Speaker 1: Well, what's your Is that a Loong June shirt?
Speaker 2: What does it say?
Speaker 1: Bong June? Oh just just Bong June hope, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's probably very possibly AI generated off of that sea, but.
Speaker 1: It is at this point, you know.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand Bank June Hoe. At least it's images, it's clips. Actually you know what, it probably wasn't, but it was probably algorithmically generated by Yeah. Yeah, like you put in twenty images of Bong June Hoe and it does the text.
Speaker 2: But you bought that outside the Magic Johnson Theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it does look like yeah, like you came out of what Mickey Mickey seventeen.
Speaker 3: I did wear this to Mickey seventeen, but I put up and someone's like, yo, I got them right here.
Speaker 1: Bro to one for twenty two for thirty Hey Internet, how you doing, good morning, good to see you, good to hear from you. It's uh, you know, season three eighty four, episode one of the data. But look, we call this what happened What the hell happened over the weekend trending episode where we catch up on all the nonsense and what the heck's going on? Yeah, yeah, what the heck? What the heck's going on. Uh look, Jack will be back soon, but hey, it's still me in the place to be with my main co hosts, Andrew T. Thank you Andrew T for joining me on this Tea n D episode of dz Okay. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't want you to keep going.
Speaker 3: I thought we finally deposed the white Man and now we rule as we see fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, we did, only for him to return. It's funny because every time Jack goes out of town is something cataclysmic happens. Like last time it was the first assassination attempt on Trump and the debate. There's that Joe Biden debate where I was like, did the airplane or what film is that where everyone does a forehead slap. It's one of those Zucker movies. Yeah, yeah, maybe it's like airplane airplane or naked gun or some shit. And then this time we got tariff fuck fest. He's got a lot to answer, He's got a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, it does feel like like basically Jack takes off for his market manipulation summits, and then every time Jack.
Speaker 1: Leaves, he makes three hundred million dollars in the stock market. I don't know. I just don't know. And never he never lets me in on any of these tips. But anyway, here we are telling you what's trending. Before we get to what the news was. We like to open our hearts and minds to you. Zeichkang, let you know what's overrated and underrated in our minds. Guests first, Andrew T, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm I'm losing faith that I haven't said this already, but I'll say it again. I'm just completely fucking your Spotify algorithm. Oh just like, listen to for one day a month, just listen to some shit you would never listen to, right, just so like and it really mixes it up. And not that even that this is music I find like bad. It's just music I don't really listen to. But the show Common Side Effects has I don't know if you've ever heard of it. Yeah, HBO and twim Max whatever has for the first time, I think the only two good cops in UH cinematic televised history. These two cops named Campano and Harrington, who love like seventies disco, like electronica, funk ish type stuff and anyway, Almost every one of their scenes opens with them discussing like music esoterica before they get into like their like stakeout business. Yeah, Tallow disco producer Brian's talking about it's it's true and it is it is like like it's so nicely worked into the animation. There's always doing a little shoulder shimmy like every time they're talking. Anyway, someone on Spotify made a playlist of their like the music they're discussing. Yeah, so this weekend I had that on repeat, and you know it's I'll.
Speaker 2: Just I'll just look at this playlist.
Speaker 3: Now we got like Jumped the Line by Harry Belafonte, Nothing Too Crazy rescut by Bony m Oh Yeah, Let's see You, Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate War Edwin Starr, which also underrated, just admonishing society in your in your ad libs when when Edwin Star says good God, y'all, it's really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like I think this era of music, it's like music I like, but I don't like listen to a lot. Sure, and just like one weekend of playing this Compano and Harrington playlist really refreshed my my suggestions on Spotify. So I think in general, algorithm fucking just like make sure they don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's so funny, Like I now that I've now that I'm doing midlife cris DJ stuff as my new hobby, I have like an entire other YouTube account that I watch a bunch of DJ kind of stuff on because I'm like, I don't want to poison my other algorithm that I have, Like I have algorithm silos basically where I keep it clean. I'm like, this is just a nerd out on cooking and dejaying. Yeah, and then but the thing about the algorithm one, it is wild because there are times when I let her majesty like play something because she refuses to get Spotify. She's like, I'm fine using like the free things that are late chok full of ads, and she loses her mind. She like, I can't do this, and I'm like, why don't we just do Like I'll just add you to the counch. No, I don't need Spotify, just let me use yours. And it fucks my algorithm up bad like, and it is music I'm not really like into or want to hear because I listen to a ton of music, and I like it, like bringing new stuff that I like all the time. I feel like when that happens, it feels like whatever's happening with the economy right now, It's like, with just this one moment in time with the tariffs, you can completely fuck up your algorithm for.
Speaker 3: At least but Miles, here's my pitch to you. Okay, it makes you a more active listener to like to have your algorithm and even if you hate.
Speaker 2: Something, move on from it. And I genuinely think.
Speaker 3: You know you're not gonna do it, and you shouldn't because you have your system. But I am saying for the people, no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm not saying. I'm just saying I have scram your data.
Speaker 3: Scramble your data as much as you can. Just just throw in, throw in a Joe Roken experience, every like one hundredth podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen that way, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta know what they're saying. You got they're saying because you like it.
Speaker 2: It truly it's it's so.
Speaker 3: I I genuinely find it to be because like every time, like Instagram or anyone advertises to me, I take some small comfort in how wrong they are.
Speaker 2: They genuinely do not have to do a.
Speaker 1: Thing where like you won't because like out of some weird like paranoia from like watching Enemy of the State or like conspiracy in the nineties, Like you won't do things on the internet. This this makes sense, Like you don't. You don't want to feed an algorithm a certain thing you might be interesting because you're trying to keep some of your cars.
Speaker 2: I probably should have. I think I think we all.
Speaker 3: Anyone who's listening to this podcast, Anyone who didn't set up like a VPN account to download the MP three onto a cold storage and listen to this on a separate device, has already given too.
Speaker 2: Much of the algorithm.
Speaker 3: So I mean that That's what I'm saying is like you've already put too much out here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the only way.
Speaker 3: To obfuscate yourself is to flood the zone with guard shit. Yeah yeah yeah, because you can't, like you can't take back what you've already put out there, right, But what you can do is make them wrong about who they are.
Speaker 1: To throw them off the scent. Yeah, everybody challenge throw them off the scent. I'm like, I'm one going to be watching some weird shit about ship.
Speaker 3: Don't I should heavily asterisk this with I don't know what I'm talking about, but.
Speaker 1: That's we should heavily ask this entire show with that. But hey, people are here for the for the vibes, you know, not the facts. It's all about vibes. Were dealing vibes here. My underrated is crawfish end the story. Really, it's the season. It's crawfish season. Well, no, this is when you get fresh crawfish because a lot of times other times you're getting frozen crawfish. This is when it's fresh. And if you like a good crawfish like I do and our mutual friend Kevin does you know, we like to get we like to eat some mudbugs. I just keep I just realized that we were like in the height of like we're approach, like we're in the midst of the best time for crawfish, and I just got excited, and I just I just like, I think it's about it's about a communal table with a bunch of weird carcasses that you just rip through and disc hard, you know, to metaphor yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I I find it a little frustrating eating crawfish with some folks. I eat.
Speaker 2: I mean, clearly something's wrong with me.
Speaker 3: But I have a very much like if you don't eat it my way, you're eating it wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your I mean just like thing, yeah, just like they're like, oh, you should maybe separate the tail, and just.
Speaker 2: Like, nah, nah I do. I am fully onto.
Speaker 3: I have not left a shrimp shell or any portion of shrimp on a plate in going on ten years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I eat if it's a shell, I take the outer part off, but I always eat the tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not meat, dog, you eat.
Speaker 1: The outer part.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 1: I like the little I like the shrimp meat because then I get my crunchies from the tail, you know what I mean. And then I'm definitely eating the fucking head the skull.
Speaker 3: This was like, this was like an uh a, this was me trying to prove a point that I went too far on.
Speaker 1: But like you'd like, watch this ship. Yeah yeah, yeah, those are raw.
Speaker 2: It's I don't know, man, something something's wrong with me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's the thing, is I I am I become like that dickhead that's like you have not sufficiently sucked the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: The same way because I was also raised like with my dad's family. Like my grandfather is a like he had a barbecue restaurant and was always smoking really and shit like that, and he would always comment on how much meat people because obviously he's a black man from the depression. He's like, he's like, boy, you better rake that boney. He's like, there's still meat on there. And I'm like, and then I took that with me into adulthood. Now now I'm calling people out for not sufficiently raking the bone. Right, Yeah, here, we're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just you just have to like pick your battles. But we're right.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I pick every battle, and which is the hard part. Every time there's a battle, I'm picking it. I know. I never stand down, and that's why people don't want to hang out with me anymore. Yeah, I'm talking about, Oh.
Speaker 2: You can leave that cartilage. There's a cartilage on that bone.
Speaker 1: You think. It's also like being like I feel like having immigrant parents also like sort of contributes to that environment where you're it's like waste not want not kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I think, No, we eat that part immigrant.
Speaker 3: But also because like especially like like we're in like media, which has like too much where we're we professionally and probably socially are around I would say eight to fifteen percent too many white people. So I think part of the two is like really needing to like make your market and remind me of yourself who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like no, because it's funny. My mom would say shit like that growing up. She's like you, She's like eat the tail. She's like, what are you American? Yeah, like like America shaming, like ause, you know, shout out my mom for her light America shame. She's like, look at you cleaning those dishes, like you American that kind of like leaving stuff, like not cleaning stuff sufficiently. The slur was always oh, like yeah, it's really yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean the like immigrant kid thing is the frustration of like if you didn't want an American, why did you come there?
Speaker 1: Why? And then but then I know it's look, you're putting all your America assimilation dreams onto me while also being at odds with that dream at the same time, and you're giving me double speak. But either way, now I'm an insufferable dinner guest. Thank you parents, h Andrew. What's something you think is overrated since we're talking about food.
Speaker 3: Yes, my overrated is actually I will I will walk back some of the stuff. All the stuff we just did is a little overrated. Hating on like white people versions of food. I really I made before I.
Speaker 2: Think, Oh did I fuck man? Okay, okay, well what's your example?
Speaker 1: Because I remember you saying something about like we go to I felt like a while back you're saying like we too hard on white people's versions of stuff, and oh well.
Speaker 3: So here's what I did is this weekend I got a little bored and I had chicken breast in the house, which is I had boneless, skinless chicken breast in the house because okay, two things.
Speaker 2: When is I made this is? This is going to blow your mind.
Speaker 3: The best chicken stock recipe is chicken breast, boneless, skinless or otherwise you can you can do a little bone what chicken breast and aromatics in the instant pot is shockingly the best chicken stock.
Speaker 1: I guess technically, where are the where are the bones? Where are the skin? Where? What the fuck are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Do not know? But I promise you it's so good it will blow your mind.
Speaker 1: I'm actually fucking that you're even saying this goes against it all of philosophically, everything I thought I knew about cooking and the way I cook.
Speaker 3: I'm basically giving you the same pitch that the person who sold me others rest if it did was, like, I know, I know, it will make you mad. This goes counter to literally everything you've ever learned. But I swear to God it works, and it really did.
Speaker 1: We're talking like a Mirpa kind of thing, like you got even.
Speaker 3: I just used veggie scraps in my freezer, like I canicually save for veggie broth. But I took a boneless, skinless chicken breast, browned it in the instant pot, took it out, browned my veggie scraps, put the chicken breast on top water instant pot for forty five minutes, Let it cool, naturally, straight the fuck out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's already pretty flavorless, but the chicken breast is.
Speaker 2: If you're making like a soup. In my case, I was making Manziball.
Speaker 3: Soup for a sodor style dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, common, non religious, but.
Speaker 1: You celebrating the occasion, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I will say this.
Speaker 2: I also made a brisket.
Speaker 3: I think the passover sador, the traditional like you know, European Ish passive orsador is like my favorite food holiday like you.
Speaker 1: Like bars it and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, I like herosat.
Speaker 3: I like I like a gafilter fish from the jar with motherfucking horse radish, so good.
Speaker 2: I love all of it anyway.
Speaker 1: Herost with horse radish on a piece of matza.
Speaker 2: I put all of it together. You do that real? I'm a real like mash it all together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get I get nasty at anyway, So you made this so okay, So what do you do with the chicken out after you make them? Stock?
Speaker 3: So you can so in case I shredded and put it back into also put a mad duck fat instead of vegetable oil in the mansa balls.
Speaker 2: They're very dense but very good.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're not even using like traditional schmaltz.
Speaker 2: You're kind of little Well, I had duck fat for yellow.
Speaker 3: Want to know anyway, The point is, uh, so that's the chicken broth recipe. But also I had boneless, skinless fucking chicken breast in my fridge, so I was like, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna Chinese American like chicken and broccoli, and I fucking like velveted that ship with like baking soda and corn starch and like all this business.
Speaker 2: And I have to say, I was like, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I said, if this is a repeat, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, no, this isn't. This is not. This is not, this is not. And now I'm I'm I don't have an instant pot. I never did, so it's not like I can make a I lost one in the fire joke. Yeah, but I'm in the market for that and an air fryer because I didn't have an air I never had an air fryer either, because I'm just so like old school with the way I I'm not old school, I just never got one.
Speaker 3: I'm an unbelievable hater on air friers and I do not own one, but I have I have come to understand that they're quite good.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well, but good for that.
Speaker 3: I'm a hater, as you can tell. I'm a fucking like look, look, i'm a professional.
Speaker 1: The table the o, so my overrated I'm just gonna go ahead since we're just contradicting ourselves with our overrateds from the underrated. H Yeah, like you were saying, fuck up your algorithm, do something different. My overrated is going to concerts for the genres you love only and not branching out because I went to a fucking metal show. I saw Machuga and Cannibal Corpse on Wednesday. And my boy is super into metal. Like one of my old roommates who I used to work with in politics, he put me onto like a lot of metal and I was always like, bro, this is not for me, and he's like, dude, it's He's like if you actually under like you like music, like musicianship, He's like, yeah, listen to what they're playing and listen to how they're playing it, like listen to the like you fuck with good drumming, listen to this. And I was like hooked. I was like damn, like this shit is fucking crazy to me. And then after the fire, he was like, hey, dude, I got his tickets, like we can go see my shuga. He's like, you know, like you I always send you tracks listen to, but we can go see the show. And he's like, and they don't like, this will be a good show to go to. I was like, A, I don't know, but it's not really my vibe. And then I'm like, I'm like, fuck, I don't even know. I don't even know what my vibe is anymore. So I said, let's go, dude. It was so fucking dope to see because like just being in that completely different environment. I mean I remember going to like metal kind of is shows like where people were mashing when I was like younger, but the way this circle pit opened up during like these two acts I was I was just like everything was very stimulating in this very interesting way, and it really just gave me a different dimension because I think it's like anything right when we kind of like look at genres of music or the fans of genres of music, you're like, oh yeah, it's all kind of like this way or whatever. And sure, maybe visually like the aesthetic is that, but then you go and you kind of like are talking to people and just seeing what's up, and it's like it's just anyway, shout out, shout out people, shout out all genres of music except for ones where there's like actively racist people at them. This shit was just so fun and getting out of your comfort zone, especially with music, I think is a really easy way to like give yourself a quick expansion, like like travel. Does you know what I mean? It feels like travel in this really weird way when you go and really kind of like find a genre you're kind of curious about, because don't subject yourself to music you can't stand. That's gonna be just not enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Below.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you think if you dabble and you're like, oh, that kind of sounds good, just go check it out.
Speaker 2: It's gonna listen.
Speaker 3: It a tallow disco plus metal, is what we're saying here. Yeah, I do not have the same relationship to music that you do. I feel like on a like connoisseurce ship level. But what I have been trying to do is just like shimmy my shoulders a little bit. It's strongly inspired by this TV show and it.
Speaker 2: Helps a lot.
Speaker 1: Dude, shimmy gotta shame you gotta let your big toast shoot up in your boot.
Speaker 2: We we this is listen.
Speaker 3: The viewers are suffering because this is not a video episode, but but we we're just we've been.
Speaker 2: Doing this thing.
Speaker 1: It looks like that at the Roxbury Yeah plus middle age.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, when those over under, we got to keep your neck limber because my traps are like killing you right now, all right, we'll come right back to tell you about the news after this.
Speaker 1: And we are back. I always think of this tweet where it must have been a brit who tweeted it because it said you can't spell tariffs without ffs uh. For fuck's sake, because my god, so many one eighties, three sixties, seven twenties, ten eighties. We don't know what which direction we were ever oriented in when it comes to tariffs, not we the president. So just days after we all found out that Apple flew like five cargo planes ak six hundred tons of iPhones to the US to avoid the tariffs, the Trump administration like randomly and quietly issued an exemption to China's quote reciprocal tariffs, but just for electronics like cell phones, in computers, in other words, the country's most valuable export. And you're like, oh, okay, that's that. That that's good, I think right. The move, also, I think should be noted, would also benefit big tech companies like Apple, Samsung, and chip makers like Nvidia. All people who have tried to sidle up to to Trump over the last year.
Speaker 3: Well, and and also the people who the like fucking four companies that really make up the reality of the stock market. So helping them gives the like simple s and p five hundred pumps.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many people are like telling Trump it's like, dude, in Vidia cannot crash. Dude that whole AI fucking bubble Ye advise on a few different factors, and that's a big one. Well he's I mean, he's surrounded by like bitcoin bros. So like, yeah, but I think so anyway, I think, yeah, we have no idea what the fuck he's thinking. Because then so Howard Lutnik was on TV and he was basically suggesting iPhone. You know, we looked at this clip where he was being like they got to be made in the US, you know, like where they got the millions of screws or people that put in tiny screws. But then he contradicted himself later like because then automation will do all that and Elon's robots, and you're like, is are we tiny screwing or the robots doing it for us?
Speaker 2: But also like these guys talk so much shit.
Speaker 3: But like, you know, for considering that, they're the fucking like facts, don't care about your feelings.
Speaker 2: People like yeah what robots, dog can't do shit?
Speaker 1: I know, they're like the one that kim Ka laid down with in an ad. Yeah, that's not.
Speaker 3: Even close that happening for They can keep talking science fiction if they want, but like, this is not real.
Speaker 1: I so like, yeah, it must be cool to be like a boomer where that shit is so magical to you and you think it's happened because like it is said with this like gee whiz kind. Yeah's robots, Yeah, like they really believe it. Yeah, yeah, maybe he's like Elon showed me a clip on his phone of like a robot fucking doing screws. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: But no, I mean that's the thing is the country is being run by people who because they were voted in by these people who can be fooled by Facebook videos.
Speaker 1: They can be fooled by another man showing them a video on their phone.
Speaker 2: And accept that as reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like the bar for a lot of these people. Then, following the exemption news, let Nick then told ABC that it was only temporary and that the same products will be subject to quote semiconductor tariffs in a quote month or two. It's just like so wild. Everyone's like, where where the fuck are we at? Of course this is all just pointless because these tariffs that are upending global trade in the economy. Turns out, at this moment, or at at least as of this weekend, the reporting was that these tariffs aren't even being collected because the US Customs and Border Protection quote an entry code in the US system for American ships we used to have they're freight exempted from tariffs isn't working. So a glitch is now saying we're not even collecting fucking tariffs. Setport.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the awesome thing too, is like, listen, the one thing I bring to the table I think that maybe not a lot of your guests or people in the podcast world, is like, I spent my twenties being a bad computer programmer. I literally wrote code that was like good enough to keep me employed, but was objectively bad, right, And I know bad coder is when I see it. And all this dose shit is just a bunch of fucking software clouds who are bad at that. You're not even bad at their job. What's the road. What's the road, like, what's the gateway? What's like the Pokemon evolution of a code or to end up at doge Like where are these people starting? What are they even trying to? Like, what are they pursuing? What's their dream job?
Speaker 1: Is just to right shitty code or code is just like the means to the end I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, these guys are probably like fucking Silicon Valley like software guys because they're on their twenties.
Speaker 2: Like the road is short, the road is short.
Speaker 3: They were you know, probably like just like Nazis on like gethub comments sections and are willing to do this like like that's the thing is like then the number one job requirement is willing to do that because like none of it is technical. They're like like the thing that impresses Elon Moore is not like, oh this code is bug bug free, even because like when he started at Twitter, he was like I'll personally be reviewing the code and it's like, no, you want you And even if you were good, you're not a fucking engineer like like what you dickhead?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, of course, Like.
Speaker 3: So like these guys like but he's impressed by the Silicon Valley culture of like oh shit, we like we slept in our offices and we've been eating pizza for nine days straight, like you know, corporate pizza, but like none of the actual like engineering or realizing that like this shit takes time.
Speaker 2: Like he thinks hacking.
Speaker 3: Is just like tap tap tapping at the thing and being like, I'm.
Speaker 1: In even I think he think hacks. He probably thinks hacking is just wearing really tiny sunglasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: He's like, dude, look at these little fucking lenses. I got shout out Jamie loftus cosplays.
Speaker 3: So like like I think I suspect.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't fucking know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure these guys were like good at one guy called big Balls. Yeah, they're not on like working on a timeline where like it matters. They're just like like hatching shit, breaking stuff like if it works, it works. If not, like oops, will like fix it later. But the thing is, it's like you know these these small mistakes these days have consequences and like to go fast break things. It's like, well, you're breaking things that are permanently broken and are like even even these marginal like say they fix this tariff code in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: That's fucking billions of dolls.
Speaker 1: Yes, gone, thank god they're not. But either way, it's still affecting the economy at large.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But oh wait, just so you know, on fucking Sunday, President brain Rot got on his fucking Fisher Price phone and decided to blast this message out. Quote, there was no tariff exception. These products are subject to the existing twenty percent fentanyl tariffs and they are just moving to a different tariff bucket. Okay, dude, I just want to know. I like, where is the signal chat where I can get on to find out where all the oligarchs get their heads ups on when to buy or dump stock? Because this shit is still to open at this point.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. You're liable to get added to that shit. I know, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Merely saying it out loud, like with all the probably surveillance tech, like I can work the algorithms. Yeah, you have been very add miles to Secret Signal Group. I know you're add to ballers on the stock Market Crew Group thread on Signal Now, all right, then, the Supreme Court kind of told Trump to bring back kilmar Abrego Garcia, the innocent father of three from Maryland who was taken away to El Salvador to a torture prison. So then shit got pedantic. So basically, the court ruled that the Trump administration had to facilitate the return of the innocent man. Then it got pedantic as the White House then said they only had to facilitate and not effectuate their return. Saturday, things escalated further when the administration had to go to court to let the judge know what steps were being taken to return Abrego Garcia to the United States. They basically just said, we ain't doing shit, bro, you can't really do nothing about it. This is what one of the lawyers said when they were asked what steps have been taken to return this man. This is how the answer quote. It is my understanding, based on official reporting from our embassy in San Salvador, that Abrego Garcia is currently being held in the terrorism Confinement Center in El Salvador. He is alive and secure in that facility. He has detained pursue it to the sovereign domestic authority of El Salvador. So sorry, my honor, they are sovereign nation. We respect sovereign nations and the sovereignty of all nations, and we can't make them do anything. Therefore shrug emoji. This is like dark for so many reasons, But the two that really stick out are that what is really going on with Kilmar Abrego Garcia? Is he missing? Is he alive still? What is the like? That's what are they delaying because they don't know where he's at or what the state of him is. But and also at the same time, because it can be both or either, they definitely want to probably set a precedent here that disappearing people in the country without due process and saying that once they're off us soil ah, we can't do anything about it. They want to sort of cross that rubicon, and if they listen to the judge, then they sort of they lose that tactic. And the one thing we know is President Bukele of El Salvador will do or say whatever Trump wants, And in fact, on Monday he's visiting Trump for whatever reason. I think, maybe just to rub it in people's faces, or maybe Bukeles like, hey, how are we going to play this one?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Like what the fuck you're gonna do here?
Speaker 3: But yeah, very very grim I mean this plus the like tariff's business too, though, is at like to the extent that there is a tiny shred of a silver lining here, is that like as much power as like Trump and trumpsm wields domestically and internationally, there are pieces of international like like you know, not Ol Salvador, but China doesn't have.
Speaker 2: To go along with you know, just craziness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, you can all die together, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Russia doesn't have to, and so like, and you watch them like get bogged down in the details.
Speaker 2: Like Trump likes making proclamations.
Speaker 3: He does not like talking about different tariff buckets, or like the difference between facilitate and effectuating.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So like you.
Speaker 2: Know, obviously this is bad and worse than the first Trump one.
Speaker 3: But the thing that really did happen last time is he very clearly got bored with the bureaucracy and like, you know, not that damage can't be done, but that is sort of what it is weird watching them sort of get smothered by bureaucracy, like rightful bureaucracy and like not even just bureaucracy, just rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're trying to push through. I mean, that's definitely clear because they I think they to your point, like they knew that's what held things up a lot last time. And now they're like, well, if we're going to go full mask off, like we got to get ahead of it. But they there's still a few roadblocks. I hope, Well it helps.
Speaker 3: It helps that they're dumb, and it helps that like reality is not on their side, like what are they actually going to do. They're still like they're like, I mean, look, they are taking us with them, but they are wiley coyote several paces off the edge of the cliff at this point, and they just need to keep pumping their legs than running.
Speaker 1: I know, but we're all tethered to it is the problem. And as this happens, you know, he's also like sort of intimating that they're talking about disappearing American citizens just as quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll do that for sure.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I mean, like, but yeah, to your point, like even with all the tough guy projection that they're doing, like behind the scenes, they were begging China to just ask for a call with Trump because clearly they're the boss over here in the White House. Is so seen now they're like, oh, he's not gonna The only way he'll talk is if he thinks they came to the table and like they we have to figure out a way. And they begged and they're like, dude, we're not calling Trump, We're not asking for a call. You're fucking serious. Yeah, get fucked cool. It's also just in the last bit of Trump news, and I swear this is it. Maybe not he he got his annual My doctor is a liar note this year aka his physical exam. I just this, God fuck it. I don't even want to fuck it's fucking stupid. The guy, the doctor's lying and acting like his his frequent victories in golf has helped keep his well contribute significantly to his well being.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's good that it's a lie, because like, who cares, Like this motherfucker is a decrepit, sad old man, and yes, we are all going down with him, don't get me wrong, but yeah, it's like like this is just some some continual like sad, fucking like weird propaganda that like ya, it doesn't fool anyone, But no one is convinced by this, No except for his most most unwell followers, but like what could possibly be said in here that would change, like, like you know, it could not make those people more enthusiastic about Trump, like like they are at rapidly diminished returns on tuh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially like this last week with the amount of like retirees that were maga retirees whore like, ah, I had, I had money that I was going to live off of, but that's I don't know. I mean, hopefully this leads to some kind of like radicalizing event for people, not fully radicalizing, but at least yeah, yeah, we'd have to get pretty radical here. Yeah, shout out the square word symbol. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about Coachella ella a a A And we're back Coachella weekend one a k A. When the traffic dies down just a little bit, just a little bit more, did you do any did you do any long drives? And go, oh, that's right, it's Coachella.
Speaker 3: It was like deep into Saturday. It was right fucking old obviously, but like I truly was like, what the fuck is happening? And someone on a group chat was like, well, it's Coachella, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, ahh yeah, it's when the city finally farts and that's the bad shit. Yeah yeah, go down to Indio and let us let us the gut microbes replenish. But yeah, apparently it was a rocky start there. Like I saw videos of people in lines to do the car camping the night before the festival started, twelve hour lines. People were like doxing, like line cutters, like people who were like yeah yeah, like getting in the lane and then just cutting in line cutting. People were like, get this, motherfucker. There's so many people doxing these line cuttered people. And I get it. When you're in a line that's fucking twelve hours and some dick just wants to snake in when you're not paying attention, it's as.
Speaker 2: Truly like hissing off. However, many hundreds of people that you were going to be in a confined camp round, Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, it seems unwise.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, especially if you're car camping, because look, bro, people will do some dumb shit like let the air out of your tires when you're at the festival. Like I've seen I've kept collectively dumb shit, yeah, yeah, yeah, big Catherine hanwin. But anyway, there were no porta potties around. Some people said it was worse than Fire Festival, and come on, now, at least they're an actual festival. Happened, so let's let's not get too trim.
Speaker 3: Also, one hundred percent Coachella twenty twenty five attendees and Fire Festival attendees a probably depressing amount of overlap.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's one circle. It's one circle. It's not a men diagram. How it's a circle?
Speaker 2: Was there any explanation on how it's possible it got worse?
Speaker 3: Like how could this thing that there's I actually do not understand logistically how this could not be a well oiled machine at this point.
Speaker 2: Like, how could it get worse? How can logistics get worse?
Speaker 1: But I feel like every year people have been, like even last year, yeah, people have been were complaining. It's probably just the lack of like real maybe i'd imagine, like anything, lack of investment in the infrastructure and like human infrastructure.
Speaker 3: To do this.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, I really don't know, And if you were there, let us know. But it sounds like it was all fucked up.
Speaker 3: The campground should have at this point fucking because that's the same place where they do like stagecoach and all this other shit like it should have like Disneyland level like infrastructure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Like why what else is it gonna be?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're just like, I don't know, there's it's a banking operation at this point. But look, nobody had to suck dick for evy on like at Fire Festival, or at least you know, offer to do that. But they still got to see people like Green Day and Lady Gaga and also an eighty three year old man fashioning a kayak out of wood. Oh I mean denouncing fascism. Yes. Bernie Sanders made a surprise appearance at Coachella, introducing Clara the Artist and warning the crowd the future of what happens to America is dependent upon your generation. And when he brought up Trump, everyone booed. And that was Coachella. I don't know how many I don't know how many of those people in the audience completely absorbed the message, because I feel like maybe the rally you were at earlier this weekend in La with AOC that had almost forty thousand people at it, those people were probably listening to every word. These people that were going, they were probably so fucked up on Malli that they were wondering why there was no more music playing during the while they were peaking. Oh yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: There's also the.
Speaker 3: Fact that, like again, the Coachella twenty twenty five crowd is probably comprised of a depressingly high amount of the famous.
Speaker 1: You know, Mega gen z. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, and like the type of influencers who are just like calling on crypto and whatever. So anyway, I don't know, people seem to a bloo at the right time, so I guess we can take that as a positive. But also, you know, like fuck it, get in front of as many people, even if you're not listening, let him know. Shit's fucked y'all. And like, yeah, I mean, maybe it is a good message, Like hey, I hate to fucking ruin Coachella for you guys, but there's some serious shit if you want to chella it up, you know, the in the foreseeable future. Maybe or not. I don't know, just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, all of my political instincts, well, all of my political judgments have always been correct, but my political instincts have always been incorrect, right exactly. So I always know who the Nazis are. I just don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 1: I just don't know how to talk to them, talk to the aspiring ones. So then while this was happening, you know, he made a huge speed uh. Like the New York Posts said, They're like, oh, they said his remarks were quote a ranting speech, but then they were like Trump though thrills crowds at the UFC fight in Florida. Yeah, there was an interesting moment here. He brought Marco Rubio RFK Junior and a man who is always in constant shock, Cash Patel, along with Ted Cruz as like his entourage. I think the one notable moment that I think people may have saw over the weekend was he was going and like greeting some of the cabinet members and like said what's up to like RFK Junior, but then snubbed Cheryl Hines totally. Yeah, this was I'm just trying to like frame by frame this. He gives him a hug, just.
Speaker 2: Woo, and Cheryl Hines does the Hollywood like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she tried, she said, oh, hi, huh, maybe not he did that shit. He looked at her and said, no, I'm quol on this shit. A lot of people put Curb the Curb.
Speaker 2: Game over that we haven't needed a season nineteen of Kurb.
Speaker 1: I know that, Cheryl. Cheryl, Cheryl, look what you did. You thought you could play both sides. You thought you could say your little skincare and also be like, I disagree with my husband, mister brainworms, and then try and shake the president's hand. Bro Yeah, nobody fucking with You're just sorry, Cheryl, And in this case, just like when you and Larry got divorced in the show. Sorry, miss Cheryl, We're going with mister Larry. Yeah, you know, we're going with mister.
Speaker 3: My tiny contribution to this is the tag that the pro hitler UFC fighter Bryce Mitchell to get choked out.
Speaker 1: This somebody caught him talking trash about walking out of Anger Management early because whoever he fuds it, Oh you're a tough guy, put his ass two s L E E. P. Sleep Yeah, you love to.
Speaker 3: But I do want to say not just pro hitler in the way that I, you know, will casually call people fascist. This guy actually is on record talk about how much he likes it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, big, big time, big time. Brian the Editor asked, why do we assume Cheryl Hines is liberal because she talks she's always couched her like love of RFK, because they're like, you're you're you're giving liberal. You show up at these places and espouse these things, but your husband is completely antithetical to it. And she was doing this whole thing over this time. She's like, while I disagree with my husband's views, or while I disagree with blah blah blah, she's just doing the writing the needle thing. I mean, I mean, yeah, to your point, she probably is not, and for the optics tries to do it. But either way, she wants to present.
Speaker 3: As she's like liberal in the sense that she's like a contemporary American Democrat, which means she's like sort of center right as far as like most economic things go, most like governance things go, and is a little more distasteful about homophobia exact most.
Speaker 1: She's okay, sorry to put it in this way, she's one of those like like liberals who's quote, as long as my money's right, I don't really care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's a Santa Monica liberal, right, which if you're she's a conservative, if you're judging on.
Speaker 1: Earth, a Santa Monica liberal who hates unhoused people and is anti Fax. That is basically what that like.
Speaker 3: When you describe that in like a global political framework, that's a conservative in America, it happens that that's on the liberal side of fifty to fifty media.
Speaker 1: And again, if you just want to hear Bryce Mitchell, this is this is what he was saying in January. Just again like you were saying, Andrew, not like he's dabbles in it. He's out here full throat endorsing Hitler.
Speaker 4: Hitler, Helen, the Nazis. I really don't think that he was, because I honestly think that Hitler was a good guy based upon my own research, not my public education indoctrination. I really do think before Hitler got on myth, he was a god go fishing with.
Speaker 1: You heard it here, folks. Hey, you know what sucks though, Price Man, I get that. Man. How many homies do we know? He said? Man, before he got on meth, he was somebody we could go fishing with.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: The next thing you know, we're out here trying to asking me to go to a party. He pulls up to a construction site, Hey, asking me how much fucking copper wiring can I pull out with my bare hands? No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Blaming blaming uh, meth, meth or or like yeah, for for the actions of Adolf Hitler was really, I mean, without without getting too into it, every one of those motherfuckers and everyone until somewhere around Jimmy Carter was on meth right exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's not blame the meth you know what I mean, that's meth got shipped done. Yeah, hey, honestly based on my own research. Oh my god, he looked at a fucking meme. Yeah, boy boy? Howdy?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then finally, did you see I guess I should ask you before I hit the short? Did you see the SNL White Lotus White Potus sketch?
Speaker 4: Im?
Speaker 2: So I missed it? I usually you're wearing recording during my catching up on SNL.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, and look, people know people know me. I'm I miss this shit too. This is the problem. I was gonna watch the sketch, but I'm so I'm dragging my carcass through watching this season a White Lotus because it's so uninteresting to me that like part of me wanted to avoid it in case there's spoilers. And then I was just like, then when I saw Amy lou Wood post how she was like, man, bro, this ship was trash, bro. They're just trying to fucking make fun of me, like in the wrong ways. I was like, oh, never mind, maybe, eh, whatever, I don't need to combine the two things that are no pleasure right now, White Lotus and the tariffs in one sketch.
Speaker 2: Never nah, I'll pass.
Speaker 3: I I'm gonna pick my words about White Lotus, but I just I wish uh White Lotus had more a more diverse writer's room, which is, by the way, to say, any writer's room, but a more diverse writer's room.
Speaker 1: Is it just Mike White all the time? Is this him?
Speaker 2: I don't know about this season, but I believe it mostly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the way he lost, the way this thing has just you can see it lose momentum over the seasons. You're like season one, You're like, okay, we got a little commentary. Now we're talking about Americans from the mainland coming to Hawaii. Maybe there's some tension there. Then it felt like Mike White's like, that's kind of too much thinking what about what about Italy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just I again, I just I think this is a show that like really really really could benefit from more viewpoints. Yeah, because I'll just say season one of White lotus my actual favorite characters, and to me, the characters that would matter the most had their storylines concluded off camera, which is the two native employees. Number one, the lady who shows up on her due date in the pilot just here that she gave birth, and then the employee dude who was like part of the like heist. I was like, these two are the people. These two are the people the story is about exactly in my opinion. They're like, well, what about the girls who talk like sort of gen Z podcast brain people who like Mike White was like told, yeah, what's her face?
Speaker 2: Sweeny sweeny to like listen.
Speaker 1: To Red Scare to like get the vibes down of like what you want. And they're like, this is the interesting part is all this other tension around thee.
Speaker 3: I just wish there was There's so much There's so much more. There's so much more that I wish could be in there. I will say if we're going to pitch SNL. I believe it was from two weeks ago. Echo Wodem did a shockingly long and amazing just stand up routine during Weekend Update. That was just just her doing an impression of like a you know, a stand up comedian in all the ways that that can mean.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's I'm speaking of And you know there's gonna be the Like UK spinoff now oh no, yeah? Did you know? I did not? That's going to launch next year, So it's like Lorne Michaels and it's like Ashling b that has been tipped to be in it. I don't know, I will see, I'll.
Speaker 3: Just I'll let me just say I think I've been on the show enough that I may have already suggested this also as a thing to enjoy.
Speaker 2: But I believe they did one season of Law and Order UK and.
Speaker 3: It is, in my mind, one of the it's one of the funniest cop procedurals I personally have ever seen as someone who doesn't watch a ton of British cop procedurals, which I know is a very funny thing, but to me, it's so funny because in all the British ways.
Speaker 2: The cops don't have guns and the lawyers have to wear wigs and it's so good.
Speaker 1: I know they're like arguing, like hold on, let me put my fucking a little barrister cap on with my curly white hairs.
Speaker 3: It's it's just the long court segment because the like structure of it is the same as Law and Order America. But it's just the things that make the British legal says some different are so funny to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love seeing like and I just love though too how like ignorant. I just remember seeing it every time, like why they gotta wear the wig and then pardons? I think that's why maybe it's better, like you gotta like can you be a shitty lawyer and fuck around in court and be like a sleazy lawyer? I'm sure, Hey, uk Zyking, let me know, Like it must be so funny to see it, dude, be a scumbag barrister like in court, like an ambulance chaser type lawyer, but doing it with your little barrister cap like little barrister wig on. Oh I I mean look it obviously though, it is like just a reminder that this system is made for white men.
Speaker 3: But in Law and Order UK, the thing that was to me the funniest is the whatever their version of the ada is. So in Law and Order America casting it is almost always a very attractive woman. And in Law and Order UK, I believe if I recall correctly, I'm not going to look it up, it was a uh a Nigerian British actress. So when she was wearing the barrister's wig, it's, yeah, it's just so insane to me. I know.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm always like when I see like the barristers of color and I'm like, well, get them.
Speaker 3: Yes, you should be able, you should be able to at least get color a texture.
Speaker 1: Pay does everybody look like they're about to fucking pull up to George Washington in a fucking pistol rule? Like why why is it? Whatever?
Speaker 3: It's like so weird because it's like it is just like institutionalized white supremacy.
Speaker 2: But also it looks insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, embarrass barristers, give us you give.
Speaker 2: Us glories, barrister, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm curious what a UK like. I wonder who the writing is, what the writing is going to be like, because there's I mean, I like like English comedies, like UK comedies. I'm I'm definitely into it. So I wonder if they're going to do the thing where they're like, we just need to do you SNL but with accents and keep the same style, with British sensibility, that minimalism.
Speaker 3: My wish, of course is that like the American SNL, it will be made by unbelievably talented people, but every now and again have a bizarre right wing viewpoint that is very clearly put in by the producers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some weird like Bregs. Wasn't so bad? Was it? Kind of sketch? I guess can heard what's happening over here. That's what I don't like. People, you don't want you.
Speaker 3: We talked a lot of shit about Brexit. Yeah look what we did, and we ripped off our own nose in front of everyone.
Speaker 1: Uh, what a time? What a time? All right, y'all, Well, that's gonna wrap it up for what we were covering in terms of what trended over the weekend. Bits of ups and downs for everybody. But yeah, andrew T, thank you so much for joining me. We are going to be back tomorrow with a brand new episode, a whole episode. You're gonna love it, and we'll be back to doing all the usual things that we do. Baby. And guess what, we will have the return of Jack this week, and I will hold him responsible for the you know, escalating costs of global.
Speaker 3: Let me hold eighteen point five million dollars real quick, Yeah, that's specific eighteen Give me eighteen point five mil.
Speaker 2: Just just let me hold it for like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Just what's eight eighteen point you're gonna invest that you got?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it, don'torry about all right?
Speaker 1: Sorry, bro, Here, I'll let you know. I'll send you some screenshots from the signal chat I'm in I got added to apparently, but it's pretty cool stuff happening in there. All right, y'all. That will do it for us. We will see you then, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Peace,