Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, rain Drops, welcome to another episode of Reality with the King. So look, rain Drops, we have to talk about that the Pup Rules Part one reunion. I have a lot to say, but before I get started, I could not do this episode alone. So I am here with my boy, Evan Rail, who is the senior TV reporter at the New York Post and host a podcast, Virtual Reality.
Speaker 2: So welcome rain Evan Real.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Thank you so much, Carlos.
Speaker 4: I am happy to be here again and to talk about part one of the band funt Rules reunion. I haven't fully recovered, so I don't know if you watched the uncensored pumped up version on Peacock, but that if you guys have not watched that version, that is the version to watch.
Speaker 3: Because the like.
Speaker 4: Shots that are fired, especially from Lala and James's direction uncensored.
Speaker 3: Is it's so good? It is so good?
Speaker 1: So wait, is it uncensored because they don't believe up the curse words? Or are we also seeing new like footage that did not Aaron Bravo.
Speaker 4: Both, so you're definitely hearing all the curse words. And then there are a few little moments spliced in that we didn't see in.
Speaker 3: The version of the Union that aired on Bravo.
Speaker 4: I think one of the revelations was that Sina was told by Raquel that Tom told Raquel that they that Tom and Arianna were in an open, reallylationship, so he was the one spreading the rumor as Arianna suspected like it came from him.
Speaker 1: I told my rain drops Evan, that I don't watch vand the Pump Rules. I caught season one. A couple of episodes of season one. I was like, Oh, this show is good, but for some reason, it was never on my radar in terms of appointment television.
Speaker 2: Right, but I never liked Tuesdays I'm watching VPR. That wasn't me.
Speaker 1: Long story short, Van the Pump Rules has been off the grid for me for like ten years.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: The scandal obviously rocked the world in which I get paid money to do, which is reality television. So of course I'm like, what the fuck is happening? I did a deep dive, and then I must report I caught the finale, which was one of the best hours of television that.
Speaker 2: I've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 1: And then I caught the reunion and I had no idea. Vanda punk Rules was ratchet. I am obsessed. I called the show love and I hop it is.
Speaker 3: Loving. Ihep, that's amazing. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yes, this show is ratchet, and listen, I like Ratchet TV.
Speaker 2: It is so fucking good.
Speaker 1: I am super obsessed with this woman named La La Kent. She no listen, you all are hearing A newfound fan of this show. La La Kent is probably top ten one of the most gorgeous women on Bravo. She is sexy, saltry, She's such a bitch in a complimentary way. And this little James Kennedy is as hood as they come.
Speaker 2: The way he got up Evan.
Speaker 1: And and the fact that Andy had to like physically hold him away from charging as Sandoval and then I'm like, cause, Evan, I used to do the Atlanta reunions of Housewives. Obviously, honey, we have security of as reunions.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, wait a second.
Speaker 1: No security, So let's get started into this. That reunion was tens across the board. And I am now a fan of the show of La La James Kennedy, and I'm going to gag the girls.
Speaker 2: The toms are hot.
Speaker 3: The toms are hot.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is a brave opinion to share in the current climate, Carlows.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So Raquel was asked this question on Watch What Happens Live, which Tom is hotter? And at the time, when we thought she was just smooching on shorts, she said Tom Sandival. This was pre scanned, so it was like, oh my god, wait, what's going on here? So I'm gonna ask you the question, Carlos, which Tom is hot?
Speaker 3: Hotter?
Speaker 2: Okay? If I answer, would you answer it to.
Speaker 3: I'll share my answer to Okay, Okay, fine, I'll go first.
Speaker 2: Okay, because listen, I'm honest. I'm honest. Okay.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know the backstory. This is somebody who's now watching the show based on the finale and the reunion. And yes, I know all about what an asshole Sandaval is, so I get it now.
Speaker 2: I'm being very honest.
Speaker 1: I say this, Tom Sandoval is Johnny Depp sexy. He reminds me of a young Johnny Depp.
Speaker 2: He reminds me of Luke Perry.
Speaker 1: You know that that you know from nine oh two, one oh Rest in peace. Sandoval is like he's listen. He is the quintessential villain, and he looks villain this he's a villain. But there's something. Let's have a real conversation. Every girl and gay guy we whether we too or still, there's always this mystique of the bad boy, right, Sandoval is a badass. He's a bad boy. The mustache, the twelve pack abs, how ripped he is, he's he's he's a looker. But if I had to choose who I would like marry and like settle down with and like have gorgeous kids, Shorts is boy next door pretty and that's more my speed because I look at Sandoval like you're good for one night, like like bend me over, like have your way with me, do whatever you can.
Speaker 2: But I know this is one night only.
Speaker 1: We're at Shorts, I'm like, can you meet my parents' let's have a baby, Like Schwartz is boy next door beautiful, So I would go with Shorts.
Speaker 4: Okay, I appreciate their vulnerability here, Carlos and I agree. I'm I would pick Shorts, like Schwartz is the one. If I had to invite into my bedroom, I would invite Schwartz. He has a beautiful face. I honestly think that Schwartz has such a he has a very very cute face. But you have to do your vander Pump rewatch and like do the whole ten season situation. Katie, who used to be with Schwortz, famously said that his dick doesn't work, so.
Speaker 3: He has a pretty face.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if the equipment were so I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like Carlos, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's best for us to stay away from both of them in this moment, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So, wait, Shorts doesn't have a working dick, according to Katie, Okay, when you say working, meaning does he need VIAGRAA to get it up or or it gets up? But there's no motion in the ocean. If you catch my drift.
Speaker 3: The details are unclear.
Speaker 4: We don't really know the the insult came out of Katie's mouth. I think she was just looking to hit Schwartz where it hurts, and I think she did because Schwartz has maintained that his dick does in fact work. So the jury is still out whether it works or not. We should ask Joe ooh, you know the little side piece that was hanging in the apartment that Katie was not vibing with, that Katie has called spooky, that Katie has called a creep.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: I wonder why we didn't get a Joe appearance on the season, especially if she was like living in the apartment. I guess I would imagine production one term was like do you want to film a few scenes girl?
Speaker 3: Right? Or no?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And the way you said I'm brave to admit that Sandoval's gorgeous, I'm sure she was like, look, bitch, you're not going to get me back on this show doing the scandal because I don't want to get canceled.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to stay away from it, and that's why. Look, I appreciate y Cal for showing up. I mean, she may need to check I still appreciate it.
Speaker 4: What did you think of this sort of frivolous pr stunt of a restraining order having to sit in the trailer one hundred yards away, like.
Speaker 3: A full football field away.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, she's like literally like watching as if she's like snacking on popcorn Carlos when she has her chin in her hands like this, Like it's hysterical but also kind of terrifying, in maniacal, Like where does it land with you and your soul when you watch that?
Speaker 1: Oh honey, she's a villain. So listen, I love talking to you because obviously you are an esteemed journalist. You are a reporter, and you're a fan of the show and rain Drops, all the housewives and Brava celebrities, even Nivia, Like everybody loves Evan, real Evan, everybody loves him. So I look at it also from a producer standpoint, right, I find Raquel so interesting because there is something maniacal about the fact that you did this restraining order for reasons we know, which is you don't want to You want to deal with it, but you don't want to deal with it, so you're playing this tug of war between I like being famous, but I'm being I'm becoming infamous, and I'm trying to figure.
Speaker 2: Out which path to take. Right. She obviously is a pretty girl.
Speaker 1: She's a pretty girl, and she comes across very dainty and a little bit dingy, and I think it works for her. So as I'm watching her in the trailer watching the show, she.
Speaker 2: Raquel, I think you're pretty.
Speaker 1: You look crazy, Like she look crazy to me because I was like, emotion.
Speaker 4: Theless, yes, she does look crazy and emotionless, and it was just like so jarring. Well, the one time she kind of perked up was when James and Santoval were having that like near physical brawl altercation situation. Meanwhile, Andy's trying to ask the question, when you started hooking up with Rakel, why don't you just end it with Ariana, and as like all the chaos is happening and Santaval isn't able to answer the question. Raquel's like sitting in the trailer like I really want him to answer this question, like answer it. I want to hear, Like what what do you think he's gonna say. It's like she was waiting for some like I don't know, like loving soliloquy or something like what.
Speaker 3: The reason they're fighting, the reason they're like hitting each other.
Speaker 2: Is because of you. And she's honey, I hope like.
Speaker 3: Santaval haws someome sweet things to say it about me.
Speaker 2: So let's let's let's get into it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So when the reunion first started again, I love this recap because I'm a boy with fresh eyes and I'm watching it based strictly on the scandal. And congratulations, Bravo, you now have a new fan of this show and you trust and believe I'm watching next season.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is going on between La La and Lisa Vanda Pump? So we got to talk about it, Honey, Lala? Who gives you a good old heavy lock layer tease? Okay, Lala is the heather, the lock layer of Vanda Pump Rules. She's a gorgeous blonde, She's a villain. I love La La so much. I watched this Randall documentary on Hulu and got my entire life for one hour and forty five minutes of that fucking scandal. We'll do another recap later about that. So I'm all about La La. I'm all about her podcast, I'm all about her t shirt line. Send it to Darryl, which is Darryl Miller, her attorney who also represents Angela Bassett and used to represent Nini Leaks.
Speaker 2: Just some background teap.
Speaker 3: For you guys know that.
Speaker 1: Oh he also used to represent Kenya Moore.
Speaker 2: Daryl Miller is like a legend. Oh he's an icon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he has everybody again, from Angela Bassett esteemed Golden Glove winning actress to La La Camp a bra B celebrity who is making money from.
Speaker 2: The show and in the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm watching it and I haven't seen Lisa Vanda Pump since she exited stage left on Beverly Hills when she by Kyle, Like, that was the last time I saw Lisavanda Pump in action.
Speaker 2: So when she came out wearing.
Speaker 1: The black version of Giselle Bryant's reunion dress, which you know, Shaye, Lisa looked great in it, I.
Speaker 3: Just put that together.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, it was a black version of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I got it. I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Oh all good, love it. Right.
Speaker 1: So, when Lisa Vanda Pump, which we got to do a deep dive into Evan because you watch the show, When Lisa Vanda Pump started to defend Tom Sandoval, Well, but don't call him dangerous, dal don't call him dangerous.
Speaker 2: That's a vent heystro accusation. Don't call him dangerous, right, And.
Speaker 1: Lala's like, pretty much paraphrasing, Lala's like, I didn't ask for your fucking opinion, And I was like, Oh, these people do not respect Lisa Vanda Pump at all. And Lisa Vanda Pump looks shocked. What the f is going on on the show to where Lisa Vanda Pump. From my understanding, she's their boss, She's the granddam.
Speaker 2: The show is named after her.
Speaker 1: But I get the sense that they don't respect her, and she's gagging because the way you control those nine to two one zero bitches, you're not able to.
Speaker 2: Do that to these millennials.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was honestly so shocked to see Lala come at Lisa Vander from that way. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, Like I was absolutely living for it, because I love when any one sort of like defies authority, whether I agree with it or not, I certainly like feel the rush watching it.
Speaker 3: But I I think with Lisa.
Speaker 4: Vander Pump, you know, only the only person really truly working at the restaurant is raquel, Like that's the only full time cast member working at the restaurant. I don't I don't even know how much she like really works there. So she's the only sense of boss she is to these kids, is like as an EP of the show, Like she's not really there like boss at sir any longer. And I also think that these kids' lives are becoming so interesting as they get older, and Lisa's role in their lives.
Speaker 3: Is sort of decreasing.
Speaker 4: And I've seen like a lot of people on social media talk about, like is Lisa really essential to the show anymore? Should we just like let her go? It's kind of like, you know, she kind of has to like consert herself because she's like an EP. Her name is on it, like she is the reason this show exists. Like I feel like we're like in an interesting era right now where we're like figuring out how how we move forward with or without Lisa. And I think that that's registering in the cast members' minds.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, well you.
Speaker 4: Don't really like I can say how I feel and I can reject your opinion. Lisavander Pump because you really don't have any pull over me anymore.
Speaker 1: It took some balls, Yeah, it took balls, testicles, everything to stand up to Lisa Vanda Pump because I'm just reminded about how the Housewives of Beverly Hills used to be so afraid of her. I mean, my favorite housewife, Kylee called her Bobby Fischer, right like the game that she plays. So to see La La stand up to her, I was like, oh my gosh. And Emma James Kennedy kinda also defended himself against her, And in that very moment, what I saw was Lisa Vanda Pump realizing she lost control of the cast. She doesn't have control anymore over this show. The cast, the cast barely wanted to respect Andy, like the fact that they kept talking over him, and the fact that James Kennedy, who deserves an Oscar Inmy.
Speaker 2: Golden Glow, ras the award.
Speaker 1: His performance was so fantastic, it was it was fascinating to watch. But do you think that Lisa was defending Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think she wasn't.
Speaker 4: I think that also added to the lack of respect that the cast showed her as a whole, because obviously no one is messing with Tom right now. And the fact that she was sort of like defending him in any like she could have, she was defending him, I think pretty like lightly like I just but you can't get away with any defense of Tom Sandoval right now. So I think that that definitely like impacted the way that they spoke to her because they're like, what you're not gonna do is defend Tom Sandoval in this moment. So yeah, and like even I was at a panel the other day because the Evan front Rules is coming.
Speaker 3: For an Emmy.
Speaker 4: They did a whole FYC event and they want to be considered for an Emmy.
Speaker 1: So hold up, Evan, because we got to break this down to my rain drops. Okay, just so you all know when it's time to so let me tell you all what happened.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, when a show is nominated for an Emmy, there's a campaign that the movie studios do, the television studios, television networks, production companies.
Speaker 2: You campaign for your show, movie.
Speaker 1: Et cetera, the actors whatever to be nominated.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a campaign.
Speaker 1: You have to submit a nomination and the Television Academy is a group of people in the industry and they have to vote for which ones can even make it in the nomination category then wins. So what FYC means is for your consideration. So if you live in La Girl, go to Sunset Boulevard and you will see tons of billboards with FYC because these studios are campaigning for an Emmy nomination. Now, look, when it comes to reality TV, unless you're Shark Tank, Rupe, Paul's Drag Race or Amazing Race, you typically don't get nominated or even win an Emmy in the docu series category, which is Vanda Pump Rules, Housewives, et cetera. So Evan tell us what is happening with Vanda Pump Rules campaigning for Emmy nomination.
Speaker 4: I mean, they had a big FYC event. It was a panel discussion and this big like incredible party afterwards to sort of like, I don't know, make the Emmy voters fall in love with the series. And it was honestly, it was incredible. Like Laala and Sheena showed up to this party. They're taking pictures with Emmy voters, like you know, like they're like getting everyone excited. There was a whole a not about the pasta bar. They were like themed cocktails like it.
Speaker 3: It was a whole thing. It was really really cool.
Speaker 4: But before we got to the party, there was a panel between Alex Baskin, who's the executive producer, and Lisa vander Pump and it was a conversation moderated by s c Cup from CNN, And when s c cup was asking about Sandoval, even on the panel, Lisa did, what, you know, was kind of defending Tom, like she I'm and I think that because maybe she's in business with him, is a reason why she defends him, because they've had like a decade plus relationship. Because what was so a little jarring was Lisa's defense of Tom and the empathy that she has for him, juxtapose against the way she talks about Raquel, who she even called Rachel at some point.
Speaker 2: Like ever he got the fuck up?
Speaker 3: What yeah? Yeah, Like Lisa called her Rachel at one point.
Speaker 4: So it's clear that Lisa, and you know, from what I see, has more respect for Sandoval than Raquel, which is just so interesting. And apparently Raquel is off the grid. She's at the mental health facility. Lisa says she hasn't heard from her since the union. I asked Alex Baskin if he had heard from Raquel, and he said he hasn't heard from her directly, but he is getting updates from her team, from her family who say she's doing well. But I don't know if you saw now, the family is trying to get the FBI involved. They want FBI protection for Raquel because apparently she is getting tons of death threats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the FBI is getting plum what Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So look, I have to say this, Bravo fans, Reality fans all, like all of even me and Evan included, we're still fans of the show. It's one thing to have an opinion like we're having now, But you see the difference is we're not tearing Raquel down.
Speaker 2: We're having fun.
Speaker 1: We're laughing at obviously the moments within the show. You guys got to stop bullying people on social media. You can't sit up here and say mental health is important and you harassed and bully people.
Speaker 2: You can't. It doesn't go hand in hand. Listen, ra Kel.
Speaker 1: Made a miss I was about to say she made a mistake, but that's even like reaching So I'm not gonna whatever.
Speaker 2: Let me stop it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a mistake, because a mistake you kind of do once, not continuously. So Carlos King, you need to stop. It's not a mistake. So I checked myself in the moment before y'all do. Okay, ra Qul does something abhorrent, right, you don't sleep with your best friend's man, like that's like girlfriend one on one period. Okay, but it doesn't mean that gives us the right to bully and harass somebody to the point where they're checking into a mental health facility allegedly and is now getting the FB I involved, Like, Evan, this is serious.
Speaker 4: I know, and I so I know that the family has put in the request to have the protection. I don't know if the FBI is willing to take this on. I don't know if they have it in their schedule to take care of Raquel, But yeah, I guess the family is really worried.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's get back into all of this. One other things we saw at the reunion Evan Tom Tom not having the same story of timeline. Okay, So Tom Sandoval alleges it has one on one with Andy, which by the way, was super genius to do the one on one so that you could make sure which is listen, so smart, you want to make sure that without the Peanut Gallery, you're able to say how you feel without any interruption, and also to make sure that what you say can be used against you in the court of reunion. Okay, So Sandaval alleged that the affairs started around August. Okay, uh huh, that's what he said in his one on one with Andy. However, on this on the main stage with everybody, Shortz said the affairs started in January, so their stories are not corroborating. And listen, I know Schwartz is trying not to get canceled. He's trying to protect the business. So is Lisa Vanda Pump. So he's trying to make sure that at least his hands are clean. And I think at the end of the day, Shorts, the jig is up. You have to just come I think if Shorts comes clean and say, look, I did something equally abhorrent. I should have never allowed my best friend to use my home to have an affair on his girlfriend. And then when they show the flashbacks of Shorts intimating like where Raquel's hit because she wants to see.
Speaker 2: Somebody you know closely. It's like, dude, give it up.
Speaker 1: So what was your thoughts when you realize their stories weren't the same.
Speaker 4: Well, I love La La Kant for calling it out, like, oh, did you not get your links toort like timelines to match up?
Speaker 3: That was so good?
Speaker 4: But I think that yeah, I think it was just sloppy coaching on Sandoval's part. I think that, as Ariana mentioned, the dude likes to coach his minions, and right now he has Raquel and he has Schwartz, and maybe he spent a little bit too much time coaching Raquel because then when it was time for Schwartz again in the hot seat, he didn't match up with what he thought, you know, like what he told Andy. But like you said, it was so great that they did those because now we can see the discrepancies and you see more of Tom Sandoval's true character.
Speaker 2: Do you think Tom Sandival can survive the scandal?
Speaker 4: I mean, I I just like, right now, I can't see him ever recovering, Like I feel like he will be just sort of in this perpetual state of hate.
Speaker 3: From the Bravo fandom, Like I just can't.
Speaker 4: I can I can see maybe like I think Schwartz will end up being all right, like he you know, like he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I hope that Raquel's just like physically and mentally okay. Ye you know Sandoval, he's out here tour like, he's still continuing a tour.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Guess there's did you buy tickets?
Speaker 4: I'm not buying tickets. Unfortunately. I have been to three of his shows.
Speaker 2: Is he good?
Speaker 4: I mean, pre scandabal, I was enthusiastic about his enthusiasm, you know, now, could I bear to listen to twenty five cover?
Speaker 3: Something like? Do I need to hear him do?
Speaker 4: Like the like Beg's no, Like I never need that moment in my life again, like ever. But yeah, I have been to three of his concerts. I was there the night that Arianna found out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was there because he he was performing his songs to his first like original single Superstars at Tom Tom like pegged the episode that was airing that night, and so I was invited the only reporter invited to interview him because I, you know, at one time wrote this.
Speaker 3: Music feature on Tom sanderbal.
Speaker 4: And, Like I said, I was enthusiastic about his enthusiasm and so, by the way, but not.
Speaker 1: To cutch Off, but that is probably the most shadiest read that I have heard a long time. I'm gonna use that shit. I am enthusiastic about your enthusiasm, bitch.
Speaker 2: That's the reading. Continue you ever really use it?
Speaker 3: Use it.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I wrote this music feature and then I kept getting invited to all these concerts because he loved this music feature so much.
Speaker 3: And then it was like the full circle.
Speaker 4: Moment, like being there the night that you know, his world kind of like upended. And then now he's like if I say I'm enthusiastic about his enthusiasm, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, the show for anyone who goes, like bring your snacks, bring your gatorade, you need to prep because it is a very.
Speaker 3: Very long show and you don't know when it's gonna end.
Speaker 4: Because I think that sometimes he just likes to add more and more songs because he truly loves the sound of his own voice. And from what I've seen on social media, even though he likes to extend these shows, I don't know how much he likes to sort of mix up the set list because I do keep hearing like the same songs, like he loves doing Stacy's mom And one day it's ra Quel is not the one for me.
Speaker 3: The next day it's ri Kel is so hot for me.
Speaker 4: So he's like he's trying to like keep it interesting, keep you intrigued with The people who are showing up to his shows are like they have like signs that say like Tim Mariana and like fuck Sandibal, like they're like they're not it's not fans showing up to the concert. No one's enthusiastic about his enthusiasm. Enthusiastically ragging his ass.
Speaker 2: That's clearly what it is.
Speaker 1: But you know what's so funny about that, at the end of the day, y'all.
Speaker 2: Are still buying tickets, So you're putting money, isn't that son?
Speaker 4: That's true, But he's also been having trouble selling out shows, and so like now tickets are bogo, Like you get a Bogo deal with the ticket. It's like buy one, bring your friend for free.
Speaker 3: That's where we're at.
Speaker 1: Carlos, Honey, not a coupon deal on group on honey. Wow, Okay, listen, all right, So we're talking about next season now because Carlos King is officially a VPR stand I'm invested, but I'm only going to be invested everybody if I'm getting Arianna, Raquel and Tom the same season. So there has been rumors Evan real that Arianna's has said I'm not filming with them, which to me is the kiss of death for any reality start. You never say which you're not gonna do. You don't give ultimatums because you get fired. I've seen it happen firsthand. Don't ever do that. Can Arianna have the power to say that? And if so, and be very honest, seriously, are we interested in ban the pump rules without seeing no interactions between Tom, Raquel and Arianna.
Speaker 4: I think the casts and producers need to figure out a way to make that happen. I did ask Alex about that the other night when I saw him, and what he did say was like, look like Tom and Ariana like still live in the same house. So even just like the logistics of that connect them. So if cameras go up tomorrow, they still live in the same house, so you are going to kind of get that awkward scene where they cross paths in the house. So like there is a way to make it work. I mean, like you mentioned, Ariana said she doesn't want to film with Sandoval or Raquel. There's got to be like some sacrificial lamb who is willing to be the sort of like conduit for connection and the only person I can think of.
Speaker 3: And I love her so much. She's such an icon.
Speaker 4: She gives everything to her job on the show, is a sheenashe. I think that she could build some sort of not even a bridge, but be sort of like the liaison between two groups. I'm not saying that she needs to be best friends with Raquel and Tom Sandoval again, but like she did have really deep, strong connections with both Sandoval and Raquel, so she would be the only one that would make sense in my mind to be involved in whatever we have to do to make everyone work. But Alex has said there is a big twist coming at the end of the Reunion Part three. It's something that only one cast member and the showrunner is aware of. It's a twist so shocking that it is going to impact how cast members feel about moving forward with the show.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what the twist is. There was a rumor.
Speaker 4: That the secret was that Lisa knew about the affair longer than she had let on and didn't tell Arianna. But Arianna has said she doesn't believe that rumor. I did ask Lisa about that, and she didn't answer my question.
Speaker 1: So Evanrail has dropped an exclusive on Reality with the King Sound Effect. Now, Sierra, look one thing about Evanrail, because let me tell you. Let me tell you about Evan. Evan obviously is super gorge. He is the nicest guy in the world.
Speaker 2: He is so welcoming.
Speaker 1: He has the ability to get it neat body to answer a question because you're like, fine, Evan, I'll tell you whatever you want. So I am gagging that Lisa Vanderpomp did not answer your question.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, thank you for the sweet words. It really means a lot.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she she put her dancing shoes on and she'd danced around that question.
Speaker 3: She did.
Speaker 4: She was not answering it. I was like, and then she like, she has this like great way of sort of like deflecting and talking about something else. And then she talked about how emotional the reunion was and blah blah blah blah. But then she was like, I never give away to the game Darling, and I was like, oh, so are the fans right?
Speaker 2: Did you know it.
Speaker 1: Would make sense why she's been defending time Listen.
Speaker 2: There was something so.
Speaker 1: Strategic about her defense of the time. A lot of people said, well, she's in business with them, they own five percent of the restaurant. But I'm telling you it was something else. I'm like, I can see that, but it's something bigger. I think this is that it could be that. Excuse me because in the words of Kyle Richard, she is Bobby Fisher and it's chess. When you're playing the game a reality TV with Lisa Vanda Pump, I don't trust it because she's so adult.
Speaker 2: Where's Nikola? And you know was Ken? And you know.
Speaker 1: Like there's because she's she's so unassuming.
Speaker 2: She's not loud, she's not ratchet, she's not in your face.
Speaker 1: She's very subtle and and Lisa, bitch, if you're doing that, girl, I got to ask this question before.
Speaker 2: We move on.
Speaker 1: Can not even can is Lisa Vanda Pump needed for vand the Pump Rules moving forward?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think if you ask the chorus of fans on social media, a lot of them would say no. I mean, I know that she feels like a mother and a mentor to a lot of these kids. But you know, even Ariana said on the reunion, like, if you keep up a relationship with Tomic, I'm just not going to be as close with you, Like I'm not gonna hang out of Tom's Tom, I'm not going to come to sir like I don't like, I just don't want to be around you if you're going to be around Tom Sandoval and like continue on with this relationship. And I think that at this point, like eighty nine point nine to nine percent of the cast feels that way too. So I think in this current moment, the cast would be more than happy to film without their mama. You know, I don't know, I feel like, yeah, it feels like it feels like some of the fans and a lot of the casts don't think she's necessary.
Speaker 1: And let me just say again, as somebody who just started watching it, how do you feel, Oh she's not needed? Oh no, that's easy for me. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: And when I say this to me is a compliment. I didn't know about to.
Speaker 1: Put rules was ratchet. I really I was like these kids listen. I'm I'm old, so they are kids to me. But the way it's hard to describe. I have not seen a fascin of millennials from that age group and that sector of life since the Hills.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Christian Cavaliary, Lauren Conrad, Heidi.
Speaker 1: Spencer, you know, Audrena Like, I've never seen a group of millennials in that sector of life who are tailor made for television because at the end of the day, what I love about the Van der Pump Rules cast. Yes they're rich and famous and all these things, they still have this sense of normalcy. Like the way they converse with each other, the way they allow themselves to behave is not like and y'all gonna read me for saying this, but it's fine y'all reading me anyway. It's not like Housewives, where once Housewives gonna taste of fame all of a sudden, It's about my brand.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to argue anymore.
Speaker 1: Because I'm all about peace and love and happiness or I'm not going to give you a moment. I'm not, you know, it's I don't like that, and one thing I will give those Vanda Pump Rules kids is the fact.
Speaker 2: That they are still very.
Speaker 1: Relatable in the sense of what's happening in their everyday lives. And when I saw Lisa, and again because I've been watched the show in ten years, when I saw Lisa sitting next thing Andy, I was like, why the fuck are you here? And then once you started interacting, I was like, honey, you're aged out. You guys to go. I'm only interested in these kids and what they have going on. So I don't think and I like Lisa Vanda pump I'm just saying for Vanda Pump Rules, the game has changed the show from what I was told was on the verge of being canceled, possibly because it was no longer interesting. And the people who are going to save the future of Vanda Pump Rules is going to be the Toms that that amazing James Kennedy, the super gorgeous and super villainous La La, Raquel, Katie Sheena, Like, I'm invested in them.
Speaker 4: As a producer, when you think of okay, so you're thinking about Arianna refusing to film with Tom and Raquel, but we need to move forward with the next season including Tom and Raquel and Arianna and everyone like what kind of like puzzle would you put together? Like how how would you make it work if you had to.
Speaker 1: Great question, Listen, no one gives me an ultimatum, you're off the sheolve you do that, Like, there's ways of saying things like the for my you know, for the safety of dot dot dot, then of course.
Speaker 2: You take that seriously. So I want to make that very clear.
Speaker 1: For someone's safety, physical safety, mental health safety, then yes, you.
Speaker 2: Take those things into consideration.
Speaker 1: So I would need to know how deep it is. But I would easily listen if I was a producer or Arianna's friend or the owner of the company who produced it. And Alex Baskin is one of the most genius producers in.
Speaker 2: The world, so shout out to him.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would easily say to Arianna, you are possibly the most popular reality start in the world right now. If you want to continue you being that and take advantage of that outside of the show, you it would work in your best benefit to make sure you continue being seen with them, to give those moments, the moment you feel like you're bigger than the show or you have surpassed the scandal. No one's going to care about you. So those fake moving boxes, little move you did for your endorsement, no one's going to be contacting you.
Speaker 2: Arihanna was on the fucking View.
Speaker 1: They transformed the set of the View to banda punk's rule set. Wolby Goldberg hates reality to vision, so does Sonny Houstin. Thank you, Bethany like the only one who's into it, who's into reality, Sarah is Sarah and Alyssa you were on the View. It's in your best benefit if I would say to the to Alice Baskin, whatever you guys think.
Speaker 2: You need, I'll do it. Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Tom needs it, Raquel needs it. Give this to us. It's in your best interest to do it. If you don't do it, all this fame and notoriety and endorsements is going to fall because no one's going to care.
Speaker 3: All right, Carlos King with a word, Well there you go.
Speaker 1: Now before I let you go, because again there everybody loves Evan, Honey. I recently saw you hanging out with one of my favorite housewives, Erica Jane, who just announced she's having a Vegas residency. With that being said, you did an interview with her. What can you tell us is happening on this very anticip paid season on Beverly Hills in terms of the overall scope and or what's happening with Erica Jane.
Speaker 3: So Erica Jane, she seems to be in a.
Speaker 1: Cool rain job. I know, y'all, it was just getting juicy. But to hear more of my exclusive with Evan Real about this upcoming season of the Real housewats of Beverly Hills, go onto my YouTube channel YouTube dot com, slash at the Carlos King Underscore, and Baby, it's a gag. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instag, Twitter, TikTok and yes, baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and don't forget Tweet me.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment.
Speaker 2: It is produced by.
Speaker 1: Sierra Spragley, rix An executive produced by me Carlos King
Speaker 2: Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby