Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Okay, so Rain Drogs, I got Claudia and Dustin and they're back to discuss episode eight of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and we have so much to get into. It was an explosive episode, it was. It's a lot to unpack in this episode. So let's just get right into it. Doesn't call you already, Yes, yes, I don't know if I but hey, we are here and we're just gonna discuss it. So in this episode, the beautiful Porsche Hey journalist is celebrating her birthday in Nashville, and listen, I really did enjoy.
Speaker 2: Look at Carlos.
Speaker 3: He's trying to He is trying to put all kind of disclaimers at the top for his friends.
Speaker 2: You know, he's like trying to Carlos, just breathe. It's not gonna hurt that much of first.
Speaker 4: I've heard that before.
Speaker 1: No, the thing is this, I just want to make sure to to chronic logically.
Speaker 4: Get it to the episode. Okay, So I really.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed when the ladies were, you know, having fun and they were at the bar. It reminds me of that Thomar Banks movie kyote Ugly, how they were all in the bar dancing, like was it that fun called?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dustin, I've been to kyote Ugly before. It's a good time.
Speaker 2: It's cute. Go ahead, Colors, let's get to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, nothing that happened.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh my gosh, I really enjoyed, like the fun and the life taking shots.
Speaker 4: They were taking shots with the shop bottles. Could you do that too if you were?
Speaker 2: Well, I have on a small mouth.
Speaker 3: I don't have as large as a mouth, so I can do a smaller cup, you know, I don't do big cups like that like they. But they would getting in I'm mad at though, like they were having fun. They was wrapping their whole mouth like I would get the top. They at the base like they was Yeah, they was having fun. They was throwing it back. I said, okay, girl, I'm mad at that they had fun there.
Speaker 2: That was cute.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dustin, this is so funny, right, They was having fun though. Honestly, what do we want from housewives? Right? That's what we want.
Speaker 5: We want to see them having a good time, letting their hair down. It was technically a girl's trip, right, So that's what you do when you're on a guy's trip, a girl's trip of their trip, whatever your trip is, you have a good time and you let loose with your friends. So I was actually happy to see that. Let's start with the positives, right like, they did look beautiful. Porsia, Kelly, and Shami are all the cast. It's a beautiful cast period, right, so they all look good and to me, the star of this episode was Cynthia Bailey. Cynthia is the best friend that we've seen on that show since the show has has come around thereas she is literally being a friend to these ladies in her capacity on the show. She walked in that room with Portia completely reset her energy. We saw her be show empathy toward brit who she don't even know like that and was just able to find that space to kind of bolster her up in that moment. So Cynthia, she did her thing. That's how you be a friend of the show, and that's why she's back.
Speaker 1: I will agree with the fact that Cynthia's present in this episode alone, and and yes, this season, but let's focus on this episode alone. It was a very smart decision to bring Cynthia back.
Speaker 4: And the reason why I'm saying that is this.
Speaker 1: I do feel like Cynthia has not been given the flower she deserves her for her time on the Real Housewives of Atlanta because a lot of things and this is no shade to nobody. We're all guilty of this, right. A lot of conversation happens when it's like who can read the best or feel the best shade and all that stuff. What I think is missing, and I said this in my interview with Cynthia and Crystal Menkoll from Beverley Hills Housewives. When I'm casting a show the way a perfect ensemble cast works. If not everybody can be on ten, you need somebody that operates on middle ground. You need somebody who who's able to to what Dustin said, be a friend to everybody. I don't subscribe to this notion because I get read for this myself, because I love all the girls. But I don't subscribe to this notion of a friend to everybody's a friend to no one. I listen, y'all could disagree, that's fine, I don't. I don't subscribe to that. I think Cynthia has done a great job at fostering her friendships with individual people based on what they give to her. And in this and in this episode, what it showed me is Cynthia was needed this season because the girls, to me, are still trying to find their rhythm.
Speaker 4: As as as as a as a as a friend group.
Speaker 1: Right, They're trying to find their rhythm, and I'm gonna I'm gonna skip to the end and work my way backwards. I thought it was nice that, of all people, Cynthia had that moment with Portia. You know, I think we all expected it to be Shemiah, and for whatever reason was that. Who knows what has And maybe Portia said I want to talk to Cynthia, maybe mea like, we don't know, But what I will say is to see Cynthia navigate through each girl, finding a way.
Speaker 4: To be sort of like big sister.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought it was the job well done. Yes, one hundred percent agree. And it gave a lot of levity to some of the crazier moments in the episode, and you need that. So I really thought she shined as a friend of the show this week. And I don't think I ever remember a friend of the show operated you know, by namesake of being a friend. Normally they're in conflict or they're a friend of by title, right, just because they're not a full housewife. She was literally functioning as the definition of a friend. That was good to see for me, you know what I'm saying. It added levity to the butt cheeks that we saw in the other scenes of the show. So it was like a balance between something more wild and something that was more settling. And I appreciated that, so Cynthia.
Speaker 3: So you know again, I've told you guys before that since season seven, since I was there, I've only watched like the show maybe one or two times until the season. Now I'm watching it. I'm locked in. Now I'm watching every single episode. So I'm like in a time machine, right, I'm like stuck back, Like wow, seeing how far like the moment with Porsche and Cynthia, because last time her and I talked about the show is when they fought on a boat.
Speaker 2: They've come.
Speaker 3: My point is saying that they've come a long way, and I was actually surprised at how close they are now. And you know, whether it's real for the show, I think it is. I think it was a genuine moment. But I do like the fact that Cynthia gave her real advice, gave Porsche real advice. And I have to give Porscha credit in that particular scene that she received it, because once upon a time you couldn't tell Porscha nothing. And I love that she received it. And they were holding hands, they were sitting on sitting on her bed, on Porsche's bed, and you know, we do need this kind of these moments to balance out the chaos, because it's not going to be Kumbai all the time, nor should it be fighting all the time.
Speaker 2: Like Carlo said, level ten reading.
Speaker 3: If it's reading all the time, then a real red doesn't really stand out anymore. It's like yawn bye. They do this all the time, but when we have take us through the journey in real life, you wouldn't always be on level ten.
Speaker 2: You would be on a five, you be on a two, you be in a ten. You know.
Speaker 3: And I really did appreciate that moment because it showed people, these people who were fighting in season seven, in season eight and I think nine, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: From what I heard, they've come a long way.
Speaker 3: And it does give me hope for other people that are maybe arch enemies now that maybe later on they two can have a scene where they're like in a loving space or cool or whatever.
Speaker 2: Call. Yeah, some people want to call it flip flops. Some people want to.
Speaker 3: Call it growth and evolution and growing and getting past things.
Speaker 2: So I did like that. I like that moment a lot. I really really did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I did too.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about a moment that was very controversial for the audience, one of many in this episode, but let's start with the first one, since we are on Cynthia.
Speaker 4: So Cynthia, Britt, Drew, and Angela.
Speaker 1: They decided to go to like this winery or like this sort of like mine, thank you, dustin whiskey tasting, and in that moment, Britt pretty much talked about how she felt that she didn't feel supportive a by the girls when Kenya displayed the explicive photos. She felt that some of the girls were more concerned about what she did to deserve that reaction versus the outcome of the reaction, and in that scene, Cynthia and I'm paraphrasing, of course, but Cynthia did say that, you know, regardless of what happened, this girl deserves our support based on the fact that she did have an explicit photo on display. I'll say this, and I want to hear from you guys. Look, I know a lot of people thought, well, Cynthia, that's why King is mad at you. And listen, we don't know if Kenya's mad as Cynthia because Kenya has elected not to talk about Cynthia, which and this is no shade. I give Kenya so much props for that, because I think Kenya knows whatever she says about Synthy will be the story. And I appreciated the fact that Kenya said, in this moment, I choose not to talk about my friendship with Cynthia for a public father. So Kenya deserves a lot of props for that. What I will say is this, two things can be true. Two things can be true. What Keny and Bridge did to each other was wrong, and all three of us agree on that. I'll speak for myself. What I felt that Cynthia was saying is none of us knows what it's like to have a photo published the world to see of an intimate moment, and you can't tell someone how.
Speaker 4: They should feel.
Speaker 1: And that's honestly how I feel if I don't know what that feels like. If and brit saying that she, you know, stayed at home for three days she cried, if that's her reality and that's how she feels, I do think there should be a certain level of understanding because unless I'm in the minority, I don't know what that feels like.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 1: Right, Just like when it comes to Kenya Moore, I also feel like there should be some understanding because I don't know what it feels like to be removed from a situation that you gave your heart and soul to because of what happened. Right, So I feel bad for Kenya and I will always stand tent toes down for Kenya summer more. When it comes to BRIT's feelings, I do agree with Cynthia that if that's how she feels, and that's something we don't know what it feels like. Why can we all say, regardless of whether or not you deserved it's a separate conversation. But if that's how you feel, I do agree with Cynthia that they should rally around her.
Speaker 3: It's really complicated because on one hand, you know, we've said it so many weeks in a row. Yes, we don't agree with what Kenya did, right, and now it's becoming like we have to put ourselves in brit shoes and how she feels. And absolutely I do agree with that, like that that couldn't have been cool, But I don't want us to do too much of an overcorrection where we forget that it didn't start with Kenya. True, it's a cause and effect thing. Had Britain never done what she did, what happened when she was a victim would have never happened. And I think people are like, you know, the right thing to do is be supportive of brit at the expense in a little bit of Kenya.
Speaker 5: Claudia, I mean to cut you off, but it helped me with that piece because that's the part that I'm missing. How people are overlapping, like empathizing with brit for that moment.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Why people feel like you can't do both, so just help me, figure, help me with that piece.
Speaker 2: It's hard to do both.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you this, if one of my homegirls of ten years was around and I acted a total donkey, regardless if I was right or wrong, and one of my most my worst moments of my career right where I fucked my own shut up right even though I'm wrong, I would want someone to champion on my behalf, which Cynthia did a little bit, and say, yeah, but yes, my friend was wrong, but you should have never did that to my friend. And even though she's not here, I'm not gonna key key with you, and now we're gonna besties now that she's not here, because that's foul too. And I can understand why Kenya would be hurt. Cynthia wants peace. I get that, and I love that about her. But in that wanting piece with brit it can appear and feel to Kenya like she's not getting like she may. She may feel like, damn, well, what about me? Everyone's gonna say what about me?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 2: Right, Everyone's gonna say that.
Speaker 3: So I understand why Kenya's so sent would be sensitive and she's like, I don't want to talk about Cynthia right now. And I love that because I think, like Carlo said anything she says, they're gonna make it into a bigger thing. And I hope that they can, like after the cameras go away, they can sit down, because I love them being close.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 3: And like, you know, I could see Kenya sitting at home watching this and saying like and her feeling really hurt seeing Cynthia and Brick getting close, Like I would feel like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they're getting close. I think people are kind of jumping the shark with that, right we are, like they're not getting close. She literally just sat in the scene at thee at the whiskey tasting and said, you know what, at the end of the day, you did have their picture exposed.
Speaker 6: I feel for you in that moment. That's it.
Speaker 5: She didn't say like Kenya was wrong, she didn't say nothing.
Speaker 6: She just fell for her in that moment.
Speaker 5: And so I was having trouble kind of connecting how people felt that was her abandoning some sort of loyalty, you know what I'm saying. But when you paint it that way when you say my friend of ten years, you know what I'm saying, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I can see I can see that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, have y'all ever made a mistake? Right? And you were?
Speaker 3: You were dead ass wrong at the top of the world telling you you were wrong. We friends is gonna say it one on one, But it's so much different when it's on television. It's around girls that you don't you know, don't like you, right, So it's like female friendship.
Speaker 2: Women's relationships are so delicate.
Speaker 3: They really are you guys, like I would love to know how a male friendship feels. Male to male friendships feel because women's friendships are so delicate. We can see someone and like go and that's it. The bitch looked me up and down?
Speaker 2: What's good? And really I was looking at your shoes.
Speaker 3: And that's one thing about women that I wish we could do better at, Like we will take we will look at every little thing as is that a flight? Were you siding with her and not me? I'm just trying to get people in the mindset of what they may be feeling. But then Cynthia is left kind of holding the bag by herself. Her girl's not there and she's got to kind of clean it up and kind of you know, I don't envy Cynthia's position because she's got to like make you know, be understanding to Cynthia, I mean to brit which I love that she's doing that, and also kind of ride for her friend a little bit, even though her friend was wrong. That's a difficult place to be, you know what I mean, Like you go too far to the one thing. Oh, you're signing with Kenya, you go to startup he Oh you're you're dissing Kenya because you're over there being too key key with Britain.
Speaker 2: It's a difficult position. So I love that.
Speaker 3: I do feel like Cynthia is coming from a pure place. But people may not read it that way. But I do think she's coming from I think she has all the intentions I do.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know he kind of went around the I know I talked a lot about that, but.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's it's it's listen, it's real. It's real, because listen, let's have a real conversation. A lot of times when reality stars are on television, a lot of their conversations are are them thinking, how is this going to appear to the world or to the people watching.
Speaker 4: Let's be real, I'm gonna I'm gonna be more real. Okay.
Speaker 1: I sometimes have to make sure I don't make a face or laugh when something's funny, because I have tons of friends in this business, and I sometimes feel like, well shit, I can't even laugh at a funny joke because I don't want that person to feel like, well, damn, Carlos, isn't that funny?
Speaker 4: But I'm like, well shit, I got a funny bone. Am I wrong? F having a funny bone? Am I wrong for.
Speaker 1: Somebody cracking a joke? So I agree with you, Claudia. I do think Cynthia is in a rock and a hard place because when you sometimes have friendships in this business and people are watching. I know for a fact that a lot of housewives watch mon than I live.
Speaker 4: Let's have a real conversation, and I do sometimes.
Speaker 1: Feel like it is awkward if somebody cracks a joke and I laugh at it, is that person going to be mad at me?
Speaker 4: So I greet the Qualuitia.
Speaker 1: I think it's very interesting. It's a very interesting dynamic. That's why, in my opinion, I don't think what Cynthia did was wrong at all. I don't think what she did was wrong because Cynthia was in the moment operating as Cynthia Denise Bailey, and.
Speaker 4: I think the audience needs.
Speaker 1: To accept the fact that you want somebody to play real in the moment and not play real, So y'all don't fucking read them on social media, right.
Speaker 3: And I think people are feeling a way because she has the history with Kenya and she just met Britt, so people looking at it like it shouldn't be fifty to fifty, it should be more, you know, but more loyalty, more to your friend. I think that's why people are like kind of like coming for Cynthia a little bit. And like I said, I don't envy the position that Cynthia is in because no matter what you try, like, hey, I understand BRIT's feelings.
Speaker 2: I was in the moment. No, no one deserves that.
Speaker 3: Then it's like, my friend was wrong and she's not here anymore, and I got to get along with these girls. I have to film with these girls for the next few few months. But then I do take offense. I didn't like what my friend did. That is not an easy and I just want people to know that that is not an easy position for anyone to be on, no matter what y'all say at home on the couches, like it would never be perfect enough for everyone.
Speaker 4: It really would.
Speaker 5: Also, if I'm not as long as I'm remembering this correctly, the person that Cynthia said she didn't agree with what Kenya did to was Kenya herself, right, I don't remember seeing Kenya Eric Cynthia, excuse me have a conversation saying Kenya was wrong to the other ladies. Unless I'm forgetting am I I remember her saying that to Kenya on the spot, So like, that's why I don't understand how people are acting as if she has trashed Kenya on the show trash or anything.
Speaker 6: She didn't. You know what I'm saying that she said.
Speaker 5: Something to Kenya, and I think people just want her to be more. I don't know what they want, so I'm not gonna speak anybody else. I just know per what I saw on the screen, I agree with you and Carlos. I do think Cynthia was in a peculiar position, and I think she did the best with what she had to work with.
Speaker 3: And also this stuff happened months ago, right, so they could be very much past things, right, and then here comes social media and Twitter, and then you're trending.
Speaker 2: Oh you're not loyal, you're not this, and then they retweet.
Speaker 3: They find old tweet from Ninni and repost that and oh she liked this comment, she must be feeling a way, and they reignited. I remember when on Housewives, me and Portia I worked through some stuff that we had and then we went to the Philippines and all this stuff happened. But it's like, you're cool, and then a confessional plays of something that's months old, and then you're back to square one, and it's really hard. It really affects your real friendships, like it really does. It's very hard to give the perfect answer because there is none.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is the one. There is the one.
Speaker 1: And since from the topic of Brett, I would like to say this, I am going to need to see more from Britt. I am let's have a real conversation all of us. I think you too, Claudia episode one, we were all like, we like all the girls, and we all like Britt. And I want to be very clear when I say this. It's interesting to me. And we'll get to Angela Oakley in a second, because I really want to talk about Angela Oakley. I think Britt started off strong, and I'm just being honest. Britt is going to have to give me more than what she's giving because she's she's losing me. It's giving lost, it's giving milk cart and tease, it's giving missing Lifetime Specials is giving Angela Baston nine to one one is giving Let's put out an APB. Where are you? We're in the world is Carmen san Diego. I don't know where you are. I'm lost at sea, you know I I I'm not. Britt isn't giving anything that makes me want to root for her. This is outside of the Kenya thing, because we already talked about that.
Speaker 4: So let's be very clear.
Speaker 1: Prior to the Kenya incident at the hair salon, I felt that brit started high and was sliding down a downward slope, and I just.
Speaker 4: I need, I need, I need more.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not feeling anything from her. I don't feel anything from her. I don't feel any personal story from her. I don't know what's happening in your marriage. I seeing you shop for the expensive car and not buy like Kim Zosiak did episode one, season one where she said, you know, hey, big Papa, I want to escalate and Kim zosiac honey got that check book out from Wells Fargo and and and zero out after dealership. She zeroed out for sixty five thousand dollars. I was there and witnessed it with my own eyeballs.
Speaker 3: Not a test ride with with with no credit application, like what were doing.
Speaker 2: I'm talking at.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see that on my TV screen.
Speaker 6: We did not.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see that.
Speaker 6: I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And the problem is the situation with Kenya and Britt popped off before the viewers got a chance to really get to know Bread at all. Right, so it feels like we jumped right into the Kenya stuff.
Speaker 6: It got really, really deep fast.
Speaker 5: Kenya was removed from the show, and now Britt is still talking about the incident with Kenya and cleaning going to her experience with that and measuring the other ladies. I guess just just judging the other ladies bit off of their opinions with that situation. To me, Britt made a critical mistake right there, because once Kenya was removed from the show, Britt literally had the clean slate.
Speaker 6: She asked for.
Speaker 5: She could have approached the show from a place of wanting to connect with these ladies, like, now that we have this situation settled according to the production of this show, let me now shift my focus to like getting to know these ladies and building these relationships.
Speaker 6: And that simply didn't happen.
Speaker 5: That's what Angela was talking about when she said, but brig your energy when you came to that peace brunch that we threw to kind of build that bridge, you know, in Kenya's absence, and now that we have to get to know each other differently, let's do it. Brit didn't necessarily walk into that situation with a spirit of, you know, camaraderie or getting to know building a relationship with these ladies, and I think that's the difference. Right, brit could have easily moved on from that situation as far as pertaining to the relationships on the cast.
Speaker 6: She could have still processed her very.
Speaker 5: Real emotions and feelings connected to that experience, right, But she could have then pivoted as far as her presence on the show and build relationships with these ladies, had fun moments where you're not discussing your feelings about the Kenya shit, and created real relationships and kind of existed beyond the breakdown of the Kenya situation. But unfortunately, she is attaching herself to the victimhood of her, of that position of what happened to her, and expecting the other ladies to handle her with kid gloves because of that, and I just don't see that painting out well for her for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Very deep and great take, as always, And my answer to that is, she doesn't have the emotional intelligence to do any of those things you said.
Speaker 2: She doesn't. She's a one trick pony. She's not.
Speaker 3: She has no depth to her and wait, if she does, she refuses to show us. So even if there were some of us that wanted to give her take a second look at her, we there's nothing there. You're angry every single episode. You're easily triggered. You want to call other people victims, but you're the queen of all victimhood and everything is because everything that went bad for you in your life is because you're so beautiful, and everyone's jealous of you.
Speaker 2: I don't see it that way.
Speaker 3: I don't see it that there's plenty of beautiful women that have lots of girlfriends in their lives. If you don't believe me, take a look at my Instagram page and see all the beautiful friends that I hang with.
Speaker 2: Every one of those girls are girls girls. You're not a girl's girl.
Speaker 3: The only time you bond with other women, brit is when they're being mean, like you at that table when they were like kind of everyone was coming for Angela.
Speaker 2: You jumped in.
Speaker 3: You was all into it and the way your eyes lit up, that's all you have. Your depth is or a watch BBL watch two big veneers a botch knows job and a batch personality a lack of and y'all could be mad at me.
Speaker 2: And the comments.
Speaker 3: Do not take it out on Dust and Carlos because they did not say it, you know, and they're like, oh, you hate her. I don't hate her, but she's very obnoxious to me. And she got an opportunity of a lifetime right and did not take the opportunity seriously.
Speaker 2: Like, even with.
Speaker 3: All her her flaws, which we all have flaws, we could have loved her through them. Had she had chosen a different approach, and we would be like a leive Ra Lowe and that booty a job that bad.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cute, you know. The ant look is coming back. I don't know, or.
Speaker 3: Big teeth are cute, I don't know whatever, or I don't know. Nasally sounds they're they're sexy.
Speaker 6: I did say that was her quirk.
Speaker 3: Remember, But because you're doing all this other funck shit, it's annoyed. Everything else about you that's annoying is like it's gonna be it's force multiplied. Okay, you are dropping the ball. Show us your relationship with your husband, talk about rumors that you y'all have to y'all have out there.
Speaker 2: Let us fall in love with you because we.
Speaker 3: Can relate to who can't relate to the high school or the young twenty something year old person that made a huge mistake and has learned from it. But you just get nasty. Your first defense, Your first instinct is to be mean, bitchy and want to fight and talk about you got a gun and bitch this this is and comfort people. You've been talking shit about people from the beginning like you.
Speaker 2: It was too soon for that, And if you were.
Speaker 3: Smart, you could have played this Kenya thing right, if you really want to be a victim, you could have talked about how bad it hurt you.
Speaker 2: It brought up bad memories.
Speaker 3: And I want to go, I want to deal with these things, hod On, But you want to be that bitch. And I'm gonna rita bitch down your like surface level housewife.
Speaker 2: This is season what sixteen seventy sixteen.
Speaker 3: The show is so far evolved past that, and you are missing the boat and you will not be asked back next year.
Speaker 2: You will not.
Speaker 3: I'm a betting woman and I'm putting money on that. And the way I look at it is with Kenya's flaws, we lost Kenya for this. We lost Kenya for this. You don't even give good reads. Your one note mean, mean, mean, and you could be mean because a lot of housewives that are mean, but they also have some balance with sometimes having some sense. And you say, I get why she's like that. Her mom did this, her man did that. She has abandonment issues. There's nothing redeeming that we can chere for with you, Britt, And I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: Actually, Oh well, that's I don't think any of us are questioning that.
Speaker 2: And I love you, I liked you from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think Listen, this is the mistake that a lot of new reality starts making.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna call it out.
Speaker 1: Listen, It's okay to join a very popular, successful show that can catapul your career.
Speaker 4: Shit, do it. I'm here for it. You know.
Speaker 1: The mistake that new reality stars make is you try to be the moment instead of letting the moment be you, instead of letting the moment be you.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna give you a good example of this.
Speaker 1: Bridge started, I said in my first recap, I said, Kelly and Britt At terms of newbies, I'm like, they neck connect to me, right. I never want to mention Angela Oakley's name. For the first three four episodes, I was like, oh, she's there, cute, Ain't mad at it?
Speaker 4: But whatever, right, whatever.
Speaker 1: Angela Oakley is the quintessential housewife and reality star. If there was a trophy, Angela Oakley deserves Rookie of the Year. And I'm gonna tell you why. I'm gonna tell you why. Angela Oakley came in as herself. She didn't come in strong, She didn't come in being messy. She she she gradually grew and by by no design, besides being herself. And when I cast reality stars from my own shows, they always ask me first season, what do I do?
Speaker 4: Ask any of them, I say, be yourself. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you don't understand being yourself is the most important thing to do, because the audience is gonna clock you when you're trying to do the most. Angela Oakley is giving us old school housewives. And this is coming from a producer who started season one, episode one okay, and and almost I almost dropped down on this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Too oo spicy.
Speaker 1: We we wanted, we wanted Angela Oakley since season three and and and.
Speaker 4: They turned us down. We ask again, four, five, six, eight, and nine.
Speaker 1: And that's all I remember because I was I left the show after season nine, but while I was on the show, Angela's Oakley name constantly came up. Charles Oakley is an NBA legend. He's not a fake boyfriend, he's not a fake husband. He he's not too big to give camera time on the show to support his lady. I'm sick and tired of these new reality he starts having rules. Well, that's that's too real. Excuse me. I don't want to give you all that. My husband has a real important job and this ain't one. This ain't one.
Speaker 4: Angela Oakley is the rookie of the year.
Speaker 1: Angela Oakley has so much potential because she has proven to the world that when you operate as yourself, the world will catch on eventually. I called off to her two weeks ago and said, Kelly, I still love you, girl.
Speaker 4: But Sissy pooh, no, Shade says.
Speaker 1: Especially after this episode tonight, Kelly, and I love you.
Speaker 4: Kelly. You are number two.
Speaker 1: Asla Oakley's number one child, we are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Asla Oakley's number one she is.
Speaker 4: She is so.
Speaker 1: Naturally delicious to watch because I believe everything she's giving and I want more.
Speaker 3: I think she's better than all the old school geez and just as good, if not better than the majority of them. But what she's like, she doesn't react, she's like she's not she has emotional intelligence, she doesn't jump the gun, she can stand on business.
Speaker 2: She's I want to know. She much she got. I want to know her sign. She could be one versus the entire cast. I don't care. I'm standing on business.
Speaker 3: I don't need backup because I believe this to be true and that's it is what it is. And I like a woman like that. I'm gonna tell y'all. Son I sent her a DM. I was a fan and a half. I said, Yo, you are killing it. You are doing your thing, you are perfectly just the way you carry yourself everything. And she's like, oh that means a lot, you know, come from She's she gave me love. And I was like, listen, I fucked with you. I said, you gotta watch the show tonight because we don't give you a Flowers Angela Oakley, any franchise you could get on any any Beverly Hills, New York. You would, you would, You would rock because you would not swayed by what other people are doing. You don't use anger and violence just because you do. You lack vocabulary, and you wait, you you fire back like a good read to me is when someone throws something at you and you remix it and you throw back at him using their own words.
Speaker 5: She has that ability. She's witty. She's quick witted, she's quick on her feet. She does measure and control her emotions in a way that makes the show easier to watch for the fans. We don't have to decipher a lot of inaudible yelling and shit. She has a smile on her face while she addresses conflict. It is a fun experience watching Angela Oakley on this show, and no wonder, Carlos, I'm so glad you shared with us that the show had been kind of inquiring about her since season three. It makes perfect sense to us. I've seen so much commentary where people have the takeaway that she could have lasted with the old girls, or you know, she could have been on the show. Now we know she was supposed she was offered at least interest. That's her being on the show back then, and it makes perfect sense. I love Angela Oakley. She had me ats what she was calling his name, and she's in ad mirror that she called his name the way my mother called my father's name when I was growing up, and it just made me feel like I was at home.
Speaker 6: I love Angela Oakley. I want much more.
Speaker 5: From her, and honestly, I can't wait till the reunion because her and brit were going back and forth online had they exchanged a few words, and Angela's response was, the reunion is going to be so fun, so we're in for a treat. Angela Oakley got what it takes and I'm enjoying her. I'm enjoying Kelly.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I think Kelly is cute. I like looking at her. I think she's a good mom, and I think that she is a formidable housewives. She shows up as ready to play the housewives game and not in a way that some other housewives from other franchises have made us feel with less than authentic takes at what's going on in their life. I'm really enjoying this new season of Atlanta. I wish Kenya was there, but I'm personally moving past that as far as my viewership, you know what I'm saying. Like, I'm paying attention to the stories that we're being presented with, and I'm really really enjoying everything about this season. So I love me some Angela Oakley. I think she is great for this show. You need a clock. I think she's great. Like she told you, it's just it's everything we want so I'm enjoying.
Speaker 2: She's the sun.
Speaker 4: Know she she she She's great.
Speaker 1: So Angela also invited Drew to Porsia's birthday trip. Drew came in and said, Hobbie, bitches, listen, it's funny because Drew has been funny to me these past two episodes. I first of all, Drew, whoever is your glam squad, keep them, give them a raised baby.
Speaker 4: Or a good a good tip.
Speaker 6: She's looking you are looking.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, My good sister, Drew looks amazing. So, long story short, Drew comes on the trip. Porsha is okay with this. She's like, look, if she wants to come, that's fine. Things went to a had after we saw Porsche have a fun conversation with Dennis, her child's father, and then the next thing we know, Porscha came down to all black and she was visibly upset. Porsia did say her confessionals that she just learned as she was getting ready to go to the dinner that Dennis was filming with Drew behind her back, and Porsche feels like, you are the father of my child.
Speaker 4: We are family for life. So the fact that.
Speaker 1: You would go behind my back on my territory, my job and film with somebody who now is understood to be one of her ops.
Speaker 4: Were that were learning right?
Speaker 1: She felt that was the ultimate low and she couldn't get past it.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 1: Do you think Dennis filming with Drew behind Porscha's back is bad?
Speaker 5: It depends on what him and Porsche had agreed to pertaining to that. Now him and Drew are in real business together. They did actually produce, you know, and I'm not sure if it's classified as an EP or an album, but they put a body of work together musically and released it for consumption, right, So that means that they had to spend some sort of time together to get that done. And if that is what's going on in Drew's life and she wants to document it, I don't see a problem with that. Where the problem comes in it is if Dennis and Porsche had already established some sort of rule I guess, which is what Porscha has been alluding to that he would only film on the show as an extension of her participation as a cast member.
Speaker 6: That makes sense to me too.
Speaker 5: Dennis is Porscha's daughter's father, so he's a part of her story. If he goes into business with someone like Drew or someone else, that's still an extension of Porscha's story to me in my head, because he's there because of Porsche, and so I can understand why she might want to contain his scenes where he appears on camera to be a part of what she brings to the show, especially when she's with her being in a position where she already can't necessarily like film. I guess in a marital home that she shared with Simon Gobadia, there was a handicap as far as what she could do or offer to the show. So I can see her kind of gatekeeping the pieces, you know what I'm saying, that she has to use in her arsenal, and I can understand why that would be off putting for her. The problem is that Portia's history and what we know about her makes it her for a lot of the viewers to give a fuck about her feeling like somebody like stepped into her area when it comes to a man, because that's what people feel like she did with Simon, and so it's difficult for people to be pathetic toward her with that situation.
Speaker 2: I try to put myself.
Speaker 3: I called Mimi up and I asked her about it, and she was like, yeah, she would feel a way if a cast member was filming with her baby daddy. And I get it, But what about so I do want to stand that, like how that'd be like annoying?
Speaker 2: But is it wasn't Drew your friend for years?
Speaker 3: Like if one of my if my girl Chancey was filming with my ex or whatever, or if I had a child by Tapa, of course I would need her to have conversation with me or talk to me about it.
Speaker 2: But isn't it.
Speaker 3: Isn't it talk online that she did know and she's actually playing it like she doesn't know.
Speaker 6: Now, Oh I don't know. I haven't seen it. That's what people are saying.
Speaker 1: No, that's not yeah, I saw that. I just want to say for the record, that is not true. Listen, what when So in episode one, the reason why Porsche came in guns Blazing is because she learned weeks or slash months prior to even filming the first episode that Drew and Dennis were working. It's one thing to know that your baby daddy is working with an artist on your show.
Speaker 4: Okay, y'all in the studio. That is my job.
Speaker 1: I think it's different when the baby daddy comes on your job site and films with somebody who is considered your op. So I'm a Porsche when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: Was she her op or she became the op because she filmed with her baby dad?
Speaker 2: She wasn't her op right now?
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Episode one, she said you are you are a low down dirty be words and then and then and then what we saw was a few weeks later, Drew and Dennis in the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's the messenger. Honestly, it's the messenger. Like, for sure, you're tripping on your baby daddy. That was about two threes ago. Okay, you had a whole cookout where you had your baby daddy, Simon all one big thing you had. First you had Dennis on the show, then you had Simon on the show, and now it's like, I don't know. I feel like with Porscha, she has double standards with people, which I guess we all do. Right, when it's done to us, it's a big deal, like no, but when we do it to other people, we it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: You understand where I'm coming from.
Speaker 3: I just think Porsche and Dennis and Drew probably need to have a scene. Drew needs to reassure Porsche there is nothing going on. Yes, I should have asked your permission or your blessing before we did this. I could see why that would not be funny, because I'm sure she wouldn't like someone doing that, would with the man in the basement, Ralph, Ralph, you know, I do get that. I think this is another incident of two things being true at.
Speaker 2: The same time. Some people are having a hard.
Speaker 3: Time being empathetic to Porschae because they they're bringing up her history and what she has done to other women and other wives multiple and that's why they're like, eh, but you did this right, And then others are like, no, I totally understand why she would feel a way, but you know, Portia is showing her ass in this episode, and not in a good way, not in a donkey booty Stallion sought away like she's I feel like because she's crashing out because she doesn't have the big storyline she thought she's gonna have and filming in the house she wants she wanted to be that girl, and she should have been that girl, but that was snatched away from her from Simon Gabadia, can't film in the house, put all these restrictions on her, didn't have the ending she thought she'd have, So now she instead of leaning into her own interesting story, which you know, the breakup would be interesting. And I think Dustin you said this, she has to be a second rate mean girl. Now you're piling on with other women. You're teaming up with Britt to be mad mean to other women on the show, and it's making you look like a friend of the show. I said this last week, and I don't care who whatever, I'll say it again. You are funny Porsche. Back when we were friends, I remember texting you like when you got disgination.
Speaker 2: You are funny.
Speaker 3: This is good for you when we see that about you.
Speaker 2: We love that Porsche. That is a Porscha.
Speaker 3: That is fun and we want to watch on television all this moody mood swinging, not gonna talk stuff.
Speaker 2: That's okay, do it if you want to.
Speaker 3: But you are a snoozevest and this and your biggest moment on this episode was Angela over here, and you talking up fucking her husband. And for someone who already has this reputation, you sure are not doing a good job of digging yourself or changing the narrative about you. I clocked Tea back in season seven.
Speaker 2: People thought I was a hater.
Speaker 3: It ended up being true. You had the thing with Fallon. You're at this girl's house. Whatever the relationship was, took. You did take the man, okay whatever. He of course was a willing participant. If you want to get away from this narrative, you don't use Oh, I was drunk and then talk about a cast member who is married, I should go fuck her husband, and no, world.
Speaker 2: Is that cool.
Speaker 3: I don't care if you like her or you don't. That is not cool, Porsche. And the way you are so angry at Drew for filming scenes not fucking, not talking about fucking. She ain't even flooting with your baby that she's making it very clear. He's a light, he's we're working together. I'm not even worried about him. The way you're so angry about that, and then the way you know you want all this grace for Oh, I was just drunk. It's the math a mathon and I think you're making a fool out of yourself.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's been a couple of moments this season.
Speaker 5: It's akin to Porscha's takeaway after Shemiah.
Speaker 6: The rest of the ladies.
Speaker 5: And all the viewers were confused with her reaction to Shamia is seen never had and her saying that's Drue, that ain't you.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And then afterwards when when Porsche offered up some sort of explanation, it was just well, it wasn't Shade. That was just me being Porsche. It's just just a moment. It wasn't shady. Well, now she's doing that again with this comment she made about Charles Oakley. Although she was drunk, they were off camera, they was talking shit around the pool, so maybe she felt that, you know, it was a little more private. I guess it wasn't for the show, but it was for the show because literally they were talking on set at the cast house on this Girl's trip.
Speaker 6: And if you pay attention to the footage.
Speaker 5: That that good old Angela provided from her cell phone, you see Porsha immediately exit the conversation once Angela came out. I think a camera may have come down and Porscha walks right out of the scene and she says, well, I'm not I'm not on camera, and she walks off.
Speaker 6: So I think she was speaking freely amongst her friends.
Speaker 5: There's conversations that the three of us will have that don't make it to the live you know what I'm saying, So respect that part of the game. But it's what she said. It's not the fact that it was a private conversation. It's what she said talking about she better be careful for our fuck her husband. And you already know they got this, this reputation, this stigma attested to your name. You already know, especially when it comes to other women that you're on the show with, it's not a good look. And I think she just got caught up, you know what I'm saying, because now she said it, So they got to work through that on the show. You see it happen.
Speaker 3: You can't be mad about Drew filming with your baby daddy while you made a threat to fuck a cast member's husband.
Speaker 2: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 3: And Portia, haven't you learned your lesson with hot MIC's after the whole Bolo situation. Need I remind y'all of that situation where they was on a trip and you know, I remember hearing about there was a mike and catching some stuff that was going on, Like you know better. You're a veteran in this reality game. You've been in reality television for a long time, and it's too too many years for you to just be like, well, I was drunk, No a drunk, A young mouth.
Speaker 2: What is a drunk mouth?
Speaker 4: So my mind.
Speaker 3: And you've been throwing shade about Charles Oakley a little bit earlier too, so that made it worse.
Speaker 5: Angela's dinner. That was Angela's dinner where she said that.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, now, if Angela would have acted the way Portia used to act, she would have dragged her and had a physical altercation with already. But she's not, and she would be within her rights to do something like that. If I'm gonna show in some girl that I'm not that cool with talked about she gotta be kept by far fuck her husband. I'm gonna fuck you up, and that's that's all that is to it. And they gonna be two motherfuckers kicked off the show, not one, because there ain't no way you gonna talk about fucking mind and then say, oh, it was a joke, and then you're mad about this girl for filming with her real producer. So I'm sorry, Carlos. I know we're making you incredibly uncomfortable right now.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm not uncomfortable. That is all opinion, right, And listen, you got talking about what you've seen on the show, and that's our job to talk about what we see in the show. So look, obviously, look, it wasn't a great moment. I think we all can say that. I'm honest with my friends. I sold Kenya personally didn't like what you did. I love you anyway, this is what it is. Listen, it wasn't a great moment. I don't think I Listen, we haven't heard from Porsche how she feels about it. And you know, she does have a YouTube channel, Porsche for a reel, the Number four Reel, and make sure y'all subscribe, because maybe she'll talk about it. I would like to see how she feels about it based on the realization of what was said. She did say in her interview she doesn't remember anything, Yeah, implying Hennessy, which you know that was funny. You know whatever, but listen, it's not the greatest moment, right. And I think even Porsche can say like, yikes on the bikes, right, So there's no dispute there. What I will say is this because you brought us something earlier, Claudia that I would like to touch on when it comes to Porscha's position on this show. Porsche is a fun girl, but going through a divorce is not fun, right, And I think for me, as somebody who has worked with women throughout my career who's gotten through a divorce on their shows, I have learned how difficult that process is, and you are not in the right mindframe to even film. I'm not making excuses. I'm calling things how they are right. When it comes to Porsche this season, a lot of people are wondering when is fun Porscha coming back? And what I do think would help us be remindful of is the fact that she was going through a divorce. Simon was posting almost every day more than the Shade Room Neighborhood Talk Jasmine Brand bossa Ballahler does. He was posting on a consistent regular basis. He was he was harassing her, he was trying to get a rise out of her. He was trying to distract her, and he was trying to stop her bags, to send a cease and desist on your vehicle, to send a cease and desist on filming on in the house. He was doing everything in his power to prevent this woman from being the Porsche that we've grown to love. And what we're not seeing, obviously, is what Porsche does when she goes through the divorce. I was filming with her season six when she was going through a divorce with the Cordell.
Speaker 4: It was her first divorce. Obviously, she gave everything and more to that show. That season.
Speaker 1: We were there when the boxes were delivered and she was sad because the frame of the wedding phuttol was broken. She got a knife and cut the phone, not the phone, but Lord gezd the wedding photo album. And then she moved to Duluth and she didn't tell Nini, and Nini said, you're a bad friend because you moved to the de lu child. Porsche does give us a lot when she is going through divorce. I think what we what we have to remember is her estrange husband blocked that from happening, and what you're seeing as a woman who is going through something so devastating, not only on the show, but she was going through that shit on social media. Cordell, to his credit, to his credit, he never once did that to her while she was filming. And when it comes to us not seeing the fun Porsche, what I'm saying is there's nothing fun or funny happening to her in real time.
Speaker 4: And I think it's unfortunate that even.
Speaker 1: She signed on to do the show while married trying to give us that, and then she was swept under rug when she discovered some of.
Speaker 4: The alleged alleged issues that signing was going through.
Speaker 1: So I understand what people are saying in terms of why we're not seeing the fun Porsche. I would like to offer up it's because she's being prevented from showing us anything.
Speaker 5: Fine, that's a fair take, because facts are facts. If she is handicapped from giving it her all, that's just what that means. We're not going to get a completely, you know, accurate depiction of her personality. She's going through some shit. My thing is just go through this shit then, and let us just see that. Take it back to season six and let us see as much as it can as you can film at the end of that driveway. This is my damn house that Baskett said. I can't come in here, but this is where I'm supposed to be living, and I hate it. Tear the mailbox up. Let's film that, you know what I'm saying, Show us what that looks like. Being in the valley of grieving your divorce and having a crazy acting ass ex husband is the fame and attention hungry, which is why he's trying to stop you from moving forward with the thing that he wanted to be a part of the most. I don't know, Simon, but it seems like all he gave a fuck about was being on camera and being a part of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, and now that his divorce with Porsche took that opportunity away from him, I think he's trying to take the opportunity away from her. And that's why you don't marry people you don't know, because they turn on you just like that. They are now mortal enemies, and he's trying to take away her fucking livelihood.
Speaker 6: That woman has a.
Speaker 5: Daughter, whether her father, her daughter's father is in the picture or not. Porsha wants to take care of her kid, and you said you loved her, So to me, it's just fucked up to turn to that sort of those sort of tactics like where you act like you literally don't give a fuck about the person. That's a very nasty, ugly space that to me, is derived from a choice that was made to enter marriage with some motherfucker that you don't know. Porscha has literally said she did not know him, She did not know that these alleged issues were as pressing as they ended up being and as detrimental to their union as it was. So I don't know. To me, just the way y'all know, I like keeping the player. The way that he's went about all of that shit was disgusting to me and it was my worst And I don't want to be attest to nobody like that, Nobody that's a that's hungry for the attention, willing to play to the comments, try to persuade, you know, our sway, public.
Speaker 6: Opinion and shit.
Speaker 5: To me, that is a It is a endless battle that you will never win, and it reflects a lack of maturity to me, And so I don't want to be a test to nobody like that, and I.
Speaker 6: People say it's karma.
Speaker 5: People say, Poorscha gott what she deserved for the way that she entered into that relationship. But what we know for sure is that Simon made it very difficult for her after she chose to end their relationship. And that's the reality of it for me. So I can actually give her some grace for what you just offered up, Carlos, because I do think that that would be a lot.
Speaker 6: For a person to go through. While you're feeling the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a lot to go through. But look at Drew.
Speaker 3: Drew's going through a divorce too, and she still manages to find some fun and she's got her man in the cellar and it's extremely uncomfortable, Okay, she got the man underneath the stairs, okay, and she has to steal. She still is providing fun. She's given us some good one liners. Did you sell the Cat? I feel like we baby Porscha a lot. She's been coddled since she's got on the show, like she's a child and she's not, and sometimes we forget that she's actually a grown ass woman. She is And here's my thing, all those things, Dustin, you just said about Simon, so spot On, so true. They were definitely red flags. And guess what all of this could have been avoided. If Porsia would have asked her good friend, her friend Fallon, about her husband, she could have found out how bad he was.
Speaker 4: But Claudia, Claudia, there were friends.
Speaker 2: No Carlos, I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Let's be Claudia and Dustin never talked about this.
Speaker 4: Let's talk. They were not friends.
Speaker 3: If she would have enough for her to see that that was a Listen, I talked to Ellen, Okay, I talked to Phone.
Speaker 2: I've hung out with Fallon, and Felon has taught.
Speaker 4: Me listen, I don't know. Foulon. Fallon is stunning. Fall Fallon needs to chuck like why we acting like?
Speaker 3: Why are we acting like she just because she wasn't besties with Fallon?
Speaker 2: Well she didn't know or that you know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I want I want us to have a real conversation about this, and listen, let's have a healthy discussion.
Speaker 3: About Hey, I had to say my friend was wrong. Kenya Moore, you fucked up and you messed up your own bag by doing what you did. Okay, Carlos, you gotta tell your friend. She the Queen of thought, Landia, the self we clean queen of thought Landia.
Speaker 2: She keeps she has the comment.
Speaker 4: No no, no no.
Speaker 1: I said, the comment she made about Charles was not good. I said that, and that's why I said I would like to see what she has to.
Speaker 4: Say about it. I don't think. I don't think she I want to.
Speaker 1: Be shocked at Port said, I said, And.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think she'll say, look the Hainey got to me. I didn't know why I said it. I had a drug night. It is what it is, not, not my finest moment, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about I really want to have a real conversation about this because it's put out there and I would like to know, in my opinion, her and Fallon did I say it right this time?
Speaker 2: Fallon?
Speaker 1: You said, Fallent, Hey, Fallon, baby, you're you're beautiful. Her and Fallon are not friends in terms of what I could see. I didn't work on that show that that season. Her and Sham are our friends. Her and Cynthia are friends. Faedra and her are friends. The list goes on and on. I understand how the options could look that way based on the introduction of the show, but we all know on the show, not all, but some you are introducing somebody right before you put a microphone on and say hey, you're gonna go but so and so a house and film with them. So I do think unfortunately, and this is why, no, Shade, let's have a real conversation reality stars.
Speaker 4: Don't co sign somebody you.
Speaker 1: Can't co sign, just like Dustin said, don't marry somebody you don't know that, well, don't co sign somebody on the show, and that we ain't that much of her friends.
Speaker 4: I like her, She's cool.
Speaker 1: I think it's unfortunate because I do think it's this scarlet letter that Portia stole her friend's man, as if she stole Gerald from Shemiah. And I really don't think that's fair to say she stole her friends man.
Speaker 4: Now, if you want to say.
Speaker 1: I think the way you went about it wasn't cool, then let's have a conversation about that. But I think to apply the F word friend I think is not I don't think that should be applied to this. Again.
Speaker 3: All I want is an equal set of rules because it's we pick.
Speaker 2: Not you guys, but society picks and shoes.
Speaker 3: I remember, and I hate to go back to me and I, but I have to just go by my experience. See seven, when we went down to Charlotte and we saw Cordell's Stewart. I had no idea he was gonna be at that bar, and y'all was all trying to make this a thing.
Speaker 2: Can you go? Oh you?
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, I wasn't fucking with Porsche then I wasn't. I had nothing for me and your used to be cool before the show. I wasn't rocking with her.
Speaker 4: I could have been up to cut you off, not to cut you off.
Speaker 1: I want to say. Claudia is one hundred percent right. She was like, can you this because you know the girlth I was funny and to Claudia's create, I'm let her cook and her defense, Claudia was like, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 3: I would Until this day people will still say, oh, but you are going out with Porscha's X and I go First of all, we weren't friends at the time, and I still didn't do it, even to like fuck with her on the show. They wanted me to go on a date with them. I did not go on a date with them, even though clock this tea. I've been knowing Cardell since nineteen ninety nine. We didn't stay in touch. Like there was a time he wanted to take me shopping and hang out as friends and I never did. Before I even knew what a Porsche was, the only Porsche I knew was nine to eleven in the Panamera that I bought, well the two that I bought, one black, one white, super Charge. Anyways, anyways, I didn't know her like that, and I had every reason to be a cunt to her on y'all show, and I didn't feel right about it, you know why, because we were coworkers, and for me, a girl that does practice girl code, that was enough. So all these excuses, well, Porscha wasn't her friend. Yeah, she may not have been her friend, but she was in her circle, and to me, that is enough of a violation. If you're a girl's girl, you just don't do that. And like it's we're playing like not y'all, but we're playing when like semantics. Well, they weren't really friends. I again, you could say we were enemies on season seven. I still didn't want to do that to her because that's wrong, and I don't want her to see me fucking like gallivanting with.
Speaker 2: A man that she's going through divorce. That's just not right, y'all. We cannot we can't make that right, no matter what.
Speaker 6: It must be clear.
Speaker 5: Porscha agrees with that sentiment, because when Porscha soft launched her relationship. I guess her launched her relationship with Simon with that picture from the cookout that you're speaking of, Claudia, where it was her, Simon and Dennis in the picture in the caption. I remember Porscha referencing the optics, something about the optics. I know, the optics may be a lot for people to So she's been over from day one. When her and Simon decided to make it known that they were in relationship with each other, Porscha knew damn well when she was gonna face coming up with that. She knew what it looked like, and she knew the origin story was not something that would be palatable for most people. And she knew that, so she expected what she was gonna get, you know what I'm saying, And she expected the commentary that she was going to get which to me means she knew what she was doing.
Speaker 6: And I think I didn't feel bad for her for that piece personally.
Speaker 3: And just like brit I think we could get passes if Porscha would like stop playing in our face like we're stupid, like and I know people, oh you hate it. I don't hate her, but there's no accountability, like I think what she should have done right on all these interviews.
Speaker 2: Great to sit down with Tam and Hall and say.
Speaker 3: You know what, what I did was wrong, and I like to take this opportunity to apologize a felon because you know, as a married woman, I wouldn't want someone doing this to me. And now I feel the pain of divorce again for the second time. And I think Black people are very forgiving if you if you confront it and say, hey, I fucked up, But if you just carry on with arrogance like you didn't do anything wrong and just be cute and just no, like you've never been accountable. So now people are trying to come from the show Angela's aster, Kelly's aster because she's never really had to face it, and I think a lot of people thought her coming back to the show this year was going to be Kenya holding her accountable and we would get that storyline, and we never did.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Portia, we're not friends.
Speaker 3: I don't have to keep saying that this is not about me and you, but I will say, as an outsider looking in that does commentary and just watches, you have a very fun personality when you choose to not be moody, right and not be bitchy. You could take this thing head on. Sit down with the Carlos King, sit down with someone you trust and own it. Own it and tell us why. And I guarantee you we we won't be able to keep using it against you if you own it and just put it.
Speaker 2: Put it to bed. That's all.
Speaker 3: Kenya own it, and then we put it to bed. Britt own it, then we put it to bed. We don't like when you just people keep playing in our faces, like the phasor parts of the world that just keep on like Noah, never never owning up to anything they've ever done.
Speaker 2: You got at some point say hey, you know what I lied.
Speaker 3: I lied and I don't know why I lied, or I lied because of this, and then we can move on because you're wasting a good personality being in this box and until you free yourself from that scandal, people will always be able to use that against you. Porsche, and you, I think are more than that.
Speaker 5: I think you're gonna interview Porscha Carlos. So you start smiling when Claudia say that shit, I saw that clothes mouth smiled. I mean you in the lab, so what's going on?
Speaker 6: Probably Carlos, what's up?
Speaker 4: Look? I would love the opportunity to interview. Of course, I would love the opportunity.
Speaker 6: Can me and Claudia come?
Speaker 3: She don't want me to, you know, ago through a guy that she was dealing with that I won't say. And we were all in Miami having a good time. Then some rich Africans came. Then she was all about them over there, and I still didn't judge her or nothing like that. She was going through her thing with Cardell whatever, and I you know, I wouldn't. We ain't cool now, so it's whatever. But like I liked her personality. I thought she was fun, and then we were cool, like we don't hit each other, rap and stuff. I congratulate our indgination. But when I got on Housewives, I remember there was a conversation about coming through Housewives, through Porsche or through Kenya. They was like, and I said, they're gonna and they was like, they'll hate me if I go through Kenya.
Speaker 2: But once I filmed a scene with Kenya, it.
Speaker 3: Was over with for us. She came to the Rookies. We were at the Ricky Smiley show. She was being mean to me in the hallways and not speaking anymore, and I'm like, what the fuck happened? Just because I filmed with someone she didn't like. So I know people think that I have this animosity. There is a part of me that feels like, damn, I didn't do nothing to you. All I did was filmed with someone that someone else that I knew. And I do want you to take heed to the things I'm saying to you, Portia. It's not coming from a hateful place. It's coming from a I see you. I see much more potential than what you're giving right now. And I think you could be, like really really like a force again because you have been a force, but like you have to stop owning up to some of your bullshit. I really I believe that. And if you can receive that, fine, If you don't want to receive it. That's fine too, but women to women, I'm just saying, like, I think a couple of little adjustments can really free you forever having that scarlet letter on you, because you shouldn't have to wear it for ever.
Speaker 1: I don't think, yeah, well, look we'll see what happens in the next week episode.
Speaker 4: It did, and.
Speaker 2: I know Carlos is like, shut the fuck you are doing too much. I'm not good. I've been taking my brain pills, so I'm sure I.
Speaker 4: Will say no. The funny thing is this, I will say this.
Speaker 1: Not the beauty of us doing this Mondays is that Claudia dust it and I don't talk about anything before we go live. I have no idea what their takes are. We don't even have a production meeting. We don't brainstorm. We know we're coming in to talk about these shows, and we cook and at the end of the day listen.
Speaker 4: I always tell people this, there is beauty.
Speaker 1: In having people speak on the shows that you're on, whether it's scripted or unscripted, because it shows that there's value in what you're doing, and there's value in the work.
Speaker 4: And I strongly believe this.
Speaker 1: I strongly believe you need to be more worried about when people don't talk about you. When people don't talk about you because they don't care, that's when you should be worried. The fact that we are taking time out on a Monday to give two hours of our time to talk about these shows is great because, no shade, there was a time I didn't talk about this show only because it was nothing. I wasn't feeling anything. This is a this season of The Real Housepots Atlanta. It's an amazing season, It's an amazing cast. Everybody is clocked in. It's a great show. So listen. We all have three different takes. This is This is sort of like our version of the View, where you have three people with three different opinions who are able to have a healthy debate and still laugh at each other come tomorrow. So that's the reason why I enjoyed doing this every Monday. But Claudia and Dustin, this isn't pre planned, This isn't pre thought of.
Speaker 4: We're having fun. We have hot takes, and we the gag.
Speaker 1: Is this the moment we hang up from this, we literally don't talk about it anymore. And that and that and and and that is true. We literally hang up and we move on to other stuff.
Speaker 3: So love life, Dulphin's new apartment house, my cats.
Speaker 4: Your cats, and your your your your dream man.
Speaker 1: Who I saw a few weeks ago, So anyway, did he say, do you talk to him for me?
Speaker 4: I was busy, really.
Speaker 1: Girl, I was tied up by whom anybody you're gonna go that gonna.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So what I want to say is this next week's episode of the House Wides of Atlanta looks really good. We'll get to see a portion remembers what happened, and if and and and to Claudia and Dust's point, if she will talk about it, we didn't see in the coming contractions. Maybe they're saving again, but Cynthia Billy has her infamous Billy Q and what we do see is Angela and breaking into it.
Speaker 4: So we'll talk about that next week.
Speaker 1: Claudia, Dustin's anything you want to address before I let y'all go and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Speaker 5: No, and just look of working with my friends. So I look forward to Monday night every week. I feel so good. I feel so comfortable on this panel, which y'all know both make me feel more than confident to share my opinions and I'm grateful.
Speaker 6: So that's it. I'm about to get off of here, get high, have a good time.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying, like I'm not even this is this is something I look forward to and I'm really grateful for this job.
Speaker 6: So I just want to say thank you. I love fucking with y'all like this. I love me.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what made you ask me to come on and review Housewives after I haven't watched it in fifteen years, but I'm glad you did. Carlos and like you two are two of my favorite people out there, and it's been fun. And every week that your assistant calls me, because you know, Carlos is very busy, man, he's too busy and asked me to come back, I get so happy, like yes, of course, I'm like, they still love me to come back.
Speaker 2: So and your fans have been awesome.
Speaker 3: We've been getting attention though on blogs and some guy came out some say, try to put some allegations on me. He should have gotten the letter from my lawyer today for trying to put some stories on me that I committed some kind of mortgage fraud because I woking on brit Now they you know, they say that I had to falsify some some docs and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, sir, sir. But anyways, it's been fun.
Speaker 3: Now I'm back in the blocks because of you guys, and because for some reason, when you speak on house my shows, it like it gets a lot of attention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people are real passionate about their fandom of like those shows. It's the same with the Love and Marriage Huntsville shows. Right, these are shows that people have grown to love and really attached themselves to, like the personal stories of these cast members. So I get it, you know what I'm saying. But we're gonna pop our shit up here. That's just what it is.
Speaker 2: Carlos.
Speaker 3: People heard us and they are asking me, and I'm just a messenger. They're like, Carlos said, we're gonna, y'all gonna do something to Miami or I'm waiting to buy my ticket. When I said, you got to ask the boss.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's you know, he in the street. He busy, he got like how many shows you got right now? You busy?
Speaker 1: Listen, God is good, but listen, the beauty of this is and my range offs know this. Doesn't know this? How do you know this too? I don't make announcements, I make moves, So you know, keep keep your notification button.
Speaker 4: Make sure y'all subscribe. Make sure y'all follow all of.
Speaker 1: Us on social media, because you know that's when you'll get updates that you need to know.
Speaker 5: Yes, and we all got good shit coming up, so make sure y'all follow My brother and my sister too. Make sure all of us we all got ship coming.
Speaker 2: I'll be in the behind the tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Anybody any Vincent Saint John's out there, I'll be in the behind.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to be there today.
Speaker 1: But yes, I love it well, Dustin Claudia, I love you guys, and I'll see y'all next week.
Speaker 6: I love y'all too.
Speaker 4: Bye bye. Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcasts, is it realitywothe king dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes baby my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions. Yeah, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King.
Speaker 4: Reality with the.
Speaker 1: King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King
Speaker 4: Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,