Speaker 1: Look, oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture. Yes, wow, lost culture, lost culturistas calling set the scene.
Speaker 2: Go ahead the scene three hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: Is that from Party by Beyonce? I believe.
Speaker 2: So that's Andre three thousands verse.
Speaker 1: Don't do this where you sort of I say one thing and you know what I'm talking about, and you should to go the other way. You know what I want.
Speaker 2: I just gave mat a tour of my apartments homeowner, optimal, homo optimal operative. Yeah, I guess that was yeah, yeah, that was the thing. I know what you mean. And then you don't know your words, but you know your heart.
Speaker 1: Someone came up to me on the plane the other day and they tapped me on the shoulder and said, I don't know my words, but I do know my heart. And I said, that needs to make a comeback.
Speaker 2: You pierced through the soul of society America the world three big ones, Society America in the world. That's called a triple crown.
Speaker 1: When you pierce society America in the world, it is called a triple crown. And that's actually a real culture number. Remind me fifty two when you hear the society, America and the world.
Speaker 2: It's called it a triple crown. And you did that when you uttered those words, I truly did. You know what else has earned the triple crown?
Speaker 1: And one of my favorite decorative elements about your home today is I walked in and on the television is the face of Bradley Jackson.
Speaker 2: Was the pause frame of Bradley Jackson on my television? And you call that a decorative element. In I think it's a decorative element. It's like a painting, like when you come in and you've screwed. You have paintings in my home, as you can see. But I said it wasn't my favorite thing about the house. I see my favorite thing about the house. And something I think you should think about keeping all the time is Bradley.
Speaker 1: Just pause it on Bradley Jackson's face on morning show and just have that being on your TV because and this is actually a tip for everyone at home, you can use your TV as a painting. That's true. If you pause it in the right if you pause it.
Speaker 2: In the right place, you can use your TV as a painting. That is very true. But it's no culture Number five.
Speaker 1: If you use your TV as a painting if you pose it in the right place place.
Speaker 2: I am in the middle of finishing this last week's episode of The Morning Show, and I'm realizing that we have not seen Chris in this episode. And I'm just now realizing. Is The Morning Show kind of like SNL where the cast is so big that you're you might not see your favorite character on any given episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, answer, yes, yes. I also think that Chris existed just to be in that one race Plotlar that is, which ended at episode four. I guess, yeah, I have to imagine that, like probably they wanted to do more with the character, and then I guess because there are so many people on this show. Because it can't be said enough, the show employs some of the highest paid, highest paid people in the world each.
Speaker 2: Episode, on top of production costs. You pay money to shoot the thing and to you know, get the locations whatever, get the nice cameras, get the costumes, whatever. And then all told, these actors are getting paid like one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Well I believe it's it at least started two million in episode for a recent Jen. Oh, by the way, it can't be overstated. Every single time they have a scene together. In this season of The Morning Show, the third graders have killed it. The energy between them is, oh my god, Hi, well this is what I'm gonna do this. It's so good to see you, hey, thanks for always being my friend. Likewise, girl gotta go.
Speaker 2: Every scene is I'm convinced that it's like Christopher Guest style, where the actors are like told what happens in the scene and then they're like go, you know, like just make it your own, like literally, just in this episode they go to the summit with Bradley goes with her brother who was at the insurrection, Yes, who comes to visit town with his new wife and baby. He's turned his life around from being a drug addict, which I'm not saying it's not, but like within a year has completely turned like I can't even land a decent date once every quarter, and this man has, this insurrectionist is married with a family. Now this privilege is showing, well, whatever, that's not what I'm first of all, I'm saying it's very between the lines.
Speaker 1: His privilege is showing. I'm sure, sure, show tip it your privilege. Who seems like a king and he's one of the most talented actors.
Speaker 2: Talented or handsome and so lucky. I mean he and Sarah burrellis. That is a great couple. That is a like low key power. Forget about Travis and Taylor. That's the couple that I really am like, I need to know everything Bowen said. Forget now that's trailer swelseee, which is what I'm calling Baylor swell.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just saying, there's this scene where they go to the summer at that place where you go, and it's an amazing view. The wife is has a stroller, goes, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, she goes away Reese's Bradley goes to her brother.
Speaker 1: I love her. She's amazing. I love her. She's amazing. Oh my god. And then he's like, I'm confessing to be getting myself in. She goes, what you can't do that? Because just to catch you all up, he's an insurrectionist. By the way, so was Bradley Jackson. Because I'm sorry, but can you went undercover? Can you walk me through this? So?
Speaker 2: How was she not in trouble right for being there, for literally.
Speaker 1: Being amongst the insurrectionists and literally being in the capitol like that? Essentially means that you also.
Speaker 2: I think in this world, in the third greater world of the Morning show, being a journalist means you were above the law.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, do you know what I mean? And now I don't have any more questions.
Speaker 2: It's like, no one's above the law, I guess in theory, but journalists are.
Speaker 1: In the theory.
Speaker 2: I mean, Well, insurrection Wautch is not moving at all. We've not gone any news.
Speaker 1: We've got no news. Do you still think we got we said insurrection watch, we of course are at all. Watch now indictment, Well, we got them like so many times that I don't know if we still got them. Here's the thing, like when you got them four times, it's like sort of loses power. That's what That's what they're counting on.
Speaker 2: That's what do OJ should have known?
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Anyway, back to real world issues, which is what's going on on more television show. So if you don't know, now you know Bradley Jackson was at the insurrection documenting and right in front of her assaulting a police officer is her own brother, who we know she has had a difficult relationship to say the least. Her mother dies of COVID. We have to imagine that that like turns her idiot brother into like even more of a raging freak. He goes to the insurrection as a participant assault a police officer. She gets it on video, goes back to work, goes to her photos app on her mac Os computer, deletes it from her photos. We need to portray this more accurately in film and television. We need to have seen her go to her deleted files and delete for good. Which also it still lives in the cloud even if he deleted it from the track, which I think Bradley Jackson would and should know. But I feel like this show I'm saying one hundred percent, Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent. I will say it's sort of like your thing about how texting on television should look like real texting, in that you know it's not that simple, girl Like, they're not going to be doing all these setups right. The third graders know that it's enough for the audience to see a video getting deleted to know that she is morally corrupt.
Speaker 2: They are three seasons in. They know how to do this.
Speaker 1: And can I say I have no notes, I don't want them to change a thing. I want them to keep going because in this next episode, so basically Billy crud up, he finds out.
Speaker 2: That she's the this really damning footage.
Speaker 1: And basically, now Bradley, who's been all about journalistic integrity, when she is put to the test, she fails her own test. She is now she could go to prison for doing this. So basically he covers it up. And now we're at where we're at, and the brother comes in and says, I'm gonna confess, and she goes, are you fucking an idiot? And she's like, what have I done for you? And she's like screaming, And then she has a scene with Jennifer Enison where Jennifer Andison's like, well, you know that's what we do. We hold people to account, and Brady Jackson goes, right, right, of course, that's what we do. And then Jennifer, anyway, I gotta go, big interview happening, and so love you girl. I'm Jennifer. You're wreathe.
Speaker 2: You are you want to be Reethe?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, you are Jennifer. When I look around this apartment.
Speaker 2: Girl, you're Jennifer is an Alex Levy apartment. Can I say, I'm so confused at that character at what for?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're confused with the characters on the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: What I had to say out loud just to make it make sense in my brain was she goes to like has a day on Coney Island with John Hamm's character, who is this like billionaire tech oligarchy guy, and they have an amazing kind of pseudo date where like they really charm each other. She like gets him on a helicopter to the Hampton's. It's this big moment.
Speaker 1: You would think that she likes the guy, and then the next episode she's like grilling him at the All hands meaning yes and in public in front everyone, like trying to like embarrass him. I'm like, it makes no sense. Why Why? Because people are complicated bo okay, and characters don't make sense and humans don't make sense okay, and the Morning Show knows that more than anyone. That's why I love these girls writing the show, because they know the show like people should make absolutely no sense.
Speaker 2: Did we establish that the third grade got held back and have been in the third grade for three years in a row now because they never quote unquote graduated to the fourth grade.
Speaker 1: They're montessory.
Speaker 2: I do you understand like that they're knitting, they're potting plants, they're writing TV.
Speaker 1: I mean they're third graders. Like it's more of a spiritual thing, yeah, and less about like continuing to educate, to educate and like moving forward in terms of like nothing about this is linear, Like nothing about this takes place in time and space. And I'm talking about the Morning Show and the existence the third graders.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, I see.
Speaker 1: So basically what I want to say is you're at a point in this most recent episode where you have not And I came in and I'm like, have they fucked yet? Right? Spoiler alert? I am talking about John Hamm and Jennifer Aniston. They fuck in the episode, and.
Speaker 2: Which as an audience member, you're like, I did want to see that?
Speaker 1: And boy do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They it's like a JJ Abrams sort of like very interesting lighting the position that they find them in post coitally in the Morning I have to explain. Okay, So, and let me know, straight couples, if you ever find yourself in this body position after fucking John Hamm is laying on his belly, Okay, Jennifer Aniston is nude on top of him. I can only describe their position as her pussy is on his butt like he's giving bottom, but is her back on his back or is her tits are on his back? Pussy's on his butt, and her leg is sort of wrapped around his leg to the point where I'm like, does this happen? Do women lay on top? Do women top men?
Speaker 2: I think this happens much more often than you think. I think it's a cat writing a tortoise. I think it's that. I think it's yeah, we see riding the shell.
Speaker 1: You know. I think that what John Hamm is trying to do is he's trying to make people forget his big old penis, because remember how he's big old penis. He's always like whenever anyone talks about it in the media or like and whenever he's like pushed on the size of his penis, which is swinging around all the time.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like, well, then you're the one who's swinging it. And it's also like penis shame comes from both sides, you know what I mean. And it's like, oh, I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: I think that that went into conversations that I all I can say is the body position that they're in was something that was just had a four hour meeting. Yeh. It had to go through many different departments in hands. Ultimately, I'm sure that there was like.
Speaker 2: The blocking rehearsal was two days.
Speaker 1: Absolutely this is and then they had to get the lighting right, and they had to get the lighting.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like can you see the bulge from when I'm lying face down? Can you see?
Speaker 1: It's more about her silhouette really, because they like pan over her draped leg to the point where like they're fully nude and you see like the curve of her butt and then it goes around and like he by the way, I can't even I can't explain he's wearing this net which I couldn't get.
Speaker 2: Saw the necklace that you posted and.
Speaker 1: Then I posted it on Instagram and then I was informed that as a Saint Christopher necklace, which is something that surfers were, and I was like, I couldn't make it clear. I get it so much that this is obviously something surfers do. I just didn't know it was that big of a deal. Unfortunately, now I do have to buy that and probably be him in a wetsuit with that necklace for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought you would say you're gonna start surfing, and I thought, no, there's no need.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: No man, why would.
Speaker 1: You do that? Is in my future?
Speaker 2: There are sharks in the water.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I'm not going in there. We're on the same page. No, no way, I'm not going in the ocean.
Speaker 2: The surfing community is really really shaken right now because they're like, what do we do about the sharks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's never been more sharks. And you know that. We were in Fine Rail last time we saw a shark. We talked about this.
Speaker 2: We talked about by the way, we called this man insane and hung yeah, and he was just being heroic. Ah.
Speaker 1: He was screaming at the ocean, running down the beach and his genus was huge, and he was warning us of that is not relevant what his dick size. I think that would be a compliment. And okay, can I just say something to John Ham, to this guy on the beach who was screaming shark, I'm so sorry that you guys feel upset that people can see how big your dicks are. When you're nude on the beach and when you are not wearing underwear in like slacks and like you're swinging it around like you are.
Speaker 2: It's going to get back to people. It's a triple crown. You're piercing Society America in the world exactly. This episode is called the Triple Crown. The Triple Crown colon Society America.
Speaker 1: The Triple Crown call in Society of America and the World is his title of its title of up And people are gonna see that title of app and be like, oh wow, they're on their NPR shit this time, and then they're gonna click play, and then it really.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be less. No, it couldn't be less.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Greta Lee is really becoming like a huge part of the show. There's a scene where she's standing outside and she's sort of fearbiously nervously smoking weed. I'm like, that's me watching this show. I thought of you when I saw Gretta Lee because she was picking at her fingernails, and I went, that is some Matt Rogers behavior. She was nervously picking at her fingernails until blood and I went.
Speaker 2: I know, look the thumb. I don't think we've told him about it. I saw your lucky thumb on FaceTime yesterday. It's gotten worse. I need to sit you down. This is an intervention. I'm dead ass. You need to stop.
Speaker 1: I actually haven't touched it in a while. So everyone, I have a lucky thumb, no which I asked bowing to rub sometimes for luck, trying to help him, and he persecutes me. Whatever. I'm just saying, how did the lucky thumb become what it is? I think from stress, I think all year, from digging your teeth into the caratin the shell of the nail. So how would you describe the texture feel the lucky Just touch it? Please, please touch the thumb so I look so touch it, to touch it and explain to the reader. Is what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Out there, readers, It's the Grand Canyon. There is a deep, deep canyon on the bed of the nail that then it's like a cliff that goes down and then comes back up.
Speaker 1: But now it's at this weird angle. It's so it's really weird, like a picture of it. For that, we'll close this to socials. Is this good? Good? God? I got it? I just want to make sure it's a good glamour shot of my lucky thumb. Now, you haven't touched it in a while. No, I haven't been biting it because don't even touch it. What am I supposed to do? Bowing?
Speaker 2: Gretee picks at her nails until they bleep. That that's how you were.
Speaker 1: Gonna say you thought of me when you saw grete Lee and past lives. I did think of you. I did. You were like, this is stunning, acting like my sister.
Speaker 2: Not no, not no, I said, I said, my sister can deliver a grounded, bilingual performance like that.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't pick at my thumb. I nervously bite my thumb. I was doing it because I have been stressed. Now because I have now everyone may know I am releasing an album, and I've been you know.
Speaker 2: I've been working so hard.
Speaker 1: It was stressful a couple of months. They're recording and getting everything together. It's been a big project, and my thumb fell by the wayside. That is the price to pay, I guess. Yeah, when you can come see My Lucky Thumb live, if you come, buy tickets, Oh my god, to me on tour. I think there, Matt Rodgers Official dot com. Get your ticket. They are going fast, well, they could be going faster, so that's why we're saying to get them a couple of months. We have time.
Speaker 2: I think the Lucky Thumb can be a new Christmas classic, a new Christmas.
Speaker 1: Image, likely waiting for Sanna gnawing on my lucky thumb.
Speaker 2: Yes, the holiday spirit is stressing you out so much that you get a lucky.
Speaker 1: Thum that actually is good. Like so many gifts to buy, so many meals, to make, so many family to see. I've been gnawing on my thumb. And the chorus is like, I've been chewing on my thumb so hard. I've been waiting for Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: God, it's so it's so crazy. He just is able to come up with like hooks like that, with the with the meter, with the way that the syllables land. Now, I think the Lucky Thumb, if the fans, if the readers, Katie public is final as we go see your shows, yeah, I think if they show up with the Lucky thumb, it's like your friendship bracelet. You know what I mean exactly. Speaking of friendship bracelets, you've both seen the Aerostour film.
Speaker 1: We both have seen the Aerostore from very different settings. I would say, yes, you sort of went by yourself on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: Night, Wednesday night, I see Taylor is releasing tickets a day before the actual premiere, which I must imagine upset some Swifties who wanted to say that they were the first ones to see it. And you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think they also went to great lengths to like plan their weekend around it and thought it was more limited than I guess it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: But you know what, hey, I must to thank Taylor for doing that. Yeah, because I was not quick to buy the original release of tickets, and then I tried to get some the other day earlier last week and saw that it's all, I mean, every theater sold out in New York for the next two and a half weeks. I said, Okay, guess I gotta wait till November and then she releases these tickets. I bought two pairs of tickets for two showtimes seven thirty and then nine forty five didn't get out of work until nine o'clock till nine fifteen.
Speaker 1: So you really helped the opening weekend box office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought quadrupled the amount of tickets that I ended up using because they because guess what, guys, I saw it by myself in a theater that was not packed because it was a late, late show. But there were about like what thirty of us there and getting up and singing and dancing. See, the spirit did not move us. I see, I had my own road, and it was like a big theater where you know, seats could recline. I could not see anybody else, but it seemed like other people in the rows above me. No one was below me, and the rows above me we're having fun cheering. I was by myself in my own row. No one could see me. This is purely for myself. Was pumping my fist during the reputation beat.
Speaker 1: Can we say yes? The reputation era was one the best part. Yep, Look what You Made Me Do went off so hard the way that that any hater of that song. And I'm just gonna be honest myself included in the very beginning of course, too, we were not Look What You Made Me Do? Original OG supporters. In fact, we felt confused.
Speaker 2: We felt we always loved the bridge, We always.
Speaker 1: Loved fat dreams. I look now, I think it's one of the great songs. I think it's one of the great standards. It is by far the highlight of such an incredible concert and film. Yeah, and I would say Evermore. Inter reputation that whole section. She really capital d capital t did.
Speaker 2: That for sure. I think reputation fucking jolts you back into because I was late, I had a long day. I was getting a little droopy.
Speaker 1: I during Evermore.
Speaker 2: During Evermore, not that I don't love and adore Evermore, but then reputation, that fucking these title treatments for each of the eras.
Speaker 1: The snake going through the crowd.
Speaker 2: I was like, I have never seen that was like the first time I saw The Titanic on film, Sink sink was the snake coming out of the fucking screen. I went, damn, unreal, unreal and listen. Loved the secret songs. Yeah, you can tell she loves you can tell she loves reputation and folklore. Folklore I think took the longest eight up. The most time.
Speaker 1: I was talking to Dart and Patrick about like what we would cut if we absolutely had to. And it's so interesting because watching the actual error stour and thinking what I would cut while in the concert is so different than the film. What I would cut from the film like tolerated, like on that show four times and so tolerated. Okay, let's go oh really yeah, And then she said Broadway in the erastour. What I was most taken by in the whole time is how calm and present she used. Because when you're seeing the concert, the energy in the stadium, as I'm sure many of you know, is so insane that for her to like even find the camera and remain present and like be calm was so just wild to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is really plugged in. She is having fun. I think she has leaned into this thing where it's like she's just gonna be fun and literal and like she has to play to the fucking nosebleeds, you know. So yeah, so it's like, oh, be way, she's like tapping her, She's like story pirates. She's doing story pirates. And that's what we're taught in parts is you gotta play to the back round.
Speaker 1: Like big actions, big objectives, must be so clear. You're making me feel like I'm the man. Get the typewriters out, get the desks, Okay, I'm gonna say this bravely. Let me tell you something. I heard that she cut Wildest Dreams from the movie, and I text bowing two words hate her, hate her. She knows what she did. She disrespected a lot of people with that decision. If you saw her in person, would you say that I said, I hate you. No, I wouldn't even I wouldn't even say it to her. I would go up to Travis and I point to her and I'd say hate her, hate her, and she'd laugh. Did you know they were coming? No, they just can't. They just can't came. And it was a dress rehearsal. It's like, great, that was fun.
Speaker 2: I'm in my room getting stuff, you know, tiding up my room. I had people watching for my dressing room for the air show. I walk outside it, go to my makeup chair. I see two people talking to two tall people.
Speaker 1: You said, tallest people in the world, in the world, by the way, it's one thing to see them individually many times.
Speaker 2: But it's purefol multiplier. It's like I see them together. I go, oh, no, I'm in the redwood for us. Yeah, I'm in the redwood for us.
Speaker 1: Might as well have been ever more staging. It might as well have the trees were so tall. Folklore staging. No Mama, no mama. The ever more staging is the tree or the.
Speaker 2: Staging, but the folklore album cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that we just missed each other there, But we're really saying the same thing. And tall trees, tall tree paint, Tree Pain is tall. I mean, here's the thing. She has to stand in the industry.
Speaker 2: She's a giant, a titan of this industry. She should be tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What you're saying is you're like Meryl Streep and big little lives. You don't trust small people.
Speaker 2: We are on the Hunter Harris bandwagon, where we are saying Amy Adams, please do the Tree Paid biopic.
Speaker 1: You must.
Speaker 2: She is destined for that. That's the oscar. She's getting the oscar for the Tree Pain biopic. Country Harris has been writing about this on her step stack for years.
Speaker 1: This is what it needs to be. And I haven't read this substack, so I don't know exactly what planning. And I think anyone should write this. It should h her. But this is my pitch. I think the Tree Pain biopic should be like the two Hours after Kim and Kanye first, what they did. I want to see like real time Taylor. Yeah, I want to see real time pr handling. I want to see ultimately at the end of the movie. It should be shot like zero dark thirty, And I want to see ultimately at the end of the movie. Remember when zero Dark thirty, when Jessica Chesting gets on the plane and she finally has a moment where she can break down and sob oh my, zero dark thirty not on top of mind for you.
Speaker 2: Right, another iconic Redhead film.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Yes. And also, Jessica is going to be mad that we didn't pitch her for It's Amy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jessica, you've you You're fine.
Speaker 1: She's literally fine. You've You've done a lot. You don't need this. Yeah. What is she doing right now? She's doing something like that that Tim Tammy thing. What Tim Tammy, the Timmy Whynette. Yeah, the Timmy Wynette thing, Jessica Chastain is what we're saying is you're busy, George and Tammy. I don't know why I said, Tim, Well, that's like last year, George and Tammy. I forget what she's doing. But she is doing something right now, and Jessica Chastain is kind of always doing something. It's actually really told your number ninety nine. Jessica Chastain is kind of always doing something.
Speaker 2: Can I say what the fact that I thought George and Tammy was this year? I'm so out of the loop with Jessica. It's hard to find things sometimes she's not triple crowning. Can I say this isn't my I don't think so, honey. Okay, but I don't think so honey that they just took I love that.
Speaker 1: For you like off you can't watch it. It's crazy. I've always like, I've always been that kind of person that's like, oh no, that would feel so bad to be in one of the things that they just take off streaming.
Speaker 2: We're not. No one's immune. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm scared for Fire Island.
Speaker 2: Like no, I'm really scared for Fire Island to be honest.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I think the fact that it's gotten like some awards and nominations is a good sign, and the fact that it's searchlight is good. But I'm also like, please, please, please please please at least put this on like airplanes. That's my thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was someone. There was someone out there who was like, I fought to get the physical copy of my thing because I don't trust the streamers. Now I was like, oh, yeah, I guess that is important booster. Not to trigger anybody. Also, not a scab. Get it off this topic. Yeah, anyway, what were we talking about tree Pain biopic? Oh? It should be the two hours after the Kim and Kanye thing, and we should see tree Pain jump into action and handle shit. And at the end, I believe she has a moment to herself, maybe in a car or a closet, which is just three uninterrupted minutes of her finally just like having a release because she has had to be so strong as Taylor Schof's publicist, and Amy would finally win the Oscar.
Speaker 2: Amily would win the Oscar. Do you think it's a thing where we never see Taylor in the film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we never see her.
Speaker 2: I mean it really selfishly pitch something.
Speaker 1: You want to be in it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. I think we should be in it.
Speaker 1: I think we.
Speaker 2: Should be in it because I agree, but I think we should be in it in this way playing ourselves.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: I think the movie becomes a backdoor pilot for the Matt and Bowen biopic television show. I know it's a movie, but the movie is the back door for the show, and it ends the movie ends slash. The show starts with the phone call that Tree and I had while I was laying over in the Madrid airport passing hot Spanish guy after hot Spanish guy. I fucking each one of them them, I fucking mee. Yeah, I was like, this is Spanish man, what is going on? I mean, while I'm on the phone with Tree Paine discussing the particulars and the contract obligations of would Taylor be interested in sending a video to the Culture Awards?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Tree Pain was powerful professional, Miss Pain was pain. And then the show starts with the Culture Awards You.
Speaker 1: And I waving, waving, and then we see finally her have three moments of a breakdown because she has had to be so strong in dealing with you on the phone. She's had to Bowen has been such a nightmare on the phone. It's been Bowen is he's so difficult to deal with him in Hollywood since he's become you know, you know, Big Bowen, since he's since he's become the legend. I was proud of you doing Columbus. Your Italian accent was giving me. What was it giving?
Speaker 2: Me? Said, yeah, which I loved.
Speaker 1: It was fun. I worked hard on it. And yet some people you work hard all the time, that was never in doubt.
Speaker 2: Some people who you know, do this. The Sunday morning write ups were not as impressed, and I went, oh, that's fine.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I realized, this is me being real and people can rollerize at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's fun to like root for me anymore. And it's and it's okay. I don't think that's true. I kind of you think when you roll out.
Speaker 1: There and make an update, they're like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: I think this one I'm gonna say in the moment, oh this is so fun, I'm so lucky.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then I think, once it kind of passes through the internet thing, it's like, oh, let's that's not.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something on the internet not good. It's it's pretty bad. And also I remember like when you first got on and like people were like there was just like the troll thing, and you would come to me and be like the trolls online are so mean. They're saw me and they're so mean. I finally got like a little taste of it because whenever I go on watch it Happens live.
Speaker 2: Oh, these people are they are. It's it's like these people are like the scorched scum on steel of the soul.
Speaker 1: Like troll culture is like so real still, and I'm like, oh, this is with everything going on in the goddamn world, Like this is what this is what people get so deep about. I'm like some gig guys spouting off on watch what happens anyways. It's just no nuanced conversations on the internet, I think, as we can.
Speaker 2: See of course, anyway, I didn't need to masturbate in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: What you don't know is that bell what is that his dick at his hand in front of me for the last thirty five minutes and I said, bowen, this doesn't feel appropriate to me. And this is like I said, I'm in my I'm in my own home. Yeah, And I said, this is what I need hr on this podcast. I should have them on speed dial. Yes, Well, did I tell you I met something strack the other night? You did? And can you can we know what she said. Yeah, we can know what she said.
Speaker 2: I basically I know what she said, but I want I want everyone to know it.
Speaker 1: No, So we ran into each other at this restaurant in Los Angeles and I went up to her and I was like, oh, my god, Hi. She said, I feel like I know you, and I was like, I mean, it's so great to meet you. You're my favorite. And she goes, well, don't go that far. That is I loved it, and then walked away. And I was like, you are my favorite and she was like I don't know. And I was like you and she was like running away. I believe she might have been on a date. She was with a gentleman.
Speaker 2: That makes me very happy to hear.
Speaker 1: Well. I was debating whether or not to go up to her, and Greta and Ayb were like, you should go up to her. If she's on a date. This will make her like look cool, you know, et cetera. Oh, that's great, that's great. And I bet she felt really good about it. I mean, I don't know how she felt. She got either shy or incredibly furious that I said to her, you're my favorite, or was she being fa humble prechance, perchance to dream to dream.
Speaker 2: Speaking of housewives, did you watch Rone last night?
Speaker 1: So I have to say something about Ronie, which is that I think it's gotten really good towards the end of the season, and I'm sad to see a villains so clearly emerged, because I can tell this person did not think they were going to be this. This is it was really two.
Speaker 2: This is what we're all saying. Yes, Cian, Aaron, they're so fucking lame. You know.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think. I think that Cy what I get from her sometimes is like I think her energy and her face value. I think that she's a good person, and the essence of Si is cool. Yeah, I think the essence of her is better than her behavior. Right, it doesn't really make sense to be like I don't care, like I'm better than this that like, and to really be so dismissive and then to have pretty much your entire storyline be that your head is all the way up Jessel's ass. And what I would say is that I think that the Internet is a little hard on.
Speaker 2: SI because I just don't I know, she's not making a great case for herself. I think it's actually quite it rarely happens, but it's quite evenly proportioned, you think, because I mean the storyline is her head's up Jessel's ass. Even to the finale, it's still about the snacks and the cheese and the food. I'm like, give it up, Jessel really won the season. I'll sugg the season walked away with it CI And I'm gonna say Brin. I know Brin's like the other favorite, but like both of their things, even with Brin's invitation, I mean, like, bring the person that you've had sex what they want to have sex with. I'm like, this is not me being prudish or sex negative. I'm like, it's everything that comes out of your mouth is about fucking boobs, dicks, whatever, what like. And then her whole thing about like settling down with the man, it's about like he needs to read the economist.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are you nineteen?
Speaker 2: I think she doesn't know what she wants right, and I can relate to that one thousand percent. But back to cy then nobody cares thing. It's like you're screaming at the most at the weirdest, craziest register about how much you you don't care. What did you say at one point in the episode, don't call me a.
Speaker 1: Mean girl, you fucking bitchy, Okay, don't call me a mean girl, you fucking bitch is kind of iconic. I will say I didn't like I did not like Povt calling bitch. I did not like Pavot in the last episode, being like she's bipolar. Pavit needs to sort of a lot of it down there. I understand, Like it can't feel good to like be the object of all this. It's just weird too, because I feel like Jessel and Povet are so obviously good. Yeah, I feel like they're actually a picture of a pretty good relationship. Like and the sex thing is it's just like that's like centering sex in a relationship in a way. That's just like I think says like you're saying much more about all of them than it does about JESSELA and Povitt, Right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I realized, Oh, the whole season has been like these two women, Aaron and Ci interrogating, examining, turning over every rock about the marriage, Jessel's background. Yeah, and I for why for why for what? For why for Who's for perchance? Perchance here's a question for you. Do you think a gen alliance wants to be on the show and be will return to the show. I think she'll return, And I think this is the most we've talked about Jenna Lions in a long time, and I think she likes that, And I don't blame her. I love that, you know, she wants to sell her eyelashers. She wants to explain why her teeth are all new, Like she like she has a platform to like tell people who she is, why she does what she does. I think she's come off very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just feel like it's really interesting to see her like take this platform and like she's like, I'm going to do it on my own terms. And in that I both respect that because it's like, yeah, who says that you have to do housewives the way everyone else does housewives? At the same time, when Housewives is happening around you, you do have to kind of need to hate in it otherwise you're going to get left behind in the narrative.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: I just would like to see her play a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Do you think if Uba continues to date this man in Connecticut? I would be annoyed? If she did not, if she still kept him away from the.
Speaker 1: Show, Uba Uba, I think we will not see him kept over in the show.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be on the show. It's just early days and like, of course you don't bring him on there.
Speaker 1: She's moving in silence because because she knows, well, we see what happens when you make a mistake. The wolves and the sharks come out to hunt, to hunt, and they hunted, and then we saw that in the finale. Yeah, hunting, and guess what, that's a little bit what they're all there to do. They're there to hunt.
Speaker 2: Totally. Well, the SI having that meltdown, I'm like, you're just upset that you got caught. That was so obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were oct You said you would do one thing and did another, and it was on camera.
Speaker 2: The image that size trying to protect, the person that size trying to be on camera is not at all lined up with the person she actually is, and therefore she is now this villain where she banked on other women being the unfavorites.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to say. My thing is I'm cool and unbothered and you're screaming, and you're you're a screaming you know, you know, but like that's this is the thing, is like what I wish for, and I don't think I know that this is another unpopular opinion. I want to see everyone come back, and I think they should add one. I know I'm in the minority opinion here, but I would like to see Liam McSweeney on these with this cast. Personally, I think she makes the most sense and I think it will be nice and be invigorating for the show to have someone want bridge right, because Leah never fit in with that group anyway totally. She was so much younger than them, She was so much different than them. She was so much hipper than them. I'm not going to say cooler. She was just like an edge that they could literally couldn't handle. So conversation would just break down because like it was Ramona and Leah and who.
Speaker 2: Cares they're speaking a different language.
Speaker 1: Like I think that Leah and Si would be an interesting vibe. I think that Leah and Brinn would be a fun vibe. I think like one of the only people that would literally say to Jenna Lyons like what the fuck? Like why aren't you? Why are that better than us? Is someone like Leah and I know that Leah did not slay the Ultimate Girl's Trip, and people have their ideas about why and who she is, et cetera. And yeah, her second season was that's certainly not as strong as her first, And that has nothing to do with sobriety just has to do with like, I don't know, maybe where she was at in her life, but like, I think that Leah is watchable and dynamic and would fit in with this cast and would give it a boost next season. Perchance the like edge and danger.
Speaker 2: That it needs a chance to dream. That's how you make a very good case. I was not totally on board when you first proposed this, but now this persuasive.
Speaker 1: Girl persuasion the new fragrance by Matt Bye. See the thing is, when I start to do my fragrances, it will not be as Matt Rogers. It will just be Matt.
Speaker 2: Do you agree that the name Matt is really powerful?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think it is. Whenever someone says Matt, I hear you saying it Matt, and I smile. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It makes sense why you would smile when hearing my name. Love you, sister, But I don't think the name holds power. What I think is frustrating about my name Matt is that approximately billions have it as well. And I will also say that when you go on to Spotify and you put type in Matt Rogers still American Idol guy, it's a country singer named Matt Rogers, and then there's me, and then there is an American Idol contestant obviously who's also like a TV host. So it's like I sort of can't do anything in this goddamn town. I know you don't like goddamn, but that's how I'm describing the town. Oh no, no, damn, I'm saying goddamn in song. I know, I know, but you know, it's just so many people are Matt Rogers, and yet I feel like I have worked. Oh my god, you it's so hard to establish my attention. We get like this, like you are a monoonymously Boeen, you know you could be.
Speaker 2: It's not monique, It's truly not.
Speaker 1: I forgot your last name. I don't know you're mononymous to me. Beyonce Madonna Bowen. Did you see clips from the celebration tour? I did not see clips in it looks looks good.
Speaker 2: She looks good. Yeah, I am excited. I hope to go.
Speaker 1: I hope to go to That would be really fun. Barklay. The set list is just I mean, it's Madonna's Madonna. Is she doing Barclays.
Speaker 2: She's doing Barclays in December.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be hard. Oh December. I can't go. I'm on tour by tickets at www dot Matt Rodgers Official Dark I cancel the tour. No, I can't. Okay, I just love my fans too much.
Speaker 2: I think the fans would be more excited to see you than Madonna. I will live and have slight regrets if I don't see Madonna on what maybe her last tour. But I will really, really, really really hate myself if I don't go to see you.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, really messed up. Got tickets to see Matt Rogers and the Countess Slew on the same night. What do I do? And I said, girl, you know what to do. I'll see you at the show. Come on.
Speaker 2: Lou's been doing it for a minute. She's making trips around the sign Madison Luke can never which is release an album?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry she lude knows this.
Speaker 1: I think that album from Lou would be major.
Speaker 2: I just don't think I.
Speaker 1: Want to hear the Lou ballad.
Speaker 2: I don't know that Lou has the work ethic she's up there. I'm just saying like, she doesn't have the hunger. I think she's so hungry. I think she's as hung as John ham and that gay on the beach screaming shark, the three hungry and hung icons, Lou Anne, John Hamm.
Speaker 1: The shark guy, and fag who cried SHARKA who cried shark. Do you think he's upset that we called him a fact? I think so.
Speaker 2: Literally, we were still on the island and the episode came out anywhere, and I was at the canteen getting some breakfast, and then one of the shop owners, Oh no, walked up to me and said, we loved your episode. And the guy who was telling everybody about the sharks, you know, called me this morning and said he was he felt really embarrassed. I said, oh no, that's not what that was. Now we were saying no, no, no, we were truly hailing him as a hero. We were just kind.
Speaker 1: Of he was right, he was right. I said, I want to do a film based on him. I literally want to do a film based on him, which is he's getting the life rights check. This is what I want is I do think it could be a great opportunity, like artistically, to play someone who literally no one believes. And then all of a sudden, the shark rises up at the end and we all gasped because they were like, oh my god, he was right, and like that is a term of endearment.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, like, come on, oh please, we only use it endearingly. I've ever called someone I do not like a fagot on my life, never have no only icons, only icons, truly, and he count as one of them. Where we say, oh, Housewives, anything to say about salt Lake? Interesting development? Last week? I was writing on Tuesday. Now, I don't get to watch salt Lake the night that they air because I'm working. But you and Cud were watching it together last week, and you both shocked me with statement you knew what it was, say what it was. You're both team and Angie. Now, oh we can't say that.
Speaker 1: It's not that I'm team Angie now, it's that. After that, I deeply understood Angie why this would feel so harmful, because the way that her husband broke down. I was like, Okay, two things. One, I believe these people are actually fine and discussions about her. And I also think being team Angie doesn't mean anti Meredith because I actually don't think she's I don't believe that Meredith as a glad girly like her husband's game. I think it must be something else. Meredith, how much what happened?
Speaker 2: Said someone at one of her questions from the audience was was the rumor that you were talking might ever get discussed? And she goes, I never discussed it, and then Andy goes, well, that's not what I'm talking about. And Meredith never never spread that rumor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said she knew a rumor and would go there, And that doesn't mean it's necessarily the same thing. I think that there's some well whatever, and I think, I guess what I'm saying is like one, I don't think that their marriage is like weird. And two, I think if he is gay alone, it doesn't feel good to watch this guy fucking break down like this. I mean, he loves his daughter, he has love for his wife. I don't know what form that takes, whatever it is, it is clearly real and therefore like, oh, but it's getting to the point now where it's just like I guess if you go on one of these reality shows, like and your husband's like, hey, I don't know, and you're like no, no, no, it's like you can't make him that promise. It's like every single one of these women is bloodthirsty to destroy your marriage. Yeah, it's like Cyan Aaron looking for something wrong with jesselin Povit like literally desperately needing there to be something wrong with them to prove what my thing is.
Speaker 2: That it's just I mean, Giselle fucking does this. It's like constantly, it's like let's say, like I don't know, like tameran Oc or whatever, Like it's low hanging fruit. At this point, it's so well traa that I'm like, I actually don't give a fuck if someone's marriage is on the rocks in one of these shows. It's not what I'm it's not why I'm want.
Speaker 1: Or if the marriages are on the rocks, like let's see it play out between the couple, you know what I mean. Like it just feels like it always feels like when someone on any reality show, it comes for someone else's marriage. It will always read to me as you are not personally compelling enough to carry your own acting, and that is something I will give Jenna alliance is she is personally compelling enough so that she can barely engage with what's going right and for us to still be like Jenna Jenna and to still be like, oh wow, she's so great, She's an icon. We have to make it a little bit of a shorter episode today, so we're going to transition into I don't think so, honey, and personally I don't think so, honey. I believe could be elaborated on. So I want to get into it. I love a conversation starter. I the conversations with you in general. Girl.
Speaker 2: You know that's reciprocally.
Speaker 1: My favorite conversationalist. I always say that, I don't know speaking of we will be in conversation with Betty gopin ninety second Street Why October twenty second, and we are going to be losing that as an episode. We are I'd also be live streamed.
Speaker 2: It'll be on the YouTube. I don't know that it will be released.
Speaker 1: On art okay, So just know that I deeply want to provide it as an episode and so does Bowen and just stay tuned. But you'll never know. So if you feel like it is any doubt, just come see us.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're so excited we should say that, I Donny is our one minute segment where we each take a minute to really get something in culture that's grinding our gears. That's the expression Matt Rodgers will go first. This is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so many times starts it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Honey, Will and Jada, I'm so tired of it. They're so annoying, like you might have to be brought to the Red table if that's your real name, because now we know the red table has been if red is the color of honesty and truth, well this has not been very read. You're so ready. Why are you saying, like why have we been engaging in your relationship if it's not been an actual thing for seven years?
Speaker 2: Like thirty seconds?
Speaker 1: What is this? And I'm so over in general and trailer Swelsey, I have to say this too, but like this like thing of like promoting your own relationship feels a little weird to me and icky to me, like less with them because it's like exciting and blah blah blah, and that's like, you know, part of it. I'm just bothered by the Will and Jada thing because it feels like both weird and dishonest and annoying at this point, what was the slap for if your marriage hasn't been real?
Speaker 2: That's one minute. Yes, it's not that they owe us anything at the time that these things develop, but it's that like, oh, you are creating these really exhausting media narratives around your marriage when it was when it was always a shamp Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess that's my thing is it's just like you ask us to engage to you ask discuss to engage for years and years and years. You are Will and Jana. You came to the red table, right, and now it's like it just feels like, huh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that was a very good conversation starter.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And that's what we have here, honest conversations.
Speaker 2: I have one that's kind of it's a reaction to something that I just witnessed.
Speaker 1: Okay Bowen has witnessed something in the culture, and therefore he comes to his podcast Last Culturcist to discuss it. And thank god, this is Bowen Yang's I don't think so, honey. His time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey. This new Wonka trailer that just made me sit down and watch he didn't make me. I was curious, but I watched it, and I my jaw was on the floor. I'm not gonna blame Timothy for this, but like tennis ball acting, we had to figure out something better. Timothy is not acting in the same movie as Hugh grit It's so clear they were never on set the same day. I'm sure they were, but the eye lines, the registers, the tone seconds all completely misaligned in any given moment of this trailer, and I'm sure whole film also.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're gonna apply the same thing we did like fifteen second twelve years ago to movies these like prequel origin story movies. I think we're done. It's so tired, Like it's so tired.
Speaker 2: And I think we couldn't even get it right with Maleficon Angelina, Like that's that, that's this composite.
Speaker 1: I guess, like I don't.
Speaker 2: We love Willie Wonka, we love the man and the chocolate, but not the story.
Speaker 1: And that's one minute. I just don't know who asked for a new Wonka. I don't know that we needed this, and that makes me feel like, obviously it's just because it's so beloved property, Like, but is it, like do people care about this?
Speaker 2: I mean, Charlie and the chocolate factory is it's monoculture. It's like totally nos and.
Speaker 1: So I don't think it's about Beloved's covertison.
Speaker 2: I think it's research. I think it's market research being like, well, hey, Warner Brothers, like, we haven't done anything with this in a while.
Speaker 1: I don't want to predict that something's gonna do badly, but I think this is gonna bomb. I'm predicting this is gonna bomb. Here's what I think. Two things. I predict Wonka is gonna bomb. I Predictmingirls musical will be huge. It's the Taylor Barbie thing. M hmm.
Speaker 2: It's like the reason Paramount moved it off of Paramount Plus and into theaters was because they were like, oh right, these are the people who are paying for movie tickets right now.
Speaker 1: First of all, enough for nothing, but like Mingirls shouldn't ever have been going to Paramount Plus. Mingirls is a huge, relevantes like cultural thing that people would want to.
Speaker 2: Revisit for twenty years, it's been relevant. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think anyone didn't like the musical, probably because like I personally feel like when you put something on Broadway, it kind of sucks edge out of something like Mean Girls, which is like ingols are so cool because it's so funny and edgy and bitchy and fun and said something and was like, you know, it was able to create new things, whereas like a Broadway version of that literally taking place on a stage just kind of like you can't necessarily be like.
Speaker 2: Edgy and enough and it has to be for like the moms and the dead who are flying their teens in to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is like a movie version of even the musical can feel edgy and cool and it looks great and Renee looks so sligh in it's yeah, that line reading was that's how you am. The trailer it's so Renee get in, lose there or whatever. Yes, And I love that she's not copying Rachel. I know.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's smarter than them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, she's really fucking good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh it seems like a great cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a lot of fun I was happy to see tim Meadows and Tina are in it, sigh, sleigh, and I will be there. And here's the thing is, it's like, mean girls, I know I'll be there, Wonka, I know I won't. Yeah, you know you won't. And I love Timmy. I mean like, oh to say nothing of a Levia. And that's another thing. I was like, Wow, she's in this huh and it's not enough for me?
Speaker 2: Can possibly be you know what I'm saying, mean girls, does you know what the thing that people overlook in meingirls The moral of that entire story is at the athletes competition where it's I know it like is the climax the film for Katie, But I always forget this part and it's it is the whole point of the movie is where she's like she has a snaggletooth, she has like she's a lipstick and then she goes, I realized making fun of this person is not going to help me solve this problem. Yeah, and I'm like, that's the whole part of the movie. Being mean is does not make you.
Speaker 1: Better better, It doesn't help anyone.
Speaker 2: It doesn't help a given situation, like listen, we're on a pop culture podcast where we like make fun of things all the time. But it's not for like, hopefully if we're doing our jobs right. It's not to like aggrandize ourselves. No, it's I would never ever, ever, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think either of us think we're better than a single fucking thing we talk about, and that is ever, ever, ever. But I will say I think what we want to end this podcast on is to say cig being mean to Jessel is not gonna make you better, period, period. And that's why we wanted to talk about Wonka was to get to sign and I mean calling someone mean girl is a pretty heavy thing because of that movie. And you know, speaking of meanirl culture, one of the most iconic bitchy songs and the highlight of the Aroostar movie is what we're gonna end the podcast on today. Oh look what you made me do? Look what you made me do? Look what you just made me do? Look what you just made me? Iconic abuser language made pop fine