Speaker 1: Yop. Yeah you're not on. I'm not on. There I am. It's glad to be back man, or it's good to be back. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it goes. It's working today. Yeah, you know, dude, you in the non music and the not having headphones, it really is throwing this pot off, like why are you not wearing headphones? Why do you not turn the music on? Why do you not do anything?
Speaker 1: Everybody's one episode away from just losing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out is there a reason like that you didn't want to do this that you didn't want the headphones? Is it you don't like hearing the music? It's just interesting, it's too much in the weeds. But there is.
Speaker 1: A a very pair of headphones that we used to always use, and I loved how it almost puts it straight from your mouth into your ears. These new age headphones there's a split second delay, and it throws me the hell off. It's tough for me to complete sentences. I do run on sentences. I am not able to properly articulate semi colon's without the headphones. This is how I talk in real life. I can finish sentences I understand what you're saying. I'm talking hello man at the gas station. How are you with the headphones? It's how are you? You? You? You? Hey?
Speaker 3: My name's Sissons. It throws me the hell off.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just get a good pair of headphones.
Speaker 1: With that said, these headphones that everybody has, you Steve me Amy does like some iPhone ones, Eddie no Idea, Morgan Beats, I believe bones, inter ears, but everybody these expensive hundred dollars headphones actually blow the headphones from yesteryear that I can't find anywhere. Were the best ones where it's immediacy from the mouth to the ears.
Speaker 2: I am feeling great. I love my headphones. There's no delay, there's no nothing. These are absolutely perfect. And I don't know what I mean. I literally just walked in the store, grinding him off the show. I don't do any research. I just grabbed them. Oh these might be good and bottom so I don't even know how much these costs. You could maybe google him. Maybe they don't even make them anymore because they're really old. They've been around for at least twelve years. But yeah, it's just really weird. But let's start the show man, that's Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm just waiting for the Big show to get mad at me because I'll talk to bones and I only have one ear on, so I'm waiting for him to be like, hey, dude, the music is too loud. Sorry dude, I can barely hear it all. We got what headphone?
Speaker 2: I didn't realize you only had one headphone on. I'm glad you don't just go headplone lists there you would be in that wouldn't fly.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: We did a segment the other day. I wanted to remove him entirely, and he would have killed me.
Speaker 2: You would you would have died. And see, so I'm not mad at you this Friday. I'm just gonna smile. I'm just gonna look at you and be like, hey, yay, good job man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: We got so much to cover.
Speaker 2: Oh we got so much to cover, man, we got so much much to cover. Right, Yeah, I love short weeks.
Speaker 3: They're the best.
Speaker 1: They're the best.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, this, being already Friday is amazing. I guest, it is an amazing feeling when you wake up and it's like, wow, today's Friday already.
Speaker 1: Whoooo and you don't appreciate stuff. When you were younger in college, we had three day weeks in Texas State, maybe it was four. There was no class on Friday at Texas State. I know there was.
Speaker 2: You just didn't take them. You took Monday Wednesday classes and Tuesday Thursday classes.
Speaker 1: There was a year they outlawed them. No one person had Friday classes. That's just not accurate.
Speaker 2: It is no, it's not you couldn't take one. I guarantee you that's not accurate. I guarantee it.
Speaker 3: All my cats rise up.
Speaker 2: Because I know that everybody had them Monday, Wednesday, Tuesday Thursday class schedule. I never had that all my classes, every one of them, not every one of them. But there was never a semester where it's like, oh, this class is offered Monday and Wednesday. Only if I was doing a Monday Wednesday, it was always offered on Friday. So I always had Monday, Wednesday Friday. I never had that four day week they changed.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, you can ask Billy South Beach.
Speaker 2: So I understand that your friends took certain courses that were not offered on Friday, but there was no chance that the whole university was closed on Friday.
Speaker 1: It's just not accurate. Me. My ex in two thousand and eight, look it up somewhere. There's doubt to be able to fact check it. Me, my ex girlfriend Billy and South Beach would sit in my apartment on Friday, watch the Herd talk about what we're gonna bet for college football because nobody had class. Classes didn't exist at Texas State on Friday. That is four people out of thirty thousand.
Speaker 3: In all different majors.
Speaker 1: It I can't.
Speaker 2: That's there's not possibility that the Texas State decided, you know what, we'll just try this for one year. We'll just this out of nowhere. We've been in existence for.
Speaker 1: One hundred years.
Speaker 2: But in two thousand and eight, we're gonna decide, you know what, there's not gonna be a single class on.
Speaker 1: Friday, and see how it goes.
Speaker 2: And then the very next semester they changed back to classes on Friday.
Speaker 1: They would not do that. I don't. I graduated then, so I don't know if it continued. I didn't right now.
Speaker 2: Probably right now there's no one at Texas State going to school because it's Friday.
Speaker 1: That means there's no classes offered today. So I'm saying right now, it's probably so out by that little river right that runs through downtown.
Speaker 3: Never got into that one.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have. Oh you should have. It was too cold and it was a lot of seaweed in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't about the seaweed. And it wasn't really about the river, right, It was about the things that were laying around by the river. Like That's what it was about, right, Like, it wasn't about you getting in that nang river. Like as much as you want to say, oh, I wasn't into Like who cares. It's sort of like Barton Springs. Man, I should have gone to Barton Springs more when I when I was in my mid twenties.
Speaker 1: Did they go naked there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Their top was at least she And that's what I'm saying, like I should have been more into Barton Springs. I went a few times, but like after Friday and night on Sixth Street, I should have got up and on Saturday afternoon about noon, roommate and I we should have headed to Barton Springs. But we never did. And I don't know what our problem was, And I realize it now like we should have done that.
Speaker 1: That was the place to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's okay, sort of like you and the river.
Speaker 1: It was too cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Arnold, any update on him. We'll try and check in later in the show. I think that sounds good. That sounds great.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, let's do it live.
Speaker 1: We ah the one two sore losers? What up, everybody? I am Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 1: Y'all had sison. I'm from the north, I cannot hear the audio. I'm going condomless, and I'm an alpha male. I live on the west side. Then move to the north side with Beazer, the country two point two acres, two point two kids of Vanderbilt. Justin checks on them in the electrophysiology unit every single day. And she over to you, coach, Oh, how did I sleep last night? Thanks for asking? Ray.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you We've got emotion emotional city going on in my house right now. Because baby Box finished kindergarten a week ago. Now baby Box two, today is his big day. Today is pre K graduation. He's gonna walk that stage and his cap and gown. Amazing, it's gonna be what a wonderful feeling, a big accomplishment. If you're able to graduate pre K, the future is limitless.
Speaker 3: Does anybody get held back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, that's a rough start of it. Now.
Speaker 2: When I say they get held back, it means that their parents just start them late in kindergarten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no. The school doesn't hold him.
Speaker 3: Back, got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we've been trying to hype him up and he's excited, but oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They had the spelling be last night, and.
Speaker 2: Last night he was very emotional, upset about things, crying and I said, Bud, what's wrong. He goes, I'm just I'm just sad that I'm not going to see my friends anymore. And I'm like, yeah, are you sad about leaving with Sarah? No, No, it's more of my friends. It's more of my friends. And he's had the best, same best friend since he was about a year old and his roll dog. Yeah, him and her have been side by side the whole time. All pictures from when they were one years old, they'd crawled to each other in the classrooms and they just all the way up they have been best friends. And next year when they go to elementary school, they won't be at the same school. They are going to separate schools. And he is heartbroken, devastated, and it ends today.
Speaker 1: Right, we're going private. Nope, we're not going private.
Speaker 3: Is it where you guys live? Is that the what you say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why the Dods moved. I can't put what I was saying was in Michigan it is freedom of choice. You can go to any school you want. Really, in Tennessee, it's where. It's all determined by geographically where you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how it is everywhere I've lived, maybe because in where'd you say Michigan?
Speaker 1: It's it's Maria told me the exact wording. It is freedom of sexuality, freedom of orientation, freedom of choice. Okay, And he lives in Boomer lives in Gwynn and goes to a school thirty minutes away. Oh, because they're better at sports. Didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can transfer, like you can try to lottery into certain schools to portal and three day No, no, dude, they hit the portal in kindergarten non have you ever thought about hitting the portal?
Speaker 1: I heard a hunter's lane is looking up.
Speaker 2: I have never seen so many parents stressed out about what school they're going to get into. You want to hit the portal to a privy because they wherever they live, wherever they live, they don't like that school, so they want to go to one ten minutes away in a different neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Why do you think the dods be lined it out of town so.
Speaker 2: They you have to lottery in. You can't just like apply there, you apply and then you get lottery. I don't know exactly how they determine it, but everybody's like, are you freaking out about work? And I'm like, no, We're just going to school. We're going to like we with the one we are zoned for. We will be at that school. Don't worry about it. We're not We're not doing this lottery crap. We're not trying to stress out like we're getting into Harvard.
Speaker 1: The Spurs get or the the Mavericks get Cooper Cup and we get baby Box.
Speaker 3: Gez and true the lottery ball in pre k.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's for real, like one percent. I'm being serious. Like people were like oh my gosh, this Monday. This Monday is when we find out this this Monday, I'm not gonna be able to sleep all weekend. And some of them get it back and it was like, oh man, we're number fifty on the wait list. Don't think we're gonna be able to get in. I'm like, wow, roll the dice, roll the dice. You don't even get your top choice. But anyway, so he's very sad last night, very emotional, crying, upset, lashing out, which is not like baby Box too. He is the most chill dude. So he goes to bed. Everything's great, two am, Dad, Dad, can you go party with me?
Speaker 1: Well, you're about to get up for the show though, too.
Speaker 2: Well at two am, I'm not about to get up. I still got two hours of sleep to go. And I'm like yeah, and I go in there and he peas and he goes, Dad, I think I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna throw up. No. I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: This is your last day of school. Like, you can't be sick, dude.
Speaker 1: These kids are throwing up more now than the Vandy Bro's on Broadway last night and I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: So he sits there and I'm like, Bud, do you need to go poopoo?
Speaker 1: Maybe like you have it Tommy eight, I can try to go poopoo. Yeah, that's that's a reverse throw up. And he sits down.
Speaker 3: That's a back door throw up, son, and.
Speaker 2: He has a bunch of gas. He goes, poopoo. We are good to go. We are good to go. And I'm like, all right, good get it. Get him back in bed, get upstairs, go to sleep.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: Dad's gotta go too.
Speaker 2: No, No, three o'clock, three o'clock. I get a that's about time for the show. Yeah, I know, I got about an hour left to sleep. And I get a tap on the shoulder Dad, Dad, I threw up a little bit in my bed.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what leave it for the maid?
Speaker 2: He goes, I threw up a little bit in the bed. I was like, all right, do you need to throw up more? Go in the bathroom. He goes, I don't need to throw up more. But I threw up a little bit in my bed. And I go look at his bed and he's got a little throw up in there. So I'm all right, here I'll get you a bowl out of the kitchen, and I put him in the guest room and put him in that bed, and he goes asleep, and three point thirty I hear the ding of the bowl, and I hear run in there, and he's thrown up a little bit. And then he comes and goes in our bathroom and he poops again. And now my wife is debating, what do we do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not being the sexist, where was she?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: She she sleeps with air plugs. Ray you massage is chauvenus page No no, no, no, trust me.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm the one that has to get up for work, so I am very like, uh, you can't get up. But she sleeps with ear plugs. She sleeps with the ear plugs. And I'm asked she sleeps with all this crap because she thinks it's hard to sleep.
Speaker 3: And what else? The bondage tape?
Speaker 1: No, I take that off before she goes to bed.
Speaker 3: Ray hancuffs too, But that's earlier.
Speaker 2: That's when she's not behaving. So she's having a debate what does she do today? She's texting me like do I take him? Do I not take him? Do I take him? For the morning and then pick him up before rest time. But I don't want to miss him, to miss his last outdoor time. So my thing is is he sick or is he.
Speaker 3: Just nervous game time decision?
Speaker 2: And they're having a popsicle party today and he's like, I don't want to miss my popsicle party. And I'm like, yeah, I don't want you to miss your popsicle party either, but I don't want you to get sick and then tell them, tell you can't come to graduation tonight. We got graduation tonight, right.
Speaker 1: If he gets sicked on the playground, that's legendary status. Those kids are going to remember that, They will remember on Baby Box two's last day when he puked all over the freaking playground, and that it could be his signature moment at the schools when he pukes on his best friend on the way out. You just never know how it's gonna shake out. You really hat got to send him to school. Let the tea and you know what, my name's Bennett, I ain't in it.
Speaker 3: My name's y'all.
Speaker 1: It's up to y'all teachers.
Speaker 2: I really I kind of agree with you. I want him to experience. The one last day, like yesterday, when I went to pick him up and they were having snack time and they were in the classroom and we're leaving. He goes, Dak, can we play the Monster game? And the Monster Game is where I tell him, oh, I'm hungry and I want a kid sandwich, and I chase him around the playground and sometimes I do it with his classmates when they're out there and they all go crazy.
Speaker 1: Monster Game.
Speaker 3: Sure the parents love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little weird when the other parents show up and I'm chasing them around and I'm.
Speaker 1: Not a teacher.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what mood cares.
Speaker 1: I'm in it not And what did you say? Cancel culture, you guys, cancel yourself. I'm be not in it. Yep. My name is Paul. It's up to y'all. There you go.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, yeah, Bud, so we get you know, baby Box three out of his class.
Speaker 1: My name Sid is that your you know stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's really good. And we just had the playground to ourselves. Yesterday it was us those two and me playing the Monster game. He was showing me baby Box, was showing baby Box two was showing me his a little trick of wrapping the swing all the way up. And then they have a little box they built out a little toys. You stand on it, you jump on the swing, and then it unravels and you get dizzy showing.
Speaker 1: Me all that.
Speaker 2: So it was just a moment yesterday when we had the playground to ourselves. And then that's what I'm thinking, like, man, he's got to go to school today so we can experience the last of everything. We got to clean out his cubby, we gotta get his blanket, his pillow, everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is huge, it's huge.
Speaker 2: I ain't can remember any of it. Probably not, yeah, probably not gonna remember any of it. But yes, so graduation tonight. What if he vomits on the stage.
Speaker 1: Man, they're starting him young with these grad parties.
Speaker 2: No, no, they only grad pre k. We don't do graduation for kindergarten. Like a lot of schools, there is no kindergarten graduation. And so baby Box did not have a graduation. He just walked out of school and that was the end of kindergarten.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: When you get those kids up on the podium, I believe it's the bleachers, the stands maybe is what we called it. Let's just call it stands. When you get him on there, and then I'm sure for graduation you have that. It's the first time you learn if you got any pukers in the grade, because that's when I learned that was his name, Paul, Paul and Paul, and ain't y'allul Paul. Yeah, well that's when we learned that Paul was a puker. Oh, everybody's normal in class. But when you get up on those podium, on those stretch out bleachers and you're standing in front of people, so when you realize, people get nervous and queasy, so put up or show up.
Speaker 2: Well, this one is more of an outdoor stage, and they stand on one side, they call their name, they walk cross stage, and they go off.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's no standing up there. It's at a brewery. It lasts the whole graduation ceremony lasts about seven minutes total.
Speaker 1: What one of the parents owns the brewery knowing genius sell some drinks.
Speaker 2: The parents their kid used to go to this this preschool and now they're older and they're in school, but we still use the brewery as our graduation spot.
Speaker 3: All parents are going to get a couple of drinks.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make some money, and guess what, later on, kids are going to become alcoholics.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, that's what we're dealing with. That's how I slept last night. Thanks for asking me. I really appreciate that. Yeah, we'll take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. Give it to me.
Speaker 3: How I slept?
Speaker 2: No, give me, I don't. I figure you slept great.
Speaker 3: Slept good.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this new thing where I don't eat dinner, so I wake up hungry. So you're not mad? Excuse me? Yeah? See what when you wake up? Are you mad or happy? I'm just like, oh man, I'm already awake. We're going to change that attitude with the Sison camp. At Cison Headquarters, we do a new thing where we don't eat dinner, so you wake up famished and hungry and ready to start your day. So, Basers, what do you want for dinner? I said, you know my new rule, I don't eat dinner. An hour later, Hey, seriously, though, do you want to go get some fast food or something? I'm starving? No? No, My new thing, Baser is I don't eat dinner, and so guess what she didn't eat either? Last night? I didn't eat. We woke up starving to death. I had a yogurt protein shake, just ready to rock the day. But the sleep, it improves it because you don't got a bunch of food floating around your body all night. So I woke up at midnight, I said, ah, wake up a little bit later, twelve thirty, wake up later one. I just slept great. I could have woke up at midnight and felt fine. Huh. And then your shift, you're three hours later a little do we know you're gonna have to throw up episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then I was really excited because I saw my wife bought some honey nut cheerios a box. And I'm gonna tell you what, honey nut cheerios are delicious, fantastic.
Speaker 1: You read them, well, I'm gonna join in with you. Bro. I haven't had cereal in ten years.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we don't get it that often for some reason. But she decided she was at the store. I think she took baby box with her and he convinced her, hey, let's get some cereal. So honey nut cheerios, and I'm like, yeah, and I sit down. I pour a huge bawl all the way to.
Speaker 1: The rim, all the way to the rim. Rim. Job right then, job? Then I pour the milk in.
Speaker 3: Honey you get that one.
Speaker 1: Pour the milk in. No, she's still in bed.
Speaker 2: When I'm eating and I start eating, it's regular cheerios, not even honey nut.
Speaker 3: That's almost pour out worthy.
Speaker 2: It's like, what a waste of time.
Speaker 1: Graham and Grandpa rest in peace, love their souls. That's what Grahams would try to do to us.
Speaker 3: Brutal. They gotta be honey nut they had.
Speaker 2: If they're not honey nut, then what are we doing? Like why are we just doing regular cheerios?
Speaker 3: Hey, Grandpa?
Speaker 1: At what point do I start eating non honey cheerios and grape nuts?
Speaker 3: Good gosh.
Speaker 2: So it was an absolute waste of a breakfast. It was absolutely a disappointing moment when I thought, oh my gosh, I'm about to eat some honey nut cheerios, have some delicious deliciousness in my mouth, and I had just plain old cheerios, and I was like, well, that was disappointing.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 3: I was looking for some south in my mouth. Start the weekend off.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, that's how I started out my day. I mean, I started out my night bad, started out my morning bad. But then you tell me you got great news about Justin's Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So guys, he's playing Beat the Streak. Listen to another episode. If you want to learn about the game quickly. You got to get fifty seven hitters in a row. You can take a day off, you can do two at a time. They have to get a hit. You can pick anybody. You can pick a pitcher, pick a catcher. Actual pitchers don't hit anymore, but they have to get one hit. Doesn't matter how they get. It has to be scored a hit. Justin at fifteen and he still has the opportunity to use his safety card. And what we learned is between ten and fifteen you can actually pick two people and you'll still get safety at fifteen. So the most advantageous place in this entire game is at fifteen because you can pick two guys and if both of them miss, or one of a miss, you still stay at fifteen. Oh even both miss. Yes, wow, I did massive research and learn that for Justin. Thank you, And I'm still way for the text to say thank you. Yeah, because I did.
Speaker 3: I did. I deep dived.
Speaker 1: He went to a bunch of different players and saw other guys that picked too and see if they still had their streak saver by picking two and missing two at fifteen.
Speaker 3: But that's I digress.
Speaker 1: Justin last night picks a guy for James Wood for the Nationals. Is it okay? A lefty? He's pretty good. He's a good, good little kid. And then he got one one of the oakland A's guys. Well they got smoked. Yeah, so he should have picked so his James Wood guy went one for three. AI. We've been doing a little work with AI. AI said, the smartest player to pick based on whip walks, hits, per innings pitched, e RA, stadium factors is James Wood of the Nationals. And he got a hit.
Speaker 3: So Ao was correct.
Speaker 1: AI smart. Well, Justin decided to do his little algorithms and he went with an oaklan A who has the worst offense in baseball. He got three at bats and got pulled from the game. He went oh for three, So Justin he loses his golden dildo, his golden condom. I texted him this morning, I said, you are now without your golden dildo. You must raw dog all the way to fifty seven. But he's still at fifteen. But he did not move from the last podcast. Wow, Bud, he is holding on for dear life. He's top thousand in the world right now. That's pretty impressive. And he tells me he's going with Jose Ramirez. I believe Guardians. Yeah, who do they play? No idea. But like the addict that he is, he texts me, I already know my next hitter, Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, take a day off, take ten minutes, Take ten minutes to look and decide who you want.
Speaker 1: Man, No need to make the decision right after you get beat.
Speaker 2: So root along with Justin Jose Ramirez. We need to hit today. Let's see what Let's see what time the Guardians play today.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anything back from him. Oh, here we go. I will be at the pool for the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: Oh and then Boomer. You did some research on Boomer which I thought was quite fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yes, so Boomer finished his season. Guys, he was pitching.
Speaker 1: Oh, they play the Angels today, and so watch along. And if you two want to do go to MLB dot com. It's not a promotion or whatever. Just do it.
Speaker 3: We have fun doing it.
Speaker 1: No, we don't. It's not fun.
Speaker 2: It's not fun because it's impossible and it's really freaking hard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And remember when I told you guys about the thirteen run game. I see on the Facebook pages they're still playing it and it is so fun. And you guys are welcome because I told you about it.
Speaker 2: Now I am playing that game. It's a great But here's the thing. I had no idea I had the Miami Marlins, so I didn't even look. I gave up, and all I need is twelve in thirteen runs.
Speaker 1: That's pretty impressive because it is shocking that they got a ten and eleven five. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I had no idea the Miami Marlins would keep me in this contest. Once they told me that I drew the Miami Marlins because it was random drawlah, I never even looked back. I had no idea. And someone posted, man, I still need this for the win. I'm like, am I still alive? Can you send me the link? And they posted the link and I need twelve and thirteen from the Miami Marlins. So I mean, what a day.
Speaker 1: And if you guys want to fall along with that game at home, it doesn't matter who's running the pool. Literally, in Google, just type in thirteen run pool and you can choose the date that it started and it'll show you who's in the lead. Pretty fun. Have you done that? No, because that's how you can follow along. You're able to change the date as long as you know the exact date I started.
Speaker 2: I don't know the date they started. Why would I know that?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But that's that's how it's then able to tell you who's gotten what runs. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about my organizational skills and when things start and win things in I don't pay attention to anything. If I would have had a team that I knew scored runs, like let's say I had the Yankees or you know, the Phillies or someone like that, I would have been dialed in. But when you give me the Miami Marlins, don't even care.
Speaker 3: So Boomer is playing high school baseball.
Speaker 1: He's a junior. He made first team, which is pretty outstanding accomplishment as a junior. Mean, he made varsity. Yeah, he's been on the varsity team, but he made a first team All conference, got it, so that was pretty cool. Conferences are district divisions whatever, so we call it a districts, but I don't know everybody's different. It makes you go state lines, it makes those sense ABC level A plus B plot. I have no idea, but I decided to watch all of his games. They may have this app called Game Changer, so I'm able to see every pitch he's thrown the entire year. So I thought a very interesting and good metric is first pitch strikes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's huge. I mean Greg Maddox was always first pitch strike. So if you're going to make it in the league, got to have a first first pitch strike.
Speaker 1: And in the majors, the best are in the seventy percentile range, the worst in the sixties. But to be in the majors, you really have to have a sixty percent rate of about sixty percent, and you can figure it just go MLB savant. You have to have a sixty rate of sixty sixty rate of first pitch strikes, thank you. So Boomer May first, West would fifty three percent, Kingsford May eighth. They're pitching about once a week sixty nine percent. Gladstone May thirteenth forty seven percent, Oh Rudyard May seventeenth, forty five percent, Oh Holton May twenty first, thirty one percent, Oh Menominee May twenty eight eighty six percent. Here we go, and that's it. It's a pretty short season. So overall, one hundred and four batters faced fifty four first pitch strikes fifty two percent. To get into majors, you need to get to sixty percent, So we need to up that a little bit. And maybe he was just being careful.
Speaker 2: Maybe was their power hitter with runners on, he didn't want to lay one in there on the first pitch. You know, scenarios create stats. So, I mean, it's a very good season. Did they win? Did they make the playoffs? How did Boomer do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It all starts tomorrow, so they're going on to the playoffs tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh so we still got more. Yeah, so that was just it is their ace. Yeah, Boomer's the ace. I would say, Yeah, holy crap. It just must be a nice being a lefty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it must be.
Speaker 3: I mean, of all that.
Speaker 1: Two things, I noticed, dude never threw more than two or three balls in a row. Pretty impressive the.
Speaker 2: Fact that you went back.
Speaker 1: No, I've been doing it all month. Oh but I was a little behind caught up this morning. Sorry.
Speaker 2: I thought you did that in one night.
Speaker 1: No. I was like, dude, you need to get a life. Some of the camera angle because it's just a person putting their phone on the fences. And sometimes you can't tell well, no, no, no, I can tell pretty dang good. Sometimes the camera angle is brutal and it's shaking the whole time. But you know what, I do my due diligence and I get in there and I get the balls and strikes. Other times it is a pimp angle and I'm like, this is awesome. I wish I could watch it in person. What do I want to do next year? I want to retire. I want to get a gun and I want to gun every one of his pitches to see how fast he's throwing.
Speaker 2: But next year is senior year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it'll be my last shot of doing it if he never makes college.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna have to go and watch his senior day, right.
Speaker 1: That's why I want to I want to graduate. I retire so I can go do that for the whole month of May.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you'd have to do the podcast from remotely right, because I mean I wouldn't be able to do this by myself. It'd be like, hey, how are you doing today? Oh, I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: How are you? Oh I'm doing good? How are you?
Speaker 2: I mean, that would be really weird. We'll take a break and we'll be right back. Ray drama, drama, drama, drama.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you man.
Speaker 2: Wednesday night co ed soccer, it was playoff time, my team versus another team. If you win, you play a second game that night. And I look at the schedule and we're up against a team that didn't win a game all year. They scored a total of four goals, give up, gave up fifty two goals, only scored four. Then I was like, oh my gosh, we're gonna have two games on Wednesday night. So when I'm kissing the boys, because it's eight fifteen and then it would have been nine to fifteen and I'm kissing the boys, I'm leaving, I'm like, love you boys, Love you boys, Love you boys. You're right, Dad, You're gonna be home real soon, right, And I'm like, noh, bud, We're gonna have two games tonight, two games, and I'd send out the group text, hey, who's in, who's out?
Speaker 1: In? In in?
Speaker 2: Our goalie hadn't responded, so eleven am Wednesday morning, I finally texted him individually. I said, hey, are you coming? He goes, I'm in good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Are you c U, M, I, N G.
Speaker 1: And then no, that's not what I put. Ah, that's not what I put. Are you coming?
Speaker 2: And then Nicole says, hey, I got an extra girl sub that way we have, you know, plenty of girls on the Oh.
Speaker 1: Nicole the girl at Odie's our friend. She's a bartender, brunette hair. You got a shelf on her. She has a shelf, but she doesn't work at Odie's. It's different girl. Yeah, different girl. Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm like sweet, So I roll up. James is there and Nicole's there, and then her friend shows up. She's like, oh, here's my friend that I told you. And I was like all right, sweet. I was like what's your name? And she was like Caroline, My nice to meet you. I'm like, so what position do you play? She goes, Oh, I've never played soccer.
Speaker 3: This is the team we're fielding.
Speaker 2: I'm like what, She goes, Yeah, I just I know Nicole play, so I just thought it'd be fun to try it.
Speaker 3: Bro, you can get baser to play.
Speaker 1: And I get real quiet, and I kind of like I'm stretching out.
Speaker 2: She goes, I think I scared him by the tone of them.
Speaker 1: I don't play soccer. Said no, no, I'm not scared. I'm not scared. It's cool. It's cool, it's cool. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Did you say this is playoff time?
Speaker 1: I didn't want to put that pressure on her.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I was like looking at the cole like I was trying to give Himicole a look like without giving her a look like, what the hell are you thinking bringing someone that's never played soccer to playoff time?
Speaker 1: That makes sense?
Speaker 3: And if they can compete?
Speaker 1: Says something about your league is at a conference or division.
Speaker 2: So then where it's just me and James, our goalie shows up.
Speaker 1: It's Matt.
Speaker 2: We need one more dude. Jordan's supposed to be there. Where's Charlie? Then we get a text from Jordan gonna be there right at game time?
Speaker 1: Running late? All right, Michael, all right, cool man.
Speaker 2: That's cool, Charlie. Anybody heard from Charlie.
Speaker 1: Checked the chocolate factory. No, coach, I'm just trying to get involved with this team. I don't know anybody about. Do you have anybody in this building that plays in your team? No, because I don't know a damn person from Adam Charlie. I thought I knew Nicole from ODI's.
Speaker 2: No, And so we hit Charlie. We like, hey, Charlie, are you you parking right now?
Speaker 1: Or what he responds?
Speaker 2: He goes, oh, I guess I didn't tell you, guys, but I'm not gonna be able to make it.
Speaker 3: I've got Corona.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well there we are.
Speaker 2: Now we're down to no guy subs if when Jordan shows up, we got three guys for the whole night.
Speaker 1: The goalie plays goalie.
Speaker 2: Jordan shows up about fifteen minutes into the game, and my strategy for this game is because they've only scored four goals all year, Ray I said, listen, guys, we don't even need to run. We should just put a few in the back of the net and sit back and relax.
Speaker 3: You better run if you're gonna play the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Boy, it couldn't have been more opposite Ray. They jump out to a one nothing lead. After scoring four goals all year, they jump out to a one nothing lead.
Speaker 3: At short net turf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, I could score a goal in that crap. Here's the problem. I would score on South Beach. He was a kicker, and that we would play in the apartment. I never played soccer. I'd score on his ass. That's great.
Speaker 2: He was a kicker. He wasn't a goalie.
Speaker 1: No, he played soccer, but he wasn't a goalie. Maybe that's how I was able to score on Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then Jordan shows up and what is Jordan wearing?
Speaker 3: Banana thong?
Speaker 1: No crocs?
Speaker 3: He's like flut combs, got all those little giblets on it.
Speaker 2: He says, hey, man, does anybody got cleats? I forgot my cleats.
Speaker 1: How in the world, as a grown ass adult do you forget your cleats? Been there?
Speaker 2: You know you are going to a soccer game as an adult and you forgot your cleats? And so James Lucky, He's like, hey, I got an extra pair, and he goes where are they? He goes and puts them on. Well, the problem is Jordan were size eleven. James is size ten. So Jordan's feet are crammed up in there, hurting and he can't run. He's complaining. Then luckily, out of nowhere, Matt says, hey man, I got an extra pair. If you want to go get him out of my car.
Speaker 3: I'm home just like you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So it's one nothing them at the half. They're up one nothing and this team has scored four goals all year.
Speaker 1: They haven't won a game. We have to win to advance. So say you guys are Liverpool. What team would you compare this to for our Premier League fans? Is this Northwich City? Or nodding to m for us, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, farther down way down there? All right, So we get one goal, it's tied one to one. Then it's back and forth. I mean we are running, we are exhausted.
Speaker 1: You're not as good as Chelsea no or arsenal right, okay.
Speaker 2: Him there, they're more to like. Okay, we we are the you're Liverpool. I would say we're the Ravens and they're more like the Browns, okay, or like the Titans.
Speaker 1: Who are you on the Ravens? You're Derrick Henry?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I'm more Ray the kicker, Dicker, Patrick Queen, the Tucker. Oh Tucker, No, no, no, I'm not Tucker Man. I'm not Tucker Man. I don't do the massages. Nope, nope, No, Tucker's not on my team that I know about. Knowing on my team is Tucker that I know about? And dude, this was supposed to be our easy game and we are dead exhausted, sprinting up and down the field trying to get a goal. They come down three on one Goalie blocks it, throws it out to Jordan. Jordan kicks it off their person, trying to joke him, but it bounces off their leg.
Speaker 1: He gets a good bounce, he shoots.
Speaker 2: He scores two Noble and after the ball goes in the net, the reft tweet he scored with two seconds to go to move us on in the playoff. But the problem is we gotta play again, and we're playing a team that didn't have to play. They got a first round by so they're just sitting pretty. They're not tired. We're exhausted. No guy subs how many game or daybreak?
Speaker 1: Five minutes?
Speaker 2: Ohhee, five minutes? And I mean the first game was supposed to be our easy game. We weren't gonna run, we were gonna just chill.
Speaker 3: That was your game plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they only scored four goals all season. Ray, our game plan was to be absolutely as lazy as like, what what game plan is that? No?
Speaker 2: No, literally, that was my game plan because I literally, all right, that's the wordst game plan I've ever heard a coach lay out. No, it was a great game plan because you think you're gonna smoke this team that is not very good because they've only scored four goals all year, So you assume you're gonna smack them and you're not gonna have to worry about hustling, and you're gonna have so much energy for the second game. Instead, we're laid out on the side of the road waiting for the next team, going, oh my god, how are we gonna play this game?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Brother, you got a couple bucks and.
Speaker 2: We got no guy subs. Remember we've been playing the whole I played all fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: But you that's what you wanted back in the day. You wouldn't play all the time, you complained.
Speaker 2: James played all fifty minutes, and we got another fifty minute soccer game five minutes after that one.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of running.
Speaker 1: And you just say a lot of running. I really wish you were into technology and you'd wear a watch so I can know how many miles. I mean, are you rocking twenty miles? Doing or not twenty miles? I don't know if I'm rocking twenty thousand steps.
Speaker 2: Oh, easily twenty thousand, seesh. How many steps are in a mile?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But typically a really high energy day twenty thousand, Like when I did it. I was running with the baby, running with Boomer back when he was twelve, and he didn't sit on a couch all day, and I did twenty thousand after the whole day of running. Yeah, so I'd say i'd had to look, I'd had to I could wear it. I mean for your birthday, No, I have one. It's I'm gonna get you one, dude.
Speaker 2: So we're like, oh my god, I don't know how we're gonna do this, And we did exactly what we were supposed to do.
Speaker 1: The first game.
Speaker 2: We spread out, we passed the ball, passed the ball, didn't try to dribble it, didn't run, We score one goal, up one nothing.
Speaker 1: Then me just observing. I noticed they're big. Dude, he's huge.
Speaker 2: He likes to use his left foot only, so just stay on his left foot. Dare him to use his right foot.
Speaker 1: Won't do it.
Speaker 2: Other guy subs in. I see him make one pass. He turns his whole body to pass it with his left foot. Said thanks, I know you're left footed. Don't have to worry about your right, so just stay on his right left foot and Darren to kick it with his right.
Speaker 1: I mean that's yeah, that strategy one on one, wouldn't do it. We score a second goal, we score a third goal, we score a fourth goal.
Speaker 2: And then they score one for to one. We win, and we are absolutely second half, let me tell you second half, we were doing a lot of kick the ball out of bounds and let it roll a little way so we could catch our breath, just to waste some time because we are so freaking tired. Jordan had to go out. He was cramping.
Speaker 1: He had to go get stretched out on the sideline.
Speaker 3: So you were a man down.
Speaker 2: Well, a girl came in and the girl that never played she would come in and it was like we were playing a band down, you know, because she didn't know what she was doing.
Speaker 3: Was she decent?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, Ray, she couldn't kick the ball. She went to kick the ball one time and no, and she fell flat on her face, literally face playing it into the ground and the other team stopped to make sure she was okay. That's how I mean. They had to stop the play because they were worried.
Speaker 1: She was hurt. That sportsmanship and.
Speaker 2: She would get on the and she'd be on for like three minutes. I'd look at the other girls in the Southern beach, are you guys good? Get Blondie off, Get Blondie off. I was like, I appreciate her coming, but I'm here to win. Get Blondie out. And it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate her alo tank top and shorts athleisure, but she's not good at soccer. No, no.
Speaker 2: And I after the game, I said, Nicole, what the hell are you thinking? Like, what are you bringing a girl that's never played for She goes, I don't know. She just she said she wanted to play. Mike, Nicole, you gotta do better.
Speaker 1: I mean, at that point, you guys are just looking for a warm body. Hey, we were, but we were moving on.
Speaker 2: We're moving on to next week and the boys will be there as we have marched all the way to the championship. Matt, we are in the ship next Wednesday night at seven to fifteen.
Speaker 1: Are you really yeah? That's CMA Fest. Are you sure that isn't that softball game? No softball games?
Speaker 2: Monday Stadium is Thursday, Wednesday night, seven fifteen. The boys will be there. They will be face painted, and we are going for the ship.
Speaker 3: Is the team favorite it or you guys the.
Speaker 2: Team were playing? They beat us in the regular season. Okay, yeah, so if that makes.
Speaker 3: You what part of town is that.
Speaker 2: It's on the eastern eastern seaboard. I swing it, dude, what time seven to fifteen?
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 3: I could have bet at five.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's right by our old crib.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the gas station might be closed.
Speaker 3: I'll go to Rosie Pepper.
Speaker 1: No, no, our gas station. It has to be because the.
Speaker 3: The I mean, you know, people were shot.
Speaker 2: No, no, the uh the how the apartments across the street, they're empty, like they're about to be bulldozed.
Speaker 3: Because they're doing tall and skinnies.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're rebuilding, doing something upgrading them. I don't know what they're doing. I have to look at the plans, but they're absolutely empty. Thirty seconds to tell you this, Yeah, baser. We went to the mall in Green Hills. And then when she gets me in the car and she lets me go to a sports bar at the mall, then she knows she can just totally play with me.
Speaker 1: And we had agreed to the mall, and she decided to go to a TJ Max uh painted door, and we ended up in our old neighborhood. Oh. It took us to some TJ Max on the exact same street we used to live on, and I said, go right, just I can't see this neighborhood anymore. Please go straight. No, we're not going on Call Hall. No, go right, We're not going that way to TJ Max. Thank god. She makes a left, right, left, gets back on Douglass and out of there. It was terrifying being back in that area.
Speaker 3: I see the.
Speaker 1: YMCA, Margaret Maddock, she goes, who would work out there?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Me? I did for an entire year. It was the worst gym ever. Hey, there was nobody under fifty that.
Speaker 2: Brand new gas station that sells pizzas. I stopped there after the game stop there, got some drinks because I was so dang thirsty. On the corner on the corner, Man, that was built when we were there. It would got built while we were there. And the homeless are still there? Hey, hey man, just if you can bless me on the weekend and way out, bless me man?
Speaker 1: And that that hot I believe it's a pork missile or do they have They have missiles for sure.
Speaker 3: And nachos on the corner is still there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how they're just right there on the corner. It's a good location.
Speaker 1: I can't believe all the businesses to stay in business that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing, dude. It was memory Lane, Memory Lane. We'll take a break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Are the NBA Finals ever gonna start? Like I? I thought the I thought the Pacers had already wrapped up the series. I didn't realize they still hadn't They played last night? They got blowed out. I mean, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: That's good? We want game six?
Speaker 1: We want games? Do we?
Speaker 2: They're not even fun to wat? I mean, I guess the first few, but last night was blowed out.
Speaker 1: City.
Speaker 2: At least I get a Saturday night game. I turned it on and it was they were down by thirty. I was like, well, no need to watch that.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: It was like the second or third quarter and I just like kids got to bed and I'm like, all right, let me see what's going on the game.
Speaker 1: Well, now what am I going to watch.
Speaker 3: With the running gun?
Speaker 1: Three pointer?
Speaker 3: I thought about it.
Speaker 1: The reason has changed the game is teams can now and if they are hot, if they are cooking. As a kid, say, you have the potential to blow a team out by forty, and that has happened several times in these NBA playoffs. I mean, I mean the thunder. Oh my game wasn't even close. That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: They blew them out by like it blowed them out, blowed out by like forty.
Speaker 1: Again. See, I want a Game seven in Madison Square. But I just think the Pacers at home on a Saturday night that that place is can be in toego.
Speaker 2: Now, that would be Game seven at Madison Square Garden. I would sign up for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I would love that. We're sports historians and you don't want to Game seven at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 2: I didn't say I don't want one. I'm just saying, is it really gonna get there?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in Madison Square Garden? No, I've been outside of it, so have I. Dude, a block away and you can feel the aura. I walked right by.
Speaker 3: That's a powerful venue.
Speaker 1: Titan Nissan Stadium, you know you got the you kind of almost you actually feel like a vagrant when you walk past it. But Madison Square, the Garden, that's the home of basketball. That's a powerful venue. Can you imagine walking to a game, any game? Dude, Madison Square. Baby, you're not a fan.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I even like it. I mean, it's fine, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: The fans know how to.
Speaker 1: Cheer, well, they know how to cheer. I understand. The guy gets a three pointer, the fans start rising to their feet. Yankee Stadium, Madison Square, they know Rucker Park? Do they know how to root on a game?
Speaker 2: What the hell does Yankee Stadium have to do with Rutcker Park.
Speaker 1: They know when to cheer. Oh, this isn't Colorado Rockies. That's have an avalanche. The Rockies are in the playoffs. This isn't Sirt Barnum and Bailey Circus plays. They know when to cheer, they know when to root, they know when to be funny that the crowds in New York are barn one the best. And I'll hang up and listen. So don't say we don't want a game seven. No, I want a game seven. But they have to get past it. I literally thought the series.
Speaker 2: Was over and I saw last side they were playing. I was like, oh, let me turn it on down thirty. Okay, you can turn that off. Thanks for that. That was entertaining.
Speaker 1: Brunson cooked. Halliburton efficiency wise had the most efficient game in the history of college and professional basketball. I believe it was even more efficient than Joekick when he got thirty twenty twenty and had like some efficiency point total of fifty. Haliburton was in the forties the other game. He knew he was gonna fall off, and he did in a big way. Yeah, he had a horrible game.
Speaker 2: And then I got the terrible news that college football is looking at a five plus eleven model, five highest ranked conference champions plus eleven at large. Here we go, everybody gets in. This is about to get so boring.
Speaker 3: I'm fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I'm balls deep right now in Heisman there is about a litany of players that I've never heard of. The only guys I've heard of is arch Manning, Garrett Nussmeyer, and klub Nick because he's supposed to win the Heisman like three years ago. Other than that, you know he went to school right Texas Westlake. Outside of those cast of characters, I have no idea who these guys are. Talk about some turnover. Uh, you got Drew alhar broke his leg one day and now he's in the race for to win the Heisman.
Speaker 3: You know it's quarterback central.
Speaker 1: You got a guy, you got the guy they always talked about being seventeen. You got a wide receiver for Ohio State. You got a wide receiver for Alabama. Those two guys, the Williams guy, the Williams and Williams. And then you got saying just saying he's up at Ohio State new quarterback. Other than that, I don't know who these kids are. We know it's not gonna be a defensive player that wins the Heisman. It's never a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: I mean, last year Illinois would have been in the playoffs in college football. Oh my god, right now, whoa that screens? Let me watch that I can't freaking wait.
Speaker 1: Guys, I have done some very rudimentary metrics and calculations. I say, klubnik Clemson has a pretty easy schedule. They play LSU first game of the year. If there is somebody, it's Clubnick eight times your money.
Speaker 2: And people, oh, you don't like march madness. In college football and college basketball are totally different animals. Five guys on the court is way different than eleven beasts on a football field. Five on five on a basketball court. One guy gets hot and you can upset the big dog. It's that easy football there is. It's not the same animal. Like the parody in college football is nothing compared to in college basketball. Basketball is a different animal. We don't need sixteen because after sixteen we're gonna go to twenty four. Then we're gonna go to thirty two. Do we really need that many college football teams in the playoffs? Do we really think Illinois deserves to be in the playoffs? Iowa State? Do we really think they need to be in the playoff? Come on, it is so gross. Nothing is gonna matter in the regular season.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have three to four losses and get in the playoff. This is gonna be so fun.
Speaker 1: Yay, and guys, I don't know if any of you guys bet anymore. I don't know. It's whitewashed the entire country, frankly, but if you are thinking about it, there is a futures bet that is just right for the taking right now.
Speaker 2: Callaway to win Most Improved at Coaches Convention five.
Speaker 1: Justin said, unless somebody dies and comes back from the dead, Callaway is a lock at minus one thousand to be comeback Coach of the Year. That's funny.
Speaker 3: He texted me that every day.
Speaker 1: Unless somebody goes it becomes a corpse, is revived in the er Roub, Callaway is an absolute locke as come back coach of the Earth the convention.
Speaker 2: That's really that's really funny.
Speaker 1: I mean that unless somebody is pronounced dead about to be put in the ground and they come back, they will not win. That's really funny. Oh man, I wanted to say this. Caitlyn Clark, she's hurt for two weeks, guys, and her odds keep dropping. She was even money to win MVP. Now it's plus three hundred. Some places have it plus five hundred. There's only three girls that can win it, Asia Wilson, Nofista Collinser and Caitlin Clark. Asia Wilson won won it last year. There's rarely a repeat winner. And she's not even having as good a Yearnfisia Collier. Guys, she's just having a great start.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Caitlin Clark is your MVP, and you're gonna win four times your money you got and you don't have to do it even right now. Save up, wait another couple of paychecks because she's not gonna be back for another two weeks.
Speaker 2: But this is the time to bet if you're gonna bet, because when she comes back, the odds will go down.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So in the next two weeks, save up your money, don't eat, don't don't don't go out and have that drinks with the boys, the white girls. As I'm saying, you're gonna go have a fancy Italian dinner or you're gonna stay at home and have his olies. Let's do that.
Speaker 3: So save your money. Caitlin Clark MVP.
Speaker 1: I have no idea why the betting sides had pushed it to like five times your money.
Speaker 2: Also got to talk about disappointments. Not only do was I disappointed with my non honey nut cheerios this morning Survivor season fifty cast. They hyped it up like it was gonna be a celebration of the fifty season, the forty nine seasons of Survivor, and we have like a few from the beginning of Survivor, and then we have like fifteen players from the last ten years of Survivor.
Speaker 1: Who is it Richard Hatch better build a wheelchair ramp on the island.
Speaker 2: He's not on it, but someone Jenna from the first season is on there or something. But it's like that they have three people from this past season, season forty eight, Like that's way too many to have from season forty eight. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: The shows are notorious for doing that Big Brother that an All Star in nineteen and Big Brother six, Big Brother seven, Big Brother eight, Big Brother seven was All Stars. They had five Big Brother sixers on. They just bring the people on from the previous year because they're already in that rotation of doing it. It's easier for the producers.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying, and I thought the same thing is that the people that are older like the earlier seasons. They're older now, so it's harder for them to get away. They may have jobs, kids, they may just be older like physically. And these new people, these are what the people remember. So maybe we wouldn't remember some of those people. But it's like you said, it was gonna be a celebration of all time. So bring Boston, Rob, Sandra, bring bring all these huge names from all the years. Instead of cramming like fifteen out of the last eight years down our throat, three people from last season. It wasn't that good of a season. I mean, it was a good season, but to have three out of the twenty four for season fifty out of that one season.
Speaker 1: Well, and imagine that they call as a producer, Hey John, Hey, yeah you were last season a survivor yet so you ain't been doing right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well then hey, if your schedule is still cleared out from last season, you've been doing some press and speaking appearances where you get like a couple hundred bucks and now it's probably dwindled.
Speaker 3: Hey you want to do a season again. It's very easy to.
Speaker 1: Do that that you may be right.
Speaker 2: They're bringing back two winners, a bunch of them have made the final tribal council. They have Season forty nine will air in the fall. Two people from that season are coming.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm actually gonna give you some info here. You're gonna find this interesting. Not just the truck drivers, what about tug butters. Nah, they're tugging along.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you Box's favorite segments.
Speaker 1: What if everybody that's Batter's box here is when we talk Survivor, he loves it, batter of the Box. You're gonna love this insight. I heard from the Big Brother people. They'll reach out to a ton of people. They get turned down by a ton of people because it ain't nobody that is in their cush little job or career gonna be making more money going on Survivor. So I'll tell you the stipend ain't that great the food they can afford groceries. Tons of them turn them down until Survivor sweetens it. Hey, we'll give you this much more money, until and then there's I've heard from the Big Brother people they'll say, hey, well come on, if you bring this person so you can do that as well. There's a lot of grimy stuff that goes on behind the scenes, but it's I know you love your survivor. Maybe it's not that coveted as it was. Oh it's still coveted. But I'm telling you that you're seeing the people that accepted show the list of the people that said, go yourself. I have a six figure job and I'm begging a supermodel.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna go eat dirt for a month.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, my girls face down right now.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna go live with a bunch of animals for two months?
Speaker 2: Not shower, not brush my teeth, get out of Boston, rob popping?
Speaker 1: Oh, good point?
Speaker 2: And then I and then this is the first time they've ever announced the cast before. So are these cast members now DM and each other? Hey we need to work together. Hey we need to get together. We need me and you if we're on the same alliance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all do that. Plans change once you get punched in the face. But Big Brother, all the seasons usually decided to work together. Season six and Big Brother they went in Hot to All Stars ended up losing it, but they were all a team for the longest time.
Speaker 2: I just got an update. Baby Box two is thrown up twice this morning. Well, sorry, man, his last day. Man, it's like back when I believe mine was a first grade I missed the last day of first grade because I got chicken pox. First day, last day of first grade. I wasn't at school because that chicken pox.
Speaker 1: Rough man. But there's nothing you can do about it, man, Justin knewman, hed take you?
Speaker 3: Justin? What's a cure for vomit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean he's got graduation, and I do. We gotta get him better, We gotta. We got a puppe full liquid.
Speaker 1: And you need to see if they have in town one of those you know for the drunks. They have the IV Yeah, maybe a kid ivy, Oh they could do that. Yeah, they come over with some skittles and some sour patch kids.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, have a good weekend. I'll let you know if we make it a graduation.
Speaker 1: This is sad, guys, All eyes on Jose Ramirez tonight or Justin the great has fallen and he is now called the Hits Merchant, And he goes, would you please always call me that? That's a badass nickname.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hits Merchant, you're such an idiot, hey, coachers, The free throw Merchant there's.
Speaker 1: A deep cut.
Speaker 2: But is there any way you have an audio from when Ray interviewed Kevin James. No, no, sorry, sorry, Edward dude.
Speaker 3: I tried finding it.
Speaker 1: No, I never saved it, and they deleted a lot of stuff in our system. We're trying to not get canceled. Yeah, alright, man, what a weekend? All right? I have a good weekend. Are you gonna stop it? Basically, I was like budding, all right, it is Kevin James promoting my movie hey, and this is me? Hey man? Was I able to ping from Texas to the aquarium all the.
Speaker 3: Way over to you in the zoo?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess. So this is Kevin James talking about my movie What's up? What do you want? And I go and I go, what do you want? He goes, well, you're interviewing me, And I go, hey man, are you still fat like you were in Kungbu Panthers? He said, it's confusing you. Which one do you use? The panda? And then there was a hang up pretty close after that, hey man, I was watching your new movie look confused at one point between you and the panda.
Speaker 3: You can't do that anymore that I gotta be canceled. He hanged up, just piste on.
Speaker 1: That you.
Speaker 3: At what point the interview just stopped?
Speaker 1: And I go, what do you want? And he goes, you're interviewing me? He thought he'd already got hit over the head. And I hit him with a fat joke on the way out, like, dude, that was just such low hanging through. What was I doing? What do you want? A great interview tactic? I didn't realize you have to continue an interview going on.
Speaker 3: You can't just hit him with what do you want?
Speaker 1: What a great interview tactic? Say what do you want? As they compare him to and then he goes like, is this serious or all right? Man? You know what? All right? You man? And hangs up. Then hits me with one of these he said, is this you being serious? Oh man?
Speaker 3: We promoted the heck out of that movie, though.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's still getting run all these years later. I got tears. I got tears, oh man.
Speaker 1: And then at the end, I go, quote for quote, I go, at the very end of it, you remember what I said? I look over at you because you were in the room, and I go, is that bad? I just remembered that I in my head I kind of thought it was good.
Speaker 3: What was I think? You?
Speaker 2: Hey, we just had Kevin James and he was off for a toll in twenty eight seconds.
Speaker 1: Was that bad? Oh my god? So stupid?
Speaker 3: Bones was so first?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, on there the last star in my life, and I think I got banned from the show for like two months or something.
Speaker 3: Good times.
Speaker 2: Oh Kevin James, I guarantee you remembers that interview. Check out that movie, guys, how great would it be if we got him on a gimme it? Heymember just a little twenty four year old. It was just beating you over the head on an interview. No way, there's no way that has ever happened to him all.
Speaker 1: Of his life. No one compared it to the panda.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I was cracking one liners at his expense. He's the movie star. Like, wait a minute, I'm supposed to be cracking the one line.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. We gotta go, Yeah, we gotta go.