Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, September sixteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we're hoping no one remembers our preseason takes.
Speaker 2: It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f. Florio and Lakwan Jones.
Speaker 1: Week two, Fellas, I feel like we say this every year, but it feels like it happens earlier in early Can we just turn injuries off?
Speaker 2: Yes? Florio? Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I want to unplug the season blowing in and plug it back in like like it's N sixty four cartridge or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, i was the Isaiah Pacheco guy and now I'm just sad. I don't know what else to really say about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which actually gets us into what we're gonna talk about today. We do have the biggest takeaways from week two. Have our fantasy heroes. Will also dive into the waiver wire, which is going to be incredibly important for the week for a lot of fantasy managers. But let's start with some fantasy headlines. And as Michael lef Florio just alluded to, Isaiah Pacheco suffered a fractured fibula in Kansas City's win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday Lakwan as of us doing this show, we don't know the official timeliner diagnosis for it, but all reports are he's going to be out for an extended period of time. It seems as though it's going to be unavoidable for him to go on injured reserve. So you look at that backfield in Kansas City, Samaj p Ryan is there, Carson Steele was getting some opportunity. Is there anybody you have any real interest in in the Kansas City backfield or you have to look outside of case for running back help.
Speaker 4: I would look, you know, elsewhere first, but you can look inside for Sama JP Ryan Happy birthday. By the way, I feel like, you know, Carson Steele, he's going to be a guy that's gonna get touches. He's going to be in that rotation. But I think Samaj p Ryan plays as that third down back, you know, be able to bail out Patrick Mahomes back there and be able to turn and get field. That kind of what Jared McKinnon was, you know for Patrick Mahomes in the past. You know, I do feel like they're going to probably bring in another running back from off the street. I mean, there's not much out there. Latavius Murray, you know. I think Jared McKinnon you could bring back, and I don't think they want, you know, the other guy Kareem Hunt coming back there. But I just feel as though it's gonna be tough, you know, for this run game, with the loss of my Jersey brother, Isaiah Pacheco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you mentioned some of the guys there, Clyde Edwards. Hilaire started the season on the NFI list, so he's out for at least two more weeks before we could talk about him as an option. We'll see if maybe, as you mentioned, they try to bring in a free agent, or if they try and I don't know, somehow engineer a trade for a running back somewhere. I heard people suggesting maybe Khalil Herbert getting him out of Chicago.
Speaker 4: DAI, But he's banged up with errorstring right now.
Speaker 2: So probably probably not the option that they want at the moment.
Speaker 1: Speaking of banged up in Los Angeles, it has been a rough start to the season for the Rams. Phuka Nakua is already on injured reserve and there are reports, as you hear La Kwan sign deeply reports that it could be a while that we might be talking about week nine or so before Nicoua is ready to go for Los Angeles then Florio. On Sunday, Cooper Cup leaves with what's being called an ankle injury. He was seen in a walking boot leaving the stadium, so we're waiting for more updates on his situation. But it was a rough day for the Rams offensively yesterday, Mike.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, the the.
Speaker 1: Leading receiver was the Marcus Robinson two catches for fifty yards.
Speaker 2: Nobody really made a big impact.
Speaker 1: So the question becomes, without Nicua and if Cup is going to miss time, do we have to pull the plug on Matthew Stafford as a starting fantasy quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Peak behind the curtains, I've already wrote the quarterback starting to sit them for week three and Matthew Stafford is a sit for me one because no, like you said, no Cooper, no, no, no Cooper Cup, no Pooka Nakua. Also, they get the forty nine ers and Stafford has thrown two passing touchdowns in their last three games against the forty nine ers. What stood out to me yesterday, and I don't want to bully Lawan's team here, but he was getting sacked every play. It felt like anytime he stepped back, they were getting pressure on him. In fact, I believe the Cardinals had the highest secrate in the NFL right now after yesterday's game, which is pretty wild. But yeah, after that, then they get the Bears, who their defense has been shutting people down, then the Packers, the Raiders. I would anticipate this next month probably being just Kyrien Williams the only usable ram because, like you said, Robinson led the way, but he had all his production on one long catch. Every receiver not named Cooper Cup had four targets or less. Yesterday we saw two too at Well getting involved. We saw Jordan Winnington getting involved. When it's an all hands on deck approach and you have four receivers, you have no receiver that you could trust in fantasy.
Speaker 1: On top of it, it's a shaky offensive line right now for Los Angeles. So on top of not having real game changing targets, New Stafford also just not having a lot of time and protection to step back there and throw. It is not the start we were hoping for from the Rams offense. Things have gotten bleak in a hurry for Sean McVay and his group. There, I was gonna save you the pain. I'm having to talk about it out loud, the question.
Speaker 2: So we'll move on. Appreciate it, We will move on.
Speaker 1: Evan Ingram a surprise scratch just about an hour before kickoff, the Jaguars tweeting that Ingram injured his hamstring in pregame warm ups and was not going to play. We'll see how long term this might be in this offense. But LQ, I mean the Jaguar passing game looked pretty awful yesterday.
Speaker 2: They really struggled to put anything together.
Speaker 1: I know we like Brian Thomas Junior, but I mean, beyond that, Christian Kirka, I mean, how excited can we be about the pass catchers in Jacksonville?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: Man, it was a rough game, I would say. I mean, look, I tweeted the other yesterday. I mean, he had sixteen passing yards in the third quarter after five drives, and it's like without Evan Ingram is Trevor Lawrence falling apart, Like it's like only one touchdown, He's averaging one hundred and ninety one passing yards per game in these last two games, and like him and Christian Kirk don't look like they're on the same page as they were in previous season. Passed like there was a lot of deep balls going to Christian Kirk and it's like, man, did you run the wrong route or is it overthrown? Is the timing mess stuff Like I don't know what's going on in Douvall over there, but man, Evan Ingram was a scratch right before the game and then honestly look like, you know, the game plan just was not the game plan they were going into that game with. So there's not many other pass cutchers other than Brian Thomas Junior that I'm honestly interested on a week to week basis, because we see Gabe Davis getting on this volume, but it's kind of pulling away he did in Buffalo, all this cardio and all these targets and not really making productivity out of those. So it's like a little frustrating that, you know, Trevor Lawrence is playing this way without Evan Ingram, like we need somebody to step up in this offense.
Speaker 1: If you saw some of the postgame quotes, whether it's Travis etn Trevor Lawrence. You can sense a frustration from this group with how the offense is going right now. Doug Peterson not willing to admit out loud, who's calling the plays?
Speaker 2: Is at him?
Speaker 1: Or is it Press Taylor. It's a bad situation right now down there in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Seven straight seven, Yeah, it's fast. It is bad for sure. Let's take a look at some of the week's top scorers.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray went berserk two hundred and sixty six passing yards, three touchdowns, twenty eight point five four Fantasy points.
Speaker 2: Alvin Kamaras stays hot.
Speaker 1: One hundred and eighty total scrimmage yards, four total touchdowns, three of them on the ground. That was good for forty four points. I know because I went against him in the Fantasy Live. Well thanks Patrick Laybon. Marvin Harrison Junior the recipient.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray worked four catches, one hundred and thirty yards, a pair of touchdowns, twenty nine Fantasy points. I guess he's not slow. George Kittle had a good day for the Niners in the loss. Seven catches seventy six yards in a touchdown that was good for twenty point six points. Austin Seibert seven field goals the command and beat the Giants without scoring eight touchdown twenty one points out of Austin Cyberts. And for the Bills, they were the top defense of the week. Two sacks, three i in T's a touchdown, ten points allowed eighteen fantasy points there. But we're gonna pick on some guys that we want to salute who maybe did not make this list, the laquand who was your fantasy hero in week two?
Speaker 4: Man, it has to be JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins.
Speaker 4: He is bawling right now. I look, I'll take this l early. I know last week I was telling Florial not the wave the flag, but I'm waving the flag this week.
Speaker 2: Man. JK. Dobbins is real.
Speaker 4: This is back to back games with over one hundred and thirty rushing yards and I'm gonna ride this until the wheels come off. And crazy enough, he's still on the waiver wiring some leagues and like even with Gus Edwards nearly getting twenty touches, like just based on how efficient he is, he's still able to put up the big numbers.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: So I honestly think this is his backfield. He's out there running routes as well, so he's getting involved in like camani Vedel, he's a healthy scratch again, so we might not ever see him again unless you know, Ja Dobtins is you know, hurt or not playing at this high level he's been playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Vidal right now is on the back burner. If you got him in Dynasty, hang on. But I think if you're in redraft leagues you can probably make a move right now and move on from him. Just you know, it's just not really great. Uh, Floria, Who is your hero for week two?
Speaker 3: Trey McBride because coming not only did I have I'll take the little humble brack here, Trey McBride was one coming.
Speaker 2: In the year.
Speaker 3: But more than that, the thing is, look at the look at his peers who were in his running for tight end one Mark Andrews. We don't know if he is the best tight end on his own roster. Travis Kelcey. I watched that entire game yesterday. I think Travis kelce had a little cameo in it, like he's not doing much.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then Sam Laporta, I am legitimately freaked out when it comes to Sam Laporta because Jamison Williams has surpassed him in the target pecking order two weeks into the season and not just like okay in between the twenties, like when they were in the red zone, they were making plays for Jamison Williams. So I am really And then you add in the running backs there, you could make a case and in some games San la Porta might be fourth in the pecking order for targets. So right now through two yesterday alone, I mean, Trey McBride with the fumble recovery touchdown because we play on NFL dot Com and we count those has more Fantasy points yesterday alone than any of those three tight ends having the first two weeks combined. So he right now, Look, it's only two weeks in. But if you went early tight end and you took McBride, you're feeling good. If you took one of those other three, you're probably not feeling great today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has not been good right in the tight end department, but Trey McBride certainly given folks a boost.
Speaker 2: So the rosters I have abon, those are the ones I'm feeling better about right now. For sure.
Speaker 1: For me, it's Devonte Adams and the thing that you know, I think we all looked at the Raiders and said, I don't know the quarterback situation could hold him back, But so far through two weeks, it has not been the case. Week one, six targets, turned that into five for fifty nine yards. Yesterday twelve targets, which turned into nine yards for one hundred and nine catches for one hundred and ten yards and a touchdown in that surprise win over the Baltimore Ravens. And it was a thing that Adam Rank pointed out, we didn't like the quarterback situation last year. Davonte Adams still got a ton of targets. This is looking pretty much like a narrowly funneled passing game, but Davante Adams is still at the head of it.
Speaker 2: It's, you know, a lot of work for Brock Bowers.
Speaker 1: Jakobe Myers is sort of getting some in there, but it still kind of starts and ends with Davonte Adams. So if you took the shot on him and drafted him, certainly through two weeks, you feel good. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Speaking of things we took away from week two, Lakwan, what is the thing you learned after watching this week's games?
Speaker 4: This is gonna be my mini Rams rant. I mean the defense is bad. Like if you're looking for a bounce back to get back on track, you know you want to start your studge your wide receivers or you're looking for sleeper upside, start all your wide receivers against the Rams defense because we cannot stop anything. They were missing tackles, they were letting guys just break loose, looking like they were lost in that secondary. Like this is a young secondary with some veterans there like John Johnson. You're expecting a little bit more being that he's previously been with the Rams. And it's like, I don't want to go name dropping on here, but my takeaway here is, man, if you want to start your wide receivers, start them against the Rams for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: That's not great now, at least it gives it's something they kind of target. We're's talking about sitting fantasy lineups. Florio, what did you take away from the week, Just.
Speaker 3: Real quick on the Kwalans, Brandon Ayuk bounce back and Jamar Chase Week three. My biggest takeaway is that Malik Neighbors is real and he is spectacular. I know it came in the best possible matchup for wide receivers, but what he did yesterday cannot be ignored. Sixty nine percent target rate, which means on almost seventy percent of the routes he ran, he was targeted highest target rate in any game in the next Gen Stats era. He had sixty four percent of the Giants total targets, sixty three percent of their completions, seventy one percent of their passing yards, half of their touchdowns, and he had one hundred and ninety seven air yards, which led the NFL in Week two, and watching that game because I had a lot of interest in Neighbors. In Jaden Daniels, every big play third and something, fourth and something, it was a design play for Elik Neighbors. So I know Daniel Jones is not great. I know next week they get the Cleveland Browns and it's possible that Daniel Jones can look like he did when they lost forty to enough into the Cowboys last year. I don't see any way you could get away from Elik Neighbors given how talented he is, and how much volume he seems to get in this Giants offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just so much volume. I don't really care if the quarterback is good or not.
Speaker 1: If they're going to keep feeding him targets like that, he's going to end up being successful for fantasy sure, and certainly over the course of the year. For me, the thing I've learned that the Saints offense is this hashtag good. It was one thing in Week one and they put up forty seven points on the Carolina Panthers, Like, all right, that team is bad.
Speaker 2: That's not really a surprise.
Speaker 1: But the comeback of next week and drop forty four on the Dallas Cowboys means that Quick Kubiak has something working there. In New Orleans, Derek Carr has been fantastic through two games, five touchdown passes, just one interception. Maybe not high yardage totals, although I guess in a league where people aren't really throwing the ball all that effectively, the fact that Carr has two games with two hundred and more passing yards is notable. Then you have Alvin Kamara, who looks like the Alvin Kamara of old instead of just old Alvin Kamara. They're getting the ball out, they're spreading it around, and we've done this so far without really having a really huge output out of a guy like Chris Olave. Rashid Shaheed has been the big stud the four for eighty one. Yeah, it was nice for Chris o'lave, but I think we're still waiting for something in a kin to a big blow up game. But at the rate things are going in New Orleans, that big game for Olave is coming. Really all right, let's me holding the l for doubting the Saints on the Saints offense. We're all holding this one right now. Hopefully things will help us get better though, I mean going to the waiver why we will do that and give you our disappointments. Coming up after the break on the NFL Fantasy Football Show, let's take a look at.
Speaker 2: This week's waiver wire options. Floria. Where are we checking four in Week three?
Speaker 3: Derek Carr is a must ad right now, Sam Darnold the Gino Smith also quarterbacks with good matchups next week if you need a streamer. Zach Charbonay is the top running back ad, followed by the Chiefs guys samaj p Ryan and Carson Steele, Braylan Allen had a huge Week two, cam Akers because we saw Joe Mixon get a little banged up on Sunday Night football. Antonio Gibson was looking pretty good in Week two. Deonta Foreman had more run than we expected and has a good match against the Giants next week. And then some deep league players Marshawn Lloyd and Trey Benson just top handcuffs check to make sure if they are out there on your waiver wire. And then some wide receivers. Rashid Shaheed seems to catch a fifty yarder every single week, so he's in play. Alec Pearson Quintin Johnson built off of their big Week one yesterday. Greg Dors because he gets the Lions in Week three and the Lions cannot cover the slot. Jalen Naylor just because he might be the wide receiver one in Minnesota depending on health. Andre Eo sivas I probably might have said that a little wrong. But the Bengals wide receiver Jalen Tobert as well, who had big volume, and then a couple of tight ends Hunter Henry had elite volume in Week one. Mike Aseeki looked like a legit part of the Bengals offense, and then Lakwan's boy John new Smith, who finished as a top ten tight end in Week two.
Speaker 1: Let's go all right, let's go back to the quarterbacks, though, Lakwan Sam Darnold heading into Monday Night Football is a top ten fantasy quarterback through two games.
Speaker 2: Is this just kind of a flash in the pan or is there some staying power here?
Speaker 4: No, there's some staying power. Man. That old line is perting him and he's going back in that pocket and he's just dishing it out and making huge plays with Justin Jefferson down the field, and hopefully he's going to be healthy enough to come back from that quad injury that he suffered in the game. But like, look at this pass, Like this is like Sam Donald just shining at his best right now. Like this feels a little bit different from the Carolina Panthers start in the early season. Like this feels like this is a Sam Donald's team. Man. Like we see the Vikings going out there and putting up these plays like this, and it's like really refreshing to see that they don't skip a beat. You know, where Kirk Cousins down in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I thought last year when Donald signed with the forty nine as everybody laughed and I was like, well, somebody could fix him. It might be Kyle Shanahan. The other guy who could possibly fix him is Kevin O'Connell. And two weeks in, it looks pretty good for Sam Donald Florida real quick, because Braylan Allen was on your list.
Speaker 2: He scored two touchdowns yesterday for the Jets.
Speaker 1: If you have Breis Hall, I mean you're not totally panick, but should you at least be a little concerned. I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe a little bit. He had seven carries, which was half as much as Breze Hall, had four targets, half as much bres Hall had, and he became the youngest player in NFL history to score multiple touchdowns. Look, I thought before this, like he's someone you want on your roster because if something happens to Breece Hall, we know he's next in line.
Speaker 2: A top handcuff.
Speaker 3: But now seeing that he's getting work like this, he might even have standalone value. If you have Breis Hall, I think I'd be willing to up my bit a little bit on him. But even if you don't. He is the kind of running back you want on your bench because he's one injury away from being top twenty with even more upside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, teams as though handcuffing running backs is coming back into fashion again across fantasy and it looks like Braylen Allen's gonna be the guy you.
Speaker 2: Want if you went out and drafted Breeze Hall.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some of the guys that disappointed us this week across fantasy football, and we all got pass catchers here on the list, because the big story in the first two weeks is that passing numbers are down across the board. And Lakwan, you have concerns about a guy in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michael Pittman. Man, it's not been good man like you would think a player of his size, his dynamic and where he's aggressive at the catch, like Anthony Richardson's not targeting him downfield. Only one target of twenty plus yards last game. And I feel as though, like Alec Pierce is getting a little bit too much love. But guys that drafted Michael Pittman in those first three round of drafts, we're kind of wondering, where's this elite wide receiver one that we know he possesses, and it's like unfortunate at this point where we just kind of have to sit and wait to see what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the passing game has not come through yet, and you're right, it has not been a lot of Michael Pittman. We just thought volume would went out and he hasn't had the volume so far. Speaking of pass catchers who aren't getting volume, we were worried about Aman Ross Saint Brown Florio, but maybe we were worried about the wrong Lions pass catcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know I touched on tight ends earlier. But yesterday was a game where the Lions through fifty six passes. Jared Goff through fifty five of them, three with Sam Laporte's way, twenty of them went to the top two wide receivers. Then you have both running backs getting more targets than Sam Laporta as well. If you drafted Sam Laporta, you have to relax. There's no look at the tight end position. You're not finding anything better on waivers. You need to continue to start him. I still think he'll have some blow up weeks. He's still going to be utilized in the red zone. But the floor is very very concerning now because it is certainly much low. We thought maybe he could take a step forward, and so far two weeks in he has taken like three steps back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Jamison Williams really does look like he's not going away in the context of the Lions offense.
Speaker 2: And you know, I saw a tweet.
Speaker 1: I saw a tweet from the very wise, very intelligent Dwayne MacFarland that maybe now Sam Laporta is more like George Kittle. There's a lot of similarities between the Niners and the forty are the Alliance and the forty nine ers offense, and so laporter will still have some of those high ceiling blow up games, but the week to week volatility might get a little more well volatile with a guy like Laporta, especially because Jamison Williams is becoming a really big part of the the Detroit passing game. For me, it's Terry McLaurin, and for similar reasons to what Lakwan talked about with Michael Pittman in Indianapolis, McLaurin looks like the number one wide receiver. He has all the skills of a number one wide receiver. But right now he has a quarterback that's not really getting the ball out to him, and it's certainly not getting the ball down field. It was a better showing in week two than it was in week one. That's not saying a whole lot. I mean, this is a Washington team that had to win on the strength of seven field goals over the weekend against the New York Giants, and so now it's like Terry McLaurin isn't getting a whole lot of opportunity.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's talk about it, guys, because we mentioned the waiver wire here.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not moving on from Pittman, you're not moving on from the Porter, you're not moving on from McLaurin. But what do you do because you probably spent a relatively high pick Lakwan on these guys and.
Speaker 2: They're not really giving you anything. I mean, how long can you afford to wait? Man?
Speaker 4: I mean, at least with Michael Pittman, I'm giving in a week or two because I really feel as though, you know they're gonna get it together. It might be a blow up game win more. Harrison Junior May we're panicking a little too soon. But he's still a great wide receiver for that Colts offense where I think he can bring a lot more out of Anthony Richardson if he's going to be utilized more, you know, downfield.
Speaker 1: We will see how this thing turns out when it's all said and done. Let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week.
Speaker 2: We've talked about JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins and his blow up to start the season, and he tweeted this over the weekend. He says that check the jersey out. It's a young JK. Dobbins rocking a Ladanian Tomlinson jersey. That's it's a great jersey. I will say this Florio through two weeks, he's run a little bit like LT in that Charger offense.
Speaker 3: He might not have the high end speed of LT, but he's getting the same results. He's looking the part, he's playing as their RB one. He is there RB one and more than that, he is someone that I think you can trust with confidence moving forward and just just hope he stays healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean you mentioned you mentioned that, you know, taking the l on JK. Dobbins, does this means we're done with Gus Edwards. Does he go back to waivers or we just hanging on to him.
Speaker 4: A look, man, I've dropped Gus Edwards. I'm not gonna lie to you because I think this is K's back. But that that picture, man, how old is he?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Is he got shoulder pads on? Or is he just that Jack as a.
Speaker 2: Kid likes.
Speaker 1: Shoulder pads on like he's what maybe six seven years old? You know, like, oh man, But good stuff there from JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins. It's been a great start to the season.
Speaker 1: And whether or not you drafted him or you faded him, if you were just a fan of football, uh, it's great to see him come back after a couple of really tough years in terms of injuries, going to come back and play well the first two weeks of the season. So hopefully everything stays good for him. He can sees to be productive and more importantly, just stays on the field because it's been fun watching.
Speaker 2: He broke the curse. Let's go so far, so let's find out. We will see. But thank you for hanging out with us as always. That is it. We are done.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 2: You know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember you're not lazy, just on power saving mode. Be safe, take care of yourselves, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Wo