Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this Friday, February twenty eighth edition of a trend of Measles. So yeah, spooky out there, folks, Uh crazy so many ways. I'm yeah, we actually, you know, he really did it. It is it really is crazy.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: As soon as I heard it, I was like, he knows what twenty twenty five is going.
Speaker 1: To be late, pretty scary, spooky, hilarious. Nah, yeah you figured it out. I don't know how, but you did. Anyway, I'm Miles and I'm here with Brian the editor. What's it, Brian, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know exactly. Well, it's Friday, it's time to check in with what's trending. Brian. You are not in the United States, so you get to watch everything terribly unfold from over there. But America jessicatter fire Yeah yeah, yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah exactly exactly. Well, look over here in America, we just had our first measles death in a deck or so. Sounds like, yeah, he did it, we did it. That was last time twenty fifteen, when a woman in Washington State died of measles. This time, sadly is an unvaccinated child in public Texas. And this would be in any normal world. I don't know what's fucking normal anymore. Usually you would have a functioning Health and Human Services and all that. But the secretary of AHHS is one RFK Junior aka let them kids die of measles. Check out. Just just his antics in Americas.
Speaker 3: It's really got a way of letting children die for adult some mistakes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the measles outbreaks again were brought up to Trump during like this cabinet meeting, and he was just like, ah, bro, that's He's like, he's kind of like, that's a that's RFK bro. Why don't you why don't you take that question? And basically he was like saying that the people like that it's all blown out of proportion. That the hospitalizations that are happening, we're quote mainly for quarantine. Everything RFK Junior says is wrong. So even without checking this, I know this is wrong and I will check it. Hold on. Okay, the actual chief medical officer of the Lubbock hospital where the death happened said, no one is hospitalized for quarantine today because they need treatment. Okay.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: He was saying right now. Those patients quote are needing supplemental oxygen and respiratory support to help them get over viral pneumonia linked to measles. So doctor Laura Johnson, thank you for just saying the words out loud that are science based. And then also RFK was saying that quote, we're following the measles epidemic every day. Incidentally, there have been four measles outbreaks this year in this country. Last year there were sixteen, So it's not unusual we have measles outbreaks every year. Okay, hmm. Again, this was another thing, like I said in American Sama Kennedy went out there there was an outbreak in twenty nineteen, and then he was just also talking. I was like, yeah, it's not that big of a deal. I wasn't telling him to not vaccinate or whatever. And then an outbreak happened whatever, who knows, who knows, And then he also said that quote, we don't know what was killing the people who died in that outbreak, so very alarming. And also not to mention that he canceled like the there's like an annual scientific gathering to discuss like flu vaccinations for the year. He's just canceled that meeting. So I think they'll just have to freeze. They'll go to a parking lot and do it to figure out.
Speaker 3: How to look. Guys, the measles happens every Look, my father and my uncle gets shot every year.
Speaker 1: It's an annual thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Normal, perfectly normal for your father or uncle.
Speaker 1: To get shot every year on the same day. Yeah, just what it is? All right news, I guess lighter news. They're okay. So in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Whoha, whoa, whoa, I'm sorry, did you say lighter news?
Speaker 1: Wells, I don't think so quite. This is quite a heavy story. So in twenty nineteen, like three dudes took off with a golden and eighteen carrot golden toilet that was taken from Blenheim Palace, which is where Winston Churchill was born. This was back in twenty nineteen. They never recovered it because they're like, well, they probably cut up this solid piece of gold and sold it because it's a shit ton of gold. In fact, it weighed just over two hundred and fifteen pounds and was ensured for four point eight million pounds sterling, which is around six million dollars. The value of the gold at that time was about three and a half million dollars, and it was previously on display at the Guggenheim and then made its way to the UK. But yeah, so apparently like East that they've caught these three people that are involved. One is the dude who stole the toilet, and then two are the ones that helped fence it or break it down to make money for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who carried it?
Speaker 1: God damn, mus have been the one dude because they said he he took out of there. He got out of there within minutes. Like this ship was also hooked up to plumbing.
Speaker 3: I need, okay, I need, I need a detailed, detailed breakdown of this fucking heist because I've never I've never seen anything I can't envision hoisting and operating toilet that's wild to me.
Speaker 1: There is like, okay, here is here's some CCTV footage. Oh no, I think this is what they say. This is some CCTV footage of the golden toilet again set up hooked up to plumbing.
Speaker 3: It kind of looks. That's the wild thing about gold is it makes certain things look like shit.
Speaker 1: This is where you see them. This is the dude piecing out with the toilet right here in a hatchback. Yeah, hold on, where's my guy right here? Okay, so there's the hatchback and a VOLC. So I was like, yo, oh, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. Okay, here's home boy. He got the toilets. Oh, he got the golden toilet seat.
Speaker 3: Look heavy?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. The other guys looks like they're okay. They're rolling it out on like oh, it looks like they probably had it on like a dolly or something. Okay, unless you had like they could have just had like a strong man. It's only two hundred fifteen pounds. Light work, boom and they're gone. They're gone.
Speaker 3: Oh like kaiser sos.
Speaker 1: They poof and they're out. Yeah. So that's how they absconded with a two hundred and fifteen pounds The trial is now just beginning. Yeah, holy shit. But the interesting thing is like, apparently this is an art piece that this Italian artist, Maurzio Catalan made and it was funny because apparently when Trump, I think, was in office, he asked the Guggenheim because like, I'd like a van go for like that I could that, I could you know, show in the White House or whatever. They're like, they're like, fuck out of here. You want this golden toilet and no, he said no, and that the piece is titled America, so pretty spot on. Yeah, yeah, again pathetic exactly. And before we take a break, just want to touch Andrew Tait and his brother, the other guy Tate, have been in the headlines for the last couple of years due to their criminal behavior in Romania, a country Tate, you know, like move to and always talk about it is like how lax the laws are there, especially when it comes to things like sex trafficking and assault. But they were arrested. Him and his brother were arrested in Romania in twenty twenty two, and we're facing trial on charges of rape, sex of the minor, human trafficking, and money laundering. And they were barred from leaving Romania until yesterday, when apparently they were just like, yeah, they're able to go, and they're like, this has nothing to do with any of there's no interference from the Trump this is this is just we're just letting them leave. Very murky, especially when you consider that they took a flight just basically from Romania directly to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And this feels like very much has the hallmarks of a Trump administration pressure campaign. To again, I wonder sex criminal.
Speaker 3: I wonder if this has anything to do with Andrew's new.
Speaker 1: Role as Secretary of Keeping It Real.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, you think you think those are related?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's I think it is a confirmed cat. I think he will have to go through the confirmation process, but yeah, it could be, it could be.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I'm wondering who they're gonna get to confirm him, because you you need a sigma to confirm another sigma.
Speaker 1: Those are the rules, dude. Only sigmas can confirm other sigmas. Dude, that's in the constitution. It's in the concerts.
Speaker 3: You're gonna let them fucking beta cook me.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild though? Too. They go to Florida and then Ron DeSantis, the governor, was asked about it and he was like, they're not welcome here. I like, Yo, wait, what the fuck your whole y'all whole brand is to me?
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Ron?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ruffled a few feathers on Hey, rob Bro. What a rob he was robbed. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back with some more fucking weird headlines and trends right after this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're back.
Speaker 1: Meta is trending because I don't know if people were on Instagram yesterday or the day before, because you may have seen something on reels the reels section where people were just getting fed some of the most horrific, violent content, like shit that you're like, am I on like the two thousand and seven Internet when they were like websites down lives pase? Yeah, no for real, like am I on two thousand and six live leak? Is this what's happening? Because that's what it feels like. Oh the borious shit. Ever, people were like, what the fuck's going on? All Meta came out was this statement said quote, we have fixed an era that caused some users to see content in their Instagram reels feed that should not have been recommended. We apologize for the mistake.
Speaker 3: You guys were not supposed to see that. Oh oh you guys.
Speaker 1: It's fucking weird. I mean, like again, we talked about how it was like we're not moderating.
Speaker 3: Shit, No, this is this is all part of the plan for them.
Speaker 1: Baby, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: This was just this was just like it's like when like when Drake puts out like a little single, it's like one of those little feelers. Yeah, yeah, people, it's people vibing with this. Do people want to see unmoderated death?
Speaker 1: This still goes forward with it? You know? Then they probably yeah, they really were just like oh, it's like a big boo boo. But then you're also like, where the fuck, Like, do you guys also.
Speaker 3: Admire these here is on reels? Why is this here in the first place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a few people that we work with had this first hand experience or they're like, my feed of watching Dog Tricks was interrupted by just indescribable violence that They're like, I what what the fuck did I just watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're going for eye bleach and checking in on friends and family, you don't want to see like, uh, you know, someone bed gloved or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, No, it was it's truly like it's like awful, awful shit. Like just reading some of the like what people are describing they saw, I'm like, okay, no, anyway, so meta just said oops, sorry, And you know, moderation as well, So we're not doing it. I'm expensive. Speaking of the oligarchs, Elon Musk has basically done like a rage a like I don't care over his like I demand you tell me your five most productive accomplishments this week. Because this had a hole back and forth. It was like, first there was an email and people laughed it off. Then there was like a second chance email. It was like, hey, listen, you get terminated. And while that seemed to be like, yo, this is it, this is the time to do it. Then the Trump administration said the email was actually voluntary. And then Trump was saying, well, like if you don't like answer, then you would be quote sort of semi fired.
Speaker 3: Here's here's my question that I was never quite clear on. I never got clarity. Is so how I found out about this whole semi email telling me why you should keep your job thing? He sent that out as a tweet.
Speaker 1: No, there was anything. This was like an actual email masking.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because I was like, how how the fuck am I supposed to respond to this email?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, this was like a he tweeted it out. He basically hit like the group.
Speaker 3: All he said at all, and because I would believe that Elon would do something that dumb of like you need to email me right now?
Speaker 1: Uh all right at this tweet street, No, it basically is, but again, it just being it became less and less consequential, and they started backing off on this shit until the point where they're just like, like, so, you know, people were like, first of all, let's say every fucking person replied to this, how the fuck you go through millions of emails and then from there efficiently determine who is actually justifying their job or who is a loyalist or who is not whatever you thought this like weird power move was gonna do, it just don't even makes sense. It's just purely for your you know again, he's Ketamine Bray's dog shit brain of his that he's just like, yeah, dude, this would be fucking sick and I'll have to work through Twitter. Yeah. Well yeah, but that was like not even close to the same amount of employees. Then, so when people were like people were pointing this out, They're like, hey, dumb ass, what the fuck, how do you think this was gonna work? He then just backed off it and was just like, well, we wouldn't need large language models, he said, what it was just a check to see if the employees had a pulse and if they were capable of replying to an email, like completely was like pivoting off of that shit, Like it was all a joke the whole time. So again, this is just it's wild, like they're it's so great. It's just wild that they're stupid and evil at the same.
Speaker 3: Time and unseious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just all fuck it, like they're.
Speaker 3: Dead ass and completely unserious at the same time.
Speaker 1: And get a dumb ass. That's both they dumb, dead ass. So yeah, we'll see what, you know, what kind of shit he does to try and make himself feel powerful this weekend, I can leave. I can't wait. And then finally some good news, uh Nathan Fielder who gave us the rehearsal and you know, Nathan, for you of many, the rehearsal season two teaser just dropped. No, it's like it's just it's a it's like a teaser in its purest form. So the t So the new season comes out on four to twenty. Thank god, we'll have something else. Yeah, I don't know, what do you think of that? Teaser. It's just like the scale of it now, it's like not even just one rehearsal. It looks like he's got like five multi verses.
Speaker 3: It's definitely okay. The thing about the rehearsal with you know, all the humor aside is the uh, the production looked complicated and really I feel like this this teaser really sort of it's just such an odd show, like, yeah, to conceptualize and to describe to people, and yeah, getting to see the production aspects of the actual sort of production that you're watching. It's got this meta thing, very weird and just he's perfectly suited for this kind of this.
Speaker 1: Kind of media. It's just wild how much it's just it's really nice to see like sort of comedians just get the sort of creative like latitude to just be like, yo, bro, what like what do you want to make? And they're just like, I think this would be really wild like to do a show.
Speaker 3: I like how heady it is because it's like it's not like Eric Andre type thing where it's just like everything just devolves into shitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's ear bombing ranch or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's it's got a little threads running through it, so yeah, I'm it looks the duplication in the teasers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting. I don't know where they're going with that, and I don't want I don't want to know. I want to be surprised.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just like, you know, it's going to be interesting. Are these multi versus? Is this like some synectic key New York ship?
Speaker 3: You know, definitely some synectic?
Speaker 1: Is that even how you pronounce that the movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Syndaci, I think it's New York, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Hey, doch get over here. Those are the stories that are trending today. We will have more tomorrow. We got a brand new episode, so tune in for that. It's basically a two podcast mash up with my guest host and our guest. Uh yeah, it's a gigantic episode. You're gonna love it. You're going to love it. So yeah, check in for that. And yeah, that'll be it for us today and then we'll be back tomorrow. But again, until then, please take care of yourselves. Please take care of yourselves, give yourself some grace, give yourself some space, you know, take care of each other. Please. It's really fucked up out there. And all jokes aside, get whatever flu shots you can. Who knows, who knows what's going to happen, So yes, until then, take care of each other. We'll see you soon. Bye bye,