Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Diamond?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, are you singing?
Speaker 3: But what about to say something that I?
Speaker 1: Oh, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: What a tease? You dickhead? Hey, it's sauce on the side. I'm Gandhi and I'm with my producer who I love so much, Diamond. Okay, so I noticed something and I would like your opinion on this. I was only supposed to do thirty five episodes of this podcast for the year, and we're at like thirty eight and I still had a few left that I was going to try and do.
Speaker 3: What to do?
Speaker 1: I don't want to Here's the problem. You know how people are, right, specifically our company, if you out kick the coverage and when it comes to the next time, they're like, oh, but you did this, so you can't go back now and do less.
Speaker 3: What do I do? Quit? You're done?
Speaker 1: Quit the podcast? As the last podcast.
Speaker 3: Shut it down.
Speaker 1: I don't think this can be the last one. I feel like the last one we had to go out with bang for something. I do. Like our guest today, I thought you cool. However, I just we have to like regroup and think about things. I don't know what to do, you know?
Speaker 3: My answer quit quit.
Speaker 1: I will say what I've been noticing with like the the actual episodes, because I do go and look at the numbers and stuff. I stop looking at the reviews. I should probably go back and look at the reviews again, and we should have a talk back at some point now that I'm ending the season, at some point. The best, the highest rated episodes are when all of us just shoot the ship and that's it. I mean, like, guests are cool, cool, but it does better when we have just us. I wonder what that means.
Speaker 3: It means that you need me.
Speaker 1: I know I need you.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I definitely I People ask all the time, what do you want to do after this? You know, after the show is over, you're gonna get your own show and whatever. I don't think I would want my own show.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What you want other people?
Speaker 3: With your a shit ton of money.
Speaker 1: Talking to yourself? No thanks, I think I'm much better as part of an ensemble.
Speaker 3: Cast, just you in a box.
Speaker 5: Hi tis I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I could do. I'd be laughing at my own jokes. Already do that enough, and it's terrible.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 1: Laugh at your own jokes. Tell me a joke right now. Oh, she's already laughing before she even delivers it.
Speaker 3: What did the paper say to the pen?
Speaker 1: What rite me?
Speaker 3: Okay? It was funny. Okay, Okay, you want another joke? The New York Mets.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll laugh at that one. How are the Mets doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Depends when this comes out, It depends. It depends. Should we talk about what Andrew just told us about having to buy tickets kind of because of the Mets, or should we not?
Speaker 3: I'd talk about it. He's a he's a lunatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, long story short. One of the things that we say all time. People don't believe us. We do not just have access to as many tickets as we want for any concert anytime. Let us know, Hey, people hit me up constantly. I can't do anything for you. I don't even do things for myself, Like I don't even go gain shit for myself. So I'm not gonna go ask for tickets because it's just it's chaos. When you try to do that, it's and then you old people favors. It's just nonsense. So there's a guy who was very kind to us and let us get into the owner's suite at a Mets game, and we had a blest. Andrew didn't even go to that game, by the way, so I'm not sure how he got mixed up in all this. But the guy was awesome.
Speaker 3: He was great.
Speaker 1: Shout out to you. I won't name you because this story's kind of bad, twisted and convoluted. However, Andrew, being Andrew and over promising all the time and under delivering, by the way, never do that. Do it the opposite. He says to this guy, Hey, if you ever need any tickets, hit me up. But I got you. I need to know what Andrew has to these tickets that the rest of us don't. But okay, so Sabrina Carpets are coming to town, he said, I'm gonna take you up on that offer. Take some Sabrina Carpenter tickets. How'd that work out?
Speaker 3: I think I think Andrew should tell destroy himself. But should I go get him? Yes? Okay, keep talking. Okay, Hi, guys, I'm Diamond.
Speaker 6: I'm just here talking while Gandhi grabs Andrew Because the funniest thing on the planet.
Speaker 1: What did you say that was the funniest thing on the planet.
Speaker 3: That the story he has to tell is the worst thing on the planet.
Speaker 1: That's really over selling it.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's funny. I don't think it's the funniest thing on the planet. We want you to tell us what happened with the Sabrina Carpenter tickets.
Speaker 7: Oh man, oh man, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, we already set it up. So the part we're at right now is that you said, hey, let me know anytime you need something, I got you, and then he was like, cool, I'll take Sabrina Carpenter tickets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, go yeah. So originally it was jingle. I know, that's easy. It's like I could make that happen. Simple, you dare say that for me, it is, but this is.
Speaker 2: Not an open offer to anyone to read out to me period. Anyway, he said no, oh, she would really like Sabrina Carpenter. So I said, okay, I can make it happen, thinking oh, I could make it happen because I'm an idiot, and just fell into.
Speaker 7: Being like, yeah, of course I can make it happen. I can't make it happen.
Speaker 2: And this is a prime example because then when the day came I didn't get any tickets whatsoever. Then I was the clown and I spent way too much money on these tickets.
Speaker 7: And this man thinks that he got them for free. Oh yeah he did. I take it them for free.
Speaker 1: But also I would like to point out that the day that we really enjoyed that suite and we had a ball up there and we had food, and then we went and sat in the very front row right behind the dugout. You didn't even come to that. I know.
Speaker 7: I got tickets separately.
Speaker 2: I got tickets to another game that he set me and my friends up with and we couldn't get into the club, but we got into someplace else.
Speaker 7: He was super, super nice and really gesome.
Speaker 2: He's awesome. Monetary value of that awesome, I don't know, but I've placed it somewhere at Sabrina Carpenter MSG ticket levels, So yeah, he's great.
Speaker 1: Are they good seats?
Speaker 7: They were the best I could do?
Speaker 3: What section?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 7: Section one fourteen. That's that's decent of you, because apparently she has a curtain.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you sat his kids behind a curtain?
Speaker 7: No, not specifically, I will say.
Speaker 2: I will say he did text at one point being like I hope they put this curtain down, but my kids are going to have a great time. No, And in my head I was like, but I'm but he said, thank you so much for the tickets.
Speaker 7: She loves it. This is such a great time. Thank you so much. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We found out a lot today, including apparently Andrew has unlimited.
Speaker 7: Access or that.
Speaker 1: On Instagram. Don't please don't at Andrew Pug on Instagram. I have no access to any kids unlimited jingle ball.
Speaker 7: The ticket shop is closed. Don't ask me for anything.
Speaker 1: He'll buy them if you can't get them. It's great.
Speaker 7: Actually, yes, and that's what's sick about me.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, so it's funny. But Diamond said, is the funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm the clown. It's me, that's about Yeah, Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: That was great, Thanks Andrew, No problem. You can go back to working because we know you need to get some bills to pay.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: And on that note, man, we've been talking for a minute. Maybe we should get to our guest, who's pretty cool. His name's Titus Wliver. You have probably seen him and you have no idea who he is, and it turns out he's a fun guy. We have some Boston connections. So let's get to it.
Speaker 5: Show. My mother couldn't watch that. I that I did. My mom was, you.
Speaker 4: Know, very very supportive, but she she called me up and she said, I can't. I tried to watch Sons of Anarchy last night. I said, okay. She said, but yeah, there was a scene where you were and your cohort had tortured this guy. Clearly some of his teeth had been pulled out with pliers and he was passed out from the torture, and you woke him up to shoot him in the face and kill him. And she said, I can't. I said, that was my sick idea too, to do that, and she went, God, Titus.
Speaker 5: That's so dark.
Speaker 1: So where was Titus? Welliver, okay, I have so much to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Thank you, like I said, for being here too. I know you from a bunch of different a bunch of different things that you've done, but specifically Sons of Anarchy, which is what you were just talking about. You said that was your idea to do that. Did you have a big part in writing your part?
Speaker 4: Not really, I would there were certain character traits, irish things that I felt like the writers would not necessarily know, So I would bring in that information and say, hey, you know you could he might he would actually probably say this this.
Speaker 5: Way rather than that.
Speaker 4: But no, I mean, they were it was a great group of writers, and they you know, they gave me a lot of range to just kind of play with that character. And he was just a complete freight train of a character.
Speaker 1: He was terrifying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was terrifying. He was a scary, scary.
Speaker 4: Guy mixed with sort of odd moments of sincerity and kindness. But she never knew, really, he always sort of knew at the root that whatever he was doing was for personal gains, so he knew it was not going to end well.
Speaker 1: Of all the characters you've played, because you do all kinds of work, you've I saw that you do some voiceover for animated features, do you have a favorite character that you have played.
Speaker 5: A little bit like your favorite kid?
Speaker 1: But you have favorite kids, I'm convinced.
Speaker 4: I have three of my own and three step children. But I would say the character that I played for the longest period of time has been Harry Bosh on the series Bosh and Bosh Legacy, and you when you spend that much time with a character and habit that I think you become very attached to them. So I would say in that regard, it would be Harry Bosh. And yet the Man in Black character that I played un Lost, I also became very attached and I only did like three episodes.
Speaker 5: Of that show.
Speaker 1: You've been with Bosh ten years?
Speaker 5: Ten years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's coming. Is it wrapping up soon?
Speaker 5: It is wrapping up?
Speaker 1: I thought I saw it on your Instagram.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The third the third season of the spinoff, Bosh Legacy, comes out in March, and that will be the final season of Bosh, although I'm doing some duties as Harry Bosh on another spinoff called Ballard, which stars Maggie Q, which is currently filming and that I would imagine will be coming out as well in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Is that emotional for you or do you expect at some point this is going to come to an end. I'm ready for it.
Speaker 5: I think it's a mixture of both.
Speaker 4: It is, you know, you do become very very close to a character, and you become very close to the people that you work with. You become a family, right, I mean, you know that from what you do, and there are certainly many more stories to tell. But you know, I also understand that ten years, that's the longest running streaming show on any of the outlets situation, and I'm very proud of the work that we did. It was it was a real collaboration, amazing group of actors and writers, producers, directors that I that I now count as my very very close friends, kind of like family. So I'll miss that.
Speaker 1: When you spend ten years playing a character with this character, do you find yourself taking on any aspects of the character in your real life. I just feel like that has to happen at some point in some capacity.
Speaker 4: It definitely does happen. And you know, when you're when you are becoming a character, you know, I mean, as an actor, you want to try to kind of disappear into the character as much as possible. I know that there's certain affects, physical affects with Bosh. I mean, I've recall watching the show one time with my kids and there was some facial expression and one of my sons turned the other one and he goes, oh, that guy's in trouble. So it does kind of bleed into itself. And I suppose there were there were I don't take my work home, but you know, because the writers did such an incredible job, I would find myself very, very moved by circumstances and scenes and plot lines and things that would become that close to a character. You you do take on a little bit without sounding like I have a severe mental illness. You take on, you carry some of that stuff no matter what.
Speaker 1: So for people who don't know Bosh tell us about the show.
Speaker 4: It's based on many many novels written by Michael Connolly, who's also the author of the Lincoln Lawyer series as well. And Harry Bosch is an LAPD homicide detective who works the Hollywood homicide and he's a guy with a flawless moral compass. He's known as as a grinder. He doesn't let things go. He's relentless. So he is the kind of murder cop that if a person was a victim of that crime, you would want a cop like Harry Bosch working the case because he just won't give up. He's not a buy the book guy. When I say that he's not a dirty cops. He would never beat a confession out of someone or plant evidence on someone. But he will do what cops like to call a work around, and he's a little rough around the edges. I have cops come up to me all the time and they go, God, I wish I could talk to my superiors the way Harry Bosch does. I mean Harry Bosch threw his captain through a window, which, of course even the Chief of Police of l A PD said, when you threw that, When you threw that captain through the window, I have to say, you know, every cop fantaside has a boss at some point they can't stand and that was that was a.
Speaker 5: Moment where I kind of got out of my chair.
Speaker 1: You're helping them live their dreams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly vicariously through the through the show.
Speaker 1: And this character obviously quite different than the character who played in Sons of Anarchy, because you play characters all across the board. But is there one that you get recognized.
Speaker 4: The most for Well, I would say now it's because of the of the long run of BOSH and the success of that show, But then shows like that I've done in the past, Suits and now Lost.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just having its big comeback.
Speaker 4: Resurgence on with them coming out on Netflix, and it's always or sons of anarchy. I get Jimmy Oh all the time, okay, And a lot of times it's it's people who clearly have criminal uh you know, pass or something. You get some really really rough people coming up and saying, yeah, I love that guy, I love that or women going he was really sexy, and I'm thinking to myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, ma'am, are you okay? Yeah, yeah, I wonder that all the time because you said, you know, the police officers are coming up to you and saying, hey, you really are living out our dreams and you're doing the things that we want to and at the same time, you have these criminal elements approaching you and saying, hey, I really dug that work that you did. How weird is that for you?
Speaker 5: It is weird. It is weird.
Speaker 1: Are you like, please stay away from me?
Speaker 4: For the for the most part, well, I always come correctly, you know what I mean. There's even some of the roughest of people that I've encountered have a kind of respect. So if something has impacted a person in a positive and even in a negative way, if somebody comes up to me and says, you know, the character I played on The Good Wife Glenn Childs was this real machiavellian, duplicitest guy and people I hated. I hated you on that. You know I hated that character. You can bleep things on here, right, you can curse. He's an asshole, yeah, and a duplicitous guy, A dark guy like Iago. You know, somebody that if you knew what he did, you'd be like, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't need to spend time with that guy. Keep me away from that.
Speaker 1: Just means you're doing your job the right way. I guess a good job of your job.
Speaker 5: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about you, Titus Welliver, am I saying that correctly?
Speaker 6: Well? Over?
Speaker 1: Okay as a person? Because our friend David katz here, who loves you and has nothing but great things to say about you, he sort of sent me a little bio about you, and one of the big things that he said, you really care about are dogs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rescue animals.
Speaker 1: Rescu animals. How many do you have?
Speaker 4: Well, my herd has been thinned because I live in an area where there's a lot of coyotes, and sadly I lost my most beloved of the rescue dogs that I had, Little Scout, was taken.
Speaker 1: Away and killed by its horrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is horrible.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 4: But I think the thing about all rescue animals is that there is there's a kind of gratitude that they have, and I think that they they sense when you come and you bring them home with you. I mean, imagine they're in this stark, cold place with other animals, they feed, they you know the anxiety when you go into a lot of these rescue places, at these where these animals have been taken from horrible situations and sometimes just a mother has dropped a litter and they're just wandering the streets and they get picked up and they've not really had any kind of trauma. But I have to say there's a palpable kind of gratitude and sweetness that comes with these dogs. My dog Scout, that I loved and adored. I had never met a more gracious hostess in my life. Every single person that would come to my house, she would introduce herself and then she would mean hostess in the best way she would. She would make sure that she covered every lap.
Speaker 5: Of a guest that was in the house.
Speaker 4: She would give each person individual attention, get up into their lap and look at them fondly. So every person that left said, if you ever don't want I said, this is the sweetest dog I've ever met. But she was brave and she went out like a champion.
Speaker 5: She was. She was defending.
Speaker 4: Our other dogs, which are are pure bed bread docsins, and one had already been attacked by the coyote, and Scout got between the coyote and bought time for the other dogs to get away. And she was killed and it broke my wagon. Actually, my daughter has Scout's name tattooed on her finger. This is a dog that had such an impact. I don't it's inexplicable, but in a way, they look into your soul. I used to rescue horses as well. Wow, and had a bunch of horses, and one of them was a was a one eyed as tech and mayor and they said, you know, this horse isn't really will never be like a rideable horse.
Speaker 5: And that was not the case with her. She was kind of like a dog.
Speaker 4: She did not have a sense of her of how much bigger she was than me.
Speaker 5: She was a powerful horse.
Speaker 4: But she was so extremely physically affectionate, rubbing her head on me and licking my face. And I could be in a mood, maybe just having a bad day, and I would go and connect.
Speaker 5: With these creatures and they do.
Speaker 4: They literally look into your soul. They penetrate you in some way.
Speaker 1: So when I was scrolling through your Instagram, I saw something that kind of struck a chord with me because it's happening to a lot of people on our show. You've posted that somebody is trying to impersonate you. What is going on with that?
Speaker 5: It's endless and.
Speaker 1: There's always stop it. Have you had a lot of people reach out to you saying, this person's trying to get money. What are they trying to do?
Speaker 4: I mean a lot of it. It's not so much necessarily money. It's kind of catfishing.
Speaker 1: Like they're trying to date these people or date them or just be affiliated with them in some way.
Speaker 4: It's very creepy. It's deeply creepy. But the thing is that the people who are doing it don't do it very well. Well that's good, just because they cut and paste your photographs and things like that. They'll misspell things, honestly, I will interact with fans on Twitter, but I don't personally message anyone, and I'm always very clear about that. You will never receive a personal message from me.
Speaker 1: And if you do, it was not you.
Speaker 5: If yeah, it's not me.
Speaker 4: If there is another actor, or if there's a foundation or something that I get hipped to on social media, I go through the proper channels. I reach out to my manager, who then reach out out directly to the foundation, and you go through and you do it that way. But the fans also kind of they get such glee out of exposing these people. Oh good, So they're always after them. They're always kind of going after them. But I just find it deeply creepy, and you know we're and you know, you get it right, you deal with it. You just go why to what end? What person you know in their right mind is going to go, let me wire this this actor forty thousand dollars because they've been arrested in Thailand.
Speaker 1: Right, You're being held captive and you you got access to your phone to reach out to a stranger and ask the money. But that was it. Yeah, yeah, we overhear what it is for the most part, it is money stuff that happens with you know these sad to say older women are lonely and they think one of the guys on this show are interested in them. Yeah, and they have this little relationship and they start talking and all of a sudden, thousands of dollars are gone. And the women do the research and find out, oh I got screwed over here a little bit. Do the research first.
Speaker 4: Please don't send money to people that you don't know exactly.
Speaker 1: Never ever. And if that's how the relationship starts, this is probably not going to go well yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 4: Chances are yeah it's a scam. As soon as the money thing comes into it, then I go no, no, no, that's a giant red flag. It's not to say that if you're in love with someone, you're in a relationship with someone that you wouldn't give you know that you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Maybe that you've met and hung out with a few times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know you're not on a dating site. You know, Oh I have massive credit card debt. Maybe you could help me, or I'm about to close on this big deal. Let me pull you in as an insider and you'll triple your money in fifteen minutes. But that's also a societal thing of greed and get rich quick, there's no such thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like social media has really blown that out of the water. To get rich quick, don't do the hard work. You can just immediately excel at something. What is that like for you? Now that people can pop onto social media Instagram, TikTok, whatever and just blow up and have these probably short lived careers. But it's almost usurping people who've been working hard at this for a very long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I find it really pathetic. And I know that even in the bin because I have friends who work at different studios and stuff. You know, they when they're casting stuff, they, particularly with younger up and coming actors, they'll look at their social media numbers, which I find I get it to a certain degree. That's a business thing. Well, if this person has five hundred thousand followers, that's a guaranteed five hundred thousand viewers with this person if we cast them in that role. But it's really vapid. I feel like it's the syphilis and gonna rita of entertainment, and I find it really disturbing. I have a really hard time with it.
Speaker 1: Hey, within the acting community, is there of a stigma between the seasoned professional actors and these influencers coming onto sets now or do you just yet there is I would imagine that, I mean in a completely different way, but somewhat similar. I guess with radio, there's that element of everybody can have a podcast. Now, anybody can get a microphone and plug it into the laptop at home and think that they're having this big radio show and every now and then they'll blow up. And there's something that's good in that. But I think that for the season professional radio talent who has been around for a long time, you sort of look at it like, huh, this is interesting.
Speaker 5: It's not even interesting. Come on, let's be truthful. It's not interesting. You know what. Not everybody can plug in a microphone. The truth of the matter is.
Speaker 4: That the art of radio, in what you do and what and the history of radio has tremendous depth to It.
Speaker 5: Has great depth.
Speaker 4: It has huge cultural significance. Yeah, okay, plug in a microphone and you know, and do your thing. And I think some people do it with good intent. I've heard these kind of amateur crime podcasts and things like that. Or people talking about horror films and stuff, and some of it I find really interesting and I think in that way, these are people who have integrity. They're fans and they want to get out there and they want to and they got passion and they want to talk about it, and I applaud them like earn it right. If it's not rooted in some kind of intelligence and passion, then it's just dumb and you know, dumb stupidity and all this has become extremely fashionable, which to me is a really depressing commentary on society. I agree, I'm dumb, and I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: So now you said your kids are out this way or East Coast? Are they in any way following your footsteps? Do they? Are they interested in the arts and music and or social media? How does that work out for them?
Speaker 4: I don't know how much social media. I don't think they're really into the social media thing. I have my youngest daughter, Cora, who has had a recurring character on Bosh Legacy. She played Harry Bosh's dog walker Sam. My older son Amon played me in a flashback and Bosh as a young cop in his mid twenties, and my other son Quinn played me as Bosh at twelve and at sixteen, not NEPO babies. By the way, these things kind of fell into their laps because they the producer said, your sons both look exactly like you, so rather than trying to go and cast someone who looks kind of like you, they.
Speaker 5: Look like you.
Speaker 4: And of course my kids were inexperienced. They both of my sons were inexperienced when they played me. You know, they learned on.
Speaker 1: Set their first role.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 4: I mean they had both done theater before, but they'd never been on film before. So it was trial by fire. And it's not like it was we were doing a home movie on my iPhone in the backyard. There's a real thing and they had to show up and do their job. And my daughter the same kind of trial by fire. She's still learning, but she's studying psychology. But my sons are one is graduating this year from conservatory, my son, Quinn, he's going to graduate, he's an actor. And my other son, Aimon, my eldest, is finishing up his degree in film and also studying acting.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the NEPO baby thing, I'm always very torn on this because anybody with a parent, if you are following in your parents' footsteps, they're going to help you. Yeah, they're going to do whatever they can. They're going to extend their hand, They're going to give you the network that they have, and people are so hard on them when it comes to acting, music, whatever it is. I would absolutely do the same thing. If I had a child and they wanted to be in radio, I would be like, Hey, you know what, I can get you an internship. This works out well, right, It'll get you a foot the door. It's not going to keep you there.
Speaker 4: Precisely, but that's what I'm saying, precisely speak to.
Speaker 5: What you just said, which is I can ope.
Speaker 4: I would say, because you are my kid, the doors can open, but when you step through, you have to do the work yourself. It doesn't matter. Yeah, of course we want to help our kids. But the other aspect of that is that if I didn't think that my kids could do this and had talent, I think I would I would do a disservice to them to encourage them to do something that they didn't have an aptitude or a talent towards. I was never that kind of parent that when my kid would scriggle a line across a piece of paper. Oh, that's the most beautiful red line I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: You're like an Indian parent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. If you create that environment for a child, you're creating an entitled kid who doesn't understand what failure is or not. Everything you do is perfect. So when they get out into the real world and when I say the real world, when they go to school and they're not praise for everything they do, what is that going to do to their self esteem their self confidence? They'll they'll fall apart the first time somebody goes, yeah, that's guess what. We're here for a job review and you're not doing well, so you better get it together. And I think they were seeing generations of kids that are entitled and that are late. And I really do sound like get off, and I'm trying so hard not to sound like that, but I think, yeah, it is incumbent for a parent to certainly to support their child. You know, I both of my parents were artists. My parents never sat me down and said you need to draw and you need to paint, but it was around me all the time. And when that's in here and and that's what I originally studied, is studying to be a fine artist, and I still paint. It wasn't really the thing that I felt passionate about. My father used to always say, you know, a career, to pursue a career in the arts is one of the most irresponsible things you can do. But if you choose to do it, there is no plan B. And that's true, but it's also it's navigating a sea of heartbreak, right. You have to endure that, so you have to have thick skin, but you also have to have, like once again what you said, you have to have passion. It has to be the thing that gets you up in the morning. You and I get up when everybody else is asleep in the city, dark dark. What I think people don't necessarily understand is it ain't all glamorous, right, I think that all the time.
Speaker 1: The actual glamour side of most of the jobs that you see is probably fifteen twenty percent. And the grind and the dirt and the brutality in the industry that you're in, it's intense and it's not for everybody. And it looks like this, oh, cushy, everything's amazing, and you guys has a better jobs, and they are great. They're great jobs, and I wouldn't want to do anything else. But I to your point about having thick skin, especially when you're an artist, your brand is you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when somebody doesn't want that and they're not interested in it, they're looking you in the face and basically saying I don't like you. Yeah, and that after a while, you can you can easily get impacted and affected by that. And I think that a lot of people don't take that into consideration too, And it's it's just a tough it's a tough dance. But when did you get bitten by the acting bug if you started with painting?
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: My mother was living in Boston one summer and she was living in the center of the city. I didn't live there, and there were no schools or anything. There were no kids that lived in the apartment building that she lived in, So I was left to my own devices, which was basically going to the cineplex or we lived. My mother lived like six blocks away from Famway Park or going and getting you know, five dollars Red Sox tickets and sitting up in the bleachers. And I think my mother. I was thirteen, and my mother went, you're not going to just go to the movies and.
Speaker 5: Go to baseball games. You need to do something.
Speaker 4: And she when I was thirteen's and she signed me up for an acting class at the Actors Workshop, which was also like four blocks away from her place. And I went, really, you know, an acting summer program, Mom, I don't I'm not interested in that. Well, I went, she said, you're going to go. You go for the day. You know, you can go and sit in on the class today and we'll make an informed decision, but I'm encouraging you to do it.
Speaker 5: And I went. By the end of the day, I was when they said, okay, well we'll see you tomorrow. I was like, that's it. I wanted more.
Speaker 4: And I spent the entire summer and doing plays in repertory at this place. And then when I went to high school, we had a really strong drama department, and so I was I was still on track to become a fine artist.
Speaker 5: You know, I was going to art school, but.
Speaker 4: I did a lot of I did a lot of productions, and after a kind of wasted year of art school, my father was pretty angry with me.
Speaker 5: He's like, great, you never went to class.
Speaker 4: And then sort of and he said, you know, what do you what do you think about? You know, what do you muse about? Is it painting? And I said no, well what is it? And I said, I think about acting. And he said, then that's what you need to do. My dad gave me seven hundred dollars, which was a lot of money, and I packed my my army Duffel bag and he said, you got to you gotta go back to New York. You need to go back home to New York. And that's what I did.
Speaker 5: No looking back, no looking back.
Speaker 1: And now your mom can't watch you in Sons of Anarchy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God rest her soul.
Speaker 1: Right, that's not bad. So I also saw, so you are did you just wrap on season three of Bosh Legacy? Yeah, so it's streaming now.
Speaker 5: No, it's streaming in I believe March of twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, But I also saw creeping through your Instagram that you just finished a movie wrapping a movie, Ricky? Is that what it was called?
Speaker 4: I did? I just did three films back to back. I did a film called Abraham's Boys, which is a quasi sequel to Dracula about Van Helsing and his sons.
Speaker 5: It was based on.
Speaker 4: A short story written by Joe Hill. And then I went and did Ricky in Connecticut and the short won many awards, very very powerful film. And so this was the feature version of Ricky and so we shot that in Hartford in July and I'm very excited about that. And then I just finished a film in Mississippi titled Hotel toront was Zachary Levi and Liam Neeson and West Chatham.
Speaker 5: Wonderful cast of actors. So I'm just trying to keep busy.
Speaker 1: So when do we see the fruits of all this labor? You said March for the streaming with Bosh Legsy and the spin off? What about these three?
Speaker 4: Those films should be coming out in twenty twenty at some point. Don't have release dates on those. I did another film called Killing Castro with al Pacino that will be coming out as well, which is a historical piece as well. It's about when Fidel Castro came to speak at the UN and connected with Malcolm X. And this was not something that the CIA or the FBI was keen on happening. So there were many assassination attempts that perpetrated by the CIA. So it's a real it's a true story, and it's a story that hasn't been told before.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited for it to get out.
Speaker 1: And that's twenty twenty five. Also, yes to a big twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Come in Big twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: And if people want to in any way connect with you, I know they can't get a hold of you directly. Do not think that you're dming with him. Where will they find you?
Speaker 4: I'm on Twitter and I'm on Instagram Titus Wellover official fan site, and then I'm just on my own handle on Twitter, and I'm out there and about there.
Speaker 1: Perfect, And I hope you have a wonderful twenty twenty five. Thank you, and thank you so much for coming and talking to me for too long about all these great things.
Speaker 5: It's a pleasure to be here. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: All right there you go, Titus well Over. You know we haven't done in a long time. We haven't done and asked me anything or a burn book. I've gotten way off topic with everything. You got someone you want to burn.
Speaker 6: Had to burn last week and I thought about it and then totally forgot to bring it up, and now I can't think about it, like I can't think of who it is.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's someone we know too.
Speaker 1: I want to burn a couple of people we know, but you already know that one and that one's too involved. We can't get into it. Oh God, at some point we will, we will, but not yet, too new, too fresh. I didn't like the torch by the way it was lit by others.
Speaker 3: Does that sound like a like a fire that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Actually, I do want to burn these people because they're calling me right now. Oh it's the place that does my eyelashes. I lesh has done last Monday. Why is there a gap over here? I don't understand, So excuse me while I burn them with word You trying to drop an in? No, because let's see if they give me a free.
Speaker 1: Not when people are messing with your eyes. Okay, that's the burn book and Diamond just walked out, So we're gonna wrap this up. If you want to get a hold of me at Baby Hot Sauce on Instagram and threads I think Twitter as well. Diamond is at Diamond Sincere andrews at Andrew Pug, all of that on Instagram and thank you for listening. We love you guys so much. This is not the last episode. We have to figure out what we're gonna do with it. Okay, see you next time.