Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepcat with Joel Abissecci. We're joined by Bloomberg reporter Clomba.
Speaker 4: Lake of Morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, air Boss, the plane maker seeing some headwinds because of engines, worried about that.
Speaker 4: What's the latest on air Boss?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, the Ebbers problem is actually more of a Pratt and Whitney problem, the Pratton Whitney being the supplier of engines to the A three twenty family of Airbus planes, and that company is not meeting targets, which in terms of means that Airbus.
Speaker 1: Isn't able to meet their own targets.
Speaker 5: And the CEO has been quite forceful in his criticism of Pratt and Whitney. He said that he had what he called difficult discussions with that supplier and its insufficient rate of engine production. But the fact that the blame doesn't fall on Airbus doesn't change the fact that it won't be able to meet its own production in delivery targets, and that is really dragging the shares down this morning. The problem is that the issue is likely to continue into twenty twenty seven as well, and that might lead the gap in performance between Airbus and Boeing to wide and even further.
Speaker 1: We can see that gap already.
Speaker 5: Ebbus deliveries in January we're at the lowest level in any month since twenty twenty. But then at the same time Boeing has delivered the highest number of planes is twenty eighteen, so there's a real gap in delivery. They're all divergence, and so Airbus is down on the back of that.
Speaker 4: And you're next.
Speaker 3: They're saying that they expect costs to jump this yerige of ANDVI strategic investments and the acquisition of the athen stock exchange.
Speaker 4: What's been the reaction this.
Speaker 1: Morning, well, not very positive.
Speaker 5: The shares are down on the back of that because of those costs rising, and that is the expenses will come in as one hundred million euro more than there were in twenty twenty five, and this was ahead of what analysts had expected.
Speaker 1: And as you say, the reason for those costs is because.
Speaker 5: Of some strategic investments, so things like adding power futures to the commodities segment and settling cash equities in more countries. But then also costs related to, as you said, the acquisition of the Athens Stock Exchange, which was completed just late last year. So we've got those rising costs, we've got earnings coming in a little softer than expected, and that is leading to that weakness. Urinex was also one of the names that was involved in this AI disruption sell off, given that it's provider of data and analytics, but it's not as exposed to the data side, you know. For example, Elseg derives about half of revenue from data. Urinx is just about fifteen percent. And the CEO say he was not too concerned, affected or impacted in any way by this AI threat.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's on uranext memhile.
Speaker 3: Nesle shares rising with the Swiss food jarts beat on sales growth.
Speaker 4: What's more in those results.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nesle is quite optimistic about twenty twenty six that sales growth will accelerate this year. It seems that twenty twenty six will also be the start of a more efficient organization, so it's in advanced talks to sell its ice cream business. That's part of a broader strategy of streamlining the portfolio a bit more. The business is also getting reorganized around four core divisions, and the company is really doubling down on coffee and pet care as the kind of key segments going forward. It's been a really busy start of the year for the new CEO. He's announced major job cards, he's organizing the business. He's also dealing with this massive infant formula recall that is really hurting cells. But more importantly, it's important to manage that well so that to avoid too much of a reputation hit as well. So it's been a really busy time and investors are scrutinizing all aspects of this ongoing turnaround for Neesle. But if we look at the shares, which have been doing quite well this morning, it looks like the market is quite happy with the way things are going so far.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube. Bloomberg dot com and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.