Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone, Elvis durand the Elvis durand phone.
Speaker 2: Tappen, Daniello, what's this phone tap all about?
Speaker 3: Well, Dorene email does and said, my sister Carol hates going to church on Sundays, but she's forced to go because she's the sponsor to my daughter Colleen for confirmation. So you call her and you tell her that she's a bad Catholic and you know it, so she can't be the confirmation sponsor anymore. Okay, So Daniel's going to start to call, playing the part of Mary from the church.
Speaker 2: Then you'll hear Doreen call her sister Carol and we'll listen in. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hi, may I speak to Carol? Hi Carol, This is Mary Green from the Assintiment Church church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, church of the You you don't know the church?
Speaker 3: You're going to be someone's confirmation sponsor at the church.
Speaker 2: Does that refresh your memory?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have no idea the name of my niece's church.
Speaker 2: Okay, remember the name of my kids?
Speaker 1: I called them all different things.
Speaker 3: Oh well then, okay, anyway, that might be a little problem because I need to talk to you about something I know in May, the confirmation of Colleen Elizabeth Russell will be taking place.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Colleen has informed us that you hate going to church. That's a start.
Speaker 1: I go to church every Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'm concerned because you're her confirmation sponsor, and if you're not a good Catholic, then maybe we should find somebody else.
Speaker 1: You know what. I would love to talk to you about this, except my five year old is going to school in about two minutes.
Speaker 3: Can you call me tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a call tomorrow morning about ten fifteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, okay, thanks, all right, bye, all right, we're gonna call her back and then you're gonna do all the talking.
Speaker 1: Okay. Hello, Hi, I just got a phone call from Church of the Assision.
Speaker 3: That's my church.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I didn't know that's the name of your church. So well, it seems as though she overheard Colleen talking to our friends saying that I was a joke of a sponsor and I don't even go to church church, I hate church. I'm forced to go to church. So it's kind of true. Well, I don't really care if it's true, for it isn't true. You know, she's gonna have to pick another sponsor. Now. I mean, I'm honestly, I'm kind of passive if she'd have called me up and tell me I'm not.
Speaker 3: A good Catholic. I mean, not for nothing. But you don't really go to church. I mean, so whose business is that? Well, maybe you.
Speaker 2: Could prove to Mary that you're a good Catholic. I do you what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's some good deeds or something, break through some good deeds, let me die. I was so close to saying, well, she's really very nice.
Speaker 2: So I don't know why she would be like that.
Speaker 1: Yea, it only puts Colleen in a mind I could give it either way.
Speaker 3: Will it'd be nice if you were her sponsor.
Speaker 1: Can I didn't mind that, But she's the one who's messing it up, not me.
Speaker 3: Let me see if I can get.
Speaker 2: Her on the line.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, hello, yeah.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi.
Speaker 3: First of all, your sister said you were upset with me, which I apologize if I came across in a brash way. But the fact is we need somebody who's a good Catholic to be a confirmation sponsor.
Speaker 1: You don't know me, and I'm a really offended that you keep telling me what kind of Catholic I am, and what I do and what I don't do well, I apologize. I honestly, this is really upsetting to me. I've never had somebody call me up but tell me I'm a horrible Catholic.
Speaker 2: I'm trying just to be honest.
Speaker 1: How could you be honest? You don't even know me.
Speaker 3: Well, she does work for the church, Carol, I mean you could tell her.
Speaker 1: This is a confession. I don't have to tell somebody, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, if you want to prove that you're a good Catholic and you still want to be the confirmation sponsor to Colleen.
Speaker 2: We have a soup kitchen.
Speaker 3: Where we need volunteers for community service for three weeks, you work six hours a week.
Speaker 1: Great, Mary, you know what, sign me up. Okay, when you're watching babysit my three kids, I'll be in your soup kitchen.
Speaker 3: Why don't you bring your kids along to the soup kitchen. They can help as well.
Speaker 2: If you have an idea.
Speaker 1: My six month old stir a part of soup. Maybe she'll vomit in and.
Speaker 3: At the same time, you know what, Carol, Yeah, what are you gonna tell me?
Speaker 1: I won the law no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to tell you that, but I am going to tell you. This is Danielle and you've just been photo.
Speaker 1: Carol.
Speaker 2: You are awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a stroke.
Speaker 2: Carol, You're so good. You're so good. I love you.
Speaker 1: I tell your payback for a bit.
Speaker 2: The Elvis Duran phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants.
Speaker 3: The Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show