Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. I'm Billy Rightly along with Shannon the Dude. It is Thursday, April seventeenth. You give us calling the Clark's Pumping Shot phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oho two two eight seven Texas at five oh two two sixty five six six five six and is always The KSR pre Show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington, Kentucky, who announced they are extending their partnership with the KSR Pre Show. So big thank you to Italics and everything that they've done for the show. I am ready to go for the KSR pre Show because I just found the best picture of Gene Mitchell I could find on the internet and I just posted it online, so that means we're ready to go. Shannon is in Louisville. Good morning, Shannon.
Speaker 2: I hope that people know who you're talking about. I guess if you missed KSR yesterday, you didn't hear the Gene Mitchell conversation about the Panama City Beach Lounge singer who is a local legend Ian Mitchell, and we always catch him every time I go down there and we were talking about you know, when we brought Ryan and yoga girl out to dinner one night, I said, you got to go see this guy, Jean Mitchell. I mean, the guy is amazing, and I've said it sarcastically. You know, he's good, you know, but he's not like he's not like I put him over as being. But we get there and Ryan goes up and he decides that he's going to try to prank me and pull Gen Mitchell over and tell him that I'm his biggest fan. Turns out the joke was on Ryan because Gene Mitchell took a liking to Ryan. It would not stop talking to Ryan and talk his ear off for the rest of the night. And at that point forward, like when he had to go back up there and do a set, he would look over at Ryan and give him a little nod, a little wink. Like I feel like every song from that point forward that night was dedicated to Ryan Lemon specifically. It was like he was having his own little personal private concert.
Speaker 1: Well would you say, yesterday, he's like got the little Kentucky Joe in him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Like you know, like he comes up to you want to say hi to the guy. You think he'll take a picture of walk on and you know, go on about his business.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: He just kind of sat there and lingered and talked and talked and talked, and Ryan I think regretted that decision of bringing Gen Mitchell over to the table.
Speaker 1: They say, never meet your heroes, Shannon, When I was a young boy, I went to the Mike Allstatt football camp for a week and at the end you get to meet Mike Alstott. He was a fullback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And Mike did not give me at the time of day.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, just the opposite of a Gene Mitchell.
Speaker 1: No, it was Yeah. It was like everybody could come into his office and get something signed, and you could take a picture with him and have a conversation. And my guy maybe spent twenty seconds with me total, maybe two on the signature, seven on the photo, and the other what twelve or thirteen to tell me to get the hell out of his office.
Speaker 2: So it was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was definitely one of those don't meet your hero's moments, but you ended up meeting one of your heroes.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: We worked a little bit of a different situation.
Speaker 2: Again we say that tongue in cheek about this guy. But you know, like I have met who I would call like childhood heroes, and it was the people that I looked up to well in music. You know, I'm a huge fan of Stone Tiple Pilots, and I've gotten the chance to meet Scott Wiland a couple of times before he passed away. He was awesome, he was nice. He let me come up and sing a song or at the beginning of a song with him a couple of different times, like in big shows too, like in front of eight thousand people type shows. And then I got to meet my wrestling hero as a child, the King Jerry Little when we were Jerry Lawler when we were in Memphis, and we went to his barbecue restaurant there on Bill Street, and not only was he nice enough to take a picture with us and talk with us, Matt and I told him how big a wrestling fans we were, and he kind of took us over to his VIP area and sat there and talked to us for about thirty minutes and probably would have sit there and talked to us all night if it weren't for his girlfriend who was about thirty or forty years younger than him. Good looking girl who's like Jerry, let's go, I'm ready, I'm ready for dinner. Let's leave.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for bed. Maybe that works out for the old man Joy.
Speaker 2: The King's got some game. Man. He's like Mick Jagger of wrestling.
Speaker 1: He's like Bill Belichick, he's like in.
Speaker 2: His seventies, and he's dating this beautiful woman who's like, you know, twenty five. I'm like a fan. It is good to be get the King. I guess can I.
Speaker 1: Just pause for a second and stop how bizarre it is the change that I have to do from the lead report to the pre show, Shannon, because we hosted the pre show and I'm talking to Justin Rowland about her, you know, Hardley Gilmour and Miss Demeter assault charges or you know Mike de Corsi in the in the Future of College Sports and quarterbacks holding out, and then I go on to the pre show and it's like Gene Mitchell and PCBs. They could be lose my mind a little.
Speaker 2: It's a good show. It's a good balance, you know.
Speaker 1: It is it is we Also I did feel a little bit for the Mark Pope in Somerset who was just getting calls by Shannon the dude trying to get somebody on the air. Nope, no, Mark Pope.
Speaker 2: Here's the conversation. Yeah, I don't know Ryan. I guess somebody told Ryan that there was a person in Somerset named Mark Pope, and he somehow found his number, his age, his home address, his dental records, and he texted it all to me and said, hey, man, you got to call this Mark Pope in Somerset so we can bring him on the show. You know, let's just assume there is a Mark Pope in Somerset, just a normal guy going about his business, and you get a call from KSR, the biggest radio show in the state of Kentucky. And I call him up and I said, hey, is this Mark Pope? And he goes Nope. I go I was told this is Mark Pope. He said no. I said, Okay, have a good day. That was it. That was the conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got to be odd to be named after somebody famous, right, I mean, Michael Jordan is the key example here as somebody that was with iph Heart for a long time. It was our boss. And when Michael Jordan called you almost thought for maybe a half second, Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we get Scottie Peppin on the other line, Yeah, Boris Grant, maybe do a party call?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, is Steve Carr next?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't cart, right, it's gotta.
Speaker 1: Be bizarre I have the same name as somebody famous, because then you've become instantly, you know, named after somebody else, right, I mean, and then that's got to suck to a degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if it's like somebody that's got you know, some negative you know, uh, you know, somebody that's done something bad in the news, and then you've got you know that you have to almost be associated with that person, guilty by association just because of your name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. I mean if my name was Jeffrey Epstein, I would have a tough going through life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ordahmer, jeff.
Speaker 1: Be a weird existence. He's having to go around and being the second fiddle every.
Speaker 2: You can't tell people you want to have him for dinner.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We do need to talk about the caller that called in a couple of days ago on KSR and called you out. Shannon called you lazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think can you remember this though, Like I think it was two days ago, right, it was two days ago.
Speaker 1: Oh, he definitely called you lazy. I just wanted to give you a chance to to rebuttal little bit.
Speaker 2: Then I rebuttled on the air to that caller when he called in, I said, yeah, that's it. I'm lazy. You know, I do six radio shows a day. I couldn't be bothered to change the liner that says, welcome back to Kentucky Sports Radio. Now here's Matt Jones. Because Ryan is Ryan is filling in for five days. Yeah, let's change let's change it all up just for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shit, can you drop one of your afternoon shows? Maybe not come in at six thirty in the morning, Maybe come in at six to get that done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sorry, I'm inconveniencing your listening experience by not doing that.
Speaker 1: But it bothers some people, I.
Speaker 2: Guess it does.
Speaker 1: Maybe you could say that's GM billy's job to get that.
Speaker 2: You could say that, I mean it's mainly for the sponsorship, right, because you know that that's the main thing. As long as the sponsorship is in there, that's what they're paying for. They're paying for that. So we're just giving them their their money's worth.
Speaker 1: We will talk about Kentucky sports today. I mentioned Hardley Gilmore. He's back with the Kentucky team. Is that the right decision or not? I think people will have some opinions on that. Eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven is the phone line if you'd like to join. Who had his first dress rehearsal for Romeo and Juliet yesterday at the Lexington Children's Theater, Shannon, do you have any advice as a fellow, you know, theatrical person. I mean, you're in these movies now, you're an actor, You're starting to move up the ladder of success. Any words of advice for our friend Drew as he gets ready to embark on this journey.
Speaker 2: Just just be prepared. That's it. Sometimes being prepared is the best, the best piece of advice I could give you for anything, whether you're hosting the Leach Report or going up to do a Romeo and Juliet Shakespeare play. Just be prepared. Just know what you're doing. Don't don't bring the You don't want to be the guy who's not prepared while everybody else is and the play sucks because you forgot your lines, I just.
Speaker 1: Forget your line and you're looking over to the sides.
Speaker 2: That's right, you got it. You gotta take it seriously. And I know that Drew will because you know, he over prepared for his hosting that he did last week on KSR. I'd be willing to bet I don't know this, but I'd be willing to bet that he had more notes than what he even got to on the air, you know, more than what he even was able to get to and cover.
Speaker 1: And it said that every show, And I do you know, like when.
Speaker 2: Am we prepare for this show? When I'm driving the ship like I will be tomorrow, I'll have more topics than what we even get to even on a even on a summer day. What this isn't summer but just a summer show, I guess for us being in April.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll check in two months from now and see if you're still saying that, Shannon, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I did last year. No, I did it last year. I've got evergreen topics ready to go at any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I mean hopefully Drew is prepared. He said he did open his script yesterday, so you know, I don't think he has a ton of lines. But our guy will be ready, you know. Can you know the opposite of this is he's not going to be standing around waiting like you were in the middle of the night. You know they've got showtime.
Speaker 2: It's good, they'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, there's no like, Oh, can you stick around for another three hours? Yeah, drink coffee and donuts. Well, Shannon's I got a morning show. I've got to go do, so you need to wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you that they've already reached out to me for two more movies?
Speaker 1: Well, they reached out to me first, and I said, yes, oh, Shannon's age, I would I think this is something that.
Speaker 2: You're telling me. Okay, so you're you're the reason. Welcome, You're the reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, but tell me more? Yeah, like what is expand if you will?
Speaker 2: Well, I just deleted the emails. There's no said don't don't call me until you're ready for me to have a speaking role. So I'm serious about this. You think I'm joking. You think that my last experience as being a background actor, You thought that I was just kidding when I said I'm not going back until they give me a speaking role. No, I'm serious, Like, dude, don't come at me with your background acting roles anymore. I've moved on for that from that.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what I told him. I was like, hey, I mean he's looking for a speaking role. If you'd like to pass this along, you can, but yeah, expectations are not high. Well, we'll have to get you into play one of these days, Shannon, if that's the speaking role that you're looking for. But if I'm nine two eight oh two two eight seven, if you'd like to join us, maybe you have a speaking role for Shannon the dude. I have a bet on Draft Kings that I guarantee is going to hit.
Speaker 2: Guarante, Okay, we can't. I don't think we can do. I don't think you can guarantee.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. I don't think legally we can. I think this is a ninety nine point nine percent chance to hit. There were some developing news over the last couple couple days that is gonna make this thing even more so, and I want to tease it. So we're gonna take a break five oh two two six six text line. If you don't even know what this is, this is a gambling bet that I have a lot of confidence in So if you want to stick around and make some money, I think you should stick around for the next segment. Also, some UK sports news happening, and uh, like Shannon said, some evergreen topics that we will get to, including Jack Gibbons his phone bill after the Leach Report this morning.
Speaker 2: We got to talk about that.
Speaker 1: All right, we will, we will at some point. We'll take a break here on the show. Before the show. It is the case I apprecial.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Little Gen Mitchell this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some saltry Gen Mitchell right there, some baby making music.
Speaker 1: So is he just he's just the bar or lounge singer in PCB. He's like got a piano in front of him.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's it's him and a guitar. He's kind of like a like a local Jimmy Buffett. I think that's like I think he was the inspiration for Jimmy Buffett. Actually, I think I think Jay saw you know this guy Gen Mitchell, I want to be like him, and then you know, the rest is history.
Speaker 1: You got to wonder why, you know he just hasn't hit it big time like Jimmy. Jimmy took no no, no, no, you got it wrong.
Speaker 2: Gene has hit it big. I just don't think that you guys realize it. You just don't know what's popular. Oh okay, yeah, you kids are so out of touch. Local legend, maybe local like on the planet Earth legend.
Speaker 1: Shannon, tell me about DraftKings because I am excited to give you a bet that I am sure is going to hit well.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I can't wait to hear that. Until then, let me just tell you on DraftKings that you know the NBA playoffs are here. You can bet with promo code KSR. As a new customer. You bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets with same game parlays, live betting player props. You can go as deep into it as you want with your parlays with DraftKings promo code KSR. For new customers, bet five, get two hundred only on DraftKings. The Crown is Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions applying new customers only. Bonus bes expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional turns were responsible gaming resources see dk MNG, dot Co, slash audio, and now Billy give me the lock.
Speaker 1: All right, load up the account. This is write message for Drew Franklin as well because it involves his Tennessee Titans. I believe it will be cam Ward, the Miami quarterback, who will be drafted number one overall by the Titans because earlier this week, Shannon, he was streaming on Twitch and playing Fortnite, and he was asked who are the top four wide receivers in the National Football League. Cam Ward said Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, and then proceeded to say two Titans receivers in Calvin Ridley and Treylon Burks. He was then asked cam who's the best running backs in the NFL. His first two answer Shannon two Titans players Tony Pollard and Taj Spears. At minus twenty thousand on DraftKings, I'm here to tell you cam Ward is gonna go first in the NFL draft coming up later this month. There you go, Shannon, there's your Lock of the century. Wow.
Speaker 2: That is uh, that's interesting. So I guess if you are on Twitch or if you're in that world you would already know that.
Speaker 1: You'd already maybe got in with lower odds if you were streaming on Twitch. You know, I'm really going out on a limb saying a minus twenty thousand odds bed is going to hit, Shannon. So I guess that means you've got to bet twenty thousand dollars to win one hundred dollars in this.
Speaker 2: Situation minus twenty thousand. Yes, yeah, that would be it. So if you're willing to break the bank a little bit, and maybe I don't think I'd be willing to risk twenty thousand dollars though, I mean, like, what if something happens between now and then.
Speaker 1: You know, well we've seen you know, Laramie Tunsel appeared in a video in a gas mask long hours before the NFL Draft, and he dropped a couple spots. So yeah, I guess anything is possible, Shannon. But do you like that him eluding on Fortnite is maybe tipping off that he's gonna be the number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I guess it really doesn't matter, right, I mean, if you know, if you're able to get a scoop from this guy and he's I guess putting it out there publicly, it's not really that much of a surprise anymore, is it. I mean, I feel like everybody has a tie in with these guys somehow, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be careful with your Scoop. We know Scoop lemon Is is great at what he does, but sometimes he can miss, So I guess take that with a grain of salt. I will bring up something that does matter, though, and that's the Kentucky football team getting another commitment today and hardly Gilmour, the former Kentucky player who left the team at the end of last year and was dismissed from the Nebraska football program just a couple like a month ago, announced it was announced today he will be rejoining the Kentucky football roster. Shannon This is something I mentioned on the Leach Report. He was charged with misdemeter assault at a Lexington storage facility in December of twenty twenty four. Mark Stoops has talked a lot about changing the culture and not enough discipline in years past. What do you think about this fit cultural really for the Kentucky football team with Hardley Gilmore coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting, isn't it? Talking about Mark Stoops wanting to you know, basically make sure that we're gonna run a clean program. We're not gonna have any of these instances pop up again like we had last year, where it was a culture issue. You heard a lot in the locker room that there was there were issues with you know, maybe guys not getting along, maybe guys not showing up for practice when they don't feel like it. And then you bring in a guy who now has a track record of conduct issues. So if you bring them in, I think it's gonna be an absolute zero tolerance situation. You know, like one little thing, you're gone, don't you think, I mean, if you're gonna be serious about it. But on the flip side of that, I'll also say, you know, credit to Vince Meryl because he's one of these recruiters that never burns a bridge, always keeps in contact with these guys because you're always recruiting. You're always recruiting even when they're not with you know, maybe they've been here, they've they've left, there's always a chance they could come back. And this right here is a perfect example of.
Speaker 1: That talented guy. I mean, Nebraska coaches were fawning over him after their spring practices and spring game. I guess and somebody that followed Dane Key and the receivers coach to Keil Schwartz to Nebraska. But you know, Justin Rowland said this morning, this is just a pure like talent wins over. I guess you know the issues that he had off the field, and so if they are looking for that talent, Jamory Macklin, Kendrick Law put hardly Gilmour up there, and it sounds like you've got a pretty productive receiver room. It comes on the heels of this spring transfer portal window where guys that just committed to Kentucky are already deciding to leave. In the example, here is New Mexico transfer offensive lineman Wallace unambe is back into the portal just after he joined the team in the winter College Football portal.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with this shit. I mean, we are waiting for the house versus the NCAA settlement. Maybe this helps with the trip, I don't know if that's going. That's gonna help more with like the distribution of money and nil. I don't think that changes these guys doing this transfer portal song and dance where they're going to change two or three schools before they even play one season.
Speaker 2: That is I mean, look at the Trays and Eagles staff situation. I'm looking at a tweet from March the thirtieth. It says he had committed to play basketball for South Carolina. Fast forward too, was it yesterday? Day before? He is decommitted and now looking to go elsewhere?
Speaker 1: In the port fifteen days? Fifteen sixteen days?
Speaker 2: Like it was so bad in South Carolina that he couldn't take it for two weeks. He's done. What could be so bad? You get there and you've already decommitted again?
Speaker 1: See that in that case, I don't know. That is the portal window. So I mean that is bizarre. Maybe the new Mexico offensive lineman came in in the winner. You know, the spring practices weren't what he thought. Maybe he isn't going to play, and now this window is his opportunity to go find another team. But you know, part of me understands, and it's like, hey, me and you have the opportunity to go to a radio show and we see fit. We can change jobs when we want.
Speaker 2: You know, if you well, it depends. I mean if you're on contract, you can.
Speaker 1: There are some noncompete situations in our business, but in the normal American you can change jobs like this. So part of me says, hey, this is just the American way. Let him find the most value for himself. But then the other side is, you can't keep this.
Speaker 2: This isn't you can't take it. Seriously, you can't. When you got a guy that's doing something like that. You're there, you commit, You're there for two weeks, you're gone two weeks later. I mean, I just don't know, like, how could it be that bad that you're like, oh, oh, I don't like it here, I'm gone. You don't even stay. We're not talking we're not talking about a season. We're talking about two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even a season. And you know, even you could look at a season as as a little drastic, but in a two week period.
Speaker 2: Now you got guys that are playing five seasons and they're playing with five different teams.
Speaker 1: And it comes on the heels of the news of the Tennessee quarterback nico Ia Maliava, who is expected to sign with UCLA, but his family came out yesterday and said they are not transferring because of the money. It's because of the Tennessee offense. Wow, Tennessee, I mean you're just damage control of this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, we all know you were demanding more money. That's why you left. They didn't give it to you. You left. It wasn't because of the offense. So Nico was saying, this offense is so bad, But you know what, if you give me some more money, I think I'll tolerated.
Speaker 1: Tennessee's offense was fifteenth nationally last year. UCLA was one hundred and fifteenth eighteen.
Speaker 2: If he had a problem with that offense, what's he gonna do?
Speaker 1: And against the exact you're looking for a back and if you're you know, most don't make it to the NFL, most don't make it to the NBA, You're going to make the most of your opportunities while you have him. I get that, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is going to be a trend. I just I hope not. I guess. I mean personally, because I feel like college sports is no more. It is professional sports. It is minor league to the NFL and to the NBA, and we are losing a lot of the values that we've had over the years. But we will see how it all changes and how it all evolves. Kentucky will be a big part of it. Whether Lamar Wilkerson's deciding to go to Indiana because he doesn't want to be one of the guys here, just another guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I'm sure we'll talk about Indiana and Kentucky that that's been announced for Rupper in a right, we got a mix of that.
Speaker 1: Oh, talk about a great ticket to get to Shannon. I mean, I know Indiana is irrelevant, but please, you want to beat them down as much as anybody on the horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then come out and boo the guy Lamar Wilkerson who just picked picked Indiana over Kentucky. We'll see how well that works out for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just blue coats, be careful, don't you know. Don't be flipping any fingers or anything like that when Indiana comes to town. You could be in trouble. Eight five nine two two two eight seven. We'll take a break. Got some other topics along the way that we'll get to before we hand it off to Ryan Lemon and ks. Are are only a couple more shows without Matt Jones. Keep it locked where you got it. It is the show before the show, the KSR pre show on a local legend. I do feel bad for the podcast listeners that aren't hearing Gene Mitchell. We've given them a tweet us Local Legends never stops talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like this has gotta be the most radio play he's ever gotten.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean might as well hire us as you know, the marketing team for him and his his next single or album that will be coming up. And I'm sure Shannon and the dude will tell us all about it before I rail on Gail King in some of the comments she's made about being becoming an astronaut in the four minutes that she's spent in space. Shannon, how long does it take you to eat a meal? If I put a lunch your dinner meal in front of you, how about how long do you think it would take you to eat?
Speaker 2: I have mastered eating fast and it's not good for you. Like I feel like I can eat so fast I may give like Joey chest now to run for his money, not like in as far as like the quantity of food that I can eat, like the amount of like let's say, hot dogs, No way, I could eat seventy hot dogs and ten minutes like he can. But I'm just saying if it's like just one, I can go pretty quick. So like at one meal, I would say I can eat depending on what, Like, give me a hypothetical meal, what's on the poll.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you're good at scarfing down those wieners, So I mean, if you want to stick with that, I mean, how fast do you think you could eat four hot dogs?
Speaker 2: Four hot dogs is a lot. I'm just talking about that. Give me an ormal sized meal. Yeah, hot hot dog in a small bag of chips two minutes.
Speaker 1: Two minutes. That's such b ass shited. Don't lie to me two minutes to eat. You're not Joey Chest not dipping the bun in your water two minutes.
Speaker 2: I can do it in two minutes. I have no time. I eat like I have no time in between these shows. So sometimes you got to eat something, and I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Are a busy guy. Yeah, a busy guy. Well, you alluded to what these new studies are finding. Shannon. If you're eating any meal in less than twenty to thirty minutes, you're eating too fast. It takes about twenty minutes for the stomach to communicate to the brain via hormone signals that it's full. When people eat rapidly, it's easy to overeat. It's easy to miss these signals, and it's easy to eat beyond the point of fullness, which is actually very unhealthy for you. People that eat fast have a higher risk of obesity. If you are a quick eater, I guess the advice is be present, put your phone down, turn the TV off. When you focus entirely on a meal, you tend to eat it slower and enjoy it more. But Shannon's talking about eating two dogs in a.
Speaker 2: Bag of chips, one dog, one dog, one dog, one dog in a bag of chips in two minutes. Yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 1: I think you need to slow down, buddy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I blame my high school because if you remember, like back in high school, I don't know if it was like this for you. You go in, they give you thirty minutes. That's all you get. That's true, thirty minutes. But you've also got to go through line. You gotta get your food, you gotta pay for your food, you gotta find a spot sit down. By the time you do that, you got like ten minutes to eat everything. So I think that started the habit a long time ago. And I've been a fast eater. Now, you said that if you eat fast, you're gonna be obese. I don't look to.
Speaker 1: You're a little skinny over there. You're fast too, it's pretty skinny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't think your study holds any water.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Kobeyashi isn't that big, and neither is Joey Chestnut. So I think there are outliers, but we are an obese nation, Shinnon, and I think we have a tendency to eat with our phone in our hands or with the TV on.
Speaker 2: I think it's more about what you eat than how the speed and what you eat it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm telling you it's both at this point. It's not only just the the awful processed foods that we eat as Americans today, but it's how fast we eat it as well.
Speaker 2: So down on the how long does it? How long does it down? How long does it take you to eat? How long? How long would it take you to eat? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Two days? Like I two days? Okay, I don't eat a lot to begin with, so, uh, but I'm not taking thirty minutes for a meal either. I think that was a great point about high school man. We've been trained to eat fast. Now do you and say I eat around the table or will you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: That is not a that's the traditional Like do people still do that anymore? Seat around the table, sit around the table as a family. Maybe it's because I don't have like a family. Maybe that's it. But I don't like live with my family, is what I mean.
Speaker 1: You don't have kids, you know what I mean trying to instill values into your children. That's what I mean is when you will eat at the table.
Speaker 2: I would rather sit at a bar and just eat and watch TV. That's me. Like if I'm at home, I'm gonna sit there at the island bar. Oh yeah, and uh yeah. I'm not gonna sit sit around a table around table and share your favorite moment from the day. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: So you know, in Europe, maybe you're in Italy, they take maybe hours to dine on lunch and dinner. In America, you're enjoying a little Gene what is it, Gene Mitchell, and he's doing some singing and dancing, and you're eating in less than thirty minutes. And that's why our cultures are just so so different. Speaking of eating Orioles, broadcaster Jim Palmer revealed earlier this week that he has never eaten a chicken wing in his life. He made the bet on TV that he will eat a chicken wing if the O's hit a Grand Slam this year. But Channon, I mean, can you imagine a life where you haven't had a chicken wing before? Not even the curiosity to eat one. That seems a little bizarfre.
Speaker 2: The Jim Palmer's in his seventies at this point.
Speaker 1: He's a little bit older.
Speaker 2: He's gotten this far through life and has not ever experienced the joy of eating a chicken wing. He says, he said that has skin on it, so he wouldn't. He said, never even had fried chicken.
Speaker 1: You've seen this, you've seen the story.
Speaker 2: Say he hasn't even had fried chicken before, And his broadcast partner pushed him on, like you've never had fried chicken. He's like, well, I just pull off the crust in the skin, so you're pulling off all the flavor basically, Okay, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, Jim, you believe it's got to be a personal choice. Right, you don't go through seventy years in America and not have a chicken wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bad personal choice. I love wings.
Speaker 1: I mean you never heard a wing day at Chaos Bar and Grilled Jim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to bring them in. Just throw a bucket of wings at him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you're tied to Chaos Bar and Grill, But there is there another place that you like chicken wings at. I mean, is it sacrilegious for you to give another answer besides Chaos Bar and Grill.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna look no free advertising here, okay, So just give me one, Just give me one flock.
Speaker 1: Well, I've enjoyed some Hooters chicken wings.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Last night, Uh, we brought in some wings. Stop the winger to stop. Yeah, it wasn't bad. It wasn't bad. But you know, here's the thing. Anytime I want chicken wings, I can't just drive from Bullet County all the way to Lexington. You know, an hour and a half. They're an hour and a half back.
Speaker 1: That's true. You got to make do with what you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't have a chos Barr and Grill in Louisville. That can just conveniently drive myself too.
Speaker 1: So I think Matt's made many of trips to roosters in the past. Yeah, you're looking for a good chicken wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Buffalo Wild wings. I think one our restaurant bracket at one point they got good wings. Uh, so there you go. Maybe you've got some good chicken wings. You'd like to tell you.
Speaker 2: What's the most common thing that you've never eaten. I don't know that I even have one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I don't know. I mean, that's a great question. I'm trying to wrap my brain. It's not like I haven't had a cheeseburger before or a hot dog.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Banana croquette was something that I hadn't had in a while.
Speaker 2: Common around here, Probably not common for you, though.
Speaker 1: My friend Shinn and tea Dude brought in some.
Speaker 2: Did you not It was fantastic? Oh you did have it, that's right, you know it's good. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had to think about that. Maybe I'll get back to you on the most common food that you've never eaten five o two two six five six six fives. I do want to tell you that you might as well call me Mike Rowe, because I could do an episode of Dirty Jobs.
Speaker 2: You think you could?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean after I changed and cleaned my sink yesterday. I mean you might as well have just filmed that and made it an episode of Dirty Jobs. Shan.
Speaker 2: Do you find it all kinds of gunk in there?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? I feel like a year ago. I did the kitchen sink, and that that didn't have a ton It had just kind of like some food remnants. But I did the bathroom sink yesterday, Shannon, And I'm just talking like black sludge. How does that even happen over time? Like the vomit had mixed.
Speaker 2: With like I'll stop years right there, no.
Speaker 1: Spit like it was. I mean it must have been like I hadn't cleaned that sink since I moved in, so I'm talking three four years of it.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, you rent, right, Yeah, you have a landlord that should come over and clean out that.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling my landlord for every little thing though, Like if a window toilet, I can uncle the toilet myself. I don't want to sit around for a handyman to do that. I don't know. That's the man in me. Shan in that I can.
Speaker 2: Wow. I'm still waiting to see that.
Speaker 1: It's the man in me, Shan it's you know, it's taking care of the backyard. I did have somebody come up to me and say, can I mow your lawn for thirty five dollars? It's looking pretty rough, And you know, that's kind of similar to me walking into the Iheartbuilding and my salespeople saying, Billy, you're looking rough this morning, looking a little rough.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing is too You said you had to take care of your lawn. Does the landlord not take care of that? No, so you rent, you have to take care of your own lawn, your own plumbing. What exactly does the landlord do for you?
Speaker 1: Well, they did replace the entire AC unit when CAC went out, and I thought they were going to raise my rent when they did that, and they never did, so, like, I'm afraid to talk to them because I'm afraid they're going to raise my rent because they never did during twenty twenty either.
Speaker 2: So what's a good landlord? Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good people. But are you telling me you're calling somebody when your toilet's clogged?
Speaker 2: If I'm renting, Yes, yeah, if I'm renting from.
Speaker 1: You, I think that's the weakest thing you've ever said on the preow three years into this. No, you can't unclog your own toilet.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I could, But I'm renting from you. This is your problem. This is your house. This is not my house. At my house, I'm doing it. I don't rent. I've never rented. I've always owned. But when I when I, uh, maybe go on vacation or something, I'm renting. You're telling me on your vacation you're going to spend the time cleaning out the sink because it's clogged.
Speaker 1: No. No, because I'm only there for a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're still renting though, Yeah, true, true, I just that's my point, Like, it's not your house.
Speaker 1: I am auditioning for when I own a house, one Jason, I will know how to mow the lawn and to clean this.
Speaker 2: IM just trying to impress your fiance for when I buy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I try. I try. It doesn't work very often, though.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: If I'm nine two two two eight seven is our phone lines, I guess we'll take a call. I mean, might as well. We've been rambling for long enough who's up next Yearnon?
Speaker 2: It says here, I didn't get the chance to talk to him. It says forty. Is that your name? Forty?
Speaker 1: Forty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's up, lady? Go out?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hey, buddy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Man Channing.
Speaker 3: He's talking about Jay Lawler in the first segment. Brought back some memory.
Speaker 5: You remember when he had a heart attack live on air like that?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. Yeah, they got died on the air, on the air. He died on the air like legit resuscitated. Yes, yeah, it was back in like twenty eleven, I think maybe twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like a yeah as wow.
Speaker 5: Anyway, My second thing I heard, you're talking about chicken wings, chaos, bark grill.
Speaker 1: They got some pretty good, pretty good you know you break it up on yeah that say that again, forty. What did you say about chicken wings?
Speaker 4: I said, Chas Barriell has got some good wings. Ain't nobody gonna beat Buffalo Wild wings. Appreciate the can.
Speaker 2: Get out of here with that nonsense. What are you talking about? Our wings are better than we had the best wings in les. Maybe in the state of Kentucky, Billy, maybe in the entire state.
Speaker 1: Buffalo Wild wings please. I mean, I know, Shannon, you don't like ruining sponsorship opportunities on the air, but I'll just do it now. Not good wings, not good, but anyway A five nine two A two two eight seven tomorrow Hamblin also somebody that we saw die in front of us, just like Cherry and all Or and then having to be resuscitated. That was such a scary moment. I mean, they canceled the game after that if you remember. Uh So, it's just great to see the guy even playing, you know, so it's a it's great to see that as well. With Jerry Lawler. Let's take a break though eight five nine two A two too eight seven. We will come back in our final segment before we hand it off to KSR on this Thursday edition of the Kasarre Show. The Perfect spring break song Little Zach Brown Band, Little Chicken Fried.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As we talk chicken wings here on the KSR pre Show eight five nine two A oh two two eight seven, we'll get to a couple calls here in our last segment. I've also got a couple of texts about some topics that we've been talking about. Before we get to that. Shannon, you've got a book recommendation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you heard me talk about this. It is I Am Hope, Growing Up with an Addict by Stephen Hope, who is from right here in Kentucky, from Henderson County, Kentucky more specifically, and he shares his journey growing up with an addict and it's meant. He shared this as a way to help out others who were dealing with a similar situation. He wanted to share how it affected his life, his experience, how you can help prepare others for what's ahead and what you can expect moving forward, how he felt in certain moments. It's a good read. You should check it out I Am Hope. It's available in Apple Books also on Amazon as well. If addiction has touched your life, this book can help and you should check it out I Am Hope. It also comes with an audiobook as well with bonus material from Stephen Hope. And again it's on Apple and on Amazon. Give it a read if you would.
Speaker 1: A couple of items food items that people have not eaten. On the text line, people have said beats are something that they've never had.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Actually, you know what, I don't think I've ever had beats.
Speaker 1: That person of the color looks too strange to me. I'm with you. I'm not on Dwight's farm, so I haven't had a beat ever. One person says lobster is another common thing they haven't ate because of the price. I think a lobster lobster is a little overrated. If you ask me, sh I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had some lobster. Was it well? I guess with the DraftKings folks. And you can get it cold, you can get it hot. The guy that was, you know, the server, said get it cold. Of course I've said no, give it to me warm, and it wasn't bad and warm because I've had it cold before. I don't like cold lobster. A warm lobster with butter, I.
Speaker 4: Like that now.
Speaker 1: I've had some good lobster rolls when I went to the main area in New Hampshire. But if you're just adding lobster to a steak, sometimes it doesn't hit as well as it should. I think my one item I thought of that I haven't had is like steak tar tar You ever have raw steak or anything like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want raw steak.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they just eat raw steak. I've never had that because I thought I would fight eight raw steak. But I think that's something our ancestor did, did much more than we did.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not eating anything like that. Role it's the man in me.
Speaker 1: Maybe another T shirt for Kentucky branded. We will see. Let's go to the phone, Shannon. Who's up next?
Speaker 2: Cameron?
Speaker 1: Cameron, what's up?
Speaker 5: I was thinking about foods and I used to be super picky growing up. So I went through like a renaissance when I was eighteen, like going into college, and I had like tacos for the first time and cast a roll in a bunch of stuff that I'd never had before, and it changed my life. I'm a better man for it. But now I still haven't had the cranberry stuff that they serve a Thanksgiving, like the slice c I don't know what it is, but I don't think I ever will.
Speaker 2: Cranberry sauce, right, yep, yeah, okay, yep. You know that's something I hadn't had until recently. But it's actually pretty good once it's good.
Speaker 1: But no tacos for the first eighteen years of your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was scared.
Speaker 5: We used to go to taco bell like after basketball games and stuff, and I was like, no, I'm good, I'll pass. And then only one day I was like, all right, guys, I'll try it. And then it was like that movie and right at twy when the colors start dancing in.
Speaker 4: His brain, that was me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tacos could change your life. Yeah, tacos. Thanks for the call. Camera. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Wow, No tacos, no cast roles.
Speaker 2: That sounds like punishment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what were your parents doing? Son? Get you a cast roll in you?
Speaker 2: I don't go without a taco.
Speaker 1: We got some more people on the line.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Matt.
Speaker 1: Hey, Matt, what's up?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 3: It's not even ten am and I'm ready for lunch. All this food talk, the Chicka Wing conversation. You guys mentioned roosters. You guys shouted out wingstop. I'm here to tell you in Lexington if you haven't been Gray Line Station wing King, Oh my goodness, great call. It's Wings. I think I've ever had. It's a great, great spot. So uh yeah, add that to your list if you haven't been appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. It's right next to bespoken Spirits. We've did a couple of remotes there. I actually went and had some at that Wing place recently, very very good. So Shannon, that's where we'll be going next time you're up in lex I think, no.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 2: I look, I'm loyal to my own restaurant and there every single time I do because I'm not in Lexington that often. So when I am, I feel like I need to go to the bar. Company Man, can company Man, I'm part owner.
Speaker 1: I know that's what I'm saying. Company Man.
Speaker 2: Of course, if you owned something what, you want to eat.
Speaker 1: It every day? If you had every time I'm around it.
Speaker 2: If you had Billy R. Wings, wouldn't you want to eat at Billy R Wings? When you come to it?
Speaker 1: You drink Sannon the Dude Brew for the rest of your life every single time you drink.
Speaker 2: Yes, good as.
Speaker 1: To count.
Speaker 2: It's the third best brown l on the untapped app.
Speaker 1: That's right, I am.
Speaker 2: Why would I drink anything else?
Speaker 1: Anybody else on the phone?
Speaker 2: I want to make sure we get to all these We got somebody calling in, but we don't have a producer, so let me just try to produce this.
Speaker 1: Right now, lazy Shannon, Yeah, fix the liners. He can't host a show and take calls at the same time. So I'm going to tap dance a little bit, and I got you here here, bubb what's up, Bubba, Buba? What's up?
Speaker 4: Hey? You guys are talking about food? Uh with my family. It's kind of an old country tradition. Have you guys ever had banana croquette We just.
Speaker 1: Talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've had that, well, I mean since I was a kid. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get them bananas and roll them in the mayonnaise and the peanut and the peanuts.
Speaker 2: That is a uh.
Speaker 4: And and another family tradition. You ever had baked oysters?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I had baked oysters like a week ago. That in Florida.
Speaker 1: Love oysters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, kind of like an old cast role, okay, because I didn't think many people around this park had such a thing, but yeah I had to, you know, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter. Man, those were the people everything. We all followed over that stuff when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good stuff, Bubba. Thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: There you go see I'm not the only one champion championing banana croquettes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank your dad. For calling in this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, let me tell you about some DraftKings. No promo code KSR, BET five get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. You know the drill by Now it's all there for you on DraftKings. New customers bet five get two hundred with promo code ks R. Gamblely problem on day on Hunred Gabler eighteen plus Kentucky only, Eligibuddy restrictors apply and new customers only. Bull intis is fire one hundred and sixty eight hours after Yoursuman's traditional terms and responsible gave me a resources see DKNG dot co slash audios.
Speaker 1: So we've learned that we should start with the food topics.
Speaker 2: On the pre go. Yeah, we talk transfer portal, nobody calls, nobody's interested. We talk food. Everybody has everybody's wings.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, all right, well, uh, we'll see you tomorrow. KSRS. Next for Shannon on Billy Perry's precio