Speaker 1: Hey, here we go. We're back. We got a brand new Second Date episode for you today. Thanks so much for finding us.
Speaker 2: It's Work and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're gonna start right away comments.
Speaker 1: What do you got, yes, Kim said Hi.
Speaker 3: Well, actually it's the way longer user name than not shortening it to Kim okay Hi from Singapore. I told my mom I've been listening to a radio station from America for years, and she was so confused and said, I'd be so ashamed to bring that up to my friends. Now she started listening EVENI She's not our first language, so I've had to keep explaining it to her. The thing is, I have to wait for her to finish her laugh just to explain the next part. I think she needs to pay me as a translator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so cute. You're gonna have to translate this to her now too, that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I love that people in other countries are still a shame of us. Yeah, as they should be. They get it. Your mom's right, I mean, you know, don't tell anybody. All right, We're going to start this brand new episode right now. Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: It's nice to have returning people on our show.
Speaker 1: Oh for a I mean.
Speaker 4: A little sad because it means they're still single.
Speaker 1: We don't say that part out loud.
Speaker 4: But it's also nice because it gives us more time to meddle in their personal lives, which is our favorite thing to do. Today's returning caller is a guy named Jeremy, who was actually on a segment we do called blind Love is Oh Wow.
Speaker 2: That's where we set him up with another person. Did it work out?
Speaker 4: It did not work out. He did not score himself a date on that because he was clearly struggling to get over his ex Yvonne at the time. But something must have changed because he's now reached out asking for a second date. Update. So, Jeremy, it's good to have you back, my man. How you been.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 6: It's good to be back.
Speaker 4: How are you guys? We're good.
Speaker 1: That was almost believable.
Speaker 4: I'm choosing to believe it. So have you done that? You found yourself a new Yvonne? Okay, her actual name is Yvonne.
Speaker 6: No, her name is Missy.
Speaker 2: So are you I mean, are you feeling ready like you have let go of that old relationship.
Speaker 6: Yes, I believe I'm totally over it.
Speaker 4: All right, tell us more about Missy. Where'd you meet her? We met on the app? Okay, being so specific? What did you like about her?
Speaker 6: She's very attractive. She said she wanted someone who is emotionally mature. But I still contact her anyway.
Speaker 2: Joke her laugh, it's a joker.
Speaker 1: He's just very self aware.
Speaker 6: I still reached out and we hit it off. We had a great conversation and we decided to meet up.
Speaker 1: All right, things are looking good. Where'd you go?
Speaker 6: We went to a baseball game.
Speaker 4: Wow, what an emotionally mature choice for a day.
Speaker 5: See, I'm growing right.
Speaker 1: You didn't do that nine for nine challenge? Did you?
Speaker 6: Nine for nine?
Speaker 5: What's that? Oh?
Speaker 2: That's nine hot dogs, nine beers in nine innings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I actually brought our snacks so we didn't have to do for nine for nine challenge?
Speaker 4: You snuck snacks into the stadium?
Speaker 2: No, you could actually bring them as long as they're in a clear bag, you don't have to sneak them.
Speaker 1: I hit Jimmy John's on the way in.
Speaker 4: Okay, is that what you did, Jeremy?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I did.
Speaker 6: But we kind of talk about food all.
Speaker 5: Day or are we going to talk about this date?
Speaker 4: Oh, we're going to talk about food first.
Speaker 1: That you have just a whole food segment every day.
Speaker 4: Really, okay, if you want to talk about your date, that's fine. What what do you want to tell us?
Speaker 6: A great date? That's what I want to tell you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: It's a great date where she's not calling you back. So great for him, though.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm not understanding. I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: What was so great about it?
Speaker 6: To you? There were people around that knew me.
Speaker 4: Oh, actually as good people that story.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm a well known guy. We go to the baseball game, people know me.
Speaker 4: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: Some people get the same seats every time they know and you like create a community of people around you by doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't know if she liked that or not. Oh oh wow, Well, because I was talking to them and I maybe didn't focus on her as much as I should have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have like a window like a five minutes Hey, good to see you. But I mean if it's like fifteen twenty minutes and you're keeping your date waiting, that's rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 4: Just for anything, Alexis, would that be a huge turn off to you? If you're out on a date with the guy and everybody thinks he's super popular and wants to talk to him, you're holding that against him.
Speaker 1: Am I included in the conversation or just absolutely.
Speaker 4: Not standing there awkwardly eating your hot dog?
Speaker 1: Why can't she be included? Why do I have to stand eat a hot dog?
Speaker 4: Because it's not about you, it's about him.
Speaker 1: I don't really asking me this.
Speaker 4: Then, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Try to include her in a couple of conversations. But she didn't know the people.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it sounds like her fault. She didn't know you very well.
Speaker 4: Do you remember it's a first date.
Speaker 1: How long were these conversations?
Speaker 6: I mean I wasn't time in it or anything. Ten minutes, I don't know, But I did try to get some alone time with her. So I I said, hey, let's get out of here, let's go get dinner.
Speaker 4: That's right, Oh, really good.
Speaker 1: And so you guys did dinner as well as the game.
Speaker 4: Long along with the snacks that you brought in a food.
Speaker 6: Yes, I made sure she was well fed.
Speaker 1: He that a man all right, how is dinner?
Speaker 6: Dinner was great, but it was a lot of the same. I knew people at the dinner place as well. I'm a popular guy. As I said, we just don't realize.
Speaker 4: Or do you only go to two places in your entire life, so everybody knows he's there, Like, here's back.
Speaker 6: It is one of my favorite places, but it's just one of those things, one of those nights.
Speaker 2: Okay, you sound like my husband who makes friends with the cashier.
Speaker 1: We can't walk to the grocery.
Speaker 2: Store without getting stopped for times by the mail person and the other guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't brook sound so in love. So how did it end with you and Missy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: We left them.
Speaker 6: Well, she asked me to take her home, and I was thinking, like why so early? But she said, hey, it's been three hours, and I was like, oh, okay, yeah, you're right. Three hours is a lot of time.
Speaker 2: That's awesome on your part that it didn't feel like three hours too, Like you bye, you wanted more time with her, which is great.
Speaker 4: That's cute. Yeah, because it sounds like you barely got any time with her. He was talking to everybody else.
Speaker 1: I felt like six hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Okay, I think we have enough information to go off of here. We're gonna come back call Missy for you and try to figure out why she doesn't want a second date with the most popular man in this entire town.
Speaker 6: You said it, not me.
Speaker 4: Just hold on when we come back and do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 4: You've heard of the most interesting man in the world. Lucky for us, today we've been graced by the most popular man in the city. Wow, Jeremy, who took his date Missy to a baseball game and to dinner, but admits he did spend a lot of that time talking to other people who were constantly coming up to him because they knew him, and they admire him. They love him. Ya, Jeremy, he is the most popular man in this zip.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, we already knew him. He'd already been on our show.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why he's so famous. Maybe the only person he's not popular with, though, is Missy because she's not calling him back. So we're trying to figure out why that is.
Speaker 2: Brooke, what do you think did you get a chance to apologize to Missy, because it sounds like you're pretty self aware of not spending enough time or attention to her.
Speaker 6: Apologize, Jeremy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I misread the first part of this. I thought there was some regret in your That's not true.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 5: I did my bad.
Speaker 6: The next date, I'll pick a different place where I'm less well known.
Speaker 1: See that's where you're such a man. Women apologize for things that are in our control all the time. Yeah, we look at Alexis. I'll probably apologize right now for no reason at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you should apologize for misjudging Jeremy in the first part of this call.
Speaker 1: Apparently I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for Brooke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, everybody is sorry, Jeremy. So let's figure out if Missy's sorry too for not calling you back. We're going to dial her number.
Speaker 6: Well, she should be sorry. I texted her four times, no response, so I'm sure she's sorry.
Speaker 4: One I know. Yeah, what a cold heartless woman. I'm excited to talk to her. Let's do it. Excited dialer right now here we go. Hello, Hey is this Missy? Yeah, hey, Missy. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. How you doing.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, missy you good morning? What? Yeah, good morning. I was pretty it wasn't a hearing.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of something called the second Date Update?
Speaker 5: No? What is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of rude. I expect that my mom shares them on her Facebook, so you know they're really cool viral. Yeah, but it's a segment where we try to help one of our listeners, in this case, an extremely popular guy named Jeremy get some clarity about your date, a guy who is beloved by many.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't understand then, So Jeremy reached out to you or you reach out to him both?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, I mean he reached out to us, and then we called him.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're honored that we even got the chance to speak with him. It's amazing that he was willing to give us that time. So some people do think it's a little odd though, that you haven't been jumping at the chance to spend more time with him. And if there's a reason for that, we would. I'd love to know why, just to help him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we know a little bit about your date.
Speaker 5: Oh, so he told you what happened?
Speaker 4: You're saying what happened, like it was a bad thing. Yeah, yeah, because we heard that you went to a baseball game and dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, sort of, what do you mean sort of? How do you sort of go to those things?
Speaker 5: He took me to a Rex Sports League baseball game.
Speaker 2: Oh dogs, are kids like that?
Speaker 5: He was playing.
Speaker 1: Like a slow pitch co ed league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when he told me, I thought, Okay, it's going to be a professional sports thing. But no, like I was back in the bleachers.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that could have been a fun night if you had been prepared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you were also invited to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I did ask you if you want to play.
Speaker 5: No, but he did come over a few times and ask me if I could cheer louder.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Well, that's nice. He wants to involve you in the game, and look, I brought a cheerleader. I'm gonna need you to cheer. But this explains why he was telling us he was so popular at the game that everybody knew him because it's his team.
Speaker 1: We also assumed.
Speaker 2: I also assumed that when he told us about this, he was talking about professional sports.
Speaker 4: All this makes me scared to even ask you about what happened to din?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 4: Because he said people knew him there too.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me.
Speaker 2: He took you to his parents' house for a meal, at a friend's house, a friends out.
Speaker 4: Why what are you guys doing there?
Speaker 1: He told us that he was trying to get alone time with you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah he did.
Speaker 5: It was the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: So what was the explanation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a meeting.
Speaker 1: It was an M meeting m l M.
Speaker 5: Where they pitch you stuff and you can sell under them.
Speaker 1: A mid level marketing is what mls like tupperware, those weird ladies who.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, Yeah, he's trying to help stock your kitchen.
Speaker 2: Could have been vitamins, you never know, vitamins, yeahs.
Speaker 5: And I was like, what is going on? And like there were a tray of finger sandwiches. But then we had to immediately sit down for the talk.
Speaker 2: So are you not calling them back because you've made your fortune now?
Speaker 5: Not exactly. And at one point while they're talking, he leans over to me and he says, pretty cool, right.
Speaker 4: Is he trying to sign you up for this? I just clicked in my yes.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: He said, if you could join me, you could be under me.
Speaker 4: I like, how we that it wasn't we did not know the details of the day. This way a slightly different version of the story from Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Without any of the details from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so the person we need to speak to about it is actually Jeremy himself, who's on the other line listening to this, waiting to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeremy, Yeah, I'm here. Yeah, yeah, the details.
Speaker 2: Dude, You let us think that it was a pro gabe that you took her to a restaurant, not that.
Speaker 6: You well, you guys didn't have that's on you.
Speaker 5: You should ask.
Speaker 6: You didn't ask for all the pertinent information.
Speaker 4: Okay, we should have been like was it a professional game?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 4: Should we? That's on us. We're about investigators, Jeremy. So we apologize for that, but the rest of the details are pretty incriminating.
Speaker 6: Hell, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: You're trying to con her into whatever weird MLM scheme you've.
Speaker 1: Got going on. Yeah, no, was my phone.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to make her some money.
Speaker 5: Listen, I felt misled for the entire date. You took me to sell fathball league you play in, and then you try to get me to sell organic sprinklers or whatever.
Speaker 6: Listen, I wasn't trying to sell you on the product. That product sells itself. You don't want to miss out on this. You better get in while they're going fast.
Speaker 4: He's a good salesman.
Speaker 6: You better get in now.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I kind of want to get in on.
Speaker 6: It, though, but yeah, I follow its put my email out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, nope, we're.
Speaker 1: Not doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not going to do that, Jeremy. She's telling you that you led her to believe this was going to be more of an intimate, romantic, one on one experience, and you've turned it into a whole thing about yourself.
Speaker 6: What's more intimate than bringing you to my safe place where I play baseball? That's one who If we're going to be together, we should make money together.
Speaker 4: That's the goal, right, It's not very intimate if there's a chain link fence dividing you on the field from her in the stands.
Speaker 1: You are the kind of spin you are turning all of this into. You're the heroes job, you know what.
Speaker 6: It sounds to me like she's not emotionally mature.
Speaker 4: You need to take.
Speaker 6: Maybe you should be a little grateful.
Speaker 5: I was grateful that you took me home.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 6: Well, with these gas prices, he's literally so good.
Speaker 4: Everything, dude.
Speaker 1: In one minute, Jose is going to be selling sprinklers.
Speaker 2: You know, we got to get him off the boat.
Speaker 6: He's not going to be selling sprinklers. They sell themselves.
Speaker 4: Before we all, before we all become your clients. Jeremy, we just need to ask Missy this question. Are we really we always do? Would you be willing to go out with Jeremy one? Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, wait wait, I don't want to go out with her at this point. Oh way, she's not popular enough.
Speaker 4: Everybody that knows you, I think his feelings are a little hurt.
Speaker 5: Well, enjoy being in your feelings. It's a path for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would be pretty sick revenge, though, Missy, if you did become a sprinkler salesman and outsold.
Speaker 6: But I'll make money off that because she'll be under me.
Speaker 4: Everybody wins.
Speaker 6: But the fact that she can't recognize that is a big red flag.
Speaker 4: All right, well, Missy, I'm sorry, too many red flags on your part. You're being rejected.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know what, I can find another field, a field.
Speaker 4: To put sprinklers in kind of nice.
Speaker 6: You know what, you just missed out. You would have been a great salesperson.
Speaker 4: That was a cease of line.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna steal that.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: And it's been a few years since we've had a listener take a date to an LM meeting and try to pass it off as like a romantic move.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And even at the end he was not backing down. He's like, you missed out on this huge opportunity and you're the red flags.
Speaker 1: Has anyone thought that maybe the product was the problem. Maybe product like if they had been.
Speaker 2: Like skincare, maybe she'd be into it, or God or even like a Mexican timeshare like that would have been down out.
Speaker 4: That anything would have been better than sprinklers, if that's what it really was, organic sprinkling difference. Although I do enjoy a listener who hears all the mistakes that they made and then turns around and says, well, I don't want to date them. Yeah, they don't get me.
Speaker 1: That special type of person.
Speaker 4: Yes, Jeremy's a man who likes to be in control, and I'm sure that's not the last We're going to hear from him.
Speaker 6: On this show.
Speaker 4: Will we respond to him next time? I don't know, Please know, But his dating journey is going to be a long, long one, yeah, if I'm predicting it correctly. But that gives us a lot of time to provide you with more content, So go find all of it. It's available online where you get your pod cast. Just search Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.