Speaker 1: Scam, Come rob from scam, come rob and froam Godess what's pop and congregation? It is your girl. Lacey Mosley, aka Scam Goddess, back with the comedy podcast all about robbery, fraud, and those who practice it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them.
Speaker 1: One thing is for sure.
Speaker 2: We'll probably laugh at them, but never at the victims and congregation.
Speaker 1: If you've been with us for a while, or if you're new to the church, shake your neighbor's hands, say hello.
Speaker 2: Yes, But if you are a part.
Speaker 1: Of the congregation, I'm very what Yes, I'm excited, I'm through, I'm elated. I'm astatic to welcome a new guest to the show. Kyle Prue is an award winning author, actor, and comedian.
Speaker 2: Kyle gained widespread acclaim with the viral series.
Speaker 1: How To Piss Off Men I Love That, which has a mass hundreds of millions of views across social media. The series culminated into a handbook that debuted as an instant New York Times bestseller, as it should. In addition, Kyle Prewe is the creative force behind the cult favorite web series Rabbit. His podcast Get Worse debuts on Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Club in October.
Speaker 3: Welcome Kyle, thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you here. It's very rare that we have a white man on the show. So you you have a lot of lifting to do here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta represent my people. Well that's a lot.
Speaker 1: I gotta make that much.
Speaker 2: On you representing white Ben Willis.
Speaker 1: I gotta make up.
Speaker 3: I gotta make up a few yards. It's tough. It's been a tough couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gonna gain some yard in the right direction. I love I love the well Kyle. I wanted to ask you, like, what is your relationship with scams? Have you ever been scammed? Have you ever run any scams? Do you know anybody who's been scammed? It could literally be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely. I mean I have, for sure Ben scammed and I have I have run some low level scams myself. Yeah. You know, it's just sort of something that you kind of fall into. You know, it starts with one little tiny you know.
Speaker 2: You know, you scammer talking about yeah, promise something.
Speaker 3: You just you fall into a fall into a little crime. You know, it's a slippery slope, that's you know. They invented that term for scammers to use to explain their actions.
Speaker 1: No anything specific come to minds or anything that beyond the Statute of limitations.
Speaker 3: Okay, beyond the Statute of limitations. This one, it wouldn't even really be it's not even legal. It's all personal. But so I went to UH, I went to I went to theater school.
Speaker 1: Which one.
Speaker 3: I went to the University of Michigan.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one. Okay.
Speaker 3: I paid lots and lots and lots of money to roll on the floor for many years. And so I had ended up taking a gap year in between high school and college, and because I was going on book tour, and so I was like, I should tell the people who I was going to be in class with that I'm not going to show up and I'll see them next year, you know. And so I popped into this Facebook group for you know, you miss something something theater, and I said, hey, guys, I I'm actually going on book tour. I'm going to come next year, but you know, I can't wait to meet you guys. Then sent it off. So the next year, I am at Michigan and I'm I'm an acting major.
Speaker 1: But you miss is very performance.
Speaker 2: Ye yes, I'm very aware of the theater scene there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure cleaning up a straight man and the unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was. It was horrible. It was terrible. It was unconsfortable. But here's the I feel like, uh, performance minor Business major is like the podcast degree. Oh my god, it's like charisma and accupant, you know, it's all you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did make a televisions and I write a book, so then you know what yeah yeah, yeah, so but yeah, so you you you took your gap year to like, was it to go on tour for the book promotions?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was going on tour and all that, and and and so I was in the I was in the acting major. And then you know, you, Mish has this very very very you know, sort of prestigious musical theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: And the mts are just kind of different. They are sort of they have a super human ability to uh kind of everything.
Speaker 1: So very squirky, strange individuals.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed. One yeah. Yeah, and so a little bit like halfway through freshman year, I'm out and I'm with these musical theater majors and one of them is like this is this was like what was passing for a conversation back then. But they were like who in your who in your class sings? Like who's who's who are the really great singers? And I'm I'm naming a couple of people in my class and well and you, of course I don't really sing. And I was like, uh, well, what do you mean? And they were like, well, you were going to be in our class. You were going to be in the music theater school, but then you took that gap year and now you're in the acting program. And I was like, what are you talking about? And they were like, you posted on our Facebook group. You said you were going to be in our class, and then you took a gap year, and then when you showed up, you were an acting major. So you were going to be a musical theater measure, but then you're an acting major. And what I realized is when I had posted in that Facebook group, I had accidentally posted in the musical theater Facebook group and said, Hey, I was going to be in your class, but now I'm taking a gap year. I'll meet you all next year. And they were like, so you were like you you are almost an MPT yet and I was like, yeah, yeah, that's true. And so I just kind of I was like, yeah, you know what, Yeah, like this will be kind of funny, like this will be something that i'll you know, sort of I'll later I'll be like, oh, I was just kidding. I can't sing or dance or do any of that stuff. And so time passes, and this sort of lie starts to get away from me in a very big way in which like, now people are coming up to me and being like, I hear you have one of the most beautiful voice. Could you sing a little something for us now, Lacy, I'll tell you I don't have a very beautiful voice, so.
Speaker 2: I speaking though.
Speaker 3: Something is lost in translation. I'll tell you that. So people, and so it starts to build more and more and more, and people are like, I heard that you are sort of like a generationally talented thing, and so I had to like think of a thousand excuses to not sing in front of people the entire time I was at school. Yeah, And then it started turning into people being like, yeah, I heard you couldn't get back into the musical theater school, so you had to go to acting. Like now, then it turned into this idea that like, oh, like the second time around, I wasn't talented enough to be in the musical leader school, which, to be fair, I was never talented enough to be in the musical theater school. But the next year I am dating this girl who's in the musical theater program and she's a year younger than me, and she goes to this party and people are like, have you ever heard your boyfriend sing? And she's like no, and they're like he's unbelievable. He's like one of the best singers in the world. And I guess like my refusal this thing had just like head this thing build and build and build, and by then I was terrified to be like, hey, everybody, I lied. So she is like listening to all these people tell her this and she's like, Kyle, like I really don't think so I think you're all wrong, and they're like no, no, like he's the best. And so she comes over that night and she's like like hey, like it's weird, yeah, yea yeah. She was like you never sing for me, and I was like I knew exactly. I knew immediately what was going on. I was like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if a woman asked the man to perform musical talents the second agenda, because yeah, never you have never never been trying a man whips out a guitar. I'm like, yeah, yeah, he's like more goog dolls.
Speaker 3: So I was just like, uh, listen, I don't really do that anymore. I was like trying to get out of it so hard, and then she starts like balling crying, and I was like, wait, what the what the what the fuck's going on? She was like I can't believe that there's like this thing that I didn't know about you, and like this is like a whole big, like part of your identity, I guess, and like it's something you felt like you had to hide from me, and like I came off the wait list and it's like weird that you never told me that. And I was like listen, I was like, none of it's real. I was like, it's all fake. It's it's it's like one like joke that I thought was going to pay off that is now has consumed my life. And she was like.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank god, like thank god, because I think she did not want to be with a like quote unquote like musical beater man And.
Speaker 2: Is that what she said?
Speaker 1: Because tell me what she said, there were there.
Speaker 3: I think there was a lot of reasons behind her relief. I think I think that it was probably also to a degree that like she was like, like she had said, I think she was glad that there wasn't like a whole part of my identity that had been hidden from her that like.
Speaker 2: And like I was feeling like I must he must be cheating on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah all around town for me. Yeah exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: I got a door ray or me out of his ass, So what's going on?
Speaker 3: And so, uh but then she told everyone and that was the end of my scam, and uh, it was. It was weird like people with people like would like I trusted you man, Like they were like this, this this matters to us, and I was like, wow, this really it did. It was a little bit damaging to my personal stock.
Speaker 1: But oh my goodness, I know, I feel like the scam a little bit here too. Though. It's like, Kyle is just the body that you were born into, like being a charismatic white man with a full head of hair, and you just mentioned something just like oh yeah, musical theater and then all of a sudden, they've ran with this like he's so charismatic, his hair is so full, he's the best singer in the world.
Speaker 3: They created this whole, this whole corporate brand identity for me as like as like you know, like a performer, a shinger.
Speaker 1: And you feel that by refusing to sing, because then they were like, yeah, he's so good he won't even share his y with me. Personally, people were like, oh, it's time people sing. I'm like scam Like, I'm like I gotta start whipping it out because I got to prove myself. But you just being like no, no, no, not Like now they're like, oh, he must be so good because he won't even give us a taste.
Speaker 3: It made it seem like I had nothing to prove, when in reality, I quite literally had nothing with which to prove my shelf. Uh Yeah, So so that was sort of the scam that consumed my life for a little while.
Speaker 1: That's a bar I kind of look that. I think all of us need to take that on a little bit more. I'm gonna stop trying to prove myself so hard. Yeah, right, if you keep it a little clandestine, then people are like what do they have to hide? It works the same way in dating, like the word I've learned that like there's really just bitch or whore, like like it's gonna be a war. Yeah, like and and horre doesn't necessarily mean like a negative connotation doesn't mean like even sex worker I don't think is negative. So I'm not even taking that, but like what I mean. So it's like I'm always like the nice person who's always like, look what I can do. Look at that you need help, I'll give you help. You need money, I'll give you money. And that is not proven to be the way to bring the type of people in my life that I want. So I was like, ooh, it's time to jump over the bitch, which is like, why do you deserve my time? I'm gonna like, I'm not gonna be rude to you, but I'm also not going to open my whole life up to you, you stranger, with that you proving that you belong here. So you kind of did the bitch version of being like people without trying to do it, ye people being like please think press and like I don't do that. I don't yeah yeah, yeah, and asked her to sing for me should be like whoa, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they thought that I knew my worth. That they thought that I was just like sitting around knowing my worth when in reality I knew exactly what my work was and it wasn't enough just toff. That's so true though. I think like one of the things that I think that you learn the older you get and the more like like menu interact with is that like men, like they're the real talent of the man is like uh is being trainable, like being able to like accept the dynamic. So if you like go to a man and you're like, oh, like i'll do this for you, I'll do this for you, I'll do this for you, like I'm all these things to you, They're like, great, that is the dynamic. And the dynamic is inherently like fair, you know, like it's and so if you if you set the dynamic, you're like, what do you bring to the table. They're like, that's the dynamic. The dynamic is that like I'm like, you know, like you know, in more of kind of an equal you know, flow, and so so I think, I mean, I think it's I think it's a valid philosophy.
Speaker 1: And under, you know, in a different body, like my brown body, my female body, my queer body. People are always assuming less of me automatically, which is crazy. Like you know how DEI was pejorative, Like it became a pejorative term for brand of black people getting jobs they didn't deserve, when in actuality, we had to not even black people minorities in general, but like we had to be ten times better to get the job. Yeah, Like you like, you know, certain people of certain ilkskuldwalk and like, you know, like a straight white man and they would just assume that you have the skills of the talent and you could learn them on the job, Kyle, Whereas they're like when I come to the job, they're like, you've been working at this job a million years, right.
Speaker 2: Like you're overly qualified.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like that technique, and I think a lot of us can take that on a little bit more. I definitely am going to I have as I've gotten a little bit older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I that was one of the things is I had once at one point tried to explain like the DEI conversation to like an uncle of mine, and I was like, they're playing.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of white men like to come talk to us about like, damn, it's really hard.
Speaker 2: Out here for y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah uncle, hell yeah yeah, everyone can go talk to your uncle. It was hard, man, It was I was like, please never on Facebook ever again. But just what I was saying is I was like, like, it's the exact same game, but they're playing on like the extreme difficulty level, you know what I mean. Like if someone's like there, if someone's like, uh, like playing the exact same game that you're playing, and they're playing on a much harder difficulty, that that means that they're probably a lot more capable and qualified than like if you, if you were able to sort of just walk through it.
Speaker 1: Right, because how did they get there?
Speaker 3: If he likes video games? So I was trying to put it. I was trying to create a frame of reference that would really work for him. I don't think it worked.
Speaker 2: I love that you came at him like a youth pastor and you did your best.
Speaker 1: You did your best.
Speaker 3: Really is my energy. I had a guitar. I was like, listen, oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, well look we all learned something here. I love this and you know what we're gonna keep in that frame. So you know, you you talk about how to piss off man man. You know that was obviously like a huge thing, and now you have this podcast coming out get worse on big money players, and so I wanted to This actually falls right into what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: But I have a listener letter here from the audience.
Speaker 1: As always, snitch on your friends, your family, and your enemies at scam gottess pot at gmail dot com. Just make sure your scam is retired because we don't want to what yes, fuck up your bag a man? So, Kyle, I need you to give me a fake name. Gender doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: M Carrie Carrie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that. Is it Carrie with a see or Cary with a k?
Speaker 1: It's Carrie with a c ooh like the movie but Pet's blood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly like the movie with the fixed blood.
Speaker 1: So Carrie says, hello, Queen of all things Scammering the scam I run is simple and though technically illegal, heavy on the technical. No one stands to lose and the only thing the scammed are left holding is shame and the knowledge that you can't fuck with my bag. Okay, Carrie. And typically if I read a listener letter and they say the scam is ongoing, I may share it. I may not because I know that you have a very strong TikTok acumen, Like I'm sure you like I'll be on their doom scrolling shit. My algorithm is very curated, but it's rare that I'll post every now and then I'll get a girl full of something. But I know, you know like how it is when you're a little bit more involved in that. But one thing I really hate about TikTok is that people don't gate keep enough. It's like you find out something and then you have to tell everybody, and I'm like, sometimes it's like keep it in your group chat because you're actually fucking up. The bags are on here the you know, everybody's gonna start adjusting because you were like, here's a new secret I learned, Like, bitch, don't tell us, don't tell everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think I think anytime that you can there are some people who live their life thinking anytime I can offer something useful that like another person could like use or or take, then that is like algorithm jews. Yeah, So like I think that like one of the things that I like learned through like writing is that like sometimes the most important decision that you can make is to show restraint. And I think it's the same thing like knowing when not to go viral at a certain point becomes Josh, this important is as knowing when to go viral, and and I think that like a big part of like yeah, like you know, I mean like not like fucking up your entire life is being like okay, yeah, like there's some stuff that I am going to keep for me or you know, keep for me and my friends because you know, like, uh, just because I can use it to be seen by a lot of people doesn't mean that's that's gonna be good for me or my life or my career.
Speaker 1: And people are so there's just become such a desperation because of our economy and because of how hard it is to just get a regular job that you know, people are like, oh, I see this person go viral like doctor pepper baby, bebe let me look what's my doctor pepper baby. Like I'm trying to get out of the struggle, and it's like it's not gonna work for everybody. Some of us have to be CNA's babes, like some of us have to. Somebody's got to do these jobs. I need an electrician. Don't come over here dancing while you're working on the wiring.
Speaker 3: Please. It's just like a very famous famous like it's like a tweet or something, but it's like a picture and it says like we don't need any more influencers, we need gaffers. These shows are dark.
Speaker 1: As shit, real as fuck. Okay, because what Game of Thrones case the point?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Those do you know? All?
Speaker 3: You want to wear big pants and hang out at forty one hundred. Now I can't see shit.
Speaker 1: I can't see shit on my TV. You know, hard just to get a plumber, I ain't seen the crack of years. Put the crack back, okay. Why I'll wear a past that fit and then coming in here like when I plumb a toilet.
Speaker 3: I like them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I have a deal with lows.
Speaker 2: Click on my TikTok yeah, makeing videos in there. It's not flushing.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy that if you were a hot guy who had a job, if you were a hot guy with a job back in the day, like your reward was just being a hot guy and having a job. And now if you're a hot guy with a job, people are like, you can just become a media personality overnight because people are like, I can't believe a hot person would do a job. People are so amazed whenever a hot person's like, oh I do blood like, they're like, wow, this is incredible. I love this.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this. I remember on Love Island this past season was this guy Bryce who ended up winning, and he's like a beautiful hot man model and he would talk a lot about how he would work on garbage trucks and that was like the hottest things for people on the end of the day. But the sexy ass man knows how to do, like we wire a garbage truck. Yeah, we got a.
Speaker 3: Job in the world, which now.
Speaker 1: Paying a job, it is we're forgetting that. A lot of utility jobs pay very well because we cannot not have them.
Speaker 3: I read something recently about how the most if you were to pull one profession of people and just rapture them all out of the universe, what would cause our society to implode the fastest, And it's garbage people. It's like I guess, like apparently America can only survive like four hours without garbage. People like we.
Speaker 1: Pay ever figures it's a good job and it's never going away, never going away.
Speaker 3: Sort of the last line of defense between us and the end of society. You know, it's crazy, it's true.
Speaker 1: That's so true, and on so many levels. Because yes, one, we need to clear away the garbage. We need to be able to drive on our streets. But also there's a mental health aspect. If I have to keep all my own garbage, then you know, my brain starts to get clogged. I start to feel bad about myself if there's trash bags in my kitchen. Yeah, garbage men are doing work on so many levels. When need to start giving them more love? Yeah, and garbage women, gage and garbage non binary garbage icons. Yes, I agree with you. We'll get back to Carrie here, Carrie says. So Carrie said this is technically illegal, but like only technical, lad, and I like that for us. So Carrie says, I started a small business three years ago, and I deal in a very unethical industry where people love to evade contract terms.
Speaker 2: And skip out on the bill.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of those. And she says that the bill usually runs anywhere between one thousand to forty thousand dollars per contract. Those are some big skips, A thousand dollars skip. I'm mad for sure, forty k I gotta come fight you like, yeah, trunk, Yeah, I gotta get a bat.
Speaker 3: I'm sending guys to your home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's enough money to split with the guys, right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I'm pocketing thirty five and they're both taking two point five.
Speaker 2: And they would be like, say less, you could have gave them two fifty, and the would have been like.
Speaker 3: This is this is the thing is kind of getting help keeps getting cheaper, you know, right, you could break legs for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You know, rate for breaking a leg used to be much more expensive. And these days, I'm like paid to go to boxing classes. So you tell me I can whoop ass and get paid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. That's the thing about going to boxing classes for a long time. You're like, I don't know if I can if this is helping at all. I don't know if this is if this is working at all, Like, I don't know if I could fight.
Speaker 1: I mean, so, spar if you want to, if you want to get to the level where you're really trying to whoop aass.
Speaker 2: He personally, I just like to get there and get out my frustration.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to get the note a lot from one of my boxing instructors, and sometimes I still get it, which was like, you know, I'll be throwing the combo and they'll be like, why is your like protect your face if your jack with one hand, the other hand needs to be in front of your face, and I'll be hitting people with one face completely open. And then I realized after a while it was my superpower because I used to always say, like, the best way to win a fight is to not get scared, like not be scared to get hit. Yeah, you look like a crazy person if you don't protect your face.
Speaker 2: This person will do anything.
Speaker 3: I had a friend ones who was like a big talker, but one thing that he said was the trick to winning a fight is not caring what happens to you exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh my god, it's not diabolical, but it's anything.
Speaker 3: You know. That's why I'm hiring guys.
Speaker 1: Right same, I'm getting a burner funck. But yeah, like that's why I'm fuck with people who have nothing to lose. If I'm me, somebody I could tell I don't have nothing to lose. Oh, you are dangerous to me because you'll do anything. That's a crash out for real.
Speaker 3: All my enemies have families and a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Got a way to have an enemy. Yeah, somebody who doesn't want to go to prison. Somebody who's like, I've done a.
Speaker 3: Bit in their life. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: That, got a lot of love that their life.
Speaker 2: They got people who will come looking for them the calling.
Speaker 3: Roads around, who are like, it's not worth it. You know that.
Speaker 1: I don't have no enemies who are like jail. No, no, no, you know CEOs and the joint you got you got clout in prison? No no, no, you got it. You can take anything you want. So Carrie says, after years of chasing money from the big man aka liquor companies, advertisement and marketing agencies, et cetera, I decided to see what would happen if I seed my lawyer in quotes in my demands for payment. Now, listen, I'm a thirty two year old woman trying to run a small business in a world overseen by the Trump's theen administration.
Speaker 2: I hear, So I know I don't have that long money.
Speaker 1: The idea of having a lawyer on retainer is nothing but a pipe dream to me right now. But let's manifest lawyer on retainer. Let's manifest it for all of us. So what Carrie says is what I do have is a best friend who works as a legal assistant and has an email address registered to a legal office. Can she sew on my behalf?
Speaker 2: Hell no? Is she registered in my province?
Speaker 1: Hell no? Does anyone google anything nowadays? Hell? To the note, absolutely, we are in a literacy crisis. I think it's the forty six or fifty percent of the country reads at a sixth grade level, and people get hired all the time without checking diplomas. AI is hiring people you know. Indeed is a mess. Everything is a mess. So you could definitely get away with this, So Carrie said, I noticed quickly that when I seed her and mentioned that my legal representation has been copied for transparency, all you goody use that word transparency. That's a scrumptuous corporate word. Hey, that's right up there with circle back.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So when she would say she was copying them for transparency, companies and spokespeople tend to move real fast. Invoices lost to the spam folder, in quotes are all of a suddenly found instantly, and contract terms are spontaneously remembered. I have employed my legal representation in quotes tactic on three separate occasions and gotten what's rightfully owed to me each time. Meanwhile, the corporations get to sit with the fear of pending civil suits that will never be filed, and my bestie gets some drama in her inbox while she does her boring paralegal tasks. My credo has always been do no harm, take no shit, stay skimming, and get what's rightfully yours. Carrie, Yes, Carrie, we all need a fake lawyer. Yeah we do. I have employed this many a time, especially when I first moved to Alee, Like it was a lot of freelance work and there were no contracts involved. And it's so funny because people want you to work on time, but they want to pay you late. Like, what the fuck is a net ninety? What is the net thirty ninety is crazy? And I've seen it net forty five? What do you mean you don't have the money but you need the services but and then they want to call you broke. If you hit them up, You're like, hey, I did the job, you loved it. You sent me all this praise. Where is my praise in money form? I don't want compliments from businesses, but we're not friends. I don't need you to build myself esteem, build my bank account. So where's the coin? And they'll be like, oh, you need the money that bad? Like you you hard up, you can't wait. No, don't try to shame me. You're the poor one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you don't have the money you need ninety days to pay people Warner Brothers.
Speaker 1: Right, Like I want to be able to gas the gas like the bank and be like, damn Bank of America, you ain't got it. Huh, that's the the problem. Mortgage loans. They're still hurting. Oh you gave all that money to open AI.
Speaker 2: Y'all poor.
Speaker 3: It's so convenient that they can take money out of my account. Wickedy split with no problem, so fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that always kind of bumped me about refunds too. It's like, I tap my cars, swipe my car, give you the cash, whatever the transaction is.
Speaker 2: But then if I need a refund.
Speaker 1: They're like, okay, so three to nine business weeks and then we'll get you the money back.
Speaker 3: What do you mean uphill on the way back?
Speaker 2: That's so makes noses uphill on the.
Speaker 3: Way I don't understand. This is the thing is that people, This is this is the issue about Like people will say to me, you don't understand computers, and I'm like, you're right, you know, like I can't, but it's harder to put back. And I'm like, I don't know enough about computers to say why that wouldn't be the case.
Speaker 1: And that's a great scam that we've seen employed in our administration. It's very much employed in how stocks and trading and things like that works. Like they put a barrier to entry with a bunch of fucking jargon in front of you to be like you don't understand what pe means, Like you don't understand, Like, yeah, you don't understand all of these jargon wars that we made up as barriers to enter.
Speaker 2: So now you need me the middleman or like oh, you don't understand this so we.
Speaker 1: Don't have to pay you. What?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, that's why you need pretty simple your imaginary lawyer.
Speaker 2: We all need an imaginary lawyer.
Speaker 3: It's it's so this is this is actually something that I've used a lot too. Like I feel like, throughout like my early years in LA, just constantly like if you had issues with a landlord, just being like hey, great, yeah, let me just check this with my lawyer real quick and then we'll then we'll chat about it. I remember a few years ago my apartment flooded. Oh man, I'm sorry, totally fine. They asked us to put a ton of stuff on our renter's insurance even though it wasn't our fault. What it was is the kid upstairs shot a bb gun into a sprinkler and caused like two million dollars the damage, which is a mint.
Speaker 1: I know this is a kid, or it's like what we call a kid when he had like a like thirty.
Speaker 3: Four yeah counterstrike kid. But no, it was they kept asking us to put all this stuff onto our renters insurance, and I was like, I feel like the more you report to insurance, the like dice here it gets. And so they were like, okay, well we're going to move you to or you should go somewhere else, and you know your renter's insurance will pay for it, but also we want you to keep paying rent and your renter's insurance will pay for it. And so while we couldn't live in the building, they were asking us to pay rent. And I was like, that is so interesting. I just have to check on the legality of that with my lawyer. And they were like, don't bother. It's cool. No worries, like don't don't pay right right, they were like, let's just see what happens. It's like, even the the implication that a lawyer is in your life is enough to make people be like all right, never right exactly.
Speaker 1: I think even if you don't have a lawyer, bestie with the with the email, Okay, we talk about fishing emails on here all the time. Allegedly I never said this, but you know, like you know how they be Amazon with a O instead of or what a zero instead of Oh, I don't know, maybe it's Celeno.
Speaker 3: And Barnes, but the bar is just like.
Speaker 2: A sign instead of an A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just tag them, you just add them, copy them to the email.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like the Shoots law firm. It's like.
Speaker 1: This is the law firm from watched that show. No one checks no one's going to follow up. Maybe you all just need to have another email domain. Yeah, get a website, Squarespace, psor the show.
Speaker 3: Face well fake lawyer a fake lawyer website.
Speaker 1: But yes, the threat of any type of legality, especially when you know that you're doing something that is illegal to someone as a to a consumer, is enough for most people to deter because they don't want to get tied up in court. And I also say, like, if you're living or renting, you should definitely know the renter's laws in your state. You should know, like, for example, one of the biggest things that people get people on in California is if you paint your walls, if you live somewhere over three years, then they can't charge you to repaint it because they have to repaint it anyway when you move out, so they can't take that from your deposit. But they love to do it because people don't know. So it's like you got to do a little consumer research. And if you don't want to do all that, like Kyle said, you just say that you need to consult with counsel and say it like that. When you start throwing words at people like that, it works. I've done it in the hospital. I have because I have an entertainment lawyer. But my entertainment lawyer is not going to do anything like outside of that. But I was in the hospital when I was getting poetreatment because I'm a black woman and I was supposed to be getting some type of I think it was like a some type of opioid, and opio has made me very very sick, and so I had to get Zoe friend, which is something that's anti naja with it. But I had to stay ahead of the pain after surgery because if you get behind it, then you're in pain for hours. And so my doctor put me on a schedule because I guess I wasn't when I did outpatient like recovery, it wasn't working, so he put me on a schedule in the hospital.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's such a nurse.
Speaker 1: Cop pipeline, like the worst people Like that's not all nurses, okay, because there's a lot of healers out there, and I appreciate the nurses, especially through the shit y'all been through with COVID and everything. But you know, but y'all nurses know the ones y'all know the pictures that y'all got to go check on their patients because they over there pinching them or not changing their bed pain and not checking out. You know who I'm talking about, the ones you want to tag.
Speaker 3: It's half angels and half girls who beat you up in high school. Yes, And there's no way to know nurse is born. God flips a coin.
Speaker 1: That's it because because my favorite nurses they drive me side ultimates, they bump gangst the ram coming into the hospital parking lot, and you know they're lit. And then you have the ones who are the conservative nurses, probably also married to cops, who they have a God complex, and so they're seeing people in their most wicked state and they get to exert control. And I had one of those, unfortunately, and so I was like, I think it's time for my medication. I'm like looking at the time, but she was like, I don't think you really need it. I think because I'm black, she was thinking, I was in here, Jones and for some drugs, you know, you know them drugs that black people all love so much, like.
Speaker 2: Bitch, are you fucking serious? And so when.
Speaker 1: For drugs, right, I'm gonna go to that link. I'm gonna drugs.
Speaker 3: Are everywhere now.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I need those Blue Cross Blue Shield drugs. It's like, believe the hospital name for me, please, but I need them drugs in the hospital. No, that's a lot of great links when I could probably just go to a park, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she refused and I was like, oh, well that's okay. If you are refusing my health care, could you go ahead and write it down? And I was like, actually, don't even worry about it. I know the shift and the time that you're on right now and your information, so I'm gonna go ahead and just communicate that to my legal team that you were refusing care and we can get into it with the hospital. I was like, this, this is discrimination and if that's what you choose to do, let's go there.
Speaker 2: And she was like, oh no, no no, no, no no no, I'll give you.
Speaker 1: I'll give you your stuff. No no, no no no.
Speaker 2: It changed starts something real quick.
Speaker 1: But she did fuck me over a little bit because remember why I said that opiloays make me sick. I don't think she gave me to write Dosa to zofran, so I think it pretty violently. Ill.
Speaker 2: I was like, this bitch, she did this shit on purpose.
Speaker 3: I once had a kind of like weird like neurological thing. It was so I think it was it's what it's called like a cluster migraine, but it manifests as a stroke, so you have stroke symptoms. And I was like, twenty three is the scariest thing is that you're like, oh, man, like I can't read and I can't talk and my arm is numb. And so I taken to the hospital in an ambulance and I was in you know, the room and everything, and I was lying in bed and I was like shaking, and I was like so scared. And there was a moment. It's very late at night and it's Saint Patrick's day, so people keep coming in and they keep being like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hospital lit. I'll say yeah.
Speaker 3: They just kept being like, just police, tell us what you took. Like it's fine, it's fine, We're not anyway. It was like I was like, he's literally just my head is exploding. And so eventually this woman comes in it's like two forty five am, it's really late, and she comes up to the end of my bed and looks at my chart and she like looks at the chart and she's like, oh my god, you had a stroke and I was like yeah, and she was like how old are you? And I was like twenty three and she was like, oh my god, baby, and then she looked around and she went are you scared?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh my yeah, and she was like I bet and then she walked out and I never saw her again. And I think about that interaction probably I've thought about it every day since.
Speaker 1: It's just like she was like, fucking say it.
Speaker 3: This is I was like, oh my god, at least what I think about all the time. I was like, maybe like a fifty percent chance that was a real nurse, Like that could have been somebody inscrubbed, a lady, some lady. I just I'll never ever forget it because it was just she was like, I bet you were scared, and then gone and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, see you like here to give me any care?
Speaker 3: Just yeah, no, just to check my shit out. I had like a friend in the room too. I've I like, I like looked over her and she looked at me and I was like, that can't be. That can't be sanctioned.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you had a witness, So you didn't feel like.
Speaker 3: Well, that was the thing is that I would have doubted that for the rest of my life. Had I not, I would have been like, well, that was so manifestation of a tortured mind, right.
Speaker 1: But the fact that they were bold enough to do it in front of a witness as well, Yeah, scared should be. And then they just fade away the.
Speaker 2: Demons. I think you're right, guy's flipping a coin.
Speaker 3: Oh scared.
Speaker 1: God. Well, let's get into the episode today. Let's get into my favorite segment, Historic Hoodwings. This is where I were a Gale Kyle with a famous con caper group of criminals. Maybe we love them, maybe we hate them. We'll see along the way. So today we're gonna be talking about a fraudulent fro Yo brand that victimized multiple pro baseball teams. So teams right now isn't giving individual it's giving corporate, it's giving box ownership.
Speaker 2: But we'll see along the way.
Speaker 1: I do think I like baseball players. I guess just from a like a health standpoint, It's one of the safer sports because you know, football are like getting a car crashes the whole time. Basketball you can make a lot of money, but then do one wrong trip and you're out forever. Baseball players seem to have the longest longevity in like high paid sports. But today we're going to talk about Krimly. So krimly pronounced, However, I want to pronounce it because it's a French company, So maybe it's clem Lely, clem lay klema Ly. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'll switch it up.
Speaker 1: So clem Lay claim to make healthy keto French frozen yogurt using a two milk. Have you ever heard of a two milk?
Speaker 3: A two milk?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: I haven't. Certain breeds of cows produce more A two proteins in their milk, and other breeds produce more A one proteins. A two milk might cause less bloating gas or digestive discomfort than regular milk. A too milk is nutritionally the same as other milk and still contains lactose, but it's digestive benefits are still questionable. But it's a popular way to market your milk. Like we got milk that you won't be blowing it up at night, you won't be farting.
Speaker 3: I guess it's crazy to live through all these milk technological innovations just with they've figured out so many new different ways.
Speaker 1: I just want to know, right, I want to know who was the weirdo though, who was like seeing cows like like baby cows like suck on the utters and was like, I wonder what that tastes like?
Speaker 3: You say?
Speaker 1: It was like everybody comes.
Speaker 3: Back to the barn, comes back the barn. Listen, I'm gonna need you to not say anything until I've done talking. Walk with me, Walk with me, Walk with me.
Speaker 1: Don't that's how I got here. Just come with me to the destination.
Speaker 3: You know how every time we eat cookies for like, this is almost perfect. I've come up with a crazy idea.
Speaker 1: Literally we were eating oats and water. But what about Yeah, this's got something for us, I think she does.
Speaker 3: She's finally ready to help us.
Speaker 1: Finally ready to help us. So Cliny also said one hundred percent of their profits were donated to ignite the power in girls globally. So they said, we got some as to milk. It's not gonna bloat you, it's not gonna gas you. It's the best premium. We got that good mo moo. Okay, we got moo but also, if you buy from us, we're gonna ignite the power in girls globally. Kyle, do you have any idea what that could mean?
Speaker 3: I I there's two sides of it. It's either we're going to educate more girls worldwide so they can get more power, or it's like X men experimental, like we're giving girls Telegonesis it is? It is really quite vague.
Speaker 1: It's so vague that you can't quantify it, because how can I ever be like Clemly didn't it. I haven't met any ignited girls, like I mean, I guess Alicia. Alicia Keys was like, this girl is on fire. Crimly was like, we did that, we ignited her on fire, and that was our donation with your proceeds. What what do you mean? I love it. I love a vague charity, like we don't know where the money goes and we'll never know. Yeah, I mean that's why Tom's was so good. I don't know if you remember Tom's shoes, those shoes that made everybody's feet stink. But they were like, if you buy a pair of shoes, we gonna give a pair of shoes. And that's something that's quantifiable. We can go see.
Speaker 3: Very easy to sort of understand the level of your investment. I got it, I get choose somebody else get shoes exactly.
Speaker 1: But ignition? What am I supposed to ask girls if they if they've been ignited by Krimly? How would we know?
Speaker 3: It sounds borderline violent? Right, I don't think I want.
Speaker 1: I don't be ignited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't think so it sounds it sounds aggressive.
Speaker 1: And it's the implication is that we need charity to ignite the girls. Are the boys already on fire? Like? What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to understand.
Speaker 1: So sports deals, the company had partnerships with many Pro baseball teams, including the Angels, Diamondbacks, Red Sox, and Mets, and NBA teams like the Knicks and the Celtics. So they had some really popular franchises involved in their partnerships, and like the Knicks at the time, wasn't that popping? But you know now Knicks and five So yeah. In January of twenty twenty two, the brand purchased sponsor rights to Chase Fields Keystone feature then branded it as Krimly Pool Sweet Photograph Show. A massive popsicle sculpture looming in the background, with the company's name spelled out in black tiles at the pool's bottom, and it lit up in white on a sign above. Photographs show a massive popsicle sculpture loving in the background, with the company's name spelled out in black tiles at the pool's bottom and lit up in a white on the sign above. They agreed to pay the Diamondbacks more than two point three million dollars over five years for this sponsorship. So we're going to take a look at this pool suite right now.
Speaker 7: This was our experience being inside the pool suite at Chase Field for the Diamondbacks and Dodgers game. We arrived to the stadium during the second inning, and the energy was insane for the biggest game of the year. If you've been to a game at Chase Field, you've probably seen this pool, and it would take a whole other video to explain why it was even built. When we arrived, we got a free towel, and it's basically like a regular suite where you get free food and drinks, except it's outdoors and it includes a pool and hot tub. We got into the pool right away, as surprisingly, the water was almost as warm as a hot tub, you're able to bring your drink inside, and it was a really awesome time, even though the view from the pool wasn't great. We come to d Backs games often and there's nothing comparable to swimming in a pool with a game happening right in front of you. Next to the suite is this really cool seating area where we got to see superstar players up close. There's also a private bathroom and shower, which we didn't get to film.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have been to baseball games. I have this feels like who thought of this? Who was like, you know what, baseball needs a swimming pool that you can watch the game from.
Speaker 3: It's gluttonous, It's this is the thing is we just we thought we could improve upon sitting down with beer and a hot dog to.
Speaker 1: Having a hot dog and a beer in a.
Speaker 3: Pool at a baseball game.
Speaker 1: At a baseball game, Americans are so gluttonous for entertainment that we were like, oh, this, sitting in the base like even sitting next to the field, being next to the outfield, even like you know, being in the dugout with the players, that's not enough of an experience for an American consumer. What if we gave them a pool to swim in.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And we give them hot dogs and and we give them beer, and we put them in a pool. Now, they said that the pool doesn't give you a great view of the game, so it's given a little influencing thing to me of like, because I've never gone to a baseball game and been like, yeah, I want to get wet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what would be what would really take this experience the next level is being wet right now. This is the thing is if I was in a pool at a baseball game and I had a little hot dog in a and I had a beer, I'd probably be concerned that they were about to put me down. You know, like how when you give a dog the best day of its life, it's evidence that you're gonna kill it. Like when you're like the dogs like wow, like Hamburger and right staate, Like really, this is the thing is, if I was there, I'd be like, everyone's being a little bit too nice to Kyle.
Speaker 1: You know, you're trying to give me several good experiences at once, But also is it a good experience to be in a pool? They said the pool was almost as warm as it was outside. Why is the pool not cold? I don't want to be in lukewarm water watching sweaty sports. Also, I feel like there's so many liabilities here because it's a notorious thing at sporting events that people get way too drunk.
Speaker 2: They get carried out.
Speaker 1: Like if I get drunk in the pool and then is there a lifeguard at the pool?
Speaker 2: Like is there?
Speaker 3: This is the thing? This is the thing too. It's like there's a big thing I think where it's like I will enjoy the experience like a hundred times as much if I know that other people are denied that experience, Like that's like a well documented sort of psychological phenomenon. I read this book, yeah, like status and Culture where they talked about it. If they got one hundred people in a room and they give ten people special presents and they told those ten people hate the other people they didn't get these presents, their level of happiness skyrockets. And if they give everybody in the room presence, people are barely affected by it. So I think probably if I had to guess the appeal of being in the pool at the baseball game, as you look around and you say, nobody else is in a pool right.
Speaker 1: Now, You're like, why are you in a pool?
Speaker 3: Even though I don't even really want to be in the pool. I'm looking around, like, but nobody else is allowed in the pool.
Speaker 1: You know, listen.
Speaker 2: The way my proclivities are set up.
Speaker 1: If someone invited me to the pool, I don't know, I was immediately intrigued. It was like, do I need to go get it in this pool?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell of it, I need to go pay. It's like concerts where and I'm guilty of this. I paid astronomical amounts to be in the pit of a Beyonce concert, and I've gone, like to several iterations like where I have friends who faint, so we get seats that are seated. But then if I'm going with people I know who can like really fuck with the crowd, you know, we're standing down there in the it. But I would argue that the better experience is to be in a seat at a concert like a Beyonce concert, like that a close seat where you can still see her stand, dancing everything, versus being in a pit crowded with people getting only certain angles while everyone else can kind of see every angle of the screen. Even if they can't see a certain vantage point. But there's something about being down there and being like, oh, Beyonce just a sweated on us, but like, you know, like I'm body to body with all these people. But it's exclusive and we had to have all these wristbands. We came through special doors.
Speaker 3: That's that's the question here. Can you even see the baseball from the pool?
Speaker 2: He said it was a bad you in the video.
Speaker 1: He said that he was a bit obstructed, And so at that point, I'm like, if I'm in the pool, I feel like I got to get a workout in it or something. I can't really see baseball as long as hell anyway, So maybe that would keep me intrigues because it's what Yeah, just go and just like that. Okay, Yeah, even if I was in that pool feeling dumb as hell, you're right that the social experience you talked about.
Speaker 2: If I was one of the ten people who got the pool gift.
Speaker 1: Out of the hundred in the room, even if I was not enjoying the pool, if it was lukewarm, you know, I got the hot dog, which was weirdly shaped, y'all see in the video. It was curvy and strange and too long. Even if it was giving me the bubble gust or something, I'd be in there splitch splashing, like I'm having the best time in my life. Y'all ain't never been in the pool. You can't even spell pool. At the baseball game, I would act like it was the best thing that I've ever experienced. So but but again, Krimly sponsored this, and there is some irony and being like this is a milk that is that Are you trying to prove to me that this milk won't make me fartherer poop by putting me in a pool and giving me like, you know, food that definitely might upset my indigestion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is sort of like yeah, they're they're running like a focus group on you. Like it's sort of a it's a it's a test, it's a trial.
Speaker 1: Right, They're like, look, everybody in this pool drank Krimly, and nobody's cramping, nobody's pooping. What this is creative? Everybody's so creative. So photographs show this massive pool, right, we see all of this. Angel Stadium in Anaheim had similar Krimly ads, including a massive electronic sign in the outfield. Krimley agreed to pay the Angels more than three point four to five million dollars over five years, including rights to an animated between innings race and in game commercials. So they paid for the sign they also paid for this like animation that would come up on the screen and some kind of race. I know that they'll do the race the basis thing sometimes, so I don't know what the mascot is for Krimly, but here we are. One year later, both the Angels and the Diamondbacks were suing the company for non payment. Krimly was also sued by an upstate New York farm, an Arizona landlord, and multiple former employees. So it's giving that Krimlely had enough money to install these you know decorations at the bottom of the pool, which already existed before Krimley. And then they also had enough money for the Angels to change like the signage and to get the you know animations going for the you know, in between innings things. But they weren't actually paying the money for the sponsorships that they had promised these teams. But these team owners agreed to this without I've never even heard of Krimley. I have not either and Krimley did something smart here. They kind of put these people on a on at a NET five year, a net three year, and we're like, oh, y'all actually wanted the money.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. But baseball teams have lawyers. They don't have to make.
Speaker 1: Up like you and I s yeah, yeah, yeah, oops, no revenue.
Speaker 3: This is this is the thing. There's like this thing like the uh It's like it's like launching a spaceship and being like, while it's in the air, we're going to figure out how to get it down. Like that's like a like a true thing that I feel like NASA did at one point. They put it. They put a spaceship in the air and they're like, we're gonna figure out how to get it down, you know what I mean. I feel like that was sort of the Kremley sort of thing. They were like, we're going to get all this marketing, we're going to get all this budget, and then we're gonna make We're going to make a product that works, and we're gonna have a lot of money.
Speaker 1: And just like being paid for services, I would argue going up, the going down is the important part. Like coming down we really want that, Yeah, you know that's a hallmark, and going in the air.
Speaker 3: It's not really kind of a full a full cycle unless you come down.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like that could have been spirits of rip spirit the model because they didn't have any like repe like crashes or things like that when they were in the air. So yeah, maybe you got to pay for your seat belt. You know, maybe we got one one bottle of water per oh and y'all got to split it in these cubs. But at the end of the day, you're gonna land, okay, And isn't that what you want? So you're absolutely right. Clemley was not London zipplame. This says you want to you want oh you want money? Oh that's crazy. Okay. So this next part is called oops, no revenue, you know how revenue?
Speaker 2: Like you need that for the company.
Speaker 3: I have heard that. People keep telling me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people keep telling me that too.
Speaker 1: They're like, if you have a business, like you got to have some revenue. And I'm like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Explain that. So the sports news department of The New York Times spoke to more than twenty former Kremley employees to figure out how the company scammed the MLB teams out of millions of dollars worth of stadium ads it had no way of paying for since they had no revenue.
Speaker 1: So remember they said that they were going to give the girls fire as you know, they were going to ignite them as a way of charity. Yeah, they're gonna ignite the girls. So what did they actually mean. We've talked about that, right, and was that even a lie? Or is it a lie? Yeah? We think it's a lie. Guys. So since they didn't have profits to give anyone, they don't even have to follow through on their vague charitable promise to ignite the girls of the US. Okay, So the only person who could really answer these questions that you know, the New York Times Sports department was asking was CEO of Clemley.
Speaker 6: Stephen de la ports and Stephen de la Portas, that doesn't sound flange to me, de.
Speaker 1: La Delaporte, it don't sound fronge, but okay. So Steven, the CEO was hired to run Clemley by founder Kylie Schuler. So this is Kylie here. She's got the blonde dist of hair. I know she is in the salon daily to keep those roots away yeah, because at that age, no one's hair is that blonde. I feel like she saw a photo of herself as like a like a two year old and she said that forever.
Speaker 3: This this house is also sort of horrifyingly white, like there is there is a white couch, white walls, like white trim, white table, and then a white porson statue of a little baby boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a little angel, like a.
Speaker 3: Little This is alarming.
Speaker 1: Even a photo frame that she has in the front of the photo to the forefront, it's a silver which kind of looks white with the refraction of the light on it. Photo of her family that's also in black and white, Like, damn, your pictures can't even be in color. She's the color is for pores.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. She's wearing a sort of a sort of turquoise sort of top here. I feel like if she really wanted to commit a white shirt would have really made this sold hire picture able.
Speaker 1: I bet you that Kylie probably had on some white and the photographer was like, girl, the white hair and a white skitch, white outfit, You're going to fade into the couch.
Speaker 3: The white thank you for the picture of this couch.
Speaker 1: Like this couch, the Blue Eyes.
Speaker 3: It's the founder of the Kremly Corporation.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but obviously she's trying to demonstrate wealth because you know, white in some spaces, like the actual color of it, and especially in furniture and things like that, it kind of distinguishes that you live a slow enough lifestyle, or your kids are sequestered enough by nanny's that you don't have to worry about your white getting you know, tarnished or or wear and tear or stained. So I get the vibe here. So, Kylie, I'm already starting to think you're a scammer, just based on your home decor. Like if I was to hire an interior decorator, I was like, please make it look like I do crime, but like like quiet luxury crime, you know, don't give me. Don't give me like scarface, don't give me like drug, don't give me like gold and gaudy.
Speaker 2: Give me like you know, white collar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crimey, evasion, yes, give me fed, give me.
Speaker 3: Federal, give me the nineties, Yes.
Speaker 1: Give me that ned nineties.
Speaker 7: Rabb run.
Speaker 1: So Stephen was hired by miss White Kylie here, who's a wealthy Orange County based nonprofit executive, for Global Girls.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He was a short and stocky man in his sixties with gray, slick back hair. In most employees' first interactions with him, they said they found him charismatic and even trustworthy.
Speaker 2: Now, being in your.
Speaker 1: Sixties with gray slickback hair and kind of being short and stocky is kind of giving me that, you know that kind of like maybe like a nice man at the airport who sees you struggle in with their bag like an overhead and he like, he's not quite tall enough, so you got to reach for it first. But on the way down it's heavy and he'll he'll put his hands under it and help you get it down. He's like nice, you know. So he's the guy that highly highed. But little do people know about sweet Steven. He had a trail of lawsuits following him around all Redden. Also, there were no photos of him online, which I don't kind of mind, Like if I'm dating someone they don't have an online presence, Like I mean, I need you to have like a little bit of an online presence, but like the kind of like presence where your Instagram is private and then when you add me to it, it's just like photos of landscapes or like food you had on vacation. Like if I see a selfie from like, I'm by So if you're a girl and I see a selfie that doesn't ring any flags for me. But I see too many selfies on a man's page, I'm like, what's you got going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Facing camera LinkedIn private Instagram is a perfect man is.
Speaker 1: A beautiful private Instagram. You can even have a threads or an ex but if I go on your page, it should be nothing but retweets. You never actually and all you follow is news organizations, sports teams, and maybe like a random celebrity like John Cena because he follows everybody back right, Yeah, I'll take that. So people can't find anything about him. The New York Times reporters like couldn't find anything, and they're very good at finding stuff. And their employees said that they didn't have pictures of their former boss either. So even the employees when it was corporate picture day.
Speaker 2: He wasn't in it. He was probably behind the camera, like everybody say, cheez.
Speaker 1: As a scammer.
Speaker 3: Great text, they said, Man, he's the best, right.
Speaker 1: He's the best. He's such a like he's given dad energy like, like, you know, just like a nerdy little dad energy.
Speaker 2: So I feel like if I find a.
Speaker 1: Woman who's, you know, a CEO and I can't find a picture of her online, I'm a little more suspicious. And if she's the one who's like, you don't what we're taking a corporate photo, I'll take the photo. I'm like, why you don't want to be in a photo? Girl? Way, I don't want to be in a photo. So journalist attempted to locate him in person at his address in Arizona. One ended up being a private mailbox at a UPS store. Another led to a house where Steven no longer lives. The Global Girls Now Foundation Kylie's Foundation. Their southern California address also ended up being a private mailbox in a UPS store. The listed phone number for the foundation was disconnected. So you got a foundation, but there's no foundation of communication. Oh right, Kylie. So the only way to learn about Steven was through old lawsuits that were public record. So here as some of his old lawsuits. He was sued in two thousand and five for accepting and reselling more than two million dollars worth of goods without paying a partner their share a ruling from a district judge said Steve even was passing invoices from his left hand to his right. Yeah, so we can understand that. And apparently nobody who was dealing with Stephen in this lawsuit had a fake lawyer. So in two thousand and six, he pled guilty to a felony for concealing property during bankruptcy and was sentenced to probation for a case involved in an LLC that he managed. So even when he got, you know, in the court system, he was given a slap on the wrist. In two thousand and eight, he was accused of knowingly mismanaging the finances of Corn guitarist Brian Welch.
Speaker 2: Now, why is Corn in it?
Speaker 1: According to Welch's manager, in twenty eleven, Brian filed for bankruptcy too. His manager says that Steven had access to all of Brian's finances and racked up massive debts through various business entities and basically bankrupted this Coorn.
Speaker 2: Artist. The guitarist. Now, I feel like I know Coorn.
Speaker 1: I can't name a song off the top of my head, but if I heard one that was popular, I probably know it.
Speaker 3: I cannot either, but he looks like he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: He also this guitarist Brian from Corn, he also looks like he was just very involved in guitar. Remember when I brought up earlier that if a man brings out a guitar, I'm running for the hills, Like I'm like, yeah, they might as well be gunshots because I'm hearing the saxophones like I'm house. Yeah, no, because like people who are really like especially at this level, Corn is like a world famous band, Like I know that man was just strumming all day and all night. And look at those white man dreads, how long they've gone. Like, no, he's not paying attention to finances. He needs somebody else to manage that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he chose seemingly.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, he chose this little, short, little cute, little charity uncle to manage his funds. So Madison Square Garning suthed Steven in twenty sixteen, saying he failed to pay sponsorship fees while marketing Jim Beam nuts under a company called Tea Brands. The suit was ultimately dismissed. So he beat Madison Square Garden, which is actually a huge feat. I'm also a little confused here because I guess now that we're in these trying new times where random businesses are popping up all the time, maybe larger corporations c suites are just allowing new random brands to come in and advertise because they're like, oh, the times are changed and tech big bro. Because I'm like, typically, aren't most corporate sponsorships at this level like brands that are already established, like Coca Cola.
Speaker 3: I feel like the first thing you should ask yourself before putting a company on the side of your building is how I heard of it? Have I ever heard of this company?
Speaker 1: Kyle? What's a legit? What's like a corporate brand that we could come up with? You think we could convince these people to like slap on a billboard?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a yeah, that's a good question. Yeah, Like it should be something that says like scam, but like it's like sort of obscure, you know, it's like the scam, you know, and it's like a camera brand. Oh my god, that's it.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 3: The space space space space space.
Speaker 1: Cam, s space space cam. The future. That's the view.
Speaker 3: The future, view the futures. I mean, I'd see that I'd be like, go to Google. It's yeah, yeah, yeah, we're all it's it's scam. We're already in a ruba. We're already gone.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is really good.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. It's so funny. All these companies now, like yeah, like all these sort of like tech startups because you'll see like you'll see like billboards if you're ever walking around New York and they'll be like bimbo, like you know, like that's like like like automating printers until the end of time, and you're like, yes, what I was just.
Speaker 2: Bring infinity to reality?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah what does that mean? Yeah, you've never seen B t B like this. I'm like, I've never seen B to B period at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Why you ain't S B B?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that's why you need us. So yeah, I feel like Skam could definitely we could probably own a stadium. There's Crypto Stadium. We still call it. We're still called the Staples. We're gonna call it what his mama called it, but Crypto Arina, you know, and that's Sam. Yeah, Skam could definitely do it. So the lawsuits mentioned that he used aliases such as spelling his first name Stephen s t E p h e N, so he would drop the V and turn it into a pH, or his last name as de la Portes, where he would add an extra L m hm, so it was Delaporters like d E l A p R, but he added an extra L to it, so like del computer.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was trying to get more French with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was never French in the first. But you know what, that makes sense though, because think about how many CEOs of companies, especially in America, they're selling a brand that isn't American or it is foreign or whatever. It makes sense. You know, there's always a white guy at the top, so they're like, this makes sense.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: So his name is Tony Mcaroni and he runs the right Tony Macaroni of.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that makes sense. So, or he would register his businesses under his mother's name. I like that as a reverse scam instead of like you know, hope some people will like put their kids on their cable bill and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm gonna put my mom on my businesses.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's very very rare, which is also a little rude to your mom. Because she only gave you nine months free rent in her uterus and now you're now you're getting her name.
Speaker 3: Now she's doing n Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Clemly was his latest business venture. So Clemly's crimes under Steven Kremley hired employees in rapid secession, many leaving stable jobs in the food and beverage industry, lured by Krimly's high salaries, future company equity and their beautiful Scottsdale office. If this don't sound like San Francisco to me, okay, because these AI companies they have been running through big tech, like we got a bigger salary for you, We have like all of these things like come over here, you're gonna get stock options.
Speaker 2: You're fourk gonna be bopping.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they and I also hate this for the people who are working real jobs and making great salaries to be tricked. So they hired Brendan Cunningham, a well respected sports marketing professional, and they got him away from the Diamondbacks. His background helped build trust in the negotiations with the MLB teams because they were like, we know Brendan from where he previously worked, and a lot of startup companies will do this. They'll hire like established people with relationships to gain credence. So Vice president Eddie Essner left a high ranking job at Coca Cola. Eddie, Edi, No, you should have talked to that polar bear first, like what were you doing? But one employee described their work as a ghost job and quotes saying they watched YouTube clips for hours on end. Krimley gave that employee a raise and double the size of their department. At its peak, Krimley had more than fifty employees in its sales, it, social media and more so. People came over to Kremley and they were like, I'm not even working for real, Like I'm just chilling and collecting a check. I wouldn't question it, but at the same time I would be on Indeed, I'll call Coca Cola back like I love y'all, Like.
Speaker 3: Please, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, buy me back, Buy me back from this crushy job where I do nothing but watch you.
Speaker 1: Too, Because you know, if it's too good to be true, it is.
Speaker 3: If you're having too much fun at your job, everybody's about to go to jail very soon. It's like a Hallmark role.
Speaker 1: Yo, that's real shit. I have even with like podcasting, acting, writing, all.
Speaker 2: I follow my dreams.
Speaker 1: And everyone said, if you follow your dreams, you'll never work a day in your life. That is a fucking lie, especially if you're in an entrepreneurial field. You will work every day. You will work seven days a week. But you but you love it, so you keep coming.
Speaker 3: You you will work in your mind. When you're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Doing others, Oh my goodness, you will be somewhere having the time of your life. I can't tell you how many times I've been like on vacation with my friends, throwing ass on the beach and I'm like also like surveying the crowd.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what is this brand? You know what, I'm gonna look this up. Let me put my notes at like this is a good episode.
Speaker 1: Or I'm talking to people and learning shit and I'm like, wait a minute, I'm supposed to be having fun. Yeah, yeah, you'll work forever. But I love it. I love it so much.
Speaker 2: But you're right, it's a if it's a clock in, clock out type job.
Speaker 1: If it's the type of job where you can just move to another company that does the same exact thing, yeah, a little bit of it shouldn't be fun, Like I want you to have fun. I want y'all have ice cream socials and cover retreats. But if it's too lit, it might not be legit.
Speaker 3: Well, then the thing is, it's like if everybody else is having as much fun as I am, we're probably going under soon, you know what I mean? Because who's Who's who's maximizing profits for the shareholders? It's not me, I can tell you that much.
Speaker 1: No, it needs to be like that SpongeBob meme where me and Patrick outside frolicking and squibvers inside the eye like looking at us all, man, somebody has to be squidward. If there's no squitze, we're in trouble. We're in trouble. If there's no mister crabs, we're in trouble. And that's a very millennial.
Speaker 3: Reference for every personality. Higher you need, like a back end engineer who's just barely yeaving on.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, so stressed, you know what I mean, Like they're they're twenty four and they're going great. Yeah, somebody has to do the work. So they had more than fifty employees. They had them in sales, it, social media and more. That wasn't enough to fill the big Scottsdale office though, So they also have infrastructure. And I think these are the great makings of a scam, because if I walk into a building that looks like it's a corporate building, it's in Scottsdale, so you know it's probably like sprawling.
Speaker 2: There's hell of rock gardens and shit.
Speaker 1: You know it's looking legit, but he's trying to It feels like Stephen was like, I need this to look like a real company. So we need You can't walk into the office and all the cubicles are empty. We need we need a bunch of like women in tight sweaters, like typing. We need phones ringing constantly. We need the atmosphere of office. So Systens, a landlord, eventually filed a lawsuit for unpaid rent. The case was settled out of court in twenty twenty five. So Stephen was paying for wasn't paying rather for this corporate office space. And then eventually the corporate office people were like, where's our money, and he was like, babes net ninety.
Speaker 3: Ninety on red ninety. It seems like this guy never paid for anything. It seems like the bills kept coming and he kept turning on the shredder.
Speaker 1: He was allergic to bills. You know, he had an allergy.
Speaker 3: It's a real condition.
Speaker 1: It's very I'm also allergic to bills. I get hives the first of the month. I'm just like, I just start itching. So these are the ads, right, we're getting to the end of this. Krimley's early ads featured the so called authentic French yogurt with the Eiffel Tower in the background. They said the company would give away one hundred percent of its profits. Remember now they're saying to empower girls globally, but earlier they were.
Speaker 2: Saying to ignite them.
Speaker 1: They claimed the yogurt was made with the help of top chefs and nutritionists, using sheep's milk to keep the yogurt lactose free and keto friendly. So now we've expanded into the Krimly yogurt. Remember before it was the Krimly milk with the special cows that didn't give you gas. Now they're doing the Krimly sheep's milk yogurt. Now I know that as someone who is lactose in tolerant goat's milk does it doesn't make you as like irritable as cow's milk. So okay, and we're looking at the ad here. I mean, if I saw this ad, I would think, Look, they got the little till.
Speaker 2: Day on the e.
Speaker 1: Clemly, it's Clemly, and they got the little French flag colors on top of that. Whoever their graphic designer is, I'm fucking with it, you know, like they do. It's French as Okay, I'm gon I'm gonna take one by and be like home we went, and then I'm gonna go rob the loof.
Speaker 3: Okay again, they get.
Speaker 1: Robbed all the time, Kyle. These they get robbed.
Speaker 2: That's not part of their ministry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the PR team is setting that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, robbery. Yeah we need another robbery. Y. Also, we can get people up in here. Yes, that's what they do. So early on employees traveled to New York to pitch Madison Square Garden and they closed the deal.
Speaker 2: Apparently no one remembered the.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen Madison Square Garden lawsuit because remember, Steven's been changing his name. He got his MoMA on the LC, so they don't remember. Now that he's got a new brand. It doesn't even feel familiar. And this brand looks sexy. If Krimley was like, we're gonna sponsors scam goddess, I'm like m ho ho Lasi and I love Krimly, Yeah, Jod Krimely, Joe Clemelee.
Speaker 2: And my name, my first name is French, so you know, I feel like I could be up in here.
Speaker 1: So to be fair, Krimley did experiment with frozen yogurt recipes and even landed on one that reportedly tastes pretty good, but it was impossible to scale. So maybe they were just sending out like packaging like individually in dry ice, but they're just whipping it up in the kitchen like it's thirfry. But it was not scalable. It's not in retail stores. They don't have a factory. The few places where they set up retail stands to actually sell the yogurt, like in sports stadiums, there would often be nothing to sell, which Kyle to bring it back to your beautiful song board, you know, bird voice. This would still work on me because you have this reputation of being this you know, who am I thinking of?
Speaker 2: Andrea Celli and.
Speaker 1: We got there, so you know when you were back when you were Andre Bachelli and you were like, no, no, no, can't use my pipes. Currently, not having anything to sell to me gives like, damn Crime is so good that it's sold out by the time I got to the stand.
Speaker 3: I have never once been able to get my hands on kremlely because I'm not good enough for it.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting enough.
Speaker 3: I don't serve Kremley.
Speaker 1: I like that, And as someone who I know has been reached out for many brand partnerships, you have significant following, and rightfully so, I like your content, but like I could understand like having a front facing image and then not having anything to sell because the exclusivity of it all is what it is. It's like when they used to do those PR boxes and it would be like those random big red boots or things that were never for sale.
Speaker 2: They were just marketing campaigns so you can never buy it.
Speaker 3: There was like a thing like the guy who took over at Hydroflask was like just start making fewer bottles, like and then they just became like this like big collector, like this collector obsession, and it's like their water bottles like he literally just like applied like sneaker scars yeah, and like people were like, well, what does it say about me that I can't get the water bottle I want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, scarcity dynamics, I mean, Armes does it too. Like even if you have the money for the Kelly, you know, they might be like, oh, if you're not famous or you're not that you have to get on a waiting list or you know, diamonds do it as well. There's so many shiny rocks in the world, but the beers knows how to hold onto them, bitches, so you're thirsty for them.
Speaker 3: I'm still on the list for Criminally.
Speaker 1: I am. Yeah, I'm and I'm a brand ambassador for Criminally.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, they're totally empty.
Speaker 2: They're totally empty, but I unbox them.
Speaker 1: But then when I'm unboxing it, I open it and there's just a light shining on my face from the box. I'm like, oh, guys, I wish I could show you what's inside here, but they told me I signed an NDA. But if you want to know, buy your own box of Criminally and unboxing yourself. When you keep that going, that'd be a great influencer. Scam actually, yes, or scam and we just send people to escam and they open the box. We just put one big ring light in it that turns on when you open it, and people are like, oh my gosh, guys they do a little in look. Oh my gosh, You're never gonna people are always asking me, you know, and yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 2: So wrap this up.
Speaker 1: The farm lawsuit, Oh Steven, these lawsuits. So in twenty twenty two, Upstate New York based Ronnie Brook Farms entered into a five year partnership to produce coma. The cows are suing.
Speaker 3: Him class actions.
Speaker 1: The cow class action is crazy. Okay, they're coming in with neck braces on. They utters like, you don't know what we've been through. You do not know what we've been through. So they had a five year partnership to produce Clemely products. Krimly promised to farm a minimum of forty million dollars in sales by the final.
Speaker 2: Year end of the deal.
Speaker 1: It seems like Stephen almost was trying to create a real product.
Speaker 2: They had a sample.
Speaker 1: They have now enlisted a farm, but by late twenty twenty three, the payments stopped, threatening the farm's entire business. So one, Oh McDonald, baby, why were you putting all your eggs in the krimly basket. If they can bankrupt you, you are not diversified enough in your sales of the utter So Ronney Brooks sued Krimley after it fell one hundred and ninety six thousand dollars behind on payments. I like that Ronnie Brooke got in there early because Krimley said forty million by the end of the deal, and when one hundred ninety six thousand didn't show up, they didn't just keep believing.
Speaker 2: They went straight to the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Angels and Diamondbacks have also sued Krimly for failing to pay for the advertising the teams provided at their stadiums. What's funny to me is like, sometimes you gotta cut your loss because it's obvious that Kumeley.
Speaker 2: Don't have no coin.
Speaker 1: So y'all are probably gonna pay more in lawyer's fees than you're gonna recoup. At this point, you might have to just take an l on the klemly So sports lawsuits. Krimlely owes the Angels four hundred thousand dollars and the Diamondbacks are out three hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars. I also want to say that this money is it's imaginary money because unless you paid for the signage and the installment and stuff yourself, basically what you're suing for is lost that you would have recouped from someone that was a legitimate business. So technically you didn't give Krimly any money. You gave them the opportunity, and they were supposed to give you money for that opportunity. It's like if I go do a you know, acting job or whatever, and they're like, oh, actually, we're not going to pay you. It's like, my services are important and expensive, and yes, I could have been doing something somewhere else, and it's valuable for sure, but I can't exactly say I gave you a good or a service. Well, I guess I gave you a service. You know why am I trying to talk myself out of this?
Speaker 3: I actually you're such a big fan.
Speaker 2: I felt like some own biles right now, the mental gymnastics.
Speaker 1: I just tried to go there.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not working. I got the twisted.
Speaker 1: Free Mahomie Kremly free o FREEO. So the lawsuits also say that Krimly was attempting to pass off third party ice cream brands as their own.
Speaker 2: Now y'all took the Agendah's logo off and put on the crime leave.
Speaker 1: One former marketing employee said that he was told to create krimly labels to place on generic ice cream. The employee said it was just ice cream, and they were selling that it was authentic French frozen yogurt that was also Keto. And nowadays, in you know, our fascist state, we all know we really can't trust a label or a logo. But if I see Keto ice cream, I'm not taking it to the lab. I'm eating it and feeling good. Yeah, you know what I mean. I'm like, I'm in ketosis in my mind. So in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, an email from Cunningham to the Angels said that none of the soft served machines are working properly.
Speaker 1: Now y'all pulled Themcdonald's and and and the McDonald's workers have come out. Did you know this time they come out.
Speaker 3: And it's broken. We just don't. We just hate doing it.
Speaker 2: They said it's a bitch to clean.
Speaker 3: So it's so because if someone if I should have an ice cream and someone said no, it's a bitch to clean, I'd say Okay, I'd be like, I get that.
Speaker 2: You're a sweetheart.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: If you say it's a bitch to clean, I'd be like, well, I guess you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be cleaning the night because I because I'm having ice cream, and I'm also gonna watch you make it because i know you mad, so don't spitting it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, when there was a product to sell, it was so thick it often broke the ballpark machines. So if they had a machine to put the I was gonna say, splooge, it's terrible the gunk in there to freeze it. It would break the machines because they basically they' putting cement in the ship because they don't know how ice cream works, because they don't know how milk works. They don't know how any of this work. So we have a whistleblower and typically sometimes I'll call these people haters. It depends on the scenario.
Speaker 3: Depends on the scenario.
Speaker 1: But also I say this and I want to shout out if I know you're listening. One of my fans who came to the show and she brought me some mushrooms too cool as fuck. This was in San Francisco, but She told me that I always say on this podcast, if you are a national born hater, just channel that hate into a hater profession. So if you're a hater, maybe get into like towing companies, or you.
Speaker 2: Know, get into accounting.
Speaker 1: She was like, I'm actually in school right now to get my accounting major because I'm a pocket watcher. So I want to be in people's finances. I want to audit people. And I was like, I love that because even though it is a hater job and I might be mad at if you're auditing me, at the end of the day, it's a necessary job.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't function without haters.
Speaker 1: Everybody be having too good of a time, like you said, Kyle, and then we're all going under.
Speaker 2: We need the haters.
Speaker 3: We need a little acid. We need just a little acid in our society. You know, every dish.
Speaker 2: Yes, it brightens it, it brightens.
Speaker 3: It's just a little bit. I'm like, I understand now.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: By July twenty twenty three, the lack of revenue remember oops and no revenue resulted in major layoffs. A whistleblower started sending mass emails to company employees from anonymous accounts. In addition, to including embarrassing allegations about Krimly executives. The whistleblower said they wanted to expose the reason for the layoffs, tying them to Stevens's record of fraud. So somebody got Steven's real name and then they went in an anonymous email and started gathering information. And that's what this whole show is about, gathering information and sharing it with one another. That's how we keep each other safe. So I like this hater a lot avoir Crimally. This is the end here. Krimerally is now dissolved, leaving many former employees searching for new jobs that they were poached from high end jobs.
Speaker 2: I know homeboy was calling Coca Cola back.
Speaker 1: Like please.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen.
Speaker 1: I know somebody was calling like doctor Peppa, Babe, man hi yah me back do do do?
Speaker 2: But so it's dissolved and it left all these people unemployed.
Speaker 1: They abandoned the Scottsdale office and left everything behind. Look at how they.
Speaker 2: Left this behind. It looks like they were running from the face.
Speaker 1: There's boxes everywhere. Did they trash it when they left it behind?
Speaker 2: I feel like you could have just walked down.
Speaker 3: There's like a tipped over a table that looks like it's been like set on fire and demolished.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sure the people who own this office space were like, what the helly, but it's given a fans came and you flipped the table over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that one.
Speaker 2: Dave Chappelle would be where he's playing George Bush and he's.
Speaker 1: Like the water over just runs. That's what they did. Multiple employees said that they were never technically terminated, only furloughed, and as it was result, never received Severn's Ooh, that's a mean lick. People have families, people, you know, they need their money. Meanwhile, Stephen, what do you think Stephen did? This is the last point in this episode. What do you think Stephen did?
Speaker 3: I think Stephen drove Film and Louise Style off a cliff in his car. Oh, Kyle, is that true?
Speaker 1: Stephen is what I call a serial entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know he works in the Trump administration. Now he's right. Probably he's the head of advertising for the White House.
Speaker 1: Stephen became the new CEO for Clean Bottling Co. And entered an agreement with Alkaline eighty eight in late twenty twenty three to produce products for the brand. A financing company separate like a separate bottling company, and an employee are already suing Alkaline eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Stephen said, rinse repeat.
Speaker 3: He said, listen, players gotta play. I just you know, he's a he's a dog man. He's it's his nature.
Speaker 1: And you know what, maybe it's I feel like Steven's charisma, even though I haven't seen his face, it's his crimes. Charisma has jumped through the phone from me, and I understand how he's not in prison.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fact that he scams Madison Square Garden and then he was like I got a new company, can I come back? And they were like, yeah, you little you little scamp, We love you.
Speaker 1: And maybe they never saw his face either, because maybe he's not a line.
Speaker 2: He's not showing his size.
Speaker 1: He's not in the pictures, so maybe they were having zoom calls and his camera was always off.
Speaker 3: He's sort of like a faceless entity. He's like a he's like he's like a scam assassin. He's he's in a scams and like he just sort of like appears and disappears after the job is.
Speaker 2: Done, right, he gets his money and he disappears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 1: He's not a good guy because a lot of people are unemployed and they didn't get hate and they didn't get severance.
Speaker 3: And the greatest crime is that so many people who were in keytosis became out of ketosis or even worse, a lot of people who are lactose intolerant.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they were on the toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they something happens, Something happens.
Speaker 1: Did he induce on people?
Speaker 3: He's a super villain, It's what he is. He is.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, final thoughts from you, Kyle, What do you think about this scam? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Is it?
Speaker 2: Or you could be somewhere in between?
Speaker 3: You know, Nuance, I'm conflicted. I'm conflicted because a part of me knows it's not real, but I still feel like I wish I had krembly because so few people got to have it, And a part of me is, yeah, a part of me is like, you know, this guy sucks. This guy, you know is terror I think that I do think the greatest crime is that against the lactose intolerance. Yeah. That that's a community that's been through quite a bit. Everywhere they go, people make fun of them. And I think that those are the people who I feel the worst for, and I think that they will have their retribution on on Stephen, whether on this earth or or or in heaven or hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have to. I hope it's real, gassy and health.
Speaker 3: It's good, it's it's gonna be the it's gonna be horrible.
Speaker 2: Let in tolerance.
Speaker 1: Some of the strongest soldiers, they literally have to walk around with them fart pills.
Speaker 2: Lady, imagine being at a nice restaurant and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, hold on, real much, hold on, I'm so sorry I have to take Yeah, yeah, it's a it's it's a it's a it's an exploited class of people, and it's it's it's quite a problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree with you. I agree with everything that you just said.
Speaker 1: Uh, Kyle Prue, thank you so much for being on the show today. What a freaking delight you are.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me. It's such a ball.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. We always ask at the end of our show, where would you like to be fat? Where can people find you upcoming projects, your book, everything?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, you can find me on all socials Zach, Kyle Prue, and in October, listen to the Get Worst podcast. Uh it'll be wherever, wherever you get those, wherever you find them, that's where will.
Speaker 1: Be yes and it's always uh. Snitch on your friends and family at scam gootspot at gmail dot com. Carrie, thank you for giving us all a frank lawyer. Y'all know I love an Abugato. I'm in there, yes, and then you can get my book, Sam Goddess wherever books are sold. If you want to listen to me narrated, the audiobook is wherever books go in your ears. You can get that too. Watch Scam God is the first season on Hulu It's all out, or any other TV shows or movies. I'm in support a black woman today and if you want to really support get on Apple give us five stars, give us a great review. That is a free way in this economy for you to support the show, and it is greatly appreciated. Congregation. I want you how to get out there and stay skimming. But like scheme like instead of like se me, I want you to spell it like cream in the middle because we went gone to all we all saw wanted cream. Okay, cash rules everything around me. Cream Get the Crimelli Bill, y'all all right, We'll dam Goddess. Scam Goddess is an iHeartMedia and Big Money Players production. The show is hosted by me Lacy Moseley, the SVB of West Coast Production's Jack O'Brien, Vice President of Programming Miles Gray, and Director of Programming Lindsay Hoffman Oversea Production. Our executive producer is Joel Money. Our senior producer is b Haskins. Ina Burke is SEP of Content, with additional services provided by Mark Canson, Dylan Unger and the team at Hot Dog Sandwich. Our editor is engineer Justin Conner. Our theme music is composed by Me Lacy Moseley. Cover on photo is Robin von Swag. You could follow the show at Scam Gottess pot on Instagram TikTok. If you've been scammed, pulled the scam or saw Sam, send us an email at scam dot his pod at gmail dot com to tell us all about it.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to like and subscribe and tell a friend.