Speaker 1: Hey guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of this show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. I have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal, indeed we do.
Speaker 2: It is election day in Michigan, Missouri, and a few other spots around the country. Abdul ahsayad Versus Hailey Stevens being the main draw Logan Phillips is going to join us with a full breakdown of the polls and what we can expect tonight. We've got some bombshell new reporting just out this morning that says the US is nearly out of all long range precision missiles. This comes amidst a very precarious moment, obviously for the conflict, so we'll break that down. An Israeli settler has said that one Jewish life is worth millions of Palestinians in Israel is certainly acting like it as we speak. The Flock CEO is saying that the activist organization dflock, which exposes where their cameras are located, is a terrorist organization. We are currently intervening in the Japanese currency market. It's a real sign of the global economic fragility that the Iran war has caused. And a foreign policy expert is going to join us to explain his view of the emerging new world order. It's a very interesting one. I'm looking forward to speaking with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Daniel Bestner, shout out to him. He sent me his book.
Speaker 3: We've been corresponding Twitter friends for some time, so I'm excited to get him here.
Speaker 4: On Quincy Institute.
Speaker 1: Guy too. By the way, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Thank you to everybody who has been supporting the show, and we have, as we promised yesterday a big announcement. Our free month trial is back. So let's put the graphic up there on the screen. This time, it's actually even easier. Don't even need a promo code. You just go to breakingpoints dot com. You can sign up either for a monthly or a yearly subscription thirty days completely free. You can cancel literally at any time, so check it out. You get access, off course to our full newsletter and be able to support our show. We've had so many new people who've joined the show since we last ran this promotion, and so we're excited for everybody able to take advantage. Millions of millions of people been joining us, and we're very very happy to have you. So please go ahead and sign up again completely for free thirty days, either monthly or yearly. It literally all you do is hit subscribe now and it's already included there in your checkout, So it couldn't be easier for you to be able to take advantage breakingpoints dot Com again. If you're watching this on YouTube, please hit subscribe to our YouTube channel. Listening to the podcast, please share an episode with a friend really helps other people find the show. But logan it is going to join us now in the studio to break all of this down. Let's get to it turning now to our elections. Before we get to our great analyst, Logan, we are going to, of course have a livestream here on our channel.
Speaker 1: Let's put it up here on the screen.
Speaker 3: Both Crystal and Ryan will be live seven thirty pm Eastern Time on our channel to look at all of the election results coming in from across the country. But, as I said, Logan Phillips, race to the White House, our great friend here of the show joined us now in the studio.
Speaker 1: Logan, it's good to see you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining us to break all of this craziness down. I can't believe it's been so long since we last saw each other. But we're very glad to have you here in the studio.
Speaker 5: Hey, so great to be back on with you guys.
Speaker 1: Very welcome. All right, so let's go ahead and kick off, Christal, what do you think so.
Speaker 2: Of course, Logan, the marquee race tonight is Abdullah said versus Hailey Stevens that Michigan Democratic Senate primary. A flood of money has come in on Hailey Stephens side. Let's put a three up on the screen. It's not that Abdul hasn't had money. It's just that it pales in comparison to the eighty million dollars that have come in overall here the vast majority of it for Hailey Stevens.
Speaker 4: Is it working?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: What are the polls saying about who is likely to prevail in that particular race tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think it's working at all. I mean maybe to some degree, and it has helped make the race somewhat competitive, But we've seen voters break strongly in the last few weeks from the point where Stevens was down by three percent to l said He's game twenty percent in the last few weeks, and Stevens is only gain ten. So at this point he's coming in as the clear favorite in my personal primary model, a ninety percent chance to win. Wow, and betting markets have it even higher. So it would require we were talking about this earlier, a twenty sixteen style upset like Bernie Sanders had against Hillary Clinton. But this time around, we have lots of polling instead of one pole that have to be wrong. So he's in great shape.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, you just.
Speaker 3: Talked generally about some of the reason why these establishment politicians endorsing these figures doesn't seem to be having the impact that it previously had. Like for example, you had Governor or Whitmer, you had you know, the outgoing Senator Gary Peters endorsed in this race. It seems to have basically had a non existent impact on the race. That's very uncommon. Previously, endorsements actually used to be at least somewhat of a sign of strength and of ability to confer you know, legitimacy on that person, But this time around doesn't seem to be do in that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think that is?
Speaker 5: It's just a fundamental change of what primary voters are looking for, and that's why we're seeing a lot more candidates like Elsay do so well. Voters on the Democratic primaries. They're upset at two things. Obviously, they're upset at Donald Trump, and they want change, but you can't ran like you did last term. More it's about finding Donald Trump because the group they're second most unhappy with is Democrats. And maybe in twenty twenty five that was about not fighting Trump effectively. But now people have come to the conclusion, or at least a lot of these voters that the way Democrats have been governing hasn't been enough to change the fundamental problems they have of society. So it's not just they want society change, they want the political system change. And I don't necessarily think out set of young voters that they're inherently that much pro progressive socialist candidates. I think it's that they want candidates that are going to say they're going to make changes, and the socialists and progressive candidates have the best ready made playbook from that from day one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Also, obviously, logan Israel has become a central dividing line in among Democratic Party elites. It's not so much a dividing line among the base who want to see a different relationship. Abdul's views on Israel have been a major focus during this race. Let's go ahead and take a listen to some questioning of him on MSNBC and how he responded.
Speaker 7: Your campaign has been largely and loudly populist but also anti Zionist, and you've sort of married those two things, equating funding for Israel with underfunding healthcare, for example. Are you worried that that framing juxtaposing the Jewish funding for the Jewish state against the needs of in your own words, our own people echoes. An old anti Semitic trope.
Speaker 8: May just be very very clear. You know who benefits from guaranteed healthcare in this country, Jewish Americans. The idea that somehow we are going to use the specter of anti Semitism to defend what a foreign government is doing, actually has does a deep disservice to the well being of Jewish Americans in this country. Judaism and the Jewish people are a light onto the world, beautiful faith, beautiful people. Contributions that they've made to this country alone are staggering, and I'm looking forward to standing with the Jewish community against anti Semitism. After all, anti Semitism and Islamophobia are one in the same and we need to take them on. But we cannot sit idly by and ask why is it that our three point three billion dollars a year at baseline is used to fund apartheid at baseline genocide over the last several years a war. We have no business fighting with the attempt to annex the southern part of a neighboring country. And then wonder why our kids' schools look like they did fifty years ago.
Speaker 7: The reality, respectfully, you haven't made that same trade off argument with regards to other items in the US is eight hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I have you just don't cover it.
Speaker 8: I'll say the same thing about the money we send to Egypt, which is where my family comes from. So if you want to go ahead and call me anti Egyptian, go ahead and do that. But the reality is that on principle, I don't think we should be sending unconditional foreign military aid to any government because none of.
Speaker 1: Us actually.
Speaker 7: Orn's no religious states writ large on.
Speaker 8: Principle, I absolutely am.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 2: I think you see a couple of things in that club. I mean number one, I think you see his very talented political athletes there handles those questions.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: I think that sort of framing has really only helped him in the race because of how strongly the Democratic base feels about these issues at this point.
Speaker 4: And it's not just him. You look just at the state of Michigan.
Speaker 2: You've got Will Lawrence, who looks like effectively issue and in his primary also left a candidate. You've got Donovan Kinney who is against an incumbent Democrat, and again, looks very much like he's going to be able to prevail there. You've got Corey Bush who has a shot at a comeback in Missouri against Wesley Bell. And of course this comes on the heels of other victories for candidates who have been, you know, a validly anti Zionist or at least want a significant change in the relationship with regard to Israel. So how central has this become for the Democratic base? How are they viewing this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's I think it's been huge. And you said that the establishment's pre united on this. I honestly think most Democratic primary voters are as well, but just in the other direction. And I think that there's something to be said. It's not an easy thing to do that l side, and we've seen this with Mayor Mom Donn in New York City, to reframe the way that we talk about this, right, because there are a lot of people in the establish, from whever their senators or the reporters, who will frame the context of Israel and Gaza in a way that just feels completely unrelated to the reality on the ground, where you know, our bombs have been used to kill tens of thousands of civilians, and we saw this when you guys were interviewing Senator Slotkin a year ago. There's a massive discomfort for these for a lot of these folks who care about genocides and massatrocities everywhere else in the world, but have just this cognitive dissonance on this issue. When you state the facts cleanly, I think it just makes basic sense to voters that it's unacceptable for us to be responsible for this type of carnage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing is that Haley Stevens has run a very bizarre campaign. She recently attacked Abdul Sayed, saying that he hates Jewish Americans. She's been attacking him as doing, you know, things with cool kids on the internet, which is clearly like a swipe. I guess, you know, shows like ours or other influencers, democratic influences, people like Hassan Piker. Here's her recently attacking Alsaia on these grounds. Take a listen, we'll get your reaction.
Speaker 11: Okay, some of you have seen, you know, there's those cool kids on the internet. They're doing the kid chatter. Some of them might be the coastal elites making fun of how I talk. Not okay, says my governor.
Speaker 4: But let's be real.
Speaker 11: They're making fun of Michigan. They're thinking they're better than us. And what they don't know is I am your voice, and their jokes and their criticism only makes me fight harder.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on there.
Speaker 3: They're beyond the statements.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be serious.
Speaker 3: But you know, to my earlier point, you got Jim Cliburn standing right behind her right, one of the most powerful Democratic you know, establishment figures in the nation, probably single handed more responsible for Biden becoming president than any other figure. They're currently trying to move the Democratic primary South Carolina, his home state, to be the number one first state to give them momentum to a more established from Canada. You had grins and whitmer off camera the city governor, as I just said, she has leaned heavily with a lot of support from these super packs and others. Why do you think ultimately that this kind of home core Michigan.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like outsiders.
Speaker 3: I guess people like us in Washington or wherever ASSMB lives, California.
Speaker 1: We're coming in, you know, into our state. Why is this not working?
Speaker 3: It's very traditional, We're work in a you know, white working class state like Michigan battleground state as well.
Speaker 1: What do you think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that voters may appreciate some of these people. In Clevernes's case, this guy has extreme power in certain areas, very powerful in South Carolina where voters really trust his opinion right, very powerful for other establishment members, and in Congress not so powerful regular primary.
Speaker 1: Voters outside the state.
Speaker 5: So it's more of a signal to other members to back her than I think he's going to be a heavyweight to influence things case. Look, yeah, she's still popular. She is popular a little less so after this endorse, especially at least in one poll. But I think voters a lot of them are saying, hey, we appreciate you, but we're also looking for some changes. It's not that it's a full sale rejection of every member of the establishment. It's sort of sometimes for some folks, it absolutely is. For some other people, it's sort of a yes and that in the same way that there were plenty of Barack Obama supporters that wanted Bernie Sanders to be president, and wasn't a rejection to him. They just wanted some things that aren't getting taken care of to be addressed.
Speaker 2: Good point to that point, let's put a eight up on the screen here. We've got some more details about why respondents in this poll backed Abdul And you can see the few things that jump down at you our money, medicare and support and people should know his tagline is money out of politics, money in your pocket, and Medicare for all. So clearly his message landed with people because they are citing exactly the line that he was pushing, you know, for his tagline for the campaign. And the most common themes mentioned behind these individual words that were pulled out is under money, getting money out of politics, putting money in your pocket. Again, that is his tagline, not taking money from corporate packs, keeping tax dollars in America rather than overseas, grassroots small dollar fundraising from medicare obviously Medicare for All in his medical background, and then support the fact he had endorsements from Bernie Sanders, AOC, Elizabeth Warren, the UAW and grassroots support that made a difference to people. So the more national endorsements, it seems, actually hit harder than those local endorsements. But I think this gives a good window into one of the other problems that centrists have struggled with is there was a very clear agenda and platform from Abdul, not just with regard to Israel, but to these central themes of his campaign of what he cares about and what he's going to do. And meanwhile, you've got Haley Stevens talking about, you know, cool kids on the internet and just talking exclusively about the these powerful figures that are backing her. It also seems like to me logan in these responses from actual supporters that I think some of the money that came in for her really backfired. You know, as people were getting flooded with these ads. Abdil had a very smart strategy in their debates, saying, Hey, in the next commercial break, you're gonna see probably two three ads from my opponent. And I think he very cleverly turned that and weaponized it against her and made it a problem for her that she was getting all of this money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think it's gonna be the last one to use this. It's sort of like a Jedi mind trick. Even though I think it's true that he's conditioning and preparing people for these attack ads. Now they have to be paying enough attention to hear him. But he has done that. He's done some counter ads, even if they're not as well funded, where he highlights where some of the money is coming from. And I think this stuff helps narrow how much damage it does. Maybe he doesn't get rid of it entirely, because eighty million is a lot. And I do think it's had effect on the general electorate because you don't normally have eighty five million in the Democratic primary dumped in you to attack you in the middle of July. But it's something that I wouldn't be surprised if we see a presidential primary candidate do too. When you're going to see ads from healthcare companies trying to sell you on an alternative to what some of the candidates are talking about, whether they're talking about Medicare for all, wants it or Medicare for all, and you know, just a little wink to the camera and say, hey, maybe we'll get a little text from one of their campaign staffers and say you just saw this text. Just a signal of what they're already willing to do against us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Let's put a nine up here on the screen can tell us a little bit about some of these other Michigan races where things stand. You got Michigan one, Michigan seven, Michigan eleven, Michigan thirteen. These are some of the other progressive kind of upstart candidates, any of that. You can pick and choose any of these and where you see things because they are contested Democratic primaries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Michigan seventh is the most interesting. You have three like pretty impressive candidates. You have Will Lawrence, who has helped create the Sunrise movement. You have the former ambassador to Ukraine and running Bridget Brink, and then you have Matt Massadam who carried the nuclear football while advising I remember if it was President Biden or Trump or Obama right, And I think what we're seeing in some of these races, especially for candidates on the left, is endorsements matter to some degree for candidates right for voters. And I think it's also like the people endorse the candidate they think it's going to win, so it's a signal of who's going to win. But I think that like young voters who are more on the left, tend to be looking at these endorsements a lot more seriously, partly because they're newer to this, partly because it's a real signal about who they can trust. And so I've been noticing that, like AOC, Bernie Sanders' endorsement seems to matter in some of these races more than lots of local heavyweight endorsements with similar big names.
Speaker 1: We've noticed the same thing very true.
Speaker 4: It's not just Michigan with elections tonight.
Speaker 2: We're also keeping eye on Missouri, where there's a rematch between former Congressman Corey Bush, who was unseated by Wesley Bell, so they are going up against each other now. Ryan interviewed Corey Bush last week and asked her if she felt like it was a different day in the Democratic Party now because at the time of that primary, her opponent, Wesley Bell was funded by millions of dollars from APAC. He is again this time as well. It became one of the most expensive primary fights in American history, and it was successful, And so he asked her if you know, she felt like now the Democratic electorate was more attuned to the money, this money from APAC in particular in their allied groups, and whether that was going to make a difference in her race. Let's go ahead and take a listen to a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of that.
Speaker 12: That was the case in twenty twenty four. People did not know who APAK was. Some have you know, I've heard about him, but I really didn't know, you know, that they would get involved in your, you know, in someone's election. And now that people know. So it took what happened to Jamal Bowman and I for people to really see what happened. Because after Jamal and I lost our races, even though years before you had the same thing happened to Nina Turner, and then there were you know, other people who you know in between that time that where APAC you know, got involved in those races. But because of the amount of money spent and because it was back to back here, especially with you know, the genocide happening in Gaza, people were so angry when they found out where the money came from. When I say this community was angry to the point to where in a town hall that Wesley Bell was holding the community, the majority of those questions were about about his affiliation with APAC and about funding.
Speaker 2: So she feels like it's a night and day difference. I don't think there's been a lot of polling in this race. I've been looking for it. The last poll that came out had Wesley Bell maintaining a narrow lead over her. How do you see the dynamics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that also was by Corey Bush's team, so it's hard to know if it was reliable or not. I think Corey Bush would win if we had the same situation and in this year that when she was the incumbent. It's gonna be a little tougher now, but it definitely has a shot. It's like, how powerful are these dynamics that she could win? I mean, the way APAC does right like these days anyway, is they're very smart about what they about how they run their ads. They focus on a weakness of the candidate they can exploit. For Abdul Seed, even though it's not really based in truth, a lot of it has been trying to make him look like he's anti woman or anti Barack Obama and anti Michelle Obama, which I think, by the way, if they end up endorsing him and campaigning with him, which I'm sure they will in the general, that could help get some of those voters back. But separate on specifically on this race, they attacked her for not voting for the infrastructure bill with Biden and that it might still loomin voter's minds because for Abdul Seed, hey he's a fantastic candidate, but be he's raised a ton of money himself. When you're getting out guns with the amount of money being spent, if you've raised enough money and you have a winning message that can break through, the gap doesn't mean nearly as much, right, So it's not always like a degree of ratio. It's like are you both on the playing field, and like, unquestionably i'll do all see it has been on the playing field in Michigan. I think the advantage is a little stronger here in this congressional race. Corey Brooker hasn't quite not Cordybrooker, I'm sorry, Corny Busch hasn't quite caught the level of strength and momentum that he has to have this huge base of money to spend to counter it. So it's still going to be a tough race for her. I think she's an underdog but definitely has a shot.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, very interesting, just britt big picture, because you're always looking at trends and things.
Speaker 1: What are we looking for?
Speaker 3: So in terms of what's a good night? You know, for LSI, is it just winning? Is it winning per his polls? Is winning by twenty? What are the maybe other trends and other things that we're looking for. What demographic groups we're looking at black voters? Are we looking at older voters? Where should we be looking for? What's going to shock you? Not just in terms of wins because it all just seem is kind of going in one direction, but what's actually going to shock you in terms of a change in the electorate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think what'll be interesting to see is does a Dolcyed's momentum carry through because he's coming into this primary having gained twenty points while Steven's Justice Game ten right, and there was a lot of undecided voters. So even though the polls have shown this directionally him taking a big lead, often what happens is the polls don't just stop there, right, They're always going to be a little behind. So he could end up getting a much bigger lead in this race, and so to some degree they'll be reflected in Charna.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: If this race was really close, I'd really be looking at black turnout specifically, because that's where Stevens has really targeted her electoral strategy and campaigns Adds. However, I want to be surprised if we see some persuasion with some of these voters by Abdulcie.
Speaker 1: And he ends up doing better.
Speaker 5: Now, my personal model has been winning by eleven, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Got it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Interesting, And I'll just say that I think, you know, this is going to be a very important race in terms of setting the battle lines between the Centrists and the progressive wings of the party. And so you know, one of the big narrative destroyers would be if Abdulla Asiad, if he was able to win black voters, that would be a major narrative violation. But even if he does really well, one of the knocks on that wing of the party has been, oh, they just it's just like, you know, educated white young people who like them. Clearly that is no longer the case, and obviously, with Michigan being a swing state, it also shows that the appeal goes far beyond liberal urban enclaves like New York City or Philadelphia or Denver, Colorado. So I think that's part of why tonight is so significant. Guys, Logan is going to be joining us on that live stream, so he'll have his eyes on the numbers all across the country. There's a lot of interesting races and ballot initiatives and primaries that are happening, so we'll be all over it. Make sure to join us tonight at seven thirty and Logan, thank you for.
Speaker 1: Your time this morning. There's one last piece I got.
Speaker 2: To Oh, I thought you were I thought you were going to give It's there out. So this is a Logan looking towards the general election. One of the questions for candidates who are on the left of the party is whether some of their woke one point zero views are going to be a problem for them in a general election. And this is of course a big case that centrist Democrats are making, Oh my god, you can't nominate these people because they're going to be unelectable. One of the I think primary test cases for this is Francesca hun who looks set to dominate the Democratic primary for Wisconsin governor. That race happens next week. She has some she has some old tweets that are really quite something. And unlike like Abdul took the strategy of I'm going to delete the tweets that I'm going to walk away from some of the things that I said, Zora, in a sense pulled a similar maneuver.
Speaker 4: She's going in the other direction.
Speaker 2: She's keeping the tweets up, she's standing by them, she's not backing down from them. So she got asked yesterday on CNN about this cancel Thanksgiving tweet in particular.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and take a look at how that went.
Speaker 13: You know, you've talked about your past position that he keeps highlighting, and you know obviously likely would continue to do so before November. Should you win. One thing that they brought up as well was a post from you in twenty twenty one where you said Americans should cancel Thanksgiving. Should have done this in sixteen twenty one. The post has been deleted, Republicans have been highlighting it. Do you still believe that Thanksgiving should be canceled.
Speaker 10: I'm a chef and one of the first meals that I made that was for the community when I was sixteen was a Thanksgiving meal. I always think my hospitality background in owning a restaurant for seven eight years, that bringing folks around the table to share conversation and build community is always a good thing. But Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities, and so I think there I wanted to make sure that people understood that there are multiple views, views can evolve and the position that I'm running for right now, and I think my background as a chef will actually help me become a better governor that's able to bring more people to the table.
Speaker 13: Francesca Hang, thank you for joining us. We have to have you back on depending on how things go next week in your primary.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Kaitlyn, Come on, Caitlin, it's a yes or no question? Do you think it should be? Come on, Logan, what do we think of this here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: I read this this morning. Is way worse when I saw the video. Oh my gosh, what is right?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving is painful for a lot of people. When you have to sit down with your family about politics, it's or.
Speaker 3: On an answer that question. And I'm encribbing this from DSA leftists who are mad at her about this. He would have said, uh no, We're not going to Thanksgiving. We're not going to cancel Thanksgiving. We're going to make it cheaper and right now it's expensive because of Donald Trump's policy. So then we all sit down for the Lions game or whatever and the Cowboys, we're gonna sit down together and we're going to enjoy a cheaper and better conversation because I'm gonna heal politics and we're gonna make it more affordable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the real war on Thanksgiving is from Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Like how hard is this?
Speaker 3: So look, we'll see betting odds do not have or they have her tide with a Republican which shouldn't be in a wave year for the Democrats. So yeah, that's my personal thing. I think she's the biggest red flag for all the Democrats that are out there.
Speaker 1: But it is good.
Speaker 3: It's gubernatorial so it might be a little bit different. It's always a little bit better even for a wave year because it's not nationwide stakes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, any.
Speaker 2: Reality, you know, Yeah, go ahead, Logan, and I have one one thing I'll add to this.
Speaker 5: I would say that Francisca Hunk should probably stay awa from these national reviews. I've seen a bunch of them now on Fox News, on CNN, on NBC, and like this is usually how it goes. She is way better when it comes to giving public speeches. She clearly gets nervous and gets stuck in these words out and you know, she has to have a little more control of her message, and I just think it's not the right platform for I actually thought.
Speaker 2: She did well in the Fox News interview, which was relatively hostile, but she still got praised from the Fox News host about how a lot of Trump voters like her message on data centers and you know, sort of the local issues. I will say, just in terms of the electoral impact, I keep coming back to and I always forget the guy's name, who's the age of Virginia now who literally there were text messages exposed where he was like I want to murder my political opponent.
Speaker 4: I think his child. She was like, they were just what's that?
Speaker 1: Is it justin something?
Speaker 4: It's justin just is that I don't know. I live in the state, I should know.
Speaker 2: But in any case, and Democratic voters were like, yeah, he's not a Republican though, So it may just be that kind of year where even with some you know, challenging tweets to overcome that there's just such anti Republican party sentiment that.
Speaker 3: There's no question I'm not saying that is going to make her lose. But yeah, anyway, I thought it was wild, And I do think this is a bit of a contrast between how some of the more successful politicians have been handling this, like Abdul who's basically just lying about how he never supported defund the police, and now Francesca Honks.
Speaker 2: So hey, well, I think the most successful leftist candidates have really positioned themselves as the most pro American because they're saying, yeah, going to we're going to spend them here at home, and continuing to return to that message. And it's something that you know, even Republicans like the couple very few characters who have a critique of Israel, can't really credibly say because they don't want to spend the money here on you know, Medicare for all or whatever for people at home. So I personally think that's the most successful lane for leftists has really positioned themselves as the true like America in terms of the American people first candidates And so in any case, Logan excited to see you tonight. We'll have all kinds of results to break down for you guys. It should be a lot of.
Speaker 3: Fun turning out to Iran. Major breaking news as of this morning, let's put it up here on the screen. The United States, per ruters, is now running out of virtually all long range precision missiles during the Iran war.
Speaker 1: Per Ruters.
Speaker 3: This is an internal US government assessment that has been passed around now for the last week, and reportedly was one of the main reasons that Donald Trump decided not to go through with that full scale attack on Iran, not some fake peace talks that were not actually happening. I'm going to read from some of this story because it's so vitally important. The United States Army has now used much of its stockpile of highly accurate long range missiles during its five month war with Iran. The missiles are principally the Army's surface to surface weapons known as the Army Tactical Missile System the at cans, and precision strike missiles the prisms. The US has quote used virtually all of these weapons. The degree to which the military is running out of these specific missiles has not yet been previously reported. The long range munitions were an important part of the military arsenal before the war, allowing accurate strikes from a safe distance. The US supplied weapons have now played a key role also in the war in Ukraine, where they currently are asking the United States for more of them. However, as we now know, virtually all of them have been used. According to this reporting, Crystal Reuter says that Sentcom actually used all of the missiles that they had in their domain and have had to draw down, as we saw previously with the Thads and others, from virtually all the other theaters around the world. The next time that the Prism missile, which is replacing the ACAM missile, will come online to the United States in production is twenty twenty seven, so we will have to wait a full year before new ones will begin to enter the arsenal. This is honestly, I mean, look, we knew it was bad, didn't know it was this bad. They also actually, I just want to say, it's not just these land missiles that are vitally important for the United States. It's the Tomahawk supplies as well, something that has not been covered nearly as much. Because we do have more of them, but approximately fifty percent have now been used in the war with Iran. Again, it takes years in order to just make even a few dozen or so of these things from a single factory here in Arizona. Just to demonstrate the billions of dollars that have now been expended in terms of the munitions in this war and the trade offs that will be needed. Last thing that I do think is so vitally important and also shows the strategic problem that we face, is that they note inside of this US government assessment that the reason why that we're running so low on these weapons and we've been so heavily reliant on them is we did not want to risk manned pilots dropping many of those other types of munitions over Iran out of fear that they would get shot down, Which means that the United States does not have the total air supremacy over Iran, and that they remain afraid that we would have more shootdowns as we saw in the final days of the war before the seas or the full scale war before the ceasefire broke out.
Speaker 1: So overall, a vitally vitally dire.
Speaker 3: Position for the United States to be and can't emphasize enough how important these missiles obviously were in the course of the war and in terms of the war plans for all of the other different theaters, including Russia and China. So the number one determining factor it appears, as to whether the United States even can resume a full scale all at war against Iran, even if it wanted to. Just five months is all it took to basically expend most of them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely insane And as people have been covering this for years, at this point, it is shocking just how bad the situation is.
Speaker 4: I mean, what can you even say about this? Where does all.
Speaker 2: The money go? What have you people spent all of our tax dollars on? I mean, we fund the Pentagon more and more and more every single year, whether it's a Democratic or Republican administration. The last time we had any sort of cuts was actually under Obama with that sequestration deal with the Republicans. Outside of that, the line just continues to go up. Pete Hegseth is demanding one point five trillion dollars. What is the money going to? Complete insanity? So to your point, look what we did in the initial round of the wars. We used a lot of these precision, long range weapons. Why because our planes kept mysteriously falling onto the sky. I remember those claims in the early days that there were like three fighter jets that were down by friendly fire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure we all believe that one.
Speaker 2: In any case, we're having all kinds of problems being able to establish that air superiority. So we're using these long range missiles in order to hit target. That is no longer an option. So next time Trump goes out there and says, oh, we're gonna bomb their bridges, We're gonna commit all these war crimes, We're going to bomb their water infrastructure, et cetera. With what what are you going to use for that? So it just underscores once again there is no military solution to the problem of a run. The only solution is a negotiated diplomatic solution. The only solution is to surrender, is to admit defeat. That's where we're at. I mean, it's completely insane that the US military, which had all this projection of strength and all all of this money has been way more on it than any other country in the entire world, cannot even sustain this lung of a conflict and is thoroughly defeated. So you know, as things go on, we were lucky to get the terms of the original MoU. That MoU is no longer on the table. The Iranians are going to drive a hard bargain because they're reading this reporting, they know the situation, they know that we have no real options to turn this thing around. So it just underscores what are dire situation Donald Trump has gotten us into.
Speaker 3: I really just can't even like, look, we knew the situation was bad. CSIS has a good handle. Again, you can go and look at all their methodology. Ben Shapiro looking at you, Apparently he thinks he knows better than the people who are literally connected to the war industrial base funded by them in many respects. But okay, So where we are right now is that CSIS had previously pegged it around forty five percent of all of them expended.
Speaker 1: We now know that that's not even the case. It's even more.
Speaker 3: And it appears that because of their ability to estimate methodology, they can actually undercount the number of missiles used. The internal assessment really matters in terms of what they're pointing out, especially because with those prisms for example, I believe the number was fewer than one hundred that we even had before going into the war. Another one hundred and twenty will take about a year or so to come online. The Tomahawks as well. I've talked about this, you know, to many ends, especially about the factories and the initial process in the way that it's all there. You could spend all the money in the world and it still wouldn't work, but it does still show you we have been spending all the money in the world. We had years to plan for exactly a crisis moment like this from twenty twenty two onward. Biden squandered all of that. He basically gave, you know, the entire barn over to Ukraine, and now we've got nothing left, especially with Ukraine with their hands out today for all of these even more critical missile systems. And the bottom line remains, the United States is afraid of being able to take casualties in the air over Iran, so they heavily reliance on this. And now we're going to be in a situation where if the war does have to escalate it or not have to, but if they want to escalate it again, a lot of people's lives are going to be seriously at risks, both from the interceptor stockpiles being solo that they have to ration, and a lot of pilots you know, maybe at risk up in the air. And we already saw it the F thirty five, the so called friendly fire shut downs. There's two tankers that allegedly, you know, ran into each other. So they are all kinds of sketchy you know, situations that are all happening here. But it does explain all of Trump's bsing behavior because he remains totally committed to this idea that we are going to have, you know, some sort of talks, and in fact, we have here saying that talks are underway by Donald Trump. This is his claim yesterday in the Oval office. B two, let's take a listen.
Speaker 10: Are the talks with Iran now off and our air strikes they're.
Speaker 9: Going on right now.
Speaker 6: It's an amazing thing. We have a little problem with the run because we have many talks that we'll say we have or we don't have. You know, we're straight about it, but they deny it.
Speaker 9: But they're not denying it now.
Speaker 6: They just put out a statement not denying it, but for some reason they when they're talking, they don't like saying that they're talking their senses. So they called me and they said, please down attack.
Speaker 9: We'll make a deal.
Speaker 6: That's the real truth, and everyone knows it, and who wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Call, So that's the real truth.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the actual truth, let's put B three up here on the screen.
Speaker 1: Per Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: In the Iranian Foreign Ministry, here's what they say Iran's fourn Ministry. There are no discussions underway with the United States. There are no plans to have any discussions. The only discussions are currently with Oman, which continue on managing traffic through the passage. Trump calls Tehran unbelievably duplicitous, and in fact, what we already see is that even these talks with Oman about some sort of managed route for the future through the Strait of horn Moves is not a guarantee. We have had multiple vessels, including again maybe an hour or so before we even began this show, of another one that was just hit by an Iranian projectile in the Strait of horm Moves, trying to transit in a different manner. The current estimate is that there's a lot of black market traffic that is moving through the Strait approximately five million barrels a day or so. They're called ship to ship transfers, where it comes on one ship and a blockade runner takes it and takes it to another ship.
Speaker 1: Hyper inefficient, very very expensive.
Speaker 3: Obviously, with the current price of oil, some people are willing to risk it, but it pales in the twenty million barrels a day that we're originally moving through. The Straight of Horm moves and explains why even with oil prices quote down around eighty eighty five dollars per barrel, it is still going to be punishingly high at the gas station for all of us. And to that point, by the way, Trump now basically abandoning even trying to get oil prices down by increasing the supply, is now saying that the oil companies are making too much money.
Speaker 1: B one, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 14: Excellent and Shobron Integrated all in US just announced Record Club second. Yeah, unbelievable for Excellon for instance, fourteen man House. They've got an OVERDECA for Chevron for the Cotory.
Speaker 6: By twelve times.
Speaker 9: You saw that.
Speaker 14: Yes, I.
Speaker 9: Don't like it.
Speaker 6: They're making too much money, Okay, based on a shortage. They're making too much money. I don't like it, and I should be the last one to say because I'm a big free enterprise guy. Nobody bigger and you know, with even to see oil. When we're finished with the rand, you're going to see the prices drop through the floor. But they made too much money, too much money, Chevron, too much money, uh Exceon Mobile, too much, too much money.
Speaker 9: When you look at.
Speaker 15: One company where they made twelve times what they made the year before. They're going to give some of that back to the public, and they better cut the retail price, the consumer price.
Speaker 6: Too much money. You surprised.
Speaker 9: I'm saying it.
Speaker 6: I'll say it loud and clear. I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 1: He's not happy about it.
Speaker 3: You know, he's going to tell them, send them a very strongly worded truth, to tell them to drop their price. So, I mean, first of all, you know, there's a lot of funny things you could say about free enterprise and all of that, but you know, look, is he actually going to do anything to tell them not to do that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: He can't. Actually, because of where things are today. He could try the export ban. It would be a disaster. In the long run and probably lead to outright shortages, probably destroy the global oil market as we know it, and in the long run, would actually make oil prices much higher for everyone. There's only one thing you can do, which is end the war. He end the war, then, yeah, okay, we can have some oil that's going to go through, but still not accepting it. As of this morning, retail gasoline average four dollars eight cents a gallon around the nation, still well over five dollars in California, So that's where things are.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: One other breaking news, we've got Scott Bessett on Fox News saying that we may have a deal within the next day or two.
Speaker 4: Just read you what he says.
Speaker 2: We've seen President Trump last week threatened what would have been the largest military campaign since World War Two against the Iranians. Now because of that, we are in talks with the Iranians. I think there's a chance we may have a deal today or tomorrow to open the straight Sager. So this is you know, we have no long range precision missiles. All we have left is like job boning, market manipulation, lies in propaganda. That is effectively the only tool that's left in our arsenal. So that's what Trump has deployed. To his credit, I think he deploys it very effectively. The markets are loving this new Scott Bessant comments, we'll see if today or tomorrow we have a deal to open the straight if you guys think that's really going to happen. The Iranians and the Sagers told you before, have said we're not negotiating.
Speaker 4: No, why would we do that?
Speaker 2: And the sentiment within Iran, as you know Professor Randi when we had him on discuss with this is no negotiations.
Speaker 4: Why would we do that? Right now?
Speaker 2: We have the upper hand and there's a report that they may have attacked our base in Kuwait. They still have plenty of weapons that they can deploy. They feel they're in a very strong position. And so unless Trump is truly ready to accept the defeat that has been rendered on the battlefield, then we're going to continue, you know, in this kind of limbo state.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly, And you know, look last thing before to that point.
Speaker 1: So there may be a deal.
Speaker 3: There might, but that deal is not between the United States, that deals between Oman Qatar and Iran. So there was allegedly some final draft which is being you know, coming through. It will actually institute some kind of the surrender of what we're talking about, which is we will say, okay, chips go through the Iranian side, exit the Omani side. Some payment or something like that is going to have to go through, and that will be an alleged framework to get to the point where we can have talks so we can get back to the memorama understanding, so we can get back to a potential nuclear deal, just to show how far we are away from all of it. So, whether there's a quote deal or not to open the strait, we already literally had one. This will still be an Iranian and an Omani understanding, which we then assent to and accept. Last point here from Donald Trump before let's put it up here on the screen. He had said previously Iran's leadership is unbelievably duplicitous. They'd asked for a meeting, some would say, beg that talks began, with more scheduled in the immediate future. They're saying openly and proudly they're not having any discussions. They can then go to give their usual blather in saying the straight upform moves to be operated by them when is already completely controlled by the United States, the US Wall of Steel, blockade, et cetera. Nothing gets through to Iran unless we wanted to, and nothing will get through unless a deal or total surrender is accomplished. So he had said previously a couple of times, this is the last chance. I mean, he's also said that many times before. So take the Scott Bessett News, this truth, all of that. With a great assault. The one thing you can count on, the hard fact is that we're would basically completely run out of some of these missiles. We have very few of the other types left before we have to full blown start rationing and enter a bad situation. So maybe you know bestint is right that a quote deal is on the horizon, but it is not going to be one even remotely floated or any of that by the United States. We'll remain and scene obviously will remain and keep everybody updated. But let's get to Gaza.
Speaker 2: I wanted to turn now to Israel, the West Bank Gaza, some wild things that are unfolding there. In particular, to start with this clip, BBC journalists asked, and is really Settler about the lives of Palestinians versus Jewish life. And the answer is actually not shocking, but it should be. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: I think now after they killed one is where the people we need to kill all the people in Tel and Sarah, even Jiten Ferreta. Why because we don't want it's happened again.
Speaker 16: It sounds like you're saying one Jewish life is worth hundreds or thousands of Palestinian lives.
Speaker 9: Not million. One Jewish life, it's ten million.
Speaker 17: Okay, that just sounds racist.
Speaker 9: Yes, I know, I know, but this is the true because God choose us. Because of this, you are jealous.
Speaker 17: These inflammatory views, rejected by many Israelis, are crucial to understanding the growing violence in the West Bank, which many extremist Israeli settlers see as land given to them by God.
Speaker 9: The Bible is the authorizing that this land belonged to us.
Speaker 16: Okay, Israel occupied it militarily and under international law that means that no civilian settlements can be noted.
Speaker 9: But the God not right in the Bible, the international law.
Speaker 16: So you're a lawyer and you're saying the only law that really counts for you is the Bible.
Speaker 4: Of course, Wow, And Sagar.
Speaker 2: This is the logical endpoint, honest endpoint of an ethno supremacist ideology and religious extremism. And you know in the BBC report they make clear say, oh, many Israelis disagree with this, do they? I'm sure many Israelis wouldn't say it quite this overtly. But we've seen the polling on how comfortable they were with mass slaughter in Gaza. We've seen the polling on how many want to expel all Palestinians who are currently citizens within Israel who are in support of mass ethnic cleansing. So you know, this is the unvarnished face, the true face of the ethno supremacist ideology that undergirds the state of Israel currently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what we actually see inside of the settlements is the normalization quasi legalism. I mean this used to be a fringe part of Israeli society. Most secular Israelis looked down on this type of not even just this type of rhetoric, they actively were opposed to. I mean, there were major fractures in their own society over settlements et cetera. However, what has effectively been normalized now I would say over the last like ten to fifteen years especially, is not just an overt embrace, but really like elevation of a lot of the stuff we've seen right in front of you. And you could say this is just one person, but it is quasi representative itself now of government policy because their own Minister of whatever national security, Ben Giverer, he speaks like this every day. I mean, currently, what is it they're currently? He wanted to put crocodiles in a prison for Palestinians, and the only reason that the plan was struck down was animal welfare organization in Israel was like, this would be bad for the crocodiles exactly right, an you think, look, I know this sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: That actually happened. That literally just happened this week.
Speaker 3: And it's like if PETA was looking up for the crocodiles and not for the actual prisoners. That are so not some bleeding heart liberal who's on you know prisoners. But I'm like, uh, okay, well we know what we know who like medieval.
Speaker 2: It's not even fair to call them prisoners. I mean these are truly hostages. They get picked up for the smallest even theoretical uh uh fraction. Oftentimes you're talking about children, you know, documented systematic torture, abuse, sexual abuse, et cetera. That's what we're talking about here. So even to describe it as a prison is really to water down what the reality is within these you know, within these camps. And so, you know, last thing on this, and then we'll talk some about what's going on with the Gossip Board of Peace, which I think is also very important, very illustrative.
Speaker 4: I remember early.
Speaker 2: On after October seventh saga, you and I covering things that Daniella Weiss, who is one of these settler leaders, was saying, and this was treated as a fringe view, but she was talking about Greater Israel and how Israel how to write to not just you know, historic Palace die, not just Gaza and you know what they called ju Day in Samaria the West Bank, but other countries Land as well, and well and behold here we are. Now they're occupying part of Syria, they're occupied occupying part of Lebanon with no intention of leaving their you know, helping to foment the war in Iran. Like it's very clear that the Greater Israel project is a real commitment, not just from some fringe figure who by the way, Daniel Lewis is very influential, but from the government itself, And how can you say this government isn't reflective of the people.
Speaker 4: How many times has net Nyahuo been re elected?
Speaker 2: How many decades has he served as prime minister of this rogue state? So you know these I've long said that the if you wanted an understanding of what was going to unfold after October seventh, in response to October seventh, the best people to listen to were the most hyperbolic lefties. I think I even understated the case, and the settler terrorist who will tell you flat out the way they think about Palestinians, the way they feel about it, their own twisted and perverted moral calculus, and what they think the State of Israel should ultimately do. So with that framing, let's talk a little bit about what's going on with the quote unquote Board of Peace. Trump made a big announcement saying, oh, we've got this, We've got this deal, and Hamas has agreed to disarm, et cetera, et cetera. Well, there is an agreement in place, but it is much different from what Trump represented, and Israel is already undermining the pieces that they are supposed to abide to as they transition to new governmance within the Gaza strip. Let's put C three up on the screen here. This is from the AP Their headline is hamasa as they'll disarm if Israel halt strikes and withdraws from Gaza. But and I love this framing, but obstacles remain. What are those obstacles? Well, the obstacles are the fault that are the fact that Israel has no intention of withdrawing from Gaza. In fact, what they've said they want to claim more of Gaza. They're already at fifty percent. They want to go to sixty or seventy percent of Gaza that they claim and occupy. And they continue to bomb and to attack and murder within the Gaza strip. So there is not going to be any deal moving forward so long as Israel continues to occupy Gaza and kill Palestinians. Was put C five up on the screen. This is the latest from drop site. They have killed thirty four Palestinians and wounded one hundred and thirty four just since that Gaza deal announcement. Since Trump's Friday announcement of a historic agreement and Hamasa's acceptance of Phase two of the Gaza seasefire deal conditioned on Israeli compliance. Israelis have attacked and killed at least thirty four Palestinians wounded one hundred and thirty four others across the strip. This is, you know, some number of children among them. They have another tweet where they lay out that since the ceasefire was announced in Gaza last October, they've killed two hundred and fifty palest Indians. Just to be clear, this is since the ceasefire, they have killed more Palestindians than we're as vene Israelis who were killed on October seventh, That is to include two hundred and seventy children, one hundred and thirty four women, thirty eight elderly people wounded foury one hundred and ten including one one hundred and forty seven children, seven hundred women, and one hundred and seventy five elderly people. So while the pace of slaughter has slowed, it has not come even close to stopping.
Speaker 1: Soger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know the other reason why I think this is all very important is Iran is watching this. We talked a lot about what happened with the Board of Peace or sorry, with the Saudi Nuclear deal. How Trump signs this deal renegs literally almost immediately changes the conditions.
Speaker 1: Well, what about with Gaza and with Hamas.
Speaker 3: So let's even take in this case, you got Hamas who basically held their hands up and apparently we're told by the Iranians not to do this. When Hamas representatives were in Tehran, I think for the funeral of the Ayatola, there was an allegend meeting between them and the Iranian leadership, and Iranian leadership said you shouldn't do this, they're going to bomb you anyways, you really shouldn't have any sort of negotiation. Hamas said, Okay, no, we're still going to do it. They disagreed for of course their own internal reasons. They've been crushed and you know, basically defeated at least in terms of their political leadership. And so what they did is they still acquiesced. They thought there was still some legitimacy in the Board of Peace deal. And then immediately Israel renags on the US announced Deeal continues to bomb and to kill civilians. So if you're Iran, you told Hamas not to do it, and you're still watching very closely. You're like, okay, we've got this US backed board of peace steel. Trump has some relative interest in saying I'm the person who ended the war in Gaza, Hamas literally putting their hands up saying we will disarm completely.
Speaker 1: If you continue to.
Speaker 3: Abide by this steal, all you have to do is withdraw from this. Israel says we'll do it, and then they don't do it, and they change the terms on a dime. So if you are Iran watching this, this only further affirms, you know, what you've seen. How with the United States it's backing its ability to restrain in Israel. How real is that whenever the deal that you just signed in front of you is one which effectively they negot, you know, they renag on on day one, you know, literally the day after this announcement even comes. So I do think in the bigger picture it's really important, especially as as we're talking, there's some more leaks that are coming out about this Iran and Oman deal. It's exactly as I suspected. It's not a deal with the United States signatory at all. It's Iran and it's Oman. That's it. America can say yes or no in terms of whether we choose to let it go into place or not, but we are not a party to this whatsoever. That is what the future is going to look like. They're going to say, we've worked out a framework, this is how it's going to work. And at the end of the day, we could choose to do the blockade or not. And you know, I guess choose to be in a war with Oman as well. But our word is nothing at this point. You know, I was listening Tucker and Darryl Cooper having a podcast this morning.
Speaker 1: They put it in they put it in really terms.
Speaker 3: I had and cons We don't ever talk about how dastardly the initial attack on Iran was in the first place. And maybe that sounds really dramatic. It was Pearl Harbor, like it was. There was no declaration of war, It came out of nowhere. There was a completely false pretext, and it also didn't even work, just like you know, Pearl Harbor in the initial attack, which we look back upon as a great betrayal. And yet the United States launched this war, you know, basically the same way the Japanese under an initial flag of peace, and we're sort of allegend negotiations that were happening, like with Steve Wikoff and Midnight Hammer and the second time around, and we murdered one hundred and sixty eight school girls on the first day of the war, Like, let's say the truth for what it is. And so, you know, not just in terms of the stain of honor, but how to come back from that and to actually have some sort of negotiation. And that was just from day one to today in terms of our conduct, not even to mention what's been happening with Kasa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, imagine if the show was on the other phone. Oh my god, your audience came to us, Oh, let's work on a deal, and we're so close to a deal, and then you know, out of nowhere, they murder a bunch of American school girls, attack a bunch of civilian infrastructure, remember the black clouds and the oil rain over Tehran, and they you know, kill our entire top leadership, everybody that they possibly can, and in the most dishonorable way possible. You know, Supreme Leader was taken out at his home with many of his family members, including his young grandchild. So yeah, I mean, it's it's the most disgraceful and dishonorable thing that you can possibly imagine. Just real quick to go back to the Board of Piece, because I think it's important to validate. This isn't just like us saying that Israel's attacking, etc. A Board of Piece envoy. And remember all these people are like handpicked by Trump, right like this is his hole, this is his this is his rodeo. They are complaining about him undercutting, about the israelis undercutting the deal. This is C four. So this is in an envoy to the Board of Peace. He said on x two days of strikes across Gaza have killed civilians and destroyed medical supplies that people depend on. This comes after intense efforts by the Border Piece, the mediators Egypt, turkeyer Qatar, and the US to bring the Palestinian factions in Gaza to agree to a roadmap on the full implementation of President Trump's plan to hand over civilian governance and decommission their weapons. Both parties carry obligations under the comprehensive plan. My team and I are working around the clock with the parties and mediators and regional partners to de escalate and create the space for the full implementation of the President's plan. Achieving a lasting piece is hard, but achievable if everyone makes their efforts.
Speaker 4: And the only.
Speaker 2: Way that this thing has a prayer of moving forward is if Trump were to go to the Israelis and say, you're withdrawing now, you are not attacking any more. There are going to be consequences if you do. There is zero indication that he has the willingness to take that hard of a line, even though this is his own, like you know, this is his own deal, This is his own sort of like legacy, credibility, blolah blah blah.
Speaker 4: On the line.
Speaker 2: But even when it comes to that, there's just zero sign of him engaging enough to care and to force the Israelis to do what they are supposed to do under the terms of this agreement.
Speaker 1: I feel very very important.
Speaker 3: Like I said so, in terms of the Israel Goaza situation, the ideology ut front, and also how literally the world is watching in terms of how this is going to impact with Iran. This remains it sounds crazy. You know, we started covering October seventh. It was just the day in and day out. I don't think anybody could have predicted how much it would snowball out, not only into this war with Iran, Israel's bomb seven countries, It's expanded its own borders. It has now gotten us into a situation we're expended all of our precision guided me you know, our precision stockpiles and all of these other things. And it's only been three years to even think about how monumental that is. It really is just completely insane. And also how much we've adopted so much of their own behavior. I talked yesterday in our show, we dropped two thousand pound bomb on a Fanaily, nobody even thinks about it. Nobody says a word. You know, you just do a story time. You know, years ago, that would have been a national scandal. There would have been an actual investigation, the commander who fired that would have been called before Congress, or would have been a Pentagon inspector general report. Really, you know, the media, not even just the media, but the average person.
Speaker 1: Like you know, Crystal, you and I were around for Abu Grab. Everybody knew about that.
Speaker 3: People actually knew about and they weren't horrified by it. I'm saying, you know, I grew up in Bush Country. Even these people were like, oh man, this is horrible. Now, you know, it just rolls off of our back. And that's the type of Israeli behavior we got to reject at the very beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: And even if you you know, don't consider Iranian lives as precious as American lives.
Speaker 4: Which you should.
Speaker 2: Think of the backlash from Abu grab, think about how radicalizing that was. You don't think that the genocide in Gaza is going to be radicalizing for plenty of people against not just Israel, but against the US. You don't think bombing a school full of little girls triple tap strike, by the way, you don't think that's going to be radicalizing. Dropping two thousand pound bombs on a family's home and killing parents and a two year old, you don't think that's going to be radicalizing. We're just sewing more danger and terror and chaos and war in the world, and it is unacceptable.