Speaker 1: Now it started.
Speaker 2: Oh, having a little problem there with the stupid man box. You have to say it twice. Yeah, what was the orange light.
Speaker 1: That I didn't know?
Speaker 3: You could pause recordings? Now, Oh, that's a nice feature there. I wouldn't do I wouldn't do that. I don't trust it. It's the pro two. Yeah, what happens if you scan the QR code on there?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome to Wednesday, April twenty six. It's Administrative Professionals Day.
Speaker 1: That's what my old profession was. You were a secretary. I was an assistant.
Speaker 2: You can't say secretary anymore? Why because it's not PC anymore.
Speaker 1: Who said that? Oh there's no secretaries. I think you're making this up. I'm not. This is like a fear campaign that's going nowhere. No, it isn't. You could say secretary. I don't think you can. Who said that? Where did you see this? It's an administrative professional It's been that way for years. You can say secretary.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck to you. You can still good luck to you. If I'm going to get like all this online, that's right here. Andrew's getting canceled today. Okay, Yeah, you can't do that just like you don't say Stewardess anymore?
Speaker 1: Who said that you did? Hello? When's you don't say Stewardess.
Speaker 3: Or Montefi or medical Center and y U Land Mount Sinai administrative secretary, secretary.
Speaker 1: To administrative assistance, No Scott Scott No, No, no sweets an angel. So it's all lumped in.
Speaker 3: No secretary isn't administrative, that's what that's what the general umbrella is.
Speaker 1: I don't believe. So I'm not getting out on this one. I think you're just getting scared for nothing. No.
Speaker 2: No, just like on Long Island, they gotta take all the Indian things out. Can't say secretary or Indian or anything. I can't say stewardess.
Speaker 1: No, literally have a secretary of state Scott.
Speaker 2: No, but they don't do they did type. What are you talking about that'll file things?
Speaker 1: Are you good? Did you have paint in Florida? I'm confused. No, I'm just saying that's not really a PC thing anymore. To you're just making it up. Oh, we're looking for a secretary, little lady. Okay, so now you're just molding the two into your idea of it.
Speaker 3: No, yes, No, you're like secretary, little lady, miss the thing.
Speaker 2: I think you'd be hard pressed to find a want ad for secretary. It says an administrative assistant.
Speaker 3: Scott I literally assistant corporate secretary at Moody's Careers.
Speaker 1: A press secretary New York City career press secretary is not a secretary.
Speaker 3: Ray executive assistant and legal secretary. No trauma center secretary.
Speaker 1: Different. But the definition is different. It's not like, yes, sir, all right, mister Jones, here's your coffee, and oh, let me get this fire. No I type this up tip to chick type typ type TEP type type top type return type typ type. That's not the fact that you're really on this crusade. Just tell me that, secretary. I don't care, dude, I don't care. I truly. Now you're like, I don't care. I'm for it. I'm cool. This guy's the ones getting canceled. I'm cool. I'm only PC in my mouth, not in my head.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know in your mouth, Yeah, I only I only try to say PC things, but I think things really aren't.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you something. I don't think anybody's gonna come after you for saying secretary.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're gonna get some kind of comment down there. I'm pretty sure I'm not. But okay, sure Scott, any stewardess is listening? Is what is it now, Scott?
Speaker 2: It's flight attendant and it's been for a thousand years. I can't say that since the eighties. Okay, stewardest the eighties.
Speaker 1: Stewardess, stewardess, stewardess. What is that is that your plane? Can you light my cigarette? Please? Yes? Or you on a plane range? Do you have a light? Yeah? Ding dong? Did you press the h did you bring did you buy a non smoking rope or yes?
Speaker 2: But I got stuck in the one right next to the smoking section. So it was just like being in the smoking section.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's just like when you eat at a restaurant. You think you're eating in the no smoking section, right, and you're right next to the smoke.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I never understood that.
Speaker 3: I love the smoking patio that's right next to the open window. So I inhale all the secondhand smoke. Yes, they should really get a secretary to check out.
Speaker 1: They should.
Speaker 2: So I was on a flight back from Jacksonville, since I was in Florida, last week.
Speaker 1: Lots of fun things there.
Speaker 2: And you know, like if this screen is out on Jeff Blue or something like that, you complain and you get a you know, fifteen dollars credit or something like that. But you gotta be careful about what you complain about because it could delay the entire flight.
Speaker 1: Oh God, you delayed a whole flight because of your TV.
Speaker 2: I didn't, but the woman in front of me in her seat back pocket, it was hanging off and the metal rod that held it on was sticking out, and there was a really like over eccentric flight attendant and she was all hi everybody, you know, like she was one of these. In my mind, I'm like, she's a freaking weirdo. I'm not really sure how she got this job, but she was just very like over everything, you know. I can't even really explain it, but it was. It was really weird. She was just a weirdo.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: It was like her Broadway debut, yes, and she was really trying to like ham it up, yep.
Speaker 1: Having conversations with everybody. I hate Lyft.
Speaker 3: Drivers and Uber drivers sometimes do that too, where you get in the car and they're like, oh right, and then we're going to make a left turn here, you might see something over there, and you're like, I really don't want to talk, so price my headphones are in.
Speaker 2: Look friendly is nice, I'm friendly, But she was just she was a bit much.
Speaker 1: So the woman.
Speaker 3: Waiting for a talent agent. I don't know what talent agents are coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, telling stories, telling stories to everybody on this flight. And it was fine, but it just was a bit much. Anyway, So the little metal rod that held on the thing was crooked and it was hanging out, and you know, as she was bringing you know, at the very beginning, when she was just walking around doing seatbelt check or whatever, She's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, oh, that's very dangerous. I'm gonna have to alert the captain.
Speaker 2: And we hadn't taken off yet, we were still at the gate, and you know, I was like peering my head around to see I thought maybe like something was leaking. It was a hole or something in the fuselage or whatever. How would you see the fuselage that's the same It.
Speaker 1: Was a hole in the floor, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, so all it is is like there's a little metal piece just sticking out of the in the seatback pocket is crooked, and the metal piece that holds it on is sticking out almost like you don't like the metal filing folders in the cabin, okay, and the metal piece sticks out like sometimes because it goes too far over.
Speaker 1: It was like that, oh, that's very dangerous. Like she scared everybody, and she like went b line up to the front, knocked on the captain and he.
Speaker 2: Came back and was taking pictures with his phone. And meanwhile, so we were delayed forty five minutes ahead to get the mechanics on board, and they're like, oh, no, that can wait until you get to where we're going, okay.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to make sure we were safe, you know. It was it was just a bit much, yeah, I don't yeah, definitely a little two into it.
Speaker 2: So I learned a lesson there, like if it's if it's something that's not going to make the plane fall out of the sky, don't complain about it.
Speaker 1: I would agree, maybe on the flip side.
Speaker 2: When you get there, say, oh, by the way, my seat was not you know, going back up, or it was you know whatever, it wasn't it was crooked, whatever it is, you know what I mean, complain about it after.
Speaker 3: Okay or in the air, but who knows. With this one, she may have been like, we.
Speaker 2: Have to everybody, may day, may day, may day, get out of the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the seat back pockets metal rod is out. Seriously.
Speaker 2: But and it was a full flight too, so she even came back to him. It's a good thing it was okay that we fly there with it. Otherwise you might have had to get off the flight because it's full. And the lady was like, Okay, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause a ruckus.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: She was apologizing to everybody around. She's like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't even really say anything.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, I feel like people quickly realized it was the flight attendant and not her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was a bit much, Yeah the flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes people are a little bit too personable, a little too jovial, and you say to yourself, I can't give you anything, so please just please leave me alone.
Speaker 1: At every single person, she was like, we have snacks today. We can either give you biscote or sun chips, like every and I was like, can you please stop saying it that way? Please?
Speaker 2: The basket No, I took Delta Home. Oh, I take Delta home. So every every single thing biscote And I was like, can you just say biscotti?
Speaker 1: And it's like it's a cookie is all it really is. Anyway, my dad did.
Speaker 3: That once with Brigudo, and I don't know why he did this, but he was like, could we get some bruce.
Speaker 1: And they brought over a plate of brucehetta, which is the tomato on the cheese.
Speaker 3: Right. No, it's like the meme is literally just like the little yeah, a little piece of toast. And that was funny. The person was like, oh, we didn't understand you. So that's that's lived an infamy in our household. And this was this was like a really small plane too. It was a Delta Planet. It was two and two like Chuck Woolery, I guess what two and two. No it's this, No, no, no, no, it's not this, it's this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it was two and two and then it was two and one for the like the Comfort plus, and then it was one and one for for first class. And why would you waste your money on first class on a crappy little plane like that?
Speaker 1: Like that, that.
Speaker 2: To me is like I could have upgraded for like five hundred and seventy four dollars. Like, this was a crappy old Mgdier Whatever the hell that plane company is, Emberdeer, Embroad, emberg Ambership, Embra, Embergardo whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It was a small plane. There was less. There was like sixty seats on the plane. Wow. And why was it so small? I don't know. Did you fly into like JFK or Guardia? Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. By the way, Danielle came down and surprised us there, surprised Lisa. I knew she was coming. And you know what her flight was. She flew American and she flew from Newark to Miami to Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: What is that? Gross?
Speaker 2: I would never go past the place I need to go to come back now.
Speaker 3: The past couple times I went to LA I fly with Elizabeth who used to work with us, but now she does all the events.
Speaker 1: Hi, Lizzie, Does she listen to this?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but if she does, in the off chance, Hi, Hi. Anyway she does connecting flights. This way she could get United gold and like platinum status quicker because if you make a stop, I those are miles that count towards your end of year thing.
Speaker 1: Why is it count as two flights?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh so you get more legs or whatever they call it.
Speaker 1: But to me, I hate transferring flights, Yes, because it's always an issue. Always. I think I'm just paranoid.
Speaker 3: There probably isn't an issue, but in my head, I'm like, I don't want to stop in Salt Lake City for forty five minutes and then get on another plane and then fly over.
Speaker 2: And chances are you going to be laid delayed fifteen twenty thirty minutes and it really screwed like that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: You know me, We're like gotta get there. I gotta get there. I gotta be the airport four hours early. So could you imagine me just just making my connection? Oh my god, I would have a heart attack.
Speaker 1: Well that happens. I'd be running like OJ what.
Speaker 3: Like uh with the OJ Simpson? Yeah, when he was on the run. No, in the Bronco Nope, like when he played football?
Speaker 1: No, like oh in.
Speaker 3: The commercial for uh oh damn it.
Speaker 1: It was an airline thing. No, do you want to you want me to give you a clue? Yes? Oh what does it do? What does this do? You're poking me. What does it do hurting me? Yeah? No, no, no, go back no No, you said the word what is this doing? What does it do? Pain? No? The other word, No, what does it do? It squeezed? No? It it what I'm pitching you it what it hurts? Yes, hurts? Oh it hurts Rental Cards. That was a very long winded way. You could have just told me I got it out, didn't I? Yeah, maybe it was, Avis, No, it was hurt, it hurts.
Speaker 3: I only know this because they were doing there's a list of like worst celebrity endorsed products ever, and Hurts ranked like top of the list.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't know. They didn't know.
Speaker 2: That's the problem when a company uses you and you're like the face of this company, and then thirty years later you do something really bad, like a double murder allegedly. Okay, yeah, that really tarnishes the image of the company, even though it was so long ago.
Speaker 1: If you pinch me, you have pinchy hands.
Speaker 2: I mean I was trying to get it out of yours. I would have right away say stop that hurts. That's what I would have said.
Speaker 1: It's tough. Ow Avis. You didn't say, ow, stop that hurts hurts Rental car.
Speaker 2: Hey, why don't we take a quick break and we'll gather ourselves up when we're back. One of these days. Andrew is actually gonna put the sound in here. See I can't. That's not me because I don't have that. You somehow have to transfer it.
Speaker 1: Come with it. No, the other one came with it. Now I uploaded that. Oh yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the new system, and I really want to. It's just very hard for me.
Speaker 1: You don't understand new technology.
Speaker 3: This one, I I absolutely do not. It has so many functions on it that I'm just confused by. And I know it's going to be better in the end, but I'm just I don't know how to work it right now.
Speaker 1: All right, Lincoln Park me head.
Speaker 2: So last week while I was in Jacksonville, Froggy soun Kayden is almost as big of a fan of waffle House as I am. Not quite, but you know, almost as big. He goes there a lot, gives the waffle House to come to the show. Yeah they haven't been in the new studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, they didn't come for like the past three years. Obviously, there was a whole pandemic in there. Yeah, but to do that, I would love that. I would love it too.
Speaker 2: So we went there, and you know, I told you the whole in the you know, in the next episode of Serial Killers, I'll tell you all about you know, the waffle house song from the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 3: But everybody, actually, I got so many requests on your photo to read the caption.
Speaker 2: Like you do, Oh the waffle house picture. Okay, that's fine while you're pulling that up. So you know, I had a delicious breakfast, went over to the jukebox and played the Jonas Brothers waffle house song. Shockingly, the waitress had never heard of it before, which I don't really understand because I figured, like the company was just like putting it on the jukebox and making it play NonStop. I figured they'd be sick of it. She never heard of it. So anyway, we sit down. Okay, before we order anything, you know, your typical waffle house waitress love them to Sorry, server.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting canceled for this one. No secretary will cancel me.
Speaker 2: Comes over with her little pad, you know, and before we say anything coffee, water, nothing, she says. Can I ask y'all a question? I said yes. She said it's gonna be a weird one.
Speaker 1: And I said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't really think there's anything weird that you could ask me that I would think it's weird. She'd be like, Okay, when's the first time you ever got in a fight? And I said what I said, like a like a fistfight, and she's like yeah. I said, I've never been in a fight, and Kayden said I don't think I have either. She's like, well, my grandson got in a fight on the bus today and got suspended for the bus for three weeks. And I was like, what she's like And it was with his best friend too. I said, like like he's like, She's like yeah, there was blood and everything. What oh was her grandson like?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask, But the thing is what I just want a talkative waffle and some capped hash brown scattered Well you know what's that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I can't this picture.
Speaker 2: Why did she don't know? Maybe because we were like two guys and we looked tough. You know, please Kate And yes, you absolutely not. I'm sure you were wearing Oh wait, I could see the picture of what you were wearing. Oh, a white t shirt. Yeah, well that was my first morning there. I was just wearing the white shirt.
Speaker 1: Conversations at the waffle house with Kate and Langley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because it was a play on the song from Jonas Brothers and nobody understood it. And when I posted that, it didn't give me the option to put a song there. Why sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it doesn't. How come I don't know. Do I run Instagram?
Speaker 1: No, but you would know these things. I don't know how to do the Instagram like that.
Speaker 2: So but later that night, though, I went to post something else and it gave me the option of the song, but it didn't there, and I needed it there because no one knew what I was talking about. Maybe because no, I wonder what your conversation was. No, I was just doing a play on the on the Jonahs brother's side.
Speaker 1: I was trying to be clever with a Jonas Brother's reference. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I went over to the jukebox and it took a two dollars bill. Could you imagine?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine? Yep?
Speaker 2: Wow, it only said it said one or five, but I fooled it and it took it to oh you sneaky devil. Yeah, and then I tipped her with twos and she looked at me like I had three heads.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I feel like she's got bigger issues going on. If there's a bloodied grandson on a bus.
Speaker 1: That's right. No, I think he won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he beat the hell out of his friend and got suspended from the bus for three weeks, not school, from the bus. I come to school, beat anyone else you want, but you can't take the bus.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said she had to take off of work and everything for the grandson. Yeah, you go pick him up. Oh wow, you have thrown off the bus. Like the bus driver pulled over and told him to get off the bus.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem very safe unattended kids off a bus.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was just like get off son and drove away. I mean, I'm sure like someone had to come get him or the police or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, the sheriff, which I think is really interesting. Do you know who would know about this? Tommy and Gina.
Speaker 3: Well, just Tommy because he's the vice principal of a school and he tells me all the time that he'll like it'll be eight am, and the first thing he hears is like a radio call, like there's a fight on a bus. We need to break up, and he has to be the one to go there, call the parents, anything that happens.
Speaker 1: He's all in charge of that.
Speaker 2: The only thing that ever happened on our bus was that there was this kid that would always moon the cars from the back window and he would get into well it wasn't even really trouble. They would just go huh oh, you kids, don't do that again, And it just didn't matter. You didn't get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Back then. It was like, you know, I do remember though. One time.
Speaker 3: I remember hitting bumps and you would just go flying. Yeah that was fun, yeah, because there was no seatbelts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But so the kid one time turned around and we said he sunned them, you know, because he took his crank out and waved it at the car behind us. And when the bus stopped, the guy that was behind us got out of his car and came on the like the driver opened the door for the raging man, like, what's going on. You're supposed to protect your children on the bus.
Speaker 2: He opened the door and the guy like like, I don't know if he's a look a middle aged guy I guess, came on the bus and came in the back and yelled at the kid, how dare you?
Speaker 1: I swear to you?
Speaker 2: And then he was like, I mean, I don't remember if he touched him or not, like like hit him or anything. Yeah, but he came on and yelled at this kid, just a random dude that was driving behind the bus, and then got off and drove away. And the guy just opened to close the door like it was anything any other you know, different eighties, dude, different different times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's insane, just opening up a bus to a random person. Yeah, could you imagine I'm a bus full of kid? Could you imagine? Yeah, not anymore that bus drivers would be fired. His name was John and he used to let me sit in the front and work the lights. I can't It was an old dude, dude, he had this massive, uh Durante nose. What was the guy's name, the old actor Duranty? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yea yeah, that guy Okay, I forgot his name was. But anyway, hit the big giant like drunk nose and his name was Johnny was an old man, you know, like broken blood vessel, those that kind of thing, and so he'd be driving the bus here and over here was like a compartment where he could keep like a backpack or something, and I would wedge myself in there with my knees up like this, and he would let me sit in there while he was driving, and I would be able to flip the yellow warning lights on before the bus would stop.
Speaker 1: Yes, the actual world are you talking about.
Speaker 2: I swear to you, I'll never forget it, because I always said to him, I would always sit in the front seat, right behind the driver, because I was that kid. I like to watch, you know, and see what he was doing. And you know how on the top there's the red stop lights and next to them is the yellow ones, and he would never use the yellow ones. And I'm like, why don't you ever put the yellow ones on? You're supposed to put the yellow ones on before the red ones come on to warn the other cars, of course, and he was like, I use them. He's like, if you want to do it, you can, and I was like, okay. So I climbed over the thing and I sat in there with my knees up like this, and he would say, okay now, and I would flip the thing up and then and the yellow lights would come on.
Speaker 1: Wow, you could never do that now, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a good reason why you couldn't do The eighties were so different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have those issues with my bus, but I will say kids got sick on the bus and that always terrified me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, why just because the driving was bad. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just get terrified of that. And that's that's a part of why I'm so afraid of throw up today really from bus vomit. Yeah, because think about it. The person gets sick and then they're just sitting there in their own.
Speaker 1: And up the aisle. You can't That's cool. Did anybody ever get sick when you were a bus driver?
Speaker 2: No one got sick, but one kids sneezed on me and booger came like went on my arms.
Speaker 1: It was disgusting. I could see you literally doing like a Scotti flail like pretty much. No, I was.
Speaker 2: I was a great bus drive. I haven't driven in a while. I still have my CDL, my commercial license. I still have it just in case they need me for Do you.
Speaker 1: Have global entry? Could you drive that thing into Canada? Yes? I have the flag on it. Yeah, actually just went back to the DMV to get a new one because there was a little crack in it.
Speaker 2: Also, do you know that in New York. I don't know how it is in every other state. But if you got your life, if you renewed your license online during COVID from July no I'm sorry, from I think April of twenty twenty to whatever month in twenty twenty one, it's not valid. What Yeah, if you did because you weren't able to take a vision test because you couldn't go in. So unless you had a certified vision test from a doctor, if you just self did yourself as like yeah, I read it and it's fine, your license could be suspended.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Yeah, So I had to go.
Speaker 2: Back into the DMV and actually take the vision test, which is a joke by the way. Yeah, like there's literally like stop like five ft in front of you and like read that.
Speaker 3: Well, to be honest, the problem for me was when I got my license, I wanted glasses, so I think I flunked it and now it says I need glasses the whole time. But now I actually do need glasses because I have an astigmatism and I still don't wear them.
Speaker 2: Is it uh stigmatism or is it an a stigmatism? I don't know, but is it a stigmatism? Is like like a a stigmatism. It's an astigmatism. It's not a stigmatism like as an astigmatism.
Speaker 1: Like it's an a stigmatism. I'm not going to show my license. I just want to let's see. Yeah, it's an astigmatism and st an astigmatism. And what is it?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? It's sunk on your eyeball?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so sometimes like if I stare at something, it like makes double best way to put it. So, like if something's far away my vision for some reason, like crosses.
Speaker 1: Do you wear contacts? I've never seen you wear glasses? Yeah, I don't wear them. So how can you see right now?
Speaker 3: I can see fine? If that's two wait, I'm sorry two and two? Two and two well to cronkright says that just kidding? What was his name, Jared Tedley like smiling, Chuck Woolery, Chuck Wollery.
Speaker 1: There it is all right. And on that note, we'll be background after this and too too. Oh Andrew, you're such a weirdo. The malls are coming in heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand, like my time off request has been approved. I already took that time off. I sure hope it was approved.
Speaker 1: So on the back of my license, my endorsements are p for passengers, so I'm allowed to drive passengers around. Are my restriction medical certificate exempt and no air brake equipped CMV. That means I can't drive like big trucks with air brakes or buses with air brakes and adults seating less than fourteen, So I can't drive adults around if there's fourteen on the bus, can't do it. Thirteen, Yes, got it? Yeah cool? Do you know what they're changing in Jersey City? Finally there was just a big marathon there. Yeah, there was. That was pretty cool first one ever. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would have known. I'd have been in it. You would have run a marathon. I would have run the half marathon. Let me tell you something. Half marathons are very hard to I know it's very hard. I feel like I could do it, though, I'm sorry, why were you going to get exhausting? You're like, why am I doing?
Speaker 2: I don't want you to forget you were right before they say, Oh, something really cool in Jersey City happened.
Speaker 3: They're changing the garbage trucks. If you were in Jersey City, you know those garbage very few people, by the way, very few, very few, like maybe maybe like point zero two percent of everyone that listens to the show is in Jersey City. But go on, because it's topical. Your phone's ringing, No, it's not anyway. So in Jersey City they have these very loud garbage trucks.
Speaker 1: It sounds like they have those everywhere.
Speaker 3: Friend of the World is happening outside your window when they come and get the garbage, because it's like and they're changing them to electrics. That's going to change now, Yeah, but hydraulic is still hydraulic. Well, the hydraulic it's not the hydraulics problem. It's when they speed up to go to the next house and then they slam on the brakes and it's it squeaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but breaks are breaks, no matter what. No, this is going to be different.
Speaker 2: I have a feel all right, we'll see you know, because when they pull that handle on the side to crush the garbage still makes noise. You're talking about the engine hate.
Speaker 1: So much in the New York summers when people throw things out and you see them and it's just my favorite garbage.
Speaker 2: My favorite part is like the truck will dump the thing in the corner and then as it pulls away, the garbage juice spills out of the bottom and it's hot garbage juice place and it just goes everywhere. And then you either drive or walk through it and it just sprays all over the place. Terrible New York City garbage juice is disgusting.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why there's not a better way of handling the garbage situation.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't really have a because those trucks. As soon a those trucks get all the start rusting, there's holes in them and that's where all the juice comes through.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, nobody takes the responsibility of their trash here. That's the first thing.
Speaker 1: You mean, kind of like, have we just throw cups of milk out in the garbage pil a badly? Yes? So I am I am the problem.
Speaker 3: It's me, yes, it is it it In other countries they have just bins outside and you just know this goes here, this goes here, this goes here.
Speaker 1: And they make sheds that you throw your own garbage in. People here don't have time for that. They do have time. We just pretend like it's someone else's problem.
Speaker 2: The sanitation workers problem. The sanitation workers don't have time. Notice I didn't say garbage men. The sanitation workers don't have time to open the sheds and take out three recycle ones and the regular let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Why you would have scheduled days now in place, and if they actually did trash more than like once or twice a week that they stockpile it. There should be trash collection every single day, and there should be a full like way that it all gets taken care of. But in the United States, your trash in Long Island is different than New York's trash on in two and two anyway, it's all different, and there's no like Trash Agency of the United States Rights. I feel like what we do with our trash is very important and we should make like a national way of doing it.
Speaker 2: And the fact that it all kind of kind of goes to the same place anyway in some respects, like every jurisdiction shouldn't be like for a long time, we weren't allowed to throw glass in the recycle bit anymore. They stopped that, but yet at the supermarket you can still go recycle your glass bottles exactly. So I don't really understand that all goes to the landfill anyway. I don't believe recycling actually is happening.
Speaker 1: I just don't. It doesn't.
Speaker 3: There's a great episode, and I know I've talked about it in a million and one times. I think it's this American life where you could learn about where your trash goes. It used to go to China. It does not go to China anymore. There is now a giant trash collection we talked piling up in the United States, and we don't know what to do with our trash anymore, and nobody seems to care.
Speaker 1: And I don't understand why we just don't create a trash agency and just fix it. Yeah, well, isn't that the DP the Department of Environmental Protection. No, this should just be trash. Guess what your trash, sar. I want to do that. I think you'd actually be good at it. I do too, because I would be a stickler. Honestly, we said no pizza boxes. No pizza boxes. Now you don't get your trash picked up. Well, that's the other thing with like pizza, if there's oil on it, they can't recycle.
Speaker 3: So then why are you telling me that I need to recycle it if it's just gonna get thrown in the landfill.
Speaker 2: I drive around my town on a Monday afternoon when people have put the recycling bins out, nobody follows the rules. Like you're putting all kinds of crap in a plastic garbage bag and just sticking that in the bin, And that's not the way to do it. You're not supposed to mix the cardboard anymore. People don't care. You're not supposed to put styropom in. People don't care. You're not supposed to pic.
Speaker 3: Off of like just say you're yogurt. If you're having like a yogurt parfe thing, you're supposed to rip the sticker off.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that. That's a bit much. Back when it first started, you had to take the labels off the soup cans. Not anymore.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: The cans don't have to be naked anymore because they recycled the paper too. But I just I don't It is nearly impossible for any machinery to separate all that stuff because it can't all go together. Like they collect the cans and the glass and the plastic with the paper and they just throw it all in the same truck. There's I know that there's you know what do they call it one something recycling? I forget what the hell it's called. But the machines they can't because the gaskets embedded in the cardboard, and it's just it's a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a single stream that's what they call it. Single stream recycling. They just need to fix it. I don't know who we could talk to about this, where it could be proposed you should run for president. Look, let's make a trash star. Let's just go back to the eighties. In my town. We still have the smoke stacks. Just burn the just burn the trash now. Thanks for you know, burn the tires everything, Robert.
Speaker 3: When you're dead and I'm stuck in like a drowned scuba diving paradise because the whole United States is flooded, I'll thank you for burning your trash in the eighties.
Speaker 1: I remember Geraldine Ferraro. When there's no more Miami, I'll be very happy to say thank you.
Speaker 2: Geraldine Ferraro and Walter Monde were running for president and vice president in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 1: Maybe no. Mondale was eighty and it was a huge blowout election, was it eighty No?
Speaker 2: Because four four he ran against him in eighty four, and I remember both Mondeal and Ferrara came to the dump by my house to, you know, because the people are town. It was it was called, uh the rage with the name of the group. It was Residents against Garbage Expansion. And they went to the dump and the big smoke sacks were like spewing out toxic chemicals.
Speaker 1: All over town. People were the size and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And I remember going with my mom just to kind of, you know, see it, because it was literally around the block from my house.
Speaker 1: It's still there. The smoke sacks are still there.
Speaker 2: I mean the building is all broken down and whatever, but it's it's I'm gonna take a picture of it and get and send it to.
Speaker 1: You, Okay, I would appreciate that, actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I don't know, like, are there any municipalities in this country is still burned garbage? I'm gonna say yes, you think so? Oh yeah, because don't you think that that is a deep rule, that is that's not allowed, you know, burn trash in the United States, because I mean, burning plastic is toxic. You know, It's one thing if it's like paper or whatever, but you recycle that stuff. So I don't know what else they would burn at this point.
Speaker 1: But is it okay to burn burn? I know that I know that in some places is illegal to burn leaves.
Speaker 2: Some places you can, so places you can't because it puts off all that whatever the hell it puts off.
Speaker 1: It's a health hazard backyard burning not backyard though.
Speaker 2: But I'm just wondering if there is if there are towns and cities and municipalities that still burn trash like because you still see smokestacks all over all over the place. But I think they're just old and defunct, you know, and they should take them down. Those things are gonna collapse at some point.
Speaker 3: So I think it's dependent on the state because I'm seeing like a whole bunch of different ones. Huh right, Okay, there is no like one answer I'm finding again, because there's a million different counties that do different things with trash, but they just are all saying don't.
Speaker 1: Do it, well, not on your own anyway. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that was the lame answer. But if you have an answer putting in the comments below, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If your town burns garbage, I'm curious. I'm sure you have three eyes by now, but I'm just curious, you know. But yeah, So going back to the sheriff. So, I just think it's really interesting that most I don't want to say rural because big cities have, you know, the sheriff's department.
Speaker 1: Also, like where we were, it was st you know. I was in Jacksonville and it's the Saint John sheriff department, or you have Broward County sheriff or whatever. And it's weird because for us, do you ever, do you ever like where you grew up, is there a sheriff there?
Speaker 2: Is it just the police department? You would know if it was called a sheriff or not. I guess, like to me, sheriff is like cowboy hat riding a horse.
Speaker 1: You know that that's a sheriff. You know, old school, you know, like old West, you know, But I did you know that there's a New York City sheriff? Yeah? I mean I would assume there is, yeah, but I mean NYPD is the police department. The sheriff what they do.
Speaker 2: They do like evictions and stuff like that. That that that's around here in the New York area. A sheriff, you know, they serve, serve warrants and papers and eviction notices and stuff like that. Like they're the ones that like knock on your door and throw you out of your house if the bank takes your your house away.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So there is a New York City Sheriff's Department, but they're not gonna pull you over. You can do ninety miles an hour in front of them, They're not gonna do anything because I don't know if they have jurisdiction. They are peace officers, they have guns and whatnot, but I don't know if they have jurisdiction to like pull you over on the highway, you know, because I see, you know, there'll be a Sheriff's department car and people just go whizz.
Speaker 1: By him at like eighty miles an hour like sheriff. Yeah, I slow down real, real bad whenever I see any cop car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it depends. Okay, Well, like if the Postal police are driving on the highway. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've never seen post throw mail out the window. Then you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: But if you do eighty miles now by the postal police car, I think you're gonna be okay because he's not worried about you. He's looking to see if people are fishing out of a mailbox. So true, he's got bigger fish to fry. You didn't even know there was postal police.
Speaker 1: Did you no?
Speaker 3: Because somebody something actually happened recently with postal police. They arrested someone pretty famous. Yeah, with this forget who was mail fraud? They go after people, dude. And that's why all the mailboxes across the country have changed. If you noticed, when the last time is you mail the letter?
Speaker 1: But you're my mailing things. There's no more pull down the handle, that noise that we used to know when we were kids, and the slam shut there is.
Speaker 2: They're few and far between. There's still a few of them. I know where one or two of them are in case I ever have to mail a package, you know, But for it's just a little mail slot now because people were going in there with like gum on a string and pulling checks out.
Speaker 1: Jeez, that's called fishing, fishing, mail fishing. Who knew me? Well, now you're a kozie king. By the way, I am a kozie king. Yeah, this is our kozy King shipping manager. Yeah, shipping director. I should. I'm actually really excited about it. I don't know why, but I love shipping things, I know.
Speaker 3: I told the guys who I do this with, Tommy and John and Gina. No, Gina, Actually Gina does help you work.
Speaker 1: With an underwear company, Tommy John is I'm wearing Tommy John. I think I am too. See it.
Speaker 3: People don't need to yesterday anyway, I told them, because we get these koozies and these boxes delivered, and I live in an apartment, interesting to see with the new trucks. Yes, and all of us in this group live in apartments one bedrooms for that matter, so it's very cramped and small. And then you get like ten boxes in your apartment filled with koozies, and then you say to yourself, I have no room.
Speaker 2: So now I'm your drop ship guy. Yeah, I'm excited for that. Yeah, thank you, you're welcome. Well, don't thank me until I actually do it.
Speaker 1: I hope your garage is ready to be filled with coozies because you know what, I might just steal them and resell them. What you never know?
Speaker 3: Well, our pickleball coozies are actually doing fantastic right now. We had to order a thousand more. And that's why we were so like happy to have you on board, because nobody has room for ten boxes full of coozies.
Speaker 1: Now when you say ten boxes, are they like like massive boxes?
Speaker 2: Now they're like this by this, So I need to clean out a good space in my garage to keep say, is it okay if when I ship them, their's spiders in them?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, because my garage. Amazon is the one who opens the box.
Speaker 3: I don't care where, okay, And by the time it kits here from China, the box is like torn o, you're gonna I can't wait, No, I cannot wait for.
Speaker 1: You to be like this is an abomination packing.
Speaker 2: I'll telling you right now, if it's a damaged box and all crushed and disgusting, I will not ship it.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't.
Speaker 3: It's an embarrassment. This is not going to someone's house and it doesn't matter. This goes to Amazon where they just open it.
Speaker 1: Right. But I have to go to a shipping center to leave it, and I'm not. I'm gonna make it put a disclaimer. I didn't do this, bro, I didn't pack this. I'm just reshipping, so I would never ship it like this. Okay, well, now you're gonna get Akoozy King's T shirt. Are you excited?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Am? I gonna have to retape the box up.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I did once because I felt it.
Speaker 2: Wait a stacking hold on. It's coming from China. There could be all kinds of saws and stuff in the bottom. I don't calm it down.
Speaker 1: What I don't, I don't know. I'm gonna there's what happens if there's like some there's not some China bug in there. China. There's no bugs in there. Really, there's no bugs. It's gonna be my garage. It is probably gonna be bugs. No, there's no bug. You're fine. What if there's like that that Asian beetle that eats my trees comes over in a Japanese beetles. Yeah, we have those in our backyard already, but we're not supposed to see that's how they come. They come in coozy boxes. They don't. That's anyway, that's how they infiltrate our country.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to be the one that starts that. Forget it. I can't say lantern flying. I'm out. They're another one, the lantern flies. I'm out. I don't want them.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're fine, all right. Thank you so much for storing our cooozies, and thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah, we're done. It's eleven forty. Okay, you can check your emails.
Speaker 2: It's actually not eleven forty. Very few people are looking at their clock right now and it's eleven forty unless they started listening right at eleven twelve or so or eleven oh eight, you know.
Speaker 1: Yep, nope, you're so right, Scott. All right, well I want to keep going. I'm not done yet.
Speaker 2: What do you want to talk about? I got more, but I have things I need to do. Oh I see, all right, Thank you so much for listening to ball Chat.
Speaker 1: I see, mister important. This is important. Thanks to do, mister executive. I bet all your other podcasts did not have a wonky microphone. No, I fixed it, told you. I figured out what the solution was. Sorry, Andre, I love you I love you. We're friends. We're friends till the end, till the end. What was that from friends till the end? Care bears No, the fantastic voyage. Nope, child's play child Ah, the Chucky Chucky friends till the end?
Speaker 3: Do you know you just got arrested? Which one actor who played dolls got arrested? The doll got arrested? Why, let's just say the diddle and around with things shouldn't been did on.
Speaker 1: The little kid?
Speaker 2: The one that was the little kid in the eighties or the newer ones the Chucky actor but from the eighties, yes, the original kids.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think it was the kid. It was the person who played the Chucky doll. The voice. Yes, Okay, that really is nothing that's so far removed. The voice of Chucky. Everybody knows the voice of Chucky.
Speaker 2: Ah about that? You never saw him though, you know you would never know, all right. That's like you're saying, hey, do you know that the voice of alf just got arrested for murder?
Speaker 1: Okay? Who's ALF? I know who ALF is? What does A stand for? Uh? Alien life form? Yes? Good job? And what animal did he like to eat? Uh? Sloths? No? No, cats. That's scary. He liked to eat cats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ed Gail, he just got arrested. He looks a stunt performer. Oh, he sure looks like a molester. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was in Howard the Duck too. Can you tell me what planet Alf was from? One dollars cash right now?
Speaker 3: Wa wait, I'm sorry he was Alf was from Come on five four Uranus, uranus.
Speaker 2: He was from Melmac, Melmac, yep ah, mel Mac. All right, thank you for listening to ball Chat. Please follow us on our socials at serial Killer's PC. That's cereal with a C, and we'll have all new serial Killers on Monday, where we will eat some wonderful cereal.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're very excited. And where we recorded ahead, isn't that really exciting?
Speaker 1: Not really.
Speaker 3: We got to keep recording ahead so this way we can imagine if we make it all the way to the June July iebreak with like so ahead that we're good.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we used to record like three four five episodes in the canon we would have we would have episodes recorded for two months.
Speaker 1: I know, But now you leave it like eleven and I'm done with work by like ten thirty, So it's hard. We need to get our schedules straight. Yeah, we just got to get our schedules all right. Thank you so much for listening. Until we see you again, say clink, Andrew, I'm gonna do it right, not like you did on the last day. Okay bye, yeah clink clink. So that last episode is never actually really even Yeah. So that's the official ending, right for this. Oh that's right, I got it. Okay, bye bye,