Speaker 1: Ever its topic time.
Speaker 2: The phone called eight hundred and five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club talk about it.
Speaker 3: Warning everybody, it's DJ env Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Now if you're just joining us, we got our guest co host, Todia Jordan. She's hanging with me today. We were talking about what happened in Alabama. At Alabama bral if you're just waking up, there was a security guard at a boat dock. He was trying to get somebody to move their boat because the actual steamboat was coming in. They wouldn't move the boat, and they jumped the brother. All right, it was a black guy. It was a bunch of white dudes and a white and a couple of white women, and they jumped them, jumped them crazy. The black people watching it on the boat that was coming in. Actually one dude's jumped in the water started swimming, and when that boat got ashore, they whooked those white people's pass. So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one five one, if you've seen somebody in distress, would you help. Let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this Hey, Jane, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Now we're asking, if you've seen something like this happen, would you.
Speaker 4: Help absolutely not only till the mass, but the nearest managing push off the boat because what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I have to go help.
Speaker 4: But when I saw a female out of female, yeah.
Speaker 5: They would have got the one on one I get my ask, not that I even gonna lie to eat.
Speaker 1: So Jenny, you can't fight.
Speaker 4: I ain't even playing the game. I would have got for the lord.
Speaker 1: So there's gonna be people that are gonna fight. And then we need some.
Speaker 6: People in the film crill, So you be in the film crip. Yeah yeah right, no not help, okay, documentation.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this this trash? Hey Trish.
Speaker 3: Now we're asking if you've seen this happen, and what would you do?
Speaker 4: I would jump in, I honestly put dump in. I'm not a person that likes in justice or a vice, but I also am a person that love when our community had that for one another.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I didn't even ask you, Claudy, what would you do if you've seen that situation happen?
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 6: I've been waiting for a Karen trying me really have like I just have like, I'm just so sick of.
Speaker 1: You know, the last few years been really tough.
Speaker 6: If you've been to be black in America has to be mad all time because of what we see. And we've seen all these people just getting like slowly killed right in front of us, and people are filming.
Speaker 1: I jump in. I would jump in. I would jump in and try not to go hip out.
Speaker 3: See I'm the gentleman with the chair, that is me. I'm not a fair fighter. I never know what somebody has in their back pockets. I'm not playing any games. I'm grabbing a chair, knocking you off. And I am very surprised I didn't see more people in the water because I'm pushing everybody in the water. He said, everybody's going in the water. I'm not because I'm just gonna push you in the water. And I know for about the next five minutes you got to swim back, and I'm good. I'm just gonna be pushing mad people in the water.
Speaker 1: You know that Doc Water is mad filthy too, you know it. She is hell Getting out of air.
Speaker 3: The only thing I was fearful of, you know, because a lot of time they say black people can't swim right so they push one of us in the water.
Speaker 1: We can swim. Now they drowning right now, somebody gotta go get them. But I could swim. I'm pushing everybody in that water.
Speaker 6: I like it, man, I like I like the unity. I hope it starts a moving Like I said, hello, who's this or whoever?
Speaker 8: You're just taking it from Brownsville.
Speaker 3: K gave what's up from Brownsville? Talk to me what you're doing if you see something like this happening.
Speaker 8: I feel like I wouldn't help anybody that's from the in the disadvantage was especially from our city. Because even when you were gun play had it out, I said, y'all, I will.
Speaker 7: I would go in for d You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go hard for people that's from the color of my skin, and if they not from the color of my skin, I feel like I would like break it up because I don't like seeing people with disadvantages, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's that's another thing too, is when when it's our own people, you want to help even more like and it's this has nothing to do with it, but like if you ever go out of town, and it's a bunch of New York dudes in the club.
Speaker 1: New York always stick together.
Speaker 3: You might not know anybody at all, but when it's New York, we all stick together.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what's up? We don't know each other from nobody, like we.
Speaker 8: Just cousins when we out of town and everything.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But that way were back in New York, we enemies. We hate each other. Oh you from the Bronx from back that's we gotta work on that part. We work on the black part. You all black, no matter where we're from.
Speaker 7: Right, thank you?
Speaker 1: KK?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Talk to me?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir? You know why I'm jumping in over? Why because black people don't just bother white people. He was probably doing this job. He was, and it was entitled So now you're entitled to this aspen.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like it a lot. Yeah, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 8: I mean we try to guess holds up? Then what's up?
Speaker 7: Many?
Speaker 1: Where you from?
Speaker 3: What you mean by you just want to just guess hold because you just want to gets hold?
Speaker 6: There we go again with me and.
Speaker 8: On the guests holds on the on the breakfast clubs man, what's uth?
Speaker 1: How did?
Speaker 3: How does that make you feel? Cordy, You've been putting your chops and you've been working for a long time just from Brooklyn. It's like I can do that job.
Speaker 7: I feel like when y'all no, no, no, she's the club, she's doing an amazing job.
Speaker 8: I just think that we would be a good addition to the show.
Speaker 6: That it's like, speak on this, y'all, when jets is on here, when everything.
Speaker 1: Is on here, when all these other fen la la, y'all.
Speaker 6: Don't be like y'all should let the average person come up here, because just because I feel like when I'm up here, I just.
Speaker 1: Everybody like everybody, that's what he has. Y'all not forget me up? Do I suck?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No, not at all, Crida, Like I said, side a shot at you. I'm just I mean, I just need an opportunity to show what I.
Speaker 1: Could do that only happens when I'm here. Did they do this on it with everybody else in here? No, jesus me, we know I'm gonna say, I'm I'm for the people. I'm the people there you go eight hundred and five, eight five on five.
Speaker 3: When we're talking to Alabama brawl that went over went down over the weekend. If you've seen a brother in distress? Would you jump in? Or would you mind your business?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's topic time, eight hundred and five five one O five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is dj n V, Charlomagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us. We got Claudia Jordan here, she's our guest host. Charlomagne is out, he'll be back tomorrow. So we're asking the Alabama brawl and went down over the weekend, if you've seen a brother in distress, what would you do? Would you help or would you mind your business? Now, I know a lot of people said they would mind their business because we've heard of this before. People jump in and maybe you know, somebody has a weapon and they wound up getting hurt or killed or shot, or you know, if it's a couple fight and you jump in and now they both turn and jump on.
Speaker 1: Your ass and they stay together anyway, And they stay together anyway. So that is the question. Let's go to the phone line. Oh, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up? Good morning?
Speaker 4: This Texisa?
Speaker 1: Hey Tequisa? What you doing? Uh?
Speaker 4: I'm rolling up right now?
Speaker 3: No, I mean, what would you do in that situation? I know you're listening to us to Keisa, Like, what would you do in a situation you see a brother under distress?
Speaker 1: You helping them? On your mind?
Speaker 4: Is I'm jumping in?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't ask, I'm taking names. I'm getting some of the best shots, don't are you?
Speaker 6: Do you feel like especially the stuff we've been witnessing with like you know, seeing George Floyd and like all the other black men that we have all witness gets snuffed out, Like do you think that that has a lot to do with that? Now? People are just sick and tired of seeing it, like, ain't gonna happen on our watch anymore?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's exactly what I was just about to saying. That's part of the problem. Too many people standing around just watching it. Right, You're watching women be disrespected. Watch MEGGI come on, jump in and with the has And there's an argument that on the other the other color, the other tide, Oh they jump in, they don't hear they know each.
Speaker 1: Other now Tekeisa, what's the last time you got into a fight.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm forty seven years old and I.
Speaker 1: Am that fighting takesa You ain't whooping nobody.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get tired after you push the first person.
Speaker 5: Hey, DJV, I'm dragging somebody.
Speaker 1: You go dragging for ten and they don't get some water.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, I'm just gonna push people in the water because I got about a good sixty seconds and I'm gonna be tired.
Speaker 1: I'm being like, you know, look at you.
Speaker 5: That's pretender murder. You don't know some folks because last you can't go your folks in the water now.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna drag him, but I can't push them in the water.
Speaker 6: To Keisa, Now, Tekeisa, we are out of the same age.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get I'm I'm gonna be with you with that. But we all gonna get tired.
Speaker 6: But they gonna get the They're gonna get ten fifteen seconds a hell from us before we get tired, ten.
Speaker 1: Tenty seconds, ten to fifty seconds of health. That's right that I'm gonna be tired.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 4: This is Shine from Detroit.
Speaker 1: He ain't showing what up? Del So what's Detroit doing?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: You see a brother distress? What you doing, Mama?
Speaker 4: Well, because I'm from Detroit, I'm from eighty seven, I gotta be careful. I don't want to just get the swinging on people and I don't know who right or who's wrong. I stand for my people one hundred percent, but I go to smick Karen or baby and find out we know we wrong. You couldn't hit baby kid or something. Now we all in jail with the suppie.
Speaker 1: So you you're gonna you're wanna analyze first.
Speaker 3: You're gonna sit back and say, all right, let me find out who's right or wrong first, and then you're gonna start whooping ass exactly.
Speaker 4: I got white friends and black plans, So yeah, I get it, but I'm gonna always say it for my people. Okay, I gotta know what's going on with.
Speaker 1: The white side. Don't do that.
Speaker 6: They all jumped on that guy without even though he was just doing his job, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So we gotta return energy. Sometimes I think you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, Claudia. I'm sorry I can't, but yes, Claudia, yes you're right.
Speaker 7: You're s a right.
Speaker 4: They did jump on their brother when he was just doing his.
Speaker 1: Job, that's right.
Speaker 6: So we give them more courtesy than they give us. So I think the daisy to be over.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this Charlie from the.
Speaker 1: Troit Detroit on the line heavy.
Speaker 3: When I start talking about a fighting topic, Detroit call it so crazy.
Speaker 7: Bull up.
Speaker 1: So Charlie, what's up? You see a man in distress?
Speaker 7: What you damn? Man ain't no on? Hear If I can't jump in that the only way I can't say it's not gonna happen. My wife probably would lose her marble for fear of what could happen.
Speaker 6: But man ain't no way.
Speaker 7: It can't go down without like that.
Speaker 3: I'm with you because when I look at that brother, I look at my father, my uncle, my brother, like you look at a family member, and especially if it's a black woman, I'm looking at mama, grandmama, my sister, my daughter.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You just look enough to really just to beat up anybody that that that messes with them.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Joe Detroit?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 1: Yellow colored in Eli.
Speaker 3: When I'm I start mentioned physical fighting, Detroit calling so crazy.
Speaker 7: Because you got to I wish you was a boat called to hear you here and Nick Cony and the mother doing this boy tears. I've been talking to you in the water.
Speaker 3: Elijah can't curse, So I so imagine that party I did in Detroit two weeks ago, right, you know, right on the water.
Speaker 1: Side, and a brother was getting beat up by some white folks. What's happening?
Speaker 7: Man? That the whole entire crowd out.
Speaker 1: There, the whole crowd would have whipped his ass.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he got thrown in the order too. We had a boat like the Prince, they probably would put h up under it.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Let me go to one more call him? Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 7: Hevy? What was good? Miss? Mitch?
Speaker 1: Where you calling from?
Speaker 7: I'm calling from Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Atlanta? All right? Now you see a brother in distressed Mitch, Mitch. What you're doing? Mitch?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, smoke, it's going all the way up.
Speaker 7: You already know. It's twenty twenty three. You already know if it was the other way around, we went here to end up. You know, we gotta gotta support our people. We gotta fight for our people.
Speaker 6: Man, If we can keep this energy going and then start dealing with each other, like, stop stop the nonsense between us.
Speaker 1: We can be so powerful. I'm with you. I am totally with you. Go to Twitter and look at black Twitter.
Speaker 6: They are going and they had a meme of a Timberland pull up to a doc and had the SS dead ass on it. Like there was so many funny memes all over social media, Like go to black Twitter and just just google it.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say this, I love the fact that we all stood up and roll with each other. I just pray to God that you know, in other situations, we could rid ride with each other more often.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many times where.
Speaker 3: A lot of times we go against each other and not even know anything. It was good to see that that we supported that brother, we helped that brother and had that brother's back.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't stop there.
Speaker 3: We got to continue to support our own we gotta to continue to support our own businesses. We got to continue to support support, support, support, and I don't think we should stop until we support each other.
Speaker 6: And there's an argument to be made that they the brothers that did jumping and the sisters perhaps could have prevented a murder.
Speaker 1: That guy could have been murdered, correct, like.
Speaker 6: It was eight on one. They could have stomped him o until he was done breathing, you know what I mean. And no one got killed, so we can make it light in the situation. But I do like that, you know, the brother was protected.
Speaker 1: All right? Now, we got rooms on the way. What we're talking about, yo, big.
Speaker 6: Story with Kai Sunat and how they are coming for his neck. We'll got more on that when we get back, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll get into that next. It's the breakfast club Goo Morning