Speaker 1: Hi everyone, It's I Do Part two and it's Alexis Billino here. You might know me from Real Housewives of Orange Counties, and I am so excited.
Speaker 2: To be here with my friend today.
Speaker 1: Galina Sakowska from McBee Dynasty, and we are here to talk all things love the second time around.
Speaker 2: Galina, Hi good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: It's fun to We've never been in this port platform before together, so this is kind this is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: Is actually will be awesome.
Speaker 1: You followed me around a lot during all this wedding celebration stuff, so we've we've had a lot of discussions about all this. But for the viewers that don't know You're and I, you know what television shows we've been on in our past, let's break it down.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit. Give them a little hiss about our.
Speaker 1: Love life, so like, how have you been married? How many children.
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna have to get into the good stuff about like what's happening today with your love life.
Speaker 3: Let's do that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, actually, yes, I have been married once for ten years. I do have one absolutely extraordinary child. She is just started her law school in University of Nebraska.
Speaker 3: She is twenty three, believe it or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little wild sorry about me about my past life, and you know, I'm more excited about the future.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also when you say twenty three year old, like, you don't even look old enough to have a twenty three year old. So I'm like, anytime I meet my children, I'm like, oh gosh, I can't believe I can say I have someone in college.
Speaker 3: I know, right, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I'm still in college, Galina.
Speaker 3: We always in college, you know. It's also life was like permanent college.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, so my background as we know is well, you know because you've been following me around though, But I am walking down the aisle in a very few days. I'm not going to say exactly how many are you ready, Galina?
Speaker 2: Do you have your gown? That's what I need to know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Actually, I have quite a few conversations with all of your friends.
Speaker 4: We are planning it all like the most exciting time of my year.
Speaker 3: Just letting you know that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome because there's a lot of surprises we have for you guys in store. This is more of a This wedding is more of a party than you know, we're not doing the Donna like you know traditional, so it's going to be a lot of fun around the around every corner.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited anyway. But it is, it is, it is.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to get nervous now because it's not my second time around, you know that, Galina.
Speaker 2: Even though this is I Do Part two, for me, this is I do part three. Okay, So I was married.
Speaker 1: I know you know this, but I was married one time before my Jim.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: I had my high school college.
Speaker 1: Sweetheart that I married for a year at like twenty three, got to twenty four. I could have probably gotten it and old, but we did not. And then I met Jim. So I was with the father of my children for fourteen years and then lo and behold, I meet John, who I was just breaking up with another fiance, and three months later and strolls John. So it was the timing on mine for my I do part two is like really bizarre. And I fought it for a while and then I was just like, you know what, when you might when you find the guy or the guy find you, I feel like it's more like they find you, don't you. I feel like the guys find the girls when it's like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to seek him out. It was like he found me.
Speaker 3: This is what you know.
Speaker 4: Those are all the questions I have for you, because like I literally was.
Speaker 3: Married one time.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm coming from completely different cultural background, and I want to have all this knowledge and all this experience because sometimes I just wonder.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, I've been married only one time. I don't have a ton of relationship.
Speaker 4: I'm so looking forward to all of the ad vices. I have a billion of questions for you because I feel like I still have the chance.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: You cannot tell me people are not You cannot tell me people are not asking you for your phone number or asking you on dates when you're out my little I call you. I tell all my friends, I call you my Russian Missouri friend, because you know I've so you know, I'm headed back to my farm in a couple of weeks, and you're coming to see my little podunk farm and I don't have time to stop my your ranch or oh, I don't know if you guys call it up.
Speaker 2: I guess it is McBee farm.
Speaker 1: But yours is glamorous Okay, you're coming to my neck of the woods, and I think my family owned only like four thousand acres, but we're in a town that's like three hundred people, and we had most of the land and it's been in our family for like two hundred and seventy years.
Speaker 2: I don't know, something like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so you're gonna come see that, Glina, and then the next one.
Speaker 3: Going to and we're going to bring the whole new flair to the farm.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you bring one of your really cool tracks? We need that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I got you covered. I'll give you the best truck available.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, I want to drive around in one of those I do.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going to make you. Yeah, we're gonna have a lot of fun on the farm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what would be what would be one of your questions for that? You said you have so many then, because I I don't feel like.
Speaker 2: I have all the knowledge, but I am getting married.
Speaker 6: So well, hey, you know, first of all, like tell me like all about your engagements to John, Like how did you handle you know, this is the best advice you can give me.
Speaker 4: Your entire relationship will us in a public eye not only that it was extremely difficult. You know, you got a lot of hate. How did you handle, like, how did you deal.
Speaker 3: With all of that? Well?
Speaker 2: I cried a lot. I hibernated a lot during that time.
Speaker 1: But the beauty and all of that was you know, And the funny part about that is John and I both knew like the reason we felt the attraction right away. We knew, oh gosh, we're in trouble. But we really did just stay on the phone until two o'clock in the morning. It was plutonic. It was no, no, no, no. You know, we were like, no, we're not going to go there. We're going to just be friends. And we thought we could handle it. But you know, two to three weeks into it or a month, we was like we knew there was really no no getting.
Speaker 3: Out of it.
Speaker 1: But then, you know, we tried to keep it quiet and we snuck around for a little bit, and knowing that America would scrutinize us and hate us well like you know, the Bravo world, b Bravo fans would not like it at all. So we did hide for a little bit, and then people were sending things into TMZ behind our back, and people there was even a paparazzi that came down to OC and like got us when I was because they all knew where he lives, right because of his relationship with Shannon, And they even got us going to church one day. So it was then it came to the point where we had to make a statement and we came out, you know, and let America know. But I think once the hate really really started, that is what kind of drove John and I closer together, to be honest, because I think that can either break a relationship, just like a death of a loved one can make or break a relationship.
Speaker 2: But like the scrutiny and the hate we.
Speaker 1: Were getting, I think is part of what just made our bond so much stronger because we're like, if we can get through this, and every day we'd have to pick each other up, like don't turn on your phone, don't read anything in the media, don't do any of that.
Speaker 2: I think it really.
Speaker 1: Really helped our relationship flourish even more. Even that it sounds so weird, you know, cause it was a very stressful time, but it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of a beautiful love story.
Speaker 1: And I always said, I always said to everyone, just give us time and if everyone really watches it, it's a beautiful love story how we met and how we persevered through very difficult season on a national television show.
Speaker 4: So you know, and honestly, I am so humbled and so happy that I got to meet both of you and got to know you on a personal level because it completely changed my world too.
Speaker 3: So you know, obviously not only you guys had to.
Speaker 4: I mean, display all your true feelings in front of everybody and stay true to yourself, and you know, like it's an incredibly inspiring It gives me so much hope, and like I have enormous respect for both of you. A lot of people like sometimes just give up under this type of pressure, and you just kept who you are, you know, like you felt those true feelings and.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you guys are my complete role models. Like I'm looking after you. I'm like, I'm super grateful and.
Speaker 4: You guys giving me a hope that there is something that you know, maybe in the future in store for me.
Speaker 2: Well, so are you dating?
Speaker 7: I am still recovering, to be honest, I mean, for anybody who did not see Season London, Season two of mcbe Dynasty and don't know my entire previous background.
Speaker 4: I'm like I am right now, I'm just observing them. That's why I have so many questions for you. And you know, you've been such a role model and you literally give me hope because you know, obviously, my entire disaster of the relationship was also on a national TV and available to public, and I got I got an enormous amount of support and I got a lot of hate as well.
Speaker 3: So but it's new to me.
Speaker 4: So your advice, your guidance, everything that you guys experience and everything that.
Speaker 3: Kind of kept me going and you know giving me home. So so grateful for you.
Speaker 1: Well you did you did do kind not not do You did go through something similar on the opposite, Like I had a public relationship that began that was hated so much, and you had a public breakup.
Speaker 2: That was very difficult.
Speaker 1: So we kind of I mean, I think that is a lot of how we you and I became fast friends too, not only because I mean, you are a Missouri girl now, so we have those comment but I mean, if you think about it, we both did have a lot of the same scrutiny and hate for two different reasons. Ones a breakup and one's a relationship. But John really is what helped get me through it because he I've never known a man like him, like he is just so he is. He knows his moral compass, he knows his integrity, he is just like he saw what he wanted and he came after it and he was like, I don't care about the public, I don't care what anyone else says. And he was just just a rock and such a force, you know.
Speaker 4: And this is so freaking and this is why I love you guys so much. I mean the moment when we we had the bridal shower on Newport and the first time, you know, we kind of like hang out on a very casual in you know format, and I saw him supporting you and like genuinely absolutely adoring you, and I'm like, wow, I mean, I don't even know what that feels like. But I saw how authentic you guys relationship is and it just, I don't know, it just put me in such a good mood.
Speaker 3: It made me so happy for both of you. And who cares what everybody thinks, you know, It's.
Speaker 2: It's at the end of the day, it's it's about you guys.
Speaker 4: You know, it's about what makes you happy, and I am happy that you.
Speaker 3: Guys, at this point of.
Speaker 1: You it's easy to say, you know, who cares what everyone else thinks? Because I mean, that's John and I would have to wake up and tell ourselves that all the time. But then when you know, it starts bleeding into our children are getting affected by the negative comments. I have to turn all my comments off for three months because there's so much hate. It's like, it's not so easy to just go, oh, you know, who cares what America thinks? I mean, in the public eye, as you know, Gileina, you have to kind of say that no matter what. That kind of has to be your motto every day when you wake.
Speaker 2: Up, who cares?
Speaker 1: The more haters we have, that means we're doing something right, because if everybody just loves you, you're obviously a wishy washy. You don't have you don't have the things you stand for, Like you have to tell yourself all of that.
Speaker 2: But you know, and I.
Speaker 1: Often get asked like do I regret or have any insecurities or anything about the.
Speaker 2: Relationship, And it's like, I think, at the very.
Speaker 1: Beginning, I think, at the very beginning, when how big it exploded with the hate and how fast the hate came without anyone even giving us one chance. I went through, you know, probably a week or two of really like questioning, am I ready to do this? Is John really the one and worth it? And is is it something I think I can handle? And you know, and then all I had to do Galina really was like I sat back. I think one of the nights we didn't stay together because there's you know, we still keep kept both of our homes. He lives in like twenty minutes from me, so it was one of the nights we weren't staying together, and I.
Speaker 2: Thought, Okay, this is what my life will be. I will be like this.
Speaker 1: I will not have him tomorrow come stay the night with me. I won't be at his house. I mean, that's what your future is going to look like.
Speaker 2: So are you going to grow the balls? Let me just say to to make it through this?
Speaker 1: Or is it time to close the door and keep him as a friend and then America will like me again? And I just thought, I can't. I can't picture a day without him, you know, so I think I probably even then.
Speaker 2: Just picked up the phone and called him and talked him till two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Again in the morning. Again. I love it, And this is why I love you, Sosia.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know, like this is probably one of those things that I wake up every morning I'm like, oh my God, and you know, I'm like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just going to be me and you know, I'm just gonna make it through day. I'm not going to read any negative comments.
Speaker 2: And that's when you text me.
Speaker 3: And then when I.
Speaker 1: Text you, you know, I'm like, hey, no, But then you also, I want you to keep remembering when it gets tough like that, text me and say I'm having a bad day. This is one of the days that it doesn't feel good because you know I've been there, and I'm gonna I'm gonna either send you a Bible scripture or just give you.
Speaker 2: A little oath of like, Okay, you can make it through it. You know it really is. This too Shall Pass?
Speaker 1: This too Shall Pass is such a good saying for just everything.
Speaker 2: But okay, I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: So what okay, if you if you had any friend that was going through like an ugly like the worst part of the divorce, like they just found out or they just are just going through all the attorneys and doing the grunt.
Speaker 2: Work of the divorce. What would your what would your advice be?
Speaker 1: Since you have been divorced after a ten year marriage, that's not just a quick little flame.
Speaker 2: You were married ten years and have a child also.
Speaker 3: My only child, right, yes, So.
Speaker 2: What would your advice be? What would your one tip?
Speaker 4: Just just focus on the future. Just focus on the future. Don't don't try to knock on the little thing that you can get from.
Speaker 3: You know, the past.
Speaker 4: I honestly, when I was going through that, I let everything go. I mean I knew it wasn't you know, it was over. He was he is a great father to my daughter. You know, we had a great marriage.
Speaker 3: You know, but abandon did not work out.
Speaker 4: And what got me through it is just like focusing on the future.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's it's definitely who's a difficult time of my life. I did not even know how to deal with it. But focusing on the future that what got me through.
Speaker 2: And you too, are amicable.
Speaker 1: You and your ex are just so that the audience knows, because I don't think everyone knows our love stories. But so you are amicable and co parented good.
Speaker 3: We are now. Yes, it took a minute to get to it, for sure. Yeah, but we are now and able.
Speaker 4: To you know, come to my daughter's events together and you know, he texts me to check in and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it did take a minute.
Speaker 4: And that was like, this is my biggest advice to everybody. You know, we we're growing at the different pace and patterns in our life. We're coming from different cultures and sometimes, you know, we think we are in love. You know, we have kids together. You know, sometimes it does not work out, and it's it's okay, you know in some cases. But you know what is not okay is not to be a co parent and not to support the kids. If we had children together, let's be co parents. Let's be grown up and you know, work through things together and be supportive of our children.
Speaker 3: You know, that's my biggest advice, Like, just be bigger than that. That's good.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 1: I say this in any podcast I talk about love because I am getting asked. I feel like I'm repeating myself because I am still obviously in the media and doing interviews and people ask but they're so intrigued by the wedding and just everything about it. But so I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I wanted to. I haven't said this to you, I don't think. But I felt like when nobody goes down the aisle in a marriage thinking they're going to get divorced, nobody Nobody says I can't wait to marry, pop out a couple kids, and then get a divorce. So the hardest part is wrapping your brain around it and finally figuring out, Okay, it's not going to work out, which is what I had to do with mine because mine was you know, fourteen years and we were in therapy almost the whole time. Oh wow, And and you know, I finally had to come to terms with you know, it's just not going to work.
Speaker 2: It's not going to work. And then I wanted to. I kept trying to in there.
Speaker 1: A couple more years, you know, you tell yourself, a couple more years, just get get the kids a little older exactly.
Speaker 2: My advice would be what I said a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: My advice to anyone going through this is just know that this too shall pass. Like you think, I remember, I was a stay at home mom. You know, I know people don't agree with that. But Jim and I went into that marriage knowing. I mean, like he had me quit my job within a year because we were married fast, and then he wanted we both wanted to get pregnant right away because I was already twenty seven, so it was a very sped up relationship. But I didn't, you know, I autie has obviously thought I was going to stay married to this guy forever, and I.
Speaker 2: Went through with the whole stay.
Speaker 1: At home mom because I did want to be the mom that takes care of my kids. I did, like I didn't want to have a nanny, and I don't think either way is wrong. I mean, if you're a dedicated worker and you're the breadwinner the family and you're a female, great good for you. If you're not and you want to be a stay at home mom, great good for you. So that's Jim and I went into that together thinking that. But then I remember the first day that we had split and I had to be alone without my kids for the first night, and it was our it was the first fifty to fifty kind of thing, and the paperwork wasn't done yet, our divorce wasn't finalized because that takes, you know, months, as everyone knows. But it was where we stopped living under one roof and we started calling nesting, right.
Speaker 2: We didn't want to disrupt the children, and I hadn't found a house yet.
Speaker 1: I knew I didn't want to stay in that house because I never liked the other house.
Speaker 2: We were living in.
Speaker 1: It was way too big and I felt an eerie spirit there. I just didn't like that house anyway. So I went and stayed at the Ritz Carlton at the time, it was, you know, and I was like, I am just going to put myself in a nicer hotel and just you know, pamper myself. And I curled up in a ball and cried the whole night. I mean, that's all I did. I you know, paid for that gorgeous room, didn't use the pool, didn't use it, didn't do a.
Speaker 2: Thing, and just cried the whole night. But at least I was in a nice resort, you.
Speaker 3: Know, That's exactly I mean.
Speaker 2: It just it's the hardest thing.
Speaker 1: So I want parents to know, and even if you're not parents, that this two shall passed and you do get a over the hump of it, you know, the brutality and just not it's the brutality of the heartache.
Speaker 2: I guess is what I was trying to say. But it's just it's so painful.
Speaker 3: It really is, it really is. But it will pass.
Speaker 4: And then, you know, I'm a true believer into you know, everything happens for a reason, and you know all of our journeys and experiences are you know at the end, you know it will work out and it shall pass, and then we are on better adventures in life. Right, speaking of the better adventures in life, let's let's focus on those amazing festivities that we had about your beautiful future ahead of you.
Speaker 3: I'm done with all the hate and all this nonsense.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about celebrating you and John and everything that happened this year. Thank you so much for making me a part of it. Let's start with the retreat in Scottsdale. How fun was that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I didn't realize we were going to have so many like shin digs.
Speaker 2: Before the wedding, you know what I mean, Like it was just.
Speaker 1: Like one thing and then the next thing, and and you know, I loved the nearly weds because we didn't really have the energy or the time really because it was coming up so fast to do you know, a bachelor bachelotte party. So that was kind of our way of bachelorette nearly weds. Is was our version of what a bachelor bachelorette party would be, is what I was trying to say. And so that's when we only took the six of us the Gillina. It was a very small group of us and we just went off to Vegas. Yes, but that was after the bridal retreat. But the only reason the bridal retreat happened is because this amazing designer was making a couture down for me, like like from scratch, like like we designed it together. And so I was so excited to take you guys to Scott still with me.
Speaker 2: I can't believe y'all jumped on bored.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I would love to miss that for him, And then I send it to my five closest friends and I was like Warren, and I'm like, Okay, this is fabulous, Jump on board, let's go.
Speaker 2: Thanks for all your critiques too. I needed all your.
Speaker 1: Advice on the gown. Even though I changed it a lot. You don't even know what it looks like now.
Speaker 3: I maybe should be surprised. I'm not gonna lie no thinking.
Speaker 4: I mean, all of that was so fresh and new to me because you know, obviously I had quite a roller coaster of life, so I wasn't spoiled with having amazing girlfriends that are getting married and having this, you.
Speaker 3: Know, second chance in life.
Speaker 4: And you know, again, like I said before, you're giving me so much hope and then.
Speaker 3: Including me in all of those awesome festivities. You know, obviously Scottsdale was amazing, and the shower in Newport. Absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: I was I think, one, Okay, you guys are so done celebrating me.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm so.
Speaker 3: Glad I'm done celebrating you.
Speaker 1: Ever, this wedding is all about spoiling you guys. So that's I think that's why John and I are the most excited is because it's it's just a big party, and it's it's We've got a lot of surprises for you.
Speaker 2: So thank you for celebrating everything for me.
Speaker 1: I feel I've got like I feel like I'm like it's almost like people are gonna think I paid.
Speaker 2: You guys to come.
Speaker 3: Do it with me.
Speaker 1: How does someone have free festivities like that that all the girls come, you know, like here, hey, girls, come, I'll give you a thousand bucks, just come join me.
Speaker 5: You know, like, uh, the whole Las Vegas trip, Oh my god, I'm still like revisiting it all the time.
Speaker 3: Like and I and I really love.
Speaker 4: The idea that instead of like bachelor or bachelorette party, having that newly wet experience when we all kind of got together had you know.
Speaker 3: So much fun. The whole mini golf was a lot of fun. Actually, I loved it. I loved it so much.
Speaker 1: I'm like, when we were planning that, I'm like, I don't. I don't want to go to a night club. I'm forty eight, John sixty two, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I don't.
Speaker 2: We can do that on another time, but I just wanted to do something fun.
Speaker 1: And put putt is like, for anyone that doesn't go do that when they're in Vegas, I think they're missing out.
Speaker 2: And the darts, I really do believe.
Speaker 1: That that was just such a fun competitive I lost a big time to John and I was I was John doesn't golf, and I grew up on a.
Speaker 2: Golf like golfing with my parents. And I'm sitting there bragging to him for like three days. I'm like, I'm gonna kick your butt.
Speaker 1: At golf, you know, put pet golf and my first one, Galina, we were on two different teams.
Speaker 2: You were behind us or no, you were you were with us?
Speaker 3: No, you were right with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah we were with us yea, yeah, yeah, because I videoed you.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the first hole, I think you guys were on the whole two you and Spencer And first all I did amazing.
Speaker 2: I got like hole in one. I was here, now you are good. And then I lost by like ten or eight at the end of it.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, it was all about having fun. Yeah, you know what I got. I gifted too, but we can tend a bear.
Speaker 4: I really wanted to get that clone machine and get the cable bear like it.
Speaker 3: Literally was obsessed. And I did get one, not the.
Speaker 2: Biggest one you wanted.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: And how much did this beart this one time?
Speaker 3: How much did that cost you?
Speaker 2: Gilina? We got like a four hundred dollars, a little bitty I.
Speaker 3: Was really determined to have that bear, you know, and I got it. So that's what you know. At the end of the day, that what matters, right, that's I got what I wanted.
Speaker 2: That's right. I want to know when was the last time you went.
Speaker 3: On a date? Wow, you're going straight to like serious question that everybody's wondering.
Speaker 1: I to give everybody all my information. When was your last date a month ago or not at all?
Speaker 4: Or well, you know, I'm definitely not going on the dates we see.
Speaker 3: I can assure everybody of.
Speaker 1: That I would fly right to your farm if that was happening.
Speaker 4: I mean that one is in the past, but definitely moving on and open and looking forward to. That's why you know, I was asking all of those questions of you, because you guys, you're such an inspiration.
Speaker 3: You know, like you're giving me a hope.
Speaker 8: Obviously, I've always you know, I also had quite a relationship on TV and in front of everybody, and the breakup and just everything.
Speaker 3: So I'm just taking my time right.
Speaker 4: Now and feeling from all of that and meeting a lot of new friends.
Speaker 3: I've been blessed with so many.
Speaker 9: Friends here in Kansas City and everybody who's been really understanding and just taking one one day at a time, and you know, a lot more to come.
Speaker 3: I have a lot more surprises you and I will talk about it next.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk about it when I see you in a few days when. Okay, So what are what are you looking for?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What is your type? Is it?
Speaker 1: Are you like physical and like uh like morals and.
Speaker 2: The whole package?
Speaker 3: Like what is do you?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, this is the best question. I have two questions, but let's do part one. Do you have a type or if you look back at your past.
Speaker 3: Different I definitely have a type, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: So they all kind of look alike, not necessarily look alike, well kind of yes, Okay, So give us.
Speaker 3: What is the type?
Speaker 1: Tall, dark, handsome or shorter, more athletic build, Like, what's your type?
Speaker 3: The ranch kind of us?
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to have on cowboy boots and big buckle and a cowboy hat.
Speaker 3: You have to be yes, yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Look at you on a farm.
Speaker 1: So you're you wouldn't be attracted to like the Wall Street like the business suit.
Speaker 2: You want the rancher kind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most likely not the Wall Street guys.
Speaker 4: But you know if she's a ranger with the Wall Street scales, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then the next So I have three parts now, I thought of another question, what's that? So that's the physical part. Okay, so you want to ranch your type? Okay, facial hair or no, definitely, yes, okay. Fascinating Part two is what are well? I guess part two kind of goes together, but like for what are your negotiables or your non negotiables, like what would you and and that kind of ties into like what kind of a what kind of attribute like like emotional moral compass kind of thing, like what would be like for me? It's like John has to be God fearing. My husband, whoever I would marry, has to read the Bible, believe in, you know, with the Christian values I do. That's a non negotiable for me because it's really hard to date someone who doesn't. But what would be something for you?
Speaker 4: It definitely has to be a strong moral standards and respectful women. I grew up very different, you know, I grew up in the former Soviet unions, so initially we grew up in atheist country. However, our you know, my moral strength standards were pretty strong, you know, even going through I went through quite you know, a few changes, but yeah, it has to be a very strong basic moral standards somebody who respects women. And you know, see, you know, as women, we go through a lot different experiences in life, so those are absolutely like mass have and and this is what I did not, unfortunately had in the past.
Speaker 3: You know, I felt like I had, you.
Speaker 4: Know, just very few relationships in my life, and the guys that I've been with, they did not have exact respect for women that you know I was hoping for or imagined or you know, I grew up with.
Speaker 3: So I think that's definitely super important to maybe I.
Speaker 1: Have a daughter, right, But luckily you're not with those guys anymore. So now you can think, now you've learned, you've learned, and now you can move forward. And if you see any of those characteristics, that's when you say, this is our last date, right, That's exactly.
Speaker 4: Right, And this is what I've learned. You know, Like a lot of times, I'm such a people pleaser. You know, I grew up in Central Asia, you know, in completely different society, so I've never knew how to draw.
Speaker 3: Boundaries between men and woman.
Speaker 4: I was always a man pleaser, pleaser, and through these experiences, I'm like, Okay, you know, I know it's kind of late, but not too late.
Speaker 3: But now I'm learning how.
Speaker 4: To draw the boundaries, how to recognize some of the behaviors, and how to.
Speaker 3: Speak up for myself. Good. That's good, and I.
Speaker 1: Think that I think that that's why sometimes the relationships that don't work are a blessing in disguise, because they teach you exactly what you don't want in the future, and it also matures you. It grow, It teaches you how you know you are people pleaser.
Speaker 2: That is something that's true.
Speaker 1: So I think it's good for you to recognize that and to also be like, I need to not just please the person I'm with. It needs to be an equal, you know, to a street kind of thing. He needs to please me.
Speaker 3: Too, So exactly, exactly sure.
Speaker 4: And the thing is like, yeah, you know, maybe my life was kind of wild and turbulent and the relationships were not the greatest and I've never maybe drew the boundaries that I.
Speaker 3: Should have to begin with.
Speaker 4: But my biggest sake away is that I've passed it on to my daughter and now she is Yes, I put her through some you know, difficulties, but now she is so much better with her relationship. She knows how to draw the boundaries. She she's her own person. She you know, getting her own education. She's completely independent, and I'm so proud of her. And in a way, you know, all of the things that I went through, she learned from it and she's going to have such a better life and you know, so.
Speaker 3: That's how I look at things.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So then if you get married again, do you think, like for John and I, like, we didn't do marriage counseling before this marriage, but that's because we both have been through so much. I was in fourteen years of marriage marriage counseling with Jim and then I had, you know, a therapist.
Speaker 2: I still have this therapist.
Speaker 1: Through my mom's death and through the post divorce, I got a new therapist. And so John and I discussed it and we're like, well, should we and we would have and we will. We'll go to therapy if we need to, but we did not because of the fact that we've had and you know, he has his own therapist too, but we've been through so much therapy that I felt like we're okay at the time. So would you do you think you would if you find mister Wright again?
Speaker 3: I think so? I think I really would love to. Yes, I would love that.
Speaker 1: I think it's just if you haven't had a ton of the therapy like I can tell John has, because when we get into a little hiccup or anything, it's you have the tools and your tool belt that the therapists have taught you about communication and and you know, validate their feelings, like make sure it's not just a one way street. So so yeah, like so those are the tools. It's like it's like, don't raise your voice, don't go to bed mad.
Speaker 3: It's not only even about that.
Speaker 4: It's about like for me, it was an ability to just even voice myself. You know, we grew up so much not being able to talk about anything. So you know, like you agree, like I wasn't even able to vocabulary.
Speaker 3: My own feelings.
Speaker 4: So that was a scull on its own, and it's it's very hard to learn that kind of late later in your life to be able to speak your feelings openly in front of everybody.
Speaker 2: You did have to learn that.
Speaker 1: Then, you had to really you had to learn that because you were squealed when you are in the past, and obviously when you're in America, you can see that we aren't squelched.
Speaker 2: We do speak our minds. We do.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I love about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's good.
Speaker 1: But I think one of the biggest tools that my therapist has always taught me.
Speaker 2: This was my past therapist.
Speaker 1: She passed away or I probably still have her actually, but she was our therapist the whole time John and I or Jim and I were married.
Speaker 2: But she would always say, you don't.
Speaker 1: Have to fix every argument right now, take put put it up on your bookshelf, and and don't go to bed mad. Don't go just say, hey, babe, we're butting heads. We're not going to see eye to eye right now. We're going to shelve it. It's still there. We're going to pull it off the shelf tomorrow or in a couple of days, and we're going to revisit it when we both calm down, when we both processed and thought it through, and then we talk about it in a couple of days. And I'm telling you that is a life changer, because you know, and there's even times there was one time. We don't argue a lot, so I can count them on like like three times maybe, but the one of them I did not want to put it on a shelf. I wanted to vomit my feelings out.
Speaker 3: I wanted to.
Speaker 2: I wanted to. I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, I'm right on this one. I don't want, you know, I want to keep going.
Speaker 1: And he just kept looking at me, and he goes, you're the one that taught me to put it on a shelf. Now go put it up there and we'll pull it off tomorrow. And I'm just like, you're right. I got to listen to my own advice.
Speaker 3: Now I love it.
Speaker 1: But I think that would help a lot of married people, and a lot even to data whoever your special person is, because you do sometimes and girls are more talkative and communicate to most of the time than men.
Speaker 2: But you know, it just it's helpful, super helpful.
Speaker 3: I completely agree.
Speaker 4: I think that it made my life so much easier once I start learning how to be able to speak my feelings like to anybody, Like you know, I've been so closed up and kind of carried everything inside myself for so long, and it affected the way I was reacting to new situations. So you know, this ability just open communication makes a tremendous difference. And speaking of the open communication and changing a little bit of a course to positive things because we have a.
Speaker 10: Huge celebration next weekend yet, which I'm looking forward to. Please tell me all about next weekend, Like did you.
Speaker 3: You know, how did you and John like weathered all of that?
Speaker 4: I know that wedding preparations can be extremely stressful, and like, were.
Speaker 3: You planning all of that? Did he have any kind of contribution to it? Like, come on, how did you handle all of that?
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I was just laughing with him about this a couple of days ago, because.
Speaker 2: Now we're you know, we are down to the you know, the wire, it's very close.
Speaker 1: But up until about a month ago, I have been bragging to everyone about how easy it is the second time around. I call it the second time around because I don't really count my first marriage, so it's third times a charm for me.
Speaker 3: But I just coun't.
Speaker 1: I just say, you know, this is I do part two. So to me, this is I do part two. Still, he's my second wedding, very basically, but anyway, he I was bragging to everyone, all my friends, I'm like, it's so easy.
Speaker 2: We had hired this is a funny thing.
Speaker 1: We hired my wedding planner that did my wedding with Jim.
Speaker 2: So I asked John.
Speaker 1: I said, I know, I know, and most people would think, Okay, this is really bad luck.
Speaker 2: Battleman. I had been interviewing other wedding planners. Nothing was gelling.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there were just you know, you have to have a chemistry with your wedding planner. And I'd had a lot of the wedding already planned by the time I started, you know, looking for her. I already had the vision in my mind. We already had the place, you know, solidified. So she was jumping in as kind of a part time wedding planner. But so I'm laying in bed one night, I just asked him. I'm like, honey, I'm like, the worst she can say is no, right, It's not gonna hurt his feelings, I hope.
Speaker 2: So I just said, Honey, you know I'm not having any luck.
Speaker 1: Can I just reach out to my wedding planner that worked with my wedding with Jim, because she's amazing.
Speaker 2: We get along so well, she.
Speaker 1: Knows my everything, and she already you know, she did an amazing wedding for that one. That one was different feel and you know, different venue, but did amazing with it.
Speaker 2: And she's like I.
Speaker 1: Don't care, and I'm like, Okay, this is fabulous, you know, like yay.
Speaker 2: So called her the next day.
Speaker 1: She's still in the business, even though she now she does Christian therapy and she's a travel agency and she does one or two weddings a year. But she's like the crime Delachrome of wedding planners. She had a TV show twenty years ago, back when I was marrying Jen. She had actually done a planning TV show at the time. So that was kind of interesting too, because we weren't even thinking of being on TV at that point. The housewives had not reached out to me. That was twenty years ago. I think we were married for four years before they actually you know, interviewed me to be on the show. But anyway, so bragging, okay about how easy it is, got that wedding planner, got the resorts wedding planner that they put you with someone, and then I've got all my party planning skills.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, this is a breeze, John, I'm not kidding you. The past two weeks I have not slept.
Speaker 1: I am I'm constantly forgetting something. I call it with my kids, and I call it pregnancy brain as the same as wedding brain, because when you're pregnant, you know how you forget things you don't know when you wake up that day, you're like, did I do that last night or not? Wedding brain is a real thing, everybody. I mean, it is real. I'm like, no, I did that yesterday, and then I go back to my notes and I'm like, oh, I didn't do that. And then I'll be like, hey, John, I didn't do that, And then I go to my notes and I'm like, oh, I did do that. It's like it's I cannot keep it all straight. So I don't know how we're getting through. And if I pull it all off with like without any you know, any hitch or anything on when when it is, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Say when it is, but I will.
Speaker 1: I will wake up the next morning completely just elated.
Speaker 2: But you know what else, I know, you know what else?
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna wake up depressed because you put so much time and energy and effort into this making sure every little detail is so perfect, and then it's just like Christmas morning and then all the presents are opened and you're looking at the tree and you're like, now I got to take the tree down, and you don't want Christmas to be over, but it's over. And I'm like I told John, I said, thank god, we're taking another little mini staycation right after. And I said, I'm going to be so glad that we're there and not going home, because can you imagine at this big high from being at the wedding, all this setting down to just being back and our boring all home, you know, watching TV. So yeah, and we're not doing a honeymoon. We did, We've done so much traveling the past six months. And then right after the wedding, because that's the number one question people ask me as words, your honeymoon.
Speaker 3: That was my number one question right after this morning, Well.
Speaker 2: We're doing it.
Speaker 1: We're going to do a big uh probably Bora Bora or Maldives, I don't know, one of those.
Speaker 2: Probably in a few months. But here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Right after the wedding is John's birthday, my twins eighteenth birthday in November, then Thanksgivings in November, then there's Christmas, and then we have three or four more other kids' birthdays, because you know, we're the Brady bunch, so we've.
Speaker 2: Got three or four more other birthdays.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like Johnny, I cannot I would not relax wherever we went, because I will be Christmas shopping on my phone the whole time. I will be planning things for all that. In my case, I wonder for everything we've got coming up. So yeah, so they it's it's just done.
Speaker 5: Somehow, I'm not surprised, Alexis, because this is one of the biggest you know, like I think that I've learned about you, and you know, I did not ask any questions about it so far, but.
Speaker 4: How particular and detailed you are, and how on top of everything at all times.
Speaker 11: We would be like at the freaking restaurant eating dinner, and you like on your phone taking care of things, you know, like because you want to make sure that everything is perfect for your children, for everybody. You know, like you're so particular, so detailed, so organized.
Speaker 4: I was incredibly impressed with it, and I promise you I noticed it immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, let's cross my fingers that you can you can have the same reaction after this big shin dig because I'm I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's gonna be some little.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: On the On this wedding, it's like and the first one I probably would have freaked out if anything goes wrong, And on this one it's going to be like, Okay, look, let's just figure out plan and move on like it's whatever it is, you know.
Speaker 2: But so the kids. Speaking of the kids, I wanted to share this with you too. They you know, I told you it's a non traditional wedding.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that's happening, I'll give this this is this is first new hand information.
Speaker 2: You know. John and I do not like cake. We're not cake eaters.
Speaker 1: But my son Miles, this whole time planning this wedding, he's like, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: My first wedding is going to be my mom's wedding. I've never been to a wedding before.
Speaker 3: Mom.
Speaker 1: What wedding cake are you getting? It better be fabulous, it better be huge, it better be this. And I'm like, Miles, we're doing an all like a Sunday bar.
Speaker 2: We had.
Speaker 1: John and I had this whole other vision of what we were going to do for like a big Sunday bar with gourmet and all this stuff, and he's like, but mom, you have to have a cake.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't want a cake there.
Speaker 1: Not only are they a thousand bucks or more, It's like, I don't want a cake, okay, So I John and I then decided we're gonna make miles of a day. So we went cake tasting, we went cake shopping. We found the perfect cake, and Miles and Kenna are going to cut the cake and give serve John and I a piece of cake because we did the cake only for them, only for them.
Speaker 2: So it's like that.
Speaker 1: And then my son, well all three kids are walking me down the aisle. But then my son, James is he plays on the worship team of church. He is going to bless the whole, the whole ceremony when we first not the ceremony, the pastor will do the ceremony, but when we get into the reception, he'll be So.
Speaker 3: They each have a role.
Speaker 1: And John's kids did not want to roll, but so my kids each have a little something to make it special.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I love it. I love it. I'm still looking forward to all of that.
Speaker 2: There's so many more surprises that you won't know to.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to get an epic weekend for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, this has been amazing to catch up with you, girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I know it will be amazing see me some more.
Speaker 1: And don't forget to keep the date that I texted you on the books for visiting my farm, and I'll have to give you.
Speaker 3: I promise you.
Speaker 4: It's like all over my computer screens all the time.
Speaker 3: And you know how many computer screens I have. It sounds something like popping up as soon as I opened up my laptop.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you don't have a headache because you are constantly looking at screens. I I after writing even my vows, I'm like my eyes hurt because I'm on the computer for so long, you know.
Speaker 3: But Alexis I actually have another question for you. How do you feel about queen ups? Do you guys have a qreen up?
Speaker 4: Because I, you know, especially you know, at this stage of our lives, I think it's, you know, becoming quite a big topic of the conversations.
Speaker 2: You're just going right for the same question any.
Speaker 1: Cohen asked, aren't you you? Probab didn't notice when he asked that on Watch what happens.
Speaker 2: Live when John and I I have important questions.
Speaker 3: I'm in finance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had just come I got engaged. I mean, and and Andy just went right for it. He's like, you're gonna find a preen up. So we did not and are not.
Speaker 1: We kind of both have the same flaw I know, or signed one with any of my other marriages either.
Speaker 2: We just have we have the philosophy.
Speaker 1: John and I both do that if you start your marriage like that, you're already looking for a divorce. And it's like it's like you're you're thinking in your mind, oh, this probably isn't going to make it. But then why do you want to get married if that's even a thought in your mind that it's not going to make it. I know a lot of people have a lot to say about that and are going to think we're both idiots, and you know, but I we just we trust we trust it.
Speaker 4: So no, actually I do agree with you on that, Alexis, because yes, you know, when you are starting thinking prenups, you automatically assuming that the marriage will end at some point, and we do not answer marriages thinking that it has an exploration date. So I do agree with you I know there's so many controversy about it, but I feel like if you're entering the marriage, you trust each other, so then you trust each other with the divorce proceeding. It's unfortunate that there's so many such creation that it did not happen, But this is not how I feel about it, and I completely agree with you on that, and it immediately creates like this trust between both of you and definitely does not put an exploration date to your relationship exactly.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because you and I are both probably in more of the minority for that. By the way, I mean, I have a feeling most people would disagree with us, and I trust me.
Speaker 2: I have had earfuls of people telling me I'm an idiot.
Speaker 3: What am I thinking?
Speaker 2: You need to sign a prenapp like all of that, But we're doing it our way.
Speaker 4: And I agree with you on that because you know, like I was married only once and when it did not work out, I feel like I was extremely fair through our divorce per seeding.
Speaker 3: I did not ask for anything. I did not have any kind of spousal support.
Speaker 4: I did not take one, you know, because I felt like I was, you know, one of the reasons why it happened.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, we kind of grew apart, and I wanted to make sure that it was fair.
Speaker 4: And I don't need a piece of paperwork or pre nups or anything like that to have a good moral standards and make it right for both of us when the relationship did not work out.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think that's the best way to handle it. And that's what Jim and I did because we didn't have a prenup either.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: But you you texted me the other day and asked, you know we obviously you know Tamar and I are close, but you asked, you know who else is coming from the cast, And so I never texted you back. Obviously I knew we were going to be chatting today, but so Heather and Tamer were invited to everything. Heather, as we know, has a very busy life and has three kids in different schools. So on the wedding weekend, she's actually, uh, she's in one of our one of the towns. It's it's parents weekend at one of her kids schools that weekend, so they'll be at that kid's school. And then you, obviously Tamer and Eddie are coming, Joe and Tay and you know are coming because you were at the Nearly Weed celebration with them. You're coming. So that's it from the cast. And then my other girlfriend Brianna. I don't think she's filmed with me, but she's also in the makeup industry and has you know, it does a lot on on social media for that. So that that's actually with Spencer is your table. That's your table right there, so it's a good table.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm going to be at the table was join Tamra and Spencer.
Speaker 1: Tamra's best friend is coming, so yeah, I'll sit you by Spencer.
Speaker 2: You'll yeah, you'll have he can be your date.
Speaker 3: I'm so looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Well, Galina, this has been so fun to catch up a lot of the information we already knew about each other, but it was good to let the listeners learn a little bit more because if there's any listeners stepping into their chapter two, our advice is do not give up, you know, and if you don't know where to start, be sure to call us or email us. All the infos in the show notes and follow us on socials because we definitely want to hear what you have to say. We love your comments and feedback for I Do Part two, which is an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective by everybody.