Speaker 1: Ridiculous crime is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Zaren?
Speaker 3: Oh what Zaren? I know you Zaren Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know what's ridiculous?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm sitting over here hoping you'd ask me that. Yes, the fine print, it is pretty ridiculous. You know. They say you can hide a lot in the fine print. Yeah, do you know that Disney right now? Have you seen this? But they're trying to hide in the fine print that do you have Disney Plus? I have Disney Plus so I can watch like the show. Yeah, right, So if you have that, Disney says that you have signed away your rights to sue them, because in that agreement that you signed for Disney Plus says like, oh, I will not indemnify Disney for da da DA, And in that they are now currently trying to get out of a lawsuit someone filed because their their their spouse passed away at Disney World. They went to Epcot Center and then she had a food allergy and and passed away. So the husband is trying to sue Disney about this, and Disney's like, nope, you're a Disney Plus member, which means we're indemnified against this. So the hundred and fifty million Disney plus members are being told all collectively at once that you have no legal protections if you go to Disneyland, Disney World, you're a Disney Epcot center so forth. It's one of the silliest like legal wranglings you will ever see. And like people are just like absolutely floored by it, and uh, you know, the judges have that have been snarky about it, the lawyers have been snarky about it. The lawyer for the defendant said that it was absolutely preposterous. So there you go. I think ridiculous is really the word.
Speaker 2: All of like the terms and conditions that.
Speaker 3: We hold to all the time, never read, never read them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can hide whatever they want in there, Like.
Speaker 3: I could be I could be signing away like my first, second, and third born children and never read it and maybe you show up and I'm like another.
Speaker 2: One, Like guess I gonna have another.
Speaker 3: Sorry, honey, I got to read the small print.
Speaker 2: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what else is ridiculous?
Speaker 3: What's what I came here for?
Speaker 2: Fighting while wearing flip flops?
Speaker 3: Oh my thing?
Speaker 2: And this is ridiculous crime a podcast about absurd and outrageous capers. Heis and cons it's always ninety nine percent murder free and one hundred percent ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Damn right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, you ever been on a cruise?
Speaker 3: What I look like like I got I got cruise money. I look like I got cruise money, Elizabeth, No, I've never been on a cruise.
Speaker 2: D have you ever been on a cruise?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got married on a cruise. Oh no, he got cruise money.
Speaker 2: He's got cruise money.
Speaker 3: Okay, I see how it is planning.
Speaker 2: Okay, some people are super into cruising.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: It's their main method of vacationing. I've been on two.
Speaker 3: See, you got cruise money too. I guess. I guess I'm the only one here.
Speaker 2: I didn't pay for either one. Okay, it was gifted to me as a family thing. Get on here, come with the crew, watch these kids, babysitter. It was good. It was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, did you recommend it to me someone has never been on a cruise? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that like I did one that was an Alaskan cruise, and it's like a pretty good way to see what you want to see up there. And then Mexican Riviera one really was like, uh, you know, up and down the Pacific.
Speaker 3: You're hitting like Mane TV.
Speaker 2: That was actually kind of fun. It was, it was kind of fun. So like I can see the appeal, like you only have what you're telling me, not really, you only have to unpack once. Well, like you know, if you see all these places, but you only have like one basically hotel room.
Speaker 3: People talk about that pack on trips, I.
Speaker 2: Don't bring anything.
Speaker 3: Do you take your clothing out of your suitcase and put it into like the drawers that are supplied? No, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: On work stuff like I would hang things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do that, I hang a suit or something.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, so anyway, unpacked some people totally I mean they put like in the droll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen the movies from the fifties. People still do that.
Speaker 2: I guess. I like to live out of the bag. If you got to run, if there's a fire, you got to make a run for it. First of all, wear pants.
Speaker 3: I took a trip last week. I still have an unpacked You just let it sit. I'm gonna I'm working out of it. Eventually it'll be empty. So I'm just well, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people too, like their ultimate vacation is just like sitting by the pool zone and out and cocktails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 2: That's the main feature of a cruise. As far as I understand the relaxation. You don't have to like learn another language, even if you're going to places where they don't speak.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, they kind of funnel you into English.
Speaker 2: You don't have to eat unfamiliar foods, you know, because it's just their restaurants on there. It's not really my ideal way of traveling. Like I like to be immersed in a new place. I like people watching on vacation.
Speaker 3: Gotta be crazy people watching on the boat.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I'm talking about like at the destination. I like to go to grocery stores to see, like what is it like look at us.
Speaker 3: I do the exact same thing. I've been to all the grocery stores. Everywhere I go. I have opinions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see weird products.
Speaker 3: Like the albert Heine and Amsterdam. I love that grocery store.
Speaker 2: It's amazing you get to I like to try new food or just like absorb the vibe of the place.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Every little helps. I'm not really one for sitting by a pool, and I'm not a cocktail sipper.
Speaker 3: I like cocktails in a pool.
Speaker 2: It's like for me, just peeing yourself. So for me, cruises aren't a good fit. But like I said, the two that I've been on weren't bad at all. Yeah, interesting ways to see things. But I'm also like not big on crowds.
Speaker 3: That's what I was wondering, you don't seem I.
Speaker 2: Like to take vacations in what they call the shoulder season between like the heavy travel season and the off.
Speaker 3: Season shoulders off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then or I like to go in the off season too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: I'll do anything to avoid a crowd. Same, it's basically and you can't avoid crowds.
Speaker 3: Luckily, crowds avoid me, so I'm in luck.
Speaker 2: See you're lucky. I'm I'm at the point now where I'm like invisible, but they don't avoid me. Like I have this thing you Yeah, like I've noticed walking on the sidewalk, I have this new challenge that I give myself, Like if I see a guy walking towards me, like a man.
Speaker 3: Oh, he'll look right out and he'll look at you okay, and I'll.
Speaker 2: Play a chicken eye contact. Yeah, And I find that men usually don't move over what reason I don't know, and so I just strong yeah, and we like smack.
Speaker 3: Should they're kidding me?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: What are they doing? Who are these ungentlemen?
Speaker 2: Know? But I heard it like because I realized I.
Speaker 3: Was the exactly opposite response. Obviously they all get me like arms like the shark moving through Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like I heard someone talking about it, and then I realized, you know what I do, step out of the way all the time, really, and like I start, I stopped doing that and like smacked in the shoulder.
Speaker 3: Throwing a little shoulder forward to go, dude, knees and get low exactly explode up. So I don't want my football coach here.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't have to do that their if the cruise ships are crowded, of course, even those like Viking river.
Speaker 3: Cruises, the diseases don't they have with the son the river cruises seem nice.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw a bunch of those folks depeched airport and looked miserable, and they had like I.
Speaker 3: D land, But the big placards and on their.
Speaker 2: I don't wear ID badge like full stop. No, I'll hold it and show people, but then I put it. I don't wear a lanyard. Get out of here.
Speaker 3: I take the stickers they gave it. I put them right on my forehead.
Speaker 2: That's good, is what you wanted. But so to those that love cruises, to them, I say God bless. Of course I have family that takes cruises. Every year anyway, twenty twenty three, thirty one point seven million people took cruises.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's globally. That's up from the pre COVID year twenty nineteen. Like it's it fell off during COVID and then it's just shot right back.
Speaker 3: Of course, everyone's like, oh, I got to get back.
Speaker 2: Neither norovirus or novel coronavirus can keep folks from.
Speaker 3: The open seas, no fear.
Speaker 2: The biggest cruise ship in the world is Royal Caribbean's Icon of the Seas.
Speaker 3: Oh is that the one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it weighs like almost two hundred and fifty thousand tons. It's like twelve hundred feet long.
Speaker 3: Do when they park in San Francisco, they park right by the you know, the pier, you know, at the you can see it from the bridge going into the city. And if you go, I ride my bike over there and you ride past it, it looks like two skyscrapers have fallen over and are like lying on top of each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're huge, This this big one, the icon of the seas twenty six hundred passengers and twenty three hundred and fifty crew members on one vote, twenty decks, twenty decks. He is terrifying the here twenty decks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot happens on these ships, like as I've said before, twenty As I said before, where there's people, there's crime, of course, and there's a whole lot of people on there baby bumping. So before I get to what happens on the ships, let me tell you about some shore side bad behavior.
Speaker 3: Okay please.
Speaker 2: So obviously these ships visit these like really nice tropical ports, places like Antigua. In September of two thousand and nine, six US citizens went to shore in Antigua for the day while their cruise ship was important. So they hire a cab. They're like, take us around the island, give us a tour. The driver's like cool, fifty bucks you know, and I'll take you. I'll drop you off at the end at Fort James Beach. It's like ten minute from the boat. Yeah. So the car pulls into Fort James Beach and the driver's like, all right, hundred dollars, but he had quoted him fifty one hundred dollars please. And so I should be noted that, according to like the transportation board there, the official one way taxi fare from the capital city of Saint John's to Fort James is twelve dollars per car of four people. Oh wow, Yeah, and the island isn't that big. The capital's population is just a little more than the number of people on the icon of the seas. So it should also be noted, though, that this was not a one way taxi trip for four. It was a tour for six. They hit up a bunch of island sites. I feel like one hundred dollars is fair for that.
Speaker 3: I totally thought that.
Speaker 2: But I live in an area where Deli sandwiches are like fifteen dollars and that gallon of gas is like five, So what do I know. The group, though, they start to argue with the driver. Driver's name Joey hungry Bird. Medica get hungry hungry Bird.
Speaker 3: Is that a street name? Do people call him hungry bird or is it mister hung.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was mister hungry bird. They argue with hungry Bird, okay, and so he's like, hold on a second, and he drives directly to the police station. Sensible. But that's when things popped off.
Speaker 3: I never expect a man named hungry Bird to do.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: A fight broke out at the police station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the cops come out to hear the dispute, and it was they, not Hungry Bird, that wound up mixing it up with the tourists. They so the tourists they interested held the station. They got held over the weekend. I bet they were one of the four female passengers. She shows up in court later limping, and her attorney's like, well, that's because she mixed it up with the cops. That's what they did. But like a bunch of cops got injured.
Speaker 3: Huh. Yes, So they were throwing those hands everybody well.
Speaker 2: And obviously the ship didn't wait for them and left without them. They had to surrender their travel documents. They had to pay five thousand dollars each in bail to the magistrate's court. They had to appear in quart a week later to you know, face these charges. Blab blah bah busted. Basically, Yeah, this writer Jim Walker, this is what he had to say about bad behavior of cruise customers. Quote all of the cruise lines register their vessels in places like the Bahamas or Panama, where they quote regulatory authorities are more than willing to look the other way as long as the cruise lines fill their coffers with US dollars. The cruise line mentality of avoiding US taxes, US labor and wage laws, and US safety regulations often leads to reckless and inexcusable behavior.
Speaker 3: I've heard this. Also, aren't a lot of the ships registered at Liberia. And then it's like all these places that are like Panama Libraria in particular stuff we're created by American desires for wealth building. So like these are countries that are just created by that. So I figure they're good at Rubber Stanbell.
Speaker 2: And there's this other writer, Paul ash He said that discounted tickets invite rowdier passengers. Oh yeah, and so he speculates over what happens when quote the happy and careless rich collide with the hungry and resentful poor.
Speaker 3: Oh about that? Sure, are they? Okay?
Speaker 2: So this is what Carnival CEO Mickey Arrison believes. Quote Cruise ships are a microcosm of any city or any location, and stuff happens. The negatives of discounting might be less commissioned for agents and less revenue for us, but the positive is it opens up the product to a wider audience.
Speaker 3: He doesn't mean that it covers our bottom line.
Speaker 2: Happen.
Speaker 3: We make sure we make enough on your quote.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting though that they're kind of going after those who want the discounted tickets. It's just like the riff raff bastly basically is this.
Speaker 3: To fill up the floors. The people who have the money for the tickets they intend to sell won't take so they're just kind of like, here's this the like you know, if you go to a stadium that has a blocked seat, you know, like, oh here.
Speaker 2: You get to constructive view exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then that author Ash said quote, I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than go on holiday with five three hundred and ninety nine other people. Imagine the rush for the boats or taxis during shore excursions. Imagine the stress of finding a space by the pool or queuing for dinner. One may as well go to the med and scrap with the Russians and Germans for sun loungers. No wonder people get punchy. Who wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Is this what it's like?
Speaker 2: You know, I say, I haven't experienced that, but I think it's like when he's saying, like you want to go fight the Russians and the Germans for your son lash chairs.
Speaker 3: I got that.
Speaker 2: Basically, we're just saying people are just horrible everywhere, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And also when they're in vacation, they give themselves licensed to even work.
Speaker 2: And because you have this notion in your head of what the vacation's going to be, the fantasy you want it to be, it's never going to be that totally, and so you try so hard to make all these things come together, and there are all these other people interfering with your fantasy.
Speaker 3: The stress is like looking out for your family or your money, either.
Speaker 2: One exactly, and the money you've spent on it. So like sometimes it's not the people on the boat but the boat itself that causes trouble. August of twenty sixteen, the Carnival vessel Vista left the port of Messina sicily, and it did so like a drunken cruise passenger. Yeah. The Messina has like a protective zone like kind of sea shaped for the large vessels and ships. At the entrance and x exit of the port, there are these piers that provide mooring and then like protection for small boats. So the Vistas leaving port comes super close to the piers, so much so that the wake turned over the piers and then swamped all these smaller vessels, sinking a bunch of them. Oh god, and that was just the wake. Like people on the ship thought that they actually hit the piers because it was so loud and like, But the vessel just throws a lot of water around. The captain couldn't blame the weather, perfect sunny colmdown herself. There were no announcement afterward from the captain about what happened. So people are looking off this and seeing it just destroyed the fort exactly, and they didn't stop.
Speaker 3: Of course that that's the whole point.
Speaker 2: And locals were a year.
Speaker 3: I can't turn sorry, I gotta keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Locals were absolutely livid. The Italian newspapers went after them. The Vista damaged two concrete piers, sank several boats, quote under the astonished gaze of several citizens. Uh and then they said quote for a moment, it was feared that the situation could escalate and that the same cruise ship might not be able to straighten the course and regain the open sea. So it was so like wobbawe coming out of there. They just you know whatever, two hundred and fifty thousand euros in damage. Oh yeah, and so you know we have these these like the boats are so are you know, causing all this havoc. But let's let's stroll away from like the philosophical discussions about commerce and tourism, sure zaren, Let's talk about brawls.
Speaker 3: Oh I love this.
Speaker 2: September of twenty twenty two, someone we did quote brawl on Carnival cruise ship. Fight was over a lounge chair. Well hell yeah, brother, let's hear it. So turns out thirty people mixed it up after one person allegedly took a lounge chair from another passenger.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're.
Speaker 2: Fighting over lounge chair. Thirty people. One passenger who was there said, quote, all I know is I was filling my cup up with lemonade, then boom they were knucking and bucking' You just had to be there and then.
Speaker 3: Did you give this quoteth honest?
Speaker 2: In the video of it, you can hear someone in the backers around saying that's a move.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like the thing is, I've had knuck if you buck in my head for days now thanks to that quote.
Speaker 3: I give that to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you head, you knucking and bucking. All right, So here's another brawl. August twenty ten, the blog cruisejunkie dot com read All the Time Right published an account from a passenger on the Carnival Dream thirty six hundred people capacity. Quote, we were on the Carnival Dream sailing eight seven to eight fourteen, that's August seventh to August, thank you, and heard that a brawl broke out in the dance club around three am on the morning of the twelfth. We heard from passengers and a bartender that the brawl started over a song. It involved so many young people, men and women that the security on board was unable to handle everyone and had to call in assistance from waitstaff and other crew members. The fight spilled over into the art gallery located next door, and apparently a ten thousand dollars painting was ruined with blood splatter. Whoa flat screen TVs were smashed and there was a lot of damage done. We heard the people on the ground were getting kicked in the head by men and women, and that one person needed to be revived because he was hurt so badly. We also heard that the crowds spilled out of the dance club and that in some people were getting punched in the face as they were walking by the next morning in Kostamaya, there were a bunch of people ten people sitting by the side of the ship with all of their luggage as they were kicked off the ship and their relatives were shipped off to Mexican jails. Carnival needs to learn a lesson here and not serve alcohol after a certain time and perhaps shut down the eighteen and over dance club before three am. Nothing good can come of drunk teenagers at three in the morning.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no kidding, Trent teen age at three am or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carnival responds. Quote Carnival, a fight occurred on the vessel. It was broken up by ship's security and the cause of the fight was investigated, which resulted in ten guests being disembarked in Mexico. The safety and security of our guests and crew is of utmost importance, and we will not tolerate behavior that could put any of them a.
Speaker 3: Really cool Now, yeah, I like their shorter version Carnival mind you own.
Speaker 2: You'll notice I'm only talking about Yeah, I've noticed that.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Yeah, I didn't hear princess once.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're not going to let's take shortly. When we come back, we're going to talk more bad behavior on the high seas.
Speaker 3: Fight fight fight, fight, fight.
Speaker 2: So maybe on the lido deck we think, oh yeah, sorry, good point. You know, when you think about cruises in the US, they go in and out of Florida or Long Beach or like up Vancouver, British Columbia for those Alaska.
Speaker 3: Josopher, and then don't go to Seattle. They go to Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think they may. I don't know who's to say, but their cruises do go in and out of New York City.
Speaker 3: Your city to Europe, right, that's all the European No.
Speaker 2: No, no, they go up and down on the coast. Some will go north, like up to like Maine, Canada or whatever, Newfoundland, and then others go down along the eastern seaboard to the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I know that Bahamas run is big out of New York, but.
Speaker 3: They still do like the Queen Mary or Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: I think, so, yeah, run right, yeah yeah. So here's one from June twenty twenty two. Okay, there was a Carnival cruise ship. And again these are these happen on Carnival ships. I didn't see any Disney ones, no Viking River, no Holland America. Just an interesting fact.
Speaker 3: Interesting anyway, there was correlation.
Speaker 2: There was a tussle on the Carnival Magic Ship as it headed back into New York City. Let me tell you a little about Carnival Magic please.
Speaker 3: I was afraid i'd have to ask.
Speaker 2: It seems to do the Caribbean Run. There are two different Guy Fieri restaurants on board.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, good ship.
Speaker 2: There's Guys Pig and Anchor Barbecue that's a real thing, and Guys Burger Joint.
Speaker 3: See. I like your Guys and theory. Go to the restaurant. I have to admit I've never been to his restaurant, but I did eat a bunch of a food of his cookbook once.
Speaker 2: Yeah you had to. You were telling me you had to write.
Speaker 3: About it for a magazine story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you cooked your way through the cookbooks.
Speaker 3: I had help. Okay, I'm not a very good cook.
Speaker 2: Anyway. So Carnival Magic has two guy Fiery restaurants, which makes so much sense. Here's the major red flag though that's a red flag.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is the Carnival website description of the ship, listing off all their amenities.
Speaker 3: This should be good.
Speaker 2: Get into an island state ami before you even set foot on one. Red Frog Pub is our laid back, no worries, Oh so lively, key West inspired pub Dominate at the foosball table, Enjoy some sweet tins from live musicians, and sip our tasty signature private label brew Thirsty Frog. So kick back and fill the island vibe. Come to live. You'll be a local here before you know it.
Speaker 3: It can you get a hangover from advertising?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm about to give you a week worse alcohol poisoning. This is their description of the Blue Iguana Bar.
Speaker 3: Oh I know that drink well.
Speaker 2: Blue Iguana Tequila Bar is the onboard spot to chill and enjoy a slushy tequila drink or an ice cold Mexican service. The menu offers up Mexican favorites, including several grands a tequila and a slew of Mexican bruise. There's a lineup of frozen concoctions, cocktails and margaritas served by the glass, oh by the picture, and even a special Mexican beer cocktail. Yes, really, where can you find this little slice of Mexican paradise Mexican Mexico next to the pool, of course, So stay cool and taking the bars a vacation vibe while you kick back on your cruise. That's what official bar mask up Blue the Iguana would tell you.
Speaker 3: Now, I gotta say, as somebody who has the interests of Mexican beer in tequila, I'm so just ashamed of what's become of my interest. Fifteen years ago this was not the case, and they become so popular, and now I'm like, okay, so you've done this to my my I pas down in a Mexican beer. Take everything canse you go back to whiskey, which I don't drink.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of drinking on this boat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And when you get a lot of drunk folks together, you're guaranteed what did you.
Speaker 3: Go out a rum too? Oh?
Speaker 2: Probably anything. You're guaranteed some things when you get drinkers. Oh yeah, talking. It's not like career drinkers. This is amateur total.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: These are people who are.
Speaker 3: Like bush league hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the noise level is going to increase. People dance like no one's watching, People get all loved.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hugging up on people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are hugging in rubbins.
Speaker 3: They get hot and they take off clothing. People get mad, people get mad, get real. Fight Yeah, fist fly yep, huese fly.
Speaker 2: So on this particular ship, on this particular a brawl kicked off on the dance floor. Was not a dance off. The ship was approaching the Verrizanto Narrows Bridge. Oh yeah, a melee occurred. Sixty people got involved. Sixty Passenger and travel agent Teresa James told Fox News that the fight broke out after some significant others accused their partners of cheating in a threesome. Whoa, yeah, like what happens on the fight.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing that was like, uh, like a husband and a wife accused. There could be to be involved with a third person persons like who's this Mets fan? I see you talking to right?
Speaker 2: And so it all went down in the Vibe nightclub on the fifth floor of the Carnival Magic Ship. Do you want a description?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: You know, get up and get down At the most happening club in the Caribbean. Our DJ's are spinning today's hottest hits and yesterday's retro jams, guaranteed to get you out of your seat and tapping your feet. Hey that rhyme. Whether you're doing the robot or the worm, or just sway into the music, you'll want to dance till the sunrises, or at least till last call. Some people are born with all the right moves, but the rest of us need a little instruction to smooth the sharp edges off ours. That's why you'll find a host of free dance classes that sail along with you.
Speaker 3: They sand you down.
Speaker 2: I can't I want to see the dance classes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, ye club please? I like Also, by the way, how they push these people to like party like and all the language. It's like, oh cut loose, but not too much, not too much. It's like you're trying to find it's really small line for a lot of people to walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, just go nuts, stretch up. So they mentioned last call. At two am on that fateful day, the jilted lovers confronted their respective partners for two timing. The shoving led to broken beer bottles, which led to a lady getting her face sliced. That travel agent Teresa James said, quote ignorant fools acting stupid. Hold on. The fight lasted an hour, whoa an hour and.
Speaker 3: Then it was really taking breaks in the second ship.
Speaker 2: Like a karate movie where people wait in the wings. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you also like are you tagging out and tagging back in? You're just like a tag team sixty people yea.
Speaker 2: You know, they rotate through. It's like special teams comes in.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It rolled into the casino area on the same level of the ship, and then from there they took it from the fifth floor to the first. The whole time, ship security is trying to put a stop to it, and eventually the US Coast Guard was called.
Speaker 3: They had to bring a boat out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, here's a passenger who tweeted under the handle at n y E E M zero sure said he was quote at the bar listening to my own music, sipping a Shirley Temple. Then a brawl broke out and nowhere they said that some passengers were quote injured and cut up from glass, and most, if not all, of the ship's security guards rushed to stop the violence. And then he ends the tweet with it was the last night, so I guess they wanted to go out with a bang.
Speaker 3: Thanks Milhouse sitting there sipping on a Shirley Temple.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So that was on the Carnival Magic all right, Another fight broke out earlier this year. Let me tell you how the Carnival Magic shows are described by the comedy itself. This will clarify everything. Everyone has those perfect songs that never fail to get them moving. Playlist productions brings lists like yours to life. Your favorites become full blown musical productions featuring singers and dancers bringing down the house. Shows vary by ship, but there's a playlist for every music lover. Need a few examples, Zarin, You're like chorus hand up. How about the spicy sounds of the movie Magic soundtrack? Of flick or vintage pop with its twenties jazz beats, modern hits, get Ready for Thrills is Romance and pop hits Collide, and the interactive Dear Future Husband, Release your inner rock and roll Patriot during America Rocks, enter the center of groove with the passionate heart of soul feel, the arena shaking sounds of epic rock, the piano pounding sounds of eighty eight keys, the totally bad, meaning good eighties pop to the max, plus the funky, sophisticated and not at all exclusive studio VIP where everyone's welcome to come and get down, Like, come to this club. It's not exclusive at all. It's full of trash.
Speaker 3: Get in here, you'll be perfect.
Speaker 2: I'll fit right in. It sounds terrible. Apparently. Dear Future Husband is a Megan Trainer song. I refused to listen to it, okay, but the Wikipedia entry for it is a wild ride of poorly written descriptions of what she wore while performing the song in various venues.
Speaker 3: Oh really, it's bizarre.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, and no mention of carnival cruises like I was. I was trying to see it. No, I just feel like these shows are the worst.
Speaker 3: I feel like they are all going to be based on like those nineties dance movies.
Speaker 2: Were, like I watched videos of them. I watched videos of these shows for you, Zarin, I don't let's ponder it in our heads. Let me take you there. Karen, close your eyes. I want you to picture it. You are the main performer in the production of Vintage Pop, a rollicking look at well. Let me quickly read to you from the Carnival Cruise Guide press release, taking viewers back to the Great Gatsby and Cotton Club era with contemporary songs like all about that Bass, That's what I Like and work transformed into classic jazz interpretations what Vintage Pop features a toe tapping six piece live band performing in a modern day speaking highlighted by a show stopping burlesque number that leaves audiences breathless. Vintage Pop ends with a rollicking after party in the atrium, where guests can dance and interact with flapper and zoot suited outfitted cast members. All right, so you are just off stage about to step out into the lights to perform a jazzy torch songy version of John Legends all of me. You are wearing a black zoot suit. Your co star Brianna is dressed up like a flapper and ready to accompany you on this number. You are both sweaty from your performance of Ed Charine's shape of you blended with it don't mean a thing, but you were meant for the stage. You were meant for the curtain. You were meant to tread these boards. Of this much you are certain anyway. There you are, The lights dim and you and Brianna make your way to the stage. You look out at the assembled crowd in the theater. There are some who are dressed to the knies, heels and tight cocktail dresses and collared shirts. Others came in shorts, flip flops and visors. It's a mixed bag. The pianist begins to play a slow, jazzy tune. This in no way resembles the John Legend song, but that's the point. You are basically going to sing the lyrics over some jazzy stuff. As you take a deep breath and begin, you hear mumbling off to the side. At a cocktail table to your left, a man is swaying in his seat and mumbling to himself. He then begins to clap really loudly. I mean, you were meant for applause, and you were meant for derision. But this is odd. A person at the table next to the man tells him. The man's wife puts her hand on his arm to quiet him down. Michael, She spit whispers. It works for a bit. Michael settles in his seat. You float around the stage in the half dance, half saunter of Dinner Theater. You continue to croon. As you pause for effect, the clapping starts up again. You hear a man shout stop clapping so loud. The clapping continues. Michael will not be stopped. The piano plays on. But you've been thrown off your game. I mean you were meant to raise these hands with quiet all around you. Oh oh. The man who called for a stop to the clapping stands. He's on the other side of the clapping man. He announces that he's going to get a crew member and that'll put a stop to this. The guy just wants to hear a new arrangement of John Legend in Peace. Is that too much to ask? As the guy walks past Michael, Michael stands you freeze in the spotlight. Transfixed someone costs You hear low chattering ice rattling in glasses. Just then Michael reaches to his table, picks up his lowball glass and smashes it into the guy's face. JH. The man's state cries. JH looks stunned, a trickle of blood running down his forehead to his nose. Michael raises the glass in his fist again and brings it down on Jh's head once mout people scream, which falls to the ground. The band, trying to distract from the brutality of the wings, begins to play a jazzy ragtime tune. You hear Michael's glass break as he froze it at Jah. He then runs for the door, his flip flops skidding across the floor. As he makes an escape, the house lights come up and staff begin to direct the audience out of the theater, And as the spotlights fade away and you're escorted through the foyer, they will resume their callaways. But you were meant for the stage. I hope you enjoyed me weaving decembrous lyrics through that for you, Producer Dave, That was for you, so what just happened. What happened was thirty nine year old Michael Truman assaulted another passenger whose initials were provided as Jah. So during a floor show, JH asked Truman twice to pipe down before he went to go fine.
Speaker 3: Crew members the Truman show.
Speaker 2: According to according to an affidavit signed by FBI special agent Sean danaher quote, as JH attempted to walk past Truman to leave, Truman picked up his drink glass and smashed it into j H's face. Truman then got on top of JH and began striking him.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So JH gets face lacerations. Imagine he needed nineteen stit do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then, according to the Affidavid, Jh's wife said that Truman, surprise appeared to be drunk at the time they Later they tracked Truman down to his cabin. He told security that, yeah, he had been clapping a lot, and that the other man asked him to stop clapping so loud.
Speaker 3: And he has a wife, remember from the story.
Speaker 2: And then he also copped to having three or four alcoholic drinks that day, which I think is an underestimation.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing. Yeah. According to thirteen or four.
Speaker 2: According to the Affidavid quote, Truman repeatedly claimed that he had been defending himself. A broken old fashioned low ball cocktail glass was found in the vicinity of the assault, So Truman, he's facing a maximum of ten years in prison. WHOA what are you in for? Clapped a lot and busted a dude's face in during a cruise ship jets review.
Speaker 3: I love John Legend.
Speaker 2: Let's stop for some mats. You can work on your oil portrait of John Legend, and I'll try to get I was meant for the stage out of my head. When we come back, I have an epic one for you. Excellent and five six, seven eight. How you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm over here working on my jets routine. Are you the sharks because we've been practicing all day. Yeah, we have a whole dance routine worked out. I hope you guys are ready for a jazz battle.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go audition for Carnival Cruise Line.
Speaker 3: I'm already on, So would you like to talk to them on.
Speaker 2: A cruise line ship right now doing that? I'm on a Carnival cruise performing at John.
Speaker 3: I am the captain of the car I am.
Speaker 2: A carnival cruise ship. Have you not noticed that saren live your life like a carnival cruise ship. We've talked about the Commons Dominator.
Speaker 3: With no carnival cruise ship.
Speaker 2: This one's no different. Oh, this is very recent, June of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: This year, this year, that's this year, this summer, the summer of Dark Elizabeth exactly.
Speaker 2: It cast a pall across the globe. This is another one where it was the last day of the trip.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not just going the same here? Is that right? People were like, I didn't get enough out of this.
Speaker 2: I'm shooting the moon baby. This made the news after a guy named Nick Richardson who lives in Clearwater, Florida, posted a video of a megafight on YouTube now. He originally tried to put it on TikTok, but it got taken down, so we went to YouTube.
Speaker 3: Can you, by the way, you know you shortened names like Edward can become Ted or ed Can you Shore? And Nick Richardson to Nick Dixon?
Speaker 2: Sure, why not?
Speaker 3: Could you shorten a last name? No one ever shortens last names like You're Richardson? Now Dixon, the Dixon, Nick Dixon Dixon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he Clearwater, Florida. Guy posts this video. It's not really clear how the fight began, but when he came upon it.
Speaker 3: He was not part of the original altercation.
Speaker 2: He was but a witness. There were like ten to fifteen people going at it, throwing chairs, tackling each other. Who duking it out in the buffet area of the carnival paradise.
Speaker 3: Interesting, but nobody was like pulling knives or forks from the tables.
Speaker 2: This is at three am.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, why.
Speaker 2: Did he happen to see happened to see this buffet fight at three am?
Speaker 3: He's an insomnia he was out looking for pizza. Oh he's my people.
Speaker 2: Quote I woke up because I was starving, said Richardson.
Speaker 3: Oh so he was drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said. The passengers were quote talking trash to each other at the buffet and then tensions rose, but he didn't know like what initially set it all off. So security jumps in. They break it up. They're escorting one side of the fight out of the room while the other group like leaves on their own volition in the other direction. They made a mess. There's like tables and chairs knocked over plates and utensils everywhere. Carnival spokesperson Matt Lapoli said, quote, Carnival Paradise's security team intervened in an incident that took place on June sixth. As is our policy, we will not tolerate such behavior, and the guests involved were fined and will not sail on Carnival Cruise Line again.
Speaker 3: I find it hard to believe. You guys are always you're also releasing these You just pull up the template, change the.
Speaker 2: Day, change whichever boat it was. Richardson though, He's like, this did not ruin his cruise at all. It was the first cruise he'd ever been on, and he said it was just an quote isolated incident, and then he loved it so much that when he got home, he booked a new cruise.
Speaker 3: Like that same day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he as soon as he gets he books another trip, he said. Quote the security and just all the staff there were very, very good. So he was sold.
Speaker 3: So he's like, you're going to Vegas when you're like, oh, these guys can run this stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that they take care of it.
Speaker 3: I'm just allowed to be a child eating ice cream in the morning.
Speaker 2: I feel safe on the three day and pizza rest. I'm glad it didn't turn him off. The next one I have for you would certainly sour me on cruising.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, lay it out.
Speaker 2: I take you to one of my favorite places. I've never been Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, it is one of your favorite places.
Speaker 2: You've never confessed that. Before doing Ridiculous Crime, I had a slightly negative view of Australia. Well, I knew a couple of assis and they were both horses asses people. I wrote the whole place off you wrote is a couple of people. That's what I did. You know, I'm judgy.
Speaker 3: Hello, you're messing people from America. You're write a lot of content.
Speaker 2: There are very few places in this this green earth.
Speaker 3: You're a big fan of write everybody off.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we know what happens, and that's right. You got people, But like for real, the Australians that I've interacted with through the show have shown me that they're awesome.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I now love the I love I easily influenced.
Speaker 3: And they gave me the greatest term. Oh he's a goer, A go I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that too. I use it all the time. So if you're gonna have epic behavior. Australia is your place.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely, let's have some more class.
Speaker 2: Let's go February twenty eighteen. This time is the Carnival Legend as it made its way around the South Pacific on a ten day cruise. That kind of sounds dope, though.
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that a good amount of time or not?
Speaker 2: That's a pretty long cruise.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. Ten days is like, okay, they.
Speaker 2: Do like three four day cruises in the Caribbean four days or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The one I did in Mexico's like seven days.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is about this is like a little longer than aw It's.
Speaker 2: Like a slightly long daddy. But I think there's fourteen. And then there's the ones where you're like around the.
Speaker 3: World world months long and all the years or whatever. You're now retired there, you know, are the boat?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the trouble started after the legend set sail from alban See how I said, that's so good. In the French territory of New Caledonia, there was a big the.
Speaker 3: French territory of New Caledonia, it's Scottish Caledonians.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there was a huge family traveling all together, like two dozen folks, and it looked like they got on board just like spoiling for a fight. They came on like crusty, salty.
Speaker 3: They're wrapping tinfoil around their knuckles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, so like they come on, they're like spitting in the pool. Oh, they were in the smoking area and they're just screaming, yelling at everybody, just.
Speaker 3: Holding their fingers up, no cigarette, just breathing in the air.
Speaker 2: They would suck other people's yeah, and then like they would walk by other passengers and staff and like be like, oh, are you trying to insult me? And like wanted to start a fight?
Speaker 3: Oh, Travis Bickle like talking to me.
Speaker 2: Carnival Cruise Lines called the police to quote remove a family group of passengers and like by the time they got to this place, Eden on the South coast, a New South Wales south coast, the officers had to board. But it was like leading up to this is what was called the cruise from Hell. Oh yeah, so cops meet up with a ship. They took off six men, three teenage boys, fourteen women and children. The family group was taken to Canberra, where they had to figure out their own way home. A twenty one year old female passenger, who when speaking to the press said she wanted to remain anonymous, said that while she was traveling with her partner and another couple, their group was targeted by the family. Yeah, after one member of her party accidentally brushed past a member of the family and then they're like, oh, oh, it's on and I'm going to just like to the ends of the earth. I will get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope you know you got a new rival for life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said. Quote, yesterday, the friend we were traveling with was subjected to a large violent outburst. He was essentially thrown to the ground. It was completely unprovoked. They had him by the neck and they were punching and kicking him. And then she said that she thinks that the violence was triggered when her friend made eye contact with the group as they were chasing down another passenger. So like in the commission of a crime.
Speaker 3: Someone looks at and they stopped.
Speaker 2: They stopped, That's exactly what happened. Like they make eye contact, like they left a skin mark tennis shoe on the thing turned around.
Speaker 3: A pack of gorillas onto this boat. It seesn't seem like they'd be good passengers.
Speaker 2: She and her partner hid in their cabin for two days. They were so afraid. Another another passenger, identified only as Zach, he told Neil.
Speaker 3: Mitchell's street names.
Speaker 2: Melbourne radio station three a W that he was going to be removed from the ship after he was locked in his room by security overnight. He's part of the family, he called. He calls on the radio shop. He said. The conflict was between his family and another party on the ship that started following a misunderstanding over a.
Speaker 3: Song like a flip flop or like an underwear.
Speaker 2: He said it quote and I won't do it. I won't do the ex quote. This is all over a thong, not a foot, a thong being stepped on. So it's a flip flop, a thong being stepped on and being instantly apologized for what happened there and then was apologized for. My nephew was threatened as he was returning a soccer when four or five blokes walked up to him and said, don't worry, we're going to get you. Like it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: No, it's such a so somebody had their flip flop stepped on. Another person got mad because they're like, oh, these are my best flip flops. I wear it all formal events.
Speaker 2: My go aheads and then like he apologizes, but then they returned. They like threatened his nephew for a soccer ball. But he doesn't complete the thought. He said that security guards were harassing his family and it was really security was doing this whole thing. They're the ones who started all this, uh, he said, quote the first hit was thrown by security towards not just my daughter and my sister in law, but my wife as well. So he's like security was hitting all the lady folk. He then said that security guards assaulted him and his son, quote taking turns pounding us in the face with knuckle dusters and steel cap boots. Were basically standing here is thanking the Lord above that we survived it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the station, the station three a W they did get footage of the brawl, Oh thank god, And it does not securities up in there. But you can't tell if they were there from the jump or if they get pulled in.
Speaker 3: Can you tell if they got knuckle dusters, Well.
Speaker 2: You can see that there are a bunch of guards and a staffer kicking a passenger while he's on the ground. And in the background you can hear people screaming and crying.
Speaker 3: Did you see someone beating someone with a mop?
Speaker 2: This guy, David Barco. He told three a W that he received a call at one in the morning from his son George, crying, saying that quote, a lot of people are bleeding, a lot of people are down. Please Dad, please Dad, call the federal police. I could hear a lot of kids crying, women screaming, swearing.
Speaker 3: What the heck can you know to getting a call from the middle of this melee?
Speaker 2: Oh God? Three aw the center of all this, this this radio station. They talked to another passenger, Michael. He said that he'd been kicked while laying on the ground and he got cuts and bruises to his face, his back, his legs. They also talked to Kelly Peterson. She didn't mind giving her full name. She goes on the cruise with her husband and her three young kids. She and her husband had also been threatened by the crazy family. This is how she said it. Quote they were looking for trouble from the minute they got on the ship, anyone and everything. They even picked on a sixteen year old boy because they thought he looked at them. Fights have been going on for a few days now. We're scared. We've been told to watch our backs by this group, so we're scared to go anywhere alone on the ship. We can't wait to get off. People are walking around with cut heads and hands, bandages everywhere. She said. The security told her.
Speaker 3: Kids deep country, like why are they so not used to being around other people? Don't know?
Speaker 2: But security told her like, don't walk alone. And then the other passengers were saying that they stayed in their cabins the whole time and her stay safe. Lisa Belifo. She said that she and her son locked themselves in the cabin. Quote, we've all made several complaints, saying kids were scared. They saw people getting strangled and punched up. The captain said, what do you want me to do about it? Throw them overboard?
Speaker 3: Way to go back.
Speaker 2: We have jails on these they have.
Speaker 3: A break, then they can marry people, They can lock people, got power them, just go out and tank. You know what they do on planes, duck tape them to their seats.
Speaker 2: I don't know well, so, like, what's the deal with this family? What can't a.
Speaker 3: Pilot do that a captain of a boat can't do?
Speaker 2: They're like, who is this failing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who is this family?
Speaker 2: Believe though, she said that it was quote a big Italian fan who spent the crews attacking quote OSSI's.
Speaker 3: Actually Italian from I don't know Italians were ethnical Italian.
Speaker 2: From so I'm hearing it from. She said their behavior was quote very violent. They were full on attacks, and she said she wasn't sad to see them getting stomped by security.
Speaker 3: It was like the Capone boys, Like what are we talking about? Quote?
Speaker 2: They deserved everything they got. They were the aggressors. So she said that her son got targeted and they had to make a run for it and lock themselves in the cabin. Her son told news outlets quote, I was watching the fight and one guy came up to me and said, do you want to go too? Bro? My mom had to drag me away from it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: They were trying to pick on any Ossie they could find.
Speaker 3: This is so how did they think they gimmed themselves up for this? Like? Was it like one of those like the family like they have a meeting before they go and drive to the port. They're like, we're gonna mess the ossies up. In't that right? Gino?
Speaker 2: Thearren Foster's is Australian for beer mate. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: The courage.
Speaker 2: So little battles went on for days as the ship sailed on, but there was the final straw was an all out brawl in the ship's nightclub, of course. So there's a video of the giant fight. A man pins another to the bar floor. All around them like passengers as screaming trying to move out of the way. A woman throws herself on top of the pair, and then security guards show up and they start like punching and kicking the dudes on the floor.
Speaker 3: The security guard is pine, just bruised hands like they're like, I've been fighting for.
Speaker 2: This passenger, Michael, it's funny you should mention this. The passenger Michael Hatter said guards waved broken bottles at passengers to intimidate them, and quote put handcuffs around their hands as knuckle dusters. So they used handcuffs as brass knuckles. Yes, amazing.
Speaker 3: Don't they have cruncheons or like some kind of spray that can use me. It seems like Carnival may want to look into.
Speaker 2: Tasers silly string. In one video, you can see like one of the staff members try and knock the phone from the hand of the person filming.
Speaker 3: I got another idea for Carnival. That's sugar glass. All the glasses on Carnival Cruise, sugar glass, just break all you want exactly.
Speaker 2: The staff member tries to knock the phone from the hand of the person filming. Filming, okay, yeah, and then screams no camera, this is staff staff. Before the video ends, a security guard makes a fist and draws his arm back like he's gonna punch a woman in the face camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like that the one like the comedian you ow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Instagram comedian who puts her hand by your face. Yeah, I can't say it. He like does that right, he pulls back and then he stops at the last moment.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: A Carnival spokesperson said in a statement quote, the actions seen on the video by our security team are not in line with our Carnival values and policies.
Speaker 3: They put their back into this one.
Speaker 2: We are conducting a full investigation and we will take appropriate corrective action as necessary.
Speaker 3: Ah, and I get they determine what's necessary right next time it will be yes.
Speaker 2: But they have Carnival values and policies. I've seen their values. They're pretty amazing. Jennifer vander Creek, the Carnival general manager. So yes, there were quote limited and isolated events with the family in question. Disembarking a family from a cruise is an unprecedented incident. It is always our last resort. We felt it was the best course of action for the safety and security of our guests and crew, like we had to boot off a whole family total.
Speaker 3: These press pass always sound like some kind of weird like sci fi novel, like we'reen in the future, or they're like we've become really corporate talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Carnival President store mirrmel I don't even know, said an internal investigation was going to be launched and that quote excessive behavior was not tolerated by Carnival. That is not what I've been talking about for the last forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: This is all about a George Saunder's novel, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is a Carnival dispatched a quote care crew a crew to help those who decided to ride out the crews to the bitter end a care crew. Yeah, and then they probably handed out teddy.
Speaker 3: Bears I was just about to say, and candy and and it.
Speaker 2: Should be noticed not all of the bad boys bad boys, what You're Gonna do? Were kicked off the ship. Some like there were still some aggressive passengers who got locked in their cabins as kind of like a house arrest until they returned. Other passengers like they complained that once the fight was over and everyone had been ejected, that like guards on the ship were taking their phones and deleting all the videos of the melee. Oh wow, So police removed twenty three people, all apparently members of the same family. Uh. Some had been ordered removed while others left voluntarily.
Speaker 3: So wait the police is this from a port of call, because I mean they're like international.
Speaker 2: Water pulled into a port and then in South Wales?
Speaker 3: Does it go to the first jurisdiction they touch, you know, like, oh, if your rules are different, you know what I mean? Like what if they go to like christ Church as opposed to Okay.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Well I think they put the federal police limit. Okay, so when they're leading everyone off, all the passengers that were still there, they went up out onto the deck and they were like booing and clapping. As the family was moved to a police boat. One of the dudes in the family was wearing like a big head bandage. The whole group were just like not remorseful, looking super defiant. While the family was being let out, a lady on the cruise yelled loser and then one of the Narraduel's flips or the bird it's amazing. So again, Carnival releases another statement, we sincerely regret that the unruly conduct and actions of the passengers removed them a ship may have prevented other guests from fully enjoying their cruise. I mean they must have just like six template.
Speaker 3: Oh statement, they just spin the wheel when everyone comes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a good will gesture, if you may to the end of the cruise, they gave you a twenty five percent off coupon for the next one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Four years later, in October of twenty twenty two, Carnival updated its ticket contract to say that unruly guests would be fined five hundred dollars and made to reimburse any incurred expenses resulting from being detained or being made to disembark early. The contract reads quote consistent with our commitment to safety, disruptive behavior will not be tolerated, and any guest whose conduct affects the comfort, enjoyment, safety, or well being of other guests or crew will be detained on board and or disembarked at their own expense, and will be banned from sailing on Carnival in the future.
Speaker 3: That's a little bit vague the land. I mean, like, what if you like, fart, a bunch of peoplesupting.
Speaker 2: Totally disrupted, off you go, And then like a month before that they set up a one am curfew for passengers under the age of eighteen About them, right, Zaren? What's your ridiculous takeaway?
Speaker 3: How is it because you kids can break at eighteen? Is that how we have other teens?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How is I just don't understand how there's like captains and security, but it really doesn't sound like there's security and a captain. Everyone's just like, look, we're just trying to keep the boat afloat. That's our job. That's all we care about. Basically, it's bizarre and as somebody who is totally agnostic to this, all of this other than what you see in the media. This is wilder than I thought it was, and I thought it was pretty wild.
Speaker 2: There you go, it's wild.
Speaker 3: So like, basically, I have some friends who like to fight. I know what I'm getting them for their carnival Carnival cruise gift certificates perfect.
Speaker 2: Do they wear flip flops?
Speaker 3: Knuckle dusters? So they do wear Do you know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: I do know who you're trying to In response to all this, Dave, I need to talk about see what.
Speaker 3: I could do? Oh my god, I love cheat.
Speaker 4: Hi guys, this is Adriana from Reno and Darren. I fully support or your dream of writing on top of a train car someday. I got to do it once when I served in there in West Africa, slept on top of a hopper full of iron ore overnight under the stars across the Sahara and woke up in Nouadi Boo on the Atlantic coast of West Africa. Highly recommend that what's up, World's most interesting woman.
Speaker 3: It's the coolest thing I've heard, A good piece.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that. And you're gonna make my dream country because I'm going to try that. Ok. Good, you get a new co host fall off, Dave get Ready.
Speaker 2: That's us for today. You can find us online at ridiculous Crime dot com. We're also at Ridiculous Crime on Twitter, Instagram, at Gmail. Leave a talk back on my iHeart app, please reach out. Ridiculous Crime is hosted by Elizabeth Sudden and Zaren Burnette. Produced and edited Vice Senior Watchkeeping Officer Dave Kusten, starring Annalise Rutger as Judith. Research is by Junior Assistant Cruise director Marissa Brown and Second Electro Technical Officer Andrea Song Sharpened Hear. The theme song is by second plumber Thomas Lee and Food and Beverage manager Travis Dutton. Host wardrobe is provided by Botany five hundred guest here and makeup by Sparkleshot and mister Andre. Executive producers are Junior Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Ben Bollen and staff photographer Noel Brown. Weds QUI Say It One More Timequusque.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeartRadio. Four more podcasts my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,