Speaker 1: Mind shutting the door. Thank you all right, guys. Injuries Armstead had a foot didn't return. Dwell, he had an ankle, didn't return. Go ahead, what kind of change? Second?
Speaker 2: I'm I think we had a five yard loss on first down, which you get you in the second fifteen. I think we had a false start, So we just some pretty bad decisions and mistakes on first and second down.
Speaker 1: And after those two.
Speaker 2: Were over, the coolest part was they were moving the ball doing a lot.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We only had six plays and didn't do well with any of them, and when it was all said and done, it was only six zero, so we were able to weather the storm and get a rhythm back. That was huge, I mean, just for us to not really feel like we were getting going with some of the mistakes that we made, and to watch them get going with some of the explosives they made and just moving the ball pretty well.
Speaker 1: But it was huge to hold up to two field goals.
Speaker 2: And despite all that, the third possession we got the ball, they scored twice, but we were only down six and we just got one drive together and got the lead back. So it was it was a a huge deal in a very good feeling.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought the first play just you know, it's hard when something gets tipped. I'll see the see the play, and you know the penalty wasn't him, the loss of run wasn't But we had some tough third downs there. I know he had a chance on Christian, but I think he had to get rid of it a little bit too early, so that ball sailed on that third and nine.
Speaker 1: I think it was or third and eleven.
Speaker 2: But when our whole offence everybody settled down, which included Brock to myself and and I thought he played a hell of a game.
Speaker 3: How people always do.
Speaker 1: I think he's had that for a few weeks now. I mean, Debot was banked up for a little bit, miss some games.
Speaker 2: He's been getting back into his rhythm and been He's been really close here for a couple of weeks now. And I got the ball in some good situations. And when he does he I when I say good situations, I mean to get like six to eight yards and he turns it into what you guys see.
Speaker 1: So he's as good.
Speaker 2: As there is when that ball's in his hands and people don't like to tackle him.
Speaker 3: Green Wall ejection. Did you object all the fact that it was a non player, non coach.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's why I tried my hardest not to lose my mind. Hopefully that did embarrassed myself too bad. But yeah, once I I didn't get to see it all from where I'm at, but when I start hearing people explain.
Speaker 1: It to me and stuff, and I I just.
Speaker 2: Can't believe someone not involved in a football game, kantan our players like that and put their hands in our guys face. And from what I was told, Dre did it back to him and I was told that he kind of mashed him in the face a little bit, so he got ejected. But it was a it was a very frustrating play. I gotta watch it or have a true opinion on it. But I loved how we.
Speaker 1: Rallied after it. Uh yeah, he was awesome.
Speaker 2: He just he wasn't a fan of what happened on the play either, and uh he handled it with total class and it was was really cool.
Speaker 1: Emotional game, very.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 3: How was he today and after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the emotions were there like you would think.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think if we would have opened up in week one here, I think that would have been a real big deal. But just I think going through the season and he's played a lot of football and his arms felt great, So I think coming back here it's I mean, the emotions are more about going against such a good team and I'm playing in such a hard place to play. But I don't think there was You can ask him when he gets in here, but I don't think he was real consumed with the injury that he got. I mean we were able to stick with the run and get it going there in the second half, especially. I mean that's as big of a challenge that group. I mean, they got some really good players rushing. I was hoping Fletcher wasn't gonna play today, but he surprised us a little bit there in pregame. Find it out, he went, So they had a huge challenge today and I'll feel it better on the plane. But when you run the ball like that and you're able to throw the ball, I know they must have a hell of a game.
Speaker 3: Happened.
Speaker 1: How you guys respond, There wasn't much.
Speaker 2: There's just there's place and sometimes when a guy gets a tip, a play doesn't work. Sometimes when we don't throw a bubble and hand it off and backers unblocked on a mistake on targeting, you get a loss of five and and then when we get third and long, we can't hold on for that because their d line ended up getting a brock and he couldn't wait for it. So there wasn't anything big difference. It was just our defense keeping us in the game and allowing us to just be patient and continue to do what we planned and play good football. And we didn't do that for two drives, but we'd like to say if we're in the game as a matter of time, and we got to.
Speaker 1: Go in there in the third drive to do that for four.
Speaker 2: Oh it's ton and I mean it goes against everything in those guys, DNA and their coaches, DNA everything. Those guys want to tee off and go rush the quarterback every play, but and they did at times. But you also you got to know who you're playing and the style of how that team beats people. And I thought our guys were very disciplined to day, as disciplined as we have been that I can remember going against a mobile quarterback and he still made a ton of plays like we knew he would. But our guys just kept rowling, and I know they've covered a lot of ground out there. I was glad we got some extra guys up to rotate. And again I'll watched on the plane, but I was I was really proud of those guys.
Speaker 3: Throughout the league.
Speaker 1: Uh not really, It's really cool.
Speaker 2: When Schneider and Deebo talked about it and we n we had a good feeling. You just how the week went that Rey Ray wasn't gonna be able to make it, and once we found that out, and Schneider and Debo been talking about it all week, which when the player is talking about it and you don't have to go ask him, and that's usually the way I want it.
Speaker 1: So I was very happy that he wanted to do it.
Speaker 3: Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't envision anything going in so that you just envision playing as hard as you can and you hope you play what you're capable of, and usually you hope that's enough. So there wasn't much to last year with this. I mean, we were just excited to come out here and play a really good team and and play well and get a win.
Speaker 3: Are guy went down, your team they were able to not only withstand that, but.
Speaker 2: I mean I just loved how excited and ready our team was for this game. And when you are that amped up and ready to go and for you know, I mean, they're all, they're all, the games are the same, but we understand how good that team is, we understand their record, and so that makes it always a little bit bigger. And our guys were really excited for the challenge. And when you come out with that much energy and that ready to go and things don't go well for a quarter, that was the thing I was most proud of.
Speaker 1: Our guys were able to weather a storm.
Speaker 2: I know it seems like there's panic, but you never felt that when they came to the sidelines. And usually when you carry yourself that way, I mean, if you can just stick in it, and usually good things happen after and they did.
Speaker 3: To that.
Speaker 1: I th I think we're going in the right direction.
Speaker 2: I think we've gotten and I think after our skid, I think we've taken a step each week and gone a little bit better. I thought we were a little bit better today than we were last week, and by no means so I think we're doing our best.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a lot of things in that game that didn't go right, But I.
Speaker 2: Thought our intent was good and obviously our talent's good, and we just gotta make sure we keep improving. Yeah, he had to gut it out, and I I think he went out in the second half. He was in and out throughout the game, but I wasn't told he was officially out and done.
Speaker 1: I wanna say early in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Rocks plays. Tell how do you think he handled as to going back here and wasn't like that went.
Speaker 1: Back to where it used to?
Speaker 2: Know. I just think Brock did what he does always every week. He just he plays the game. He tries to play it the right way. That one of the best things he did when we were down. He didn't try to make too much stuff up and try to overcompensate when you're down. He just kept with the plan and kept doing his job and did a help job with it. I'm sorry, I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, all right, Thanks guys,