Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King.
Speaker 2: I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well.
Speaker 1: Rain Drops, you guys have a solo episode from me. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I find it hilarious with I get comments like Carlos, we miss her solo episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm like you guys do that makes me happy?
Speaker 2: So look, I'm happy to give you guys a solo episode today because baby, we have to talk about all things. In the city. I am into it. I am in the city.
Speaker 1: I love this show.
Speaker 2: I actually like it, and I think one of the reasons why I like it so much is because it feels real and raw and it doesn't feel like the cast is trying too hard to make a moment. You know, listen, I love my housewife girlies. You know loost of my girls. I love all of the girls. Right, that's my brand, that's who I am, and I'm sticking to it.
Speaker 1: But let's be clear.
Speaker 2: A lot of the girlies are performative. Hey Joe Ellen, but hey Derey, Hey Pinky. All right, look, so a lot of the girls aren't performative.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 2: So it's nice to see a cast to wear. They're normal and I'm into it. I'm really into it. I'm really into Kenny Guiney is the best baby baby all right, girls and gays and days, let's talk. Took my straight guy listeners, all five of you. Let me and the gays, the Days and the girlies have this moment. Am I think only one who thinks Kenny.
Speaker 1: It's like super hot? Is it just me? Am? I the only one? I think? He is so handsome, he's.
Speaker 2: So likable to me, He's well dressed. Each other reminds me of like that New York City guy that knows how to dress and like that preppy williams Burg Brooklyn type look. Although he lives in the city and he's an investment banker, but he has like this New York swag and I'm here for it. I'm like here for I'm into it. His girlfriend, Whitney is super gorgeous. She's like stunning, and I just like everything he's breaking to this show in regards to.
Speaker 1: Look his biological.
Speaker 2: Father, all of that stuff we get to find out.
Speaker 1: I'm into that.
Speaker 2: I'm just into everything he's bringing.
Speaker 1: To this show. He is like my new favorite reality star.
Speaker 2: Him and Gavin to me are tearing the show and I'm gonna get to gab it in a second. But love, love, love, love, love, love, love love Whitney.
Speaker 1: I love the show.
Speaker 2: So before I get started to the recap, I want to say congratulation to the ass and the producers of Summer House because as of today, it was just announced that Summer House is nominated for an Emmy. We congratulations to my friends over at Truly Original. Shout out to Lauren Escaline, my girl who I love. Shout out to Stephen Weinstock. Shout out to the entire cast and crew of Summer House. Well deserved, well desired, Well deserve, well desired. Listen, it's no surprise, child, because let's be clear, Summer House has been the talk of the town, so it's well desered. It didn't make me think though, I'm like, if the Emmys had the Reality category seven years ago or eight years ago, Real Housewives of Atlanta sees it nine should have been nominated for an Emmy. They're talking like season nine, the whole thing with Candy and Phaedrum Porschaw, like that was the last time that Atlanta Housewives had like this scandal that skyrocketed the world. Because you know that the poor Rules got nominated for an Emmy a couple of years ago due to the scandal of scandalbal Summer House nominated for an Ammy due to what the scandal of Sierra West and Amanda. But can you imagine eight years ago, I think Atlanta Housewives would have won an Emmy or at least been nominated, nominated, nominated.
Speaker 1: So it made me think about that.
Speaker 2: Because that, to me, of all the house Flies franchise is that's one season that beats every single season of all the Housewives. But let me know the comments, y'all agree, not so season nine. If season nine here today, do y'all think that would have been an Emmy nominated season, let me know in the comments. Okay, back to in the City. This show is really fucking good and we got to get in to not only last night's episode, but let's recap the episode before that too, because.
Speaker 1: That's where all this shit got started.
Speaker 2: When it came to the fact that the dinner party from Hell or the wedding party from Hell happened. And when that happened, this is when I said to myself, all this cast came to play. They came to play, because that, to me, was one of the best scenes of the season, and Baby, I was here for all of the of it. So the way it worked was this, Yvonne had a wedding dinner party. She is the best friend of Lindsay Hubbard. I'm discovering alcohol her mother Hubbard.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: She's gorgeous, she's a great television she's a force multiplier, She's fantastic. That whole argument at a credit the table, Gavin knows how to push the buttons, and I'm here for it. You had Amanda and Kyle argue. Kyle went downstairs to the bar to drink more. It was a big cluster fuck. So then they're in Connecticut in this episode because they decided to get together. They're living in my house together for two days, and shit is already hitting the fan. So Kenny's girlfriend, Whitney says that Lindsey Hubbard plays the single mom card a lot. And the reason why she said that is because, although the trip belongs to Kenny, her boyfriend and Lindsey, Lindsey preferred to have a particular room because she was like, look, I'm a single mom and I need you know. She gave all the reasons for him. So that's how Whitney felt. So Winny the confides in the girls about that, and I don't think Whitney was being messy. I think two things can be true. I definitely think Lindsey says it a lot, and I do believe that Lindsay says it because she's a new mom and this is a new world from her for her because prior to having a baby, she was, you know, from my understanding, the party girl, the girl who would do everything.
Speaker 1: So now that she's a mom, this is new territory.
Speaker 2: And because of new territory, in her mind, she's giving reason as to why certain things are shifting for her. I don't think she's using it fully to get attention or to get her way. I think she's she's a new mom, she's a single mom, her baby Daddy's not.
Speaker 1: In the picture.
Speaker 2: So I think quite naturally, her world has turned upside down and the only, not the only, the number one thing, rightfully, So in the front part of her mind is the fact that she's a mother, and I think because of that reason, now she feels like, Okay, if you hear it, beat, that's my air fryer. I'm making, y'all, No, I'm play based. I'm making tofu Tempeoa King wad, dandelion, greens, avocado, so I'm multitasking.
Speaker 1: Just call me Lindsay.
Speaker 2: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. So I don't think Lindsey was using it to get a hit. I think that's just her reality. I also think Whitney, rightfully, so who's not a mom to constantly hear a woman say that. I think Whitney feels like she's using it as a way of getting her way because that's not Whitney's world.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? So I think both things can be true.
Speaker 2: But y'all, when Lindsay found out, she's upset, So we're gonna see next week's finale. Lindsey checked Whitney's ass. But I think Whitney is so sweet. I don't see her raising her boys or clocking in.
Speaker 1: I think Whitney is.
Speaker 2: Just a beautiful girl. I see why Kinny's whip her. Kenny is such a leader that I think he needs to be with somebody that he can leave and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, one of the moments that happened in this episode that we got to talk about that I kept rewinding to.
Speaker 1: Because I was super distracted.
Speaker 2: In the best way possible, we got to get into mister Denver.
Speaker 1: Andrea in his Calvin.
Speaker 2: Days and days. That's Steen, Alum, deserve an Emmy, that's Steen a lung, deserved a Playgirl magazine photoshoot.
Speaker 1: It That motherfucker is smoking.
Speaker 2: I've worked out a lot and when I and when the I saw them abs, I'm like, bitch, you need to take your ass back in the gym. That's the reason why you got by hearing me cook my lunch today, because after seeing what mister Denver had on, I'm like, baby, what am I doing.
Speaker 1: Wrong in my life?
Speaker 3: The Abs nobody that the Calvins. If Calvin Klein does not give him a modeling contract.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you. That thing, well, not that thing.
Speaker 2: I Jaijah kids need to hear this episode. I'm not talking about that thing. Although I look too, We all looked that. We all paused and kept staring. Although that thing looked mighty, what's the wor I'm looking for? It was protruding in the black breeves. I'll just talk about the thing of his whole physique. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I can like watch it all day, and I actually did, because.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm doing this for research purposes. I'm a journalist. Hey, Portia, Okay, enough of that. So I know who revealed in this episode that he had issues with his famous because.
Speaker 1: His father told Who's his hero? His father told.
Speaker 2: Him about what did. He describe it as like some pill to take that makes your stool soft, gives you like the best sort.
Speaker 1: Of like stool in your life.
Speaker 2: And he took it, and then he went to the bathroom and although when he released thing it felt good, it kept happening and he literally ripped his asshole. Now these are things that I didn't have to know, and I could have spent my entire life not knowing that. But hey, that's why we love Kyo because he would tell us things like that in order for us to have an understanding of why he needs to take a bath.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's Kyle for you. Okay.
Speaker 2: So then they all decided to sit down the table have dinner, and this is when Gavin, let me teach about Gavin.
Speaker 1: This show needs Gavin.
Speaker 2: Because he has no fucks to give, like zero, he has no fucks to give.
Speaker 4: He has no problem being somebody who truly calls things out and calls it out in a moment where it makes people feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: But that's why I like him. I think, I don't know, I think he's great. He just he's super interesting. He's super funny.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, let'sten call it what it is. He knows exactly how to get the party started. He really does.
Speaker 2: He really really does, and that's what makes him such a great reality star.
Speaker 1: So he reveals that Kyle has the upcoming DJ tour.
Speaker 2: And I believe he say hed like twelve or fourteen dates, And the look on Amanda's face was like, are you fucking kidding me? Because Amanda feels like this and Amanda, I got your number, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Call you out.
Speaker 2: Amanda wants to have her cake eat it too. The reason why Kyle feels comfortable treating you this way is because if he has cheated on you the numerous times before you were married and during your marriage, and you're still with him, you teach people how to treat you. He doesn't believe you, baby when you say no, why you haven't left him yet, so he knows that that's not.
Speaker 1: Going to happen.
Speaker 2: And again that's the reason why he is treating you the way he's treating you. So Amanda feels like, look, I'm the only person who is trying to work on his marriage. And because she feels that way, one of the things that's happening too is the fact that she wants to have her friends feel like, Okay, y'all see this person that I'm with and because of that, y'all now understand why we are living separately, which we get it. The problem is this, though you still haven't signed the divorce papers.
Speaker 1: And that's the.
Speaker 2: Reason why he feels comfortable treating you the way he does is because although you moved out of the house, although you got your own apartment duplex in the sky like George Jefferson UEZI, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things because.
Speaker 1: Legally, you guys still are married. Now.
Speaker 2: Granted, with all of that being said, should Kyle have told her, yes, I have tour dates.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 2: So the way she feels is, I'm the only one who's trying to.
Speaker 1: Say this marriage.
Speaker 2: So if you're on tour for twelve or fourteen days, how is that going to make sense for us when it comes to us figuring out our marriage, And that's going to be the thing that is going to make things weird for them, because in her mind she feels like he's moving on and the other thing is this. She also knows that being a DJ, you're going to be around a bunch of hoes. You're a celebrity, you're Bravo, So she already knows it opens sets to me for you to get new hoes and not the hose you brought back to the house at two o'clock in the morning while she will sleep. So that's what she is afraid of, and I get it. But the problem is you moving out of the house. It's not going to change. Based on how he treats you, and that's the thing that Amanda is gonna have to learn. But she's so self absorbed and she I'm not gonna say she plays a victim, because listen, she has every right to feel the way she feels. But like I said, the problem is she definitely feels that everybody should hate Kyle, but.
Speaker 1: They like him.
Speaker 2: And what was interesting at the table, you saw Gavitt and Kenny tried to defend him, and you even saw Kyle get up and laugh because you know, Andrea's like, you know, trying to have his mama with him, and he's like, I don't need his moment, so he gets up and leaves, and then towards the end, it sort of reveals that, like what Danielle did, and Yell highlighted that because Kyle will be djaying and pretty much spending more time out of the house, it will add to his partying and drinking habits, which was the big issue in their marriage. Amanda says, Kyle hasn't wanted to come home since the day we started dating, which again, you accepted it though, and despite what he was doing, he kept doing it. And that's when Andrea was like, look, it's not fair, and that's when Kyle shouted, I don't want to fucking hear it.
Speaker 1: He jumps up from the table and then he leaves.
Speaker 2: And then this is when the girls started to intimate to Gavin and Kenny after trying to defend him that look, his cheating.
Speaker 1: Is still ongoing.
Speaker 2: And the guys were sort of like, well, how I'm going is it?
Speaker 1: And you could tell that they didn't want to say too much, but the divide was already there.
Speaker 2: Well, because the thing is this, what they're trying to figure out is who's the issue Amanda Okay? And that's when it was a revelation that more indiscretions will be revealed based on what happened. And that is what I call a good fucking show. Thank you Gavin for setting shit off. You need gabbed on the show. And Lindsey is great too, But Gavin is.
Speaker 5: Really really really really really really really really really really really good, like really good, really good. So no, I love this show in the city. Let me tell you something, This is the show I need to be watching it really really really is because it's real, it's interesting and for me, I love the fact that these are organic friends, like even seeing how Lindsey and Yvonne unpacked their problems based on Evan than the like you just weren't a good fucking friend.
Speaker 1: You weren't acting like my best friend.
Speaker 2: It's what she was saying, Like, these are conversations that we like versus the petty shit. Not granted, I like the petty shit too now, but to hear their conversations be more about what they're really going through. Even with Danielle wearing a white dress that look pink or pink dress that look white, you know, like, these are things I love. So once again, In the City is the show you need to be watching, because if you're not, you're missing out on a lot. And last, but not least, again, congratulations to the cast and crew of Summer House for their Emmy. Not Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimetz, and a partnership.
Speaker 1: With The Lack Effect Network.
Speaker 2: You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore