Speaker 1: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Serial Killers. Cereal makes them complete, so cereal they can't acquire you. Some get some retire.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Serial Killers. Today is Monday, August fourteenth. Okay, by the way, do you know that whenever we play anything on here, it's much louder. I was listening in my car the other day and I was like, boom, cool, how do we fix that? Well?
Speaker 2: I usually put it through a noise thing, but it makes it acceptable for podcast delivery, so that shouldn't be happening.
Speaker 1: Can you do that in post? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do it in post every time. Speaking of post, Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I don't have any post cereals today. That's sorry. That would have been perfect, right, it would have that looks a little blurry or is it my eyes? I'm not it's your eyes. Wow. I got to tell you something. I think I need glasses. You have glass? No actual glasses, like all the time on my driver's license glasses.
Speaker 2: My driver's license glasses, you do, yeah, but you never.
Speaker 1: I've never seen you in glasses ever.
Speaker 2: No. I need them for plays now, Like if I go to a Broadway play, I can't make out the faces I hope.
Speaker 1: You know, if you get pulled over, you're in big trouble.
Speaker 2: I've gotten pulled over many times and they.
Speaker 1: Don't say where are your glasses?
Speaker 2: No, they don't know, because how do they know if I'm wearing contacts?
Speaker 1: They don't. They should say take them out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think they got bigger issues going on anyway, speeding ticket.
Speaker 1: Why don't we eat some cereal? Pal?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Friend, I'm trying to think of what we do. You want to start with new or or what old? There's no there's no more classic. There is no more classic cereals done six summer, We've done them all, just ones that aren't brand new anymore. Okay, you know we got two of this time around?
Speaker 2: What cereal kill Inal?
Speaker 1: Well it's kind of international, but it's also I think American made. I don't know it's in Spanish. But this cereal has been popping up all over supermarkets and big box stores and things lately, and a bunch of people have told me about it, but I did see it. I found it at the King Colin a couple of months ago. It's been sitting in the cereal sack ever since. Great check it out? What is it?
Speaker 2: Maria's Gomesa Cereal. Well, yeah, what's a Gomesa?
Speaker 1: I think Amesa is cereal, isn't it. No it's not. I don't know, but it's vanilla and oh.
Speaker 2: Man, they look like little sand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's sabor artifice, y'all. Maria, you're letting us down. Yeah, this is actually distributed by the Quaker Oats Company, so it's fun. I don't know if it's made here or there. I was waiting.
Speaker 2: It looks like sand dollars.
Speaker 1: If you're watching this on YouTube, I'm pretty sure I've seen this box in Mexico at some point. But now, Quaker must what are you doing?
Speaker 2: It's made with Mom's authentic love. Hok on authentico amor de mama.
Speaker 1: That means made with Mom's authentic love.
Speaker 2: Meet the Maria's Gomesa family of products. For over one hundred years, mom love has inspired us to bring you the only to bring you only the most delicious products.
Speaker 1: Huh, well it's it doesn't say where it's it's just distributed by Quaker Oats Company, Chicago, Illinois. Does not say where it's made, but.
Speaker 2: Serving suggestion only five pieces?
Speaker 1: Shut up for real? Well, look, it's a serving suggestion. No, they just mean put milk or glue. Actually, put your cereal and glue. That's a serving suggestion. Anyway, Let's try this, right.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling this one's going to be good. I like company, sweet and what I like Quaker oats stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, not all of it? Okay, all right, buddy, let's slow it down. Ah man, the bag ripped? Whose fault is it? Gomesa's okay, can never be Scott's. See. I'm trying to say, this reminds me of something like good humor or something little part. What these smell funny? Isn't funny? Good?
Speaker 2: No? Haha, I will say sand dollars or Eucharist from church.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. So I'm not saying anything, by the way, because those people get mad at me.
Speaker 2: But this literally looks like a little eucharist.
Speaker 1: What is a Eucharist?
Speaker 2: It's like the body of Christ. They get, Yes, it's the wafer.
Speaker 1: I gotta be careful. What one lady got really mad at me? Don't make fun of Jesus. Well, I'm not making fun of them. I'm just being ignorant.
Speaker 2: You're asking questions. Yeah, yeah, I'm being inquisitive, good podcast reporter, would I'm being inquisitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two percent milk today? You ready, pal let's try this?
Speaker 2: Yeah lemony?
Speaker 1: You're lemon?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know where that was coming from.
Speaker 1: But it has a familiar taste. It's not bad, but it's not good. This cereal tastes Sorry, I just choked on a piece. Ew. This cereal tastes exactly like something from my childhood. I'm gonna give this two bowls. Mmm mm hmmm. No think girl, really, no fan'k girl, you're saying it like it's just so bad. I'm a my fam decent. It does have it has a hint of lemon. I don't like it. It's got a little tiny bit of mom's love. I do taste that. What does that taste like that? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like it very much.
Speaker 1: I give it three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really I.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty good. That's not high. It's you know, three balls in a spoon. It's slightly over half. It's a full bowl over it. Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Two bowls in a spoon is like, oh, you know it's halfway. You like it a lot?
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of what it tastes like.
Speaker 1: I wish I knew where it was made, though, what does it taste like? I'm pretty sure this is made in Mexico and distributed by Quaker. It's nuevo is yeah, very good, thank you.
Speaker 2: It almost hit me with the box, all right.
Speaker 1: So now I'm not really sure where to go. Where to go from here, because I feel like we have a pretty decent one and then a bland one. I think, yeah, yeah, So our friend Matt likes to send us the exclusives from the Amish. He sends us the Amish stuff he finds in the Amish place. So this is puffed iron corn cereal and it's chemical free? Is this Amish? It says? This cereal has grown and produced on an Amish farm in Lancaster, PA. Wow, and distributed to the various Amish grocery stores in southern central PA. Lancaster and the Upper Valleys where I reside.
Speaker 2: I have a question, yes, when it comes to the Amish, like they're saying, so they have their own grocery store. So is that just like a market, it's a market? Do they take like buggies to get there.
Speaker 1: Sure. Really, they load up the little buggies with all their products and they.
Speaker 2: Because they don't actually have cars, they don't do electricity, right, they.
Speaker 1: Do not do electricity except on Rum Springer. What's that? You know what that is? Come on, you saw the Amige show on TLC. No, I never did growing up Amish.
Speaker 2: The TLC person for that ninety day fiance you got me.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, correct me if I'm wrong. Amish people that are listening to the radio that works on electricity. But I'm pretty sure when they when they are about to become adults, kind of like I guess maybe seventeen or eighteen or something like that, they are allowed for I believe it's a week or something like that to go out and experience the non Amish world. You know. They go to clubs like Scary with their hats and stuff, and they go and a experience life as a non Amish person so fascinating. And then they come back and then they're like, yeah, you know what, I think I'm gonna stay Amish, Yeah I get it, or they're gonna be like no, man, I want to be not Amish, you know, and go do like reg stuff. Yeah, okay, so you know there was that whole show about it. It was actually good. I liked it. I'm going to look into this alright. So while this is billing it everyone, well, it looks like it's chocolate. It's not.
Speaker 2: No, this is just sugar smacks without actually.
Speaker 1: It even smells like sugar smacks, even though they're not called sugar sacks. About the cereals you have, there been sugar spacks in many, many years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh my goodness, stupid.
Speaker 1: It smells more like golden cresp Anyway, I can't get enough of it. Sugar bear not dig hum. How do you know both the names? You idiot? Although surprisingly he still called sugar bear. Afraid that this is going to turn things off? You're like, meaning, I do that plenty on myself, my own.
Speaker 2: For anybody who wants to maybe get this, this is what it looks like.
Speaker 1: How could you possibly get it unless you live near this amor store in Lancaster. So is Lancaster like a thing? Lancaster? Learn about pronunciation? Okay, that's really soft. This gets mm hmm. But that sweet other cereal you get, eh, I don't like well, lemon, I don't really like this. It tastes burnt. I know. That's why I like it. That's why you love Starbucks in that trendy coffee place. Not me.
Speaker 2: I'm just a every man through and through.
Speaker 1: Just give me my coffee. Sludge. That stuff you drink is sludge. Yeah, I could just get it from a card. I don't need anything. You know that that blue bonnet stuff you brought in this morning bottle whatever. I took three SIPs and I tossed it three It was terrible. It tastes like the bottom of an oil drum, right the bottle. Have you licked at the bottom of an oil truck? Have smelled it?
Speaker 2: But you haven't licked it, No, so you don't know if that's how it tastes.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. This thing gets a spoon. It might be good as a snack in your hand, but not with milk. I really like it. I bet you do in a weird way. Countries like popcorn kurdles. Yeah, that's not a weird way.
Speaker 2: It does, but the burnt ones and if you soak them in milk, and I actually like that, may give it three bowls and a spoon. Wow, three bowls. Let's go crazy, Okay, I don't mind this. It's simple, it's plain. I feel like it's moderately healthy, right, because what is it? Just puffing corn thrown in a bag.
Speaker 1: It's not corn. Oh my god, it's a stupid iron corn. Don't even know what that is. But here it says, right here, the history of roincorn. If I'm saying it wrong, I'm sorry. Nature's first and oldest wheat. Okay, all right. Ironcorn is the oldest wheat known to scientists, and is considered man's first wheat. The term ironcorn is developed from the German language and interpreted to mean single grain blah blah blah blah blah. Well, you can't really get it anywhere. It's made by Scenic Ridge Foods and uh oh it was packed on July first. Okay, cool, Well that's fine. I like it, so we'll last quite some time. You could take this home.
Speaker 2: I might, actually, because I don't have any cereal in my house right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not cereal. That's not cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's such an idiot mixed.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll be back right after this. Hi. I'm WILVERD Brimley, and I've had diabetes for about twenty years and we're back. Even though there were no commercials. There no commercial Andy forgot.
Speaker 2: To hit the ball, Andy forgot to hit it, Andy forgot to upload things. Scottie is perfect movie ever said that I curate every episode.
Speaker 1: Don't do Andy? Oh my god, say Steffe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, serial Killers intern National.
Speaker 1: Now I'm hoping we don't get some kind of jazz hands today, I've got soul, I've got I'm hoping we don't get some sort of you know, parasite from this next cereal? Why because it came back with Gandhi from Thailand. She had an issue. Yeah, but this is packaged goods.
Speaker 2: Well, she was also playing with like l fan.
Speaker 1: She was in the water foods. You know, she was like swimming with open wounds in the sewer. You know what are you saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah that when was she swimming in an open sewer with open sores, wounds?
Speaker 1: Wounds? Yeah, from when the elephant kicked her. She got a little cut. Then she went swimming and she got a bug. No, that would be you. I made all of this up. Yeah, that would be you, and it would have never happened. Check it out. It's cocoa crunch. And it's a tiny little bad because they don't eat much cereal over there. They don't have big boxes. I can't really read most of it, but we have had this cereal because it's nestley and in different countries it's just going it's this is basically chocolate pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, were you thinking that too? Yeah, exactly right as chocolate. I wasn't saying to myself, look at it, it's choco pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In Mexico, this would be chocolate in Mexico except the uh, the little mascot here is a Koala bear.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So look at the look a look at the flakes. Look at them? Look at them?
Speaker 1: What do they look like? They look like Mickey's No, they look like see that's that's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 1: And then what's kind to hold the milk? Hold the milk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they feel like they look like something we had from Japan too. I definitely brought back a flaked.
Speaker 1: Every country has this similar fonted cereal. Basically it's you know, chocole.
Speaker 2: Pick yeah, chaco pick right, yeah right.
Speaker 1: You're such a andrew. What does that mean? You know? They always sound plastic yeap, and they're very shiny and yeah, glazed almost.
Speaker 2: Definitely have chemicals that are not legal in the United States, or.
Speaker 1: Most likely you could probably scan something here to tell you exactly what's in it. Because I can't read any of this. You can't read tie. There's no English. I thought you could whatsoever except nutrous smart. So why do they put everything in a different language except nutris smart? I don't know cocoa crunch ko ko crunch if you're in Thailand, ask for by name. Well, no, because it's probably not pronounced that way. There. Oh, it's cold, the milk's cold. It's cold. Milk is the best milk andy I know, but not on my arm right now.
Speaker 2: Look at the stupid mic just lifting itself up like you look like little koalas. It's adorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really what I said. I know it's what you really said.
Speaker 2: But the same way that Snoop Loops was like, hey, look look this is what a little snoop cereal sorry, fruity hoops with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Does that make you feel better? Yes? Good? Cool? Yeah, that marshmallows looks stupid. By the way, there's like three more Snoop cereals coming out already. It's been so successful that they're pushing it out. Wow. Okay, hmm, it's interesting. It's definitely a softer, consistent set than the cocoa pick or chocolate pick. Sorry, I like it. It's not overly chocolate. I need it to be overly chocolate. You can actually taste the grain. All. I want to give us three bowls. I like it. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't like the chocolate flavor, but this one's good.
Speaker 1: The milk it makes is pretty good. Yeah, I'm gonna give it two bowls. Don't love it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: For the most part, you can't get any of the cereals that we did today.
Speaker 2: We have one from an Amish farm, we have one from Thailand, and the other one.
Speaker 1: Is well Maria's. This year, you can find it is making its way into stores now. I've seen it in Target. I've seen it in Walmart. A lot of supermarkets have it. Oh, Diamond singing fast Car in the next studio. Oh, the Luke Combs one. I'm not sure. No, she's singing the Tracy Chapman. Wow, it's a little different. Oh, I could tell anyway. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please please follow us on all of our social platforms, although I think we might get rid of that. The x' so dumb. It is dumb. You know, I will never call it X. Nobody will twitter or nothing, and I.
Speaker 2: Just posts are called post and if you want to retweet, it's now repost. Like the Cereal, I guess it's so dumb. How do you have such brand recognition? It'd be like Cereal and all of a sudden, like Kellogg's being like, we don't make Cereal anymore. It's called Google flakes and that's all we call them now, And like you don't buy Cereal, you buy Google Flame.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure you a lot has a screw loose. And that's you know, eventually, know.
Speaker 2: What he's doing is what he did with Tesla. Fun fact, he didn't actually make Tesla. He just became a majority person of it, and then all of a sudden he took credit for everything Tesla did.
Speaker 1: Plus he also used some scientists name from a million years ago. The company was already called that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't steal that, well, he did the company that he worked for. Yeah, he just became like the chairperson of it and then just kicked everyone else out and became the majority person, and then was like I made Tesla.
Speaker 1: So Tesla the scientist guy from one hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: No, he did things, but the company was already named before ELM was even involved.
Speaker 1: I get it, But like they could just use his name. That's like calling a company Einstein, I guess, although there is one. I think Einstein makes a little kid's toy bagels. That's right, But they're the brothers. Oh sorry, And of course there's none of those around here because this is New York and New York. You know, we don't have those chain bagel places here, No, we do, we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's Einstein Bagels.
Speaker 1: Not in New York proper, not in New York, prapa. Maybe in the you know suburbs like way way.
Speaker 2: If I google Einstein Bagels, I bet you I could find Stein.
Speaker 1: Did you know it is? It is Einstein, Einstein, Einstein, Einstein Brothers Bagels. I'm going to google it right now. Ok, I'm gonna look it up. See where the closest one is to this area.
Speaker 2: There's a high Albert It's Albertlbert Einstein.
Speaker 1: Okay, Einstein Brothers Bagels. I will allow it to use my location results for New York.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you just go to Google Maps because now you're gonna have to add in your zip code.
Speaker 1: I don't want.
Speaker 2: It's gone, no cookies.
Speaker 1: Please can locations right here? Locations here? Allow? Great, allow, Its gonna take so long.
Speaker 2: Issues.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, there is one in Queen's but but it's in Saint John's University, so it's like in the school doesn't count.
Speaker 2: There's one in Mamath University too, in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. See, they're all in schools because you know, college kids they don't know because I think college kids know about a lot of you know, a lot of them are from other areas, like, oh, a bagel place, but.
Speaker 2: Like everyone knows it's a chain bagel place.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there's one. Also, as someone.
Speaker 2: Who didn't go to college, I will make the assumption that I know a college kids want what's a forty eight year old man.
Speaker 1: There's one at Saint John's. Is one in William Patterson University. There's one in Hofstraw, which is on Long Island. What's up? There's one and then Sunny and that's it. So there's really none really around hand. All of them are in school so they must have a some kind of college contract because they're not gonna have a freestanding store, you know, like in New York City. Yeah now, because nobody's going now, but he's Although I do remember doing the grand opening for Einstein Brothers in Fort Lee with Greg t probably twenty years ago. Wow, but that place gone well.
Speaker 2: I feel like Duncan kind of really capitalized on them, because any bagel sand much you could get, you could just get it Duncan.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I do like a Duncan bagel. I do too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: They got rid of the onion. I loved their onion bagels.
Speaker 2: They gotta have the Cheddar twist. I'm gonna tell you something. That Cheddar twist not.
Speaker 1: A bagel, did not a bagel. Yeah, it's a Cheddar bagel twist. Bagel by definition, has the hole in the wall.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's cute that you say that. But it advertises a bagel twist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look it up. It's the same dough as a bagel, just like a doughnut has a hole in it. Okay, cool, but it's a bagel. Now, what about Boston creams, they're just filled, no hole.
Speaker 2: It's a bagel twist. Okay, the same dough that's used that's cool is used to twist. I understand, do you? I do so a pretzel can also be a bagel.
Speaker 1: No, because it's not using the same dough. You dope. Kinda is kind of but no, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. We've turned it into a bowl chat. We'll save it for bowl chat. We'll continue to promise you we.
Speaker 2: Won't because it's not that fascinating, all right, and everyone knows I'm right, so it's good.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Please follow us on a socials like I said, Serial Killer's PC. Check out the website serial killerspc dot com. Still got a couple of dusty shirts in the closet if you want, go ahead and buy them. That's appealing. That new merch is coming soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to actually call the guy again.
Speaker 1: It's maybe we can get serial Killers koozies made. We can, right, I could get those made because you are the king, part of the kings. But what are you gonna put in there? I guess can you make koozies for half gallons of milk?
Speaker 2: Actually, we can get them special made.
Speaker 1: I'd love that you want to give those away, you know, because when people bring their half gallon of milk to the beach, they want they wanted to stick cold.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, you would though, like I could see you being like, hey, here's my gallon of milk.
Speaker 1: What do you got in the cooler? Milk? No, milk's delicious.
Speaker 2: Just imagine sitting on a hot, hot beach, which is milk?
Speaker 1: Please? Is that your drinking noise? Is you just drink like that all the time? Yep? See Wednesday with bull Chat, but Andrew records it. Otherwise, you has been recording.
Speaker 2: So this whole little shade that you're trying to throw, it's cute, but it's over.
Speaker 1: Thank you, enjoying the rest of the week. Say crunch Andrew, idiot, no jerk. That's that's all you got. I mean, what else do you want me to say?