Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene onegin with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: You guys, this is a smashing good time because the three of us are back together.
Speaker 3: Did you guys catch all the dirty double entaundras in this episode? It was dirty?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it was a good one. Though. iHeart podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app. I actually think this was a good episode, did you guys.
Speaker 3: Because we see how crazy what's her name is becoming? Tara? Tara? It is Tara, but she's really the necklace breaking and it was so old. What's going on? Tara Tara?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly did say this is my favorite necklace.
Speaker 3: Where to begin?
Speaker 1: This is season six, you guys, Episode twenty five Smashed aired March twentieth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Synopsis Valeries high priced lawyer says Colin is looking at six months in a slamoor and he is not pleased with the plea deal. Kelly brings home her rehab bestie Hara Marks, despite concerns voice by Don and Claire. Meanwhile, medical resident Greg clearly wants to play doctor Kelly and Steve's little brother's party hardy until one of them ends up in the er H directed.
Speaker 1: By Charles Carell, written by Meredith Steve. I like season six juicy. It's crazy, so juicy episode.
Speaker 3: I like season six it's totally crazy and far fetched in a million ways, Like Holland Colon, why did you run? You barely would even have a criminal offense against you?
Speaker 1: Was he He's as you plee pleap blee peep.
Speaker 3: I can't stay when I say that, I can't wait to get rid of him.
Speaker 2: Does he stayed through the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: He's got to be leaving so.
Speaker 3: That six seven more episodes he stays till.
Speaker 2: Us about to get worse.
Speaker 3: It gets about to get worse. You guys are lying. This guy's truly a tool.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's gonna do something worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna tell you. There's so much to talk about, because I want to talk about the run in that he has with you at the party. And by the way, Donna, you're not being that nice to Joe, but Joe's being a real pill. It's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, needy boyfriend stage.
Speaker 3: It's like, chill, Joe, we dealt with your football heart problems, got you. Steve Young like, yeah, let her do it. Anyway, where to start?
Speaker 1: Where to start tour? Do you want to run us through the breakdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we start out at the beach house.
Speaker 3: If my roommate was like, Hey, I went to rehab and now I'm going to bring this random home, I feel like, no.
Speaker 1: Never works out. I mean, obviously Kelly's really trying to support.
Speaker 2: Her, which is great, but she needs more than what Kelly can provide right now, having just gone through that herself and two college kids.
Speaker 3: You make a great point there that it's like, this is not a little thing. Like I know, and I am guilty of sort of in the very beginning of the storyline mocking it a little bit, but it's like, it isn't a little thing, and you shouldn't be dating Kelly shouldn't be dating, and we shouldn't be taking in a person. No, we should be focused on Kelly here.
Speaker 1: On herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, she's putting on herself and a lot of responsibility for Donna and Claire because they don't want to see Kelly slip or something happened to her. That's their concern.
Speaker 1: I forgot that she moved in though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's just staying for a bit. But it's so like immediately you remember, like my body remembers like, oh no, this is not.
Speaker 1: Good for sure. You know it's gonna get bad.
Speaker 2: For that girl. She had to wear so many nasty wigs.
Speaker 1: You don't like the brown wig or the blonde ones.
Speaker 3: What's her real life name? I know, I knew it, Moss Hage Moss. She was a good actress because one, she played crazy real well, she underplays it so you're like more freaked out. And number two, every time I saw her after this, all I could think of was Tara Tara, Like I was like, oh, there's the crazy link. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now we're I Cossa, Walsh and Claire and Steve are in bed. Steve make some very dirty remarks.
Speaker 3: This episode was so dirty. Yeah, and it had more than the normal amount of dirty double entaundres. But they aren't they're very in your face. I need them to be done too.
Speaker 2: Well. They're talking about the keg party that he's throwing and getting ready for the big night, and he's made everyone else responsible for doing the work. Now we're in the lawyer's office with Valerie and the lawyer, and lawyer tells her that Colin is only going to get six months, he'll be in like a hospital.
Speaker 3: And she's just paying for every single thing here, which comes to bite us in a bit. But yeah, she's paying the bail, paying for the lawyer.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous, this whole storyline.
Speaker 2: And he tells her she has to convince his clients to go for this.
Speaker 1: Right, which makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: Right, you do it, lawyer guy is not what he's getting paid for.
Speaker 3: And also why is she so I don't know, I can't. She's so loyal to him and like into him when he was dating Kelly one minute.
Speaker 1: Ago, like, oh my god, that's just weird. It's just so weird.
Speaker 2: I no longer felt like I always feel like she's doing she's an m O or something like she wanted to call him because he was yours. But now I feel like she's just in love with him.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's found somebody more damaged than her. She wants to save him. But also it just doesn't track. But I think that I don't know, I feel like she's got no one else to turn to at this point.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like Valerie is a girl that can ever be alone or is she that girl that always has to be What do you think.
Speaker 3: I think, Ding Ding? Has she ever been alone since we've known her? Nope, and she always stealing someone else's guy.
Speaker 2: Known her two seasons to be fair, well, she.
Speaker 3: Got her paws in Dylan right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this whole thing had me like flashing back to when she was in a relationship with Dylan and it's just like another body. But she does have that like puppy dog eyed I love you, I'll do anything for you. Think that's not characteristic for her, but I felt like she really wanted him to go to the party. Why was that so important to her? So she could be showing off? Look what I've got her right like?
Speaker 3: And first of all, she's showing off the drug addict felon. But okay, yay you Valerie, Like that's my thing. They make her unlikable, Yeah, like everyone's always like you guys don't like Valerie. It's like I didn't write this. They make her unlikable.
Speaker 1: You're just a viewer. You're just watching it live.
Speaker 3: In my nine o two one a life, and they de fight for your right to be a fan. You have to fight to dislike someone kind of because she's meant to be disliked unless I am crazy, right. They constantly write her to be the bad girl villain.
Speaker 2: The one we don't like.
Speaker 3: I think it raises the others up and he's just, Okay, this is where you're going to pick up Tara.
Speaker 2: Tara, what's the Poland version of Colin that we should call Tara?
Speaker 1: Sarah Tara Tomato.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So he apologizes for not calling Kelly but still would like to take her out and see here. She invites him to the Keg party, but also tells him that she's there to pick up Tara, and he seems not happy with it.
Speaker 1: You like one word of like oh yeah, and she's like oh.
Speaker 3: They're trying pretty hard in this episode to convince me he's not her doctor. There's a few mentions of that, like at least Tara. Tara calls it out and says like he's your doctor, and then you try to say like, no, he's not a doctor, but it's like.
Speaker 1: He's a med student. They made it clear like three times so that they could cover.
Speaker 3: Try to make this happen. But here's the thing. It's never appropriate for someone that works at a rehab to date someone that's at the rehab. Not the chef, not the staff, not the doctor, not the not doctors.
Speaker 1: It's so, what do you think in the nineties those were the rules too, and maybe they were a little lucier about it in the nineties.
Speaker 3: I think they are the rules in the days of your Remember that Angelina Joe Lee Winona Ryder movie. Feel like it would have been inappropriate in that movie.
Speaker 2: What was that called?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 2: In Erupted Girl? Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank you? That was a rough movie. I do make an exception for, like I said, for Wendy Malick and Harrison Ford and shrinking. She is his doctor, but then she becomes not his doctor. So there are times when I will make it okay.
Speaker 1: But in this case sketchy.
Speaker 2: Why would he take that chance? It's just a med students, his whole life ahead.
Speaker 1: I think Kelly got a fresh bleach her hair.
Speaker 3: Your hair is totally.
Speaker 1: Different, bright, it's so bright.
Speaker 3: Tory's got a new hair sort of moment happening too.
Speaker 2: And he walks hair color. Back then it was a different color every week. Okay. Back to Costa Walsh, Valerie tells Brandon that she wants to invite Colin. He disapproves, and.
Speaker 1: It was weird, like he didn't even look at her during that whole scene. He does that a lot.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed he was.
Speaker 1: Very busy on was he on his computer?
Speaker 2: Didn't all look at her?
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: And she's wearing a lot of leather blazers in this episode.
Speaker 1: She's tough. She's got to have something to protect her soft interior.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I love a blazer for the over thirty five people. It's little young for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well young, I mean she does that though. She's to be to look professional, and.
Speaker 2: I know she does. Yeah, her hair's on points. Her hair is full and onome. Okay, Now we're at the peach pit and Steve is having breakfast with his dad and his two half brothers, Ryan and Austin and my brother Randy Blaze Ryan, Which it was really great to see him back from the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were gone when we saw him the last time. And this is much bigger parts than he'd had previously. He was like a background guy basically when it like at the beach club or whatever. Although the brothers popped out of nowhere and Steve always is having to take care of them.
Speaker 1: But he gets a.
Speaker 2: Couple hundred bucks or what I know, I'm surprised that's all he got.
Speaker 1: I know, I thought it would be more, honestly, but it was good. I like seeing his brothers there. It's fun, brings another element. Maybe it would be good, Like what if they were going to have a spin off the younger the brothers interesting.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, because they're like you're reminding of like Beavis and butt Head.
Speaker 3: They're very comic relief.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy, the the Travis, he was really going for it, like making this a zany crazy character.
Speaker 2: So Rush is going away, Steve has to baby said his two brothers. He's like, I'm having a gag party and he's like, here's two hundred bucks and he's like back to the beach house. Ally's trying to help Tara. Sorry, I can't say it right, Tara, Tara.
Speaker 1: That's how you say it, Tatar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we say Tara, Tara, Tara Tar went in room Uh, Tera, Tara, uh make her field more at home. Claire and Donna come in. Big thing about juice.
Speaker 3: Juice, My god, the the great juice, this catastrophe of nineteen ninety six. Here you much juice. First of all, can I have the juice? Yeah, you can have the juice. Its care, it's Claire's. She won't mind. It looked like grapefruit juice.
Speaker 1: Of course, she chumes home, I would love to have a glass of juice.
Speaker 3: Then it was just like gosh with the juice, and also like can we be nice to our guests, like let her have the juice? Drink water?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gets Yeah. There was like a lot of stinkye for territors drinking there.
Speaker 3: And then you're like, you can have mine, and she took it.
Speaker 1: I was glad she took it, and I wanted her to be happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Colon's apartment, Here we are. Valerie tells Colan that he has to serve soft time for six months or risk going to trial and getting a long sentence. Wamp oh, he's such a baby. Also, dude, maybe during this time away for six months, he'll become a better artist. He can work on his craft. And it's just wants to pray for it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I know art is objective and no offense to anybody whose art looks like Colon Colan's, but it's not. It's not my one on my walls.
Speaker 3: I don't mean a lateeen twenty one yearyear old, so young, twenties and you're dating a guy who is a drug addict, who runs from the police, who's going to prison. What what's your take on that? I think maybe if I was like an adult, like a fifty year old and this is my husband, I might stay loyal in my twenties. I think I would be like, real, sorry, Colon, hit the road.
Speaker 1: You're on your own.
Speaker 3: You're on your own. Dude, call your mom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, why is Valerie all he has? Where's his other sugar Mama?
Speaker 3: How where's that lady?
Speaker 2: Claudia?
Speaker 3: Oldlady hit the road when he picked you? And it's like, I understand his parents are he has like a bad upbringing, but like, I still think his mom would come out to la. She's just leaving him in prison. She just doesn't care.
Speaker 2: M So Valerie, immediately after a long of his sentence, invites him to the keg party. He's hesitant though, because Kelly might be there and make a scene.
Speaker 1: He says, it's a great write this guy to this party, by the way, Like what why.
Speaker 3: Getting ready to go to jail and they're going to a fraternity party? Like what's it?
Speaker 2: And you know what, though, you got to say, Brandon should have stepped in there.
Speaker 3: He's a sad kind of for Kelly's sake.
Speaker 2: Like Kelly's gone through so much, she's coming tonight, Like it's not easy going to a party in her situation. He should have said no.
Speaker 3: Why does he want this fellon in his house? Like the who's great?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a very good idea.
Speaker 3: He tried to say, no, there are a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people that are going to be there that probably aren't the biggest fan of his.
Speaker 3: And like, Kelly has got all this money, why don't you just get Tara Tara place to stay. The fact that she I don't know, it's just all crazy. I want her there.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Okay, So that happens back at the beach House para. Tara borrows an alfit from Kelly to.
Speaker 3: Wear to the party and her most favorite necklace or shadow.
Speaker 2: Not on.
Speaker 3: Tana loves the blatant foreshadow, but whatever doesn't like subtlety, I too want No, I'm not going to make you work for it, viewers. They're going to just really put it in your face.
Speaker 1: Drop it down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, at see you. Joe and David are talking about a video project that David's doing, and it'll happen to tag party.
Speaker 3: But we had to figure out a way to get those two sort of connected again.
Speaker 1: David and Donna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not as how, although Joe was being way too like weird about it, he.
Speaker 1: Was cool about it at first.
Speaker 3: He got in the scene was.
Speaker 1: So mopey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he acts like he has no other friends. Isn't he friends with all of them? He just stands there for himself the whole line.
Speaker 1: That's weird, pouting, it's kind of creepy.
Speaker 2: Back in Colan's apartment, so Hollr and Colon are making out when he starts saying he would rather not go to the can party.
Speaker 1: I felt that they were in an odd making out position, like she's just flat out laying on top of him and his legs are spread a kimbo, and I don't know, it just made me feel weird watching it.
Speaker 2: We're back at the beach house. Back at the Beaches, Terra finds out dead Rag, the medical student, not the doctor, is going to the party. Is how should Tara feel like she doesn't know anyone, really.
Speaker 3: Feel happy for her friend who's doing everything for her, but but she's.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, true, I think also her coming out. She's so vulnerable and frail right now after what she's been through a rehab and everything. I can imagine she would be feeling a little bit extra needy and.
Speaker 3: I suppose, but she also could stay home and chill. It's just like, I don't know, I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't there any other night of the week that Kelly could have invited medical student, not doctor Greg to go out?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That's an excellent point.
Speaker 1: It was all just so planned out. Everybody had to be at this party, but it didn't really make sense for Kelly to take him to this party where he knows no one, take her to this party where she knows no one, and then expect it to be a quote unquote date.
Speaker 2: I agree. I don't feel yeah, you would ever do that to either of them. So, yeah, they just want everybody there. Okay, well let's take everybody there. Here we are onto the party.
Speaker 1: It really doesn't look that fun, honestly.
Speaker 3: It looked kind of crowded, sweaty, and kind of lame, like.
Speaker 2: Maybe in high school that kind of party would have been.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was like, is anyone playing games anywhere? Like? I was bored? You can go drink in the kitchen, or you can go dance in the living room.
Speaker 3: So Corns was somebody playing quarters?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Months was yeah. Months. That poor guy. They gave him barely anything to do, but they keep bringing him back.
Speaker 1: I think he loved it. He was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably was stoked, but he never really gets like a juicy storyline, which is interesting, like we're working so hard to make Colon happen and Tara Tara, but we never tried to make Months happen.
Speaker 1: Really, No, he was just like that comedic sidekick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah to Steve, I guess it kind of looked like a fun party. I don't know now that I think about it really well, the Quarters looked fun. Yeah, and you're just at a house party. You're in college. If he's everyone there you liked, like, I guess that would be fun. I think I'm looking at it with fifty year old eyes, going, oh, I'm so tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time for bed.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to college, so I don't know, but in high school that's what the parties look like, so is I guess I expected more in the world of the college, but now, like a.
Speaker 3: House party that's it, you know. I mean, I think that would be pretty fun. Actually, I take it back. If I was in college and all my sorority sisters were there and there was a bunch of cool essays there, I think I would.
Speaker 1: Like, it's a nice house, yeah.
Speaker 3: And you're like, everyone's there and it's fun.
Speaker 2: Why not? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually feel like that would have been kind of fun. So ignore me. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Except for the two half brothers who were teens and there running around stealing everybody's cocktails, drinking.
Speaker 3: Those two people that like went to get a bite of food and then they were.
Speaker 1: That guy was like, hey, where's more drink?
Speaker 3: So bad and like he was he was so confused by it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, duh, well wait and mill you're like one line though he was.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, right, the dude just could get another one. They're free, Okay.
Speaker 2: So everybody's showing up the party.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Donna's doing her reporting.
Speaker 3: It's for their dumb TV college TV station. But it's the most boring segment ever.
Speaker 1: In Trouble, they were like, this is what the party was, Like, everybody's drinking and.
Speaker 3: Yes, because there's probably underaged people there. We know that the two, you know, Beavis and butt Head are there, but yeah, they had to figure out a way to get you two together and to get Joe sort of bummed.
Speaker 2: Out about it, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And mister moody pants in the corner. He's not really cute when he's pouting.
Speaker 3: No, he's cuter when he's smiling.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean it's probably It's got nothing to do with his looks. It's just a vibe. It's like too needy and disappointed. And Donna, can.
Speaker 2: We talk about Colin Valerie and Kelly?
Speaker 1: Yes, and comes Colon comes to the party. Did you hear the voiceover though, when when he's walking in, Like I could clearly tell that that was an added line because he goes, I can't believe you got me to come.
Speaker 3: Like looping.
Speaker 2: Adr. Yeah, no, I didn't notice.
Speaker 1: Also, there's the moment when we see off the set, like when David is shooting you through his camera.
Speaker 2: Through the through the kitchen into the like what would be the foyer, but it's the archway, but it Yeah, you probably noticed that right away, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, I've already I've already not commented on how many booms I saw in that set. I'm trying to refrain from that, but yeah, you see like that there's no ceiling, you guys, there was no ceiling on any of those sets unless the director like wanted them to put a ceiling in.
Speaker 3: Do we see that in this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see off into like the dark blackness that was the stage up there.
Speaker 3: Can you put it on the screen.
Speaker 2: No, one's caught that.
Speaker 1: You cannot really see it as much from the Oh the picture, it's kind of hard to see because it's just dark up there, but.
Speaker 3: That it just looks like they have fifty skylights.
Speaker 1: It would be like a ceiling with Oh that's that's funny behind there.
Speaker 3: So the room you all are in doesn't have a ceiling either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing that was up there was like rigging for lights. Yeah, a weird walkway that people could walk on, which was always kind of creepy. I always wondered who's up there? And I remember a few times like looking up do you remember this and like seeing somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you said walkway, I was like, I don't remember, but crew members.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was four steps from the Walsh House to the peach pit.
Speaker 1: No, that was on a completely in a completely different warehouse.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, okay, but you can walk. Okay, that's funny, And I actually don't think I ever really thought of it this way. So like, where's the beach house apartment near that ste there's all squallsh house.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, we had three, yes.
Speaker 1: And then we had the next door warehouse, which was the peach Pit, and later on it was now where this.
Speaker 3: After dark? Oh now where this? Oh my god, nowhere?
Speaker 1: And then on the other one where next to the porn studio, that's where the peach Pit was, right.
Speaker 2: Use peach for dark. Yeah, so where you see people parking to go into after dark, it was actually that stage. There must have been something.
Speaker 3: Oh, no way, so they sort of dressed up the stage for the parking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we had that stage. And then they didn't. They have to acquire it so we could add on. Okay, yeah, I think that's kind of how I remember it.
Speaker 2: Peach Brad Dark. We must have had something else on that stage, like Valerie's manager office, and.
Speaker 1: Like, oh Dylan's house was in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my gosh, it's so weird, my gosh. So beach Hoss apartment was like the furthest one away? Where was that one that was the one you were saying? Where? Yeah, right, yes, it was there.
Speaker 3: I've been to this set of Days of Our Lives and it's very takes away the magic because it's just like lined up, lined up, lined up, lined up, lined up, lined up, lined up, and you're like, the what and it looks real on TV and so fake. I'll line up, lined up, lined up. At least it feels like you had bigger spaces.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was on the other side of the Walsh House on our main set where our dressing rooms were?
Speaker 1: Did they use that? Like, I know Kelly's bedroom was right there, okay, right outside the dressing rooms, but it wasn't always up so they would rotate stuff like the Waalsh House was always there standing like the inter of the dining room, the kitchen and the living room, and that stairway to nowhere, that little outside patio and yeah, the little front entryway and the back.
Speaker 2: One where they like were they accused Ray of stealing the cocktail ring?
Speaker 1: Was that the back or the side because in this episode we see the side entrance.
Speaker 2: Well, it's connected to the kitchens right off the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Where is that where he passed out in this episode. Yes, yes, yes, yes that's I think off the side kitchen door, but off the back like patio doors. That was what led to like where the wedding was.
Speaker 2: Oh that that wasn't really that wasn't always there, right, okay?
Speaker 3: Gilmour Girls is a bit more magical because you like, go on the Warner Brothers lot and you see Luke Steiner and you actually go into it.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, are they just? The only ones that were standing all the time was the Walsh House and then whoever's I don't remember what else the beach your apartment, Yeah, the beach apartment.
Speaker 3: And I was weirdly thinking about this watching this episode. It is very interesting that they created the beach House apartment to be like the actual Beach House apartment in like hermosa, Like do you know what I'm saying? You could have just used the exterior and the interior could have been however anybody wants it, right, But they actually mimicked it exactly. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: The windows, it's the placement of the windows that they had to have the same. Probably well they did.
Speaker 2: They did it was inspired by a look at that house.
Speaker 1: But my point was earlier, Like I think that at that time our sets were amazing, Like they were like you said, they were really big, they had high ceilings, they looked real, like the tile and everything. Like I feel like I remember our sets being like, uh, you know, a step ahead when we were actually filming them, But now when we look back, it doesn't look like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we digress.
Speaker 2: But the interesting fans like would come to the set though, they would be super excited to see it all in person. It wasn't like low rent. It was like no, no, well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, let's go back to Colon and Kelly because that interchange exchange a weird kiss.
Speaker 1: I did she kiss him?
Speaker 2: I don't know. And I got so nervous for you slash Kelly when she was going in, I'm like, what's happening, what's happening? Yeah.
Speaker 1: At first she was like very it was very realistic. She didn't want to look him in the eye and she was like, oh, good for you, and that was uncomfortable. But then the kiss threw me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 2: She's not going to go back to him at all. I want to go back to him.
Speaker 3: Correct, No, no, because okay, good I don't think so, because if I remember, remember what's happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like a sweet goodbye kiss like closure. Okay, let's call it that. At least it was on the lips.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was a little it was a little smoochy like, it was a little.
Speaker 1: Like slow and tender, and and Valerie saw it.
Speaker 2: It was not happy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your Valerie.
Speaker 2: You walk by Valerie. Your shoulder like swing as he like veer off was epic.
Speaker 1: Like I'm sure Kelly just had to give her that.
Speaker 2: Little Yeah, she was not happy. Can we talk about David filming everybody's entrances? And medical student not doctor Greg walks in? How awkward to ask him, but what he said was even more awkward.
Speaker 1: The poem roses are red, violets are blue. I have no idea what the rest was. I don't know you.
Speaker 2: I don't know you. How do you do.
Speaker 1: Well? He's clever, he's a medical student, so he has to think quick on his toes.
Speaker 2: There, and David couldn't even give him crap. He was just like, okay, yeah, all right, yeah, what.
Speaker 1: About when Kelly and Brandon have their moment? When she comes there and he hugs her and then he says, how are you feeling? And she says good or something like that, and then he hugs her and he's like, yeah, you do feel good? Something super dracy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a Yes, there was another dirty, dirty line here.
Speaker 2: My huggs a little too long?
Speaker 1: Locked it not, of course no, but like.
Speaker 2: If Brandon cares so much, he shouldn't have invited her ex boyfriend who's an addict over.
Speaker 1: If he cares about his girlfriend, maybe he shouldn't have invited Kelly.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right. That just keeps going.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's, you know, core. They got to have the core there.
Speaker 2: And when Donna's taping, like doing a video, and she comes over and she's like Brandon Waltz and then she goes and his girlfriend I thought for a moment like did I forget her name or like I didn't say and his girlfriend Susan. I'm like, and his girlfriend it happens.
Speaker 1: See, it's not just me.
Speaker 2: And it made me think of that, and who is this?
Speaker 1: Her hair was wait wait wait, can we talk about her hair? It was just very brick curly. It was very curly, very poofy and same with Tera Tara. Her hair was like a whoop, Like, I know, Walt did that, not bless his heart, but that's a Walt do if I ever saw one.
Speaker 2: You know, he worked long and hard on that wig.
Speaker 1: Was probably better. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of hair in this episode. Okay, so the main part of the party, can we go to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, already the teens are drinking too much and Ryan slash Randy passes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, duncan dum. Very good drunk acting. I thought on Randy's part when he was like in the living room and he's getting all.
Speaker 2: The boys did great. They did Drunk acting is not easy, not easy, especially when you're stone cold sober in the middle of the day or never helps.
Speaker 3: You know. They're actually good. Obviously a brother, but the other guy, they're good. They're actually really good. Thank god. There's a doctor in the house, right yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: Dave was not watching it. He was just listening to it, and he was like, well, oh, that's so convenient there's a doctor there at the party. I was like, he's not a doctor, he's a med student.
Speaker 3: I believe itification.
Speaker 2: But I was like, well, what if he hadn't been there, Would they have known that it was out?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Boys, I don't know around some of that alcohol poisoning. I was like, yeah, because you could die, you pass out. Yeah, yeah, I think he would know. I don't think anyone would think it was bad chicken. I think you would know this guy's in trouble.
Speaker 1: Well, they would definitely know he had too much to drink. But would they know that that is a date, like he had had a dangerous level of alcohol?
Speaker 2: Right, he could have just drink too much and just passed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They'll like, let him sleep it off, He'll be fine, yeah exactly. Then then he dies.
Speaker 2: He'd be vomiting. What he be? Is there some like how do you know when someone is like, oh, we got to go to the er.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking, especially a little like a little lightweight like Randy, his little body can't handle that much alcohol.
Speaker 3: Immediately call mine one one. We're back at the hospital.
Speaker 1: Okay, so is back with Randy. I mean I don't know his character name.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, we're back at Colon's apartment. First, Oh boy, now, oh my god, this this is valeries upset. The way that Colin looked at Kelly made her feel terrible. Colan tells her that he loves her.
Speaker 1: He loves her and he's and she says, are you sure about that? And he's like, yes, I'm sure. So so much conviction.
Speaker 2: Sleep, Oh yeah, of course. Okay, back to the hospital. Now. Rush arrives at the hospital and he's like, what did you do? He's so mad, he was so mad. And they hear that Ryan Slash Randy has been transferred from the ER to the ICU that's intensive care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very bad, right, it's very serious. And also though I'm not sure, I don't know, I'm not sure how Rush felt that Steve should have handled this, like they should have told the teenagers don't drink, which Steve tried to do. But then Steve did let him have the one.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know who's to blame here, probably Rush.
Speaker 2: And I felt that way in the moment that I was like, Steve could technically defend himself here, like he could say I didn't know, I didn't you know, right, But he's just like.
Speaker 1: He didn't know, Yeah, he didn't know. He was like, let him let him drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did the right thing. Back at the beach apartment. Medical student not doctor, Greg drops Kelly and Tara Tara off after the party. They go outside to have a moments. Tara's very creepy.
Speaker 3: She's so lingery and creepy here.
Speaker 1: It was so awkward when she was like, we should go inside, Kelly, it's cold.
Speaker 3: That's just pretty fantastic, Like, oh, but I guess it was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Kelly felt like she had to like give him a good night moment?
Speaker 2: Do you think that wanted to like that guy? But again, she just got out of rehabs and ada like her life is going out with a woman whose name no one can remember and it's this hard. So she's gonna go for the next it's rebound, rebound. She's a cute together. It was a cute kiss, and I felt like Tara Tara was just like drooling inside. It made me super uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Necklace, necklace, and then all the all the beads dropping on the floor, so symbolic.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, back of the hospital. Doctor comes and tells Rush and Steve that Ryan Slash Randy will be okay after they pump his stomach.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Cossa Walsh Brandon answers the phone and he seems annoyed. So I was like, it can't be about them calling from the hospital, but it was. It was Claire and she says to Ryan slash Randy's going to be okay and tells the brother, okay, Steve, Ryan slash Randy in the hospital room, we're about to end the episode, and he wakes up.
Speaker 1: He wakes up and then details him I love you. Yeah, and that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: That should have come before the crazy necklace pull and end on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. So I'm gonna not make this uncomfortable for my fellow co host. I'm gonna take this right out of your hands right now. The obvious reason is my dad like they ended on Randy because in my dad'll say, think of that. I don't have to comment, Oh, I didn't think of that. You would never end the episode.
Speaker 1: I honestly did not think you didn't think.
Speaker 3: It was I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't even thinking of the father's son situation at all.
Speaker 2: Would you ever though? But think about it now? Now go back and replay it. You end your final scene and it's a slow camera pan in someone that's not even recurring, like.
Speaker 1: But he did almost die.
Speaker 3: It make such a great point. I really think you're right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and I'm not saying that my dad asked because he would not no, no like that. Yeah, they like, oh, we better push in on the son. And I'm sure he was like in there like freeze. They were like, he didn't say anything there for he was good with it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did not even think of that, And that is a great, great point for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean he was great in the scene.
Speaker 1: He was Yeah, I love that Amy, and neither of us went there. I'm very that's all saying something right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, really good?
Speaker 2: Is it over?
Speaker 3: Very long podcast, but really good episode.
Speaker 2: It's my first time going to see my scene.
Speaker 1: Did good time, very different.
Speaker 3: I think we should take it to the people for twenty twenty five. If they want us to just speed.
Speaker 2: It up a little bit, we can mix it up, go through the storyline one week.
Speaker 1: For me, the story want to do like ABC storyline. Remember I just.
Speaker 3: Remember that because to rip on everybody.
Speaker 1: I like, get it out of your system, right, I just.
Speaker 3: Been like Colon hit the oh dude, and that's it.
Speaker 1: What do you guys give it I'm gonna give it a eight and a half.
Speaker 3: You're gonna say ten. You held up both hands eight and a half. I'm going nine. I'm going nine, Tori, you finish yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, I was gonna say seven and a half, but then I'm bumping up to an eight because my brother. I don't even know why. I just think it was a really good episode, but there was just so many and I don't look at it typically like the way you guys do and look at all the things that don't make sense. But I couldn't help myself this episode.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Club of negativity.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: I have could think of a dirty double entendre to end things with, but it's so hard.
Speaker 1: Where it is it, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, but I just want to hold on to it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: On that note, next week we have episode twenty six. The season's coming to an end at some point, flirting with disaster. Ooh, that sounds exciting.