Speaker 1: You'll go come.
Speaker 2: Transmitting.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome to Monday show Morning Studio Morning. Today's Veterans Day. So later on the Air Force band will be here, which is super cool. They came in last year and played they're in the Air Force and they're really good and they do like a medley of all this service academies. It's awesome. So that's later a Veterans Day history lesson time. Sure, yeah, thank you have a seat. Professor Bones is here? Why you clean your throat? I want to just getting ready to got my pen and everything. Got it. Veterans Day began as Armistice Day, marking the end of World War One. Armistice Day became an official US holiday in nineteen thirty eight, dedicated to world peace and honoring World War One veterans. Nineteen fifty four, then World War Two, in the Korean War. Because of the multi wars, Congress renames it Veterans Day to recognize all all US military veterans, regardless of the war or conflict they served in. Now though they've modified it, you did not have to serve in a war, because back then everybody served in a war. Yeah, Like if you were in the military for about forty years you were in a war, because we were in a war. Not all times, but like every eight or nine years, there's another war.
Speaker 2: So even if you just stay stayed side, but you're in the military veteran, yes, got it because everybody contributes towards what's happening.
Speaker 3: Couldn't said it better myself, and I didn't say it, You said it okay like that. There is a difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Now, Veterans Day, which is observed on November eleventh, honors all US military veterans, both living and decease, who have served in the Armed forces at any time, both war and peace. That's what we're doing now. Now Memorial Day is in May, and the difference is that is more of a serious, even somberly dedicated day because that honors people who died in service to the country. Veterans today, happy Memorial Day, sad and happy sad because they died serve in the country, but happy that we get to have the liberties we have because of the people that gave up. That sounds like I'm doing ligreen Wood, God bless America. I'm not purposefully recording lyrics, but it's Veterans Day, and all the veterans out there like, we appreciate you. Man, it's just it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Make sure if you know one just said I'm a quick text.
Speaker 3: I didn't have the guests to do it, to text somebody, Nope, to serve. Oh, I'm a yellowbelly right as they used to say back in the cowboy days. I was scared to death. So glad that there are people out there that are able to do what I am absolutely petrified to do. I don't want to. I don't want to fight in high school much less true. So thank you all. Either here, are you on your artists who are veterans? Yes? Okay, can you name it?
Speaker 2: I guess I was trying to think. Craig Morgan, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, he's in now too, He's back in Okay, so Craig Morgan. Craig Morgan's song would be like wake up or at his International Hut National Yeah, US Army. He had previously served seventeen years in the Army and Army Reserve. Okay, that's one. I can just give you all the ones I got. Zach Bryan, you know he was in. He's not on this list here, but yes, he was in really yeah, I didn't know that. I went straight. Yes. George Strait US oh Joshua Grayson George Straight serving in the Army from nineteen seventy one to nineteen seventy five as an entryman and attained the rank of corporal. He was stationed in Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. Zach Bryant served in the Navy for seven years as an aviation ordnanceman.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Johnny Cash, US Air Force whoa served as a radio operator in the Air Force during the Korean War. Chris Christofferson rest in peace. US Army. He was a former Army ranger and helicopter pilot. Willie Nelson US Air Force. Know that Willie served in the US Air Force in the early nineteen fifties. He originally wanted to be fighter pilot, had back issues, but was deemed too absent minded as a trainee. Was an artist. Take so a happy Veterans Day. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of a sin boy, ann of a sin bar.
Speaker 1: There's a question to be because.
Speaker 3: The man, Hello, Bobby Bones. I borrowed a friend's car over the weekend while mine was in the shop. It's an old beater. The beggars can't be choosers, right. Well, I got a flat and discovered there was no spare. Who doesn't carry a spare? When I couldn't reach my friend, I simply had the car towed and a new tire put on, because they said the tire was so bad it could not be repaired. When I finally got ahold of her, she didn't seem surprised or even sympathetic, and made no mention of sharing the cost of the tow and new tire. I'm broke, she knows it. I was expecting to pay for the toe, but she'd have to pay for the new tire. She never mentioned the car at bad tires. Would love to hear opinions. Thanks signed spare tire Tina. That's weird. Oh yeah, is that even a friend at all? Maybe use that friend a friend at all?
Speaker 2: If the tire's bad that you have to or the tires are bad that you have to pay for the toe, I.
Speaker 3: Think she, in her mind, is choosing a compromise.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, that sounds like a valibe, but also like I just feel like if.
Speaker 3: And again they both could and probably and most friends, if they're broke, they usually broke together. You hang around with black, so maybe the friends just so broke too. She doesn't want to jump in and be like I can also help, Like tires sucked to buy anybody to buy tires recently? Not recently, No, because it's that's never one you like to do, because you don't plan on doing it. It's like a refrigerator. You never just get so excited to go buy a fridge. Yeah, and tires are not cheap, not cheap, annoying. You don't even feel like it's anything new, Like nothing feels new about getting new set of tires, right, Okay, so to spare a tire, Tina, that sucks for you. It sucks that your friend has not jumped that she may not have the means to feel like she can jump in.
Speaker 2: It is an awkward nay, now there's a brand new tire.
Speaker 3: I know. I think the conversation is a question. I think the question is this, Hey, I paid for the new tire on your car. Your other tire was really bad. How do you want to split this? I don't think it's confrontational or you didn't pay me or I did. I think it's just asked that question and let the answer from her dictate your next step. Because you you go and you confront her, you put her on her heels. It's probably not gonna in Well, you're not gonna get anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't envy her being in this situation at all.
Speaker 3: This is a question ask to get an answer because you want some money. Because you pay, you should get all the money for the tire, but you're not going to get it. By how she's acting, you're already not going to get it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then you get to decide how to move forward with your friendship after this.
Speaker 3: And hey, I know money's tight. It's tight for me as well. And thank you so much for the car. And I don't you know I paid for How do you want to split this? I'm happy to pay for part of it. You can even say that I'm happy to pay for part of.
Speaker 2: It, because again, you were letting me use your car.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that takes some of the edge and the accusation feeling off the owner of the car. But that sucks. And if she says she's not paying for any of it, you guys gonna be friends anymore. It's true, I want to be frind with someone like that. Yeah, good luck spare tire Tina. But I would approach it with a question, a soft question that leads her to give you an answer without her feeling like she's being accused or having a finger pointed at her. Good luck with that one.
Speaker 5: That suck.
Speaker 3: That's a good one though. Glad it ain't meet It could have been me at one point in my life. But right now, all right, close you up. There's a voicemail we got from.
Speaker 1: Denver Good Morning Studio.
Speaker 6: I just finished the Wednesday show on the podcast.
Speaker 1: And thanks for making.
Speaker 2: It all games all day.
Speaker 6: I wanted to avoid the news and all of the media coverage that was going on after just the long day of.
Speaker 2: Listening and thinking politics. So that's really bright in my day.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thanks you welcome. And also you can still go up and listen to that podcast because it's what they call evergreen. We also invented a lot of new games on that Wednesday show podcast, some that'll stay forever, something will never touch again. But I go check out Wednesday's Bobby Bone Show podcast. It was all games all day, All right, give me the next one.
Speaker 6: Right, Hey, guys, I think Amy's in such a funky mood this week because she had a day last weekend and it went well. And I bet she's in love. I think that's the reason for her personality change this week.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of calls about your personality change.
Speaker 2: What really?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, very aggressive? Aggressive, But that's the reason. That's the theory. Interesting the theory.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you think about that.
Speaker 3: You're in love? Is that the theory?
Speaker 2: Well do you think about that, Bobby?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really have a theory. I just no, I don't. Will you know me, I don't feel like I've been aggressive.
Speaker 3: Guys different it's fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm feeling the I mean, it feels a little bit like fun for you.
Speaker 3: But man, we're all in the like having to get her yellow cards on the Star Games.
Speaker 2: Okay, so feisty pile of stories. So the New York Posts had an article about a woman who is mom to eight dolls and she breastfeeds them.
Speaker 3: Well, she's the mom to eight dolls. Yeah, she just holds it up to her and nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Well, to be clear, they breastfed, but now she bottle feeds them. I don't know. She calls herself an adoptive mom, and she has them in a stroller. They're realistic type dolls, so maybe their mouths like I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna ask. Do they make the sucking like because because some of those dolls do drink out of a bottle and yeah, it's weird. I feel sad for her because I mean she obviously there's there's a gap boyd in her life and she's using those dolls. You guy should watch Chump Crazy. Oh wait, is that it's the Monkey Show?
Speaker 2: Do they breastfeed?
Speaker 3: No, it's just people with the boy. I mean they just use those people people, not even just those on the show, Like they adopt monkeys chimpanzees and raise them like babies. It's wild.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean she they have a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Like they look real though. Yeah, they all look very real.
Speaker 2: She takes them to parks, they follow a daily routine, she dresses them. They are dead by seven.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for her. Yeah, so I'm wrong with the right. Well I feel bad for Yes, there's a void like there's something. Yes, I feel bad for him. All right, what else I may just said?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, Okay, let's move on to something more exciting, like, if you want to be rich, yes, you know what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Make money, work hard, strategize, get quality people around you, win the lottery. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: A new study found that having wealthy friends increases your likelihood of doing things like investing in stocks and having a savings account. So if you want to be rich, have root trends.
Speaker 3: That's not Yeah, that sounds very easy if you live where they're rich people. There were no, there's nobody rich where I grew up.
Speaker 2: That's true, you're rich.
Speaker 3: There's one person out a in ground swimming pool. We thought he was a million dollar man. We were like, we could not believe Laramie has an in ground swimming pool and he didn't live in Mountain Pine. He lived out of Mountain Pine, like on the edge where he could have also gone to Lake Hamilton. And we were like, there's crazy as then in ground swimming pool. That's that was our rich friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a legit thing. It's called the rich friends effect. So and rich is relative as long as it's someone that's making a little bit more than you, maybe.
Speaker 3: Than that relative when it comes like investing and knowing like people that have rich friends and cousins and uncles, like they're like involved in making decisions and stocks.
Speaker 2: And what did you do early on? Because you definitely did. You grew up like except no money. So what did you do early on when you started? Because I remember we were in our twenties, like suddenly you just decided to invest in like Steve Madden stock like you didn't even know what you were doing, but like what motivated you to do that? And like what did you?
Speaker 3: I got the flu and I was like, I'm going to learn how to do app trading.
Speaker 2: So you just taught yourself.
Speaker 3: So I got on the internet and just started. Yeah, so I got I got very sick. I miss worked for like four days. That's all I did. I still have that same exact account. Oh you really got the flack.
Speaker 2: He still has this Eve Like it wasn't just.
Speaker 3: That I was just one of like the eleven. Yeah I got the flu, and that they were bored and I was single and nobody was. I was bored. So I just learned, Wow, how to trade but on an app? And yeah no it's very good. Drugs cool. Yeah, but I didn't have it. I probably wouldn't do it. Like that again, if I knew.
Speaker 2: Better, Well, what would your advice be to someone?
Speaker 3: Get a rich friend.
Speaker 2: If you want to feel more relaxed and less anxious. There's a specific color that you can wear and it'll give you that vibe. And it's green. Why green gives you that equilibrium effect?
Speaker 3: They just make this stuff up.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is from a color psychology again.
Speaker 3: I think that's a job.
Speaker 2: I mean, her name is miss Michelle Lewis. She's a color psychology expert, and she says yellow can make you happy, pink can make you feel comfortable, but green is the way to go if you want to feel relaxed and less anxious. And a lot of people are stressed right now, so maybe just throwing some green.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I feel like if I knew a friend who was paying a person like this, I would not be I have.
Speaker 2: Paid someone for color analysis before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for like your hair.
Speaker 2: No, it did it more so for research because I was having around my podcast.
Speaker 3: See even then you just talked out of being crazy.
Speaker 2: It was an investment, okay, in work.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're in green. Okay, it doesn't matter. I am all good.
Speaker 2: Do we want to talk about your bright green shirt.
Speaker 3: I can't. You won't hit me in the mill of night. That's all right, that's right, got it, thank you. And he walked in like eight hours ago and I was like, I was like, hey, I'm walking in the dark. You're not gonna hit me. And he goes, I don't know what you're saying. I said, it will hit you. A couple of hours I had to say it, yeah, hit but you, my friend will not get hit in the dark. I will not get hit in the dark.
Speaker 2: Needs it when he's riding his bike.
Speaker 3: All right, I made me.
Speaker 2: That's my pile.
Speaker 3: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 6: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: So in twenty twenty one, a nurse named Tiffany Young, who is forty four years old, discovered a lump in her breast and she was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. Her mom, her grandmother, and several aunts went through a similar thing, so she knew exactly what to expect, and after surgery, six months of chemo physical therapy, she's finally been declared cancer free. But in all of that, she finished a triathlon and now is a chemo nurse helping others, which I think when you're a nurse and you can empathize with exactly what somebody else is going through, like it makes you the perfect caretaker for people. And it's just a perfect example of not letting something get you down. But she just continued with her life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and continued to give back afterwards. Too. Great story. That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 5: There we go on the Bobby Bones Show now.
Speaker 2: Wild Blue Country.
Speaker 3: It's the Air Force Academy band, Wild Blue Country. They're back. Let's get them around. I'm gonna say this, and Bobby, what do I call it? Bobby? Feels weird? Like, what is your title?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean you can call me Bobby, that's totally fine. But my rank is a technical sergeant. I'm a technical sergeant.
Speaker 5: But don't call me that.
Speaker 3: Are you sure? Because you guys are You're like so like for real and you got I don't know, man, Their shirts are ironed amy and they know they look sharp.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bob, you call me Bob. No, no, no. When you guys played last year, it was so awesome. I didn't know what to expect. I don't know what the Air Force Academy Band was Wild Blue Country is the name of your band. But can you tell to the new listeners Bobby, So, Bobby, can you tell how do you guys get together? And the Air Force Academy has a band? Like, what what's the purpose of the band?
Speaker 8: So the purpose of the whole band is that we represent actually like over four thousand of the cadets that are at the United States here first me and we go around and travel and support, you know, the nation through music and you know, provide a lot of morale to people and stuff like that. And this weekend we're actually here for Veterans Day. But you know, to get here, we all had to audition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is pretty crazy. I remember talking about that last year, Like you had to odd some of you were not in the military, right, and so you're just really good at music and you're like, I also will go be in the military and go and you like, it's like really cool pr basically right Is that fair to say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty much essentially what we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome. You guys are gonna love this. Okay, And Bobby, how long have you been with the band.
Speaker 5: I've been with this band for coming up on like three and a half years.
Speaker 3: And what is your specialty? You have an acoustic guitar, but like, what are your jobs in the band?
Speaker 8: So my main job is to play guitar, obviously. And then I also happened to be the guy that's somewhat kind of in charge of this group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, band leader? Yeah, okay, yeah yeah, Deacon Deacon was band leader Rain to James band back in the day, Nashville the show. Yeah, yeah yeah. And then who is the lead vocalist here?
Speaker 5: This gay right here? Denver Murphy?
Speaker 3: Denver Murphy? Is that your real named?
Speaker 1: Denver?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 3: And you were? You born in Denver, raising.
Speaker 4: Over born and raised in Illinois?
Speaker 3: Huh? How'd that come about?
Speaker 4: Beats me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And how long have you been lead vocal for the Air Force Academy band?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I got there in March at twenty two, okay, but I've been in the Air Force bands for a little over twelve years or almost twelve years.
Speaker 3: So I am very excited for our listeners to hear this. Hey, Bobby, what are we going to do? First?
Speaker 8: We're going to do the Armed Services medley and recognize all.
Speaker 2: Of our veterans.
Speaker 3: This is so cool. I don't want to spoil it because we did this last year. I know it's so cool. Okay, so here's my question, and I do we need to stand.
Speaker 5: Up you if you'd like to.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what we should and should because I have buttons and stuff I need to push. But I will every I'll throw every button to the wind and then remove my hat. Do we do that too, because we're like pushing buttons stuff?
Speaker 2: But if we need it, that's just the if it's the national anthem.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't matter. Expect anything. Right they walk in the room, I was like taking.
Speaker 1: I want to take.
Speaker 4: If you've got family members or loved ones.
Speaker 3: You're.
Speaker 5: You just like the sound, you can stand.
Speaker 3: Well, we already liked the way. Okay, here's here's the thing. How about Okay, I'm not I'm not going to stand because I got step to push here. But Eddie, you can't stand. You have video. I'm pushing buttons too. Yeah, everybody else would stand.
Speaker 2: Stand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you don't have to know.
Speaker 5: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Stand for us since Bobby and yeah stand like on your tippy toes. Give it extra standing because you're done. Okay, here we go. It's the air Force Academy band Wild Blue Country, with the official title is the the.
Speaker 5: The med the American arm Services.
Speaker 3: The arm Services Medley. Okay, oh, one other thing one that they may not recognize, you guys still do the Space Force song. That's the one I didn't recognize is because it's so new. Yes, And so they played the medley for the Space Force. You can jump on that one's on, get up as you can. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And actually one of the guys that's uh here in Nashville wrote the lyrics to it.
Speaker 5: His name is Jamie Teacher. He actually used to be a member of this band.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, So did you just have to learn that one and like insert that in at some points? Were you already did you already have it all together? And you had to find a way to insert the space We had to find a way to insert it. Wow, that's crazy though. Okay, here they are Wild Blue Country, the Air Force Academy Band. Whenever you're ready, the United States.
Speaker 10: Army first to fight for the right and to build the nation's night.
Speaker 1: And the Army.
Speaker 10: Goes rolling a long out of all we have done fighting until the battles won. And the Army goes rolling a long and it's high, hey, the Army is on its way.
Speaker 1: Count talk lad, It's loud and strong.
Speaker 10: For wherever we go, you will always know that the Army he goes rolling along.
Speaker 5: United States Navy.
Speaker 11: And there's a way, my boys and pars away fairwell to foreign shores. Me sail at break of.
Speaker 10: Day, our last night on shore train to the farm.
Speaker 1: Un until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage.
Speaker 5: United States Marine.
Speaker 10: Corps from the halls of Montez to Luma to the.
Speaker 1: Shores of Triple.
Speaker 10: We will fight our country's badattles in the air, on land and the sea.
Speaker 1: First to fight for right and free anti key power on earthly.
Speaker 10: We are proud to claim the top title of night It sticks Maine.
Speaker 5: United States Coast Guard.
Speaker 1: We're always ready for.
Speaker 9: The Callles suntrustany through surf and storm and howling gale, high shall harbor bless.
Speaker 1: Me, samper paratiesis our guide, our fame, glory too, to fight, to see hor fights, and to die. I Coastguard we are for you.
Speaker 5: United States Space Force.
Speaker 10: We're the mighty, wantsful guardians beyond the.
Speaker 12: Blue, the indussible front law war fighters, brave and true only.
Speaker 1: Reaching into space.
Speaker 12: There's no leam to our sky, standing guard both night, and.
Speaker 1: We're the space most.
Speaker 5: From one United States Air Force.
Speaker 4: Off we go into the wild blue yonder, climbing high into the sun. And here they come, doming to meet our thunder Adam. Now give them the gun down, we dive spouting our flame, drum.
Speaker 12: Under off with lawn. We live in fame or go down and flame. Hey, nothing gonna stop the US Air Force.
Speaker 3: Let's go the Air Force Academy band, Wild Blue Country performing in studio. Holy moly, when you guys get together the practice year, just let's let's do some duff Leppard.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: A lot of times we'll like start off, vers'll just like screwing around doing that kind of stuff, like.
Speaker 3: Playing something just like goofy and fun. That's that's dang, that's cool. You like that question. That's a great because they're just like, like I'm kind of intimidated being in the room with them all here anyway. So one of the things I like, if I go to a concert, they go around the room and they're like this is Jimmy, and Jimmy goes boom like this is Tommy. So lead vocals, Denver Murphy so and then just do something like boom pretty much, just do that, just go.
Speaker 5: There is.
Speaker 3: A Custi to guitar, harmony, vocals Bobby Wolf Yeah, upright, bass Mike and Banja lista. That's so cool, that's so cool. Yeaheah yeah yeah, ca hone, which, by the way, the cajone that would be the rhythm section Mike Kelletti. There is pedal steal guitar Jeff Valentine, I have tears, yeah, yeah, and keyboard Andrew Binton. Let's go. You guys are so much fun. So do you do originals? Do you have any songs that you guys do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you actually do originals.
Speaker 3: So what's an original like? And who sits? How do you get the original? Who writes it?
Speaker 8: Well, this current original we might play for you guys was written by a guy that used to be in the band. His name is Jamie Teacher. Like I said before, he's one of the guys that actually he's here in Nashville and he wrote the lyrics of the space for a song and he actually used to write a lot of tunes for some other country artists that are.
Speaker 3: Here and to what's the name of the song. That you're gonna play.
Speaker 5: This song is called the Outskirts.
Speaker 3: And what's the why does this song exist? What's it about?
Speaker 4: I think it's really about small town USA, the people there just doing everything they can to support their country and just being proud of where they come from.
Speaker 3: I'm already I don't need to hear. I already like it. It's at number one this week. Okay, this is called the Outskirts. It's from the Air Force Academy band called Wild Blue Country. Do you guys need to do anything else where to let it rip? All right, let's go here. They are Wild Blue Country.
Speaker 12: You might not find us on a map. Folks around Here's okay with that. We don't mind keeping to ourselves. We got broke down backs and callous tans from working this year promised land a wooden tree with no one else.
Speaker 1: Were the Outskirts?
Speaker 13: Wear our names on word shirts, Donald's traffic jams, but Jim dear tractors don't give a damn if thanks are backwards.
Speaker 1: When they call only fight wars.
Speaker 12: Smut on our floorboards in harvest times.
Speaker 1: The only time that we miss churches? Where are the ot Skirts?
Speaker 12: Got Copenhagen bottom lips talled christs of grain.
Speaker 10: In politics, we work on one fifties when it drinkers.
Speaker 1: We act to food on slipping slights. We love our kids, but we'll tan their heights. Try to live like Jesus and John Waite.
Speaker 13: Where are the ot skirts? We're on these own work shirts host jacky chams for John Deeer tractors. To give a damn if things are backwards when they.
Speaker 9: Call me fight wars, smut on our floorboards.
Speaker 1: In Harvest Times on the time Louis.
Speaker 14: Mischiefs were are the outskirts?
Speaker 15: Wear the outskirts? Very us send mister we are the outskirts?
Speaker 1: Were are names on word shirts.
Speaker 13: Don't traffic jams with job dear factors, don't give a damn, and thanks for backwards when they calling five wars smoot.
Speaker 1: On our flootboards in Harvest Times. The only time Louis.
Speaker 14: Mischief were the outskirts We the outso.
Speaker 1: Outso as.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've got a real hit. That was like a good one. Holy crap. Nothing expected to be good, but I thought it'd be more like you know, straightforward military. That's like normal real life USA type stuff. Great job, guys, Holy moly, And I would imagine that getting to play a lot of music, especially with today Beanbetran's Day, Like, there's probably something special about being able to share the message on a day as important as today. Bobby in Denver, Is that true for you guys?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's it's it's so great to be here and just ring in the holiday celebrating all the men and women in uniform around the globe and all their family and friends that support them all along the way.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you guys for coming in. I'll say what I said last year. Next year, you're gonna do it again. Please come back, write another song.
Speaker 5: We're down do another one. We've got plenty of them.
Speaker 3: Whatever, all out seams outskirt. Yes, I love it. And you guys you can follow on Instagram at Wild Blue Country. Just played the opry again. That's all. I gotta be super cool, right when you guys get to do that, that's fantastic. It's like the best, it's the best. There they are Wild Blue Country, the Air Force Academy Band. All right, clap it up for you guys here. Thank you guys for coming in. Appreciate it. Yeah, we're gonna play beat the Clock and you'll have thirty seconds. Want to give you the category. You'll name as many as you can in thirty seconds. Okay, Reddy, I'm not gonna tell you what it is yet. Lunchbox and Eddie are also playing there out of the room. They are in the isolation chamber. They will not know how many of you got right meet the clock. You have thirty seconds to name as many presidents go.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, George Washington, John Adams, the other Adams, George Bush, the other George Bush, Trump, Biden, JFK. Van Buren, Uh Kennedy, JFK. Garfield, Taft, the Lincoln Clinton, Reagan.
Speaker 3: Uh, you did not get Nixon in time?
Speaker 2: I didn't, are you.
Speaker 3: I'm positive, I'm positive I have gone faster at fourteen. Okay, if we tie, we'll go at the higher number. So yeah, we'll give you fifteen. But also we have to and we won't challenge it today. But if you just go like the other Bush, that shouldn't count. That was question was that's questionable.
Speaker 1: That's the way. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The other Adams was questionable, the other atoms.
Speaker 5: But we get it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give it to you this time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Daddy Adams Adams, John Quincy Adams, John Adams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: George H. W. Bush, George Bush.
Speaker 3: W Okay, so have fifteen. That's pretty good in thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: No, I could have done better. I mean, I know you didn't know the cat had Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 3: Well you're gonna nail one hundred of them now at the time.
Speaker 2: That well, no, I obviously, I just don't know why I couldn't move faster.
Speaker 3: All right, bring in lunchbox. We're playing beat the Clark. Don't tell him what the category is or how many you got. He is coming from the isolation chamber. He's coming down the hall. He has entered the room. All right, headphones on? Headphones are you will have thirty seconds when I say go, wait, I have thirty seconds to do what I will tell you when the timer starts. Sorry, thirty seconds to name as many presidents.
Speaker 7: Go Adams, Henry Bush, Obama, Reagan, Nixon, Trump, Biden, Bush again, Dick Cheney. He wasn't a president, Harriet Tubman, she wasn't a president. Abraham Lincoln Garfield Tubman. Who were Kennedy, Roosevelt Roosevelt Kennedy, Jackson, Adams, Washington, Uh, Henry Ford Blacksmith, Jackson John.
Speaker 3: So Henry was not a president. There's a few of these that weren't, or or like John Henry, oh John Henry won the president was not. I don't know who that is, Mike, don't say your number yet. But he did call some of them out as not presidents as well. Harriet Tubman not a president. What does she do?
Speaker 7: She was underground railroad man.
Speaker 3: Dick Cheney vice president, so kind of okay, let me yeah, pretty much nailed it, Mike. Let's say, are a number at the same time? One, two, three, thirteen thirteen? Wow, Well, we're confused. Can you run the tape, boys and actually see how many you got? And you have to give him credit on Bush but even if he says the same name, won't change that rule next time. But can someone run that tape? Yeah, we need a second on you. Okay, that's good, A right, let's bring it Eddie. We have to Crono win Wrapp of the song and then it's quite the discrepancy. I know he was just saying things. I was confused. I was like dodging bullets. Okay, all right, there he is coming in. Welcome, Thank you, thank you, all right, Eddie, you have thirty seconds. Will be on the calm. I can tell you what you're gonna have to have to nail here until I have the timer. We have thirty seconds on the clock, and you have to name as many as you possibly can name is many presidents? Oh my goodness?
Speaker 16: Ready, Okay, John Adams, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Franklin D. Roosevelt. Let's go Bill Clinton. Let's go George Bush. Let's go Ronald Reagan. Let's go Bush Junior w to Bush, George w Let's go Donald Trump. Let's go Barack Obama. Let's go Gerald Ford. Let's go Johnson. What's his name?
Speaker 3: LBJ? Yeah? LBJ?
Speaker 1: John F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy, Richard Nickson.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's tough at fourteen.
Speaker 16: Man, I started with the old ones first, and I'm like, I'm never gonna remember those guys.
Speaker 7: That was interesting. How your strategy was. Let me say that was very interesting.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play a song, we'll come back and crown the winner because is for the recount.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem is I got a little wild between all of you guys, Eddie. Yours was the least wild. Amy's was interesting because she came in and went Bush, other Bush, Oh, Adam other Adams, and so then Lunchbox just started yelling Harriet, Tubman and Gerald and old Cheney. But he also got a lot of presidents in there. But we were just like, we don't know, we were doing well.
Speaker 2: I guess clarifying is good because you could just do a lot of last names that sound presidential.
Speaker 3: Wilson, Franklin, Webster. Okay, well, let's play the song. We'll come back and we'll crown a champion. Yeah, we definitely need some rules on this game.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Next.
Speaker 3: Was Ultzer in you guys have thirty seconds to name as many presidents as possible. Now, the person who finished in the last place, I'm told, really lost because they used full names and all they that they said the names right, and they sounded the most intelligent they did that cost him time. That was Eddie. That's me last place.
Speaker 2: Eddie also did this.
Speaker 3: Let's go with well, I'm reading a note from the judges who listened to all the Edie was the only person using full names, and although he sounded the smartest, he lost time by using full names. Last place, Eddie. Wow, my good, that's rude to call him sounding the smartesty, but he was the dumbest. No, no, I was the slowest, but the smartest that you lost, Yeah, you were slow. Whatever you guys want. Lunchbox with fifteen to He also, pound for pound, did the most name, so his average was the least because he was just throwing out people don't matter. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: He does, he said, Harriet Tubman.
Speaker 3: He also said Ford and changed said Henry Ford. He did, yes, so he did sound the dumbest. What do I can't hear you down there in the last A great point, and here are you and Amy? Lunchbox has fifteen You have fifteen as well. They gotta make out it's a kiss. Yeah yeah, okay. So to settle this, I'm riding down a president. Whoever names this president first with only one guest wins, Amy, go Lincoln, No, Lunchbox go, we have to guess one president correct, Amy go what I'm.
Speaker 2: Asking them George Washington?
Speaker 3: Correct Lunchbox Cleveland, now place, it's crazy you just jump in, Amy go.
Speaker 1: Iceland.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's it was taft. It's a tie all the time. Okay, I don't even get a kills a kid and now blak you guys sound and now hey, now who sounds dumb?
Speaker 2: No, I just started to get nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for no reason.
Speaker 2: Though, No I got nervous. I was like, I should go old school, because you go new school, like people get all mad Monday at who president?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, it's time for the good news.
Speaker 1: Bobby.
Speaker 3: There's a dog named Bear. It's a mix. It's not a trained service dog. It's a Golden Retriever Husky mix. They adopted and so Bears is a normal dog. Bear's owner, Darren, had a severe heart attack. Now this is where the story gets crazy, because sometimes we have stories about dogs that do things or like you think the dog really knew or was the dog just barking because he was hungry. What happened was Darren had a heart attack. So the dog starts to bark, but then the dog starts to jump on Darren's chest. The literal dog starts jumping on the chest of the guy who had the heart attack. So either he really wants to play or he knows he's saving a heart attack. It's like whoa, and that it's so unbelievable that I don't think they would make it up like this. So the wife wakes up. Here's the dog barking. Nine one one gets there. Doctors believe that the dog's actions, especially jumping on the owner's chest, may have provided critical pressure to keep his heart beating. This is the craziest dog story we've ever read. If a dog gave chest compressions to a human and save them with CPR an untrained also an untrained dog, because there are military dogs that I've worked with service dogs and served with format with veterans. They are trying to lay on the chest of somebody that's going through PTSD. This dog was not trying to do anything. He starts jumping on the chest. WO So either the dog wants to play ball really bad or either So a big shout out to Bear And usually I'd say, probably doesn't know English, but you'd never know what this dog CBR. That's from Sunny's guys. That's a great story. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Experts say the best way to help people cope if your significant other or a close friend has a bad sports loss and they're just sad, they say, the best way is, we think, we think not to bring it up. Interesting just don't bring it up live life is normal.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah, that's probably one of the things. Another one movie compliment them.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I wouldn't like that. No, no, no, you look so cute today. Would your shoulders look so broad? Your chin is so chisel?
Speaker 2: Like I was gonna say, nice sucks.
Speaker 3: I was like one. I wanted I expart to say. The best thing to do is leave them alone.
Speaker 2: Okay, so is right for sure?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, just no, just leave them not even do don't you said don't bring it up. I'm saying, don't even go to them. You mean, like, don't talk to them. Leave them alone. That's all I want to be Just I need time. How do we do that if we work with you?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: No, Mostly it's like in situations that are it's a Saturday personal situation. Yeah, don't text me. Don't even text me during the game, even if we're winning, because you'll jinx it. I learned that the hard way. Eddie's lost me quite a few games. It's been two and then I learned I don't do it, and he did. It was absolutely his fault that he texted me during the game something good, and we lost the game. So Eddie's lost two games. I have that kind of it's amazing. My phone has that power. If it received something positive, we lose the game, it's amazing. Psychologists say the loss becomes a loss to their own identity, and they may be grumpy and irrational, if not outright depressed in the following days. I've never been more heard and felt right now than this article. Never that this is this is me. I would not come to work on certain Mondays after Arcatall loses a bad game on Saturday if I had the option.
Speaker 2: You've always sick.
Speaker 3: At my stomach. Okay, let me just stop this, all right, Corny, Let's go to Amy. Amy, go ahead, the Morning Corny.
Speaker 2: What does the limping turkey say.
Speaker 3: That this has gotta be funny. I don't know that this is gonna be funny. I know what's the limping turkey say?
Speaker 2: Wobble wobble.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Want to do it? And my host?
Speaker 3: That was the Morning Corny. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. Is the end of the first half of the podcast. The podcast that is the end of the first time of the podcast. You can go to a podcast to or you can wait till podcast to come out