Speaker 1: The goal of that is whether we're winning or losing. You want to try to build and maintain winning habits. And I played for a team. I mean my whole college career, I lost ten games.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a humble flex, Tom.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the O G S Playmaker Originals by Draft Games Corey. Thank you for joining the show, My brother, what some boys? How's it going? We covered we covered it earlier.
Speaker 4: You never forget who cooked you?
Speaker 3: We covered it.
Speaker 2: I told you that yesterday killing. You never forget who cooks you Friday? I know you got your keep it keep it clean. He cooked us killing, gave us a thirty ball in DC cook us Killing.
Speaker 4: Natty liked that. I took that person. And you never forget who cooked you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Man got busy on it. He got he got a ratchet.
Speaker 5: Now we're going we're gonna go ahead and rip this bandit off quick though. Yeah, let's just rip the bandit off. We lost the national championship game unfortunately, Michigan State. You guys losing a national championship game to Baylor. But y'all were thirty one and oh going into the game. Talk about the pain of that.
Speaker 1: I'm just like pressure man, pressure at all time high. Like you you don't want to talk about it. It's when you're throwing a no hitter, Like you don't say that, you don't mention it to the picture. We all knew what was going on, We all knew about, you know, the pressure that came with and we're looking at each other.
Speaker 3: Like we got to make this happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember the game before, yes, yes, so like emotional.
Speaker 3: High, feeling great, like on the natty.
Speaker 1: Finally we had to put it behind us and try to put our best foot forward against Baylor, and like they truly just like hit us in the mouth, and like eight minutes into the game we were down by like fifteen or twenty and it was just an up little slog to get back. We couldn't make it happen. Yeah, it burns man to have that record B thirty two and oh would have been like one of the best come on accomplishments of my life. One of the best teams ever, absolutely ever. Yeah, and now we're just kind of like, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Talked about that jam and Sugg shot.
Speaker 2: It was interesting because I did on ESPN, I did a top five all time college game winners, tournament game winners, and that was in my top five.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that was absolutely that was.
Speaker 4: An incredible shot.
Speaker 2: I mean the pressure, the season that you were having, the record that y'all had to knock that shot down.
Speaker 4: I mean, everything that came along with that shot was incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we he single handedly kept a lot, kept.
Speaker 4: The run a lot, Yeah, and a dope shot.
Speaker 1: I mean, freshman only year Gonzaga like all that. Like he it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yes, forgive that whole team.
Speaker 1: So it was you, suggs me, sugs, Timmy nim hard. He can play me too, he can really play. So he trans he transferred in from Florida. Yeah, uh, and he transfer. He wasn't supposed to play that year, and he had like that. You couldn't transfer without sitting out at that point. And he filed the filed the waiver and it got accepted. But before I got accepted, he was on the scout team. And I didn't know much about Andrew. I didn'tatch him play at Florida. And he shows up and it's him and four walk ons and he's frying us all camp long. He's frying us, And like you said, you never forget who fries you. And so when cod when Fewy came in and like told us the news that Andrew's gonna play, We're like, oh, thank god, Like he's on our team now, Like thank god. So, I mean, obviously he helped us out a ton and big reason why we got there, and he's gotten even better and now is an amazing nbable What a dope.
Speaker 4: Team I got an I got another analogy though.
Speaker 2: You talked about the knowledge of all us losing, and I think I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: All of us married our.
Speaker 2: College sweetheart, right, all of us just saying that because they hear.
Speaker 4: All married that sweethe.
Speaker 3: It's a big part of it.
Speaker 4: Bro, Yeah, we all married co swet House. So we all got some sense shout out putting up the show for show seeing seeing the potential early. I damn tee the titter in that line, you know that line.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's America.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest, thank you, domesticating.
Speaker 5: And so we talked about the end of of Gonzaga. Let's talk about the beginning. Obviously, being from Washington, was Gonzaga always like that's where I wanted to go?
Speaker 1: No, not even really. I grew up a University Washington fan. Okay, I watched Brandon Roy and Isaiah Thomas. Those guys were Brandon exact, remember that exactly. And then they recruited me first, so that was kind of like the dream for a while. But then they had their coach was a about ready to move on.
Speaker 3: The coach.
Speaker 1: He was not ready to move on by the time I graduated high school was moving into college, so I didn't want to deal with a coaching change. But gon Zaga kind of stepped in last minute. To be honest with you, it was between them Notre Dame in Virginia and Gonzaga stepped in last minute, and I took the visit out there, and.
Speaker 3: Like immediately knew it was a place for me.
Speaker 1: It's close enough to home where family could come watch, but far enough away while I wasn't going home for dinner every weekend life mom and dad could come to the games and support, but I was also free to like make my own life.
Speaker 3: Do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Wrote down.
Speaker 3: He rode down the highway down exactly.
Speaker 4: When I if I needed to, but far enough away where people weren't showing up at.
Speaker 1: My perfect perfect Yeah, so it was I mean, And then the play style was perfect, the team was amazing. Wouldn't change it for the world.
Speaker 4: Was it always basketball for you growing up? Or did you did you play?
Speaker 3: No? I did everything everything. I did everything. I mean the seasons would change my favorite small. Were you a pitcher? Yeah, I pitched. I pitched a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't play and so I mean I stopped playing when I was seventh grade.
Speaker 3: Eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Probably played football, ran track, play golf, all of them. Yeah, and golf. God damn multi sport, multi sport.
Speaker 3: Yeahs overlapping. Oh yeah, No, I was always doing something wow. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good at golf. That's dope at golf. Nothing to do with that. I can get your drinks.
Speaker 3: I used to be good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Stop stop it, stop it. Huh stop, don't listen to that.
Speaker 2: That's the line. That's the hustle line. Yeah, that's the hustle. Stop that man. You see the man just got a check and you want to hustle.
Speaker 4: Stop that man.
Speaker 3: Congratuations check, but thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Talk about since we're still doing Gonzaga fuse impact on your career and where you're at now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough love first of all, really like yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on. It was on me.
Speaker 1: It was on me, and like from when I was young, Like it took me a long time to earn his trust and it was like a lot of like tough love. He used to call me the dumbest smart kid he knew in the classroom. It was a good student, but like I would always like mess up coverages and like foul people in the wrong in the wrong situations. Like I didn't get the basketball sense. He's like, how can you be the smartest um guy, the smartest literally the smartest dumb guy or the dumbest smart guy I know. But like by the junior year, senior year, like earning his trust and like going through the fire, like him handing you the keys in that program, and like it was the best, but it developed me into the NBA player I needed to be.
Speaker 4: So you're laughing, but I'd be saying the same. I used to say the same thing to Duncan Robinson.
Speaker 2: I love dunk to death, but I was like, God, damn don Like, because for you guys to be able to do what you do, there's a basketball IQ there. We guys got to be able to get open. You gotta be able tonipulate the defense. There's a basketball cute there, but then it's like in some places, its like where did it just go?
Speaker 3: Like? Where did it just here?
Speaker 4: I know you're about you, That's what am I'm looking at you like you know what I'm saying. So that I get that.
Speaker 2: Tell me that about shooters because I asked him the other day why can't shoot his guard shooters?
Speaker 4: Because they all do the same thing to each other.
Speaker 3: So how the hell does it keep working?
Speaker 2: Yeah, job, if you go over top on the floppy, he's gonna bump back.
Speaker 4: Why would you like? How do you guys work? Please?
Speaker 3: Guys? And I want you guys like me.
Speaker 4: How y'all get open on each other? Oh, y'all do the same.
Speaker 5: I will say this though, like elite athletes, I had a better chance against the shooters. In my opinion, I did, like as far as like off screens and floppies and white pan downs. Why there was over jealous people were easy like as a as a shooter, yes, we get beat on certain things, but I was I was I had to know what I was doing on the basket floor and especially defensively. I was gonna funnel ude some way. He was gonna get what No matter what, if you're doing wide pin downs, you're doing any high of movement, you're gonna get something out of it. What do I want him to get? And where's my health?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Like so to me, like if I top side that thing, I know he's gonna get that. We're gonna get corner. But that's what I want.
Speaker 3: But he was over jealousy. I got both of them. If you're getting.
Speaker 5: Very aggressive guy, like I got both, I got off, I got that, I got back door, like I got all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But like shooters is no shooter. It's hard to guard shooting, especially with a motor.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not taking it away from it.
Speaker 1: Guys with motor it's tiring for everybody, no doubt. You know, like shooters that are really like you're talking about Duncan, Like Duncan's just he doesn't stop moving, right, he just doesn't stop. So like doesn't matter how good, it doesn't matter how how good of a shape you're in, Like, it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to run around and guard.
Speaker 5: Got it, you better get about guys like Duncan is like, hey, I'm just forcing that way and because otherwise he's gonna rat race you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: And as I'm processing this right now, you guys are so elite that all you need is a crack, that's it.
Speaker 4: So I you've seen give you that. All you guys need is a crack, because great, if you guys get a crack, he's going up. So I got to give a credit. What credit do?
Speaker 2: It's been so many times where I just see the guys and I'm like, you know, God, damn, well, that's what you That's what you would have done.
Speaker 4: How did you let him do it? That's what you would have done. You would have done the same thing.
Speaker 5: But it's like in the pick and roll, shooting is no different than the pick and roll and creating an advantage, right, you got to give him something. You can't take it all away, right, So it's ultimately, you know, you play with Shane Battier. He's the biggest guy in the world that just looking at numbers and just breaking it down forty one point two percent here.
Speaker 2: If he can just get take down a half yes here the change.
Speaker 5: Ye, shame was nuts with it. He was a leader at it. But it's at the end of the day, that's what we're doing. Okay, all right, I'm on top this dude. The whole game.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 5: But then if you like, at the end of the day again, I mean this, aggressive dudes were the easier ones to score on on ISOs.
Speaker 3: That's totally different.
Speaker 2: So even though so even though you guys score on shooters, it's actually hard to score on another shoot it and it would be over there athletic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because because every shooter thinks the same way.
Speaker 4: Except that's what I was saying, I want to force.
Speaker 3: Him to this if he makes that women, I got past that.
Speaker 5: A great shot, dog, But like the over jealous ones, like like, man, those guys are way easier now when you have to go when they guard you, like on some io stuff, and they're up in your like in your hips.
Speaker 3: That's totally different.
Speaker 5: But shooters off like why down back ashes, I know exactly what that you gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's that's comforting.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm being a little too critically.
Speaker 3: You are. You're looking at us as white dudes.
Speaker 4: It's cool, it's a whole First of all, she said that, I got a question, did you know who he was before we came in? Absolutely trying to tell me you probably don't know who.
Speaker 3: Stop it, You're ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I watched watched that long broke back three pointers. If you don't know nothing about Mike, you remember that moment he before you got here. He probably don't know who I am.
Speaker 3: I'm al ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I bet you. I should have bet you. I should have took the bet too.
Speaker 5: So now that we're talking about that, talk about you know, obviously leaving Gonzaga fifteenth pick right, yes or awesome?
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Growing up inside this Wizard organization and seeing the chain. One thing that you learn real quick is once they start paying those paychecks, it's a profession.
Speaker 3: It's a real job.
Speaker 5: What was who did you lean on as a rookie there to help you kind of guide you through this?
Speaker 3: And now seeing these changes, you know you're gonna have to start helping some of these other young kids. It's all yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you have to. You have to learn how to be a pro fast, real quick. And like we've changed, We've changed multiple times, we have. I've played for two coaches, I've had two front offices, so like change every year pretty much, And like you have to separate the business and the game, and you have to learn that really fast. And so like the two guys that I leaned on for that specifically were KCP.
Speaker 3: He was one of my bets. Great, great guy.
Speaker 1: Helped me a lot through the struggles of the first year that was the year of me, like trying to get on the floor, trying to find minutes make an impact in other ways besides shooting, in order to stay on the floor longer, Like KCP was my guy for that. And then do you guys know the name Anthony Gill Oh, yeah, yeah, I kind of got under our bench, Like you know, one of the best teammates I've ever been around, full stop, and he works his tail off. He is always in the gym. He's in the best shape of anybody on our team, bare barely plays. And so I'm shout out to Anthony a g If you're listening, shout out to you. I got into the gym when I was a rookie and I looked around to see who was working hardest, and it was him out of all of our guys. And so I'm gonna go hang out with him. I'm gonna do what he does and I'm gonna learn from him. And he's just so happy.
Speaker 5: By the way, tip my cap to you for don't understand it as a rookie, as I'm on the side now, on the agent side of business.
Speaker 3: When I help these young kids come in. That's probably a.
Speaker 5: Product of obviously playing the amount of years in college that you did. The young kids understanding end up having that kind of awareness. Okay, who am I gonna identify some myself with?
Speaker 3: Who am I gonna learn from?
Speaker 5: That's gonna leave me in the right direction and not take me the deep waters and drown me right?
Speaker 3: And how how am I gonna get on the floor? That's all to me.
Speaker 5: It was all about and it's about the work in routines and habits and man, tip my hat. Yeah, I mean that's a rookie.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 1: I got really lucky with a G two because he was like a lot of some older guys are like, you're a young dude, you're trying to blow up my spot. I'm not going to give you any help. He was the opposite. He was like, I'm here to help you. I'm here to make you better. He poured advice into me, imported himself into me to help me, and I would just all I was there to do is just take his advice work as hard as he did, and what the cards followed.
Speaker 5: They may people don't understand though, it's a it's a it's a business totally because you have a you have a situation there where fifteen guys are trying to get a spot and what you said right there, and there's none of them are unselfish like that. And so the we talked about it all the time on the conversation obviously our our podcast called ogs. Having real ogs in the locker room are super important. It's like it's leading and guiding and that without without no and being comfortable who we are and what stage of our career we're in. And in Washington, you just haven't had that, really, No, You've had all young players and they keep and they have to that to keep trying to hit in the draft.
Speaker 3: It's part of the deal. It's part of the deal.
Speaker 5: Part of the I gotta give credit to Will and them guys with credit where his credits do. They're starting to get mature, they're starting to get CJ. Mccos, Marcus Smart's, They're.
Speaker 3: Starting to get some of these dudes in here that can help.
Speaker 5: Hopefully, these younger kids are like the trays and the and obviously above from last year and saw like they're helping these dudes.
Speaker 1: So and it's and it's crazy you. I mean, I've been this is your five from gonna be your five for me now And I feel like a vet on this team even though really not like I'm really not. It's like I feel old. But then you like the moment and the moment you bring a guy like Marcus or guy like CJ or Chris Middleton into our locker room, like just their presence and like their presence is like everyone kind of like tightens up, you know, And so it's only a good thing for them, only good thing for us to have them in our locker room. And they just for when they got traded at the deadline to us last year, Marcus and Chris did and we're nothing but helpful.
Speaker 5: So I mean, and now is coming in there too. I mean obviously lose Jordan, but c is coming in there, and it's a it's another one who can help and and that's really good.
Speaker 2: You touched on it earlier, but I mean they're rebuild after Bradley Bill and different things like that. You doing have an opportunity to go four years of college and things like that. How does that help because we don't see that too much anymore, How does that help the maturity of a lot of things that you're gonna deal with because we don't see kids go I see them when I was with Miami playing at og Road.
Speaker 4: They were coming into eighteen and nineteen.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you about what kind of notion you're using where they get the chopsticks?
Speaker 4: Like, hey, man, did you use your Yoda to day this morning? Listen?
Speaker 2: I talking about Rogie when they come in they're so young? You did four years obviously you skipped that. But you're dealing with a whole different set of problems.
Speaker 4: What kind of lotion you use? Your fellow can't come in here with your whole face? Drive? Did you wash your face this morning?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: That on your face? Like, hold on, man, let me get you something. This is what I use.
Speaker 3: This is around you. Come sit down, let me teach you something.
Speaker 2: Stick I used my drives hell going through a whole process that I didn't even know I was gonna deal with.
Speaker 4: He skipped those phrases? Did for your school? You know, you know, you know, lotion like so, but nothing prepares you.
Speaker 2: For the rebuild of losing the star player, the expectations of the fans, all that is different. You think four years of college helped prepare you somewhat, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, what it prepared me for was, like, you want to you're in the rebuild, you're trying, you're trying to build in the future. Maybe wins and losses aren't necessarily the most important thing right now when we're in the rebuild, but you want to the goal of that is whether we're winning or losing. You want to try to build and maintain winning habits. And I played for a team. I mean my whole college career, I lost ten games.
Speaker 6: So like going, coming, in coming in your comy.
Speaker 1: So the goal was to be a part of the rebuild, but bring winning habits that I already knew how to do. I mean, I spent four years winning and know how to win. I know what it takes. And so even being a part of the rebuild, like there's a lot of times where it's super tough and you haven't won in a while, but you're trying to maintain the vision and keep the goal in mind in the future. But you have to be able to stick in to your winning habits and do our best to help those young guys realize that and bring them along with us.
Speaker 2: And that's great that you had when habits coming into that. Yeah, it's some things you're going to learn, but you had for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of right, a little bit of it, and it's it's it is so difficult, like being a part of a rebuilding team. Like people talk about it like it's just kind of something that happens, which it is, but like when you're in the middle of it, it's as a competitor, it's really really hard to maintain.
Speaker 2: Food tastes better when you win it. People don't understand, like, are weird. I could go to the same restaurant, but the next day the food tastes better. If I want the next night we lost it don't taste as good the same meal.
Speaker 5: It's it's really refreshing to hear you talk like that, though, because and I've said this a million times for all young kids coming in this league, is easy to lose in absolutely, yeah, because it's now it's like, Okay, the checks are really really big. We lost it because you're gonna play again in another day, right, Like, and so to.
Speaker 3: Keep keep that petitive spirit.
Speaker 5: Absolutely keep that because it's gonna it's only gonna help not only the organization but yourself because reality situation is it's so like you can't It's not like college. You don't choose who drafts you. You don't choose what organization or locker room you walk into. But once you get in there, like it's it like and we've said this on multiple occasions, one of the biggest reasons I went to Miami was and nothing against other teams I was at every time I laced them up in October, I was I knew I wasn't playing for.
Speaker 3: The actual end goal. That's frustrating.
Speaker 5: And so you say, but losing is easy and you're gonna have some serious conditioning and endurance for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And it's yeah, I mean, it's it's a unique situation to be in. And you see it all the time too, when guys are you know, a part of a part of a rebuilding team and they can maybe get traded the deadline and like, are you win? That's when you that's when you get to show if you're winning, if you've been maintaining your winning habits. Is if you could put into the spotlight right away, or like things change fast in the league, like Oklahoma City was a twenty four win team two.
Speaker 3: Years before won the title.
Speaker 1: Yes, crazy, you got to be a winner right away and so fast, you know, and if you so things things change super fast. And you got to make sure that those habits are sharp and you gotta be ready to go.
Speaker 4: And you guys go on in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm slow what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And that's that's huge.
Speaker 2: That's you to have guys that have been there and knows what it takes every single day because certain things where another guy might be like, oh he's a little off his game today, it's cool, that's not cool.
Speaker 4: Every day I'm on your ass.
Speaker 2: Every day I'm on your ass because you got to act like a champion before you're a champion.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: I was that guy my.
Speaker 2: Last five years of the league, for five six years of the league, whatever it was, I was that guy. I have been one three rings. I know what it's supposed to look like every single day. So whether we have a good day or a bad day, we're still gonna work hard. That's what we're gonna put our working. We only got to be too We only got to work for two hours. You got the rest of the day. Go lay on South Beach, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: We have two hours. We're gonna get somebody of this. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're right. This is our NFL segment presented by Draft Kings. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like Draft Kings is giving the potential to just throw a f what's free book.
Speaker 4: I'm gonn tell you right now this hold up, Hold up, but let me let me tell you why it's not. Okay, go ahead to me.
Speaker 3: This is a future on the NFL teams to make the playoff.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Chicago Bears got a better chance of making the playoffs in the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Clearly Vegas thinks, though, that's a damn lie. Well, well, then, Bennett, which I am.
Speaker 2: I'm betting the Dolphins. The Dolphins at two twenty. I'm taking my dollars two twenty. Yes, I'm taking my Dolphins at plus two twenty. Here we are Tyreek Hill. God, damn, what's he doing?
Speaker 4: What's doing?
Speaker 3: Shop shumping on the wattle? Yeah? Yeah about hey, by the way, an awesome o G guess.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm taking my Dolphins behind the hell of the Dolphins is plus two twenty and the mother Chicago Bears is plus one six made.
Speaker 4: They clearly don't play football.
Speaker 3: They clearly don't play for I ain't gonna watch you.
Speaker 5: I actually agree with you on that because I don't see how the Bears make it out of our the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the Bikings.
Speaker 4: Listen one J.
Speaker 3: J McCarney, stand up. You got all the weapons, bro, stand up JJ.
Speaker 4: Three or five up. The disrespect is six one two. This we get.
Speaker 2: We listen, We're getting. We're getting Feelers back defensive end. Yeah from a knee injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got Chubb coming back from knee injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had to figure out some situations with our secondary, but we got Mika Fitzpatrick back strong in the safety position. I love Mika man Tour has to stay healthy. We shall see a Shane comes back after having a thousand yard season last year.
Speaker 4: Got pieces. That's just disrespectful.
Speaker 5: But I ain't gonna lie to the Vikings his entire deal.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: The Vikings got their offensive line back healthy, they got the best weapon in the world and.
Speaker 3: Doing a l su received man, they got something. Know what the hell is going on with revers and Addison over.
Speaker 5: There gangster too. Then you got our tight ends flexes. He's good man, we were so tough man Minisota Vikings at minus one ten.
Speaker 3: I would like to have it that you ain't make no money money. Hey, there you have it.
Speaker 5: That's our NFL futures presented by DraftKings. My man ud got the Dolphins surprised.
Speaker 7: Fans up the kid over and make sure you use code o GS because this advice right here ain't free hand out free.
Speaker 4: Money, especially if the Dolphins win. You change.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: The Vikings are going on, so don't worry about it, but but use code o GS when you go to.
Speaker 4: Draft can you got to bet your ass to win some money?
Speaker 3: Bet you bet your ass?
Speaker 5: You left killer Because this next segment is so funny.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love our next segment. I love her next sement. Going faster, stronger, longer segments.
Speaker 4: You got displaying the segment to the man.
Speaker 5: All right, so this segment right here, obviously you know rod sparks faster, stronger, longer, spice itself.
Speaker 4: What it is?
Speaker 3: Something? Have to use it something, don't you know?
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody up here using that? We just got the plug I'm saying, just got.
Speaker 5: To build your perfect NBA player prototype using the following categories.
Speaker 4: Speed.
Speaker 5: Who's who would you take? We'll see your GM skills.
Speaker 2: Uh Thompson, My goodness, how we missed that one earlier.
Speaker 4: That's a great that is a great strength. That is a great one.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with another rocket with Steven Adams.
Speaker 4: Pretty solid. We got the.
Speaker 3: More the most rost sparks question.
Speaker 4: Ever, this is crazy, this suld.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Steph. I like that too. I like that. I Q.
Speaker 1: Roll sparksn Lebron Lebron.
Speaker 4: Great jump shot.
Speaker 3: Uh Clay Thompson, gosh damn, you're doing really good. Coach lay lay up package package terrible.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I know that's terrible. Kyrievan, that's good, Unclerew. That's a good player right there. That's a really good player.
Speaker 2: Summertime is here, and it is my favorite time of the year. Ladies come on with them sun dresses and the bikinis and them cheeks out fellas, getting them beach bars in them six packs, ready with them who your Daddy shorts. But that is only one part of it. That is the daytime. Trust me, nighttime is just important. Two things can be true. She can enjoy herself, but not enjoy you. Make sure you handle your business. Ros Spats gonna take care of that. Finish the game. Rospaos is a two and one treatment for you guys that need more controlling rations than the fellas that need a secret weapon. Be afraid to tap in and be your best version now after ROAs Sparks is all one of your tongue. You got fifteen minutes to show time, my boy, hand the la. You could go back to back after round and still be ready. Sound like a championship boxer to me. Go ahead and not that thing out. Trust me when I tell you, if you're good at what you do, you ain't got a brad.
Speaker 4: She'll do it for you, my boy.
Speaker 2: Roast Spars will connect you one hundred percent online, so you don't have to be in weird rooms with weird people you don't know, telling them you can't get in erection long enough and stay hard enough to God their alegion woman. If approved treatsment shows up directly to your doe, play boy, you can handle your business immediately. If prescribe sexual health patients will get fifteen dollars off their first order of sparks on a recurring plan. Connect with the provider at road dot cole slash OG's to find out if roast box are right for you. That's our ol dot coo slash ogs for fifteen dollars off your first order compound. The drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but if not FD approved and do not undergo FDA saxty. For safety information, go to road dot co slash safety Info.
Speaker 4: I got a fan question. Okay, even though before we get to these.
Speaker 2: Fan questions, and I understand that you guys are rebuilding, but you guys got some good pieces. The East is wide open. Yeah, it's the expectation issue. What's the vibe? I see you guys, it's a little coature being created. You're out here not to play, You're out here to support your guys. First, these first creating.
Speaker 4: The coaches where you're absolutely it's way easier when you play next to your brother as opposed to just a guy that you call your teammate, So you create that brotherhood connection. So you're out here doing that and buying in. How do you see you guys like, Yeah, and be honest. You know what I'm saying. I don't want you to say like, oh, I think you think y'all gonna get a suc seed and you think you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: A Well, I mean to touch on what you said first, like playing with your brothers, Like not only are you like playing with your brothers makes you lay it on the line even more, but also like when you have that high quality relationship with the people you're playing with, like you can hold people accountable more. You know, you're coming from a good place, and like that's kind of a role that I'm stepping into now as more of a vet on my team, is like create the relationship and then hold them accountable to a high.
Speaker 4: Standard perfect just the way you do it and just the way you do it.
Speaker 1: With our roster right now, I mean we have we have a lot of young dudes and a lot of moving parts. We've been pretty active this summer so far. So first of all, to see how this team shakes out. And then I mean the main goal is like truly just to like develop and maintain winning habits, like wherever that leads us as far as record goes, Like we need to make sure guys get better when they're in our room or in our locker room and our our gym. Make sure they're having a good time and feel like pushed while they're there, and show these fans that, like, we're really building towards something that's you're going to.
Speaker 2: Run a team when you're done, no chause, listen. I love the fact that he said to create the relationship. You are so ahead of the game because when I first came into the league, it wasn't about relationship, was about a go get my job, go do this. Nowadays you have to create these relationships. So when you step to these young guys and you want to say something to them, they feel comfortable even listening to you. You know what I'm saying, because of the relationships that you built with you got to take that time, whether you playing golf PS three I said, PS three, Yeah, whether it be golf, he has five.
Speaker 4: Saying, but those relationships, though, I'm happy you tapped into that.
Speaker 3: Man, run a team with you. It's road sparks.
Speaker 5: Build a player was elite, okay, But then the way you're team you know, you're talking about the stuff you're talking about identifying man like that is that will always be the case.
Speaker 3: It will never change for sure, like it's never changed.
Speaker 2: I think people miss that though, and I think that's where that's what the power of the guys in the locker room happened.
Speaker 4: Because at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day, if your coach has to be the one to hold you guys accounta with every day you guys in trouble, should come from somebody within that locker room. Somebody has created a relationship because every one of us has heard the coach say something roll I don't want to Yeah, I don't want to that. I will kill you like you can't play. You still use the exits and those guys. But when I come to you and say he comes to you and say it's different, that makes different.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I'm happy you're talking about that, because so many times people are saying the coach this, and the coach that.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, they ain't even got the right person there.
Speaker 2: Before we start firing coaches, we quick the fire coaches name we got the right person in that. Don't even look good at you, So mappy you said that that accountability in the locker.
Speaker 5: Room in the playoffs, I have a fan question too, just hearing you talk right now. I was big on routines and habits and work right, So it's the only reason I lasted seventeen seasons. Last three I fooled, but fourteen I was pretty strong. Yeah, but I want to know, like, what's your summer looked like, what's your what are your habits?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: What do you because one thing I will say, and I want to tip my hat tea on tuess you've completely you've you've grown your game in the four years you've been in there, Yes, and I think that's super important. But I think the next step for you is going to be is okay now once we get to that growth side.
Speaker 3: All right, now, how.
Speaker 5: Am I going to want lasts as long as possible because you're gonna have phases in his career where you know, you used to be on the ball and doing stuff and now it's okay. So I want to know what you're like, your summer looks like, what your what's your daily work looking like?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Treatment lift back back?
Speaker 3: Indeed, where are you at where you live? I live in Phoenix? Off? Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh man?
Speaker 3: Nice, Okay, thank you? Yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: That you go ahead it again with that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, So it's treatment, lift and shoot five times a week, and you know it's three kind of like heavier strength power lifts and two kind of maintenance stuff like making sure I'm on top of my body. I want to feel really really good and feel really healthy all summer. It's not necessarily like pushing yourself, like you're in the season and you don't want to be sore all the time. You gotta feel really good so you can make those games and strides. And like it's starting to move a little bit different for me this these coming summers versus what they used to be. Like the last couple of summers were like how can I add to my game? How can I add this? How can I add that? How can I get better at this? And now I kind of feel like I see the vision of the kind of player I'm going to be in the NBA. Like there's levels to where I can get to, but the but the kind of the picture of the player that I can be is already clear. So now it's just like how do I tighten the screws and how do I just make the little marginal games and get better at this or this? Or just kind of slightly better here, or like for me personally, Like now it's like, how do I change my mentality when I come on the floor, Like I need to be super aggressive taking more shots, aggressive, confident, Like this shot that I'm shooting, it's tough.
Speaker 3: It's this is a tough shot for other people, but I can make it.
Speaker 1: I need to take it. It's gonna help our team. Like that's the kind of stuff that I'm working on now.
Speaker 3: To your volume will be huge, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, just up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like instead of shooting five threes a game, four and a half threes a game and a half.
Speaker 3: Even, Like I.
Speaker 2: Mean, the crazy thing about that is just like even if you guys are hotter, you're not how defense reacts to you guys and benefit on your team. How defense are going to react to the way you guys are playing and you guys being aggresive and aggressive level that you guys, somebody's gonna benefit from that on you absolutely.
Speaker 3: Little O G advice I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 4: Oh you're taking og advice today.
Speaker 3: No we're not done yet, but I'm a.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 3: You know I can get no.
Speaker 5: But here here's the reality is like having a great awareness of your team.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Once you have a great awareness of your team, what you guys have understanding where your shots come from. Like at the end of the day, like I tell people all the time, like, yes, take those first couple of.
Speaker 3: Years to grow your game. You said it perfect.
Speaker 5: Once you know where your shots are coming from. Now it's it's a thousand of them every day because now you got to be a master at it. When you start going from thirty nine to forty one to forty three and then all of a sudden, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, man, yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But but what I always I have an argument with the people when they work in the summertimes.
Speaker 3: That's why I asked the question.
Speaker 5: Is once you identify where your shots are, I'm shooting that shot ten thousand times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I and now and now.
Speaker 5: When I get in the game, like I'm like, I missed that is the hoop move?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean is it actually ten feet? Yeah? It's just muscle memory. So understand that.
Speaker 5: So look at your team, Understand your roster, Understand how your coach wants to play. Okay, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get I should get twelve shots right here this game, every game game and now now I'm gonna shoot that ten thousand times.
Speaker 2: Translate it for the civilians at home. Yeah, because we see it Instagram. Start working on that. I'm tired of watching it on Instagram. Watching people work on. They know they ain't gonna doing the game. You're going through your whole bag and all you do is road to the rim of cash love. And it's okay because you can make a hundred million doing that. You you said a bunch of people working on they're never gonna do in the game. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: I don't Isn't it funny how you got to show that you help somebody win? And then funny how like.
Speaker 1: The higher you get in basketball, like the higher levels you go to, the more specialized people become, yes, and the more simple it is. Like there's like thirty guys in the NBA that get to do whatever they want.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's it hit the game.
Speaker 3: So if you thirty is almost too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so like if you're if you're not one of those thirty guys, and like that's truly rare and they know who they are Apollo and those guys are working on everything every summer.
Speaker 4: They got the road they want. Everybody got the road they have.
Speaker 5: After about three years, it was first of all, I was team backing g O. Okay, how do I When I got that, I told story on the og before like I got drafted there I was thank god I was a fifth pick. I get in there with T mec and G Hill and the first time I played pickup, I call my dad, I leave. I said, Holy the stuff I was good at. They're way better than yet, Like, they're more athletic, they're quicker, they're faster, twick, So like, okay, what can they do?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me do that.
Speaker 5: And that's when I went to making a thousand threes everyday because I'm like, okay, this is how I much to stick.
Speaker 3: And you started realizing that though on Once you start realizing the.
Speaker 5: Man, it makes a game a lot of a lot easier and it makes you stay seventeen years, twenty three hundred and sixty two years. He's literally seventy four years old and just retied lest Year's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: But that's a credit. Yeah, it's a credit.
Speaker 1: H I mean yeah, Like, how do you stick that long? You have to know it's literally sixty four and retired.
Speaker 3: Lest Yeah, and he practices to stay with the heat.
Speaker 4: He's old.
Speaker 3: Did you practice that with the heat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I appreciate movie so good. Yeah, gosh, went well, I look good. Yeah, lookd hey hey this dope fast hat bro. Thank you appreciate that. Yeah, yeah, okay, last fan question for me? What's your handicap on off?
Speaker 1: I'm a one and a half. Oh, you're one point five.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know you don't know what that I was gonna you see me looking okay, Yeah, what's that means?
Speaker 3: I know you don't know what that means. That means he's hovering around par every time he plays.
Speaker 5: Oh and by the way, he's actually under park quite a bit because the handicaps is crazy crazy a little bit of this.
Speaker 3: So if you go play them on what are you? What do you remember in the Phoenix?
Speaker 1: I'm not a member anywhere in Phoenix. I got a lot of friends.
Speaker 4: Remembers I played that kind of you're a pretty.
Speaker 3: Smart coach, coach, Coach, you're pretty smart coach. Yeah, because here's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 5: He's gonna he's gonna get all something else's private playing he's gonna get golf course.
Speaker 1: Making me sound real cheap now, no realt what I was, Yeah, I got playing here.
Speaker 4: What I told him yesterday.
Speaker 2: If he made one hundred and thirty five men, hes gonna die with one hundred and thirty three, he might have spent two has been to million out of one hundred and thirty five, he might have spent too the PSD.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's my dog.
Speaker 3: There you go. One more.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get one fan question though, who are your top five maybe players of all time?
Speaker 1: My favorite player ever growing up was Ray Allen.
Speaker 3: Okay, we played from Seattle.
Speaker 1: We played with Jesus, Yeah, Jesus from from Seattle. That was golden age. Love watching him play. I mentioned Clay earlier. He was the one I watched like film of growing up as I was getting into high school and college, and.
Speaker 3: He had one of the most beautiful Jon does. Yeah. I mean it's just like linear. It's perfect, simple, compact.
Speaker 4: Graduation Clay, no doubt that given a week way.
Speaker 5: Yes, Clay, what we're talking about, we're talking about it is a road sparks segment.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 3: So that's two Rayla Ray Clay.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of like it's all like personal connections for me, I guess I have met and worked a lot, worked out with and worked a lot with John Stockton.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, the way.
Speaker 5: Legend for all you young that man was one of the toughest dudes in the league.
Speaker 1: Absolutely pair perfectly look like bad boy exactly exactly. I'm trying to kind of go back a little bit to like when I was growing. I would I would probably say, like I mean, seeing Katie get better and change throughout his career with the injuries and everything, like, he's just like a pure hooper.
Speaker 3: You have to admire.
Speaker 5: See Katie, thank goodness, blessings every summer usually, and I bring all my I try to bring my my clients around him because to see his work and the way he takes care of like his work. Yeah, at eighteen years in now, whatever it is, he hasn't like it. That's that's all he does. That it's all all he does.
Speaker 2: That's a great one the last four years fifty forty ninety And the only way he missed ninety because he shot eighty seven from the free throw that's.
Speaker 3: Only missing that's missing.
Speaker 4: He shot like eighty six percent from the free throw line. In the last one of the four years. If not, he's fifty.
Speaker 3: Forty nine years and that counts in my book. Yeah, I agree, you know, I agree. Who's your fifth?
Speaker 1: I really another, I mean another one, I feel I mean, it's all modern guys, and I feel like I played against him, so I feel bad picking them. But like just watching watching Luca play and watching him like redefenses just like things just so slow, Like I can get the game to be as slow as he feels like it is. I'm in a really good spot.
Speaker 4: Some of the passes that he makes.
Speaker 2: It's only like two guys that make passes like that in the pocket, him and Braun. Like the past they make in the pocket, like whipping it all the way to the weak side corner with the left hand, Yeah, all the way to getting down, all the way.
Speaker 3: In the pain behind his head, Yeah, this way over here.
Speaker 2: Nobody making them passes, man Like, it's crazy to me how they make.
Speaker 4: Those pass in the pocket. And that's why they need a lot big So good luck Lakers.
Speaker 3: Did they get one coach who Lakers don't do that?
Speaker 4: I'm asking question, But that man want to get to his spot and jab and shooting. He's in the ball. You as got to roll the catch lobs and play defense.
Speaker 2: The ball is going to Luca, then Bron and Austin Reeves and nobody giving him the ball to get in the mid.
Speaker 4: Range and do all this.
Speaker 2: And that's not that's not what it's not to say he can't do that, But that's not what unlocks the best version of their best players. And that's not what they need, like the size, because they need size, rimp protector.
Speaker 3: You need that. You said you said one name in there. Is he going to be there?
Speaker 4: Hey man, Hey, listen, two things can be true.
Speaker 2: Now he can he can rightfully deserve an opportunity to play for a championship his last year.
Speaker 4: But the Lakers also but the Lakers.
Speaker 2: News and he's only got one you left on the deal, So I don't know what he does after this ship. But this is his last year on his deal, so he can rightfully so want to play for a championship. That's his right. Le Bron James were talking about the Man, say the Lakers, it was fifteen years before they want anything until the Man came and they got the bubble ring.
Speaker 4: So let's let's go. Let's give credit. What credit do but another thing can be true.
Speaker 2: It is time for somebody else to step in and take over the realm of the Lakers nation. And you make a trade for a god like Luca Doncis, you have to build around that. So that's nothing against Bron, that's nothing against the that's nothing against the decision that the Lakers was making. I wish they'd be able to meet in the middle and make both sides happy, but I don't know if that's realistic. As basketball players, you know this, killer, we want to feel wanted. We want to feel appreciated. We want to feel like we're getting our value and that you appreciated us. We don't feel that way. It's hard to get us back once we check out and we don't feel wanted. We don't feel appreciated for what we did for the organization in the city. Give what you tell us in that movie. It's hard to rule us back in it is, bro. And once we're not our best Yeah, bro, once we're not our best version. Mentally, you ain't gonna get our best version on our basketball court. So a disgruntled Lebron's James, knowing how much of a connector he is in the locker room, how much of a leader he is to his teams. They have a disc runder Lebron James to not have that part of him, not the full package.
Speaker 4: You're doing yourself a disservice, and you're doing Bron one too.
Speaker 3: One more fan question for me.
Speaker 4: Man, you may have this many fan questions. I'm a fan of yours too. He's a fan of yours too.
Speaker 5: What have you seen the game the way the game has changed in just the four four years you've been playing.
Speaker 1: I would say, I mean especially more recently, like if you watch the playoffs this year, what I noticed the most is how much pressure there is, Like I mean like guys are picking up full coordinators like you never to see that, and it's just like it's not it's not like crazy frenetic like intense pressure, but it's like just a little bit all game long, and if you're not sharp, it's gonna wear on you and wear on you and wear on you. And you saw like that's how Indy made it to where they did, is they had like three or four cards that they could just rotate in and pressure about.
Speaker 3: You all game long.
Speaker 5: So physical physicality is most I've ever seen. We just talked about just playing basketball, and I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I think it was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it was just And we said this, it was like hard to get the inbounce passed inside out bounce like like that Indiana. Okay, see that was the most physical seen in a long time.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love it. That damn fire beating out of here.
Speaker 3: I know you love it.
Speaker 4: I love it. I know you live foul if he ain't, yeah, all right, I had but listen.
Speaker 2: I got this from Derrick coleman Man when I first got in the lead man, Dereck Coman fied me.
Speaker 4: I looked at it.
Speaker 2: I say, damn, d C, you tried to hurt me, They said, young Feli, I tried to hurt you, wouldn't been able to get up.
Speaker 4: I say, you know what, d C.
Speaker 2: Respect, If I try to hurt you out, I ain't got no more. I have nothing else to say. So that's that's that's the era I come from. That's how I think if if I wanted to hurt you as you would not get up. You're not You're not getting up. I know how to hurt somebody that ain't hug that's easy.
Speaker 3: Hey, before we get him out of and give us some O G advice og Man.
Speaker 2: I feel like he was already given the O g if I shoot the shooter, y'all talk about it. I was a powerful I played defense, which I don't know what you was doing, but he was on the defensive side.
Speaker 5: I knew were a funnel. Now I'm a funnel you somewhere, yes, and now so I'm either got to do his job.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got play man.
Speaker 4: I think he should get O g.
Speaker 3: If I for you today, I'm gonna take from some of the stuff you said.
Speaker 5: The biggest thing that and I kind of broke it down earlier, is like identifying who you are and what team you're on. How do I how do I create longevity by doing that one? But I liked what you said, man up and volume, understanding where you're at, Like I would love to see you shoot eight three is a game next year, right, It's gonna up your percentage.
Speaker 3: Is gonna do all those things for you.
Speaker 5: The confidence and coming in there with like understanding that and letting these young kids know from the beginning, because what happens is everyone understands change, right, And so if you come in there and you're passive from day one.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be passive. If you're gonna be passive game seventy yep.
Speaker 5: Right, So, because you gotta understand the guys that are walking to the locker room now, trays and the buve like, they all they're all still trying to learn it too, and the veterans that set the standard and the table.
Speaker 3: Right, and it is crazy to say this.
Speaker 5: But you're damn you're a vet on this team now because you've been around them and understanding that. Now, if you do those if you do those things, man like, that's for everybody out there though, because you're you're training to be great, but you're training, you're doing smart training.
Speaker 3: I did the same workout.
Speaker 5: For fifteen years because I knew who I was, and yeah, these are other things I could have done, sure, but what was gonna keep me.
Speaker 3: There for seventeen seasons?
Speaker 5: Yes, And and you know, as you start building your career out and understanding your career, those.
Speaker 3: Things are going to change even more.
Speaker 5: Right, hopefully when you're fifteen, sixteen, seventeen years in, Yeah, I'll be a catch sshoe guy. Yeah that's cool. We'll just keep building on those habits. And those routines. Man, you do those things, bro, you'll you'll be smooth.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I appreciate you coming on here.
Speaker 4: Going on love, respect and everything you guys and all the process of rebuilding.
Speaker 3: I'm playing. I ain't playing, you know.
Speaker 4: If you the one that had man, I want to see him kick your.
Speaker 5: Advice open man. That's a Draft Kings segment that next time. All right, man, oh, geez out. Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Thanks boys, Im