Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Your hosts Darry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 4: Were in the Talkbot Hall of Football going up on eight two. It's the Players Lounge sponsored Bytostitos, the official chip and dip of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You are now rocking with the best.
Speaker 4: I'm Heckma Harrison and guys at the table are the players? Is my man d mac and my boy BC is up in here, sir. If somebody's booked and busy, so they pigging figgure today would be the day that they'll let us know.
Speaker 2: I'll be a little late for the show.
Speaker 4: But new he is here here, beyond here in just a minute, man, But we didn't get a chance to talk.
Speaker 2: To you, bet c.
Speaker 5: What's happening man? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: First of all, I appreciate you no perfect attendance.
Speaker 5: For Yeah, that was one of my you know, that's one of my blemishes.
Speaker 4: You gotta take your days when you got your days for all y'all out there, got your days. Man, you better start taking your days at the end of the year. Well you got to them, You got to us. You had yours hire You.
Speaker 5: Man doing good, man doing real good.
Speaker 1: Whether good outside, can't complain healthy, So you know everything damn good, everything up And though Man.
Speaker 2: I saw you yesterday, Man you was you was the only one? What about you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: You had.
Speaker 4: He ready this other boys you know, he got his representing a way, so.
Speaker 2: They coming here yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about smiling from ear to ear because Philly got beat.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that don't have nothing to do with us.
Speaker 4: And the whole day they talking about that just gives us out like we optimistic now because we saw they got a chink in their arm, and I'm like, that don't mean nothing. The only one came in here with chek and nobody said nothing about no chinking, no armor. That was you from the beginning. Whoa you didn't say that like you said that. Would you like to bet you're the one open you opened the show with chinking arm. Would you like to bet I don't want to be all right because I ain't never said man, I actually came here yes and say yesterday and said that didn't have nothing to do with us. I ain't no chinking the Armorer. They've been playing that way all year. So I'm not gonna because you know, because you know, I'm gonna because you know, I'm gonna rewind to take because that's what he loves to do.
Speaker 2: Forensic.
Speaker 4: We're gonna don't go back and don't deal with him on that level. So I didn't say check say that now. I didn't say it.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I said tomorrow man, I see tomorrow man, Man, what do you think about it? I mean, we've been talking about philing this Philly. This is how we played Philly. Obviously Sunday night, everybody's anticipating this matchup.
Speaker 2: But you was tuned in at three fifteen to that game. So I want to know.
Speaker 4: We didn't get a chance to talk to you yesterday, but tell us, man, what did you think about it?
Speaker 1: So when I looked at that game, you know, at first I was going into it. I'm like, it's about to be a matchup. This is about to be it. Like you know, you got two powerhouses in the NFC, possibly the two best in the National Football League. Going at it primetime foot of all that good stuff. In the first half it it kind of lived up to a fourteen six. I feel like Philadelphia squandered a couple, you know, red zone situations. They squandered them early on, and I kind of gave you know, the forty nine ers that wont met them to go. But when you look at them as a whole, man, I just don't see any we talk about chinks, I don't see anything.
Speaker 5: When you come to the forty.
Speaker 1: Nine ers, that's gonna be a bad matchup for anybody in the league. Maybe outside of Baltimore, that's gonna be a bad matchup. So when you look at the forty nine ers, I think, at the end of the day, it's gonna have to go through San Francisco to get where you.
Speaker 2: Want to go.
Speaker 5: And we're talking about the s Bob.
Speaker 1: If you want to get to where you need to go, it's gonna have to go through San Francisco. Because you look at it, not only does the coaching off point, you saw how they was able to confuse that Philly definey defense. They knew what was going out there. Edges weren't being said. Guys were all over the place, and I think they had a lot to do with the play design and all that good stuff. Brock Purty, that man's starting to come along. Man, Like early on it was kind of like, man, you know he got all these all pros. He ain't he's not like that. The man's making throws in the biggest of the games, you know, Dallas forty two to ten. I believe, Philly forty two nineteen. I mean, the man's making big plays. So overall, forty nine ers is where they were. I think everything's gonna have to go through. But Philadelphia, man, that that defense, that defense looked extremely suspect, especially on the back end. And it wasn't just a player here, a player there. I seen big Place Slagh getting turned around. I seen brad Berry on the other side getting beat the safeties, which I bragged about early on byed those guys. They they were Phillip hole, they were missing old. There was a lot of mistackles in that game. And you know Shaqland being there, that's that got to be an upgrade in my opinion, eventually. But when you look at it, man, that defense is extremely gettable, and the offense for Philadelphia has to play lights out in my opinion, to match up with Cowboys or the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: You know, and you sound just like I sounded yesterday, and they would shooting me down yesterday. I say, man, San Francisco is different when they're comparing what they can do to you on offense, their offensive schemes, how they play with your eyes, get you out of your gap, don't They don't allow you to sit there in because like it is, it is a totally different challenge than anything else you gonna see from anybody else around the league. And when they're healthy, I have agreed, they are the best team in the league. You are in healthforcements. This is exactly what I said yesterday. And it was like, Nah, that showed us that you can I said that we just played phillyd Ago.
Speaker 2: It didn't show us. We didn't look like that. Lamb almost had.
Speaker 4: While he's while he's rewinding the tape, lit me just say this tomorrow. Tomorrow, would you rewind the tape. My whole thing was in the matchups that I've seen the Philadelphia Eagles in, they have something in the first half they've had to They've gone into half down by seventy ten three, whatever, it is teams have let them off the hook. My thing was the forty nine ers was the one team that I knew that could come in if healthy, and not let them off the hook. And we saw that. That's my only point that a team is gonna play them for four quarters, like Philly is gonna play you for four quarters.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts has that Nick Sabing trait.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is they gonna play you for, it's gonna be a fourth quarter game. Now, the forty nineers was the only team that I saw come in there and say, I right, Poundtown, this is what we did. You know, we got Will Smith, he got nothing about no come on people, yeah, come on, But you saw what it was. I mean that second quarter, that third quarter, that fourth quarter, they were unrelenting on defense and on offense. Now, when I'm saying they look gettable, it's because a team that won't lit up on them, and that's.
Speaker 2: The way the Dallas is gonna beat them.
Speaker 4: I'm listening because I want you to go back and I want you to go through the stats that you said, because he was talking about you.
Speaker 2: See what CMC did to him, and it was betting all these yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we got that, I said, Tony Paula averaging not as much to see MC this year.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: We talked about the last time we played Philly had like fifty three yards three catches for thirteen yards, and then Heck started ratling on off stats and said, okay, I mean if you can go ahead and get ninety seven rushing at forty catching, and I said, when has he done that? A so so like, Okay, it doesn't make me feel better about Tony Paula being able to do that just because of what I saw San Francisco do, because I know what San Francisco is.
Speaker 2: Can we beat Philly? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: We left them off the hook last time we played them, But I don't always consider that letting them up the hook. They found a way to make the players at the time when we weren't able to make them. San Francisco just one of them teams where man, when they get you down, they're gonna keep you down. Shanahan is the wizard of the West Coast System. Well we agree on that, yes, okay? Will you agree that Mike McCarthy runs some variation of what is considered a West Coast system.
Speaker 1: Getting the ball out fast to moving your number one option around you, I would say, so.
Speaker 2: I agree. I know you're going with this, but you finish No, it's a variation on in all.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, Texas Coast, Texas Coast, whatever you want to call it. But the truth is is in this offense, what I believe is missing and what you don't see is that incremental production from Tony Pollard in the running game which would make everything else run smooth. Now, I'm saying this, in any especially in most offenses, short passing is just an extension of the running game.
Speaker 2: Would you agree with that? Agree? Okay?
Speaker 4: So San Antonio, I do a lot, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay? San Francisco.
Speaker 4: San Francisco's extension of their running game is so short passing game with Deebo Samuel's okay. And I think that the Cowboys do the same thing. And I'm relating this to Brandon Cooks as well, because Brandon Cooks can be that extension of the running game that you're not getting from Tony Pollard in those short passes. We hadn't been able to hit him. Well lately we've been able to do it. But expose defenses with that style of an offense, and all I'm saying, is that for Tony Pollard. To me, I just need a twenty percent boost in his production to be sure that we can go into this game and be Philly.
Speaker 5: No, no, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: I think if you if you're getting a little bit more out of Tony Poller, it'll make things easier for Dak. We talk about play action and being able to manipulate the defense, but I will say this man that the system is one thing, But Deebo Samuel, he's a different dude. I mean, you could throw a bubble screen to him and he could take it, you know, sixty five yards.
Speaker 5: On any given down.
Speaker 1: Christian McCaffrey might be the best running back in the national football one of one. So when you talk about, you know, being able to expose defense, it's also the guys in the in that system that's able to expose that. I mean, I don't see another receiver like like Deebo Samuel, like Ceede Lambs is a beast when it comes to route running catching.
Speaker 2: But when you talk about, you know, being a running back after you.
Speaker 1: Got that ball in your hands, only there's only so many cats like a Deebo Samuel. So to me, I think the system that the Cowboys got going now where it's you know, they're getting the ball out of Dak's hands quick. He's also hitting some of those Sea routes. Fergie's coming alive a little bit out there as well, and Cooks. I think that offense is enough, just Mike McCarthy, Texas Coast, whatever you want to call it, is enough to move the ball on Philly and give your team an opportunity to win. I mean, we saw a couple of weeks ago Dak was outstanding against Philly in Philadelphia, and we all know this team is a different team on the road. But when you talk about at home, I think that's when you get the best of the best. And this offense that they got right now, I think it's it's perfectly made and it will be able to move the ball against Philly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think and I agree with that because I think our offense is much different than than San Francisco's, Like, we don't San Francisco is able to do what they do because how well they're able to run the ball right right. I don't think we have that the same type of running game, but we do have Dak Prescott and the way that Dak Prescott has played since the bye week has been a way that I think that if he can sustain that and continue protecting the ball and getting the ball into his playmaker's hands and also continue extending plays using his legs, I think that is our recipe for beating any team out there in the league. I just don't think we're gonna go out there and look any anyway like San Francs. Like I said, the players make a difference and Debo is a difference maker, but that offense runs through.
Speaker 2: Christian McCaffrey, like he is the guy.
Speaker 4: Being able to catch out of the backfield have caused those matchups. He can also block in past like he can do all of it. And I think as long as you have a guy like that on your squad, then you're good.
Speaker 2: Our guy like that is Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: So it's staying on this side of the ball, I mean, from our offense to their defense. And then you talk about the weapons and there's no comparison, and nobody's trying to call Brandon.
Speaker 2: Cooks Debo tp CMC not doing that.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is with the weapons that you have, you have an opportunity against this Philly defense, which to me, like you said, that secondary looks guttible, all right, but what isn't gettable is that front.
Speaker 2: That front line. They are still stout up front.
Speaker 4: Now you have seen and my question to y'all, is is related to the offensive line and raising up to the challenge of Philadelphia's defensive front because the last time we saw them, we had a big time problem with our protection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, it's still it's still a little scary. I think.
Speaker 4: I think the positives that you can take out of our offensive line this time around is I think Tyron Smith, now with this new practice schedule, is a lot healthier and he's playing He's able to play a lot better because I think that that weight is off his shoulder, right. I think he feels a lot more comfortable in doing everything that he needs to do because he not worried about being injured. And he's also healthy as he's been in a while. All right, Tyler Smith continuing to get better. I still like the hottish I watched the Philadelphia defensive line and they didn't look anything unstoppable when they played against San Francisco, So I'm still comfortable there I think the issue that we had was a Terren Steel issue last time. And I'm hoping that, like Terren Steel has done in the past when he's had a bad outing, had a bad season, that he went back into the lab no pun intended, and he worked with the offensive line coach and they said, hey, man, this is what you got to do to get better. Right, you got ten days. Right, you played on Thursday, we play on Sunday. You got ten days. We need to figure out how to get you better. So we don't have that same type of issue when we go into the game. And I believe that, though it may not be one hundred percent better, he's going to be more stout than he was in the previous So you believe I do, Karen still in this matchup with Sweat, I believe he will be better than he was last time.
Speaker 1: And I believe they'll do a better job coaching, Like I don't think if they Sweats starting to go crazy, Like, I don't think they're just gonna leave he still on the island like they did in the previous game. And we all saw that last drive. I mean, the man was getting beat him for whatever reason. There was no chipping of the running back, chipping of the tight end. They kind of left him out there on the island, which we saw was devastating overall. So I feel like, not only will t still you know, I don't know, be in the right space, whatever the case may be, and he'll he'll perform better, but I believe that they won't leave him on an island as well. I think McCarthy has done a great job coaching so far, especially offensively, and I don't think he'll let one guy, you know, ruin the entire thing.
Speaker 5: I think they're going to help him out a lot on that edge. So overall I'm in it.
Speaker 1: I went and deviate too far from the game plan that they had last time. But I do think those two guys in the middle for Philadelphia, you're talking about Jordan Davis and who's the young guy from from the rookie from Alabama, Jalen Carter.
Speaker 5: I do believe that they'll create a little bit of problem in there.
Speaker 1: Like Beyonna, he's playing well, but those two guys, man, they create a lot of early penetration. So I can see us getting you know, Dak prescoing on the edge using his legs or getting Tony Pollard out on the edge in that regard. But I like the game plan they did last time, and be honest with you, I mean, and they put up a lot of points. But what's happening minus the fact that Brandon Cooks was not looked at it? Well yeah, okay, yeah, because as much as you getting helped by bringing the tight end in or or somebody to chip and all that stuff like, you're able to do that if you have more than one person who was going off in the game. All right, If Ceedee Lamb and Brandon Cooks are options out there for you to say, hey man, both these dudes are eating and we can throw about any one of these guys at any time, right, and defense has to respect that. Then you have an opportunity to move that tight end in and then chip because you don't necessarily have to have him in the route because you got two guys out there, possibly three guys out there that's cooking, and you can afford to say, hey man, you stay here, make sure that he has some help before you release out into your route. So throw, throw, throw Brandon Cooks to get him involved.
Speaker 4: Wwever you gotta do it out of the backfield screen pass whatever it is.
Speaker 2: He ain't debo, But I'm telling you speed wins speed kills in the NFL.
Speaker 4: I watched Tyree Hill go out there and do what he did because I played against him in both My fantasy leader went out there and kill me in both though. All right, I seen the man motion across, get down in a squat position, and everybody know he's about to run deep like he just coming out of the blocks, and they ran.
Speaker 2: He ran straight by every time.
Speaker 4: Now, why you kill me? Why you kill me when I talk about Tony Pollard and c mc vein, and then you take no no, I said no, no, no, no, you preface your statement. I said speed, But I said speed, okay, not but your tight player for what I see. But then you took this that's not the same. Oh no, you're talking about different. You're talking about the player I'm talking about it.
Speaker 2: He is this guy right here. You lost, girl. You are in the wrong profession, brost.
Speaker 4: You just want to argue it's Tyring Hill fast. Yes, it's Brandon Cooks fast.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's that's what I'm talking about. Their ability to run rouse and do all that playing. I'm just talking about when how fast they are you you win, because I'm gonna win on this on this foolish.
Speaker 2: Were talking about.
Speaker 4: Now, I know y'all got a chance to look at the tape and just at the defense for Philadelphia. Who is the guy that you're circling this guy and saying, look, opportunity goes right through.
Speaker 2: This is what you gotta go. Three? Who is the nickelback?
Speaker 5: He he just does not.
Speaker 2: Know his name? All right, we need to make the announcers.
Speaker 4: We got Sidney Brown, who's twenty one, know him? Uh, said Bradley Roby, who fifteen with the nine. I'm just saying the announcers should know his for for the treatment that these teams have come in here and tried to put on twenty six, I'm saying, so you know we've been watching this for the last few games.
Speaker 2: Hey man, we're gonna find the run playing. We're gonna see it. He's coming. All right.
Speaker 4: That should be the same treatment that we give three nine this week. Wherever he lined up at, that person should be. But what Chad kissed the bak? It should be work coming his way. Elive Ricks Ricks, he lives. It should be a Eli Ricks type of day. Yeah, because if it's not. If it's not, then you're doing yourself for dis service because we just watched We just watched it, and we watch every other team in the league say hey, man, we're gonna make sure that we have this matchup in our favorite and then we're gonna take advantage of it. And Nickel and as far as the Nicola is concerned, that would be ca CD.
Speaker 2: Lines up inside everywhere, but.
Speaker 4: That would be primarily which receiver would be on thirty nine, thirty nine slot slot. So the cooks, yeah, I mean, either one of them has been doing a lot, so yeah, take turns on them. But I'm putting CD there all day and you're gonna have to figure out figure out a way to double team him in the slot and then leave Brandon Cutz, Michael Gallup whoever that is turping out there one on one, and then you got to see if.
Speaker 2: They if they can win those matchups.
Speaker 1: Because everybody's been destroying Eli Rix. I mean, it's just not good. It's everybody. You look at it, You're like, man, who's thirty nine? How they let him back in the game.
Speaker 2: Who's this thirty nine falling?
Speaker 5: And it's Eli Rix?
Speaker 4: What's your opinion of James brad Bear as a corner. What do you think about him? I think he's solid. I think he's a solid corner like I think he get. He takes the ball away, not as great as a Bland, but he'll give you about three to four interceptions a gear.
Speaker 1: He's usually tasked with either the number one or the number two. I've received because Slay doesn't travel. He don't travel, so he's could go against one of the number one guys each and every time and has he gotten burned?
Speaker 2: Of course he has.
Speaker 1: Every corner is gonna get theirs, but I think more times than not, you know, he's shown up in games and he's been able to play, so I think he's a solid corner man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's solid. I'm gonna say this, you know, and you know, you know you're gonna see what you gotta say. I think that Philly secondary is solid. I think they ran into a buzzsaw last week, and I think the same thing happened with.
Speaker 2: Us the week before.
Speaker 4: Or Geno Smith came in here looked like he was the best quarterback in the league. I still think they have some guys who could make some players out there I think we are better than them offensively. I think that our skill positions Ceedee Lamb, Brandon Cooks and the other guys who will say I think that we are better than them, and I think that is a matchup where I'm giving us the nod when you get into the game on Sunday, y'all, let's take our first break. Let's take our first break and come back, and then let's let's go over to the other side of the battle. I want to talk about this defense because man, so much has been made about that Seattle matchup in all the yards that we cave up. Coming up next on the Players Lounge, it's.
Speaker 6: The official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 6: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: That's get Jack Black dot com.
Speaker 6: Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: Wants to ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool I Sae or fatalya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what.
Speaker 5: It truly means to be a boss.
Speaker 7: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in Blue Star or a lone Star for that matter. And there's no eye in How about them cowboys? Smeerenough Nos, There's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks over away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly back to the players lounge.
Speaker 4: Get a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his cowboy theme cottage in the Star District through December twenty fourth. Book your visit before December ninth and save five dollars with Cold Star five. Visit the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa for more information.
Speaker 2: And look look.
Speaker 4: Maybe back in here o brother neuie look at good? So they must he must have did Real TV Today, What Real TV Today?
Speaker 2: Come? We ain't never seen that jacket before that.
Speaker 5: One, never seen that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: What have you got on you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right right.
Speaker 5: Craig Melvin, Today's show came down to interview Dak Prescott. So since we're in NBC Affilly, they're like, Craig is here? Can you interview Craig the preview the upcoming interview on Friday? So we did it and it's Dak Prescott talking about cancer screenings. Obviously, remember he lost his mom to it. Craig Melvin lost his brother to it. And so this shows you the kind of guy he is. You know, even in the midst of a year where he's co leading Brock Purty for the m v P, he wants to take time till people get themselves checked out. Says a lot about the dude. Man we all know. And I was telling Craig, I was like, when you cover him like we do, and you know about the man, when you hear the criticism that he gets, you just kind of you just shake your head. It's just like, you know, guys, this this dude deserves an applause for all he's been through the doing what he's doing. In life as a person and as a man. I got a lot of respect like we all do this table, and a lot of respect for for Dak Prescott. But it's just good to see nationally him getting credit being the Walter Payton Man of the Year. So that was school's I was doing.
Speaker 2: So apologize what what time? And when is that air?
Speaker 5: So it's going to uh air Friday morning, Friday, it's gonna air.
Speaker 4: And I saw a little video of him giving d Law He's surprised d Law was Walter played Walter Payton.
Speaker 2: Man of the Year nomination of this year.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was it was because we know d Law when first got drafted, and to see da where he is now is great and it's great to see a guy like Dak be able to to give him that surprise, because I mean that who else would do it?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 5: We all understand and know that these guys come in as very young men, but the public judges them as though they're full grown adults. And you're, you know, better than all these different things. And d Law has uh he's grown into a great family man. And you guys played with him, and heck, you know you d Law has been getting baptisting me for a long time and it just doesn't get highlighted. And and it's good to see. When I saw Dak do that, I was like, man, I'm really happy because I ended up talking him this summer training camp just about the different things he's been doing around here because I wanted that highlighted as well. We and I'll raise my hand in the meat. He being a personal TV. We quit to sit up here and talk about what guys don't do right or if they do something wrong. We never equalize the hey, here's what you're doing good part. We never do that. So so that was really cool to see that for for d Law And then that interview by the way, I do a crag. I think got air on Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: On Thursday and Friday Thursday.
Speaker 4: It's our brother Nui with another Emmy on the way. A couple of couple.
Speaker 1: Fifteen now almost man, we twelve after this, you know it's gonna be We trust that, you know, back them up.
Speaker 5: But you know we got our boy Kyle Yeomans that one. I kept telling you to do it. You wouldn't do it, man, You need to get up in there.
Speaker 2: You do it for him. That's bet I did it myself.
Speaker 5: I think of this now. I told Kyle to do it. Isaiah got on it on the train, Hailey got on it.
Speaker 4: All they all have it coming, all they all want.
Speaker 5: And this man, this man is right here doing he's been working on the same sense with them. Could have been you, because that's true, Man's true. He said, you never know, man, I might jump in there. You never know, You never know.
Speaker 4: That's how you're gonna walk to walk to his wine cellar and get him a fifty year old wine.
Speaker 5: Get me back to Toledo, you know, show the boys.
Speaker 1: You know, I wonder if if it's still forty two, I don't know, that's probably a little bit more they're dropping for you.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, I'm happy you said that about that being co leading for m v P with Rock Party, and you know, because I know a lot of people always say nobody gives that any credit for doing anything. That's been playing well. And I've been seeing Dak get credit for playing well this season. And I hope they not just building them up to knock him down. I hope that, you know, No, no, no, no, I hope I hope that got that pen. Did he talk about that he's writing a story with in these next few games that we play. Heeps, hey man, stamp it right here. Hey bro I'm here and I'm playing against all competition, no matter the horrible team like the Giants when they came here, or if it was the top nots team that we that we will be playing in the month of December, I am still here and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 5: Stand on that for a minute, and I forgot because you dove all lost on them. They fell away with that one. You know, the number one seed is in the AFC. Now Miami, they're on the schedule. So the Cowboys have Philadelphia on Florid, Buffalo, Detroit. You got first place, you know, the first place, number one seed, Miami dog number when you've got Detroit, who's right there with the Cowboys. So the ability to lock up the MVP, even if he ties it with Brock Purty, you know the votes are going to be there. He has the opportunity to make the statement to close the show. And that's what you got to do in these types of these types of contests. Here, you know you got a clue when you don't remember what you did at the end, because it's the most recent thing. So he's got the opportunity.
Speaker 4: That I hope he I hope he does too, man, But the noise is starting to get loud, and so I want him to keep keep them same receipts, keep.
Speaker 2: That same energy that they had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, they have to, they have to because he ain't played Nobody do.
Speaker 2: This, bro.
Speaker 4: While we always got hey man, hey, listen. Last year, Okay, the man led the league in interception. People talked about it a lot, as they should. Okay, he came back this year and the offense. Look, look, however, you look in the first few games and we were sitting there saying we aren't sure, we aren't sure. Okay, he was efficient under two hundred yards pass and we weren't sure. They came out of the out of the by week and he's looked totally different. So now he gets the amen. You'll protect in the ball, you leaning touchdowns, and you the co MVP. Hopefully the rest of the season, you play it out and you get some dubs and you win the MVP. I think that is fair to say. Let's talk about it. Dude ain't playing well. He ain't playing well. If he's playing good, but damnit, he's playing good. Let's talk about something to make you happy. I'm happy. Let's go to dan Quinn. All right, let's go to dan Quinn and this defense, and dan Quinn we trust, and dan Quinn we trust.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right right now?
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, coming into this Philadelphia matchup, guys, what's imperative to you as guys that placed it, played in the secondary, played defense? Uh, what's important to you guys coming into this match?
Speaker 1: I think the number one factor going into this matchup is, especially with this defense, you gotta get that pass rush going again. I mean, I think that was the main difference what we saw when they played against Seattle, which Gino Smiff was well, I'm not saying he had all day back there, but he was able to step up in that pocket and make some big time throws. That's something that we haven't seen from an offense going against a dan Quinn defense since, you know, probably last year. So I think this pass rush has got to get better. Because as good as that secondary is, and you got Gilmore, you got Bland, lead and lead all that interception stuff. I think they benefit a lot out of having that that great pass rush. I mean when I was going when we were at the number one defense, you know, we had a great secondary, but what led that team was that defensive pass rush and forcing a quarterback to get it out fast and making sure oh man, I just wanted down to it's like a hot potato. So I think this defense benefits a lot when they have those guys getting after the quarterback. And I think that's what they got to get back to when you go against you know, the Eagles in this situation, you got to get back to rushing the passer and making sure he feels you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that, and I think we got to cover better because I think Gino had like one of the fastest like time to throws that game, Like he was able to get get the snap, get it out of there, and those those short passes were turning into very long passes, very like big time plays. And when you aren't able to stop the big time plays, those exposive plays, then you find yourself in trouble like we did, DK Medcalf, Tyler Lockett. Then all of a sudden, everybody's rolling. Now everybody's they juice up and they ready to go. You got to be able to stop those big time plays yards after the catch. And then also for me, hey, whatever Philly is, we know that they want to run the ball, thank you, So for us, you gotta stop the run. That's where it starts at. Stop Jalen, stop us Swift, stop game. Well, stop all these guys running the ball making one dimensional and then let your defensive line get out there and do what they do best.
Speaker 5: Talking about the run, Philly had one hundred yards of rushing on thirty three carries, average three point three yards of tote in that game at the link when which they won twenty eight twenty three. By the way, the Cowboys average three point five yards, but they only had seventy three yards rushing. And another thing we got to add on this to the penalties, guys, the penalties. You know, we could talk all day. Let me about both sides.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Cowboys had ten penalties in that game against Philadelphia had nine penalties last week. They can't beat themselves the pre snap penalties, jumping off sides, not reporting ineligible to the referees. This is in point of emphasis that Mike McCarthy and the coordinators have to drill home this week. You are not going to beat the Eagles by by allowing them to have a first down because you didn't jumped downside on a third two. You can't do that in this game.
Speaker 4: And it was weird that I saw Philly in that situation a lot, just lining up in the neutral zone penalties like that. But you're right, man, Dallas. That last game versus Seattle was an ugly game for US penalty wise. But I'm I'm opposite of you guys when it comes down to what the importance is, and you kind of hit on it what you said in the ladder, but I just feel like you have to shut them down. You have to shut this running game down. The attention to detail has to be in shutting Swift down because he gets everything when their balance is there. That's where it just looks like Jalen Hurts has click everything is working for him. He wants to hey, it's third and long, he gets to shuffle out and get a first down.
Speaker 2: Because you're worried about so much, and it's hard to.
Speaker 4: Go off of this San Francisco game with the defense because Greenlaw and Warner like it'd be fools goal for me to assume that bail and don't I don't want on that bail.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bro. I've been waiting for you to say something like this for two days.
Speaker 4: I would hate there be foods go if I would assume that Bell and Clark would be the same on the equivalent of it's gonna have to be. What San Francisco did was they just basically said, you're not gonna run the ball, We're gonna take that away. Forty eighteen carries forty six yards. They shut it down. And I think that's how you make them one dimensional?
Speaker 1: Was one of y'all just meask all this, you know what do you think would hurt this defense more?
Speaker 5: The running game or the big plays?
Speaker 1: And I understand it kind of works as far as play action and all that stuff, But you know what hurt this team against Seattle, it was it was big time play, big chunk plays back there. So would you rather have a guy like Swift go for one hundred and twenty five or give up three hundred and seventy five yards passing in four tubs off of a big plays instead of like a gradually making them work for it to get down the field. That's the only thing with you, because when I look at this team outside of that you know, Arizona game, and it was it the forty nine Ers game. The run hasn't really destroyed this Cowboys defense this year. It hasn't really destroyed it. We say teams are getting away from it a really fast and that's kudos to what they're able to do and stopping it early.
Speaker 5: But it hasn't really.
Speaker 2: Gashed his team, Hugh Arizona did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, outside of the Arizona game. Yeah, So to me, it's big plays. It's big plays and making sure you got a cap on that.
Speaker 1: I look at what the forty nine ers did or the Philly did against the forty nine ers when those first two three series it was all shot down the field. It was trying to get that big play started. They realized they couldn't get the big play. They try to run the ball, but that time it was too late.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 1: Y'all, would you rather have the gradual run or the big plays you got to if you gotta stop one.
Speaker 4: Like our offense is playing in a way now where it makes me nervous if we can't stop the run and the team is able to keep you off of the field right and get those long drives to where all of a sudden, one three and out gets you in trouble, like, oh, three and out. Now they go on another nine play drive and they put up some points. Now you fourteen points down and you're trying to figure out what to climb back in the game. What I don't want to do is have those ten plus play drives repeatedly, have our defense on the field session and all of a sudden, like every every offensive possession now is one where you gotta go down there and score because we can't figure out a where to get them outfit. That makes me nervous. Those big plays, them hurt, man them hurt. But if our offense is rolling, I'd rather have a shootout where we're just going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Then like, hey, like defense, what we doing? What were doing that?
Speaker 4: That's that's where I kind of stand on that. But I do feel you on the that's I mean, Church, that's a great point. And obviously it's just death by a thousand cuts which way you want to?
Speaker 2: All right? Do you want them to run the ball, take a ball, control field position, all of that.
Speaker 4: You never get an opportunity to get your offense back on it because they got those slow methodical drives or do you want to give up you know, four or five five yards on first down, bring up second and short in which we've seen them being able to do, get a bunch of yards and put us our defense and dan Quinn's play calls and ability in a bad situation. But either way, we got a couple more days for your other boys.
Speaker 5: That at one point in time, they played the Patriots and it was a twenty six to twenty eagle win. They ran the ball and that was really what ended up. They they both basically at the same time possession, but they ran the ball, and Bill Belichick ran the ball against them too. I just think that's what they want to do. They want to go ahead, shorten the football game and then hit you with a you know, hit you with DeVante or hit you at aj Brown on a big play. But that whole thing is based on them running. And that to me is if you shut that thing down, I'll take my chances with everything else. And you know what, make Hurts pass, get a lead, make a pass, and let's see what he has. He had. Remember he got hurt the last game. We don't know exactly where he's going to be and I could tell you as a DeAndre Swift fantasy football manager, dude that had it and healthy. He wasn't where he was.
Speaker 4: So let's take our last break, all right, take our last break when we come back. Now, you got to give us a little inside on what Jerry said today about one Shaq Leonard coming up next on the Players Lounge.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what.
Speaker 5: It truly means to be a boss.
Speaker 7: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig. That was Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a Cool III or Fatalia bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 6: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped, He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Right the twenty twenty four NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over or Orlando, and the roster is up to you. Cast your ballot for the twenty twenty four Pro Bowl Game. Vote and send your favorite Cowboy players to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC showdown this February. Vote now at Pro Bowl dot Com slash vote. None of our guys will be there. Vote, none of my guys will be there. Vote for Tire Smith show. Yeah, I gotta feel it. Gotta see. Hey, you see how you start selling? How many problems can we give Tier Smith today? Game?
Speaker 2: At least? Yeah, So you came in with the foolers and talking about ud. I saw the look. I saw the look out a corner. You look right there like this.
Speaker 4: You're right when you walked in here. We was giving Tyres praise in the world. Players Lounge is going down. Neui's back. He came right in here with the foot. As soon as he's happens, I'm voting.
Speaker 2: Danny. Then he thought he had to. I didn't. I'm not trusting on camera. I'm just trusting on camera. I'm glad you. I'm glad you.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to make sure my god nobody goes to can't take him in that role.
Speaker 2: Man. Now look at him next time.
Speaker 5: We all know that's what powers lying. The next.
Speaker 4: The Players Lounge is back, sponsored by Tosto new He scrugs, is in the building, is here, Barry Church is here. I'm merely heck Hector Harrison.
Speaker 2: Right, I got more respect.
Speaker 9: Was good?
Speaker 5: You came trying to shoot some slow Yeah, I'm talking about something I've been talking about saying something.
Speaker 2: Nobody saying. I'm both for seventy.
Speaker 4: Seven, all right, him and Luca something So Jerry said on one O five to one O five three the Fan about Shaq Leonard. It was never a financial issue at all. That was never that wasn't the case in any way. He wanted to go where he thought he had the best chance. And again I honor and recognize his decision.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I ain't putting too much into that.
Speaker 1: You know, I think he's saying Shock feels he has the best chance to win, and now you know Jerry.
Speaker 5: Feels that way, So I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't put too much into it. You know, Shock chose that side, and you know he chose that SiGe chose that. You won't choose your side. Got the brus They got three They got three cues up there. Man, I'm sure they made him feel at home and said come on here. And the the.
Speaker 5: Hardcore truth is based on what Jerry said and based on the history. Right now, Philadelphie does time proof of consistency. They have got it right now. If you're saying, who do you trust to give you a better shot to win right now, you have to say Philadelphia based on time proof of consistency.
Speaker 2: There it is putting your feet in Shock Leonard's shoes like you should be.
Speaker 9: You chop on that side, man, I tell you what, man, I'll tell you got the family members, and.
Speaker 2: I'll just ask you that you ain't right. My name name Shaq, and I played for the Game Boy. I know when I walked up in it.
Speaker 4: If I would have walked up into the Star, all right, and I saw all this stuff around here, I'm a Texas boy, all that stuff, there wasn't no way I.
Speaker 2: Was getting up out it. He wouldn't leave it, nah, because this this is what I know.
Speaker 4: And I've always said this, last year's team and results have nothing to do with this current year, all right. So yes, Philly did go to Super Bowl last year, all that stuff. Things changed all the time, all right. So and I'm biased because I played for the Cowboys and I know what we have here. I know everything that's around here. I know texts, I know all that stuff. So for me, it's a little different. If he felt that way, then he felt that way. The good thing about it is in a few days we get to see everybody get the opportunity to say, yeah about that, about that chance you thought you had, player or he leaving the door open and say if it don't work out there, bro, we really like it, you come on back. Because we know that that deal is short. What kind of checklist would you have made? I mean as far as like coaches like to finalize your decisions as a free agent, being able to make that decision.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're talking about like free free agency. Yeah, go to the highest better. It didn't go to I ain't.
Speaker 5: I ain't get none of that, but.
Speaker 2: It wasn't but it wasn't the money issue. So so now where you're at.
Speaker 1: So if it's not a money issue, then there's no you know, I've been all around all except for for Vegas, but I haven't been there yet.
Speaker 5: But there's there's no facilities like there is here.
Speaker 1: Like it's there's not even close to what they got here. With the Cowboys, you're talking about first class mills, every traveling anywhere anywhere. There's just there's nothing like it here. So man, if you're going by just that, then you got to come here. But like for me, what you wanted me to say something, I ain't saying nothing different.
Speaker 2: I love the Cowboys right here. That tell me coming in, You know.
Speaker 4: What it's a problem for me to respect Jalen Hurts. Is that an issue? Everybody got a problem with me saying that I respect what Jalen Hurts has been.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy quarterback.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta hate them because I played for the Cowboy and don't you don't have noh, he not beating me.
Speaker 2: Crowd out there.
Speaker 5: I'm with you. I'm with you one hundred percent. Look and if anything, they should show the Cowboys and Jerry. Okay, here's even right. You need to push yourself back into that conversation because there was a time when it was not a choice. It was the Cowboy. If the Cowboys call, you went there, the Niners call, you went there. It's not that way anymore. So how do you get it back that way? You got to go out and win, Go out and take this thing and show people, all right, boom, here's the respect. I just watched it with the Texas Rangers. You know what, they got respect now, and that's how you go get go take it. That whole thing is like, go take it. The same thing for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You got them this week.
Speaker 5: They're here. This is a this is a a must dog on win game.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, that's what we need to do. We gotta get the shirts to say go take it. We need to go take your shirts off.
Speaker 5: Your next door in Army's just going there. Hey guys, it was lucking around.
Speaker 2: Here, So hey, a question for y'all, will we get out here?
Speaker 4: What is the price going up for serviceable backup quarterbacks based off what you saw last like because usually like it was like, hey man, your back up quarterback, especially what if Matt Castle was here and your backup quarterback in in and you know, the whole season's over with. But then lately you've been seeing backup quarterbacks get in the game and be able to then keep their teams in the game and then playoff condition as well.
Speaker 2: So them backup.
Speaker 4: Quarterback positions that you used to have where the dudes used to be like I'm gonna sit back here for five six years, you know, and just collect my check. Those days are on their way out of the door.
Speaker 5: I say no, because we all saw what Cooper Rush did for Dak last year. There were no office for him. Yeah, this guy came back here. I was surprised. I thought he'd be gone. So clearly this league is full of some folks who truly don't know what they're doing as far as personnel evaluations. Because when I seeing the quarterbacks that are rolling up, like who and Cooper Rush. You saw what he did on Sunday night football beat a dog on good Minnesota team on a Sunday night. I mean, this guy's got it and it's not just one He's done it over several years and he's been developed by Mike McCarthy here. Why wouldn't you go get him? I don't know, I do I do that, especially the Giants. Giants had him one years, you had him one Year's true, but so I don't. I don't think they're smart enough. But I'll say this, boy, if you're a Cowboy fan, be happy with what they've done with Cooper Rush. And if Cooper Rush decides to leave after the season, you should feel good that they're they're trying to progress with Trey Lance in the same way they did with Cooper Rush. They got a good program as far as developing quarterbacks around here, and that even goes back to Dak Prescott. They know they don't have develop some quarterbacks around here well.
Speaker 4: And it ain't bad to step into a situation where you got t Higgins and Jamar Chayes. I mean, I'm just saying when you step into a situation like that, that will make you look good Man as pretty mister eve Elevant he stepped in.
Speaker 5: Look at what he does got him off for the VP anyway.
Speaker 4: And also my man Jalen Hurst, it's just Tuesday. It's just Tuesday. We got everybody can't do it. They make you believe that everybody can do it.
Speaker 2: They do it.
Speaker 4: Everybody. Everybody can't do it. Church and hey on behalf of everybody on the show. I think your quarterback takes we go. We're gonna have tole jail with you. Man.
Speaker 2: Let's go. That's the players. We'll see. We'll see y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Check us out the
Speaker 3: New This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.