Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Brody Seth, Nate, Max Logan, and John. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking. There is a prize. Med Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing or We got a mail bag question today. If you have a question you want the crew to answer, send your question to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line mailbag. This is from Nate Powatsky. He says, what be harder to hunt a turkey with the nose of a deer or a deer with the eyes of a turkey? I think this is really easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't see a turkey if they had a nose like a deer.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: They would say, if a turkey smell you and kill Yeah, I'm a firm believer in that.
Speaker 2: Phil, Do you agree?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for coming to the expert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, turkey with the nose of a deer. That'd be hard to kill a deer with the eyes of a turkey.
Speaker 3: I think that exists already pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, except for I think turkey's like seeing the UV light range. I don't know if deer have that super or not. Also from Nate, he says, are non Randall and Brody episodes easier or do I just choke against elite competition. I try to like shoot for a higher Shelby index on those episodes, so I would say there may be a little easier. Yeah, we want the Jabronis to have a good time while they're here, so maybe a little easier, but it's it's still you know.
Speaker 4: Where I am Randall, I'm sitting in the spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna call him crappy Chubb truck.
Speaker 3: On the highways. More looks similar, it is, but I don't know if it was his or not.
Speaker 2: He doesn't miss trivia too often, so I I he's doing something.
Speaker 3: I was going to the about Turnpike Troubadour's concert tonight.
Speaker 2: It's right yeah in Bonner. Yeah, gaming, all right, we have some housekeeping. On last week's episode. We had a question about the panfish inspired name for these small fat head minnows that bait shops sell. The correct answer was crappy minnows, but a few folks wrote in saying that bait shops in their area call them perch minnows, specifically in northern Michigan. Now, I couldn't find anything online to confirm this, but I trust our listeners. And since perch is a panfish and emailers said that they are these small fat head minnows being sold, then I'll call that a right answer. So if you said perch minnows, then you get that one right. They were did say perch? Who said purchase? Someone said, yeah, oh no, I've heard them call he calls them perch minnows. I've never heard that, Okay, I don't think. Yeah, they used a lot of emerald chiners where he's at the other forty nine states call him croppy meadows. All right. The shell be an extra today is a five, So I'm putting us on perfect score alert. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop fill. Look, I need to know what I stay under wind everything?
Speaker 6: How's that just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Game on sus. Question one of the topic is hunting. This first great question is via Eric Zilgmy, and as always, this will be multiple choice. Which of these is not a cavity nesting duck? Is it a wood duck, a common Merganza, buffalehead or a blue winged teal? Max very quick to answer, the only player with an answer so far, Which of these is not a cavity nesting duck? So three of them are cavity nesters, one of them is not. Is it a wood duck, a common merganza, a buffalo head, or a blue winged te Okay, Seth, he's got a bad marker.
Speaker 6: You ever play Wingspan Spencer?
Speaker 2: No, somebody gives it to me. I have not played it yet. My understanding of it is that it's like kind of complex, so you need to like clear out an evening and be like, I'm going to learn how to play Wingspan. I've heard nothing but great things.
Speaker 6: We should play it.
Speaker 2: That's fun. You're into it.
Speaker 6: Big big fan? Okay, like my mom likes it.
Speaker 4: What is it exactly?
Speaker 6: It's just like a it's a deck builder, it's an engine builder, a bird game. It's like great art. Every card has a bird fact on it.
Speaker 7: They've got a they've got a fish version called fin span. They got a dragon worm span.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm into the fish.
Speaker 6: Span is the easiest to learn. Worm span is the hardest.
Speaker 2: My favorite modern board game besides me Trivia is Ticket to Ride. I think that's the perfect board game. Love Ticket to Ride.
Speaker 6: The reason I bring it up is on the cards they have they define the nest of the bird, and I'm trying to remember all the ducks and their bird their nest icon.
Speaker 2: Which of these is not a cavity nesting duck, wood duck or ganzer bufflehead teal?
Speaker 6: Great game or great gift idea for the game playing Burder in your life?
Speaker 2: You go, Max, give us an update.
Speaker 5: So there was a point where I couldn't find any and then I texted you that afternoon where I was like, oh I found seven?
Speaker 2: How long were they gone?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 2: Like a week? I know, I couldn't. I couldn't find them.
Speaker 5: We have two pawnds out back. Couldn't find them on either pond. And then that afternoon I found seven of them with them on and I was like, oh, down, one not too bad, way better than zero. And then the next day there was all eight there and then like the last like week week and a half nothing, And then I walked over to this other pond, probably a mile mile or so away. There's eight duck lands and a hen, and so I think they migrated over there, and they were roughly about that same side. I know, like they're growing up a little bit.
Speaker 3: This time of year.
Speaker 8: Like for the last month, you see a lot of road killed ducks. Yes, yeah, so they might have walked over there.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 8: There's like hot spots around Boseman where like every day a new duck gets smashed by someone's guar.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers, Seth says Buffalhead Logan Buffalhead, Max, blue winged teal, John Common merganzer Nate Common merganzer Brody, blue winged teal. The correct answer is the blue winged teal. Damn.
Speaker 1: See that Max.
Speaker 2: Brody got that one right. Most ducks fall into three nesting categories, upland, over water or cavity. Upland nesters choose sites along shallow seasonal wetlands. Examples of upland nesters are blue winged teal and mallards. Overwater nesters choose sites that are on floating mats of vegetation like cattails and bullrush. Examples of overwater nesters are redheads and canvas backs, and cavity nesters choose sites and hollowed out trees. Other examples of cavity nesters are golden eyes and black bellied whistling ducks. Getting to add max about nesting ducks.
Speaker 5: That's a great.
Speaker 2: Factors right there.
Speaker 3: So buffalhead will they'll living tree kid.
Speaker 2: And I feel like it's like it's like either a rotting tree or an abandoned raccoon net, which they might be in a rotting tree as well. Question two. The topic is conservation. The blank candle, which shoots a quote sequence of glowing comets, is banned in eighteen states because of its tendency for starting fires and having too much fun. Eighteen states. Still like you having all that fun?
Speaker 6: Washington, New York.
Speaker 2: The blank candle, which shoots a sequence of glowing comets, is banned in eighteen states because of its tendency for starting fire.
Speaker 8: We used to escalate our bottle rocket fights by employing these.
Speaker 6: Yeah heavy artillery, baby, Yeah have fights with these.
Speaker 2: Okay, the room is gonna do well. They all look confident. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. The whole room says Roman. The whole room got it right. It is the Roman candle. Roman candles are heavy tubes that discharge a series of balls of fire and sparks into the air. It's the firework that started the twenty sixteen table rock fire in Idaho and twenty twenty Traverse fire in Utah. Massachusetts has the strictest firework laws in the country, as the only state that completely bans the sale, possession, and private use of all consumer fireworks.
Speaker 8: This is the week the fire truck or the firework boost will start showing up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what's a firework boost? Oh the booth, Yeah they moved. In question three, the topic is cooking. This next great question is via William Mayer. This pest, which burrows into the flesh of living animals, was discovered in South Texas in June twenty twenty six. Just listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Specific and.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be that specific. If you thought the answer was like a dragonfly, if you could put a dragonfly, you don't have to put x X dragonfly whatever a specific dragonfly would be. This pest which burrows into the flesh of living animals, was discovered in South Texas in June twenty twenty six. And we will look at a picture after this of what that pest does. It's pretty disgusting.
Speaker 8: So we should do aither experiment where we put one of these things in Giannis's arm.
Speaker 2: It's said that they will, you know, be attracted to humans as well, so they might take t Yanni's arm. We're gonna look at a photo. If you don't want to see a deer that's all messed up from this pest, then maybe look away after the flavored text is read. This pest, which burrows into the flesh of living animals, was discovered in South June twenty twenty six. Nay, you have this one right? Oh yeah, okay, Brody do you Brody sent the hand super double right, double right? Okay, you're going very specific, Mac or Max. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Uh no, But I just listened to the podcast like Tuesday or Wednesday when John, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I do not what podcast?
Speaker 2: Knowing about it? Your podcast.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of podcasts.
Speaker 2: John was telling me yesterday was our hottest day at the store all year or ever, just year to date, year to day. Okay, what's been flying out the door? What are people like right now?
Speaker 9: Well, Go Wear is flying out the door, of course. We're in tour season now in Bozeman. And a real hot cellar, which is one that we've had a major demand for for several years now. The Nome Packing Unicorn T shirt. Oh, that's finally back. Okay, we've we've had it, had to have been just about every day without fail. Somebody asked about what about this one?
Speaker 2: I like that one. That's a really good one too. Yep, we have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's sick.
Speaker 9: That one's really attractive to like the Southern.
Speaker 8: Folks selling T shirts and more time working on selling my beard.
Speaker 9: That's out in the common area right now, so everybody's that's the first thing they see when they walk in the store now, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of foot traffic going there. Talk to John, ask him about maybe a trivia question the upcoming week. Maybe I'll tell you, maybe not. It's everybody ready. Yeah, I'm but whatever. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth and Logan say botfly, Maxwell says blank fly, John says tick, Nate says new World screwworm. Brody says, screwworm, they got it. The correct answer is the screwworm. The screwworm was found inside a three week old calf, and two more cases regarding cattle and dogs followed shortly thereafter. Screw Worms, which are the maggot form of a fly, typically begin their life in an open wound before drilling into the animal's flesh. The parasite isn't a food safety issue, but it's largely managed by the USDA because it has potential to devastate the food we eat. The twenty sixteen screwworm outbreak in Florida killed nearly twenty percent of their endangered key deer population. Here is a picture of one of those key deer.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It commonly infects in their head because they go to an open wound. So if it's the rut and a buck got messed up by another buck that creates a natural spot for the screw worms to lay their eggs, is.
Speaker 4: That deer still alive?
Speaker 2: Like? Yeah, alive? If you find pictures of deer with screwworms, a lot of times it's in their head or maybe it's like you know, in their back Ham where they got caught by another buck. Really disgusting thing. I think they used to have we eradicated them in like the sixties, but they still show up sometimes. In the latest case was just in June in Texas. Question for the topic is fishing. John Gustiffson and Max Goldman sabotage each other's gear by cutting fishing nets and severing anchor lines in the sequel to this nineteen ninety three movie. You could tell me the sequel or just the regular you know number one that I'm asking for. Smiling John Gustifson.
Speaker 1: I didn't have it, I got it.
Speaker 2: And Max Goldman sabotage each other gear.
Speaker 8: About a particular joke that it cannot be repeated.
Speaker 2: On by cutting fishing nets and severing anchor lines in the sequel to this nineteen ninety three movie.
Speaker 3: I caught catfish on her the other day?
Speaker 2: You did, okay? Twenty pounds twenty pounds, twenty pounds caf in Montana.
Speaker 3: No, it is on is on here on?
Speaker 2: I think was a giant. Well you you certainly weren't targeting cats. Would it like a plug or a jig or what?
Speaker 3: Uh, just a jig with a crawler on it.
Speaker 2: Do they have flatheads in here on? Or was it a they do? It was a channel, but they that is a whopper channel. That's a big that's like in the ninety ninth sentile of channel catfish in the world. I'll get a picture up again. Question for the topic is fishing. John Gustafson and Max Goldman sabotage each other's gear by cutting fishing nets and severing anchor lines in the sequel to this nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: That thing, No, I threw them back.
Speaker 2: That is a wop.
Speaker 7: You can slack that to me seven if we want to show it on the channel.
Speaker 2: Well done, mm incoming Phil perfect, Seth, you have this one right.
Speaker 6: It's like the perfect question. I will never fishing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Spencer was like, what's the question? Brody would get right this one?
Speaker 2: You do not have this one right?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you have a fishing movie down?
Speaker 6: No, it's like a it's like a ocean movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, it could be cool. Great, is everybody ready?
Speaker 1: Did you put Captain Ron down? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, Max? Are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? Seth Seth says grumpier old man logan without an answer. Max says, rivers, run through it. John without an answer. Nate says, water world, brody, grumpy old man. The correct answer is grumpy old men. The sequel is grumpier old men. We'll take your answer. Grumpy old men and Grumpy Old Men are set and wabash Shah, Minnesota, a small town on the Mississippi River southeast of Minneapolis. The film follows neighbors John and Max, who have a relationship that fluctuates between friendly and feuding. They also share a love of fishing, which further complicates matters. In this scene, they are catfishing on the wedding day of John's daughter and Max's son. Take it away, Phil, You're.
Speaker 4: Right, it's not an important day.
Speaker 2: No reason here, hang on, drop the anchor backs, you cut the anchor, you cut the net, dickhead, I've never seen this.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: As in North Dakota. And you love this man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, put your glove, John, We're I'll show you how to.
Speaker 1: Do it the way he is going. D I want German working man.
Speaker 2: And this is the legendary fish catfish hunter Italy, Oly, my god, look at this, Holy Moly. Can't get his tail I got his tail catfish hunter. That was a flathead sets catfish hunter was a channel cat Look at that thing. Channel cats don't get much bigger than that set that is for channel catfish.
Speaker 4: Do you think that was a big mark like a walleye.
Speaker 10: Well, when it first hit, I was like, oh, that's a good fish, and I realized then I quickly realized that it was not a walleye.
Speaker 2: What did you think it was until you saw it was?
Speaker 10: Did you think maybe, like for a second, I thought I had like foul hooked a sturgeon or something, because I know that those are in there, good for you.
Speaker 2: But question five, the topic is gear. Motor Trend magazine says that your vehicle's blank case is quote the single most important part of four wheel drive.
Speaker 6: Dude, I just had some vehicle issues yesterday.
Speaker 2: Really is this thing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, okay could be worse than it could be. This thing. Motor Trend magazine says that your vehicle's blank case is quote the single most important part of four wheel drive.
Speaker 3: I've heard about this a lot, but have I done anything to it?
Speaker 6: Do I maintain it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: But know the single most important part.
Speaker 2: You're gonna change you.
Speaker 6: Don't know this.
Speaker 4: He's kind of unsure.
Speaker 2: It looks like Motor Trend magazine says that your vehicle's blank case is the single most important part of four wheel drive. Nate and Brody disagree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just don't know if i'd say this is the most important.
Speaker 2: The most important part. I mean, if you take away your wheels, hearing, wheel, and gas. It's everybody ready, quick answers in the room, go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth and Logan and Maxwell and John and Nate say transfer Brody says, differential. The correct answer is the transfer case. Oh how does that feel, Brody?
Speaker 1: It feels like I got it wrong?
Speaker 2: A transfer case, I look a couple, but we'll get a score up here, surely not the ones that matter. A transfer case is what distributes power from the transmission to both the front and rear axles to give you four wheel drive or all wheel drive. They can break due to a lack of fluid, improper use of four wheel drive, or internal wear over time. If you need to replace one, expect to pay between two thousand dollars and six thousand dollars. Has anybody ever had transfer case problems? Yeah? Yeah, you feel like you're getting immediate feedback if you're like abusing your four wheel drive. You know, if you like go from really muddy to taking a turn on dry, you're like.
Speaker 10: Oh, what I did have transfer case? Probably what was the issue in eighty eight Chevy Scottsdale in college and we we got us three foot snowstorm in Pennsylvania and we went up on the on the hill to Baja around and as soon as I pulled off the highway onto the road, I went to kick it in four wheel drive.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: It's the time you want to try. Pulled off the.
Speaker 10: Road immediately got stuck because I couldn't get in formal drive.
Speaker 2: Transfer went out. All right, we are halfway through our game of trivia. Phil, give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: Just a two point spread here between all of our players. Back of the pack. We've got Logan and John two points, Seth, Nate and Max have three. Unfortunately, Brody could not transfer his momentum to continue his perfect game because he has four points. Now, I'm just waiting for the trans to be the right answer to the question.
Speaker 2: Question six. The topic is hunting. This is our listener question of the week. Which was won by Eric Keeler. For sending this great question, Eric is going to get a one hundred and fifty dollars First Light gift card. If you want a chance to win the Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the medieater dot com. This gun maker introduced the buckmark symbol in nineteen seventy eight, which features a mule deer's silhouette that they call quote the outdoor industry's most iconic logo. We have six blank whiteboards in the room. This gun maker introduced the buckmark symbol in nineteen seventy eight, which features a mule deer silhouette that they call the outdoor industries most iconic logo.
Speaker 1: That's a bold statement.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you can say anything you want about your own brand. I don't know if it even disagree. Maybe not the most iconic, but one of them. Still six blank whiteboards. This gunmaker introduced the buckmark symbol in nineteen seventy eight, which features a mule deer silhouette that they call the outdoor industry's most iconic logo. Mm hmm max with you being annoyed.
Speaker 1: Mule deer silhouette I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna be anything. They call it a mule deer silhouette. That's what they that's what they identify it as. I'm Max and being in North Dakota, your your wife being a Minnesota you guys would love Grumpy Old Man. They're even one of them is even named after you. I know maybe you're named after Max maybe person.
Speaker 3: So you haven't seen those, either of those movies.
Speaker 4: I would be lying if I told you, yeah.
Speaker 3: The best movies ever. Do you think it's better than as Tombstone?
Speaker 2: It's a very earnest statement from set Mark. This gun maker introduced thank You Mark symbol in nineteen seventy eight, which features a mule deer silhouette that they call the outdoor industry's most iconic logo. Nate, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: No? No, just guess.
Speaker 2: John, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I think so he does.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think I think I think I got it out.
Speaker 2: The Pennsylvania boys, they like, they're interesting.
Speaker 6: What about the other Pa boy?
Speaker 2: What you first want to put his board down? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers, says Browning. Logan Ruger. That's right, John Brownstern, Remington, Brodie Browning. Yay, boys, got it over. The correct answer is Browning. Browning had some internal disagreement about the logo and its marketing department created it in nineteen seventy seven. Most notably people thought it should feature a white tail instead of a mule deer, but its creator said the muley showed the gun's western origins as a Utah brand and set it apart from New England competitors. The logo proved to be a success and has become one of the most popular tattoos among hunters. I feel like, if you know a hunter who has a tattoo, there's like a ten percent chance this is you never knew. You don't know? Yeah, that they call it their mulee silhouettes. Actual they had.
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Ron to question seven, the topic is public lands. Bar Harbor, Maine calls itself quote the gateway to Blank National Park.
Speaker 3: I just didn't recognize it when you said Bar Harbor, Phil.
Speaker 2: Give us your best.
Speaker 3: I don't have a good boss.
Speaker 2: Bar Harbor, Maine calls itself the gateway to Blank National Park.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've been there. I've been there many times.
Speaker 2: Really, yep, many a times to Bar Harbor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good loster roles there, Yep.
Speaker 2: I bet I would love to go there and have a lostter role. MH. Brody very quickly came up with an answer or other five players.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this place has been on my list of places to go.
Speaker 2: I've never now you move so far away from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Bar Harbor calls itself the gateway to Blank National Park.
Speaker 10: When I was when I decided I was going to move out of Pennsylvania, I was split between Montana and Maine.
Speaker 1: Both good choices.
Speaker 2: You'd be a moose hunting machine.
Speaker 6: I love Maynor, They're good.
Speaker 3: The Maine is a great state.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, Nate, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It gave for Odi a chuckle.
Speaker 3: It's one of those deals where when I hear it, I'm gonna yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: And you think you've been to this national park or you've just been to Bajaba.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've been to the national park.
Speaker 2: Okay, Maxwell, trying to come up with a national park, wrote down a letter. Bar Harbor, Maine calls itself the gateway to Blank National Park. Walk us through your thinking process down there.
Speaker 4: Max, there's not much to it.
Speaker 1: I know of it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I just don't know where this is exactly.
Speaker 1: Maxon never even bothers to try hiding.
Speaker 5: His board because I don't even know if you're gonna be right.
Speaker 2: When he got the Randall seat today, I know she's kind of a of an in spot in the studio.
Speaker 3: Does Randall just get here ten minutes early in A.
Speaker 2: I think he does do that. Yeah, and uh. Sometimes someone who's not real familiar with the show will take that spot and random, you know, kind of give him a look I think this is and then reluctantly take a different spot. Max. Are you ready, Seth? Are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? Seth says Akadia Logan Appalachian. Maxwell tried to John Akad is, let's see that white boy. Don't change it, Nate, says Centennial Brody.
Speaker 3: A Kadia.
Speaker 2: The direct answer is A Kadia, A C A D I A.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of distractions, the Horrible Speller.
Speaker 2: With over four million visitors each year, Acadia is the seventh most visited national park in America, ranking between Rocky Mountain and Grand Teeton. It is home to Cadillac Mountain, which is the tallest mountain on the Atlantic coast of the United States Acadia. It was the first national park created from private lands gifted to the public.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 10: I heard Mexico as I'm like, ah.
Speaker 2: The highest mountain on the Atlantic coast, Brody, I said, this last game, what's your question?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Highest mountain on the Atlantic coast?
Speaker 2: I assume that, like you can, you know, see the water, like throw a rock and hit the water from it. The highest mountain on the Atlantic coast of the United States. So that's not counting our friends in Canada.
Speaker 4: Brods, I said this last game. I don't play to win. I played have fun.
Speaker 2: Good, you're having fun? Yeah? Always. Question eight, the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Tim allen As. I'm sorry I should have warned you now, I just expected. Tim is a prolific trivia question writer in her so Phil, you better, what's going on? We got a dive bar situation flickering all right? Topic is fishing. This word, which is defined as quote. The way a rod flexes under a load, can be described as fast, medium, or slow. This word, which is defined as the way a rod flexes under a load, can be described as fast, medium, or slow. The PA boys again sharing that brain. They all look confident. The non PA suckers not so much.
Speaker 1: Nope, Maxer, you're an angler.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I think I got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean we know Nate's not going to get it.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to lean in my physics background.
Speaker 2: This word, which is defined as the way a rod flexes under a load, can be described as fast, medium, or slow. Hmmm, Logan, do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I think so. It's trick up a bit o.
Speaker 2: Seth is questioning his answer. Oh, the silence kills me. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: Give me one second?
Speaker 2: Nate's got a noodle on this. What's your physics background? High school physics class.
Speaker 4: Ten years ago.
Speaker 2: I think under that definition everybody has a physics background.
Speaker 6: I hope you wouldn't ask.
Speaker 2: Okay, Seth making the last second, sticking with my gut change, is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth crossed out power and went with that Logan action Maxwell action, John action, Nate's tensile brody action. The correct answer is action. The room did well, good on you set for making that last second change order.
Speaker 3: The mediums. The medium messed me up because you have like a medium like isn't.
Speaker 2: Powers like heavy lights ultra light? Yeah, I think it's Sometimes instead of medium, you'll see moderate, so fast, moderate, medium, slow. A fast action rod will flex at the tip of the rod before it reaches its backbone, while a slow action rod bends all the way down towards your fishing wheel. Fast action rods are more popular for jig fishing, where you're making contact with the bottom and creating slacking the line. Slow action rods are best for when you're using treble hooks, live bait, or lightline. Here's a diagram showing you how the different rods will bend based on if it's a fast action or moditor action slow action. A there, that's an extra fast action so there you're only getting some little bit of band at the end of your rod. Broomstick or it's like d D that you're looking at a moderate action that would be a noodle. What would ugly stick be, well, I mean I think they still span different. Yeah, they would have fast, slow, medium.
Speaker 4: I think of ugly stick. I think of this.
Speaker 2: Break dishwasher. John's referring to a wife trying to not get her husband to go fishing. So he shoves the She shoves the ugly stick down the garbage disposal.
Speaker 8: Ugly sticks in my quiver. Man, those boys can't break.
Speaker 2: Them all right? Failed? Two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: This spreads a little more wide this time around. We've got Logan and Nate tied up now with three points. Max and John have five, but it's close up. Top seth Scott's experty has seven.
Speaker 2: Question nine The topic is natural history. Mount Mount which National Geographic calls the world's most dangerous volcano is located in this country.
Speaker 6: Been there really?
Speaker 2: Okay? There's a hint if you know Nate's travels Mountain.
Speaker 6: I lived there.
Speaker 2: Okay. That is a hefty mount which the National Geographic calls quote the world's most dangerous volcano is located in this country.
Speaker 6: I'm pulling for you, sir.
Speaker 3: Is it an island?
Speaker 6: I can't conscious.
Speaker 2: Say, has lived? How many countries have you lived in?
Speaker 6: Nate? I think just two?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I I guess your definition of lived is what would define that?
Speaker 2: Okay? I like sleep in a place for a month, consecutively five five countries. Nate's lived in Mount Vesuvius, which National Geographic calls the world's most dangerous volcano, is located in this country. If Brody can get this one right, sorry, Seth gets it wrong, that will wrap up the victory for Brody with one question to go. If Brody gets it wrong and Seth gets it right, we'll be tied going into question ten.
Speaker 10: Pulling for you, I don't know spell it.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're right.
Speaker 2: Another hit. Have you been to the actual mount? It's everybody ready. Brody, do you have this one right? It took you man.
Speaker 1: We'll find out.
Speaker 2: John not doing good over here? Okay. Do you have a country written down?
Speaker 9: I'll write a country down.
Speaker 2: Okay. Then we're gonna flip them over. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth says, what's that say?
Speaker 5: Italy?
Speaker 2: Maxwest, John, Japan, Nate, Italy, Brody Greece. The correct answer is Italy. I was located in southern Italy. Mount Vesuvius is the only volcano on Europe's mainland that's erupted in the last one hundred years. Its most famous event was in seventy nine a d when it obliterated Pompeii, killing thousands in the area. It's estimated that eruption released one hundred thousand times the thermal energy of an atomic bomb. It pumped out so much sulfur, dioxide and ash into the atmosphere that it temporarily altered global climates, and scientists say that based on tree ring growth, regional temperatures were actually cooler for a few years afterwards. What was your experience on Mount Vesuvius.
Speaker 6: Which is I mean I was like four. We hiked up there. I remember, it was cool. There's like no rules to speak of, so you just go up there and look in the crater's sick.
Speaker 2: Oh you went like to the top.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great. You should if you find yourself in southern Italy, you should.
Speaker 3: Go remember things from when you were a four?
Speaker 6: Do you I remember things when I was two and a half, and not even fake memories. This is a whole debate. This is a whole debate. We're not going to get out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I think part of part of the danger of Mount Vesuvius is that there's like three million people who live, you know, within what would be an eruption.
Speaker 4: So how long did you live in Italy?
Speaker 6: Two and a half years?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, here's a correct answer. Review so far one was blue winged teal two, Roman Candle three screwworm four, grumpy old Men five, transfer case six Browning seven, Acadia National Park eight Action nine Italy phil scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: No change amongst the competitive players here, but we got logan innate with four points.
Speaker 2: Now. Question ten. The topic is conservation. South Carolina labels this six letter plant as a severe environmental threat, describing it as having quote woody stems, branched growth, and often large size hm six six letters. South Carolina labels this six letter plant as a severe environmental threat, describing it as having woody stems, branched growth, and often large size. Brody, do you like your answer?
Speaker 1: I had answer?
Speaker 2: Okay, if he gets it right, he will have won the game. He gets it wrong and Seth gets it right, we will go to overtime. And I think we are on an overtime drought. Here, immediate trivia to benemite. Okay, I'm gonna give Seth a minute. He's he's drawn his Hangman characters. Now he's just got to find a six letter plant that South Carolina labels as a severe environmental threat, describing it as having woody stems, branched growth, and often large size. Brody the only player with an answer so far, Nate, do you like your answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I thought I had it, but it was only five letters. So I've changed the spelling and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: What do I mean by large size?
Speaker 2: I don't know whatever South Carolina would describe as being often large size, woody stems, branched growth, and often large size. Phil, you had a little chuckle over there? Anything? Oh?
Speaker 7: I just thought it was funny that Nate said he would change the spelling, or as if that might make it correct.
Speaker 6: You never know.
Speaker 2: Max had a seven letter word over there. Did you spell the six letter word wrong? By chance?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: Chan?
Speaker 6: Chance?
Speaker 2: Okay? I still get seven. Seth still has a blank whiteboard. Brody may have the authoritative victory.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 3: I probably know it.
Speaker 2: South Carolina labels this six letter plant as a severe environmental threat, describing it as having woody stems, branched growth, and often large size. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 2: Seth? You give up? Go ahead and reveal your answers, seth your logan without an answer. Maxwell says mangrove John without an answer, Nate says kudzoo. Brody says bamboo bro got it. The correct answer is bamboo. Clemson University calls bamboo quote one of the most difficult to control plants end quote, a homeowner's worst nightmare. It's established the invasive plant will take over landscapes, stream banks, and woodlands. Clemson says you must be patient while treating bamboo, as the plant requires an intensive control program over several years. Does anybody have any experience with bamboo?
Speaker 10: No, My grandparents have a patch of it on the edge of their property.
Speaker 2: Oh, they kept it controlled well, it was it.
Speaker 10: Was on the neighbors and they yeah, it would like come over. Yeah, they would cut it down all the time. I think the neighbor would put some like diesel fuel on it, cut it and put diesel fuel on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe, which is you know, probably not environmentally friendly.
Speaker 2: When I was going when I was going through my orchard project, I would get served all kinds of like landscaping, I don't know, pant plant care content on social media and there was a while where it was just like bamboo thing after bamboo thing, and it just it does look like a homeowner's worst nightmare. Yeah, you just got no shot against you'll like ruin the foundation of your house if you let it.
Speaker 6: I'd hunts those covered in bamboo, and I always felt like it'ld be a great place for deer to disappear into m if they can get into it.
Speaker 2: Did you ever find them there? No?
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't hunt a whole time. Was a real thing, but it was just enough.
Speaker 2: Was like, I think something here too thick. It's takeover stuff. All right, Brody is today's winner. He got eight correct answers. Brody, what are you gonna do with that five hundred dollars donation?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go back to my old stand by the Mule Deer Foundation. Uh got an article in their summer magazine coming out.
Speaker 2: So oh it's great about what fire?
Speaker 8: And okay, I think the whole, the whole darn uh issue of that magazine.
Speaker 1: Might be about fire.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, ok? Yeah, all right, Brody sent in five hundred dollars to the Mule Deer Foundation. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host using those smooth, mellow tone and he lays them questions.
Speaker 9: Down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 1: And is an avid amateur lockhow