Speaker 1: Ho ho ho.
Speaker 2: Everyone. I'm Devin Simone.
Speaker 1: And I am deepon Rogers and this is MTV's official challenge clearly Christmas podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. It's the holiday season day, and I am so excited, very excited, excited for this episode, excited to chat with you about it. We were supposed to have Callum on, but maybe he's busy with his other girlfriend or something. I don't know, but either way, it's just us today.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like just us double D so he could see his way out some.
Speaker 2: D's on that, right, I know, right, I know you already know it's gonna be a hot mess of a podcast, but in the best way possible. So I hope you have your snacks and you're ready to go. Going to do a deep dive into this week's episode because a lot happened, babe.
Speaker 1: Oh we had such a good episode. That was all amazing episode. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Let's start at the beginning. So it seems sort of sweet, except for as a viewer, it's not that sweet because we know, oh that Callum is trifling, like we know it, like we have already seen it, just literally trifling. But Michelle doesn't know, you know, What's interesting day is that like of the guests we've had on who you Know, spoken about Michelle and just as we see her gameplay, she seems to be kind of a queen bee in the house, right or like a leader. People listen to her, people don't want to double cross her. And yet this kid right here just just double triple quadruple crossing. And we only saw one call he made to his girlfriend. I'm willing to bet that he made multiple calls because you know they get a call every week, right, so I'm willing to bet he hit.
Speaker 1: Her with I love you so somebody I loveten? Yes, pretty often.
Speaker 2: But see, everybody we've had so far on the podcast said they genuine I believe them genuinely did not know Callum, which is also crazy because to keep that secret in you know what I mean, like I don't.
Speaker 1: And I mean you can clearly see them. Michelle is falling for him, very planned.
Speaker 2: To date for him on the gars, like that's really doing the absolute most with the cherry on top.
Speaker 1: And it was there nothing in him that would say, you know what, let me just let this girl know, like like you nothing, you felt nothing, nothing.
Speaker 2: We need to talk to Michelle about her choices because I I mean, because I'd be willing to bet. Not always the case, but like I'd be willing to bet. There was some telltale signs, not maybe not that he had a girlfriend, but certainly that he was asked boy material, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He said he checks every box. So if he checks the red flag boxes.
Speaker 2: Right, what you need to change up the boxes you have on that list or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which is wild? Do you It was still really sweet to see. It was sweet to see that vulnerable side of Michelle. And Okay, also this weird thing. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's too many Disney movies as a kid or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There is a part of me. I understand they're just friends, so people don't come at me, I understand, but feel free to DM me if you agree. I a part of me like once Michelle and Jay ah huh, girl, I feel like it's right under their nose. Like I'm just like you, guys, are you sure there's nothing there? Because I don't know. I just I feel like there's such a love between them and not honestily romantic, but there just is this like they each other they like. I don't remember, but I think they did. I don't support spinning the block usually, but in this case, you know, it might it might be worth a thought. I don't know. I'm just yes, But do you think that Callum is like, sure, he of course he's attracted Michelle, But do you think a part of him is doing this because he's poladicking? Okay, I I.
Speaker 1: Think it may have started out that way, but I think he eventually started to develop something. I don't know how to classify that something, but he started to develop something for her. But I definitely believe it started out that way for sure. Okay.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't know, because I feel like we got whiplash. I feel like she was pledging her love to him by you know, episode one and a half. So I don't know. I just feel like it happened very quickly, and so I don't even know. But I mean, I definitely do think he actually likes her. I will say this, Yeah, I think he's caught up in it. I think he actually likes her, and obviously she really cares about him. I just am like flabbergasted that you have a whole girlfriend who you were telling I love you too while you're cupcaking with this other girl on not just national like international television.
Speaker 1: She's going to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love you was going.
Speaker 1: To see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, and Michelle's gonna see I love you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Just just you know, but I can't. I hope he's somewhere sitting in thinking about what he's done. Probably not, And I hope this is just a lesson. Is if it smells like an F boy, if it walks like an F boy, if it talks back, it probably is an F boy. It probably is.
Speaker 1: I think he's going through the situation like Mariah, like, oh, I just I don't want to hurt anybody nobody.
Speaker 2: Oh that reminds me, girl, we got to talk about that. Hold on, we gotta talk. We've got to there. Just we thank you for we just got to address it for a minute. It looks like we're gonna see more of that. The first to answer your question about Callum, No, the difference between Marian Callum is at least Mariah is showing some form of cognitions, a little like internal struggle, right, Like she's like, ah, I feel bad even if bananas is Pola digcking over on House of Villains and making out with Karenne. Also also now he's that happening, I mean, Banana's is in the in the streets now he was headlined holding hands with Lindsay from Summerhouse on her wedding day in the West Village? Does she not know who Banana Girl run? Although actually they both might be a complimentary level of toxic here we go. I don't know that's that's a separate that's just everything.
Speaker 1: That's everything.
Speaker 2: They both might be a complimentary level of toxics. Or maybe he's trying to send a message to Mariah because he got Like, I feel that Bananas very rarely gets played publicly, do you know what I mean? Like he's known for breaking hearts, being a terrible boyfriend, you know, in the long term, good boy from the beginning, but then you know, I'm always ends up doing something, and I feel like Mariah is probably one of the first times that like really publicly someone's gotten over, you know what I mean, like played. So I wonder if a part of this is kind of like, you know, puff my chest a little bit, uh.
Speaker 1: Or Johnny could just be being Johnny.
Speaker 2: I mean that too, But anyway, you know, I just so Now back to this week's episode. Yeah, while Collum's working his angles with Michelle in his lives, really the challenge they had to do this week is called working the Angles Day. Can you tell us a little bit about your thoughts on this challenge.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan at all. I hate Heights above Water. I can't stand it, stand it at all. But I thought it was really cool that everyone got to, you know, an opportunity to show what they can do. Like even with down to Berna. This was her field, this was her thing. She does this right, she like, what is it called trappeez? This is what she does right, And so this was a great thing me personally. If I were in this challenge, I definitely would have picked to be the person to call out the colors. I would have been that person like crawling across the chindel, like climb up and down on the triangle. That would not have been me at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have called out Berna's clappers. They looked great up there, they really did. Was she was killing it and I love that she was like, oh I don't even feel him anymore. You know, like she's usually eat my shorts like I don't know, I don't she looked great, like yeah, power to girl, appreciate all of it. I feel like I need to go do some spots or something, especially after Thanksgiving. Lord, some sit up some I don't know, deep breaths. I need to do something. But she looked great up there. To me, that was automatically a win. So props you. And also look at Bernard's come a long way since she was really struggling. Yeah, you know, first, you know, she doesn't seem to be making as many people mad, which is good.
Speaker 1: Did you see how Jay was climbing up and down that like he I mean, this was his habitat It was crazy. The way he was climbing up and down that pyramid was insane. But at the end of the day, Horacio Kylin and Big tie my girl Big pulled out the wind. I'm glad she can breathe for once.
Speaker 2: Yes, she deserves it, Like they're really just coming after you and can I This goes to there have been people who've said in past seasons, right, they get really frustrated. Usually when there's a lot of vets and rookies in the house because oftentimes they felt like although I don't feel like USA two is this way, which is one of the reasons why it was probably one of my favorite seasons. But where it becomes that, like usually the vets sort of take control and then there's like a consistent target, right, like where they keep going after a person, keep going a person. And actually, as I say it, it did sort of happen last season with Chris and USA two, but in general, people get mad. But this is just proof that that's not just a VET thing, right, Like that's just a house thing because they're coming after Big T is one of the more senior players here, yet she happens to be the one that is now being consistently targeted. Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Well they said that. They say she had the most number of shows, so get her out of it. So yeah, it's like the reverse they flipped it on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Yeah, So Hirasio, Kylin and Big T win, Yes, and then we see Hirasio struggling to decide, undeciding on who to throw in.
Speaker 1: Baby make a choice, Okay, Like I want to see him start speaking up, I want to see him start standing in it. My first introduction to him. I thought he was like rookie of the year. So I figured when he came back, he was coming back like hey, like this is my show, Like I'm here to claim what's mine, and he's kind of like crawling into the corner waiting for other people to make decisions. I want to see him speak up more, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting, I wonder because he does come across as such a leader, and yes, he was so kick ass on his first season that it's like, where does this indecisiveness whether it's shining, you know, like where is this because.
Speaker 1: Think it might be strategy, but because how he stepped out on.
Speaker 2: Big tea, So yeah, right right, yes, Also the thing that doesn't make sense, you had like you had the audacity to be loud. Yeah for the big teeth, but now all of a sudden, unless do you think that when he did say big t and he thought he was being all big and brave, he got some flak for that and the house and so then he sort of start second guessing because yeah, in the very early episodes he was like, oh, I'm going to stick to my vote because I'm not a sheep and blah blah, blah, and now all I'm hearing is bad, bad, bad, Yeah, so bad. So I don't understand. Curious to you all, all of our Challenge podcast fan, what you guys think this strategy behind? It seems like he's having a mid life crisis or like a big challenge crisis. But I don't understand, like not like literally midlife, but like a midlife challenge crisis of where he can't Yeah, and I wonder, why do you think he's just trying to keep his hands clean at this point?
Speaker 1: Like he thinks, yeah, because he got big t blood on them already, So maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's trying to keep his hands clean. I don't know, but it's definitely becoming more apparent. I Mean, we knew that Olivia was kind of the mouthpiece for that team back in Ride or Dies, But I feel like if it wasn't obvious, then this season is definitely making that very obvious.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Also, it seems like they're setting up. So remember we had Naris on right and she was talking about the fallout with Olivia and like eluded that on the surface, it's not about her dating Harasio, right, Like the fallout isn't over that even though I suspect there's like a hint to that underline. I feel like this episode they were kind of setting up the potential fallout because they kept giving the narrative of Hoirassio didn't have a voice when he was playing last time, Hirassio didn't have a voice. Hirassio didn't have a voice. Yeah, dude, go get some cough spray Alaza something I don't know, but figure out how to use it. But I felt like, without saying Olivia's name, they were sort of pinning it on Olivia because obviously they were partners, and so I wonder if that's going to be the pivot or a part of the blow up in some way.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just felt like they kept bringing that up a lot. Today we're definitely we're gonna have to figure out what's going on there. But unfortunately, Hirassio does find his voice just enough to say he Menuel as the vote.
Speaker 1: I think that was the safe vote for him. I think he felt safe doing that because I think he thought he didn't know Emmanuel had as many connections as Emanuel has, So that just shows like, oh, baby, you out of the loop. You might want to have a conversation with the Reese because you at the loop. Baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Manuel knows how to make connections. If you don't believe me, go look at my Twitter and you can see the pinned videos Actually from an aftermath episode we did where Torri and e Manuel snuck into the bathroom to hook up and they forgot that there were hidden cameras that caught it. It still pinned to the top of my ro file. So yes, Manuel, definitely he knows how to charm and connect.
Speaker 1: All right, we have to take a quick break because Devin and I clearly have all the tea. Okay, so we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: So now let's get into these nominations, because I like, what in.
Speaker 1: The pure evil?
Speaker 2: What in the why the hell are you so mean? What in the mean? Girl's Part two was happy and these nominations, I have.
Speaker 1: No idea, I have no eyda. It was it was mean, It was angry. It was just like, oh, it was cringey. It was like, what are you doing? What are you doing? You're doing all of this to throw Melissa and Big T under the bus to make yourself appear to be whatever in front of your alliance that you think you have just for your alliance members to turn around, Michelle, look you in the face and say, yeah, I'm still gonna say your name, boy, because.
Speaker 2: It didn't make him look good like as he was doing it, and I was making like Corey's going to be the reason my botox wears off early.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: And because the amount of like faces I was making, just in shock and disbelief and frustration, I one hundred percent no, I'm gonna send him the bill the next time I have to go to doctor B because he's gonna definitely make it wear off. Ass Because so he like the idea of Okay, I'm gonna come clean, Fine, if you want to come clean, fine, whatever, and then the idea of I'm gonna try and prove my loyalty to my alliance, like okay, fine, But I feel like this one of the things could have been an email or in this case, it could have been a private chat that you guys had, not a deliberation in front of the whole house, right, but then to so meanly go after Big T and Melissa, not just like hey, guys, you know what, sorry, I was doing double duty. I was pulling a raven and sharing information. I shouldn't have been like blah blah blah cool. But for him to just be so mean and so callous is just I'm in shock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what was the reason? Because it didn't work in your favorite.
Speaker 2: So it did. It just made you look like an evil person. So if you were on my alliance and you did that, if Dave you pulled some stuff, we're in the house and you come and you're like backed into a corner, and then you're like, I was the Lions Callum and Michelle, you know, you know better a lot. But if you're like I was, I was taking advantage of Callum Michelle this whole time. I'd be like, well, good on you for Callum and I'm kidding. But I'd be and you were like, but I don't even care about them, da da da. I would just look at you and be like, wow, she yeah, she lacks empathy, which then makes me question her period.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My mama always said be careful of a dog who'll bring you a bone, because it also means they'll carry one carry one, And so basically that is older Black mama speak for if someone can be really shady, if someone's being really shady talking to you about someone else. Be careful because they probably are doing that about you, or like they probably will do that same thing to you. And so I would just look at that and be like, well, he can be that mean and heartless to two people who otherwise Melissa has anger problems clearly, but otherwise are like decent people. You know, they're not like evil, they're not the villains. If he can do that to them, then he can do that to anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so saw it in his face. He felt bad. He tries to create a facade, but you could see it. Like I told you, he does this thing with his eyes where where he's in like mean guy mode, but then his eye'll start to twitch like like like the yeah, like the innocent is trying to come out, but he's trying to like blink his eye to keep it in there.
Speaker 2: So well, his body language just stone walls anytime he does it. Shoot like you'll literally see him sit back and almost like stiffen up when he feels like he's being challenged or backed into a corner. And it's just crazy to me because I've spent it's very limited time, but I've met Corey in person twice, so once on the Aftermath the same season where we have the clip of even Well and Tory hooking up that's pinned to my Twitter. And then one in La when we were doing a challenge fitness thing with Rachel and so we were all saying at the same hotel, had drinks of them. It was fun. He was great, like, so cool great. I was like, oh so fun. Changed numbers. We've like had DM since then all that, and so watching this, I'm just like, who is this person? Like? Who is this person? Because the Corey I knew is wonderful. It's like really a lovely person. I feel like he's really wanting to fit in. I feel like it's take it back to like mean girls or high school. Yes, he's literally Katie for mean girls where he betrays Janis. Okay, big t is Janie. Where he betrays Janis because he's trying to fit in with the plastics, Okay, which would be Michelle and j and no shade to Michelle and Jane this, but we just have to give examples. So he's trying to fit in with the plastics, so he betrays He's like besties but doesn't feel good because ultimately he's still seeing is like he's not fit in which is was proven when Michelle still was like, yeah, but I'm gonna vote for you. I think the theme of this season is freaking terrible terrible politicking at deliberation, Oh for sure, trash.
Speaker 1: You guys are terrible at this, just awful, like talking too much.
Speaker 2: Just the way it's Chauncey p. Jordan's set the tone, and it has just been bad since I don't think we've seen a single person speak up in deliberation and us go that was good. Now James spoke up and managed not to get voted in, but he still sounded dumb. I don't. I don't know. They need a politic coach. And this is before chaos came in. Now I understand. Chaos makes it harder because now you're putting yourself out there, you're doing all this politicing and it may not even count, right, Like, we don't know what's on the third well we did until this episode will get to it, but we didn't know what was on the third paddle.
Speaker 1: So so deliberation, I feel like it's too open. I would have private conversations with everybody before then and then one we got there, I would be like, you know, I had my conversations with everyone, so whatever happens today happens today, and I would just let them go. But I would have private conversations with everyone before the deliberate. It's just too open. It's too open for me, It's way too open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I also feel like the minute you speak up in a weird way automatically makes you an easier target for kind of it literally just also draws attention to you. It's like when you're in class and you didn't finish the assignment. If you don't want the teacher to really realize you're there, you're not going to raise your hand and ask a question like where do I put my name on the paper? Shut up, right, sit down, and all of them keep trying to get ahead of it. But when you do have the individual talks, don't do it all a big tea and Melissa because they are ter'. I mean like when they go to ED and they're like, Okay, yeah, Ed, you're gonna work with us, and they were like it's like yeah, okay, and then a confessional it's like absolutely.
Speaker 1: Not, definitely absolutely not.
Speaker 2: That is not how any of this works like, definitely not. And I love how each time. May we all have the optimism as we move through the rest of twenty twenty three and into twenty twenty four. Here we go, May we all have the optimism and delusion that Big Tea and Melissa have and their ability to make last minute alliances that are actually going to save them, because they really are delusional about that, And you know, I appreciate. May we all have a little bit of Lulu.
Speaker 1: They really do go into delusional land. Go all the way, go.
Speaker 2: All the way in and shut the door, just shut the heat inside, go all the way in, And they really do because each time they think that they've managed to make it happen, and each time it does not. All right, So now we get into the arena. We are there. The orange is finally less distracting for me in the uniforms. It's finally less.
Speaker 1: By the blue. The blue is overshadowing the orange a lot.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Look I like orange.
Speaker 1: But how is she? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, maybe they were just feeling the fall seasoned spirit. I don't know. So, so we're now at the arena and the mercenary that we have coming in is one of the biggest smack talkers. I feel like I know he also has a great name. His name is Devin Walker.
Speaker 1: When that's how Devin walking in, I was like, Oh, here we go because I know he's coming in with a points to prove. He and Tory are currently the reigning champions, right right, so he let's talk about that too, because there's this debate going on on social media right now, right and tell us about the street. There's the the in the Twitterville streets. There's this debate going on as to whether the reigning champion are still Tory and Devin or is it now? Uh Desie is it? Who's the raining chain?
Speaker 2: I think it's different. I'd say both because Desi and Chris are the champions of the USA edition. Though, I just like it's a little different. I think Deasi and Chris are It's like it would be like Miss America and Miss USA. They both are reigning. It's just two different divisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I can see both beauty.
Speaker 2: Pageants, but two different divisions, I know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, I think that's I think it's two different things. So no, Torri still she's still our champ. Yeah, so so if that makes people are like, what does that mean? So Miss America Miss USA both beauty pageants, they're owned by different companies. Therefore they are too conceene as two different things. That's coming from a poorb pageant girl. Uh. One person can be Missing America, one person can be Miss USA. They're actually never the same person, but they hold the titles around the same time.
Speaker 1: I don't mess up. Don't mess up anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now we see Devin Walk in and and of course, now if you guys watched previously when they had a draw and Devon was on, you know that Devin always like pulled the like blank one, or like always pulled sort of like the and this is back when they had swords. Yeah, and he always pulled the random one. It became kind of like a running theme and thing. And sure enough, Devin Walker is the first one to choose the chaos paddle, right. It was like, now you and I had theories of what that meant. So my theory was that it meant that he got to pick or whomever whatever, you know, Mercenary got to pick between the two contenders down there who they wanted to go against because I was like, the rest of the cast isn't going to be dressed in their orange and blue uniforms, so like they're not going to be geared up to come down there. That was my theory. What was your theory?
Speaker 1: Day? My theory was that the mercenary would be able to pick anybody who wasn't safe. They would be able to pick anybody who wasn't safe. And the reason I say this is because there were times on my seasons where people allegedly were off limits, you know, except unless you won, you were safe, but everybody else was off limits. But they still told us go ahead and pack your uniform in your bag and bring your uniform in your bag. So my thinking is they still had to bring their uniforms even though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense because see you, on my seasons, we didn't if we if we were in the draw, because we were, it was a much bigger draw, right, Like it got smaller and smaller as the season went on. But at one point, like half the cast was in the draw, and so if you were in the draw, you had to wear your uniform. But if you weren't in the draw, like even if you didn't win, but you just weren't in the draw. You didn't have you didn't have to bring your uniform, you didn't have to pack it or anything. So admit those people were just realistically off limits. But what you're saying makes sense, and obviously you're right and I was wrong. So chaos. Devin chooses chaos because that's what Devin's do. I'm kidding this, Devn does not. She likes peace and happiness really too. I like peace. I like being in bed at a decent hour, online shopping and lots of ice cream that makes me happy and snuggles with my dog. So Devin chooses case. Who did you expect him to pick?
Speaker 1: You know, he made a statement and said he didn't want to pick anyone that he knew, And so I'm thinking to myself, like, I know Devin is a very well known person. But then I had to check myself. That mean people know him, not necessarily that he knows them, right, And so I was like, I have no idea who he would choose, Absolutely no clue who he would pick. I have no idea none.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was interesting too, that automatic I don't want to pick someone I know because I also feel like this is an opportunity to get back at someone. Oh yeah, that you know that you don't necessarily like, so like I thought that was an interesting immediate take on that. Yeah. And then okay, so then we see Michelle speak up right and be like not him about Calvin and me see whya say not him about James? And then Devin, who Michelle's like is one of my best friends outside of the house. Again, she says that about ninety two people on this show. I swear she does. I think, so I'll accept it. But Michelle, next time you consider dance when the challenge howds call me girl, Let's talk about it first. We'll go through the signs and just make sure it's cool. But he then proceeds to pick Callum. But before we get that, can we talk about how he peeped Mariah and James's body language, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, pulled it out the hat immediately immediately, And I was like, oh, oh, because even though you know him and Johnny have whatever they have, I do believe to some degree they are friends. And there Oh, I think he's gonna one run this information back.
Speaker 2: I think he's the one because so word on the street is and we got he found out that Mariah and James had a thing going on, And I'm willing to bet just in seeing how quickly Devin peeped it. I think Devin was the one who probably shared that information. I would have yeah, yeah, especially because he doesn't know James, right, so I imagine, look, you know their history or not? Like yeah, Like I feel like once you become a part of this Challenge family, it really is a weird family. Like even with people you don't like, there really is this weird sort of camaraderie connection y thing that ties us, especially if you've done this right right right, and especially when you've done multiple seasons together, there becomes that. And so I would have done the same thing. And I think, you know, I think he's the one that told And it was just interesting that he sized that up so quickly. It was also interesting that he literally picked the one person that Michelle said, don't pick the best friend. Ah. She was hot as fish, grease, she was mad, she was she was like why why would you do this? And he was like, oops, my bad. So now when he's doing this, I remember texting you being like, Devin better win this. It doesn't win, especially because what happened with Kaz. I feel like you never know. Oh, Like I just was like, I need Devin to knock this out of the park, and then he starts dropping him right away. I was really I was just like, oh my god, please don't let us have a repeat.
Speaker 1: But were Callum messed up to me because he kicked his He kicked Devin's piece. I would have buried it under my stuff. I have buried it to bury it under my stuff, Like okay, you're always going to be off because I would have been one hundred percent I would have took it and buried it. But him just kick it off to the side. I was like, no, baby, bury it.
Speaker 2: See. I feel like that's more veteran thinking mentality, right, Like that's what you're thinking of, is more in line. It's also just mean dah, but it's more veteran thinking mentality than the rookie stuff, which I feel like we see a lot of because you know, I'm sure you've seen word on the streets about the whole Jordan and Kieran thing, right and like elimination and like, look, sometimes stuff happens, But I think the thing that's consistently different with the veterans is the veterans are prepared for like stuff to have, if that makes sense. Yeah, like stuff to whether it's stuff breaks and whether it's you know whatever, Like they're they're just and they kind of learned to adapt and flow with that. When you do enough, you realize that that just happens sometimes like it's life like. It's just it's not like you know, your car's extended warranty, like they're tested out a few times, but sometimes things happen and and veterans are usually more prepared for that mentally than rookies who either expected to work flawlessly every time and it doesn't, or who you know, get thrown off when there is kind of like a shift or something changing. But anyway, so Devin pulls out a win and Callum is going home to his girlfriends. How did you feel? Were you happy that he that Callum was sent home? No?
Speaker 1: I actually wanted to see more of Callum. Honestly, I wanted to see Yeah, I did. I wanted to see more because I want to see where the story of him. I want to see where it was gonna go. I really want to see where's gonna go? Was she gonna find out what was she gonna get? Like, I wanted to see where this situation was gonna go. However, I do believe with him out of the game, Michelle will be more focused and so that's gonna be interesting to see. So but yeah, I definitely wanted to see more of him. Definitely proud of Devin. But they keep losing money, right, another ten thousand.
Speaker 2: They keep losing money, and I think everyone's shocked because Callum, in his mind, was sleeping good. Probably Michelle's been, but was sleeping good, Like had no idea he would be in for an elimination. I feel like that's like probably the worst blind side of it all. Right, if you just you really think I'm safe, I'm good, life's great, and then all of a sudden, and it's.
Speaker 1: Not even by the house, you get blindied by an outsider. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, like that is that is It was just it was a lot. So they lost the money. Then Devin says he regrets doing it against Callum, he should have done it against James, which is funny. It would have been interesting to see who do you think would have on that one.
Speaker 1: I think Devin still would have won. I think Devin still would have won. Yeah, I think a good matchup in that particular game probably would have been Devon and j or Devin and Kyler.
Speaker 2: Those would Kyland would have been really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was interesting. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Y'all know we have more coming. We have to take a quick break. We'll be right back after this. It was a great episode. Okay, so let's now that we've talked about what's happening. We've done a breakdown of this week. Now let's get into our gold Star and timeouts. My gold Star contenders. It's really a tie between Bernard's cheeks because Bernard just was working. At the fact she was like, I don't care, like this is I was I was go go or breakdancer, and like I was expecting her to do some moves up there. Now she was putting the puzzle pieces upside down. But it's fine because she looked, you know, she was killing it.
Speaker 1: So you know, are you doing Yeah, you gotta let things slide.
Speaker 2: Uh. So that's a contender. And then Big Ta in her Ma Genery Alliance are most certainly a contender. And then h you know, I'd have to say I'm gonna give Michelle a gold Star contender.
Speaker 1: And here's why.
Speaker 2: I just feel maybe it's a pity gold Star contender, but I just.
Speaker 1: Feel it was sweet that she did the date.
Speaker 2: That was cute. She really is approaching this in a way that like you generally should. Now, the one mistake is she met someone in the Challenge house. But outside of that, like that, you know, she's she's doing her due diligence or trying. So I'm gonna give her the gold Star Contender, but my winner ultimately is going to go to Big T and her imaginary alliance. Also they kicked butt, you know, which is great. Yeah, but but just yeah, her game play is entertaining. Who gets your gold Star this week?
Speaker 1: My goal star. It caught me off guard because I, you know, did not think I was gonna give this person my goal star until they said this. But my goal star goal to Emmanuel for when he was talking about his mom and then he was smiling so big and he said, I'm here to retire my mom. That did it for me, Like I don't know that did it for me anybody who come in, they play like just his whole story overall about his mother and how he feels about her. I love when I see a man express how they feel about their mom, because I'm a firm believer how you treat your mom is how you're gonna treat your lady. So I think that's I think that's beautiful. Yeah, so he gets my goal start for this episode.
Speaker 2: I mean with inflation. I don't know about the retirement part, but I appreciate the sentiment. I really do. I really get, and not only just inflation with their rate of gameplay, because they just be losing money sometimes, like I just ship that point up aside hustle, but still like I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Man of the sentiment very very much.
Speaker 2: So my Time Out contenders, you know what. Oh, I also have to shout out by the way, Jay calling you Manuel Dracula. That was hilarious when he was like he was like, you angered Dracula. Now, usually I would give nominees for my time Out, but this time, I'm not even gonna waste your time with this. It's Corey. Obviously Corey needs to not just sit down. He needs to lay down, just at this point, late down. I love what Melissa said, which is like, look, even if it's a game, even if you know you don't like certain people or do whatever. Everyone in that house is still a human being, period, full stop. Everyone is still a human Everyone has still gone through things, everyone still has feelings, and there's no reason to rub it into that degree, especially when they do the same way when Melissa and Big T were trying to solicit Ed to be on their what you McCall their imaginer your lines, and Ed was like, yeah, cool, I'm like hearing him out and then he's like, no, I'm not gonna really do it. But he wasn't mean to them right, Like he wasn't like, you guys are dumb, this is stupid, blah blah blah. Like he gave them space, and so seeing Corey treat them that way is really terrible. Yeah, time out of the Week and is a top contender for Time Out of the season.
Speaker 1: He got my Time Out of the Week as well. And the crazy part is at the time he had me in the first half at the top of his speech, I was with him when he was like, you know, there are other people's names who've been said, and there's other guys, so so you don't want to say any other guys like so on and stuff. I was with I was riding the train with him, and then he took a sharp left and I was like, come on, Corey, like what's going on? And then when he stuck his tongue out, I cringed. When I say, I cringe, like I've never cringed before. I cringed because what was that about? But then kind of it goes back to what you were saying, like okay, like you're putting on right now because that was so unnecessary. It was so unnecessary. And then the way he did it, it wasn't even like a you know, you know how people stick out their tongue, it's like a smoothness to it. It was like very forced and very like and seen so juvenile, like.
Speaker 2: He does childlike behavior, and it's it's absolutely just it's just awful. It's worth that red leather jacket thing if he's been wearing.
Speaker 1: It's really thriller. Is not in a good way.
Speaker 2: It's really bad and it's so misguided and not cool. And if he really thought that that was gonna make people save him, then dude, you just look like a dumbass. There it is there, we said it. You just look like an idiot because they had no you threw these kind people under the bus, and everybody else had no problem throwing you under the bus and know that it's not gonna make anyone trust you more. That's gonna make you seem like a psychopath. Which hopefully he next time will be on a season with Chauncey p. Jordan, because then when Chauncey and deliberation has another one of those who have I ever burned or offended at a moment, hopefully everybody will actually just reignite their experience with Corey and then Chauncey'll be safe. So maybe like that can work out for Chauncey in the future. But just it was just terrible. I thought I was gonna be most mad about Callum and his lives, but his girlfriend and.
Speaker 1: Corey managed to He said, hoh my beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah he sure did, He sure did. Sure, he said, hold my red leather jacket. So those are the people that we liked and the people who got on our nerves for this week. Now we're gonna take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 1: You know what, Devin, I'm glad I got an opportunity to just talk to you today because there was so much to unpack in this episode. I don't think I needed a third party. I just wanted to talk to.
Speaker 2: You, same girl, same. It's good to get it off your chest sometimes for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, where can the people find you on the socials?
Speaker 2: If you want to get it off your chest, then you can find me on Instagram. You can actually go to my website devinsimone dot com Devin with the y Smoth and I score to the bottom. You will see my socials. I'm most active on Instagram. Feel free to dm me Twitter as well. You can go look up that thing I was talking about about you Manuel Tori on a Twitter account and TikTok to occasionally and uh yeah, day where can they find you?
Speaker 1: You know what? For today? You can find me on Twitter at day Davion Underscore, Instagram Davion Diane Underscore, and TikTok at Day Diane Underscore. You can find me in those places today.
Speaker 2: You can also find her in the club. Here we go, balafio, bub I got what you need. I don't know we're having momy. I told you I still I'm still of the Thanksgiving food. It is the season. I love it and I love that we're going to spend you spending all season with you. Guys. Thank you so much for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Remember if you liked this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and tell a friend to tell a friend to tell another friend exactly.
Speaker 1: And you can catch new episodes of The Challenge Battle for a New Champion on MTV.
Speaker 2: And we'll see you back here right after for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: No girlfriends, We're told I love you on this episode