Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. Armstrong and Getty. And now, here's Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The jury is still in deliberation in the Clancy trial and could get a verdict today or tomorrow or who knows when, but Hasn't had a verdict yet, if you're wondering about that. The CIA director visited Moscow the other day. That's not a normal thing. Why did he visit? Well, we had one report on why. There were two reasons he went, and I hadn't heard the other one. We'll bring that to you in just a little bit. Looking forward to that. But first, it's the beloved Friday traditional. Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's Cow Clips of the Week. It's Cow. They call it Cow.
Speaker 2: Clips of the Week. It's Cow. Jurors heard from 84 witnesses.
Speaker 3: Prosecutors sought to prove that Lindsay Clancy murdered her three children. This young lady did nothing wrong in her life.
Speaker 2: She was a nurse, a daughter, a wife, and a darn good mother.
Speaker 1: The majority of people believe that Lindsay Clancy is not criminally responsible. President Trump has now imposed a 50% tariff on about $ 20 billion in Canadian goods.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of real estate on my ass, so he has a lot of room to kiss my ass. Meta agreeing to pay up to $ 18 billion in a landmark deal.
Speaker 2: Meta has agreed.
Speaker 3: To set a default daily time limit of two hours.
Speaker 4: Rescue teams in Nepal are in a race against time as they search for any survivors.
Speaker 3: The mystery under the streets of New York after three men were captured on video climbing out of the New York City sewer system. I'd like to propose that Los Angeles consider a pilot program for free hygienic sexual relief clinics. This is the first known time John Ratcliffe has visited Moscow as CIA director. Well, there's a lesson for those who want to become a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Be thrifty with whores. And you know how many of them brought up Taiwan or national security?
Speaker 1: Not one.
Speaker 4: So you think it's okay for a parent to slash his kid's thing? Do you really want to have this conversation?
Speaker 2: Are you circumcised? Yeah, yeah. I literally didn't even know that. Seriously. By the way, I put books in there. I don't know if you saw the photos.
Speaker 3: America does not deserve that. That's my new thing.
Speaker 4: Robot robots in China are breaking human records for speed.
Speaker 3: Far away, away from having robot soldiers. I think five to ten years.
Speaker 2: America is waking up without Dolly Parton.
Speaker 3: People are always asking if they're real.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would never. But I would give about a year's pay to peek under there.
Speaker 1: The number one Dolly Parton pet peeve.
Speaker 2: Nobody notices I've got a great ass, too. Well, I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships fly.
Speaker 5: In the yellow haze of the sun.
Speaker 3: There were children.
Speaker 2: Crying and colors.
Speaker 3: Flying all around the chosen ones. That trio stuff with Dolly and Emmylou Harris and Leonard Onstead is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to listen to more of that. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was reminded the Chinese robot story that ABC was so big on and so cheerful and how wonderful it was. ABC News with the bent-nosed jackass David Muir. Well, I posed the question, and, you know, I could have done some digging, but a fellow's only got so much time in the day. Is ABC Disney trying to make inroads in China? There's got to be an explanation for how it was all cheery, happy, no mention of military use for these incredibly advanced robots, nothing. Well, a friend of the Armstrong and Getty show said the answer is yes. Disney came under the sway of the Chinese Communist Party 10 years ago when it opened the Shanghai Disney Resort. Chinese government holds a 57% stake in the theme park in Shanghai. Disneyland is Disney's most profitable overseas park. There are hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. About 300 Shanghai Disneyland employees are active members of the CCP and take part in political study sessions and CCP cell groups on theme park property.
Speaker 2: That's from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: Disney also makes a lot of revenues releasing movies in mainland China.
Speaker 2: There's more.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think of it as just money, but number one enemy of the United States, and you're not even going to acknowledge as a news organization. The military possibilities for the robots or just for the economy, if they have them working in their factories or whatever. We're in a competition with China, as you know, David Muir, for the future of the world. And you helped them do a puff piece to make it seem like they're just making robots that can beat somebody at badminton. Isn't that cute? Yeah.
Speaker 1: And our correspondent points out, former ABC News senior correspondent Terry Moran complained that ABC slow-walked a news story he filed in 2021 about the Wuhan lab leak theory.
Speaker 2: The network ran his story past.
Speaker 1: Anthony Fauci, and it ended up on the air but cut to shreds, in Moran's words, by the heavy hand of censorship.
Speaker 3: You ran a news story by Anthony Fauci before you ran it? That's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're not done with Clips of the Week. We need to take a look at Millennials. And their inability or unwillingness to pronounce T's. Here's a millennial saying Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: Dolly Parton. Oh my God, my skin is crawling. Dolly Parton.
Speaker 3: It's a.
Speaker 2: Cultural thing.
Speaker 3: I guess the way gay guys talk a certain way sometimes.
Speaker 6: Lisp.
Speaker 3: Because my son doesn't pronounce T's, but he hasn't going back to when he was little. And the way that nobody else in the family does. Let me hear it again.
Speaker 2: Dolly Parton.
Speaker 3: I almost find it difficult to talk like that. Dolly Parton. It's a little bit painful for me to do that.
Speaker 2: You're going to pull a muscle.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To try to leave the T out. Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: Oh, please stop playing that. It really bothers me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As I've mentioned before, the first time I ever heard that was in a singer in a band who's from the Los Angeles area. I'm uncertain about Dolly Parton.
Speaker 3: Was that before or after we had that news person in Charlotte who did that and it drove us nuts? She didn't pronounce her T's.
Speaker 2: She was from Baltimore?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think there's a weird accent in Baltimore. It's totally unique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But it needs to stop. Obviously, a crisis that needs to be dealt with. Wanted to mention this to you. You've probably heard by now, if you follow the news, and clearly you do, that the CIA director, John Radcliffe, had landed in Moscow very briefly the other day. It was the first time a CIA director had been to Russia since Biden sent his CIA director right before the war with Ukraine started. To warn Putin off. Obviously, that did not work. Why did our CIA director go there? Well, I was assuming we were assuming that maybe it was to warn him off. Attack in a NATO country, because that had been a big front page story in The New York Times that Putin was preparing to move on Moldova, maybe some other countries. And that was part of it. The other part was and I thought this was really interesting. I remember this is from The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, either one. We don't believe Putin's advisors are giving him honest assessments of the war's toll. He doesn't actually know what we know about how many people are dying, how little land they've gotten, all the different things that has changed the White House assessment from Russia's clearly going to win to, hey, Ukraine could win this.
Speaker 1: A brief aside, you may recall, and this was weeks ago, we went through an incredibly interesting account of how endemic corruption is in the Russian military and that even low-level commanders at the squad level, at the larger groups, as you go up, everybody's making money hand over fist on bribes on the front lines.
Speaker 2: That's probably part of it.
Speaker 1: The guys who report upward lie constantly as they steal.
Speaker 3: So Radcliffe didn't meet with Putin. He met with his counterpart over there, the guy that runs the FSB. which is their CIA sort of thing over there, and probably laying out that stuff too. Hey, we're just letting you know, our intelligence shows you got a whole bunch of corrupt people stealing stuff. You guys are actually losing. Do you realize that you're losing this many troops? Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Does Putin know that? And they're just hoping that the information could get past some of the sycophants who don't want to tell Putin the truth and actually get to Putin, which would help him maybe decide that this ain't worth it. He isn't going to come out ahead on this deal.
Speaker 1: Spies make their living knowing everything they can about the other spies. And I wonder if Ratcliffe and company had some perception that this bloke, um, who's, uh, what agency is he with? Cause they got a couple of different ones. It doesn't matter, but I wonder if they perceived that this guy seems to be a straight dealer. Well, an actual Patriot who wants the truth, right?
Speaker 3: And as they wrote in the times, because Putin himself was an intelligence guy. Some officials said they hope that Mr. Putin, uh, Former KGB intelligent officer himself would see a message from the CIA director as more urgent and credible than any other communications through normal diplomatic channels. That's pretty interesting stuff. I mean, that's like spy movie stuff right there. Plus, and were you going to get into the other purpose of his? Now, I think the Journal and others are reporting the second priority was to tell them Article 5 is alive and well. And if you attack an Article 5 member, even if it's little Moldova or Estonia, is Moldova part of NATO? No, they're not.
Speaker 1: But you attack Estonia, you're attacking all of us.
Speaker 2: That has not changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was probably, I don't believe what you're seeing on CNN, that Trump won't. doesn't value NATO and won't uphold Article 5.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure the spooks in Russia said, oh, we know CNN lie constantly.
Speaker 2: Who would watch that?
Speaker 3: Who watches CNN, they said.
Speaker 2: Who watches that, Borscht?
Speaker 3: The only thing I remember in terms of their words over there, because they use the Cyrillic. Is that the word alphabet? It's not the same as ours. If I saw the symbol for bathroom, I would still recognize it, because it took me a long time when I was in Russia to figure out. You know, I'm in Mexico. I know what a baños is.
Speaker 2: I can find that.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know what it was. It took me days. I'm just wandering the various rooms. Can I be in here?
Speaker 2: Urinating here, there, everywhere. Oh.
Speaker 3: Oh, boy. At some point this hour, I want to get to, I asked Claude. Oh, there's a projection out about Claude's finances. Blow your mind. We'll get to that next. And then yesterday, I asked Claude, after all the conversations we've had for the last year or however long it's been, what are my character defects? What are my flaws? And what it told me is dang interesting, and I think you could do the same thing. So, lots on the way. Stay here. Armstrong and Getty. What? I just saw that clip. We were just talking about how we're bored with all these airplane stories that they hit us with the news all the time. I just saw the Delta flight from L.A. to Boston needs to land. The captain needs to go to the hospital. We'll have to play that later. The captain's flying the plane. I need to get to a doctor right now. That's a bad thing to happen.
Speaker 2: No kidding. Yikes.
Speaker 1: So reference this at the very end of yesterday's show and didn't really have time to squeeze it in, but I found it just super interesting.
Speaker 2: They're doing all.
Speaker 1: Sorts of amazing research into the human brain these days, and they've identified a couple of circuits in your brain that work together to judge whether an outcome is actually within your control or not. Okay. One circuit linked to, it's a long name and you'll forget it immediately, that part of the brain, builds a running sense of how controllable a situation is. Then a second circuit linking to a prefrontal region with reward-related midbrain structures uses that sense of control to decide how much to learn from an outcome. In other words, they've identified the parts of your brain that are firing, doing their thing, And it was kind of an ingenious experiment involving orange dots and blue dots. But anyway, if people perceived, wait a minute, I got that wrong. I know that was right. There's something wrong with this test. Their brains behaved in a different way than if they actually legitimately were getting it wrong. And they identified the whole, all right, I'm just going to let this go.
Speaker 2: It's out of my control. It's fine. I'm not going to worry about it so much.
Speaker 1: And they also got into the fact that when people were right, the part of their brain was like, yeah, you're damn right, I'm right.
Speaker 2: But then if they got the next.
Speaker 1: One wrong, it was like, this thing doesn't work right. So, you know, the success has a thousand fathers, or I don't know, it's one of those old sayings. But the whole, you know, to care about the things I can't affect, not care, and the grace to know the difference, all that. They've kind of identified the part of the brain that does that.
Speaker 3: And so I'm guessing like everything else with human beings, it works better one direction or the other for different people. Because clearly some people are better at letting things go that they have no control over than other people.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting.
Speaker 2: And as we get further down this road, I hate to skip to the end in the middle, but....
Speaker 1: If somebody has their don't-do-crimes cortex, it's like you can't even find it.
Speaker 2: It's so tiny. They're practically deformed.
Speaker 1: I mean, you still have to keep them away from society, but that would certainly change our perception of criminality.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. One of my favorite sayings on accepting the things you cannot change is the difference between a problem and a fact. A problem has a solution of some sort of. If it doesn't have a solution, there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: It's a fact.
Speaker 3: It's not a problem. Looking at it a problem is the wrong way to look at it. It's a fact.
Speaker 2: Right, right. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: During the brief and fascinating commercial break right before this segment, my wife texted me with some bad news.
Speaker 2: And not like bad, bad, but damn, really? That level of bad news. And I thought, wow, I can't do anything about this.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 1: And, you know, I came to terms with it pretty quickly. I'm still unhappy about it. But somebody else neurologically, their brain might work completely differently.
Speaker 3: The salmon you're having flown in fresh from Maine is going to be an hour late.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, yes. And I have a soiree planned.
Speaker 1: But like in golf, for instance, you see this a lot or sports in general. Some people, including me, especially as a younger man, I'm a hothead. I was a hothead. One of the few advantages of getting older that's gone away to a large extent.
Speaker 4: Low T.
Speaker 1: And people I know who are like my son, who are born as placid as a trickling stream through the mountains, say, it's not that important.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just calm down?
Speaker 1: And, you know, I think more and more life, we're going to find out, is like that.
Speaker 3: I got my best example of something I could not accept. I just could not make that turn. Maybe I'll bring that up. Claude, good Claude conversation coming up.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: A family is furious after they ordered their daughter a Mary Poppins costume and instead received one of Kim Jong-un. In the company's defense, I understand the mix-up. Both only allow their people a spoonful of sugar.
Speaker 3: Mmm. So before we get into our use of Claude to point out our flaws, this about Anthropic, and that is the company that is behind Claude, the chatbot and AI. And Elon said Anthropic has got the best AI out there a couple of weeks ago. Had you heard this? Anthropic, which is going public. is about to tell investors that it expects to generate $ 30 trillion in revenue. That's what it expects. Anthropic expects to generate $ 30 trillion in revenue. To give you a context to that number, the Wall Street Journal points out, The 191 technology companies in the S & P 1500 brought in $ 2. 4 trillion in revenue last year added together.
Speaker 2: Good God.
Speaker 3: So almost 200 tech companies in the market last year generated $ 2. 4 trillion. Anthropic says it's going to generate $ 30 trillion. If that happens, obviously... All the rules of investing and economics and everything are up in the air and you got to refigure them all out, right?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you had money in that company and that happened, would you need to... I don't even know what it would do to your investment.
Speaker 1: I'm taking all of that with a shake or a salt, obviously, but.
Speaker 3: Well, it would seem if they're exaggerating by... 30 times it's still an amazing deal.
Speaker 2: Invest in my hot dog stand.
Speaker 1: We could make $ 40 billion. I mean, I don't even know how to... And the person said, oh, no, no, no. My hot dogs are so amazing. I would think, I don't know how to process this. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: I don't want to... Well, right.
Speaker 3: As the Free Press wrote... You've blown my mind.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: As the Free Press wrote, hmm, okay. Well, $ 30 trillion. What kind of one-world government is Claude planning? Tune in next week for episode one of my 75-part series on the Claude-occupied government. But no kidding, what kind of power would a company that generates $ 30 trillion have?
Speaker 1: Well, if they had power because they'd made hot dogs that delicious that they sold that many of them, that would be enormous power. But if it was the power of information and computing and communication, no, it's a dystopian nightmare. Somebody's got to put the paddles to George Orwell, wake him up, and say, hey, we need you again.
Speaker 3: How about old-fashioned lobbying? They could give each congressperson a million dollars. And it wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: A drop in the bucket. No, they could give them $ 10 billion.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: Good point.
Speaker 2: Gee, many Christmas.
Speaker 3: Do you have a point to make before I move on?
Speaker 2: I don't. I have zero points.
Speaker 3: Okay. So, I wish I had more confidence in how many of you are using chatbots at all. I bring it up with some people, and they're like, oh, yeah, I've been using them forever. They're fantastic. And then I mention it to some other people, and they... Not only don't use them, but some of you have such a negative reaction to anything that is a chatbot. It just makes you angry that anybody would ask a chatbot a question and then listen to it, which I don't quite get. I mean, it doesn't have to be like therapy stuff, marriage advice stuff. If you ask Claude, like I said the other day, I'm hating how much money I'm spending on rent. Would it be a better idea to buy a house at this point It did all kinds of research instantly on California, the housing market, all kinds of different stuff, and came back to me with actually an article from the Wall Street Journal from the other day that I'd missed where they said it may not be a good idea to buy a house again in California for many, many years and explained why. But anyway, there's all kinds of stuff like that that these chatbots are brilliant at. Trust us. They're incredible.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: If you use Claude or chat GPT or whatever for lots of different things, question about your health, question about your relationships, question about your job, dealing with your boss, you know, financial planning, whatever the hell it is, it is compiling a whole bunch of information about you. I can't even imagine over a decade or longer what this will be like when, you know, one of these chatbots has all this information about me. But somebody told me the other day, hey, here's something fun, but buckle up.
Speaker 2: Oh, boy, fun. That's one word.
Speaker 3: Ask Claude, what are my character flaws? And be honest. And then it goes through all your different stuff and hits you with that information. And I found it pretty darn interesting. Some of it was revealing. Some of it was a little painful, but true. Katie, I know you did the same thing before I get to mine. You want to lay out something?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what I was expecting, but, you know, if you were to ask a human that, they'd probably take a moment to tell you.
Speaker 2: ChatGPT was like, oh, no, I got it. Sure, there you go.
Speaker 3: Even if you told your parent or friend, I really want you to be honest with you, they still would, like, kind of slowly couch it, something. Well, sometimes you have a tendency, and don't take this wrong, because you have lots of good, you know, that sort of thing. And you're right. You ask Claude, and it's like, Okay, here's 5,000 words on your problems instantly.
Speaker 6: I'll put the main issue in bold and then I'll tell you all the details about it right underneath.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay.
Speaker 2: Right, how do you want this organized?
Speaker 1: In order of what a douche you are or alphabetically?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I did that and just a couple, like the first one it hit me with, which was pretty damn good. I probably do do this. You mistake insight for change. It said to me, it said, you're unusually good at naming your own patterns. And to you, the naming feels like progress. It isn't. Unless you do something. You haven't done anything.
Speaker 2: That's some straight talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You can describe the ambivalence with real precision and from all different views. But you don't ever do anything.
Speaker 2: That's basically what it said. Wow.
Speaker 3: Which I thought was really, really interesting. You mistake insight for change. A couple more. I'm not going to hit you with this. Some of these would be confusing to you. Some of them are really actually just too personal. I thought this was kind of interesting. One of the problems with the whole chatbot thing is... It said you ask questions you already know they're answered. It gave me some example. And it was stuff that I do for the show. Where I will go in and say... Why do some people think that Clancy woman didn't kill her kid? You know, whatever I'm getting, I'm gathering information for a segment on the radio show. So I had to tell Claude, Hey, I do a radio talk show. And all of those questions are about, I said, Oh, okay. I get it completely. So I will leave all those out when you're doing that. You're just gathering. It actually said show prep. It used the term, which was, wow. Yeah. Um, uh, you're, this one was really good. This one was good. Your attention goes where it goes, and I won't use the particular, but it hit me with a couple of crisis points in my life, and it said, you've asked me many questions about this one and not one about this one. Just pointing out that clearly this one is a prior to you, and I was like, how have I asked so many questions about this one and not this, which is clearly more important? Why have I done that? That's really weird.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is almost a little disturbing. Useful, certainly, but... How does it know that?
Speaker 3: It was right about that. It was right about a lot of them. And it did say at the end, two honest caveats. I only see what you bring here, which skews toward the hard stuff. You know, you're not bringing your whole life to me on a daily basis, which I would say as you use it more and more over many, many, many years, it is going to have more of your life and more ability to It's a layout. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie.
Speaker 6: You only bring me part of your life, so I only know how screwed up you are for part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, mine said the same thing, but if you choose to do this, it is humbling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a nothing.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you, I hesitated to do this, partly because I didn't think I would get a very satisfying answer.
Speaker 3: And you're perfect in every way, and it's really quite exemplary. Is that what it's about? And please teach me how to be more like you.
Speaker 1: No, no, I was expecting kind of a complete answer, and it was just three words.
Speaker 2: You're a dick. No, I kid.
Speaker 3: And I did it in the classic, you know, modern snarky style. Three words, you, period, next line, are, period. You know, all capital letters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm a little disappointed and slightly confused. I said, in our conversations, have you perceived any character flaws in me? And it, of course, said, I appreciate the honesty in this question, but I want to be straight with you. I don't think I'm well-positioned to answer it in the ways it sounds like you're asking.
Speaker 2: Few reasons why. I only see what comes up in our chats.
Speaker 1: Character judgments about real people aren't something I do well or should be doing casually. I don't have the standing to diagnose flaws in someone from scattered conversation topics. And if I reach for something anyway, I'd likely be pattern matching on thin evidence and dressing it up as insight, which isn't actually useful to you.
Speaker 2: But then I thought, well, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: I did have one, like, actually using it as counseling for an issue at one point, but now I can't find that chat.
Speaker 3: How often do you use it? Like, how much do you use it for?
Speaker 2: Personal stuff.
Speaker 1: At all?
Speaker 3: Personal stuff.
Speaker 2: At all?
Speaker 1: Oh, personal stuff as opposed to comparing two guitars for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once a.
Speaker 3: quarter okay see once a month i'm doing it like daily so there's just a lot more information to work from and it's funny i did the same thing on chat gpt because i i do multiple chat bots uh to see if the answers are different and sometimes they're quite different sometimes they're very much the same but chat gpt had basically the same summary of my character flaws um I have a lot of insight into my flaws and problems. The problem may sometimes be that you examine yourself relentlessly and gather all this data and then don't do anything. So both of them basically said the same thing. Really good at observing problems from all different angles and bringing all the information and saying, okay, now we know that. And moving on to something else.
Speaker 2: Without ever doing anything. Which kind of fits.
Speaker 1: I wish these were were dated, because I know precisely when I had the conversation. And now I can't find it, and I could retype it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I couldn't, because I'm not... Have you done the search? There's a search.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a search option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just.
Speaker 1: I can't remember exactly how I phrased it, and I haven't found it yet. But I'm going back as far as I can on Claude, because it was like Christmas time last year that I was asking the question, and, well, it ought to be in here somewhere, because the farthest back it goes is... What's a good turkey size for 11 people?
Speaker 3: Maybe ask Claude.
Speaker 6: Hey, we had a conversation at Christmas last year.
Speaker 3: And I asked you. And so when you asked for your character flaws, it said your love of fried birds. is dominates your life perhaps find something else to focus on Why don't you Google that?
Speaker 1: I'm really sophisticated, and you're asking me a question that's stupid? Man, for stuff like that, it is so good. No wonder Google, how is Google handling this in terms of the drop in revenue? I've read the numbers. They're catastrophic.
Speaker 3: Why would I ever Google anything again in my life when I can get such good information from Claude or ChatGPT? and just keep asking follow-up questions, and not a bunch of ads yet, but not a bunch of ads that are, you know, not even what I wanted. It's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Oh, I finally found a chat.
Speaker 1: It's funny, but it still said, I don't have enough info to go on, which is interesting. And I have a child's understanding of how these large language models work, but it is somewhat astonishing to the point of being disturbing that it said to you, sure, we can get into this. And it said to me, you know, you asked me about guitars and what radius of table is best for a four-person card game. I don't freaking know you like turkey and cards. But it perceived that, quote-unquote. And I know, Paolo, don't lecture me. It doesn't perceive anything. It's a series of circuits.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It seems as though it does. It's like if, you know, I met a guy on the golf course the other day. We hit it off like crazy, really like the guy, respect him, can't wait to, I hope we can be friends going forward.
Speaker 2: But if you were to ask me, Joe, what do you think my flaws are? I'd be like, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Right, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: And it perceived that, that we have a similar, not super deep relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, it's so good sometimes and y'all should try it if you're not. I mean, I know some people are hostile to the chatbots for whatever reason, but like I've gotten acquaintances really struggling right now in life and I'm concerned about them, but I laid out a lot of the specifics of that person and it pointed out what was the most significant part of their crisis that I would have never guessed. And it was completely right. It's just, I find it quite amazing. Um, I got a great story about asking for honest opinion of yourself that my dad used to tell at the dinner table. I'll have to get to that next. When we finished strong, stay here. So it's not the joke that I love so much about interviewing for a job. And you say your biggest flaws, you're too honest. And the guy says, well, I don't see that as a flaw. And you say, I don't give a crap what you say. It's just pretty funny. Um, uh, My dad used to tell this story a lot when he was in grade school. It's a harp for my dad. One room schoolhouse, middle of Iowa. The teacher one time said, I want you to tell me what you think of me. And I want you to be completely honest to a bunch of kids, like grade school kids. I want you to be completely honest about what you think of me. And he said, they all wrote it down and sent it to the front. And she sat there crying at her desk for the rest of the class.
Speaker 2: What a bad idea.
Speaker 3: No kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. That's rough.
Speaker 3: Ooh, man. Depending on the age. I don't remember the age, but like if you're past, you know, six year olds and into like 14 year olds, you're going to get a heap and help on the stuff that's going to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually dug into that one chat. I found it and, in the interest of being fair because everybody else, although Katie just hinted at her results, but she's raising a small baby. She doesn't have time for these mental exercises. It said essentially to me that you don't say what you need. You just grind your teeth. And then when it gets too much, it's worse than if you said what you need in the first place.
Speaker 3: I had one very similar.
Speaker 2: So did I.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I had one very similar to that, too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Don't grin and bear it till you explode. Dumb, dumb.
Speaker 3: That's the and I heard this phrase the other day. People pleasing, like in the moment, you don't want to cause a problem or hurt somebody's feelings. And somebody said, how often does people pleasing please people? Oh, wisdom rarely does.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids, it's that time again. Final Thoughts! With Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Here's your host for Final Thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day and the week.
Speaker 2: Michelangelo pressing the buttons. Michael, would you lead us off, please?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're a psychology major and you're working to be a therapist, change your degree right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Katie Green, our esteemed newswoman, has a final thought and a baby. Katie, what's your final thought?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just the way they did this list. The first one was self-criticism, and then it went into a couple other ones and said, it's a cycle I'd keep an eye out for. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jack.
Speaker 2: You have no eyes. Jack, a final thought for us.
Speaker 3: I've not really been a thank God it's Friday guy mostly in my life. But man, oh man, this week with school back in session and everything like that, me trying to keep up, I am very, very happy today is Friday.
Speaker 6: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: My final thought, thinking back to that study about the part of our brain that controls the, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: Do anything about this. I'll just accept it.
Speaker 1: There's so much of what we think are our character. that we're just born with. So try to be a little more patient with other people's flaws. You got your own, and.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to me, folks.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four-hour workday.
Speaker 1: Oh, so many people, thanks for a little time. Go to armstrongandgetty.com. We've got some fine swag for you. The Socialism Sucks and It Never Works t-shirt. It needs to be flying off the shelves. Send a message to those young communists.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on Monday. I'm sure there will be plenty of news. God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and jackie we started the show with death.
Speaker 5: And dismay a cow abortion this can't be the way it's friday or friday as jack likes to say we promise to do better Coming up on Monday.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: The Armstrong and Getty Show. Get the podcast free and mostly doesn't blow. Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty.