Speaker 1: The volume and come on, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Two teams are on the cusp of clinching. One did it at home, one did it on the road. Now one team can go home and clinch. The other team has to take their show on the road. Both can clinch, and two teams will be without their superstars, we believe.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me. I'm your favorite unk.
Speaker 1: Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host the Liberty City Legend, Bengal Ring of Fame, Arterie pro Bowler, All Pro That's Chad oh Yo, Sinko Johnson and join us a couple of nights a week to talk all things basketball and everything in between. The Arkansas Little Rock Native University of Arkansas lum I sold Joe Johnson, Joe, thanks for joining us again. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We thank each and every one of you.
Speaker 1: We know it's late on the East Coast, but we really appreciate you joining us.
Speaker 2: Late all times.
Speaker 1: We can't thank you enough in supporting all things shay Shaped Media and Laportier. Make sure you check out Lapotier and do we do have it in stop. If you can't find it any city or a state near you, order it online.
Speaker 2: We'll ship it directly to your door.
Speaker 1: Remember is award winning the best tasting premium VSOP on the market. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platform shay Shape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: The link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours wild supplies. Last tickets for our not Safe for work to our own sale Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, LA, Miami, NYC, Chicago. We're gonna close it out in Detroit. Tickets can be found at shaysha Media dot com slash Tour Get your tickets now, get a chance to see Unknocho. The Wolves take a commanding three one series leads against the Warriors, and again it was the same two guys. Julius Rader had an outstanding night thirty one points five rebounds, three assists, one steal, one block.
Speaker 2: At Man went crazy in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: He had thirty points, four rebounds, four assists, and that was enough to push them past the Steph Currlis Warriors. I don't know what's going on. I don't know what happened with Jimmy Butler tonight. He knows nine shot attempts alright, so is not nearly enough. Kaminga came to play. Kaminga gave him twenty three points off the bench. He was six to thirteen, eleven or twelve from the pre throw line. Jimmy Butler nine field goal attempts. Buddy Hill had more field goal attempts. Pods had more field goal attempts. Draymond Green had more field goal attempts. With stephis out. This is why you make the trade for Steph Curry. Jimmy Butler is supposed to win you one game minor Steph Curry OJO. That's what's supposed to have happened. And right now, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Maybe he has an injury, but nine field goal attempts. He wasn't aggressive at all. He was coming to a jump stop, passing out of it, and it did. I don't, Like I said, I don't know what's going on health wise body wise. Maybe he got an injury that they're not reporting, but this effort tonight is unacceptable. Hey, to me, he looked hobble. He don't look healthy, you know what I mean. He don't look like he's moving right out there. And like you said, it's just like a lot of the moves that he's making they kind of scout of gold. You know, he can't get nothing from him. It's like he's looking the past. He's not he's not even yeah, to even be aggressive, to even score, because they definitely need him to put up points. But let's be honest, man, then them folks ain't got enough five power to be messed with Minnesota, not without without Curry. But here's the thing, though, Joe, who is gonna pass it to Draymond? He gonna pass it the Ponds, he gonna pass it the Tyson, Tyson, Jackson, David, he gonna pass it to a loud. I'm just trying to figure out who is he gonna pass it to that can help him get points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, if go ahead, O Joe, now age gonna say, if anything, Joe and Uncle, I really think it's something wrong with Jimmy.
Speaker 2: We know what Jimmy could do when.
Speaker 4: He takes the game over and obviously trading for him and him understanding that Steph Curry's not playing and Jimmy's one that can he can show you that load, he can put that team on his back. And the fact that he came out tonight and he wasn't as aggressive and assertive as he should be, and knowing that, listen, if we're gonna score points, he gotta come from somewhere, and it should start with me. I'm not gonna start the game facilitating now, I'm not gonna pass the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do everything I.
Speaker 4: Can, knowing that the one of the one individuals on the team right now that can put the ball on the floor and score from anyone in the court is me. I mean you that can be aggressive at night. So I think there is some type of lingering issue or something going on with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not speculate. Let's go with what we know, because that's what you always tell me, saying, Hey, it don't matter you out there on that field. Hey, I expect the effort and he was not aggressive. Kaminga was eleven to twelve from the free throw line. Jimmy Butler got to the line five times. That's not nearly aggressive enough. And like you said, I mean he was getting he was minus thirty and plus minus.
Speaker 2: And remember the other night, Joe.
Speaker 1: In Game three, it was a situation where the last eight minutes and sixteen seconds he didn't.
Speaker 2: Score a bucket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when the game, when the game un it could have been you know, going back and forth. He could have been teetering. That was the opportunity. Julius Randal has been great this playoff series. He had a career high thirty one points. Julius Randal twenty five point playoff games as a t Wolf. He had three of those as a nick he had won. I don't know what it is. Maybe he's more comfortable, maybe he's maybe there's more of an opportunity. It's kind of hard, but all I know is he's playing outstanding. And that's what you expect from your one two punch. You need your one two punch to be that. And then I'm gonna give some production. Okay, let me let me see what I can do to help you' all out h McDaniels, I got you ten. Mike Colley gave you eleven. Alexander Walker, I give you thirteen. Okay, yeah, Mike Conley gave you eleven tonight. And in a situation your two big guns go off, Well, you're minus one of your big guns with the Warriors. Now the other big gun needs to go off, and that's Jimmy Butler. He's looking to pass the ball to the guys that's not scores. I can see if he's passing the bay, if he's passing, if it's like Brunson, who's passing the ball to Cat. Okay, I get that, Yeah, okay, Cat casting, All Star casting, all NBA player, I get that. Who is Jimmy Butler passing the ball to that we know of as scores that we think of, like you know, okay, I can see this.
Speaker 4: I mean what outside of kaminga man, that's that's damn there.
Speaker 1: Basically maybe maybe maybe he was hoping for buddy, he'll have another one of them games. Ah, hey, the listen you oh you what's up, my buddy? Yeah, my buddy, listen. They get along and but Joe, you talked about it, Joe, what they're doing they're running him out that three point line.
Speaker 2: They're not letting him fought up and shoot. Now.
Speaker 1: So he's not a guy that's gonna take you off the dribble. He's not Steph Curry, he's not Dame Liler. He's not one of these three point shooters that can pop up, hop and get up get e bit the shot. He needs a catch and shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so like when all attention is on Steph, it's easy to play in that role, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, you can just.
Speaker 1: Kind of hide or just you know, kind of spectator. Some grit to some degree in the ball just kind of finds you. But I think we really have to give Minnesota they credit that, Okay, oh Joe, especially random. I know Randall has heard the whispers, he's heard the whispers, and I think just throughout this whole playoffs he's been you know, he's been pretty consistent for them. He's been special for them against the Lakers, and in this round, the Warriors have no and pongustrate it because when a man doesn't really have it going on, he takes the back seat to some degree, meaning you know, he understands he's gonna get double so he just kind of absorbs that thros Adrandam and random kind of goes out and makes plays. He's not only scoring on the ball, okay Ocho, he's distributing, you know, at a at a nice factor you know for a guy his size, and he's taking advantage of the mismatches every time he making them pay it. Yeah, ju Rema had it going early. He had like nineteen points early. So he got it going early. Everybody took a back seat. But the problem that they have the Warriors have is an excuse me. The goal that t Wolves can do is that they don't have to double anybody. There's no step on the court, so I don't have to double anybody, so I don't have to scramble and lead guys wide open for wide open threes. By Hill is not getting those wide open threes that he got in the last series and he got the first game with Steph Curry was in the game. He's not getting those right. And so with that being said, now everybody's locked up.
Speaker 2: Man the man.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like dre a threat for Rudy Gobert is not putting the situation that he needs somebody to come help Okay, you rather can take Jimmy Butler straight up or at Matt take him straight up.
Speaker 2: And then you got McDaniel and then you got Conley.
Speaker 1: So who do we have to help off of so somebody else Ojo can get a wide open shot. Nobody because they figured that the Warriors don't have nobody who could just consistently beat them. Yeah, Draymond gonna make a couple of threes. We're gonna live with that. He's not gonna beat us. That's not gonna beat us. He gonna make What did I tell you about Joe? I say, any time dray Bond take the first two three, Oh good.
Speaker 2: I like this. I like this.
Speaker 1: I like this kind of party. Hey, you know what's funny.
Speaker 4: It's amazing to see obviously with Steph being out, and I'm sure there are other teams like this and something that I didn't even know, and I didn't learn until I started talking and watching basketball with you guys. You know, this season and now even Morris come to head with understanding that most of the players on certain teams they have weaknesses and they have strengths.
Speaker 2: So to start, like Stephanie now now is.
Speaker 4: Coming to head well, I'm looking at now, I'm noticing what God damn with step being out, I understand how much how great a player he is, but I didn't know how great he was and how he made everything else work going on around him. Because now that he's out, now you have others that the scoring is really has. The scoring is not coming from anywhere else. Jimmy Butler not playing like playoff Jimmy and Jimmy we used to seeing and now you have the rest of the supporting cast. Nobody can do anything on their own their weaknesses. Oh you know, in football you have eleven players on the field most of the time. There's certain players you can hide what they don't do well.
Speaker 2: Hide it for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Now in this playoff atmosphere with step being out, well, everybody's being explored for what they can do as opposed to what they can Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Is like that in any playoff series in football, if you have if you have a weakness, what does that team do They explore it? Yeah, whatever you're bad at Yeah, whatever you're bad at it come playoff time.
Speaker 2: It gets explored.
Speaker 4: The fact A small example for those in the chat that don't know basketball, like these two du look at the Chiefs and the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: The offense, the offensive line. Offense has always been a problem all year, all seedon joke.
Speaker 4: And all of a sudden the Bowl and oh my goodness, it comes ahead and it's exposed tremendously.
Speaker 2: Yep, and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: And that's now you step you got a double step, yeah, because Steph getting the ball, We're gonna try to run doubles at it. Okay, Now Buddy can catch and shoot. Okay, now they're cracks in the defense. Jimmy can get to the lane. Either you're gonna lay the ball up or you're gonna file it. Well with no step we can play. You're honest, you ain't going nowhere, because Jimmy, you're the only one that can create a shot for yourself. Draymond is really not creating a shot for himself. Buddy, he's not creating a shot for himself. I mean, who's that's gonna start line?
Speaker 2: Pod?
Speaker 1: He's okay, Tyson Jackson Davis really so me. KAMINGA cominga but coming you know, KAMINGA comes off the beach. You played thirty minutes. I'm not worried about Caban Looney and all these other guys that got in and mop up time.
Speaker 2: Gary Payton a second, that's not what he does either. Defender.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's a three and D guy. He can you know, spot up and shoot. But he's not looking to take somebody off the dribble. That's Steph.
Speaker 2: But Steph is more dangerous because so much attention is.
Speaker 1: Focused on him. Man, somebody robbing you blind over here. You look at that stealth because you know what he capable up. And they've got they robbing you blind right at your front door. They going to the front door. They got your TV, they got your refrigerator, your mic away. Hey, listen, you're steering your system and you worry by step and step got his hand in his pocket and the next thing you know, like hey, who stole my EG? You'll be looking at me.
Speaker 2: The whole wow.
Speaker 1: And that's that's why Minnesota's playing the defense that they playing, you know, and switching because it takes you out of your count as that he can do if you're not switching. So they switch him playing man up man and a man defense. Mono and mono, Let's see what you got in your bag? And one don't think you can score enough points for us to have to double in anybody. And you did it, bro. They took care, they took care of business. They came to Golden stay there what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: You know, I know they want to get home court back, and what steph being. I mean, come on, yeah, we know it's gonna be uphill climb Joe with no steff. It's just not because the tea wards are too high power. When you got your two big guns playing the way they've been playing this whole postseason, and then you can get these other guys chipping in, it's go gonna be hard to beat them because it's hard for the Warriors to come by points. Right Because so if I got two guys going off, and we're gonna talk about this, little lady, look at the Knicks. You see how the Knicks big guns went off. Okay, we're gonna offset. We're gonna offset j T. We'll talk about him in a minute. We're gonna offset j T. We'll offset Derrick White. Okay, So Brunston go get his, and now Kat get his, and now you let Og get his. You let Michael Bridges get his. You can't overcome that somebody. So now you got Jus Randal and what you call him, combine him for sixty one. Okay, I need Jimmy that at least give me thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now now if he gives me that, these other guys chipping in, that helps. But when all the the leads gonna come in, she's leading score. He had twenty three. But then I got my starters, got.
Speaker 2: Fourteen five, fourteen, thirteen, eleven.
Speaker 1: If you add all that up together, that ain't sixty.
Speaker 2: Did it did?
Speaker 1: By the time I get that thirteen from the kill Alexander Walker, and I get that limb from Colin, and I get that team from McDaniel's, that's the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They put up an effort in people like, man, this is a close game. North wasn't heway from what we do see in these in this postseason. You gotta be healthy. That's why I say. You know, the West so thick, they gonna beat each other up. The East stick over there, they gonna beat each other up. So whoever come out of each conference. Man, you gotta hope you're healthy at this point. Well, I know, I know what you call. I'm hoping the Knicks will make the finals. Anybody else making the well, the Celtic is not making it. But anyway, the Knicks, because I don't know if there's anybody on the West on the West, Okay, see you the don't got no following. You ain't got no national following. Man and Man might bring some draw, but you need the Knicks. Hold On, ain't nobody else? I mean it really Indiana, hold on, you don't see them in the final.
Speaker 2: You know that it is Joe. You saw them in the finals. You remember even even with you're talking about back in the day.
Speaker 1: With shot at Kobe. Yeah, so you so and think about it. So you got to have that that that domino on the other side, Lakers shot in Kobe. You got the Knicks New York.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's funny that it sounds like sounds like the Fat Ladies singing. Uh, I mean both you know, I don't give your tune?
Speaker 2: DOESNET changed now?
Speaker 4: Because listen, when the before the series started, asked all who y'all had, y'all told me self.
Speaker 2: You're gonna win the series. It's some crazeacy.
Speaker 1: It's some discrepancies in the series oscrepancy.
Speaker 2: That's that's what it was.
Speaker 1: It's transpired. Hey, look, I allowed me to write the b roll. But man, listen, I told him, I told you, y'all got it sometime. Y'all got to listen to me when I tell you things. You know, I understand you're the expert. You played at the highest level.
Speaker 4: You've been doing it all your life since she was four years old, unc you know, basketball in and out like the like the pawm you goddamn hand. But it's something about me and my ability to tell the future despite the Nicks being the underdog. It's something about that God damn big body brust And listen, I just heard today and I ain't even know. I asked, listen, I tweeted, does Jalen Bruston have a super Max deal? And everybody told me listen, Young Bull was a class act. Decided to take a hometown discount, a friendly discount, so they could put a team around him and get some miss boys and here from Villanova and they had that cutting the food.
Speaker 2: And now I don't know the owner.
Speaker 4: Name, James Dolan, right, James Dolan. Yeah, And I know a lot of people got a lot a lot to say about him. But if I was the owner me and how I would move whatever super match with D. With D, I'm not gonna wait, I'm gonna pay him under the table for what I'm getting, for what I'm getting in this posty, Nah.
Speaker 2: Don't do don't pay that on the table.
Speaker 1: The team to try to pay somebody on the table David Sterry and put up David Sterry and put a piling on him so hard it got kg up out of Minnesota. He still tried to pay Joe. They tried to play Joe Smith. He took three first round draft picks. It crippled him. Wait, don't do that, you can't. Oh no, no, no, here, hey listen, listen. It's like the death pillam in college, like they gave SMU that put the death filler on.
Speaker 4: I understand I'm saying, and Joe, but if you're looking with Brunston and be a zoo not just doing forget just the playoffs. I'm talking about for helping the next get from what they were from the entirety of the season to get this point to I think nobody even gave them a chance to win this series, to be an f three to one and Jalen.
Speaker 2: Brunston having the night to night.
Speaker 4: Come on now, thirty nine forty fourteen to twenty five three feet, I mean what three faight from three seventh and nine from the free throw? When let's talk about this, let's talk about this, Bindan and I'm finna get to the spot, and he's finna get to a spot, and that that MIDI rain Joe, whether he's wanna go on the hand, what are you wanna pull up?
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing to stopping him. Every time y'all told me Juwe Holliday.
Speaker 1: Was the one that let's let's let's get to it. The Knicks take a three to one lead against Boston. Drealen Brunston's dropped thirty nine against the Knicks to win at home. They take a commanding three to one semi three to one series lead in the East. Simmis Bronson has one hundred and two fourth quarter points through ten games of the playoffs, joining Kobe Bryant in two thousand and one and two thousand and three as the only players with one hundred fourth quarter points in his first ten games of a playoff run. He got contributions. Karl Anthony Towns had twenty three and eleven. Mckal Bridges was twenty three seven and four steals. O g Leanoba had twenty points with four May threes. H mckal bridges the first two quarters combined. If you're gonna look at the series, he has the first, second and third quarter combined, he has twenty eight points.
Speaker 2: In the fourth quarters he had twenty six. That's clutch.
Speaker 1: Jason Tatum was having a night of nights before he goes down. We don't want to speculate, but it did not look good. We'll see they're gonna get an m tomorrow. But when you crumble like that, and he was wailing, he was you know, he was crying, and he had the walk.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They gut him backs, They helped him off the court, and when they got him back, got him back to the locker room, they checking him in the tunnel. They got him in a wheelchair. So we think something seriously is wrong. But let's wait for the MI and I don't want to put that into the air. Knockle Wood. Hopefully everything turns out okay. But he had a night. He had it, going forty two points, eight rebounds, four steals, four assists, two blocks, seven may threes. He got helped from his guy Derrick White was six to twelve, six or eleven from three, five to seven from the free throw line. But Jaylen Brown's gotta be better. Jaylen Brown's got to be better. He's shooting thirty eight percent from the four. Joe and O joe. He shooting tw twenty two percent from the three. That's not good enough. You are a max player. You gotta play like it. Jalen Brown is twenty nine of seventy seven from the floor. He's seven to thirty one from the three. He has fourteen turnovers with thirteen assists. That's not good enough. And it was his turnover, not that you know it was a turnover, but Tatum tried to get the ball and he crumbled to the ground. If it duck look but injury doesn't look good. Now, who knows. We know Tatum can catch fired, and he had it going in the fourth quarter. But the way the Knicks were playing, the way Bronson and Michal Bridges couldn't miss, I don't know if even when Tatum was in the game, they were gonna win that game. Considering watch kall Win got thirty seven in the third, they got seventy points in the second half, seven when when Tatum went down, I think that he was already losing the game even though he was playing. I think they were down by five. They had got down by five. The Knicks just gritty, man. They've been like that, you know, for quite some time. And they gritted out. They've been gritting out, you know, playoff wins throughout this whole postseason. Nah, we didn't expect. I'm gonna be honest. We a lot of us didn't expect for them to win this series. They won the first team then they opened our eyes. But man, we have injuries of Like, it's gonna be hard for Boston to be able to compete with these dudes.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna compete, not without Jason Tatum.
Speaker 1: And see, Joe, that's why you take care of business the first two games, because maybe you can win a game. You maybe you can win one game without Jayson Tatum. You're not finna beat the Knicks three times without Jayson Tatum. They got no contributions tonight from Al Horford and Holiday. They got nine points combined between them now and on the floor. They like Holiday not aggressive, Like they played almost thirty five and forty minutes and they shooting two times five times three for seven like you got. You gotta get more production from those guys man offensively, you know, it's just somebody has to pick it up. Yeah, but it's hard to be aggressive when you jacking up three. They shot forty eight three. So how aggressive are you going to be if you're shooting that many three? Because clearly you're not driving the basketball, you're not trying to get to the rim. Because look, Jason Tatum had forty two. He had three or three from the free throw line. Al Horford shot two free throws, Holliday didn't shoot any, Derrick White shot seven, Jaylen Brown shot six, Persinger shot six. So when you jacking up three, though, Joe, I mean, I ain't fitty five you on no. Three even though they did five or Derek White. Once, as I'm watching the game, I seen Tatum get to the mid range a few times. He made a few minutes, jump us going. I seen him make a few minutes, and then he came out and made like two or three threes in a row.
Speaker 2: I said, oh lord, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You know what that So you know what that means, Joe, Yeah, yeah, yeah, for him to shoot sixteen threes, oh, Joe. That's a lot of threes for one person. I know he had it going. He was seven for sixteen, but I don't. I mean, that's too many for me. I feel like him and Brown had the advantage throughout the whole series and using the big bodies to create space or get files make plays only for themselves, but for them team, for their teammates. I thought they had been doing a pretty good job with that, but they look pretty stagnant out there.
Speaker 2: It's just like your turn, my turn. I think that's kind of why.
Speaker 1: Like I and and and Holliday that really got involved because they fishing the pick and rolls New York. They're like, we're not let you throw back up the aisle so he could just shoot Scott free jumpers. We're gonna I got to play one on one. It's got iceo basketball on this. Who can get a bucket?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tat the mat at going But then when he went down, bro, just I just put my head down, man, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I'm not a doctor, I'm not here assessing anything.
Speaker 2: But again, looking at a player when he goes down and being able.
Speaker 4: To assess what it is non contact, Yeah, listen, not only was it non contact.
Speaker 2: I was able to do the same thing with Steph.
Speaker 4: I told you exactly what it was, and the reports came out the following morning. It was the exact same thing of what with this one. I'm gonna hope for the best. I'm hope for the best because you know, any time you have a non non contact injury with a person and a player like that is crying and wheeling around, you order know what that is. I'm not gonna say it because I'm wishing for the best for him. But listen, jayly Tatum was on fire tonight where he was seven for sixteen.
Speaker 1: Jajob Oh, yeah, d Jay, you could buy you could buy Jalen and you trying Brown the tato together like Jason Brown.
Speaker 2: I'm talking so goddamn fast, My bad, my bad, you good? You good? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jason Tatum had had the head of a night now he had, he had forty two. But the goddamn Nicks collectively as a group, they shot fifty four percent from the field right respect for five percent from three and again, I know I said it already, but that Jaylen Bronston Brow come on, man, listen, hey, Joe, whatever you want to do, Joe when it's time for a three, he's gonna get it to you. When he got to get to the bucket and in the mid range and then pull up, he's gonna get it to you.
Speaker 2: When he got he was a goddamn body.
Speaker 4: So well, Joe, Well, it's all all type of different man like they got the pay start, let me start.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, Joe, I watched him in college at Villanova. He could get his shot. He wasn't this. And then I watched him because he go to the MAVs and sometimes what he needed was his own team. He was never gonna be able to be this with Luca now because Luca's gonna have the ball.
Speaker 2: He needs the ball.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a man needs his own home, He needs his own place to call home.
Speaker 2: That is New York. Hey, what you did?
Speaker 5: You did you just hear that goddamn bar? You're just man, hey, Because he wasn't go He wasn't gonna be that in Dallas. He could only he was only gonna be so much because Lucas got the ball.
Speaker 1: He needs the ball. And you know what, and this it fits him too. They built this team around him. They did I know they had they've had highs and lows, but for the most part he's been consistent. And the thing that I like about him, he's so especially in like the picking rolls, even in the post uff because he's not the he's not the most athletic guy.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 1: You know it's all angles and you know, Hitch his hesitations keeping you out balanced. It's almost like a boxer, you know what I mean, you're throwing jab you hate makers all lady, and uh he's you know what he.
Speaker 2: Can he can create a shot. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Every few guys that can create I mean from any angle, he can create a shot. I mean he I mean, and he's a and for his size, and I've been next to him, I've talked to him before and seen him in person. The way he can create separation to get that turnaround off that many is.
Speaker 2: Incredible for someone his size.
Speaker 1: But if you look at his body, he can absorb contact, play through it and get a one as good as anybody his size I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't mean the destruct and you got away from a little bit and had a path. I need to bring that back to me one more time, because that was a bar. It was a bar as a bar you said about Jayleen Russell not being able to Luca on the mask but needed to what.
Speaker 2: He needed his own home.
Speaker 4: That's because that's the same passion and energy you said it with the first time.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying because if you look at it, if you go back and look at it before, they didn't. They didn't give it because a year earlier they could have extended him, Joe, and they didn't.
Speaker 2: So now it comes time and it's like, Okay, we got you now.
Speaker 1: No, No, you don't. No, you don't now because I already know somebody down here. They already got a hundred meal fucks. So that fifty five I would have taken that last year, I ain't gonna take it now.
Speaker 2: And so now he's like, Okay, I'm in somebody else. Oh Joe. It's like when you go to your boy house, you comfortable.
Speaker 1: They no place like your home because now you can get ready, Hey, you want to walk around with your shirt off, you want to walk around buttball, you can do all of that because that's your home.
Speaker 2: You can't do that in someone else's home.
Speaker 1: So now msg that's his home, and he acts accordingly. If you look at the way he played, look at when Luke that last year he was there and I think they went to the Western Conference finals.
Speaker 2: He was doing it. Yeah, he's doing now.
Speaker 1: The only difference is he didn't have the minutes that allow him to showcase what he's doing.
Speaker 2: He wasn't playing. No, what did he play tonight?
Speaker 1: Brunton played forty minutes they game thirty thirty two maybe, But now he gets to take the lion's share of the minutes fourteen to twenty five, four, eight, seven to nine.
Speaker 2: I know he mad.
Speaker 1: He mad because he missed that first three free throw because he wanted a forty ball. That's what he wanted. He wanted, he wanted a forty spot. He wanted that forty water. But oh Joe, looking at it, I mean looking at him play and looking at what he was with Dallas.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, because I remember him last year and he was saidsational, Luca, go to the bitch, and it was like they didn't miss a beat.
Speaker 2: So I thought he could be good, but not this. Ye. I don't know if anybody thought this. He did. He thought this. I'm sure he believed in his own ability, but sometimes don't Joe.
Speaker 1: I can believe all I want to, but if I don't get an opportunity to showcase it, what can I do?
Speaker 4: Listen, he's doing, He's I don't know how to how to how to explain it on what he's been able to do, not just for New York in general, the fans in general, Steven the I know Steven.
Speaker 2: A gonna be hollering.
Speaker 4: Not only had to make intention and playing well during the regular season, but to be pushing him through in the postseason, especially the game of this magnitude against the team that was the champions last year and with them their crown, to be the champions this year and be up three to one, in him leading at the forefront of everything, and when it's time to get it done, I mean, mister mister klutch, mister clutter.
Speaker 2: Every time we need a shot, I got you. They He's been the best player in this series.
Speaker 1: I got Look, I understand what's on the other side of Joe. And that's not a knock. That's not a knock on Tatum le Brown. But Jalen Brunson has been the best player in this series. And this is why it's so hard to repeat. You see everybody thought it was a four gone conclusion. They wanted going away last year, Joe, and they brought everybody back and everybody, all the key contributors, basically twenty eight or under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look and just like that.
Speaker 1: So now you have a healthy level of respect for teams that year in and year. Now you get an opportunity. Now, can you appreciate what Lebron did? Eight straight finals? Eight straight? Eight straight? Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not so eight straight finals? You see how hard it is because as think about it, that's year after year you played Lebron playing seventy games a year, and now you're playing you gotta win four games in the first round, so you might be playing five six seven games, five six seven games, five six seven games, then you go to the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, man.
Speaker 1: You can think about the teams that beat three pete even like the Bulls, even the Lakers, the Bulls, the Lakers ninety like three pet brother that's crazy. But uh, that's why so hard in football? Oht your think about it. Now you're playing seventeen game Okay, you're only playing three preseasons, but you play seventeen games. Now you play three playoff games every year. Yeah, you done played half a season. If you three, If you like the Chiefs, they've already played half a season and just at the postseason. Yeah, that catches up widget because guess what, but everybody else give their body six weeks to recover. You're still going your six weeks to recover. You try to take Seaton week owt your you Dabney back in medicare you in ot eighties? Everybody else that got their body recover on your going on vacation, you're like, babeh are your girl or your wife probably saying, hey, baby, what we going on vacation? I shall hope you and Jordia super Bowl because that was your vacation. And that's the thing. It's so grueling on your body. You play and think about it. O Joe, Nod and Joe. They playing back to back.
Speaker 2: They play Monday, they play Wednesday, they play Friday, they play Sunday. Yeah, you wanna get a day in between.
Speaker 1: That's not a lot of resk when you're playing forty minutes a night, you know what I mean? Yes, hey, hey, but look we gotta get the next say credit, Oh, they bought it the Bridge because I thought I thought he was gonna ride him to the I thought he was gonna bride him to the number. Michal Bridges forty four minutes, o G forty minutes, Cat thirty six minutes, Brunson forty minutes, Hard thirty minutes. Now, Heart and Cat only played the minutes they played because they were in foul trouble.
Speaker 2: Had they not been in foul trouble, they asked, would have been in their forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, if Og and Bridge is gonna play like this and be effiicient, you're not gonna be able to beat the Knicks now with br and Cat playing the way they playing, and you add them too in. See, that's why they got them to to come up over there, because they needed them to deal with Tatum and Brown. Yeah, and even before Tatum's injury, they have been doing a pretty good job. Look if he gonna if he's gonna shoot like you did. Look, we know Tatum can catch five and he can go give you a forty piece. Yeah, he know you. You know that you just got a I you just got a gritch your teeth and bear a Hey he making shots. Coat don't look over here. Hell I'm looking. I'm frustrated just like you. I see what the helly doing? Hey, hey, I mean look at some of those thirty four that he step step back thirty foot over cat? What the hell you want me to do? He ain't got it going, he said, A couple go in. Yeah, yeah, it was a round. But I think the thing is now. And that's why. That's why, uh Joe and O Joe, is that you take care of business. You had twenty point leads in the third quarter. You let him slip away. Now, okay, let's just say, for the sake of argument, you're up three, You're up three to one going home. You might can win a game without Tatum. Day Leb Brown is plenty good enough. Yeah, Derrick White is plenty good enough. Prayton Pitcher coming off the bitch, Al gotta play better than what he's playing. You're not finna beat the Knicks three times without Jason Tatum. I don't give a damn how well JB played. I don't care how well Derrick White play and Al Horford. You're not finna beat the Knicks three times.
Speaker 2: Without Jason Tatum. It ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not not unless somebody have not unless somebody step up and just have an out of body like you gonna need j B to be awesome, Like he gonna almost need the average about thirty five and then on out and then you get hop somebody come along with him, and you know, Dead White can probably stay consistent. At the way he's been playing. I think he's been He's been pretty good for him. But man, they gonna need some guys to really step up. Bro, just even get itself a chance at home next game, because I'm sure the Knicks wanna close them out. Oh yeah, I don't leave anything to change because guess what I stepped on. Say A, I shoot a jump shot and I come down on somebody's ankle. You see what I'm saying? On your Somebody said the pace I bang these with somebody. No, no, no, no, I'm finna get y'all ass up out of here. I'm going home the rest y'all finna. Let hey get your coat, your brim and get on out of this gym. That on your coat, your hat, and leave.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to be looking towards the future, right, Let's say that nick up out of this. What's they problem y'all gonna do. Yeah, we had who we had Knick's facing Pacers. Yeah, that's gonna be a good series. I can see that series going seven games.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, the Pacers beat them.
Speaker 1: The Pacers beat them last year, beat them in the MSG game seven. Brunson didn't have his best day, and everything the Pacers was throwing up was going in. And sometimes you have it like that, you throw it up, it go in and and you're like, damn, can y'all miss?
Speaker 2: But I agree with you.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna get twenty three from Bridges, twenty from O G hold on Bridges shot eleven or twenty one. If OG was eight or fourteen, Cat, you see the difference. Cat was level to fifteen. He only attempted three threes. You see the difference though. You see where they get a bigger air down on that block on Joe. Joe, what I tell you, when he get down there on the block and stop trying to out shoot dirt.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you can shoot better than dirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna go to the championship playing like that. Get your big butt down there and punish him on the block. He did that brunt was fourteen or twenty five. If you tell me they gonna get twenty three, twenty twenty three, thirty nine. Hey, it was gonna be all for Boston to win that game if you knew they coming in two of them. But for sure, they shot fifty four percent. They shot fifty four percent from the floor. And Boston is a very good defensive team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They got Derrick White that can fend. They got a Holiday that can defend. They got Brown that can defend. They got a Horford that can defend. They got defenders. Yeah, and they shot fifty four percent against that team. That's crazy because Boston is another team that switches everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, look the nick's been they've been granted.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh Joe, you can you see how they drived wins out y'all? Imagine what New York could be like if them dudes make it to the finals. Let long, if they just get out this series.
Speaker 2: Hey's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, man, I could I Hey man, can you imagine what them tickets gonna cost court side? And msg them tickets probably started by thirty five more than the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the Lakers they might start at fifty fifty because the Lakers for the NBA Finals, the Lakers right now, Oh that's oh when Luca and Lebron. Yeah, oh yeah, you started thirty thirty five. And the closer you get the center court, them tickets might be one hundred thousand. Sure, oh, show, we're gonna be watching right here on the couch for sure. Matter of fact, for show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a better scenario, you know, wordplay as far as where we're gonna be watching it based on them, I'm gonna be watching on my property.
Speaker 1: You gotta yea property.
Speaker 2: I would be. I would be I would be eating some chips.
Speaker 1: I'ld be some some chips here, some kind of chips, and right here DRANKI.
Speaker 2: Jjirell ain't no way.
Speaker 1: Uh Yeah, I've been, Like I said, I've been to an NBA Finals game. I mean like that was on my bucket listed like dol Like I still got to go to Wimbledon. I want to go to the Daytona five hundred or the inndy five hundred. I've been to a US Open, I've been to a Super Bowl, been to a World Series certain events here that a bucket list. You know what I'm saying, don't tell you, but Wimbledon will probably be on my bucket list.
Speaker 2: But forty fifty thousand dollars for a ticket.
Speaker 4: Coo, Lord, listen, and out of everything you named, obviously, I've been to Wimbledon, I've been to the US Open.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I can tell you probably gonna like.
Speaker 4: The most because it's something that I used to be in that they got that God damn daytona five hundred bright Yeah, I know when you when you when people talk about it, all they say is oh, and just cars going in the circle. But when you get yourself inside the atmosphere and you sit in them stands, you get your food, you get your beer, you get your your hot dogs and whatever whatever condiments you might need, and them cars crank up on.
Speaker 2: And you can feel, oh, ain't nothing like the eight hundred horsepowers. Oh my god, ain't nothing like it. Ain't nothing like it.
Speaker 4: And a lot a lot of people, you know, they trash nashcars because of you know, whatever it may be. But sometimes you put all that stuff aside and you go in there.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta go see it for yourselflf ain't nothing like it.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that's that's one of the one of the most amazing first dates you can take someone on.
Speaker 2: If it's something that you used to doing well, you but.
Speaker 1: Hopes you don't like to talk because you ain't gonna hear a damn thing. She ain't he a damn thing you saying nothing new? Cars a damn lie with They all bad. Look here where they're offering. I was at Watkins Glen and you tell about gentlemen. Start your engine. Boy, they start okay, okay, hey yeah.
Speaker 2: Man and hey, and they take off it. They going like this.
Speaker 1: And get a find them. Hey, Joe, ain't done like it. Man, ain't don't like it. But I'm going to the Dayton I'm gonna go to the Daytonal. I almost see day That's that's on my bucket list.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: In order to in order to extend this series, Joe, what do the Celtics have to do in order to extend this series to a game six and come back to Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 2: Man, They're gonna have to lay it on the line.
Speaker 1: Uh, They're going to lay it all out there as far as winning like they're gonna to have guys step up and make players maybe who aren't accustomed to But I think I think Holiday is capable of having a big game. I think yeah, yeah, yeah, he can get you twenty how it's capable of having a solid game double double. Uh, you just gonna need j Be to kind of be special man like he a Peyton presser to come in and get off. But the way, but you know what's been hurting them Joe Przingers hadn't given him ish because he don't look healthy neither. He only he don't look like he moving good at that neither. Yeah, he ain't since even since finals run, you know what I mean? Something like it's kind of yeah, hamper with him throughout the entire season.
Speaker 2: So he got he had a knee injury, right, was it a knee or ankle? I don't know what he has. He's out for. He was out for a while and ever.
Speaker 1: Since he he needed to get it right in order for them to have a chance, He's gonna have to play better than what he's been playing. Chance four, ten, two or seven from three point line. That ain't nearly enough. That ain't good enough. No, let me take that back. He all two from the three point line, three or six from the free throw line, two or six from the floor twenty four minutes. Mm hmmm, seven points. Nah, bro, Yeah, they're gonna They're gonna need somebody to step up and play big. But I think New York they owned to them. They're like, okay, it's how shes. They probably could go and get this old with, maybe get a couple of days to rest. They had a fourteen point lead and the uh and the Knicks trim it. Yeah, just like that. That's why when I be well, when you can watch the Celtics, they be getting off to them hot starts. Even though Tatum was hot in that first quart I was thinking, like, damn, it's gonna be hard to sustain this, you know what I mean. It's almost like it's set up for us to sit back and watch and be like, Okay, we know the Knick's gonna make a comeback at some point, you know what I mean. And it seemed like it just kind of starts to trickle down, whether they just start having turnovers or misshot. So just it they read it, they've read they very reckless with the basket man, they very reckless with it. I'll advise three point shots. That really starts the fast breaks. And yeah, yeah, I mean they're the situation. They were down and in that corner three, I'm like, Derrick White, you don't need to take that, bro, It's okay, it's okay, you don't have to take a three. And they took that, and it's like, I agree with you, Joe. I don't really know what they can do outside of JB giving you a forty piece Derrick White come along with the high twenties and somebody else tagging along for maybe a mid twenty. Other than that, I just I just don't see it. They're getting killed on the glass. Yeah, I mean they're getting killed on the glass plus twelve mixed with plus twelve again plus six on the offensive glass, which mean creates second chance points.
Speaker 2: And the Knicks only shot twelve free throws.
Speaker 1: But man, in the second half, especially down the stretch in the fourth quarters, I mean, in the fourth quarter of the game, the Knicks just imposed they will old chose they you know, they gonna fight you all game, bro, when it's the last seven eight minutes of the game or in the quarter, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And they just they just basically impose they will on these dudes.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, I got I think the Knicks got got something special head for us man, the way they play. And how many how many times we see Michel Bridges late in the shot clock hit that fade away man.
Speaker 2: Every I mean at least four, I mean how many points he had in the fourth quarter?
Speaker 4: Hey, he did about three or four times in the pain. You get three four times in the pain, leaning back with it like he was Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because normally when he gets the bars, probably like four or five seconds left, so he got oh yeah, he got just enough time to get in his bag and get him one off real quick. Because ain't nobody think that they're not gonna double him because they're so tight on Brusting and all these other dudes. So the floor is kind of wide open for him to kind of you know, play making score.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I thought Bridges.
Speaker 1: Hues Man, he was huge. He was He was again in the fourth quarter. Remember that game too, he had fourteen points. He had zero points for the first three quarters and then have fourteen in the four ten he had ten fourth quarter, ten fourth quarter points. Today, big bucket after big Bucket after Big buck Man and you and you're the niggas. You want him being aggressive like that twenty one twenty one attempts like you want him to come out and be aggressive and may play take some of this fresh out of brunting and cab, you know, so things can kind of open up. I thought he's I think he's been doing a pretty good job, you know, especially today. Yeah, he was five or six from the floor in the fourth quarter with ten points. And look, if you're if you don't have a twenty point even you got a twenty point lead on them in the fourth quarter, they gonna cut it down. They're gonna cut it down to til to twelve. Com Uh, it's just a it's just a matter of time. But our thoughts go out to Jason Tatum, man, I know a Celtics fan.
Speaker 2: We're sorry. This injury does not look good.
Speaker 1: We don't want to speculate what it is, but we saw a guy go down with a non contact injury and he grabbed his ankle. Yes, work, man, That's what got me. I'm like, man, he can't putting up. He did a yeah, he knew because he doesn't hurt. Everybody say what it felt like and he felt that very thing. Yeah, and we've seen it enough, guys, all of a sudden take off, it just crumbled to the ground. We're going ahead and do me some cat raises the night, just because that old Nico beckt ol Nico, Old Nico Harrison.
Speaker 2: He is good.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, listen, Joe. I think all this was pre playing, Joe. I think all playing. I know they talk about lottery and oh you lucky, and who gets the number one pick?
Speaker 2: And I think all this all this was done purposely.
Speaker 1: Man like saying so basically what you said, you said they since since they just sitting look out there in l A, they don't made it to Okay.
Speaker 2: We're gonna We're gonna give the mass number one pick. That's what you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, they know they come on you. No, that's me, that's Milwaukee's pick. I won't look, I won't y'all. Hey, hey, look, that's exactly what I'm fan to ask, yall. So what do we do with this number one pick now that Dallad's got. Do we do we go out? You know?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Today's NBA lottery did not help the NBA red conspiracy theories. The Mavericks had a one point eight percent chance of landing the number one overall pick. They had the fourth They are the fourth longest odds ever to get the number one overall pick, the number number two, Spurs, number three, Sixers, number four, Hornets, number five, Jazz. I'm glad Washington and all those other teams that tain't you're still doing at the bottom.
Speaker 2: That's what you get.
Speaker 1: That's what you get. Dereck Rhose check this out. In two thousand and eight, Derek Roose going to his hometown Chicago Bulls. He had a one point seven percent chance the twenty eleven the Cavaliers getting number one picks after Lebron left prior because think about it, when Lebron left, they got the number one pick, like three four years of the row they got they got Kyrie, they got Wiggins, or they got many they got three of them. In twenty twelve, Repelicans got the number one overall pick after Chris Paul leaves. You know they beat and that's when they ve told that trade, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: In twenty fourteen, the Cavaliers got the number one pick to give them access needed to break Kevin Love to Cleveland and the Pelicans got the number one pick after Anthony Davis, the man of the trade. In twenty twenty five, the Mavericks get the number one pick after trade and look at the trade deadline. Joe, Now, the first time they thought a lot of rigging. Nineteen eighty five was the first time they had a lot of it. And the Knicks got Patrick so they swore with Red. So y'all think it's rigged. I don't think. Man's basketball guy us. But what I'm thinking. What I'm thinking is like, what are they gonna do with this number one pick? Are they gonna package this and go get it?
Speaker 4: Katie Johannis, No, already listen already.
Speaker 1: No no no, no, no, no, Katie Yannis. I'm not giving no no, no, no no no no Jannis. You're going to get forget trade that number one. But I don't I don't. I don't know if that's enough because now the money got a match.
Speaker 4: I already told y'all why y'all talk about Yanna's going to Dallas, And I already told you where Yanna is going.
Speaker 2: He says, he listen to me. Yanna says he wants to play in the state.
Speaker 1: With no tax. What do you think Dallas, Texas? Dallas is no state tax. You know Texas, Dallas, Houston.
Speaker 2: Wants to come to Miami. Ain't nobody here. Well, you said, you said you want to play in the state. They don't have state tax.
Speaker 4: But you know what, denevating towards you know what I'm leaning towards Dallas is eighty and Kyrie's team.
Speaker 1: Check this for the first time in his career, Giannis is open minded about playing for another team. According to Shams, Gianni's wants no income tax at a top player to help him. San Antonio has thirty six future draft picks over the next seven years and one of the cleanest salary sheets in the NBA. Oh that number two pick. Oh, and he got Wemby, and he got Stefan Castle Rookie of the Year, and they got a mortgage board. Thirty six picks over seven years. Now, I don't know, you know, my man ain't that good. But that's about five picks a year if you prodragted. So I give hey, I'll give you the number two pick in the draft. I'll give you Vassal, I'll give you Kelden Johnson. I'll give you four. I'll give you four first round picks and two picks one. Come on with it now, he said, it's hard to turn down day Hey, they turned to nothing down for the car for for who?
Speaker 2: For who?
Speaker 1: He's saying, Uh, the Spur, I'm gonna give you the Spurs. Got the number two pick, I'm gonna give you him. I'll give you four future first round picks up protected. I'll also give you two pick swaps. I'll give you Vassal and I'll give you Kelton Johnson. But their number two pick ain't gonna be Cooper Flag. They want the number one pick. Uh, Hey, I ain't got no more pick. Hey and Dallas. Dallas might say, but hell, we'll pair a Cooper Flag with a D and Kyrie and keep it for our damn self.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, is they gonna win you? And is he gonna win you a championship? Though?
Speaker 1: Think about that him as a rookie? Can he come in and fit in and be a key player to what they trying to do? Can Yannis Kyrie and a D can they fit in?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a D don't want to play the five. Yannis doesn't want to play the five. Yannis want to play the four ad want to play that. They want to do that, they want to win them well what they want to do?
Speaker 2: What you heard? What a say they say? I just played better in my mind that he got gas put the lively over that. Oh they got to go. You ain't gonna keep all. They won't, but you keep at least one. Uh know, I want them both. Now, they ain't gonna give him both.
Speaker 1: They gonna have to keep. They gonna keep going. They now you keep, you can keep power. You're not keeping both for.
Speaker 4: You're all a confusion, all the confusing, the hypothetical, y'all going through.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna let you'all finish. And when he is oh.
Speaker 1: Yoe, oh yo, unless unless you pair with four other teams, you don't have the draft capital.
Speaker 4: I know we don't have the draft capital. I would break it down and further than PowerPoint presentation the way it was given to me. You know by that the higher ups you know, in part of the Heat organization. But I can't do that right now. But again, he will be down here in Miami. I'm telling you I keep I'm trying to give you hint after him every show with ain't nobody listening to me.
Speaker 1: Houston got the draft capital and the young players, A Jabbari Smith, a Drealen Green, and the draft capitol. Brooklyn got the draft capitol. But I don't know if they have the players. Uh Utah, I have draft capital. I don't know if they have the players. Do you want Laurry Marketon on the Collins Sexton and four or five draft picks?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But Houston with Jalen Green and Jabbari Parker and excuse me, Jabari Smith junior and fourth first round of though a Joe to Milwaukee for Yannis.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I pair Yannis. I paired Jannis with shung Gun and I gotta keep it. I gotta keep on men. Thompson, now, I gotta keep him. See that you're gonna it's just seems like you're gonna. I don't for whatever reason. It's like you're gonna take away some of the shooting or the screen. It's like you because you know, I mean Thompson and Jannis Yannis, they they are almost like same type of player. Almost Now ain't gonna be better.
Speaker 2: He gonna getting better.
Speaker 1: He getting better at shooting the ball, and plus we need defenders. Remember what happened last time, You're Walkee got away to the defense fenders when they gave up Holiday.
Speaker 2: How they look. But I'm saying, you gotta have somebody that can defend it. To have that ball in his hand a lot, I think.
Speaker 1: I think young boy, if they gonna do that, they you know, he gonna play that, he gonna he gonna control that rock a lot more. You know, Young's gonot to play off the ball, so he doesn't, Yeah, I know, iminate the ball. That's why we're gonna keep. That's why we're gonna keep a point guard. We're gonna keep Van Fleet. It sounds good, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Just sound good. That's all it is. It just sound.
Speaker 1: But but I'm saying, you gotta go to the team because they want players and they won't draft capital. Right, They're only a handful of teams that have players and the draft capitol. You got San Antonio, you got Houston, you got Utah, You Brooklyn have the capitol, but they don't have the players.
Speaker 2: Houston have the players and the capitol. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Utah have capital and players. Lauryn Marketing Colin Sexton they have some pieces. So he's made it clear. Look, no income tax, because hey, I'm about to tell you, I'm about to side this new Max deal and I want all I want all this.
Speaker 2: I want all this.
Speaker 4: Chaillar in my pocket. So he's telling you, he's telling you what he wants. Also, he's telling you he's coming from Milwaukee. He doesn't want to go to Utah. He doesn't want to go to San Antonio. He wants to come down to South Beach. He wants to That's not what he said. He said, or stay with no income tax. That's what he says. Trying to give you a hint. You're not listening to me. I'm telling you what I know. I'm not telling you. I'm not saying I'm Shams. I'm not saying I'm wol.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: But he also said he would like to be in l A too. Now we know he can't go to the Lakers. But what about the Clippers. I don't know if the Klipper Clippers have it they got do the Clippers have the players? They're gonna have to give up harden A Kawhi because they ain't got no other pieces. They don't want normal Norman Power a zoobots out. Don't know if that's enough. They don't have the dress, they don't have the draft capital. All those other teams they got seven eight first rounders. I'm gonna tell you this now, and they got capital. Jayleen, you like Jalen Green, You like your bar Smith Jr? I mean what you what?
Speaker 2: You love? What you like Joe been four first rounders and two pigswalks. Man.
Speaker 1: I like some way somehow getting him the Dallas. Him and KD the Dallas. That's what I like. Oh, I can see k I can see KD going to Dallas, but not for Cooper flag.
Speaker 2: They're not trading Cooper flag for KD. See, y'all not gonna understand to U see for here?
Speaker 4: Boy, you seen Jannis last night on one a third, Yeah, he was in tous he's getting you know, on the on the on the on the second floor, getting the shoulder rub. All right, y'all gonna listen to me until why I was? I was We went to dinner off, we went to dinner on South Beach. But y'all keep coming up with all these hypotheticals, and I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You where you no ridget I'm just looking at without the team, without for getting three or fourteen involved. I'm looking at a team like Houston that have the capitol and the players that can do something. Straight up, I'm looking at I'm looking at a maybe a Dallas, a Cooper flag, a Daniel Gafford, and I don't know Klay Thompson, but but you're gonna need Klay Thompson the space to floor.
Speaker 2: But you do they love them. Them fans in Dallas gonna be peid off. They messing. Ryan traded a number one pick.
Speaker 1: The Folk won't coop even for Janni's them folk won't Cooper flag Man. Jannie is the only man, the only man he and he did it twice thirty points, twelve rebounds, five assists on sixty percent shooting. Nobody's ever did it once. He's done it in back to back years. And in the postseason he's was even better thirty thirty three points, fifteen rebounds, six assists.
Speaker 2: Oh he just shot fifty seven percent in the playoffs. That's all. But you know, hey, they lost.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I think the Spurs have the best chance because they have that, you know what I'm saying Him and Wenby with Castle, you got Chris Paul, Keldon Johnson Vassal for a first round of some pick swamps. I give up five first rounder, that'll be okay. See, Okac has the has the capital to move it, to get it done. But I don't know if Presty wants to break up.
Speaker 2: His young core. He's young nucleus.
Speaker 1: They win it, so it's it's it's it's it's gonna be very very interesting. I don't see. I don't see the reason that he stays they can't they can't improve. And I told people that, and I remember having a very conversation, Oh, I don't want to go I want to go join somebody else, joannest. If Lebron James couldn't get anybody to come join him in Cleveland, you damn sure can't get somebody to come join you in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 1: And as great as you are, if you take Lebron, it is you take Youann to say this peaking Lebron was better, and Lebron can't get anybody to come join him be a free agency. So I don't know what to tell you, Joannis. You see all these people do all this talking, Joe, but if you're not careful, you will become the very thing you despise the most in the person. Everybody despised Lebron James going to link up, and I've been damn O Joe.
Speaker 2: What is everybody going to do now?
Speaker 1: If you're not careful, you'll become the very thing you despise the most in the person. If you hate a liar, if you're not careful, you'll become one. If you hate a cheat, if you're not careful, you'll become one. If you hate a thief, if you're not careful, you'll become one. If you hate a superstar, that gon link up with other superstars. If you're not careful, you'll become the very thing you despise the most on a person. Oh no, well you see, I ain't want it up?
Speaker 2: What do you do it? Why do you do it? O't Yoe?
Speaker 1: And mystairs with everybody? Oh I want to stay here. Yeah, I want to be due this that I want to do that.
Speaker 2: I been damn.
Speaker 1: Lebron sitting back there in his brent Wooden mansion like, oh really, oh really, it's my time, and y'all mad at me. But y'all don't realize Paul, it was KG and Ray Allen did it first, did y'all realize that the Boston Celtics didn't draft KG or Ray Allen and they joined Paul Pierce. That was the big three, and then they got Rayed Rondo. It was really a big four. But I know y'all got it there for me. So y'all said, I did.
Speaker 2: It, okay, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, I want to see him on the more. I want to see him in a difference, in a different uniform.
Speaker 4: Gonna be in one Vice City, yeah, threeal five, Dave County, Liberty City.
Speaker 1: But but I thought he didn't want to go play with other great players. He said that we gotta pull that article. We're gonna have it next time you come on here where he said you mean? I mean, I know, yeah, he need he needs you.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: But because see what you do, Joe, See what you do is that when Lebron do it. See if I say that's not what I want to do, everybody say, yeah, watch to see how Yanni se See how Yannis seels. But that's the thing about the Internet. Now, it's forever. It's forever because a lot of times some people saying stuff down in the said this, if you want around to hear. You don't remember or the eighties. But this thing is, this is this inventure called it Internet or it's amazing thing. It'll stay up there forever.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh uh, I just don't know Joe, And look, I understand Miami. But listen, you do real you do realize. Tim Duncan was gonna go to Orlando. The only reason he didn't go. You know why he didn't go on Joe, they said he could not fly his wife on the plane when they're gonna he said, Okay, he went back. Yeah he was because Pop allowed it. He's gonna be in that uh with teammate and Grant Hill. Yep, a grand Hill. Tim, he was a done deal. He asked, do y'all allow significant others on the team charter? No, that's not what we do here, but that's what they do where I left and I'm going back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy because.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the day, in order to get said, I mean, there's a lot of times, a lot of times when you want to when you want a CEO, you have to offer perks, twenty four hour security, you get lifetime healthcare, you get x amount of hours on the private jet, there's certain perks, there's certain concessions you must make if you want said individuals. Sometimes I mean to get a guy like talk about it, Tim Duncan and t mac and grand Hill and all, because you know what, well, we have a policy rule that what that hadn't been amended or or be a little bit. Yes, you make concessions. There are certain things that you have to be willing to make concessions for. And if it's more than for Tim Duncan, or if I get an opportunity to get a Shack or Kobe in their prime of Lebron. Oh, now in this situation, a y honest yeah, how many times? How many times do we see players and then their dads or if somebody they know is on the staff right all the time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Now you could be stubborn until my dady and what we do.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is what we used to do.
Speaker 2: We do it.
Speaker 1: Now you need some help nowadays, bro, absolutely, because these teams, these teams are.
Speaker 2: They're too good. They're too good.
Speaker 1: Because everybody everybody got at least two everybody got two, yeah, some even three maybe even yes, And so now y'all is looking at it like man look at best case scenario, Dame is not coming back until the start of.
Speaker 2: The twenty sixth season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty six he had the twenty seven Yeah, Dane wanted to be in wanted to be in Miami to begin with. Pat Riley didn't want to give up the compensation. See pat think he gets strong on people. No, no, no, we take the best deal. We're not just gonna give him to you. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be very interesting this thing. I mean, look, Cooper Flag. I don't believe Dallas will trade Cooper Flag.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, they might. They might Nico out of town. If you do that.
Speaker 1: You got rid of lou You got rid of Luca. Yeah, you got to go. You got to go. Hey, they by storm the castle. Oh ya, unless what you bringing in gonna deliver a championship. But still you're gonna have to go through the grief all the way up until then, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it, because even.
Speaker 1: If you win one with Younis, they gonna say we could have won three or four with Cooper.
Speaker 2: You know how this worked? Oh, Joe and Joe. It's never good enough for the fans, no and never of that.
Speaker 3: And if I'm Nico, if the owners have any inclination about getting rid of Cooper Flag, Nico need to step down because I'm not following on the sword again. I'm not I'm not following on this sword again.
Speaker 1: So so oh y'all think Cooper Flag and can help lead the mattericks. Maybe not his first year, but I think he's good enough for a couple of years. Look, only Magic Johnson did that, but Magic Johnson had the MVP riding shotgun career.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. So how how many years?
Speaker 1: How y'all expect for Kyrie and Ad to stick around for They gotta wait for him to develops. I think his second year. I think his second year, You'll be good, nice man, nice, I know he's nice. But when last time we seen the rookie leader team to the playoffs? But here the thing, But you do realize Kyrie probably coming back to the top of the year. Kyrie ain't coming back here Jayuard twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yeah, I forgot what about that? I forgot about it? Got by Kyrie injury. Yeah, they can't. They can't left.
Speaker 1: So you get Kyrie so you got clave flag, A D and lively.
Speaker 2: I like that. You still need some more old pieces they do. I'm right here, they ain't. They're gonna need some more. Go back to why the NBA. Huh No.
Speaker 1: If you look at the top television markets New York number one, LA number two, Chicago number three, Philly number four, Dallas Fort Worth, Oh yo, y'all don't watch TV at Miami.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. There's too much going on. Yeah, yeah, I mean, you're right, but listen, I watch TV. It's a lot of stuff going on. I don't be outside. I don't be outside. Not like that. Well, you need to tell you do.
Speaker 1: Tell a lot more MOBI folks be like you would stay inside and watch TV.
Speaker 4: That's different the things when people come to mind me on you know, they're so, they come to do stuff.
Speaker 2: They come to do stuff.
Speaker 4: I've been here all my life, man, Yes, you know, and I understand there's nothing out there. Depending on what you're looking for. It ain't outside, you know. So I have a great understanding. But people need to come here and enjoy. This is a melting pot for all ethnicities, for all cultures. Anything you want to find, it's here in the city. Restaurants, food clubs.
Speaker 2: Uh, you name it, you can.
Speaker 1: Find it here, Seattle, in Phoenix, above Miami, Seattle, Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Well it's about uh TV. Yeah, oh yeah, understandable. That's why they tried.
Speaker 1: That's why they tried to get a team, trying to get a team back in Seattle.
Speaker 4: But we still were still the better We're still the better city out of everybody, you name it. Now, regardless of what those TV ratings saying, it's about Miami, it sells itself.
Speaker 2: All them damn hurricanes, and.
Speaker 4: I think about her. One thing about hurricanes is you know, two weeks in advance. If you can't get your ass out of here with two weeks.
Speaker 2: Noticed, what I'm gonna do?
Speaker 1: What about I'm gonna do with that pop up thunderstorm that they let me know five minutes beforehand.
Speaker 4: Listen, if a pop up, pop up thunderstorm is small, so.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be all right? I leading, you know, I'm out there about that leading the thing. I look like a pluck dug. I'm all they lost. If it's a pop up thunderstorm, it's still ninety degrees, all right, I know.
Speaker 1: I don't ay now ay the rain come for ten minutes and not a humid it goes up to one thousand.
Speaker 2: Man, like you walking into the sauna.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're talking about, because I'm Georgia. If we get them. I used to hate when it rain. We was outside, I'm doing manual, were working the tobacco, we do it whatever, and then that sun. I was like, Lord, please don't let it stop raining. Just let it rain for the next hour so we can knock off. So the boss. So mister Josh, all right, we're gon call in the day. Man, I think ray for ten fifteen minutes. If we go back out there, that's up. Hey, oh Joe, I wish you when you're right right, boy, Miami is a special place, man, And tell you.
Speaker 2: I burn you a many a joke.
Speaker 4: You know, I ain't really listen to product sells itself, Joe, I ain't really gotta say nothing.
Speaker 2: It's like magic. You know, you don't need to do nothing. You don't need to change the name of Blue Magic. You know, Hey, right now, right now, you boil ice.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I got I got.
Speaker 2: No comment no father coming.
Speaker 1: No further commentary will be added, but at a later than time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the volume