Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Catty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, and Jettie and He Armstrong and Gutty Strong and it's the Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 3: I went to Godzilla minus one over the weekend. Had y'all heard of that, Katie, Joe Michael, anybody have you ever even heard of that?
Speaker 2: I never heard of it. I missed that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not getting the publicity that normally a blockbuster movie like a Godzilla or King Kong would get because it's not that kind of a movie at all. I just heard that there actually is. Our friend Tim Sanderfer, who is a man of letters twenty twenty six of them had impressive had tweeted out that this is the this is finally a great monster movie, Godzilla mines one. I thought, oh, okay, cool, And I was still just picturing like a regular like we've seen all the god Zilla movies, the modern ones, all the King Kong movies. We've seen Godzilla versus King Kong. We've seen Megaladon one and two, which are the stupidest movies ever made. They're they're they're they're basically Sharknato with a giant shark. More expensive cast, yeah, more expensive actors, but that's I was kind of picturing that, but like maybe better, but no, it's not at all. Godzilla Minus one is a Japanese movie subtitles black and white, and it's a hardcore art film. It's like the sort of thing they would make you watch in a college class and then you'd have to write a paper about it. It's way closer to that than a than a blockbuster movie, and so you don't hear as much about it. And uh, it was huge in Japan. It's doing pretty well in the United States. It has had some Oscar nominations. I don't know how to explain Minus one. I guess it's a translation thing. It means Japan was so far beaten down at the end of World War Two that they were like below world something.
Speaker 2: That's what the minus one means.
Speaker 3: And this movie is featured at the very end of World War two and the aftermath, when we had just reduced it to rubble, even before we dropped to the atomic bombs. It was rubble and it's featured in Tokyo mostly, and they're just people living like cavemen, the people that are still alive, scrounging for food, trying to push some boards and rocks together to have something to keep you out of the rain. You know, you're by yourself because your whole family's dead, and you team up with some old lady who the rest of her family's dead and you try to make a go of it.
Speaker 2: Is this a comedy.
Speaker 3: It's a comedy sort of in line with like sort of The Three Stooges meets Jim Carrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it is not a comedy obviously, and starring Will Ferrell exactly a lot of Will Ferrell makes a comic cameo. Jack Black plays a prominent role.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Now, it's a very heavy movie and uh long, parts of it are silent. There's not a sound, no music, nobody talking, no nothing, and it's so quiet in the theater.
Speaker 2: It's just like weird.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever been to a movie that got silent for that long before.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 3: And I'm not going to try to describe it because I couldn't, but just making the point that by the climactic scene, where like with all Godzilla King Kong movies, you know it's time to finally, like really confront the monster with your best plan to bring him down and save humanity. You know that is featured in all of those Megalodon or Jaws or whatever. When it gets to that final scene, you feel way more like you're watching Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers or something.
Speaker 2: Then you do a monster movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, like the director managed to make it like you don't even think about it being Godzilla in a giant radioactive creature that can stomp on people in crushed buildings somehow, like that doesn't even matter anymore. It's all about humanity in wartime and sticking together and overcoming adversity and just you know, it's just it's hard to explain. I thought it was phenomenal, and no longer anything seems. It doesn't even seem weird that you're like tugging at my heartstrings in a Godzilla movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, wow, that's such an interesting like union of being invested in characters and how that yeah affect that's your willingness to suspend disbelief, right, Yeah, yes, that is exactly it. I think that was like the Harry Potter formula, although that's obviously fantasy and everybody knows it well.
Speaker 3: And if this was as gritty, realistic as any movie I've ever seen, and it featured a giant monster that can crush buildings under its feet, which doesn't seem like it'd be possible in terms of the theater going experience. And there's hardly anybody at this Saturday night seven o'clock. I think there were a total of ten people in there. Wow, because nobody's heard of it, and that's an art film. And my youngest kid didn't like it much. He didn't like the reading. There's a lot of reading really fast and his reading is not quite up to and a lot of really hard words, so he just couldn't quite keep up with it. But my eighth grader loved it, thought it was really really good.
Speaker 2: It was. It was a powerful movie. But the whole movie going experience.
Speaker 3: In the modern world, everybody's got such a great TV with a cool sound system.
Speaker 2: You got that whole thing.
Speaker 3: Although I've noticed this before, I have walked out of many movie theaters in my life like rattled in some way, either like you know, down emotionally or inspired emotionally or fired up emotionally or something like that. And I don't know if that ever happens when I watch on TV. I think it probably does.
Speaker 2: I think being at home you get back to your set point a lot more quick. I think that's it.
Speaker 4: Well, and you have control to turn it off and change it. But I always feel like leaving.
Speaker 3: I always feel like a walk out of movie theaters and everybody's quiet because they're just like so affected by what you saw in.
Speaker 2: One way or another. And I never feel that way at home. H Really, I don't think anyway. Maybe there's a I think there's something about and I think I was right the first time. When you leave a movie, other than like zipping up your jacket, it all you're doing is walking to your putting on.
Speaker 3: My shoes, putting on my shoes, because I take off my shoes and socks put them.
Speaker 2: On the scene in front of me that guy, No, I do not. But that's funny. So even if you're checking your phone or whatever, you have three to five minutes where you're doing nothing but thinking about what you've just said. Maybe that's it. Whereas you know, you turn off the TV at home and then you would go do something, get the kids to bed or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, but the dude did when your kids were younger, did you buy them treats.
Speaker 2: To go to the movie occasionally? See, I grew up.
Speaker 3: In a family where we never did. It wasn't even a consideration. It's like, we're we're not getting that stuff because it's too expensive. That's fine, ye already eight, I'm not thirsty. If I'm thirsty, I'll go get a drink of water at the drinking vun.
Speaker 2: I knew a family that would hide the treats and moms purse. But yeah, you know, I used to bring out we'd we'd smuggle in uh popcorn in our pockets. Sometimes.
Speaker 3: I used to bring beer to the movies all the time. You gotta wait for a loud part. You gotta wait for god'silla to scream before you open your beer. If you open your beer during the silence, is the baby gonna die or not seen?
Speaker 4: Your girl has mastered opening a bottle of champagne in a movie.
Speaker 2: Nice style points.
Speaker 3: I remember one time when I kicked over my empty bottle of beer. And it rolled all the way down click click click, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And then what you do is you start looking around, like what is that?
Speaker 2: What You're just gonna use? Who is doing this?
Speaker 3: Somebody brought in some unauthorized food or drink and I'll.
Speaker 2: Take away if somebody would do that, and I'll see it.
Speaker 3: I think we should pause the movie and go through everybody's pockets until we can find out who this mistery into is. But I think I am gonna tell my kids, mostly for the noise reason, partly for the money reason. No, we're not doing this next time. Let's eat before we go. We can even stop and get a treat, but we're not gonna buy stuff at the theater.
Speaker 2: One. I don't want to listen to you eating and drinking. Oh right.
Speaker 3: If I took the drink away from one of my kids, like done enough, because he kept doing the at the bottom, you know, trying to get the last two SIPs through the ice thing, like yeah, you quit.
Speaker 2: I took it out of his hand and put it in my cuple you.
Speaker 4: Blessed every other person with the same sound issue in that in that theater.
Speaker 3: That right, So, but between the noise the cost, we spent fifty bucks at the concession stand.
Speaker 2: Jeez, that's nuts. And with the modern inflation. Yeah, two kids. I got smolves, but I got in the largest.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had to get a loan.
Speaker 3: I had to apply for a loan, and somebody who had had to be there to fill up my paperwork and look at my credit score.
Speaker 2: So if this movie is successful, they've got to, you know, continue the theme. And I, you know, on the radio show, I just throughout the idea King Kong it anteat them then. I don't know, maybe sas Squatch and a house fire where a family loses their house and he takes them in or eats them.
Speaker 3: I don't know Frankenstein's list, if Frankenstein had done Shindler's list.
Speaker 2: There you go. Now you're thinking, yeah, I'd watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told people, and I got a dad. I said, it's way closer to Dos Boot than it is to King Kong.
Speaker 2: Right. Count Dracula is a gifted cancer doctor, but he has a blood addiction. Right, But he's noble, but he just can't. He's a junkie. Yeah, exactly, something like that. Yeah, that'd be a hit.
Speaker 3: The Mummy in Philadelphia. So you got the dying Aids guy and the mummy. Yeah they're hanging out together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plot twist solving crimes or something. They're actually lovers. Who's solft crimes? My wife and I tried to sneak Fahitas into the theater at one time. Was really hot and I forgot the hot paths, which really really Yeah, it was sizzling and everything. Yeah, they smelled so good though. This is the Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast One more Thing, get it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 3: The tease was too many pansy ass kids. This is referring to this particular mom who went on the screed in her kitchen with a glass of wine in her hand.
Speaker 5: I got a call from my kid's assistant principal today because he and his other friend were playing soccer with this other kid at recess. The other kid happened to want to be the goalie and apparently he sucked, and so he got really upset because the other boys kept scoring goals on him.
Speaker 2: And there was no teasing involved. I verified, it.
Speaker 5: Was just he was so upset that the kids kept scoring goals that he went to the teacher and cried about it, and my kid and the other kid got brought to the principal's office. Do not call me because some soft ass kids feelings got hurt because some kid is better than him at sports. Stop coddling your kids, especially your sons, because let me tell you right now, what no woman wants someday is to have to coddle their husband. Stop raising pansy ass kids. Teach your kids how to be confident in themselves and how to emotionally freaking figure their out, and stop with the bs.
Speaker 3: We got this text in response to playing that earlier. Oh my god, I love that recording you just played. This is so true.
Speaker 2: Mike Kids' school has a no running on the playground rule. Wow. Always what Mike spy is that I could I could throw on the black bandana and slit throats to quote H. L. Mencin Over that what. No, I'm just missing something. No, you're not too dangerous.
Speaker 3: My kids' school they don't have it all the time, but if it has rained anytime in the last week, you're not allowed to run because the grass could be do it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a fascist for even talking about this. According to something I read, But when we conduct the great experiment of conservatives get half the country and progressives get the other half, and we see how it goes. There's going to be all the run and you I almost dropped an F bomb, which I can't I suppose, but I'd prefer not too. You can run all the f and much you want. In conservative America. Kids go out there, play soccer, skin your knees, get sweaty, get to blow off steam. Then we'll get back to school and learn. Well, we'll compare test scores at the end of it. Bitches. Huh.
Speaker 3: We used to love the play soccer on wet fields and we would slide in the hit.
Speaker 2: That was part of the fun, oh guy.
Speaker 4: Even after it would rain on the on the cement outside, we used to run and pretend we were skateboarding and try to see who could slide the farthest.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got my I hurt myself so many times doing that. But it was a blood none of that, None of that anymore. Good lord. Think of the liability, Katie, you maniac god.
Speaker 3: And we played kill the man with the ball and the porn rain all the time, and I mean that was a violent game.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I realized people are self selecting and to some extent anyway. And I'm not exactly a Navy seal nor I please what but people are self selecting to some extent anyway. But I so want to figure out a way to do this because they're like schools, charter schools, like the John Adams Academy, and there are other examples that like do school the way school ought to be done, and you can run all you want at recess and you learn and you learn the important stuff and you behave in class and the kids come out all smart and educated. It works. It works. And the fact that government union schools now don't work as a you know, an indictment on them. But I would love to start some sort of I don't know, colony or outpost. I guess it's called idoh Conservatania. And there would be no ugliness, no racism, no, you know, it would not be some sort of you know, Mika Brazinski's fever dream of what a conservative place would be. Everybody would get their constitutional rights, and by God, we would enforce that and if you break anybody's rights, we break your neck. But anyway, I would so love to conduct that experiment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to see it play out also, so she finishes up. My son got sent to the office and received a citation for running on the playground. So there's that issue that's mostly to do with lawyers and the way our court system works and juries. So I don't even know what to do about that because the school would tell you. Look, I think it's freaking stupid too, But we are just told we're going to lose our insurance policy if we let kids run on the school in school and get anybody gets hurt.
Speaker 2: So what are you going to do?
Speaker 3: So I hate that for that's own thing. Then you have this different topic. The school also told the kids they are no longer allowed to play kickball because the kids spent so much time arguing about the kids cheating. Way to teach the kids, not how to work through conflict. That's not the lawyers or the insurance company. That's the We think conflict is always bad, and so we're going to solve the conflict by not letting them play.
Speaker 2: They do this at my kid's school too. Like when I was a.
Speaker 3: Kid, a lot of us would bring our own nerve football or own glove or ball or bat or whatever. You're not allowed to bring any sporting equipment because one kids might fight over it, or you might have a nicer football than the other kid does and that make them feel bad and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, we're doomed, Katie, we're society.
Speaker 3: So they have a limited number they have a limited number of balls, and there's like three and whoever gets to them first gets to play during recess with him, and nobody else gets to.
Speaker 4: Okay, I apologize for taking it back to this place. But so all of this is going on, but these kids can decide to identify as something else or right all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, you can. You can change into a different sex, a secret be can't run in the yard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can make moves to mess them up hormonally for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 2: But don't you run on that wet grass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty amazing that those two things are happening at the same time.
Speaker 2: You know. Speaking of which, and here's a preview of a screed you'll hear on the air in the next day or two. There are some fairly high profile lawsuits that are going to go the right way against the gender bending cruel experiments on kid's crowd They're going to bring them to their knees, and we need more and more and more of that these and it's it's I don't mean to seem like I'm gloating, because it's a tragedy, but some of the victims of these ideological lunatics are starting to move into adulthood and realize what's been done to them and are not happy about it. It can't happen fast enough.
Speaker 1: It's Jack, Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: It's The Armstrong and Giddy Show, featuring our podcast One More Thing. Download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts. So I read this article in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: The title was the chess Master trying to propel Google's AI push, They hired a new guy.
Speaker 2: The game of chest.
Speaker 3: They hired this genius at Google to try to make sure that they win the whole AI race.
Speaker 2: But what's the guy arounds Google? Puchai? How do you say his name? Sundar? I hadn't heard this quote.
Speaker 3: He thinks that the development of AI will be more profound than the invention of fire or electricity. If he's right about that, we better hold on to our seats because holy crappings. I mean, and this fits in with what I saw at the Sphere, So the Sphere is all about super high tech stuff. Henry my Son even asked me what's the theme here because there's lots of math equations on the wall and lots of planets, and I just I don't know if it was just science or exploration or I don't know what the theme was of the building because originally it was a U two show for the first week, So why are all these math equations on the to see bono?
Speaker 2: But Nicole accomplishment.
Speaker 3: In the lobby, they had this AI chick. So it was a robot. It's like your latest coolest robot that i'd seen videos of before and like I said earlier, too hot. I don't know why you got to make the robots saw it? I mean, why she you know, make it look like a normal person. But she's standing there and she's talking to the crowd. She's on a little stage and she's talking to the crowd, and she would ask people questions. Uh, somebody asked me a question, and somebody'd say something. She'd say, what's your name? Uh, and he would say Billy, Okay, Billy, what would you like to ask me like your red shirt, billy, you know that sort of thing. Just conversing with this AI computer, and it was disturbing. And it was one of those that has the ability for the face to move, so not just mouth opening and closing in like eyes, but like the cheeks and the like expression yeah, expressions, that's the word. It had full facial expressions. And I was disturbing, and it was hot, and he bought two thousand and it was having conversations with these people and no matter what you brought up it would they would engage in it, or ask about how your day was, or tell you something. And I thought, this is clearly going to be in a classroom someday. Why would you have individual teachers teaching Hamlet every year when you got this robot who knows more about Hamlet than any individual human being has ever known, can do the same routine every year every semester and answer questions.
Speaker 2: And it's hot. That's all I need.
Speaker 3: But I mean in terms of taking over jobs, it was disturbing. Henry and I especially couldn't stop watching it. We went back to watch more after the Sphere show. It's like this is crazy that this is even happening.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I could see virtually every university class being you got to, whether sexy or not, a robot teaching the class, you know, giving the material, answering questions from its vast, unending trove of knowledge on the topic. And then if you still have a question as a student or you need something clarified, you just get on a chat, a computer chat like you're trying to figure out why you're whatever it doesn't work, And that'll be the university experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what it wouldn't be able to answer, especially in the near future. Keeping in mind that whatever we saw on Friday, they've probably got better technology already today as we record this on Tuesday, and five years from now, it'll be that much better than that. So why won't that be the person doing the sales presenttion presentation over there in the boardroom in front of your salespeople. And it can answer the questions of hey, but what do I do if you know, if a client says this, well, this is what you do, because it knows more than anybody.
Speaker 4: Have you guys heard about the uncanny valley with with this AI and the robotics and whatnot. It's it's a part of our brain that gets really uncomfortable when you start getting into that area where it's kind of a human but you know it's not a human.
Speaker 2: Henry was having that problem. What's that called. It's called the uncanny Valley. Wow, Henry, is the basis of so many horror creatures in horror movies. You make it almost human. It's disturbing to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Henry was having that and he said, I'm this is gonna give me nightmares tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a cool genre of horror that's like blowing up right now, especially because these robots are popping up all over the place and kind of give people the ick.
Speaker 3: The facial expressions on this robot were the most disturbing part. Is that it would answer, you know, a kid's question or an adult's question or whatever, and just the facial expressions like looking interested and then wow, that's interesting and puzzled and just and not like cartoonishly interested or puzzled, but like an actual human being.
Speaker 2: It was weird. So at the risk of seven, like a guy calling some sort of sex line of the past, what was the hot bot wearing.
Speaker 3: Like a sex spot like a unitard oh sort of thing. So it had bare legs, even though they were gray, like the color of carbon fiber. I mean, not like carrion gray, but like gray.
Speaker 2: There are many hues of humans around the world, and we're all deserving of love, Jack, but gray is generally reserved for the dead.
Speaker 3: She was shaved headed, but like really well built, attractive woman and very pretty. And uh and obviously if you want to go that direction, and it is Las Vegas, they will have those with blonde hair or brown hair or whatever hair color you prefer, doing whatever you want to do over there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's at some point they may already. They might already. Yeah. Yeah, that's a different level of where it's on. It. It's an extra you can tack onto your room.
Speaker 3: But having seen that and having Sondra Putai or whatever his name is say, this is going to be as big as fire or electricity. Even if he's half right with what I just saw, we have no we human beings aren't ready for what's about to happen.
Speaker 2: True, I believe that to be true. Yeah, there could be a sharp turn unlike any other sharp turn. Yeah, right ahead of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm old enough that I'm gonna catch it, you know, at the tail end of my life and have to adjust. My kids are going to grow up in a world that I can't even imagine. Now they can't imagine. I have no no idea what's the best way to prepare them for it. Neither does anybody else.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, he says, brainstorming his screenplay, the Third World is going to send wave after wave of millions of armed people to come and take it right because they're still without as we the developed world will be basking in the wealthy glow of the AI affluence that's coming our way.
Speaker 3: I had one more question I had to ask Katie, and this is just about the way some people dress in Las Vegas. Women who are dressed crazy like I'm a stripper outfit in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: That is what is going on there mostly.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, that's just like the Vegas club attire.
Speaker 2: So that's just the vibe. If you're going to go to a club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you have a really short dress that you're not too sure where you could ever wear it, you take it to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's true.
Speaker 3: It doesn't stand out as weird there, whereas it would at the company Christmas party or certainly Easter Sunday services, right, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't put on your whe were for Easter Sunday.
Speaker 3: Kidding, But even if you went to a bar or something, yeah, dressed like that, you'd stand out as what But there are so many women dressed like that there, Like.
Speaker 2: How do you even walk in those shoes?
Speaker 3: You're if you you know, don't bend down to pick up your keys or I'm gonna you know, my kids are gonna be exposed to something.
Speaker 2: It's just I just wonder what I just I think people enjoy escaping their work day lives and they get to be somebody different, cool, cool. Then what happens there stays there? Is?
Speaker 3: It famously said it's tough to walk through those casinos with a couple with a twelve year old and a fourteen year old though that's just the two boys, it's like educational.
Speaker 2: If I hadn't walked through there, I was just thinking about this.
Speaker 3: If my dad had taken me through there when I was a fourteen year old boy, Holy crap, I had never stopped thinking about it. I never saw stuff like that in real life.
Speaker 2: At age fourteen, I had to run off and hidden behind a slot machine and attempt to stay there permanently. He'd still be there exactly, go ooching around like Gollum in the Shadows. I'm surprised. I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: At some point I didn't say where's Sam, and Henry says he's back there, and he just locked up and locked up with his eyes wide too much, too.
Speaker 1: Much Jack Armstrong and Joe Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're Armstrong and Getty. We're featuring our podcast One More Thing. Find it wherever you find all your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I'd never run into the concept of a personality higher before the Wall Street Journal was writing about this. Have you ever heard this term, Katie, just out of curious and now as you I have not younger and hipper, So as the Journal describes it, if you get further on charm than skill, and you carry a workload light enough to float atop your bubbly demeanor, then you might be a personality higher. And this has actually become a thing. Charismatic, friendly, likable employees who might not be that great at their job or even work that hard, but employers are so desperate for any sort of joy and camaraderie in the workplace. They're hiring these people, they call them personality hires.
Speaker 3: Wow, so that's how I got hired exactly miniter personality Michael. So, I'm thinking of somebody right now. I won't say their name. They're out there in the newsroom. I could see hiring them because of their personality, because they just make the whole room better. Everybody's happier when they're around. I can tell just because of their personality. Well, here are a couple of facts.
Speaker 2: In this case.
Speaker 3: They're also competent, but I would I would like I would have hired this person if they were not quite as competent as person X, just because their personality the kind of place that's gonna make the place more lively and happy.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yeah, well here they quote. They start off the article quoting this one gal who's definitely not a personality higher. She's a very matter of fact person, just gets craped done. But she said, oh, some people actually proudly advertise themselves as personal personality hires on LinkedIn. By the way. Interesting, So they quote this gal who's not that and finds it very annoying and described.
Speaker 3: Now you you're like me, We kind of we kind of bitterly.
Speaker 2: Are resentful against people who are like that because we're not, and they're allotizing it. Though that's what I'm like.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to advertise, Hey, I'm not very good at my job, but I'm funny.
Speaker 2: To leave that first part unsad, but she cites she worked with a personal personality hire in a previous job. Though fun to be around, the person eventually generated resentment, didn't really pull her load, and after winning a promotion, prompted several coworkers to quit. There's just too much. Well I would, I would.
Speaker 3: I would think if they're not good at their job, that's not enough to overcome it. But I'd never thought about this before. I could see hiring somebody, you know, if you're gonna weigh them on a bunch of different things. Man lump in the hole brings the room up as opposed to down, so bosses want the warm and fuzzies is The mood at work is generally sour. One third of US employees say they're engaged in their jobs, only a third near an all time low. Half of workers say they feel of stress, half are interested in new jobs are actively applying with so many lonely, unhappy charges. Bosses are desperate for a good workplace energy. They say, camaraderie is hard to build on hybrid schedules, so they prize upbeat employees whose energy is hopefully infectious. Then they quote a bunch of people and recruiters from various industries and saying, yeah, we really, we really need more people. Oh, it's clearly true. I haven't had a job I don't like in a long long time. But when I worked jobs that I didn't like, oh, there were certain people that made it bearable, and when they weren't there, it was awful.
Speaker 2: Right, or if they quit, everybody who's like, I can't do this so right?
Speaker 4: I wonder if they're hiring these people to make it more appealing to come back into the office too, like after COVID, that's.
Speaker 2: Got to be a factor. Sure, yeah, so But anyway, there's this comedian gal who has done a couple of bits about being a personality higher that I think are brilliant and illustrating what it is all about. Her name is Vienna Aila, and it's fifteen Michael. What's the project about today?
Speaker 6: I have no idea, do you guys?
Speaker 2: Se If we need to get an extension. We can't call Greg. He's so scary. Greg's our CEO. I'll call Greg, of course, are you sure? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, let's call Greg. Greg is so terrifying. Greggy, Hey you, where are you? How are your kids? I know that? So I just doing school direction Annie.
Speaker 6: She's playing Annie.
Speaker 3: Oh Greg, that's so amazing.
Speaker 6: Hold on, said Greg.
Speaker 2: I asked me presentation. Yeah, Greg, you know I've been.
Speaker 3: In here talking Annie with you all day, But Greg, I have to ask you something.
Speaker 1: We're gonna need a couple of days, Greg, take a week.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's such plays.
Speaker 3: Next week. I don't want to come to Annie. Back to the important stuff.
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 2: I'll come me through right now. Let's freaking eat a free ocean talk Annie, my guy.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you. Greg, I'm coming to you. And then there's another bit where they have the permit revoked for an event at the last minute, and they're like, oh my god. The only way we could deal with this is to have the mayor on our side. She says the mayor. The Mayor's in my ass and abs class I'll call her right now. She goes, Hello, girl, what's going on? Oh my god, you don't need that class. Your ass is amazing anyway, and she gets the permit reinstated.
Speaker 6: The ass she's just a schmoozer and a networker and that sort of super uppy person doesn't but and it's harder to tell without the visuals in that first video, but she doesn't know anything about the project.
Speaker 2: Then she gets on the call with Greggy and says, what am I asking for again to our coworkers? An extension? Oh right, right? May she goes into that. So it's a parody obviously, But that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I never I don't think enough attention is paid to like chemistry in a group of people for work.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think most bosses every think about it. They should.
Speaker 3: And now in the modern world of boy that like they said the hybrid working in zoom, I'm not sure any of that translates to zoom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. I meant to talk about this on the show. Maybe I will. But I was talking to my son, who's just about to turn thirty, and he was talking about and he's he's been a performer of various sorts for a very long time. He's a musician and a gifted actor who decided not to act. And it's fine, but he said, coming out of COVID, the very thought of performing just seemed enormous and terrifying and overwhelming. Just so, and it's worth mentioning he lived. He lives in Oregon, which is so cultish in it or was in its adherence to every COVID policy and as a show of hating Trump, they wouldn't let their children play with other children for a year and a half. And it's just devastating to so many people, who so many ages, even people in their twenties. It's horrible anyway, speaking of people who have difficulty communicating and communing and looking people in the eye and the rest of it. Man COVID Deco Declan my son said to me, he said, I know a lot of people who are really damaged by it and they're not healing very quickly.
Speaker 4: Was it just the act of having to go out and perform again or were there people that weren't going to the shows? What made it so much more difficult post COVID.
Speaker 2: Well, because everything was so locked down. You just you had like your roommate and you would interact with maybe somebody at work, if you were allowed to work a little bit. It was like living in solitary confinement in a prison. Obviously not that bad, but.
Speaker 3: I know a couple of people who talk about that dark period where they didn't have any communication and they would, you know, struggle to have any opportunity just to like wave to another car far away, like all right, I didn't live that way, so I.
Speaker 2: Guarantee they lived in a blue state. There's a prominent musician who thinks a wonderful songwriter, but he tweeted at one point that he felt bad for his kids because his kids hadn't had a plated or hugged another child or whatever. For a year. I wanted to fly to Portlandia, where he resides, and punch him in the stomach and and just to wake him up and say, what are you doing? And all the dad about children and being fine was out there, all of it. But you had to virtue signal how much you despise Trump by torturing yourself and your loved ones, and and declann lived in the midst of that. And anyway, sorry to get started on that stuff.
Speaker 4: It's a well, no, it's a reality a lot of people are dealing with still, and that's why his company needs a personality higher just things up.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Full circles Armstrong and Getty