do need to take care of it, and you know, guys might think you might be softer or pussy from it, but in your mind, you're like, I need to get this done because guys battle with that. You know, I'm worried about Hey, what's Levante think of me? If I go down this road and get surgery and we know I might be able to play on it. But if they pay for your surgery, you go on IR You get a split in your contract. So if you're a rookie, you go from like four hundred and fifty thousand dollars, like two seventy or two eighty three hundred whatever you make that you get a credited season, you get in a crude season towards your benefits.
Speaker 3: You get to come back healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get to put it into your four to one K. You get to come back healthy, You get to be in a OTA's the next year, and you're not sitting at.
Speaker 2: Home cut exactly.
Speaker 1: It's a slippery situation, dude.
Speaker 2: This is very slippery. Man's risky. At the same time, you gotta be smart about it.
Speaker 1: I've had one of my boys. I won't say any names. But he was about to get surgery because he argued that he was injured and needed surgery. The team was trying to say, won't say which team either. The team was trying to say, uh, we're not paying for the surgery, kind of like the assimilate deal, like this isn't our injury. You got it from somewhere else. But he, you know, he got it to where he injured it in practice and he got a second opinion. Knew he was gonna get cut, right, So it's like, yo, if I'm gonna get cut, I'm gonna make sure I cross every t and dot every eye and get every second opinion. I can eat a surgery. The GM or the owner, somebody calls him right before he's they were gonna pay for the surgery. They still didn't want to called him when he was going into surgery, and it was trying to talk him out of it, still saying we're not gonna pay for it. Obviously, they ended up taking care of it, putting him on I R. The team was still trying to yes, yes, yeah a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he knew he knew a game already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a vet. He's a vet. And then obviously all the guys kind of in the circle talk to like, at the end of the day, man, you got it, you gotta look out for yourself. Like it's there's some politics that goes into it, right, this is crazy game. But and I get it too from the trainer's side, just the logo side, because they're a functioning business. At the end of the day, it's all a business in their mind. The trainer has got pressure that we have to get these guys out on the field. And then Levonte, like, let's say you're a guy that's not gonna make the team, right, You're gonna go up and say, hey, how's Levante like, can we can't? You know? Owner might say can we cut him yet? Yeah, And the trainer's like no, you know, he's got this shoulder injury. The trainer might know in his mind it's worse than what it is. Yeah, and then it's like, well, how can we Like, it's your job to make sure he gets better. They feel pressure to make sure you're better, so they go, yeah.
Speaker 2: They got to report to those guys upstairs every.
Speaker 1: Day every day and they go down to you, Levonte, how's a feeling you're trying to play the game, saying, ah, you know it's not fully there yet. They're kind of like, come on, man, you know you just got a strain because they're stressed in their mind. I got a job on the line too. And then if you ought to not play, he's got to somehow walk upstairs and say, yeah, you know Leavonte's saying, you know, this is still wrong with him, and like it's not that fucking bad. Like make sure, like make sure he's saying it's not that bad, or make sure you know, have him like do your fucking job, you know what I mean, Because they don't know, the owner doesn't know.
Speaker 3: And injury don't know what type of injury.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. And then if you start doing like say stay as your shoulder and push ups, like that's a stupid kind of thing to measure. But like let's say you're doing rehab and you're like, oh, it's getting better. They know they have something to go up there. Hey, he says it's getting better, he's progressing this that the other. We should be able to be cleared by the end of the week. Then if you're clear by the week, they can let you go. But it's a business man. I apologize for getting off topic. That's like, that's a hot take. These days, dude, people are getting more and more in the know of injuries.
Speaker 2: Especially older guys.
Speaker 1: Also older guys and guys ourselves. I think they're getting smarter and more aware of what their value is, what they're worth, and they guys are starting to understand the game a little bit more. Not that it's a game to beat them or them versus us, but at the end of the day, you got to take care of your own You got to.
Speaker 3: Take care of yourself. Man, this is life after football.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you want to be able to, yeah, walk them on with all your limbs and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I apologize for getting off topic.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Some of that stuff's interesting. I know I've had my own stories, and once I'm fully retired, like I'll be able to get more and more juicy stuff. Right, But listen, welcome to the Busting with the Boys. That's not the intro, but welcome to Busting with the Boys. We're gonna start back in the beginning. Dude, you went to Miami Northwestern Bulls. You were on a team that was how many guys went D one nine on that squad because that was my year.
Speaker 2: You were my eight or nine, eight or nine one of them and they all went to the universe of Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah except you. You were trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't trash in high school.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I know, you're the man now and more. It's like, will you're trash?
Speaker 3: I wasn't trashed in high school.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: What was What was the deal?
Speaker 3: Then my grades of trash?
Speaker 1: Well, then you're trash because how you fail fucking high school is beyond me.
Speaker 2: It was a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have to legit put in effort to fail high school, dude, like you have to not show up. And if you're you're at Miami Northwestern. So coaches are definitely trying to cheat for you guys. Not really, you know they're trying to cheat. Well, we will talk about that in a minute. No, they're trying to cheat for you guys, Like you have to give so much effort to fail high school. You pass college. That's harder in high school. Okay, if you're trash in high school, like you're just you're just not trying. You just absolutely don't give a say.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my story is first of all. When I got to high school, I hung around a lot of older people, so I was kind of easily influenced not to go to class.
Speaker 3: So not good older people, I guess you could say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, some of those guys are still my friends right now to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah another you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, so but you know that's all on me though, I mean, I don't regret it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw I watched the documentary from Miami Northwestern Rage the Raging Bull. You're the Bull, my bad, not Raging Bull?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry? Who is the d N in that movie? To in Charles, he's he didn't really pan out or nothing.
Speaker 2: No, really, he went to University of Florida. Issue happened there, and I don't know where he's at.
Speaker 1: Now, probably.
Speaker 2: He's That was.
Speaker 1: Line. Uh, that was just a joke for everybody fucking listening. It's a joke. God, we tell jokes on this pod.
Speaker 2: It's a joke.
Speaker 1: But you're the bull. I would see at halftime those coaches were you coached by them?
Speaker 3: No, well, the head coach was my coach one year.
Speaker 1: Those coaches had these kids in the shower at halftime. Yeah, fucking beating these dudes in the head. I'm talking slapping them, cussing them out for like losing or being behind in the game.
Speaker 3: Behind.
Speaker 1: Did that type of stuff go on when you were there, be honest, let him fly, you need a bone and bed.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like that. But the coaches, those type of coature was going by then. But honestly, bro, we were so good. It wasn't yeah because y'all were national. Yeah, we were so good. It never got to that point. We was never down like it was called the forty boys. It was always forty something to nothing every game played.
Speaker 1: Damn that's nice. Yeah. And then so you get recruited obviously, Yeah, you know a little slip up. I guess with your grades. You go to Fort Scott for what Scott Community College? What's the difference between going to a juco and playing you had the skis, you had you Yoshi, Hardrick, Brandon, Kenny, JP, JPP, Jason Pierre Paul, All you guys are on a squad. Y'all beat y'all beat Cam Newton's team. No, we lost in the Natty, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was a plane at Fort Scott like compared Like, what's the Juico life like compared to uh Division one, Division two like all these other higher high end athletics in college.
Speaker 3: Juco life is basically still a high school kid.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't know, really, I really don't know how to say it.
Speaker 1: But it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was rough. It's grimy, grimy, bro it's rough as a grimmy business man. And uh, tell your story when I first got there. Okay, so I got there, I got I got there late, right, yeah, so you got the Fort Scott late. I got Fort Scott Lake so and going into camp grades. No, I just didn't know where I was going yet, so I got there late. So everybody already did their condition and everything. So everybody's in perfect shape, perfect shit, great shape. I wasn't in shape because I didn't know what I was doing. And I got a call from Eddie Brown. Antonio Brown's dad called me, said he wanted me to come up. So I was like, hey, forget it, I come up. I'll give it a try. So I went up.
Speaker 1: What did Eddie Brown do?
Speaker 3: He was a running backs coach and he was coaching up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Fort Scott.
Speaker 2: So he gave me a call, went there. We got there doing the conditioning test, the fucking conditioning test. It was four two twenties sixteen I had four two twenties, four to two twenties.
Speaker 3: Was it four to eight?
Speaker 2: It was eight two twenties, one of them four eight to two hundred twenty yards basically.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you run like across the field and back.
Speaker 2: It was like a big curve you're running around.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was ridiculous, bro, it was ridiculous. But yeah, it was four two twenties, sixteen one tens, sixteen fucking one ten, sixteen tens, and like twenty something forties, twenty something forties, bro, twenty something forty, the sixties.
Speaker 1: Are y'all resting? Like I'm saying, I'm saying, is it like you know how we did quarters? Did you have rest in between?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's rest. I mean it's rest between each uh exercise.
Speaker 2: So like you get doe the one two twenties, you gotta rest, and then you do the six one uh one tens, gotta rest, and then you do the sixties. So I get to like the third two twenty, I'm fucking crawling on the ground.
Speaker 1: In the first set, in the first set, trawling on the ground.
Speaker 3: I'm crawling on the ground.
Speaker 2: I'm getting cursed out, bad, bad, I'm getting called all type of.
Speaker 1: Bees, soft bees, go ahead, a bitch, called a bit, yes.
Speaker 2: Bitch soft. You're from Miami. Everybody from Miami saw debatable.
Speaker 1: It is debatable.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding everybody from Miami soft y'all, y'all don't know, y'all know how to work? Then oh man, getting killed getting killed.
Speaker 3: I'm crying, bro. I never got talked to like that in my life.
Speaker 1: Now, would you say, Fort Scott, what's that? What's that series on Netflix with the with the Juco.
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: What is that called? Nick? Look up Juco Juco? Netflix? Serious?
Speaker 3: What it's called?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Because I just uh, Last Chance You, Last Chance You?
Speaker 2: Is it like that?
Speaker 1: Is it like that at Fort Scott? Yes? Really, I think it was worth Okay, give me a story from your head coach degrading one of the guys, you know, because you know in uh Last Chance You, the guy said I'm your hitler. Now told it to like a Jewish kid, right, didn't he bloss Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think he said like yeah, he never said anything like that, but he did say I'm a bitch and his daughter, his four year old daughter could.
Speaker 3: Beat me in this condition test while you're crawling crawling. Yes, bro, it was bad.
Speaker 2: It was bad. Bro.
Speaker 3: They never got talked to like that in my life. So I'm pissed off. I'm pissed.
Speaker 2: I get up, I walk away like I'm done. I'm not doing this ship no more. I'm done quitting.
Speaker 1: Is there is there organization in Juco? Like there is that like when you played in Nebraska? Or is it kind of like high school where you don't get done practice you go into a shitty locker room.
Speaker 3: Yes, citty locker.
Speaker 2: Room is terrible, going to dorms. Dorms is terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The food was not good. It was It was bad, Bro, it was bad.
Speaker 1: You'all have like meetings and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had meetings, but meetings in classrooms and things like that, like with desk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a life.
Speaker 3: But it really prepared me mentally.
Speaker 2: I think I when I feel like when you figured out, like, that's when I figured I was really mentally tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going through that, and then you go to Nebraska, go to Nebraska? What made you choose Nebraska?
Speaker 2: But I choose Nebraska because I wanted to stay away from home. I didn't want to come back home. Why didn't you want to come back home. I kind of felt comfortable being away from home, making the name for myself being away from home. Okay, so being in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Why why do you feel like if you were going to be at home that would that would hurt you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just at that point in my life, I just didn't want no distractions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had an opportunity to go.
Speaker 1: To South Florida, right because close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had the opportunity to go to South Florida. Talked to my parents, I told him I wanted to go to South Florida actually, but it was like, nah, we don't think that's a good opportunity for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously because of South Florida.
Speaker 2: At the time, they were good, but they weren't on a big stage yet, you know what I mean. And then they felt like Nebraska was a better opportunity because I mean, definitely, yeah, you know, better opportunity.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys just beat lost in Texas.
Speaker 2: I mean around that time he had that one second game, lost a big and Sue was a big name. Yeah, he was all over.
Speaker 1: Will Compton was a huge fucking household name.
Speaker 2: Not just yet, but yeah, yeah, you got. They had a great defense. You know, Bo and Carl came to my parents house. I wasn't there, but when they when I got there, they met with him or whatever. They told me they were so excited, you know, they wanted me to go there. So that's why I decided to go to Nebraska. And then obviously, you know, I knew people there would be K and then Yoshi.
Speaker 1: We just didn't get j p P.
Speaker 3: Just didn't get j p P.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a little squad y'all brought over man Me.
Speaker 3: And JPP was the opposite. I wanted to go away, but he wanted to come back.
Speaker 1: He went to close to home. Yeah, Yo, what did what did what did fucking what did coach JP and coach both say that they say, Yo, you'll probably play? They did they mother?
Speaker 3: They said you have an opportunity to play when you come here.
Speaker 1: Well it's not that shouldn't have been true because fucking I was the starter at the time. So that's why I asked that question, like, Yo, what did they tell you behind closed doors? You know you'll come play?
Speaker 2: When I got When I got there, uh, we was in a meeting room.
Speaker 3: We're going over plays and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that, and like some of like the stuff that he was like that I was getting with some of the stuff that you guys was running.
Speaker 3: So he was fucking ecstatic.
Speaker 2: Was happy and I'm telling like the terminology and everything. He's happy, you know.
Speaker 3: He said, hell, no, I got to take you to bowl. So we went in the boat and he threw up a defense and I got it all right with fits and everything, and.
Speaker 2: Like that's when I got offered all nice and it was like, you got a chance to play here, and then we really want you here. So I said, okay, I consider it. I mean I didn't know about Nebraska. Yeah, so you know, I said, I consider it. Then that's the time went on.
Speaker 1: Using all American too, because when you were coming, I was nervously full transparency because you you're a juke. You're a juco guy. Was I was like a sophomore talking before Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, we did talk sort of. I was sort of fake, like I was just massaging. I was ready to find my sneak dude. I was gonna out this dude and be the starter. I was crazy, Yoshi, because they came before you Yoshi was b Cander too. Yeah, they would talk. They would hype you up big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was fired up there, fired up for you to come to and you're gonna love him. Yeah, help him out, like y'all help this motherfucker out there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what was it like? What was it like coming to Nebraska and at first, because we'll get into what happened at first being behind me and Fish because you were I was.
Speaker 2: I was. I remember this picture was in camp. It's like, you know how Egg had the lines. We had to be behind opposition, and I was like the fourth guy line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it was we had we had the first two teams on the main field, and Levante was in the third group and third the threes and fours they went on another field.
Speaker 2: I remember the first day, first day, I hated it.
Speaker 1: You balled though practice.
Speaker 2: I was like fucking I was just going balls out.
Speaker 3: And then the next day I was on the first field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was on the first field, and so I was, what were you a junior? So we were sophomores and we were it was I was a starter maybe Fish, it was you.
Speaker 3: It was me and Fish and Fish was a starting dime though Fish.
Speaker 1: Was the starting dime. So it's me and Sean Fisher, and then behind that was you and Zoe and Lavonte and Zoe, and then in dime it went Sewn Fisher nerd you know, academical american shot out Shan Fisher. It was Sean Fisher, me and Levante. Yeah, and I was salty that Fish was the starter, and you were probably salty that we're ahead of you. So in training camp, Sean Fisher, Niles Paul shout out Niles.
Speaker 3: I ended up started getting the first team base because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when there's three backers, yeah, yeah, when there's three back yeah. But Niles Paul cracks Dejon Gomes in practice into Sean Fisher. It was one of those days where offensive defense is battling its training camp. You're knocking each other out, you hate each other. Yeah, Niles knocks Dijon Games into Sean Fisher's leg, breaks his fucking leg. Bad deal. So then now it's the Levante and I starting, and I'm the starting dinebacker, and I'm like, okay, it's the boys time to shine.
Speaker 3: I was nervous because it happened so fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happened fast as fast.
Speaker 3: It was just climbing two weeks out.
Speaker 1: Of the first game, and it's me and Boogie, and Boogie and I are studying together and stuff, and you know, I'm helping him out and uh, he's fucking bawling. He's a levanteers an also player, you know, from day one, and uh. And then the next week, the week going into the game, opening week, game going into game week, dude. Yeah, it was a Thursday practice. Helmets only.
Speaker 3: Physically, helmets, nothing thing.
Speaker 1: Physical, Dude. I had a I had ran on a wheel wear out with Rex burkehead like a few days before. Yeah, and I kind of hurt my foot a little bit, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, he kept saying, man, my foot is bothering me.
Speaker 2: My foot is bothered.
Speaker 3: I'm like, don't start that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, don't Yeah. And I was like, hey, Mark, like Mark Meyer trainer. I was like, hey, can we get an X ray for shits and gigs? Like I was like, you know, you're thinking, you're like you're I'm thinking in my head like I'm not a pussy, Like I'll be fine, don't start that. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, we're not a bitch, dude. Yeah, I'm like Mark, let's get X rays. For shits and gigs. X ray came back clear that Thursday with the Helmets practice practice, I take off on a stick route and my foot blows out. I break my fifth metatarsal. Just it feels like somebody took a shotgun, stood over it and just fucking took a buckshot dude, over and over into my foot. I start limping, like I just have a sprained ankle, crazy spatted. I'm like, JP's like, hey, you comp, You're gonna be good. I was like, this fucking hurts, dude, and then I try to like walk back out there. I'm like, nah, this ain't happening. Like, let's go get an x rays X like, Yo, are you fucking serious right now? And our linebacker coach and I'm like I'm sorry, man, like, let's just go get it looked at it. I should be fine for Saturday. This is Thursday, obviously, not as I'm walking to get it x rayed, I started to be like, yo, I can't even fucking walk anymore, dude. Find out I break my foot. Lavonte goes from third Lavonte goes from being on the third and four string field to being the starter game opener versus I don't know Western Kentucky and one of the days of my life. Yeah, Lavonte goes from like least a fucking starter, dude, And I remember at Bow everyone is nervous as ship. Because we lost Nervous. We lost Fish as a starter. We lost our starters, Me and Fish. We lost the starting dime which was Fish, and the backup dime, which is me. At the time, I was gonna be the starter. And now Levante, fresh from fucking Juco bullshit.
Speaker 2: The communicator who got every boike lined up, this guy you lost him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell Levante, hey, you got this on this place.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I wasn't saying ship, so I was just laying him doing all the talking.
Speaker 1: And then you get hurt and Levante, I'm I'm in a wheelchair, sucking up in the press box, taking notes for the backers and like communicating. Still yeah, uh, look, you have thirteen tackles and balls. Dude didn't even fucking mean to but he's just balling.
Speaker 2: Just went we was talking about on the way here, playing fast. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing, so I was just going, dude.
Speaker 1: And then the legend of Lavonte David gross I come back I think it was like come back from a broken foot, like week eight and my job, hey at the I believe yeah, kasit er Oklahoma State.
Speaker 3: I think it's Oklahoma Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my job is not there anymore. No one tells no one says, hey, will uh, your job was taken over. Nobody tells you that stuff. Dude. In football man, Levante's bawling, and the rest is history. My man goes on becomes like top what your top? Whatding tackles in Nebraska history War top five? Okay, I was gonna say top ten, but I guess you know, for sure, stud, I don't know Levante balls the legend of Levonte David because you know, I wanted. I gave up, I faked an injury my foot and allowed him to be what he is today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's a part of me that feels like I am responsible part of his greatness. Yeah, part of this greatness man, right right right.
Speaker 2: Right, Like I said, one of the worst best days of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it was. It was awesome. Then we've obviously became boys. Uh you miss me, I do miss you.
Speaker 2: Bro I do.
Speaker 3: We had fun on the field, Yeah, we had a lot of fun off the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we did, and we all headed. We keep telling the stories up the podcast.
Speaker 2: You can't keep that on.
Speaker 1: My favorite play, Levante, that's a big one. What's your favorite play in Nebraska? Your favorite play that you ever had?
Speaker 2: My favorite player in Nebraska, man, my favorite player in Nebraska. Yeah, I would say the Ohio State.
Speaker 1: Really, so we were down what twenty seven nothing? Really, we were down twenty seven nothing. Everybody's leaving here. It is right here, twenty seven nothing third and five because I was injured. Display remember that was out. Hey, you'll come get the fun back. Yeah, play damn oh that was it. Twenty seven to nothing, third quarter, eight minutes left, third and five. Who was at Braxon Miller Baller, We're getting our ass, We're getting our ass. Fucking pounded dude and shout hey, Vrabel's on the sideline here, so shut out Vrabel because we had the greatest comeback in school history that night. Levonte Braxton breaks the shit out of Sean Fisher's shut out fish and Levonte tackles this dude and fucking rips the ball out and takes it himself. Now, my favorite play, I was on the sideline is play getting checked for like concussions. You probably had one, but I was. I came back, the boy came back ready to go cete all ct he was bitching this now, I had over ten tackles, So don't disrespect me.
Speaker 2: Like respect.
Speaker 1: But my favorite play because I remember seeing it, this one. I was kind of out of it, so I didn't know what happened. I was just hype. We came back in Beatlehouse State down twenty seven, greatest come back school history win, like thirty four to seven. Yeah, thirty four straight points? But would you say straight points? You know how say it? Though? Say it in the mic? Thirty four straight points, straight straight points? There you go straight. You know there's there's one video out there, Blossos shoot it to you. I did a voice memo back. I've been posting throwback. I've been posting those throwback Thursday videos of Nebraska in the locker room. Yea that it's funny. Yeah, But I would mess with Levante because he says like straight like then Miami boys, man, they're like straight scretch And I'm like, yo, what do you say You're saying stretch or scretch? Yeah? Yeah, And I came into the locker room after practice because we were stretching buddies. Yeah, normal, and uh, Levante came in and I was like, I brought my phone over and I started recording. I was like, all right, Levante, say say stretch. He's like scratch and we just start dying laughing and maybe you had to be there because Boss isn't laughing very hard.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But my favorite play Iowa. We played Iowa. We're playing Iowa and they come out. I believe they're in empty. But this guy runs I think another stick rout stick route and bodies the tight end, bodies into Levante right and pushes off Yeah, pushes off on. Levante pushes his little bitch ass down. Dude pushes his ass down. Lavante throws his hands his hands up. Levante has time to fall down, throw his hands up to the ref, realize the ref doesn't call it. It's his slow, big white tight end and uh Leavante gets up and chases this dude down after falling, throwing his hands up, no flag, gets up, runs him down and I'm watching from the other side of the field. Lavante strips and reaches around and strips and rakes it out and takes the ball from him and just sprints to the sideline like, yeah, yeah, look at me, look at me. Yo. That was well, I know because it was a push off.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, hell nah did they have it?
Speaker 1: Could you find it? Nick?
Speaker 2: It's probably Yeah, we definitely couldn't do this job.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm doing the.
Speaker 2: Highlight another play too that stands out once we get to this after this, Yo, this is just.
Speaker 1: This is just the Levante podcast fucking tribute dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, man, I mean I ain't seen a longe time.
Speaker 1: No, I know, we all catching up. It's like we're still It's like we're sitting on the back deck having some seltzers, having some seltzers, some bone and beab having a stogy and just telling old stories.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had some.
Speaker 2: Good times from Great Nebraska Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah we would. Uh. I take those videos after the Bowl game of you packing Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, Hey Bookie you uh this is it man, you got any thing to say? Don't do this, man, don't do.
Speaker 3: Another the Penn State game.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's me and you. Yeah. I can't take too much credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, shoot you you cleared it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a cross dog blitz, so you send your two inside backers. I think it was either at the center of the guard and I'm first, so I'm like the guy who gives it up, who lays his laugh on the line for the guy behind him to make the play. It's like it's fourth down, right, Yeah, that's another memorable play. It's like fourth and one and I like, shoot, I like, you know, hit the center of the guard, whatever kind of freeze Levante up and it's just you and uh Silas Red. Yeah. Yeah, stunned him, dude, and we beat them. We come back and beat them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we beat them.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, there was or we made it stand. I don't know, but that was a memorable play too. So fast forward. I got all these highlights up here. So now you're uh, you're in the league. Second round pick. Who I made backers were in front of you, like nine backers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, uh my backer class was one of the best class.
Speaker 1: You went early in the second round.
Speaker 2: I went mad. It was a Luke Dante hot tower.
Speaker 1: Bobby Zach I'm not being disrespectfully that, I'm just trying to look stuff up. Keep talking, Bobby Wagner, Zach Brown, Bobby Wagner's in that class too, oh Man, Bobby Man roommate Zach Brown, Yeah, Zach Man. Zach trained to get it coming out. He was right in front of you, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Kendricks, now you Bradham, we had a bunch of guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fucking class right there.
Speaker 3: Sa Man still balling to this day too.
Speaker 1: Yoh, Honestly, we've been having a lot of fun. But be be be serious. How much does it piss you off that you haven't outright made a Pro Bowl. It pissed me off, be honest, It pisses me off. Before before I got alternate, I was no disrespect. He's an alternate, and uh, whoever was ahead of him was playing in the Super Bowl, right, Yeah, so you got to go d Thomas Davis stud salute him, but outright making the Pro Bowl. Dude, you've had you've had this is year what eight year? Eight? So you've had I'm looking right now, you've had You've had seven seasons. Yeah, six of them. You've had over one hundred tackles. Yeah, five of them. You've had over one hundred and twenty tackles.
Speaker 3: I should have made a Pro Bowl. At least four, legit four.
Speaker 1: But you're not out there like that, dude. That's your fucking problem. You don't have. You don't have like you know, you don't have like a personality like this. You don't got a podcast. You you don't tell jokes and act stupid on social media like your boy.
Speaker 2: Everybody think.
Speaker 1: I'm mean, you need to let me run your social account and we will bring you, will take you. You'll be a pro bowler every year from here on out.
Speaker 2: No, man, you might get out of him.
Speaker 1: Not to toot my own horn, but just like I'm saying, just to put you out there in front of more eyes, dude, you get out of hand.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: I do know I try to see too much I take. I try to see humor and way too much stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Jay Mitch the one who told me about that. Man, Jay Mitch got on me about that about it.
Speaker 1: I need to post more you do because that unfortunately some of it is a popularity contest. Yeah, and you're just not out there like that right here. Bring bring up bring up his stats, please? What are you? I know you know this because obviously all of us have a little bit of like self absorption to us what you're you're one of the You're in a crew of players that have like a certain amount of interceptions and fumbles or tackles or something in like a time span, Like what is that?
Speaker 3: Think is uh in history of linebackers?
Speaker 1: I think it's only three guys, and I'm one of the three, one of three of what what's a static is like.
Speaker 2: Having over a certain amount of tackles, a certain amount of interceptions, and a certain amount of sacks in a matter of games.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, probably games or seas of them. Did you know you're in the top twenty five all time in the NFL history for tackles for loss already? Really you're You're twenty fifth since the stat has been kept, But I think I think guys have went back since then. Maybe I don't know, but it's on one of those.
Speaker 3: Like what is that?
Speaker 1: I apologize shit going on outside the bus, But you're tied actually with Sue right now with one hundred and eight tackles for loss all time. Wow, and you're I'm talking guys that are retired, you're still currently playing. You're at like one hundred and eight. And I remember it was like the year one of the years you should have went it was you and JJ Watt were tied for most tackles for loss since the stat has been kept now, was in like two thousand, you know, one of those big years he didn't.
Speaker 3: Make the Pro Bowl, Probably talking about thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably thirteen, because I mean from thirteen all the way up to probably like you have one.
Speaker 1: Year, we had like eighty something total tackles year, But like, uh, who what's made you the most mad? Tell me the tell me tell me the one year you've actually been the most mad, And you're like I should have been.
Speaker 2: In over one year I was the most mad? Was maybe last year? Probably last year, or I mean it didn't really matter to me in thirteen because I may all pro with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all pro is a big deal, a pro probably uh, probably last year.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I really was supposed to make it.
Speaker 2: Who do you think I should have got in over this person? I'm not. I'm not for the blast I tried. I'm not, but I had like one hundred and twenty tackles. This person had like forty something tackles.
Speaker 1: Bro forty something total tackles. Yes, we can find that. We just show it on the YouTube, Like, just glance it on the YouTube real quick.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, bro. But well, what sucks is too, is I respect that person that as a player, you know, and as a person too. Yeah I met him before. But yeah, same time, you know, it's kind of not fair, I know, because.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's like, Yo, why is this more popularity contest compared to who's actually really fucking balling?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, what sucks for you is you're considered an outside backer. Yeah, and you're a four to three outside backer and an undersized one. And that's not that's not like saying anything negative, but you're a smaller, undersized packer outside backers. So you're in the class with you know, like von Miller, Khalil, Mack, David, You're you're in with those guys who are considered outside backers even though they're.
Speaker 2: Pass rushers rush.
Speaker 1: I think they need to they need to do something to where it's like pass rushers and just you know, Mike's Mike and Wills and four threes should be just considered inside backers siders.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, but now I'm considered inside backer.
Speaker 1: So since you're in a three four yeah, yeah, How do you like playing for coach Arians?
Speaker 2: I love it? Man, He's a great dude. Man, he's one of those when you want to coach, you want to coach that's straight for a straight shooter. He's a straight shooter.
Speaker 3: Straight, straight shooter.
Speaker 1: He's a great fucking shooter, a great shooter.
Speaker 2: And I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Is that that's that different from the coaches you've had in the past. What head coaches is for you on the Bucks four because y'all been trash, that's you know, it just is what it is. I've been on some shitty teams too.
Speaker 2: Fore head coaches will How does.
Speaker 1: Coach Arians compare to the ones in the past. Oh, man, because he's a great shooter.
Speaker 3: He don't shoot a coat. Uh, you don't try to hide things. He lets you know what it is.
Speaker 1: What is something different that he's brought to this organization this year compared to what since you've been in the wagon?
Speaker 2: Confidence?
Speaker 3: Man, swagging confidence.
Speaker 1: But give me an example. What does that look like? Give me an example. You're like, oh, fuck, I didn't know he was like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, whether it's a schedule change or there's something organizationally, or whether it's something team meaningwise, just give me something that's like, Yo, this fuck. I didn't even know this existed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah so I never we So you ever heard cattlepulls thet like they measure like the speed that you're going to practice with, how much run are you doing in practice? Yeah, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I never had the GPS stuff.
Speaker 2: The GPS stuff, I never had that. I never had that, and now we got them this year. So monitor a lot of.
Speaker 3: Guys and it keeps guys healthy.
Speaker 2: So we never had we haven't had like in the years past, we had a lot of you know, tough injuries with HAMD screens and guys going in and out or whatever. But now this year, because you have we have a whole staff the money to that stuff and the good nutrition staff and money that stuff, and like it's like this is probably one of the most healthiest, healthier years that I've been around. They keep really they take care of guys on the field.
Speaker 1: So this whole staff like this, this staff designated to the GPS. They basically monitor and collect data from practice and games and see how much how much you guys run, how fast you run from like ten miles an hour to fifteen or above fifteen, and how much you're jogging and walking.
Speaker 2: If you're getting too many reps, they're gonna back you down to eat you up, like, hey, you got to chill out.
Speaker 1: You're getting like you had this much in the game, you had this much volume in game, We're gonna tape you down.
Speaker 2: To practice exactly, damn for real. Wonderful, bro, he said.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, Bro, wonderful. In your injury rate, you feel like it's probably went down because of it.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm probably the healthiest I've been in a while, and.
Speaker 1: You think a lot of it is due to the stuff he kind of brought in.
Speaker 2: Ye, just the practice tempo, the way things again going, the way things are going, the way they take care of you off the field, the way they monitor stuff, everything, Bro, it's all collective thing with the coaches, the staff, everything.
Speaker 1: Everybody communicates.
Speaker 3: A lot of nobody communicates. Everything is structured. You go home a little earlier than on what I'm used to, so you get rest. So it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Bro. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Man, And they don't know a lot of people. They don't have the kind of that insight on like what the differences and coaches are head coaches and what teams get, what teams do do differently, I think it matters when you had to have a head coach that cares about healthy and staff that's designated to that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, they cater to you.
Speaker 1: Cater to you nice bro.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it's still on you to take care of yourself, no doubt, it's always up to the problem. Make sure you're taking care of yourself too, right.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I really liked at the Saints too. They had a they had and I liked. I liked it at the Skins and the Titans as well, but the Saints they seem to be on top of fucking everything right, and they're in your division, so your little rivalry. But I saw I understood why they're successful like they are earing and you're outright, because they have they have nutritionis and not just one, they have two. They have people, and they allow them to have a budget and do what they want to do, what they think is best. Not I gotta get it cleared. Not they the people ahead of them and trust them. Hey do what you gotta do, here's your budget, do whatever you gotta do, give them everything. Same with the training staff. Same with like they have a cryo room, not just a cryo tank. They have a crowd room, they have sleep room or float tank rooms, soundproof rooms, float tanks. Yes, you go into the soundproof room, touch it, sign up on the list. They have all of it. But they have a lot of ship that's pretty dope. It's pretty I know, the Redskins kind I got some of that.
Speaker 2: Wee have a room and a fertility and then we'll have a float tank and things like that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done flow tank? I've never done it, but I heard him try it. You should fucking try it, dope. Yes, float tanks are the real deal. It's got like hundreds or one thousand pounds of salt which helps with like your tissue, you know, ebbs and salt, magnesium saw or magnesium sulfate helps with your tissue, your skin, all that stuff for recovery. And you just the water is so shallow that you just float and hover because there's so much salt beneath you. It helps recover. You fall asleep. You're in there an hour. Yeah, you got to quiet your mind because you have none. You're not gonna be on your phone. You're trying to calm your mind and kind of meditate, fall asleep and just recover. You're trying to black you out, close out all your senses. It's dope.
Speaker 3: And somebody suggested it to me.
Speaker 1: What time are we at right now? Six six forty? Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Because we my dog here, he flew in. Uh, And I fucking love you for it. I knew I could count on you, but I was gonna try this new attempt on like teams that fly in if I'm still not playing, try to identify a player that flies in on away game, see if they come on the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so that's why I was like, Yo, when do you land, I'll try to be there right when you land, and then you know, try to take the watch.
Speaker 3: And I was proud of you for doing it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is something that fits you, bro.
Speaker 3: You think so Yeah, you talk much?
Speaker 1: Damn Hey, it's perfect. Hey, set him up, set him up, bring his ass back down, humble him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's perfect. No, it's fun, man, you know, we don't don't who knows it's gonna We have some talks in the works right now with some networks. Uh, who knows what's gonna happen, but we have a blast of him. Man, we're trying to get a mobile. As you see, it doesn't run, but once it gets mobile, envision. Like my idea is taking it coast to coast and like say next year if it's mobile, Yeah, I'm not doing ship yeah uh, just driving this thing to Tampa to Tampa and having you like if you guys have like a Thursday night game, bring the bus to Tampa and then getting you on the bus before the game the day before the game or some shit, dope bro, and kind of be more up to days. I don't know, we're dabbling with a bunch of You always had a.
Speaker 2: Good mind for things, man, even back in college. You just always throw these suggestions at you and stuff like that. You know you used to always talk to me about well I didn't play football always.
Speaker 1: It's a conversation there is needs to be had, right because you know it's gonna end. Yeah it is. You You've been fortunate, You're you're part of the true one percent of Like you have a second contract, you're probably going a third because your studs, you know, God willing, and you're healthy right. Uh, but guys don't sit down with themselves and think about it enough. I don't think you literally here's to put in a perspective. You spend How old are you? You're or my age? You're thirty in February January January my fault. Uh, I'm thirty years old. I didn't come into the league until twenty three. You have a career that on average last three and a half years, four years, four years, we'll say, four seasons.
Speaker 2: Four seasons.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna undrafted our At the time, I was an undrafted cat, so to me, I was thinking this could be done in a year. But the average career is four seasons, and you spend I started playing football in second grade, So how old is second grade? Eight years old? We'll say eight years old. I started playing I played football from eight to twenty three. A lot of fucking math boys. Fifteen years, right, fifteen years of my life. Pretty much all of my life. I have been convinced and dreamt of playing in the NFL and blueprinted on at a young age that I wanted to be the next Walter Payton. I wanted to be on TV and play and play in the NFL. You spend your whole life daydreaming and preparing to play a career they called a career in the NFL for four years done at twenty seven. You spent your whole fucking life playing football, only knowing football, and then at twenty seven, I'm thirty now, but say the averages all yeatta, say you're twenty seven, and then you're in the real world. Everything gets pulled out from underneath you and you're not a NFL player anymore. Yeah, your jokes are as funny, you're not as good looking, you're not as cool. Yeah, you're not of status anymore. People don't. It's not that it matters to be cared about like that. There's a part of you. Yes, you're self absorbed, absorbed, a little bit, absorbed, absorbed a little bit, and you have a little bit of a confidence and swagger about you since you're playing the league. But your ship doesn't stink anymore when you're out of the league, right, and you spend your entire fucking life to play, to try to play a career a dream for three four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny because I was talking about the same exact thing one of my teammates. It's talking about taking advantage of being in the league, right, using your resources, you know, like reaching out network with other people with big businesses and stuff like that, because once you're not in the league anymore, they're not going to care about you, probably not even gonna know who you are, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm to use the bus this bus example. Obviously I have Taylor, he's a pro bowler. People give shit all the time. But at the same time, from my stance, if this isn't started, if this has started a year or two later, it doesn't matter near as much. If I, say a year or two, like I probably I'm not gonna play much longer. It's just the reality of my circumstance. Not that I want to play until the wheels fall off. I want to walk away from the game on my own terms, right, And so if I were to start this a year or two out of the league, it doesn't hit the same whether or not, that's just the reality because I'm not you know what I mean, I'm not in the I'm not in the public eye as much. The funny, humorous will Leader Captain Will that people like or seem to enjoy it wears off and if you start something when you're already out of it. That's when you see guys it seems like they're not begging for stuff more, but they hit you up and you're kind of like you have a different flavor about them, you know what I mean. Or some of the heroes you've met that used to play ball, and you're like, why you're still hanging around Nebraska, or why you're still hanging around the facilities like you used to do it? Let the new guys do it. It just doesn't matter as much anymore, so I do. I think it's extremely important that guys take time to think about what they do off the field and do it while you're playing.
Speaker 3: It's a great point too.
Speaker 2: Even though I'm in the league, but I go to that and go back to Nebraska, nobody know who I am. They were by the people who's at Nebraska right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they'll know who you are now because you are a All Pro. You're your stud football player Levonte David who they can hang their cap on because you play good when you were there. You're still playing in the league, so you're still relevant. If you were to come ten years later and you never went back to Nebraska, people would know who you were and say, yo, you remember Levonte. Yeah, but you don't have the same same access. You don't got the same juice. Yeah, you don't. So it's important for guys that do that, that do think about shit while they're playing. Do it while you're playing, do it while you got a little bit of juice right now, litle bit. So that like, that's kind of what this stuff is. Were you at what's up? Blossy fifty five? I love it, dude. We got we're solid right now, we're cruising. Yeah, what else do we have? What else is on? What else is on tap? Top? How many times you made the top? One hundred three times? I believe? Were you on this past year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, sorry that I'm not completely up to date with the boy. I do watch it from a far fucking roode hardest ship for you.
Speaker 2: It's all good man.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, past.
Speaker 2: Three years.
Speaker 1: I haven't been on there the past three years. You haven't. I thought you were a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Dude, yeah, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: But the boy Levante, he does. Man, he needs more. You need more. You got respect, but you need more public respect. Yeah, so people do.
Speaker 2: I'm a shoot out to the social media world, you know, trying to get on it and stuff like that. But as you know, I don't be on Twitter during the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, you know I understand it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I really do. Like when you're playing, you have people chirping you. I know, Nick, my best friend this on the bus right now. Nick, he would uh. When we were at like Nebraska pretty much every walk every year, Nick would always like, you know, you type in the name, you see what people are saying. There's the years people love you, and there's the years where people are shitting on you to trash you. I get it, man, you know it doesn't matter. You do gotta you gotta protect your mind because you gotta stay focused, because you gotta big. The golden mind is to win a championship.
Speaker 2: I started to tell you the reason why I did it. I started it. It's crazy, it's funny story. You already know about it. I'm sure your rookie year. Okay. I started doing it because in twenty thirteen was playing the Jets first game. I could talk about it because I'm over eight years or years later. And also I was all pro that. Yes, I don't care nah, but uh yeah, thirteen. You're playing the Jets Geno Smith. Like prior, he was running out of Oh yeah, you shouldn't have hit his ass man. Look so during the game. Earlier in the game, he was running up the sideline. Nobody wanted to touch him because he was close to the sideline. I thought he was running out. Then he kept running up.
Speaker 1: And got extra yards. Quarterbacks. Man, there are some sneaky basked they know bro.
Speaker 2: So this time it was towards the end of the game. The end of the game, so I'm gonna spy him. So once I'm chasing him to the sideline. So as soon as he's about to step out, one labe was in the air. I pushed them and it was on their sideline. It was second level.
Speaker 1: Listen, you ain't gotta tell me. I watched it. He was out of bounds. Yes, he was bring the play up type of Levonte David Gino Smith.
Speaker 3: It was this is gonna pop up quick as hell too.
Speaker 1: He was out of bounds. I remember watching that game live. I remember watching it live real time, and I was like, my exact reaction, Levante, what in the fuck are you doing? Because they were down?
Speaker 2: What it was down? What two points, one point two points and kick the field goal lost ball one.
Speaker 1: Levontake gets a penalty very into the game. Levin Ta gets a penalty pushing it, hitting the quarterback out of bounds. They get, you know, the ball moves up there and field goal range and kickingfield gonna win the game. What happened on social media?
Speaker 3: I got cute?
Speaker 1: Cute? What are a couple What are a couple of tweets that's saying out that made you like, I'm deleting this up. They need to get your dumb ass off the team. You're fucking stupid. You anything racial?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 1: You know one time when one time I got called like uninbred, uninbred fucking cracker or some ship. I don't know. It was dark, dude, it was dark. But at the same time, look, Levante, you're the first video Levante David's big mistake letting the Jets win the game.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all tell me if you out of bounds right here, Andy, thing is.
Speaker 3: They changed the rule about that the next year.
Speaker 1: Look at your hands out. Hey, what's he saying to you? Yo? Hey, rewind that I wanted to fight so bad? Here okay, here's here's here's a here's the situation. Fourth quarter. Okay, the ball is on, the ball is backed up, not backed up, but on their like forty yard line. Twelve seconds left in the fourth quarter. Tampa Bay's up seventeen to fifteen. Gino Smith scrambles to the right clearly, okay, go back.
Speaker 3: He wasn't clearly running.
Speaker 1: He's crossing the fifty going for the first down, third and five, clearly heading out of bounds. Lavonte is kind of trailing him. Okay, you're neck and neck with him, but running upfield. Yeah, and you hit him out of bounds as he's already stepping out of I think it was.
Speaker 2: It was just it was on the sideline and it was real dramatic.
Speaker 1: So yo, how is that? How you really still to this fucking day? Don't think?
Speaker 3: Of course, it wasn't out of bounds, bro.
Speaker 1: And so it's at the fifty yard line, it's a fifteen yard Yeah, they're on the thirty five. They kick. They kicked the field goal with seven seconds left to win the game. And you let your team down, your rookie year.
Speaker 2: I didn't live my team down.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I'm watching this live at the UH at nebrask after a workout on a Sunday workout after a game. Really, we were all sitting in the like the training table watching the game. Oh you're right, yeah, and we're all like, oh my god, what the what is they doing? Look at you man with that pissed off bro, that puffy bottom left wood.
Speaker 2: I wanted to fight that whole sideline.
Speaker 1: Who's what's your what's your favorite memory in the NFL?
Speaker 2: My favorite memory, bro? Oh, my favorite memory my rookie year. My first interception was on Peyton Many.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my very first interception was on Peyton Many. That was awesome. I still have that balls all deflated.
Speaker 1: And would you say this team this year right now? And you're gonna have to say yes obviously because this will air. This will air in probably December. Honestly. I want to air this thing around Pro Bowl voting, and you should probably sneak back on the old social just during that time, just so you can put all your stuff up or have somebody do it for you. But I want to push this around that time because people need to fucking be more proactive and voting. This this savage in the Pro Bowl. I mean, look at you right here, you gotta you get a skin in your neck now ya. I love the beard game. I love it's so I'm so proud seeing you grow up in front of my eyes. You got a beard? Now you gotta go to what do you go here?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: What is that a roller?
Speaker 3: It's a watch? How much was that a watch?
Speaker 1: Look at that gold zooming on that bloss Look at that? Is that a rollie? Dude? That's no folly. I know that much the way you want to see. You are stunting on them boys. Man, Hey, thanks for coming on, dude. I gotta get you back this yeah, this right here or the podcast because I love football. Bro, Do you wish it was me out there in fifty one? Right now? We'reing fifty one. Unfortunately, make a clip and shout out Vin mentor dude that we were I you got to meet him on our Uh we were visiting the Buffalo Bills. But I watched I watch him now because we're like the single in the same situation. Uh, he's warning fifty one playing next to you, and I'm like, fuck, Like, man, if we would have the boys back and you're playing with Sue, what's a you? You you happy playing with Sue again. Bro, I love playing you feel like a black shirt connection. Like, it's dope that we're back kind of on the same team.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cool because you never played with missed one.
Speaker 3: I missed him.
Speaker 2: When I got there, I told him. I told him this day pass like Sue, if would have played with you, you would have been no more.
Speaker 1: Oh just chirping it.
Speaker 3: He got back on me though, he was like, where you went second? Yeah, if you would have played with me, you.
Speaker 2: Win first round.
Speaker 1: Dude. I appreciate you, brother. I'm gonna get you back now, but you know I want you to get fined. This was fun, dude, Yeah? Fun? Hey was this? Uh?
Speaker 2: This is real?
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. That's how we want to make it. I want people to feel like their guards down. They can say some stuff, whatever they want to say, talk about to talk, ship, tell stories.
Speaker 2: We ain't get deep, though, but we didn't get deep deep, but.
Speaker 1: We raised some Hell yeah, yeah, we had enough out there. Is this your favorite? Did you like this one more than your barschool appearance? Barstool?
Speaker 2: I like better?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, du bullshit?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: I like it? Bro?
Speaker 1: Do you like it more? You say you're bullshitting. Look at the camera. Look at the camera and say it's kind of like the same thing, isn't it. No, No, look at the camera and say, shout out Busting with the Boys, dude, best best podcast out.
Speaker 2: Shout out Busting with the Boys man, one of the best podcasts out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no doubt dude, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout it Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: My boy will come then.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me, bro, best podcast out man, keep it rolling.
Speaker 1: We'll cut that up too. Hey, did you see what we did? Uh the Jalen Ramsey. Did you see him shout us out in his press conference?
Speaker 3: I did see that part something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we put him on the screen things like he was like, shout out busting with the Boys. Yeah, everybody. We all went nuts, dude, I mean everybody went nuts. It wasn't fucking We made the content ourselves with Taylor and I went like, he's a stud dude, he's awesome. Yeah, he's awesome. He just got traded to l A, but he's awesome. Man, He's he's a boy man, he's for the boys. But all right, let's get you back