Speaker 1: It's the Best Bit of the Week with Morgan two.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome to the Best Bits Part two. You're catching up on the Bobby Bone Show. If you're here, make sure you check out Part one Part three this weekend. It is with Eddie and we always have some really fun off the wall conversations in part one, and we answer listener questions in part two. And now that I've told you that, it's time to get into the top seven segments from the show this week, let's do it.
Speaker 4: The show was asked what does your perfect.
Speaker 5: Day look like?
Speaker 3: So everyone was thinking and everyone had very different variations of what their perfect day would look like. So I inspire you to also think about your very perfect day. I know mine would include a day in the mountains with no work to do and lots of yummy food and my animals by my side as well as my fiance.
Speaker 4: So it's pretty simple.
Speaker 3: But maybe your perfect day will encourage you to go and.
Speaker 4: Take it somewhere soon.
Speaker 5: Number seven it's talking to Blake Shelton about what would be a realistic perfect day for him.
Speaker 6: Perfect day is in Oklahoma, at the ranch when is there and the boys, and the boys are outside doing things. You know, it makes me happy to see them just out messing around. It is simple and that sounds It's just makes me happy. And it's not hot. I'll take five degrees over one hundred degrees.
Speaker 5: So a realistic perfect day in your mind. So I'll go first. I think we'd be in Fatteville. It'd be a Saturday. It'd be a three pm Razorback game, so at our house in Fatteville. I don't want the eleven o'clock game. That sucks. I don't want the night game because I hate waiting all day because I'm just looking forward to the night game all day. So like a three pm game, wake up. I like to wake up and then go back to sleep. I like to wake up, eat and fall back asleep for a little bit. So I would do that and then I watch games and then walk over to the tailgate like an hour and a half before the games go. We win, we beat the crap out of Ole mess or LSU, and then we go to a nice dinner after the game at like eight pm. The weather it's one of those where it's not cold. It's like fifty eight. It's long sleeves, but it never is super cold. So we get that big win afternoon game in Fayetteville football season. That's my perfect day. And Oklahoma's off that week, so Caitlyn's let her to watch on her phone. Oh, she's totally focused on Arkansas winning the game. And so that would be my perfect day that I really could have. Amy.
Speaker 4: I would wake up in Colorado, probably a summer morning, at my sister's house, and we would have coffee on her back deck by the river, and then later we would go on a hike, and then we would head over to the spa and get some massages, and then maybe we sit by her fire and read a little bit. And then at some point, either she's cooking because she's an amazing cook, or we just order thy food or something and we eat in and then that's when the rest of the family shows up, like my kids, her kids and everybody. They always have tons of people sitting around their dining room table, like you have to pull up chairs and squeeze everybody in, and I love that feeling. And maybe after that we curl up and watch a movie.
Speaker 5: Could you make that day happen? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We could do that, And I.
Speaker 5: Feel like I could do most of mine except getting the win. Yeah right, that's what the last few year Arkansas football. Sure, and that's like I can make all the rest of that happen. I just can't. I can't guarantee we get a win overall, miss or Lsu. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine doesn't have any sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, got mountains though, got mountains, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Oh, mine's wonderful. I wake up about seven thirty eight o'clock, get my cup of coffee, watch the birds for a little bit at the bird feeder, and then I have an eleven o'clock tea time, So I've got to go right, So I go play golf, drink a couple of beers, great round. Then on the way home, I stop at the grocery store, pick up some meat because I'm about to turn the smoker on. Pick up some more beer, smoke some meat, and then we have dinner, and after dinner, we play a board game with all the kids. And then I stay up late and watch a movie with my son because he loves watching movies.
Speaker 5: Could you make that happen?
Speaker 1: I could make that happen every Saturday lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's easy.
Speaker 7: You wake up, have some breakfast tacos, absolutely the best breakfast on the planet. Have some breakfast tacos, head to the golf course with your buddies, and, like Eddie said, you have a couple of cold ones. Then you come home after that round of golf, and what.
Speaker 5: Do I love to do? Take a nap.
Speaker 7: Take an hour and a half, two hour nap, beautiful feeling, rejuvenated kids, come home, play for a little bit, and then what oh, time to go to a soccer game, because you know I love to play that co ed soccer at forty four years old. Get out there, score a couple of goals, come home, sit on the couch, have a night cap, and uh, tell the lady you ready to go upstairs?
Speaker 8: All right? Right right right?
Speaker 1: Forgot about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, none of you guys had that in your thing.
Speaker 1: I got a weird one.
Speaker 7: None of you guys, like, none of you grown adults thought about that on a perfect day.
Speaker 1: Can I change mind?
Speaker 5: Like that's embarrassing. I just didn't really talk about it. Oh right, that's a perfect day. She didn't say that, like Shelton didn't say that. Yeah, it's weird too that he didn't say that on a perfect Yeah. Yeah, okay, I hope all you guys try to have that.
Speaker 4: Eddie just said he could do it every Saturday.
Speaker 1: I can do it. The golf's hard to convince my wife. I'm gonna go play golf for four hours. That's tough.
Speaker 5: And then theirs, they didn't play with each other. They're at the same golf course and they're not playing with each other.
Speaker 1: We ignored each other.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week.
Speaker 3: With Morgan number two, we talked about the current babysitter rates, which are per hour and while this number is super high, and it kind of shocked all of us. So now I'm curious parents out there, how much do you pay your babysitter by the hour or per child?
Speaker 5: Number six at me saying that babysitting rates are going up and up and up.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're on the rise, So be aware because Bobby, you're about to have a baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a baby baby okay.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you probably want to pay more even for care of a baby baby be oh man, I don't even know. Okay. So I started researching this after my friend told me that her nineteen year old daughter, who was also in college has been babysitting for extra money, and she charges thirty dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Third, I don't know the rate, but you know what, I'll pay a million dollars an hour. That's how much I love my kid.
Speaker 1: Stop. Don't even say that, dude.
Speaker 5: I know obviously somebody uses that against me. I already said, yeah, it's thirty dollars an hour. I have no frame of reference here. Is that a lot for a babysitter.
Speaker 4: It seems like a lot to me, especially for one child. I think if you have multiple children, I could see that start to make sense.
Speaker 5: But sounds like what a school teacher she had paid after that many kids.
Speaker 4: Good point. What is their hourly rate?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'll figure that out though I'll do eight hours a day. You do that hour going.
Speaker 4: I did some research as well, because I was like, is this for real? And according to urban Sitter it says that on average, it's about twenty six dollars an hour for one child and nearly thirty dollars for two children. Now depends on where you live in the country, because that's like California rates like San Francisco is sitting at like that twenty nine dollars an hour rate, and then down in San Antonio you can pay about eighteen dollars an hour.
Speaker 5: Also, it seems that if your babysitting as a job make a little extra money as a teenager or young adult, you probably shouldn't get paid as much as if you hire a babysitter that has CPR skills right, that has more like an education in children. For teachers, generally speaking, if you were to take a teacher salary and break it down, they would make twenty seven dollars twenty five cents per hour.
Speaker 4: See if I had was a teacher in Saul urban sitter posting this or whatever, I'd be like, huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take that to the principals.
Speaker 5: Secondly, I'd be like, why you're an urban sitter. Get back to work, Get back teaching the kids, Get off urbansitter.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know. I mean, I only foundn urban sitter because I googled it after my curiosity got the best of me, And I guess I would just think like, oh, I'm a teacher with all these skills, Like I could be a nanny and maybe make more.
Speaker 5: Okay, because that feels different than a babysitter.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if you're a teacher looking to switch careers but still investment in children.
Speaker 5: How much does nanny make per hour?
Speaker 4: I mean I think that that varies.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, but you can look at.
Speaker 1: All in like all states, and then what like live in nannies right like nanny That.
Speaker 4: Would be very different.
Speaker 5: But that I'm confused by because I don't think you pay them as much. They just get to live there as part of their money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then see, to me, that part would get confusing because like when are they off?
Speaker 5: Nanny's make between twenty nineteen to twenty six dollars an hour, what are they off? Good? Are they ever officially off?
Speaker 4: They may Actually there has to be something where it's like, yeah, you know, I can't. I'm not just like totally available all the time. But like, oh pairs, those are the nannies that come from other countries and they come to live with you, and they are more can be at times more affordable than hiring a domestic nanny.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I think about a no O pair except I saw it on a Netflix show once in a foreign count I would have thought O pair was a large pair like we have pairs, or you can have an O pair like I don't.
Speaker 4: Know that, yeah, O pair, like some people will bring in especially because someone like they want to come work in America. They may come from like let's just say they're in Germany or the thing.
Speaker 5: Are they legal, yes, okay, yeah, so you go.
Speaker 4: You would go through a hiring agency to find your O pair and everything would be done. I mean, I think just generally speaking, they.
Speaker 5: Chald that I don't know much about being right, but that's not right.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's still a good it's still a fair wage. I just think for some people because I remember when I was looking at things and just talking to people when we were about to become parents and we were both working full time, Like I was just curious, so I started doing research. And some people that's why they do it. They ran the numbers, they did the math, and O pair sounds super fancy and it is, but it would cost them less if they had someone come and live with them from another country. Because when you're coming from another country, you have nowhere to men, where to go, you have no life, you have no friends. They're more available.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that.
Speaker 8: I think there's kid yeah, surely is the kid.
Speaker 5: Babysitters for super babies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, babysitters for newborns, yeah, yes, I just think for parents sometimes it's really difficult.
Speaker 5: Million dollars an hour, million dollars an hour for a babysitter for a super baby.
Speaker 4: But yes, yeah, like if you wanted to go to dinner.
Speaker 5: Can you take super babies like on trips?
Speaker 4: That's up to you. I think that they are are they able to go on trips? So Eddie had super babies. I never gave births, so I never had a super baby. But I would think it's advised you wait till a certain point because they're so tiny and vulnerable, like you don't want to expose them to.
Speaker 9: So was I till sixth grade and I still did stuff you're tiny and vulnerable grot like way later.
Speaker 4: But I mean, like, are you going to put them on an airplane?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: Are you mean?
Speaker 5: Can you go on with them?
Speaker 4: Right? I know, but they're so little and you're exposing their immune system to things, and maybe that's better. I don't know, Maybe it's good get them rolling in the dirt.
Speaker 5: But Eddie like a car ride.
Speaker 1: Is great because I mean, they love cars anyway.
Speaker 5: A car, you know.
Speaker 4: I think he's asking you about a car ride.
Speaker 1: You drive to Arkansas and take the baby with you. Yeah, and they love the back seat. They're just back there kind of just shaking or whatever, like no big deal. But like flying, it's just a gamble.
Speaker 5: Like like gamble.
Speaker 1: Some babies are good with flying, some will cry the entire thing.
Speaker 5: But I think there's a difference than a baby and a super baby.
Speaker 1: There is, there is, And I don't remember traveling too much with a super baby.
Speaker 4: I think you want to be home.
Speaker 1: You're like nesting right, mainly because you're just scared. Dude, you don't you don't know, like you don't know what what you're doing with the.
Speaker 5: Baby, planning to get They give our baby so much adversity, like baby, I'm just born. That's tough. You ain't getting to walk over here, like I didn't grow up easy. I don't want to have some kid that grows up easy.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. My dad's motto was like, I don't want you to grow up the way I.
Speaker 5: Grew up, which was I want I want my baby to grow up how I grew up.
Speaker 4: Because it's not going to have that experience unless you build like a certain little offshoot of your house that's like small, and then they have to sleep on a couch and you don't give.
Speaker 5: Them sell your car, dude, it's like boy name suit, I just leave just to give the baby a harder life so they're stronger whenever. Yeah, I got a lot of stuff to deal with up here in the old brain.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure that is difficult for you to to figure out how you're going to do that, because you do live a drastically different life than how you grew up, and you probably struggle, like Eddie saying, some parents are like whatever, I'm gonna give my kid whatever they want because I never had it, And you have to decide who you're who you're going to be. I'm sure there's a middle ground.
Speaker 5: I don't want that, you can want it even harder on them.
Speaker 1: And you even have time after the baby's born, like you got time.
Speaker 5: No, it comes out day one, start like, hey, cut your own cords, Hey baby, do it yourself.
Speaker 8: You're hungry.
Speaker 5: Fears though, yep, yep, Somewhere in this house there's a bottle of something. Yeah, find it.
Speaker 4: You have a partner, though, and she she grew.
Speaker 5: Up you gonna want to do things healthy. She had a great family.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's great that you have a partner that had some stability growing up, so she can offer that to your child.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, first five years of baby's life, nothing but manwich.
Speaker 1: Ooh man, that's good stuff. Though I love manwich.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, there's gonna be some nutrient efficiencies, like at.
Speaker 5: Me manmage mountain dew just fine, that's pretty much all it was. Maybe an occasional blowy sandwich on white bread with mustard and sometimes no blowney, just mustard on the white bread.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean technically first five years the baby could live off milk.
Speaker 5: Or manwich in mountain dew. That's uh oh thirty bucks an hour. Do we decide that's some more. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, dude, it's a lot. Like get down to San Antonio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where it's cheaper, So take your kid, rent a hotel. Having baby sat in San Antonio about it.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: So Lunchbox got sick again, and this time it was a little bit different because he had the typical strip throat, but more than that he looked straight out of the Will Smith Hitch movie, like completely inflamed all over his body.
Speaker 5: Something certainly happened number five. So at the end of last week, Lunchbox went home sick and we heard you had strep throat. And then we saw a picture and it looked like you had strap face and solen face. And I don't know, Evola, I don't know what you had, but that I didn't look like strep throat. Uh no, man, they swabbed my throat, it was strep throat, But were there other things? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: All of a sudden, my face swelled up, my eyes that could barely open them, My tongue was so fat, my lips felt like you know those girls on Real Housewives, like where they're just real puffy. And so Friday night, every thirty minutes, I'd wake up because I couldn't like breathe. So I went back to the doctor on Saturday and I went in there and doctor comes in said, let me take a look, and she couldn't even see down my throat because there was so much swelling. And she walked out of the room and she goes, renee, renee, I need ten milligrams and room four STAT, and they used the shockers on them for now, Claire, let me tell you, when they say stat, that is not something you want to hear at the Dodger's office.
Speaker 5: You're sure they said stat because you lie about words. I think they probably said, hey, can we get this in a hurry. They said the word sta.
Speaker 4: Stat's way faster than in a hurry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, no, people in the in the minute clinic, don't yell stat. No, guys.
Speaker 7: She said it three times. She said, where is Renee? I need ten milligrams in room four STAT. And in my head, I'm like, I'm room four. And then Renee came, I guess came around the course. She said, hey, I need ten milligrams.
Speaker 5: Room four STAT. Three times and we've only heard it twice.
Speaker 7: No, no, that was that was the third, okay, because when she walked down the room, she said and then she said, where's Renee?
Speaker 5: And where was she behind?
Speaker 1: Always I don't know.
Speaker 7: So Renee came in the room and she says, roll over on your side, you know, himp in the air and kind of pull down your pants and she she goes, you ever had a shot before like this? I was like like this, I don't know what she was talking about. I would listen. I didn't care what kind of shot it was. At that point, I didn't feel good. I was miserable, and I couldn't talk, couldn't swallow. I get hurt the swallow saliva like it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's even a sort throat sometimes. No, no, no, no, no, no, guys, it was We believe you that it was strep throat. It just looked like so much more right. It looked like you ordered all the appetizers and sides to go with it.
Speaker 1: Correct because your eyes were glued.
Speaker 5: Your eyes were so swollen shut that. I've had struck throat a couple of times in my life, and by the way, it sucks, it's the worst. It is the worst. My eyes were fine. Yeah, you think you had used infection on your face? Your eyes? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 9: She so.
Speaker 7: Then the doctor's like, I think you're allergic to moxicilan, and so she changed my prescription to a different medicine, gave me the I got the shot stat in the left hip, and then they gave me some other antibiotics, and then I had to go back on Sunday because the swelling still wasn't going down, and they gave me oral steroids and that's where we're at. But she thinks it was an allergic reaction of moxicillin. But if I look at my original picture from the doctor's office that I took, my eyes were already starting to puff.
Speaker 5: So that was pre max celling. That was pre amoxicillin. Did you tell you, I don't know what a moxicillin is. It's an antibiotic.
Speaker 1: Did you tell them about your sialis?
Speaker 5: Like? Could it be the sialogy everything was getting I couldn't tell someone. Did Someone online said, looks like your salis went to your eyes. But it's pretty funny. I laughed.
Speaker 4: It lasts for four hours.
Speaker 5: And did you call a doctor if it lasted for every four hours?
Speaker 7: I didn't even know, and I probably and people on line were like, you should go to the er. And I'm telling you I Friday night was so hard to sleep, just because I I'm kind of choke on my tongue, and I guess I realize that now. I didn't realize I was choking on my tongue at that time, but it was just like I'd wake up and be like, oh, it's only been thirty minutes, oh gosh, and it took forever for that night to go by.
Speaker 5: So if you were already swelling, why do they think you were allergic to something that they gave you when you were already swelling pre I'm not sure. Do you think it has anything to do theory working theory with your swollen testicle raising up like rising, not that it's on its way out? Can I tell you something though? My testicle didn't hurt all weekend?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because you was distracted.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's what it was. I got a hand Hart's punched it in the shelter. You forget about your head for a second. That made me true, But it was just so crazy. I have never been that like swollen.
Speaker 8: Ever.
Speaker 5: Were your kids sick? My middle child had strap hold on, But I don't know how I got. No, no, no, I never said I didn't know how I got.
Speaker 1: You did say, however, I don't get stressed.
Speaker 4: So let him finish, because when did his child have strip.
Speaker 5: At the beginning of last week? And you just came to knobs and we're always like, dude, you're bringing every illness into the room.
Speaker 7: Hold on, hold on, stop stop. I have not had strep throat in probably four years, like when they were young. No, no, when they were young. I did get it because I'd been re exposed to it. But this must have been some strong variant that just broke through some dams.
Speaker 5: Because I'm gonna tell you what.
Speaker 4: It rocked my world because your immune system is already busy fighting your testicle issue. That like, that's why I was able to direction.
Speaker 5: They're probably so tired from the east fight. I I don't know what soldiers. I know where. I understand where I got it attrition soldier from the yeast in his mouth.
Speaker 4: So like, did you eat anything? Elt like before you had the medication, like before you started to swell up, Like yeah, you have the strip throat, but like did you eat anything? Because like what was happening to your eyes? Like if my son has shrimp like or a shellfish.
Speaker 5: His eyes look like like lunch box allergic reaction.
Speaker 4: Yes, So it's like, okay, before the maxicillin, did you.
Speaker 5: Have I had? I couldn't eat like I don't.
Speaker 4: Friday, like when we were here at work, did you you have snacks all the time?
Speaker 5: Normal?
Speaker 1: No normost that no normal, no new nuts.
Speaker 5: No, no new nuts any bread high in yeast? No, no bread yeast? Okay, Like we're happy you're better. Oh man, let me tell you it feels good to be a human. It feels great. That's a great feeling when you've been sick for a long time and the first time you feel pretty good. You're like just a guy I ever felt in my life. And trying to reply to like text messages or what I couldn't read.
Speaker 1: Them because your eyes are swollen.
Speaker 7: Yes, Like I was like typing things. I type it and then I looked at a couple days there. I'm like, man, I missmelled a lot of those words.
Speaker 1: Guys, do you think four days is enough? Like he's here talking and every time he yells, I see spit come out of his mouth, and I'm like, are we okay?
Speaker 5: I feel like we should put him in a dog cone, like when never, like Stanley has surgery to keep it from like licking his paw that's been surgically repaired. We need to put you in a cone so it only goes forward. No, no, no, I have so many medicines in my body. Guys, I am like a this is the healthiest I've ever been. Every time you turn and look at them. They back away, Morgan and Eddie back away. I don't understand. Why could you spit when you talk as well.
Speaker 7: I've got antibiotics, I've got steroids, I've got something in my hips stat.
Speaker 1: And your tongue still sounds a little fat like it might be okay, it might be.
Speaker 5: I am happy that you're better. Oh, thank you. I'd like to lead with that.
Speaker 1: You're far away.
Speaker 5: But yeah, there's the reason my desk gets across the room. But man, I looked rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, we thought you were dying. We all kind of shared the video like did you see this?
Speaker 5: Like this is not good? Yeah? Yeah, And I mean maybe I should have gone to the R but I did. I mean people like going you need to go to the R and get drip antibiotics.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait, so hold on. I don't know if we got clarity on this. Maybe we did. But when you were at the doctor about all of this, did you disclose to them your other issues?
Speaker 5: There was no talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, but no, that's not this is the problem. He's not.
Speaker 5: I could barely talk, but you could still point with your finger down your swallen testify, just point pull it out in point because if it's related, there was no relation to that.
Speaker 8: You don't know that.
Speaker 5: He runs his pants down.
Speaker 1: They're like, get him out of here, call the cops, and testical he's got a bowl.
Speaker 4: Of because there's no relation to the swollen eye to the struck throat.
Speaker 5: Oh no, there is no.
Speaker 1: There isn't.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem like it. You had that before they gave you that. I'm mock to selling, That's what I'm saying. So it was part of whatever the strep throat virus was. It was causing it. It was it was a major strength post of all, he has a virus that's just swelling up random parts of his body, testical, eyes, tongue. I mean then he also got strapped from his kid. It's just two different things. But a lot of women were jealous of my lips. I will say that. I got a lot of comments saying, oh, I'm gonna show that to my lip lady. No, they didn't, I swear. Even Ray's wife said it.
Speaker 4: I think she's just trying to be like supportive and helpful, like, your lips look great.
Speaker 5: I can't believe you're back today me either, Why are you back? Well? No, no, I mean, I can't your back and you look normal.
Speaker 1: I will give him that. His recovery time is excellent. Like this was four days ago. Guys, he was gonna explode and all of a sudden he comes in. I'm the best shape in my life.
Speaker 8: I've ever been.
Speaker 4: Uh, do you have any blisters or no, there's no blisters.
Speaker 5: We gotta go. No no, she mean not on your private in your mount on your face, I like orally, yeah that's what I mean. Nope, I got in your privates. Nope. Okay, all right, we can continue this on the podcast. Just go search for the Bobby Bone Show. We'll continue going over there. All right, Hold on a minute.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: And because of getting sick, Lunchbox claims that he missed out on a huge opportunity to potentially be on one of his favorite reality TV shows. And I don't know if those two quite correlate, but you'll get the picture here in a minute.
Speaker 5: Number four, the Lunchbox got super sick. He had strep throat and if you saw the pictures online, his throat wasn't the thing that was swollen. It was his eyes. It looked like if you've seen Hitch, whenever he has an allergic reaction, his whole face swalls up, and all of us were like, that's that's not strep throat, that's strep face. Yeah, that was the whole face. So I want to I do want to play the audio of Lunchbox being sick. So would you play that ray star through?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 5: What that is? Literally how I sounded?
Speaker 4: All I saw, that's okay, So that's what he posted.
Speaker 5: I couldn't like, I couldn't talk.
Speaker 1: What day was that?
Speaker 5: That was on Saturday morning?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Oh my gosh, because I couldn't have the volume up. Whenever I saw his post, I just had to look and I know, I mean, that's just so much worse.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess I wouldn't bring as well as I thought I was, Like, I mean, like I said, I was every thirty minutes, I'd wake up when I was sleeping because I was like, oh I'm not comfortable.
Speaker 5: But I guess it was because I couldn't get air. So that's not the reason the world hates him.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not.
Speaker 5: No, he got sick. He's got a reason he thinks the world hates him. Survivor Season fifty. Guys, they tease this thing.
Speaker 7: They're gonna hide an immunity idols in all fifty states. If you go find the immunity idol, guess.
Speaker 5: What you get to go to Los Angeles for the live reunion special, meet all the cast, hang out with Jeff Probs everything. And when did they do the reveal for Tennessee I'm gonna get Saturday February fourteenth. When I sounded like this start? Did you also hurt?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I hurtain?
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 5: It was miserable. What if you didn't have that happening?
Speaker 7: I would have been on that idol because that idol was located one point one miles from this studio right here, huh, in a park that I have been to over one hundred times since I've lived here in Nashville. I know it like the back of my hand, and I would have been there, digging in the dirt with that idol in my hand, my ticket to Los Angeles. And the day the search happens is when I am infected with whatever I had. When I couldn't talk, I couldn't move, I was in pain, and once again the world is out to get me. The world hates me, my chance to go to Los Angeles, be in the crowd. Jeff Brops meet me and be like, you know what, we need you on season fifty two.
Speaker 5: So you think you getting set catchy from not only finding the idol and hanging out at a celebration of season fifty that they would have wanted you on fifty two. Correct, they would have seen me, they would have met me, my energy.
Speaker 7: They'd have been like, look, man, we've already were in the middle of season fifty one filming, but fifty two you're our guy.
Speaker 5: That was the vision I had of what was going to happen. Oh my gosh, it just wrecks me. Why the world is every time I try to get a step ahead and then I just get knocked down again. You sound like well chumbawamba, yeah, dumping. Yeah, you get knocked down, you get up again, But when you get up, it's too late, and the idol's already been found. It's already been found. I mean that.
Speaker 7: Do you not agree with me that that's the reason one thousand, nine hundred and two.
Speaker 5: Wait, it doesn't matter, but yes, we think that's very unfortunate. Oh my gosh, I had signed up on the website, getting the emails about Hey, it's coming two days till the release of the where the clues are? One day? Are you counting down with us? And I'm like, yeah, I'm counting down anymore, can't count. Oh and none of you thought it to go? I thought it's not a word. None of you. You didn't think to go and look sick, or you were just so sick sick didn't matter. I think they would have I mean it would have been bad. Yeah. I couldn't have done it. I'm sorry that happened.
Speaker 1: Are you saying Are you saying that if you found it and they were like you're the winner, and then you were like a but they'd be like, oh, you can't be the winner?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: It did sound like the milk commercial from back in the day. Do you remember that Aaron Burr a radio station, Aaron Burr. It was a question about the gunfight and Aaron Burr is the one ended killing Alexander Hamilton and he's like colorade and he's got a cookie in his mouth.
Speaker 1: What's the answer because he didn't have milk to watch the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he kind of sounded like this right.
Speaker 8: Here, Top Star, I can't know, but lep, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry that happened. I'm sorry that happened. Dude. That's brutal, absolutely brutal. A few of us are headed down to Atlanta on Friday, March thirteenth. We want you to join us, and and there's a way for you to get there regardless of where you live. You guys know about the drink? Oh yeah, okay, how's do you?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 5: Corey Kin and Meghan Patrick are performing live at the Cook Colar Roxy Dustin Lynch DJ and the show and you can winner. You can win a chance trip for two. Just go to Bobbybones dot com for the rules and to get in. Anybody can come flights. It's a whole thing. It doesn't matter where you live right now, sponsored by Broken Bow Records and Riserhouse Records and there you go. Did you not know about that? Oh no, I didn't know we were doing that.
Speaker 1: No one told you.
Speaker 4: Check your email. This is one of those things where like we have emails about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I got approached personally.
Speaker 5: Also, I don't know is he going he's on the email? Okay, thank god, Oh my god, thank god?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 5: Why well, what if they didn't ask him to go. He's just now finding out on the air.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be the reason.
Speaker 5: It's like when we did our cruise thing and then he found out he didn't get the same room. Then Amy guy.
Speaker 4: Still yes, he's on the email.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank god. Okay, So anyway, go to Bobby Bones dot com. I was lose again. We're gonna provide all. Do you ever think you're just so angry all the time your immune system is like scared and it just is bad because was like a I'm so mad in your immune system just gets exhausted and as it's getting mad with you, like germs come in. I don't think so, Okay, there's no scientific proof behind that theory. I just had.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Next week we are headed out on the top shelf country cruise. Some of the show is going it's going to be super fun, but there is some drama because when it comes to this show, if there are multiples of us involved, then there's always going to be drama. This one particularly pertains to free stuff number three.
Speaker 5: So our show is going on a cruise next week with a bunch of listeners and so we're excited about it. We actually have another plan for twenty twenty seven and I think it's called Top Shelf Country Cruise and Riley Green's doing next year. This year's Keith theurb been a lot of artists. But there's always drama with anything that we do. And so you guys had a meeting yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the cruise people.
Speaker 5: Oh really, it wasn't just internal.
Speaker 1: It was internal, but they have the schedule for what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what I hear is because they do have casino, a casino on the boat. Yeah, and these guys here are very pumped about going and gambling. That lunchbox was asking for gambling money on the cruise.
Speaker 1: I mean I walk in the meeting. The first thing I hear is are you going to give me money to gamble with?
Speaker 7: What did you ask a lunchbox? I said, how much money? How many chips are they going to give me to play with? Because they want me in their casino so other people will stay in the casino to be around me. That's the whole point. They want a celebrity in the casino. And she goes, they're giving you nothing?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think they should give you money to gamble. What do you mean? I think it's a casino. If you you don't have to go to the casino, you don't have an appearance in the casino. Right, But it will keep people in their casino longer.
Speaker 7: It will be proven if they are playing blackjack or craps with me, they're going to stay longer at the table, even if they're losing, because I am there.
Speaker 5: That's if I think that they should give him money to gamble.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I think if with whatever terms that we agree to at the beginning, you were to take any pay you're getting, I'd like a certain amount of it and chips. I think they could probably do that.
Speaker 1: Because he's going to be there anyway gambling, right.
Speaker 5: So guy loves a casino.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, So they told you, without a doubt, no money for gambling free, absolutely zero, obtely none. What was your answer to that? What's your response? So, no, then I probably won't be at the casino. Anybody believe that?
Speaker 1: No, No chance he'll be there, No chance. That's super fun.
Speaker 5: You're gambling on a boat man.
Speaker 1: You know what my concern was though, because I asked and I was like, how am I going to get drinks, like do I buy my own drinks or whatever? Like you have to buy a package, a drink package, so I can't go buy like one Pina Colada. I got to buy a package for the whole weekend, wait or the week now he mean's getting mad?
Speaker 4: No, I'm just thinking, like what So it's just drinks, but like not like food, no food, just alcohol.
Speaker 5: Yeah, food were covered.
Speaker 1: Well they even said coax too, And I'm like, what if I wanted to.
Speaker 5: Come, there's no way. I'll make sure you guys get cokes if I have to step in.
Speaker 4: Bobby coke a fully stocked.
Speaker 5: We were in a different room, let's stop. Don't don't bring it up. If you guys missed that podcast it's on Mondays part two, where we didn't know we were all opening up what our rooms were on this cruise. It turns out we're all in different kinds of rooms. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Literally, we would all be on the same floor except for maybe Bobby.
Speaker 5: I assume we all would be.
Speaker 1: We weren't.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then we would all be elevated.
Speaker 5: Yeah we weren't. So no free gambling money. But I think that's fine. I would have said that was it.
Speaker 4: I'm a few chips to get him started.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think you give somebody free gambling money.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if he wins a million dollars that would be great for their homes.
Speaker 4: Well, then maybe they'd be like, oh, sorry, it's invalid, doesn't count because we gifted you that.
Speaker 5: Okay. I think they would possibly give him funny, So it's sort of like play money. If they give him play money and he can't win anything he wins, he doesn't win. No, trust me.
Speaker 7: Because there was a blackjack tournament and they're like, oh, you want in I was like, yeah, the money tournament. Yeah, if you can't win the money, And I'm like, well, then why would I play.
Speaker 5: Because it's gonna look like it's set up if you go. It's like if I were to get in one of those Saint jud dream homes and i'm you win the home, and I put in whatever to win the and I win.
Speaker 4: Set up it's fore yeah, like lunchbocks, this is work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I was like, no, I don't want to play in a tournament, and I'm not gonna if I can't win the money, what's the point of playing? Like I get all the way to the championship and it's like, oh, sorry, we're gonna give it Tim here.
Speaker 5: Well screw Tim, Yeah, screwed him, you know what I mean? Like I beat Tim. I think that's fine.
Speaker 1: A blackjack tournament. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 5: That sounds so did did you ask for anything?
Speaker 1: Mine was just like my big concern was the or the drinks. I'm like, I geah, tell me about the drinks. I don't know what to do, Like I'm not gonna pay for my own drinks all all weekend, but I am doing like a wine tasting and like, can I take some bottles from there? Because like that'll do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet you. I bet you'll be fine.
Speaker 7: Okay, and you understand it, and you're never gonna to hey for a drink on the boat anyway. You know, listeners are gonna buy everything for you.
Speaker 1: No idea.
Speaker 5: Probably doing this segmented so you can get money from listeners to gamble.
Speaker 7: Like how dumb are we? Like guys, when you're at the bar, a listener, Oh let me get that drink. Okay, go ahead, man.
Speaker 5: Now they probably will. Yeah, absolutely feel free. We leave not this friday, but next friday. The boat I think the boat goes off in the afternoon, right, yeah, is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Uh no, I understand. No gambling money, the drinks. I'm surprised they're not giving you guys a few drink tickets, right, but I'll make sure that you get coke, my man. Okay, I'll make sure that everybody gets free cokes.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: Amy made a huge life decision.
Speaker 3: She's been going through something for several months now, and this big life change might have a huge impact on what she's been doing, but not only that on us in the studio.
Speaker 5: So she claims number two, Amy's got some big news. But I need to drum roll please and now, oh you want to guess Amy's big news? Come on, please, I got it, I know it, So I'm out lunchbox. She's moving in with her dude, okay, Eddie.
Speaker 1: She's getting engaged. Okay, she's gotten engaged.
Speaker 5: Okay, Morgan.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not either one of those, and it's something personal to do with you in your house, oh house, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: House. She's moving in her dude's house. She's moving out of her house, yes, yeah, into his house. All right, read drum roll please, ladies and gentlemen. Now time for Amy's big news.
Speaker 4: I feel like, in a way, it's news that impacts all of us.
Speaker 5: Whoa would you guys like to change your guesses? Yes, yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Eddie, Amy's pregnant. That'll impact all of.
Speaker 5: Us, all of us. Claire Dane's got pregnant at forty four, right, yeah, something like that. Cassie Kelly, Charles Kelly's wife got pregnant in her forties, so it happens her her Instagram, she was like, uh, I didn't know I could get pregnant. She got pregnant. Okay, lunch box, any.
Speaker 7: Guys, it's gonna affect all of us. Yeah, she's moving in with her dude. Okay, how mean that's a lot more stories.
Speaker 5: It's a lot you know, emotional stuff, drama. Morgan.
Speaker 3: I feel like she has a new job, Like there's something that's gonna take Amy's time away from the show.
Speaker 4: She's not leaving she has a new job.
Speaker 5: She doesn't have a new job. She could. She's kind of been killing Amy. Yes, and now, okay, Amy's news.
Speaker 4: I will say it does have to do with hormones.
Speaker 1: Oh, like, when you're pregnant, get the guests, okay, Eddie, when you're pregnant your hormones.
Speaker 7: They're like, it's official menopause. It's no more premanopause. What premanopause?
Speaker 5: Mary? Pause, Harry, and it's not manopause. She She's in full blown menopause. Okay, okay, like officially clinically diagnosed full blown Okay, And now Amy's announcement.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I will say I am in perimenopause very much so, and I have officially made an appointment for hormone replacement therapy. So I'm going to get all my blood work done. I'm seeing a doctor. I completely changed doctors from someone that I've been going to.
Speaker 5: This first ignorance before you keep going out. Thank you for all of us. I know that was an announcement, and I know to you there is significance. We don't know what that means you yes, yes, but I'm just saying we don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Explain it.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I watched the documentary Balance a Perimenopause Journey.
Speaker 5: Who didn't By the way, guys, I didn't watch that one.
Speaker 4: And it made me realize, like, I need to take this more seriously. I have had blood work done before, but you need to stay on top of it. This was a few years ago, and if y'all were call, I got on some testosterone and even then I wasn't really keeping up with it as I should. And then I decided just myself to get off of it. And I should have really consulted with a doctor. And so anyway, I haven't had blood work done in a few years now, so it is time. I'm going to a hormone specialist. She's a doctor. I thought she would be more difficult to get into, but I just decided to make the call, even if it was a three month wait, I just wait question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've been to a lot of weird doctors. It wasn't even real doctors.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's just one of those no like you would go and they'd be.
Speaker 4: Like, no, she's an she's a gynecologist.
Speaker 5: It's pull a hair from your hand and be like, oh, you're a little nutrient, okay off.
Speaker 4: So this sort of happened too because Morgan was like, hey, I need a new doctor, like, and I realized I wouldn't like what I say to you Morgan, Yeah, you said you didn't like hers. You're like, I'm not recommending this person. I was like, you should ask somebody else. And then I was thinking, why would I continue to someone that that I don't really like that much? Like if I'm not even a recommend her to a friend. So I decided two things here, I'm getting a new guynecologist and double wind for me. She also will do the hormone replacement therapy.
Speaker 5: I'm raising my hand again. Okay, we're still kind of lost, right, Yeah, to the general listener, we do not know. Okay, to the general male listener, we do not know what this could impact in your life or what they're going to extract from your body blood.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're going to draw blood and then they're going to test my What are my pgesterone levels? What are my estrogen levels? What are my testosterone levels? I don't know?
Speaker 5: But what do they do to make that different?
Speaker 1: In? How were you?
Speaker 4: They're going to give me a hormone reple Like, say, if I have no estrogen, they're going to give me some estrogen.
Speaker 5: Will you grow a mustache?
Speaker 4: I did the testosterone and I never grew extra hair, So I mean I shave my face for the peach fuzz, But I mean I do have different hairs that will pop up, like on my chin. No, like just a little hair and I have to like pluck it. But that's every woman.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 4: Hat some point in my life, I think that it'll impact y'all because it's going to help my mood, my way well yeah, all the time, or internally, like what's really happening, like my my joy, my passions, my desires, like things I'm not.
Speaker 5: Into maybe for podcast.
Speaker 4: Part passionate about lots of things.
Speaker 5: Yeahs like the boy you know that type thing.
Speaker 4: It covers it all. But you don't like your sleep, your your energy levels like everything.
Speaker 5: Question.
Speaker 4: I just feel like I'm on the verge of some change, like it's going to feel good, Like I'm gonna feel awesome, and I'm putting a lot of hope in this basket for sure. But I feel like once I get my levels right, like.
Speaker 5: New me, hand up, hand up?
Speaker 8: Can I do this? Yes?
Speaker 4: Men should do it too.
Speaker 5: Really doing perimenopause, well you could pass No, we have premanopause. Though we have a premanopause. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Perimanopause.
Speaker 5: Okay, so when does this happen and when can we expect the results?
Speaker 4: Oh, my appointment is in.
Speaker 5: Eight days and then the hormones go in when.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I guess I've got to do the blood work and then I'll get the results. I'm just proud of myself. This is the kind of appointments I love to put off. They're the appointments I love to talk about and think about, and you know, want to be that person one day. And now I'm actually going and and I've made a commitment to myself that I'm going to stay consistent with it. That's why I wanted to find a new doctor because obviously, for me, I go in for my yearly checkups, but maybe she'll say, hey, we need to do blood work. Yeah, once a year or once every six months. I don't know. I've just never been consistent with it. So this is my pledge.
Speaker 5: I think it is a great example of being proactive about something that would be easy to put off.
Speaker 4: Yes, and now we have the knowledge and awareness. Like some women, you know, even just a decade ago, they might have been walking through their forties just thinking like, oh, well, life sucks. I guess it's just the way it is, and had they known, like, oh, this is perimenopause and I can go do something about it and be a little more proactive, they could change the trajectory of how they feel. It could save their marriage, save their relationships.
Speaker 5: Are you projecting?
Speaker 4: Am I projecting?
Speaker 1: What this could have saved your marriage?
Speaker 5: Well? We just missed it.
Speaker 4: For me, it's too late, but for other people maybe.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's something I'd like to run by you. I think that's great, by the way, because I think it's a great example. Even though we didn't understand, there are a lot of women out there that do you understand? And we asked really stupid questions, but they weren't meant ask stupid questions. So forgive anything that we.
Speaker 4: I don't really are asking stupid questions.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm the one experiencing it, and I still don't even really understand what's going on.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Never good. Then, when you wanted the doctor and they're putting stuf in you, if youn't know what they're putting in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I know it'll be a hormone. My body already has made that. It no longer is making.
Speaker 5: There is a place and I'm gonna have my crack research team. I look this up as I talk, and I just saw it on TikTok. There's a place in Northwest Arkansas. Obviously I'm super partial in Northwest Arkansas, and they have one of those full body scan things.
Speaker 1: Like for cancer for I don't aw that's cool.
Speaker 5: Like you go in and I just saw it, and I saw I wish want to swiped out of it, but I just saw it. And you go in and you do the whole thing where they go all the way down your body. It is called no commercial, no free ads because I don't even know if it's good. It's called Vera Lux and Rogers Arkansas. And you go in and they do a full comprehensive whole body MRI scan. Question. If you do that, don't you figure like you're probably gonna die? Or am I the only one that think that? Yeah, why would you go?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's good.
Speaker 5: No, it is good. It is for sure good. But I know if I go in, they're going to find something to tell me. So if I don't go, I'm not going to die. Right, So, Okay, this is the problem I have with making a will.
Speaker 4: So something similar to that like they're not. I just googled and they provide similar but not directly the same type of service. But I do endorsements for something here called craft Body Scan, and I go in and I have the scans, and that's how I know I have a kidney stone. They told me in my that I have it. And I'm like waiting for the day that and maybe it'll just chill there and not do anything. But I had to go in and be prepared. I know that I have a cyst on one of my ovaries as well.
Speaker 5: I don't find a cyst on my ovary.
Speaker 4: It's just good for me to have the information, like I'd rather know.
Speaker 5: I get the information. They even have an ovary. I'm going to be mad.
Speaker 1: That's trouble.
Speaker 5: That would be bad if you have a yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess I need to go to this place because I'm just saying that because I'm not going to go to Atlanta. I'm not going to go to somewhere that has this. This is we live in Northwest Arkansas, a little bit so vera lux know how much does yours cost?
Speaker 4: I mean, I have the prices for my commercials, like I know the deals but I mean as an endorser, I got my scans comped, but like it can range anywhere.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: That's how it works, guys. You go experience it, see if you liked it, and then you agree to the endorsement. So I did, and I thoroughly liked it. So they have packages anywhere from like two hundred dollars to two thousand dollars. It depends on what you get scans.
Speaker 5: I don't think I want to do a free one because then they won't find stuff like, oh, he's our guy, we need to make sure he's healthy. I want to go to my fake name herb Tar like you told everyone.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think they would want me to find something so then I could be proactive.
Speaker 5: I want you to find death for commercial amy here. And you know what I went in. They told me I'm dying in a week.
Speaker 4: No, they told me, oh wow, early detection. This is now going to save your life.
Speaker 5: They say early detection is key. It is what if they find it mid detection and it's get backside.
Speaker 4: Of mid, all the more reason for somebody else to go ahead and get a scan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I like to do this what you're called craft craft.
Speaker 1: This one too. Yeah, they should do it like Amy though, get it camped.
Speaker 4: It's just nope, nope. Here's what's gonna happen. Bobby's gonna do it, and they're gonna be like, oh, we'd rather hire Bobby to do our endorsements. And I'll be like, great, thanks, night's orguing with you.
Speaker 5: So you're saying he can't go to your location.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm just kidding, you know.
Speaker 5: Uh, they have a they're the same type of the same type of thing.
Speaker 4: Before Valentine's Day they ran a couple's heart and waters.
Speaker 5: Help me, you want a time machines to get your divorce fixed and that go balance pretty Valentine's Day. You give me any help here?
Speaker 1: They just scan the heart on Valentine's Day, heart and lungs.
Speaker 5: Dude, that's oh, that's pretty good. They scan your heart. You're not in love?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: No, But some people if they have heart disease that like runs in their family or.
Speaker 5: All this we're telling jokes in a way to make Melgion serious. It's something you'd want to hear us talk about.
Speaker 4: I would want to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And by the way, I'm not being paid by any of this. Okay, good luck. We can't wait to get all your horse changed. My what short for hormones? I was like, what did you just it's a short word for hormones. Guys, give it to lingo. Okay, okay, it's the.
Speaker 2: Best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 5: There was a surprise guest on our show this week.
Speaker 3: His name was Butch Hartman, and he is the creator of Fairly Odd Parents, And if you're like me and you grew up watching that show, it was so much fun to listen to him talk about the creation of that. But he also did some kind of mock auditions with Amy Eddie and Lunchbox for voice actor positions, because all of them seem to be going for those roles lately. So you'll get a good laugh out of this, and maybe it'll inspire you to become a voice actor too.
Speaker 5: Number one, it's very exciting. Butch Hartman's about to come in and I'm actually recording this after the interview, just so you guys know. So the setup. So Butch Hartman, as you'll know, created the Fairly Odd Parents. Danny Phantom, a big animation guy, now has his own studio. You'll hear all about it. But Scooba. Steve came to me and was like, hey, do you want to have Butch Hartman on? And we have a little meeting after the show most days, and I was like, I don't know, like and he goes with everybody on the show is trying to do voiceovers, and I was like, oh, that is perfect, so you were going to hear and I thought it was super fun, super compelling, the entire interview now with Butch Hartman, who now has Butch Hartman Studios and he makes his own cartoons under his own company. But I think to all of us on the show, this was super fun. So here he is and you can follow him at Butch Hartman. But us the show did not know who was coming in, by the way, and then Lunchbox thought it was O's that he's already on. That's O's you'll hear it. Okay, Butch Hartman. Here we go, Boom, We're about to have a guest enter the studio. I think everybody's gonna be like, what in the world, let's go. I think everybody's gonna get very excited. I don't think you'll recognize this person's face when he walks in. But when I tell you who it is and he sits down at the microphone. Then I think everybody will sit up just a little bit taller and be on a little better behavior. Any guesses, Amy I have?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm stumped.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, I love this guest booking so much.
Speaker 4: But why do they not look like who we know them to be?
Speaker 5: Because you will not know them to be. No, theyn't have a mask on, you will not know them to be.
Speaker 1: This it's about something that they they've done.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's walking recognized, he's walking in Now, come on, what is lunch? Fox? There's no way. Let's go. Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 4: Let's go?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Do you know who?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 10: Who it is?
Speaker 9: That is?
Speaker 5: What? Oh's no paper man? You have a microphone, but by you anywhere? You don't talk about the guy you But first of all, yes, I'm so excited you're here. You have no idea the timeliness of you being here. This is the greatest gift that you're here. Really, Yes, for a couple of reasons. Oh my gosh, I haven't. We haven't told them who you are what you do yet? Because you're going to affect this room in such a way that they're going to explode.
Speaker 8: Okay, am I safe over here?
Speaker 5: You're safe. There's gonna be no liftuids. Okay, So everybody, this is but Hartman. But Hartman is known for creating Nickelodeon classics like The Fairly Odd Parents. But that's awesome on zero reaction. They're all trying to be cartoon voice actors. But I'm Dany Phantom right all right, car freak out, but else to get behind the couch, get behind what do you need? Okay, So, but first of all, it is a pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, thanks for having me on. I'm grateful to be here. Thanks, great to meet you too.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is They're all now going to start going how can I impress Butcher? So you just be ready for that. Okay, okay, see they're.
Speaker 8: Going to be super impressed already by the way, super impressed.
Speaker 1: Butch's very nice.
Speaker 5: You like that?
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you very much. So your wife trusted me today.
Speaker 5: That has a good jacket.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You created fairly Odd Parents.
Speaker 8: I created Fairly Odd Parents back in nineteen ninety seven. That's how old. Yeah, I know, that's how old I am, Yes, nineteen ninety seven. And uh, it was just a little like a drawing to Actually, I brought you a gift. By the way. That's a drawing of Cosmo on.
Speaker 5: A post it. That's for you.
Speaker 8: I brought that for you.
Speaker 5: Look at this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so there you goes. That's old Cosmo. And uh, I found a post it in the green room. So hope you don't mind if I took that. You just do that right now, yes, sure, yes, sir see. I don't even beat the process for all of you.
Speaker 5: One one. Nobody else gets one, now, I'm just kidding. Fairly Odd Parents are hilarious, by the way, Thank you, thank you that it runs that long, like the only show that ran for it ran for eighteen years on Nickelodeon. And it's still they still I still see it.
Speaker 8: It's on all the time. Yeah, it still runs all the time.
Speaker 5: You sti't make new ones.
Speaker 8: No, we don't make new ones anymore. But I made fairly OddParents. I did Danny Phantom at the same time. It was another one. And then I don't hear anybody cheering, by the way, anybody's cheering for me.
Speaker 5: And what's the next let's go to that, and then a show called.
Speaker 8: Tough Puppy and one called Bunsen is a Beast. So had a great time at Nickelodeon for twenty years.
Speaker 5: How did you start?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 5: Were you an artist? And you said, I have this idea and I've drawn this.
Speaker 8: I've been drawing since I was a little kid, and then I got into the industry. I'm from Michigan originally, and then I ended up going to California to go to school. Wanted to work for Disney, never did, and then ended up finding my way to through the industry. Worked for many years, and then they were basically Nickelodeon was pretty new in the nineties and they were looking for show ideas, and so I went in with this idea I thought was kind of fun, a little boy with two fairy godparents and grant as every wish. But they get it wrong all the time, and they liked it. So I got to make one cartoon, and then after that they loved that one so much, I got to make like three more, four more. So I had about ten little short cartoons I made pretty much by myself, and then they focus tested them. You guys, ever been in a focused test before. It's a terrifying thing where they put kids in a room to watch your show and you're behind a piece of glass and you can't go in. And the kids watch your show and they give you like you know, they vote on it, and luckily the kids like the show, and so Nickelodeon picked it up as a series in March of two thousand and one, that's when it first aired.
Speaker 5: Did you ever draw for other shows before you had your own show?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Multiple, multiple I ended up doing. I worked at you know, Hannah Barbera, I worked at Ambling Productions. I worked all over the place as much as I could. And you had to learn all these different styles of show art before you can, you know, make your own stuff.
Speaker 5: That is so cool. Now, so let me give me some background on this this show. Yes, yes, so they have all, in their own respective ways, auditioned for different I would say, not voice over, but like voice actor role.
Speaker 8: You guys are in the vocal realm. You guys do vocal things.
Speaker 4: Microphones for like twenty years.
Speaker 8: If you're in a room with microphone on a show, Yes.
Speaker 5: And makes a good voice actor, like tell me talk to me.
Speaker 8: The best thing that makes a good voice actor is making a good choice. If you come in with a choice that helps me make my day easier, that's going to make me happy.
Speaker 4: What do you mean by choice?
Speaker 5: If you know, you know, I may answer the question. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: But for example, like if if the character is like a beautiful young princess who is sad that she's been turned into a frog, right, you need to come in and show me how that princess would act and not would that princess be what? Would she just be a normal voice? Or would you have a choice meaning would you make an emotional choice there? Could you come in with some emotion or like uh? And you can be funny on top of it. Say I'll give you a line. I'll give you a line of dialogue if you say, I can't believe the witch turned me into a frog, but I shall rise again.
Speaker 4: I can't believe the witch turned me into a frog, but I I shall again.
Speaker 11: Not react everyone, he's being nice, don't tell you what he's being sad to hopeful, but go ahead.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, please get First of all, I thought that was fantastic audition. I just threw it at you too, And that was a terrible line I made up but you made it better.
Speaker 4: So that was really it wasn't terrible.
Speaker 8: Let's try one more. I would I would say this. I would say this as a voice director. I said, let's have a little more energy. And I know I normally give line reads anyway, so be like, I can't believe he turned into a frog, but I should make it really big. Okay, let's let's really feel it. I want you to outdo the guy with the bear on his on his shirt. Okay, right here we go, ready on a count of three, one, two, three.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I was turned into a but I shall rise again.
Speaker 8: The difference.
Speaker 5: Because you guys are all haters. It wasn't believable.
Speaker 1: I'm just waiting for my line.
Speaker 5: But some more questions, Yes, sir, yes, sir. I would think that everyone thinks they could do cartoon ViOS Bobby Bones.
Speaker 8: You're exactly right. Everybody thinks they can't. And people can do funny voices, but it's got to have the acting behind it. And like I said, when you come in with a choice like and by the way, thanks for doing that, I need me to put you on the spot. You did great, but people come in if you can make my day easier as a producer, like if I can write to that voice you just did. I've had people come in I wasn't expecting anything from them and they did this great line reading. I went, wait, I can make that a permanent character in the show. You know that character? We can write for that. Like the guy who played mister Crocker on Fairly OddParents Mother if you know Very Good Parents? Uh, Carlos alas Raki came in and I said, he's just a crazy teacher and he goes, if I can bind Richard Dreyfuss with Willy Wonka And he made this incredible voice, and so we started writing that character into the show. Became one of the most iconic characters on the show. So a voice actor can pretty much make a living out of a character they create if they come in with a great choice.
Speaker 5: You know what feedback would you give Amy overall or if she is auditioning for roles?
Speaker 8: I think Amy did a fantastic job. I think if you want to, you strike me as somebody who can do a lot of things, and are you to do comedy a.
Speaker 9: Lot I've taken oh perfect, Yeah, I would say the cool thing is about you got a great voice already, and you're really confident, and if you, if you could maybe just meeting you for two seconds here, always keep working on the comedy and see if you can make that even stronger and get those improv skills even more honed.
Speaker 8: Because I just threw that line at you and you did great. But even being like being insane like this guy over here, you know I can sometimes helping. Yes, yes, yeah, you did great. Though you did great.
Speaker 5: So the guy here in the blue shirt just audition how's it going, man, Eddie? Tell but about the role you auditioned for.
Speaker 1: Yes, I auditioned for. It's like a spin off of My Little Pony basically, And they wanted a dad who was one of the horses and uh, almost a horse dad. That's a horse dad and almost like a two caring dad, like it's a very worrisome dad about his kids and forties to fifties. And I was like, that's me. So they brought they gave me some lines. I send them whatever you know they asked for. I haven't heard anything back, but it's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Would you like to run them by?
Speaker 8: Butch?
Speaker 1: Sure? The lines?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you got the lines? Right here, let me pull them off. And it's a horse. Now, are we supposed to be going for comedy here? Is just like supposed to be really sincere? What did they ask you?
Speaker 1: They said that the horse is just worried about his kids at all times. Got it?
Speaker 8: So I can see some comedy in that little over, little little neurotic. Okay, okay, okay, I see a little neurotic.
Speaker 5: Don't give him tips. He already lunchbox. You're not Butcher's boss.
Speaker 8: He's not the boss.
Speaker 5: No, he's not the boss. Butch. What do you love in La?
Speaker 8: I do live in La.
Speaker 5: Do you start in a studio?
Speaker 8: I did start in a studio.
Speaker 5: And so now what does that mean for you? Are you now creating?
Speaker 8: And have everybody creating a whole bunch of brand new stuff? And I got some brand new shows. We have one that's on Angel Studios right now. It's a cartoon called the Garden Cartoon that teaches kids the Bible, which is real exciting. So you guys can see that on Angel Studios. But I got I left Nickeloading in twenty eighteen to do my own stuff. So we have a whole bunch of new ip coming out pretty soon.
Speaker 5: When you say Angel Studios, how do we find that?
Speaker 8: It's on the Angel Studios platform. Angel Studios they were best known for the Chosen So we can download the app, Download the app, download the platform, and one of the biggest out there in the family market. It's really really fun because there's a lot of platforms out there right now that have some family friendly stuff in them, but Angel's pretty much one family friendly.
Speaker 4: No surprises, pretty much the kids no surprises.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, my goal is to make sure kids have a safe place to go, but an entertaining place to go too. That's what I'm trying to do, all right, Eddie, are we ready with your audition?
Speaker 1: I got the line?
Speaker 8: Okay, one line? Yes.
Speaker 1: So the kid is leaving and they're about.
Speaker 8: To the horse. Kid is leaving the horsehouse, correct, Okay, the dad is worried about that horse. Dad's worried.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, here's here's the here's my performance.
Speaker 8: Okay, is there a drum roll or something we could play like?
Speaker 5: Either for sure is right? Would you mind hitting something.
Speaker 8: Kind of a drummer?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 1: What about your royal duties? I feel like you're gonna leave and just forget all about us.
Speaker 8: Not bad at all.
Speaker 5: He said, what was he?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 8: Well, that's a good question, I think.
Speaker 4: Perplexed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not want her to leave.
Speaker 5: There was a nuance to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd probably have to hear a couple more lines to get a feel for this horse character. Does he have a name?
Speaker 1: His name is Nightlight.
Speaker 8: I love that.
Speaker 5: Are there more lines, Eddie?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have to listen to the audio because all I have is my ring. Like you said, why don't you just improv Yeah, I'll give you a line. Okay, b about your old duties? Like, how about you can't leave? All the plants are gonna die? Say that? Love it? Well, you can't leave. I mean all the plants are to die. Bigger, make it bigger.
Speaker 5: Come on, you can't leave. The plants die.
Speaker 8: I put a few tears in there, like Bill Murray would do.
Speaker 1: If you can't leave, I mean the plants they're all gonna die.
Speaker 8: And see there we go. Now we're getting this really good man. He's got energy surrounded by talent.
Speaker 5: This is think of creating talent.
Speaker 8: Well, Angel studios, No, but it's funny when if you if you can create a great character with that voice like that, I mean think about SpongeBob. Oh my gosh, mister Crabs. You know, if you could do a voice like that and just really make that character come to life, that's something that you can really build on for decades if you can really really nail it.
Speaker 5: See that's what I feel like with Angel Studios and the content you're creating that kids now need more of that type of content, like safe, clean content.
Speaker 8: Here's what I think. I think. You know, look, I'm I'm a Christian guy, and I don't ever want anyone to think I'm trying to, you know, make sure you're you're a Christian or anything. But I do stuff where I I want to make sure that the end of the day, I feel good about what I put out out there. There's a ton of kids that won't never go into a church, but they're all going to have a phone to look at, and you know who's putting stuff on that screen. So I'm to make sure at least I can put a healthy option on the screen and something that's uplifting for kids and families. Because as a parent, I have two daughters they're grown up now, but now I have a granddaughter, So what is she going to watch? Right hopefully the Princess Show and Horse Dad. I think Horse Dad becomes a series and we just call it no horse Dad. It's a fun of your title.
Speaker 5: Princes, the Princess and the horse Dad. Who wouldn't watch that? I would watch that? Man.
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 5: I've got my ticket to l A and.
Speaker 8: Are you ready to audition? Oh my gosh, I'll just move there with I should draw a horse Dad. By the way, while we're sitting, all right, who's your character?
Speaker 5: Who's I listen?
Speaker 7: Man, I'm open. I'm an open book. Whatever you need me to do, I can adapt see them. They are pigeonholed, like he's like.
Speaker 5: I have one character. I can come in say they had one character. Literally, were just doing a character just off the cuff, was a Princes.
Speaker 8: Yeah you did great?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean, what what do you want? You want? Angry Dad? You want? What do you want me to be?
Speaker 8: I think, just going by who you are already, I would never want to pull you down because that energy is great. I think you're like a tiger. That's a gym coach. That's what I think you're like. You're like all right, everybody today it's dodgeball Okay, we're playing dodgeball.
Speaker 5: To give me a line. You tell me the concept.
Speaker 8: You're a tiger gym coach and you're announcing it's dodgeball and you're picking teams. Here we go, ready, one, two, three.
Speaker 10: Little Jimmy and Sally and Susie. Guess what today is. It's dodgeball. Jimmy, you're over there, boys versus girls. You know why boys rule and girls?
Speaker 8: WHOA, that's amazing. That's amazing. Man, that was epics. See I could draw that character in two seconds. That's great.
Speaker 5: I gave him something to work could. To be fair, you did create the character right.
Speaker 8: In front of Yeah, yeah, yeah, he did the tiger Jim coach. That's for you can see it. Can you see the tiger Jym coach?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: You sure can see a tiger Jim coach. I saw a horse dad and no guns right on them. Let's focus on me.
Speaker 8: Now, Yeah, well I can focus on all three of you.
Speaker 5: I thought all three of you guys did a great.
Speaker 8: John and the lovely princess who's just trying to make the story end, Well, you're struggling and you run into these fairy tale characters who do not want to go along with the story. That's what happens.
Speaker 5: Why are you in town here? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: We're at the NRB Convention, National Religious Broadcasters Convention. I'm announcing but Hartman Studios there and so.
Speaker 5: We're Oh, this is a whole new like everybody, I'm doing it.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, we have a huge booth and everything. It's massive. Announce eight new shows. Yes, you're in luck.
Speaker 4: I think we're all Christians here, we are.
Speaker 5: I'm a big cat.
Speaker 1: I love to stop by the booth.
Speaker 8: Yes, you have gu fleck before you come in. You gotta get it, Yeah, John, exactly, Yeah, see your favorite scription before.
Speaker 5: Do you feel do you feel there's like a changing aesthetic in animation that you either have to lead and change that aesthetic or do you like see what other people are drawing and then try to chase that at times?
Speaker 8: You know, it's interesting. I think the what's going on in animation right now? I think I think parents want to feel like they can put the phone in front of their kids and just walk away and take a breather for a minute. There's so many things out there that are negative right now. That's unfortunate. So I think really parents are looking for a great place to put their kids. Kids are looking for something entertaining that doesn't feel like it's too boring or that their mom and dad are making them watch. I mean, I just want to create great characters that kids can fall in love with and want to watch again, over and over and over again. And that's what that's my job. I did it for twenty years in Nickelodeon. We're doing it with a new studio now and I'm having a blast doing it. But I do think that we as the filmmakers have to really be responsible what we put on that screen. That's my that's my advice. Where'd you grow up, Michigan?
Speaker 5: And so you moved to la and was the dream to be in artists?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I moved to La. This is back in the eighties now, prior to the internet. So I had to like, you know, fill out an envelope and put my portfolio on a may in an envelope and send it to cal Arts. So I went to cal Arts and Valencia, and that was the only school in the country that was teaching animation at the time. And so I went out there in the eighties and kind of never looked back. I just loved California state out there. I always wanted to work for Disney, but I never did end up going to the TV.
Speaker 5: Did you ever get on a game show? Good question, because he tried. He tried to get on a game show. They didn't put him on too much.
Speaker 8: I can't. I got You've got it clear now it's Tiger Tiger Tiger co coach. I was on two game shows. That's so funny, as you would a Yeah, I was on two game shows. Yeah, and I won, actually seventeen thousand dollars you want, I don't have it with me, guys, calm down, So I spent it already, all right, I spent the money. No, I was on two game shows. One was called Body Language, where I had to act out charades and like guests clues. The other one was called The Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour. They took these two game shows to combine them to But I was in LA for like two weeks and got on that game show and won like two grand on that game show. I was. I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 5: What advice? Because he went and spent a week off the show. Yeah, trying to get on prices, right, you let him do that I did because he just wants to do it. And then but they never put him on. The energy you had didn't put you. Yeah, it was a bad one, man. I don't know what happened. I felt like maybe the first day I went a little too over the top, yeah, and was just talking to everybody, was up.
Speaker 7: In everybody's business and like, So then I kind of tried to calm it. I tried to go for Valentine's Day, but I didn't have a couple, so they wouldn't let me on then. And then so the third day I tried to be a little more calm and reserved.
Speaker 5: That didn't work either.
Speaker 8: That's a great story. Who didn't love that story? Did you guys love that story?
Speaker 4: It was a great storyline for Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 8: Great cartoon story right there. I think they want like housewives though, and things like that on prices, right maybe, yeah, maybe I could be wrong. I don't produce it, but I think your energy is great. Maybe they were just looking for different energy that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just a bad day, man.
Speaker 8: Do you even know any prices? If I threw things up here which you've been able to get, man, I'm great at everything, really, I thought, okay, well I should have known.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you how much your jacket is, or your shoes or your watch because it looks all expensive. But if it's cheap, I know what it is.
Speaker 4: Like a carton of milk. Heinos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, okay, it's carton out like five. I have no idea't even know if that gallon. We'll see the garden cartoon, Yes, serious, tell me about that garden cartoon. Thank you for asking. When I first up Nickelodeon, I wanted.
Speaker 8: I've been developing this cartoon for years, but Nickelodeon would never make it, only because they would never make a Christian cartoon. I had a great time at Nickelodeon, but they just weren't into making that kind of stuff. So I was I was developing. I was developing this stuff, this cartoon, the Garden Cartoon, for years, and I ended up making it on my own. It's about a little lion named Lenny a little lamb named Lucy, and they live and work in a miraculous garden. And every day God comes down as a rainbow and gives them an assignment and they have to do it, and through a song or a scripture they learn how to do it, but they normally don't do it as well as they should, so they have a great time learning. Uh, the show is funny first, I wanted to make it. It's basically fairly odd parents with scripture, and I wanted to make it funny and make it like something that you know, kids could be entertained by first before they got a lesson out of it. So I think it's great. It's on Angel Studios now. We got twenty half hours we made and it's just been a blast to make.
Speaker 5: You work with your wife.
Speaker 8: I work with my wife, Julienne, who is the love of my life. Thirty four years I've been married.
Speaker 5: And so what is her role?
Speaker 8: She is my number one, my main motivator in life. And she also handles all the money. So be nice to my wife. She handles all the money, got it, She's the one.
Speaker 5: Okay, how cool would it be to play God? Like anybody that says that, be afraid of them? How cool? I'm afraid of people to say that someone runs into at a party. So what do you do for a living? Oh, I'm on the you know garden cartoon? What Yeah, I'm the voice of God? I mean, how cool?
Speaker 8: Does that sound You could be God's brother. Yeah, yeah, Jerry, God's brother, God's brother Jerry. Who's Harry.
Speaker 5: Jerry's better than Ryde. I've yeah gotten ride. I'll be there man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but now you'd be great on a voice. As a voice on that, I think all of you guys would do. We could have the horse Goal, you could have the Princess. Of course. The girl who plays Lucy the Lamb is a lot like you. She has a really nice feminine voice and she's very Yeah, she's so cute.
Speaker 5: Like the Lamb.
Speaker 8: Yeah. That much a great show. It's all over the place, and we had a great time making it. But that's one of those things where I had to not just learn how to do that. It was already I already knew how to make the show, but then distributing the show, getting it out in the world, I had to learn all that stuff because when you have your own studio, you gotta buy all the supplies and and hire all the people and all that stuff. So I've been really elevated to a different level, which I think God's really shown favor in my life in that way because I've had to learn a lot.
Speaker 5: Did you do any of the voices on Fairly Odd Parents.
Speaker 8: I did one doctor he's he's the fairy Doctor's name was doctor Rip Studwell. And doctor Rip Studwell is a handsome fairy doctor who also plays one on TV. And so he would come in and uh and he would do he would be like, well, this is terrible. What's wrong, doctor rip Studwell? My head shots came out horrible? You know that type of thing, you know, So he's not really focused on the mission at hand.
Speaker 5: Whenever you have a show that is picked up by a network, do they order four episodes, ten episodes? And when does it go from This is something that we are going to really settle in with and this is going to be a show for a long time.
Speaker 8: It really depends on the audience. Depends if the audience wants to wants to watch it anymore. You know, back in the day at Nickelodeon, we were getting a thing called ratings. You guys know what ratings are, obviously you're you're in radio. So we would get ratings every week, and like, let's say, back in the day, a good rating was a five. Fairly Our Parents was getting like tens and elevens back then, So Nickelodeon is like, yeah, we need to keep picking this show up. And there were cond of times where we would beat SpongeBob in the ratings and stuff like that. I mean, SpongeBob's an awesome show, but we would sometimes meet it in the ratings, so they knew they had a hit on their hands, which was really cool.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming you're still getting paid handsomely because they're still running it.
Speaker 8: I don't know our the word handsomely, but yeah, we do get stay. Yeah, we do get paid. No, we definitely get paid for sure. But that's one of the things too. I mean, you get to create a show, you get to get paid to do it. It's a wonderful thing. You do get residuals, you do get things in the future that add up, which is really really great. That's why people come to Hollywood. They want to you know, that's a very lucrative reward if you can make it work. But like, it takes a lot. I'd always tell people, like, selling a show is like throwing a dart through a donut, but the donuts on a Merry go round. It's all just got to line up perfectly. But you got to keep throwing and you got to keep trying, because if you don't keep trying, you're never gonna make it happen in the first place.
Speaker 5: In Hollywood, do you sometimes not say what you do because you know people are then always going to try to impress you by doing what they think you want them to do to get a job.
Speaker 8: I mean, like if I walk into a room and people start doing voices for me like that, that's like that kind of a thing I would know, who would ever do?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I actually like telling people what I do because nobody expects it. It's like, what do you do? I'm a lawyer, What do you do? I'm I work in medicine.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 8: I draw cartoons? Everyone goes, what what do you mean to draw cartoons? Tell me more? And I say, I do the fairly outparts and they go, what you gotta be killed? So that's it's always kind of fun to spring that out, which is good. And I get recognized that a lot of Starbucks too, which is very interesting because that that that that age range, that gen Z millennial age range is people that kind of grew up with my show. So I have a lot of Starbucks coffee cups with my pictures drawn on then they'll draw characters for me. That's so cool.
Speaker 5: Okay, everybody can ask one final question to Butch. I know you're all sitting here.
Speaker 8: We have any questions?
Speaker 5: Yes, I do have one hundred, so I'm gonna give them one first.
Speaker 4: Well have you ever had a fish character or do you have a fish character coming up? Because something that I said, well even on the radio fifteen twenty years ago, was I always wanted to be the voice of a fish. I don't know why. I have no idea. It's just something that has come out from time to time. So it sort of like it's just like, could it be your Christian faith? Oh yeah, fish? Like you know, growing up my mom got the fish magnet on her car. Yes, yes, of course.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those things where you look back and it's like, oh wow. I kind of manifested that because it happens like I always said I wanted to be in a Hallmark Christmas movie, and then I landed a role on a Christmas movie on HBO Mount Thank you. My big scene was in the bathroom.
Speaker 8: That's amazing. I thought he would say something like that.
Speaker 5: It was with the main I thought I would have that too.
Speaker 8: It's the bathroom for sure.
Speaker 4: The director said, this is a pivotal moment. This was like it was when the main character like shifted because of my scene. So you know, that was my moment there. But that happened, so I sort of said it on air and then things just started to happen. It took years.
Speaker 8: So that is a fish character. Unfairly odd parents because the fairies would turn into fish when they were in Timmy's bedroom, they would they were fairies, but then when the parents would come in, they would disguise themselves as fish and being a fishbowl. So I guess that characters would turn into fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you have a fish character in mind? Amy?
Speaker 4: It was really I just it could be any kind of fish, and it's sort of just something I've even said.
Speaker 8: Casually and buzzing like Finding Nemo.
Speaker 4: Oh, I loved Finding Nemo right there. Great movie. So anyway, if you if if you have a fish character.
Speaker 5: You liked, audition for it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would love the opportunity to audition. If a fish fisheah, write down or where's the post it?
Speaker 8: I can give you my I'm gonna write down fish characters. There's a line real quick and you say, I want you give me a laugh and say, oh the bubbles tickle ready one too great?
Speaker 5: That go.
Speaker 4: The bubbles tickle.
Speaker 8: Beautiful job.
Speaker 5: I want to catch it. That was so good. Wow, I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just throw me back though, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but this is a real question. I'm not trying to like you know, I don't believe you true true question. Okay, how does someone audition for you? Like, is there open casting calls? And then how many do you get? You get like thousands of people, and how do you swift through all that?
Speaker 8: Now, you you, as a voice actor, have to create a what's known as a real a sample version of all your voices about a two minute reel, and then that gets taken to an agent and that agent puts it into a file and then when the casting call comes through, the agent sees it and they will then look at your reel and then they'll decide whether or not you're good enough for the role. So out of the thousand that try, they'll shift it down to about ten, and I'll get those ten and then I'll pick one out of the ten. It's a very very competitive field.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Have you ever hired someone and then halfway through the production being like, it's just not gonna work. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Today, As a matter of fact, this morning, I was going to hire you, but I have to twitch. I'm sorry, I have to change.
Speaker 6: No, no, no no.
Speaker 8: I have many times you hire somebody, think they're great, and for some reason the day of the recording, it just doesn't work out. For some reason. There's been celebrities I've worked with when you get this great celebrity voice coming in and then for some reason they get behind the mic and it's really weird when they're not in front of a camera. Being in front of a cameras different than being behind a mic, and so it's just different for them. And so sometimes they just don't bring it and you have to kind of you have to you let them do it, and then you kind of change them up at the end. So yeah, we've had sadly we've had to do that sometimes.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox, your final question, Yeah, but nice beating you. Thanks for coming. Man.
Speaker 7: I just want to say, uh, just let me get jot down your number and your email so we can skip through all the agents and all that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, now that we know each other. You kind of know what I have.
Speaker 8: We know each other really well now exactly.
Speaker 5: Super if you.
Speaker 7: Could just shoot me over your email and your phone number and that way you've lines you want me to you know, test out, drop them to me and I'll send them back.
Speaker 8: My email is don't email me at hart and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait in the real how many voices you say they send a real with all their voices?
Speaker 8: Like, what's the idea whenever your ranges. If you can do five voices, you can do ten. Just make sure it sounds like it. I always say, write a scene where like five people are talking to each other, and do that scene all the five, all.
Speaker 5: The different basically Eddie Murphy in uh yeah, doctor doctor do little, all the characters do.
Speaker 8: Little, or or a nutty profession that one too. Yeah yeah, but you can do whatever voices you can do. Let's hear it, because it's gonna really it's going to depend on whether I go, oh that's really cool. I could use that, you know. And also it's connections to who you know. Sometimes I know you now, So that's what I'll give you my really email.
Speaker 5: Later on, I want to go to Mike d. Mike D is our animation expert here, Mike, you have really okay.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was a part of that demographic that millennial watch that show all all the time. Did you ever get a note of like you were maybe making a character turned into something like the Fairly Odd Parents And Nickeolodey was like, man, you can't do that.
Speaker 8: We never well, the fairies could turn into things on the show, as you know, and we never got a note on that. But we did want to do a show once where we wrote a script. Timmy wanted to know where babies come from, and so we wrote this whole episode if they go to the stork factory up and up in the clouds, right, and so we had all these storks, these different babies, conveyor belts and all this, but it was really funny story. They said, you can't do that story. We can't do where the babies come from? And I said, why not? We do all these other things. So that was one story we couldn't do. But other than that other changing into things, we kept it pretty clean. Mostly. You know, we kind of knew where our line was. I mean because we were working in kids TV, so we knew we couldn't do all stuff let's say like a Rick and Morty episode or like, you know, a South Park episode. We couldn't go there with that kind of humor, but we have a lot of jokes that that kids like your age now go, I get all those jokes I didn't get when I was a kid. You know, the adults get them now. So it's it was pretty fun doing that.
Speaker 12: And then oh sorry, Oh I'm not like these guys. I don't want to get into voice acting, but I love drawing. Like during the show, I'll make like little doodles over here, Like what is your advice is if they make a reel? Like what do you do as an animator?
Speaker 8: Same thing? You have a portfolio and let me see what you can do. Let me see your drawings, let me see how let me see your cartoon stuff, let me see your realistic stuff, your life drawing stuff. Because if I'm gonna hire you as an artist, You've got to be able to draw my stuff. Like I said, Remember I said about making your life easier. You know you need to make my life easier. Like, you know, can I what's your name, Mike, Mike? I guess it? Can Mike draw this? Can Mike do this? Okay, Oh, Mike, give that to Mike. Mike can do that. That's what I want. That's the kind of guy I want to hire. You know, I want to hire Mike. Is Mike can draw that. But if Mike draws it messes it up and then Butcher has to draw it. It's like, why is Mike here? What is Mike doing here? Good point that type of this means drawing, by the way, when I do this.
Speaker 5: So the Garden cartoons streaming on Angel Studios, and I guess I have Apple TV and Roku. I can just get it there.
Speaker 8: You get it there. And we just we just signed an exclusive season two deal with Angel as well for Garden, so going on there as well. We have two movies out too, so Christmas movie just came by, and we had one last summer too. So Garden's doing really well. We're really excited about it.
Speaker 5: Before you came in, I would not tell them who was coming in, and I said, it is a secret guest because I knew that it would be an eruption like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would have been more prepared.
Speaker 5: I didn't want them to be in there because they just wanted you.
Speaker 8: Guys did great. You guys, and I almost looking for voice actors too, so keep relst assured. I will remember all of this, I believe me, but can you especially I'll remember why.
Speaker 5: I do know why.
Speaker 8: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I don't remember why.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you though. Somebody that's not going to make your life easy is that dude right there?
Speaker 5: But if I give it because I'm this is really cool. So thank you for drawing this. I'm gonna keep this. I'm gonna value this. Would you draw one of this from Mike when you're done, because Mike is such a big fan, and so before you get out of it, what character.
Speaker 8: Do you want, Mike, I'd love Timmy, Timmy, Okay, I'll draw it while we talk. If I can do this at the same time, I'll keep past.
Speaker 5: Then I'll do a little promo for you while you do that. You guys can follow Butch at Butch Hartman and go to the Butch haartmin In Studios and again as we talked about the Garden cartoon streaming on Angel Studios.
Speaker 8: I'm all over TikTok and Instagram and all that stuff too, so follow me for an old guy. Not too bad getting a few followers here and there, So thanks for thanks young people for letting me on your social media.
Speaker 5: Is it still buch Hartman on TikTok? Do you have the name?
Speaker 8: Just putch Heartman on TikTok?
Speaker 5: All right, there, you guys, really amazing. He's John Litt, timmy two point four million followers on TikTok dang.
Speaker 8: Two point four and one two three four, five six more writing six more right today?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: May what what did you see over there? I'm just looking at the followers. That's two point three more than you. Huh No, it's like two point four more than me.
Speaker 8: That's right there. That's your little worst of the camera. Wait this camera here, we're there you go, okay, come on?
Speaker 5: Can you come get this?
Speaker 8: All right? But I hope you like it.
Speaker 5: But this has been a thrill for me and exciting for all of us.
Speaker 8: Thanks so much time. Hey, it's an honor to be here. I'm really grateful to be on guys. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Good luck with your good luck with the new venture, and thank you. You know, if they all show up with your booths later today, don't be surprised.
Speaker 8: I would love you guys to come by way. We we went all out in this booth. It's really cool. It's very big. All the shows are on display. It's really cool. So it's over at the Gaylord Hotel. Have you've been to this hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's more like a city.
Speaker 8: It's a city. It's like an amusement park, city greenhouse. It's massive, it's huge there. It's speaking of Jurassic Park. I think there's things roaming around in there. I'm not really sure. There's a huge jungle in there. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It fits.
Speaker 5: It's the Operay's over there.
Speaker 8: I know it's massive.
Speaker 5: I know, all right, there is the great Butch Harman.
Speaker 8: Everybody, Thank you, guys, honored, honored, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: That wraps up for me this weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging out and catching up on the show again. Check out part one, Part three this weekend with Eddie. It's super fun. I don't think you should miss that content. It's good stuff. And then if that's not your speed, you can check out my podcast Take This Personally. I have on Jenny Preme this week and she comes on to share an entire story about dating this guy who was living a double life. And it's wild. I cannot believe some of the things that happened in this situation. So you can check those out, or you can check none of them out. And I hope you have a great weekend nonetheless, and stay safe. I'll talk with you guys next week from some beachy islands hopefully, well maybe not next weekend, but the following weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay, bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 5: Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 4: Platforms and follow ed webgirl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.